5.8

6.7

4.7
4.7
LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

Albany
Daytona
1890 LPGA Blvd., Suite 160
Daytona, FL 32117
Daytona South
769 North Clyde Morris Blvd.
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
Ocala, FL 34471
70 W. Gore St., Suite 202
Orlando, FL 32806
Tallahassee
1405 Centerville Rd., Suit 4200 Dogwood Bldg.
Tallahassee, FL 32308
Winter Garden/ Stoneybrook
2200 Fowler Grove Blvd., Suite 260
Winter Garden, FL 34787

2022 - 2023, Unsuccessful
Dr. Brown couldn't even fake remembering us during our 2 failed FET transfers by just quickly looking at the chart for reference. After nearly 9 months of being a patient...convey no emotional support or empathy and do not care about success for you- only about taking your business...And god forbid you have a failed transfer or any negative outcome- you won’t be in touch with your physician, a random nurse will give you your fate and it’s in your hands to decide the next step
Dr. Brown and his office [Brown Fertility] are beyond poorly run, convey no emotional support or empathy and do not care about success for you- only about taking your business. Read the CDC success rates and see for yourself, they do not advertise the truth and I hope this can help prevent someone from wasting their time, money and soul at this clinic...The nursing staff is limited. I will say there were a few during my experience there that did attempt to care and try to lead me in the right direction and followed up with me when I reached out, I am unsure if they are still employed there however I’m sure they have at least looked into working somewhere that they will be around more competent providers. Aside from those 2 the rest are constantly new with people leaving and there’s no consistency.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
I’d like to prelude this to say I’m a Nurse practitioner and my husband is a physician, so this review is coming from a place of two people who practice medicine currently and deal with the patient communication as well as staying up-to-date on latest evidence-based practice for our jobs daily, this is in no way coming from an ignorant perspective about how patient care works behind the scenes. I'm 29 years old and we deal with male factor infertility, so in theory this facility told me the IVF process should be a straight forward fix. I realize now if you are young and in such a situation they will do zero investigation into other factors and essentially just follow their own not evidence based protocols, change them during course depending on the doc that shows up at your visit, (of course while taking your cash) until something just by chance works and repeat randomly until it does. Not only that, even the competent physicians here like Dr. Waldman you may initially consult with will not in any way be following up with you, you will see different physicians every time for every procedure, they will change your plans and protocols constantly. And god forbid you have a failed transfer or any negative outcome- you won’t be in touch with your physician, a random nurse will give you your fate and it’s in your hands to decide the next step. Truly I emphasize to anyone considering starting treatment here to research and reconsider. Having moved on to an amazing clinic with physicians that care and you consistently see and that are there to ensure you have the best outcomes and troubleshooting after a failure to strive again for success. Dr. Brown and his office are beyond poorly run, convey no emotional support or empathy and do not care about success for you- only about taking your business. Read the CDC success rates and see for yourself, they do not advertise the truth and I hope this can help prevent someone from wasting their time, money and soul at this clinic.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Research- read these reviews and look at CDC IVF success rates as they are accurate and truly reflect this clinics low success. Having now moved on to a clinic in a bigger city with higher reported to the CDC success rates, insanely good customer service and only the latest evidence based medicine practices do I realize how absolutely horrible Brown fertility really is. Even as healthcare providers, we were fooled by their overly confident attitude during consultation we had, trusting their expertise and being failed as patients and human beings by them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr. Brown couldn't even fake remembering us during our 2 failed FET transfers by just quickly looking at the chart for reference. After nearly 9 months of being a patient at their facility by the way.
Describe the protocols Samuel Brown used in your cycles at Brown Fertility and their degree of success.
Consulted for IVF with Dr. Waldman (who I believe should absolutely run for his life from this place) being im under 30 and it’s male factor was advised how breezy this was supposed to be. During my IVF egg retrieval process I saw a different provider every visit until the actual retrieval. Had Dr. Brown change my trigger protocol the day before, later realizing this was not evidence based decision making. Then I was told to have a fresh transfer vs. frozen which aside from certain circumstances is no longer recommended as the most successful means of embryo transfer and also limit how many eggs they can harvest during the retrieval. I gave the nurse I spoke to credit because she did inform me of this and was surprised that they were trying to push a fresh transfer on me but of course I figured I would trust the physician. So they took 14 eggs, six or seven fertilized and only three made it to five day blastocysts. Being under 30 they don’t say it’s Necessary to genetically test the embryos however having gone through such a heart ache and three embryo transfers and talking with my new RE specialist, I realize regardless of the age of reason it is worth putting aside the money or taking out whatever is needed in order to obtain those genetic results so that you can fully understand what you were going to have transferred into you and the true likelihood of success. I was told I would be mailed paperwork on the embryos that reflected their grades and was only given the grading on the day of my transfers on a piece of paper and told by Dr. Brown, who happened to be the one there on the days of both my transfers, that they were “perfect embryos .“ After transferring our last embryo to a new clinic I discovered that was never true. The fresh transfer failed with the “best embryo.” No physician reached out to me after, I had to beg these people to schedule me a consult for a frozen transfer of our second embryo. One of the biggest things that I am just so heartbroken and angry about include during my second transfer Dr. Brown having trouble getting through to my cervix, rather than be prepared for an obstacle before sending the embryo through the catheter he had already begun transferring the embryo before even entering my uterus, having to send the embryo back through the catheter to the embryologist before getting a metal style catheter to get into my uterus. In the moment I was very shocked and scared that this would have damage the embryo and after telling the story to my new RE the shock on her face that he had done that I realize I am confident that altered the embryo and thus the success. Not only that but after reviewing my records from this clinic she was surprised that he did not chart or document any of what occurred during that transfer about having to change plans in order to get through my cervix so that no other physician or person the future would be prepared or informed of this. This transfer was of course a failure as well. Prior to having all of my records and specimen sent to a new and competent facility, I attempted to have a consultation about why I have sustained two failures. Their suggestion was changing the transfer day 24 hours later, adding an extra day of progesterone. Nobody had discussed with me that this was blindly guessing that my uterine lining was not receptive on the initial day and that it may be after 24 hours of additional progesterone. No one mentioned or discussed the option to do an ERA procedure which essentially test the receptivity, I went and had this done at the clinic I transfer to which confirmed that I was receptive on the original day I had been exposed to progesterone and so had I blindly agreed to their plan it would have ensured a failure.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
This clinic will hold you hostage to a schedule they create for you with dates and times and tell you it has all been calculated precisely due to their “busy” schedule, but let me inform you, competent clinics like the one I have switched Rob can revolve these things around YOUR schedule, thats one of the actual positive things about doing a controlled process like this, if you have to work or have plans then I have learned they can modify by days or hours if need me to accommodate YOU, which is part of what you should be paying for. That is one of the few plus sides to having to do this process- it’s all controlled for the most part and should be as convenient as it can be on your behalf. Aside from the clinical errors, they LOST my down deposit for the last transfer and did not even respond via telephone or email for 3 weeks, at first trying to blame me for not following up but after confronting them with all of my screen shots of dates and receipts ultimately apologizing for their financial dept. error. This all was a result of poor communication between nursing staff and the other clinic departments that have no consistent means of monitoring phone or email communications from patients or communicating with each other. Read the CDC success stats, get second opinions, talk to other RE specialists before wasting your time, money, energy and emotion into this incompetent place.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility.
As I mentioned earlier in my review, they lost my 500$ for several weeks and poorly manage the financial department. In comparison to other clinics that have significantly higher success rates reported by the CDC and that have significantly more evidence-based practicing physicians that are empathetic and caring with office staff that actually respond to you immediately and almost no wait times (which ladies is part of what you pay for with this service you deserve all of that and more when it’s a cash run business) I would say that their prices were not really any cheaper than the significantly better clinics that I later looked into.
Describe Samuel Brown's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Brown Fertility.
These people don’t give an actual inkling of care to how many embryos you transfer at any point. Each time I had a transfer the days before the procedure I was asked by nurses not even the physicians how many I wanted transferred and asked what they recommend and was told “it’s whatever I want.”
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brown Fertility.
Hopefully my review outlines all the details enough to help anyone else on here reading reviews move on to a place they will likely have success at.

