Acupuncture is not offered

Rochester Hills, MI 48307
Troy
2825 Livernois, 1st Floor Suite A
Troy, MI 48083

It may take a while to get an appointment with Dr. Abuzeid but it's worth the wait. He is a truly talented doctor...is very kind and compassionate while also being realistic. Be prepared to answer a million questions with your first consultation. I never felt rushed or pressured to make a decision and all of the options were clearly explained to me...is only at the Flint office twice a month but his physician assistant Stephanie is more that capable.
Incredibly friendly staff [at IVF MI]. Very responsive to calls and emails...Staff at both facilities were friendly and professional. Dr. Abuzeid is only at the Flint office twice a month but his physician assistant Stephanie is more that capable. The nurses in Flint are fantastic. I loved that every step of the process was clearly explained and also emailed to me...Both the Flint and Rochester clinics were clean and well organized.
How was your experience with Mostafa Abuzeid at Henry Ford Reproductive Medicine (Formerly IVF Michigan Rochester Hills & Flint)?
Dr. Abuzeid is very kind and compassionate while also being realistic. Be prepared to answer a million questions with your first consultation. I never felt rushed or pressured to make a decision and all of the options were clearly explained to me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mostafa Abuzeid at Henry Ford Reproductive Medicine (Formerly IVF Michigan Rochester Hills & Flint)?
It may take a while to get an appointment with Dr. Abuzeid but it's worth the wait. He is a truly talented doctor. If anyone can help you get pregnant it's him!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mostafa Abuzeid at Henry Ford Reproductive Medicine (Formerly IVF Michigan Rochester Hills & Flint)?
Incredibly friendly staff. Very responsive to calls and emails.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Henry Ford Reproductive Medicine (Formerly IVF Michigan Rochester Hills & Flint).
Very friendly and helpful. Always returned phone calls and emails quickly.
Describe your experience with Henry Ford Reproductive Medicine (Formerly IVF Michigan Rochester Hills & Flint).
Both the Flint and Rochester clinics were clean and well organized. Do be prepared to travel to Rochester for any procedure you may need. Both facilities were easy to find using GPS as we are not from the area. Staff at both facilities were friendly and professional. Dr. Abuzeid is only at the Flint office twice a month but his physician assistant Stephanie is more that capable. The nurses in Flint are fantastic. I loved that every step of the process was clearly explained and also emailed to me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mostafa Abuzeid at Henry Ford Reproductive Medicine (Formerly IVF Michigan Rochester Hills & Flint).
Insurance has covered medications and procedures so far. Just normal co pays for medication.
Flint (closed)
He [Abuzeid] takes his time and explains all options without giving his own personal preference so we can make our own decision. He is very respectful, he is very clear about his plans and course of treatment. He welcomes feedback and suggestions and is available to answer any question if needed.... The doctor is excellent and the nurses are nice, but be prepared to bug the nurses with phone calls cause sometimes they are slow when it comes to updating you.
The doctor [IVF MI ] is excellent and the nurses are nice, but be prepared to bug the nurses with phone calls cause sometimes they are slow when it comes to updating you. Make sure you make your appointment as soon as possible because he is in high demand. Also, show up on time, cause if you're late you will be waiting a long time for them to see you.... My wife ovulated early but they told us to wait an extra day before we came in and we missed our window.
He takes his time and explains all options without giving his own personal preference so we can make our own decision. He is very respectful, he is very clear about his plans and course of treatment. He welcomes feedback and suggestions and is available to answer any question if needed.
Be patient and book as early as possible because he is in high demand.
I was treated with respect.
They are kind as well, but sometimes they are a little slow when it comes to returning messages. They also sometimes don't stay on top of information and will update us at the last minute.
The doctor is excellent and the nurses are nice, but be prepared to bug the nurses with phone calls cause sometimes they are slow when it comes to updating you. Make sure you make your appointment as soon as possible because he is in high demand. Also, show up on time, cause if you're late you will be waiting a long time for them to see you.
I think $800 per IUI
What specific things went wrong at Henry Ford Reproductive Medicine (Formerly IVF Michigan Rochester Hills & Flint)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Henry Ford Reproductive Medicine (Formerly IVF Michigan Rochester Hills & Flint).
