LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

LGBTQ+ Competent Care

Based on reviews from the LGBTQ+ community.

Strongly recommend: 100%9.9
Strongly recommend: 98%Neutral: 2%10
Iris Insogna
Zev Williams
Priyanka Ghosh
LGBTQ+ Competent Care

Based on reviews from the LGBTQ+ community.

Briana Rudick

White Plains
244 Westchester Ave., Suite 211
White Plains, NY 10604

2023, 22 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Brady is caring and brilliant...explained the egg freezing process simply and clearly to me and answered all my questions...was patient and nothing ever felt rushed...so attentive and accessible: she would respond promptly to all my many initial questions...made key strategic and personalized decisions throughout the process on my dosages
Columbia was absolutely phenomenal...facilities are clean and state of the art, and every single nurse and staff member...was incredibly compassionate, patient, and smart...made me feel cared for and when I was nervous, the nurses would crack jokes to make me feel more comfortable.
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Dr. Brady is caring and brilliant. In my initial consultation with her, Dr. Brady explained the egg freezing process simply and clearly to me and answered all my questions (and I had many!). My father (who is also a physician) joined the initial consultation call, and she answered all his questions as well. She was patient and nothing ever felt rushed with her. My father noted to me after the call that he found her to be very impressive and kind. From start to finish of the egg freezing process, Dr. Brady was so attentive and accessible: she would respond promptly to all my many initial questions about which vegan prenatal vitamins are best to use and which skincare was OK for me to use during the egg freezing process. She also made key strategic and personalized decisions throughout the process on my dosages, how much further to push, and which trigger to take. I know she has a very busy practice and so many patients, but she was so accessible and responsive that she made me feel like I was her only patient. Since my actual retrieval day fell on a weekend, another doctor (Dr. Bishop--who was absolutely amazing) did my retrieval. Thanks to Dr. Brady's key strategic decisions and personalized dosing plan for me, I obtained an excellent result especially for a 35.5 year-old: 23 retrieved eggs, 22 of which were mature. The process was seamless for me--I never had physical discomfort or any mental health issues throughout my egg freezing journey thankfully. I think that is due in part to Dr. Brady's excellent dosing and her and her team's care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Don't hesitate to reach out to her with any questions--she responds to emails quickly and is very patient!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Dr. Brady is a warm and approachable person with excellent bedside manner. Everything felt personalized with her. In the initial consultation, Dr. Brady explained the process so well to me and answered all my questions. My father (who is also a physician) joined the initial consultation call, and she answered all his questions as well. She was patient and nothing ever felt rushed with her. He noted to me after the call that he found her to be very impressive and kind. From start to finish of the egg freezing process, Dr. Brady was so attentive and accessible: she would respond promptly to all my many initial questions about which vegan prenatal vitamins are best to use and which skincare was OK for me to use during the egg freezing process. She also made key strategic and personalized decisions throughout the process on my dosages, how much further to push, and which trigger to take. I know she has a very busy practice and so many patients, but she was so accessible and responsive that she made me feel like I was her only patient.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Angela Pugliese)
Nurse Pugliese was excellent. She was thorough and responsive, sending me instructions for the next day on time and answering any questions I had. She took the time out of her busy schedule to have a couple phone calls with me to discuss my questions.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Columbia was absolutely phenomenal. The clinic facilities are clean and state of the art, and every single nurse and staff member I interacted with there was incredibly compassionate, patient, and smart. No issues at all. They all made me feel cared for and when I was nervous, the nurses would crack jokes to make me feel more comfortable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paula Brady at Columbia University.
Progyny
LGBTQ+

LGBTQ+
[Dr. Sinem Karipcin] is a super positive doctor, and she always has a smile...same sex couple with no infertility...answers emails quickly and is really good at listening to what you...willing to move as quickly as you want to...did RIVF...got 25 eggs, all mature, 19 fertilized, and 12 great embryos...I’m currently 11 weeks
[Columbia University] a well-oiled machine...location is easy if you live on the west side of Manhattan...pricing is very straightforward...only issue is: they definitely do run behind on procedure days occasionally, leaving lots of people with full bladders...Everyone was prompt, kind, and clear. Our only issue was with billing
How was your experience with Sinem Karipcin at Columbia University?
Dr. K is a super positive doctor, and she always has a smile. To be fair, we had a very easy time with IVF as a same sex couple with no infertility, but it’s still not a fun process. She answers emails quickly and is really good at listening to what you as the patient want, while also balancing her knowledge of what works. She’s willing to move as quickly as you want to, which was important to us
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sinem Karipcin at Columbia University?
Just make sure you’re ok working with an optimist! If you’re someone who prefers a pessimist, she’s not your doc.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sinem Karipcin at Columbia University?
Dr. K got to know us very well, very quickly and responded to our particular desires for family building, and tried to save us money along the way!
Describe the protocols Sinem Karipcin used in your cycles at Columbia University and their degree of success.
So we did RIVF. My wife’s egg retrieval was a pretty standard stim cycle of 150 menopur/150 follistim plus ganirilex. She stimmed for only 7 days at which point we got the ok to trigger! We got 25 eggs, all mature, 19 fertilized, and 12 great embryos! Dr. K did not recommend ICSI or PGT testing due to our background, and I really appreciate that decision (saved us money and wouldn’t have helped our success rates). For my first FET, we tried a medicated cycle due to my short luteal phase and that was unsuccessful. She immediately wanted to try a natural FET with PIO and that was the winning combination. I’m currently 11 weeks
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Katrina Leong )
We had a few different people email us at points. Everyone was prompt, kind, and clear. Our only issue was with billing (Jenna is extremely nice but you need to be on her!)
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Columbia is able to move and groove! We did our consult in July and we’re doing a FET by October. It’s a well-oiled machine. The location is easy if you live on the west side of Manhattan. The pricing is very straightforward. My only issue is: they definitely do run behind on procedure days occasionally, leaving lots of people with full bladders. The other thing (this was a pro for me) is they don’t give you your full lab values. Just “good”. I feel like this helped my anxiety, but if you like to know, you won’t like this.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sinem Karipcin at Columbia University.
Insurance covers very little for us (not infertile, just gay), so total out of pocket for the egg retrieval (including donor sperm) was around 15k. My two transfers were another 6k. Basic testing was another 5k.
Describe Sinem Karipcin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Columbia University.
Dr. K made it VERY clear from our consult that we would only do a single embryo transfer. She reiterated this at several points. We had no issue (no desire to risk twins).

2 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. Forman demonstrated an unparalleled level of professionalism and attention to detail...ability to explain complex medical concepts in a clear and accessible manner empowered us with knowledge...open communication fostered a sense of trust...responded to ALL messages no matter the time of day or date
The nursing and support staff at CUMC played a crucial role in making each visit a positive and hopeful experience....kindness, compassion, and attentiveness went above and beyond, creating a nurturing environment that significantly eased the stress associated with fertility treatments.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Throughout every step of our fertility treatment, Dr. Forman demonstrated an unparalleled level of professionalism and attention to detail. His ability to explain complex medical concepts in a clear and accessible manner empowered us with knowledge, making us active participants in our own fertility journey. This open communication fostered a sense of trust and collaboration that we had not experienced with other healthcare professionals. What truly sets Dr. Forman apart is his communication. He responded to ALL messages no matter the time of day or date - even on Christmas!!! The results speak for themselves: thanks to Dr. Forman’s expertise, we are now expecting our first child. The joy and excitement we feel are immeasurable, and we credit Dr. Forman for making our dream a reality. Beyond the medical excellence, the entire staff at CUMC contributed to creating a supportive and compassionate environment. The nurses, administrative staff, and everyone we encountered played a crucial role in making our fertility journey a positive and transformative experience. If you are seeking a fertility doctor who combines cutting-edge expertise with genuine care and compassion, look no further than Dr. Forman. Our journey with them has been nothing short of a miracle, and we are eternally grateful for the expertise and kindness that defined our experience at Columbia Fertility.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Take his advice on treatment approach
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman possesses a rare combination of expertise, compassion, and unwavering dedication to helping couples achieve their dream of starting a family. The warmth and empathy with which Dr. Forman greeted us during our initial consultation instantly put us at ease, making a potentially overwhelming process feel manageable and even hopeful.
Describe the protocols Eric Forman used in your cycles at Columbia University and their degree of success.
We did 3 IUIs which were unsuccessful. 2 Egg retrievals and 1 transfer which I am currently pregnant from.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The nursing and support staff at CUMC played a crucial role in making each visit a positive and hopeful experience. Their kindness, compassion, and attentiveness went above and beyond, creating a nurturing environment that significantly eased the stress associated with fertility treatments.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Columbia University.
Easy to schedule and quick - I was in and out
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman at Columbia University.
I belive the cost of IVF + morning monitoring was between 17-18k
Describe Eric Forman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Columbia University.
Dr. F recommends single embryo transfer