2022 - 2023, Unsuccessful
Dr. Brown is very confident in his ability to get patients pregnant and went so far as to tell me on my first consultation "You'll get pregnant in no time". I'm now at three failures over a year later. I've seen him twice, the first consultation and then again after my first transfer which resulted in a chemical pregnancy. He was nice about it but I haven't had another discussion with him since on how to change my protocols. He also did not want to provide me with my embryo grading report stating that it made no difference in conceiving. However, that should be my choice as a patient.
The communication with [Brown Fertility] patients is atrocious. There is no "personalized" care as their recording would lead you to believe. You have to wait long periods after your scheduled appointment and many times I've been told "we're backed up"...While the nurses are nice, it seems you are only a priority while actively going through a cycle. Coverage for absences is not consistent, nor is follow up with requests to other departments (ie scheduling consults, etc).
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Be explicit in advocating for yourself, what information you want from them, and how to be treated.
I am writing this review after 2 failed IUIs and 1 chemical pregnancy after IVF fresh transfer trying to conceive as a single mother by choice. While I understand infertility is highly variable from patient to patient, the basis of my poor experience has more to do with the utter lack of patient care. The recording you listen to while on hold says “personalized patient care” yet I rarely saw the same person for my ultrasound appointments, IUI procedures, or retrievals, least of all the actual physician meant to be treating me. This year after my first failed IVF, I had to wait to acquire funds for another attempt since I was now paying out of pocket after maxing out my insurance fertility benefits. I put up over $13,000 to Dr. Brown’s clinic for a retrieval, not including medications (another $3500). At the start of this cycle I did the normal lab work for baseline. I was advised I had a high thyroid TSH level of 11 and was immediately prescribed levothyroxine and given a referral to an endocrinologist. Because I was a new patient for the endo, I had to wait for the first available which was almost two months, and ended up being the same week as my retrieval. In the meantime, I had a second set of labs to check my thyroid for Dr. Brown and they came back at a level of 8. At no point throughout this process did I get any information as to why thyroid levels are so important, nor was I advised to postpone fertility treatments. Upon meeting with the endocrinologist, it was explained that the most optimal thyroid level for conception is 2.5 or less. The doctor said I should postpone a transfer until I get to that level. By this point, I was already through my medications and waiting for my retrieval appt. I reached out to the IVF nurse email group. The nurse said she spoke to Dr. Brown and was told he didn’t think it was necessary to delay a transfer but would do so at my request. I then asked for a call from the doctor so I could discuss in more detail what all this means, the decision to change to a frozen transfer, etc. I got no reply. I went to my retrieval appt, and still was not being given the information I was asking for so I had to explain I wanted to speak to the doctor before my procedure. Yet again a different doctor than I’ve dealt with, however, she wholeheartedly agreed with my endocrinologist that I should wait for my TSH to decrease substantially. Not only does the clinic choose to ignore the advice of the physicians they refer their patients to, but within their own clinic physicians are giving conflicting medical advice. And now that I’d be forced to complete a frozen transfer, I would have to pay an additional $1500 for “conversion”. Why would I pay for a conversion when it’s not a flippant choice and the conflicting argument between medical providers that cannot be trusted? By this time, I was so frustrated with receiving poor quality of care and communication I asked to speak with a manager. The communication between offices and departments is appalling. It was explained to me that I did not receive a response to my request for a consult before the retrieval due to my assigned nurse being on PTO. The email address goes to all the nurses so clearly there is no adequate coverage to respond to patients in a timely manner. I learned to verify my appts in triplicate since two occasions I was told to go to one office when I set my appt but it ended up being in the other. I submitted a request to the medical records department twice without receiving so much as a confirmation of receipt. By calling to check status I was advised there was a form I needed to complete. I did that and sent it and still have yet to receive anything back. I spoke with the manager Denise who continued to say thyroid levels don’t matter and I was referred just to get them managed by another physician. Seeing how volatile the infertility process can be and how hormones play such a vital role in conception, I would expect medical professionals to agree on getting a patient into the MOST optimal state before moving forward with treatment. My second retrieval was an epic failure having retrieved 3 eggs, none of which survived. Luckily, I have one in storage from my earlier retrieval. Because I still feel the need to pursue this journey, I moved forward with having a FET training only to be called 15 minutes ahead of my appt to say my appt was no longer needed. When I said #1 I’m already on my way to your office for my appt in 15 minutes, but it should be my decision on whether or not my appts are necessary. I was told it was because I had no embryos. Again, a complete failure on the office’s part to read my chart and see that I had an embryo in storage. I was told I could keep the appt after they confirmed. During my cycle, I had to “borrow” meds because I was short one injection and couldn’t get a delivery until the next day. During the same FET education appt I tried to return the meds and sat in the office listening to at least three nurses say they had NO records of me borrowing medication. I still had to leave it there for fear of getting a bill for the full cost of the meds. Concerning that a medication that costs upwards of $2-3000 per pen would be so poorly documented. Oh let’s not fail to mention overhearing a nurse complaining about a patient not following medical advice ending with “people are so dumb” within earshot of the waiting room. Aside from all this, the office just practices poor management of such mundane things as HIPAA, having patients’ blood samples, and having patient names scrawled on test tubes sitting directly across from where vitals are taken. I’m beyond my limit in dealing with such horrible practices and now out more than $16,000 (of which Brown prices are considerably higher than other clinics), can’t afford any more treatment, and no one wants to give me a straight answer or return my calls/emails. This office needs a serious management overhaul and to do better. This process isn’t easy just having your own body work against you, the last thing we need is suboptimal care and medical advice.
Typical protocol, gonal-f, cetrotide, low-dose HCG.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Chelsea and Sarah)
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
The communication with patients is atrocious. There is no "personalized" care as their recording would lead you to believe. You have to wait long periods after your scheduled appointment and many times I've been told "we're backed up".
My insurance benefit was for $25,000 lifetime and was maxed out after two IUIs and one IVF cycle. I paid well over $13,000 to the office out of pocket between the cost of third-party anesthesia for two retrievals and the cost of my second retrieval. I'm not sure how much was spent on office visits for the IUIs.
LGBTQ+
Doctor Duffy is very experienced and knowledgeable and always made me feel confident and comfortable with all procedures and information received by him. Always gave many options to choose from which I really appreciated...Duffy was very thorough with explaining the potential risks that comes with but also supportive of our decision...I did 4 rounds of IUI with 2 rounds using clomid and 2 using letrozole
The clinic [Brown Fertility] in itself struggles with their staff sometimes resulting in a lot of aggravation. Unorganized lack of communication. I would say their strengths are that they are friendly, they have a good success rate in the office, and they are LGBTQ friendly...Sometimes I felt unrecognized by the staff and felt like things were being rushed through and over looked...Nursing staff changes very frequently.
How was your experience with Daniel Duffy at Brown Fertility?
Doctor Duffy is very experienced and knowledgeable and always made me feel confident and comfortable with all procedures and information received by him. Always gave many options to choose from which I really appreciated. Our next round of IVF we plan to transfer two embryos and Duffy was very thorough with explaining the potential risks that comes with but also supportive of our decision.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Duffy at Brown Fertility?
He is extremely knowledgeable but always ask questions and have them ready.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Duffy at Brown Fertility?
Describe the protocols Daniel Duffy used in your cycles at Brown Fertility and their degree of success.
I did 4 rounds of IUI with 2 rounds using clomid and 2 using letrozole. Used trigger shot for all rounds, can’t remember the name. Low dosage for first two rounds and the doubled the last two rounds. I overstimulated once on clomid which resulted in a cancelled IUI procedure. He used these treatments to help ovulate and grow my follicles. Each time that did happen.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brown Fertility.
Nursing staff changes very frequently. Seem very unorganized and do not communicate well with each other.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
Overall, we love our doctor and feel very comfortable with him. The clinic in itself struggles with their staff sometimes resulting in a lot of aggravation. Unorganized lack of communication. I would say their strengths are that they are friendly, they have a good success rate in the office, and they are LGBTQ friendly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Duffy at Brown Fertility.
Each iui procedure cost us $1,500 with medications $2,500. First Ivf $17,000 with medication. 2nd IVF (currently just starting) $4,995 without medication included. Additional cost of donor sperm being $1,100 each vial, about $400 each cycle for shipping of the sperm.
Describe Daniel Duffy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Brown Fertility.
Yes, Duffy leaves it to our discretion but thoroughly expresses the risks that come with that decision. I would like to add that decision was left to us after so many failed prior treatments.
How competent was Brown Fertility at LGBTQ+ care?
Yes they were very respectful and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience using 3rd party reproduction (donor eggs, donor sperm, or gestational carrier) at Brown Fertility.
We used Fairfax as our sperm bank. Once we got a date for transfers we called Fairfax and had the tank delivered to the dr office. Everything went very smoothly.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brown Fertility.
After failed ivf the clinic did not call me to tell me if my pregnancy test was positive or negative. I had to call the office multiple times asking and finally got a call as the office was closing. Also one point doing iui a nurse failed to call in a prescription and I had to call the office multiple times reminding them to do so.
Daniel Duffy

