LGBTQ+ Care
LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

Boca Raton
Port St. Lucie, FL 34986
10115 W. Forest Hill Blvd, Suite 401A
Wellington, FL 33414

2013 - 2018, Successful
For all 3 of my IUI cycles [with Dr. Manko] over the course of my treatment I used Clomid and a trigger shot and I did 2 Back to back IUI’s each cycle...My attempt at 2nd child thru IUI resulted in a miscarriage for 1 embryo and a ruptured tubal for the 2nd embryo. It was this last this terrible experience that really made me realize how wonderful Dr Manko and his staff really are. They were so compassionate but also realistically prepared for what was happening.
The nurses [at IVF Florida] were amazing and definitely made me call very comfortable with everything I was going thru. When I went thru my miscarriage they were so compassionate...is a pretty expansive operation. My IUI’s were done 1.5 hours away from my home and where I see Dr Manko. Though it was far away, they are so organized and the staff is very personable. Over the course of my treatment I have been to the Port St. Lucie, Jupiter, and Margate offices and it was all very cohesive.
How was your experience with Gene Manko (retired) at IVF Florida?
I was so happy with Dr Manko with my 1st IUI and resulting pregnancy, they had to give me a date had to have an OBGYN by once I was pregnant because I didn’t want to stop going to his office. My second attempts at a child really showed what a wonderful doctor he is. I also wanted someone who was honest with me and wouldn’t sugarcoat the bad things and he was that while still be compassionate.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gene Manko (retired) at IVF Florida?
Listen to your options and be sure you know what he suggests you go with.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gene Manko (retired) at IVF Florida?
My first IUI with Dr Manko resulted in my son. My attempt at 2nd child thru IUI resulted in a miscarriage for 1 embryo and a ruptured tubal for the 2nd embryo. It was this last this terrible experience that really made me realize how wonderful Dr Manko and his staff really are. They were so compassionate but also realistically prepared for what was happening.
Describe the protocols Gene Manko (retired) used in your cycles at IVF Florida and their degree of success.
For all 3 of my IUI cycles over the course of my treatment I used Clomid and a trigger shot and I did 2 Back to back IUI’s each cycle. I was 32 with my 1 st pregnancy and 37 with my second attempts but 1 of my Fallopian tubes is completely blocked so the Clomid was so I would ovulate on both sides each cycle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at IVF Florida.
The nurses were amazing and definitely made me call very comfortable with everything I was going thru. When I went thru my miscarriage they were so compassionate.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
IVF Florida is a pretty expansive operation. My IUI’s were done 1.5 hours away from my home and where I see Dr Manko. Though it was far away, they are so organized and the staff is very personable. Over the course of my treatment I have been to the Port St. Lucie, Jupiter, and Margate offices and it was all very cohesive.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gene Manko (retired) at IVF Florida.
I think when I did an IUI cycle in 2018 the expenses were around $3500 ( that was for 2 IUI’s in one cycle and doesn’t include the $1500 for the sperm purchase).
Port St. Lucie

The first time meeting Dr.Maxson my husband and I knew right of the bat that he was the Doctor that we wanted and that we were going to be in great hands. He explained everything in detail and answered every question we had....He started me on metformin starting at 100mg and working my way up to 1000mg. With having pcos it is suppose to balance my blood sugar and even out my hormones.... Once my follicles got to a certain size Dr.Maxson told me to trigger
Every time I walked in the office [IVF Florida- St. Lucie] the nurses knew my name and greeted me with a big smile and a caring face. When ever I had a question it was always just a phone call away and they always answered and answered my questions with truth and professionalism.... The only down side that I had was that if I needed treatment on a Sunday I would have to drive 2 hours to margate...For the iui treatments I spent $1,700 per iui
How was your experience with Wayne Maxson (retired) at IVF Florida?
The first time meeting Dr.Maxson my husband and I knew right of the bat that he was the Doctor that we wanted and that we were going to be in great hands. He explained everything in detail and answered every question we had. Dr. Maxson had a vision for my husband and I and started right away. I wouldn’t go anywhere else.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Wayne Maxson (retired) at IVF Florida?
If I could give any advise it would be to never give up on your dream to become parents. When you think you have hit rock bottom to get back up again and try harder for what you want to achieve and that is a baby!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Wayne Maxson (retired) at IVF Florida?
Every time I walked in the office the nurses knew my name and greeted me with a big smile and a caring face. When ever I had a question it was always just a phone call away and they always answered and answered my questions with truth and professionalism.
