LGBTQ+ Competent Care
LGBTQ+ Competent Care

Based on reviews from the LGBTQ+ community.

LGBTQ+ Care
LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

123 W. 79th St

2021 - 2022, Successful
He [Dr. Jeffrey Wang] was amazing. In every which way. I would recommend him to ANY one struggling with infertility. He is worth every penny. He doesn’t give up and will always give his honest opinion. Always caring about your feelings and checking in on you to make sure you’re mentally okay during this difficult time...Dr. Wang changed my protocol with each cycle.
Everything [at Neway Medical] was professional at all times. Everyone was friendly at all times. Always on time. Never a wait. Always saw Dr. Wang. I don’t believe there are any weaknesses at all. Always such a pleasant experience even leaving there with bad results at times...He [Dr. Wang] doesn’t give up and will always give his honest opinion. Always caring about your feelings and checking in on you to make sure you’re mentally okay during this difficult time. Results for bloodwork and follow up for visits were always extremely quick.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Wang at Neway Medical?
He was amazing. In every which way. I would recommend him to ANY one struggling with infertility. He is worth every penny. He doesn’t give up and will always give his honest opinion. Always caring about your feelings and checking in on you to make sure you’re mentally okay during this difficult time. Results for bloodwork and follow up for visits were always extremely quick.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Wang at Neway Medical?
Don’t hesitate to make the appointment with him. He is the best! And always trust his judgement.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Wang at Neway Medical?
Always a pleasure to see. Always talkative and appreciative of my visits. Made me very comfortable always.
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Wang used in your cycles at Neway Medical and their degree of success.
Dr. Wang changed my protocol with each cycle. Being that I’m a poor responder to meds he decided to give me the least amount in hopes of better quality eggs (which worked). In my last fertility practice, it was same protocol for everyone and always cancelling retrievals if you didn’t have more than 3 follicles. Dr. Wang taught me, quality over quantity.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: Kelly)
Kelly was amazing and held my hand through every step of the way. Her and I still keep in touch and she constantly checked in on me and still does to this day. She’s an Angel.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Everything was professional at all times. Everyone was friendly at all times. Always on time. Never a wait. Always saw Dr. Wang. I don’t believe there are any weaknesses at all. Always such a pleasant experience even leaving there with bad results at times.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Wang at Neway Medical.
Copay with every visit. His practice took my insurance thankfully.
Jeffrey Wang

2022, Unknown Success
Dr Kort always took the time to answer any questions, always took his time on exams and explained things clearly...He made the process as easy as possible with his expertise, bedside manner and techniques. Throughout my care I always felt he was doing what was best for me. He was always very responsive and available for any last minute questions...a few rounds of medicated cycles with letrozole trying to conceive. With Dr Kort’s guidance we then went to Ivf, had greater than 10 embryos that made it to day 5. Implanted one embryo which resulted in a early miscarriage, now pregnant after the second implantation...
The hours [at Neway Medical] were key for me being able to still work full time and undergo treatment. Scheduling was always a breeze and appointments were on time. Billing would also be transparent which was very helpful...The nursing staff was excellent and really showed compassion and comfort...Dr Kort always took the time to answer any questions, always took his time on exams and explained things clearly. Him and his staff were very involved and genuinely interested in our progress...
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Dr Kort has been an ideal doctor to go through such a stressful journey. He made the process as easy as possible with his expertise, bedside manner and techniques. Throughout my care I always felt he was doing what was best for me. He was always very responsive and available for any last minute questions. I have already recommend him to many friends and family members all who are also so grateful to have found such an outstanding doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
You will be in great hands; all options will be presented with you along with pros and cons of each.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Describe the protocols Daniel Kort used in your cycles at Neway Medical and their degree of success.
I went through a few rounds of medicated cycles with letrozole trying to conceive. With Dr Kort’s guidance we then went to Ivf, had greater than 10 embryos that made it to day 5. Implanted one embryo which resulted in a early miscarriage, now pregnant after the second implantation.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Neway Medical.
The nursing staff was excellent and really showed compassion and comfort.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The hours were key for me being able to still work full time and undergo treatment. Scheduling was always a breeze and appointments were on time. Billing would also be transparent which was very helpful.
Neway Medical
He [Dr. Zimmermann] really took the time to meet and talk us through the whole process and especially during the ups and downs....He is very thoughtful in his approach. Comes across as both authoritative and caring. He provided a lot of additional information on fertility that was helpful. With each round he talked us through what happened, why it happened (when possible) and what changes could be made each time.... He has a strong preference for single and explained the consequences associated with multiple births.
It [Neway Medical] was such a warm place - not too big, not too much information on the walls etc. Everyone from the front desk to the doctors was warm and friendly. My huge recommend is share the stories of success. I want to see babies on those walls :)... The whole team was beyond lovely. Jenifer let me email and call her any time (including weekends). They went above and beyond!... He [Dr. Zimmermann] really took the time to meet and talk us through the whole process and especially during the ups and downs. The nurses were outstanding!
How was your experience with Ralf Zimmermann (retired) at Neway Medical?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ralf Zimmermann (retired) at Neway Medical?
Ask for a full timeline of the process. I think when you live this every day you may assume that the patient knows ... I did not!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ralf Zimmermann (retired) at Neway Medical?
He really took the time to meet and talk us through the whole process and especially during the ups and downs. The nurses were outstanding!
Describe the protocols Ralf Zimmermann (retired) used in your cycles at Neway Medical and their degree of success.
This is a tough one ... I know we used an antagonist though I cannot remember too many details. I also know this changed each round - both the dose and I think even the drug.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: Jenifer )
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
It was such a warm place - not too big, not too much information on the walls etc. Everyone from the front desk to the doctors was warm and friendly. My huge recommend is share the stories of success. I want to see babies on those walls :)
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Neway Medical.
It was well organized. I knew when I could go in and there was rarely a wait.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ralf Zimmermann (retired) at Neway Medical.
I have to admit, I don't remember but they sat down with us and gave us all of the information upfront!
Describe Ralf Zimmermann (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Neway Medical.
Neway Medical

