LGBTQ+ Competent Care
LGBTQ+ Competent Care

Based on reviews from the LGBTQ+ community.

LGBTQ+ Care
LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

Brooklyn Center
Staten Island
4855 Hyland Blvd550 Richmond Ave
Staten Island, NY 10312
55 Central Park West

[Dr. George Kofinas was] friendly, responsive, and encouraging and ready to answer all questions and concerns...With a low AMH, it matters to have every single egg retrieved and frozen. Not only were they able to retrieve what was a high number for my case, but they were also able to correct the course of my treatment during a cycle where most follicles weren't growing half-way through...I had gone to multiple other clinics for consultations prior to choosing Kofinas and they had the most competent staff from what I've seen.
I am beyond happy with the clinic [Kofinas Fertility Group] and the quality of treatment. I've referred all my girlfriends to them...The nursing staff is lovely, personable and friendly. Their aim is to have you in and out in a timely manner and they are competent in explaining eg. medication and care instructions... Their new surgery center in Lower Manhattan is brand new and the overall experience there was nothing short of professional. Their services are priced very competently and reasonably for the quality they provide.
How was your experience with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Meet them! I am beyond happy with the clinic and the quality of treatment. I've referred all my girlfriends to them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
At Kofinas, all of the doctors and nurses are friendly, responsive, and encouraging and ready to answer all questions and concerns. I had gone to multiple other clinics for consultations prior to choosing Kofinas and they had the most competent staff from what I've seen.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Strengths: top of the line lab and high success rate. Their new surgery center in Lower Manhattan is brand new and the overall experience there was nothing short of professional. Their services are priced very competently and reasonably for the quality they provide.
George Kofinas

2022, Successful
Dr Kofinas gave us the impression that he really cared about our situation. He was warm and personable and called us himself to discuss important outcomes. He has a great combination of being highly competent and highly empathetic...As a patient I felt like I was in good hands. He goes above and beyond to be super thorough, he is so knowledgeable and is very good at transferring his knowledge to you so that you understand his thought process and his protocol for you. Which instilled confidence in the process.
Amazing clinic [Kofinas Fertility Group], however you must pay facility fee for each procedure. Overall its no surprise that this clinic has higher success rates but the caveat is you're likely to spend more money than with other clinics...Dr [Jason] Kofinas gave us the impression that he really cared about our situation. He was warm and personable and called us himself to discuss important outcomes. He has a great combination of being highly competent and highly empathetic.
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Choose this doctor, go for it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Juany)
Amazing team.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Amazing clinic, however you must pay facility fee for each procedure. Overall its no surprise that this clinic has higher success rates but the caveat is you're likely to spend more money than with other clinics.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group.
35k
Describe Jason Kofinas's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kofinas Fertility Group.
He does not do multiple embryo transfers
2022 - 2024, Successful
Dr Jason was always nice, upbeat...constant monitoring and plan changes based on what had happened in the past...had some surgeries with Dr Jason and they went smoothly...Procedures to clean up the uterus included polyp removal and laparoscopy to remove endometriosis...transferred a single "best" embryo that was euploid
Strengths [of Kofinas Fertility Group]...high touch care...willing to try unusual medications to gain numbers...typically saw my doctor vs other nurses or PAs...Weaknesses: Complex insurance claims, sometimes long waiting times...nurses were great - they were very efficient, collecting blood while we waited for the ultrasound
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr Jason was the best doctor - I appreciated the constant monitoring and plan changes based on what had happened in the past and what didn't work. I was impressed that Dr Jason was willing to try everything that could possibly make a difference based on latest evidence. I also had some surgeries with Dr Jason and they went smoothly.
Be open to trying any tweaks to a "standard" protocol as every little edge matters.
Dr Jason was always nice, upbeat, and asked about my day and how I was. I also loved the nurses who did the bloodwork and made conversation.
Describe the protocols Jason Kofinas used in your cycles at Kofinas Fertility Group and their degree of success.
Primarily for egg retrievals, the medications were gonal, menopur, cetrotide. For some egg retrievals, human growth hormone was added. Procedures to clean up the uterus included polyp removal and laparoscopy to remove endometriosis. For the FET, the medications were progesterone, estradiol, lovenox, neupogen.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
The nurses were great - they were very efficient, collecting blood while we waited for the ultrasound which ended up greatly reducing waiting time.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Strengths - more high touch care than some larger centers in the city. More willing to try unusual medications to gain numbers. I liked that I typically saw my doctor vs other nurses or PAs. Weaknesses: Complex insurance claims, sometimes long waiting times.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Kofinas Fertility Group.
As efficient as could be in the mornings - at first, I tried to be the first person there in the mornings only to realize it was incredibly busy at 6:30 AM for the 7-9 AM monitoring hours. Afterwards, I aimed to arrive around 8:45 AM and was often the only person there which made the process seem faster and smoother. I'd recommend arriving just before the end of monitoring hours rather than going early.
Unsure of exact cost, but spent >$50k
We transferred a single "best" embryo that was euploid. We could have selected sex but were not comfortable doing so.

