LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

LGBTQ+ Competent Care

Based on reviews from the LGBTQ+ community.

Eric Forman
Strongly recommend: 100%9.9
Ashley Wiltshire
Strongly recommend: 98%Neutral: 2%10
Zev Williams
LGBTQ+ Competent Care

Based on reviews from the LGBTQ+ community.

Briana Rudick

White Plains
244 Westchester Ave., Suite 211
White Plains, NY 10604

2023, Successful
Dr. Robles was intelligent, patient, and respectful of our time and feelings throughout the process. He made us feel in control and in the loop. I was thrilled with how smoothly everything went and how supported I felt...was always warm and personable. He engaged with me and answered all my questions and helped me find a custom approach to maintaining my exercise routine during the entire process. I always felt comfortable, informed and in good hands.
This clinic [Columbia University] did a great job making me feel safe and comfortable. In the past I worked with another clinic (RMA) that had poor communication and logistical setup. My experience with Columbia was much better...nurse Jenny was always very friendly and caring. The rest of the staff was efficient and competent and helped make the process as smooth as possible...Dr. Robles was intelligent, patient, and respectful of our time and feelings throughout the process. He made us feel in control and in the loop. I was thrilled with how smoothly everything went and how supported I felt.
How was your experience with Alex Robles at Columbia University?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alex Robles at Columbia University?
I would say that you can trust him to take good care of you!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alex Robles at Columbia University?
Dr. Robles was always warm and personable. He engaged with me and answered all my questions and helped me find a custom approach to maintaining my exercise routine during the entire process. I always felt comfortable, informed and in good hands.
Describe the protocols Alex Robles used in your cycles at Columbia University and their degree of success.
Dr. Robles would have me come every couple days to check the follicle size and then make any necessary adjustments to the medication. He did a great job timing things because we ended up with a lot of eggs and a great number of embryos!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: The nurse Jenny was always a pleasure)
The nurse Jenny was always very friendly and caring. The rest of the staff was efficient and competent and helped make the process as smooth as possible.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
This clinic did a great job making me feel safe and comfortable. In the past I worked with another clinic (RMA) that had poor communication and logistical setup. My experience with Columbia was much better!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alex Robles at Columbia University.
My insurance fortunately covered the bulk of our expenses
Describe Alex Robles's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Columbia University.

