LGBTQ+ Care
LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

10777 Nall Avenue
Overland Park, KS 66211

2020 - 2022, Successful
When I actually saw Dr. Lydic, which was only a handful of times, he was always friendly and informative. He was always thorough in his explanation of treatment and always gave opportunities to ask questions...In the 2 years I was treated, I saw my actual doctor a handful of times. It wasn't a bad experience, but not the most personal...Communication is always through a digital portal which adds to the feeling of distance -- like you can't talk to a real person when you have questions...
The nursing staff [Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] was always friendly and helpful in communicating through the portal when I had questions. I always saw a different nurse every visit which didn't make the experience feel personal though...Communication is always through a digital portal which adds to the feeling of distance -- like you can't talk to a real person when you have questions...
How was your experience with Michael Lydic at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Lydic at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Don't expect to see him very often.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Lydic at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
The clinic is set up for efficiency, so they will get you in, get you out, but without any warm, fuzzy bedside manner. The ever-changing rotation of nurses that would see me at visits were friendly, but I learned not to expect consistency in seeing the same faces. In the 2 years I was treated, I saw my actual doctor a handful of times. It wasn't a bad experience, but not the most personal.
Describe the protocols Michael Lydic used in your cycles at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
IVF was our only option because of male factor infertility. I went through one egg retrieval with low doses of gonal-f, centrotide, and lupron as the trigger because of risk for OHSS. My body reacted well and resulted in 27 eggs, 22 mature, and 11 successful embryos. My first FET was successful and I started taking estradiol and PIO before the transfer. I was on a dose of 2mg of estradiol 3x's/day and 1ml of PIO once a day for 10 weeks. My second FET was successful and I followed the same protocol except increasing the PIO to 2ml once a day.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
The nursing staff was always friendly and helpful in communicating through the portal when I had questions. I always saw a different nurse every visit which didn't make the experience feel personal though.
Describe your experience with Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
Pros: efficient at getting you scheduled and once you are in the system, it is a very smooth process with appointments and scheduling. Cons: you feel a little bit like a number. You don't see the same nurses every time and you'll talk to your RE maybe a 2-3 times during a cycle. Communication is always through a digital portal which adds to the feeling of distance -- like you can't talk to a real person when you have questions.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Lydic at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
A full IVF cycle is 20k.
What specific things went wrong at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
Once the system was down so I didn't get test results for longer than expected

2022, Successful
While we only saw him [Dr. Michael Lydic] a few times in person, he was always reachable via the portal or would call when necessary to go over risks of something and if there was change of plans and would explain why the change was necessary. He is not the one who does monitoring appointments, but he would review the results and send messages in the portal himself
I never had to wait very long to be seen [at Kansas University Center for ARM] for appointment times at all. Getting lab work done in the clinic was quick and easy as well. I liked that the ER, Transfer, monitoring appointments, and blood work was all in the clinic. Most communication is on the portal, so if you’re a person who likes to call or communicate over the phone, it may be harder to get ahold of them. The ER care was very warm and welcoming! They made sure that I was well taken care of and comfortable.
While we only saw him a few times in person, he was always reachable via the portal or would call when necessary to go over risks of something and if there was change of plans and would explain why the change was necessary. He is not the one who does monitoring appointments, but he would review the results and send messages in the portal himself or a nurse would based on the appointment. Primary contact is through nurses, but they were always knowledgeable about my case and got information back to me in a timely manner.
Your direct contact will be with nurses and that’s who sends messages most of the time, but Dr. Lydic is still available to answer questions if needed and will always call when setbacks or changes occur!
He made sure to call me himself whenever I was at risk of OHSS and when we had to switch from a fresh transfer to a freeze all cycle. The nursing staff was also very kind and helpful whenever I came in or asked questions on the portal. I felt like they monitored my cycle well and adjustments were made based on my specific body vs some clinics that do batch retrievals and transfers
After our consult I did a couple blood draws to test my hormones and to rule out hypothyroidism. Due to my high AMH for my retrieval I did 75 IU Gonal-F and 75 IU Menopur along with ganirelix starting around day 4/5 of stims. My menopur dosage was reduced to 37.5 IU and then before triggering I stopped taking menopur all together. This was because I had a lot of follicles, I could’ve stimmed longer, but due to my risk of OHSS Dr Lydic decided we would only be triggering with Lupron instead of a duo-trigger of HCG and Lupron. He explained the Lupron may not be as effective as doing the duo-trigger but my risk of OHSS was too high to do both. We checked my LH levels before retrieval to confirm my eggs were ready and they were! He explained ahead of time if Lupron didn’t work we would add the HCG. That wasn’t needed. Due to my OHSS risk we had to switch to a freeze all cycle. He explained this could happen at the beginning of my cycle so I was prepared for this. Due to MFI we used ICSI for fertilization. For transfer it was 4 weeks exactly after my egg retrieval. After my period came following ER, I started estrogen 3 times daily, then PIO 1ml 6 days before transfer day. I stayed on these until 10 weeks pregnant. I graduated from the clinic around 8 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Hillary)
Nursing staff was always kind and welcoming! Most communication on the portal was with nurses and they always responded in a timely manner. Never had to wait long for a response at all. They answered any questions I had in person and on the portal.
