5.5
5.5
LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

2828 Chicago Ave. S. Suite #400
Minneapolis, MN 55407
991 Sibley Memorial Highway, Suite #100
St. Paul, MN 55118

2022 - 2023, Successful
Dr Demario went above and beyond during my care...performed all procedures aside from my initial egg retrieval...you do not see Dr. Demario for every visit...was the one to call with more serious conversation...incredibly enthusiastic in planning your care...will never try to force you into something
St Paul [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] location is stunning...is calm and relaxing and feels a bit like a spa. On nice summer days, the patio door is open...If I could rate the nurses at the st paul location even higher, I would...biggest strength at this location is Shawn - She rocks and is so on top of everything.
How was your experience with Mark Damario at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Dr Demario went above and beyond during my care; he performed all procedures aside from my initial egg retrieval. I had a scary health incident while under the care of the clinic, and he prioritized talking to my hospital care team and husband, ensuring we had a comprehensive plan. Although you do not see Dr. Demario for every visit, that is okay by me. He was the one to call with more serious conversation, such as results from genetic testing and the outcome of transfers, to talk through the following steps. When expressing what you want to do in your family-building journey Dr. Demario is incredibly enthusiastic in planning your care. At first, my husband and I thought he was a little awkward, but as we have been patients, he has warmed up, and we enjoy every interaction with him. He is incredibly smart and a great listener. He never pushed us in any direction and made us feel like we were in the driver's seat in determining our goals.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Damario at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Be prepared to ask questions - Demario is an ocean of knowledge and very passionate about his work. He will never try to force you into something, so I often times would catch myself saying, " I think we want to..." where he would then clarify "You want to or you think you want to" He does seem awkward at first, but he really does warm up as time passes, he is great to work with
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Damario at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
This staff, between Dr. Demario and ALL of the nurses and admin staff, know me by name and remember my case details to tailor my care. They approached everything with compassion and were extremely organized. All communication I had was followed up on within a highly reasonable amount of time- typically within the first hour of contact - and Shawn, who handles billing, was always prompt and compassionate herself. She was always very attentive when discussing sensitive financial matters or dealing with insurance.
Describe the protocols Mark Damario used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
Our initial egg retrieval strategy started with birth control and lupron - with menopur and folistim - we then upped the dosages mid-cycle to accommodate for slow development. Our second egg retrieval started with birth control and knowing I had slower growth the first time, starting with a higher dosage of menopur and folistim. Our first transfer involved birth control, lupron, oral estrogen and progesterone in oil this did result in a pregnancy. However, I responded terribly to the oral estrogen, and we had to make many changes during the cycle, which the clinic was very on top of and communicative.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
If I could rate the nurses at the st paul location even higher, I would. They are all so on top of everything and know exactly what is going on regardless of who you talked to last. They were so sensitive and caring when any news was not good. I had so many questions, and they were always very prompt to respond, both via message and phone. They covered the next steps and ultrasound outcomes during the same visit while at the clinic, so I never left having questions. The nurses at the Minneapolis location are also very nice and took incredible care of me during the transfer and retrieval procedures.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The St Paul location is stunning. It is calm and relaxing and feels a bit like a spa. On nice summer days, the patio door is open, it is a peaceful place. The location is very easy to get to, and there are never any issues with parking; the area feels very safe and private. The deli next door is also a delicious treat. The biggest strength at this location is Shawn - She rocks and is so on top of everything.

2022 - 2023, Successful
LGBTQ+
I think Dr. Damario really provided me with the right level of care I wanted. He was really informative and blunt with me about risks like with me originally wanting to try for twins. He also was caring while still being professional and not overbearing. He really put me at ease. I always felt better and reassured after talking with him. The only thing that maybe could have been better is that sometimes I had to remind him on details that I think the nurse knows or he would know if he reread my file.
I think the clinic is really professional and organized. I felt comfortable in their spaces...Overall the communication is good, however, the user site is a little clunky to navigate so it would have been nice to have an easier to use site to see my results and instructions. It can also be a little transactional at first because you have to pay in advance though I think Shawn tried her best to be helpful and understanding about our financial situation.
I think you should not be afraid to ask questions and to call the nurse's line or afterhours line to ask question. That's what you are paying for and if I hadn't asked directly, there would probably be a few things I was still confused about. As for medical costs, it can be daunting as they explain that at the beginning. You should also ask a lot of questions about that so you understand your coverage and your options.
The doctor was always warm when I saw him. He spent a lot of time with me in his initial visit and I was able to consult with him several times during the process. I felt like he was really encouraging and honestly calmed me down when I would start to panic.
How competent was Mark Damario at LGBTQ+ care?
I never got a negative feeling from him when I discussed my wife and what our goals were. The doctor met my wife several times and seemed genuinely happy for us.
You end up talking more with the nurses than the doctor. The nurses explain how you take the medicine and answer your questions over the phone. They also check in with you after your ultrasounds. The nurses knew my case really well and always were very sure of their answers so I felt confident in their advice.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
I think the clinic is really professional and organized. I felt comfortable in their spaces and I was able to get to the Lilydale clinic easily and be in and out for routine visits really fast. It was a little bit more work going to the Minneapolis clinic. Overall the communication is good, however, the user site is a little clunky to navigate so it would have been nice to have an easier to use site to see my results and instructions. It can also be a little transactional at first because you have to pay in advance though I think Shawn tried her best to be helpful and understanding about our financial situation.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Damario at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The cost for IVF was about $13,000 not including the cost of medications

2020 - 2023, Successful
Dr. Demario was always very informative...did not sugarcoat our odds, and was accepting of my suggestions to try a ERA after a failed FET...explain things in a way that I understood...I never felt rushed....ERA as a diagnostic tool after a failed transfer...successful on our second try and will hopefully have another pregnancy/birth with our last embryo
[Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] is easy to access off the highway, clean and it was always pretty quick to get into an appointment...felt like every member of staff was rooting for us...were always kind...nurses were sure to double check aspects of my treatment plan...nurses always called me back
Dr. Demario was always very informative. He did not sugarcoat our odds, and was accepting of my suggestions to try a ERA after a failed FET. He was always sure to explain things in a way that I understood, and I never felt rushed.
Go in with an open mind. Do some of your own research if you want, and it feels like he is good at walking you through that, but trust that you are in good hands with this doctor.
Dr. Demario and his nurses were all really wonderful. He was realistic but reassuring when needed. They always answered my calls with compassion and I felt like I was well cared for during a stressful time.
We used Lupron, which I was hesitant about due to side effects, but Dr. Demario thought it was important so we did. He also walked me through using an ERA as a diagnostic tool after a failed transfer, and was very clear about the odds. He also did a good job of explaining how with the 3 total transfers of PGS normal donor embryos we would have a good chance of a live birth. We were thankfully successful on our second try and will hopefully have another pregnancy/birth with our last embryo.
The nurses always called me back and were compassionate and informative, despite if the news was good or bad. I felt very cared for with their compassion and attention to details.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The clinic is easy to access off the highway, clean and it was always pretty quick to get into an appointment. They coordinated care remotely as I'm about 2 hours out of the metro area. I always felt like every member of staff was rooting for us, and they were always kind, even when things were really difficult. The nurses were sure to double check aspects of my treatment plan, even if it was only for my piece of mind.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
I only experienced one monitoring appointment here, as the rest were done remotely at my OB clinic. It went about the same as the hundred other ones I had, waited about 15 minutes then had my US, and received results within the day.
I believe the actual FET was about 4k. The associated meds were about 3k, if not a little more as the Lupron alone was almost 2k.
Describe Mark Damario's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
I agreed with Dr. Demario's suggestion of a SET due to potential risk factors to the pregnancy and my health.