2023, Successful
Dr. Bishop was great at communicating the treatment and next steps and was always available to answer questions. She was kind in her communication and set clear expectations. She was able to communicate the treatment and some of the set-backs and any changes that we may need to do...compassionate and accommodating and always willing and available to answer questions...Dr. Bishop's approach is single embryo transfer
The [Columbia Univserity] clinic was great, close proximity and easy access to me. Flexible working hours especially on the weekends. The staff was always nice and professional. The premises were always clean, the visits were fast, not overcrowded, no long waiting periods. It felt very comfortable, especially for me and my work schedule...My care team was very clear and provided clear and detailed instructions. They were always approachable, and always available to answer questions about anything I may need. They were all very accommodating especially since I was working full time during treatment, I appreciate the flexibility in the communication with my care team.
How was your experience with Lauren Bishop at Columbia University?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lauren Bishop at Columbia University?
Ask questions, and do not be shy.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lauren Bishop at Columbia University?
Dr.Bishop and the entire team were compassionate and accommodating and always willing and available to answer questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Kristina Cudjoe)
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The clinic was great, close proximity and easy access to me. Flexible working hours especially on the weekends. The staff was always nice and professional. The premises were always clean, the visits were fast, not overcrowded, no long waiting periods. It felt very comfortable, especially for me and my work schedule.
Describe Lauren Bishop's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Columbia University.
Dr. Bishop's approach is single embryo transfer
2023, 22 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Lauren Bishop was thorough, warm and caring. I was never made to feel my questions were irrelevant or “silly.” She responded quickly. Her nurse was fantastic as well and answered all my questions quickly too...I received responses to my questions quickly, along with any worries or concerns that I also got answers to quickly. I was never made to feel I was overthinking...
[Columbia University] Clinic is great. Clean, beautiful and very pleasant to visit. No complaints on the clinic at all. Patients should be ready to visit the clinic a lot during the process...Just after the retrieval when I did feel a bit forgotten…I was in so much pain and I felt like they weren’t taking me seriously. I understand the after effects are normal, but I was REALLY uncomfortable and would have like a bit more timely answers and attention.
How was your experience with Lauren Bishop at Columbia University?
If it was something you weren’t able to do, doctors wouldn’t allow you to do it. You are capable and will be fine.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Kristina)
All good. Just after the retrieval when I did feel a bit forgotten…I was in so much pain and I felt like they weren’t taking me seriously. I understand the after effects are normal, but I was REALLY uncomfortable and would have like a bit more timely answers and attention.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Clinic is great. Clean, beautiful and very pleasant to visit. No complaints on the clinic at all. Patients should be ready to visit the clinic a lot during the process. ……………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………….………. …………………………………………………….
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lauren Bishop at Columbia University.
What specific things went wrong at Columbia University?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Columbia University.
Just a pain medicine when I was uncomfortable. I ended up recieving the medicine the next day since they weren’t sent in the day off. It was minimal but frustrating since I was uncomfortable and not sleeping very well
2023, Successful
Columbia Fertility is a great clinic. They are super efficient and organized when it comes to morning monitoring or ultrasounds. Appointments are generally on time and fast. They are also really quick about communicating results and follow ups within a couple of hours of the visit...Dr. Bishop is confident yet humble in her approach. She answers questions clearly and really quickly. She took the time to understand all my history and I could tell she really remembered it because she would bring up details each time we spoke. She wasn’t available for most of my visits but since those were quick ultrasounds, it wasn’t necessary to consult her. However, anytime I did want to see or speak with her, she made herself available for me. Overall a great experience with Dr. Bishop.
How was your experience with Lauren Bishop at Columbia University?
Let her know if and when you want her to be present. She isn’t in the office all days so I made sure to schedule my important visits on days she was there.
She remembers important details and takes the time to review my history before a consultation

2022, Successful
[Dr. Priyanka Ghosh] is a very good listener. She asked me about my history and took time to answer all my questions. I did not feel rushed or pressured to pursue any type of treatment. She followed up with me regularly to see how I was doing...Take your time and ask as many questions as you would like...I never felt rushed or uncomfortable.
The entire care team [at Columbia University] was very organized and was prompt in getting back to me when I had questions. They helped me schedule appointments and helped me understand the process. They were very helpful and patient...Almost everything has been covered by my insurance. I've had a few copays. There was a financial coordinator who helped me...The clinic was very clean and comfortable. Everyone I interacted with was friendly and seemed like they cared about the patients. I never felt rushed or uncomfortable.
How was your experience with Priyanka Ghosh at Columbia University?
Dr. Ghosh is a very good listener. She asked me about my history and took time to answer all my questions. I did not feel rushed or pressured to pursue any type of treatment. She followed up with me regularly to see how I was doing.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Priyanka Ghosh at Columbia University?
Take your time and ask as many questions as you would like.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Priyanka Ghosh at Columbia University?
Describe the protocols Priyanka Ghosh used in your cycles at Columbia University and their degree of success.
I don't remember specifics.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University.
The entire care team was very organized and was prompt in getting back to me when I had questions. They helped me schedule appointments and helped me understand the process. They were very helpful and patient.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The clinic was very organized, prompt with appointments, and the staff was very friendly and organized. The clinic was very clean and comfortable. Everyone I interacted with was friendly and seemed like they cared about the patients. I never felt rushed or uncomfortable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Priyanka Ghosh at Columbia University.
Describe Priyanka Ghosh's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Columbia University.