Describe the protocols Wayne Maxson (retired) used in your cycles at IVF Florida and their degree of success.
The first thing Dr. Maxson said was to loose 5% of your weight. Even a small amount is beneficial to conceive. He started me on metformin starting at 100mg and working my way up to 1000mg. With having pcos it is suppose to balance my blood sugar and even out my hormones. From there it was weekly apt to check my follicles. Once my follicles got to a certain size Dr.Maxson told me to trigger and to trigger at a certain time. We would trigger and then the next morning we would go in for iui.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Darcy)
My nurse was absolutely amazing. She handled everything from my negative pregnancy test to my joy for starting another cycle.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
The only down side that I had was that if I needed treatment on a Sunday I would have to drive 2 hours to margate, but other than that the staff at Ivf Florida are all amazing and were always concerned with how we felt and wanted to make sure we always had the info we needed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Wayne Maxson (retired) at IVF Florida.
For the iui treatments I spent $1,700 per iui. I did 2 iui and I am working on my 3rd now
Port St. Lucie

Dr. Manko knew us by name each time we met. Each time we have discussed IVF, it has been in depth and answered all of our questions. We felt very confident that Dr. Manko knew the best course for us to take.... When we started fertility treatments, I had already had both tubes removed, so it was straight to discussing IVF for us.
Location - Port St. Lucie is absolutely their [IVF FL] biggest strength. We have no one else up near us. Financing - Biggest weakness. The discussion of financing (if needed) should happen much sooner. Specifically for IVF patients because the costs are the highest for them and happen all at one time. Even if a blanket cost is used, such as, "Your treatment will cost around $25,000. Your financing options are: ___________________." I was hoping for terms that were a little more reasonable, like you can receive for other medical procedures including cosmetic procedures.
How was your experience with Gene Manko (retired) at IVF Florida?
When we started fertility treatments, I had already had both tubes removed, so it was straight to discussing IVF for us. We scheduled our first cycle Summer 2016, but had to postpone for financing reasons due to building our home. Dr. Manko is the second doctor I saw for fertility treatments, and worked with us the best he could to save costs during the testing phases. He explained things thoroughly.
Unfortunately, the discussion of financing does not come until very late in the process. You can google the costs, so its no surprise that it is going to cost $20k+ when it is all said and done. The surprise, which could cause you to have to delay your cycle, is that financing is outrageous. There isn't an easy payment plan and the interest rate is extreme. Save as much as you can before you even walk in the first time.
Ours was pretty straight forward IVF, no ICSI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida.
The nursing staff and care coordinator were all wonderful. The only issue I had with my (cancelled) treatment was how the financing was handled. I called several times to set up discussion (per my care coordinators instruction) and was told we couldn't talk about it without protocol. Finally, I said "please go ask someone else and don't dismiss me because I know my protocol exists somewhere." It was only then that she would speak to me. The frustrating part is that my question (had she let me ask it in the first place) was simply, "what are the financing terms?" If I'd have had the terms, I would have been able to stop sooner and perhaps not spent so much money on testing that I will have to spend again once we have enough saved to start.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
Location - Port St. Lucie is absolutely their biggest strength. We have no one else up near us. Financing - Biggest weakness. The discussion of financing (if needed) should happen much sooner. Specifically for IVF patients because the costs are the highest for them and happen all at one time. Even if a blanket cost is used, such as, "Your treatment will cost around $25,000. Your financing options are: ___________________." I was hoping for terms that were a little more reasonable, like you can receive for other medical procedures including cosmetic procedures.
We cancelled our first cycle due to cost.
Describe Gene Manko (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVF Florida.
Dr. Manko is a big proponent of elective single embryo transfer. His number one goal is always a full term, healthy baby.
Port St. Lucie
Dr manko had excellent communication. He was candid but kind. We left with knowledge and hope after each time we saw him. He knows what he is doing. He is sympathetic and understanding. We appreciated all his efforts.... He had the perfect demeanor. At times i felt like a number because of how long we waited each cisit and how communication is only through an electronic patient portal.... 3 cycles of clomid. When that did nit produce reults we did injectables.
The biggest weakness [IVF Florida] is that everything has to be done around the clinics schedule instead of the patients. U cant make an appt in the afternoon if that works for u because the test u need done is only performed in the morning. Not every clinic branch is open every day.... On more than one occasion nurses did not really inform us of the next step. There were times when we felt rushed because we were nit prepared because we did not have the knowledge.