Donor Eggs With Other Docs
DR BROWN WAS PLEASANT, THOUGHTFUL AND CARING. HE WAS VERY THOROUGH WITH A TREATMENT PLAN AND DID A VERY DETAILED PANEL ON ME AND MY SPOUSE. I LOVED HIS SENSE OF URGENCY. I OFTEN FELT AS IF HE WAS TOO BUSYAND SO MY CASE WAS NOT IMPORTANT...IN MY INITIAL VISIT I FELT LIKE A HUMAN BUT AFTER DECIDING TO DO THE TREATMENT I FELT MORE LIKE A NUMBER. I FELT AS IF I WAS NOT IMPORTANT.
[Brown Fertility] STRENGTH: GREAT ATMOSPHERE, AND GOOD DOCTORS. WEAKNESSESS: THEY NEED TO BE MORE ORGANIZED AND TREAT PEOPLE WITH MORE COMPASSION. AT TIMES THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS POOR. WHILE THEY HAD GOOD DOCTORS, THEY ALSO HAVE A DOCTOR WHO DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO DELIVER BAD NEWS TO PATIENTS. THEY NEED TO TREAT PATIENTS A LITTLE BETTER.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
I WOULD ADVICE THEM TO RESEARCH MORE FACILITIES BEFORE COMMITTING TO ONE DOCTOR. MAINLY BECAUSE I DID NOT FEEL IMPORTANT THERE.
MY CYCLE WAS IVF WITH DONOR EGGS. HE SAID MY AMH WAS LOW SO RETRIEVING MY EGGS WAS GOING TO BE CHALLENGING.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: THAYANE)
I FELT LIKE SHE IS JUST DOING HER JOB, THERE WERE TIMES WHEN I FELT FORGOTTEN AND HAD TO CALL THEM SEVERAL TIMES TO GET A RESPONSE. THEY COMMUNICATE MOSTLY THROUGH EMAIL SO YOU DON"T FEEL THAT CONNECTION. I JUST GOT THE FEELING LIKE THEY HAD MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO DO THAN LOOK AFTER MY FAMILY.
IT WS VERY EXPENSIVE, I GOT FINANCING WITH ARC
HE SAID DOING AA SINGLE CYCLE WAS BEST.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brown Fertility.
THE FINAL THING WAS TWO DAYS PRIOR TO THE TRANSFER I WAS TOLD TO STOP TAKING THE MEDICATION BECAUSE THE EMBRYOS DID NOT FERTILIZE. I HAD TO WAIT THREE MONTHS FOR AN APPOINTMENT TO FIGURE OUT WHAT HAPPENED. I DID NOT APPRECIATE THAT ONE BIT. I WISH I HAD MORE ANSWERS.

2022 - 2023, Unsuccessful
None of my questions or concerns were addressed [by Dr. Samuel Brown]. I had to call in multiple times to request a follow up appointment after failed transfer. When I finally got an appointment, I was told they did me a favor by transferring two embryos. And was told I could try again because it’s free (meaning mostly covered by insurance)...do not communicate and will ignore any questions and concerns
I don’t feel this clinic [Brown Fertility] has any strengths. This clinic is not concerned about their patients. They do not communicate and will ignore any questions and concerns. I would not recommend this place to anyone...They billed me for things that were covered by my insurance. When asked about it they issued a refund...Friendly [nursing staff] but did not answer questions or address concerns
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
None of my questions or concerns were addressed. I had to call in multiple times to request a follow up appointment after failed transfer. When I finally got an appointment, I was told they did me a favor by transferring two embryos. And was told I could try again because it’s free (meaning mostly covered by insurance). I was so discussed that I transferred to a different clinic. And brown took forever to transfer my embryos.
Don’t do it.
Focus was more on what my insurance covered than what was best for me
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brown Fertility.
Friendly but did not answer questions or address concerns
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
I don’t feel this clinic has any strengths. This clinic is not concerned about their patients. They do not communicate and will ignore any questions and concerns. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

2023, Unsuccessful
IUI With Other Docs
Donor Sperm With Other Docs
LGBTQ+
the doctor [Dr. Samuel Brown] told me “ if you don’t want to be here , we don’t want you here “ because i did not trust to have my embryos stored at this clinic for an extra $875 for90 days & instead wanted them destroyed.. They are extremely insensitive to how hard of a choice that would be for me...this was our very first time trying to start our family & it has been an absolute traumatic nightmare
they [Brown Fertility] expect you to be able to pull thousands of dollars out of thin air w.o considering that some families would like to be financially prepared for this process. They don’t answer their phones , you’ll have to visit the office if you want an answer & even then you’ll be told “ someone will email you or call you as soon as possible “ and they NEVRR will...Everything ended up going horribly wrong here at this clinic. I would not recommend anyone going here for IVF treatments
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
If it was up to me i would have given this godforsaken fertility clinic 0 stars, but i have to put something in order to leave this review. IF you are an african american couple , Hispanic couple , LGBT , or ANY form of a minority then PLEASE whatever you do avoid this fertility clinic at ALL costs for IVF procedures & if you still decide to use them, PLEASE READ ALL YOUR CONTRACTS THOROUGHLY BEFORE SIGNING . they do NOT treat you equally , they do NOT communicate efficiently & quite frankly they will treat you as if you are just another “ number “ to them… there is absolutely 0 compassion , 0 respect just greed for your money.. My fiancé and I have been trying to undergo this process since November of 2022 , they have told me way too late of certain tests that needed to be done, emailed me back contracts that should have been signed WEEKS before they sent them to us, but made ABSOLUTELY sure to contact me if there was something else i’d need to pay for before we can take another step in this process.. they expect you to be able to pull thousands of dollars out of thin air w.o considering that some families would like to be financially prepared for this process. They don’t answer their phones , you’ll have to visit the office if you want an answer & even then you’ll be told “ someone will email you or call you as soon as possible “ and they NEVRR will.. they tried to overcharge us for lab fee’s that were already paid for by insurance & out of pocket, & when my fiancé pointed that out to their operations manager, we were given a run around.. the doctor called my personal cell phone in a condescending manner & told me “ if i didn’t want to be here , they don’t want me here anyways “ ALL BECAUSE I DIDN’T TRUST TO HAVE MY EMBRYOS STORED WITH THEM & WANTED TO HAVE THEM DESTROYED which was already a VERY tough decision for me to make morally.. They are greedy & money hungry people, this was our very first time trying to start our family & it has been an absolute traumatic nightmare.. i would NOT recommend anyone using their services..
don’t go to this clinic .
i don’t .
How competent was Samuel Brown at LGBTQ+ care?
no, they were not. i fact, they were actually oblivious to the fact that my wife & i can not naturally conceive a child together & instead need their assistance to make it happen. they cared more about our money
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brown Fertility.
the nurses themselves do not care about getting you seen on time, the only thing they care about is that they receive a paycheck from this clinic on time. they were extremely rude , never answer the phones? lose patient information quite frequently & don’t even communicate with eachother
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
Out of pocket, i paid roughly $1618 for my IVF alongside what my insurance covered. I signed cost sheets for this amount & would have had to pay $450 for anesthesia ( which i found out later on was supposed to be covered by my insurance, Brown fertility tried to overcharge me )
i don’t. .
How competent was Brown Fertility at LGBTQ+ care?
No, they were not. after the hell they put me through , the doctor told me “ if you don’t want to be here , we don’t want you here “ because i did not trust to have my embryos stored at this clinic for an extra $875 for90 days & instead wanted them destroyed.. They are extremely insensitive to how hard of a choice that would be for me.
We chose to use Xytex for our sperm bank & during our 1 round of iui that we did with Dr. Christina Camacho ( who is AMAZING ) & the sperm got to the facility safety.. i did not get pregnant, however i did question wether brown fertility gave me the correct sperm & wether it was viable or not.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brown Fertility.
Everything ended up going horribly wrong here at this clinic. I would not recommend anyone going here for IVF treatments, however if you do decide to do IUI treatments, Dr.Camacho is Amazing to work with.

