LGBTQ+ Care
LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

Lexington
Savannah, GA 31406
Summerville
342 Brighton Park Blvd.
Summerville, SC 29486

We will be starting the IVF process in a few weeks as he [Dr. John Schnorr] recommended...He was very kind and answered my questions. He was sympathetic and out me at ease about moving forward with IVF...overall I though he was great...I liked him and thought he was very knowledgeable. I wish we had more one-on-one time for more in-depth questions. I felt comfortable with him and think he will be great once we officially start the IVF process in a few weeks.
Testing [at Coastal Fertility Specialists was]- $2,000...I have had a good experience so far. The doctors, nurses and staff are all very kind and compassionate. They work with your schedule and are very helpful. The Lexington SC office isn't open for full days like the Mt Pleasant office, but they do their best to accommodate you...Cherub [nurse] was very knkwledable and helpful in answering questions. I felt a little rushed with her in the office, but she is great a returning calls and answering questions.
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Come with your questions prepared ahead of time if you can.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
He was very kind and answered my questions. He was sympathetic and out me at ease about moving forward with IVF. I wish we had more one-on-one time, but overall I though he was great.
Describe the protocols John Schnorr used in your cycles at Coastal Fertility Specialists and their degree of success.
We will be starting the IVF process in a few weeks as he recommended.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Cherub Hutto)
Cherub was very knkwledable and helpful in answering questions. I felt a little rushed with her in the office, but she is great a returning calls and answering questions.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Testing- $2,000
Describe John Schnorr's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Coastal Fertility Specialists.
My husband and I want to transfer only one embryo at a time, and he is fine with that.
Mount Pleasant

Dr. Schnorr has a great bedside manner. He explained things clearly and with enough detail for us to understand. He was professional and caring. We only met with him once for our initial consultation but it was a good meeting and he made me feel like we were in the right place...Letrozole(2.5) for 4 days then Gonal F (37.5) followed by the trigger shot on our 1st round. The 2nd round was similar but we did the Gonal F longer I believe.
The staff in the Mt. Pleasant office [of Coastal Fertility Specialists] are very friendly. They called when I needed to speak to them even if it was after normal business hours...Andrea [nurse] was very sweet and demonstrated that she cared...Each IUI process cost roughly 1500-2000 including medications and visits...The Myrtle Beach office has a nurse that is a bit dry and not overly friendly. She does her job well but appeared to get frustrated when I asked questions regarding my treatment plans. The staff in the Mt. Pleasant office have always been very friendly. We felt very comfortable there.
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Go into your appointment with an open mind and try to stay positive.
The staff in the Mt. Pleasant office are very friendly. They called when I needed to speak to them even if it was after normal business hours.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Andrea Hall)
Andrea was very sweet and demonstrated that she cared. She called even after hours and answered all of my questions.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Each IUI process cost roughly 1500-2000 including medications and visits.
we did not do this yet.
Mount Pleasant

She's [Dr. Cook] very thorough and has excellent bedside manner. Ive always felt respected and understood in my appointments with her. She's always willing to take the time to answer any questions we have and always explains every situation in detail to help us be informed at every step of the process. ... She's very kind and takes the time to explain everything and answer any questions. Ive never felt rushed
We switched to this clinic [Coastal Fertility Specialists] after not being happy with another clinic and are so happy we did! Everyone is so kind and helpful. We love the staff and have never had any issues. We highly recommend them! ... Kelly [nurse] is always very quick to respond to me and always willing to answer any questions we have. She's been incredibly supportive and our "guiding light" in all this chaos of infertility.
How was your experience with Heather Cook at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
She's very thorough and has excellent bedside manner. Ive always felt respected and understood in my appointments with her. She's always willing to take the time to answer any questions we have and always explains every situation in detail to help us be informed at every step of the process.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Heather Cook at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
You're very lucky to have her as your doctor!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Heather Cook at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Kelly Mollison)
Kelly is always very quick to respond to me and always willing to answer any questions we have. She's been incredibly supportive and our "guiding light" in all this chaos of infertility.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
We switched to this clinic after not being happy with another clinic and are so happy we did! Everyone is so kind and helpful. We love the staff and have never had any issues. We highly recommend them!
Mount Pleasant

Dr. Cook's expertise, compassion, and confidence set us at ease when coming to terms with our infertility. She throughly explained our treatment options, risks, and expectations. We have never felt rushed, pressured, or dismissed during our interactions and meetings. ... Our trearment seems to have followed a prerry standard course so far. Prescreenings, labs, an HSG to obtain a visual of any structural issues, and medications. We are in the early stages of the first cycle.
Every member of the staff [Coastal Fertility Specialists] has been kind and understanding, and patiently answered questions. They really make you feel as if they are peraonally invested in your positive outcome. ... Becky has always taken the time to explain and guide use through the process. Again, we have never felt rushed, pressured or dismissed during interactions.
How was your experience with Heather Cook at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Communicate with your care team. It is OK to ask questions, any questions, to make informed decisions about your care. Most importantly, be upfront and honest. There is no judgment, only compassion and an obvious desire to help from Dr. Cook.
Dr. Cook is always willing to answer any question with patience. We have never felt rushed or dismissed during our meetings.
Describe the protocols Heather Cook used in your cycles at Coastal Fertility Specialists and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Becky)
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
We have had nothing short pleasant and professional experiences with Dr. Cook and the Coastal Fertility Specialists team. Every member of the staff has been kind and understanding, and patiently answered questions. They really make you feel as if they are peraonally invested in your positive outcome.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Heather Cook at Coastal Fertility Specialists.
We opted to utilize the Attain 2-cycle program with a possible refund if unsuccessful. Coastal Fertility Specialists has worked with our insurance, and has helped to reduce our out-of-pocket costs wherever possible.
Describe Heather Cook's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Coastal Fertility Specialists.
With the cost of IVF, we originally expressed a desire to have multiple embryos transferred during our cycles. After speaking with Dr. Cook, and listening to her explanation of the process and rationales reguarding single vs multiple transfers, we feel confident that Dr. Cook has our best interests in mind when the time comes to choose which route to take.
Mount Pleasant