I never had to wait very long to be seen for appointment times at all. Getting lab work done in the clinic was quick and easy as well. I liked that the ER, Transfer, monitoring appointments, and blood work was all in the clinic. Most communication is on the portal, so if you’re a person who likes to call or communicate over the phone, it may be harder to get ahold of them. The ER care was very warm and welcoming! They made sure that I was well taken care of and comfortable.
Most costs were covered by insurance. Total cost before insurance coverage was around $13,000. This includes the ultrasounds and monitoring appointments, initial consultation, blood tests, retrieval and 1 FET cost. Retrieval and transfer being around 7,500 of that total.
Describe Michael Lydic's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
He prefers to only do SET. We asked about a double embryo transfer in our consult, but due to our age and other factors he would only transfer 1.

2019 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Lydic took time to carefully explain the treatment plan. I'm the kind of person who wants ALL the details, and this immediately made me comfortable choosing him as a doctor. We had many set-backs and failures, and each time I got a personal call from Dr. Lydic to express his sympathy and talk to us about next steps...He was a good guide through this difficult process. We've recently tried a new approach and I'm happy to report that we are pregnant...
The nursing staff [Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] was very competent and helpful. They were prompt in responding through the clinic messaging system, and I felt confident that they had a good process in place for managing patient care. It felt like a well-oiled machine that you could rely on...appreciated that this clinic was connected to a university research hospital...the fee structure at this clinic. It was all-inclusive and straight-forward...
Dr. Lydic is patient and willing to offer as full of explanations as you want. I wanted a LOT, and never felt like he was rushing to get through with me. When we had failures--and we had a lot--he was kind and compassionate, calling personally to give his condolences and talk to us about next steps. We were very conservative in the sense that if there was a test to try, we wanted to do it, rather than try--and potentially waste--one of our embryos. Dr. Lydic offered us options and informed us about the possible outcomes to help us make informed decisions. He was a good guide through this difficult process. We've recently tried a new approach and I'm happy to report that we are pregnant!
We adopted embryos. The treatment was estrace and progesterone to prepare the uterus for transfer and then support the embryo after transfer. After our first failed FET, we did a test to evaluate my optimal transfer window. We discovered that I'm in the small minority of women needing 6 days on progesterone before transfer. After the third failed FET, we did an EMMA/ALICE (which was, at that time, a brand new test on the market, so it didn't exist before this) to test to evaluate the biome in the uterus and see if maybe there was uterine inflammation that was preventing implantation. That test came back healthy and normal. We refused testing of the embryos themselves, but ultimately had success with a new set of embryos from a different couple.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Christina, Raquel and Whitney)
The nursing staff was very competent and helpful. They were prompt in responding through the clinic messaging system, and I felt confident that they had a good process in place for managing patient care. It felt like a well-oiled machine that you could rely on. I worked with a few other clinics were I had to hound to get routine things done--like communicate or fax test results. This was never the case with this clinic.
This clinic is "professional" in the best sense. They seem to have clear processes in place that help patients through the treatment process. From in-take through treatment, I felt like they knew what was going on with my care and I didn't need to worry that I might be "falling through the cracks." I also appreciated that this clinic was connected to a university research hospital. That seemed to make a difference for my care as my doctor offered a brand new diagnostic test that hadn't even come to market yet, but that the clinical staff had recently had education on. The impression I got is that the clinic as a whole is dedicated to keeping up with the cutting edge of research and clinic practice, which I really appreciated.
I liked the fee structure at this clinic. It was all-inclusive and straight-forward: $3,000 for all the treatment needed for a complete an FET cycle (ultrasounds, embryology work and transfer). I often had off-site monitoring and the clinic would deduct a certain amount for that work done elsewhere. (Drugs obviously not included in this.)
