LGBTQ+ Care
LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

10777 Nall Avenue
Overland Park, KS 66211

2015, Unsuccessful
Dr. Marsh was kind, empathetic and professional....However, after 3 cycles converted to IUIs and 1 retrieval that failed to make a blast, we felt that the entire practice and lab was too new and thought we could get better results at a more established clinic....One thing is make sure you get the office to agree to in-person consultations after a failed procedure. My husband and I had a hard time getting a time and a location to meet with Dr. Marsh after our failed retrieval.
Overall, they felt like a very young clinic [KU Med] and even though another doctor had been there for a while, they appeared to be changing methodologies...Turri was the main nurse and IVF coordinator. She was professional and all business. I sometimes needed her to re-explain or walk through Items again because she would fly through the instructions. It would have been nice to have been shown a little more compassion. The other nurses we interacted with for shots and during retrieval were warmer.
How was your experience with Courtney Marsh at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Marsh was very professional and kind. However, after 3 cycles converted to IUIs and 1 retrieval that failed to make a blast, we felt that the entire practice and lab was too new and thought we could get better results at a more established clinic.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Courtney Marsh at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Courtney Marsh at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Marsh was kind, empathetic and professional.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Turri Hall)
Describe your experience with Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
Overall, they felt like a very young clinic and even though another doctor had been there for a while, they appeared to be changing methodologies. Once we discovered SART reports, my husband and I felt they didn’t have the successes to continue with them.
Describe Courtney Marsh's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.

2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
Dr Marsh didn’t recommend transferring more then one embryo because I was young (<35). She said studies don’t show it helps and the risk of complications due to multiples is too high...uses evidence based practice to back up all of her treatment plans. She explains when questioned but is blunt and doesn’t sugar coat anything. She definitely doesn’t support trying something just to try it, if the studies don’t show it helps...She’s good, but blunt. Ask lots of questions and rational she will explain it well but it may be hard to hear.
A few times my labs [from Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] were not resulted in the portal until I messaged them to ask...The clinic is fast, they’re good at getting you in to see a dr and starting treatments. All communication is done through a portal called eIVF and it definitely has its glitches. I do wish I could just call and chat with a nurse...Dr. Marsh uses evidence based practice to back up all of her treatment plans. She explains when questioned but is blunt and doesn’t sugar coat anything. She definitely doesn’t support trying something just to try it, if the studies don’t show it helps.
Dr Marsh didn’t recommend transferring more then one embryo because I was young (<35). She said studies don’t show it helps and the risk of complications due to multiples is too high/
What specific things went wrong at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
A few times my labs were not resulted in the portal until I messaged them to ask.
Overland Park

Dr Marsh has been great to work with so far. She was caring, spent time talking with my husband and i. Made sure we understood all options. ... We are still currently under going treatment. We have done 1 iui with Dr Marsh and moving onto Ivf. She has been caring and supportive so far. We will be meeting with her again soon for a ivf consult and to start the process. We are beyond thrilled to be moving forward with treatment
We did one round of iui with pills and injections [at KU Center for Advanced Repro Med]. I had two sonograms and then iui. The nurse administered the iui. ... We are still under going treatment but they have been great to work with this far. I have no complaints other than it’s difficult to contact people at the office. ... They have been good to work with and provided answers to questions when asked!
Ask questions!
Describe the protocols Courtney Marsh used in your cycles at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We did one round of iui with pills and injections. I had two sonograms and then iui. The nurse administered the iui.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
They have been good to work with and provided answers to questions when asked!
We are still under going treatment but they have been great to work with this far. I have no complaints other than it’s difficult to contact people at the office. However the amount of knowledge dr Marsh has and being so positive, makes up for that.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Courtney Marsh at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
I believe it was $1000 or more. I truly am not 100% sure.
Overland Park
She [Dr. Holoch] took time to explain everything we needed to do, she answered all my silly questions and continues to do so... I initially felt not taken care of but the care has gotten much better since that initial visit. She takes time to call me and my husband and talk to us fully about all options. I appreciate her dedication.... Make sure she reviewed your chart prior to that initial appointment
The office [Kansas U Ctr for Advanced Repro Med] is very welcoming, they are prompt with time of appointment, it’s a very relaxing environment, and the front desk staff is awesome. They all just want to help you. I appreciate them so much... Maddison is awesome! She was super helpful to us when we received bad news, always compassionate, and explained all of our options every time. She goes above and beyond anything we could ask for.
How was your experience with Kristin Holoch at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kristin Holoch at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Make sure she reviewed your chart prior to that initial appointment
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kristin Holoch at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
She took time to explain everything we needed to do, she answered all my silly questions and continues to do so
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Maddison )
The office is very welcoming, they are prompt with time of appointment, it’s a very relaxing environment, and the front desk staff is awesome. They all just want to help you. I appreciate them so much
Overland Park