2022 - 2023, Successful
Dr. K [Karipcin] is very knowledgable and stays on top of the latest research and methods in the field...thyroid problems...visits were sometimes pretty quick, we could always follow up with questions. Dr. K provided detailed responses even on the weekends...favors a protocol, but Dr. K made changes to it with each cycle
[Columbia University has] a fast paced setting...will likely see different nurses/practitioners for each of your bloodwork/ultrasound visits...may sometimes feel a bit impersonal, but it's not unusual for a research clinic/hospital...Katrina is very warm and detailed...clinic has manuals for all the steps of the process, but Katrina always personalized her communication with us.
How was your experience with Sinem Karipcin at Columbia University?
Dr. K is very knowledgable and stays on top of the latest research and methods in the field. As I have thyroid problems, I appreciate her holistic, methodical approach. She has the right combination of scientific focus and care. While the visits were sometimes pretty quick, we could always follow up with questions. Dr. K provided detailed responses even on the weekends. The clinic scheduled another doctor to do our transfer, so we were particularly moved that Dr. K came in on her day off and did the transfer. Overall, Dr. K is very dedicated, and we felt we could trust her.
If you have any questions, no matter how small or silly, it's easy to go down the internet rabbit hole. Instead, don't be afraid to ask Dr. K. She is very steeped in all the latest trends and research. We had lots of questions, so we suggest compiling your questions vs sending many individual emails. Dr. K will respond providing a detailed answer(s) in a timely manner.
We have worked with two other doctors before meeting Dr. K. Our previous experiences gave us a grasp of the process and methods used at different clinics. While Columbia is a busy place, Dr. K and her team always showed immense care and paid attention to the details of our case across all three cycles. We trusted Dr. K's expertise and we appreciated that she was always hopeful and remained positive even when our results were suboptimal.
The clinic favors a protocol, but Dr. K made changes to it with each cycle. We did Clomid+an antagonist cycle adjusting meds each time. Two of our cycles were DuoStim.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Katrina Leong)
Katrina is very warm and detailed. The clinic has manuals for all the steps of the process, but Katrina always personalized her communication with us. If there were any problems, she was also available by phone. Samantha, the care coordinator, was very efficient. While once or twice there were issues with our meds order, the team made sure to address them quickly.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
It's a fast paced setting. You will likely see different nurses/practitioners for each of your bloodwork/ultrasound visits. Your doctor will review the results in the afternoon and email you. This may sometimes feel a bit impersonal, but it's not unusual for a research clinic/hospital. In return for this small inconvenience, you will have access to some of the best doctors/medical teams in the city.
Everything except the PGT-A tests ($2.5k) was covered through my insurance.
Our understanding is that the clinic does single embryo transfers only.

2022 - 2023, Successful
Doctor Bishop was very patient and a good communicator...adjusted the treatment a few times and each time we saw improved results...took the time to explain the procedures substantiated by latest research...third time we transferred two and now we are 12 weeks pregnant...called the insurance and advocated on our part and we ended up doing ICSI and the insurance covering it
[Columbia University] seems small initially, but looking back maybe it is just the right size. Your assigned doctor is in charge of all your treatment adjustments but in the process you see many other doctors. Everything is very clean and high tech. Sometimes the waiting time for ultrasounds is not consistent.
How was your experience with Lauren Bishop at Columbia University?
Doctor Bishop was very patient and a good communicator throughout the process. She also adjusted the treatment a few times and each time we saw improved results, with our first egg retrieval we only had one embryo to transfer, while with our second one we got 5. I believe I was a tough patient, with a lot of opinions, but doctor Bishop took the time to explain the procedures substantiated by latest research. My insurance didn't cover ICSI (2 subpar sperm samples were required), so we weren't planning to do it, however the sample collected on the day of the egg retrieval/fertilization was subpar. Doctor Bishop called the insurance and advocated on our part and we ended up doing ICSI and the insurance covering it. She cares a lot about her patients.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lauren Bishop at Columbia University?
Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, she also answers emails fast and thoroughly.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lauren Bishop at Columbia University?
Doctor Bishop was on top of the treatment, and called many times to explain results. When the treatment was predictable time wise (medicated FET), she was the one to do the transfer/egg retrieval. All staff is attentive and professional though, so we got to interact with quite a few other doctors at the practice during our journey and they did not disappoint.
Describe the protocols Lauren Bishop used in your cycles at Columbia University and their degree of success.
I took medication for IUI 4 times, one time we just tried without the insemination (I had some liquid), the other 3 we had the insemination. All these failed. We used various doses of Clomid/Letrozole. Then we had 1 egg retrieval, that resulted in only one transferable embryo. This was transferred but the pregnancy test was negative again. We had another transfer that resulted in 5 embryos. We transferred one and the pregnancy result was again negative. The third time we transferred two and now we are 12 weeks pregnant, we have graduated from Columbia and moved to a usual obgyn. The transfers were a mix of medicated and natural, all embryos were frozen before transfer for at least a few days.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The practice seems small initially, but looking back maybe it is just the right size. Your assigned doctor is in charge of all your treatment adjustments but in the process you see many other doctors. Everything is very clean and high tech. Sometimes the waiting time for ultrasounds is not consistent.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lauren Bishop at Columbia University.
My insurance covered almost everything. We had to pay for assisted hatching and one of the IUIs but costs were clearly stated beforehand.

IUI With Other Docs
Dr. Robles remembers a lot of the details, demonstrating a genuine care for his patients. He willingly adjusts treatment plans based on my personal circumstances and promptly communicates laboratory results, alleviating any anxiety associated with waiting...Dr. Robles is caring, knowledgeable, attentive, and professional. He takes time to explain every detail during my visits, never rushing or appearing intimidating. His genuine happiness was evident as he pointed out the fetus' movements during my last scan...
[Columbia University] Strengths: Convenient location, clean and comfortable environment, friendly staff, nurses, and doctors. Efficient scheduling with minimal waiting times for appointments. Most importantly, I have success on the first attempt. I think it will be more efficient if the clinic could directly upload bloodwork results onto MyChart...Dr. Robles remembers a lot of the details, demonstrating a genuine care for his patients. He willingly adjusts treatment plans based on my personal circumstances and promptly communicates laboratory results, alleviating any anxiety associated with waiting.
How was your experience with Alex Robles at Columbia University?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alex Robles at Columbia University?
Relax and unwind. Place your trust in the doctor. A positive mood yields positive outcomes
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alex Robles at Columbia University?
Dr. Robles remembers a lot of the details, demonstrating a genuine care for his patients. He willingly adjusts treatment plans based on my personal circumstances and promptly communicates laboratory results, alleviating any anxiety associated with waiting. Recently he scheduled a next-day scan in response to my report of unexpected bleeding.
Describe the protocols Alex Robles used in your cycles at Columbia University and their degree of success.
1. Initially I was diagnosed with a cyst, I received medication from Dr. Robles, and the cyst resolved the next month. 2. Preparation for egg retrieval involved daily injections: Gonal-f and Menopur, plus Ovidrel. 3. Egg retrieval and cultivation of blastocysts. 4. Embryo transfer. 5. Post-transfer, I have twice-daily progesterone inserts, along with routine scans and bloodwork.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Haley Roche)
They are responsive and attentive. Following unexpected post-transfer bleeding, Nurse Haley Roche showed remarkable empathy, reassuring me that I was in capable hands.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alex Robles at Columbia University.
Maybe $30 for each visit after insurance. The medications take, say, $500 out-of-pocket.

