LGBTQ+ Competent Care

Based on reviews from the LGBTQ+ community.

LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

LGBTQ+ Competent Care

Based on reviews from the LGBTQ+ community.

Adrienne Neithardt

100 MLK Jr. Blvd. Ste. 300
Worcester, MA 01608

2020 - 2021, Successful
LGBTQ+
Dr Wright is thoughtful in her approach and thorough in her assessments. She is kind and caring, while also giving the necessary information. We felt she listened to our concerns and addressed them, as well as took the time to answer our questions with thorough responses. We only saw her twice but felt confident in her...Come prepared with questions since you may only see her a couple of times!
I thought the [Boston IVF] clinic was organized and detail oriented in their approach and information giving. It was clean and friendly. We went to both Waltham and Bedford locations for different testing and labs etc. Both had kind and caring staff members...The clinic was certainly welcoming and respectful and kind regarding LGBTQ+ issues...The nursing staff were kind and helpful throughout the process in giving information and instructions
How was your experience with Kristen Wright at Boston IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kristen Wright at Boston IVF?
Come prepared with questions since you may only see her a couple of times!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kristen Wright at Boston IVF?
Dr Wright was kind and caring and truly listened to our concerns, and took the time to answer our questions
Describe the protocols Kristen Wright used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
Dr Wright used Letrozole, I believe we started with 2.5 dose. I had several appointments to check on follicles and needed a dose increase. We increased my dose to 5 mg and this was more effective. We used a trigger shot to trigger ovulation. Our first cycle resulted in a negative pregnancy test. we started the second cycle at 5 mg of letrozole and used a trigger shot again. This resulted in a positive pregnancy test and live birth to our son who is now almost 2! We also used provera to start my cycle before the first round as I had not had it in many months.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
I thought the clinic was organized and detail oriented in their approach and information giving. It was clean and friendly. We went to both Waltham and Bedford locations for different testing and labs etc. Both had kind and caring staff members.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kristen Wright at Boston IVF.
I believe insurance covered testing. iUi cost $1100 per cycle plus the cost of sperm which was around $900 per vial, and the cost of shipping the sperm. Now we continue to pay for sperm storage for baby #2
Describe Kristen Wright's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
How competent was Boston IVF at LGBTQ+ care?
Describe your experience using 3rd party reproduction (donor eggs, donor sperm, or gestational carrier) at Boston IVF.
Coordination with Seattle Sperm Bank went well! We had no issues
Bedford Fertility Center

2020 - 2022, 53 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Murphy is fantastic and I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a fertility doctor. She was patient, kind, and thoroughly explained my options and associated risks. I was so grateful to have found such a great fertility doctor. After I moved to a different state and consequently had to proceed with a different fertility clinic, I set up a consultation with Dr. Murphy as a second opinion because I valued her expertise so much. I trusted her so much that I couldn't imagine proceeding with my FET without her weighing in!
The [Boston IVF] clinic was pretty disorganized. I had to be pretty aggressive about calling and following up to push things forward. I'm not sure if that was the nurses or the administration, though. Once I was there for blood draws and other exams, the nurses were all very competent and nice...The communication and coordination around my egg freezing cycles was not the best. One has to really advocate for themselves and be aggressive about calling and following up. But, the patient care by the doctors and nurses was really fantastic.
How was your experience with Lauren Murphy at Boston IVF?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lauren Murphy at Boston IVF?
Dr. Murphy was incredibly patient and thorough in explaining my options to me. She was really great at listening to what my personal goals were and adjusting the plan to maximize my goals. I really felt like she applied her expertise to my personal situation, which I really appreciated.
Describe the protocols Lauren Murphy used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
I did two egg retrievals (for freezing) with Dr. Murphy. Because of my age (39 at the time), I think we had to be pretty aggressive about medications and monitor pretty closely. My results were amazing, though, retrieving over 60 eggs in those two cycles. So, whatever she did certainly worked. A couple years later, we turned those eggs into embryos, did PGT-A testing and ended up with 8 beautiful, healthy embryos. Given my age, I really needed to mitigate the chances of miscarriage, so I don't at all regret doing the PGT-A testing. I also consulted with her about what kind of frozen embryo cycle to go with, not getting much clarity from my new fertility doctor (I had moved to a new state). We discussed my options and preferences and she recommended a natural cycle. I went with that natural cycle and am now pregnant.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
The clinic was pretty disorganized. I had to be pretty aggressive about calling and following up to push things forward. I'm not sure if that was the nurses or the administration, though. Once I was there for blood draws and other exams, the nurses were all very competent and nice.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lauren Murphy at Boston IVF.
I was very lucky because I had Google insurance that covered most of my egg freezing costs.
Describe Lauren Murphy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
Given my age and the fact that we did the PGT-A testing, both Dr Murphy and my new fertility doctor recommended a single embryo transfer. Both doctors were pretty clear on this being the healthiest choice for me.
What specific things went wrong at Boston IVF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
Both of my egg freezing cycles were done under particular time crunches and in both cases I was almost unable to do the cycles due to administrative problems. For the first one, it took a lot of phone calls and coordination to make sure I could do the egg freezing before my insurance ran out. I'm quite certain it wouldn't have happened if I hadn't constantly called and reminded and nagged. For the second cycle, I was no longer living in Boston, but arranged to come to town for the cycle. I coordinated and confirmed everything and then once I arrived in Boston, was told that it hadn't been set up and I wouldn't be able to do the cycle that month. Luckily, with quite a bit of persistence on my part, I was able to get everything back on track. These were just some of the bigger coordination events. Both cycles were peppered with smaller coordination and communication problems.