Dr.Kort has a very calm demeanor and is very reassuring. He never made me feel like a patient or that something was wrong with me. There were plenty of options that he explained and offered his opinion but was also never pushy. Everything was on my terms...always made me feel like a human, he was compassionate and caring every step of the process... discussed IUI as a potential option for us. I was reluctant to take any type of medication but he walked me thru what I would be taking and what it would do. He didn't push anything upon us which I really liked, he helped to guide us but left everything on our terms.
All of the nurses [at Neway Medical] are so sweet and made me feel welcome every time I was there (which was multiple times per week)...In my mind I was afraid of what this clinic would look and feel like, but what I never expected was a spa feel. The environment doesn't look like a doctors office it was very zen and comfortable. I never felt like a patient...I had a couple of issues with scheduling, saying I only needed blood when I needed blood and an ultra sound, or vice versa, or they thought I was at a different point in my cycle than I actually was.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
He is very thorough but I would always ask questions as things in your body can change on a daily basis.
Dr. Kort always made me feel like a human, he was compassionate and caring every step of the process.
Dr. Kort my husband and I discussed IUI as a potential option for us. I was reluctant to take any type of medication but he walked me thru what I would be taking and what it would do. He didn't push anything upon us which I really liked, he helped to guide us but left everything on our terms.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: Beata)
All of the nurses are so sweet and made me feel welcome every time I was there (which was multiple times per week)
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Kort at Neway Medical.
The only costs were copays for ultra sounds and the pharmacy needs.
Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Dr Luk is very smart. She is very trustworthy and explains everything to her patients very well. She made individualized plans each cycle and never made me feel like she was just following a schedule. She adjusted the plan each visit depending on how my body reacted...We had a candid discussion about the risks and benefits. The Drs strongly suggested eSET...but ultimately if I wanted to transfer two embryos, it was not unreasonable and they would.
The [Neway Medical] clinic was new when I started, so as the business grew, they had to adjust and adapt practices to help decrease wait times. They did a good job adjusting, and sometimes this meant you might not always see the doctors...I always saw them if I had a question or there was an important change or reason to monitor...Drs reviewed the labs and scans and would make the plan and get back to me.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
The office has gotten busier since I started seeing her. Be patient with them. You may not see Dr Luk or Dr Nejat every visit, but every day the round on the patients and discuss the plans and you are called promptly with instructions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
She made individualized plans each time.
Describe the protocols Janelle Luk used in your cycles at Neway Medical and their degree of success.
For my timed intercourse she used letrozole, as clomid thinned out my endometrium too much. For the IUI and IVF she used minimal medications as I developed OHSS
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The clinic was new when I started, so as the business grew, they had to adjust and adapt practices to help decrease wait times. They did a good job adjusting, and sometimes this meant you might not always see the doctors. I did not mind because I always saw them if I had a question or there was an important change or reason to monitor. I also didn't mind because I knew the Drs reviewed the labs and scans and would make the plan and get back to me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Janelle Luk at Neway Medical.
Co pays
Describe Janelle Luk's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Neway Medical.
We had a candid discussion about the risks and benefits. The Drs strongly suggested eSET and said if it were them, that's what they would do, but ultimately if I wanted to transfer two embryos, it was not unreasonable and they would.
Neway Medical
After several exams, Dr Zimmermann suggested to try an IUI (intrauterine insemination)...Dr Zimmermann was extremely patient with me and all my questions. He seemed to be very concerned about my exams and my wish to get pregnant. He explained to us the procedure in detail and took all necessary exams prior the IUI...The procedure went very well and after a first try I got pregnant with twins! I am now 15 weeks pregnant, extremely happy with 2 healthy babies.
At 39 years old and after several years trying to conceive naturally, my husband and I decided to get help with a fertility clinic [Neway Medical]...Immediately I felt confident that we made the right choice as the whole staff: nurses, doctors (Dr Zimmermann and Dr Kort), assistants… was extremely professional and nice. After several exams, Dr Zimmermann suggested to try an IUI (intrauterine insemination). The procedure went very well and after a first try I got pregnant with twins! I am now 15 weeks pregnant, extremely happy with 2 healthy babies. I really wanted to share my experience online with this clinic as the service was simply perfect. I highly recommend this clinic to any woman who is looking for help to conceive. 39 years old – French
How was your experience with Ralf Zimmermann (retired) at Neway Medical?
At the clinic the whole staff: nurses, doctors (Dr Zimmermann and Dr Kort), assistants… was extremely professional and nice.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Neway Medical.
The nursing staff was amazing: professional, human, friendly...
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
At 39 years old and after several years trying to conceive naturally, my husband and I decided to get help with a fertility clinic. Based on a friend’s recommendations, we went to Neway fertility clinic (123 W. 79th St, New York, NY 10024). Immediately I felt confident that we made the right choice as the whole staff: nurses, doctors (Dr Zimmermann and Dr Kort), assistants… was extremely professional and nice. After several exams, Dr Zimmermann suggested to try an IUI (intrauterine insemination). The procedure went very well and after a first try I got pregnant with twins! I am now 15 weeks pregnant, extremely happy with 2 healthy babies. I really wanted to share my experience online with this clinic as the service was simply perfect. I highly recommend this clinic to any woman who is looking for help to conceive. 39 years old – French
Neway Medical