Rochester Hills

I had already done three cycle on just clomid with my gynecologist I went into [Dr. Mostafa Abuzeid's] office expecting to be planning an iui but he thought it was worth a try giving femara/clomid and other medications a chance if I was willing to be patient...I took his advice I'm currently nearing my 6th cycle of clomid...He was very nice and spent time with my husband and I answering any questions we had...I'm currently nearing my last cycle before moving on.
Strengths [at IVF Michigan Rochester Hills & Flint]...they are very knowledgeable in there practice and offer you different options. No weaknesses so far...The office staff was very nice and the doctor took his time to explain all of options and answer any questions we had...All of the nurses and staff have been very friendly and compassionate...I had already done three cycle on just clomid with my gynecologist I went into his office expecting to be planning an iui but he thought it was worth a try giving femara/clomid and other medications a chance if I was willing to be patient (which is not easy) but I took his advice I'm currently nearing my 6th cycle of clomid.
He was very nice and spent time with my husband and I answering any questions we had. I went in thinking iui was my next treatment but he suggested trying femara Instead of clomid with a couple other medications. The femara did not give me positive ovulation so he agreed to put me back on clomid instead which I do ovulate with. I'm currently nearing my last cycle before moving on.
Read all of his reviews they are phenomenal that is why I chose him as my infertility specialist. I read a lot of great reviews so many others had bad reviews and especially within the online support group I'm a part of a lot of people had great things to say about him.
Describe the protocols Mostafa Abuzeid used in your cycles at Henry Ford Reproductive Medicine (Formerly IVF Michigan Rochester Hills & Flint) and their degree of success.
All of the nurses and staff have been very friendly and compassionate.
Strengths are I've never read or heard anything bad about this clinic or this Doctor and they are very knowledgeable in there practice and offer you different options. No weaknesses so far.
At this point that I'm at everything's has been covered with my insurance expect for the hsg test and clomid. Hsg was expensive a few hundred dollars but the hospital gave me a discount if I made a down payment. But going on further my insurance will no longer cover after diagnosis which will become very costly.

2018, Consult
We switched providers prior to beginning treatment...[Dr. Mostafa Abuzeid] Seemed knowledgeable, but was eager to do surgery when second opinions felt it unnecessary. We waited for months for our consultation for him to be in the room for 27 minutes, leaving the room and requiring us to make another appointment to answer any questions...I don’t feel like my case was given enough time to be reviewed and come up with the best treatment plan.
They[nurses at IVF MI] were difficult to get in touch with for questions...The clinic was very busy and only one RE which made wait times longer. It seemed overbooked and I don’t feel like my case was given enough time to be reviewed and come up with the best treatment plan...After waiting 3 months to meet with the doctor he spent 27 minutes in the room and required us to make another appointment for any questions...We switched providers prior to beginning treatment
Keep copies of all your records and have questions answered initially.
Difficult to get in touch with nursing staff to answer questions. After waiting 3 months to meet with the doctor he spent 27 minutes in the room and required us to make another appointment for any questions.
We switched providers prior to beginning treatment.
They were difficult to get in touch with for questions.
Seemed comparable
Describe Mostafa Abuzeid's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Henry Ford Reproductive Medicine (Formerly IVF Michigan Rochester Hills & Flint).
Not applicable
Rochester Hills

Many times going in seeing him [Dr. Abuzeid] he’d Tell you everything you wanted to hear and even console you but when it came to facts or knowing your case he’d have to refer back to paperwork and not even realize what was going on. Especially during the hormone injection phase and transfer...During monitoring we never seen the doctor only seen nurses. Also never received a phone call about dosage increase or our lining from Dr. Abuzeid only heard from nurses. I didn’t react as good as I thought I would so he increased my dose and we ended up with 7 eggs.