I am young and had no known reason for infertility. Dr. Marsh wasted no time figuring out what the reason(s) we couldn't conceive and acted fast to put a plan together. They accommodated my husbands schedule when he needed to go in for testing as well. When his results came back they reached out on many outlets to get us the information, and then waited no time sending us the referral he now needs as well.
The front desk staff [KU Center for Advanced Repro Med] always remembers me by name, and get me back promptly. They are great about answering questions and will find the answer if they don't know it. Even the lab staff is wonderful and try to make the process as painless as possible. I have only had to wait once and they didn't make me feel rushed through my appointment like I have experienced other places.
There are multiple resources to reach out to the staff. They also accommodate male infertility, making the process much smoother than others I have heard of.
The front desk staff always remembers me by name, and get me back promptly. They are great about answering questions and will find the answer if they don't know it. Even the lab staff is wonderful and try to make the process as painless as possible. I have only had to wait once and they didn't make me feel rushed through my appointment like I have experienced other places.
Overland Park
[Dr. Courtney Marsh was] Very professional and courteous. She set realistic expectations, and we were pleasantly surprised to have early success. She spoke to us in a clear manner and was reassuring when we had concerns...I tried IUI a few times, I think just because my insurance required it. And we did injected medicine for 2 months...had excellent bedside manner.
Physician and staff [at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] had excellent bedside manner...Excellent location, good access with parking, and very nice building. Front desk is very nice, and I always received follow-up phone calls...the interaction from the finance team could have been more clear...I would have liked a cappucciono provided to drink while I waited
Have realistic expectations, but don't give up hope. It was a check to my ego to go through this process, but it was worth it in the end!
Excellent care, things were explained in full. Physician and staff had excellent bedside manner.
I tried IUI a few times, I think just because my insurance required it. And we did injected medicine for 2 months. I just followed the directions they gave me
Excellent location, good access with parking, and very nice building. Front desk is very nice, and I always received follow-up phone calls. I guess I would have liked a cappucciono provided to drink while I waited, and the interaction from the finance team could have been more clear.
It was about $13k in total
One embryo was recommended
Overland Park