2020, 27 Eggs Frozen
1 Egg Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
Dr. Brady kept in great touch with me throughout, was very personal, and was very attuned to the unique concerns my oncological situation presented...was wonderful - communicative, sensitive, and her personality is not extreme in any direction: she didn't sugarcoat anything, but also was appropriately excited for me when sharing that my reserve amounts were high or that my egg retrieval had gone well...Even though fertility processes need to run on a strict schedule, I did not feel like a number or statistic while there. Very patient-focused
Everyone I encountered at Columbia Fertility was great. They made what was a difficult process for me (I have breast cancer and never would have otherwise been there seeking their services) easy and as painless as possible...they helped me apply to programs that give cancer patients the necessary medications for free...Organized, clean, friendly, barely ever waited at all. Even though fertility processes need to run on a strict schedule, I did not feel like a number or statistic while there. Very patient-focused clinic.
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Dr. Brady was wonderful - communicative, sensitive, and her personality is not extreme in any direction: she didn't sugarcoat anything, but also was appropriately excited for me when sharing that my reserve amounts were high or that my egg retrieval had gone well.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Nothing really, she was great.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Varda; Sherry)
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paula Brady at Columbia University.
Very few, because my insurance covered it and they helped me apply to programs that give cancer patients the necessary medications for free.

2021 - 2023, Successful
From our first video consultation we had, Dr. Bishop showed knowledge, professionalism and supportive care. After unsuccessful cycles from different previous infertility clinics, Dr. Bishop made me feel like a human patient with her empathy care. I am very happy I got to chose her as my care provider during my infertility journey...Her Professionalism and empathy care to the patient make me feel like a human.
The clinic is outstanding friendly and kind environment, they really care for patients Columbia University Fertility Center really exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend them to anybody looking to start a fertility journey...Dr. Bishop showed knowledge, professionalism and supportive care. After unsuccessful cycles from different previous infertility clinics, Dr. Bishop made me feel like a human patient with her empathy care. I am very happy I got to chose her as my care provider during my infertility journey.
How was your experience with Lauren Bishop at Columbia University?
Feel confident to choose her as a fertility care provider.
Her Professionalism and empathy care to the patient make me feel like a human.
Describe the protocols Lauren Bishop used in your cycles at Columbia University and their degree of success.
- medication dose during the cycle - preforming a hysteroscopy before embryo transfer - transferring a frozen embryo
Kristina always answered any concerns I had with medication
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The clinic is outstanding friendly and kind environment, they really care for patients Columbia University Fertility Center really exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend them to anybody looking to start a fertility journey .
Dr. Bishop advised and explain the reason why for a single embryo transfer

2023, Successful
Dr. Bishop was a total professional and treated this process with such care and thoughtfulness. I interviewed nine doctors and went with her. The process was clearly outlined, she responded same day to every email with a question, and she was completely invested...She was very responsive and communicative...I just wouldn't hesitate to put your trust in her care.
Every person and doctor I saw during my IVF journey [at Columbia University] was caring and compassionate. No one was ever too busy to be pleasant and make me comfortable during the entire course of treatment. The culture is one that is upbeat and positive which was not the case at other practices I interviewed...The entire [nursing] team was super responsive and organized. They never made a single mistake or delayed to email me.
How was your experience with Lauren Bishop at Columbia University?
I just wouldn't hesitate to put your trust in her care.
She was very responsive and communicative.
The entire team was super responsive and organized. They never made a single mistake or delayed to email me.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Every person and doctor I saw during my IVF journey was caring and compassionate. No one was ever too busy to be pleasant and make me comfortable during the entire course of treatment. The culture is one that is upbeat and positive which was not the case at other practices I interviewed.

