LGBTQ+ Competent Care
LGBTQ+ Competent Care

Based on reviews from the LGBTQ+ community.

LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

123 W. 79th St

2017 - 2019, Successful
Ask as many questions as you need to. Dr. Luk will take the time to answer them. You can also email her...my husband and I had several in depth meetings with Dr. Luk to discuss the next course of treatment and/or weigh options...Due to poor results from the last two cycles Dr. Luk decided to change direction and try a lupron micro-flare going for quality over quantity; 12 eggs retrieved, 3 made it to freeze; 2/3 were PGS normal...transferred two PGS normal embryos again with an immune protocol; now 20 weeks pregnant with one
Dr. Luk and Dr. Nejat [at Neway Medical] both suggested transferring two embryos after I experienced two chemical pregnancies with PGS tested embryos. They did not take this decision lightly and thoroughly reviewed all the risks with me. In the end I am grateful that they were open to this possibility as I became pregnant with a singleton from this transfer...Despite how busy the clinic is, ultimately it's much smaller than most other clinics, so you will see the same doctor(s), nurses, and front desk staff over and over. It's nice to see familiar faces, and I never felt as though I was treated like a number.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
Dr. Luk is very high energy and extremely intelligent. As others have said, she will speak quickly, and you need to be prepared to slow down and ask questions as needed. I have the impression that she is so passionate about her work and so knowledgeable that her mind is going a million miles an minute. However, she is brilliant at what she does and specifically in designing a protocol and adjusting protocols according to each patient's needs. I also found her demeanor to be super friendly and positive.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
Ask as many questions as you need to. Dr. Luk will take the time to answer them. You can also email her and/or the nursing staff with questions; if it's a question best answered by Dr. Luk she will respond. Lastly, my husband and I had several in depth meetings with Dr. Luk to discuss the next course of treatment and/or weigh options. Ask for what you need.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
Although Generation Next got busier and busier throughout the time I was treated by Dr. Luk, I always felt warmly greeted by the front desk, nurses, and Drs. Luk and Nejat.
Describe the protocols Janelle Luk used in your cycles at Neway Medical and their degree of success.
Cycle 1: Antagonist Protocol; 17 eggs retrieved, 0 made it to blast. Moderate OHSS following this cycle. Cycle 2: Antagonist Protocol was done with lower doses of stims following the results of my first cycle as Dr. Luk wanted to avoid poor egg quality caused by stims and also avoid OHSS. 12 eggs retrieved, 2 made it to blast. Fresh 5 day transfer of 2 embryos, negative pregnancy test Cycle 3 (freeze all): Due to poor results from the last two cycles Dr. Luk decided to change direction and try a lupron micro-flare going for quality over quantity; 12 eggs retrieved, 3 made it to freeze; 2/3 were PGS normal. I planned to freeze all this cycle to bank embryos and do another retrieval after. Cycle 4 (freeze all): repeat of the same Lupron Micro-Flare protocol; 9 retrieved, 4 made it to freeze, 4 were PGS normal. FET 1: eSET of one PGS tested normal embryo; chemical pregnancy FET 2: eSET of one PGS tested normal embryo with an immune protocol; chemical pregnancy FET 3: transferred two PGS normal embryos again with an immune protocol; now 20 weeks pregnant with one
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Neway Medical.
The nursing staff here is fantastic. They are warm, friendly, and organized. The best part about them is that they are readily available via email to a general email, and nearly always call or email back right away.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The best part of this clinic is that they are very technology savvy. All results are posted to a portal accessible via an iPhone app; you have email addresses for your doctor(s), the nursing staff, and the reception. Communication is easy and fast. This was the primary reason I switched to this clinic, and it made treatment much less stressful as I didn't have to worry about missing a phone call and not being able to speak to a nurse about a question I had. Generation Next got busier and busier during the time I was treated here. That did mean that wait times increased, however I found that if I was able to go in at the tail end of monitoring hours (10:30 am) when most others are not available to go in, I was in and out within 20 minutes. The waiting area wasn't the most comfortable, however the facility itself was newly renovated and sparkling clean. They are now moving to a new floor where it will be more comfortable and they'll have more room. They also have coffee in the waiting room which is a nice touch. Despite how busy the clinic is, ultimately it's much smaller than most other clinics, so you will see the same doctor(s), nurses, and front desk staff over and over. It's nice to see familiar faces, and I never felt as though I was treated like a number.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Neway Medical.
At the end of my time here monitoring hours were from 7am until 10:30am. Around 7:30-8am the wait could get quite long, however the office always felt like a well-oiled machine getting patients in and out as quickly as they could. Going towards the end of monitoring hours meant that there were very few people waiting. I nearly always saw my doctor at the beginning of treatment, Towards the end they did need to add a few ultrasound technicians to help move monitoring along, however you could always speak to your doctor if needed or ask as many questions as needed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Janelle Luk at Neway Medical.
100% covered by insurance except PGS testing and anesthesiology.
Describe Janelle Luk's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Neway Medical.
Dr. Luk and Dr. Nejat both suggested transferring two embryos after I experienced two chemical pregnancies with PGS tested embryos. They did not take this decision lightly and thoroughly reviewed all the risks with me. In the end I am grateful that they were open to this possibility as I became pregnant with a singleton from this transfer.
Janelle Luk
2024, 8 Eggs Frozen
3 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. Kort gave me his email address to send my medical records, and any time I had questions, I was able to reach him directly...was at every single monitoring appointment and conducted my retrieval...he treated me like a person and I felt like he really cared about me as a patient.
[Neway Medical] is a smaller clinic...Your doctor is present at every appointment...staff knows your name...in the process of transferring my frozen specimens over to Neway as well, since I had such a positive experience there...nursing staff were great! They were super responsive...Lindsay & Cecilia, who were both great!
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
After my initial consultation, Dr. Kort gave me his email address to send my medical records, and any time I had questions, I was able to reach him directly. I talked to him about my prior experiences and how I felt misled by my previous clinic, so he made it a point to be upfront and honest with his expectations. He was at every single monitoring appointment and conducted my retrieval, which made a huge difference as well. At my prior clinic, which was a larger chain, I didn't even see my doctor during my first round. The experience with Dr. Kort and Neway was night and day. I can't recommend Dr. Kort enough, he treated me like a person and I felt like he really cared about me as a patient.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Schedule your consultation! I wish I had gone to Dr. Kort sooner. He looked at my prior records and made custom recommendations about how we could improve the outcome. He was kind and empathetic, making it a point to be available.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
I found Dr. Kort after reading reviews online and I was not disappointed! He never pushed me to do additional rounds and he was always honest and upfront with me. I felt like he genuinely cared about the outcome of my retrieval and we were working as a team to get the intended results.
Describe the protocols Daniel Kort used in your cycles at Neway Medical and their degree of success.
At my prior clinic, I started at a 300 dose of Gonal and 150 of Menopur. Dr. Kort started me at 225 Gonal and 150 Menopur. I was also doing 15-day cycles at my previous clinic, whereas with Dr. Kort, we did 10 days. My prior clinic had me prep with Estrogen patches and Clomid, which we didn't do this time around. Dr. Kort also let the few M1 eggs that they retreived mature overnight, which I don't believe my last clinic did. They just froze the M1 eggs in the hopes that the "science will change" by the time we're ready to use them.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay Blackburn)
The nursing staff were great! They were super responsive and I was able to send them a quick note any time I have questions. I worked closely with Lindsay & Cecilia, who were both great!
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
This is a smaller clinic, but that's actually what I loved about it. Your doctor is present at every appointment, and the staff knows your name, unlike other clinics where you just feel like a number. I'm actually in the process of transferring my frozen specimens over to Neway as well, since I had such a positive experience there. Everyone from Dr. Kort to the billing department is incredibly responsive and kind.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Kort at Neway Medical.
As many will know, fertility treatments are not cheap, but I found the pricing at Neway to be very fair. When I first made the appointment, they were in my insurance network, but unfortunately, they left by the time I started my cycle. Regardless, it was still cheaper than some of the larger clinics. It cost $6,500 for an egg-freezing cycle and $600 for anesthesia. If you are in network, they can charge your insurance for the monitoring appointments and it will be cheaper.