2019 - 2023, Successful
Dr. Damario took the time to listen to what I wanted and was willing (to a understandable medical point) to try treatments the way I wanted to do them....took into account my medical situation and treated accordingly...anovulation history...first fresh transfer was successful...has been very supportive but in a realistic way (not falsely hopeful).
[Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] is easy to get ahold of, has good available to get in when I need and is always willing to go above and beyond. The wait time to see Dr...is usually long...normal appointments they are usually on schedule...entire staff is knowledgeable, caring and really good at their jobs
I feel like Dr. Damario is a partner in trying to help us grow our family. He isn't the most direct provider but he does answer our questions. He has a lot of experience which counts for a lot in my view. He was willing to try a number of cycles without injectable meds (none of which worked - he was right!) which is what I needed for my own process. He has been very supportive but in a realistic way (not falsely hopeful).
Keep asking questions until you feel like you have the information you need and understand what it means.
Dr. Damario took the time to listen to what I wanted and was willing (to a understandable medical point) to try treatments the way I wanted to do them. He took into account my medical situation and treated accordingly.
Overall Dr. Damario recommended injectable medication because of my anovulation history but I didn't want to start there so we did 3 rounds of pills only, then went to pills and IUI for 4 rounds. After none of that was successful we went to IVF. The rationale was that IVF was going to be a better course for our time and money than IUI and injectables. Our first fresh transfer was successful. Our first frozen transfer 1.5 years later failed. Our second IVF retrieval and fresh transfer of 2 morulas resulted in single live birth. We were allowed to transfer 2 embryos because of their immaturity.
the entire staff is knowledgeable, caring and really good at their jobs. I like that the nurses at the St. Paul location had been doing the ultrasounds until recently. The staff had some turnover during my second IVF cycle and they were less personable that the original team.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The clinic is easy to get ahold of, has good available to get in when I need and is always willing to go above and beyond. The wait time to see Dr. Damario is usually long (he's frequently late) but for normal appointments they are usually on schedule.
$1500 for IUI, $5000 for frozen, $15000 for IVF
Dr. Damario is very against multiple embryo transfers. That has been a sticking point with him from the first IVF cycle.

2022 - 2023, Unknown Success
Dr. Kapfhamer has been nothing short of fantastic! Unfortunately we do not have a baby yet, but Dr. Kapfhamer has taken every step to make our dreams come true. He answers all our questions with such respect, optimism, and honesty. He is a kind person first and a doctor second...has helped walk us through medicated cycles, IUIs, and now IVF. He is so kind and respectful while maintaining realistic optimism.
[Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] Clinic Strength: Thorough treatment planning by doctors who care. Communication and protocol followup is excellent in the online portal. Clinic Weakness: Long wait times to schedule a conference with your doctor. I know they are so busy, it's just such a disappointment that "infertility" is such a long process...The clinic is up front about costs and has worked well with my insurance.
How was your experience with Joshua Kapfhamer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Dr. Kapfhamer has helped walk us through medicated cycles, IUIs, and now IVF. He is so kind and respectful while maintaining realistic optimism. If my husband or I ever have questions or concerns, he takes all the time needed to answer them in very understandable language.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joshua Kapfhamer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Make a list of your questions or concerns ahead of time. There is so much to think about at appointments and they can often be emotional. Having your questions written out will help you remember it all.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joshua Kapfhamer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Describe the protocols Joshua Kapfhamer used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
We have done three medicated cycles with Clomid and timed intercourse, three additional cycles with IUI, and have moved on to IVF. Dr. Kapfhamer has changed protocol when needed and kept us informed along the way. We did not choose to genetically test our embryos after our egg retrieval and regret not testing at that time. We are now planning to thaw, biopsy our remaining embryos, and refreeze them to rule out genetic abnormalities.
Kind and respectful; responsive especially to online portal messages.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joshua Kapfhamer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Three medicated cycles, three rounds of IUI, and one round of IVF has cost us roughly 20k so far. The clinic is up front about costs and has worked well with my insurance.

2020 - 2023, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Colleen Casey] is incredibly smart and well-informed. Her communication left a lot to be desired...phone calls were late, and she seemed to take a passive approach to treatment. She did not change the treatment plan despite multiple failures. There was no follow-up after important procedures such as D&E and D&C...Be specific about the type of communication you want. Ask a lot of direct questions if you value being informed.
[Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] Professional, informed, good reputation. The weaknesses I observe involve the communication piece. The only way to reach a nurse is to leave a voicemail, which ends up resulting in phone tag if you have a job that you can't always take phone calls. Also, my treatment plan has been different than standard protocols from the beginning, and it seemed like I needed to constantly remind the nurses of that. It made me question their thoroughness.
How was your experience with Colleen Casey at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
She is incredibly smart and well-informed. Her communication left a lot to be desired...phone calls were late, and she seemed to take a passive approach to treatment. She did not change the treatment plan despite multiple failures. There was no follow-up after important procedures such as D&E and D&C.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Colleen Casey at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Colleen Casey at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
There was limited bedside manner.
Very warm.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Colleen Casey at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
IVF monitoring was mostly covered, but donor eggs and associated procedures were not. I ultimately spent about $75,000 including IVF and donor egg transfers over the course of 3.5 years.
Describe Colleen Casey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Preferred single embryo transfer unless there were rare factors involved that may warrant multiples.
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
As previously mentioned, I felt like I needed to remind most nurses that my treatment plan was different than most. I was also frustrated by the delayed phone calls with test results, sometimes happening a day later than expected.

2023, Consult
Dr. Kapfhamer is wonderful... is very thorough and respectful. I always feel like I can ask him any question without being intimidated...always takes time to explain every detail to us and never makes us feel rushed...low ovarian egg reserve...said using a donor egg would increase my chances significantly...very transparent about my odds
[Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] is very comfortable, clean, professional, and updated. Everyone I encountered there was great. Sometimes it took 24 hours to get a callback, but I always received a call when I requested one...nursing staff is also great...made me feel very comfortable ...communicated very well
He always takes time to explain every detail to us and never makes us feel rushed. I always leave the clinic with a good understanding of next steps. I completely trust him with my infertility treatments.
I would recommend bringing a notebook to write down information because you will get a lot of it from Dr. Kapfhamer.
Dr. Kapfhamer is wonderful. He is very thorough and respectful. I always feel like I can ask him any question without being intimidated.
Dr. Kapfhamer discovered that I have a low ovarian egg reserve. He said he would not recommend that I try IVF with my own eggs because it would not increase my chances of getting pregnant. He said using a donor egg would increase my chances significantly, so we are beginning that process now. I appreciate that he was very transparent about my odds and what would be the best treatment to do for me to get pregnant.
The nursing staff is also great. They made me feel very comfortable and welcome. They communicated very well and gave me all the info and materials that I needed.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The clinic is very comfortable, clean, professional, and updated. Everyone I encountered there was great. Sometimes it took 24 hours to get a callback, but I always received a call when I requested one.