2023, Successful
She [Dr. Lauren Bishop] listened and emphasized empathy and sympathy for us women who have issues getting pregnant. I lost hope and she gave me that hope back...So gentle and have a great understanding of me as an individual. Very compassionate...She got the opportunity to know my partner and I and our medical history. Times of concerns she Called me personally to calm me and my mind. She addressed me by my name
The [Columbia University] clinic is precise. If your appointment is 10 you will be seen within 5 minutes. No long wait. The clinic also take the opportunity to know their patients by name and face. Always smiling and full of energy...[nursing staff] are so supportive and responded rapidly to each concern...She [Dr. Lauren Bishop] got the opportunity to know my partner and I and our medical history. Times of concerns she Called me personally to calm me and my mind. She addressed me by my name
How was your experience with Lauren Bishop at Columbia University?
Where do I even start. So gentle and have a great understanding of me as an individual. Very compassionate. She listened and emphasized empathy and sympathy for us women who have issues getting pregnant. I lost hope and she gave me that hope back
Have hope she will come through for you
She used estrogen and progesterone. Although the progesterone is painful she gave me ways to soothe the pain
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Kristina )
Absolutely A1. They are so supportive and responded rapidly to each concern
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The clinic is precise. If your appointment is 10 you will be seen within 5 minutes. No long wait. The clinic also take the opportunity to know their patients by name and face. Always smiling and full of energy
2023, Consult
Dr. Insogna was incredibly warm, thoughtful, compassionate, and personable. She took great care of me and I feel incredibly lucky to have been in her care! We had a very thorough, hour-long initial consultation. She empathized with our situation and laid out options for us. She took time to answer all of my questions and was always very responsive over email...She is clear and thoughtful and takes time to explain everything.
Everyone at the [Columbia University] clinic was welcoming, warm, kind, and positive! I was always seen right on time or even early if I was there early. Everyone from the nurses to the front desk staff to the technicians were positive and encouraging and wonderful. Very nice clinic and easy location to get to...Dr. Insogna is extremely warm, compassionate, and personal. She is clear and thoughtful and takes time to explain everything. Everyone at the Columbia University Fertility Center is amazing!
How was your experience with Iris Insogna at Columbia University?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Iris Insogna at Columbia University?
See her!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Iris Insogna at Columbia University?
Describe the protocols Iris Insogna used in your cycles at Columbia University and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Meghan)
Meghan was a great communicator. She was clear and positive and always wrote to me very quickly.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Everyone at the clinic was welcoming, warm, kind, and positive! I was always seen right on time or even early if I was there early. Everyone from the nurses to the front desk staff to the technicians were positive and encouraging and wonderful. Very nice clinic and easy location to get to.
Describe Iris Insogna's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Columbia University.

2022, Successful
Thanks to Dr. Karipcin's expertise we were able to welcome a healthy baby girl our first round of IVF treatment. She tailored a protocol based on my medical history with such accuracy that it did not need to be adjusted during the medication stage of my IVF treatment. Treatment was timely and precise and any and every detail was explained to me along the way. An exceptional physician all around.
We were able to secure a consultation with the Dr. shortly after we reached out to the [Columbia University] clinic. The process from consultation to egg retrieval was quick and seamless. The clinic was also on top of communications, medications and financials...Our Care Coordinator was very communicative and personable. She was able to answer any questions we had as well as explain things us in an understandable manner.
How was your experience with Sinem Karipcin at Columbia University?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sinem Karipcin at Columbia University?
Trust the Doctor. She is experienced, knowledgeable, accurate and professional.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Varda Souverain)
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
We were able to secure a consultation with the Dr. shortly after we reached out to the clinic. The process from consultation to egg retrieval was quick and seamless. The clinic was also on top of communications, medications and financials.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sinem Karipcin at Columbia University.
IVF treatment was covered by insurance and my company health benefit (Carrot).