2023, Unsuccessful
I first saw Dr. Brown my cysts were relatively small, so he shared surgery would not be needed and insisted I did 3 IUI's and if that did not work, go to IVF...not fully being treated for my endometriosis, my cysts continued to grow, and went from 2 & 3 centimeters to 6 & 9...he was shocked to hear how large my cysts were, and shared that I would probably need surgery
One glaring weakness is the clinic's [Brown Fertility] lack of regard for your health...heir billing department and they way the bill things...got random bills for 6 months without an explanation...did not speak to the nurses very much, but overall they were dismissive and did not seem to listen.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
I was referred to Dr. Brown by my gynecologist because I had two cysts on my ovaries. My gynecologist insisted Dr. Brown would know how to help me, as my husband and I were trying to conceive at the time. When I first saw Dr. Brown my cysts were relatively small, so he shared surgery would not be needed and insisted I did 3 IUI's and if that did not work, go to IVF. I did all the normal stuff, checked my tubes, got an ultrasound, followed what Dr. Brown was saying, but during this time, because I was not fully being treated for my endometriosis, my cysts continued to grow, and went from 2 & 3 centimeters to 6 & 9. My pain continued to increase, and I even called Dr. Brown's office to share this and asked to speak to a Doctor and I was directed to a nurse who said to take Advil. Even after all of this, I continued with their recommendations and was scheduled to do my first IUI, mind you, I had only talked to Dr. Brown personally, two times by now. I had the ultrasound before my IUI and this is when they discovered how large my cysts have become, I was very worried with the size and did not think they would allow me to go through with IUI, little did I know, because they called me and said I was good to go with the IUI. I was shocked to hear this, and asked them to double check because of my cysts, but they said their nurses said I was good to move forward. Not once did I hear from Dr. Brown before my IUI. I went ahead with the IUI, which was incredibly painful, and it did not produce a positive result, I did not think it would. After this, I called their office because they wanted me to try the IUI again and I realized this office was not taking my health seriously. I called to schedule an actual call with Dr. Brown, which took 1 month to schedule. I had the call with Dr. Brown and he was shocked to hear how large my cysts were, and shared that I would probably need surgery. I was angry and confused because I was told he knew about my cysts, but obviously he did not, nor did he care. After this phone call, I knew I was done with Dr. Brown.
If you have endometriosis, find a new doctor.
I never felt like a human while under the care of Dr. Brown, on our first consultation after sharing about my symptoms, Dr. Brown insisted on IVF. He was very to the point, and I never felt like he truly cared about my health or listened to what I was actually going through.
Dr. Brown told me we would do "the simple stuff", then go to IVF. The "simple stuff" was 3 IUIs and fertility medication, but he shared this would probably not work for me and IVF was my best bet in getting pregnant.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brown Fertility.
I did not speak to the nurses very much, but overall they were dismissive and did not seem to listen.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
One glaring weakness is the clinic's lack of regard for your health. When a fertility clinic fails to prioritize your well-being, it undermines the very foundation of the delicate process you're embarking on. Your health should be at the forefront, and any clinic neglecting that crucial aspect is certainly falling short. Another weakness is their billing department and they way the bill things, I felt like I got random bills for 6 months without an explanation, and don't bother calling the billing department, they will not pick up. Maybe a strength could be, they had a nice, clean office.
The costs were too expensive, it was close to $200 to talk to Dr. Brown for a 15 minute conversation. The one and pointless IUI costs me over $600.
2021 - 2023, Successful
Dr. Brown provided me with great care, but I felt as times that my care was not tailored to me and I wish that I had one more monitoring appointment before the trigger injection for egg retrieval. Dr. Brown is very passionate and actually performed my transfer and explained all details. Also, I got pregnant with my first transfer...Dr. Brown is very knowledgeable and will change protocol to fit your individual needs. Also, there are 2 locations in my area, so I always able to get an appointment when needed. You have to be calm and follow the protocol to get your desired results.
The [Brown Fertility] nursing was great and always answered my questions in a timely manner...Dr. Brown is very knowledgeable and will change protocol to fit your individual needs. Also, there are 2 locations in my area, so I always able to get an appointment when needed. You have to be calm and follow the protocol to get your desired results...All of my questions were answered by Dr. Brown or his staff
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Ask your doctor questions, instead of google/reddit.
All of my questions were answered by Dr. Brown or his staff
Birth control pills, gonal f- 250 and increased to 300, orlissa, low dose aspirin, orvidrel (trigger shot). Stimmed 12 days and trigger shot on the 14th day.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brown Fertility.
The nursing was great and always answered my questions in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
Monitoring appointments, ultrasounds, blood draws, medication teaching, retrieval, anesthesia, transfer
Embryos PGT-A tested, so recommended transferring 1

2023, Unknown Success
Dr Gomez did not waist anytime getting me in, explaining what the next step is and answering any of my questions...After my DNC surgery I saw him in recovery. He checked on me asked if I had any other questions...is very understanding of your wants and needs as his patient
Weakness [of Brown Fertility] is communication and returning phone calls and emails...Most of the time the nursing staff was very understanding and caring...was provided information that could help cover some of the costs along with financing...They were able to explain everything to me.
How was your experience with Fernando Gomez at Brown Fertility?
I wish they had a better way of communicating and getting back in a timely manner. Not a few days later. Dr Gomez did not waist anytime getting me in, explaining what the next step is and answering any of my questions
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Fernando Gomez at Brown Fertility?
Ask as many questions as you can. They were able to explain everything to me.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Fernando Gomez at Brown Fertility?
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brown Fertility.
Most of the time the nursing staff was very understanding and caring.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
Weakness is communication and returning phone calls and emails. Strength is Dr Gomez, he is very understanding of your wants and needs as his patient. Very happy I found him to be my dr. I would use him again if needed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Fernando Gomez at Brown Fertility.
Some of my cost was covered under my insurance. Testing etc. IVF is not covered. I was provided information that could help cover some of the costs along with financing.
Describe Fernando Gomez's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Brown Fertility.
I have not started my transfer process
Fernando Gomez