The doctor offered us good statistics on the comparative success of single embryo vs. multiple embryo transfer. He recommended single embryo, but was also willing to work with us if we wanted to do multiple embryo transfer.
2022, Successful
I was very well taken care of by Dr. Lydic and his staff. I was surprised that I never actually had an in-person appointment with Dr. Lydic (just tele-medicine and communication through the portal) but I always got my questions answered and the results we wanted!...he was open to building on my previous treatments and lifestyle changes. The minor adjustments he made between cycles achieved the results we’ve been hoping for!...
The nursing staff [at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] was very helpful and encouraging about the process. The nurse that did my successful IUI was so positive and made me really believe it was going to work this time - it did...The clinic is a great place to visit and receive treatment. The staff and doctors are very friendly and helpful. I appreciated receiving a quick pregnancy “tutorial” from the nursing staff before I was released from their care...
I enjoyed working with Dr. Lydic and felt that he was open to building on my previous treatments and lifestyle changes. The minor adjustments he made between cycles achieved the results we’ve been hoping for!
Make sure to write down and ask any questions you have about the plan and procedures. If you haven’t done your research, you may end up agreeing to a procedure that you don’t fully understand!
We started off testing my thyroid so we could adjust my thyroid medication and switch from a compound medication to levothyroxine. We tried several doses before we got the right level. Our cycle strategy was to take follicle-stimulating pills in my early cycle and then follow-up with ultrasounds starting on day 10. I would inject a dose of Ovidrel when my follicle was large enough for ovulation and go in for IUI in the next couple of days.
The nursing staff was very helpful and encouraging about the process. The nurse that did my successful IUI was so positive and made me really believe it was going to work this time - it did!
The IUI procedure was $600 each time, plus costs associated with lab work, ultrasounds, and prescriptions.
2020 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Lydic was very kind in helping us get to where we wanted to be...I loved that he presented us with a powerpoint presentation that helped us to understand the path he hoped to lead us down and was very receptive of our wishes as far as how we wanted to proceed while also letting us know what would be best or easiest for us. I'm sure he has hundreds of patients but he always made us and our concerns feel important...
The clinic [Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] was great - Everyone is SO nice and it was so comforting going to a clinic where it is so easy to get in touch with the staff anytime you need anything. And they are so quick to respond which makes it even nicer...anytime I had a concern, the clinic was quick to respond to my emails - whether it be the nurses or Dr. Lydic himself. He even called me after hours once just to check on us and to help us understand what was going on during our chemical pregnancy situation...
Dr. Lydic was very kind in helping us get to where we wanted to be. Due to the state of the world we only had virtual or phone visits with the doctor - but I loved that he presented us with a powerpoint presentation that helped us to understand the path he hoped to lead us down and was very receptive of our wishes as far as how we wanted to proceed while also letting us know what would be best or easiest for us. I'm sure he has hundreds of patients but he always made us and our concerns feel important. I never minded that I never got to meet him face to face because I knew he was always one email away if I needed him.
As a female, I was hesitant to go with a male doctor as I think many women are - but he was great. We chose him because we could get in with him the quickest and I'm so glad we did.
I loved that anytime I had a concern, the clinic was quick to respond to my emails - whether it be the nurses or Dr. Lydic himself. He even called me after hours once just to check on us and to help us understand what was going on during our chemical pregnancy situation.
We did ovulation induction for 8 months with just Ovidrel trigger shots to try to conceive and eventually introducing clomid the last two months to produce more eggs. My first month doing this process we had a chemical pregnancy and Dr. Lydic said we could opt to do IVF if we wanted to speed up the process of hopeful pregnancy, but I opted to continue with ovulation induction instead.
Everyone was so responsive and kind. I enjoyed my time with KUREI. The only issue I ever had was when I would have a positive pregnancy test, they were quick to congratulate and be excited for you but as a patient at a fertility clinic, I always expect the worst and am slow to be get my hopes up about positives without seeing consistent moves in a positive direction so it made it hard to keep my cool with them being so excited from the start. BUT I also understand why they are encouraging so it's not a fault of theirs - just a different perspective.
The clinic was great - Everyone is SO nice and it was so comforting going to a clinic where it is so easy to get in touch with the staff anytime you need anything. And they are so quick to respond which makes it even nicer.
A larger majority than expected was covered by insurance, but I met my deductible of 2k the one full year I was with them.
2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Lydic is great at explaining tests and procedures to patients during appointments. I left each consult with all of my questions answered...However, it’s very easy to feel like a number after several months of trying IUI/TIC without success and no explanation for why things didn’t work. When it came time for us to do IVF, Dr. Lydic was amazing at communicating with me and reaching out when there was a change to my plan of care. My experience with IVF was amazing...
[Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] strengths are timely responses to questions and very kind staff. The doctors are knowledgeable. My clinics weakness is making patients feel like a number at times. Care does not always feel personalized...The nursing staff is very quick to answer questions I send to them...it’s very easy to feel like a number after several months of trying IUI/TIC without success and no explanation for why things didn’t work. When it came time for us to do IVF, Dr. Lydic was amazing at communicating with me and reaching out when there was a change to my plan of care. My experience with IVF was amazing...
Dr. Lydic is great at explaining tests and procedures to patients during appointments. I left each consult with all of my questions answered. When a different on-call doctor cancelled my fresh embryo transfer without an explanation, Dr. Lydic called me on a Sunday evening (without my request) to discuss the change and answer my questions. It made me feel 100x better and I was so grateful to have a doctor who cared about my feelings. My biggest complaint would be that I never met him in person until my FET. This is partly due to Covid, but when going through such an intense procedure it feels odd to not know your doctor.
Speak up about things that are important to you because Dr. Lydic is very willing to listen to his patients wishes. Advocate for yourself every step of the way.
I felt like Dr. Lydic made wonderful decisions to help me conceive and truly cared about me as a patient. However, it’s very easy to feel like a number after several months of trying IUI/TIC without success and no explanation for why things didn’t work. When it came time for us to do IVF, Dr. Lydic was amazing at communicating with me and reaching out when there was a change to my plan of care. My experience with IVF was amazing.
My first cycle we did low-dose letrozol. I have a high AMH of 10.96, so low- dose made sense. I only produced 1 follicle and the IUI was unsuccessful. My next cycle he tripled my dose to the max dose and I responded perfectly, although it was unsuccessful. For my third IUI we used the same protocol but it didn’t work. After that cycle I still wasn’t ready to try IVF so I opted to do TIC while we considered our options. For my 2-3 TIC cycles, we added clomid to my protocol to get my follicles. Nothing worked, so we moved on to IVF. My IVF protocol was pretty typical for a PCOS patient and it worked well for me.
The nursing staff is very quick to answer questions I send to them.
My clinics strengths are timely responses to questions and very kind staff. The doctors are knowledgeable. My clinics weakness is making patients feel like a number at times. Care does not always feel personalized.
Dr. Lydic did not give the option for multiple embryo transfer.

2021, Successful
Dr. Lydic called and left a voicemail about a week prior to our first appointment to welcome us to their clinic and let us know they were excited to meet us and help us grow our family. That was such a nice touch!...very clear and explained things very well during our initial virtual consultation...did not hesitate to jump into easy interventions and didn’t make us wait any longer to start our journey to the rainbow baby I’m currently carrying.
The clinic [Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] is easy to access right off a major highway. They do book out pretty far, so just be aware. They will have the first consult via video just to talk history and a plan of attack. I didn’t even visit the clinic until after we finished our first cycle of meds and were being seen for a sonogram scan to measure follicles. The only time I actually saw or spoke to the Dr was at the initial consult. Every other contact was a nurse or sonographer.
Dr. Lydic was very clear and explained things very well during our initial virtual consultation. He was patient and answered all our questions being a newbie to the fertility treatment world. He did not hesitate to jump into easy interventions and didn’t make us wait any longer to start our journey to the rainbow baby I’m currently carrying.
Track your cycles and come educated about your body and what you’ve tried so you and your doctor can pick the best/most effective course of action. Also highly recommend fertility acupuncture (I’ve been doing that since 6 mo after a miscarriage…about 3 mo before seeing Dr. Lydic for help).
We tried one month of letrozole with monitoring sonogram to measure/count follicles and ovidrel trigger shot when follicles were mature for fertilization. We were successful on our first round. I’m currently 15 weeks pregnant with our first child, a rainbow baby.
The nurses were very understanding and compassionate about my history of miscarriage and did everything they could to keep me informed about what they saw and what was happening. Not being left in the dark eased my anxieties so much!
The clinic is easy to access right off a major highway. They do book out pretty far, so just be aware. They will have the first consult via video just to talk history and a plan of attack. I didn’t even visit the clinic until after we finished our first cycle of meds and were being seen for a sonogram scan to measure follicles. The only time I actually saw or spoke to the Dr was at the initial consult. Every other contact was a nurse or sonographer.