2023, Successful
Dr. Kort demonstrated a level of compassion and dedication that truly made me feel seen and valued...was patient, listened to all my concerns, ensured that I felt both heard & empowered to make my own decisions...never made to feel rushed, or like any of my questions or concerns were silly or overly anxious
Strengths [of Neway Medical] were communication & kindness...program coordinator was on point, she was so helpful with finding us the best price for our medications...any questions we could get a response almost immediately, or a call-back promptly...THE BEST. They were so kind, so gentle. It was so lovely to see the same familiar faces each time.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
I can honestly say that I’ll miss Dr. Kort! Where to begin? After a frankly atrocious experience at RMA Brooklyn, I was upset and exasperated with all things IVF, which, according to more than one doctor, was our only means for getting pregnant. A friend of mine who was a patient of Dr. Kort’s the year prior couldn't recommend him enough. While RMA Brooklyn was an 8-minute walk from my apartment, and Neway 45 minutes on the subway, after my husband and I went for a consult, we knew immediately that the commute was worth it for the drastically improved experience. He was kind, caring, a good listener; he had read my file, asked questions, and allowed us all the time in the world to ask questions. Having the same doctor throughout my entire treatment made me feel like I really had someone who knew my case, knew me, was invested in the outcome, and brought a superb level of care and humanity to the entire experience. Emails and phone calls were returned promptly; there was just so much kindness to the care—honestly, unlike any other doctor, IVF or otherwise, I’ve experienced in my 15 years of living in NY.
Be completely open with him about your entire medical history/needs/hopes, he'll *actually* listen and pay attention, while also managing expectations with kindness.
I cannot express enough how grateful I am for the exceptional care and support I received from Dr. Kort & his team. From the very first appointment, Dr. Kort demonstrated a level of compassion and dedication that truly made me feel seen and valued, not just as a patient, but as an individual (unlike the atrocious experience that we'd had previously at RMA Brooklyn). He was patient, listened to all my concerns, ensured that I felt both heard & empowered to make my own decisions. The environment always felt supportive and caring, the small size of the team made seeing familiar faces for every visit so much more enjoyable. I was floored by quickly my queries were responded to (trying to get a hold of a nurse of doctor at RMA was like pulling teeth). I was never made to feel rushed, or like any of my questions or concerns were silly or overly anxious. All the staff were just so warm & lovely. I felt safe while on such an anxiety inducing journey.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
No weaknesses as far as I was concerned. Strengths were communication & kindness. Our program coordinator was on point, she was so helpful with finding us the best price for our medications, and by the time we got home there was already an update & instructions in the portal after each visit. If we had any questions we could get a response almost immediately, or a call-back promptly (at RMA Brooklyn it would take days to get a call back, if you got one at all). Sometimes the app was a bit glitchy but I just stuck to using the website and had no problems there.
We were fortunate to have good healthcare coverage provided through work, so approximately 90% of our costs were covered. However, when we started, we anticipated our costs being out of pocket as we thought we'd maxed out our healthcare, and part of the reason we selected Neway was their easy-to-understand, transparent cost breakdown, and competitive pricing. Once Aetna granted coverage, the costs obviously changed; I can't recall what they were specifically. A big shoutout to Cecilia, who helped us find the best price for our meds!

2022 - 2023, Successful
2 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
1 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs (cancer)
I had access to his team and Dr. Kort anytime and [he] has always reiterated to me that he’d monitor my progress everyday if he needed to...[he] is very up-to-date on cutting edge fertility protocols and techniques which makes me trust him even more. Dr. Kort was always the doctor who did all of my USs and tracked my bloodwork progress, he was very careful and adjusted the fertility protocol accordingly, even on short 6-8hr notice at times
Availability of the doctors and staff is invaluable and is a huge strength of Neway. The doctors and the staff pay incredible attention to each patient and make you feel like you are their only patient. The clinic has state of the art technology and embryology lab so it’s really well funded with the bonus of providing a very personalized treatment for each patient...[nurses were] Very helpful with any questions we’ve had. Typical Response time was less than 15minutes.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Dr. Kort is extremely knowledgeable! In fact, sometimes I would send him primary ligature covering fertility outcome clinical trials and we would discuss the findings and limitations of each together. Dr. Kort is very up-to-date on cutting edge fertility protocols and techniques which makes me trust him even more. Dr. Kort was always the doctor who did all of my USs and tracked my bloodwork progress, he was very careful and adjusted the fertility protocol accordingly, even on short 6-8hr notice at times. He always made sure we were heading towards the best possible outcome. From a bedside manner perspective, Dr. Kort is very gentle and caring and his deep care for his patients comes through during each visit.
Ask a lot of questions and trust the process with Dr. Kort. Please allow flexibility for your process because Dr. Kort may want to see you every day which will benefit you and your journey to completing your family.
I’ve had the experience of feeling like a number at my first fertility clinic in Chicago. That said, once I connected with Dr. Kort and his team I immediately knew that this team would care for me like family. I had access to his team and Dr. Kort anytime and Dr. Kort has always reiterated to me that he’d monitor my progress everyday if he needed to. Knowing that my fertility success was top of mind for Dr Kort was always obvious.
We performed two egg retrieval cycles back to back in an effort to be able to freeze as many embryos as possible and very quickly because I was going to begin breast cancer treatment. First cycle produced 27 eggs and 15 embryos 8 of which were biopsied and frozen. Second cycle produced 21 eggs, 14 embryos and 5 were biopsied and frozen. Fast forward 16 months, I completed breast cancer treatment and we did a 5day frozen embryo transfer which implanted and we are now 10weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: Cecilia )
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Availability of the doctors and staff is invaluable and is a huge strength of Neway. The doctors and the staff pay incredible attention to each patient and make you feel like you are their only patient. The clinic has state of the art technology and embryology lab so it’s really well funded with the bonus of providing a very personalized treatment for each patient. Weakness: I wish Dr. Kort and his team could be available world-wide because everyone who wishes to complete their family deserves the best possible care and that’s what Dr.Kort and Neway provide.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Neway Medical.
Because at times I flew in for monitoring from another state, my window was flexible. Otherwise the Dr. Kort suggested anytime in the morning.
While we paid some amount OUP, Dr. Kort’s team was able to help us apply for state funding due to breast cancer diagnosis.
Describe Daniel Kort's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Neway Medical.
Each case is different; your family goal and time you have left to get there. Dr. Kort connected us with a team of experts in this field and we discussed pros and cons of a single vs double embryo transfer. Dr. Kort was very accommodating and sough the recommendation of the experts which my husband and I agreed with.

2021 - 2023, Unknown Success
4 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. Kort has a very natural compassionate bedside manner with crystal clear communication and a genuine interest in helping you build your family. He sets realistic expectations with a healthy dose of positivity and investigates all options. If things don’t go as hoped and the news is disappointing, he is there to support you with gentle encouragement...has the warmest most genuine bedside manner and always makes himself available to you to answer questions or just check in on how you are feeling.
This [Neway Medical] clinic has a much more personal and friendly feel than many of the larger clinics that are part of a nationwide chain. The clinic staff is efficient and easy to communicate with. Medication and billing mistakes happen at every clinic and were relatively easy to resolve...Dr. Kort has the warmest most genuine bedside manner and always makes himself available to you to answer questions or just check in on how you are feeling.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
As a physician myself who went through 4 egg retrievals prior to meeting Dr. Kort, I never understood how important bedside manner was until meeting him. It made all the difference during such a difficult time.
I am a high-responder with a high AFC and 1 natural pregnancy without issue. For all three cycles, Dr. Kort prescribed relatively gentle stimulation with Menopur, Gonal F, and Ganirelix. He used a Lupron only trigger which was much preferred over the dual Lupron/Pregnyl trigger I was prescribed at CCRM in Denver. With Dr. Kort, a total of 83 eggs retrieved, 9 embryos frozen for PGS, 1 euploid. Unfortunately our euploid transfer failed and this was our 6th IVF cycle + 1 egg retrieval/thaw/fertilization @ CCRM Denver. At this point we decided to find an egg donor. The first donor transfer failed so Dr. Kort astutely suggested a hysteroscopy to rule out a septum and/or scar. I did have a hysteroscopy at the prior clinic but it was an in office CO2 insufflation hysteroscopy lasting all of 2 minutes… Dr. Kort found a small fundal septum/scar which he debrided and I went back for a second look 1 month later to assess healing. Fast forward to our second donor transfer a few weeks ago and I am now in my first trimester.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Neway Medical.
The nursing staff was excellent.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
This clinic has a much more personal and friendly feel than many of the larger clinics that are part of a nationwide chain. The clinic staff is efficient and easy to communicate with. Medication and billing mistakes happen at every clinic and were relatively easy to resolve.
Each transfer was a single embryo transfer.