1 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. Rudick was very data-oriented, fact-based, and direct. She helped navigate results from another clinic from travel for some monitoring, and was very detailed in her communications. I had a lot of specific questions, for which [she] was specific in responses - and again, always grounded in facts...very direct and outcome oriented. I liked that style, which may be in contrast with someone who might lean more empathetic from the beginning.
Columbia is definitely a big practice. I experienced it when we first froze embyros and experienced it again now - it's a machine. Not really personal, but efficient and things move quickly. The team is very nice but again, very New York...I learned that peanut oil is a common part of progesterone tablets, and even though I am allergic to peanuts, was originally prescribed a version that did ultimately have peanut oil. I notified the team though who immediately called in an order to a compounding pharmacy that does a peanut-oil free version
How was your experience with Briana Rudick at Columbia University?
Dr. Rudick was very data-oriented, fact-based, and direct. She helped navigate results from another clinic from travel for some monitoring, and was very detailed in her communications. I had a lot of specific questions, for which Dr. Rudick was specific in responses - and again, always grounded in facts.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Briana Rudick at Columbia University?
Dr. Rudick is very direct and outcome oriented. I liked that style, which may be in contrast with someone who might lean more empathetic from the beginning.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Briana Rudick at Columbia University?
Dr. Rudick and her team were very detailed and communicative about my specific questions, especially with a lot of work travel and moving states in the middle of treatment.
Describe the protocols Briana Rudick used in your cycles at Columbia University and their degree of success.
I used frozen embryos that I had frozen at Columbia Fertility years earlier with Dr. Grossman-Becht.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Julissa)
The entire team was great. I think only one time I had to follow up on something from a weekend visit, but that was pretty minor - the team was always proactive and quick with communicating with me.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Briana Rudick at Columbia University.
I believe insurance covered all of the transfer costs. When we initially froze embryos, I believe we did have to pay for PGS testing and a co-pay on some of the treatments. We've paid for embryo and sperm storage out of pocket.
Describe Briana Rudick's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Columbia University.
I think Columbia just does eSET.
What specific things went wrong at Columbia University?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Columbia University.
Relatively minor but I learned that peanut oil is a common part of progesterone tablets, and even though I am allergic to peanuts, was originally prescribed a version that did ultimately have peanut oil. I notified the team though who immediately called in an order to a compounding pharmacy that does a peanut-oil free version
Briana Rudick

2023, Unknown Success
[Dr. Williams] is very candid with probabilities of success with each procedure, but he will think outside the box...He is very busy, but I admire all of what he does as chief of the department and researcher, so I rely more on communication with the nurses...He did not have to, but recided yo personally do my embryo transfer. His bedside manner is outstanding and warm. I suffer from the effects of age and PCOS, and even with these diagnoses, he is open and respects patients' true choices in their hearts
Great and timely sending out of requisitions [at Columbia University]. One time I was not told when my next monitoring date had to be, so I couldn't get an outside monitoring appointment in time. Howev,other than that they are very professional and clear and rely a lot on email. Before starting an IVF cycle there and before paying for the cucle, it is extremely hard to ask questions or clarify details about the cycle. Be prepared to have to be persistent
How was your experience with Zev Williams at Columbia University?
He is extremely warm and motivated to help patients exactly in the way theyvdream yo become parents. He is very candid with probabilities of success with each procedure, but he will think outside the box always to make your dreams come true. Fertility is a very personal and emotional journey and he respects that while providing non-judgmental, world-class care. He is very busy, but I admire all of what he does as chief of the department and researcher, so I rely more on communication with the nurses knowing he is out there trying to make Fertility outcomes better for patients!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Zev Williams at Columbia University?
Be prepared for the best Fertility doctor there is! Be patient with the communication part as he is busy- you won't regret it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Zev Williams at Columbia University?
He is incredibly compassionate, and motivated to think outside the box because my results really matter to him. He did not have to, but recided yo personally do my embryo transfer. His bedside manner is outstanding and warm. I suffer from the effects of age and PCOS, and even with these diagnoses, he is open and respects patients' true choices in their hearts... to become parents with their own egg and sperm. He is extremely well educated and knowledgeable, but also spiritually connected somehow.
Describe the protocols Zev Williams used in your cycles at Columbia University and their degree of success.
Letrozole and low dose gonal F/menopur- did not take advantage of the still large egg reserve I have! So we changed it do higher doses of Gonal F and Menopur with Cetrotide as I am at risk of OHSS ++
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Laura Lodico)
Very efficient and on top of my care. I would have just preferred to talk to her on the phone a bit more. But there was a sense of pressure offloaded (I did not need to jump out of work to answer calls!) with the email communication!
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Great and timely sending out of requisitions. One time I was not told when my next monitoring date had to be, so I couldn't get an outside monitoring appointment in time. Howev,other than that they are very professional and clear and rely a lot on email. Before starting an IVF cycle there and before paying for the cucle, it is extremely hard to ask questions or clarify details about the cycle. Be prepared to have to be persistent and call the admin person and the nurse to e things set up time for day 1.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Zev Williams at Columbia University.
10000usd
Describe Zev Williams's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Columbia University.
He did not push for eset because day 3 transfers would probably be more fruitful at my age, and day 3 embryos can't be tested.
Zev Williams

2022 - 2023, Successful
Dr. Brady was just the type of doctor that I needed during this journey. She was always kind, calm, and empathetic towards my struggles and needs as a patient. Dr. Brady patiently answered each and every question and made me feel seen, heard, and validated my feelings...After the genetic testing of my first cycle showed that the embryo quality was poor, [she] adjusted my medication for my 2nd cycle. After my embryo transfer, [she] monitored my bloodwork carefully and increased my thyroid medication.
Between the front desk, the phlebotomist, the nurses, and all the doctors at Columbia have created a safe and positive experience during my visits. I am grateful for everyone's kindness, empathy, and patience...Angela [a nurse] was helpful and kind throughout the process to help coordinate my treatment. She communicated via email in a timely manner and answered all my questions thoroughly.
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Dr. Brady was just the type of doctor that I needed during this journey. She was always kind, calm, and empathetic towards my struggles and needs as a patient. Dr. Brady patiently answered each and every question and made me feel seen, heard, and validated my feelings. I'm thankful to have her as a doctor during a crucial period of my fertility journey.
Dr. Brady will answer any questions that you have so I would not hesitate to ask anything even if you think it seems silly or trivial. She gives you a peace of mind that puts you at ease.
Describe the protocols Paula Brady used in your cycles at Columbia University and their degree of success.
After the genetic testing of my first cycle showed that the embryo quality was poor, Dr. Brady adjusted my medication for my 2nd cycle. After my embryo transfer, Dr. Brady monitored my bloodwork carefully and increased my thyroid medication.
Angela was helpful and kind throughout the process to help coordinate my treatment. She communicated via email in a timely manner and answered all my questions thoroughly.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Between the front desk, the phlebotomist, the nurses, and all the doctors at Columbia have created a safe and positive experience during my visits. I am grateful for everyone's kindness, empathy, and patience. As a patient, it's important to advocate for your needs and not be afraid to ask questions. At Columbia, I was able to comfortably do that and feel heard. The process can be overwhelming and there is a lot of information to process and remember but the staff has always been willing to help.
Fortunately, most of the cost of my care was covered by my health insurance. However, the genetic testing and embryo preservation were not. For my first cycle, I used my savings to pay for the genetic testing and embryo preservation. However, for the second cycle, I worked with the clinic to have a payment plan.

2019 - 2023, Successful
Dr. K' has the ability to listen attentively, address my concerns, and tailor a personalized treatment plan significantly contributed to the positive experience (i.e when to switch from IUI to IVF, or how to adjust the treatment for better results between retrievals/transfers)...Her kindness, empathy, and understanding made an emotional and challenging process feel more manageable. Her ability to combine medical expertise with genuine compassion is a rare gift
Clinic [at Columbia University] is beautiful, great location (close to all subways), inviting and clean. Both myself and my husband felt very comfortable and safe knowing we are under the care of the staff. Scheduling was easy and appointments were on time...I was 31 years old at the time with no diagnosed issues (except PCOS), so the approach was 1 embryo per transfer...Columbia's team and facilities are top notch.
How was your experience with Sinem Karipcin at Columbia University?
From the moment I stepped into the clinic, I felt reassured and supported, and that feeling persisted throughout both processes (successful IUI in 2020 and successful IVF in 2023). Dr. K' has the ability to listen attentively, address my concerns, and tailor a personalized treatment plan significantly contributed to the positive experience (i.e when to switch from IUI to IVF, or how to adjust the treatment for better results between retrievals/transfers).
Don't be afraid to ask Dr. K anything.
I wanted to take a moment to express my heartfelt gratitude for Dr K's (and her amazing team) exceptional care and support during my IUI/IVF journey which resulted in 2 beautiful daughters (1 IUI + 1 IVF). Her expertise and guidance were invaluable, but it was her compassionate approach that truly made a profound difference. Throughout the ups and downs of fertility treatment and the joyous arrival of our babies, she treated me not just as a patient, but as a human being. Her kindness, empathy, and understanding made an emotional and challenging process feel more manageable. Her ability to combine medical expertise with genuine compassion is a rare gift. Highly recommended for anyone facing the journey.
Baby 1: Diagnosis- PCOS Treatment- IUI Result - 1st IUI worked Baby 2: Diagnosis- Unexplained fertility (PCOS cycle was corrected following baby 1) Treatment- 1. Started with 3 unsuccessful IUI cycles. 2. First egg retrieval resulted in 3 embryos (1 good , 2 mosaic). 1 failed transfer 3. Second egg retrieval resulted in 8 embryos (5 good ,2 mosaic, 1 PGT positive) followed by a successful transfer. Note: Between 1st and 2nd eggs retrieval, Dr K adjusted the treatment which resulted in many more good embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Sam and Kimberly)
Columbia's team and facilities are top notch.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Clinic is beautiful, great location (close to all subways), inviting and clean. Both myself and my husband felt very comfortable and safe knowing we are under the care of the staff. Scheduling was easy and appointments were on time (this is not a given).
There is a flat cost for each retrieval if you do PGT-A and a per embryo cost for PGT-A paid to a 3rd party. Insurance covered everything else.