Trust in his wisdom.
Dr manko was kind and patient with us. He had the perfect demeanor. At times i felt like a number because of how long we waited each cisit and how communication is only through an electronic patient portal.
3 cycles of clomid. When that did nit produce reults we did injectables. Two cycles of injectables. We did one single IUI and one double IUI. Negative reults on both of them.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at IVF Florida.
At times i felt the nirses were personal and at times i felt like just any old client.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
The biggest weakness is that everything has to be done around the clinics schedule instead of the patients. U cant make an appt in the afternoon if that works for u because the test u need done is only performed in the morning. Not every clinic branch is open every day.
Our health insurance covered nothing so we found procedures and tests to be expensive to say the least.
What specific things went wrong at IVF Florida?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVF Florida.

2023, Unsuccessful
Marc [Dr. Marc Gualtieri] is friendly, professional, direct, makes the medical jargon relatable, and is honest about the success rate for you as the patient vs. the clinic's average or national average based on age. I did not feel age discriminated either, I was 43 almost 44 and he made me feel like thats ok no big deal we help women all the time have babies at all ages...Single is preferred, but they will do multiple but it has risks so they prefer to do singles.
High volume, and thus high output and percentages.The Margate [IVF Florida] clinic and surgery facility is top notch and very Zen. The staff is sometimes a little on edge but I think that is due to the volume of patients. The RE doctors, surgery RNs, & anesthesia staff are great...They have a nice portal that is great for getting your lab results and communication wise. Also since our IVF was not covered by Insurance (neither my company or my husband's offers IVF benefits) so it was an out of pocket expense but the Finance department made the process smooth by referral to loan options for financing but this did not cover the meds which were an additional $3k out of pocket.
How was your experience with Marc Gualtieri at IVF Florida?
Marc is friendly, professional, direct, makes the medical jargon relatable, and is honest about the success rate for you as the patient vs. the clinic's average or national average based on age. I did not feel age discriminated either, I was 43 almost 44 and he made me feel like thats ok no big deal we help women all the time have babies at all ages.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Marc Gualtieri at IVF Florida?
Make sure the nurse staff cross checks things with him and if any part of your treatment or what you told varies from what you expect get them to confirm with the Doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Marc Gualtieri at IVF Florida?
IVF Florida has several locations, so it is convienient to find a location near you to do the ultra sounds & bloodwork in the IVF process. I went to the Wellington office it is closest to where we live. The Margate office is the HQ for egg retrieval and the Jupiter & Margate offices are open on the weekends. They were always pretty busy & their patient volume is much higher, thus their CDC rating higher. I chose IVF FL based on our location and the CDC success rates for women 40-45, using their own egg(s) & donor eggs, resulting in live birth. Their data was proof that they can yield results, which is what I was seeking after having 2 failed IUI cycles (total of 4 IUIs) . Then I joined a Facebook group for IVF FL & IVF FL women 40+ and decided on which doctor to consult with based off referrals. You can meet with the doctors in person or thru tele-consult which is nice for working persons. They have a nice portal that is great for getting your lab results and communication wise. Also since our IVF was not covered by Insurance (neither my company or my husband's offers IVF benefits) so it was an out of pocket expense but the Finance department made the process smooth by referral to loan options for financing but this did not cover the meds which were an additional $3k out of pocket.
Describe the protocols Marc Gualtieri used in your cycles at IVF Florida and their degree of success.
Called office when I started my cycle/period. Then came in on day 2 or 3 of cycle then started protocol. Clomid daily, then menepur shots, then cetrotide shots, then final was the Trigger shot. Blood tests like every other day. Then after trigger shot 48 hours later we did the retrieval 12 eggs were retrieved, 1 too big 3 too small, 8 just right. 7 of the 8 became embryos, 2 became blastocyst. The 2 Blasts were day 5 4AA & Day 6 4BB grade. Due to age we did PGT-A testing. Unfortunately both embryos were abnormal - Day 5 4AA was a boy with trismony 10 & 14, the Day 6 4BB was a girl with trisomy 14. As such, we were not able to transfer or start the FET process. We are discussing now whether to do a 2nd retrieval with my Eggs or pursue the Donor Egg path.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
see earlier comments - its a multi location clinic. High volume, and thus high output and percentages.The Margate clinic and surgery facility is top notch and very Zen. The staff is sometimes a little on edge but I think that is due to the volume of patients. The RE doctors, surgery RNs, & anesthesia staff are great.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Marc Gualtieri at IVF Florida.
my quote from May 2023 is good thru November 2023. ~$15,500 for IVF treatment, $150 per egg for PGT-A testing, Embryo Cryo - $100/mo. Meds $3000 If we had made it to the FET it would be $4500 + $2-4K for meds.