Dr. Lydic really takes the time to listen to what my goals and expectations are. If he has other thoughts he voices them. He allows me to control the path of my journey. I'm ready for IVF and he is very supportive of my decision and desire to have a child.... Strengths: listens to what I expect out of my infertility journey. Good communication with staff. Prompt return phone calls. When I request an appoint he is always willing and able to listen, even if it's just a bitch session and complaining how expensive this all is. Weakness: telling me what plans B and C are of my plan A doesn't work out.
They [the nursing staff at KU Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] were my shoulder to cry on when my IUI cycles failed. And when my insurance changes and my medications were $500.... Strengths: listens to what I expect out of my infertility journey. Good communication with staff. Prompt return phone calls. When I request an appoint he is always willing and able to listen, even if it's just a bitch session and complaining how expensive this all is. Weakness: telling me what plans B and C are of my plan A doesn't work out.
How was your experience with Michael Lydic at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Lydic at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Don't go in having one plan. Listen to the doctor and come to a course of action you all are comfortable with.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Lydic at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
They were my shoulder to cry on when my IUI cycles failed. And when my insurance changes and my medications were $500.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Lydic at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
IUI was $500 each Meds around $1200
Overland Park
She [Dr. Marsh] took the time to get to know me and my husband. She has excellent bedside manner...She is always listening and has an answer for any worry or question. I know she is there for me and I feel her support. She is like a cheerleader in wanting to have her patients be successful. She treats me like a friend rather than a patient...Femura- 1 round to try to get me to ovulate, unsuccessful treatment was changed. Gonal f injections with trigger shots-2 rounds, unsuccessful, treatment was changed Currently going through ivf
[The staff at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine was] Quick in responding phone calls and emails. Call to follow up on days when they aren't working. Ensures the patients understand the treatment plan...It is a clean clinic. It is easy to find. Staff are always friendly and smiling...Femura- 1 round to try to get me to ovulate, unsuccessful treatment was changed. Gonal f injections with trigger shots-2 rounds, unsuccessful, treatment was changed Currently going through ivf
Write down questions ahead of time for the appointments
She took the time to get to know me and my husband. She has excellent bedside manner.
Single is more successful and less of a risk for mom and baby
Overland Park
I felt like she [Dr. Kristin Holoch] was very knowledgeable and respectful of our situation. She seemed interested in what we had to say, and what we had experienced up until our first appointment with her. She was friendly, down to earth, and extremely proactive.... She was extremely thorough and to the point, yet very knowledgeable and friendly.
I feel like the staff at this clinic [Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] do a very good job of making you feel welcome and comfortable. We are often put in a lot of really awkward situations, and a majority of the staff here have helped ease that discomfort!... Fan. Freaking. Tastic. Cannot say enough about how compassionate, and relatable, and friendly, and intelligent she [a nurse] is. She seriously makes the entire trip to the clinic so easy. Hands down the best nurse we've ever worked with!
I felt like she was very knowledgeable and respectful of our situation. She seemed interested in what we had to say, and what we had experienced up until our first appointment with her. She was friendly, down to earth, and extremely proactive.
Write down all of your questions! She will answer them all!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Shannon)
Fan. Freaking. Tastic. Cannot say enough about how compassionate, and relatable, and friendly, and intelligent she is. She seriously makes the entire trip to the clinic so easy. Hands down the best nurse we've ever worked with!
I feel like the staff at this clinic do a very good job of making you feel welcome and comfortable. We are often put in a lot of really awkward situations, and a majority of the staff here have helped ease that discomfort!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kristin Holoch at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
General consultation appointment-$300 Sonogram-$187/ea IUI-$600 ($300 IUI, $300 Semen part) Bloodwork-Varies on testing.
2014 - 2015, Unsuccessful
Egg Freezing With Other Docs
She [Dr. Krieg] was very nice although I wish she'd gone over more of the risks on the hormone treatments and the likelihood (or not) of success... Most of the time they treated me as a human, but the entire process lends more to feeling like a number.
Most of the time they [staff Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] treated me as a human, but the entire process lends more to feeling like a number... I'm not sure it's totally the clinic's fault, but because much is 'outsourced'--medications, genetic testing, etc. This information was not always clearly transferred from one party to the next.
How was your experience with Sacha Krieg at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
This doctor's name is Sacha Krieg, I believe, not how it's spelled above. She was very nice although I wish she'd gone over more of the risks on the hormone treatments and the likelihood (or not) of sucesss
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sacha Krieg at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Ask questions and don't get your hopes up.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sacha Krieg at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Christina Williams)
She was fine when I was able to talk to her directly but this was often not the case so I often felt confused and 'on my own.'
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sacha Krieg at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
$13,000 for IVF (egg retrieval and transfer) $5,000+ for meds $1,500 genetic testing
Sacha Krieg

2022, Unsuccessful
During my treatment with Courtney Marsh, I definitely felt listened to and encouraged with treatment...listened to during our first consultation and worked directly with my endo specialist to help get a plan together for IUI...Frequent appointments (including weekends) for ultrasounds, bloodwork, etc were very helpful...Be very open and clear of what you want so she can help you the best way she can. She is a very straight shooter.
Definitely have a game plan of what you want because this team will tackle what your plan is head on...be prepared for long waits for results...very welcoming and brought joy during my time with them...will help out on the weekends which is wonderful for someone who works 40+ hours a week...downfall I experienced is the wait from my appointments to portal updates for my next steps.
During my treatment with Courtney Marsh, I definitely felt listened to and encouraged with treatment. The only downfall I experienced is the wait from my appointments to portal updates for my next steps.
I was listened to during our first consultation and worked directly with my endo specialist to help get a plan together for IUI
Frequent appointments (including weekends) for ultrasounds, bloodwork, etc were very helpful. I was put on injectables my first cycle to aggressively tackle my infertility. I appreciate the aggressiveness, but was kind of caught off guard when given injectables with very little knowledge of what was what. I did achieve ovulation with their protocols but not high enough to achieve pregnancy.
Loved the nursing staff in office. Felt very welcomed during the hectic run of a cycle. The only thing I didn't like was everyone was involved in a cycle and you didn't have a set point of contact.
Definitely have a game plan of what you want because this team will tackle what your plan is head on. The only thing I say is be prepared for long waits for results. Other than that, the clinic is very welcoming and brought joy during my time with them. They also will help out on the weekends which is wonderful for someone who works 40+ hours a week!
It was pretty reasonable. Although, it took forever for my bloodwork and ultrasound bills to come through