2022 - 2023, Successful
I wish every couple struggling with infertility could access Kofinas Fertility, so if you are lucky enough to have the opportunity to do so, please do. They are the Gold Standard of Fertility Clinics. They facility is clean and up to date. There is an associated surgical center for all procedures which makes your experience way easier. Communication on the whole team including the financial department is amazing and quick. They offer first come first serve monitoring appointments in the early morning which made it easy for me to never miss work. They are overall very organized and thorough.
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Jason Kofinas and his whole team is truly the gold standard of Fertility Clinics. I can't express enough how truly blessed I was to have been under his care. Dr. Jason Kofinas treated me as an individual case, found the root of my infertility issues, and then specialized my protocol to help me have the best chance of success. Coming from a different clinic before Kofinas Fertility, I know this is not always the case. At my first clinic I felt like another person on a conveyor belt with the same protocol as everyone else and no specialized care. That is why I left that clinic and thankfully found Kofinas Fertility. Dr. Jason Kofinas is truly a genius in his field. He had me do an extensive amount of specialized testing and medically necessary treatments, to lead me to more and more answers and a successful transfer on my very first time! I truly believe if I wasn't with Dr. Jason Kofinas, I would not be where I am now (9 weeks pregnant!). Working with Dr. Jason Kofinas, truly felt like I was his only patient. I saw him at EVERY SINGLE appointment, never pushed off to an NP (I don't know how he does it). He cares so much about his patients and their success rates. When ever I had a question he answered all my emails even at late hours and on the weekends. His nurses and whole team are so compassionate, helpful and responsive. I wish every couple struggling with infertility could access Kofinas Fertility, so if you are lucky enough to have the opportunity to do so, please do. Dr. Jason Kofinas and his whole team have such a special place in my heart. They have made a hug difference in my life and they are people me and my husband will never forget.
Trust him and his recommendations/ protocol, You are in the best hands. He is a true genius in his field.
I had Endometriosis and a low AMH, so his protocol for me was very specific to my diagnosis. He first recommended we embryo bank and do two retrievals before any transfer. With both retrievals we banked 7 PGT normal embryos. After that he noticed signs an inflamed tube, which would have decreased my chances of a successful transfer. We agreed I should remove the tube first. After that we did a mock transfer and additional testing including NK cells. This test came back high, which was information he needed to alter my transfer protocol. Shortly after we transfered one embryo with success!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
The nurses and whole Kofinas team was very compassionate, very skilled, helpful and responsive. They cared so much and were always there for you. They made my time here a positive journey. I am very grateful for their care.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Very efficient, fast, and comfortable. I was always able to get in and out and make it to work on time.
They took my Prodgyn insurance which covered almost all costs.

2020 - 2022, Successful
IUI With Other Docs
I spent nearly 3 years with Dr Kofinas dealing with unexplained infertility and cannot thank him enough for never giving up on my case...he was so compassionate and direct, taking the time to explain the plan and when setbacks occurred, providing rationale and alternate plans. I felt like we were on a team and he was as committed as I was to getting me pregnant. I was able to see him each visit and he was always available via email...
The staff [at Kofinas Fertility Group] was very friendly and available via messaging system. Sometimes unfortunately it resulted in a game of telephone to reach them but they were always attentive and helpful, however at this practice I was doing my main communication with the doctor directly - which I loved...The facilities are immaculate and I appreciated that there were multiple locations in the city and there was a surgical center on-site instead of going to a separate hospital...
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
I spent nearly 3 years with Dr Kofinas dealing with unexplained infertility and cannot thank him enough for never giving up on my case- I am now happily celebrating 1 month with my miracle baby. I loved that he was so compassionate and direct, taking the time to explain the plan and when setbacks occurred, providing rationale and alternate plans. I felt like we were on a team and he was as committed as I was to getting me pregnant. I was able to see him each visit and he was always available via email - which I know doesn’t happen at most practices.
Trust him! but of course do your own research so you can ask informed questions.
I had a difficult case and never felt like a number - Dr Kofinas always provided an individualized plan- doing extra research to figure out the best solutions. He is extremely caring and takes the time to explain everything and answer any questions - he is also always available via email and responds extremely quickly. I always felt extremely comfortable with him and never intimated or that he was trying to push me into a procedure without trying the least invasive option first - which is not always common in the fertility world!
I liked that he tried the least invasive options first but also tried to get to the root of the issue before going further, like removal of fibroids in my case. With my recurrent losses and after having to resort to a second IVF cycle due to a chemical pregnancy, he also really individualized my plan to include even experimental procedures like intralipids — and it worked!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
The staff was very friendly and available via messaging system. Sometimes unfortunately it resulted in a game of telephone to reach them but they were always attentive and helpful, however at this practice I was doing my main communication with the doctor directly - which I loved
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The facilities are immaculate and I appreciated that there were multiple locations in the city and there was a surgical center on-site instead of going to a separate hospital. The only thing to know is that morning monitoring hours can be very long at times - it’s a popular place and morning hours are first come first serve, so just keep that in mind.
Morning monitoring hours were first come first serve and sometimes the waits were extremely long. It was different each day and hard to predict. But I did like that each time I still was able to see my doctor specifically
I was very lucky to have Progyny insurance through work which covered a majority of my procedures so I cannot speak to specific costs if you have no coverage. However I do advise shopping around for meds instead of buying direct from the facility - the nurses can even give you some suggestions of where to look.
What specific things went wrong at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kofinas Fertility Group.
The only issue was sometimes delays with calling in prescriptions or calling in to the wrong pharmacy

