LGBTQ+ Competent Care
LGBTQ+ Competent Care

Based on reviews from the LGBTQ+ community.

LGBTQ+ Care
LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

6.4
6.4

448 Viking Drive, Suite 100
Virginia Beach, VA 23452

2022, Successful
Dr. Poe-Ziegler had a generous discount and conservative plan of action that fit our needs and budget...All of our concerns were considered even though we hadn’t been trying for very long we knew something was wrong...Husband had zero sperm count...Treatment for husband included clomid and HCG injections which corrected his sperm count and quality...we conceived after 8 months of treatment!
[New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine (CCRM Network Clinic) is] Very clean and organized...Very kind and compassionate...did not have to wait long to be seen by the doctor...the process for speed collection was not comfortable for my husband. He could hear the front desk staff talking since the room for collection was right next to it...Also felt embarrassing as the wait room could hear the instructions being given for sample collection.
How was your experience with Robin Poe-Zeigler at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine (CCRM Network Clinic)?
Our financial and medical situation were handled with so much care and consideration. My husband is active duty Navy and insurance covers no fertility treatment so Dr. Poe-Ziegler had a generous discount and conservative plan of action that fit our needs and budget. We never felt pressured to overextend ourselves financially and felt confident that we would conceive based on our plan!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robin Poe-Zeigler at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine (CCRM Network Clinic)?
Pay the consult fee and see what options are available. You’d be surprised at how many different treatment options and costs are available! We had no idea there were so many options and steps before considering IVF.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robin Poe-Zeigler at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine (CCRM Network Clinic)?
All of our concerns were considered even though we hadn’t been trying for very long we knew something was wrong. We wanted to assess my fertility alongside my husbands instead of one at a time because of our age.
Describe the protocols Robin Poe-Zeigler used in your cycles at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine (CCRM Network Clinic) and their degree of success.
Husband had zero sperm count which we did not know was due to exogenous testosterone supplementation due to his low T. I wanted to make sure I was good to go while we worked his issue so we performed a blood test to see if I had enough eggs in reserve which I did. Treatment for husband included clomid and HCG injections which corrected his sperm count and quality. It also helped maintain his testosterone levels which were essential for his performance as a special operator in the navy. All of these considerations were made with care and we conceived after 8 months of treatment!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine (CCRM Network Clinic).
Very kind and compassionate
Describe your experience with New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine (CCRM Network Clinic).
Very clean and organized. Took all Covid precautions and had a great check in process. We did not have to wait long to be seen by the doctor. The only thing I would say is the process for speed collection was not comfortable for my husband. He could hear the front desk staff talking since the room for collection was right next to it and it made the process a little more difficult. Also felt embarrassing as the wait room could hear the instructions being given for sample collection.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robin Poe-Zeigler at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine (CCRM Network Clinic).
400$ consult 100$ blood test Fertility drugs unsure covered by tricare (we received through primary care physician at recommendation of clinic).
Describe Robin Poe-Zeigler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine (CCRM Network Clinic).
Not applicable

2023, Consult
Donor Sperm With Other Docs
Dr. Robin Poe-Zeigler is a thorough and excellent communicator, she explained everything in detail with charts and pictures...explained the aging risks that I may be up against along with the detailed statistics all while making me skill feel hopeful...Be prepared for her high energy level as well as her enthusiasm.
The lab [at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine] is very efficient...very organized and has everting onsite...staff is very friendly and has clinic hours in the early morning...staff tries their best to stay on schedule with appointment times....lobby is very welcoming and calming
Dr. Robin Poe-Zeigler is a thorough and excellent communicator, she explained everything in detail with charts and pictures. She was able to write upside down which allowed for a smooth transitions between topics. She explained the aging risks that I may be up against along with the detailed statistics all while making me skill feel hopeful. We set up a plan for moving forward to proceed with medications and procedures to start the process.
Be prepared for her high energy level as well as her enthusiasm.
We shared Disney stories and our vacations as well as learning about the procedures that are available
We are still discussing moving forward in hopes to start a December Cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine (CCRM Network Clinic). (Assigned nurse: Erica Harland)
She was knowledgeable about the processes. She supplied me with literature as well as materials about sperm banks and how to proceed. She contacted the doctors with unanswered questions about how to proceed. Erica made sure that I had my next procedures scheduled as well as referrals made before I left the office. she was very calming and reassuring.
The lab is very efficient. The clinic is very organized and has everting onsite. The staff is very friendly and has clinic hours in the early morning which makes it easy to schedule appointments since I am a teacher. The staff tries their best to stay on schedule with appointment times. The lobby is very welcoming and calming .
total cost $31,000
They prefer single embryo transfers.

