LGBTQ+ Care
7.2
7.2
LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

Lisa Becht
Jeffrey Nelson (retired)
John Norian
LGBTQ+ Competent Care
LGBTQ+ Competent Care

Based on reviews from the LGBTQ+ community.

Robert Boostanfar

Westlake Village, CA 91361
11500 Olympic Blvd.
West Los Angeles, CA 90064

2018 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Chavkin is kind a receptive. She thoroughly listened to all my questions and concerns and I never felt our interactions were rushed. [she] grew to understood my career and lifestyle and was open and flexible to working around my scheduled and commitments. She was able to easily relate to me having experienced infertility herself, and supported me in a sensitive yet professional manner through my miscarriage, never discounting how painful it was.
She [HRC Fertility nurse] always re-capped what we spoke about during my visits, provided videos to remind me how to administer medication, and often responded after-hours. She was extremely sensitive and empathetic when I miscarried, and celebrated with me when I got pregnant again...Team was pretty responsive for the most part, but seemed to have lost an employee near the end of my most recent cycle, and I could tell they were short staffed. The clinic itself could use an aesthetic update.
How was your experience with Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Chavkin is kind a receptive. She thoroughly listened to all my questions and concerns and I never felt our interactions were rushed. Dr. Chavkin grew to understood my career and lifestyle and was open and flexible to working around my scheduled and commitments. She was able to easily relate to me having experienced infertility herself, and supported me in a sensitive yet professional manner through my miscarriage, never discounting how painful it was.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility?
Feel free to ask ALL the questions. She WILL take her time to thoroughly answer them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility?
Dr. Chavkin saw me at every appointment, conducted every ultrasound, and was a part of every portion of my IVF cycle. Because of that, we were able to form a strong doctor-patient relationship. I felt she understood my wants, profession, and personality.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Wendy)
Wendy communicated with my via phone and email. She always re-capped what we spoke about during my visits, provided videos to remind me how to administer medication, and often responded after-hours. She was extremely sensitive and empathetic when I miscarried, and celebrated with me when I got pregnant again.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Describe Diana Chavkin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Dr. Chavkin thoroughly counseled us on the potential outcomes of a multiple embryo transfer -- from a financial to religious to ethical standpoint.

2020, 28 Eggs Frozen
I went to Dr. Chavkin for two egg freezing cycles, and throughout both, she was amazing. Not only is she incredibly nice, but she is the most compassionate, empathetic, and patient doctor I've ever had. During my numerous visits with Dr. Chavkin, she answered all of my (many) questions thoroughly (I never felt rushed). Egg freezing can be a stressful/emotional process, but Dr. Chavkin was a constant source of support and comfort at all times. It is very evident that she is very passionate about the work that she does and that she genuinely cares about her patients.
Sometimes I didn't receive responses back to my emails [from HRC Fertility] that I sent to the front door/admin department (I had some trouble with communication on that front), but overall they always greeted me and were friendly. ... I came to the clinic during a promo, but it was still expensive. Definitely thousands of dollars, but not as costly as other clinics.
How was your experience with Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility?
To not always ask "how many eggs are you seeing on the ultrasound?" My best advice is to not even ask at all because the number always changes (goes up sometimes, and goes down other times), and regardless, the final result is what it is. Just trust that Dr. Chavkin is doing her best to get the best result for you.
I was always treated with compassion and empathy. She explained everything thoroughly and took time to answer all of my questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie Garcia)
Stephanie was always very on top of things. She was very willing to help in any way possible.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
I have so many good things to say about Dr. Chavkin and about the nurse, as well. Sometimes I didn't receive responses back to my emails that I sent to the front door/admin department (I had some trouble with communication on that front), but overall they always greeted me and were friendly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility.
1 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. Chavkin was so helpful after I had multiple miscarriages with embryo transfers done by a different provider. She was very thorough in performing different tests and procedures to determine the reasons for my miscarriages, before we started IVF. She explained everything clearly, and always made me feel comfortable. Thanks to her, I have a healthy pregnancy!
The clinic was overall very positive and professional. ... They [nurses] didn’t always respond quickly to email, and occasionally mixes up appointment times, but overall we’re very nice. ... They closed down for a few months during COVID, which was discouraging. They clearly explained costs and tests. They answered my questions, and seemed up to date on the latest developments in fertility medicine.
How was your experience with Diana Chavkin at HRC Fertility?
She is one of the best fertility specialists in the area.
I never felt rushed, and all my questions were answered.
Describe the protocols Diana Chavkin used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
Hysteroscopy to determine any uterine abnormalities- she found a membrane that she cut; genetic testing of us as a couple; IVF.
They didn’t always respond quickly to email, and occasionally mixes up appointment times, but overall we’re very nice.
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
The clinic was overall very positive and professional. They closed down for a few months during COVID, which was discouraging. They clearly explained costs and tests. They answered my questions, and seemed up to date on the latest developments in fertility medicine.
IVF cost around $25,000 with genetic testing includes.
She strongly recommended single transfer.

2022 - 2023, Unsuccessful
Very responsive, caring, sensitive, my results really mattered to her [Dr. Sahar Wertheimer]...I knew I could reach out with any question or concern and would be answered promptly. I knew any news delivered would he shared in a gentle way and with a plan to go forward. I felt important to Dr. Wertheimer and trusted her every step of the way...when one thing did not appear to be working we came up with a new approach until we got it right
I am new to HRC, I worked with Dr Wertheimer at her former clinic and followed her to this new clinic, but so far this clinic appears organized and responsive. I look forward to working with them as I continue to embark on the IVF journey. They have been patient on the phone, answering any questions that I have...[nursing staff at HRC Fertility] Very responsive and spoke kindly, answered all my questions
How was your experience with Sahar Wertheimer at HRC Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sahar Wertheimer at HRC Fertility?
To trust her and be open with your thoughts and concerns about the process
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sahar Wertheimer at HRC Fertility?
Very responsive, caring, sensitive, my results really mattered to her.
Describe the protocols Sahar Wertheimer used in your cycles at HRC Fertility and their degree of success.
What I remember is that when one thing did not appear to be working we came up with a new approach until we got it right
Describe your experience with your nurse at HRC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kristy )
Very responsive and spoke kindly, answered all my questions
Describe your experience with HRC Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sahar Wertheimer at HRC Fertility.
Unsure
Describe Sahar Wertheimer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at HRC Fertility.
Sahar Wertheimer