Recent high turnover caused some communication lapses...While some nurses have done very well with email follow-up, recent high turnover in Neway (including our patient coordinator) caused some communication/continuity problems...[Dr. Luk is] Highly capable and intelligent, very relational, detail-oriented, great sense of humor, goes to lengths to explain things and make sure we understand, good listener and good communicator, feel very taken care of, generally very enthusiastic but emotionally sensitive as needed, fights for us when the need arises, get the sense she is working hard for us behind the scenes.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
No constructive criticisms - she has been amazing for us. She is already working on the one big change/move that should make her services even more outstanding, which is leaving her current situation. We will definitely look her up to find her when she moves.
Takes an above and beyond personal interest in us, at least once called by personal cell phone number, has verbally (and otherwise) expressed that she really likes us and really wants to help us (and I believe those were not just words she says to all of her patients).
Genetic probe and PGD testing to be able to navigate genetic abnormality. IVF cycle with ICSI, egg retrieval resulted in 8 eggs retrieved, 3 embryos created, 1 viable for transfer. In progress.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Recent high turnover caused some communication lapses.
Had to pay out of pocket, but Dr. Luk did her best to see how she could help us out.
Neway Medical

I was overmedicated several times [with Dr. Janelle Luk] and had to cancel cycles. Inappropriate medications used...clomid, then letrazole, then injectables (gonal f)...Overstimulated several times. Took medications for many months without even being able to try to conceive.
Most of my costs [at Neway Medical] were covered my insurance, which is why I went there, but the billing department would often not update my chart and I had to advocate for myself often to get my coverage...Disorganized in the early morning crazy monitoring slots. Not knowledgable. Sometimes weak English.very disorganized practice...They did not even call with results that we found out after we left the practice.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
very disorganized practice. They did not even call with results that we found out after we left the practice. I was overmedicated several times and had to cancel cycles. Inappropriate medications used.
Consider otherwise. I wasted a lot of time and insurance benefits, had a very aggravating and depressing experience, and was only able to get the proper care to get me pregnant when I left. I went there because they were in my insurance and left to an out of network provider- best move I ever made. I would still be pumping my body full of hormones (inappropriate for my diagnosis and often overstimulated) and having gotten nowhere.
clomid, then letrazole, then injectables (gonal f)
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Strength: nice facilities Weaknesses: inappropriate care, disorganization, slow, not communicative
Most of my costs were covered my insurance, which is why I went there, but the billing department would often not update my chart and I had to advocate for myself often to get my coverage.
none. I left before getting to ivf there.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Neway Medical.
Overstimulated several times. Took medications for many months without even being able to try to conceive. Waste of time, emotional energy, money, and aggravation.
Neway Medical