2018 - 2022, Successful
I never felt disregarded during my fertility journey with Dr. Jason [Kofinas], he was very responsive to all my concerns when I was under his care. He has excellent bed side manners!...He is honest and caring and goes above and beyond for his patients. He is a great communicator and will respond to all your concerns. Our experience from the beginning till the end of our fertility journey was beyond amazing...
It is obvious that the clinic [Kofinas Fertility Group] works as a team and is organized. They have excellent communication skills with their patients, they are caring and professional. The facility locations are clean and modern...It’s best to get there earlier to get on line and sign in. Monitoring hours were from 7-9 am. I would get to the office and stand outside by 6:15 to get in line...
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
When my husband and I first met Dr. Jason Kofinas we immediately felt comfortable with our decision. He is honest and caring and goes above and beyond for his patients. He is a great communicator and will respond to all your concerns. Our experience from the beginning till the end of our fertility journey was beyond amazing.
You are in great hands, have patience and trust the process.
I never felt disregarded during my fertility journey with Dr. Jason, he was very responsive to all my concerns when I was under his care. He has excellent bed side manners!
Prior to the start of my IUI cycles there was a fibroid removed from my uterus. I started my first cycle 3 months after my procedure. Unfortunately none of my IUI cycles were successful. I then started the egg retrieval process. My first embryo transfer was successful! I now have a beautiful healthy girl , and expecting another baby this winter. Both of my transfers were successful on the first try. Treatments and strategies included oral medicine and injections throughout the IVF process.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Excellent staff, very welcoming, and responsive to all protocols given my Dr Jason
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
It is obvious that the clinic works as a team and is organized. They have excellent communication skills with their patients, they are caring and professional. The facility locations are clean and modern.
It’s best to get there earlier to get on line and sign in. Monitoring hours were from 7-9 am. I would get to the office and stand outside by 6:15 to get in line .
I don’t remember the final cost my insurance covered 75% , I am a NYC public school teacher.