My insurance provided no coverage for fertility treatment. The initial consult was close to $300 out of pocket. The letrozole was cheap (maybe $15) and the trigger shot was $100. So our round of fertility treatment cost us around $415.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Lydic was warm, thorough and direct. He always took the time to answer our questions and treated us with dignity. I never felt rushed by him and felt like he cared. Whenever there was a setback, he always took the time to look at it from all angles and decide on a new course of action...Dr. Lydic prefers to only transfer one (eset)...We did five timed intercourse cycles with Letrozole / Clomid, one of which ended in miscarriage. When he thought it was time, he kindly but firmly told us when it was time to move onto IUI and IVF. Since our diagnosis was male factor only, I did a small course of Follistim / Menopur before our retrieval.
The nursing staff [at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] is incredible. They're always reachable through the portal, remember you and care about your case and are direct with expectations. I worked with several nurses through our time, but each one of them had high standards and a lot of empathy...I had to deal with a lot of insurance problems on my own with little help from the clinic. They sent out a sheet of costs before insurance and I was basically on my own when issues came up outside of prior authorization.
Don't be afraid to ask questions, because he's not going to rush you and will answer your questions fully. (Often while drawing diagrams.) He's going to be invested in your journey and truly cares when there's a setback.
Dr. Lydic took the time to personally make calls when a transfer failed or we needed to change our protocol. Whenever I was there, I felt like a person not just a number.
We did five timed intercourse cycles with Letrozole / Clomid, one of which ended in miscarriage. When he thought it was time, he kindly but firmly told us when it was time to move onto IUI and IVF. Since our diagnosis was male factor only, I did a small course of Follistim / Menopur before our retrieval. (I didn't need up needing the full course before the eggs were mature.)
The nursing staff is incredible. They're always reachable through the portal, remember you and care about your case and are direct with expectations. I worked with several nurses through our time, but each one of them had high standards and a lot of empathy.
This clinic's strengths are communication, empathy, and process. The one weakness was that I had to deal with a lot of insurance problems on my own with little help from the clinic. They sent out a sheet of costs before insurance and I was basically on my own when issues came up outside of prior authorization.
IUI without insurance costs $600. I had insurance coverage for IVF and paid $3,800 out of pocket for stimulation medication.
We didn't have a preference, but Dr. Lydic prefers to only transfer one. That was in-line with our expectations.
Once I got pregnant through IVF, nobody could consistently tell me when to stop meds and when my due date was; I kept getting conflicting dates. I also have a serious allergy to a common medication and had to constantly remind them.
2019 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Lydic made sure to always provide time to answer any questions I had. If I left questions for the nurses in the portal, on occasion he would respond with the answers. He was always very thorough when meeting in person with explaining processes and next steps. Most of all, he would call after certain procedures to make sure I was doing alright and if I needed any follow-ups from him...he did a good job of making sure my husband knew what was happening and was included in the conversations about care...
[at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] There were a set of nurses assigned to IVF patients, but we had multiple throughout our time at the clinic. They were all great and we enjoyed working with each. The communicated mainly through the patient portal but would always make themselves available if you wanted to talk on the phone. Our plans and documents for treatment were always provided to us in a timely fashion and our messages within the portal were always answered quickly as well. The nurses made sure to celebrate us during the good and were compassionate and gentle with us during the bad...
I always felt like Dr. Lydic made sure to take time for me as a patient - even if he had other procedures or appointments that day. I also felt like he did a good job of making sure my husband knew what was happening and was included in the conversations about care. He answered questions as needed, used visuals to help explain, and called on nights/weekends as a follow-up.
Ask any and all questions you have. He does not get annoyed or ever talk down to you when answering.
Dr. Lydic performed two IUI's on us before moving to IVF. This was over a period of 5 months. I lost one of my tubes due to an ectopic pregnancy before seeing Dr. Lydic so he monitored that I was ovulating on the side I had a tube to increase our chances. If I was going to ovulate on the opposite side, he would cancel our IUI and have us try naturally that month. This was because our chances were very slim and he did not want to waste money/benefits. We moved to IVF and had two egg retrievals with Dr. Lydic. After the first retrieval, we went through two transfers. One resulted in a chemical pregnancy and one resulted in a miscarriage. After one of these transfers, my progesterone was low. Dr. Lydic increased the amount I was to inject each night. This new amount was carried throughout the rest of my treatments. Each time my progesterone was checked after the increase, it was always in a good range. We decided to do another egg retrieval after our second loss. This was because we only had one remaining embryo and were using fertility benefits to pay for our treatments. Dr. Lydic supported this decision and agreed that retrieving more eggs and trying for more embryos was a good decision. I believe our protocol for the second retrieval was the same as the first. After this retrieval, we had two more transfers. One resulted in another miscarriage and we chose to do a D&C procedure as we were further along. The second transfer did result in a successful pregnancy.