While being under Dr Cook’s care, I have always felt like I was in the best possible hands I could be. Our situation is different than some with unexplained infertility. Every month seems to be a new learning experience with how my body reacts to medicines or naturally. She is always right on top of my care and adapting with what fits my needs beat each month. I trust her 100% and have full confidence in her which is so important when you’re dealing with infertility.
They’re [Coastal Fertility Specialists] all great. All members of the clinic are very well organized, knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with. I have no complaints whatsoever with any part of the clinic from the nurses to the billing to the lab techs. ... Whitney, along with all the nurses and staff are fantastic. They’re caring and sensitive to the situation we are in. I can call Whitney with a question and my call is always returned the same day, most time within the hour. I couldn’t ask for a better support system!
How was your experience with Heather Cook at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Be open and honest and ask as many questions as you have. She is a wealth of knowledge and will make sure you understand completely.
Dr Cook and her staff are all very supportive and sensitive to my situation. It is hard to not lose hope when you’re dealing with a situation where you wants a family more than anything. They have always been caring and I’ve always felt comfortable to ask them any questions and voice any concerns with a quick and thorough response.
My spouse and I had been trying for almost 4 years with 1 pregnancy which resulted in miscarrriage. After our consult with Dr Cook, we went straight into IUI with GonalF injections 75. Ovidrel shot and IUI. We were blessed with a positive result. We lost our baby girl at 15 weeks due to triploidy. We tried to mimic a second cycle with the same protocol as the first with a negative result. Our third planned cycle, we were unable to utilize our Gonal F as I had a follicle which was already at nature stage with high estrodril levels on CD 5. Our third cycle. We started monitoring right away and injections early to try to preven a repeat of the previous cycle. We grew 2 16s and 2 14s due to her new protocol! We had to aspirate one of the smaller follicles as Dr Cook did not want to risk my health or health of multiple children if all follicles matured to released eggs. Ovidrel shot and IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Whitney )
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
They’re all great. All members of the clinic are very well organized, knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with. I have no complaints whatsoever with any part of the clinic from the nurses to the billing to the lab techs.
A cycle of IUI with labs, ultrasound, monitoring and the actual IUI procedure cost approximately $2500.00. This does not include medications.
Mount Pleasant

For my most recent IUI Dr. Schnorr used the lowest possible doses of medications to give room to increase for future treatments if necessary. ... Dr. Schnorr seems very knowledgeable and has much better bedside manor than my previous infertility doctor. I do talk to and see my nurse, the phlebotomists, and ultrasound technicians [Coastal Fertility Specialists] far more than I see Dr. Schnorr himself.
This clinic [Coastal Fertility Specialists] is definitely busy and big, but it does not feel overwhelmingly big to where it feels like a “fertility factory” or like you get lost in the mass of other people there for treatment. By being assigned to my own nurse it makes the treatment feel very personalized and made me feel comfortable having the same person to touch base with for any questions/concerns.
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Schnorr seems very knowledgeable and has much better bedside manor than my previous infertility doctor. I do talk to and see my nurse, the phlebotomists, and ultrasound technicians far more than I see Dr. Schnorr himself. I feel more that my nurse is in charge of my care and treatment plan than Dr. Schnorr is as we only saw him during our initial consultation. The IUI that I recently had (my first & only thus far) was performed by another doctor in the practice.
Be prepared to get a lot of information on your first visit and to not see the doctor very much - this hasn’t been something that has bothered me as I feel my nurse has been very knowledgeable and helpful throughout my treatment. But, I do acknowledge that this may not be a style that others like in a fertility specialist.
I feel like a human at Coastal Fertility in large part because of my nurse, Whitney. She is fast to respond to emails or call me to answer every question I have. Whitney never tells me she needs to look up my file, but rather knows exactly who I am when we get on the phone and has quick responses.
For my most recent IUI Dr. Schnorr used the lowest possible doses of medications to give room to increase for future treatments if necessary. I take Metformin 500mg 3x/day. At the start of my treatment I took letrozole 2.5mg for CD 3-7, then started 37.5iu injections of Gonal F nightly while being monitored with ultrasounds and bloodwork every couple of days for CD 7-15. I started with a few follicles and ended up with 1 egg at appropriate size for ovulation and IUI. On CD 16 I did the Ovidrel trigger shot for an IUI on CD 18, then began prometrium suppositories on CD 20. We just found out that this cycle did not result in a pregnancy but we are ready to try another cycle with Coastal Fertility for our second IUI
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Whitney Hoertz)
Whitney is amazing at responding quickly and compassionately to all of my questions. The rest of the nursing staff is also incredibly friendly and makes me smile every time I’m in there for monitoring.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
This clinic is definitely busy and big, but it does not feel overwhelmingly big to where it feels like a “fertility factory” or like you get lost in the mass of other people there for treatment. By being assigned to my own nurse it makes the treatment feel very personalized and made me feel comfortable having the same person to touch base with for any questions/concerns.
My insurance covered the majority of the costs associated with our IUI cycle and diagnosis.
LGBTQ+
Dr Slowey has always been straight forward with my diagnosis and treatment plan while also providing professional and sympathetic bed manners. I truly appreciate his patience with myself and my partner in our journey to parenthood. He has provided the upmost care to both of us. ... I am a plus size patient and was worried he wouldn’t be able to assist me. Though he was extremely patient and guided me in the correct and healthy way to manage my weight so the outcome would be, healthy mom, healthy baby.
The clinic has many strengths as to being available for IUI procedures 7 days a week, so there’s never a chance to miss ovulation! Only weakness is I wish that we would have been notified of all the price changes on the upcoming new year. ... Allison has been over the moon amazing! She has answered every single phone call and email in a timely fashion and has always shown compassion and sympathy. She is truly a gem!
How was your experience with Michael Slowey at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
When my partner and I had our first consultation in Dec 2017, I was so nervous! I am a plus size patient and was worried he wouldn’t be able to assist me. Though he was extremely patient and guided me in the correct and healthy way to manage my weight so the outcome would be, healthy mom, healthy baby. Once I began losing weight in a timely manner, he showed me so much encouragement to help me continue to better myself so that our future child could have a healthy future.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Slowey at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
I wouldn’t say I have any specific advice for Dr. Slowey, but I would have enjoyed seeing him at the Myrtle Beach office where my home is located.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Slowey at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Describe the protocols Michael Slowey used in your cycles at Coastal Fertility Specialists and their degree of success.
The first cycle of IUI we used ovulation induction with 2.5 MG of Letrozole. Unfortunately an unsuccesful outcome. However we are current in our second IUI with 5 MG of Letrozole and Ovidrel trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Allison R.)
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Slowey at Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Unfortunately my insurance did not cover any costs of any preliminary testing or the procedures so every penny came out of pocket. I understand everyone needs to make money, especially a business. It’s a little disheartening to spend thousands of dollars without a larger guarantee of a live birth. We are close to have spent $6000. Unfortunately after two cycles of IUI we may have to take a break and try again in another year.
Mount Pleasant