2021 - 2022, Unsuccessful
[Dr. Waldman] is very friendly and seems to care about you as a person. He always was the only person to ask what we didn’t like about the clinic and what needed to be fix. He is very good about calling you back once he gets the message from the nurse (which can take awhile)...He was always willing and so is the clinic to let us transfer many embryos...you see many drs in the practice
The clinic has great staff and terrible staff...You definitely have to be on top of it and know when to order medicine and figure all of that out on your own. The billing department is a nightmare they are horrible...The nursing staff is often a hot mess. I have been giving the wrong calendar, told to start medicine when I should not be on that medicine and other issues...[Dr. Waldman] was always willing and so is the clinic to let us transfer many embryos. The clinic let us do 3 for 2 of our cycles
How was your experience with Ian Waldman at Brown Fertility?
He is very friendly and seems to care about you as a person. He always was the only person to ask what we didn’t like about the clinic and what needed to be fix. He is very good about calling you back once he gets the message from the nurse (which can take awhile).
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ian Waldman at Brown Fertility?
Ask him for the data and let that control what he thinks is the best plan for your cycle.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ian Waldman at Brown Fertility?
When you are with Dr Waldman on the phone or in the room you feel like a human and that he does listen to you, however the practice he is worth often makes you feel like a number and it is hard to get answers and you see many drs in the practice
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Tiffany)
The nursing staff is often a hot mess. I have been giving the wrong calendar, told to start medicine when I should not be on that medicine and other issues. Also often times the email response doesn’t answer the questions you asked and you have to send follow up email.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
The clinic has great staff and terrible staff. Some of the medical assistant are the nicest people you will ever met. Some of them need a new job Some of the nurses are amazing and will go out of there way to support you or help you. You definitely have to be on top of it and know when to order medicine and figure all of that out on your own. The billing department is a nightmare they are horrible about answering questions and if you don’t ask for the credits you are due they will never refund them. And they take forever to bill your insurance company.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ian Waldman at Brown Fertility.
Thankfully our insurance covers a big chunk of the cost so we have been able to do multiple rounds.
Describe Ian Waldman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Brown Fertility.
He was always willing and so is the clinic to let us transfer many embryos. The clinic let us do 3 for 2 of our cycles
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brown Fertility.
Always had to remind them to send in script and to the pharmacy that my insurance used even after it was sent to them via email. Calendar emailed at 4:25 pm on a Friday to you with missing information and then that employee leaves at 4:30 pm. Had to advocate for myself to get them to call her at home. Had to advocate for myself to find out that Lupron and centrotide are not supposed to be taken together. Was told by a nurse to take them at same time thankfully I knew better.
Ian Waldman
2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Rafael Cabrera] is a very straight forward doctor but he is very knowledgeable, I asked to try on my own without intervention after my laparascopy before moving to IVF and he was open to it. I appreciated that is also a surgeon and was able to perform my laparascopy and unblock my tubes...He will not take on cases he thinks are not likely to be successful.
[Brown Fertility has] Very convenient hours and locations. They open at 7am and Cabrera practices at both Gore St in Orlando and Winter Garden with hospital privileges at Advent Winter Garden and Winnie Palmer. I believe some of their other offices have Saturday hours...[nurses are] Very kind and knowledgeable, also bilingual...They do have financial assistance available.
How was your experience with Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility?
He is a very straight forward doctor but he is very knowledgeable, I asked to try on my own without intervention after my laparascopy before moving to IVF and he was open to it. I appreciated that is also a surgeon and was able to perform my laparascopy and unblock my tubes.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility?
Be open to honesty. He will not take on cases he thinks are not likely to be successful.
Describe the protocols Rafael Cabrera used in your cycles at Brown Fertility and their degree of success.
I did most of my initial testing with my gynecologist who misdiagnosed me with PCOS. They did not perform an HSG. Dr Cabrera caught this and redid my testing where he found a blocked tube. After he scheduled and completed laparoscopy on me in which he unblocked my tube. I became pregnant a few months later. It did turn out to be a chemical pregnancy but it gives me hope that I am more fertile now.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brown Fertility.
Very kind and knowledgeable, also bilingual.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility.
I'm very lucky to have insurance to cover most costs. My first cycle will be about 4000$ mostly due to my deductible. They do have financial assistance available.
Describe Rafael Cabrera's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Brown Fertility.
He will not recommend multiple transfers to women under 35. You can sign a waiver to allow him to so multiple transfers.

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Ian Waldman] was very helpful very early - explained things clearly but we have not seen him since HSG. He gave so much early on insight but I would love so much to reconnect once our first two IUIs did not work. I would appreciated a short meeting to reconnect or go over thoroughly our yearly timelines...I would tell them to slow him down a bit - he’s very zealous and gets excited but we (the patient) is usually not as intelligent as him
[Brown Fertility] Strengths- location customer service is good. The people on the phone are always pleasant and helpful. Brown fertility Weakness - price point (consultations should not be 250$ if they’re going to rush you) and lack of flexible schedules...[nurse] is sweet knowledgeable and hard working. She remembered little nuiances about me and my husband - very sweet helpful
How was your experience with Ian Waldman at Brown Fertility?
He was very helpful very early - explained things clearly but we have not seen him since HSG. He gave so much early on insight but I would love so much to reconnect once our first two IUIs did not work. I would appreciated a short meeting to reconnect or go over thoroughly our yearly timelines
Ian Waksman thoroughly goes through numbers and does not makes you feel dumb especially early on in the process - clearly explains things
Describe the protocols Ian Waldman used in your cycles at Brown Fertility and their degree of success.
IUI - he explained them thoroughly IVF we haven’t gone over it yetx
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Christina Camacho )
I LOVED Christina Camacho - she is sweet knowledgeable and hard working. She remembered little nuiances about me and my husband - very sweet helpful
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
Consultations are very pricey - I am totally fine paying for the services as I know they’re expensive but a consultation with a nurse (in my opinion) should not be 250$
Ian Waldman

2022, Consult
He [Dr. Samuel Brown] was very nice, informative, and very engaging. He didn’t seem rushed during my appt. He answered all of my questions and really took a good look at the medical records I had brought in with me. We went over all possible treatment options, and he explained each one (pros and cons) in great detail...He explained the entire process of the treatment I’d need, and helped me set up the testing both my husband and I would need.
All of the doctors and nurses are fantastic. The [Brown Fertility] clinic is very nicely decorated, clean, and smells nice. It’s very organized. The only “problem” is that sometimes you may have to wait longer than your scheduled appt time to see the doctor...They [nursing staff] were all very nice and greeted us as soon as we walked in the office. Each one we passed in the hallway would say hello and smile. They seemed very organized, they answered the phones promptly, and responded to our emails in a timely manner as well.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
He was very nice, informative, and very engaging. He didn’t seem rushed during my appt. He answered all of my questions and really took a good look at the medical records I had brought in with me. We went over all possible treatment options, and he explained each one (pros and cons) in great detail.
Expect to wait a little longer to be seen than your actual appt time.
He answered all of my questions, and I had A LOT in a very friendly manner. He explained the entire process of the treatment I’d need, and helped me set up the testing both my husband and I would need.
He recommended traditional IVF.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brown Fertility.
They were all very nice and greeted us as soon as we walked in the office. Each one we passed in the hallway would say hello and smile. They seemed very organized, they answered the phones promptly, and responded to our emails in a timely manner as well.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
All of the doctors and nurses are fantastic. The clinic is very nicely decorated, clean, and smells nice. It’s very organized. The only “problem” is that sometimes you may have to wait longer than your scheduled appt time to see the doctor.
I was only seen for a consultation, so I paid $100.