2022, Successful
appreciated his [Dr. Kofinas] honesty about realistic expectations. He does not try to woo you with grandiose promises of success. Rather he is more focused and ensuring your body is at optimal health for the egg retrieval and FET which can entail numerous tests/biopsies, meds, etc...he is available to patiently answer any of your questions and concerns. He takes the time to thoroughly explain everything to you and what the next steps will be. He also provides you with options you can consider. I also appreciated that he is also accessible by email. I've never really had a doctor offer that and it really is so helpful to have a doctor who actually responds back by the end of the day...
Plenty of nurses [at Kofinas Fertility Group] to help make appts go as quickly and smoothly as possible. Overall practice is a well run. I never had a problem with Dr. Kofinas or a nurse getting back to me via email or phone call...They tailor a specific plan for each individual's needs and body using the most up to date technology and treatment plans. Be prepared for mornings when they are swamped during morning monitor. Sometimes there can be a small wait but honestly it's not that long...
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
During the consultation and f/u meetings he is available to patiently answer any of your questions and concerns. He takes the time to thoroughly explain everything to you and what the next steps will be. He also provides you with options you can consider. I also appreciated that he is also accessible by email. I've never really had a doctor offer that and it really is so helpful to have a doctor who actually responds back by the end of the day! You can email him for pretty much anything related to IVF and he almost always replied back by the end of the day. I also appreciated his honesty about realistic expectations. He does not try to woo you with grandiose promises of success. Rather he is more focused and ensuring your body is at optimal health for the egg retrieval and FET which can entail numerous tests/biopsies, meds, etc. It is very obvious he actually enjoys what he is doing, trying to help every individual/couple going through infertility issues. You can tell it is his passion and he will try everything he can to have a successful outcome. That in return provides hope and trust in the patient that they are receiving the very best fertility care that is available.
Be prepared and patient for a potentially long IVF journey. Dr. Kofinas ensures your body is at optimal health before even doing the egg retrieval and FET and that can mean stretching out into months before actually even doing any procedure. In my case I had uterine fibroid that need to be removed and then reoccurring bouts of endometritis that had to be treated before he even proceeded with the FET.
Dr. Kofinas has excellent bedside manners. Always came in with a smile and cheerful greeting even on the mornings when the office was swamped w/patients. He took the time to answer even the simplest questions. He even tries to have small talk with you despite having to see so many other patients. Always made me feel as if he was approachable.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Nurses tried their best to keep the steady flow of patients moving along during the morning monitoring. There was always a nurse ready to come in to draw your blood and afterwards answer any questions related to your plan. I also appreciated that they were also accessible by email and always called you back by the end of the day. It was difficult for them to call you back during the day but I always got a call back before the end of the day.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
On the forefront using the most modern technology and available treatment plans for fertility concerns. Plenty of nurses to help make appts go as quickly and smoothly as possible. Overall practice is a well run. I never had a problem with Dr. Kofinas or a nurse getting back to me via email or phone call (nurse). There is reason why Kofinas Fertility is one of the top fertility practices not only in NYC but nationwide. They tailor a specific plan for each individual's needs and body using the most up to date technology and treatment plans. Be prepared for mornings when they are swamped during morning monitor. Sometimes there can be a small wait but honestly it's not that long. The longest I had to wait was at most 45 minutes and the time goes by quick bc their office offers complimentary wifi.
Efficient well-oiled machine.
I had Progyny benefits so most of my fertility treatment was covered. Although at their Manhattan Reproductive Surgery Center where they perform all of their fertility related treatments and other gynecological procedures expect to pay an out-of-pocket $3,500 fee depending on whether or not your insurance is in network w/them. My insurance was not in network and I had to pay the fee anytime I had a procedure including removal of uterine fibroid.
He is opened to both although he would prefer eSET.
2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Jason is very communicative and has a wonderful disposition. He neither sugarcoats nor fearmongers which I appreciated. The protocol for me was very drug-forward but you just have to TRUST THE PROCESS because he knows what he's doing. He and Dr. Montes did a laparoscopic myomectomy (before retrievals) which improved my quality of life (stage 4 endo, fibroids, cysts)...Dr Jason is very responsive via email (evenings especially) and it's easy to make an appointment for a discussion meeting which I did a few times. He made my husband and I feel comfortable about the procedures I was going through and the results from each retrieval...
Nurses [at Kofinas Fertility Group] were amazing, always called back by end of day to address any questions that I sent them. Helped with alternative intralipid providers in NYC...Very efficient take-in process, sometimes the waits were long...UWS Clinic ran monitoring very efficiently. I went to Fidi Clinic for some bloodwork and procedures via Manhattan Reproductive Surgery Center, both were also very efficient. The only area of improvement is more transparency around billing and insurance coverage...
Trust the process
Monitoring hours can be very crowded, so you only have a few minutes with your physician. As an alternative, Dr Jason is very responsive via email (evenings especially) and it's easy to make an appointment for a discussion meeting which I did a few times. He made my husband and I feel comfortable about the procedures I was going through and the results from each retrieval.
Retrievals: Menopur/Gonal/Estradiol/Cetrotide/Pregyl In between: Lupron/Estradiol/Antibiotics for inflammation Mock Transfer: some of the below Pre- and Post-Transfer: Estradiol/PIO/Intralipid/Progesterone Suppositories/Neupogen/Prednisone/Metformin/Levothyroxine/Lovenox/Methylfolate/other supplements
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Jean Ann, Juany, Kate )
Nurses were amazing, always called back by end of day to address any questions that I sent them. Helped with alternative intralipid providers in NYC.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Very efficient take-in process, sometimes the waits were long (UWS).
I had progyny insurance in addition to regular health insurance, so majority of the expense was included in out-of-network coverage
Single embryo transferred and split. In the end, it was vanishing twin syndrome and resulted in a singleton pregnancy.
2021, Successful
Dr Jason Kofinas was the only person who took our case and left no stone unturned to find out why we were having trouble carrying to term. He took the time to locate and treat any issues BEFORE proceeding with a customized IVF regimen. He wanted to make sure that my body was ready and prepared for the IVF process. His team of nurses were always welcoming and helpful. We never felt like we were just another patient or another case. We always felt like everyone there really wanted us to be successful...
They [nurses at Kofinas Fertility Group] were always welcoming. They were always helpful, caring and very supportive...There are times where the office would be packed with other patients. He and the nurses really do their best to work with you and your schedule and understand that we all work. Keep in mind what the goal is. The reason why you are there; this doctor WILL get to the bottom of why you are having difficulties...
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
We had seen many fertility specialists who wouldnt take our case or treats us like a cookie-cutter case. Dr Jason Kofinas was the only person who took our case and left no stone unturned to find out why we were having trouble carrying to term. He took the time to locate and treat any issues BEFORE proceeding with a customized IVF regimen. He wanted to make sure that my body was ready and prepared for the IVF process. His team of nurses were always welcoming and helpful. We never felt like we were just another patient or another case. We always felt like everyone there really wanted us to be successful. They really wanted us to get pregnant and... now we are. I am expecting our daughter at the end of June. It is understandable to be hesitant with many specialists who say they can help; Dr Jason Kofinas means it! We are so lucky that we found him
Be upfront and honest of your expectations. Ask questions because he will always answer them. Even if you think the question may be silly; still ask. If you have gotten advice from other people; share that information with him and Dr Jason will either look into it or let you know if it would work for your case.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
They were always welcoming. They were always helpful, caring and very supportive.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Due to Dr Jasons expertise are in high demand; pack you patience when you come to the clinic. There are times where the office would be packed with other patients. He and the nurses really do their best to work with you and your schedule and understand that we all work. Keep in mind what the goal is. The reason why you are there; this doctor WILL get to the bottom of why you are having difficulties.