2023, Successful
I received timely responses via email from [Dr. Karipcin] and her care team...As a patient with severe endometriosis, the doctor suggested daily dosage of 225iu Gonal F and 1 powder vial of Menopur to stimulate eggs during embryo freeze all cycle. This resulted in 4 embryos making it to blast but only two embryos had a PGT tested normal result. For my embryo transfer cycle, the only fertility treatment used was daily estradiol and progesterone shots. This transfer resulted in my first current pregnancy.
The clinic [at Columbia University] is very nice and compassionate to their patients. I love the clean facility and advanced technology that is used for fertility treatment, pregnancy scans, and organized manner in how the monitoring appointments are put together. The only weakness is not having a centralized user friendly portal to quickly view your own medical reports, ultrasounds, and bloodwork results. There is only a portal patients can use to schedule your appointments.
How was your experience with Sinem Karipcin at Columbia University?
Dr. Sinem Karipcin was a great choice for my fertility journey. I was referred to Dr. Karipcin by my regular gynecologist. She listened to all my concerns and answered all important questions that I had during my egg retrieval and embryo transfer procedures. I respected the compassion she shown to my husband and I during the office visits. I received timely responses via email from the doctor and her care team. Medications were sent to my pharmacy on time without any issues. I liked that she was caring and understanding of my fertility issues and suggested appropriate protocols to help me get pregnant. I felt comfortable with Dr. Karipcin as her patient.
Be patient through the entire process as you work side by side with Sinem Karipcin in your fertility journey. Share as many questions and concerns as possible. Make sure you have complete understanding of her recommended fertility treatment and protocols.
Dr. Karipcin was very helpful and communicative throughout my entire IVF egg retrieval process and transfer procedures. I was treated with great care and received personalized treatment virtually and in person.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Columbia University.
Nursing staff were very respectful and kind throughout my IVF frozen embryo cycle and embryo transfer procedures. The monitoring appointments were on time and I was seen right away without any delays in schedule. Following the office visits, communication was given via emails with instructions of "next steps" after every appointment. Staff communicated bloodwork results in a timely manner. The only negative comment I wanted to share is relating to the staff that is responsible for blood draws during the monitoring appointments. I had an issue with one staff who was doing a terrible and painful job drawing my blood every time I went. I didn't like that some staff do not take their time to find appropriate vein locations. Additional training for blood draws and training staff to not use an old injection site to keep drawing blood is appropriate.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The clinic is very nice and compassionate to their patients. I love the clean facility and advanced technology that is used for fertility treatment, pregnancy scans, and organized manner in how the monitoring appointments are put together. The only weakness is not having a centralized user friendly portal to quickly view your own medical reports, ultrasounds, and bloodwork results. There is only a portal patients can use to schedule your appointments.
Monitoring appointments were very quick and easy to schedule. The blood draws were very painful depending on the staff who was performing it. Your name is called pretty quickly and the appointments were always 30 minutes or less.
All costs for frozen embryo IVF cycle was paid out of pocket 12k procedure and 3k for medications. The cost for the embryo transfer consisted was close to 3k for the entire process.
My FET cycle consisted of a single embryo transfer with estradiol and progesterone shots. My fully medicated protocol led to a successful transfer with a positive pregnancy test.

Egg Freezing With Other Docs
[Columbia University] Glow- friendly staff Grow- sometimes when patients were being called during morning monitoring, people who arrived and checked in first were skipped...It can be difficult for patients sitting on the opposite end because of the music and names are not being said loud enough...Dr Robles is an amazing practitioner! He took time to be present in every appointment including early ultrasounds in the beginning of my IVF cycle. I was struck by the fiercely warm smile he greeted me with during each appointment. It was disarming and calming which is exactly what I needed. Other things that stand out is he called me by first name, explained all aspects of my treatment in great details and showed genuine care in regards to my questions and concerns. Lastly, he made himself available for questions via email and always provided quick responses.
How was your experience with Alex Robles at Columbia University?
Dr Robles is an amazing practitioner! He took time to be present in every appointment including early ultrasounds in the beginning of my IVF cycle. I was struck by the fiercely warm smile he greeted me with during each appointment. It was disarming and calming which is exactly what I needed. Other things that stand out is he called me by first name, explained all aspects of my treatment in great details and showed genuine care in regards to my questions and concerns. Lastly, he made himself available for questions via email and always provided quick responses. Dr. Robles’ knowledge, precision for details and guidance through the IVF process were all instrumental in my successful pregnancy (and it happened on my first IVF cycle and first single embryo transfer). As a person slightly over 40, this is just remarkable results! I truly thank God for Dr. Robles!
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Dr. Robles loves questions!
Hayley Roche and Sophie Clarke are a dynamic duo! They both took great care of me with treatment and appointment updates as well as answering any questions I had. Truly appreciate them!
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Glow- friendly staff Grow- sometimes when patients were being called during morning monitoring, people who arrived and checked in first were skipped. I always tried to make sure I sat in the area near the water dispenser when names were called. It can be difficult for patients sitting on the opposite end because of the music and names are not being said loud enough.

2021 - 2023, Successful
Dr Karipcin was amazing and I'm so grateful for her help. She worked with me and during setbacks she adjusted the course of action. She recommended different strategies to help me achieve a positive pregnancy after multiple losses. She is a doctor that truly cares about her patients. I transferred to her after being unsuccessful at a different clinic and she truly took the time and continued to work with me and always had a personal touch that made me feel that she truly cared and I wasn't just another patient to her.
[Columbia University had] zero wait times, able to answer any questions, compassionate, always available. Wish they had a long island branch where i could do some bloodwork instead of having to go into the city each time . Able to do procedures in the same office, which was very convenient. Everyone was friendly, never had an issue...Dr K ( Karipcin) was very empathetic, and from day 1 took the time to get to know my history and background. She has a personal touch that shows you she is working towards a successful result, and never once made me feel like just another patient, or that I didn't have options.
How was your experience with Sinem Karipcin at Columbia University?
assisted natural cycles for transfers. Had me see an endocrinologist to help with metabolic issues. Recommended extra genetic testing. Did cycles with icsi and without to get optimal results. Recommended vitamins for my partner
Very responsive, answered all my questions, detailed responses and timely
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Appointments were able to be made online 15 min gaps, no wait time.
around 15-20 for retrival and meds around 2-4k for transfers
clinic did not allow multiple embroyo transfers

2021 - 2023, Successful
I met Dr. Bishop a few years ago when I was thinking about freezing my eggs. I remember how patient and kind she was while I was going through a whirlwind of emotions. We decided to revisit freezing at a later time. I always knew that she would be the person to take care of me when I became pregnant. She has a lovely, calming energy to her...I had reached out to see if I could get an updated fertility evaluation/assessment. The universe had other plans, and I actually got pregnant before I was able to start the process. Because I wanted to change my ob/gyn, she was kind enough to perform my two scans before I graduated from the practice. I am truly thankful.
The [Columbia University] practice was very efficient and organized. Location is great, front desk staff was great, the blood draw nurses were great. All in all, definitely recommend. The practice was very efficient and organized. Location is great, front desk staff was great, the blood draw nurses were great. All in all, definitely recommend. The practice was very efficient and organized. Location is great, front desk staff was great, the blood draw nurses were great. All in all, definitely recommend. The practice was very efficient and organized. Location is great, front desk staff was great, the blood draw nurses were great. All in all, definitely recommend.
How was your experience with Lauren Bishop at Columbia University?
I wish Dr. Bishop could be my primary OB now that I am pregnant. She focuses on the important things, does not add any additional things to confuse me. She is kind, sweet, gets to the point which I love. Since the first time that I met her, I knew she was going to be a part of my pregnancy journey. Thank you for everything!
Not only is she smart, she has a human element to her. She does not rush you, listens and comes up with a game plan. You will be in great hands.
Well, I had reached out to see if I could get an updated fertility evaluation/assessment. The universe had other plans, and I actually got pregnant before I was able to start the process. Because I wanted to change my ob/gyn, she was kind enough to perform my two scans before I graduated from the practice. I am truly thankful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Mira and Kristina )
Mira and Kristina are awesome! They really made the process of scheduling a piece of cake and provided results in a timely manner. Thank you.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The practice was very efficient and organized. Location is great, front desk staff was great, the blood draw nurses were great. All in all, definitely recommend. The practice was very efficient and organized. Location is great, front desk staff was great, the blood draw nurses were great. All in all, definitely recommend. The practice was very efficient and organized. Location is great, front desk staff was great, the blood draw nurses were great. All in all, definitely recommend. The practice was very efficient and organized. Location is great, front desk staff was great, the blood draw nurses were great. All in all, definitely recommend.
just had to pay my copay for the scans
Describe Lauren Bishop's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Columbia University.