I liked Dr Luk personally, but NeWay is understaffed. Dr Luk's only method is mini IVF.... First IUI: Supposed to take clomid for 5 days but nobody told me how long to take it and I wound up taking it for 10 days which caused health problems. This was on account of poor nursing staff. IVF 1 & 2: Mini IVF - clomid to start then low dose menopure and follistim. Strengths: Saw Doctor often Weaknesses: Unorganized and incompetent staff made for a dreadful experience and poor results overall. Overall, I would strongly advise against going to neway. I feel that I wasted my insurance money on procedures and medication that would have been better spent with more advanced clinics.
Strengths: Saw Doctor often Weaknesses: Unorganized and incompetent staff made for a dreadful experience and poor results overall. Overall, I would strongly advise against going to neway. I feel that I wasted my insurance money on procedures and medication that would have been better spent with more advanced clinics. Nurses were meant to email protocols by end of day, many times I had to call to remind them. Many times they gave the wrong protocol and I had to confirm with the doctor. Instructions were often incorrect and delayed and medications and procedures were often ordered incorrectly. Truly abysmal.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
I liked Dr Luk personally, but NeWay is understaffed. Dr Luk's only method is mini IVF. There were countless mistakes made by her staff, and terrible communication. I felt my 3 cycles with Neway wasted my time and money.
With so many other options in NYC, I would strongly recommend attending another, more progressive and organized, clinic. I truly believe I wasted money and time with Neway and would hate to see others do the same.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Neway Medical.
In general, monitoring was relatively quick. Usually max wait was 15 minutes.
estimated, $12k per cycle
She had no preference.

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
Dr. Luk is the partner of Dr. Nejat, my primary fertility doctor at Neway. I consulted with her first when I started with the practice, but I found that she didn't listen to my medical history or read my file carfully before saying what treatment plan she wanted; she just has firm ideas about going with minimal stimulation and mini-IVF, which wouldn't have been appropriate given my age and history. I chose Dr. Nejat instead and he is wonderful and skilled, but I have occasionally had to see Dr. Luk if he's away. I just get the general sense that she isn't paying close enough attention to me as a patient and I worry that she's not aware of my medical conditions and history when she's treating me.
I showed up on the day of my embryo transfer [at Neway Medical] and found that the staff didn't know I was coming, despite it being the correct day in the cycle and the day the doctor had told me to come. It turned out that administrative or nursing staff had put down the wrong week for my embryo transfer. I ended up waiting three-plus hours while the lab retrieved and thawed the embryos and the medical staff got ready. They apologized profusely, and I believe them when they said this was highly unusual. But it was still nerve-wracking, and not the reception you want when you show up for a procedure that important, where hormone/medication timing is so important.
I would advise the patient not to see Dr. Luk at all, but to go with her partner, Dr. Nejat.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Neway Medical.
I showed up on the day of my embryo transfer and found that the staff didn't know I was coming, despite it being the correct day in the cycle and the day the doctor had told me to come. It turned out that administrative or nursing staff had put down the wrong week for my embryo transfer. I ended up waiting three-plus hours while the lab retrieved and thawed the embryos and the medical staff got ready. They apologized profusely, and I believe them when they said this was highly unusual. But it was still nerve-wracking, and not the reception you want when you show up for a procedure that important, where hormone/medication timing is so important.
Neway Medical