Describe Marc Gualtieri's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVF Florida.
n/a Single is preferred, but they will do multiple but it has risks so they prefer to do singles.
Marc Gualtieri

2017 - 2019, Successful
We did the ERA [with Dr. David Hoffman] because after our first FET we miscarried around 6 weeks. After our first ERA we found I needed 12 extra hours of PIO which resulted in our first IVF miracle, a healthy son! After our second ERS we found I needed 12 less hours of PIO and that resulted in a healthy daughter! We asked to be surprised by the gender and let the clinic chose the healthiest embryo to try at each FET...called us throughout the process to check in, make sure we understand everything that was going on. After we had our miscarriage he cried with us. The entire Wellington office was kind, professional, caring, and invested in our journey. Tge two best nurses, Erika and Ilean, were right there with us and have all reached out even after we had our 2 IVF miracles.
The entire Wellington office [of IVF Florida] was kind, professional, caring, and invested in our journey.Erika and Ilean [nurses], were right there with us and have all reached out even after we had our 2 IVF miracles...We asked to be surprised by the gender and let the clinic chose the healthiest embryo to try at each FET...We went with one of the Attain programs and were able to cut costs by doing so. We paid just over $28,000. The whole package included 2 retrievals, unlimited FETs (frozen embryo transfer), ICSY (if needed), PGS testing, and all the monitoring associated...IVF Florida has a 1 embryo policy.
How was your experience with David Hoffman at IVF Florida?
Dr Hoffman, from day one, made us feel that he would help us create our family. He was open about which tests he wanted to run and which medical procedures we should start with. He was open about the odds of success and gave us a full understanding of the entire IVF process at the beginning as well as went over each step as we reached it. He met with us at the office that worked best for us and he always told us to call or he would call us to follow up.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Hoffman at IVF Florida?
Listen to him! Dr Hoffman knows what he's talking about and will be upfront and honest with you about what he feels your next steps are.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Hoffman at IVF Florida?
Dr Hoffman called us throughout the process to check in, make sure we understand everything that was going on. After we had our miscarriage he cried with us. The entire Wellington office was kind, professional, caring, and invested in our journey. Tge two best nurses, Erika and Ilean, were right there with us and have all reached out even after we had our 2 IVF miracles.
Describe the protocols David Hoffman used in your cycles at IVF Florida and their degree of success.
Dr Hoffman felt that with my PCOS there was no reason to try IUI, since we agreed, we to go straight to IVF. I took Menupor and Gobal-F, 75 units if each 2 times a day for about 10 days. After 6 days we were told to take Cetrotide at .25mg. Lupron was given as my trigger for both retrievals, 40 units each time. We did 3 FETs with 2 ERAs. One before the second and third FET. Our FET protocol was 10 days of Lupron followed by Estrogen patches and then PIO (progesterone in (sesame) oil). We did the ERA because after our first FET we miscarried around 6 weeks. After our first ERA we found I needed 12 extra hours of PIO which resulted in our first IVF miracle, a healthy son! After our second ERS we found I needed 12 less hours of PIO and that resulted in a healthy daughter! We asked to be surprised by the gender and let the clinic chose the healthiest embryo to try at each FET.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Erika and Ilean)
Erika worked with us primarily on our first FET and Ilean on our third. Both nurses worked with us on our second. They were always helpful, professional, considerate, and knowledgeable. Both nurses walked us through the steps and gave us information in a timely manner. We love them both and have been back to the clinic a few times to just visit with them.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
We felt the Wellington and Jupiter offices were the most helpful. The Margate office was always to crowded and we did not have a good experience with the staff at the front desk on the third floor. The Margate and Jupiter offices have ORs, but the Margate office is open 7 days a week while Jupiter is open 6 days a week. Check out each office you are comfortable driving to and make sure your Dr goes to the office that is most comfortable to you. They have offices from Miami all the way up to Port St. Lucie. Since our treatments they have a new policy where the Drs rotate around by the day so scheduling any OR procedure with a specific Dr can be hard depending on when your cycle is and if you can manipulate it or not. All of the Drs have been nice, but I would not want to work with someone I didn't know except for the day of a treatment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Hoffman at IVF Florida.