Donor Sperm With Other Docs
Dr. Robles is really knowledgeable, organized, and proactive. He was really helpful and explained all my treatments really clearly. He also made a point of calling me and speaking to me personally when there was important new to share. He is super knowledgeable and shares information without judgement. He demystified a very complex process, and let me take things one step at a time...I always felt really well cared for.
The [Columbia University] clinic is nice, clean, and very organized. They offer help with insurance and medications, which is very appreciated. The Columbus Circle location is convenient to the trains, and nicely laid out. It's very busy, of course, but the waiting room always felt inviting and calm...All my nurses were amazing, super kind, and very efficient...Dr. Robles was so warm and kind, and always had lots of time to spend with me to answer my questions. I always felt really well cared for.
How was your experience with Alex Robles at Columbia University?
Take IVF and the FET one step at a time, don't spend energy and emotional bandwidth trying to anticipate all the possible outcomes that you might not be able to control. Be in the moment, listen to your body, and practice positive self-talk.
We went straight to IVF because of my age, and we used a pretty straightforward diagnostic process and egg retrieval process, which culminated in a very successful egg retrieval after about 10 days of stims. Dr. Lobo did my egg retrieval and we got 42 eggs, of which 30 were mature. We then waited a couple cycles for the PGTA testing to come back and for my body to recover from the stimulation of the egg retrieval process, so I felt much healthier and ready for the embryo transfer. The PGTA testing gave us 4 healthy embryos to work with, and though it was expensive to test 15 blastocysts, I'm glad we did! We did a "natural cycle" for the frozen embryo transfer with just progesterone supplementation, which helps with my short luteal phase. The transfer was successful, and we have monitored the pregnancy for 8.5 weeks with no issues.
All my nurses were amazing, super kind, and very efficient.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The clinic is nice, clean, and very organized. They offer help with insurance and medications, which is very appreciated. The Columbus Circle location is convenient to the trains, and nicely laid out. It's very busy, of course, but the waiting room always felt inviting and calm.
Because we could self-schedule through the portal, it was easy to organize my appointments (though sometimes earlier times would not be available if I has to schedule an appointment with 24-48 hours notice). Even weekend hours were convenient to schedule, which is so nice.
I had to pay out of pocket because I have insurance through the exchange, which means I do not have access to IVF benefits. The cost was extremely expensive, all told I have spent more than $40,000 this year on IUIs with a midwife, donor sperm, and the IVF.FET process, of which over $30,000 was with Columbia.
Describe Alex Robles's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Columbia University.
I only wanted to transfer one embryo at a time, and Dr. Robles was completely supportive of that choice.

2023, Successful
Dr. Robles was patient, detail oriented, and incredibly empathetic. I felt supported, listened to, and understood the whole way. I was at increased risk of hyper stimulation and Dr. Robles helped walk me through each care decision he...made to derisk any unpleasant symptoms...checked in frequently, including over his weekends and outside of typical office hours to see how I was feeling. Even post-retrieval, he sent helpful emails and resources about follow-up questions on my mind. 10/10 medical experience and would highly recommend anyone uncertain about their fertility journey to pay him a visit.
Columbia nursing staff was excellent including over email, via daily monitoring, and the phlebotomy team. I heard back promptly on any questions, had multiple methods to contact them (phone, email, etc.)...Top medical experience I have ever had. AM monitoring can be a bit busy/fast but I appreciated the speed and efficiency. 10/10 experience - highly professional, compassionate care the whole way. New patients should know that the Dr. may not be present at every single morning monitoring (although I did not ask them to be) but I felt in great hands with the nursing staff and the Dr. was always available when I asked or if I booked an AM monitoring appointment late enough that their day had started.
How was your experience with Alex Robles at Columbia University?
I would recommend Dr. Robles and the entire team at Columbia without hesitation. Dr. Robles was patient, detail oriented, and incredibly empathetic. I felt supported, listened to, and understood the whole way. I was at increased risk of hyper stimulation and Dr. Robles helped walk me through each care decision he and his team made to derisk any unpleasant symptoms. In addition, Dr. Robles checked in frequently, including over his weekends and outside of typical office hours to see how I was feeling. Even post-retrieval, he sent helpful emails and resources about follow-up questions on my mind. 10/10 medical experience and would highly recommend anyone uncertain about their fertility journey to pay him a visit.
Dr. Robles was incredible - he remembered small details about my life/career plans not specifically related to treatment and you could tell he was always listening. He called multiple times outside of typical office hours to see how I was doing, emailed promptly, and called me on a weekend evening before my retrieval to check-in. Truly the most kind and attentive healthcare experience I have ever had.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Columbia University.
Columbia nursing staff was excellent including over email, via daily monitoring, and the phlebotomy team. I heard back promptly on any questions, had multiple methods to contact them (phone, email, etc.), and felt true continuity of care even if I did not see same nurse for every AM monitoring. AM monitoring was very efficient and when possible the Dr. would stop-in to visit and answer questions, especially at key visits.

2021 - 2023, Successful
The [Columbia University] clinic is very efficient - most of the times I was in and out of the clinic in 15 mins during morning monitoring appointments. It is busy, but over time, the staff gets to know you and I always felt welcomed and seen...Angela was the most caring nurse I could have asked for! She was so patient with all my questions and always knew how to calm my nerves. I truly felt like she was holding my hand throughout the process and making sure all my concerns were addressed! Just like Dr. Brady, I truly felt like she was rooting for me every step of the way!
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Dr. Brady is a very compassionate doctor. I came to her without having any understanding of how fertility treatments work. As an aspiring single mother by choice, she really made me feel supported and I never felt awkward for not having a partner in the process. At each stage of the treatment, she would explain what to expect and what my options were and what she recommends and why. I quickly realized how lucky I was to have found her and how much I came to trust her advice. I had success with both my retrievals. Just before the transfer, we found a fibroid in the uterus during the saline ultrasound and Dr. Brady referred me to another doctor so I could have a surgery to take care of it quickly without impacting the transfer timeline by a lot. She truly guided me at every step and I fully attribute the success of my treatment to her! I truly felt that she and the rest of the team had my back and were always rooting for me!
You may not see her as often as you’d like during the treatment, but rest assured she is always reviewing your results and checking in with you - she truly wants what’s best for you - trust her advice!
Dr. Brady always answered all my questions patiently and never made me feel stupid or rushed me - I may have even asked the same questions multiple times and she would still answer them very patiently.
For both my retrievals, I was on Gonal-F, Menopur, Cetrotide, and Lupron trigger shot. For the transfer, I was on a fully medicated cycle with estrogen and progesterone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Angela)
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The clinic is very efficient - most of the times I was in and out of the clinic in 15 mins during morning monitoring appointments. It is busy, but over time, the staff gets to know you and I always felt welcomed and seen.
I had to pay for the IVF freeze all cycle and the transfer cycle out of pocket. The freeze all cycle was ~$14K and the transfer cycle was $4,500. Genetic testing of embryos was $300 per embryo and this amount was paid directly to the lab.
Describe Paula Brady's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Columbia University.
I wanted a single embryo transfer and that is what Dr. Brady recommended too!