Dr. Kort was patient and conservative, but in the best way possible. He helped induce my ovulation as quickly as possible but without running the risk of "overshooting" and endangering my body. He is exceptionally compassionate and a great problem-solver. He is kind and gentle...He always treated me as an "equal," speaking to me with compassion and no condescension, and always keeping me apprised of exactly what he was thinking or seeing.
The [Neway Medical] clinic is well-organized and efficient. I hardly ever had to wait for an appointment. It was easy to find, and easy to navigate. I was always seen within 5-10 minutes of my arrival, but usually immediately with zero wait at all...They're smart and organized and made every visit a pleasure...Just my co-pays, $25/ visit.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Feel free to ask as many questions as you'd like. He will always answer them and never make you feel rushed.
Dr. Kort is simply the kindest, most respectful, communicative doctor I've ever met. He always treated me as an "equal," speaking to me with compassion and no condescension, and always keeping me apprised of exactly what he was thinking or seeing.
We first used Follastim and as soon as it became clear that it wasn't working, he switched me to Menopur, titrating the dose until it was effective.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: Shameeka)
Shameeka, and honestly all the nurses, are so funny, sweet, and empathetic. They're smart and organized and made every visit a pleasure.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The clinic is well-organized and efficient. I hardly ever had to wait for an appointment. It was easy to find, and easy to navigate. I was always seen within 5-10 minutes of my arrival, but usually immediately with zero wait at all.
Just my co-pays, $25/ visit.
Describe Daniel Kort's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Neway Medical.
2020, 16 Eggs Frozen
[Protocol with Dr. Daniel Kort included] Random timed induction of ovulation since I had an IUD in place. Standard protocol treatment given my age, and AMH...went out of his way to answer all my questions and explain everything out regardless of the fact that I myself was a physician, which I appreciated. He went out of his way to provide exceptional quality care. Checking in with me regularly and answering questions or concerns at any time really demonstrate his desire to provide exceptional care. Excellent bedside manners.
Excellent [nurses at Neway Medical]!. Timely, warm and efficient. What more could you ask for. All had excellent bedside manners as well...Clean, efficient, timely, excellent staff. I appreciated the additional steps to help patients get safe care in the time of COVID. They kept rooms not crowded and patient flow was constantly moving. No delays despite being the 5th patient for the day...Random timed induction of ovulation since I had an IUD in place. Standard protocol treatment given my age, and AMH.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Dr. Kort is an exceptional physician. He is knowledable, kind, caring and goes out of his way to provide excellent healthcare. I felt safe and well cared for. Would trust him with any sensitive matter. Couldnt recommend him enough and grateful I went through my treatment with him.
Youre in good hands. Dont stress.
Dr. Kort went out of his way to answer all my questions and explain everything out regardless of the fact that I myself was a physician, which I appreciated. He went out of his way to provide exceptional quality care. Checking in with me regularly and answering questions or concerns at any time really demonstrate his desire to provide exceptional care. Excellent bedside manners.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Neway Medical.
Excellent!. Timely, warm and efficient. What more could you ask for. All had excellent bedside manners as well.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Cost for monitoring, medications, procedure.
Not applicable

2016, Unknown Success
Dr. Luk makes you feel like you are working as a team all together. She is very positive and encouraging. She gets to know you as a person not just as a body...She is great. We feel like we are in good hands. While this road is not without bumps it helps to much to have great communication and follow up.
[Nursing at Neway Medical is] Excellent---one nurse spent 2 hours with us reviewing how to do the injections. They are very responsive via email and always answer your questions...It is a lovely atmosphere...it feels patient centered and the space is beautiful. They do not seem too busy or crowded which is reassuring. It's great to have only 2 doctors so you can know them both and be more comfortable. The lab seems well run and very clean.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
Be sure to ask her lots of questions and to explain the pros/cons of possible treatments.
Mini IVF cycle-no need for traditional IVF since we have male factor and have already tried several IUIs. Now trying IUIs again before a possible second try at Mini IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: Rachel)
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Reasonable with insurance co-pays.

2014 - 2015, Unsuccessful
Dr. Janelle [Luk] explained to me and my husband how PCOS contributes to a difficult pregnancy. As I received the treatment more months in her office, I did not really see her around anymore. Either she was busy with other patients or she was dealing with her pregnancy (she was pregnant and working hard everyday).
Her [Dr. Luk's] office is short of doctors, so do not expect to see her all the time and be ready to wait at least 20 minutes for your round.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
She is knowledgable and experienced. She is open to talk and she talks fast. She adjusted my prescription from Clomids to Letrozol when I showed no sign of responding. She did not force me to perform IUI, but I had once with her colleague and failed.
Her office is short of doctors, so do not expect to see her all the time and be ready to wait at least 20 minutes for your round.
Dr. Janelle explained to me and my husband how PCOS contributes to a difficult pregnancy. As I received the treatment more months in her office, I did not really see her around anymore. Either she was busy with other patients or she was dealing with her pregnancy (she was pregnant and working hard everyday).
Letrozol+HCG shot+IUI/Natural try Blood draw EVERY TIME!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Neway Medical.
caring, bilingual, efficient. Always reply to my emails fast.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Neway Medical.
1. I lost my ring (don't worry, not very expensive). The front desk lady kept it in her drawer and found out it disappeared the next day. 2. There are only two doctors in that clinic, but the number of patients is increasing.