2019 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Murphy is exceptionally empathetic and extremely knowledgeable. She answers all our statistical questions thoroughly...she offered her recommendations on next steps but created plenty of space for us to talk through possible alternative options. Even when I wasn't able to speak to her directly, I could tell her whole team was in close communication...Sometimes, I would email Dr. Murphy a question, and receive a call from the nursing team a few hours later to answer my question. Other times, she'd reply directly...
Multiple locations of the clinic [Boston IVF] was great. The operations were pretty fluid. Sometimes it was difficult to get the time for an appointment I needed. But most of the time it worked out....They [nurses] always called back within the same day...Even when I wasn't able to speak to her [Dr. Murphy] directly, I could tell her whole team was in close communication. I never needed to repeat myself to an RN. Sometimes, I would email Dr. Murphy a question, and receive a call from the nursing team a few hours later to answer my question. Other times, she'd reply directly.
How was your experience with Lauren Murphy at Boston IVF?
Dr. Murphy is exceptionally empathetic and extremely knowledgeable. She answers all our statistical questions thoroughly. She addressed our anxieties thoughtfully. And she offered her recommendations on next steps but created plenty of space for us to talk through possible alternative options. Even when I wasn't able to speak to her directly, I could tell her whole team was in close communication. I never needed to repeat myself to an RN. Sometimes, I would email Dr. Murphy a question, and receive a call from the nursing team a few hours later to answer my question. Other times, she'd reply directly. It always felt like she was rooting for us. She even called us at the end of her workday on a Friday evening after we miscarried to just talk to us and say sorry for the loss. It was unexpected and really heartwarming. It emphasized to us how she was our advocate and cheerleader in addition to being our doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lauren Murphy at Boston IVF?
Ask for what you need. Don't be afraid to ask any questions. Even if she's not there doing a procedure, she's always aware of her patients.
Dr. Murphy always took the time to answer every single question I had even if it was for a possible future procedure we may end up not doing. She balanced giving us the clinical best practice alongside the mental health implications as well as took consideration to the financial piece. The biggest part though was how she addressed my husband equally. She honored both our needs throughout the process.
5 rounds of IUI, some unmedicated, some medicated. One full IVF round including a retrieval with all the related medication. Then 2 rounds of IVF natural cycles with trigger shot. One was a single embryo transfer and the second two embryos. Then a third double embryo transfer with full medication. Prior to the third IVF transfer, we did an endometrio biopsy and mock transfer cycle for additional tests.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Amanda, Hope, Jackie)
They always called back within the same day.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Multiple locations of the clinic was great. The operations were pretty fluid. Sometimes it was difficult to get the time for an appointment I needed. But most of the time it worked out.
We initially transferred one embryo, and then she was comfortable starting to transfer two embryos after that. The reasons felt clear primarily because we had been in this process for 2.5 years at that point.
Brookline Fertility Center

She [Dr. Murphy] is very informative. She answers every question you have with a straight answer. She doesn't give false hope and she will tell you what to expect. Even with only one failed round, I am very eager to start my next round with her as my doctor because this is not an 100% chance thing and with her as my doctor I feel like my odds increase!
Boston ivf is very clean, organized, and friendly. The office is warm and inviting. They support any kind of couples. The nurses and doctors are great with names and faces with all the people they see daily. ... Dr. Murphy suggested 1 embryo transfer because of my age and heath. ... I can't remember her name but she was the beta nurse, always called me early on the days I went in for ultrasounds. Always called me back within the hour if I had a question for her.
How was your experience with Lauren Murphy at Boston IVF?
She is very informative. She answers every question you have with a straight answer. She doesn't give false hope and she will tell you what to expect. Even with only one failed round, I am very eager to start my next round with her as my doctor because this is not an 100% chance thing and with her as my doctor I feel like my odds increase!
Ask her any questions you have. She will always answer you.
Dr. Murphy was very kind and always answered my questions even if I thought they were stupid questions. She made me feel like no question is stupid. She gave me everything I needed to know and didn't give me false hope.
In my cycle I used menopur, ganirelix, and follistim for my egg retrieval. I got 19 eggs, 8 were fertilized and 4 made it to day 5. 1 was transferred, 2 were frozen. I started progesterone the day after my egg retrieval until after my negative pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lauren Murphy at Boston IVF.
I reached my out of pocket maximum because of a surgery I had prior to starting ivf so I didn't have to pay much for ivf. My lifetime max is 25k and meds is 10k, I reached my med maximum very quickly but I paid nothing for almost all of the medications, except 1 that wasn't covered and my nurse got me a very good price.
Dr. Murphy suggested 1 embryo transfer because of my age and heath.

1 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. Ryley is very warm and approachable and really conveys that he cares and "has your back". He has advocated for me with insurance and got me right in for surgery when fibroid was found--and delivered news with compassion.... He is smart and confident but also realistic in setting expectations. I have the feeling that he "has my back" and that he truly cares.
The clinic [Boston IVF] is very large so the positives of this are that there are many resources and options, including many locations and open on weekends. The downside of this is that I feel a bit like cattle in a factory...and your doctor does not perform any of the procedures (unless you luck out and they happen to be on call). Boston IVF and New England IVF also joined and there are differences between their protocols within the same clinic, but that was not made clear to us at the outset (switched between NEIVF to BIVF doctor and a few things slightly changed).
How was your experience with David Ryley (retired) at Boston IVF?
I said it before--he is very caring and compassionate and explains everything well. He is smart and confident but also realistic in setting expectations. I have the feeling that he "has my back" and that he truly cares.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Ryley (retired) at Boston IVF?
The clinic is really busy and it is difficult to get appointments in a timely manner. There is also the question of whether you want to deal with feeling like a number at such a big clinic... I think he's worth it but we'll see.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Ryley (retired) at Boston IVF?
Describe the protocols David Ryley (retired) used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
Gonal F, Monopur, Cetrotide, Endometrin
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Heidi and Amanda)
They are very helpful, but you can tell that they are busy. However, when you need to talk to them, they will get back to you soon and explain things clearly.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The clinic is very large so the positives of this are that there are many resources and options, including many locations and open on weekends. The downside of this is that I feel a bit like cattle in a factory...and your doctor does not perform any of the procedures (unless you luck out and they happen to be on call). Boston IVF and New England IVF also joined and there are differences between their protocols within the same clinic, but that was not made clear to us at the outset (switched between NEIVF to BIVF doctor and a few things slightly changed).
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Ryley (retired) at Boston IVF.
This first cycle is covered under insurance and Dr. Ryley fought insurance for that. Otherwise, it's about $8k-$10k.