2023, Successful
Dr. Wiltshire’s experience & knowledge combined with her bedside manner makes her the ideal professional to navigate a mentally and physically daunting journey...extremely knowledgeable and reached out via phone and email to clearly communicate the meaning of results, nexts steps and the resources available throughout the process...Dr. Wiltshire’s attention to my case and quality of care did not waiver
The experience was top tier and I would recommend CU’s medical care to anyone. Personally, a key reassuring component of my care was knowing that I had a network of doctors with various specialties available as needed. Being bounced around to navigating different offices and insurance protocols is one of the most stressful things about seeking healthcare— CU’s system provided a seamless patient experience that gave me the space to focus on my health.
How was your experience with Ashley Wiltshire at Columbia University?
Words cannot express how grateful & I am to have had Dr. Wiltshire as my doctor, but I will surely try! I emphatically recommend selecting Dr. Wiltshire for your fertility journey. I began my journey nervous, overwhelmed and with many questions. Yet, all nervousness dissipated in lieu of the extremely knowledgeable, empathetic and professional bedside manner of Dr. Wiltshire. During our initial consultation, she took my personal history with care, answered every question I had -no matter how small, and laid out a clear plan of care. During the hormone cycle, the nursing/ medication staff becomes your main contact, but Dr. Wiltshire’s attention to my case and quality of care did not waiver. When I had questions about my treatment, symptoms etc. via email or voice message, Dr. Wiltshire swiftly responded, with an attention to detail I’ve never experienced under any doctor’s care. Dr. Wiltshire and the supporting staff acted so synchronously that I was never concerned about falling through the cracks. Day of my egg retrieval, Dr. Wiltshire was literally the last confident & reassuring voice I heard (responding to my last nervous procedural question) before the anesthesia kicked in, and the first staff person I remember speaking to in post-op recovery.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ashley Wiltshire at Columbia University?
Breathe easy, because you are in good hands! Additionally, do not feel nervous to ask questions. Dr. Wiltshire’s experience & knowledge combined with her bedside manner makes her the ideal professional to navigate a mentally and physically daunting journey.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ashley Wiltshire at Columbia University?
I was treated with care and compassion throughout the process. Dr. Wiltshire was extremely knowledgeable and reached out via phone and email to clearly communicate the meaning of results, nexts steps and the resources available throughout the process.
Describe the protocols Ashley Wiltshire used in your cycles at Columbia University and their degree of success.
We initially requested a consultation via email/ the CU website and the initial consultation was promptly scheduled by her team. During our initial consultation via video chat, Dr. Wiltshire took a thorough personal and family medical history. We also discussed what the motivations and desired outcomes were for our fertility treatment. Lastly, Dr. Wiltshire walked us through the next steps and answered any additional questions we had. Our next steps included blood panels to tests, currently fertility, health status, and any pre-existing genetic conditions. After the needed tests were complete & explained, we began the fertility medications. The medication treatment plan and administration was explained in great detail and had videos to provide step by step instructions. The staff checked in with me regularly and often and Dr. Wiltshire swiftly returned insight to any questions I had. As retrieval day got closer, check-ins and blood work became near daily and the team was amazing the whole time. In the days leading up to extraction, pre & post-care operation was clearly walked through. Lastly, Dr. Wiltshire provided day by day updates and the final results of our egg retrieval cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: First Daniella, then Martha )
The team was personable, courteous, proactive and extremely professional. Navigating fertility treatment can be mentally daunting, but knowing that you have The Avengers League of healthcare professionals at your side puts all fears to rest.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ashley Wiltshire at Columbia University.
I don't ,in full ,remember the total costs, but have a ball park of $12-25k all in. I am unsure since the billing department did an amazing job of checking/ running everything through insurance. From the costs that were paid out of pocket, since we do have a robust healthcare plan, we spent an estimate of $4-8k.
Describe Ashley Wiltshire's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Columbia University.

1 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
The entire [Columbia University] care team (coordinators and nurses) was exceptionally organized and consistently prompt in addressing my inquiries. They assisted me in scheduling appointments and guided me through the entire process, making sure I understood each step along the way... A key pillar of the clinic's strengths is its exceptional physician, Dr. Alex Robles, who harmoniously blends expertise with compassion. With a focus on personalized care
How was your experience with Alex Robles at Columbia University?
During the ups and downs of the fertility treatments, Dr. Robles was a constant source of support. He would be present at every single appointment, offering guidance and encouragement, which made even the most challenging days feel more manageable. I can vividly recall walking into his office feeling anxious and leaving with newfound hope and a smile, knowing that I was in the hands of someone who genuinely cared. As mentioned before there was one particular moment that will forever stay with me. On the day of my scheduled egg retrieval, I received news that Dr. Robles wouldn't be available due to prior commitments. My heart sank at the thought of having someone else perform the procedure. I shared my concerns with Dr. Robles, and he listened with utmost compassion. To my amazement, on the day of the procedure, which happened to be a weekend, Dr. Robles came in specifically to perform my egg retrieval. The relief and gratitude I felt were overwhelming. It was a clear testament to his dedication and unwavering commitment to his patients' care. Dr. Robles prioritized understanding my medical history and tailored a protocol specifically suited for me. When I sent him my fertility medical records from another clinic, it was a significant amount of information, albeit disorganized and challenging to follow. Nonetheless, Dr. Robles dedicated time to thoroughly study and comprehend every record and data point from my fertility journey. Despite the potentially tedious nature of regular check-ins, I found myself eagerly looking forward to each appointment under Dr. Robles' care. As time progressed, my trust and confidence in him only deepened. Dr. Robles demonstrated unparalleled attention to detail, recollecting every aspect of my case and monitoring my progress closely. I always had numerous questions and a strong desire to know the results of my bloodwork at each appointment. Dr. Robles ensured that I received those numbers after every visit, providing a written summary of the session and clear instructions for the following days. He remained flexible, making adjustments to the treatment plan based on my body's responses. One aspect that truly stood out was Dr. Robles' accessibility and responsiveness. He was always available and promptly replied to my emails. If I needed to talk to him, he would call me back the same day. This constant availability made me feel genuinely cared for and instilled confidence in the quality of care I was receiving. Moreover, Dr. Robles displayed an extraordinary ability to remember even the minutest details about my case, following up on them during subsequent visits. This level of attentiveness made me feel valued as a patient, reinforcing the trust I had in his expertise.
Ensure complete openness about your medical history, concerns, expectations, and ultimate objectives. This level of transparency will enable Dr. Robles to customize your treatment plan for optimal results. It also facilitates the management of expectations, which I find to be quite reassuring. I highly encourage you to be as forthcoming as possible since Dr. Robles possesses an extraordinary ability to uncover solutions and make the most out of any situation. Rest assured, you won't be disappointed; it's akin to having both a trusted therapist and Reproductive Endocrinologist rolled into one.
My experience with Dr. Alex Robles has been nothing short of spectacular. From our first consultation, I just knew I was in great hands. Dr. Robles’ in-depth knowledge was immediately apparent. With a sterling clarity of thought, he transformed medical terminologies into simple, comprehendible information. His empathetic and knowledgeable approach not only alleviated my anxiety but also filled me with hope for the future. Words cannot do justice to his level of care and expertise, and I can't imagine going through the experience with another doctor. The pronounced improvement in the number of eggs retrieved and eggs matured during my initial egg retrieval at another highly regarded fertility center was truly astounding. This only further underscored the efficacy of Dr. Robles' individualized approach and protocol, attesting to the fact that it genuinely works for each patient Dr. Robles personally made sure I felt taken care of every step of the way. During our first consultation, I told him about my experience with my first fertility Doctor and my concerns about her lack of involvement during the whole process. Every appointment was delegated to a different nurse I never saw a doctor until the day of my retrieval and it wasn't performed by my doctor. I felt like a nuance through the process. From the very beginning, Dr. Alex Robles was there for every single appointment, from bloodwork to ultrasound, never relegating me to the care of someone less familiar with my case. He was always fully present, listening attentively to my concerns, and answering my questions with patience and thoroughness. There was a level of personal care and attention to detail that was so consistent, it was almost like he was entirely dedicated to my case alone. Moreover, his ability to recall specifics about my medical history without even a glance at his notes was astonishing. It created a sense of continuity and personal connection that was deeply reassuring. It was as though every nuance of my case was always at the forefront of his mind. He didn't just listen; he engaged, understanding my medical history and current concerns with the thoroughness that is a rare find in today's fast-paced medical environment. What I also greatly appreciated was Dr. Robles respect for my input. He valued my thoughts and perspective, making me feel like an active participant in my healthcare, rather than just a passive recipient of it. His approach was highly patient-centric. What struck me most about Dr. Robles was his genuine interest in my well-being and his unwavering commitment to achieving excellent results. Throughout the entire process, I had the privilege of seeing Dr. Robles during every single one of my appointments. On challenging days, he was there to guide me, offering support and reassurance. After each visit, I always felt better, leaving with renewed hope and a smile. However, during the last consultation before my scheduled egg retrieval, I received unexpected news that another doctor would be performing the procedure as Dr. Robles was not available that weekend. I couldn't help but feel a sense of sadness, as I had grown so comfortable and confident with Dr. Robles by my side. Remarkably, on the day of the procedure, which was a Sunday, Dr. Robles surprised me by coming in solely to perform my egg retrieval. The relief and happiness I felt were beyond words. This act of kindness and dedication demonstrated just how much Dr. Robles truly cares about his patients and how he goes above and beyond to ensure their well-being and comfort. I am forever grateful for Dr. Robles' exceptional care and commitment to my journey toward parenthood. He is more than just a remarkable physician; he is a compassionate and extraordinary human being.
The entire care team (coordinators and nurses) was exceptionally organized and consistently prompt in addressing my inquiries. They assisted me in scheduling appointments and guided me through the entire process, making sure I understood each step along the way. Their support was invaluable, and they exhibited remarkable patience and understanding throughout my journey. I am truly grateful for their dedication and assistance, which played a significant role in making my experience as smooth and stress-free as possible.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Strengths: A key pillar of the clinic's strengths is its exceptional physician, Dr. Alex Robles, who harmoniously blends expertise with compassion. With a focus on personalized care, Dr. Robles tailors treatment protocols to suit each patient's specific needs, ensuring a supportive and effective fertility journey. Patients can rest assured that they are in the hands of a caring and dedicated specialist with a track record of achieving remarkable results. Organized Care Team: The clinic's care team is highly organized, promptly responding to patient inquiries and providing support throughout the entire process. Their efficiency and responsiveness contribute to a seamless patient experience. Comprehensive Support: From scheduling appointments to explaining treatment processes, the care team is dedicated to guiding patients and ensuring they have a clear understanding of each step. They exhibit patience and empathy, creating a nurturing environment for patients. New patient: As a new patient, it's important to understand that embarking on this fertility journey requires a significant time commitment. To ensure the best possible results, close monitoring of your hormone levels and regular ultrasounds are essential components of the process. These monitoring procedures play a crucial role in tracking the development of your fertility treatment. You will need to visit the clinic several times a week, and as you approach the end of your cycle, the visits will be required daily.