2014, Successful
Investment Banker
Pros: Very good doctor. Numbers-driven, he [Dr. Hade] gives you the course of treatment based on statistical outcomes from similar cases, which made me very comfortable. Cons: after the first unsuccessful IUI (because I didn't respond to Clomid), he recommended IVF right away.
The nurses especially were very caring...Prompt call-backs about test results as promised. Nice bed-side manner.The [Neway Medical] clinic is quite crowded though, and waits can be long.
How was your experience with Jesse Hade at Neway Medical?
Pros: Very good doctor. Numbers-driven, he gives you the course of treatment based on statistical outcomes from similar cases, which made me very comfortable. He discussed probabilities of success from different options openly. Cons: after the first unsuccessful IUI (because I didn't respond to Clomid), he recommended IVF right away. I had to ask whether other options are available, and he agreed to try IUI again with injectables. This resulted in a baby girl! :) I am happy that I was able to avoid IVF but I feel that perhaps he could have been more open about other non-IVF options without being asked.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jesse Hade at Neway Medical?
1. Make sure the clinic is convenient for you. You will be going there A LOT, almost every other day in the morning for as many months as your treatment lasts. He has early morning hours starting at 7. 2. Push him to discuss non-IVF options with you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jesse Hade at Neway Medical?
I did get very good individual care. The nurses especially were very caring. The clinic is quite crowded though, and waits can be long.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Neway Medical.
Very caring nurses. Prompt call-backs about test results as promised. Nice bed-side manner.
Jesse Hade
Neway Medical

[Dr. Daniel Kort is a] Very nice doctor. We knew our chances were low being an older couple, but this was glossed over a bit when we tried to get right into the details. We learnt about PgS testing from this doctor. Even after several meetings though it was hard to really see a clear course...very mild mannered and soft spoken...Doctor could have been stronger in personality and provide clearer information. We were not getting ‘sold’ though which was good
$15,000 per cycle plus extras [at Neway Medical]...they do natural cycles at this clinic...Very beautiful. Front desk staff lovely. Onsite operating rooms. Seemed upscale. Doctor could have been stronger in personality and provide clearer information. We were not getting ‘sold’ though which was good...I only did a saline ultrasound and bloodwork with this doctor...We knew our chances were low being an older couple, but this was glossed over a bit when we tried to get right into the details. We learnt about PgS testing from this doctor. Even after several meetings though it was hard to really see a clear course
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Know your research before you go in
Dr Kort was very mild mannered and soft spoken.
I only did a saline ultrasound and bloodwork with this doctor
Very sweet and provided all information I needed
$15,000 per cycle plus extras
We did not get this far, but they do natural cycles at this clinic
Egg Freezing With Other Docs
We had a great experience with [Dr. Daniel Kort]. He was very thoughtful in answering our questions and helping us understand what to expect during our treatment process. He was patient and kind throughout, as well...Dr. Kort treated me with a lot of warmth, respect, and kindness. He patiently answered the many questions I had and was always a reassuring presence.
The nurses at Neway are lovely, warm, outgoing, and friendly. They treated me with great care and kindness...I thought Neway was great. Scheduling appointments was always easy, and I never had to wait to see my doctor. Neway is also open very early, from 7:30 am, which really helps someone with a busy work schedule manage appointments while not being away from the office too often. Everyone at Neway was a complete professional, and really a very nice group of people as well.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
We had a great experience with Dr. Kort. He was very thoughtful in answering our questions and helping us understand what to expect during our treatment process. He was patient and kind throughout, as well.
I prefer not to disclose the specifics of my own treatment strategies and protocols.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Insurance covered the majority of our costs.