2020 - 2022, Successful
IUI With Other Docs
Dr Forman loves his job and doesn’t personalizes every patient’s treatment. You never feel like you are in a “one size fits all” kind of experiment. I will definitely recommend him. I am a registered nurse and with my 10 years of experience working with doctors, I have never met a doctor like Dr. Forman. He is by far the best doctor I have seen...
All the staff [at Columbia University] were very professional and were ready to answer questions...Clinic is very organized. Patients are seen in a timely manner and results are communicated well and promptly. Staff are very respectful and professional. Clinic examination rooms and bathrooms are very clean and all Covid 19 protocols are observed I can’t think of any weakness. My experience has only been a positive one...
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
You can always tell when someone loves their job. Dr Forman loves his job and doesn’t personalizes every patient’s treatment. You never feel like you are in a “one size fits all” kind of experiment. I will definitely recommend him. I am a registered nurse and with my 10 years of experience working with doctors, I have never met a doctor like Dr. Forman. He is by far the best doctor I have seen.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Sometimes we don’t get the news we expect, Dr. Forman was always empathetic and showed concern
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Gertrude)
All the staff were very professional and were ready to answer questions
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman at Columbia University.
My insurance covered my treatment and I had to pay for copayments
Eric Forman
2022, Successful
Dr Lauren Bishop, showed personal care during my treatment. She tried to create a personal rapport with me while I was going thru the treatment. Considered asking my discomfort or pain during procedures...She was considerate. The procedure was done in a humane manner. Dr. Bishop did consider altering my daily progesterone shots but my body responded in a different manner. I would definitely consider recommending her to friends and family.
We had a nice experience. [Columbia University] Clinic was nice and organized. We were not sure as we are from California and how a treatment in NY would be like and but it worked well. We are glad we found Columbia...Dr Lauren Bishop, showed personal care during my treatment. She tried to create a personal rapport with me while I was going thru the treatment. Considered asking my discomfort or pain during procedures.
How was your experience with Lauren Bishop at Columbia University?
Fertility treatment can be challenging begin with faith and strengthen relationship with spouse. Dr Bishop answers questions patiently so begin with clarity.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
We had a nice experience. Clinic was nice and organized. We were not sure as we are from California and how a treatment in NY would be like and but it worked well. We are glad we found Columbia. j j j
Yes she considered my comfort and transferred one embryo. Am I glad? You bet!
2022, Successful
She's [Dr. Jenna Turocy] very efficient and gets to the point. Very clear at giving instructions and had great bed side manners. Would of enjoyed seeing her more often during my treatment and explain things in person versus email...She was patient, thoughtful and compassionate...I was prescribed metformin 1,200 mg to help to get pregnant. In addition, I took Letrazole before ovulation (2 tablets 2.5mg in total 5mg) was instructed to have sex and was inseminated.
[Columbia University was] Very organized and great at communication skills. They were sweet and kind and explained everything in great detail. No weaknesses that I encountered everyone was great from the nurses, women taking blood and receptionist...[nurse was] She was absolutely excellent (clear, precise and detailed oriented when giving instructions. Was great at responding to emails as well.
How was your experience with Jenna Turocy at Columbia University?
She's very efficient and gets to the point. Very clear at giving instructions and had great bed side manners. Would of enjoyed seeing her more often during my treatment and explain things in person versus email.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jenna Turocy at Columbia University?
Don't be afraid to ask questions her team does a great job at responding within minutes or hours.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jenna Turocy at Columbia University?
She was patient, thoughtful and compassionate.
Describe the protocols Jenna Turocy used in your cycles at Columbia University and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Joseph, Sakari A.)
Jenna Turocy
Columbia University

Dr. K explained things candidly and matter of factly and I appreciated her straightforward and honest approach. She always took her time explaining things to me and I never felt like she was rushing to the next patient or watching the clock...She was easily accessible by email or phone and really helped guide us through the process.
The [Columbia University] facility itself is inviting and the patient rooms and procedure areas are all thoughtfully laid out. It was great being able to get all bloodwork, ultrasounds, etc done on site as well. Appointments were easy to schedule...It was wonderful having a dedicated [nursing] team I could rely on and communicate with
How was your experience with Sinem Karipcin at Columbia University?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sinem Karipcin at Columbia University?
Dr. K was always willing to take the time to explain things to me in detail. She was easily accessible by email or phone and really helped guide us through the process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Varda)
It was wonderful having a dedicated team I could rely on and communicate with. Varda and Zaria were both very helpful.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The facility itself is inviting and the patient rooms and procedure areas are all thoughtfully laid out. It was great being able to get all bloodwork, ultrasounds, etc done on site as well. Appointments were easy to schedule.
Insurance covered most of it.
2020, Unknown Success
Dr Brady was very caring in guiding me throughout the process...Dr Brady does not necessarily do all the procedures herself, but I also had a great experience with the other doctors and nurses that are part of Columbia Fertility...Dr Brady was very responsive and checked in throughout the process...Overall I had a very positive and successful experience
everyone at the clinic [Columbia University] was professional and friendly. The only downside is that they can be a bit inflexible with timing of procedures. I often had to move work commitments around the clinics schedule...Dr Brady does not necessarily do all the procedures herself, but I also had a great experience with the other doctors and nurses that are part of Columbia Fertility
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Overall I had a very positive and successful experience. I had been struggling to get pregnant for over a year and going to a fertility clinic was initially a scary thought. Dr Brady was very caring in guiding me throughout the process. I was able to get pregnant and freeze additional embryos for the future with 1 IVF trial.
The only thing to note is that Dr Brady does not necessarily do all the procedures herself, but I also had a great experience with the other doctors and nurses that are part of Columbia Fertility.
Dr Brady was very responsive and checked in throughout the process
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Overall everyone at the clinic was professional and friendly. The only downside is that they can be a bit inflexible with timing of procedures. I often had to move work commitments around the clinics schedule.
Columbia University
Dr. Brady was very knowledgable and so caring to us. We really felt comfortable when talking to her, and she had so much patience explaining everything to us! Whenever something was bothering me or if I was worried about something, Dr Brady or someone from the team would email or give me a phone call to discuss. Really top doctor
The Clinic [Columbia University] was very organized and well planned out. Everyone was very kind, and always greeted me with a smile. The wait time was not so long, and it was a calm atmosphere. All the staff were very kind and very respectful to our privacy and our needs...They [nurses] were always there to answer any questions and to help with injections. Whenever I needed a tweak to something, they would find different options for me. They would also check in with me to see how I was doing, and always ask if I had any questions
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Madison Leffler)
They were always there to answer any questions and to help with injections. Whenever I needed a tweak to something, they would find different options for me. They would also check in with me to see how I was doing, and always ask if I had any questions
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The Clinic was very organized and well planned out. Everyone was very kind, and always greeted me with a smile. The wait time was not so long, and it was a calm atmosphere. All the staff were very kind and very respectful to our privacy and our needs.

