LGBTQ+ Care
LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

Selling medication is not offered

Newport Beach, CA 92660
500 Broadway
Santa Monica, CA 90401

2022 - 2023, Successful
Dr Kathiresan is a very gentle person.Our experience with her was outstanding.The feeling that I got after my first meeting with her was of positivity and I somehow felt that we were in the company of the right person to go through with our IVF journey. Deep down I felt that this was going to result in what we intended to start. The doctor would listen to us patiently and answer all our questions with positive intent .She would explain the risk and reward for every process that she followed. Overall great experience !!!
Overall we had a good experience with kindbody. The communication was smooth and there was always someone to help us if we had any questions. Scheduling was no hassle and all and the updates on the portal was prompt...Dr Kathiresan was a blessing for us.She was extremely kind and patient with us all through the journey and answered all your questions.We felt at east with her and would always look forward to meet her during our appointments
How was your experience with Anupama Kathiresan at Kindbody - Los Angeles?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Anupama Kathiresan at Kindbody - Los Angeles?
Listen to what she says and follow it diligently
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Anupama Kathiresan at Kindbody - Los Angeles?
Describe your experience with Kindbody - Los Angeles.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anupama Kathiresan at Kindbody - Los Angeles.
we paid 13000 for the inf process excluding ivf transfer

2023 - 2024, 6 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Armstrong really takes time to talk to you and has amazing bed side manner. I felt like I was in such good hands with Dr. A...one of the best doctors I've ever worked with. This whole process is scary and she keeps an eye out and adjusts your plan as needed the entire way through. Her bed side manner is amazing and she makes you feel so safe. She communicates thoroughly and you'll always understand next steps.
Make sure to meet with a [Kindbody - Los Angeles] nurse after each appointment and ask what will hurt, what to expect. The clinic could approve on making sure you see the nurse after ultrasound and blood sound rather than it being optional for first time fertility patients...Dr. Armstrong is one of the best doctors I've ever worked with. This whole process is scary and she keeps an eye out and adjusts your plan as needed the entire way through. Her bed side manner is amazing and she makes you feel so safe. She communicates thoroughly and you'll always understand next steps.
How was your experience with Abigail Armstrong at Kindbody - Los Angeles?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Abigail Armstrong at Kindbody - Los Angeles?
None, you're in good hands! Dr. A will be your advice giver.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Abigail Armstrong at Kindbody - Los Angeles?
Describe your experience with Kindbody - Los Angeles.
Make sure to meet with a nurse after each appointment and ask what will hurt, what to expect. The clinic could approve on making sure you see the nurse after ultrasound and blood sound rather than it being optional for first time fertility patients.
Abigail Armstrong

2022 - 2024, Successful
Dr Brower is a massive blessing and a master at what she does....consistently made me feel understood, my concerns were always treated with importance and respect....was incredibly caring and knew exactly what to say and how to say it, through every stage of my journey...could trust her revised plan
Kindbody is the most calm and welcoming space. The staff is patient and warm upon entry to departure. There’s a nurse or two I’d avoid, but 90% are 10/10. My husband felt equally as comfortable and I welcomed every visit...Egg retrieval, PGT testing, FET.
How was your experience with Meredith Brower at Kindbody - Los Angeles?
Dr Brower is a massive blessing and a master at what she does. She consistently made me feel understood, my concerns were always treated with importance and respect. She was incredibly caring and knew exactly what to say and how to say it, through every stage of my journey. When there were setbacks, I always believed I could trust her revised plan. I am now almost 10 weeks pregnant with a PGT tested, healthy baby. We had only one embryo, and are so grateful to be at this stage. We wouldn’t be here without Dr Brower
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Meredith Brower at Kindbody - Los Angeles?
Trust her. Be vocal with any and all concerns.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Meredith Brower at Kindbody - Los Angeles?
She was so present, kind, but treated me like an intelligent human.
Describe the protocols Meredith Brower used in your cycles at Kindbody - Los Angeles and their degree of success.
Egg retrieval, PGT testing, FET.
Meredith Brower