They [IVF MI] lost paperwork. Also they didn’t call me with our results the day if like they said they would. Most times we had to wait till 6:30pm the next day... Monitoring equipment seemed old and outdated...Our first round we got a discount of 55% and charged $4500 for a full cycle. Our second IVF cycle they said they’d give us a multi-cycle discount. They did of only 20% and they raised their prices so our cost was $8500 for a full cycle. Then they charge extra for monitoring and HCG testing and anesthesia costs of $300
I have to go through IVF to have children because both of my tubes were completely removed due to an erotic. I’ve been pregnant 7 times with 4 healthy pregnancies before the Ethiopic. Dr. Abuzeid was a very reputable man recommended to me so I went and seen him. Our first appointment went great! He started by having us getting blood work done and doing a semen analysis. When the results came back he said my husband morphology wasn’t amazing but it was plenty good enough to move forward. We proceeded and started our hormone injections. During monitoring we never seen the doctor only seen nurses. Also never received a phone call about dosage increase or our lining from Dr. Abuzeid only heard from nurses. I didn’t react as good as I thought I would so he increased my dose and we ended up with 7 eggs. After retrieval he put me on meds to prepare my body for transfer. I get checked two or three times up till transfer. They didn’t seem sure of my lining thickness but increased my endometrium and progesterone. They called us to come in and transfer on day 3. On transfer day he explained that my eggs were oval shaped and that it didn’t mean anything cause once they hatched into an embryo the shell would be gone. He also rechecked my lining and said “I think it’s good to transfer”. He left how many we wanted to transfer up to us so we went with two. Neither stuck and I truly felt like it had to do with my lining and timing. So he called us to let us know it was negative and we could transfer again and he wouldn’t charge us full amount cause he felt terrible that we didn’t get our positive. We set up an appointment but couldn’t afford the price. We went in thinking he was going to cut us a deal. So we waited a year and went back. Our first visit with Dr. Abuzeid he apologized again for it not working last round and he re-ran labs cause I told him after the last round I was going up to 63 days without having a mentral cycle and that I always had regular mental cycles before our last IVF cycle. He ran them and we paid. Our cost was over double what our first round cost and he recommended a mini IVF cycle at first. We listened as we trusted that he was the expert. After talking to the nurse about our dosage of meds I reminded her that I didn’t respond well last round of IVF and my meds got increased and so she looked at my chart and said you’re right I see what you’re saying and she talked to Dr. Abuzeid and he says that we’d do a full cycle. He was very adamant about doing another full cycle or mini even though we already had three frozen. We questioned him why and he said he felt better about getting a few more eggs. At this point he said maybe we’ll do a mini IVF cycle plus defrost your three frozen and quoted us the cost. It was more than the full cycle so we went with the full. We figured we’d end up with more embryos and at least be able to transfer and hopefully freeze more. We ordered our meds and during monitoring I got a very uneasy feeling like they weren’t paying close enough attention. We did seem to ha e more eggs this time and they never gave an exact amount or the sizes. On my last monitoring appointment she wanted Abuzeid to come in but he had to rush to the hospital for another patient. She said I’d be retrieving that weekend but didn’t know if I’d be doing a fresh transfer because my lining was measuring way to thick. I asked how thick and she said 22mm. So I pretty much prepared myself to freeze all. They ended up retrieving a couple days later and they called us one time with how our embryos were doing. On day 5 we ended up with 5 embryos left out of 12 and he recommended transferring 3. We were shocked but ended up following his expert advise as we trusted him to make the best decision for us. On transfer day I brought up my lining and he looked at it and said it’s good it’s good. It seemed as though he couldn’t get a good enough measure but again we trusted him. So we transferred our best looking three. Over the next couple weeks we went in twice for blood work and had to increase meds. On beta day we got another negative. He once again called to apologize. The remains of our embryos arrested. We felt like Dr. Abuzeid having so many different offices and patients that we were more of a number now. Thousand if dollars later and transferring 5 embryos we had three left still frozen. I felt he could recommended an ERA test the 2nd time or retested my husbands semen. I feel like with how thick my uterus lining was that it wasn’t optimal for and embryo. He could’ve done more to ensure everything was primed and perfect but he didn’t. I don’t feel like he did it purposely but I do feel like with the price and going through the whole IVF process he could be a lot more personable with his patients. He never even offered PGS testing with my eggs being oval shaped. We truly put all of our trust in him and feel let down. After our last cycle, price increases, and feeling like a number we have now made another appointment elsewhere.
Do your research and advocate for yourself! Request him to do all monitoring and testing so he’s 100% aware of you and your case. Their equipment for monitoring could definitely be updated to.
Many times going in seeing him he’d Tell you everything you wanted to hear and even console you but when it came to facts or knowing your case he’d have to refer back to paperwork and not even realize what was going on. Especially during the hormone injection phase and transfer.