Dr. Slowey is very professional and knowledgeable. I really enjoyed his bedside manner when i actually got to interact with him. He seems to care and took my wants and desires into consideration when it came time to jump into IVF. ... Trust the process and don’t expect to see him every appointment or even every other ... My husband and I were counseled that there were certain scenarios that Dr. Slowey would not transfer more than 1 embryo
I feel like Coastal Fertility has too many offices. While I benefitted from one of these satillite offices there was some confusion on where my second Fet was. I showed up to an office 2 hours from where my embryo was. ... Coastal has 3 amazing and knowledgeable physicians and wonderful embryologists. The clinic is up to date on all the latest studies.
How was your experience with Michael Slowey at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Most of my interactions were with a nurse, which was fine, but if I had a direct question I either had to wait for the nurse to get in contact with my doctor or set up an additional appointment (out of my pocket) to discuss things directly with him.
I do not remember the exact dosage but I was on birth control, gonal f, cetrotide, Lupron, progesterone (injectable & suppository), estrogen, prenatal. My egg retrieval yielded 30 eggs, 26 fertilized normally and only 4 survived to day 5. pgs results: 2 normal, 1 abnormal 1 mosaic Fet #1: lining was roughly 7mm & we transferred the highest quality of my 2 normal embryos. Resulted in a negative pregnancy test Requested an ERA which discovered we were transferring at the correct time Fet #2: didn’t change protocol lining was roughly 8.5mm. Transferred my last normal embryo. Resulted in a positive pregnancy test, healthy pregnancy and baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Heather )
Heather was very professional and knowledgeable in her job. The fact that she herself had gone through IVF made me more at ease, she could relate to me. At the time of my egg retrieval I was a full time college student. Heather and her coworkers would go above and beyond to accommodate my limited schedule by opening their doors 15-30 minutes early for me to receive my necessary blood work and scans.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
I feel like Coastal Fertility has too many offices. While I benefitted from one of these satillite offices there was some confusion on where my second Fet was. I showed up to an office 2 hours from where my embryo was. Luckily Dr. Slowey and his team were still able to proceed with the transfer which resulted in my son. Coastal has 3 amazing and knowledgeable physicians and wonderful embryologists. The clinic is up to date on all the latest studies.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Weekday monitoring I was given an appointment at my satellite clinic. Saturday monitoring was first come first serve at my satellite clinic. Sunday monitoring was only held at the Mt. Pleasant clinic, first come first serve.
IVF (including 2 Fet’s): roughly $12,000 (I had partial insurance coverage & this does not include medication) PGS: $3,400 ERA: roughly $500
Describe Michael Slowey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Coastal Fertility Specialists.
My husband and I were counseled that there were certain scenarios that Dr. Slowey would not transfer more than 1 embryo. In my case he did not feel comfortbale doing so. I was 27 at the time of egg retrieval, had been pregnant a total of 3 times prior with 1 live birth. To top it off we decided to do pgs to decrease our chance of miscarriage. I believe Dr. Slowey 100% made the right call in our case.
Mount Pleasant
After meeting with Dr. Schnorr, we knew that we were ready to jump right into the procedures. We started with the birth control and then advanced into the injections. He mentioned that because of my age (35) we would be somewhat aggressive with the meds. ... We really appreciated Dr. Schnorr’s ability to create a well balanced patient/doctor relationship. He was able to show compassion, but also be direct and honest with all the information. We always felt very comfortable knowing exactly what the next step was.
We had an amazing experience! The clinic [Coastal Fertility Specialists] provided quick, efficient care during appointments. The financial department was organized and had everything laid out for us. There were no surprises in terms of bills. This was something we had a difficult time with at a previous clicnic that we had been to, so we were so relieved to see how organized it was with Dr. Schnorr and his staff.
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
It can be an intimidating appointment to make, but was once you go and meet with Dr. Schnorr, you will feel at ease and will be ready to start your journey!
He really took the time to explicitly review all the information. We never felt rushed.
After meeting with Dr. Schnorr, we knew that we were ready to jump right into the procedures. We started with the birth control and then advanced into the injections. He mentioned that because of my age (35) we would be somewhat aggressive with the meds. He also recommended genetic testing, which we agreed would be a good choice. After the round of injections, my retrieval was completed with Dr. Slowey, who did a fantastic job. We retrieved 16 eggs, which is the most I had ever retrieved before with my previous IVF cycles at another practice. Out of 16, 12 made it to the final stage. We sent the 12 off for genetic testing and 6 came back as “normal”. We were very happy with the results. Dr. Schnorr transfered one embryo and it took the first time! I’m currently 27 weeks pregnant and we couldn’t be happier with the quick and relatively easy process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Jessica and Beth)
Jessica and Beth were the nurses that I worked with. Jessica was my primary nurse and Beth did my blood work and ultrasounds at the satellite location. (Which is amazing my the way!) They were both incredibly compassionate and helpful. They returned phone calls within hours and reported blood work within hours.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
We had an amazing experience! The clinic provided quick, efficient care during appointments. The financial department was organized and had everything laid out for us. There were no surprises in terms of bills. This was something we had a difficult time with at a previous clicnic that we had been to, so we were so relieved to see how organized it was with Dr. Schnorr and his staff.
We did have some questions about transferring one embryo versus two embryos. Originally we had wanted to put in two embryos, however after talking with Dr. Schnorr, we felt that one would be a better option. He explained explicitly the process with genetic testing and how it offered a much better chance of having a successful transfer and pregnancy. We’re glad that we went that route because having multiples would most likely have been a much harder pregnancy, considering I had preeclampsia with my first child.
2013 - 2018, Successful
I felt as though he [Dr. Slowey] treated us and not just our diagnosis. ... He was clear with recommendations as far as treatment and why. We didn’t feel rushed during our visits and explained pros and cons. When a cycle did not result in a pregnancy he discussed recommendations moving forward and expressed his sympathies. While we were going through our first IVF cycle I might have appreciated an additional consult or two as part of the cycle but overall was very satisfied.
Overall everyone we interacted with [Coastal Fertility Specialists] from billing to techs to the nurses and doctor were thorough, well spoken, compassionate, and professional ... Allison [nurse] explained the steps of each cycle well as we approached each step. She was thorough as well as compassionate. Each person we interacted with from billing to techs were rooting for us, easy to communicate with, friendly and professional.
How was your experience with Michael Slowey at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions and be involved
I felt as though he treated us and not just our diagnosis. When we had a failed cycle he called to express his sympathies and celebrated with us when we were successful. He spoke respectfully and answered any questions we had.
Initially he recommended IVF due to low sperm count and morphology. When my husband had a higher count as a result of hormone treatments (hcg), we tried an IUI. Unfortunately it was canceled as all of the eggs were growing on the side where I had a blocked tube. So we moved forward to IVF/egg retrieval. I used Follistim in attempt to stimulate egg growth. Dosage varied. This was after a cycle of BCP. I responded well to the protocol (I don’t remember specifics as it was 2013) and they retrieved 23 eggs which resulted in 10 embryos all rated 4 aa/ab/bc. We did a fresh transfer of two day 5 embryos and it resulted in a positive test with a live birth of fraternal twins. In 2018 we returned for a frozen embryo transfer. The cycle involves a round of birth control and then estrogen and progesterone. Estrogen for 12 days starting with 2 per day for 5 days, 4 per day for 4 days and 6 per day for 3 days. Afterwards there was an ultrasound to check the lining. Then began progesterone suppositories in addition to estrogen until transfer day. This was called the escalating estrogen protocol. Our first cycle we transferred one embryo. I remained on progesterone throughout at 3 per day. This cycle was negative. We attempted the next cycle the same way , transferred two embryos and the cycle was negative. A third two embryo transfer resulted in a positive test and live birth of fraternal twins.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Allison Ribiero )
Allison explained the steps of each cycle well as we approached each step. She was thorough as well as compassionate. Each person we interacted with from billing to techs were rooting for us, easy to communicate with, friendly and professional.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Biggest weakness for me was location as it was 50 min from home. They have recently added an additional office for testing which made the 2018 visits much easier. Overall everyone we interacted with from billing to techs to the nurses and doctor were thorough, well spoken, compassionate, and professional
Including medications the IVF cycle was around 11,000. Each FET was 3,101 not including medications. Embryo storage was 200 per year for 2 years and 300 per year afterwards.
Initially it was recommended I transfer only one embryo in 2013 given my age and risks of multiple pregnancy. In 2018 I chose a single transfer at first and for the next two cycles he expressed he would be comfortable transferring either one or two.
Mount Pleasant