Some people do not like the portal communication approach so I would be sure new patients understood that's their communication strategy. It worked for us and I do not consider it a weakness. The staff all around is their greatest strength. Everyone - front desk staff, the lab techs, the ultrasound techs, the nurses, and the doctors - were all great to us and extremely helpful. Scheduling treatment can sometimes be further out then you would like it to be, but that is out of most people's control, especially when getting treatment during Covid.
My company provides fertility benefits through Progyny. I was able to utilize these and paid somewhere between $5000 and $7000 for all treatments.
Dr. Lydic would only do a single embryo transfer because we did not present with a need to do multiple and the risks were greater if doing multiple. He did explain the risks to use so we understood his why.

2021 - 2022, Successful
I would have liked to have seen Dr.Lydic more in person but he did perform my D&C and one of my biopsies. He always explained things very thoroughly and always answered all my questions. He also was very open about any ideas I had and what was the best course of treatment for me...I started treatment doing timed intercourse with letrozole and ovidrel trigger shots. That resulted in two chemical pregnancies and one blighted ovum that I need to have a D&C for. I then decided to try IUI and on my second round of IUI I am currently pregnant...
All the nurses [at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] responded very quickly to any questions I had via the portal. When I went in for ultrasounds or check up they were all very compassionate and were willing to answer any questions I had...Clinic does get busy but they do get you in quickly for appointments. I lived two hours away from the clinic and they were willing to give me appointment times that worked for me...
Do not be afraid to ask questions
He would call me after my miscarriages to check up on me and was always very kind and explained everything to me.
I have PCOS so I do not ovulate every month and have irregular periods. I started treatment doing timed intercourse with letrozole and ovidrel trigger shots. That resulted in two chemical pregnancies and one blighted ovum that I need to have a D&C for. I then decided to try IUI and on my second round of IUI I am currently pregnant.
All the nurses responded very quickly to any questions I had via the portal. When I went in for ultrasounds or check up they were all very compassionate and were willing to answer any questions I had.
Clinic does get busy but they do get you in quickly for appointments. I lived two hours away from the clinic and they were willing to give me appointment times that worked for me. Only weakness is I didn’t see Dr. Lydic that often but all the nurses and ultrasound staff were very kind
Insurance covered the ultrasounds, medication, and D&C procedure. I did have to pay out of pocket for the IUI which was $600 and for the sperm preservation which was $300 for a year to be held.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr Lydic really listened to my concerns and was willing to work with my busy resident physician schedule. He tailored treatment to fit my personal / work needs...He was also very responsive to my concerns via the patient portal messaging system...When one ovulation induction medication did not work as expected, he quickly shifted to higher doses and ultimately two medications used together. These methods allowed me to keep pace with a busy work schedule and recognized both time and financial constraints...
They [nurses at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] were very responsive to patient portal messages. They were also very quick to send me ultrasound results and very clearly outlined next steps...Strengths: organization, promptness, pleasant attitudes, clean Weakness: I would have liked more communication via telephone rather than all patient portal...I received all results very promptly. I always had clear understanding of next steps and instructions. All of the staff were very helpful and friendly....
Dr Lydic is very knowledgeable and listened to all of my concerns. He also recognized time constraints due to my demanding career and helped develop a plan that worked for me. He was also very responsive to my concerns via the patient portal messaging system.
Manage expectations that a lot of communication will be quicker and streamlined if you use the patient portal
We used ovulation induction oral therapy, ovulation trigger injections, and timed intercourse. When one ovulation induction medication did not work as expected, he quickly shifted to higher doses and ultimately two medications used together. These methods allowed me to keep pace with a busy work schedule and recognized both time and financial constraints.
They were very responsive to patient portal messages. They were also very quick to send me ultrasound results and very clearly outlined next steps.
Strengths: organization, promptness, pleasant attitudes, clean Weakness: I would have liked more communication via telephone rather than all patient portal Overall I was very pleased with the clinic and the organization. I received all results very promptly. I always had clear understanding of next steps and instructions. All of the staff were very helpful and friendly.

2021 - 2022, Successful
I received follow-up calls [from Dr. Lydic] after all treatments. He explained the ways he was mitigating risks for me specifically throughout the process. He was a great communicator, made the process easy-to-understand, and was very kind....He was very clear he would only transfer one embryo...He recommended a frozen transfer cycle as a result. He put a lot of thought into the need to use ICSI or not.