2023, Successful
She listens carefully. She took so much time to answer our questions and discuss everything with us.Dr Brower has a very warm bedside manner. She is thorough, extremely smart, empathetic, kind, and careful. She always put me at ease and patiently answered my many questions every step of the process...
Kindbody runs an efficient operation. They always had appointments available at the times I requested. The front desk team was awesome. They opened the clinic on a Sunday for my retrieval (I was the only procedure that day). The facilities are new, high tech, comfortable, beautiful. The ultrasound techs were very nice.
How was your experience with Meredith Brower at Kindbody - Los Angeles?
You can feel confident you’re working with a warm, extremely kind, experienced, highly skilled doctor
Dr Brower is so warm. She listens carefully. She took so much time to answer our questions and discuss everything with us. She has such a lovely, kind, compassionate demeanor
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kindbody - Los Angeles.
I had a couple different nurses, I didn’t always know their schedules and they didn’t always respond as quickly as I would have liked
Meredith Brower

2023 - 2024, 17 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Armstrong always provided me with the best care and information when I would visit or message her. I never felt scared to ask questions as it was also a learning process for me and my body. She definitely made the egg freezing process less nerve racking for me and made me feel confident about my decision overall. I would have never thought of wanting or needing to do this process if I never initially met with her!
Kindbody's strengths was definitely their communication, detailed information given, compassion towards their patients, careful care, and attentive appointments. I honestly don't really have any weaknesses to say for them, my experience was wonderful...The entire care team and nursing staff was wonderful. They were always a joy to speak with on my visits and always made sure I felt comfortable. Everything was always very efficient and quick as well which I appreciated
How was your experience with Abigail Armstrong at Kindbody - Los Angeles?
Ask as many questions as you want because it can be a lot of medical information to take, so asking away will only benefit you throughout the process and most importantly just trust the process! It can be a lot at once so taking everything one step at a time and know that it is most definitely worth it in the end. Each and every employee truly cares for you and your well being, it almost felt like my second home during the process! (in a good way)
Dr. Armstrong was always so personable and attentive when we met and answered any questions I had very thoroughly. I always felt a great level of comfort with her!
Describe the protocols Abigail Armstrong used in your cycles at Kindbody - Los Angeles and their degree of success.
It was very helpful to receive messages everyday in the Kindbody portal with video instructions for each dosage/medication and detailed instructions for each day. I also was required to take a blood thinners throughout the process and Dr. Armstrong would check in with me to make sure I wasn't having any reactions. They cared for me very closely which I greatly appreciated!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kindbody - Los Angeles. (Assigned nurse: Amy Roberts)
Describe your experience with Kindbody - Los Angeles.
Kindbody's strengths was definitely their communication, detailed information given, compassion towards their patients, careful care, and attentive appointments. I honestly don't really have any weaknesses to say for them, my experience was wonderful!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Abigail Armstrong at Kindbody - Los Angeles.
My treatment cost was very low due to my company's partnership with Kindbody!
Abigail Armstrong