2023, Unknown Success
Donor Sperm With Other Docs
LGBTQ+
She [Dr. Meg Hopeman] was nice however didn’t really explain the course of treatment. Just very vague. She also did not talk to my partner. Just me. I just didn’t think she did a great job at an initial appointment. We were also charged for a 40 min appointment but we were only in there for 20 minutes...She wasn’t very friendly. Just seems like she wanted to get us in and out.
Nice clinic [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] and receptionists. It’s very hard to get an appointment. Once you’re there we had to wait around for awhile. All the nurses were nice and helpful. Over all a nice clinic. Nice waiting room...She [Dr. Meg Hopeman] was nice however didn’t really explain the course of treatment. Just very vague. She also did not talk to my partner. Just me. I just didn’t think she did a great job at an initial appointment. We were also charged for a 40 min appointment but we were only in there for 20 minutes.
How was your experience with Meg Hopeman at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
She was nice however didn’t really explain the course of treatment. Just very vague. She also did not talk to my partner. Just me. I just didn’t think she did a great job at an initial appointment. We were also charged for a 40 min appointment but we were only in there for 20 minutes.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Meg Hopeman at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Hopefully it will get better as I see her more.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Meg Hopeman at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
She wasn’t very friendly. Just seems like she wanted to get us in and out.
I have not had much experiences with the nursing staff yet.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Nice clinic and receptionists. It’s very hard to get an appointment. Once you’re there we had to wait around for awhile. All the nurses were nice and helpful. Over all a nice clinic. Nice waiting room.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Meg Hopeman at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
I had a visit cost and lab costs.
I don’t like that results were not communicated to me.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Casey was always compassionate to us and would explain and answer questions we had. She isn't, however, overly warm in her demeanor and won't go out of her way to explain things unless you ask a lot of questions. Of our retrieval and three transfers, only one of the procedures was performed by her (though we trusted the other dr's at the clinic with our care). In the end, we chose Dr. Casey because we felt she would help us reach our goal of a successful pregnancy not because of her bed-side manner.
We chose this [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] clinic for its strong success rates of treatments resulting in live births. They are well organized and pass the information along between departments well. It was typically pretty easy to get an appointment at a time that worked for us (though new patient appointments and meetings with your dr. can be scheduled out for months!!). A weakness we felt was that the clinic didn't seem overly eager to go beyond the standard procedures (especially when these weren't working for us). I suggested a few tests but was told that the clinic doesn't offer them. We would have liked more support with diagnosing our unexplained infertility.
Do your own research ahead of speaking with her and come prepared with LOTS of questions.
Describe the protocols Colleen Casey used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
Egg retrieval followed by a fresh transfer (failed). Frozen transfer two months later with a standard protocol (estrace, baby aspirin, progesterone in oil) which resulted in a miscarriage at 8 weeks. Tried a second frozen transfer, this time adding a two-week course of doxycycline to address potential endometritis which was successful.
We worked with many different nurses. They were always kind and typically took the time to explain what they were doing. It would have been nice to have a nurse we met with more consistently to establish a relationship.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
We chose this clinic for its strong success rates of treatments resulting in live births. They are well organized and pass the information along between departments well. It was typically pretty easy to get an appointment at a time that worked for us (though new patient appointments and meetings with your dr. can be scheduled out for months!!). A weakness we felt was that the clinic didn't seem overly eager to go beyond the standard procedures (especially when these weren't working for us). I suggested a few tests but was told that the clinic doesn't offer them. We would have liked more support with diagnosing our unexplained infertility.
Since our embryos were untested, Dr. Casey left this up to us. We transferred a single embryo for our first two transfers and opted to transfer two embryos for our third transfer.

2021 - 2022, Unsuccessful
Dr. Damario cares about his patients based on communication. He is however conservative and doesn’t give the option of trying things that seem new and experimental. For a patient with DOR, this is important...He’s got single embryo transfer...Expect someone who has experience doing what he does. Expect a traditional way of practicing medicine. Also ask him lots of questions, otherwise he will be brief.
Only thing is that the St.Paul clinics is closed over the weekend, and you have to go to Minneapolis. That’s where retrieval’s happen as well...[the nurses] relay messages to doctor Damario, and are not road blocks...$15,000 for the retrieval without medication...Strength - experienced doctor with hood success rates. Dr. Damario is conservative in his approach, and I wish he was more flexible. As a new patient, please do your homework and be prepared to ask questions. He will answer them and is willing to be challenged.
The nurses always call back within 24 hours. The doctor takes the time to explain things as well.
Microdoze Lupron - cycle 1 and 2 (both 150 menopur and 300 Gonal F) - 4 blasts total. Cycle 3 - Antagonist with same dose of Menopur and Gonal F (this was cancelled for slow response)
Matter of fact. They relay messages to doctor Damario, and are not road blocks.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
They’re great. Only thing is that the St.Paul clinics is closed over the weekend, and you have to go to Minneapolis. That’s where retrieval’s happen as well.
$15,000 for the retrieval without medication.
He’s got single embryo transfer.
2022, Consult
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
[Dr. Hopeman] uses many words of encouragement such as willpower, patience and courage. In our discussions she uses these three words. she is a lady with very strong morals. I always believed that she made the fame for this center. often when we come to appointment she comes out of her office to welcome us at the portal with smile. at each stage of the treatment. she takes care to explain everything to us.
My family doctor who refer me to this [Center for Reproduction Medicine] clinic told me she have refer many people who get satisfaction. I believe that clinic is good one. I can advice a new patient to go there. The reception and the availability of nurses show a good organization. In terms of work , each nurses has her specialty.
The doctor uses many words of encouragement such as willpower, patience and courage. In our discussions she uses these three words. she is a lady with very strong morals. I always believed that she made the fame for this center. often when we come to appointment she comes out of her office to welcome us at the portal with smile. at each stage of the treatment. she takes care to explain everything to us.
One piece of advice I will give a prospective patient of prospective patient of Meg HOPEMAN is . With the doctor Meg HOPEMAN we never fail.
I felt treated like a human because doctor HOPEMAN is very compassionate and determined to help us to get children.
Describe the protocols Meg Hopeman used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
I do not remember all. But. I remember that my wife takes the injection in the lower abdomen. she takes many medication.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota. (Assigned nurse: DeNae M...)
All the nurses who work with doctor HOPEMAM are helpful, especially madam DeNae.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
My family doctor who refer me to this clinic told me she have refer many people who get satisfaction. I believe that clinic is good one. I can advice a new patient to go there. The reception and the availability of nurses show a good organization. In terms of work , each nurses has her specialty.
Please I do not remember.
Describe Meg Hopeman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
It is my first experience the embryo for donor eggs. I propose two embryo transfer. but if doctor judge one embryo is good for us. No problem.