2023, 2 Eggs Frozen
2 Egg Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
Columbia Fertility is extremely well organized from their website and ability to see available doctors and services, to patient care with clear throughout instructions throughout your treatment. They have coordinators for different areas, and each provides you with a wealth of information and are prompt to respond to inquiries about medication, insurance, cost, etc...I can't recommend Dr. Wiltshire enough as a physician who is both intelligent and has a great caring bedside manner.
How was your experience with Ashley Wiltshire at Columbia University?
I'm so thankful I had Dr. Wiltshire as my physician. She is smart and knowledgeable, answer all my questions, and most importantly she talked me through all my options at each step of the process and supported my decisions around treatment. I did two cycles of egg freezing due to cancer. The first cycle was unsuccessful, and I was somewhat unsure about trying a second time. Dr. Wiltshire met with me twice before I made a final decision. I never felt pressure from her either way, she was completely supportive of whatever decision I choose to make. Ultimately, I decided to do a second cycle, and Dr. Wiltshire carefully walked me through the adjustments in protocol and answered all my questions. I made it to the egg revival stage the second time and felt so safe in Dr. Wiltshire's hands. Sometimes it's hard to find a doctor attentive to the patient experience, even when you are dealing with cancer and fertility, but Dr. Wiltshire is the rare combination of excellent physician and bedside manner.
With Dr. Wiltshire you are safe to ask the questions you may be hesitating about. The things that worry you and you are not sure about. You will be heard and respected!
I was impressed how Dr. Wiltshire treated me with the utmost respect throughout my treatment. From beginning to end she answered all my questions and never rushed me. Dr. Wiltshire explained the complexities of my situation and was willing to do research to thoroughly answer my questions and formulate a plan that would give me a fighting chance. She check-in via email, phone, and zoom, before and during treatment to see how I was doing and talk through how to proceed. I can't recommend Dr. Wiltshire enough as a physician who is both intelligent and has a great caring bedside manner.
The first cycle was ten days of injections. I started with six follicles, three of which grew, but by the end of the cycle only one for possible retrieval so the cycle was ended with retrieval. The second cycle consisted of nine days of injections, this time I was able to proceed to retrieval and had two eggs retrieved and frozen.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Kathryn Klinger)
Kate was great. She provided me with an email with an overview of how treatment schedule could go. Links to videos to prepare for injections and an FAQ from the center. She also did a practice injection session over zoom so I could be comfortable with giving myself injections. Kate responded promptly to my questions. She gave me clear instructions throughout and after egg retrieval for medication and restrictions.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Most of my care was covered by insurance, but co-pays for visits including morning monitoring, blood work, ultrasounds, and medication was between $1000 - $1200

2022 - 2023, Successful
Dr Forman made me feel like I was his only patient (even though I know I was one of many.) He answered every single one of my questions and never made me feel silly for asking any questions no matter how minor or silly I knew they were. Whenever I had concerns about anything he would respond quicker than I could have ever asked for. He truly has the best bedside manner of any doctor I have ever seen and when having to go through IVF and all the unknowns that come with it; having a doctor you can talk to is so important. Never once did I feel like a number with Dr Forman
Columbia overall is fantastic. I never had to wait for anything or be put on hold like so many other doctors offices do to you. Everything runs so well and they make sure that everything that’ is needed gets done for you. The morning monitoring appointments you’re literally in and out in less than 20 mins. All the doctors seem great and Dr Forman tried to make all my appointments himself...Christine was the primary nurse I interacted with and she was amazing. Always answered all questions no matter how silly they were and made me feel like I was a friend instead of a patient.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr Forman is the best doctor I’ve ever had. Before starting IVF I researched many doctors with Dr Forman being my #1 and hoping he would take my insurance. After having my first consultation with Dr Forman, I realized I 100% made the right decision. He never wasted my time & had me on a schedule of all the necessary tests needed to complete an egg retrieval as soon as I could. He spent time answering all my and my husbands and questions and anything I felt I forgot to answer at the time he would email me back right away with an answer. He gave realistic expectations while still keeping me optimistic throughout and he was always right.
Put your trust in Dr Forman and the process because he will never steer you wrong. I am a huge internet researcher and I learned that that will only drive me crazy. Dr Forman is truly an amazing doctor and you’ll be in the best hands.
I used Gonal F, Menopour and centroide. My trigger was HCG 5000 IU and Leuprolide Acetate. I did this for two cycles yielding 16 eggs and then 17 eggs at my egg retrievals.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Christine )
Christine was the primary nurse I interacted with and she was amazing. Always answered all questions no matter how silly they were and made me feel like I was a friend instead of a patient. I had a few freak outs over medications that I emailed her “in the moment” and she as always there to calm me down and help me navigate to fix them.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Mostly covered by insurance besides the genetic testing of embryos
I transferred one single embryo and that’s what I had wanted to begin with.

2022 - 2023, Successful
Dr. Eric Forman's expertise in the field of in fertility care is truly unmatched. His extensive knowledge and experience are evident in every aspect of their practice...His ability to communicate complex medical information in a clear and understandable manner was truly commendable. I knew I was not going to receive a one size fits all type of care, and he truly tailors the care you need to your specific body and what is going on...an exceptional doctor who combines unparalleled expertise with compassionate care
From the moment I stepped into their clinic [Columbia University], I felt an overwhelming sense of warmth, empathy, and professionalism that immediately put me at ease...The nursing team was incredibly kind, compassionate, and competent. They made each visit comfortable and stress-free, ensuring that I felt supported throughout the entire process. I am forever grateful to Dr. Eric Forman for all his help throughout this process.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
I recently had the extraordinary privilege of being treated by Dr. Eric Forman, and I can confidently say that his office is the best Fertility clinic I have been to, and he is the best doctor I have ever encountered. From the moment I stepped into their clinic, I felt an overwhelming sense of warmth, empathy, and professionalism that immediately put me at ease. We traveled very far to be under his care. It was worth every penny. I would do it over again if I had to. Dr. Eric Forman's expertise in the field of in fertility care is truly unmatched. His extensive knowledge and experience are evident in every aspect of their practice. During my initial consultation, he took the time to thoroughly explain the entire IVF process we ended up only needing an IUI, but they addressed all my concerns and patiently answered all my questions. His ability to communicate complex medical information in a clear and understandable manner was truly commendable. I knew I was not going to receive a one size fits all type of care, and he truly tailors the care you need to your specific body and what is going on. One of the most impressive aspects of Dr. Eric Forman's approach is his personalized and individualized care. They recognized that every patient's journey is unique, and they tailored my treatment plan to suit my specific needs. They took the time to understand my medical history, lifestyle, and emotional well-being, ensuring that my treatment was not only medically sound but also emotionally supportive. Throughout our entire process, Dr. Eric Forman and his team displayed exceptional professionalism and dedication. They provided continuous support, not just during appointments but also via phone and email, promptly addressing any concerns or anxieties I had. His availability and responsiveness made me feel valued and cared for as a patient. The level of attention and care extended to me by Dr. Eric Forman extended to their entire staff. The nursing team was incredibly kind, compassionate, and competent. They made each visit comfortable and stress-free, ensuring that I felt supported throughout the entire process. I am forever grateful to Dr. Eric Forman for all his help throughout this process. We ended up seeing a different clinic for our IUI, but he guided me through the whole process and he answered every single email I sent him (even when he didn’t have to). He made sure they were doing what they needed to be doing and NOW WE ARE PREGNANT! Dr. Eric Forman is an exceptional doctor who combines unparalleled expertise with compassionate care. His dedication to his patients, personalized approach, and outstanding results makes him the best fertility doctor I have ever encountered. If you are searching for a knowledgeable, skilled, and compassionate fertility specialist, I wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Eric Forman. I truly believe I would not be pregnant if it weren’t for him. The care I received during my IUI was not even comparable to the care he provides. Due to the timing, we just couldn’t make it to NYC for this specific IUI cycle.
Don't lose hope! And document your entire journey
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Strengths: Expertise and Success Rates: The clinic boasts an exceptional level of expertise and a track record of high success rates in IVF treatments. Dr. Forman is renowned for their extensive knowledge and experience in the field, ensuring patients receive top-notch care. Personalized Approach: One of the clinic's greatest strengths lies in their personalized approach to treatment. Dr. Forman understands that every patient's journey is unique, and they take the time to tailor treatment plans to individual needs, maximizing the chances of success. Compassionate Care: The clinic excels in providing compassionate care to patients throughout their IVF journey. Dr. Forman and their dedicated staff prioritize emotional support, ensuring patients feel heard, understood, and valued. They create a nurturing environment that eases the stress and anxiety associated with fertility treatments. Effective Communication: Dr. Forman possesses exceptional communication skills, allowing them to effectively convey complex medical information to patients in a clear and understandable manner. They are attentive listeners, taking the time to address all patient concerns and questions, promoting a strong doctor-patient relationship. Weaknesses: Availability and Wait Times: Due to their exceptional reputation, the clinic may experience high demand, leading to longer wait times for appointments. While the quality of care is worth the wait, some patients may find the scheduling process slightly challenging. Geographic Location: The clinic's location may pose a challenge for patients who reside far away. However, for those seeking the best IVF doctor, the travel distance may be a worthy sacrifice considering the level of expertise and care provided. Other Considerations: Cost and Insurance: It is advisable for prospective patients to inquire about the clinic's pricing structure and whether they accept insurance. Financial considerations are essential to address, as fertility treatments can be costly. The clinic may offer information on financing options or work with insurance providers to ease the financial burden.
For the initial consultation, other virtual appointments, blood work, genetic testing, and my HSG, totaled over $6,000 thankfully our insurance covered majority of it.