2023, Successful
Dr. Mehr is an empathetic physician who takes the time to clearly explain everything in detail. Any questions I had were promptly answered, she was willing to listen and adjust treatment to my needs. I had quite a bit of anxiety because of prior chemical pregnancies. She allowed me to come into more scans to ease my anxiety and answered any questions I had in regards to treatment...did an excellent job of thoroughly explaining any questions I had and did so in a manner that was easily digestible and realistic.
For the most part, I would recommend Kindbody to any of my friends, family, or acquaintances. Their system is efficient and I had no issues trying to get ahold of scheduling, nurses, and my doctor. My biggest issue was with some faulty lab work...Everything else about Kindbody was great, the scheduling was super easy, and the nursing team, the ultrasound technicians, and the Doctors were all great. Not to mention the office is beautiful and chic. There were many times when I was in the waiting room when random people came into the clinic thinking it was a spa because the interiors were so beautiful.
How was your experience with Holly Mehr at Kindbody - Los Angeles?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Holly Mehr at Kindbody - Los Angeles?
Don't be afraid to ask questions. Dr. Mehr is generous with her time and will clearly explain everything to you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Holly Mehr at Kindbody - Los Angeles?
Dr. Mehr did an excellent job of thoroughly explaining any questions I had and did so in a manner that was easily digestible and realistic.
Describe the protocols Holly Mehr used in your cycles at Kindbody - Los Angeles and their degree of success.
2 Egg Retrievals, Modified Natural Transfer
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kindbody - Los Angeles. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
Overall Michelle was nice and did her job sufficiently. She had a bad attitude when I was trying to get ahold of her to determine when to take my medications ( a time-sensitive issue) and scolded me saying she doesn't work every day of the week. However in my experience with using the portal to get ahold of her, if she was out of office a different nurse would respond in her thread. She was offended when three days later I was trying to get ahold of a different nurse because she didn't respond. I have nothing but amazing things to say about all the other nurses in the office! They were extraordinarily kind and made each in-office visit a pleasure.
Describe your experience with Kindbody - Los Angeles.
For the most part, I would recommend Kindbody to any of my friends, family, or acquaintances. Their system is efficient and I had no issues trying to get ahold of scheduling, nurses, and my doctor. My biggest issue was with some faulty lab work. For some reason, my labwork showed a faulty blood clotting issue (antiphospholipid), after repeat blood tests and being sent down a rabbit hole to a hematologist it was found that I didn't have any blood clotting disorders and that it was faulty labwork. Dr. Mehr was great and raised this issue with the appropriate factions at Kindbody to make sure this doesn't happen with another patient. (Apparently, I wasn't the only patient who had their Antiphosolipid panel flagged incorrectly) In all, this put my transfer schedule 2 months behind. Luckily I have great insurance because the extensive blood work panel I had to do because of the lab error was in the thousands and had to be done with a specialist. Everything else about Kindbody was great, the scheduling was super easy, and the nursing team, the ultrasound technicians, and the Doctors were all great. Not to mention the office is beautiful and chic. There were many times when I was in the waiting room when random people came into the clinic thinking it was a spa because the interiors were so beautiful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Holly Mehr at Kindbody - Los Angeles.
Covered by insurance
What specific things went wrong at Kindbody - Los Angeles?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kindbody - Los Angeles.
I had one appointment that somehow disappeared, However, when I noticed and called, Kindbody was great and scheduled me for my original appointment time.

2023, 33 Eggs Frozen
Kindbody is a dream fertility clinic. They have their process down pat. You meet with the doctor virtually. They have a Head nurse on staff at all times you can drop in during cycle visits. During cycle visits, you go every other day for treatment. They are 15 minutes and include a scan and bloodwork. Everyone knows their job and does it well...The nurses at Kindbody Santa Monica were great! Communicative, timely, friendly, and efficent.
How was your experience with Anupama Kathiresan at Kindbody - Los Angeles?
Doctor Kathiresan met with me via Zoom to walk me through egg retrieval. I know she was probably tired that day or has done this speech a lot so her energy level was low but to be expected. I did not meet her at the clinic during my visits but we communicated on the portal often during my treatment. She always provided prompt updates after every cycle visit which I appreciated. And always walked me through changes. For example, I did 13 days of stimulation drugs versus the standard 8-10 and needed to reorder medication multiple times.
She's a portal queen! Message her on the portal and she'll get back to you quickly. Never sit in doubt. Always send a message.
Doctor Kathiresan always wrote to me in a timely manner because she knew communication was key in the egg retrieval process and our relationship.
Describe the protocols Anupama Kathiresan used in your cycles at Kindbody - Los Angeles and their degree of success.
I did 13 days of stimulation drugs versus the standard 8-10 days which meant I had to reorder my stimulation drugs twice during the procedure. In those 13 days, my dosage changed multiple times for each medication. Dr. Kathiresan walked me through all these changes. I also had worried about having PCOS since I had an Ovarian cyst in high school that burst and during one of my cycle visits they thought they observed a cyst and thought ultimately it was a dominant follicle but during the egg retriveal procedure the doctor said it was in fact a cyst. Dr. Kathiresan walked me through a typical PCOS diagnosis has three parts and I really only showed 2 of the 3 signs because I had normal periods. It was helpful to understand for my fertility health.
Describe your experience with Kindbody - Los Angeles.
My company covered my egg retrieval process which I think was 20,000. I paid out of pocket for things not covered by my company 1,500.
Describe Anupama Kathiresan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kindbody - Los Angeles.