2015 - 2019, Successful
Dr. George Kofinas took the time to sit with me and explain his plan for my surgery in great detail. He took extensive imaging and I was informed every step of the way. After having a successful fibroid surgery, I was encouraged to try and get pregnant naturally, even at my age of 39. After trying for a few months with no success, we went back...Be prepared to live at his office. They are extremely thorough and make sure that everything is perfect for transfer which requires multiple trips to his office.
They are extremely thorough and make sure that everything is perfect for transfer which requires multiple trips to [Kofinas Fertility Group]... From Maria at the front desk, who always remembers your name just by looking at your face to all the nurses who put me into rooms and drew my blood, they are the most competent, caring bunch I have ever encountered. They were encouraging, and compassionate and always put my mind at ease.
How was your experience with George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
When I was diagnosed with fibroids and recommended to have surgery, I wanted to make sure that I found a doctor who was concerned with preserving my fertility. I went to see a doctor a Columbia and a doctor at NYU for opinions, both visits I felt like a number, visits were quick and I felt that I was being pushed out the door with more questions than answers. When I went to Kofinas fertility, I knew from the moment I stepped in the door that this was the place for me. The amazing Maria at the front desk, always has a smile on even at 6am in the morning and remembers patients names (no small feat!). Dr. George Kofinas took the time to sit with me and explain his plan for my surgery in great detail. He took extensive imaging and I was informed every step of the way. After having a successful fibroid surgery, I was encouraged to try and get pregnant naturally, even at my age of 39. After trying for a few months with no success, we went back to Kofinas Fertility where Dr. Brzechffa became our go-to doctor. I can't say enough great things about Dr. B. He is the most caring, sympathetic, kindest doctor I have ever met. (and I work for physicians!). During my course, I was also seen by Dr. Narine and Dr. Montes, two amazing doctors who always took the time to answer my never ending questions with patience. I never, ever felt that they didn't have my best interests in mind. Thanks to Kofinas Fertility I have a gorgeous 20-month old son and there are no adequate words to express my thanks to them. We are currently back with them going for number 2 and we wouldn't put our trust with our journey to parenthood with anyone else!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Because you are there pretty much every 2 days for a month or two, you become very known to the nursing staff. From Maria at the front desk, who always remembers your name just by looking at your face to all the nurses who put me into rooms and drew my blood, they are the most competent, caring bunch I have ever encountered. They were encouraging, and compassionate and always put my mind at ease.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
I went to see them when they had their Brooklyn Office which was based out of NY Methodist Hospital and my experience there was great except for trying to park my car every time I went without having to pay the hospital garage fees. Now they have moved their office to lower Manhattan which is easily accessible by subway. I also see Dr. B at their Staten Island Office which has parking and is easy to get to from where I live in Brooklyn. The offices are extremely clean, modern, and their technology is advanced.
Monitoring is done between the hours of 7am and 9am and is first come first serve. I always used to get there between 8am and 9am and never had to wait more than 15 minutes.
Describe the costs associated with your care under George Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group.
My insurance did not cover the IVF process. I was covered for 2 rounds of IUI which I did, and the office visits with a copay. But between sonograms, medications and the IVF process I paid a lot out of my pocket.
Describe George Kofinas's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kofinas Fertility Group.
I had 2 healthy embryos ready for transfer. I asked that they both be transferred but Dr. Kofinas took into account my being overweight, my age at the time (41), and my diagnosis of Hashimoto's hypothyroid and encouraged me to do a single embryo transfer. He put everything into consideration and did the best he could to ensure a successful pregnancy.
George Kofinas