2020 - 2022, Consult
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
As English is our second language he [Dr. Mark Damario] has tried to understand what exactly we need so that he won’t miss anything. He treats us with full respect. Because of him now we know all options we have. Now we are in the middle of the process. We will update this page once we done the treatment plan and get results.
They [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] are scheduled and know what they are doing. As I have said earlier since we are on early stage of the treatment...We only met few times with the nurse just for few hours...As English is our second language he has tried to understand what exactly we need so that he won’t miss anything. He treats us with full respect. Because of him now we know all options we have. Now we are in the middle of the process. We will update this page once we done the treatment plan and get results.
You are in a good hands.
He helped us to see what options we could have and treating us with respect.
We are going to have donated eggs and will get fertilized then the embryo will transfer to my wife. Still working on that.
We only met few times with the nurse just for few hours. Hard to comment at this stage
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
They are scheduled and know what they are doing. As I have said earlier since we are on early stage of the treatment it’s too early to comment. I will update this page if I have access when we proceed.
About $20000
Our doctor advised us to do singles to avoid complications and we accepted that. We truly trust him

2017 - 2021, Successful
IUI With Other Docs
Dr. Casey understood right off the bat that I’m very “type a” and need to know every little detail. She explained the entire process and even drew pictures. Infertility treatments are a very confusing process and she explained it all in an easily understood way...My husband and I wanted to transfer two embryos, but during my first pregnancy I had severe Hyperemesis Gravidarum and Preeclampsi, so they talked us out of an even higher risk pregnancy
They were very good with communication. Also, if I had a question (I had lots!), they knew exactly who to send me to to answer the question. They were also very friendly in every interaction I had with them...My interactions [with the Center for Reproductive Medicine nurses] were mostly over the phone, but they were all great...Medications were about $4000 and the rest of the cycle was about $14,000
She is very direct, which is so amazing. She doesn’t sugar coat, but at the same time, she has great caring bedside manner
I had my first consult with Dr. Casey in 2017. It was a very emotional process for me and I distinctly remember crying in her office during the consultation. She was very caring and understanding and helped me come to terms with our infertility struggle
I was on oral birth control pills for 3 weeks, then started my stimulation medications. I was on 75 units of Menopur and 900 IU of Follistim for 10 days. 250mcg of Ganirelix was added in and I did a double Ovidrel trigger. I was monitored this whole time as well with ultrasounds. I remember being at my ultrasound on a Friday and was told to come back Monday. Knowing my body, I advocated for a Saturday appointment- not wanting to miss my small window to trigger. I came in the next day and sure enough, was told to trigger Sunday night! I had previously gone through 8 IUI cycles (7 unsuccessfully) and I learned through those to advocate for myself more. 36 hours after my trigger shots, I went in for my egg retrieval. There were 25 eggs retrieved, 18 of which were mature. After 5 days, we needed up with 11 embryos. We transferred 1 on day 5, and she is currently 7 weeks old!
My interactions were mostly over the phone, but they were all great!
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
My work schedule isn’t very flexible, so I had a hard time with the appointments. That being said, CRM did their best in accommodating me and my hectic work schedule.
Medications were about $4000 and the rest of the cycle was about $14,000

2021, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Damario] came to appointments not even knowing our names or any previous treatments or procedures that had occurred with us, even though he was the one completing them...He forgot to send orders multiple times causing our retrieval process to be postponed multiple months. Almost six months working with them without a single completed stimulation med cycle, let alone egg retrieval. After multiple egregious errors and repeated demonstration of disorganizationed business practice, we asked for our money back...
[Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] One of the most disorganized businesses I've ever worked with...Almost six months working with them without a single completed stimulation med cycle, let alone egg retrieval...complete lack of communication and also miscommunication, both with us and within their own company...nurse Jenn was a real positive during our negative experience at CRM. Both her and the main phlebotomist at the St. Paul location were genuine, caring, and kind...
Look elsewhere. If you are seeking an involved, dedicated, and committed fertility doctor who shows genuine concern, effort, and communication skills regarding treatment, then DO NOT settle for Mark Demario.
One of the most disorganized businesses I've ever worked with, which for a medical facility is inexcusable. The entire experience at CRM, St. Paul with Dr. Demario was discouraging and infuriating. Dr. Demario clearly takes on more patients than he can handle and didn't have a clue who we were at appointments. He came to appointments not even knowing our names or any previous treatments or procedures that had occurred with us, even though he was the one completing them. It was concerning to say the least. The biggest shock and disappointment was the complete lack of communication and also miscommunication, both with us and within their own company. He forgot to send orders multiple times causing our retrieval process to be postponed multiple months. Almost six months working with them without a single completed stimulation med cycle, let alone egg retrieval. After multiple egregious errors and repeated demonstration of disorganizationed business practice, we asked for our money back and have proceeded to work with RMIA. Even though we wasted our time, emotional well- being, and about $4,000 at CRM (coming away with literally nothing) we are so, so happy with RMIA. If you are looking for an involved, supportive, organized fertility experience then CRM and Dr. Demario in particular are not recommended.
At the St. Paul location ,nurse Jenn was a real positive during our negative experience at CRM. Both her and the main phlebotomist at the St. Paul location were genuine, caring, and kind.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
of the most disorganized businesses I've ever worked with, which for a medical facility is inexcusable. The entire experience at CRM, St. Paul with Dr. Demario was discouraging and infuriating. Dr. Demario clearly takes on more patients than he can handle and didn't have a clue who we were at appointments. He came to appointments not even knowing our names or any previous treatments or procedures that had occurred with us, even though he was the one completing them. It was concerning to say the least. The biggest shock and disappointment was the complete lack of communication and also miscommunication, both with us and within their own company. He forgot to send orders multiple times causing our retrieval process to be postponed multiple months. Almost six months working with them without a single completed stimulation med cycle, let alone egg retrieval. After multiple egregious errors and repeated demonstration of disorganizationed business practice, we asked for our money back and have proceeded to work with RMIA. Even though we wasted our time, emotional well- being, and about $4,000 at CRM (coming away with literally nothing) we are so, so happy with RMIA. If you are looking for an involved, supportive, organized fertility experience then CRM and Dr. Demario in particular are not recommended. As unhappy and brokenhearted we were about our experience at CRM, we have been equally overjoyed at how thoroughly and quickly RMIA has supported us. On a positive note, however, nurse Jenn was a real positive during our negative experience at CRM. Both her and the main phlebotomist at the St. Paul location were genuine, caring, and kind.