2021 - 2023, Successful
1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
Dr Robin is very personable and always seemed to care...gave us exactly what we wanted. A beautiful, healthy baby. I had complications with my retrieval and she did everything to get that under control and better. We also had a successful transfer with no complications
Scheduling [at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine]can be hard sometimes and communication could be better at times. Everyone was always friendly but sometimes seemed rushed or even understaffed at times...was told the wrong mixing ratio on one medication. I was told to start a medication at the wrong time
Dr Robin gave us exactly what we wanted. A beautiful, healthy baby. I had complications with my retrieval and she did everything to get that under control and better. We also had a successful transfer with no complications
Some of your staff needs to communicate better to make you look better
She is very personable and always seemed to care
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine (CCRM Network Clinic). (Assigned nurse: The nurse practitioner Whitney is excellent )
I had great experiences with the NP’s Whitney and Jan. The phlebotomists were also great. I do feel like some of the nurses could do better at Giving me correct information and communicating effectively. However they were all kind and friendly
Scheduling can be hard sometimes and communication could be better at times. Everyone was always friendly but sometimes seemed rushed or even understaffed at times. One time no one even knew I had an appointment and the NP I was supposed to see wasn’t even there.
It was very expensive even with a cancer discount. Thankful my husband was able to afford it. If I was single and wanted to preserve anything, I would not have been able to afford
What specific things went wrong at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine (CCRM Network Clinic)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine (CCRM Network Clinic).
I was told the wrong mixing ratio on one medication. I was told to start a medication at the wrong time. I had an appointment, showed up and the NP I was supposed to see wasn’t there because they forgot to put me on the schedule. I was seen by another NP who was still working

2023, Unknown Success
[Dr. Robin Poe-Zeigler is] nice and she does listen...don’t get much time to talk or ask questions outside your consultation. If you want to ask questions you have to pay for another consultation which is not cheap...For egg retrieval: Follistim, Menopur, doxycycline, ganirelix, royal jelly, Maca root, dexamethasone, hcg trigger For transfer : Doxycycline, estrogen tablet, progesterone injection and suppository, Lovenox, aspirin, Metformin, ocp, prednisone
[New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine (CCRM Network Clinic)] are willing to work with you once your established. Flexible with appointments. Weakness would be just not seeing doc much and at times information not transferred from one to another always accurate...Overall they are pretty good. At times there may be a discrepancy here or there.
She’s nice and she does listen. You just don’t get much time to talk or ask questions outside your consultation. If you want to ask questions you have to pay for another consultation which is not cheap
Be ok with doing most communication through the nurses
When you get to talk to the doctor for consultation she is great. The issue is there are a lot of patients so you only see the doctor and speak to her during consultation or at your procedure. Otherwise everything goes through the nurses
They are willing to work with you once your established. Flexible with appointments. Weakness would be just not seeing doc much and at times information not transferred from one to another always accurate
One retrieval with frozen embryo transfer was $21000. Single transfer is about $4300. Meds cost me $5500
She told me she would only do one embryo transfer at a time
At times had to ask more than once to send in meds