2013 - 2016, Successful
LGBTQ+
We love Dr. Ryley and we're completely satisfied with our experience with him. He was always honest with what we should expect and clear with what the course of action would be. We always felt that we were in excellent hands...Dr. Ryley was very supportive and encouraging and very accepting of us being a gay couple. Dr. Ryley's language and approach was always professional and understanding and tailored to our specific situation and needs.
The billing dept [at Boston IVF] was very helpful in arranging all of the details for insurance and other than co pays and deductibles, everything was covered...We love Boston IVF- every office (Quincy, Waltham and Brookline) that we used was great. We like that they have a policy of not encouraging children to be in the clinic- it is helpful to not be reminded of what you don't have and desperately want every time you go to the doctor. Also, having the Domar center in Waltham was excellent. I took advantage of the acupuncture for every insemination and transfer.
How was your experience with David Ryley (retired) at Boston IVF?
Trust him and Boston IVF - Stay the course, though it might take a while, and if it is possible for you to get pregnant, Dr. Ryley will do everything he can to make it happen.
I don't remember all the specifics. We had tried ICIs by ourselves and IUIs with a family friend who is an OB/GYN and they didn't produce a live birth. We went to Dr. Ryley after I had a miscarriage. He suggested many tests to make sure everything was working properly, which we appreciated because we wouldn't want to go through more cycles if something was wrong. We then did a few more rounds of IUIs with drugs but they didn't work. Then Dr. RYley suggested IVF- and explained the procedure very clearly. Though it was overwhelming, Dr. Ryley and all of his nurses and staff were very helpful in explaining everything every step of the way. We did the course of drugs for the egg retrieval, got 20 eggs, 4 of which fertilized. One didn't survive, we transferred one and it didn't work, the second one worked, and produced a healthy baby boy. We froze the 4th one for two years and just transferred it 9 months ago and Just gave birth to another baby boy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
Thy were all very helpful and knowledgeable and available at any hour of the night to take phone calls and answer any questions we had.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
The billing dept was very helpful in arranging all of the details for insurance and other than co pays and deductibles, everything was covered.
Describe David Ryley (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
We didn't want to produce multiple births so we only transferred one at a time. It was more of our decision and Dr. Ryley supported it.
Brookline Fertility Center

[Dr. Ryley is] Very kind and actually wanted to know me as a person- almost to the point I was a bit disconcerted since it’s so unusual!...He was great at explaining everything to me and giving me realistic statistics . I felt very confident in his knowledge and the care he provided. He didn’t get more technical than I wanted , everything was at just the right level for me. I also felt like he had plenty of time with me and didn’t feel rushed...I’m a single mother by choice so obviously I went straight to iui . We started with ovulation predictor kits but I asked to move to active monitoring . I got pregnant on the 5th cycle. If that hadn’t worked the next step would have been ivf but I didn’t need tha
[Boston IVF is] really a machine - the doctors are great but you feel like a number. The fact that it’s a machine gives you confidence though so as long as you’re ok without the touchy feels you really are in great hands. The doctors are all very academic and on top of the research as well and they just have a very smooth process...I really felt like a number with the nurse. My interaction was pretty limited with her however, just a call after the blood tests to tell me if I was pregnant or not
How was your experience with David Ryley (retired) at Boston IVF?
He is very trustworthy and I recommend him without hesitation
We used metformin, letrozole and IUI. I’m a single mother by choice so obviously I went straight to iui . We started with ovulation predictor kits but I asked to move to active monitoring . I got pregnant on the 5th cycle. If that hadn’t worked the next step would have been ivf but I didn’t need tha
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: I do t remember her name)
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
It’s really a machine - the doctors are great but you feel like a number. The fact that it’s a machine gives you confidence though so as long as you’re ok without the touchy feels you really are in great hands. The doctors are all very academic and on top of the research as well and they just have a very smooth process.
I paid about 2000 per cycle - 800 for the sperm and 1200 for the iui and montori g. My insurance covered the visits so I only had a copay and it also covered the blood tests and HSG
2011 - 2013, Successful
Dr. Ryley was honest and incredibly positive, even when we were starting to lose hope...My only issue is that sometimes he talked a bit fast and details were hard to remember. I wish we had pushed more with regard to egg quality, which seemed to be an issue though he assured us it wasn't.
When meeting with Dr. Ryley and the tech's in the Boston IVF Brookline office, I felt like a cared for patient.... Waltham was the complete opposite - children were always there and never in the separate waiting room (hurtful since we were all there with fertility issues!) and it totally felt like a factory.
How was your experience with David Ryley (retired) at Boston IVF?
Dr. Ryley was honest and incredibly positive, even when we were starting to lose hope. He encouraged us to seek a second opinion when we told him we wanted to and also offered to raise our case at the practice's monthly meeting to see if someone else had ideas to help address our unexplained infertility. My only issue is that sometimes he talked a bit fast and details were hard to remember. I wish we had pushed more wrt egg quality, which seemed to be an issue though he assured us it wasn't.
Be prepared with questions and be honest.
When meeting with Dr. Ryley and the tech's in the Brookline office, I felt like a cared for patient. The phlebotomist at the Brookline office was AMAZING, as were the techs doing the ultrasounds. They talked us through everything and showed us what they were seeing. Waltham was the complete opposite - children were always there and never in the separate waiting room (hurtful since we were all there with fertility issues!) and it totally felt like a factory. The tech's were cold and didn't show us anything and the blood draws were factory-ish and I always left with a bruise.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
In the procedure room they took care of everything and kept track of things, so after the first one, I always got the patch for nausea to help with being sick after retrievals.
Brookline Fertility Center
Dr Murphy forgot repeatedly what had happened in my history (she forgot about my chromosomally normal pregnancies, about a chemical pregnancy, about the fact that she prescribed and that I took letrozole for one cycle) ... Make sure to understand your own course; she is not reliable ...
Boston IVF is an older office with not a lot of space, but they are efficient and the office and nursing staff are very nice. This was convenient for me and covered by my insurance, so that was good. Parking is expensive. ... The majority of cost was picked up by my insurance; anything that would not be was discussed in advance.
How was your experience with Lauren Murphy at Boston IVF?
Make sure to understand your own course; she is not reliable

Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Dr. Bayer shows compassion and goes above and beyond to make sure as a patient you feel his compassion. I have only worked with Dr. Bayer for a few months and his expertise and caring ways have already exceeded my expectations.... oston IVF has exceeded our expectations over and over again during our short time as their patients. They provided us with tons of information and resources from day one. They always respond back in a very timely manner and accommodate needs by doing so via email if requested to avoid multiple missed calls or phone calls back and forth due to busy schedules. I have even received answers back on the nurses days off which was completely unexpected but a pleasant surprise!
Boston IVF has exceeded our expectations over and over again during our short time as their patients. They provided us with tons of information and resources from day one. They always respond back in a very timely manner and accommodate needs by doing so via email if requested to avoid multiple missed calls or phone calls back and forth due to busy schedules. I have even received answers back on the nurses days off which was completely unexpected but a pleasant surprise!

2014 - 2015, Successful
Dr. Ryley takes a huge personal investment with his patients... Regardless of how discouraged I am going into my appointments, I always leave in high spirits and optimistic about my future.
I like that you always get the same nurse and she learns your care, your needs, etc.
Make you come prepared to ask lots of questions because he has a lot of information to give if you're ready and open for it!
Dr Ryley takes a huge personal investment with his patients, even picking up the phone and calling me personally when I've had unfavorable news or positive news - to offer sympathy or to congratulate. Regardless of how discouraged I am going into my appointments, I always leave in high spirits and optimistic about my future.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Nurses Heidi and Susan)
2015, Successful
David Ryley was a mensch. He seemed to really care about me and my husband. He encouraged us and gave us hope. He added humor to every discussion which really alleviated any tension. One part of the process that we were surprised about was how sick I felt after the retrieval. No one explained that that could happen. Over he is a Great guy!
How was your experience with David Ryley (retired) at Boston IVF?
Make sure to. Ring your sense of humor.
He was personable, got to know us and was honest
IuI, egg retrieval.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
They were amazing and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
They discourage that you bring children there but if you have no chcildcate, it's very difficult.
2015, Unknown Success
I am still in the process of getting pregnant and have yet to feel the need to look elsewhere for a doctor. Although I haven't met with Dr. Ryley extensively, I do wish he was a bit more involved on a personal level.
I have found it very clinical at the [Boston IVF] office and some technicians have been not so friendly. But the doctors and nurses I've met with have all been great.
How was your experience with David Ryley (retired) at Boston IVF?
All my interactions with Dr. Ryley have been pleasant and he genuinely seemed to want to help. That being said, I have found it very clinical at the office and some technicians have been not so friendly. But the doctors and nurses I've met with have all been great.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
They were very nice and always prompt in getting back to me when I called with questions.
2011 - 2014, Successful
Investment Banker
He has a Blunt delivery but is trustworthy and results-driven. he can get a little lost in the numbers and probabilities but is still caring. He also adds a little humor to the process.
Practice is always busy and sees a lot of patients. They are not always caring or sensitive of the very difficult time patients are going through. They could make the experience more relaxing and less clinical feeling.
How was your experience with David Ryley (retired) at Boston IVF?
He's not warm and fuzzy and that's ok.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
I have a hard time with giving blood because I have small veins that collapse easily. The nurse NEVER had a problem getting a vein.
2012 - 2013, Successful
He did a great job of explaining the process and his approach and recommendations, but also always asking what I was comfortable with and willing to adjust the course to meet my personal needs. He answered as many questions as I needed and made me feel like I was in charge of my care.
They were on top of things, understanding and compassionate... They knew who I was and catered to my particular circumstances, always making sure that I was on-board with the plan and ready to listen if something wasn't working.
How was your experience with Selwyn Oskowitz (retired) at Boston IVF?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Selwyn Oskowitz (retired) at Boston IVF?
Ask lots of questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Selwyn Oskowitz (retired) at Boston IVF?
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
They were on top of things, understanding and compassionate.
Selwyn Oskowitz (retired)