2022 - 2023, Successful
Dr. Karipcin is the best of the best. Despite how busy she is, she never makes you feel like a burden. She is always there to answer your questions. Not only that, she genuinely cared about me and my husband. She feels like family now...her guidance was impeccable. We did a modified natural cycle and it worked. I am pregnant currently. Not only is Dr. K an amazing doctor, but she is an extraordinary human being. I adore her and would recommend her a thousand times over for anyone's treatment.
[Columbia University is] Clean, efficient, welcoming. All of my appointments there have been smooth. The nurses doing something as simple as my bloodwork were always friendly and making conversation with me. Despite it being a large facility, you don’t feel like just a number here. You truly feel cared for because of the amazing doctors and staff members...[nurse] Sam and the team at Columbia were always so on top of everything. I knew I was in the best hands. I love the staff at Columbia Fertility.
How was your experience with Sinem Karipcin at Columbia University?
As mentioned, Dr. K is incredible, humane, thorough, and kind. She is the exact kind of person you would want to work with during something as sensitive as IVF treatment. Our case was a bit unique, as I did IVF to ensure I didn’t potentially pass along a genetic disease to my children that is in my family. However, I didn’t want to know the status of whether I have the gene or not. This happens through a process called nondisclosure genetic testing. I did research and saw that Dr. K had experience in this domain. Columbia is also pioneers in this field. I feel incredibly blessed that I went with Dr. K for this extremely important and life-changing process. She is knowledgeable and made myself and my husband feel comfortable every step of the way. Though she wasn’t able to do my second retrieval or the transfer just based on when the dates fell, I felt her presence every step of the way. Between both retrievals, I had 8 perfectly healthy embryos that we were able to freeze. Her guidance through the whole process was absolutely spot on. I wanted to do a natural frozen embryo cycle rather than medicated, and she made it work for me. Again, her guidance was impeccable. We did a modified natural cycle and it worked. I am pregnant currently. Not only is Dr. K an amazing doctor, but she is an extraordinary human being. I adore her and would recommend her a thousand times over for anyone's treatment.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Columbia University.
Always kind in their emails, clear instructions for any steps moving forward. I was never confused with what to do next. IVF is filled with medications, directions, and specific times. The nurses made everything clear and were easily accessible whenever I did have questions. Sam, my care coordinator, has helped me on so many occasions. She was patient, efficient, and also so kind. Since I don’t live in Manhattan and I’m a teacher, I needed to do some outside monitoring at a local facility during my IVF process. This involved Sam sending me requisition forms and also making sure Columbia received the results from my local facility in a timely manner to give me instructions. Sam and the team at Columbia were always so on top of everything. I knew I was in the best hands. I love the staff at Columbia Fertility.

2022 - 2023, 22 Eggs Frozen
I had an egg freezing cycle. She [Dr. Ashley Wiltshire] monitored my hormones and my follicle size and adjusted the levels day by day and I responded appropriately. She has the medical expertise to get you to achieve your goal. It was nerve wracking for me since I have to pay out of pocket but I only had successful experiences with her...She was very kind, answered all my medical questions, was never inpatient with me...I was very afraid of how I would manage with my busy schedule but she accommodated every question I had an maneuvered my cycle so I would do it before my vacation and an important exam. I gladly did a second cycle with her because of how easy she made it the first time and because she explained to me the percentage of success with my first cycle. I like that she involved me with the process. She is incredibly smart and I’m so glad I got to experience her care as a patient.
[Columbia University's] strength was that there was 2 locations so I did my ultrasound in one location and the egg retrieval somewhere else which went smoothly with my job schedule. They also allowed me to meet with the doctors virtually. Also they gave me information on how to qualify for the medications with a discount program which was not done at the other fertility center I visited before this one. Basically everything that was initially going to be a barrier was resolved in this clinic (location, visits, and medications).First cycle $10,450. Second cycle $9700...
How was your experience with Ashley Wiltshire at Columbia University?
Rest easy because you are in safe, knowledgeable, and kind hands. Any worries you have, she will tell you the truth and use her medical reasoning while being understanding. You lucked out as did I!
I had an egg freezing cycle. She monitored my hormones and my follicle size and adjusted the levels day by day and I responded appropriately. She has the medical expertise to get you to achieve your goal. It was nerve wracking for me since I have to pay out of pocket but I only had successful experiences with her.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Sakari Joseph)
I had many nurses but the main nurse always responded quickly and would reach out to Dr. Wiltshire if she needed to or to the Medication Coordinator or Appointment Coordinator in a timely manner
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The clinic’s strength was that there was 2 locations so I did my ultrasound in one location and the egg retrieval somewhere else which went smoothly with my job schedule. They also allowed me to meet with the doctors virtually. Also they gave me information on how to qualify for the medications with a discount program which was not done at the other fertility center I visited before this one. Basically everything that was initially going to be a barrier was resolved in this clinic (location, visits, and medications).
First cycle $10,450. Second cycle $9700
I did not do elective single embryo transfer
2022 - 2023, Successful
Dr. Forman always made us feel like a priority and had exceptional bedside manner...he took the time to walk us through the information we needed, or followed up soon after. He was also very responsive via email, which was helpful in navigating such a challenging process. Finally, when he did have difficult news to relate, he would always call and show the balance of empathy and clinical clarity that we needed...He was instrumental in recommending a course of action that lead to my first health pregnancy after 10 rounds of ivf.
overall a professional and friendly clinic [Columbia University] that always seemed well run. No specific weaknesses come to mind. Their particular model has you seeing different doctors throughout the monitoring stage. This was fine for us because Dr. Forman always checked in around significant results and conducted all of the procedures...Overall a very competent nursing staff that was able to answer most of our questions, especially around drug protocols.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
I have seen three doctors in total, and consulted with many more. Dr. Forman is among the best and someone that I highly recommend for anyone looking for a doctor who will give you clear guidance and really help inform the decision making. He was instrumental in recommending a course of action that lead to my first health pregnancy after 10 rounds of ivf.
Dr. Forman has limited time during monitoring hours, so if you have any follow up questions make sure you reach out over email- he will always get back to you and provide a clear overview.
Dr. Forman always made us feel like a priority and had exceptional bedside manner. Even when the practice was busy, he took the time to walk us through the information we needed, or followed up soon after. He was also very responsive via email, which was helpful in navigating such a challenging process. Finally, when he did have difficult news to relate, he would always call and show the balance of empathy and clinical clarity that we needed.
We started with a duo-stim ivf cycle, which was experimental, but did lead to a successful egg retrieval after several cancelled cycles. We eventually made the decision to shift to a donor egg approach, which has it's own set of complications. And Dr. Forman advised us through the donor selection process and then the transfer, which was a dedicated transfer cycle.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
overall a professional and friendly clinic that always seemed well run. No specific weaknesses come to mind. Their particular model has you seeing different doctors throughout the monitoring stage. This was fine for us because Dr. Forman always checked in around significant results and conducted all of the procedures.