2019 - 2020, Consult
Dr. Damario did a wonderful job of making us feel like a human, took the time to review all of our records and go over them in depth. Explained everything in great detail and made us feel like we were important to him... was very professional and described our situation in depth, he explained everything that we were facing and what our best options were, when we decided ivf with donor eggs were not an option for us he didnt hesitate to change the course of treatment and gave us all the details on why or why not an iui would or wouldnt work. He was very sympathetic of our situation and made sure our fears and concerns were answered and put at ease before we left
Our initial consultation [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] was about $400. That included a baseline ultrasound and some blood work up. The iui will be about $1200 for injectable medications and 2000 for services...is a wonder clinic with very caring nurses and an amazing doctor. They take the time to get to know you, what you want and what you dont want. They listen to all your concerns and are more then willing to work with you. They treat you like a human not a number and always want the best for their patients. I would highly recommend them!
Dr. Damario was very professional and described our situation in depth, he explained everything that we were facing and what our best options were, when we decided ivf with donor eggs were not an option for us he didnt hesitate to change the course of treatment and gave us all the details on why or why not an iui would or wouldnt work. He was very sympathetic of our situation and made sure our fears and concerns were answered and put at ease before we left
To go in with an open mind and be honest about what you want and dont want. Don't be afraid to speak up for what you want. Dr. Damario is more then willing to work with you.
We were set up to begin an IUI treatment before the Corona virus canceled all new treatments, our plans was to use Follistim 150iu of 8 days and the an ovidral hcg shot and the iui the next day. However we have been put on hold until it is safe to begin treatment again!
I have no had alot of one on ones with the nursing staff as we havent started our treatment yet, however, the couple nurses I have seen an spoke to are so kind and patient and answer any and all questions I did have!
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Center for Reproductive medicine is a wonder clinic with very caring nurses and an amazing doctor. They take the time to get to know you, what you want and what you dont want. They listen to all your concerns and are more then willing to work with you. They treat you like a human not a number and always want the best for their patients. I would highly recommend them!
Our initial consultation was about $400. That included a baseline ultrasound and some blood work up. The iui will be about $1200 for injectable medications and 2000 for services
Minneapolis

I was incredibly impressed with her[Dr. Meg Hopeman] knowledge, care and willingness to walk us through all and any questions we had...after looking over our files she was able to see that in fact, my husband had low motility and numbers...our scheduled IVF cycle has been cancelled [due to covid]...[new patient advice] Come with your list of questions, but be prepared to have them all answered
We have had an incredibly experience with our Nursing Staff [of Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota], as we have had to call quite a bit for reschedules, updates, questions, etc during COVID-19. They have been understanding, compassionate and helpful...We were quoted $11,500 for 1 round of IVF and embryo preservation. This did not include ICSI or med costs...[clinic error]I do feel like there is a lack of communication between front desk staff and the nurses / care team
Because our scheduled IVF cycle has been cancelled, we can't give a full review of our experience with Dr. Hopeman yet - but I can say that I was incredibly impressed with her knowledge, care and willingness to walk us through all and any questions we had. We are hopeful that our cycle gets rescheduled soon and we can restart care under Dr. Hopeman.
Come with your list of questions, but be prepared to have them all answered before you can even ask them! Take a breath and know that you are in the right place.
After 2 1/2 years of trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 8 months of hormones with our local OBGYN - we were excited to travel to Minneapolis and get an infertility consult with Dr. Hopeman. We had been told up to this point that we had unexplained infertility. Minutes after looking over our files she was able to see that in fact, my husband had low motility and numbers - and was sad to see our local OB had even done the IUIs in the first place. She treated us with kindness and compassion - and never disrespected our OBGYN, even though she had found their errors. We knew immediately that she was the Doctor for us moving forward into IVF.
Our plan, before the cycle got canceled, was to use ICSI - because of male factor infertility - and the following protocals: - One month of birth control prep (end of March into April) - April 18th start Lupron (20 units AM) - April 28th start Follistim (225 iu SQ PM) Lupron (5 units AM) Menopur (75 iu SQ AM) - Possible egg retrieval between May 7 - 10th - Possible transfer week of May 11th Obviously, these dates no longer apply and we are waiting for a re-schedule date when the clinics reopen.
We have had an incredibly experience with our Nursing Staff, as we have had to call quite a bit for reschedules, updates, questions, etc during COVID-19. They have been understanding, compassionate and helpful.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
On our first visit, we were impressed with the appearance of the clinic - spacious, updated, a beautiful waiting room with large windows and comfortable seating. Our first impression was great. While we have been thrilled with our entire care team experience at CRM, there have been a few times when front desk workers have been a bit short with their responses. We have found it is easier to call the Nurse Line directly than to call and ask scheduling or front desk with any questions. I'm sure they are stressed out and inundated with calls during COVID-19 - but I would have appreciated a bit more care with our calls and questions. To us, this time feels anxious and scary - we're angry, heartbroken and confused. It would help to have front desk staff that acknowledges how hard this time is for their patients and doesn't get frustrated with them.
Specifically due to COVID-19: Our cycle appointments were slated to begin right as COVID-19 amped up in MN and unfortunately, we had to call several times to get updates ourselves and find out our RN consult was cancelled. I understand how hard and stressful this has been for clinics, so I don't want this to leave a bad taste in anyone's mouth looking for a possible clinic. However, I do feel like there is a lack of communication between front desk staff and the nurses / care team. I am constantly being told I cannot email or contact my Doctor by the main desk - but the Nurse line is more than willing to communicate with me and our Doctor. We continuously were told by the front desk that our appointments were fine - until we finally called the Nurse line and were informed that they were actually all cancelled and that someone should have called us. I want to stress that our experience has been nothing but excellent outside of this situation - which I am sure is due to the extreme changes COVID-19 is causing.

IUI With Other Docs
Dr. Casey was very open and explained our treatment plan well in depth. Never once did we ever question what was going to happen. She really made you feel like you were her only couple she was working with...She was always available to answer any questions and really made us feel comfortable while under her care...made sure to review our information before meeting with us so we always felt she really took the time to understands get patient's situations.
Overall I feel like the [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] clinic does a really good job at handling all aspects of their business...I never felt forgotten in a sea of people...the nurses are the main points of contact if there are any questions or anything, they really do a great job at making sure that you understand everything...show a lot of compassion towards their patients
Don't be afraid to ask questions. That is what she is there for. Just know that your treatment plan well be explained in depth and you'll feel and know that she truly cares about your outcome(s).
She was always available to answer any questions and really made us feel comfortable while under her care. She always made sure to review our information before meeting with us so we always felt she really took the time to understands get patient's situations.
I was under another doctor's care at the same office my first round of IVF and with how that cycle turned out, we decided to proceed with the same. I was on an antagonist protocol. I did Lupron 20 units then 5a day, menopur 150 units a day and then follistim 225 units a day. I also added in ganirelix for 5 days. I stimmed for 9 days and then had retrieval.
Since the nurses are the main points of contact if there are any questions or anything, they really do a great job at making sure that you understand everything and that you don't feel stupid for asking so many questions. They really do show a lot of compassion towards their patients which is so important when you're dealing with couples going through infertility.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Overall I feel like the clinic does a really good job at handling all aspects of their business. I never had an experience where something wasn't handled properly. They are very organized with everything and I felt when I needed any information or documents I was able to get it in a timely manner.
Since I live over 2 hours away from the clinic they were very accommodating with the time that I'd like to be there for my appointments. They do have a window of I believe four hours that monitoring has to be done in, but I never felt like it couldn't get in when it wasn't convenient for me. I felt that the appointments went very smoothly. Most of the time there weren't many people in the waiting room. I never felt forgotten in a sea of people.
For monitoring, retrieval AMD frozen embryo transfer we were upwards of$18,000 and then with our genetic testing was an addition $6,000.
Minneapolis