Neway Medical
[Dr. Ralf Zimmermann] is the best. He is a very smart man and treatment me with the utmost respect. He would call back immediately when he was not able to answer my calls. He's always available through emails...took his time to speak with me. He did not push me to make any quick decisions...Be proactive and ask questions.
I love that they [Neway Medical] open early to accommodate those who work during the day. There will always be a person picking up the phone when you call in. It would be great if they can keep the center opened late to accommodate those who cannot make it in before work...We get one-on-one time with our nurses. Every patient was assigned to a nurse that will help you throughout the process. They're very supportive throughout the treatments.
How was your experience with Ralf Zimmermann (retired) at Neway Medical?
Dr. Zimmermann is the best. He is a very smart man and treatment me with the utmost respect. He would call back immediately when he was not able to answer my calls. He's always available through emails.
Be proactive and ask questions.
Dr. Zimmermann took his time to speak with me. He did not push me to make any quick decisions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
I love that they open early to accommodate those who work during the day. There will always be a person picking up the phone when you call in. It would be great if they can keep the center opened late to accommodate those who cannot make it in before work.
2015 - 2017, Successful
Dr Luk is compassionate and very smart. She is very knowledgable in her field. I have never left her office with questions unanswered. She always has a smile on her face which is nice to see at a place like a fertility clinic. I have recommended Dr Luk to many friends and acquaintances...I felt like a human because that is how she treated me. She called me from home on the weekends. When I had an emergency situation I called her at 2am and she returned my call. She knew my case top to bottom.
Very kind and caring...[Neway Medical was] Very clean, pretty and comfortable...They saw you even when you were late in arriving for the specific monitoring window. They also always had a smile when you were late...Dr Luk is compassionate and very smart. She is very knowledgable in her field. I have never left her office with questions unanswered. She always has a smile on her face which is nice to see at a place like a fertility clinic. I have recommended Dr Luk to many friends and acquaintances.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
She will try everything in her power to get you pregnant.
Two different drug protocols were used. The first wasn't the right for me but the second one was perfect. I was also placed on baby Aspirin and Estrace daily for the second time.
Very kind and caring.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Very clean, pretty and comfortable.
2017, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Janelle Luk] is very knowledgeable and has good bedside manner. I like that she chooses the most natural route possible. She seemed to know the details of my case which I appreciate. She is warm, but direct and allows you to make the final decisions with treatment after informing you of the options...We did mild stimulation for IVF egg retrieval. I have low amh, so a milder protocol was chosen to focus on egg quality instead of quantity.
We spent about $10k for a cycle of mild ivf and will be spending an additional $4k for a frozen transfer...The space is nice and the location is good. It was nice being close to Central Park for visits after the clinic...She [Dr. Janelle Luk] is very knowledgeable and has good bedside manner. I like that she chooses the most natural route possible. She seemed to know the details of my case which I appreciate. She is warm, but direct and allows you to make the final decisions with treatment after informing you of the options.
How was your experience with Janelle Luk at Neway Medical?
She is very knowledgeable and has good bedside manner. I like that she chooses the most natural route possible. She seemed to know the details of my case which I appreciate. She is warm, but direct and allows you to make the final decisions with treatment after informing you of the options.
Ask lots of questions
Her bedside manner was very good and all of the nurses were warm and helpful.Dr. Luk also remembered the details of my case.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Neway Medical.
Very warm and helpful. I felt like the clinic was very well staffed