2022 - 2023, Successful
She [Dr. Kathiresan] was very patient with the fact that I was uncomfortable with needles and took extra time to explain the injections to my husband. Dr. Kathiresan was always available to connect in person in the clinic, on virtual calls or via the Kindbody app...She never rushed any of our appointments or minimized my concerns...spent a lot of extra time explaining the IVF Journey and all of the procedures that I would go through from Retrieval to FET...
The in-clinic nurses [at Kindbody Los Angeles] were fantastic. Sabah and Melissa did a majority of my blood draw appts and were extra patient with my Trypanophobia (fear of needles)...I would have preferred having a consistent go-to for medications and communication in the portal...The Century City location is in the mall so I didn’t like the crowded parking garage at certain times of day but the clinic itself is wonderful...
How was your experience with Anupama Kathiresan at Kindbody - Los Angeles?
Dr. Kathiresan spent a lot of extra time explaining the IVF Journey and all of the procedures that I would go through from Retrieval to FET. She was very patient with the fact that I was uncomfortable with needles and took extra time to explain the injections to my husband. Dr. Kathiresan was always available to connect in person in the clinic, on virtual calls or via the Kindbody app.
Bring a list of questions on your phone or written down. You'll feel frazzled when you get into the clinic so it's helpful to have questions to run through.
Dr. Kathiresan was extremely patient, communicative and willing to spend extra time answering all my questions in person or via the Kindbody App. She never rushed any of our appointments or minimized my concerns.
Due to my age (41) and the fact that we only had 1 healthy embryo viable for FET, Dr. Kathiresan advised a daily Lovenox shot until 6 weeks of pregnancy and Progesterone in Oil every other day until 10 weeks of pregnancy. She also advised Estradiol (oral am/vaginal pm) and Endometrin (vaginal - 3x) daily until 10 weeks of pregnancy. The Progesterone in Oil was incredibly painful for the first few weeks but it really helped to warm the shot under an armpit or in a warm hand prior to injection. Firmly massaging the injection spot was also very effective in spreading out the medication. This course of treatment resulted in a confirmed pregnancy, now over 12 weeks.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kindbody - Los Angeles.
The in-clinic nurses were fantastic. Sabah and Melissa did a majority of my blood draw appts and were extra patient with my Trypanophobia (fear of needles). The care coordinators were also very good but I would have preferred having a consistent go-to for medications and communication in the portal.
Describe your experience with Kindbody - Los Angeles.
Kindbody is a fantastic clinic. From the moment you walk in the door, it is very welcoming and doesn’t feel like a traditional doctors’ office. The waiting room feels more like a lounge and they provide water, juice, tea and snacks for patients. I went to appointments in both Santa Monica and Century City. The Century City location is in the mall so I didn’t like the crowded parking garage at certain times of day but the clinic itself is wonderful. The new Santa Monica location was more convenient for me, especially as I was always able to find metered street parking.
IVF Freeze all with PGTa $16,000 IVF Medications prior to retrieval and after transfer cost about $7,500-$8,000 Fetal Embryo Transfer $4,400 There were also $25 office visit costs for the Ultrasounds and Blood Draws
My employer fertility benefits through Carrot only covers single embryo transfer for the safety of the patient. Dr. Kathiresan and I never had to discuss her approach to eSET because it was never my intention to transfer more than 1 embryo.
2023, Successful
Dr. K was very attentive and acknowledged and heard my goals and she was really there every step of the process. I felt like she genuinely cared about the outcome of my egg freezing and I was very grateful to her guidance...She went through everything thoroughly and ensured I understood everything. She also continually checked in on me to make sure I was okay...She met with me several times during my cycles. During the last cycle she was actually there for my retrieval.
Great, responsive clinic [Kindbody - Los Angeles] I felt like everyone knew me there and I mattered. Really enjoyed everyone there from reception, ultrasound techs and nurses. I think that sometimes the response times weren't as fast as I'd like just because I wanted immediate answers but they got back to you within 48 hours...Loved my nursing staff as I said Yadira and Julie were the absolute best.
How was your experience with Anupama Kathiresan at Kindbody - Los Angeles?
Dr. K was great. She met with me several times during my cycles. During the last cycle she was actually there for my retrieval. She went through everything thoroughly and ensured I understood everything. She also continually checked in on me to make sure I was okay.
First protocol was Luteal and that didn't garner great results for me, I had 11 eggs retrieved and 3 were mature. The last cycle we did estrogen priming and I was hyper stimulated and we got 27 eggs and 19 were mature.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kindbody - Los Angeles. (Assigned nurse: Both Julie and Yadira were my favorites.)
Loved my nursing staff as I said Yadira and Julie were the absolute best.
Describe your experience with Kindbody - Los Angeles.
Great, responsive clinic I felt like everyone knew me there and I mattered. Really enjoyed everyone there from reception, ultrasound techs and nurses. I think that sometimes the response times weren't as fast as I'd like just because I wanted immediate answers but they got back to you within 48 hours.
My company paid for my kindcycles. I think my out of pocket expenses were roughly 1200 for the first round and 895 for the second.

