Mental health counseling is not offered
Selling medication is not offered

427 West Pueblo St
Santa Barbara, CA 93105

2022 - 2023, Successful
Dr. Rychlik is very open and truthful about the entire process. While sometimes we don’t get the news we want he manages to keep it real and provide you with all the knowledge needed to make informed decisions! His overall goal was for me to become a mother! I am currently 28 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby boy...He is not there to coddle you and tell you what you want to hear! He is there to assess and give you true and accurate information in hopes of being able to conceive!
The [Empower Fertility] clinic is clean and run very well! I never had to wait more than 10 minutes for my appointment! They use the best equipment! The office is quiet and they maintain privacy for every visit...Every team mate from the front desk to the back office truly cared about a successful pregnancy...Every part of my cycle was completely planned out and specific to the care I needed! My first visit I was so nervous, overwhelmed and left in tears! However, they quickly became family and all of those emotions were resolved! Every team mate from the front desk to the back office truly cared about a successful pregnancy!
How was your experience with Daniel Rychlik at Empower Fertility?
Dr. Rychlik is very open and truthful about the entire process. While sometimes we don’t get the news we want he manages to keep it real and provide you with all the knowledge needed to make informed decisions! His overall goal was for me to become a mother! I am currently 28 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby boy!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Rychlik at Empower Fertility?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Rychlik at Empower Fertility?
Describe the protocols Daniel Rychlik used in your cycles at Empower Fertility and their degree of success.
We used oral, vaginal, and injection medications! All dosages were carefully manned out! I loved that everything was provided to me on a calendar so I knew exactly what to expect! During cycles labs were drawn and if changes were needed they were updated and changed on my calendar!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Empower Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Yes, Erica and Amber )
EVERY staff member was truly amazing! I will never forget them and the compassion they showed me during such a truly scarlet time!
Describe your experience with Empower Fertility.
The clinic is clean and run very well! I never had to wait more than 10 minutes for my appointment! They use the best equipment! The office is quiet and they maintain privacy for every visit! Overall my favorite part of making a 2 1/2 hour drive weekly, during my cycle, was to see the ultra sound technician, Olesya!!!! She is amazing!!! She used to practice as a pediatrician in the Ukraine! Her knowledge and overall compassion were very comforting! Every ultrasound she shared just as much joy about the baby as I did! She explained every image and detail during the ultrasound! I left feeling so comfortable! I will NEVER forget her!!!!

2023, Successful
Dr. Rychlik is a doctor that truly cares about his patients and the outcomes...took the time to talk to my partner and I and really try to understand our history...We not only have one or two viable embryos...did not feel rushed...didn't charge me for every phone call like my previous doctor
[Empower Fertility] really works as a team and are all very supportive in this journey...ultrasound nurse makes you feel very comfortable, she also explains what she is doing so their are no surprises...embryologists were also amazing...Sarah is amazing...They updated me day 0,1, 3 and 5 with the status of each embryo
How was your experience with Daniel Rychlik at Empower Fertility?
Dr. Rychlik is a doctor that truly cares about his patients and the outcomes. When my partner and I first met with him, after going through IVF with another doctor and having two failed attempts at having viable embryos to transfer, we left his office with newfound hope. We did not feel rushed and he took the time to really understand our past as it relates to fertility. I have gone through the egg retrieval process with success. We not only have one or two viable embryos, but three! He has always taken the time to explain things if I had questions and he didn't charge me for every phone call like my previous doctor. We are now entering into the next phase, which is the transfer, and I am confident in saying that he is the right doctor to go down this journey with.
I would tell them that they are in good hands with Dr. Rychlik and his team because they want you to be successful just as much as you do.
During the initial consultation with Dr. Rychlik, he took the time to talk to my partner and I and really try to understand our history. We felt like he genuinely cared and wanted to help us and we came up with a plan as to how best to proceed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Empower Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Reed)
Sarah is amazing! She was very thorough on explaining each step and answered any questions that I had. She was part of the team that helped prep me before my egg retrieval and she made me feel very comfortable. After my retrieval, I was concerned about my excessive bloating (due to complications with my first retrieval with my previous doctor), so I sent an email after hours and she called me that night to check on me and have me come in the next day to make sure it wasn't anything serious. She went above and beyond which I really appreciated.
Describe your experience with Empower Fertility.
This clinic really works as a team and are all very supportive in this journey. The ultrasound nurse makes you feel very comfortable, she also explains what she is doing so their are no surprises and you can tell she just genuinely cares. The embryologists were also amazing. Before my egg retrieval, they came in and explained what their role in the process was and go over what happens over the next week. They updated me day 0,1, 3 and 5 with the status of each embryo, which is something I never got with my previous clinic. The whole team from the front desk receptionist to Dr. Rychlik is just amazing!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Rychlik at Empower Fertility.
$8,900 Egg Retrieval Process $495 Anesthesia $1500 Dr. Rychlik for ICSI $1500 Dr. Mills for ICSI $5000 medication

2023, Unknown Success
[Dr. Daniel Rychlik] Strengths open to questions during appointments, called back if I had questions was clearly very knowledgeable and let us make decisions and made it clear he wasn't making any fake promises. Explained the ins and outs of different meds and adjustments that were being made. I like that he's funny because otherwise this whole ordeal would have been more difficult. Weaknesses a little formulaic/deadpan in delivery, but to some that would be a strength anyway?
[Empower Fertility] Strengths are that they're clearly a strong clinical team - once I called my priamry nurse about a question re. embryos and she said the embryologist is sitting next to her. They're also open about financial plan options because it's no secret this stuff is expensive...Personalised emails, voicemails, and contact with the Doctor and his full clinical team. Took time to answer questions through email outside of meetings, and during appointments was open to dialogue (and explaining things a second time when we were confused!). Also really appreciated how Dr Dan tries to use analogies to explain things because that really helped (and brought a little humour into an otherwise difficult situation)
How was your experience with Daniel Rychlik at Empower Fertility?
He talks quickly but don't let that mislead you into thinking he's rushing you along - he's actually got a lot of patience and is very thoughtful.
Two IVF/egg retrievals, both started the same with menopuur and gonal F, then added Ganirellix depending on ultrasound results before lupron trigger. First round did ultrasound every other day and blood draw every other day. In the second round we didnt do blood draws, only increased the frequency of ultrasounds (explained to me that the ultrasounds gave more immediate results than waiting for blood draws to come back from the lab) - and I didn't mind going in for ultrasounds more frequrntly since everything is close by to my house. Embryo transfer planned for early 2024
Describe your experience with your nurse at Empower Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Amanda first round, Sarah second round)
Amanda first round, Sarah second round, and Olysea was ultrasound both rounds. They were all kind, communicative, responsive, and very reassuring.
Describe your experience with Empower Fertility.
Strengths are that they're clearly a strong clinical team - once I called my priamry nurse about a question re. embryos and she said the embryologist is sitting next to her. They're also open about financial plan options because it's no secret this stuff is expensive. Weaknesses not sure; we haven't bounced around different fertility clinics to compare.
Meds, genetic carrier screens, IVF, PGT-A - and we will also pay for FET early 2024
Describe Daniel Rychlik's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Empower Fertility.
He said he doesnt do multilple embryo transfer, only single transfers. Can't remember why.