Dr. Cook was excellent at explaining what we should expect throughout the process. She told us her opinion, but allowed us to make the final decisions. ... My husband had low morphology and motility so Dr. Cook recommended ICSI over traditional IVF and IUI because it would take the male infertility issue out of the equation.... She was respectful and encouraging.
The staff [Coastal Fertility Specialists] is caring and eager to help you achieve your dream of becoming a parent. They took the time to get to know me on a personal level so I would feel comfortable despite the invasive and painful procedures for which I was there. One weakness is their lack of returning phone calls. On several occasions, I left messages and was never called back. I had to keep calling to get my questions answered.
How was your experience with Heather Cook at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Cook was excellent at explaining what we should expect throughout the process. She told us her opinion, but allowed us to make the final decisions. She was kind and hopeful. She made us feel comfortable like we were talking to a friend. She was respectful and encouraging.
You’re in good hands!
She was kind and sympathetic to our situation. She told us the potential risks, but also kept us positive that she thought this course of treatment would end with us having a baby. She showed genuine care and concern for us and our baby.
My husband had low morphology and motility so Dr. Cook recommended ICSI over traditional IVF and IUI because it would take the male infertility issue out of the equation. The result was 11 out of 13 eggs made it to day 5 embryos. Those embryos were frozen to allow my body to shed the lining of my uterus before implantation. This was decided because research shows the hormones I took to increase egg production can make a woman’s uterus less welcoming for pregnancy. The result was a beautiful baby boy born 9 months later.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Jan)
Jan was helpful and sweet. However, at times it was difficult to reach her when I had questions or concerns.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Coastal Fertility is an excellent facility. The staff is caring and eager to help you achieve your dream of becoming a parent. They took the time to get to know me on a personal level so I would feel comfortable despite the invasive and painful procedures for which I was there. One weakness is their lack of returning phone calls. On several occasions, I left messages and was never called back. I had to keep calling to get my questions answered.
I made sure I was there at 7am when the clinic opened so I could be the first patient of the day. I would usually be in and out in 30-40 minutes which then still allowed me to get to work on time.
I believe the ICSI process, including monitoring, egg retrieval, and embryo transfer was about $6,000. We also paid another $2,000 for medication. In addition, it cost another $1,000 for preliminary testing before we settled on ICSI.
Mount Pleasant