2021 - 2023, Successful
1 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. Wang is so knowledgeable and humble. He shares his knowledge and explains everything clearly. He provides options and will give you his opinion on which route to take, but will also defer to you and enable you to make informed decisions about your care...I am 41 and have had so much unexpected success working with Dr. Wang...He is so personable and relatable. We have a great rapport. He is extremely responsive and attentive. I truly feel like he cares about me.
I love the nurses at Neway. They are genuinely nice people...It's a great clinic. Clean, modern, easy to get to from Connecticut. Street parking is sometimes possible, but there are also nearby garages if you can't find a spot. The procedure room is a little tight, but that's to be expected in the city. I was a patient at Dr. Wang's Greenwich location first, so I was used to larger exam and procedure rooms.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Neway Medical?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Wang at Neway Medical?
This is THE doctor to work with. He and his embryology team are incredible. I am 41 and have had so much unexpected success working with Dr. Wang.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Wang at Neway Medical?
Dr. Wang is no ordinary doctor. He is so personable and relatable. We have a great rapport. He is extremely responsive and attentive. I truly feel like he cares about me.
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Wang used in your cycles at Neway Medical and their degree of success.
The protocol changes based on hormone levels. I usually take 300 of Gonal F for a week, then add in 75 of menopur, 1 cetrotide, and 20 ml (?) of HGH for several days before an egg retrieval. Sometimes the Gonal F will be lowered to 225.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: Kelly Hildreth)
I love the nurses at Neway. They are genuinely nice people.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Wang at Neway Medical.
All my costs were covered by my insurance except for one medication - HGH. I had to pay $350 each cycle for that one medication, but it was not required.
Describe Jeffrey Wang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Neway Medical.
I am glad Dr. Wang would only transfer one embryo at a time due to my age. People don't realize that embryos can split and you can end up with multiples even if you transfer one embryo. I am relieved to have had a successful pregnancy and a healthy singleton.
Jeffrey Wang

2022 - 2023, Successful
The [Neway Medical] clinic is a smaller boutique clinic, with highly qualified doctors and staff. The smaller size of the fertility clinic will make you feel at home, ensure you have a very personal and comfortable journey, with limited stress and waiting times...Fertility is a complicated and fragile journey. Dr. Kort and the Neway clinic are there for you at all times. I felt confident, and had full trust in the care that was provided to me throughout my entire journey. I will hopefully continue this journey in case I would like more children and would absolutely stay with this clinic. You will feel treated like a human being, there are no long waiting times for visits, if anything comes up you can always come by for a check. It is simply a very personal and great experience to be treated with Dr. Kort.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Dr. Kort is a very knowledgeable, professional, and excellent doctor. Besides the human interaction and great bedside manners, I felt confident at all times that any recommendations, diagnosis, treatment, and decisions on usage of medication were backed with years of experience and scientific research. At all times, Dr. Kort will very clearly explain all the possible scenarios and outcomes. He will provide you with all the information for you to make a decision, without ever convincing you to go in a certain direction. I never had a doubt or even felt the need to go look for a second opinion. The surgeons and outside clinics he recommends in case needed (I needed a surgery and some outside testing) were all excellent.
Dr. Kort is the most thoughtful, delicate and human doctor I could have wished for. He is aware of your personal situation, always interested in what is going on in your life, and invests in the personal relationship without losing any professionalism. I felt at home during every single visit, which made the entire fertility journey comfortable and positive, even during rough times.
For my egg retrieval I took 10 days of injections at home, my body reacted well and I was closely followed by the clinic. For both of my embryo transfers I followed a "natural" cycle, which reduced the need for medication. I never felt that I was over using medication and both my physical and mental wellbeing was monitored at all times.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: Cecilia Choe)
Cecilia and the entire staff were extremely responsive, delicate and very caring. The communication was very timely and clear at all times. I never felt like I was left with questions. Whenever I had worries, pain or any other reasons I wanted to connect with the clinic I received an answer very soon. I felt in good hands.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The clinic is a smaller boutique clinic, with highly qualified doctors and staff. The smaller size of the fertility clinic will make you feel at home, ensure you have a very personal and comfortable journey, with limited stress and waiting times.
The costs were fully covered, only the genetic testing of the embryo's was not covered and at own expense. This was a personal choice and is not mandatory to perform.
Dr. Kort will prefer to transfer 1 embryo, which given the high success rate is absolutely sufficient. Every transfer there is a 70-85% success rate (in my case).

2023, Successful
I had a great experience with Dr. Kort and I would recommend to anyone who seeks fertility treatment. From day one until the end of my treatment, he was very hands on and very detailed with all my screenings. He listens his patients carefully and makes sure his patients are comfortable with the progress...comforting me during this stressful process. He is very responsive to my emails, even it’s on a weekend. Always available when I need to have a visit last minute. So happy that I completed my treatment with him.
The [Neway Medical] clinic is very efficient. My in and out visits were never more than 20-25 minutes. There is no waiting time which I loved the most-especially there were times that I had been there 4-5 times a week...Nurses in Neway were all amazing. My primary contact was Nurse Cecilia and she did an amazing job. She was very hands on, very informative and very proactive with my visits. I never needed to follow up on anything regarding my visits, because I knew that Cecilia was on top of everything. I couldn’t thank more to Cecilia and her amazing nurse team.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
I had a great experience with Dr. Kort and I would recommend to anyone who seeks fertility treatment. From day one until the end of my treatment, he was very hands on and very detailed with all my screenings. He listens his patients carefully and makes sure his patients are comfortable with the progress. I’m overly cautious with my ovulation time, so he made sure to see me more often, so we wouldn’t miss my ovulation. My experience with Dr. Kort was all about comforting me during this stressful process. He is very responsive to my emails, even it’s on a weekend. Always available when I need to have a visit last minute. So happy that I completed my treatment with him.
I couldn’t ask for a better doctor. I was mainly looking for a doctor who is hands on, successful, strong with bedside manner, informative and who understands his patients. He was definitely a right fit for me in this process. Highly recommend!
Dr. Kort’s bedside manner is amazing. He is very positive, emphatetic and informative. It’s so important to have a doctor who understands their patient and emphatize what they have been through. He explained thoroughly what the issue was and was able to provide solutions.
I had IUI treatment with Dr. Kort (twice). He prescribed me low dose letrozole and started screenings every month to follow my ovulation. He also prescribed me Ovidrel to inject before IUI day. Two of my IUI’s were unfortunately unsuccessful, but in the process of my third IUI, I got pregnant before we did IUI insemination. I have a very short ovulation window and Dr. Kort quickly understood this. That’s why he guided us on dates to be sexually active if my ovulation is expected in a Sunday (where the clinic is closed) so that I wouldn’t miss a cycle and that’s when I got pregnant thanks to his guidance.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The clinic is very efficient. My in and out visits were never more than 20-25 minutes. There is no waiting time which I loved the most-especially there were times that I had been there 4-5 times a week.

2023, Successful
Dr. Kort practices the exact opposite of a "one size fits all" approach to medicine. He took my fears seriously - primarily about the hormone injections - and worked with me to create a schedule that I was comfortable with, but that also got great results. He's one of the kindest and most knowledgeable doctors I've ever had...Dr. Kort performed 95 percent of my ultrasounds (the other 5 percent were by his awesome partner when Dr. Kort was on his days off). He's punctual, empathetic, and compassionate. I was a nervous wreck - no, seriously - and he always made things calm and chill.
No weaknesses I can think of [at Neway Medical]! To reiterate, everyone was kind, welcoming, and accommodating. Personalized experience. Great doctor and staff. I'd only recommend you take the subway or an Uber because parking is kinda bananas...One of the unique things about Neway is that you see your doctor every visit. Dr. Kort performed 95 percent of my ultrasounds (the other 5 percent were by his awesome partner when Dr. Kort was on his days off). He's punctual, empathetic, and compassionate. I was a nervous wreck - no, seriously - and he always made things calm and chill.
Yes! Go!
At my first consultation, I expressed that I wanted to do IVM instead of IVF because I was afraid of the injections. Dr. Kort made it clear this wasn't the optimal option but agreed it would be okay as a first try. I ended up taking 150 units of Gonal-F for two days, then a 10,000 HCG trigger. I got one mature egg (not shocking as this was basically a natural cycle), but it resulted in a normal 5ab embryo! In this recent round, I was going to take 250 units of Gonal-F for four days but ended up only taking it for two because of side effects. However, this resulted in 5 embryos that were sent out for testing this morning.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: Cecilia)
Cecilia is awesome!! She literally came to my house to give me the injections because I was too chicken to have my husband do them (and she didn't make me feel bad that I felt this way). She was also punctual with ordering meds and made sure everything ran smoothly. Lover her!
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
No weaknesses I can think of! To reiterate, everyone was kind, welcoming, and accommodating. Personalized experience. Great doctor and staff. I'd only recommend you take the subway or an Uber because parking is kinda bananas if you don't arrive like right after alt side parking.
Neway was covered by my insurance! I believe the only thing I paid out of pocket was the embryo biopsy and freezing.