Describe David Hoffman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVF Florida.
IVF Florida has a 1 embryo policy. They prefer to transfer only 1 embryo since it is the safest for both the woman carrying (Mom or surrogate) and for the baby.
Wellington

I absolutely loved Dr. Hoffman. He always so upfront with me on the next steps.... When I called the emergency line a few times, he always called me back right away to answer my questions regarding injections. When he did my surgery and found endometriosis, he called my husband from the operating room to give him an update.... He put me on the lowest dose of stimulation medications because he knew I would respond quickly.
This clinic [IVF Florida] was amazing. I am so glad my OB referred me to Dr. Hoffman and his nursing staff. There are no weaknesses. Strengths would be communication is excellent. They always called and communicated. In the very beginning the financial team called us to discuss payment options and what each payment plan covered. We were impressed that they called us right away.
How was your experience with David Hoffman at IVF Florida?
He was very passionate. After my first failed transfer, I was so upset but he talked me through it and made me feel so much better. He knew what the next steps we were going to take was. He Communicated very well. I followed all of his instructions on what to come next and I’m now 32 weeks pregnant. If it weren’t for him, I wouldn’t be where I am today.
Follow everything he tells you to do. That’s what I did and I’m pregnant!!!
I absolutely loved Dr. Hoffman. He always so upfront with me on the next steps. His nurses were always there to answer any questions. He called to check on me multiple times. When I called the emergency line a few times, he always called me back right away to answer my questions regarding injections. When he did my surgery and found endometriosis, he called my husband from the operating room to give him an update. My husband was very impressed by this. I am 32 weeks pregnant with a baby girl and I am looking forward to her meeting him.
He put me on the lowest dose of stimulation medications because he knew I would respond quickly. I did respond quickly. We had to increase the medications halfway through and I responded even faster. He was VERY impressed with how many eggs were retrieved and how many made it to be frozen. He gave us the option to start with IUI but told us the success rates of IUI vs IVF for us. We chose IVF with him as he thought that was the better option. I wish he could deliver my baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Erica )
Erica and Ilene were amazing. They always called me with next steps. Whenever I showed up for an appointment, they had my information pulled with the next calendar and next steps and knew exactly what we were doing. We were always on the same page.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
This clinic was amazing. I am so glad my OB referred me to Dr. Hoffman and his nursing staff. There are no weaknesses. Strengths would be communication is excellent. They always called and communicated. In the very beginning the financial team called us to discuss payment options and what each payment plan covered. We were impressed that they called us right away.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at IVF Florida.
They were typically in the mornings. I, being a teacher, could only go in the afternoons and they were more than willing to work with me. Dr. Hoffman did my ultrasounds in the afternoons.
It was $22,500 but with my husband being law enforcement, we got a discount. Paid $20,000.
He only wanted to transfer 1 embryo because of my age. I am 25 years old. He knew it would work and I had 6 embryos. He said the risks with multiple babies isn’t worth transferring 2 embryos as some embryos can split once transferred.
Wellington
She [Dr. Weitzman] did not waste our time with unnecessary tests and was honest with each answer. For example when I struggled to get my trigger shot correctly, she personally called me back at 11pm to talk me through it....My doctor prefers to do single embryo transfer...She took the time to really review my file and experiences with previous doctors and procedures. She gave us the good, bad, she ugly all while keeping our best interests in the forefront.
This clinic [IVF Florida] is very busy and tends to run a bit late. However they are extremely worth the wait. They are kind and patient. They walked me through everything and had no hidden fees, or anything that came up...The nursing staff is always available to answer my emails, calls, or questions in person. They explained everything thoroughly and would walk me the process as many times as I needed.
How was your experience with Vanessa Weitzman at IVF Florida?
Dr. Weitzman knew she was my last hope. We were on the waiting list for adoption when we met Dr. Weitzman. She did not push us one way or the other but encouraged us to make the decision that we felt best with. She did not waste our time with unnecessary tests and was honest with each answer. For example when I struggled to get my trigger shot correctly, she personally called me back at 11pm to talk me through it. When she’d see me in the hallway for my monitoring appointments she always updated me and hugged me. She got how important this was and what doing IVF meant to us.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Vanessa Weitzman at IVF Florida?