She [Dr. Cook] was a little overly direct and came across as negative and uncaring to my husband and I. I appreciated her straightforward approach, but given the emotion involved...felt she could show a little better bed side manner especially during the consult. My later interactions with her ( though few), did get better, but her protocol for each treatment was never explained to me...they just upped my dose.
she was ready to give a protocol with out even looking at my results....that made me question how they [Coastal Fertility Specialists] decide to move forward each treatment cycle...seemed it was just what they do with everyone...no personalization ... weaknesses...not many financial options for uninsured... some interactions over all would be cold ( interactions inconsistent) and an overall feeling of pretentiousness with the location, decor...etc...would rather be simple down to earth to make me feel like they are not overcharging for profit but actually trying to help fulfill dreams. ...
How was your experience with Heather Cook at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
She was a little overly direct and came across as negative and uncaring to my husband and I. I appreciated her straightforward approach, but given the emotion involved...felt she could show a little better bed side manner especially during the consult. My later interactions with her ( though few), did get better, but her protocol for each treatment was never explained to me...they just upped my dose.
Show more warmth during the consult. Be straightforward but give hope and offer options, even if you don't think it'll work. Explain each protocol for each treatment personally to give the opportunity for the client to ask questions.
Felt everything was black and white...very routine in the approach each time I went in....a few times caught mistakes made by staff...never given an apology nor did they try to comfort us, make up for it, make it right, etc. it was an approach of ..." that's just how it is". Financial consultant was not very warm and was very negative...wasn't given many options over all....felt we needed to stay with the protocol they use for every patient...never seemed personlized to my condition or past cycles or issues...
Basically gonal f injections for each IUI procedure. Upped dose each time...my eggs ended up developing to quick...I always seemed to over respond ( maybe due to DOR) and once ovulated too early and missed that one...was very frustrating. Also had a saline sonogram by another dr. who said I was clear and and went ahead with first IUI only to find out I wasn't ( had polyps), so we just waisted a lot of money on treatments and protocols that were unclear and not explained...
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Mary I think? Don't think she's there anymore? She made a few mistakes and wasn't very energetic towards making me feel confident, motivated, excited, etc....very lackluster and she didn't seem to enjoy what she did.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Strengths are communication and speedy appointments...always in and out. Some people I interacted with where extremely helpful...energetic and nice...weaknesses...not many financial options for uninsured... some interactions over all would be cold ( interactions inconsistent) and an overall feeling of pretentiousness with the location, decor...etc...would rather be simple down to earth to make me feel like they are not overcharging for profit but actually trying to help fulfill dreams.
3 medicated cycles and a surgery for polyp removal equaled about 7k
No experience with this....couldn't afford to go on to do IVF yet
What specific things went wrong at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Misunderstandings with protocol...timing...blood work, etc. had to remind her once to do my blood work to know what protocol to use...she was ready to give a protocol with out even looking at my results....that made me question how they decide to move forward each treatment cycle...seemed it was just what they do with everyone...no personalization
Mount Pleasant
Dr. Schnorr always gave me attention and warmth that I needed during our appointments. ... He is very caring and attentive. He remembers details about his patients, which is quite rare for a doctor. He can also relate to his patients, as he and his wife had to precious undergo fertility treatment themselves, which I think gives a level of understanding that most doctors do not have. I was recommended to Dr. Schnorr by a friend and I passed on referrals to other friends as well.
Everything a this clinic [Coastal Fertility Specialists] was smooth, including monitoring appointments. They’re flexible with your work schedules (to an extent, obviously), and were always able to do bloodwork and ultrasounds in a VERY quick and efficient manner. ... One of the greatest things this clinic offered was a support group for women that met once a month. I only went a handful of times but I wish I had gone more.
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Not to rush the process. He may not be aggressive, but he gives you the treatment plan with the most success.
Dr. Schnorr always gave me attention and warmth that I needed during our appointments. I wasn’t just a patient filling a time slot in his day. He showed compassion with every failed cycle, and excitement when we finally graduated from his clinic. And when we brought our toddler in to visit, he remembered us. He is truly special.
I wish I could remember... but I do remember he was most focused on being successful— as in a patient bringing home one healthy baby. I remember feeling a little discouraged that he only wanted to transfer one embryo because u had gone through so much so I felt like I should have the options of having twins! However he told me many times that that isn’t the safest way to become a parent. Looking back, I’m very appreciative that he has that less aggressive (but more successful) approach!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Monique Bucher )
I can’t say enough good things about Monique (Mo). Although she no longer works there, she was such a vital and positive part of my fertility journey. I remember initially thinking she wasn’t warm and fuzzy enough for me (islets be real, I need warm and fuzzy), but after each negative pregnancy test, it was so evident that she genuinely felt sorry for my husband and me. We grew close and I shed many tears in her office. She never made me feel rushed to get to her next patient and always listened to me (with tissues in hand). She was wonderful.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
One of the greatest things this clinic offered was a support group for women that met once a month. I only went a handful of times but I wish I had gone more. It was a wonderful safe space to cry, share stories, and even laugh about the painful journey we were all on. It was lead by a nurse named Cheryl who was so incredibly caring. I adored her. When I came back to visit when my daughter was a toddler, she recognized me and gave me a big hug. And I wasn’t even her patient! It’s that support and attention that makes that office truly special.
Everything a this clinic was smooth, including monitoring appointments. They’re flexible with your work schedules (to an extent, obviously), and were always able to do bloodwork and ultrasounds in a VERY quick and efficient manner.
Each IUI was around $750. I believe IVF costs were around $11,500. We spent about $15,000 for our total costs. Our health insurance covered medication costs.
Dr. Schnorr was very set on doing a single embryo transfer. However, come transfer day, I was devastated to find out that out of the 4 embryos thawed, two didn’t make it and two only made it to a grade of “good.” He informed me that our best chance of pregnancy would be to transfer both, and I ended up having a healthy singleton. But I am so glad he initially took the conservative approach to only wanting to do a single transfer.
Mount Pleasant
Dr. Slowey provided comprehensive and detailed medical knowledge about my diagnosed condition. When my husband's fertility issues also came into play, he respectfully and kindly addressed the next steps. ... Dr. Slowey was the first to diagnosis my PCOS which explains a long history of various medical issues I had. He also treated a low-grade thyroid issue with Synthroid. ... Even during the IUI cycles, he was cautious about the number of eggs I would be releasing.
They [Coastal Fert Spec] were accommodating, explained all the steps fully, and ultimately helped us have our dream baby. All of my interactions with all staff members were helpful and left me with knowledge of the next steps and most importantly, hope. ... Becky was my lifeline through all the small, daily steps. She had compassion, a sense of humor, and a respect for how painful the process could be. She was also incredibly positive when it was desperately needed.
How was your experience with Michael Slowey at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Slowey provided comprehensive and detailed medical knowledge about my diagnosed condition. When my husband's fertility issues also came into play, he respectfully and kindly addressed the next steps. He was respectful of our time and the distance we were traveling to see him/go through this process, along with the financial piece. He was compassionately honest when things didn't work, or when they weren't going the way he hoped.
Be prepared to get a whole lot of information!
Dr. Slowey walked us through the whole process - diagnosis, treatment, potential outcomes. He educated us while not talking down, and his kindness on the day of transfer can't be matched.
Dr. Slowey was the first to diagnosis my PCOS which explains a long history of various medical issues I had. He also treated a low-grade thyroid issue with Synthroid. We did 4 rounds of IUI with Gonal-F injections. 1 round was planned sex, the next 3 were full IUI cycles. When those were not successful (and my husband's low quality sperm count became apparent as well), IVF was discussed. Gonal-F was used again, along with ICSI on the retrieved eggs. We had a day 3 fresh transfer of my only 2 good looking embryos after an initial egg count of 6 (4 which fertilized).
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Other than the distance from my home, I think this clinic was wonderful. They were accommodating, explained all the steps fully, and ultimately helped us have our dream baby. All of my interactions with all staff members were helpful and left me with knowledge of the next steps and most importantly, hope.
Portions of IUI were covered under my insurance (monitoring appointments and beginning testing). Otherwise we paid out of pocket for all medications, and the whole IVF process.
Dr. Slowey was adamant that no more than two embryos (preferably one) would ever be transferred to decrease the risk of higher order multiples. Even during the IUI cycles, he was cautious about the number of eggs I would be releasing.
Mount Pleasant