Dr Hopeman has a pleasant manner. She's compassionate and always sounds sincere but we did not get the results she so hopefully made us believe we would. She failed to listen to us every step of the way...She was against any testing up front...She negates every suggestion I have...it cost us hugely...near impossible to get to talk to the Dr herself...She failed to get all the information up front
The [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] clinic has a large reputation...Patients feel like a name in a chart. It feels like a revolving door. It's impossible to get questions answered quickly and easily. Everyone has a different version of things...They're chronically 20 minutes behind for every appointment. Appointment times are absolutely terrible and inflexible for working people.
Dr Hopeman has a pleasant manner. She's compassionate and always sounds sincere but we did not get the results she so hopefully made us believe we would. She failed to listen to us every step of the way. She was against any testing up front, claiming it wasn't necessary as it wasn't indicated.. how can she know that without doing the tests and ruling things out?! I finally had tests run to rule out issues AFTER a completely failed round of IVF. She negates every suggestion I have that I've learned from research and talking with others in similar circumstances. She failed to get all the information up front, before investing our entire one chance on a blind trial and it cost us hugely.
Advocate for yourself and stick to your guns.
there is very little communication about the plan, the results, the reasons for why things went like they did. There's no explanations, unless I specifically ask. I'm not called or checked up on. I rarely get responses. I always feel rushed and never feel listened to.
I used menopur, gonal F, ganirelix, and omnitrope (the human growth hormone). I started on low dose menopur but increased slightly throughout stims. It was believed I had PCOS (tested AFTER failed IVF to find out I DONT!), so my doses were kept low to avoid OHSS. I stimmed for 9 days and triggered day 9 when my largest follicle was 21mm. I had several small but mature follicles that ended up not being large enough to produce viable eggs. I triggered with an intramuscular.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota. (Assigned nurse: Dana Geving)
we felt really good meeting our nurse but quickly learned that she often failed to respond to emails or would take several days to respond. She only ever once reached out to check in on me.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The clinic has a large reputation but it comes with large corporate practices. Patients feel like a name in a chart. It feels like a revolving door. It's impossible to get questions answered quickly and easily. Everyone has a different version of things so it's really confusing to know what's true or what's happening. They're chronically 20 minutes behind for every appointment. Appointment times are absolutely terrible and inflexible for working people.
They were only done within a range of hours in the morning. The times absolutely did not work with my work schedule and they were unwilling to bend their flexibility.
We spent around $2500 total for a round of IUI that ended in a chemical. We moved to IVF and spent about $28,000, including $2500 for PGS testing. IVF completely failed so we finally ran a whole panel of tests coming to another few thousand. We also electively spent $1100 for HGH.
we only ended up having 1 day 5 embryo to even transfer but we planned to only do 1 this time anyway because our insurance coverage only covered a single.
I feel like I was always in the dark. I often didn't get test results and when I did, they were rarely explained. They were told to me as if I were a doctor and would understand. And more often than not, each person I spoke with had something drastically different to say. This happened always between the nurses and Dr Hopeman, but it was near impossible to get to talk to the Dr herself.
Minneapolis

Dr Lebovic is very responsive with questions and I could tell it was important to him I understood what was happening. If I sent him an email at night I had a responsive before 8am the next day, even on weekends! I did not have problems with him personally however I wish I was able to see/talk to him more and that he would have been the one who did my egg retrieval
The people [at Center for Reproductive Medicine] are all very nice but the communication in general has been terrible...they didn’t call me with results/information (such as when to trigger)...The people are nice and seem to care, but I have constantly been frustrated with the clinic and the processes...The nurses were very kind however they struggled with communication.
How was your experience with Dan Lebovic at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Dan Lebovic at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Use his email and contact him directly when you have questions/concerns
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Dan Lebovic at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
When working with Dr Lebovic directly I felt very much like a person who mattered, however my interactions with him were very limited and the rest of the time I felt like a number because of the poor communication
Describe the protocols Dan Lebovic used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
I was on menopur and follistim for my stims, my trigger wasn’t supposed to be ovidrel but got switched last minute to lupron to avoid OHSS. I was also on several medications after retrieval to avoid OHSS (cabergaline and something else I don’t remember). I did avoid getting OHSS but also ended up with a lot of extra medicine I wish I hadn’t had to buy (I responded very well to the follistim so the dose had to be reduced). For transfer I am an OCPs, lupron, estradiol, aspirin and progesterone in oil. The lupron got added because I had breakthrough ovulation on OCPs alone.
The nurses were very kind however they struggled with communication. I was given a great, detailed timeline that said after my retrieval in November by transfer would be in January, however it then never got scheduled!
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The people are all very nice but the communication in general has been terrible. My transfer was supposed to be in January, didn’t get scheduled. Then scheduled for February, but they didn’t give me enough meds so I ovulated, then April but again I ovulated, pushed a week and then Covid happened so now who knows. Additionally, this is probably more about my dr, but I was made to buy several hundred dollars of medicine I didn’t need because I was overstimulating. The weekend of my retrieval I had to call the on call doctor twice bc they didn’t call me before the clinic closed with critical information (such as what time to trigger). The people are nice and seem to care, but I have constantly been frustrated with the clinic and the processes.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Dan Lebovic at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
I don’t remember
As I already stated, appointments didn’t get scheduled when they said they would, they didn’t call me with results/information (such as when to trigger) and they struggled with communication as a whole
Dan Lebovic

2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Lebovic is incredible kind and makes the time to personally call with any "bad" news rather than leave it up to the nurses... I really appreciated his attention to my hormone levels and follicle results as I was at high risk for OHSS. He called me personally whenever there was a concern to explain things to me...My husband started with Clomid (male factor)...
[Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] Strengths - individual plans, well organized, kind and compassionate Weaknesses - none Other - if you want to see the same nurse every time, this is not the clinic for you, but the nurses communicate well and stay well organized...12 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 10 fertilized, 8 blastocysts, 1 transferred, 7 frozen
I felt like I was in great hands with Dr. Lebovic. I really appreciated his attention to my hormone levels and follicle results as I was at high risk for OHSS. He called me personally whenever there was a concern to explain things to me.
Don't expect to see him every appointment, but he is always available for phone calls if you need to speak to him.
My husband started with Clomid (male factor) - this was a low percentage chance that it could increase his sperm counts - it did not work. We tried IUI once - our expectations were set low, but he suggested trying it just to rule it out. IVF with fresh embryo transfer - 12 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 10 fertilized, 8 blastocysts, 1 transferred, 7 frozen - resulted in chemical pregnancy. Fresh Embryo Transfer - in progress
Nurses are all kind and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Strengths - individual plans, well organized, kind and compassionate Weaknesses - none Other - if you want to see the same nurse every time, this is not the clinic for you, but the nurses communicate well and stay well organized. You also may not have the doctor managing your plan perform your procedure (egg retrieval, embryo transfer, etc), but all of the doctors are compassionate and easy to work with.
IVF with ICSI and egg freezing, plus baseline ultrasound and extra ultrasound for longer cycle monitoring - $15,500, prescriptions - $4000 Frozen Transfer - $4900, prescriptions - $100 IUI - $500 Sperm testing - $250
Describe Dan Lebovic's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Our clinic and doctor encourage single transfers - they will do multiples, but we never had interest in multiple. Our outlook with single is good, we have quite a few frozen embryos and the cost of doing one more transfer vs. having twins is not worth it to us.
Dan Lebovic