2014 - 2015, Unsuccessful
He was reserved, knowledgeable, clearly an expert, but not warm at all. I trusted him, but did not like how negative he was....Be aware for bluntness, and not a lot of compassion. Also, he does not perform many of the actual procedures.
They [the nurses] were very nice. The main nurse I dealt with was very repetitive....He [Dr Oskowitz] was reserved, knowledgeable, clearly an expert, but not warm at all. I trusted him, but did not like how negative he was.
How was your experience with Selwyn Oskowitz (retired) at Boston IVF?
He knew who I was and about my case, but his bedside manner was gruff andkind of negative.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF.
They were very nice. The main nurse I dealt with was very repetitive. Maybe she found that necessary. I found hearing something three times unnecessary.
Selwyn Oskowitz (retired)
2013, Successful
Everything explained to me with a very caring staff...I think he [Dr. Benjamin Lannon] was great checked my uterus before treatment began found fibroids and removed them...[Boston IVF] Needs more locations but other than that no complaints
How was your experience with Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF?
I think he was great checked my uterus before treatment began found fibroids and removed them
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF?
Read about ivf before you go in
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF?
Everything explained to me with a very caring staff
Describe the protocols Benjamin Lannon used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
The uterine scan was very smart
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
Sweet and cheering for me the whole time
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Needs more locations but other than that no complaints
Describe the costs associated with your care under Benjamin Lannon at Boston IVF.
None my insurance paid
Benjamin Lannon
2014 - 2019, Unsuccessful
[Dr. Steven Bayer is] down to earth and feels for the heart break his patients go through...explains in detail what he knew to be our issue with our 2 known miscarriages. He took the time to explain...He was very understanding how we felt and truly wanted to be parents... He went into detail as options available and told us honestly he felt the best option would be embryo adoption given we had started an adoption process just last year. Dr Bayer leads with his heart, and truly feels what his patients are experiencing.
I’ve had little contact with my nurse [at Boston IVF], but each time I do, she checks with Dr Bayer so there is no miscommunication. She through when we do discuss lab results or next steps to ensure I understand how it all works...His consult was $350 and the cost for the day of my embryo transfer is $4400 that includes 1 yr of storage fees at their facility...As a new patient I felt comfortable and knew everyone I had contact with was very helpful and kind. They treat you like a human and not a number or someone that doesn’t fit a mold that some offices feel you should. They are very empathic to your heartbreak. I’m still trying to find a weakness,although I’m sure they have them, my experience has been seamless thus far.
How was your experience with Steven Bayer (retired) at Boston IVF?
Dr Bayer explains in detail what he knew to be our issue with our 2 known miscarriages. He took the time to explain we could try cloned and gave us the odds of it working. He was very understanding how we felt and truly wanted to be parents. When cloned didn’t work, my husband and I chose to keep trying naturally. Over the last 4 years we’ve endure the adoption option which ended in a disaster with information we were told but didn’t happen. We pulled out of the adoption last year. We then saw another fertility specialist closer to home, he didn’t care as to why we were there, he told me to lose 50lbs and call him once I did. He went as far to say, he’s seen shorter and wider do it do I can if I put my mind too it. I lost 23lbs hurt my back in the meantime and was killing myself to lose. Then decided to go back to see Dr Bayer this year. Upon entering his office we had the typical how are you doings, then lead to say it’s been a very long 4+ year journey for you. How have you been doing with this? He went into detail as options available and told us honestly he felt the best option would be embryo adoption given we had started an adoption process just last year. Dr Bayer leads with his heart, and truly feels what his patients are experiencing. Not once but twice he told us he can help us become parents, our life long dream. I left there with tears of joy and a heart that was full of happiness finally. We started the process in February, found embryos in August and are in the process of waiting for cycles to do the transfer. I can’t thank Dr Bayer and his team enough for all they have done. Dr Bayer has reassured me on more than one occasion, helping couples become parents is “what his team and Garrison” does!! He’s excited for us
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Steven Bayer (retired) at Boston IVF?
Any and all questions you ask, he will answer truthfully and honestly. He’s in this profession because he truly cares for his patients. Highly recommend him
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Steven Bayer (retired) at Boston IVF?
He’s do down to earth and feels for the heart break his patients go through
Describe the protocols Steven Bayer (retired) used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
We tried 3 cycles clomid due to being younger and having regular periods at that time. At this time in order to begin the process for my frozen embryo transfer, we have started and finished medications to induce a period. Once that happens I’ll take 2 and 1/2 weeks of estrogen, have an ultrasound and if the uterine lining isn’t thick enough, we’ll increase estrogen and have another ultrasound. If uterine lining is thick enough, I’ll have the transfer scheduled then begin progesterone for 10 weeks there after. Everything needs to be perfect in order for my embryo to attach. There is still a chance of miscarriage
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Amanda D)
I’ve had little contact with my nurse, but each time I do, she checks with Dr Bayer so there is no miscommunication. She through when we do discuss lab results or next steps to ensure I understand how it all works.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Bayer (retired) at Boston IVF.
Dr Bayer is part of my out of nextwork coverage so all bills are paid by me until I reach my deductible. That deductible is very high, so that will not happen. His consult was $350 and the cost for the day of my embryo transfer is $4400 that includes 1 yr of storage fees at their facility.
Describe Steven Bayer (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
We will do a single embryo transfer as soon as my cycle begins with a followed ultrasound. One embryo transfer is best for me and my baby at this time to ensure a happy healthy pregnancy.