2017 - 2022, Unknown Success
Strengths is that Dr. Marsh listens to her patients and understands their affordability when it comes to treatment. Weakness if you ask her recommendations she struggles to give you them...We started with time intercouse with fertility medication letrozole. Then we moved on to IUI with same medication...
Interview a few clinics before moving forward in starting treatments...I do feel Dr. Marsh listens to and your ideas, however I struggle not knowing her recommendations. Not sure if [the Kansas U Center] nurses don't report it to her patients and it spills through the tracks. I like how she has become more soft hearted as I go further into treatment..
Strengths is that Dr. Marsh listens to her patients and understands their affordability when it comes to treatment. Weakness if you ask her recommendations she struggles to give you them. Overall she has got me pregnant 3x already and been happy with my care overall. We are still currently doing treatments to get pregnant with our last living child. We have had a rough year with two losses in the past pregnancy.
Advocate for yourself. When something doesn't feel right asked your provider.
I do feel Dr. Marsh listens to and your ideas, however I struggle not knowing her recommendations. Not sure if her nurses don't report it to her patients and it spills through the tracks. I like how she has become more soft hearted as I go further into treatment. I and still seeking treatment from her.
We started with time intercouse with fertility medication letrozole. Then we moved on to IUI with same medication and got pregnant with our b/g twins, who are now 3 years old. Then we did the same approach, however my medication needed to raised, but I got pregnant, but the pregnancy ended in a 7 week loss. Then we went on to 2 cycles of letrozole and clomid together with IUI those failed. Then we went on to do another cycle with letrozole that IUI failed. Then we went on to do a hybrid cycle letrozole and gonal f pregnant with our daughter, but lost her at 22 weeks due to trisomy 18. Now we are back with treatments have 3 hybrid cycles with IUI 2 have failed and one is undetermined as I am in the two week wait.
Interview a few clinics before moving forward in starting treatments. She what best fits with you. I really wish I did this, however I also feel like I am in a good place. We are not done with our journey, but be patient things will work out.
So far $9,700
Overland Park

We only met her [Dr. Courtney Marsh] one time at our first visit even though we had about 20 visits. She was too busy and it cost over $100 just to talk with her on the phone to explain anything to us about our treatment options. Nothing was personalized just take this pill or shot then come in every 3 days and nothing worked...I raised concerns that were never addressed...We did Clomid, Fermera pills that never helped. She kept trying to make them work, but it wasted so much time and money to have to keep coming in to check. Then we moved to the Gonl-F shots and trigger shots.
Lack of a true plan or understanding of why we were doing things [at KU Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine]...was going to be gone for work for 3 days and I let them know a few times then when they scheduled me on one of those days I was like I am out of town I have told you that a number of times, but they never listened. A total lack of communication...Then I would log onto the portal and nothing was there or anything. It was lazy and not caring.
Courtney Mash didn't care or take the time to ever inform us about our cycle plan or why she thought it would be best to do what she suggested. I raised concerns that were never addressed. I also was going to be gone for work for 3 days and I let them know a few times then when they scheduled me on one of those days I was like I am out of town I have told you that a number of times, but they never listened. A total lack of communication or a plan to feel like spending thousands of dollars helped at all. A total waste of our money, time and stress.
I would highly suggest to go somewhere else! If you want to actually meet with your doctor without waiting and spending hundreds of dollars more then she is not the one for you. I have done better research and will go somewhere else that gets the best reviews and you actually get to meet with your doctor at no extra charge! What an amazing thought to actually meet with you doctor and not just comminuted with the nurses via the portal!
We only met her one time at our first visit even though we had about 20 visits. She was too busy and it cost over $100 just to talk with her on the phone to explain anything to us about our treatment options. Nothing was personalized just take this pill or shot then come in every 3 days and nothing worked.
It just depended on who we saw that day. There was always a lack of communication at the appointments on what they were needing to be checking again. Then I would log onto the portal and nothing was there or anything. It was lazy and not caring.
Don't go honestly. I wish I was told this before we did. 1.) Lack of a true plan or understanding of why we were doing things 2.) Felt like a number and that they just wanted our money 3.) Didn't care about us or try to make a caring connection
Over the top! It was so expensive and a waste for us. Crazy how you can spend so much for no results. If I did that at work I wouldn't get paid or I would be fired.
She never spoke with us or suggested anything.
Everything. It was a total waste and they never tried to figure out me and why I am have these problems. Very disappointing.
Overland Park