2018 - 2020, Unsuccessful
[nurse of Center of Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] They walk you through each part of the process and give knowledgeable answers to your questions...The staff is friendly and have everything you need ready to sign when you arrive. Service is prompt and often times if you show up for bloodwork a little before your appointment, they can squeeze you in early. Children are not permitted in the waiting area due to privacy reasons.
Meg Hopeman has a calm, cool nature about her. She makes you feel calm in the storm of infertility. She is blunt but gentle when talking about treatments. She makes you feel optimistic but gently reinforces the realities that come with infertility. One downfall is that she was only there for the post treatment ultrasounds. She did not perform any of the procedures.
Dr. Hopeman will likely not be the one performing your procedures but she has always been around to answer questions via phone or in person consultation. Even after not seeing me for a few months, when I called she was still knowledgeable about my situation. If you are ok with her not being there for procedures but keeping in touch to follow up, I would highly recommend Meg Hopeman
From the moment I stepped in to Meg Hopeman’s office, I felt a sense of calm in the ever brewing storm of infertility. Right away, she had reviewed all the information and had a plan laid out for us. She was cautiously optimistic. Each cycle of IUI, she was present and ready to answer questions, following up after each miscarriage to see how I was coping and letting me know, she was ready when I was.
During our initial consultation, Dr. Hopeman said she liked to start with the least invasive procedures first. Based on the test results given to her by my primary care doctor and by my gynecologist, she determined that starting with Clomid and an IUI procedure would be best since based on the test results there was no reason I shouldn’t be getting pregnant. Since January 2019, I have had 3 IUI’s and a surprise pregnancy. Two of the IUI’s resulted in a miscarriage and one in a negative pregnancy test. The surprise pregnancy also resulted in a miscarriage.
From the beginning, the nursing staff was great! They walk you through each part of the process and give knowledgeable answers to your questions. Like many others who have gone before me, my treatments were unsuccessful. During the discovery of this, the nursing staff was so kind and gentle. Handing me tissues to wipe away my tears and a hug at the end of the appointment. They also followed up with resources a few days later to help me navigate my grief.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The whole fourth floor of the building is taken by the different aspects of the Center for Reproductive Medicine, from the ultrasound rooms to the male androgyny labs.The waiting room greets you as soon as you step off the elevator and is clean and quiet. The staff is friendly and have everything you need ready to sign when you arrive. Service is prompt and often times if you show up for bloodwork a little before your appointment, they can squeeze you in early. Children are not permitted in the waiting area due to privacy reasons.
My husband and I are fortunate to have insurance to help cover a majority of the costs with our IUI’s. Totaling meds, the procedure and the subsequent D&C’s needed after my miscarriages, I would estimate that we spent around $4,000 in 2019.
At this moment, this is not an option we have discussed.
Minneapolis

We really trust Dr.Hopeman. She has been upfront, candid, and honest. She provides hope while not sugar coating things. She does a great job of providing facts and statistics. ... Male factor: one natural IUI, 2 IUIs with clomid, one IUI with femara, one IUI with injectables. One IVF retrieval, resulted in 2 embryos. ... There are always more options and things to try, which I greatly appreciate. We are always talking about the future plan if the current plan doesn't work. I really appreciate that aspect, as I wanted to make sure that there was still a future to be excited for
It [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] is in a downtown area, so traffic getting to and from the clinic can be a challenge for early morning appointments. There is a lot of consistency with the front desk staff, lab drawers, and ultrasound techs, and I enjoyed getting to know them and them getting to know me. ... There was one time where i needed a refill of a medication and it was not called into the pharmacy on time. I was able to get an emergency refill. However in the years i've been going there, this has only happened once.
We really trust Dr.Hopeman. She has been upfront, candid, and honest. She provides hope while not sugar coating things. She does a great job of providing facts and statistics. There are always more options and things to try, which I greatly appreciate. We are always talking about the future plan if the current plan doesn't work. I really appreciate that aspect, as I wanted to make sure that there was still a future to be excited for even if the current cycle didn't work. After failed cycles, she has come back with thoughtful insights on what happened and what our options were going forward.
Take the time to understand the full extent of her knowledge! I recommend taking notes to keep everything organized.
She always remembered my current situation, and would ask me about details in my personal life. She was always thoughtful and took lots of time to explain things to me and my husband.
They are all nice and willing to take any questions I had back to my doctor.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
It is in a downtown area, so traffic getting to and from the clinic can be a challenge for early morning appointments. There is a lot of consistency with the front desk staff, lab drawers, and ultrasound techs, and I enjoyed getting to know them and them getting to know me.
Unsure.
Minneapolis

[Dr. Colleen Casey] was very thorough in our initial consultation...was a matter of fact, no bs, tells you how it is and what your chances are with scientific research to back it up... I walked in with tears and ended up smiling and laughing during our consultation...We did ICSI and PGS...the doctor you consult with may or may not do your egg retrieval and transfer
some of the nurses [at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] got frustrated with me at my visits because I was always the one with a notebook and pen...the doctor you consult with may or may not do your egg retrieval and transfer... the lab is in house! The only time we experienced outside labs was with PGS...The total for both rounds of IVF cost us $45,000
I remember the day we went in for our consultation with Dr. Casey. I walked in with tears and ended up smiling and laughing during our consultation. The reason why my husband and I liked her so much from that moment was that she was a matter of fact, no bs, tells you how it is and what your chances are with scientific research to back it up. This is exactly what we were looking for. We didn’t need a doctor who was going to hug us, cry with us, and lead us down a road with unclear expectations.
Go into your consultation with questions and know you'll receive direct answers.
She was very thorough in our initial consultation and exactly what we were looking for in a doctor. She's not going to hug you or cry with you, but she'll give you her honest opinion and scientific research when asking her questions.
Menopur 150iu, Gonal F 300 iu, Ganirelix 250 mcg, HCG 10,000 units We did ICSI and PGS
My wish was that CRM designated a nurse to you instead of seeing and talking to a different nurse at each visit/phone call. I advise everyone to be your own advocate wherever you choose to go. I could tell some of the nurses got frustrated with me at my visits because I was always the one with a notebook and pen in hand and questioning everything. I tracked every lab, ultrasound, and every bit of information I was given and compared notes at each appointment. As a patient in any medical setting, I believe it’s your job to advocate for yourself and not be naive and rely on a medical team to have your best interest in mind.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
At first I didn't realize the doctor you consult with may or may not do your egg retrieval and transfer. The doctors rotate since this is a 24/7 type of procedure happening. I don't recall this being communicated to me, but had a good experience with the doctors that ended up doing my 2 retrievals and 1 transfer. It would be nice if the nurses showed some compassion since this is such an emotional experience. I love that the lab is in house! The only time we experienced outside labs was with PGS.
The total for both rounds of IVF cost us $45,000 out of pocket.
Again, be your own advocate. I was frustrated a few times with the front desk after being told by Dr. Casey and a nurse to book an appointment at checkout. On more than one occasion, the front desk scheduler told me there were no available appointments and that I would go on a waiting list. (these are time-sensitive appointments and a waitlist is unacceptable. I called the nurse line and the nurse ended up booking the appointments.