Our protocol was basic, he pushed to do ICSI which resulted in embryos but part of me feels like the more natural approach would’ve resulted in more embryos in the end
The nurses in the flint office were friendly and compassionate but the ones in Rochester office were rude and snooty. They all send unaware and unorganized. Flint office was dirty and outdated
Clinic was dirty and outdated in Flint office. Both offices, Rochester and Flint, were unorganized and unaware of me as a patient. Everything came at a cost once you signed the papers. Before that they mentioned donated meds and helping any way they could. Scheduling was difficult. Paperwork would dissapear and when you’d mention results they’d have to search back through my chart.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Henry Ford Reproductive Medicine (Formerly IVF Michigan Rochester Hills & Flint).
They were on certain days and certain hours. Monitoring equipment seemed old and outdated
He never pushed us to transfer one or multiple the first round, but was very keen on transferring three the 2nd time around.
Dr. Abuzeid was wanted to do a mini Ivf cycle when I didn’t respond well to stimulation’s meds the first time. They lost paperwork. Also they didn’t call me with our results the day if like they said they would. Most times we had to wait till 6:30pm the next day
Rochester Hills

Dr. Abuzeid was wonderful. He clearly knew what he was doing and treated each patient individually and uniquely. He was so compassionate and kind. I trusted him 100% and if I ever decide to do IVF again, he will be my doctor.... My protocol included Gonal-F, cetrotide, a trigger shot, and an HCG booster shot after transfer. I have PCOS so he monitored me very closely to avoid OHSS... Dr. Abuzeid explained the benefits of one embryo vs. two as well as all risks involved. The decision was completely mine.
The staff at the front desk (the ladies you speak to when you call) [at IVF Michigan- Flint] are this clinics only weakness. They don't seem to communicate well with the rest of the office. It is very important that you be your own advocate and keep on top of all aspects of your cycle.... There was always a line when I arrived first thing in the morning. I had a 2 hour drive each way and worked full time so I had to be there first thing. As long as I got there 20 minutes early, my wait was bearable.
Trust your doctor!
Dr. Abuzeid was always kind and caring. He's extremely knowledgeable and I always felt he was the best choice for me.
The nurses were caring and knowledgeable. Their weakness was in their communication between one another.
The staff at the front desk (the ladies you speak to when you call) are this clinics only weakness. They don't seem to communicate well with the rest of the office. It is very important that you be your own advocate and keep on top of all aspects of your cycle. Dr. Abuzeid is a miracle worker and worth seeing.
The cost of my IVF cycle was $10,000. That included monitoring, retrieval, and transfer. His office offered a discount if you met income requirements. He also offers payment plans.
Awaiting test results was always a very long process at this clinic. Oftentimes I would have to call them and push for my results.
Flint (closed)
He [Dr. Abuzeid] was very friendly. He made sure I understood what was going on and what the next steps would be. He didn’t hurry me and made me feel free to ask as many questions as I had. He never made me feel rushed. He was also very optimistic and connected with my husband and I. He didn’t make us feel hopeless.... He is a great doctor. He is personal me and he is very very knowledgeable.... I used 150iu of Menopur, I think 75 or 125 of Follistin for the first few days.
They [IVF MI] personalized our cycle. They were very friendly and open to ask any questions. The nurses made conversation with me and didn’t make me feel like a number. They made sure I was comfortable.... I can’t thjnk of any weaknesses. I absolutely loved them. They were knowledgeable, and let a positive attitude.... They were very open to answering questions. They answered any emails I had in a timely manner. They were knowledgeable and compassionate.
He was very friendly. He made sure I understood what was going on and what the next steps would be. He didn’t hurry me and made me feel free to ask as many questions as I had. He never made me feel rushed. He was also very optimistic and connected with my husband and I. He didn’t make us feel hopeless.
He is a great doctor. He is personal me and he is very very knowledgeable. You’re in good hands!
They personalized our cycle. They were very friendly and open to ask any questions. The nurses made conversation with me and didn’t make me feel like a number. They made sure I was comfortable.