Dr. Slowey always used my name. He was always very compassionate but honest. He prepared us for the worst yet always made us seem like everything was going to be ok! ... He was upfront yet his delivery of the information was amazing. I left the office that day knowing we were finally in great hands! ... When we had a consult with Dr. Slowey he was caring yet I think he could tell I was done with the run around and I wanted answers.
My primary, Allison, was amazing. With vacations and days off I did see 2 other nurses. We primarily communicated via email [Coastal Fertility Specialists\ the month before my cycle. Once IVF began and I was getting calls from her every other evening. She was great with working as best we could around my work schedule and with drive times to the main office since we lived almost 2 hours away.
How was your experience with Michael Slowey at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
We had be battling our insurance (my husband is active duty military) and been fighting on where and how to start treatments. My doctors never ran some tests on me and we could have my husband properly treated or even seen. When we had a consult with Dr. Slowey he was caring yet I think he could tell I was done with the run around and I wanted answers. He was upfront yet his delivery of the information was amazing. I left the office that day knowing we were finally in great hands!
Go sooner rather than waiting for another doctor trying to figure it out. We wasted years on GYN and urologists appointments and never got anywhere.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Allison)
My primary, Allison, was amazing. With vacations and days off I did see 2 other nurses. We primarily communicated via email the month before my cycle. Once IVF began and I was getting calls from her every other evening. She was great with working as best we could around my work schedule and with drive times to the main office since we lived almost 2 hours away.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
They were great! One of the highest live birth rates I’ve heard of. Compared to friends treatments the cost is reasonable. And they work within your schedule and have additional satellite offices that were closer to me so I didn’t have to travel all the time.
In 2016 our cost for IVF was just under $10,000 and that included ICSI and all of our appointments. Not the cost of injectable medication I (the female) would need. My medications were an additional charge and based on how my body responded to the medication. That for me was about an additional $5000 total with a 25% discount through a discount company. The information was provided to me for that discount from our doctors.

2012 - 2014, Unsuccessful
I remember the first time I met him [Dr. Schnorr] he had such a warming peresonality. We went into his office and he asked us what all we had been through and from there we came up with a treatment plan. ... When it came time for our egg retrieval he was so informative and explained how everything was going to happen. ... The first step he wanted us to take was to do an IUI and we went through two of those cycles with no success. So after that he suggested we try IVF
Again it’s been 5 years so I’m sure things have changed since I was last there [Coastal Fertility Spec] but there strengths are how welcoming they make you feel from the moment you walk in the door. Many woman wish they didn’t have to sit in that office but they are always so pleasant and are willing to help whenever you need them. ... She [nurse] was super nice, very informative and always had everything in folders with everything we would need. She also kept in touch by email with always letting me know my medication schedule and if there were any changes.
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
It's been 5 years since I last seen Dr. Schnorr, but I will tell you everything that I remember. I started going to Dr. Schnorr when I was 23, we had been trying to conceive for a couple years and were having no luck. I heard about Dr. Schnorr and decided to go in for a consultation. I remember the first time I met him he had such a warming peresonality. We went into his office and he asked us what all we had been through and from there we came up with a treatment plan. The first step he wanted us to take was to do an IUI and we went through two of those cycles with no success. So after that he suggested we try IVF he sat us back down in his office and went through every step of the IVF process in depth. He allowed us to ask as many questions as possible and from there we started our first IVF cycle. For me the first IVF was one big emotional roller coaster but that had a lot to do with the hormones. When it came time for our egg retrieval he was so informative and explained how everything was going to happen. After the egg retrieval I believe we transferred on day 3 but I could be wrong. We transferred one embryo and then came the long two week wait. I remember getting the call and was devastated to hear that the cycle did not work but they did tell us that one of the embryos we had left ended up growing an extra day and was a better grade embryo than the one they had implanted so we went ahead and froze that one. It took me about two years to work up the courage to go through a second cycle. I remember going back into his office and we sat down for another consultation, we went over everything we did in the first cycle and came up with another plan for the second cycle. This one was a little different because after the egg retrieval they froze the embryos and then we had a frozen cycle. We thought maybe if we gave my body time after the egg retrieval to settle back down that maybe it would work. So we came back a month later and had two embryos put in that time and had another one that we kept frozen. Unfortunately the second cycle did not work as well. So we now have two embryos one thats been frozen 5 years and another 7 years and our hope is to one day have those two implanted in the hopes that it will work.
Take notes and ask questions
Dr. Schnor was an amazing doctor and he always explained everything in detail to where we understood every step during the process.
It’s been 5 years unfortunately I don’t have any of that information and I can’t remember the names of the drugs we used.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Monique)
She was super nice, very informative and always had everything in folders with everything we would need. She also kept in touch by email with always letting me know my medication schedule and if there were any changes.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Again it’s been 5 years so I’m sure things have changed since I was last there but there strengths are how welcoming they make you feel from the moment you walk in the door. Many woman wish they didn’t have to sit in that office but they are always so pleasant and are willing to help whenever you need them.