2022, Successful
1 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. Kort is easily the most kind and warm doctor I have even encountered (I am in healthcare and work with doctors on a daily basis). His bedside manor is something I have never seen and he is hands on - email, text, phone calls...does everything himself; he knows your name and your details without consulting your chart. He is personally vested in your (and your partner) outcome and results. He has the right combination of optimism and realistic expectations...
nursing and staff [at Neway Medical] is next level! From Seon Joon (tending to my needs very warmly and patiently in the OR), Angelica (upbeat friendly smile with blood draws and she is a PRP "liquid gold" master), Shameeka (high energy, can always make you laugh during emotional times!) and the entire team...For monitoring I would be in and out in under 15 minutes (and yes that includes seeing Dr Kort). Note if you wanted more time they would accommodate but with my job I needed this level of efficiency...
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Dr. Kort does everything himself; he knows your name and your details without consulting your chart. He is personally vested in your (and your partner) outcome and results. He has the right combination of optimism and realistic expectations.
Look no further and visit with Dr. Kort. I had been to a clinic prior and during the summer attended another clinic due to travel logistics and Dr Kort is hands down the best fertility doctor I have met. He knows all the cutting edge options and is open minded to achieve your results. You are not a number and he cares. This is an emotional journey and you want Dr. Kort in your corner. I now travel over an hour for each appointment because no one compares to Dr. Kort. It is worth it!
Dr. Kort is easily the most kind and warm doctor I have even encountered (I am in healthcare and work with doctors on a daily basis). His bedside manor is something I have never seen and he is hands on - email, text, phone calls. He is easily the best doctor I have worked with!
I am older patient (43 yo) and my levels (FSH) are high (>15) indicating diminished ovarian reserve. I have naturally conceived twin boys at 34yo and have always been regular with my cycle and ovulation. Other doctors I visited were negative, made rude comments about my age and instantly said donor eggs. I wanted to at least try with my eggs. Given how elevated my levels were Dr Kort suggested we try natural (aka no medication). The first round he retrieved one egg, fertilized and made it to day 4. The second round we tried PRP. Dr Kort retrieved 1 egg, fertilized, frozen embryo and generic test are it is good!! The most recent round he retrieved 2 eggs, 1 was able to make it to blast and I am awaiting genetic results. Dr Kort understands my body and appreciates that no two patients are alike. He has a unique blend of being a wicked smart doctor (which is what you want) but also being a human!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Neway Medical.
If I think Dr Kort is amazing his nursing and staff is next level! From Seon Joon (tending to my needs very warmly and patiently in the OR), Angelica (upbeat friendly smile with blood draws and she is a PRP "liquid gold" master), Shameeka (high energy, can always make you laugh during emotional times!) and the entire team! I simply love the entire team!
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Strengths: fast, efficient & accommodating. For monitoring I would be in and out in under 15 minutes (and yes that includes seeing Dr Kort). Note if you wanted more time they would accommodate but with my job I needed this level of efficiency Weakness: none.
My insurance doesn't cover IVF so it is expensive but compared to other NYC clinics Neway is reasonably priced. I do know Neway will take insurance if you are luck enough to have insurance that covers it!
Please note I have had other friends with Dr Kort and he takes different approaches per the patient needs! He is AMAZING

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr Kort is deeply knowledgeable and very empathetic...His approach is very hands-on in that one sees him at every ultrasound appointment and he performs the retrieval, transfer process etc himself. He is also extremely accessible and never rushes through an appointment, taking the time to answer all questions and ensuring one is super comfortable with the process and what's going on. He ensured to modify the treatment to best suit my needs to maximize success...
The doctor and nursing staff [at Neway Medical] were wonderful. The clinic is clean, well maintained and welcoming. The billing staff is challenging to get a hold of. If any of you r procedures involve anesthesia, be aware that the provider may not be covered by your insurance so ensure to check this...They [nurses] were patient with all the follow up questions I had and always ensured to get back to me on any inquiries I sent in via the portal. It was great to have them as an additional resource and I felt supported and cared for the whole time I was at Neway.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Dr Kort is deeply knowledgeable and very empathetic - which is a wonderful combination when going through something as challenging as fertility treatment. His approach is very hands-on in that one sees him at every ultrasound appointment and he performs the retrieval, transfer process etc himself. He is also extremely accessible and never rushes through an appointment, taking the time to answer all questions and ensuring one is super comfortable with the process and what's going on. He ensured to modify the treatment to best suit my needs to maximize success.
Fertility treatment is such a challenge - ask all the questions you have, no matter how trivial they seem!
Dr Kort was patient, kind, knowledgeable and very thorough. He portrayed a deep sense of personal investment in the success of my treatment.
We had one (successful!) IVF cycle that included a mock transfer, ERA while we waited for the genetic testing results followed by a frozen transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: Seon Joon Kim and Shameeka Toro)
Shameeka and Seon were absolutely wonderful! Super responsive, knowledgeable and compassionate. They were patient with all the follow up questions I had and always ensured to get back to me on any inquiries I sent in via the portal. It was great to have them as an additional resource and I felt supported and cared for the whole time I was at Neway.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The doctor and nursing staff were wonderful. The clinic is clean, well maintained and welcoming. The billing staff is challenging to get a hold of. If any of you r procedures involve anesthesia, be aware that the provider may not be covered by your insurance so ensure to check this.
$10-15k
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Neway Medical.
The front desk at the clinic was supposed to send my paperwork over to the OB/GYN following my getting pregnant. This did not happen despite a few follow ups. They also failed to inform me that the anesthesiologist had changed their insurance coverage, and that the anesthesia process was no longer covered by my particular provider (BCBS Empire).
2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr Kort always had a nice and professional manner. It was always nice to see him and I felt he was quick and thorough with enough time to answer any questions I had for him. I also saw him at each of my visits, unless it was just blood work, and this helped me feel comfortable and like more than a number to him...I felt closely monitored before retrievals and the embryo transfer...I wanted a single embryo transfer which Dr. Kort encouraged. If I wanted 2 embryos he would have asked me to see a specialist in high risk births...
They [nurses at Neway Medical] were all very nice and responded to my emails in a timely manner. They were organized and always got my blood pretty quick (I have tough veins sometimes)...they open at 7:30 and sometimes run late as an office. This seems to have improved from when I started. With the business office and insurance I would encourage proactively contacting them so you aren't surprised. Also, ordering medication from freedom fertility always takes longer than you think so give that time...
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Dr. Kort is a nice person and that comes through with every interaction. I also think he's really good at his job and always felt like I was getting the best care possible. I could also email the nurses if I had a question between appointments. I would recommend this practice to anyone looking.
None. Enjoy the process and good luck! For his office, reach out to the business department to make sure you're clear on what your insurance covers and what it doesn't. This is where most of my curveballs came from but they were minor compared to my overall experience.
I felt closely monitored before retrievals and the embryo transfer. If you work really early in the morning this might not be your clinic. They open at 7:30 and before retrievals I went in a couple times a week for blood and ultrasounds. Make sure the timing works for you. My process was pretty smooth so other than these check ins I don't remember specific strategies. I do remember feeling comfortable through it all. Plus, It worked and I'm currently pregnant after my first transfer!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Neway Medical.
They were all very nice and responded to my emails in a timely manner. They were organized and always got my blood pretty quick (I have tough veins sometimes).
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Their strength is the care of the nurses and Dr. Kort. I don't know of any weaknesses, but they open at 7:30 and sometimes run late as an office. This seems to have improved from when I started. With the business office and insurance I would encourage proactively contacting them so you aren't surprised. Also, ordering medication from freedom fertility always takes longer than you think so give that time.
My co-pays were either $30 or $50, which can add up on the weeks you go in multiple times. The medications were mostly covered except for the progesterone shots at the end which were about $500 total. I forget how much the medications were before my embryo retrievals but there was some cost there.
I wanted a single embryo transfer which Dr. Kort encouraged. If I wanted 2 embryos he would have asked me to see a specialist in high risk births. More than 2 embryos and you'll need to find another facility. I don't believe they do that here.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Kort is a wonderful doctor with a great bedside manner. As someone who works with doctors in healthcare, I can confidently say that not only is he knowledgeable and proactive, but he is also easy to talk to and very kind. He made sure we had all of our questions answered and even comforted me the during difficult moments (which did not happen with my previous doctor and most doctors in general). He was also able to answer some questions and fix some things my previous doctor didn’t detect. I could not recommend him enough!
I loved that Neway is a smaller clinic, it was always clean and organized, I never waited long and felt very comfortable there. They included my partner in everything and knew him by name too...Neway was a completely different experience in all of the right ways...I loved the nursing staff! There are two nurses and they were both so wonderful. I was able to communicate with them through an online portal or over the phone and was promptly answered.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
If you are looking for a more personal experience and a bit of hand holding on your fertility journey, this could be the right fit for you.
Dr. Kort and his entire team were very down to earth, warm and friendly throughout the process. Dr. Kort took the time to get to know my partner and I during a difficult time in our lives and was emotionally present for those conversations. Everyone at the clinic knew my name and I felt very comfortable under their care.
We did 2 rounds of embryo transfers after a full work up with Dr. Kort. There was some tissue remaining from a previous miscarriage and/or an occult septum and he removed that prior to the transfers.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Neway Medical.
I loved the nursing staff! There are two nurses and they were both so wonderful. I was able to communicate with them through an online portal or over the phone and was promptly answered. They were also just very kind, easy to talk to and super supportive along the way. Even the medical assistants and phlebotomists and front desk staff were all lovely to work with.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
I loved that Neway is a smaller clinic, it was always clean and organized, I never waited long and felt very comfortable there. They included my partner in everything and knew him by name too! I also enjoyed the location as it was easy to get to as well. I can’t recommend it enough! I was at a very large practice before in another state and found myself feeling disconnected from my doctor and the entire clinic. Neway was a completely different experience in all of the right ways.
We had excellent insurance and it was very easy for us.
He was very professional and aimed to work with SART’s guidelines. He also took the time to explain them to my husband and I.