They [nurses at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] were very kind and responsive to questions on the portal...The staff was great. I had a clear understanding of the process the whole time. I never encountered anyone off-putting working in the clinic. They were organized and put-together...He [Dr. Lydic] recommended a frozen transfer cycle as a result. He put a lot of thought into the need to use ICSI or not.
I received follow-up calls after all treatments. He explained the ways he was mitigating risks for me specifically throughout the process. He was a great communicator, made the process easy-to-understand, and was very kind.
Just go for it. I had a great experience.
He and his team were responsive to my concerns and very compassionate. There was a very lovely nurse who held my hand as I drifted off during the egg retrieval, and it was a great comfort.
I had PCOS, so he was very conscious of mitigating risk for hyperstimulation. He recommended a frozen transfer cycle as a result. He put a lot of thought into the need to use ICSI or not.
They were very kind and responsive to questions on the portal.
It was as good an experience as infertility treatment could be. The staff was great. I had a clear understanding of the process the whole time. I never encountered anyone off-putting working in the clinic. They were organized and put-together. I don't really have anything negative to say.
A lot of our treatments and meds were covered by insurance. I believe just treatment was estimated at $11k with meds being estimated at $3-8k.
No real comment. He was very clear he would only transfer one embryo. We had uncertain PGT results on 1/6 embryos, so he said he would use that embryo last.
2021, Successful
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
You will only get to see Dr. Lydic twice during your entire treatment. One at the initial consultation and one at the embryo transfer procedure...He performed the frozen embryo transfer procedure with care and he gave very clear instructions. It was a very smooth and successful procedure. He took the time to answer all questions I had. He is compassionate....
The nurse team [at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] responds to your messages pretty quickly. But don’t expect to hear from only 1 nurse. There could be up to 5 different nurses following up with your treatment and things could get complicated... I didn’t get any instructions before my ERA test. I was not prepared for the test and the process took way longer than it needed to be...
Dr. Lydic asked detailed questions during the consultation with care and patience. He explained the next steps with details.
I did frozen embryo transfer. I took estradiol and Endometrin for 10 weeks. The medications worked great.
I have had 4-5 different nurses communicating with me throughout my treatment. There were some misunderstanding in the process. Also, I didn’t get any instructions before my ERA test. I was not prepared for the test and the process took way longer than it needed to be.
The nurse team responds to your messages pretty quickly. But don’t expect to hear from only 1 nurse. There could be up to 5 different nurses following up with your treatment and things could get complicated.
The costs were reasonable and affordable.

2019 - 2021, Successful
[Dr. Michael Lydic] is balanced and realistic, not too optimistic and yet not pessimestic...presents to you data objectively without bias...we felt he personalized our treatment...appreciated his honesty. He is good comminicator and goes over all the details and discusses with you the pros and cons if each step/or choice you make...kind and understanding. Overall we like him alot
The clinic [Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] is organized, clean , and cozy...doesnt get crazy even if they are very busy...sits is a good spot of the city with outside parking steps away...all communication is through the eIVF portal, can be accessed through web browser or app on the phone. The app is terrible. definitely has to go. However team responds almost immediately.
He is balanced and realistic, not too optimistic and yet not pessimestic. He presents to you data objectively without bias. We appreciated his honesty. He is good comminicator and goes over all the details and discusses with you the pros and cons if each step/or choice you make. His communications are clear. He is kind and understanding. Overall we like him alot
Be patient and follow what he tells you, read and go back to him to ask, and he will be happy to discuss and explain further to you.
Dr. Lydic tried his best to balance between treating us as humans who think their case is unique, while presenting to us objectively the scientific relevant information and numbers coming from published data that make any couple feel not very unique and their case is just another case under the curve of probability distribution. We liked that approach. If you mean treating us as a number among the other many patients he sees everyday, we did not have this feeling and we felt he personalized our treatment.
I cant rememebr specifics. We agreed on going through making and freezing embryos first and later start the transfer
I love them ! they are great and made the long journey of IVF pleasant. Very thankful to the great nursing team
The clinic is organized, clean , and cozy. The clinic is well organized and doesnt get crazy even if they are very busy. It sits is a good spot of the city with outside parking steps away from the clinic , not a parking garage .. which is great . Weaknesses: all communication is through the eIVF portal, can be accessed through web browser or app on the phone. The app is terrible. definitely has to go. However team responds almost immediately.
Our IVF was covered for the most part under insurance
Dr. Lydic insisted that he doesnt do multiple since I am high risk already and mutlipes transfer puts me even at a higher risk. He chose our best embryo quality for the first transfer.