2019, 8 Eggs Frozen
1 Egg Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
[Dr. Paula Brady] Monitored me very closely to ensure proper course of actions with injections and medication...was very personable and compassionate...was very thorough and helpful. She always had a pleasant attitude when I met her for my appointments and made things very easy. She made me feel very comfortable throughout the entire process...She’s very caring and helpful...From the very first step of receiving information to the end of my process
Loved all the staff at Columbia University Fertility. They were very helpful and compassionate. From the very first step of receiving information to the end of my process, Sherry and Varda [nurses], truly made me feel very comfortable and made the journey much easier...The clinic was very efficient in getting patients in and out of the office for appointments and they were very accommodating with your schedule. Everything from the reception to the patient rooms to blood work area were well organized and very clean.
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Dr. Brady was very thorough and helpful. She always had a pleasant attitude when I met her for my appointments and made things very easy. She made me feel very comfortable throughout the entire process.
She’s very caring and helpful.
Dr. Brady was very personable and compassionate.
Describe the protocols Paula Brady used in your cycles at Columbia University and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Varda and Sherry )
Loved all the staff at Columbia University Fertility. They were very helpful and compassionate. From the very first step of receiving information to the end of my process, Sherry and Varda, truly made me feel very comfortable and made the journey much easier.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Out of pocket. Insurance did not cover my procedure.
Columbia University
Dr. Brady is a talented doctor and is clearly devoted to her profession and her patients. She always took the time (even on her busiest days) to answer all of my questions clearly and directly. She has great bedside manner and a calming personality... I immediately trusted her and believe her expertise and bedside manner set her apart...She is very responsive to phone calls and emails and truly committed to her patients' success...Don't hesitate to ask questions. She's busy and knows what she's doing, but will absolutely take the time to explain if you ask.
Overall the clinic [Columbia University] is very efficient. They work hard to accommodate schedules, work with insurance, and field questions. The staff is wonderful and warm. Don't hesitate to ask questions and advocate for yourself...Dr. Brady is a talented doctor and is clearly devoted to her profession and her patients. She always took the time (even on her busiest days) to answer all of my questions clearly and directly. She has great bedside manner and a calming personality...I immediately trusted her and believe her expertise and bedside manner set her apart. She always took the time to listen to my concerns and answer my questions. She is very responsive to phone calls and emails and truly committed to her patients' success.
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
I had a somewhat unsettling experience with another doctor in the practice before becoming a patient of Dr. Brady's. I immediately trusted her and believe her expertise and bedside manner set her apart. She always took the time to listen to my concerns and answer my questions. She is very responsive to phone calls and emails and truly committed to her patients' success.
Letrozole, IUI
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University.
Excellent
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Overall the clinic is very efficient. They work hard to accommodate schedules, work with insurance, and field questions. The staff is wonderful and warm. Don't hesitate to ask questions and advocate for yourself.