2022, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Steven Bayer] is very caring and recognizes the difficulty of what you’re going through but also provides hope with next steps...He is very caring and has a really good bedside manner even over zoom. He provides a lot of hope to you as a patient which I appreciate. He asks about details of your life but also gets all the information about your medical experience thus far
They [Boston IVF] are very organized but you don’t get to know specific people as well. They are open seven days a week which is great and really helpful. They have multiple clinics too which is nice. Everyone is professional and friendly...They are good at being available and getting back to you with questions
How was your experience with Steven Bayer (retired) at Boston IVF?
It is an all in experience but I think that’s typical with infertility
He is very caring and recognizes the difficulty of what you’re going through but also provides hope with next steps
I used letrozole 7.5 to get me ovulating then ovidrwl to trigger egg release
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
They are good at being available and getting back to you with questions
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
They are very organized but you don’t get to know specific people as well. They are open seven days a week which is great and really helpful. They have multiple clinics too which is nice. Everyone is professional and friendly
Nothing has been covered which has been tough

2023, Consult
[Dr. Resetkova] listened to every question my husband and I had, no question was stupid to ask nor did she make me feel bad for asking. She took her time explaining in great detail what her thoughts were, and made sure to use words that my husband and I could understand...After the initial consultation, we were given our next steps which included blood work for both of us, imaging for myself and a semen analysis for my husband...Dr. Resetkova gives me a 110% if not more and as her patient I feel truly grateful to have her as my doctor
They are on top of the voicemail messages [at Boston IVF], they call you back in a timely manner, and the way the phone is set up, it’s very easier for you to get the correct person you need to speak with. However I do wish that sometimes there was a direct line or extension you could use rather then going through all the prompts...Don’t be afraid to call with questions or concerns even if they may seem silly.
How was your experience with Nina Resetkova at Boston IVF?
My very first visit was a telehealth appointment, I was a bit apprehensive about it since we would be discussing in detail my husbands and I medical history and the issues that we have been having trying to conceive. She made us feel so comfortable talking with her, I’ve never had such a good experience before with a doctor (her bedside manner is outstanding). After the initial consultation, we were given our next steps which included blood work for both of us, imaging for myself and a semen analysis for my husband. She had let us know that results could take a little bit to come back, I appreciated (that way I didn’t have expectations on when I would be hearing back) she said it would take around 6 weeks which it did. Around that time is when we met with her for a second time, we discussed our results and what the next steps after that would be. She referred my husband to urologist, who in turn started my husband on a medication to help with his sperm. She sent me for a 3d ultrasound to see if I in fact had a bicornuate uterus, and to my surprise I did not. She called me in a timely manner to go over my results where she told me that would need to have a procedure done and she would be sending a referral over. So that is where I’m at right now in my treatment. So having said alll that, Dr. Resetkova gives me a 110% if not more and as her patient I feel truly grateful to have her as my doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nina Resetkova at Boston IVF?
Don’t be afraid to call with questions or concerns even if they may seem silly.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nina Resetkova at Boston IVF?
She listened to every question my husband and I had, no question was stupid to ask nor did she make me feel bad for asking. She took her time explaining in great detail what her thoughts were, and made sure to use words that my husband and I could understand.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
They are on top of the voicemail messages, they call you back in a timely manner, and the way the phone is set up, it’s very easier for you to get the correct person you need to speak with. However I do wish that sometimes there was a direct line or extension you could use rather then going through all the prompts.
Nina Resetkova
Downtown Boston
IUI With Other Docs
As a patient I had very limited interactions with Dr. Wright. She did call after a cancelled cycle which I thought was appropriate. I did feel like the info structure as a whole was like an “IVF Farm” one in and one out. I had to be persistent if I felt something didn’t seem right...The best description I can give is that all my conversations with her were very transactional. Only when I pushed back or questioned something were changes made. I had to trust my instincts and question everything to have treatment adapted to me and my situation and not cookie cutter.
The nursing staff [at Boston IVF] were very caring. Some days it took a while to call back; however, I feel that may have been more related to the whole system...Cancelled cycle was - 5,500 included retrieval but no transfer. Medication each cycle was 1,700...Strengths - open every day of the week, numerous locations, nursing staff Weaknesses - big clinic feel, you are a number and must advocate for yourself every step of the way if not you fall on the standard protocol which may not best for your body. It’s overwhelming and they move so fast by the time you are back in your car your head is spinning. Ask then to slow down and explain everything in detail. Ask lots of questions.
How was your experience with Kristen Wright at Boston IVF?
As a patient I had very limited interactions with Dr. Wright. She did call after a cancelled cycle which I thought was appropriate. I did feel like the info structure as a whole was like an “IVF Farm” one in and one out. I had to be persistent if I felt something didn’t seem right. While Dr. Wright has done this hundreds of time it was my first time seeking IVF treatment so you have to advocate yourself.
Ask questions. A lot of questions. If the questions come later call and ask them. Don’t wait - this is your body and your potential child.
2 cycles of an antagonist cycle, Gonal-F 300 iu, menapur 150iu - 225iu, then cetrotide for the last few days. Triggered with 10,000iu of HCG.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Marianne)
The nursing staff were very caring. Some days it took a while to call back; however, I feel that may have been more related to the whole system.