2019 - 2022, Successful
He [Dr. Lydic] took the time to check on me, call me, explain things, and make me feel heard. My first appt was so long because I kept asking questions. He wasn't frustrated, mad, and didn't mind going over everything. He was patient and thorough...On my first appt and all after, he would take the time to go over and explain any and all questions we had. He would even call my cell phone personally to check on how I was doing and to congratulate my pregnancy. I was anything but a number....
The clinic [Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] was great. They were awesome about communicating costs ahead of time, expectations, how treatment courses went, and were always friendly upon arrival. I don't actually have any complaints. My appointments were always timely and I barely ever had to wait...My results were always quickly relayed after my ultrasounds and blood work. The plan was clearly described and always followed with, "does that make sense? Do you have any questions?"...
I would highly recommend him. He took the time to check on me, call me, explain things, and make me feel heard. My first appt was so long because I kept asking questions. He wasn't frustrated, mad, and didn't mind going over everything. He was patient and thorough.
Go with him!
Yikes, sorry I do not. It was 2 years ago.
She was great at communicating. My results were always quickly relayed after my ultrasounds and blood work. The plan was clearly described and always followed with, "does that make sense? Do you have any questions?"
The clinic was great. They were awesome about communicating costs ahead of time, expectations, how treatment courses went, and were always friendly upon arrival. I don't actually have any complaints. My appointments were always timely and I barely ever had to wait.
Hmm I honestly don't remember.
We discussed that transferring multiple embryos may decrease the chance of getting pregnant so we just stuck with one.
1 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
He [Dr. Michael Lydic] really truly cares. When I had anaphlaxis shock from progesterone, he messaged me after hours while out of the office to get me on a new plan. He worked with coworkers to make this happen. He would call during and after hours to make sure all my concerns were addressed. Cared about my wants and feelings...He genuinely cares about success...He's not quick to jump the gun with an aggressive treatment.
KU for the most part cares about the family as a whole...He [Dr. Michael Lydic] really truly cares. When I had anaphlaxis shock from progesterone, he messaged me after hours while out of the office to get me on a new plan. He worked with coworkers to make this happen. He would call during and after hours to make sure all my concerns were addressed. Cared about my wants and feelings.
He really truly cares. When I had anaphlaxis shock from progesterone, he messaged me after hours while out of the office to get me on a new plan. He worked with coworkers to make this happen. He would call during and after hours to make sure all my concerns were addressed. Cared about my wants and feelings.
He does know what he's talking about medically, especially when other doctors have stated concerns with lining. He's not quick to jump the gun with an aggressive treatment.
He would actually call me to discuss treatment and comforted me. He genuinely cares about success.
He put me on 1ml PIO and 1 estrogen pill. When I had anaphlaxis he prescribed me pio vaginally 3xdaily
They were efficient and genuinely cared
The only Dr I would not let treat me is Dr.Marsh. she has a total lack of compassion and bed side manner, which is why we left KU the 1st time. Heard reviews of Lydic and decided to give it a try. KU for the most part cares about the family as a whole.
Literally half the price to transfer that other clinics but more than double for retrieval and testing and meds.
We only wanted to put in one so we didn't graph discuss anything else

2020 - 2023, Successful
He [Dr. Michael Lydic] had the best bed side manner of any doctor I’ve ever experienced. He truly cares and takes time to fully explain everything. He allows time for questions to be asked and doesn’t rush. He called me over the weekend multiple times to give us results and check on us...best doctor I’ve ever experienced. He gave me the greatest gift- my son! You can tell he cares and truly loves what he does. He communicates very well and gives space for you to absorb information and ask questions.
[Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine is] Very organized and efficient. Great staff and great environment. Overall positive energy. The only negative is they have a lot of patients and are very busy. They handle their busyness very well. I’m so happy and grateful for this clinic and their staff...The best doctor [Dr. Lydic] I’ve ever experienced. He gave me the greatest gift- my son! You can tell he cares and truly loves what he does. He communicates very well and gives space for you to absorb information and ask questions.
The best doctor I’ve ever experienced. He gave me the greatest gift- my son! You can tell he cares and truly loves what he does. He communicates very well and gives space for you to absorb information and ask questions.
You should pick him!
He had the best bed side manner of any doctor I’ve ever experienced. He truly cares and takes time to fully explain everything. He allows time for questions to be asked and doesn’t rush. He called me over the weekend multiple times to give us results and check on us.
All very kind and positive