2023, Successful
The [Columbia University] doctor who would conduct your procedure may not be your primary doctor. I have done 2 egg retrieval procedures and 2 implant procedures, and it was different doctors every time. But all doctors and nurses will treat you seriously and friendly...Dr. Insogna is very patient to answer all our questions professionally but still in a way that's easy for us to understand. She always made sure that we make informative and comfortable decisions. Her thoughtful care and sweet smiles also smoothed the whole process. We would definitely recommend her...is very patience to answer all questions and make sure we are comfortable with the planned process.
How was your experience with Iris Insogna at Columbia University?
Dr. Insogna is very patience to answer all questions and make sure we are comfortable with the planned process.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The doctor who would conduct your procedure may not be your primary doctor. I have done 2 egg retrieval procedures and 2 implant procedures, and it was different doctors every time. But all doctors and nurses will treat you seriously and friendly.

2023, Successful
The [Columbia University] clinic has excellent care but I think their administrative side could be improved upon, especially their insurance coordinators. Overall, all turned out okay but I had to stay on top of them sometimes...Dr. Robles is the best. He answered all of my millions of questions patiently and thoroughly. He is very knowledgeable and is also very personable. I did my first and only egg retrieval and embryo transfer with him and got pregnant on the first try. I’m currently 10 weeks pregnant.
How was your experience with Alex Robles at Columbia University?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Haley )
Haley was great. Always responsive and answered all my questions. Good communicator.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The clinic has excellent care but I think their administrative side could be improved upon, especially their insurance coordinators. Overall, all turned out okay but I had to stay on top of them sometimes.
Most was covered by my insurance

2022, Successful
Dr Brady made me understand IVF so well. I never thought I would have to go through the process due to having past natural pregnancies. She was so sweet and so knowledgeable about the whole process. She made me feel so comfortable and always answered all my questions. I will always be so so thankful for her...Trust her process. She knows her stuff very well.
The [Columbia University] clinic is very nice and modern. I did not have to wait long for testing. The staff there are very friendly. The blood drawing was always done very quickly. I don’t have any weaknesses to share. Everything always went smoothly...[nurse] Angela was so caring and sweet. She always responded back to my worrying emails and made me feel so calm about the situation...Dr Brady made me understand IVF so well. I never thought I would have to go through the process due to having past natural pregnancies. She was so sweet and so knowledgeable about the whole process. She made me feel so comfortable and always answered all my questions. I will always be so so thankful for her!
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Trust her process. She knows her stuff very well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Angela )
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The clinic is very nice and modern. I did not have to wait long for testing. The staff there are very friendly. The blood drawing was always done very quickly. I don’t have any weaknesses to share. Everything always went smoothly.
Health insurance covered
Columbia University

Dr. McConnell was very thorough, clear and compassionate throughout my entire treatment. She explained all steps during and moving forward. She also took all questions with expertise. She was able to treat my PCOS in one cycle...[she] listened to all my and my husband's concerns throughout the entire process..
The entire Columbia team is a well oiled machine. You never have to send multiple emails or make multiple phone calls. They reach out and respond immediately. I have never seen a practice work as well as they do...Dr. McConnell was very thorough, clear and compassionate throughout my entire treatment. She explained all steps during and moving forward
How was your experience with Rachel McConnell at Columbia University?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rachel McConnell at Columbia University?
Listen and ask questions, she will always respond.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rachel McConnell at Columbia University?
Dr. McConnell listened to all my and my husband's concerns throughout the entire process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Katrina Leong)
The entire staff at Columbia was timely, organized and responsible throughout the entire process.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rachel McConnell at Columbia University.
My insurance covered the costs.
Rachel McConnell
LGBTQ+