2017 - 2020, Successful
1 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
[Dr. Kort] was very warm, caring and helpful. He explained things clearly, not talking down to me and not jargon filled either. I was always extremely well informed and an active participant in my decisions and treatment. Amazing bedside manner...He kept me very involved in the process and made sure decisions were mine, not those made by the clinic.
The [Neway Medical] portal as helpful. I always knew my treatment and what to expect. Egg retrieval and transfers went smoothly— I was treated with care throughout the process. Weakness: It took a couple of years to get my bill—that definitely needs to be ironed out...The staff was always warm and welcoming throughout my treatment...It was stressful for me to arrange [monitoring appointments] to be there so early, and they really helped me with that. I was always seen so quickly and on my way to work.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
I had such a wonderful experience with this doctor with my egg freezing at another practice. When I wanted to do IVF (with an new egg retrieval) as a single mother by choice, I found the clinic where he had moved and came for a consultation. I was so happy to continue working with Dr. Kort and very happy with my care and my results! Communication was excellent. I was always comfortable and at ease throughout the entire process. I had a healthy baby boy and have two more embryos (as well as my 14 frozen eggs from my post experience with him for egg freezing. I have referred several good friends to him, and one just completed her egg freezing with him.
Definitely ask any questions or share any concerns. Dr. Kort really cared and really listened. He kept me very involved in the process and made sure decisions were mine, not those made by the clinic.
He was very warm, caring and helpful. He explained things clearly, not talking down to me and not jargon filled either. I was always extremely well informed and an active participant in my decisions and treatment. Amazing bedside manner.
I was in the birth control so came off a few days before I wanted to start the medicines. I did Menopur, Gonal F, and later Cetrotide. My trigger was Lupron which I was so grateful for as I had horrible swelling after Ovidrel with the two cycles of egg freezing. for the transfer. I had 4 embryos created with donor sperm. 3 made it to day 5 and I froze them until I was ready (about 7 months later). I did estrogen for two weeks and then both pio shots every few days and progesterone suppositories. After a few weeks and the positive pregnancy test I had requested to do twice daily shots only as my progesterone and was very happy with that. I had an excellent and healthy pregnancy and am so grateful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: Jenifer (but she is no longer there))
The staff was always warm and welcoming throughout my treatment. They seemed genuinely happy with my pregnancy and when I sent picture and visited with my son.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The portal as helpful. I always knew my treatment and what to expect. Egg retrieval and transfers went smoothly— I was treated with care throughout the process. Weakness: It took a couple of years to get my bill—that definitely needs to be ironed out.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Neway Medical.
They really worked with mg schedule. I am a teacher with an 8 am start time about an hour away. We made it work, and often were able to do things on Saturday (or Friday— my later start day). It was stressful for me to arrange to be there so early, and they really helped me with that. I was always seen so quickly and on my way to work.
I was 80% insured with my job. I got a bill for the retrieval two years later ($1,200). I have not been billed for my transfer yet.
I was given statistics of recommended embryos for my age (I think it was 1-2) and I asked for just 1.
Neway Medical

The thing I like most about Dr. Daniel Kort is that he is supremely confident in what he is doing and is able to transfer that confidence on to you...He was extremely skillful at both the egg retrieval and embryo insertion process. My ovarian position created a minor complication but he handled it pretty well. He was also very responsive and calming when I had a subchorionic hematoma and didn't want me to unnecessarily rush to ER. He was confident it would self-resolve, and it did...
Biggest strength [of Neway Medical] is it is not super crowded and is able to offer personalized attention and care. Location in NYC is extremely convenient, I did not find it difficult to travel from Jersey City, they were flexible with timings as much as possible. The weakness is in their billing team primarily because there is a lot of personnel churn and seem understaffed and not responsive enough.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
The thing I like most about Dr. Daniel Kort is that he is supremely confident in what he is doing and is able to transfer that confidence on to you, while not trying to downplay any chance of less than desired outcome. Every visit was smooth, he spent a lot of time answering questions and was extremely gentle at the bedside. He was extremely skillful at both the egg retrieval and embryo insertion process. My ovarian position created a minor complication but he handled it pretty well. He was also very responsive and calming when I had a subchorionic hematoma and didn't want me to unnecessarily rush to ER. He was confident it would self-resolve, and it did! The transfer process to my regular OB-Gyn was smooth and I am thrilled now that I'm able to care for my newborn daughter!
It makes sense to get all the regular treatment and tests done (both partners) with regular OB-Gyn before consulting a fertility physician (applies to anyone, not just Dr. Kort). Fertility treatment is an expensive and a draining process (very frequent visits and lots of processes), hence it's better to have a targeted objective. I understand not all insurance plans offer flexibility.
Dr. Daniel Kort was very objective and focused on the outcome we were together trying to achieve. He does not set any wrong or misleading expectations. While he relies on evidence as everyone should, he does not waste time trying to make a determination where not required. In my case, there was no apparent cause for infertility. He did not waste time trying to diagnose, rather supported going directly to the IVF process as my insurance also supported it.
Don't remember specifics. Mine was a direct IVF with a retrieval cycle (egg and partner sperm) post stimulation, freezing for genetic abnormality testing and then FET next cycle once the 'normal' embryos was ascertained. 6 eggs were retrieved, all fertilized successfully, 5 were good quality blastocysts, 3 of which had no chromosomal abnormalities.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
All the nurses in the Neway team are good. They thoroughly understand the protocols and are able to guide pretty well. They even offered free supervised administration of injections until my partner and I became confident enough to be able to do it ourselves.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Biggest strength is it is not super crowded and is able to offer personalized attention and care. Location in NYC is extremely convenient, I did not find it difficult to travel from Jersey City, they were flexible with timings as much as possible. The weakness is in their billing team primarily because there is a lot of personnel churn and seem understaffed and not responsive enough. I was lucky enough to be assisted by someone good but she left the practice towards the end. However, they are flexible to an extent
IVF (1 cycle) including single FET - $12-14K approx.
Dr. Kort was strongly against multiple embryo transfer in my case. I understand he would not recommend it unless absolutely warranted in an individual's case where benefits can outweigh the risks.
Neway Medical