I used 150iu of Menopur, I think 75 or 125 of Follistin for the first few days. Then they added Cetrotide to suppress ovulation. I used Novarel as my tigger before my retrieval. I was on estradiol and endometrium vaginally, and prometrium orally. The day they did the transfer I did one more shot of Novarel.i continued the estridol until around 6 or 7 weeks when I had my first ultrasound and the endometrin until I was 12 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Henry Ford Reproductive Medicine (Formerly IVF Michigan Rochester Hills & Flint). (Assigned nurse: Meanie )
I can’t thjnk of any weaknesses. I absolutely loved them. They were knowledgeable, and let a positive attitude. They were thorough in making sure that I had all of the nessesary tests before hand to make sure nothing else was wrong before jumping right into IVF. They answered any questions we had.
My insurance covered services but I want to say it was around $11k- $12k outbof pocket, not including meds if I would have had to pay.
Dr. Abuzeid usually reccomends transferring two embryos but our insurance covered our IVF costs but o love you allowed us to transfer one embryo at a time.
Mostafa Abuzeid

I believe it was a very conservative approach [with Dr. Abuzeid] and very cookie cutter. Menopur, Gonal-F, and Cetrotide...For my age, Dr. Abuzeid believed I should transfer 2 embryos and educated us on multiples.... He has a very warm bedside manner but he was, also, very real with us about our situation. Since, we were older he gave us all the statistics but in a warm manner. Dr. Abuzeid was very open to our input. For instance, he thought I should go straight to IVF due to my age. But ,since he diagnosed me an uterine septum, I wanted a hysteroscopy for him to fix the uterine septum to avoid a miscarriage. He didnt exactly agree, but, he respected our wishes and did the hysteroscopy to fix my uterus.
The clinic [IVF MI] is very accommodating in getting patients in and they realize that their patients time is important. I really don't see any weakness in the clinic. They really cater to their patients. I can't say enough good about the clinic!...The nurses were amazing. From the beginning, I let them know that I wanted to know everything, for example the exact numbers of the bloodwork. They respected and honored that everytime, I got my blood drawn, I received those numbers.
I really liked Dr. Abuzeid. He has a very warm bedside manner but he was, also, very real with us about our situation. Since, we were older he gave us all the statistics but in a warm manner. Dr. Abuzeid was very open to our input. For instance, he thought I should go straight to IVF due to my age. But ,since he diagnosed me an uterine septum, I wanted a hysteroscopy for him to fix the uterine septum to avoid a miscarriage. He didnt exactly agree, but, he respected our wishes and did the hysteroscopy to fix my uterus.
To ask lots of questions and be an advocate for yourself.
I believe it was a very conservative approach and very cookie cutter. Menopur, Gonal-F, and Cetrotide.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Henry Ford Reproductive Medicine (Formerly IVF Michigan Rochester Hills & Flint). (Assigned nurse: Jen)
The clinic is very accommodating in getting patients in and they realize that their patients time is important. I really don't see any weakness in the clinic. They really cater to their patients. I can't say enough good about the clinic!
Monitoring appts were very easy. Their was a general window for monitoring and I would get there early and get right in.
I believe the IVF cycle was $10,000.
2013 - 2017, Successful
He and his staff made my husband and I feel comfortable. It wasn't about money it was about reaching our goal. He is a very kind and caring man and doctor and I appreciate all the care and guidance he gave us...He was amazing. I did bring thoughts and ideas to the table just based off my medical history and he took them into account and ordered the proper test to investigate those things. Seriously so grateful for his care..openly talk with him. He will listen.
[Monitoring Appointments at IVF MI] It was fine. I mean it's early in the morning which makes it convenient but then again I wasn't really awake....[Nurse] Cheeky was very compassionate and has been there a long time. She always assured me and made the process a lot easier. She did the ultrasound when we found out was pregnant and we basically cried together so amazing....He [Dr. Abuzeid] and his staff made my husband and I feel comfortable. It wasn't about money it was about reaching our goal.
Be informed on yourself and openly talk with him. He will listen.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Henry Ford Reproductive Medicine (Formerly IVF Michigan Rochester Hills & Flint). (Assigned nurse: Cheryl)
Oh man by the end I felt like we were great friends. Cheeky was very compassionate and has been there a long time. She always assured me and made the process a lot easier. She did the ultrasound when we found out was pregnant and we basically cried together so amazing.