2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Duffy is the second doctor I’ve seen, but the only one to treat me not like a statistic. He has been up front about what to expect and has explained to me everything we’ve done so far...looked at the surgical notes...is and I appreciate his honesty...Schedule your appointment with him in The Tampa office, it’s worth the drive.
They [Brown Fertility] have multiple locations around the central Florida region. The doctors rotate but usually have one main clinic. They send a pdf version of a new patient form that is not user friendly at all...Everyone I’ve encountered has been extremely kind, and happy to help...I love how honest Dr. Duffy is
How was your experience with Daniel Duffy at Brown Fertility?
Dr. Duffy is compassionate and up front. The upfront part is extremely important to me because I am a very to the point person, I don’t like sugar coating or can be, could be or we will see. The previous clinic I went to took 6 months and 1 surgery to give me a ‘maybe’ diagnosis of endometriosis. Dr. Duffy looked at the surgical notes and did one ultrasound and stated that it was endometriosis “. I understand the need for most doctors to be absolutely sure, but there is no need to keep the patient in limbo. I love how honest Dr. Duffy is and I appreciate his honesty.
Schedule your appointment with him in The Tampa office, it’s worth the drive.
We haven’t done a cycle yet, we are running some tests which my old clinic ran but again the notes in my file were non-specific.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brown Fertility.
Everyone I’ve encountered has been extremely kind, and happy to help.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
They have multiple locations around the central Florida region. The doctors rotate but usually have one main clinic. They send a pdf version of a new patient form that is not user friendly at all, so go early to your new patient appointment and fill the paperwork out at the office.
My first appointment there was no co-pay with my insurance, with the next since there was a scan, I had to pay my insurance co-pay.
Daniel Duffy

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Gomez is wonderful and knowledgeable. Just seems hurried at times. He was very kind about my weight which was a sensitive topic in our treatments from being turned down for treatment before. I have only seen him 2-3 times and have seen his nurse practitioner many more...Go in ready to ask lots of questions. He’s ready to answer and kind and compassionate
You need to advocate for yourself. Make sure everything is correct and ask so many questions . They [Brown Fertility] are wonderful but can forget to tell you details when your first starting treatments and don’t know the protocol...I wasn’t properly told about how the HSG works and that I’d need to have it done between cycle day 13-14
How was your experience with Fernando Gomez at Brown Fertility?
He was kind and warm but still in a hurry. Just trying to do his job
So kind and caring.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
You need to advocate for yourself. Make sure everything is correct and ask so many questions . They are wonderful but can forget to tell you details when your first starting treatments and don’t know the protocol
Great prices just wish insurance was accepted
Fernando Gomez

2020 - 2021, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Samuel Brown] never remembered who we were or what our situation was. He changed his treatment plans on a whim without saying it was because this didn’t work. It was never cohesive...I was so sick of Dr. Browns attitude of not caring and talking to me like I was a cattle and talking to my husband like he was so patient to be with a infertile wife.
I think this [Brown Fertility] is a numbers place. I went because I had a friend who had a successful IVF cycle there. If your body is good at reacting to the treatment, it’s worth it. If it doesn’t work, go find a new place and a new treatment plan. It’s a one trick spot. They have drugs and treatments you need to do fertility treatment, but that doesn’t mean it’s gonna be anything close to caring and aware of your personal situation.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
I assume they ask about sexual assault and rape so they can be extra sensitive to the patient and be very aware of explaining what is happening and why. But I got a procedure done to check my uterus and with no warning or anything close to a warning he gave me a shot of lidocaine in my cervix and pushed the tube of dye into my cervix, not a word said except “yeah it hurts” when I cussed from the sudden excruciating pain. I told them I was raped years ago so that this exact thing wouldn’t happen. So that my doctor would be gentle and aware and take care of my body properly. It sucked and was super emotional afterwards.
If you don’t have a lot of road blocks, meaning different issues, then this place is fine. It’s cheaper and quick. If you have diagnosed fertility issues, go somewhere else, cause they couldn’t care less about what to do except do the hormones, get the treatment done and it works or it didn’t.
He never remembered who we were or what our situation was. He changed his treatment plans on a whim without saying it was because this didn’t work. It was never cohesive.
I did letrozole for 3 cycles. I did the injections for ovulation as well, but only got to ovulate in one cycle and it was a negative. We upped the hormones with each cycle which I really appreciated, it felt aggressive and like something was changing each time.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brown Fertility.
They were definitely the only reason we kept going back. They remembered me, they were kind and tried to empathize when the results weren’t what we were hoping for, they explained a lot of things and always made sure to ask if I had questions right before we left an appointment and I usually did.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
I think this is a numbers place. I went because I had a friend who had a successful IVF cycle there. If your body is good at reacting to the treatment, it’s worth it. If it doesn’t work, go find a new place and a new treatment plan. It’s a one trick spot. They have drugs and treatments you need to do fertility treatment, but that doesn’t mean it’s gonna be anything close to caring and aware of your personal situation.
$500 per IUI cycle and about $300 in drugs per cycle
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brown Fertility.
We tried to switch to a new clinic because I was so sick of Dr. Browns attitude of not caring and talking to me like I was a cattle and talking to my husband like he was so patient to be with a infertile wife. They didn’t send my paperwork. At all. I requested it 3 times over the phone and finally walked into the clinic and demanded they send me my information to my personal email so I can send it to my new clinic. It was appalling.

2017 - 2021, Unsuccessful
he [Dr. Brown] wasn’t involved at all until the eggs were thawed and I was on the table...I get told the doctor that we DIDN'T want was coming in...we still decided to move forward, my one egg that we wanted to transfer and we signed for was thawed. The doctor, two nurses, and embryologist come back in doctor asks how many we are transferring I say one, doctor asks embryologist how many he thawed, “two, they are mediocre” Doctor asks my age, three times in a minute. (I’m still in tears). He says I suggest doing both, (these are my last two),
The NP [at Brown Fertility] was amazing. The only good part of my experience...Hard to get ahold of anyone for questions...my one egg that we wanted to transfer and we signed for was thawed. The doctor, two nurses, and embryologist come back in doctor asks how many we are transferring I say one, doctor asks embryologist how many he thawed, “two, they are mediocre” Doctor asks my age, three times in a minute. (I’m still in tears). He says I suggest doing both, (these are my last two), as I’m crying and ALL eyes are on me....
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Second round with this facility. Wasn’t thrilled after the first round so when we finally decided to go back again we were very happy to meet a new doctor. He spoke confidently and we felt comfortable. He highly recommended transferring one embryo not the two that they did the first time. After that meeting we never spoke with him again. Hard to get ahold of anyone for questions. Only after emailing asking about why my meds were different this time were they changed. More added and raised dosage. Fast forward to transfer day after being “strapped in” (if you have been through this you know how uncomfortable this is), did I get told the doctor that we DIDN'T want was coming in. I started crying saying we weren’t using Dr Brown we were using Dr Waldman they said Dr Waldman wasn’t there today. The nurse left, I cried and in the end we still decided to move forward, my one egg that we wanted to transfer and we signed for was thawed. The doctor, two nurses, and embryologist come back in doctor asks how many we are transferring I say one, doctor asks embryologist how many he thawed, “two, they are mediocre” Doctor asks my age, three times in a minute. (I’m still in tears). He says I suggest doing both, (these are my last two), as I’m crying and ALL eyes are on me. He has everyone leave the room so we can decide. What were we going to do? We were there after all the emotions all the meds, all the time. My husband gets them back in, doctor pats my still strapped in legs and tells me how he transferred four into his wife and he now has a fat boy from it and this would be better financially for us. HE ACTUALLY SAID THIS WOULD BE BETTER FINANCIALLY FOR US! Humiliated, scared, confused, and heart broken we moved forward. Unsuccessfully.
Do research and go somewhere else
The entire experience was horrible. Asked me my age 3 time while I front of him strapped in about to have my FET
The second round he wasn’t involved at all until the eggs were thawed and I was on the table.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brown Fertility.
The NP was amazing. The only good part of my experience
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
I feel like I was just a dollar sign. Nothing good came out of this except I no longer have the monthly reminder that I have frozen embryos available to transferred. I’m now left empty. The facility looks nice and was clean that was it
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brown Fertility.
When you start with a doctor you would think you would stay with them and there recommendations. Also why did I need to reach out asking why I was on heparin one time and not this time. They changed it with no cal from doctor and really not an explanation. I had to ask via email multiple times why to get the answer “ due to your MTHFR”