2014, Unsuccessful
Jesse Hade was wonderful. He was caring and patient. I am not the easiest to deal with, I ask a ton of questions, and he took the time to answer every one of them. He walked me through every step of the IVF. He knows his trade....He took the time for all my questions. I never felt like he was in a hurry to move on to the next person. When it was my time, I felt like his only pt....He covers almost everything, but if he does not, ask!
The clinic [Neway Medical] is very professional and clean. Staff if kind and caring. The men's sample collection room could use some work, it was like a teen boys room. The rooms were comfortable and very private....[nurse] Kaylee was fantastic. She was always available if I called, anything I was not able to ask the doctor (due to embarrassment) I asked her. She is what all nurses need to strive to be...
How was your experience with Jesse Hade at Neway Medical?
Ask questions. He covers almost everything, but if he does not, ask! You will never know if you don't!
Describe the protocols Jesse Hade used in your cycles at Neway Medical and their degree of success.
Too long ago to remember
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The clinic is very professional and clean. Staff if kind and caring. The men's sample collection room could use some work, it was like a teen boys room. The rooms were comfortable and very private. Added words to make two hundred characters.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jesse Hade at Neway Medical.
Unknown
Describe Jesse Hade's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Neway Medical.
N/A Did not get this far.
Jesse Hade
Neway Medical
He's [Dr. Kort] very kind and compassionate. He took the time to explain the entire treatment. He was easily accessible via email or phone. He was willing to answer all my questions and concerns. He also reassured me that everything is alright....They [Neway Medical] open early to accommodate for the early monitoring sessions. The entire clinic was clean and relaxing. Be sure to have all your paperwork done prior to your first visit so you can get the most out of the appointment.
They [Neway Medical] open early to accommodate for the early monitoring sessions. The entire clinic was clean and relaxing. Be sure to have all your paperwork done prior to your first visit so you can get the most out of the appointment...Storage, medicine, procedure cost. Everything was up front so there are no surprise fees...He's [Dr. Kort] very kind and compassionate. He took the time to explain the entire treatment.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
He's very kind and compassionate. He took the time to explain the entire treatment. He was easily accessible via email or phone. He was willing to answer all my questions and concerns. He also reassured me that everything is alright.
Always ask questions.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
They open early to accommodate for the early monitoring sessions. The entire clinic was clean and relaxing. Be sure to have all your paperwork done prior to your first visit so you can get the most out of the appointment.
Neway Medical
Dr. Kort was professional, knowledgeable and reachable (via phone / email) every time I had questions from day one, throughout the course. I appreciate that Dr. Kort presents facts, statistics and options w/o imposing anything, explaining the risks, possible outcome and his suggestions, letting patient (me) breathe, and decide for myself. He never created an “urgency” to do one or other procedure.
Welcoming atmosphere, reasonable waiting times and great work hours: They’re open early AM and on Saturdays ... Neway fertility nursing staff is anything you can wish for. Welcoming, helpful, compassionate professionals. ... Dr. Kort and his staff are great - I never felt neglected, all my questions where promptly answered in person, phone or email. ... The ones [bills] I received so far, seem average market cost for particular type of procedures.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Ask questions. Dr. Kort will speak as much you will want him to speak.
Let’s face it – this whole experience can be very stressful, confusing and overwhelming. Dr. Kort and his staff are great - I never felt neglected, all my questions where promptly answered in person, phone or email. Throughout the entire course I felt welcomed and safe. The course went exactly as it was discussed in the very first consultation: we all – DR. Kort, my husband and myself agreed on a plan and proceeded accordingly.
I was lucky to have only one IUI procedure that resulted in pregnancy
Describe your experience with your nurse at Neway Medical. (Assigned nurse: no, but Jenifer is great. )
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
Welcoming atmosphere, reasonable waiting times and great work hours: They’re open early AM and on Saturdays............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Haven’t received all yet. Most is still being processed and reviewed by my insurance company . The ones I received so far, seem average market cost for particular type of procedures.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr Kort was very down to earth. I never felt rushed. He always explained everything in great detail...He always was on time for each appointment which was important as I work full time and always made sure to answer all of our questions and cover all of our concerns...really like Dr. Kort not only for his knowledge and our great outcomes but also for his bedside manner...
I really like that the clinic [Neway Medical] was well organized and clean. The staff were always quick to respond wether it was when I called with concerns or when I contacted them thru the online portal. Overall, dealing with infertility is very stressful and the staff were very good about making me feel less anxious about the whole process...They [nurses] were very friendly and personable...
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Both my husband and I really like Dr. Kort not only for his knowledge and our great outcomes but also for his bedside manner. He always was on time for each appointment which was important as I work full time and always made sure to answer all of our questions and cover all of our concerns.
Do not google just ask the doctor
We did day 5 frozen embryo transfer (we did pgs testing)
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Neway Medical.
They were very friendly and personable
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
I really like that the clinic was well organized and clean. The staff were always quick to respond wether it was when I called with concerns or when I contacted them thru the online portal. Overall, dealing with infertility is very stressful and the staff were very good about making me feel less anxious about the whole process.
I do not remember my insurance covered a lot. I did pay 500 for anesthesia and some more for pgs testing
We did eSET
Neway Medical

I had a wonderful experience with Dr Kort. He was always engaged, and I felt he genuinely cared for me and my family. He explained everything so we could really understand the process. He is patient and kind...He relayed information sensitively. He has an amazing bedside manner. I felt like I could relax through the process because my doctor had it all under control.
The [Neway Medical] clinic is well organized. I knew what I was going to get every time I went there because the flow worked and was the same every time. I was greeted by the same people who always knew my name. The clinic is clean, pretty, and very welcoming...the nursing staff is thorough. I've only worked with 3 nurses and each of them would go the extra mile if anything was needed. They are on top of it.
How was your experience with Daniel Kort at Neway Medical?
Don't bother seeing anyone else!
Dr Kort was thorough and kind. He relayed information sensitively. He has an amazing bedside manner. I felt like I could relax through the process because my doctor had it all under control.
Describe your experience with Neway Medical.
The clinic is well organized. I knew what I was going to get every time I went there because the flow worked and was the same every time. I was greeted by the same people who always knew my name. The clinic is clean, pretty, and very welcoming