2022 - 2023, Unsuccessful
[Dr. Robin Poe-Zeigler]took time and I never felt rushed...would explain everything to me and write things down so I could take it home...would call after a while to check on what I was thinking I wanted to do next...will do zoom meeting so I didn't have to travel just for a consultation...would call me to discuss things she was thinking about that we could do...would answer my cell phone texts personally...went through testing and they were able to do surgery to fix the issue
[New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine (CCRM Network Clinic) is} Very clean, organized and the wait time was very short. Again when you are given a referral call right away to get in. They are also kind on the phone and will call you back or find someone to get you an answer...understood what they were supposed to do and they treated me with compassion and answered my questions. Since this was the first time of everything for me they explained all of the steps
She took time and I never felt rushed . She would explain everything to me and write things down so I could take it home. She would call after a while to check on what I was thinking I wanted to do next. She will do zoom meeting so I didn't have to travel just for a consultation.
Call her as soon as you can. Listen to her,ask questions and ask her for the the numbers that back up the studies and information.
She personally would call me to discuss things she was thinking about that we could do. She would answer my cell phone texts personally.
I went through testing and they were able to do surgery to fix the issue. After that she explained the best treatment and why. I'm still in the process of treatment but fully believe in her.
They understood what they were supposed to do and they treated me with compassion and answered my questions. Since this was the first time of everything for me they explained all of the steps.
My insurance does cover any infertility treatments. The costs are expensive but the care that I am receiving is worth it.
2019 - 2023, Unsuccessful
Dr. Robin is amazing! She takes her time with each patient. With great length she made sure we understood what was happening. After the failed cycle she quickly got another plan together. Ensure she explains what is happening...Egg retrieval, transfer, tubal litigation, failed cycle...Do your own research, although she is the Dr you know your body. She make sure you know everything that is happening genetically with yourself...
[New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine (CCRM Network Clinic)] A lot of patients and fast growing. Appts might not be available. (Very rare) delay in letting patients know results. Strengths: great at communicating, understanding and showed empathy...Available at all times, responded any time I needed them...Day of failed cycle- I know before the nurses called due to the test results being posted on my portal...Then I called the office a few times and they didn’t call right back or relay that it was a failed cycle.
Dr. Robin is amazing! She takes her time with each patient. With great length she made sure we understood what was happening. After the failed cycle she quickly got another plan together. Ensure she explains what is happening. I thank her for caring for me and looking forward to the next cycle. Thank you.
Dr. Robin takes her time with each patient. Although I had a failed cycle she ensured this next cycle I go into is not the exact and testing to ensure everything goes smoothly.
Egg retrieval, transfer, tubal litigation, failed cycle
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine (CCRM Network Clinic). (Assigned nurse: Shawna)
Available at all times, responded any time I needed them.
A lot of patients and fast growing. Appts might not be available. (Very rare) delay in letting patients know results. Strengths: all of the previous enteries stated the team was great at communicating, understanding and showed empathy.
23,000 for retrieval, 4500 for transfer
None
Day of failed cycle- I know before the nurses called due to the test results being posted on my portal. So I was rather hurt due to seeing it before I actually heard from them. Then I called the office a few times and they didn’t call right back or relay that it was a failed cycle.

2023, Unknown Success
Dr. Robin explains everything in detail to where you and your family can understand. If she thinks something is not right or correct, she will tell you. I am a high risk patient and she wants the best treatment possible for my life and my future baby...Trust in Robin’s ability and judgement. If she can not find answers , she would find the right people that would...Dr. Robin is helping me every possible way she can. She wants to see myself and my husband’s and mine baby in safe hands. I trust our lives in your hands.
[New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine] Strengths are the people working in back. Helping me find the right people. Helping with any questions I had. Response time are quick. Weaknesses I would have to say are people working in the front with communication...Dr. Robin explains everything in detail to where you and your family can understand. If she thinks something is not right or correct, she will tell you. I am a high risk patient and she wants the best treatment possible for my life and my future baby.
We are just staring our journey for future.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine (CCRM Network Clinic). (Assigned nurse: Erica)
When I need questions answered, she would take the time and find out for me. When I was feeling that things were not going due to time she consulted me calmly.
Having someone carrying our baby cost around $35,000. Clinic cost around $13,000. Donor egg around $20,000.
We have not come to this stage yet.