4 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
he [Dr. Jason Kofinas] made a thorough plan to eliminate the possibilities of my frequent losses. I really felt as if I was his only patient while knowing I was not. He’s paid close attention to all my monitorings, stims and transfers, and even called during his day off to adjust my meds to ensure I get the best quality eggs during stims. On my first transfer with Dr. K, we successfully got pregnant but sadly I had a miscarriage. He was so compassionate and caring for that loss.
Everyone [at Kofinas Fertility Group] was very caring and knew you by face and name. The nursing staff varied during monitoring, but they always made you feel comfortable. Mio and Lindsay were consistent nurses and they always knew my case. They were patient and answered questions if you needed. Justine is the front receptionist, she’s always so pleasant and as if she knows you already by the sound of your voice over the phone. She’s always willing to help and set up your appointments in seconds.
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Kofinas is dedicated, compassionate, detailed, meticulous, and a problem solver. After 5 embryo transfer failures from my previous doctor and no answers as to the reasons why. I’ve consulted with a few doctors before meeting Dr. K. I provided them with my medical history and Dr. K immediately went to study them. From the results he made a thorough plan to eliminate the possibilities of my frequent losses. I really felt as if I was his only patient while knowing I was not. He’s paid close attention to all my monitorings, stims and transfers, and even called during his day off to adjust my meds to ensure I get the best quality eggs during stims. On my first transfer with Dr. K, we successfully got pregnant but sadly I had a miscarriage. He was so compassionate and caring for that loss. It was as if it was his loss too. He offered to console, speak to me during my grieving and offered resources like counselors. He had answers to all my questions and plan for the future. Fast forward today, we had our second transfer and we’re in our second trimester, after 3 years of IVF, including all the procedures, stims, transfers, modified protocols, emotional roller coasters, Dr. K figured me out! We are finally in our second trimester and expecting our first baby in Nov. My husband and I are so thankful to him. I really felt Dr. K was part of my journey every step of the way. As a his patient I believe he goes above and beyond for me. He took on the challenge of a once defeated woman longing for a child and helped her make her dream come true.
Dr. Kofinas will go above and beyond to make sure you are successful. Trust his methods.
Because he and his staff knew me by my first name and who I was whenever I came for a visit in the clinic. Whenever I make a call over the phone, I felt like his staff knew my name. I felt like the office made me feel I was their friend. This was important to me as my previous fertility clinic I felt like a number and as if I was in a factory.
Due to my RIF, prior to IVF stims and transfer, Dr. Kofinas, performed hysteroscopy. He suspected hydrosalpinx and it was confirmed from a prior hsg result which may have been the cause of prior failures. I went for a procedure to disconnect my tube and while under the same procedure Dr. K also removed some endometriosis, with consent. For Stim, protocol included menopur, gonal f, ganirelex, HCG. Embryos were icsi and pgs tested. For transfer, he performed an NK test resulted in elevated NK cells. He incorporated prednisone and intralipids infusion every week.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Mio)
Everyone was very caring and knew you by face and name. The nursing staff varied during monitoring, but they always made you feel comfortable. Mio and Lindsay were consistent nurses and they always knew my case. They were patient and answered questions if you needed. Justine is the front receptionist, she’s always so pleasant and as if she knows you already by the sound of your voice over the phone. She’s always willing to help and set up your appointments in seconds.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Strengths- personable, professional, willingness to get answers, will go above and beyond for patients, provides solutions outside the standard of care. Modern in treating patients while not compromising data based medicine. Weakness, sometimes wait can be long for monitoring. The Pre and Post retrieval recovery at Brooklyn location should be more comfortable. For my husband, the collection rooms should also be more comfortable.
You sign in and wait for your name to be called. Monitoring begins at 7am and is convenient for me before heading to the office
Upper West Side
He [Dr. Jason Kofinas] is a great communicator, great bedside manner...He is very thorough and will make sure everything is checked and addressed before proceeding...I was at high risk for hyperstimulating after retrieval. He delayed my transfer by 1 month which was hard for me but for the best of my health and success of the pregnancy...He also treated me with Lovenox to prevent blood clotting which I think was helpful when I developed a Sub Chorionic Hematoma in my pregnancy.
They [nurses at Kofinas Fertility Group] were great about helping me order my meds...The clinic on upper west is really clean and nice. Smalls rooms but clean. The wait is usually okay, sometimes up to 30 mins...They are closed on wednesdays which is inconvenient and don't do any surgeries or transfers in this clinic...[staff] showed compassion and remembered everything I told them. They always looked out for my best interest.
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Jason Kofinas is by far the best doctor I have ever seen. He is a great communicator, great bedside manner and really knows everything about fertility. He is very thorough and will make sure everything is checked and addressed before proceeding.
Question all the medications if you are unsure why he's prescribing.
Jason and all the staff new my name, showed compassion and remembered everything I told them. They always looked out for my best interest.
Dr. Jason was very careful with me having PCOS as I was at high risk for hyperstimulating after retrieval. He delayed my transfer by 1 month which was hard for me but for the best of my health and success of the pregnancy. We used estrodial, Progesterone as well as pre-natals, folate, vitamin d and calcium. He also treated me with Lovenox to prevent blood clotting which I think was helpful when I developed a Sub Chorionic Hematoma in my pregnancy. After my chemical pregnancy, he treated me for NK Cells with Steroids and Intralipid infusions - which is a controversial practice. I like that he was willing to take risks when we didn't know what the reason for the chemical pregnancy was.
The nurses all new my name. They were great about helping me order my meds.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The clinic on upper west is really clean and nice. Smalls rooms but clean. The wait is usually okay, sometimes up to 30 mins. I enjoyed walking there through the park. They are closed on wednesdays which is inconvenient and don't do any surgeries or transfers in this clinic. I used to have to go to Brooklyn but they closed that office and are now in FIDI. I have not experienced the FIDI clinic.
Most was covered under insurance except for facility fees for transfer/retrieval and surgeries.
He would not transfer more than one embryo due to high risk with multiples. He also let me know the odds of pregnancy was not higher with transferring multiples if the embryos were PGS tested.
What specific things went wrong at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kofinas Fertility Group.
I've had a few times the clinic called my old pharmacy.
2022 - 2024, Successful
Dr. Jason immediately addressed my uterine environment and the presence of endometriosis and adenomyosis. Other doctors mentioned I may have had them, but never did anything about it. They continued to have me go through transfers knowing these conditions would negatively affect outcomes. I was finally pain free after my surgery a year and a half ago. Dr Jason made sure the uterine cavity was in its best condition before proceeding to transfers. I am forever grateful to him for healing me and ultimately getting me pregnant.
This clinic takes a different approach than other clinics in that they address all underlying issues before going straight to retrievals and transfers. You feel they care and it’s not about the money.
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Listen to Dr. Jason. He’s a very intelligent and well educated man. We all go down the Google rabbit hole and think we know what’s best. Let him do his work.
Dr. Jason was amazing from the first day we met him. He thoroughly explained every step and was always available via email for questions. No other doctor had direct contact with me, after being at 3 clinics prior.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Tierney and Juany )
The nurses at Kofinas are top notch. After having been with 3 other clinics and not even knowing the nurses names, it was refreshing to finally have the attention required when going through such an emotional journey. I can’t thank them enough for being such wonderful nurses.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Kofinas works with specific insurance companies and I was fortunate enough to have minimal OOP expenses.