I overall didn't have a good experience here [Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine]. She [Dr. Marsh] did end up diagnosing me with Chronic Endometritis after my 3rd miscarriage. But I no longer felt comfortable moving forward with her and future pregnancies as I didn't feel she cared about me or my success...Don't see her if you have Recurrent Loss. She may be good for other conditions but the care/compassion isn't there for those who suffer from that...She discharged me at 7 weeks even though I had never made it to 8 weeks and my HCG was low. Just 3 days later I started miscarrying. When I tried to call to get an appt with her the soonest she would see me was 1-2 months later and ultimately she ended up agreeing to do a phone call instead. After
For Recurrent Loss I do not recommend her. After 3 losses she immediately recommended Surrogacy even though no tests had come back to prove that I couldn't carry a child. After my 3rd loss under her care she wouldn't even take the time to see me for 1-2 months which was upsetting. I was finally able to get her to agree to a phone call. No compassion. I felt like she just didn't want to waste her time and possibly IVF success rate on me and maybe that's why she went straight to surrogacy. I'm still baffled by that. I ended up having success with IVF at another clinic in Kansas City.
She didn't seem to care about me. While under Dr. Marsh's care I got pregnant for a 3rd time naturally after 2 prior miscarriages. She discharged me at 7 weeks even though I had never made it to 8 weeks and my HCG was low. Just 3 days later I started miscarrying. When I tried to call to get an appt with her the soonest she would see me was 1-2 months later and ultimately she ended up agreeing to do a phone call instead. After 3 losses I asked her about IVF and she immediately recommended Surrogacy (I was so shocked I had to ask her again) even though nothing had shown I couldn't carry a child myself. Between discharging me before 8 weeks and recommending surrogacy I stopped seeing her as I could tell she didn't care about helping me. Thank goodness I found another clinic b/c I am now 20 weeks pregnant via IVF and I'm carrying my own child! While she may be good for other conditions I do not recommend going to her if your issue is Recurrent loss as she doesn't seem to care to help.
I got pregnant naturally for the 3rd time while under her care. She did an initial hcg check which was good. She also had me taking vaginal progesterone suppositories. I was wearing the Ava Bracelet and noticed my bbt was decreasing (same as my other 2 pregnancies). So she had me come in again to test hcg but now I was no longer doubling, my numbers were low but still slightly rising, and my progesterone was decreasing. At 6wk1day she had me come in to make sure it wasn't ectopic and to everyone's surprise there was a little embryo with a good heart beat. I asked if I should increase my progesterone and she said "no". She told me to come back 1 week later and by that appt the embryo was now measuring 4 days behind but the heart rate was higher. She then proceeded to discharge me to my standard OBGYN and said every thing should be fine. Even though I felt deep down between the low hcg, and dropping progesterone everything was not fine and she knew better but just didn't want to deal with it. Plus I had never made it to 8 weeks. Well sure enough 3 days later I start to miscarry.
I overall didn't have a good experience here. She did end up diagnosing me with Chronic Endometritis after my 3rd miscarriage. But I no longer felt comfortable moving forward with her and future pregnancies as I didn't feel she cared about me or my success.
2020, Unknown Success
[Dr. Kristin Holoch] didn’t beat around the bush and look for other “answers” outside of infertility. She got right to the point, set a treatment plan, and worked towards getting me pregnant...Be ready for an aggressive and set plan to getting pregnant. She doesn’t wait around...She was very personable. She spent the time to answer all of our questions and explain things in terms that I understood
[The Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] was very organized and efficient. They have a Friendly and helpful staff...Pretty much everything that I needed was able to be taken care of in the clinic. They even had a finance department there with someone to come in and explain all the costs to us on the spot and answer all of our questions
Before becoming a patient of Dr. Holoch I had been seen by 2 other doctors. Both of these doctors wanted to “try” non fertility related strategies before diving into infertility. They wanted me to focus on my diet, try other medications, and wait 6-8 months to “see what happened”. One of these doctors also misdiagnosed me with PCOS. I had already been TTC for over a year. I was done waiting. When I was finally recommended to Dr. Holoch by a friend I was so relieved. She didn’t beat around the bush and look for other “answers” outside of infertility. She got right to the point, set a treatment plan, and worked towards getting me pregnant. It was refreshing and I felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders. Finally someone who wasn’t going to mess around and take chances. She knew what I wanted and was ready to help.
Be ready for an aggressive and set plan to getting pregnant. She doesn’t wait around. Which is exactly what I wanted.
She was very personable. She spent the time to answer all of our questions and explain things in terms that I understood.
The KU Med Center Woman’s Clinic was very organized and efficient. They have a Friendly and helpful staff. I felt well taken care of and like they all really loved what they were doing. Pretty much everything that I needed was able to be taken care of in the clinic. They even had a finance department there with someone to come in and explain all the costs to us on the spot and answer all of our questions.
Surrogacy With Other Docs
i feel like dr marsh is doing what she needs to and hopefully will result in a pregnacy, i feel like if i didnt have a good chance getting pregnant then she would just refer me on to ivf...ive only seen her once and that was consultation day, i normally go threw the nurses for everything, i do like that dr marsh and nurses get back with me in a timely manner tho and lets me decide if i will move on to iui or jsut meds and timed.
[The nurses at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] have been a huge help in everything, i talk to them alot and i get my questions answers in a timely manner...i enjoy everything about this clinic, the staff is very helpful and very compassionate. i can always get in when i need to and i feel like they all know their jobs and what they need to do which is very comforting...i have a blocked tube, low eggs and now low male count , we are currently doing femara, US and trigger shots husband was referred to a urologist so aiting to do another iui until his appt, so jsut doing meds and timed for now
dont give up and if you have questions ask and dont hesitate to email and get answers
she gets back with me in a timely manner and always anwsers my questions when i have them
they have been a huge help in everything, i talk to them alot and i get my questions answers in a timely manner
not too much, very reasonable...i just wish my insurance paid for ivf bc i would most likely just do that instead since iui is only 10/20% chance
Overland Park