IUI With Other Docs
We have been diagnosed with unexplained infertility recently and haven’t started on any regimens yet. ... Dr Slowey has a very warm heart and a very strong act for the job he is doing. He is never hesitent to answer any questions and was always so eager to discuss every option with us. On the days of the appointments that my husband was not able to attend, he’s active duty military, Dr Slowey made sure I had every possible reading material on what we discussed for that day to take home to him.
This clinic [Coastal Fertility Specialists] is very well organized and put together. From the beginning we have not had any issues with the staff. From the time we walk into the door, all the way until the time we exit the door at the end of the appointment, the staff and clinic are incredible. ... Kelly, my nursing coordinator, has hands down been the best contact we’ve had in the entire facility. We love everyone there but she has always been more then willing to help us and talk to us about anything that we are going through.
How was your experience with Michael Slowey at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Have faith! He will be by your side until the end.
Dr Slowey is always more then willing to answer any and all questions we have. He has been by my side to hold my hand every step of the way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
This clinic is very well organized and put together. From the beginning we have not had any issues with the staff. From the time we walk into the door, all the way until the time we exit the door at the end of the appointment, the staff and clinic are incredible.
We have not don’t the IUI implantation yet but if the billing is correct, our estimate is around $1700.

2016 - 2019, Successful
Dr cook is so sweet and caring. We fully trust her and know that she is doing what’s best for us. We live in a different state now but we still come back to her for all of our fertility needs. She is easy to talk to and great at explaining everything. ... Dr cook was only okay with us transfering one embryo, I’m very young and our fertility issue was male factor. So transfering multiple embryos heightened my chances of having multiples, and our goal is to have one healthy baby.
Honestly we love our clinic [Coastal Fertility Specialists], we refuse to transfer even though we’ve moved out of state. They’re very professional and caring. They’re great and answering questions. ... The nursing staff at coastal is amazing, we’ve been to other fertility clinics and have never been treated so well! Nurse Allison has always taken care of us and answered our questions. No matter how many times we forgot or had to ask she was always so sweet and happy to help.
How was your experience with Heather Cook at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Honestly Dr cook is great and we trust her, I’d say just got with what she is recommending.
Dr cook is so caring and so friendly. She really cares about her patients
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Allison Ribero )
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Honestly we love our clinic, we refuse to transfer even though we’ve moved out of state. They’re very professional and caring. They’re great and answering questions. I really can’t cone up with anything I’d want to change. They’re truly the best fertility center.
If I remember correctly our IVF was around $23,000 and embryo transfers have been $2,400-$2,700

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
Dr Cook was amazing. She answered all of our questions and made sure we were comfortable with treatment options and plan. She was responsive and extremely empathic towards our situation. She went through our emotions with us. ... We did a few rounds of oral meds with no progress. Then tried injections and IUI with 1 follicle growth each time. Then moved forward to ivf
They [Coastal Fertility Specialists] have billable charges that are not clearly discussed. Although we have insurance cover 100% we still paid thousands for their non billables. It was always a hidden fee that we would get stuck with at the end of the process and when asked about it was told to go somewhere else and see if I have success there because coastal's success rate was so high they said that they can charge this.
How was your experience with Heather Cook at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Just be open to how you're feeling and ask her to clarify things if you have questions because she will take the time
Dr Cook was amazing. Always took extra time to explain everything and make sure my.husband and I were comfortable. She was very approachable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Becky Welch )
Becky calmed down all of our anxieties. Anytime I was overwhelmed I waited for her call knowing she would take away fear and doubt and replace it with a plan and positivity
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
They have billable charges that are not clearly discussed. Although we have insurance cover 100% we still paid thousands for their non billables. It was always a hidden fee that we would get stuck with at the end of the process and when asked about it was told to go somewhere else and see if I have success there because coastal's success rate was so high they said that they can charge this.
It was so easy. First come first serve and it opened at 7am so I could go before work and be in and out with ultrasound and labs in 25 minutes
18-20k
We were only allowed to transfer 1

2013 - 2019, Successful
He [Dr. Schnorr] seems to know his stuff and is invested in the overall idea, but I don't know if he is invested in me and my process. He is nice and attempts to explain things, but I don't feel he takes the time/ effort to know me. I trust his expertise, but I don't think he recognizes me, (Despite the fact ive been going there for years). I do think he's good at what he does,
I had a "missed ovulation" due to clinic error/ awareness [Coastal Fertility Specialists] that I didn't know was even a possibility and it cost us precious time, thousands of dollars and was an emotional stress. ... I really wish they (as a whole) would review my chart before my ultrasound/ calling with medication prescriptions. I.e. I don't have a right tube and they're never aware of that when giving me "good news" about my right ovary egg size :( ...
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
He seems to know his stuff and is invested in the overall idea, but I don't know if he is invested in me and my process. He is nice and attempts to explain things, but I don't feel he takes the time/ effort to know me. I trust his expertise, but I don't think he recognizes me, (Despite the fact ive been going there for years). I do think he's good at what he does,
Be involved in your process.
He explains thing well during appointments, whether in person or on the phone, but when I'm in his clinic for ultrasound/ blood work I don't think he knows who I am.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Jessica Wilkerson)
Jessica is amazing! Always aware of what's goibg on with me and my schedule and quick/ efficient with communication.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Ultrasound $170each, estrogen lab $90, LH $88, Lab Needle $10, Gonal and trigger shot about $500.. IUI maybe $1200..
What specific things went wrong at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Coastal Fertility Specialists.
I had a "missed ovulation" due to clinic error/ awareness that I didn't know was even a possibility and it cost us precious time, thousands of dollars and was an emotional stress.
Mount Pleasant