Listen to her. She knows exactly what she’s talking about. But also be prepared to make the decisions for yourself. She won’t push you to do something you’re not comfortable with.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Vanessa Weitzman at IVF Florida?
She took the time to really review my file and experiences with previous doctors and procedures. She gave us the good, bad, she ugly all while keeping our best interests in the forefront. She listens, answers questions at all hours, and truly cares about our success.
Describe the protocols Vanessa Weitzman used in your cycles at IVF Florida and their degree of success.
I was on birth control pills for 19 days. 4 days prior to birth control stopping I started 20 units of Lupron each night up until I triggered. I took 225 units of menopur daily and 225 units of gonal f daily. She put me on high doses to make sure I would stimulate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Talia, Erica, and Eileen )
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
This clinic is very busy and tends to run a bit late. However they are extremely worth the wait. They are kind and patient. They walked me through everything and had no hidden fees, or anything that came up.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vanessa Weitzman at IVF Florida.
For the total package of 2 IVF cycles with medicines it is about $ 35,000
Describe Vanessa Weitzman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVF Florida.
My doctor prefers to do single embryo transfer. I trusts her judgement.
Vanessa Weitzman
2014 - 2018, Unsuccessful
We did an ERA test [with Dr. Wayne Maxson] to make sure that we were transferring at the right time and that my uterus was receptive to the Progesterone shots. We found out that I was pre receptive by 24 hours and needed an additional day of Progesterone...From our initial visit to our most recent loss Dr Maxson has been with us every step of the way. He often checks in on us during our cycles and even on our "breaks". He really understands how grueling this process is not only on the patient but often on the family. There have been several times Dr. Maxson has met with my husband and I as well as my parents to calm our nerves and fears. At the end of the day Dr Maxson truly cares about his patients and the family they are so hopeful to create.
I attend the Wellington Office [of IVF Florida] and the nursing staff there exceeds expectations. Being a smaller office they know you by name, know your journey and are with you 100% of the time. This includes the nurses, the sonographer, the triage nurses (who take our blood) , the office/billing employee and many others. They greet you by name, follow up with you via the web and phone, and show general interest, care and concern not only about your treatment and care but also about your general well being.
How was your experience with Wayne Maxson (retired) at IVF Florida?
One of the things I like the best about Dr. Maxson is that He stays educated on up to date research and procedures and educates us as well. He doesn't hold back when offering "out of the box" thinking. I know that Dr. Maxson has several patients. However, that doesn't alter him from knowing every little detail about me and our journey to parenthood. He is blunt when He needs to be and He is cautious of our feelings when He needs to be as well. Recently we have hit a bump in the road financially and we are almost at the end of our journey and have no baby to show for our journey. To see the emotion on Dr. Maxson speaks volumes. This man genuinely cares about us. About our Marriage. About our Hopes and Dreams. And most of all about our desire to become parents.
When seeing Dr Maxson I would recommend that you remain open and honest with him. Be upfront about your plans and where you are at financially. Be open to suggestions--- even the ones that are hard to hear. Be ready to hear things you may not want to hear but be open to what He has to say regarding this and follow through with his plans.
Dr. Maxson is very warm, compassionate and down to earth. His compassion and knowledge of the field really resonated with us. From our initial visit to our most recent loss Dr Maxson has been with us every step of the way. He often checks in on us during our cycles and even on our "breaks". He really understands how grueling this process is not only on the patient but often on the family. There have been several times Dr. Maxson has met with my husband and I as well as my parents to calm our nerves and fears. At the end of the day Dr Maxson truly cares about his patients and the family they are so hopeful to create.
We tried Clomid and Letrozole with IUI first. I stopped responding to both. We then moved to IVF with Menopur, Gonal F , Centrotide and HCG trigger shot. We retrieved 10 eggs and 6 made it to day 5. Sadly, these embryos resulted in 2 chemical pregnancies and a miscarriage around 12 weeks when referred to my OB. Our Second Retrieval we did Lupron for several weeks, Menopur and Gonal F with HCG trigger. We retrieved 17 eggs and 4 made it to blast. This was a freeze all cycle. We did an ERA test to make sure that we were transferring at the right time and that my uterus was receptive to the Progesterone shots. We found out that I was pre receptive by 24 hours and needed an additional day of Progesterone. We did two more transfers after this which resulted in negative pregnancy tests. We have two more embroys on ice and will be transferring again in 2019.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Illene and Erica )
I attend the Wellington Office and the nursing staff there exceeds expectations. Being a smaller office they know you by name, know your journey and are with you 100% of the time. This includes the nurses, the sonographer, the triage nurses (who take our blood) , the office/billing employee and many others. They greet you by name, follow up with you via the web and phone, and show general interest, care and concern not only about your treatment and care but also about your general well being.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
Wellington Office is kind, caring, organized, up to date with your file. The billing office does tend to be inaccurate time and time again. Which is very frustrating when you are seeking such expensive treatment.