I felt comfortable with homey Neway’s environment and loving atmosphere that clinic’s personnel makes you feel. All the nurses were lovely...All retrieval’s and diagnostic tests except PGT testing is done in the house. Neway has an amazing reproductive biologist Dr. Lee who actually deals with your eggs and is responsible for creating embryos. It seems like he is famous for his work.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Dr. Kort’s strength are: Compassionate and dedicated doctor that truly cares about your goals; Honest with what to expect; He is patient with explanations and I never felt rushed at my consultations; Gentle bedside manner; Respect patient’s ability to understand complex information. Goes into details unlike many other doctors. One of his strength is that you can see that he is truly on your team. In the middle of my third cycle, the ultrasound wasn’t showing as many eggs as I would like (less than in my last two cycles). He informed me about it and gave me a choice to stop this cycle and wait till the next, which meant more work for him but it would transfer the fee I paid for my last cycle toward the next in hopes of harvesting more eggs. I ended up going forward with finishing that cycle that I was half-way through with and received an unexpectedly great results creating 3 PGT-tested embryos. I was technically taking a risk of having an unproductive cycle but I just felt very positive that even with low egg count, it will all work out. What he did that was super helpful is that he presented all the information to me but listened to my intuition. Dr. Kort’s calm confident energy really helped me to get through some dark thoughts. I changed partner (life happens!) after the first IVF cycle and was nervous if I would still be taken seriously and treated the same way in the clinic but I was treated with complete professionalism and respect through this tough period of my life by Dr. Kort whose concerns were my well-being and my goal of having a family at the end of all that.
Ask a lot of questions
After visiting 5 different clinics and being assessed by 5 different doctors in the city, I found Dr. Kort’s approach and communication from the start the most fitting for me. It was respectful of my ability to understand some more complex information and never dismissive of any of my questions (and I had a lot of those!). Besides feeling that he truly cares about his patients, and legitimately knows what he is doing, I felt comfortable with homey Neway’s environment and loving atmosphere that clinic’s personnel makes you feel. All the nurses were lovely! Other clinics felt like “baby-factories” with dozens of patients sitting in the wait rooms or white futuristic spaceships with cold and distant staff. While being realistic about my prognoses, Dr. Kort gave me pretty clear understanding of my options and was honest regarding possible results. After finishing 3-cycle-IVF with him, I can now say that the results were very close to what he prepared me for (I understand that’s a very hard thing to predict). I felt like throughout my 7 months treatment with Dr. Kort, his calm but confident energy really helped me to get through some dark thoughts. I changed a partner (life happens!) after the first IVF cycle and was nervous if I would still be treated the same in the clinic but I was treated with complete professionalism and respect through this tough period of my life by Dr. Kort and the staff. They always tried to help me out with free medications knowing that I don’t have a health insurance that covers those and this is a huge financial undertaking for me.
Dr. Kort used antagonist short protocol on me to get as many follicles as possible. I had three successful cycles, the first: nine eggs retrieved - two embryos frozen; the second: seven eggs retrieved - 1 embryo frozen; the third one - eight eggs retrieved - 3 embryos frozen. I know that he adjusted my medication carefully after monitoring me every two days most of the time.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Neway Medical.
Everyone was warm and friendly. People seemed organized and things run according to protocol. Always got my medications instructions on time during the cycle.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
I think that the atmosphere of the clinic is very nurturing and people are very friendly and compassionate. I didn’t feel that as much in other clinics which seem to focus more on glamorous interiors and impeccable facade. This clinic feels more like home and the waiting room feels like a living room. I like that all of the procedures are done in clinic. All retrieval’s and diagnostic tests except PGT testing is done in the house. Neway has an amazing reproductive biologist Dr. Lee who actually deals with your eggs and is responsible for creating embryos. It seems like he is famous for his work.
Even though fertility treatment is so expensive and hit my finances super hard, I feel like I was given a good package deal by Neway for a three-cycle-package. Whenever the clinic had any extra medication, I was given some of those super expensive drugs for free.
Didn’t have the transfer yet.

2017 - 2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Kort is personable, and made accommodations and time for me when ever I needed. He also followed up quickly on email or calls and scheduled video calls to talk through options and plans (as we began during pandemic)...He was thoughtful, and very informative from the beginning. He didn't rush us to begin treatment until we had time to think through our options. He was careful to manage expectations and provide all risk information
Convenient location, one stop shop - for blood work, exams, procedures, consultations etc. [Neway Medical] Appointments were scheduled well with blood work first and then exams. Wait times for exams some times ran long (more than 15-20 min) but I attribute that partly to covid protocols...Most of my interactions with the nurses were a high point in my very frequent visits.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Dr. Kort was very personable in the way he treated my husband and I. He was thoughtful, and very informative from the beginning. He didn't rush us to begin treatment until we had time to think through our options. He was careful to manage expectations and provide all risk information - I was curious about the potential for multiple embryo transfer, which in the end was not an option for us (as I only had 1 successful embryo). Dr. Kort never rushed appointments. There were times when appointments got emotional for me, and Dr. Kort was always encouraging and kind and eased my fears.
Be open about your concerns and honest about what you want to achieve. He was very informative and realistically managed my expectations.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Neway Medical.
Nurses were kind, most were personable (with a couple exceptions), they managed a lot of patients and activity with limited resources (during pandemic), and remained calm and organized. Most of my interactions with the nurses were a high point in my very frequent visits.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Convenient location, one stop shop - for blood work, exams, procedures, consultations etc. Appointments were scheduled well with blood work first and then exams. Wait times for exams some times ran long (more than 15-20 min) but I attribute that partly to covid protocols.
Most of the medication cost was covered by my health insurance, I had a regular copay of $40 for every ultrasound appointment. Cost of transfer was covered by insurance. Genetic testing and embryo freezing was not covered by insurance.
Neway Medical

Dr. Kort is warm, empathetic, and down to Earth. He is also very clearly intelligent and passionate about his work. He was available to answer questions and always got back to me in the same day. He took the time to get to know me as a person and establish rapport. I never felt judged even when I had mixed feelings about the success of our IVF..
They [Neway Medical nurses] gave us extra demonstrations on administering the progesterone shots...They use a patient portal and everything can be done in there! They are a boutique clinic so each person there knows you by face and name! It’s Manhattan- there isn’t parking really nearby- we typically walked to our appointments but on the few times I drove, I knew to make sure to leave time to look for parking. There is some between Amsterdam and Broadway on 79th
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Dr. Kort is warm, empathetic, and down to Earth. He is also very clearly intelligent and passionate about his work. He was available to answer questions and always got back to me in the same day. He took the time to get to know me as a person and establish rapport. I never felt judged even when I had mixed feelings about the success of our IVF! He personally sees his patients and managed their care. Dr. Kort is not intimidating and speaks to you like a peer. He was 100% accurate with all of his estimations and we owe him our success story! He also provided us with wonderful referrals to other providers. These other providers also had patient centered practices. Dr. Kort gave us realistic timelines and is willing to “fight” insurances for his patients. All of our requested treatments were covered due to his expertise! We were so lucky to find him and will come back to grow our family again in the future! I cried after my last appointment, as I’ve never felt so cared about in a doctors/clinics care.
Trust his analysis and treatment planning! You are in charge, and you made the right step in picking him as a doctor.
Dr. Kort and the NeWay team knew details about my life and asked me about my life. They knew my nickname and called me it, they knew my job situation, they asked my husband about his job, and they made appropriate jokes with us. They took the time to make sure we were comfortable with every step and did not use medical language with us. Dr. Kort and his team celebrated all of the happy milestones with us on and individual basis.
Dr. Kort reviewed our history and told us we could go forward with another IUI (or more) cycle, but knew we had tried for several years so he was also on board with going right to IVF. We formed our IVF plan- use my natural cycle before egg retrieval then- menopur, ganirelix, Lupron. Then egg retrieval and ICSI to form embryos. They grew until 5/6 days then were biopsied for PGS then frozen. Once I had a period, a few days later I went on Estradoil and awaited lining to rethicken and genetic results to come back. At that time we scheduled the transfer for the next week! We had the embryologist pick the embryo that was the strongest and that was the one transferred. It worked! Dr. Kort saw me until 9 weeks pregnant. First HCG blood monitoring and then weekly ultrasounds.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: Shameeka)
The nursing and medical team make NeWay a place you WANT to visit! They are warm, remember details about you, and make sure you get excellent care! They gave us extra demonstrations on administering the progesterone shots. They remembered I loved apple juice! They always had tape available versus bandaids, and knew which I preferred. They make appropriate jokes, call you by your preferred name, ask about your life and follow up later about it, and make small talk. They share in your excitement. When our transfer was successful, each member of our team called to say congrats individually! I genuinely am going to miss seeing them weekly/a few times a week. They made this experience something to look forward to and helped me feel confident that this is a manageable experience!
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
This clinic is organized! They use a patient portal and everything can be done in there! They are a boutique clinic so each person there knows you by face and name! It’s Manhattan- there isn’t parking really nearby- we typically walked to our appointments but on the few times I drove, I knew to make sure to leave time to look for parking. There is some between Amsterdam and Broadway on 79th. This clinic is timely- although I definitely preferred the first appointment of the day as those appointments were often quicker! The clinic is CLEAN. Especially during COVID. They have strict standards and maintain the spaces well. Everyone in the clinic is caring and personable- truly not a single team member who isn’t! From the embryologist, to medical doctors, nurses, techs, and receptionists- everyone is personable and excited for your journey.
They accepted our insurance as in network. Our costs were low and nothing was cost prohibitive.
I was relieved he recommended eSET. I was nervous of multiples.
Neway Medical