Dr Slowey seemed like the right fit at our initial consultation. I was frustrated that he did not actually perform my procedure and it was someone that I had never met. I don’t feel like all options or recommendations were fully discussed and we basically just did the same thing for my 2nd treatment with no adjustments or exploration of different/betters options
Professional and clean environment [Coastal Fertility Specialists]. Seems to be a little disconnect between all members who are involved with your care. Not everyone on the same page at all times. I had to explain what was supposed to be going on to someone who should have already been aware of what I was there for specifically at that appointment ... In total spent about $6,000 for initial testing and 2 IUI cycles
How was your experience with Michael Slowey at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
You pretty much have to be your own advocate if you think things should be changed
Dr Slowey was very kind and understanding and seemed like he cared
We did oral and injectable meds I do not remember the doses.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Very matter of fact didn’t really get to know you or your situation
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Professional and clean environment. Seems to be a little disconnect between all members who are involved with your care. Not everyone on the same page at all times. I had to explain what was supposed to be going on to someone who should have already been aware of what I was there for specifically at that appointment
In total spent about $6,000 for initial testing and 2 IUI cycles
2013 - 2016, Successful
Dr. Slowly was very relatable and easy to talk to. When my husband and I sat down to discuss our options we often felt like we were sitting down with a friend instead of a doctor. He always expressed concern with the emotional aspect of fertility treatment as well. I always felt as if I was getting the best care. ... Dr. Slowly treated my husband and myself with the upmost respect. He was honest and open concerning our options and always followed up with us and addressed all of our concerns during our treatment at Coastal Fertility Specialist.
I was on the heaviest medication protocol used by Coastal Fertility. ... Allison was an awesome nurse. She was able to talk us through each step of the IVF process. She used her own personal infertility journey to ease our nerves along the way. She never left us wondering what to expect next or uneasy about the process. She was an awesome nurse !
How was your experience with Michael Slowey at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Never get overwhelmed by the beginning process if Fertility treatments. Dr. Slowly abd his team are always with you every step of the way.
I was on the heaviest medication protocol used by Coastal Fertility.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Allison Riberio)
I had poor egg quality and quantity so elective single embroyo transfer was never an option for us.
2013, Successful
Dr. Schnorr always seems very caring and compassionate. He always takes the time to make sure you’re comfortable with the treatment you are experiencing. He always speaks and has a smile on his face! ... Summer of 2013 - I don’t remember specifics but had egg retrieval with good quantity and had to freeze bc of mild OHSS. ... We decided to try FET using our remaining embryos.
I always leave there and comment how nice everyone is! The nurses are so friendly and efficient! I have loved everyone I came in contact with at this place! ... Andrea was amazing as well as all the nursing staff at Coastal Fertilty. ... Coastal Fertilty Clinic is Awesome in every way! The people are amazing ... [monitoring appointments] Quick and thorough!
How was your experience with John Schnorr at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Address every concern and he will listen and elaborate.
Awesome bedside manner!
Summer of 2013 - I don’t remember specifics but had egg retrieval with good quantity and had to freeze bc of mild OHSS. I had about 10 fertilize without ICSI so that was a plus! We did our first FET the following month and now we have a beautiful 4 1/2 year old little girl named Ella! :) Summer of 2018 - We decided to try FET using our remaining embryos. (we would like our sweet daughter to have a sibling). We basically did a natural cycle with the estrogen vaginal tablets. Got positive pregnancy test but lines were light. (ended up having chemical pregnancy) :( Tried again same protocol - did not get pregnant! :(
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Andrea)
Andrea was amazing as well as all the nursing staff at Coastal Fertilty.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Coastal Fertilty Clinic is Awesome in every way! The people are amazing. I always leave there and comment how nice everyone is! The nurses are so friendly and efficient! I have loved everyone I came in contact with at this place!
Quick and thorough!
Mount Pleasant
He treated us with compassion and understanding. ... Dr. Slowey reviewed my information card about me as well as my husband individually and collectively. The importance wasn't just about helping us get pregnant but keeping me around to be a mother as well as a grandmother. He cared about the whole person. ... we would see Dr. Slowey and then see his nurse who reiterated everything to us and wanted to assure that we understood everything fully.
This clinic [Coastal Fertility Specialists] is full of professionals who care, who know the struggles that couples, individuals have face with trying to conceive. I like how the majority of things can take place in this one setting. ... From the consult to beginning testing. With insurance everything was reasonable ... [Nurse] She was always avail
How was your experience with Michael Slowey at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Come with a listening ear to receive the knowledge and know that they will do whatever they can to assist you.
He treated us with compassion and understanding.
I dont totally remember everything but we would see Dr. Slowey and then see his nurse who reiterated everything to us and wanted to assure that we understood everything fully.
She was always avail
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
This clinic is full of professionals who care, who know the struggles that couples, individuals have face with trying to conceive. I like how the majority of things can take place in this one setting.
From the consult to beginning testing. With insurance everything was reasonable
Mount Pleasant

Dr. Cook has the best bedside manner of any physician I have ever been treated under. She clearly explains everything and ensures you understand, while building a great rapport. ... Dr. Cook is a compassionate physician who clearly loves what she does and is very knowledgeable. She makes you feel comfortable and ensures you understand all aspects of treatment with a clear understanding of your goals and realistic expectations.
The Coastal Fertility clinic in Mt. Pleasant is very organized clinic, has short wait times for visits, is easy to access, and is overall a comfortable environment. All the staff you come in contact with are welcoming and make you feel comfortable with what procedures you are having that day while explaining everything. ... [nurse] Compassionate and showed that she really cared and worked toward the goals and outcomes you wanted to reach.
How was your experience with Heather Cook at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Definitely choose Dr. Cook for your future fertility treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Becky Welch)