We used Attian, IVF
Describe Wayne Maxson (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVF Florida.
Dr. Maxson is very amendment about single embryo transfers. His first priority is always the health of his patient and his goal is always "one healthy baby".
What specific things went wrong at IVF Florida?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVF Florida.
The billing department for IVFFL is in much need of an overhaul. That is the only negative I have. They are not consistent at each office. Margate will charge completely different that Wellington. They also are not flexible with payment plans or routine payments and yet expect you to pay upfront. We had to jump through hoops to get financial questions answered and that was only after speaking with a financial counselor that had been there for some time and was willing to work with us.
IUI With Other Docs
He [Dr. Marc Gualtieri] is extremely intelligent, very committed to making sure I understand my particular case & condition, gets back to me in a timely manner & always answers my questions of concern...He always explains everything to me in lamen terms & I always walk out like I get it. I am a bit over weight and he has never made me feel any less deserving of having a baby like my previous doctor. He suggested eating better & integrating exercise just to stay healthy & get my sugar levels under control. He can relate to me and that is impressive!
[The nurses at IVF Florida are] Compassionate. Helpful. Outgoing & always willing to help with additional resources. Gives great hugs & words of encouragement!!...Strengths would be the knowledge & education of assisted reproductive technology of all of the doctors and how there able to take an individualized approach still getting a positive result. Weaknesses would be sometimes it may take a minute to get called back when leaving messages with answering service over the weekends.
How was your experience with Marc Gualtieri at IVF Florida?
Dr G, is very well educated and highly skilled on what methods work for each individuals case. He always explains everything to me in lamen terms & I always walk out like I get it. I am a bit over weight and he has never made me feel any less deserving of having a baby like my previous doctor. He suggested eating better & integrating exercise just to stay healthy & get my sugar levels under control. He can relate to me and that is impressive!
Trust him!
I’d like to start by saying I am over the moon happy I found Dr. G. I initially went to him as a second opinion after working previously with a different RE. From the day I made my appointment up until now I’m extremely glad I chose to stay with him. He is extremely intelligent, very committed to making sure I understand my particular case & condition, gets back to me in a timely manner & always answers my questions of concern. That by far is the most important thing to me. Knowing that we’re on the same page and he is willing to do what it takes to help me have a baby.
Well I have not had my actual IUI. I am in progress. So my husband & I were given a work up and consulted regarding results. We both did really well & the few areas of concern like my blood sugar which was also addressed by placing me on metformin. I’ve been on metformin for 4 months. Next phase of treatment includes ovulation induction medications including injectables & ultrasounds to monitor the effectiveness of the OI. Once final ultrasound and blood work is completed ovidrel will be prescribed & I’ll be scheduled for IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: LYNN H. )
$1300-2500
Marc Gualtieri
Wellington

[Dr. Weitzman] is the best caring person sweet make you feel confident about the entire process she make me and my husband feel like a human with hopes since the first time we meet with her...[new patient advice] Be patient do everything exactly as she will tell you to do so she is the dr and if you listen to her everything will go successfully for you
I remember all of[the IVF Florida nurses,] they were very nice every visit helped me with everything I needed...Is very clean office well decorated make you feel like home every detail of it every sign that you read will help you understand the process you are going through bathroom all you need for every visit is there I was very happy every time I was in that clinic
How was your experience with Vanessa Weitzman at IVF Florida?
For me and my husband we have many words to describe Dr Vanessa Weitzman she is smart sweet understanding very honest about everything trustworthy friendly very professional we had the most wonderful experience with her our journey was successful we are so grateful to meet her we can’t explain there is not enough words to thank her she give our lives the most beautiful daughter our miracle princess all our Thanks to her and all the staff they were wonderful Thank You!!!!!