2022, Successful
He [Dr. Jason Kofinas] answered each and every email, no question was left unanswered, and I never left the office feeling unsure because I knew I was in the right place this time. Only three months after my journey began at Kofinas, I am officially PREGNANT...Going through this entire experience has been challenging but Dr. Kofinas made it reassuring...If I were to send Dr. Jason or the nursing team an email, it was answered right away...
At Kofinas, I never felt like a number. The whole process ran smoothly, obtaining my medications was easy & all my questions were answered. If I were to send Dr. Jason or the nursing team an email, it was answered right away! I wasn’t used to that. As I mentioned before, I switched over from another facility & I was amazed with the level of treatment from my very first day at Kofinas...nursing staff was wonderful!...
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Jason Kofinas was nothing less than AMAZING! Going through this entire experience has been challenging but Dr. Kofinas made it reassuring. I began my journey with another establishment and was no longer happy with the facility. I was losing hope in the process. A friend suggested I make an appointment Dr. Jason Kofinas. Her exact words were, “He’s The Godfather of Fertility” lol. I was so worried changing facilities & putting my trust into a new doctor after the experience I had already endured. However Dr. Jason reassured me that I was in the right place. He answered each and every email, no question was left unanswered, and I never left the office feeling unsure because I knew I was in the right place this time. Only three months after my journey began at Kofinas, I am officially PREGNANT. I waited so long to hear those words. Thank you Dr. Jason & the whole team! You gave us hope & a beautiful miracle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
The nursing staff was wonderful!

2022 - 2023, Successful
Dr. Jason Kofinas is honest. He is trustworthy and you know he is going to do the most for you for the best outcome...He was always available to answer my questions and many times went over and above to keep me as his patient...Prior to IVF we needed to remove fibroids and heal before next steps. He planned out the surgery healing and ivf rounds accordingly so no time would be wasted.
[Kofinas Fertility Group] is communicative and requests are heard. At times AM monitoring are long but you will be seen. Facilities are clean. Don’t be alarmed if you have to report to headquarters or are seen by another team member...Tierney is amazing. Always responsive knowledgeable and so personable to chat with. Was a pleasure
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Doctor JK is a master of his craft. Data and science driven he creates a plan and will execute. He was always available to answer my questions and many times went over and above to keep me as his patient. I work in medicine as well and to be on the other side as the patient made me trust him no questions.
Trust the process
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Tierney )
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Clinic is communicative and requests are heard. At times AM monitoring are long but you will be seen. Facilities are clean. Don’t be alarmed if you have to report to headquarters or are seen by another team member
The process is mentally and physically tiring but being seen almost daily by DR. JK was reassuring. At time AM waiting was long but you were always seen
Insurance covered most. Genetic testing of embryos was 5000 out of pocket
Na
2022 - 2023, Successful
Dr. [Jason] Kofinas is professional, kind and a wonderful communicator. His ability to explain the IVF process and answer questions with clear answers made me feel at ease during my fertility journey. I would highly recommend he and his team to anyone wanting to explore IVF for the first time...During the IVF process, I did one retrieval, one mock transfer and one official transfer. The mock transfer was extremely helpful in determining exactly what my body needed to make the official transfer successful and it was!
Tierney Spencer truly made my experience with Kofinas Fertility Group an A++ Organizing all of my medications was extremely overwhelming in the beginning and she really helped me feel confident through the process while checking in to make sure I had everything I needed...I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Kofinas and his team! My only note for a new patient would be to prepare to wait in the waiting room for at least an hour before every visit. I spent many hours in that waiting room, but it was worth it in the end!
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Kofinas is professional, kind and a wonderful communicator. His ability to explain the IVF process and answer questions with clear answers made me feel at ease during my fertility journey. I would highly recommend he and his team to anyone wanting to explore IVF for the first time.
Be open to all of your options. Dr. Kofinas has a wonderful ability to explain all fertility options thoroughly and put you at ease while helping you choose the right path without being pushy.
During my fertility journey with Dr. Kofinas and his team, I felt that all of my questions were answered thoroughly and with care. The team also took my calls after hours regarding follow up questions about medications. I really felt like his team wanted the best for me throughout the IVF process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Tierney Spencer)

Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Dr. Kofinas was very opened to all of my concerns and answered all of my questions. I felt heard and part of my treatment plan from day one. He was was very thorough with my testing and specifically designed an immune protocol for me. He is very responsive to emails. Even on the weekends. When my first transfer was not successful we had a meeting to discuss next steps and tweaked my protocol. He was very open to my sugguesstions and asked for my input...
I cannot say enough about the amazing care I received at Kofinas Fertility Group...All of his staff at his clinic were amazing. She was very attentive and responsive to my calls and e-mails...From my very first encounter, Dr. Kofinas was very opened to all of my concerns and answered all of my questions. I felt heard and part of my treatment plan from day one...I was a very complex case with stage 4 endometriosis and lots immune issue which led to multiple chemical pregnancies and implantation failure...
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
I cannot say enough about the amazing care I received at Kofinas Fertility Group. I was under the care of Dr. Jason Kofinas. I consulted with him after being unsuccessful at my previous clinic for over 2 years. I was a very complex case with stage 4 endometriosis and lots immune issue which led to multiple chemical pregnancies and implantation failure. From my very first encounter, Dr. Kofinas was very opened to all of my concerns and answered all of my questions. I felt heard and part of my treatment plan from day one. He was was very thorough with my testing and specifically designed an immune protocol for me. He is very responsive to emails. Even on the weekends. When my first transfer was not successful we had a meeting to discuss next steps and tweaked my protocol. He was very open to my sugguesstions and asked for my input and I really appreciated that. I had success with my second transfer and I am currently 17 weeks. I highly recommend Dr. Jason Kofinas. After trying to conceive for over 3 years I finally had success thanks to Kofinas Fertility Group. So thankful!!!!
Be open to his suggestions . Trust his process.
Dr. Kofinas treated me with kindness and respect. I was inconclusive in my treatment plan. I felt heard and he was always open to my suggestions.
I used donor eggs and transferred my embryos to Kofinas. I consulted him for immune testing and immune protocols. My protocol included weekly Intralipid Infusions, Neupogen, Plaquenil, Tacrolimus, and Lovenox in preparation for my transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: JeanAnn )
JeanAnn was very nice! All of his staff at his clinic were amazing. She was very attentive and responsive to my calls and e-mails.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Cost was covered by my insurance (Progyny).
Dr. Kofinas only transfers one embryo at a time.