Communication [at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] is the what needs to be worked on the most, everyone is very nice. I feel how to get a hold of everyone and who is available isn't that strong. I feel that the nurse change around a lot to different doctors...The nurse staff switched around a lot and they didn't communicate to each other very well...Dr. Courtney Marsh was amazing. She was empathetic and caring at every visit, and I feel she really cared about her patience. I went to a doctor before her that had the worst bedside manner, however we have to complains on Dr. Marshes bedside manner. We are very appreciative of Dr. Marsh and we have two amazing children because of her. Dr, Marsh had great bedside manner, explained everything, and was very empathetic to our challenges ahead.
I would say make sure you understand how to get a hold of the important people you need to talk to and what manner it is best to contact them if you have questions
Dr. Courtney Marsh was amazing. She was empathetic and caring at every visit, and I feel she really cared about her patience. I went to a doctor before her that had the worst bedside manner, however we have to complains on Dr. Marshes bedside manner. I feel that at times her nurses were hard to get a hold of and the communication in the clinic needed some work at times. But we very appreciative of Dr. Marsh and we have two amazing children because of her.
Communication is the what needs to be worked on the most, everyone is very nice. I feel how to get a hold of everyone and who is available isn't that strong. I feel that the nurse change around a lot to different doctors.
Overland Park

She [Dr. Holoch] was very knowledgeable about my diagnosis and gave me so much hope. I was very eager to start treatment with her after my consultation. She showed compassion after each cycle and was always willing to take time for a phone call to discuss future treatments. ... 450 units gonal-f 150 units menopur 11 days 25mg cetrotide 6days 10 eggs retrieved 7 mature 3 embryos all PGS tested and abnormal
This clinic [Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] is very clean, bright, and everyone is very friendly and welcoming upon arriving. ... They [nurses] were all very nice and willing to take as much time that was needed to answer any questions I had at every visit. ... They always treat you with respect. Highly recommended by myself and others that I know have used this clinic. ...
She was very knowledgeable about my diagnosis and gave me so much hope. I was very eager to start treatment with her after my consultation. She showed compassion after each cycle and was always willing to take time for a phone call to discuss future treatments.
She is knowledgeable about all the areas of infertility. Any problem someone is having she would be able to tell them the best option for them.
She provided the best care possible given my situation and diagnosis. I would highly recommend her and the clinic to family or friends.
Describe the protocols Kristin Holoch used in your cycles at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
They were all very nice and willing to take as much time that was needed to answer any questions I had at every visit.
This clinic is very clean, bright, and everyone is very friendly and welcoming upon arriving. They always treat you with respect. Highly recommended by myself and others that I know have used this clinic.
IVF round 1-$15,000 Meds-$9000 IVF round 2-$12,000 Meds-$9000