2020, Consult
I ended up having my consultation with Dr.Rose via zoom. ... Dr.Rose was incredibly knowledgeable and did a fantastic job of reassuring me that his expertise could be trusted. ... Dr.Rose asked me questions, considered my emotional state as well as physical health, and let me actively participate in the consultation. ... He spent almost 2 hours on the call and maintained such an upbeat positive attitude the entire time. By the end of the consult I felt like he had been my doctor for years and felt very comfortable and excited about establishing with him.
I’ve not been to the clinic [Brown Fertility] in person but scheduling a consult was a very easy process. They always answer phones and we’re very thorough in walking me through the steps involved in the phone consult. Someone even called me 5 mins before my appointment was scheduled to begin just to make sure I was able to connect to the app and see if I needed any help.
How was your experience with Bruce Rose at Brown Fertility?
I ended up having my consultation with Dr.Rose via zoom. This was due to the pandemic but is also a service they regularly offer to patients who are far away from offices. Dr.Rose was incredibly knowledgeable and did a fantastic job of reassuring me that his expertise could be trusted. He spent almost 2 hours on the call and maintained such an upbeat positive attitude the entire time. By the end of the consult I felt like he had been my doctor for years and felt very comfortable and excited about establishing with him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bruce Rose at Brown Fertility?
Do not hesitate to ask questions. He was so patient and knowledgeable.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bruce Rose at Brown Fertility?
Describe the protocols Bruce Rose used in your cycles at Brown Fertility and their degree of success.
Dr.Rose specializes in IVM -invitro maturation. There is not a lot of research on IVM and not a lot of doctors offer this. Dr.Rose felt confident that this would be a good option for me due to my extremely high AMH and risk of OHSS.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brown Fertility.
I only had email and phone communication with the nurses but they were all friendly and helpful.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
I’ve not been to the clinic in person but scheduling a consult was a very easy process. They always answer phones and we’re very thorough in walking me through the steps involved in the phone consult. Someone even called me 5 mins before my appointment was scheduled to begin just to make sure I was able to connect to the app and see if I needed any help.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bruce Rose at Brown Fertility.
A consultation with Dr.Rose is only $100 if you are self pay. This was very reasonable compared to other clinics. Dr.Rose is the only doctor in the practice to offer IVM, which comes in at under 10k. This treatment isn’t for everyone but obviously a much more affordable alternative to regular IVF if you are a good candidate.
Describe Bruce Rose's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Brown Fertility.
Bruce Rose

2018 - 2020, Unsuccessful
Investment Banker
I understand that there are things outside of the doctors control, however I felt like my treatment was not important and it didn't matter to them...[Dr. Brown] kept making me feel like I'm a new patient cause he couldn't remember my name even though I was a patient with the clinic for 2 years...It felt like the doctor was being pulled In alot of different directions
The [Brown Fertility] clinic is clean and the staff are nice. However they are disorganized. One department doesn't talk to the other. There is two offices in Jax and they keep sending you to a different office instead of doing everything in the one office...I believe it was around $15k for the IVF cycle of which I paid $5k for deductible, meds, and copay...
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
He didn't remember who I was whenever I saw him. He asked me questions which I thought his team should have prepped him on. He seemed clueless to my treatment or where I was in the cycle. It felt like the doctor was being pulled In alot of different directions. Probably has too much on his plate than he can handle.
Don't go to Brown Fertility. Find another doctor.
The doctor kept making me feel like I'm a new patient cause he couldn't remember my name even though I was a patient with the clinic for 2 years.
The doctor never talked to me about strategies.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kristina Maor and Tiffany Baker)
I went through two cycles. First one with Kristina who quit halfway through my cycle. She was not on top of the drug approvals with insurance. It felt like I always had to check in and make sure she was doing her job. Tiffany also quit and I was reassigned again.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
The clinic is clean and the staff are nice. However they are disorganized. One department doesn't talk to the other. There is two offices in Jax and they keep sending you to a different office instead of doing everything in the one office.
I believe it was around $15k for the IVF cycle of which I paid $5k for deductible, meds, and copay. The rest was covered by insurance.
The doctor transferred 2 embryos cause that is all I had and it was an unsuccessful pregnancy.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brown Fertility.
It was a bad experience all together and not just because I didn't get pregnant. I understand that there are things outside of the doctors control, however I felt like my treatment was not important and it didn't matter to them. I was just another cow in the pasture. The first IVf the doctor just said I had bad eggs. The second IVf no one even called me back after the negative pregnancy test to see if I wanted to try again or to tell me what went wrong. There is no treatment or specialized care. They apply the same principle to every patient and if it works it works. If not oh well try again and pay us.

2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Cabrera was very honest and patient when explaining the IVF and ICSI process and why it would be the best option in our case. He spent a good deal of time with us and reassured us that our chances of success are high. Although this entire process is daunting, I'm glad that we will be under the care of a knowledgable and compassionate doctor.
From the time that we called Brown Fertility, I felt as though everyone we spoke to spent time answering our questions and explaining the process. They have been competent and understanding. They have encouraged us to ask questions and seek more information, and I feel as though we are being heard...I am hopeful about moving forward with our treatment using Brown Fertility as our clinic.
How was your experience with Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility?
Ask as any and all the questions that you can. Dr. Cabrera did a great job of answering all of our concerns. This is such an important, emotional, hopeful, and life-altering journey. Make sure you are as well informed as possible.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility?
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
We are still in the early stages of the IVF journey. So far, we have been very happy with the treatment we've received. I am hopeful about moving forward with our treatment using Brown Fertility as our clinic.
We have only paid for the initial consultation, semen analysis, and blood work so far.
2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
I felt like there were times where Dr. Brown handled situations sensitively, but often I felt he was so into his research and his stats that he lost sight of how information was being delivered to us...He is good at explaining his research and the science behind what he does, although he often contradicted himself and delivered information in ways that weren't careful and didn't seem to reflect his compassion for his patients
I do get the impression that the staff [of Brown Fertility] is overwhelmed and that can translate to a stressful experience for the patient. I have had a lot of difficulties working with the billing department and that has been really frustrating. Twice they have contacted me using another patient's name on accident...
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
I think Dr. Brown is good at what he does and cares for his patients, but he often was a bit clumsy in the consultations we had with us. He is good at explaining his research and the science behind what he does, although he often contradicted himself and delivered information in ways that weren't careful and didn't seem to reflect his compassion for his patients.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and keep asking questions.
I felt like there were times where Dr. Brown handled situations sensitively, but often I felt he was so into his research and his stats that he lost sight of how information was being delivered to us. I often felt like we were getting a well-rehearsed canned talk. He often really pushed his egg donors without a lot of thought to the complexities of this decision or the research around how best to address donors in terms of impact on the kids as they grow. It's clear he's good at what he does, but I think he and the clinic could improve in being more thoughtful about the experience for their patients.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
I think the clinic generally really does care about their patients and their stats are pretty stellar. It does seem that they really know the latest science in infertility. That being said, I do get the impression that the staff is overwhelmed and that can translate to a stressful experience for the patient. I have had a lot of difficulties working with the billing department and that has been really frustrating. Twice they have contacted me using another patient's name on accident. Infertility is stressful all on its own and everyone is human, but I do wish the experience of working with the clinic didn't add to the stress.

2017 - 2019, Successful
[Dr. Samuel Brown] Start with the least invasive. Used Femara for my first three IUI treatments with increasing dosages to produce follicles. We switched to Gonal-F for the final IUI when I didn’t respond to Femara. Used ovidrel trigger shot each time. IVF used Gonal, HCG, and a third injection to get mature follicles for 12 days.... Be prepared to wait. He is running behind most days.
They [Brown Fertility- Orlando] often run behind for appointment times. Be ready to watch lots of HGTV in the waiting room. The staff is all very caring and do their best to speed things along, but I reminded myself that I didn’t want to be rushed when it was my turn.... All of the nurses I saw were amazing! They were there to offer support when a treatment failed and you showed up for another round. Compassion was definitely not lacking.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Dr. Brown sells you the dream of being a parent. From the first time you meet him and go over your options for treatments he is assuring you that it will work. I had my first meeting and he told me that he wouldn’t be surprised if I was pregnant that month, unfortunately IUI didn’t work for me. I had four failed attempts and we moved to IVF. We were successful on our first round of IVF with a fresh embryo. We are currently preparing to do our first frozen embryo transfer.
Be prepared to wait. He is running behind most days.
When I met with Dr. Brown he always remembered details we had talked about previously and had a positive attitude towards my treatment. His nurses were very compassionate.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
They often run behind for appointment times. Be ready to watch lots of HGTV in the waiting room. The staff is all very caring and do their best to speed things along, but I reminded myself that I didn’t want to be rushed when it was my turn.
Insurance didn’t cover any of our treatments. Each monitoring US was $250, and IUI was $500. So roughly $1000 for each round of IUI. IVF was about $9000 plus the cost of medication for both.
We only transferred one fresh embryo because of my age. We have the option of one or two frozen embryos.