2022 - 2023, Successful
LGBTQ+
My experience with Dr. Ghosh was an amazing one...LGBTQ couple... I felt safe and cared for...explained things throughly...took her time I never felt like I was rush or that there was a question I couldn't ask...was also very communicative through email not only to myself but also my partner
Overall I had a great experience with [Columbia University]...They were always responsive whenever I needed anything...White plans location is smaller and has faster service then the one in the city...all had a great bedside manner. Since the clinic was smaller they knew me by name and were always very welcoming.
How was your experience with Priyanka Ghosh at Columbia University?
My experience with Dr. Ghosh was an amazing one. This was my second fertility center and I had a much better experience under her care. I felt safe and cared for. She explained things throughly and took her time I never felt like I was rush or that there was a question I couldn't ask. She was also very communicative through email not only to myself but also my partner. As an LGBTQ couple we had a truly amazing experience.
I would try to see her at the White plans office on the days she is there which was Wednesday's this time around. It was really great to see her when I did. Though I didn't see her often she was always available via email.
Dr Ghosh had amazing bedside manner and was very easy to talk to. She was very through and always led with the positive. I felt safe in her care.
I do not remember the specifics, however, since this was my second go around with a fertility center she did a great job looking at my files from the other center and adjusted all medications she reccomended as to not give me too much.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Columbia University.
They all had a great bedside manner. Since the clinic was smaller they knew me by name and were always very welcoming.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Overall I had a great experience with the clinic. They were always responsive whenever I needed anything. The White plans location is smaller and has faster service then the one in the city. I recommend going there if you can.
My insurance covered all of my IUI cost, but I paid 2,000 out of pocket for IVF and an additional 2,000 for genetic testing.
Due to my age I did want multiple embryo transfer, but Dr. Ghosh did a good job of explaining why it wasn't a good idea.
West Harrison (closed)

2023 - 2024, Successful
Dr. Ghosh’s knowledge, expertise, empathy, and optimism reframed the whole IVF experience for me...After my first failed cycle...adjusted by adding estrogen...doubled the amount of eggs retrieved...always felt respected and heard...was always available to answer my questions or field concerns. Communication was excellent
CUFC is busy and services many patients, but this didn’t diminish the individual care...Scans and bloodwork run like a well-oiled machine...Elizabeth, was extremely caring and knowledgeable...staff was always caring and accommodating, and explained what was happening at each step
How was your experience with Priyanka Ghosh at Columbia University?
Since our first meeting, Dr. Ghosh’s knowledge, expertise, empathy, and optimism reframed the whole IVF experience for me – I immediately felt at ease, and that a family could be possible for me at 40. You can quickly tell that this is a caring provider who wants the best for you. Both my partner and I always felt respected and heard. Dr. Ghosh conveyed information in a way that really respected our intelligence and made us feel included – clearly and thoroughly, using medical terms and then explaining those terms. She was always available to answer my questions or field concerns. Communication was excellent – I was always given a thoughtful, expert response.
Trust the process – IVF injections are not as scary as you imagine, especially with such excellent care. Do not get discouraged if your first round of IVF is unsuccessful. The first round is an opportunity to access exactly what you’ll need for the next one.
Dr. Ghosh was wonderful, empathetic, and genuine through every step of the process. I felt extremely supported – she was always there to answer questions and explain everything about the IVF journey. She truly cares about her patients – it made me feel so much better about the whole experience.
After my first failed cycle, Dr. Ghosh adjusted by adding estrogen. It doubled the amount of eggs retrieved – an amazing outcome for us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Elizabeth Ginley )
My nurse, Elizabeth, was extremely caring and knowledgeable. The email instructions I received throughout our IVF cycle made the experience so much easier. There was never a question about what to inject or how. Elizabeth always checked on me to make sure everything was going smoothly. She also answered any questions that arose promptly and clearly.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The Columbus Circle office of CUFC is busy and services many patients, but this didn’t diminish the individual care. Scans and bloodwork run like a well-oiled machine. The staff was always caring and accommodating, and explained what was happening at each step. When you’re visiting so often, you really just want all of your visits to go quickly and smoothly. This was always the case for me. In terms of other doctors who performed my egg retrievals and embryo transfer – they were all incredible. I felt really nervous before my procedures – the doctors always helped to put me at ease, and every one went well, without issues.
I was very happy with Dr. Ghosh's approach to single embryo transfer - this was the safest option for both me and my embryo, and was explained to us clearly.
West Harrison (closed)