2022 - 2023, Unsuccessful
Dr Lydic is very thorough and patient when answering questions...gave us several options for our treatment plan...has a good bedside manner...pleased with his professionalism...was up front with things and communicated well...called after hours to answer questions and give results...typically elects to only transfer one at a time
The nurses are very kind [at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine]. They are patient when working with people and take the time to answer all questions...typically elects to only transfer one at a time...12k for retrieval cycle 7k for transfer cycle 6k for medication
Dr Lydic is very thorough and patient when answering questions. He gave us several options for our treatment plan. He has a good bedside manner. We were very pleased with his professionalism. Dr Lydic was up front with things and communicated well.
Nothibg
He called after hours to answer questions and give results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Christina )
The nursing staff was great. And responded in a timely manner.
Good clinic to go to. The nurses are very kind. They are patient when working with people and take the time to answer all questions. I could not have asked for better nurses to work with during this trying process.
12k for retrieval cycle 7k for transfer cycle 6k for medication
Describe Michael Lydic's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
He typically elects to only transfer one at a time - which if we’d had more, we would have preferred to transfer more than one at a time. He said he could work with us if we had more than 1 to transfer.

2020, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Holoch] never seemed to care about my husbands side of things. Never asked for him medical history or his family's medical history. Never wanted to try and put him on and medication to help with anything...All test results were put in their portal, which crashed all the time and when I would call to ask no one would answer..
I always felt like I was just a number [at Kansas U Center] for aand they get paid one way or another...When I had a procedure done they billed to the insurance with the wrong code and everytime I called they said they would take care of it and it took way to long for it to get fixed. Im talking months...Also everytime I called no one would asker, so I would leave a message and ask for a call back and they would just leave a message over the portal
She never seemed to care about my husbands side of things. Never asked for him medical history or his family's medical history. Never wanted to try and put him on and medication to help with anything.
Choice a different doctor at a different clinic
I was never called for any test results. All test results were put in their portal, which crashed all the time and when I would call to ask no one would answer. I would leave a message and would not get a call back I would get another message to the portal
I always felt like I was just a number and they get paid one way or another
They put everything on a portal that would not work 90% of the time. Also everytime I called no one would asker, so I would leave a message and ask for a call back and they would just leave a message over the portal
Overland Park
Dr. Lyric unfortunately has never performed the IUI procedure which was something that I wish was discussed in consult. But he is actively involved in my treatment and multiple times has personally called me which I very much appreciate...Excellent Communication when explaining the process and course of treatment he believes is best and takes time to call you personally.
They [Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] have great protocols in place during Covid -19. I do feel like their office is “crammed” and not the most warm inviting place but then again you don’t want to spend your whole day there but also want it to be comforting...Was not impressed with my last failed treatment Cycle. Not much communication and not impressed being informed through the portal.
Describe the protocols Michael Lydic used in your cycles at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
IUI 3-4 times and then IVF
Always responds with a couple hours
They have great protocols in place during Covid -19. I do feel like their office is “crammed” and not the most warm inviting place but then again you don’t want to spend your whole day there but also want it to be comforting.
Overland Park
Dr. Lydic shares what he thinks the fastest option to getting pregnant is, but allows the patient to be a part of the conversation for the treatment plan...calls and introduces himself prior to the first appointment, listens to his patients, is timely in responding with results, spends ample time during appointments to ensure all questions have been answered....
This clinic [Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] is respectful of the patients time and the wait time is minimal. Appointments are available on short notice and they will do their best to work around a time that is convenient for you. They are also open on Saturdays...The nurses staff is very responsive. They are kind and always answer questions in the portal immediately. This has its downside however, when a nurse I’m not familiar with answers and his/her answer doesn’t align with our plan we discussed with Dr. Lydic.
Strength: calls and introduces himself prior to the first appointment, listens to his patients, is timely in responding with results, spends ample time during appointments to ensure all questions have been answered.
Know your plan, the nurses responses in the portal are not always accurate
This clinic is respectful of the patients time and the wait time is minimal. Appointments are available on short notice and they will do their best to work around a time that is convenient for you. They are also open on Saturdays.
Overland Park
Dr. Holoch has been absolutely wonderful. At this point ivf is our next and only step. She is very invested in our success on our first round. She has been sure to answer any and all questions and I cannot wait to get started!... Don’t be afraid to ask any questions. She won’t beat around the question and answer it fully.... Dr. Holoch has answered every question I have had fully. You can tell she also is very invested in my success.
Our clinic [KU Ctr for Advanced Repro Med] has been great so far. I truly have no complaints. Every time I need an appointment, they make sure to get me in and everyone I’ve seen has always been friendly. Treatment plans and communication have always been given within a very timely manner. Just be sure to ask the questions you have.... My estimated cost for our ivf cycle is about $18,000
We have not yet been given our protocol for our ivf cycle in about 6 weeks.
Our clinic has been great so far. I truly have no complaints. Every time I need an appointment, they make sure to get me in and everyone I’ve seen has always been friendly. Treatment plans and communication have always been given within a very timely manner. Just be sure to ask the questions you have.
My estimated cost for our ivf cycle is about $18,000
2015, Unsuccessful
Dr Marsh was very helpful and took the time to listen to our history of everything we have been through to try to have a child. She was honest with us about our chances and what she thought was in our best interest.... Courtney Marsh took the time to sit down with us and discuss our options and what our chances were of conceiving... [Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine has a] Very relaxed environment and everyone was so helpful. Did not have to wait too long for an appointment and Dr Marsh had already went over our history and was ready to help us with our next step with infertility
[Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine has a] Very relaxed environment and everyone was so helpful. Did not have to wait too long for an appointment and Dr Marsh had already went over our history and was ready to help us with our next step with infertility.. Dr Marsh was very helpful and took the time to listen to our history of everything we have been through to try to have a child. She was honest with us about our chances and what she thought was in our best interest.
Very caring and compassionate.
We used injectables and then did an IUI
I remember the IUI was around $500-$600