2023, Unknown Success
Dr. Robin is the most compassionate human to enter our lives. She loves what she does and loves her patients. She makes you feel like family from day one!...makes you feel like you are the only important person at the time she is with you...understands your pain and struggles and wants so badly to help you on your journey
The clinic [New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine (CCRM Network Clinic)] in itself is wonderful! It’s not just a clinic it’s home away from home since you spend so much time with them! Just trust in the process! They will walk you through every step and answer any questions you have...has nothing but compassion her patients! She can empathize with them and understands their pain and struggles
Dr. Robin is the most compassionate human to enter our lives. She loves what she does and loves her patients. She makes you feel like family from day one! I could not ask for anyone better than her to take of me!
Trust in the process! It may not seem easy or fair but trust that everything you experience makes you that much stronger to keep moving forward!
She makes you feel like you are the only important person at the time she is with you. She understands your pain and struggles and wants so badly to help you on your journey. You are family one a you walk into her life and her teams life!
Describe your experience with your nurse at New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine (CCRM Network Clinic). (Assigned nurse: Whitney Cotton)
She has nothing but compassion her patients! She can empathize with them and understands their pain and struggles! She always has a smile and is ready for you!
The clinic in itself is wonderful! It’s not just a clinic it’s home away from home since you spend so much time with them! Just trust in the process! They will walk you through every step and answer any questions you have!

2023, Unknown Success
Dr. Robin is amazing she gave me hope and she had faith in me. She even gave me her number to message her with any concerns. When we were doing my embryo transfer it was just like she is apart of the family and she made me feel welcomed...did have to take hormones injection and different medications
[New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine (CCRM Network Clinic)] make you feel like you have a support system through everything your going through with ivf...any questions they answer as soon as they can...I could just call them and they would help me or if it's after hours the y had a nurse that would help you...They were amazing and did amazing job.
You are in good hands
I was treated like a human. Everyone was kind and knew my name. I love Dr. Robin she gave me hope and had faith but end the it failed anyway but that is not her fault. I'm very grateful to her
I don't remember all my protocol s but I did have to take hormones injection and different medications
They were amazing and did amazing job.
They make you feel like you have a support system through everything your going through with ivf. If you have any questions they answer as soon as they can. There was times I would go and forget things I was told and I could just call them and they would help me or if it's after hours the y had a nurse that would help you.
Ivf is not cheap and it's like that anywhere you go

2023, Unknown Success
Dr Poe-Zeigler truly cares about her patients...takes the time to get to know each of her patients and what their goals are. After my egg retrieval and hysterscopy, she had a doctor reach out the next day to see how I am feeling and had any questions...recognizes that going thru infertility treatment is hard on patients...does a good job of personalizing your treatment but also how she responds to you
Strength [of New Hope Center for Reproductive Medicine (CCRM Network Clinic)]- all very knowledgeable and welcoming no matter who you are working with... typically reply back same day, or next morning which is helpful...Opps- the patient portal is not updated with lab results or visit summaries
I think Dr Poe-Zeigler truly cares about her patients. She takes the time to get to know each of her patients and what their goals are. After my egg retrieval and hysterscopy, she had a doctor reach out the next day to see how I am feeling and had any questions, which I thought was very nice
The doctor recognizes that going thru infertility treatment is hard on patients. She does a good job of personalizing your treatment but also how she responds to you
Strength- all very knowledgeable and welcoming no matter who you are working with. If you have a question or send a message to a member of your care team, they typically reply back same day, or next morning which is helpful Opps- the patient portal is not updated with lab results or visit summaries,