2022, Successful
I met with Dr. Jason Kofinas who’s absolutely amazing. He is extremely personable and makes you feel comfortable from the second you walk into his office, PLUS he makes himself available to answer any questions, which being able to email and get a timely response is super comforting...Excellent bedside manner... One month after surgery I was fortunate enough to get pregnant naturally
I can’t begin to say enough great things about Kofinas Fertility...The entire staff is also very friendly, such great people...They [nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group] were always very thorough and great at drawing blood, for all the times I had to go in...Strengths: great communication, very clean, modern technology Weakness (if this qualifies as one) long wait times - but it makes sense given how busy they are… they offer free Wi-Fi!
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
I can’t begin to say enough great things about Kofinas Fertility — Dr. Jason Kofinas is the BEST! After finding out from my gyno that I had PCOS in March I decided to seek out a fertility specialist. In May, I met with Dr. Jason Kofinas who’s absolutely amazing. He is extremely personable and makes you feel comfortable from the second you walk into his office, PLUS he makes himself available to answer any questions, which being able to email and get a timely response is super comforting! The entire staff is also very friendly, such great people. I followed all of his recommendations when it came to blood work, testing, and ended up getting laparoscopic surgery at the end of June which is exactly what I needed. One month after surgery I was fortunate enough to get pregnant naturally. You’re really in the best hands with Kofinas Fertility and I can’t thank them enough for helping me in my journey.
Make sure to share all your concerns at the initial appointment so he can work his magic!
Excellent bedside manner and always made himself available via email to address any questions or concerns
Surgery was recommended to remove cysts in right ovary and to check for endometriosis while the procedure took place
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
They were always very thorough and great at drawing blood, for all the times I had to go in :-)
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Strengths: great communication, very clean, modern technology Weakness (if this qualifies as one) long wait times - but it makes sense given how busy they are… they offer free Wi-Fi! ……….……………………………………….
I was told insurance covered my procedures so hopefully I don’t receive any bills later down the line
2020 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Jason Kofinas is an amazing doctor. He goes above and beyond for his patients. He does all that he can to make every womans' dream come true. As his patient he had me on as many medicines and injections in order to help with my transfer. He is very reliable. Whenever I had a question, I would email him and he would get back to me right away.
This clinic [Kofinas Fertility Group] is just the best. They are all professional, sweet and take care of you. Whenever I had a question I would call and leave a message for a nurse to get back to me and they would get back to me right away. They are very knowledgeable...Overall, Kofinas Fertility is like my extended family and the entire staff is so supportive as well...I love everybody in this practice in both Manhattan locations and I am so happy I chose Kofinas Fertility
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Trust him because he's the best!!!!
If anyone needs a fertility dr Kofinas Fertility is the one to go to...I can't write about every amazing experience I had with Kofinas Fertility, because I would be here all day, but know that throughout my entire journey with them, it was absolutely amazing.....Dr. Jason Kofinas is my doctor and he made it happen for me and my husband....we are expecting....he went above and beyond between surgeries, medications, injections and intralipids to make sure this baby stuck the first time...I cannot thank him enough...Overall, Kofinas Fertility is like my extended family and the entire staff is so supportive as well...I love everybody in this practice in both Manhattan locations and I am so happy I chose Kofinas Fertility❤️ PS My last name that is posted is my maiden name lol.
He had me on medicines that I had to take everyday at a certain time as well as the injections.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
They are very professional and are very organized. They run a tight shift.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
This clinic is just the best. They are all professional, sweet and take care of you. Whenever I had a question I would call and leave a message for a nurse to get back to me and they would get back to me right away. They are very knowledgeable.
I have spent so much between the co pays, surgeries, retrieval, transfer and egg freezing, but it was all so worth it.
2021 - 2023, Successful
Dr Kofinas is an excellent Dr and surgeon, he knows what he is doing and isn’t afraid to explore new ideas or explore for root causes. My OBGYN told me I 100% did not have endometriosis, he was convinced and Dr Kofinas did a lap and found it. He is a thorough and detail orientated Dr with an great bedside manner. He explains things in an easy to understand way and walks you through every step of the process together...
The facilities [at Kofinas Fertility Group] that you will experience are as close to a 5 star hotel as a medical facility gets. State of the art everything, professional, clean, friendly. The response time from everyone I dealt with was always prompt, accurate, reassuring and as always caring...A-team, Kofinas has hired the best of the best for his practice...Dr Kofinas is understanding, compassionate and caring. He listens, gets to the root cause of the issues and devises a plan with you...
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Trust the process. He knows what he is doing.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
A-team, Kofinas has hired the best of the best for his practice.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The facilities that you will experience are as close to a 5 star hotel as a medical facility gets. State of the art everything, professional, clean, friendly. The response time from everyone I dealt with was always prompt, accurate, reassuring and as always caring.
Most of my bills where covered via my insurance and Kofinas worked with me on the remaining.