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
Hes [Dr. Samuel Brown] very helpful and ran all the right blood test like for pcos and I did hsg procedure which then lead me to have laparoscopy and a hysteroscopy that he performed with other doctors, I did egg retrieval and transfer that he performed. I was diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis and pcos. So I have it really bad and ivf is my only changed I have 1% naturally after surgery for a few months I had 5%. He was very thorough in explaining these things like when I was doing my transfer he talked me about it.
They [the nurses at Brown Fertility- Orlando] are the best women ever esp Kristina,jennifer and kim. I always saw Kristina in person and when I had questions I would email her and she would always email me that I can answer them Jennifer I never met in person but she always answering my emails also and can I never met her in person or even emailed her when I call and she always answering my million questions. Even the other staff are just amazing so kind and caring.
How was your experience with Samuel Brown at Brown Fertility?
Hell answer all your questions if you get to meet with him, unfortuntaley hes very busy but one time I had a question he even called me back on christmas day which is very kind. Sometime I dont think he looked at the paperwork of the patient hes about to talk to but that's understandable as hes got so many. He actually seems he cares. He had high hopes for me by the way he talked and was honest.
Keep in mind hes very busy so you might have to remind him what's your diagnosis and the time you get with him cause your mainly with the nurses and such and hes just busy. All seriously hes honest and kind. So he will care about you and answer your question. You will have someone that wants to get you pregnant.
He looked at me, answered all my questions,asked about my life, was kind,sense of humanity.
I had so many it's hard to remember. Hes very helpful and ran all the right blood test like for pcos and I did hsg procedure which then lead me to have laparoscopy and a hysteroscopy that he performed with other doctors, I did egg retrieval and transfer that he performed. I was diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis and pcos. So I have it really bad and ivf is my only changed I have 1% naturally after surgery for a few months I had 5%. He was very thorough in explaining these things like when I was doing my transfer he talked me about it.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brown Fertility.
They are the best women ever esp Kristina,jennifer and kim. I always saw Kristina in person and when I had questions I would email her and she would always email me that I can answer them Jennifer I never met in person but she always answering my emails also and can I never met her in person or even emailed her when I call and she always answering my million questions. Even the other staff are just amazing so kind and caring.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
I wouldnt change anything about the nurses. My dr maybe being able to email him or something if you had questions only he could answer or wanted to talk to him but that's what the nurses are for. He explains, answers,comunicates,kind and caring.
Hes cost were the most affordable. I think it was under 16k for ivf.
I was 30 when I transferred and because of that I could only do one plus because of my age he had high Hope's I wish I could of done more but when I do my fet he will let me do two which is good.
Orlando

We first went in for male infertility. She [Dr. Hollins] explained different drug options we could try but everything would be trial and error since male infertility is difficult to determine. My husband felt comfortable with her. When we decided to go the route of sperm donor and IUI, she went very quickly with explaining the process which left me a little frazzled and overwhelmed. ... IUI- ultrasound to check for ovarian cysts. 5 days of femara (starting on day 2 of cycle). 2nd ultrasound to make sure follicles looked good. Overdril trigger shot. IUI procedure completed by RNP.
When I was getting bloodwork done before selecting a sperm donor, a CMV test was not ordered. ... The one thing I don't like is, when you are checking out, it is at the desk in the waiting room [Brown Fertility] and everyone can hear you. Some people want privacy when they have to make a follow up appointment and I always felt uncomfortable that everyone is looking and listening. The offices are both clean and comfortable. Nursing staff is very attentive and made me feel comfortable.
How was your experience with Lori Hollins at Brown Fertility?
We first went in for male infertility. She explained different drug options we could try but everything would be trial and error since male infertility is difficult to determine. My husband felt comfortable with her. When we decided to go the route of sperm donor and IUI, she went very quickly with explaining the process which left me a little frazzled and overwhelmed. I got bloodwork done and the office would not go over it with me over the phone, I had to make a consultation appointment which was expensive. The one test I wanted to get the results for wasn't ordered so I left without that result.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lori Hollins at Brown Fertility?
She would explain things very rushed sometimes leaving my husband and I confuse or with questions. The appointment would go so quickly I would forget my questions and then not have access to ask questions after. She was very nice and my husband felt comfortable with her.
Describe the protocols Lori Hollins used in your cycles at Brown Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Brown Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Emily Opdycke)
Very pleased with the two nurses and nurse practitioner I worked closely with.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
At the Baptist South location, the lady that you check in with is cold and does not have a warm personality. The one thing I don't like is, when you are checking out, it is at the desk in the waiting room and everyone can hear you. Some people want privacy when they have to make a follow up appointment and I always felt uncomfortable that everyone is looking and listening. The offices are both clean and comfortable. Nursing staff is very attentive and made me feel comfortable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lori Hollins at Brown Fertility.
IUI costed $1,000 for one round, not including the fertility drugs.
Lori Hollins
Orlando

I found [Dr. Rafael Cabrera] to be pessimistic, and did not show much compassion as he delivered what was the hardest medical diagnosis I have ever received to date... threw statistics at me about how I had less than a 5% chance of getting pregnant without explaining other options I had other than donor eggs...did not give me any hope...I would have appreciated more compassion and a better bed side manner...
The clinic [Brown Fertility] is in downtown Orlando, a central location, which is appreciated and easy to access across Florida...a little sterile feeling...Weaknesses would be billing- I still am getting bills, after my insurance said the diagnostic testing should be completely covered...[Dr. Cabrera] did not show much compassion...threw statistics at me about how I had less than a 5% chance of getting pregnant without explaining other options I had other than donor eggs.
How was your experience with Rafael Cabrera at Brown Fertility?
I found this doctor to be pessimistic, and did not show much compassion as he delivered what was the hardest medical diagnosis I have ever received to date. He did not give me any hope and told me that my only chance was with donor eggs. (My second opinion dr disagreed completely, especially since Age is on my side still). I would have appreciated more compassion and a better bed side manner.
I would recommend going somewhere else and see someone who is willing to fight for your case and for you to have a child. There are many doctors who specialize in DOR, and who are hopeful and don’t put you in a box. Find that dr!
He first and only threw statistics at me about how I had less than a 5% chance of getting pregnant without explaining other options I had other than donor eggs.
We didn’t get that far into treatment but once he reviewed my amh and fsh he immediately said donor eggs was my best option and that IvF would be unsuccessful. I ended up leaving this clinic to get a second opinion.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Brown Fertility.
In the little interaction I did have they showed compassion and care for me as I was very emotional in their office.
Describe your experience with Brown Fertility.
The clinic itself was a little sterile feeling (at least compared to another one i went to after). The clinic is in downtown Orlando, a central location, which is appreciated and easy to access across Florida. Weaknesses would be billing- I still am getting bills, after my insurance said the diagnostic testing should be completely covered.
I had to pay out of pocket for my consultation, blood work, genetic testing (approx $200), and HSG. I’d say in all I spent around $500-700.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Brown Fertility.
I was waiting for my blood work results to come in and for the office to call me to schedule a follow up appointment to review them. I waited a few weeks and still no call, so I called the office and spoke with a nurse who looked over my results and told me that “no news is good news.” So I asked, “so you’re saying everything is good since I didn’t hear back with a call?” She said, “yes, you can say that.” The day of my appointment came and i was in for the shock of my life as the dr told me that my blood work results were not good and he proceeded to tell me that I had Diminished ovarian reserve, would not be successful having my own child, and that I would be in menopause by age 40. Devastating and completely surprised since the nurse told me everything looked good.