She is the best caring person sweet make you feel confident about the entire process she make me and my husband feel like a human with hopes since the first time we meet with her
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Ilene )
I remember all of them they were very nice every visit helped me with everything I needed it specially Ilene very smart very sweet lady Thank You
Vanessa Weitzman
Wellington
Dr Hoffman is very nice and has always treated me very kindly.... He's very experienced and realistic. Dr. Hoffman is kind and respectful and attentive. He has always been honest and upfront with me. Hopefully in the future he will able to help me meet my goals of becoming a mother... I have had polyps removed, Sema4 genetic testing, numerous ultrasounds to check my follicles. I was on Menopur and Gona F for about 10 days and did an HCG trigger shot before retrieval which resulted in 4 eggs that were not viable.
I think everything has gone well so far [at IVF Florida-Wellington]. I just hope to keep going until I reach my goals. I don't think there is anything that could make this process an easy one. No matter what you do, or where you go it is a very difficult thing to go through... I have had polyps removed, Sema4 genetic testing, numerous ultrasounds to check my follicles. I was on Menopur and Gona F for about 10 days and did an HCG trigger shot before retrieval which resulted in 4 eggs that were not viable.
How was your experience with David Hoffman at IVF Florida?
Do your research and know what you are getting into. Be prepared to have moments of joy and moments of sadness. This process is a roller coaster ride no matter which doctor you see.
Dr Hoffman is very nice and has always treated me very kindly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Erica/ Ilene )
They are very helpful and knowledgeable and kind.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
I think everything has gone well so far. I just hope to keep going until I reach my goals. I don't think there is anything that could make this process an easy one. No matter what you do, or where you go it is a very difficult thing to go through
so far we are out of pocket 37k
not applicable

2023, Unknown Success
[Dr. Kari Sproul von Goeben] is super realistic about our chances of success for each treatment options and seems to be very current on all research in the field. She is very no nonsense without being cold or overly clinical...took a long time to talk with us and very good at explaining everything.
[IVF Florida] uses very research-driven practices. They are professional. But, overall the treatment is very impersonal. It feels like you are always seeing someone different whether it be for treatment or for monitoring...less aggressive cycles (meds along or IUI alone) were typically ineffective for people with unexplained infertility
How was your experience with Kari Sproul von Goeben at IVF Florida?
I like talking to our doctor. She is super realistic about our chances of success for each treatment options and seems to be very current on all research in the field. She is very no nonsense without being cold or overly clinical.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kari Sproul von Goeben at IVF Florida?
To be your own advocate. And take notes!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kari Sproul von Goeben at IVF Florida?
She took a long time to talk with us and very good at explaining everything.
Describe the protocols Kari Sproul von Goeben used in your cycles at IVF Florida and their degree of success.
She recommended medicated IUIs with trigger shot. She said less aggressive cycles (meds along or IUI alone) were typically ineffective for people with unexplained infertility. She said medicated IUI gave best odds other than IVF.
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
This clinic uses very research-driven practices. They are professional. But, overall the treatment is very impersonal. It feels like you are always seeing someone different whether it be for treatment or for monitoring.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kari Sproul von Goeben at IVF Florida.
Most of the testing costs were covered by insurance, but each visit I had a 65 dollar copay. My IUI cycles were around 1200 including medication and not covered by insurance.
Describe Kari Sproul von Goeben's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVF Florida.
Kari Sproul von Goeben
Wellington

Dr Maxson is wonderful! He has been informative, compassionate, and kind each step of the way. Anytime we have had questions, he has taken time to explain things with both medical terms and for those outside of the medical field. Dr Maxson is also kind enough to take plenty of time with us so that we feel heard. We have had several set backs due to my health and we are excited to finally start treatment!...Write down all your questions ahead of time so that you remember them! Dr Maxson will answer all of them!
The nursing staff [at IVF Florida] is absolutely wonderful. They have all been compassionate and remember us!...The only frustration we have is that the office closest to us is difficult to get an appointment at. Our doctor works locally one day a week and further south two days a week. The facilities at each location are great and we love the staff!...the cost of all our diagnostic testing and appointments has been reasonable...Dr Maxson is wonderful! He has been informative, compassionate, and kind each step of the way. Anytime we have had questions, he has taken time to explain things with both medical terms and for those outside of the medical field. Dr Maxson is also kind enough to take plenty of time with us so that we feel heard. We have had several set backs due to my health and we are excited to finally start treatment!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at IVF Florida.
The nursing staff is absolutely wonderful. They have all been compassionate and remember us!
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
We have not underwent treatment yet, but the cost of all our diagnostic testing and appointments has been reasonable.