2015 - 2017, Successful
She [Dr. Kristen Wright] is a no nonsense type person. Blunt and to the point with recommendations. We don’t feel we need coddling or hand holding as a couple so her approach worked for us. If someone needs a softer touch she may not be the best doctor. After we had a successful transfer her demeanor changed a little and she was lighter, less serious demeanor, happier for us and our situation. I think that is the nature of I fertility though, you can’t be too optimistic Incase it doesn’t work. We hit a few speed bumps and she gave us proper guidance for each step.
One major thing I want to say is the primary nurse [at IVF NE- Lexington] was very kind and helpful when I accidentally froze my injectable medications for the egg retrieval protocol. We had no fertility coverage with insurance so everything was OOP. She contacted the Gonal F rep and they got me samples to replace my medications so I didn’t have to pay over $2,000 again) she even offered to meet my husband to pick up the medication on her drive home since we lived so far away. Through the IVF process she was nice enough and left very brief messages with results/recommendations, but was also pregnant during this process which sadly left a bitter taste in my mouth not knowing if we were going to be successful (she was on maternity leave for the frozen transfer).
How was your experience with Kristen Wright at Boston IVF?
She is a no nonsense type person. Blunt and to the point with recommendations. We don’t feel we need coddling or hand holding as a couple so her approach worked for us. If someone needs a softer touch she may not be the best doctor. After we had a successful transfer her demeanor changed a little and she was lighter, less serious demeanor, happier for us and our situation. I think that is the nature of I fertility though, you can’t be too optimistic Incase it doesn’t work. We hit a few speed bumps and she gave us proper guidance for each step.
Have your questions written down ahead of time if you can. But don’t hesitate to call and ask additional ones that pop up.
Dr Wright always answered any questions we had and spoke to us frankly. We are not people that need coddling or hand holding and her approach was just right for us.
Two procedures: 1) IVF for egg retrieval and 2) embryo transfer. 1) Started Lupron 10 units SQ once daily for 10 days, then decreased to 5 units once daily and started Gonadotrpins: Gonal F 225 units SQ and Menopur 75 units SQ once daily until hCG shot (10 days later). Egg retrieval 2 days after trigger. 13 eggs retrieved, 7 mature and frozen unfertilized. We found out a week or so before retrieval that my husband had zero sperm in his sample that was to be frozen for a back up. As well as zero sperm the day of retrieval. After speaking with Dr. Wright she encouraged us to go ahead with Egg retrieval since we were so far along in the process and fertilize later on. My husband had TESE procedure 2 months after my ER and the froze 10 vials of sperm. We did not to any genetic testing or extra testing on eggs/sperm or embryos. 2) Fresh embryo transfer from frozen gametes (3 months after ER and 1 month after TESE procedure). Treated like a frozen embryo transfer schedule but with the unpredictability of transfer date like a fresh cycle. Started Aspirin 81mg and estrogen patches (I get migraines and can’t be on Estrace pills) and continued this until pregnancy test. Started Progesterone 25mg IM once daily day 15 and increase to 50mg IM daily until after positive pregnancy test and ultrasounds. Day 17 transfer of two embryos. Gametes thawed, 4 eggs survived the thaw and fertilized, 2 arrested day 1, 2 remained and were transferred as a Day 2/3 transfer to Give them the best chance at growing. Our original protocol was to transfer one embryo due to our low risk factors and age. The on call doctor made the decision to transfer both in order to give us the best chance to get pregnant, we agreed with their recommendation. Transferred a -2c and a 5b embryo. Both stuck and resulted in live (C-section) birth of B/G twins.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Corey, RN)
One major thing I want to say is the primary nurse was very kind and helpful when I accidentally froze my injectable medications for the egg retrieval protocol. We had no fertility coverage with insurance so everything was OOP. She contacted the Gonal F rep and they got me samples to replace my medications so I didn’t have to pay over $2,000 again) she even offered to meet my husband to pick up the medication on her drive home since we lived so far away. Through the IVF process she was nice enough and left very brief messages with results/recommendations, but was also pregnant during this process which sadly left a bitter taste in my mouth not knowing if we were going to be successful (she was on maternity leave for the frozen transfer). This was no fault of hers, just a very delicate situation dealing with infertility emotions. The phlebotomist Brenda Connolly was AMAZING. I shed many tears and asked her many questions in which she showed so much compassion, support and guidance. I personally have a hard time with gynecology visits and it’s has been something very stressful and anxiety ridden for years. So when I was informed the ultrasounds would be internal starting with day 1, I had a very anxious emotional reaction. The one ultrasound nurse (only saw her twice) was more irritated and put off that I was shocked about the ultrasound not being external. I was not informed of this prior to the appointment. After holding it together for the ultrasound I let my emotions out to Brenda who was ever so kind and I believe she spoke to the ultrasound nurse about it since her demeanor changed the only other time I saw her. Once I was completely informed and there were no new surprises I did much better with the whole process.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
IVFNE was in the process of merging with Boston IVF which made things more complicated with billing more than anything. But I had a very good experience with all of the doctors I dealt with from IVFNE including the doctor that did my retrieval and embryo transfer. They are definitely a well oiled machine and know what they are doing. I didn’t feel like a number, I felt like I was being taken care of by professionals that knew what to do and did it efficiently.
Medications were completely out of pocket. They were phoned into a local compounding pharmacy that has dedicated staff to help answer any questions about fertility medication. 1) IVF for egg retrieval: Leuprolide $249 Gonal F $2,142 Menopur $972 Pregnyl (hCG) $92 Crinone $572.46 (did not use due to no fertilization at egg retrieval and non-returnable) Rx fees $16.94 Total for cycle $4,044.40 2) embryo transfer Estrogen patches $409.21 Progesterone injectable $79.85 Total cycle cost $489.06