2020, Unsuccessful
LGBTQ+
I felt like a number by the simple fact that Dr Damario didn't listen to me. He also barely said a word to me when I had my first in person interaction/exam...He didn't go over the previous diagnosis he gave me or any possibility of treatment plan. I had to call the clinic weeks later just to find out I needed an appointment to get my results..
I had no interaction with nursing staff beyond when I called 2 weeks after my appointment to get my testing results. No one told me I even needed an appointment until I had called...The St Paul location was not helpful at all. Minneapolis location was great until my insurance forced me to transfer care. For example, the staff at Minneapolis tried to get approval from my insurance to allow me to continue to be seen. They also listened to me when I cried on the phone when I first found out about my insurance. They made it very easy to transfer care to another clinic. Forms were completed right away.
Because of Covid19, my first consult was on the phone. I was given a diagnosis of PCOS without any sort of physical exam or diagnostic testing. I was extremely frustrated with my interaction, but went in for an exam anyway. The phlebotomist drawing my blood seemed to care more about me than Dr Damario! During my ultrasound, he didn't say much beyond how everything looked normal. He didn't go over the previous diagnosis he gave me or any possibility of treatment plan. I had to call the clinic weeks later just to find out I needed an appointment to get my results. I was not happy. It wasn't until failed attempts at home that I realized I had to go back. I was able to transfer to the Minneapolis clinic. Proof that Dr Damario didn't listen to me? The new doctor went over his notes and had NO IDEA my husband is transgender. Funny how he was so focused on me paying for in office treatments and donor sperm, but couldn't factor in that my husband doesn't have any. Furthermore, I am currently dealing with the confusion as to why Dr Damario saw a normal number of follicles (5-7) and a normal uterus whereas my new clinic saw over 30 follicles and a slightly heart shaped uterus. That's a pretty big change even factoring in a few days difference in my cycle. (The higher count was seen earlier in my cycle, but only by a couple days.)
Go to the Minneapolis clinic. Don't bother seeing Dr Damario at the St Paul location.
There was no plan beyond purchasing donor sperm and having IUI done in office. Since my infertility was not properly diagnosed, I was not given the medications I am on now. 10 days of 400mg progesterone (to induce a period) 5 days of 5mg letrozole (once they determine I am ready) 1 250mcg Ovidrel injection (used before IUI) I have yet to use all 3 medications because it is unknown if my body will be producing viable eggs.
How competent was Mark Damario at LGBTQ+ care?
He never noted in my charts that my husband is transgender. Without any diagnostic work done for myself, I already had male factor infertility that should've been accounted for. Plus, when I went to another doctor at the Minneapolis location, she had no idea about my situation.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
My two visits ended up costing under $200 after my insurance. There were billing issues, though. I paid one bill and an updated bill arrived later with an additional cost. It was explained as insurance sometimes takes awhile to complete a claim.
How competent was Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota at LGBTQ+ care?
I did not see any resources in the waiting area nor did any staff offer information when I told them my husband is transgender.
Describe your experience using 3rd party reproduction (donor eggs, donor sperm, or gestational carrier) at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
I never had the chance to use donor sperm at this clinic because I transferred care.
I probably would've transferred to the Minneapolis location sooner had I known I could. With that in mind, I could've also had treatment started in 2020. I still can't believe I had to call them to find out my results. What would've happened if I hadn't called??

2020, Unsuccessful
I saw Dr. K for a consult and then continued on with a couple IUI cycles. Although they failed, Dr. K never reached out or told me what we were going to do differently. I never saw him besides the initial consult. He also was dismissive toward my opinion on what my fertility issues were. Although I have read books about my hormones and fertility issues, he made it seem as though all of the information I ever read was false and laughable. He wasn't rude about it, but it was a little demeaning.
Overall, the [Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota] staff is hit or miss. Some of the front desk employees are sweet and welcoming, others are cold. I found the lack of communication from my doctor throughout the process very disappointing. It felt like they didn't care about whether my cycle was successful or not. It felt like they were going to push through any cycle regardless if everything looked good or not.
I chose Dr. K because I had heard lots of people love him. They said he was compassionate and had a warm bedside manner. My consult with him went ok, but I didn't feel like my opinion or my questions were fully welcomed. I may have caught him on an off day, but I haven't seen or heard from him since I had my consult with him almost 5 months ago. I'm sure he is busy with IVF patients, but it felt like since I was "only doing IUI" I wasn't important enough to keep up with.
Make sure you're fully onboard with a minimal treatment plan and basically having the nurses as your doctor instead of Dr. K.
First IUI cycle I was on 2.5 of femara with a trigger shot. It only resulted in one mature follicle. The nurse told me to trigger that night (right away without consulting with Dr. K, even though he told me that he wanted 2-3). The trigger shot was scheduled to be taken between 6-8pm that night before the IUI was even scheduled, so the timing was not the typical "36 hours." I was told by the nurses that the timing didn't matter. This cycle didn't work and I believe they missed ovulation. Second cycle the nurses bumped me up to 5mg of femara and a trigger shot. It resulted in 3 follicles, and once again the nurse told me to trigger that night between 6-8pm before even knowing when the IUI would be scheduled. This also resulted in a negative test. I never had blood work drawn once. I was also told progesterone wasn't proven to help women sustain pregnancy, so it was not recommended for me to take it.
My first cycle I didn't care for my nursing staff. They were very cold and didn't seem to be happy to work there. The second round I had fantastic, sweet, and caring nurses!
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
Overall, the staff is hit or miss. Some of the front desk employees are sweet and welcoming, others are cold. I found the lack of communication from my doctor throughout the process very disappointing. It felt like they didn't care about whether my cycle was successful or not. It felt like they were going to push through any cycle regardless if everything looked good or not.
My IUIs were around 1,250, not including medication.
My doctor initially told me they would run some bloodwork throughout my cycle, but it was never ordered. I asked about it and they said it wasn't necessary. I was also told by my doctor that my IUI would be 36 hours after my trigger shot, and was told that the timing wasn't important. This was disappointing especially since they weren't confirming that I was ovulating with bloodwork or more ultrasounds.