2020 - 2022, Successful
He [Dr. Lydic] knows what he is doing and he does not provide false expectations. Although I have only seen him twice throughout the process he has never ceased communication with me or my partner, and was always available to answer questions...He made sure that my husband and I thoroughly understood our situation and treated us like human beings. Dr. Lydic was extremely kind and understanding that I have had extreme sexual trauma as well...
Overall I liked the clinic [ Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine]. They were always on time and were sensitive to my needs. They did struggle with having a lot of moving parts and there were a few things missed...They just were off on my ovulation as I did not have an issue ovulating on my own. I was active in my own care to track my ovulation so that I would not miss a potential IUI. I am thankful that I tracked as I am now pregnant...
Dr. Lydic was absolutely amazing. He knows what he is doing and he does not provide false expectations. Although I have only seen him twice throughout the process he has never ceased communication with me or my partner, and was always available to answer questions.
Understand that you will not be able to physically meet with him however he is responsive via the portal.
Being a healthcare professional myself I only utilize providers that are personable and truly care about their profession. He made sure that my husband and I thoroughly understood our situation and treated us like human beings. Dr. Lydic was extremely kind and understanding that I have had extreme sexual trauma as well. I absolutely loved my experience with this man.
The first cycle was letrozole alone and the trigger shot on standby to grow my eggs on my unblocked side. We missed ovulation and had to begin again next cycle. Next cycle letrozole and a vaginal insert. That cycle we did not get viable eggs of a good size on that size, and no IUI. The last cycle we did letrozole, clomid, vaginal inserts and the trigger shot which produce two on my left and one on my right. All viable. then followed up with progesterone vaginal inserts for 10weeks. I completed the IUI and was pregnant that cycle. I am currently 5 months pregnant without issue. I did find out though my first ob/gyn appointment that I got pregnant on the blocked side.
Overall the nursing staff was great and answered all of my questions for the most part. The only thing that I can say is that they sometimes don't pay attention to what the doctor recommends. I missed two potential IUI's due to missed ovulation that I caught.
Overall I liked the clinic. They were always on time and were sensitive to my needs. They did struggle with having a lot of moving parts and there were a few things missed. I did appreciate that they utilized my insurance for what they could and provided pricing up front for the items that were not covered.
Total I spend including the IUI was in the ballpark of $800. Labs, medication, and imaging was included in this price. It is important to note that I had met my deductible for my insurance prior to moving forward with IUI.
They just were off on my ovulation as I did not have an issue ovulating on my own. I was active in my own care to track my ovulation so that I would not miss a potential IUI. I am thankful that I tracked as I am now pregnant. Out of 3 tries to attempt IUI one was successful due to me tracking my own ovulation and asking key questions.