2023 - 2024, Successful
Dr Mehr for more than a year...undertook sperm analysis, two IUIs, and two rounds of IVF, the second of which resulted in a pregnancy...was on our side completely, offering excellent advice...without ever pressuring us about what steps to take next...proactive about changing things up and pushing for better results
Kindbody's Santa Monica clinic was welcoming, well organized and made what can be a challenging and uncomfortable process feel much more approachable. Everyone who works there is kind and friendly, and small things like the front desk staff remembering your name made a difference.
How was your experience with Holly Mehr at Kindbody - Los Angeles?
My partner and I worked with Dr Mehr for more than a year. During that time we undertook sperm analysis, two IUIs, and two rounds of IVF, the second of which resulted in a pregnancy. Throughout this experience it felt like Dr Mehr was on our side completely, offering excellent advice gleaned from her vast knowledge of the fertility world, but without ever pressuring us about what steps to take next. She provided reassurance and emotional support when the road got tough, particularly after a chemical pregnancy during our first round of IVF, and always reminded us there was a path forward and reasons to be hopeful. She was proactive about changing things up and pushing for better results, and I know we wouldn’t be where we are today without her brilliance. I would absolutely recommend trusting her with your care.
Ask her to explain all your options - even the ones you aren't considering yet. We came into this process unsure if we were going to do IVF; Dr Mehr explained everything in such a clear and accessible way early on that it made the choice to do IVF feel much less daunting when we got there.
From the outset of working with Dr Mehr, it felt that she was genuinely on our team and would do whatever it took to help us achieve our goal of pregnancy. She is a fantastic listener and teacher who gives you her full attention and makes sure you understand what a process will involve before you get start.

2023 - 2024, Successful
Dr. Mehr is kind and thoughtful...doesn’t pull any punches and tells you how it is...friendliness and genuine demeanor...she walked us through everything to expect and what we would find out at each stage...checked in with us along the way after PGT testing...Definitely appreciated the eSET approach (it was our only option but still)! I would have been more concerned about multiple embryos for sure.
Strengths [of Kindbody - Los Angeles]- friendly staff in the office, great ultrasound technicians, nice facilities...Weaknesses - inconsistent experience between patients (I have a friend who is doing this at the exact same time and we had different experiences)...inconsistent communication from Kindbody nurses that weren’t on site...disappointed by the remote nursing team in terms of proactive communication
How was your experience with Holly Mehr at Kindbody - Los Angeles?
Dr. Mehr is kind and thoughtful. She doesn’t pull any punches and tells you how it is. I appreciated her friendliness and genuine demeanor. I definitely trust her expertise. From the first consultation where she walked us through everything to expect and what we would find out at each stage. She checked in with us along the way after PGT testing and was in our corner at each turn.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions! Dr. Mehr never made me feel silly for asking questions however big or small they were. She would give me information and often more information that helped me feel informed.
Dr. Mehr was a pleasure to have as my doctor. She gave me information every step of the way and not just her opinions but the research and facts. I definitely felt taken care of as a whole person.
The only protocol I could comment on is the estrogen dose before transfer. I think Dr. Mehr tried something a little different than her normal process due to some new research and it didn’t have the results expected. It wasn’t a blocker it was just a different timeframe then expected but either way we got a successful lining thickness and were able to do the transfer soon after
I felt there was very inconsistent communication from Kindbody nurses that weren’t on site. There wasn’t really someone shepherding us through the process and I had to reach out alot to ask for information or next steps. It’s probably why I appreciated Dr. Mehr when we did get to connect with her but I was disappointed by the remote nursing team in terms of proactive communication.
Describe your experience with Kindbody - Los Angeles.
Strengths - friendly staff in the office, great ultrasound technicians, nice facilities Weaknesses - inconsistent experience between patients (I have a friend who is doing this at the exact same time and we had different experiences), wish there was an East side LA location (we drove an hour at least for every appointment)
Unsure, we were lucky to have full insurance coverage. Minor co-pays applied ($65/appointment, $20 for medications)
Describe Holly Mehr's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kindbody - Los Angeles.