Dr. Kort explained the risks of transferring multiple embryos and since we also had genetic testing done, we felt very confident that transferring a single embryo would give us the best chance of a successful and healthy pregnancy...Not only is he extremely intelligent and professional, he is the most attentive, kind, and compassionate doctor I know. We felt completely safe in his care and trust him 110%. Because of Dr. Kort and his amazing team, we are currently pregnant with our first child and are already looking forward to working with them again as we continue to expand our family.
I love that Neway is a boutique practice with state-of-the-art technology. The care we received was so personalized and everyone, from the front-desk to the nurses and doctors, provided exemplary care and attention. And Dr. Kort was there every step of the way (performing every exam, every sonogram, every procedure) which really made us feel like we were in the best hands. I can not recommend Neway Fertility enough.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Dr. Kort is incredible and we feel very grateful that we went through our IVF journey with him. Not only is he extremely intelligent and professional, he is the most attentive, kind, and compassionate doctor I know. We felt completely safe in his care and trust him 110%. Because of Dr. Kort and his amazing team, we are currently pregnant with our first child and are already looking forward to working with them again as we continue to expand our family.
Look no further than Dr. Kort. I couldn't imagine a better doctor.
- Received personalized care - Established a rapport with doctors/nurses and staff - Doctors/nurses showed genuine interest in my care and progress - Ease of communication
Due to my specific case of fibroids as well as having blocked tubes, it was clear that IVF was a necessity. We decided to proceed with two separate egg retrievals, followed by PGS testing of embryos which were frozen and stored. After having necessary surgery, we finally scheduled our first frozen embryo transfer which resulted in a chemical pregnancy. We scheduled our second FET the following month and we are happy to report that we are expecting our first child next year.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: Jen)
Jen, as well as the entire nursing and medical staff (Seon, Shameeka, Tania, Ketevan, Anjelica) were phenomenal. I looked forward to every visit to the office because they really made it feel like I was being welcomed and taken care of by family. We couldn’t have asked for a better team.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
My insurance covered the majority of the costs. I only had to co-pay for office visits, and paid out-of-pocket for PGS
Neway Medical

Dr. Kort has one of the best bedside manners of any doctor I have ever worked with. Pursuing fertility treatment is an overwhelming process, and I consistently felt like he was a patient guide through the whole thing. He is incredibly responsive and remarkably patient in making sure you get the answers that you need...I would encourage any prospective patient to bite the bullet and make an appointment. I found signing up for a fertility consultation to be such a huge mental hurdle. It's definitely worth it -- and Dr. Kort will be a huge part of making that process less scary.
I primarily worked with [nurse] Jenifer during my time at Neway. Like Dr. Kort she was extremely responsive and increidbly compassionate. She responded to every email the same day -- and always had a solution to any problems that arose. That said, EVERYONE at Neway is on top of their game. I can't think of a single nurse or staffer that wasn't extremely kind -- while also being utterly professional.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Although we ultimately did not need to pursue either IUI or IVF, Dr. Kort ran a full battery of tests to help diagnose our fertility issue. I had a trouble with my first HSG, so much so that we were unable to successfully complete it the first time around. Dr. Kort found a work around so that the test could be given effectively a second time. As luck would have it, that may have worked. We're now expecting our first child.
While we did not ultimately need any treatment strategies, Dr. Kort did all the diagnostic testing, including an HSG and a hysteroscopy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: Jenifer Chin)
I primarily worked with Jenifer during my time at Neway. Like Dr. Kort she was extremely responsive and increidbly compassionate. She responded to every email the same day -- and always had a solution to any problems that arose. That said, EVERYONE at Neway is on top of their game. I can't think of a single nurse or staffer that wasn't extremely kind -- while also being utterly professional.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The clinic is super clean and well run -- something that is extremely important, but especially so during COVID-19. The online portal is also really easy to use and a great way to keep track of all our records.
Most of the bills were completely covered by insurance. The billing staff was more than happy to answer any questions.
LGBTQ+

2018 - 2020, Successful
LGBTQ+
I have never had such personalized care in our medical experience. Dr. Kort was scientifically thorough, exceptionally compassionate, patient, and fully committed to seeing us through every available option...was not only knowledgable and compassionate, but he showed exemplary humility in difficult situations and was not afraid to look deeper into an issue or seek an alternative opinion. He's a collaborative thinker, which is wonderful in this pursuit. He was a tireless advocate for our success.
The clinic [Newway Medical] is a friendly place to be during a challenging situation, in large part because of it's staff. It is nice to have doctors, nurses, and embryologists in once location, with a lab and storage facilities on site. The billing department could use some improvement. It is hard to get clarity around payments owed, which is stressful...Shameeka Toro, Jenifer Chin, and the entire nursing staff we worked with (Tanya, Anjelica, and Shareeka) were very caring and extremely competent. Shameeka & Jenifer were especially informed, up-to-speed, vibrant, positive, and and dedicated to our pursuit. They helped me and my partner understand the medications and process. And Shameeka is a wiz at dealing with insurance issues.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Dr. Kort was not only knowledgable and compassionate, but he showed exemplary humility in difficult situations and was not afraid to look deeper into an issue or seek an alternative opinion. He's a collaborative thinker, which is wonderful in this pursuit. He was a tireless advocate for our success.
Feel free to be yourself and express concerns. Dr. Kort is open to complicated feelings and discussions.
3 medicated IUI's with Clomid & Ovidrel trigger. 2 egg retrievals after Folistim, Menopur, & Cetrotide, HCG trigger regimen. Prep for transfer with Eustrace & Progesterone in oil. 1 transfer attempted, but embryo not inserted due to complexities with cervix shape. 2 practice transfers following failed attempt, as a way to better understand shape of cervix and prepare for successful transfer. After clear map of cervix and updated strategy for transfer, 1 successful embryo transfer, and ensuing pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: Shameeka Toro & Jenifer Chin)
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The clinic is a friendly place to be during a challenging situation, in large part because of it's staff. It is nice to have doctors, nurses, and embryologists in once location, with a lab and storage facilities on site. The billing department could use some improvement. It is hard to get clarity around payments owed, which is stressful.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Neway Medical.
Very rarely had to wait. Overall a well-organized process.
Estimated 12K out of pocket, not including medications.
We definitely feel the single embryo transfer was the way to go.
How competent was Neway Medical at LGBTQ+ care?
I would credit Neway's openness around LGBT care to Dr. Kort, with whom we worked with most often. The other doctors we encountered were polite and kind, but we're not sure what they're like to work with in this regard.
Describe your experience using 3rd party reproduction (donor eggs, donor sperm, or gestational carrier) at Neway Medical.
Dr. Kort worked with our donor and with a prior facility storing our donor's sperm.
LGBTQ+ Care