2021 - 2022, Successful
LGBTQ+
I only have positive things to say about my experience with Dr. Seidler. It can be scary navigating the medical system as a queer person but Dr. Seidler made my partner and I feel comfortable...I felt comfortable asking her questions and left appointments feeling good about next steps. It was also helpful knowing I could ask nurses questions and Dr. Seidler would get an answer to them very quickly.
Boston IVF is well organized and I had a very positive experience overall. It felt intimidating at first coming to this clinic as a queer person but everyone I interacted with was great. A weakness is that storing sperm and embryos is a separate fee and very expensive...All of the nurses I worked with were incredible. They always got back to me quickly and were compassionate when I was going through a miscarriage.
How was your experience with Emily Seidler at Boston IVF?
My experience was extremely positive. I felt comfortable asking her questions and left appointments feeling good about next steps. It was also helpful knowing I could ask nurses questions and Dr. Seidler would get an answer to them very quickly.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Emily Seidler at Boston IVF?
I would say to bring questions to appointments because she will make time to go over everything.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Emily Seidler at Boston IVF?
I only have positive things to say about my experience with Dr. Seidler. It can be scary navigating the medical system as a queer person but Dr. Seidler made my partner and I feel comfortable and we had a great experience with Boston IVF in general. I felt prepared going through my treatment and felt that I knew what to expect. Dr. Seidler was also incredibly kind and helpful while I was experiencing a miscarriage.
Describe the protocols Emily Seidler used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
I don't remember specific details unfortunately. I did one egg retrieval and ended up with 37 eggs, 12 embryos, 7 euploid embryos, and my first embryo transfer was successful.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Emily Seidler at Boston IVF.
My insurance covered everything except donor sperm, PGT testing ($5000 (depends on number of embryos)), and storage which is $110 per month for embryos, and $110 for sperm

2022, Successful
Dr. Seidler really cares. She never made me feel rushed or disregarded. She listened to and answered every question my husband and I had. She also brought levity to a stressful subject and helped me to feel calmer and more optimistic about what feels like a daunting process...Used an antagonist method for IVF b/c of PCOS diagnosis and a freeze all cycle to avoid OHSS. We then proceeded with eSET based on our ages and the Dr.’s recommendations...
Boston IVF is a well oiled machine. I was able to get treatment 24/7 365 and someone was always available to answer questions. It feels like a state of the art institution which was comforting for us. However if you want to guarantee your doctor will perform your procedures this may not be the place for you. Nonetheless, every doctor I encountered was so kind and I truly felt comfortable with and cared for by all of them...I had two primary nurses (both named Nikki) who were excellent. They were communicative, helpful, and so kind. They really rooted for us during the highs and the lows...
How was your experience with Emily Seidler at Boston IVF?
Dr. Seidler and her team were amazing. They felt like friends that were rooting for me and I came to really trust and care about them. They understood my concerns and made me feel comfortable reaching out any day / time. And I always received a response within 24 hours (oftentimes just an hour or two later).
Don’t be afraid to open up and ask the questions that feel “stupid.” Dr. Seidler will make you feel heard no matter what.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Nikki )
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Emily Seidler at Boston IVF.
Nearly all of our costs were covered by insurance!
Describe Emily Seidler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
eSET was ultimately the right choice for us! It was hard to be patient but ultimately happy to be pregnant with one singleton.
Lexington Fertility Center
Dr Pauli was always really attentive and informed whenever we met with him. He explained every detail and possibility for us. Sometimes, he would call me after hours to update me on results or if I was having an issue with the clinic...[he] is incredibly generous with his time and knowledge and making us feel like we're moving forward
The doctors [at Boston IVF] are great. If your IVF is pretty straight forward, then I'm sure you'll have no issues going through the process, but do not expect the nurses or the clinicians to know your case or even glance at it before they call you for anything other than routine med calls during your cycle...I went two months without a period and no one wondered where I was or what my status was, so you absolutely have to be your own advocate otherwise, you won't make a jot of progress.
How was your experience with Samuel Pauli at Boston IVF?
Dr Paul is incredibly generous with his time and knowledge and making us feel like we're moving forward. He was recommended to us by my OB-GYN because of his compassion and his expertise which are not exaggerated.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Samuel Pauli at Boston IVF?
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Boston IVF.
The nursing staff at Boston IVF are the gatekeepers to your doctor. Every time you ask a question about some element of your treatment, you get the stock answer. Do not expect anyone to be familiar with your file or listen when you explain to them that you have x issue, they are not intimately familiar with your case nor do they care. They're used to straightforward IVF procedures, not nuance.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
This place is an actual disaster. The doctors are great. If your IVF is pretty straight forward, then I'm sure you'll have no issues going through the process, but do not expect the nurses or the clinicians to know your case or even glance at it before they call you for anything other than routine med calls during your cycle. Insurance is an actual disaster and you need to stay on them because you'll lose serious time with oversights. (Example: For me, they wasted two months trying to file my medications with a prescription that doesn't work with my insurance and insisting that I was wrong and telling me to call. No.) Their delays will cost you, for me, it meant three surgeries, one that I wouldn't have required had they been competent. Some of this competency is due to their insurance and authorization people being understaffed and clearly uninformed or unfamiliar. Finally, they basically leave you to manage your own care. No one is holding your hand through this or keeping-up with you. I went two months without a period and no one wondered where I was or what my status was, so you absolutely have to be your own advocate otherwise, you won't make a jot of progress.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Samuel Pauli at Boston IVF.
$3000
What specific things went wrong at Boston IVF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Boston IVF.
They called my prescriptions in to the wrong pharmacy, a pharmacy not even ASSOCIATED with my insurance. For six weeks I waited for pre-authorizations which were not received. I was told to call the pharmacy and they said they never received the authorizations. It was clear that no one at Boston IVF knew what they were doing and the nursing team was tasked with spending six hours on the phone to figure this out instead of the insurance or billing people. I have had multiple delays due to Covid-19, clerical errors that resulted in additional surgeries, and additional stressors. The lack of attention to your record is a huge issue with the assumption that all patients are simply impatient.
Samuel Pauli