2017, Unknown Success
[Dr. Mostafa Abuzeid was] Thorough, kind, and compassionate. I never felt rushed, even though office is incredibly busy. Fully explained risks of hysteroscopy. Seemed to be upfront with expectations and next plan of care...Hysteroscopy. Monitored cycle with planned intercourse. + pregnancy but resulted MC at 7 weeks. IVF soon...Be prepared for a process and big work up.
Love the clinic [IVF MI] ! All the ladies are so pleasant, friendly, and compassionate. Wait times can be long but they are apologetic. Cylce and medication instruction was clear and concise. Nursing always called with results promptly...Hysteroscopy. Monitored cycle with planned intercourse. + pregnancy but resulted MC at 7 weeks. IVF soon...[Dr. Abuzeid was]Thorough, kind, and compassionate. I never felt rushed, even though office is incredibly busy. Fully explained risks of hysteroscopy. Seemed to be upfront with expectations and next plan of care.
Be prepared for a process and big work up.
Love the clinic! All the ladies are so pleasant, friendly, and compassionate. Wait times can be long but they are apologetic. Cylce and medication instruction was clear and concise. Nursing always called with results promptly.
Flint (closed)

Dr. Abuzeid loves what he does and tries very hard to get you pregnant. He is hopeful for you but also is straight forward and tells you that it might not work. With having high FSH it's something most doctors don't even want to deal with and usually recommend donor eggs but Dr. Abuzeid was very much willing to work with and my eggs and I'm super grateful to him.... Because of my high FSH we went with low dose injectable so not to ruin the quality of my eggs.
The front desk secretaries [IVF MI] can be a little gruff but they mean well. Once you get to know them they are much better. The ladies taking your blood are awesome and so are the nurses who help with retrieval and transfers.... Monitoring was open from 730am-930am and first come first served. Sometimes there was no one waiting and other times a couple people would be ahead of you. Bloodwork was done pretty quickly ultrasounds sometimes took longer but Dr. Abuzeid usually went over everything.
Dr. Abuzeid loves what he does and tries very hard to get you pregnant. He is hopeful for you but also is straight forward and tells you that it might not work. With having high FSH it's something most doctors don't even want to deal with and usually recommend donor eggs but Dr. Abuzeid was very much willing to work with and my eggs and I'm super grateful to him. In the next 6 months or so I will trying to conceive Baby No. 2 and I will be seeing Dr. Abuzeid again!
Be prepared for a little bit of a language barrier. But with patience and asking questions you should be able to grasp everything you need to know.
It took me over a year to conceive through Dr. Abuzeid and they never told me they couldn't help me. Each month was a new month and we all hoped it was going to be the month!
The nurses were all great! They knew me by name and genuinely cared. They all were ecstatic when we received the news that i waa finally pregnant!
The front desk secretaries can be a little gruff but they mean well. Once you get to know them they are much better. The ladies taking your blood are awesome and so are the nurses who help with retrieval and transfers.
$10,000 covered all monitoring appointments, retrieval, transfer and after transfer appointments plus all costs associated with monitoring the embryos.
2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Abuzeid] is very kind and very thorough. He always explains everything. He is compassionate and gentle. His office is very busy. There is sometimes a long weight. He is definitely looking out for your best interest always. He is very optimistic but honest. I feel like he did his very best for our cycle even though it ended in miscarriage....Because my husband had a Vasectomy with his first wife, we had to extract his semen and freeze it prior to Tx. (We didn't know if there would be any at all due to length of time) I went on BC to prepare for Ivf. I was on menopur and follistem with lupron in the morning. I didn't have to do the Progesterone in Oil, but had 3 other forms of progesterone. My Trigger was an Intramuscular drug.
The nursing staff [at IVF MI Flint] was amazingly emphatic and kind. They are very good at what they do and will take extra time to explain things.... It would be great to see the office updated. But they are experts, so it's okay if office is outdated....[Monitoring Appointments] It was every other morning from 6-9am. You had to wait in lobby. It was first come first serve. They tried to get people in and out though...The Doctor [Abuzeid] and nurses are always kind and caring. The clinic is very busy and the wait can be long....7,000 IVF cycle. 15,000 for IVF cycle with embryo testing. 800 to freeze. 40/mo for sperm storage. 1,200 for IUI. 1,200 to sperm aspiration.