Every appt you have with him [Dr. Kort,] he makes sure you feel confident with what the next step will be. When he had to call me to give me bad news he took the time to help me understand...[he] is against transferring more then one embryo...He tried to be there for every ultrasound and he was the one that did both retrievals. This process is really hard and having a doctor that’s really kind and actually knows you as more then a name on his appt book makes a difference
They [Neway Medical nurses] are compassionate and knowledgeable. They get to know their patients and are there if you have any questions...They are reasonably priced. They have a 3 cycle package for around $18,000 which is cheaper then any other clinic in my area...My biggest issue was with the finance department. They make things up when they aren’t sure and never get back to you.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
I had a very good experience with Dr. Kort. Every appt you have with him he makes sure you feel confident with what the next step will be. When he had to call me to give me bad news he took the time to help me understand. I had doctors in the past that left me a Voicemail and then too busy to return my call. Dr. Kort did his best to stay with me throughout both cycles. He tried to be there for every ultrasound and he was the one that did both retrievals. This process is really hard and having a doctor that’s really kind and actually knows you as more then a name on his appt book makes a difference. We weren’t successful yet but I feel like he did the best he could.
Dr. Kort took the time to meet with us and come up with a plan. He was there for every step. When I went in for monitoring he was the one doing the Ultrasound. I didn’t have to wait to hear from the doctor later on. In my previous clinic I met the doctor once for 15 min and never saw him again.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: Jenifer C.)
The nursing staff were amazing. They are compassionate and knowledgeable. They get to know their patients and are there if you have any questions.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The one big problem this clinic has is the finance department. They really don’t have a clue what they are doing and they never get back to you. Even though I’m very pleased with the doctor and nurses I might not come because of the finance department. The stress of dealing with them made things worse for me.
Dr. Kort is against transferring more then one embryo.
2018 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Kort is a warm, patient and kind doctor, who did not rush us in any of the consultations, provided easy to understand explanations of a complicated process and was available whenever needed...helped us understand the alternatives available, costs involved, and patiently provided the information we needed to decide on the best plan of treatment. He made me feel comfortable during the entire treatment, endless ultrasounds, from truly care since our success was his own success.
Jenifer [nurse at Neway Medical] was the absolutely best throughout the treatment. She sent emails with treatment plan, reminders, called when she said she would. The nursing staff was very caring and attentive...Everything is done at the clinic, tests, bloodwork, retrieval, transfer, which is extremely convenient. Their hours are flexible and the location very accessible. The billing department had some restructuring in 2019 and it became great to work with...Monitoring hours started at early morning and were convenient to get to prior to work....
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
We had a great feeling with Dr. Kort from the initial consultation. He is friendly, knowledgeable and patient, and helped us understand the alternatives available, costs involved, and patiently provided the information we needed to decide on the best plan of treatment. He made me feel comfortable during the entire treatment, endless ultrasounds, from truly care since our success was his own success.
Don't leave any consultation with questions, it is important to understand the process and he is very patient and knowledgeable.
At my own choice I decided to first do a mini IVF, which ended up with no viable embryos. The second round was a full IVF and three viable embryos.
Jenifer was the absolutely best throughout the treatment. She sent emails with treatment plan, reminders, called when she said she would. The nursing staff was very caring and attentive.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Neway Medical.
Costs covered by insurance except for medicine and anesthesia.
We discussed the risks involved on multiple embryo transfer for a patient my age and a single embryo transfer was the choice made.
Neway Medical
Dr. Kort was excellent from start to finish. We were treating with him after sustaining two early miscarriages. He is clearly knowledgable and his course of treatment and recommendations worked. He was empathetic, reassuring, and caring every step of the way...[he] noticed a slight Uterine Septum and went on to perform a Hysteroscopic Septoplasty to correct the septum. The procedure took 30 minutes and full recovery took about a week
The [Neway Medical] clinic was well-run and professional. They have Saturday availability which was helpful for us. The staff was pleasant and accommodating. We felt like the staff truly cared about us each time we walked through the door...The nursing staff was helpful, compassionate, and supportive...On occasion, there was a lag in the time from when we were told we would be receiving results and the time we actually received the results. This typically occurred on a Saturday (when the clinical was short staffed)
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Our experience with Dr. Kort was excellent from start to finish. We were treating with him after sustaining two early miscarriages. He is clearly knowledgable and his course of treatment and recommendations worked. He was empathetic, reassuring, and caring every step of the way.
Don't hesitate considering him for your fertility treatment. He is the absolute best!
Under the treatment of doctor Kort, I was made to feel comfortable, safe, and like I was in good-hands!
After two early miscarriages, we had several blood tests, a semen analysis, a Saline Infused Sonogram (SIS), and a Hysterosalpingogram (HSG). Our blood work, semen analysis, and SIS came back normal. On the HSG, Dr. Kort noticed a slight Uterine Septum and went on to perform a Hysteroscopic Septoplasty to correct the septum. The procedure took 30 minutes and full recovery took about a week. Following surgery, I had another SIS which showed that the septum was corrected. We conceived the following month and are now expecting our rainbow baby in December!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Neway Medical.
The nursing staff was helpful, compassionate, and supportive.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The clinic was well-run and professional. They have Saturday availability which was helpful for us. The staff was pleasant and accommodating. We felt like the staff truly cared about us each time we walked through the door.
The costs required were the copays and some additional costs for blood tests.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Neway Medical.
On occasion, there was a lag in the time from when we were told we would be receiving results and the time we actually received the results. This typically occurred on a Saturday (when the clinical was short staffed); we were told we'd receive our results the same day, but didn't received them until Monday morning.
Neway Medical

Dr. Zimmermann was very sensiyand responsive to my specific needs. He was attentive and would call me back very quickly and consider treatments that felt tailored to my issues rather than standard protocol. He also provided me with literature that was helpful in making certain decisions.... I felt he had both the expertise and excellent bedside manner. He was sensitive, respectful, and supportive while also being very knowledgeable and experienced. I appreciated that he was there for all of my appointments and procedures and found him to be very patient and thorough.
Excellent clinic [Neway Medical] — quick wait times, excellent staff, pleasant facilities and appearance. The billing dept had some issues but overall all issues were addressed and resolved. They take multiple insurance plans. I saw the same doctor each time and I felt that the staff knew me well. There was a very personal feel — it didn’t feel like a baby factory as I found with other clinics. All the tests were done in house, which was also very helpful and comforting.
How was your experience with Ralf Zimmermann (retired) at Neway Medical?
I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Zimmermann. I felt he had both the expertise and excellent bedside manner. He was sensitive, respectful, and supportive while also being very knowledgeable and experienced. I appreciated that he was there for all of my appointments and procedures and found him to be very patient and thorough.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ralf Zimmermann (retired) at Neway Medical?
Describe the protocols Ralf Zimmermann (retired) used in your cycles at Neway Medical and their degree of success.
8 medicated iui cycles with a small dose of clomid (25 mg) — I had already had 3 unmedicated IUI cycles at a different clinic. Each time I used Ovidrel shot to trigger ovulation. After the failed iui, we decided to move on to ivf and I did 7 days of gonal f. I don’t remember the dose but I know it was pretty low and he lowered it several times because of concern about overstimulation. I also did injections to put off ovulation. I had one egg retrieval that resulted in 32 eggs, 25 fertilized with ivf and icsi, and 18 embryos made it to day 5. The 18 embryos were frozen because I needed to recover — I had mild OHSS. I skipped a cycle and then transferred one embryo resulting in a pregnancy and live birth of a baby boy. I took vagibal and injectable progesterone and estrogen for the first 13 weeks of pregnancy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Neway Medical.
Excellent — very professional, kind, sensitive, and responsive!
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Excellent clinic — quick wait times, excellent staff, pleasant facilities and appearance. The billing dept had some issues but overall all issues were addressed and resolved. They take multiple insurance plans. I saw the same doctor each time and I felt that the staff knew me well. There was a very personal feel — it didn’t feel like a baby factory as I found with other clinics. All the tests were done in house, which was also very helpful and comforting.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Neway Medical.
Almost no wait times, same doctor each time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ralf Zimmermann (retired) at Neway Medical.
Much was covered by my insurance but I had to pay copays and coninsurance. I ended up spending about $3500 including medications.
Ralf Zimmermann (retired)