He is very kind and very thorough. He always explains everything. He is compassionate and gentle. His office is very busy. There is sometimes a long weight. He is definitely looking out for your best interest always. He is very optimistic but honest. I feel like he did his very best for our cycle even though it ended in miscarriage. We are definitely staying with him for our 'hopeful' second cycle (if we can get the funds). I feel like he is one of the pioneers of the field and really understands and is talented in the field of ivf.
Be prepared to wait in the waiting room. But you can trust they will do their very best to achieve your pregnancy.
The Doctor and nurses are always kind and caring. The clinic is very busy and the wait can be long.
Because my husband had a Vasectomy with his first wife, we had to extract his semen and freeze it prior to Tx. (We didn't know if there would be any at all due to length of time) I went on BC to prepare for Ivf. I was on menopur and follistem with lupron in the morning. I didn't have to do the Progesterone in Oil, but had 3 other forms of progesterone. My Trigger was an Intramuscular drug. I Believe I was stemmed for 8 days? We had to transfer on day 3 because the eggs were not doing that great. The best 2 were picked. That he believed would do well enough to continue. None of the remaining eggs made it to day 5 to freeze. I received a pregnant blood test, 2 weeks later. My numbers were incredibly high. But was heart broken to find no heart beat at 5 weeks. The sacs were super low. I was sent to a specialist for additional U/S. I asked to wait til 9 weeks to check again. No heart beat at 9weeks. My body would not M/C on its own because of the IVF drugs. So we had to do a D & C, and I had the worst pain of my life that night after the surgery. I thought I would die from the pain. Dr.Abuzeid was very kind and emphatic. Not sure if endometriosis made everything worse. Even with everything that happened, I would go out on the limb to try again, for a chance at motherhood.
The nursing staff was amazingly emphatic and kind. They are very good at what they do and will take extra time to explain things.
It's kind of a pain to travel to Flint. I wish they were in Lapeer. I wish the wait was a little less. It would be great to see the office updated. But they are experts, so it's okay if office is outdated.
I was happy with transferring 2.
Flint (closed)

Dr Abuzeid is wonderful. He is genuinely caring and wants success for his patients. He is a skilled surgeon and had it not been for him, I wouldn’t have my daughter. I cannot is compliment his skill and expertise enough and would refer anyone to him without question.... I had a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy, septum resection, tube opening and lysis of scar tissue. Then I had six weeks of estrogen, two weeks of progesterone prior to being able to try after my surgery. We had one unmedicated cycle with a negative test and then a positive test the next cycle.
The nursing staff at IVF Michigan Rochester are very caring and compassionate. They listen and are wonderful and kind...No weaknesses. Very easy to get an appointment and caring staff that is passionate about field. They want you to have a baby and they do everything they can to make that happen. I’ve been so impressed with the practice. They are so caring and considerate. I can’t sing their praises loudly enough
Go in with an open mind and listen. Don’t lose hope.
Dr Abuzeid is amazing. He took time to explain the situation and made sure that both me and my husband knew the path forward and any possible risks. He is warm and caring and you can tell that he is passionate about his work.
My insurance covered most of my treatments with minimal exceptions

2016, Unknown Success
Our experience with him has been excellent. I always had a lot of questions, and Dr. Abuzeid took time to explain everything and showed compassion at every step. He is extremely knowledgeable and experienced...The decor in the Flint office is dated, but as patient that isn't something that really affected me. The need to have a water dispenser in the waiting area. Since they are so busy, at times you may have to wait a while. But the lab seemed very efficient, the facility and procedure area is up to date and well equipped and the whole team operates well.
The decor in the Flint office is dated, but as patient that isn't something that really affected me. The need to have a water dispenser in the waiting area. Since they are so busy, at times you may have to wait a while. But the lab seemed very efficient, the facility and procedure area is up to date and well equipped and the whole team operates well....About $8000 for IVF cycle, not including medication.
If you have questions or doubts, express yourself.
He took time to answer all my questions and did not dismiss any of my concerns. If I had any concerns at any point during treatment, he always addressed them.
Antagonist protocol, HCG trigger.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Henry Ford Reproductive Medicine (Formerly IVF Michigan Rochester Hills & Flint). (Assigned nurse: Sheryl)
They are very efficient, but also very busy. Sometimes it takes them a while to call you back. But they are helpful and take good care of their patients.
About $8000 for IVF cycle, not including medication.