400 Ashville Ave, Suite 200A
Cary, NC 27518

2020, Consult
[Dr. Toma] listened to my medical history, and asked me how aggressive I wanted to be with my treatment. We decided on IVF, and he explained (with visuals) the IVF process from start to finish. I appreciated the fact that he will allow me to be monitored at my local ob/gyn office due to the fact that I live a few hours away...told me that we will transfer one embryo when the time comes.
This was my first appointment [with North Carolina Center for Reproductive Medicine], however, I spoke with several ladies and they all were very nice. Barbara was amazing. She called me after I got the cost breakdown of my IVF cycle to see if I had any questions. I really appreciated that she understood that I had just been given a lot of information and she let me know that I could reach out to her with any further questions
How was your experience with Sameh Toma at North Carolina Center for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Toma didn't waste time diving into what we needed to do. My consultation was via telehealth video chat, and he greeted me with a smile. He listened to my medical history, and asked me how aggressive I wanted to be with my treatment. We decided on IVF, and he explained (with visuals) the IVF process from start to finish. I appreciated the fact that he will allow me to be monitored at my local ob/gyn office due to the fact that I live a few hours away. I also appreciate the fact the when I do have to go to his office he will have me, and my husband, doing a lot of things so that we don't have to make multiple trips. Overall, Dr. Toma was amazing, and I look forward to working with him through my IVF cycle.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sameh Toma at North Carolina Center for Reproductive Medicine?
The one piece of advice I would give is be open. I had an idea in my head of what was going to happen during my appointment, but by the end of the appointment my plans had totally changed, and I was okay with that change.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sameh Toma at North Carolina Center for Reproductive Medicine?
I was so nervous before my consultation; however, when I started my consultation with Dr. Toma I was immediately put at ease. He was so nice, and he explained what I would be experiencing when I start my IVF cycle. Also, everyone that I spoke to was so helpful, and so patient with me and my questions.
Describe the protocols Sameh Toma used in your cycles at North Carolina Center for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I am just starting my treatment plan. However, I was given the IVF cost breakdown, and a list of the different steps that are involved in the process.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at North Carolina Center for Reproductive Medicine.
This was my first appointment, however, I spoke with several ladies and they all were very nice. Barbara was amazing. She called me after I got the cost breakdown of my IVF cycle to see if I had any questions. I really appreciated that she understood that I had just been given a lot of information and she let me know that I could reach out to her with any further questions once I digested the information that I was given.
Describe your experience with North Carolina Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I have not physically gone to the clinic yet. Due to the pandemic I did my consultation via telehealth video. I like that they took care of the paperwork and copay before the appointment, and I appreciated that someone called to make sure my video equipment was working before my doctor came into the room. Also, during the consultation we had some video chat issues, but it was resolved quickly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sameh Toma at North Carolina Center for Reproductive Medicine.
The total cost of what I will be doing is a little over $9,000. I will be monitored at my ob/gyn which is a savings of $1,000. My consultation was only $40 because my insurance covered most of it.
Describe Sameh Toma's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at North Carolina Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Toma told me that we will transfer one embryo when the time comes.

2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Toma was very thorough. I didn't wait long to see him at each visit...I understood everything he had to say about the procedure and I felt very comfortable!... He isn't a hold your hand, stroke your hair kinda Dr. He lays out what is going on with you and the path or paths of treatment...he describes all of his treatment plans and procedures he offers on his website...I'm sure at times they can get busy and have extended wait times. I was blessed to be there on a non busy day. I
Everyone [at North Carolina Center for Reproductive Medicine] was friendly and welcoming. They explained what they were doing and why. I felt very comfortable here...this clinic was absolutely awesome. Nice and comforting. Clean and professional. I think the only weakness this clinic would have is that there aren't 2 Dr. Toma's. The staff was very organized and friendly. The operating facility was excellent and very very sterile. They have outstanding pricing based on the fact that they have their own facilities and that is a blessing in itself.
Dr. Toma was very thorough. I didn't wait long to see him at each visit. Although I'm sure at times they can get busy and have extended wait times. I was blessed to be there on a non busy day. I understood everything he had to say about the procedure and I felt very comfortable!
Just remember that he is a Dr. Not your friend. He is there to look at the facts and deliver them to you as honestly as he can. He isn't a hold your hand, stroke your hair kinda Dr. He lays out what is going on with you and the path or paths of treatment.
From the moment I walked in everyone was friendly and welcoming. The facilities were clean and very neat. Everyone greeted me using my nam. Very nice!
I don't want to quote anyone on the exact terminology and such but he describes all of his treatment plans and procedures he offers on his website.
Everyone was friendly and welcoming. They explained what they were doing and why. I felt very comfortable here.
Describe your experience with North Carolina Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Other than Covid-19 causing heavy restrictions and such this clinic was absolutely awesome. Nice and comforting. Clean and professional. I think the only weakness this clinic would have is that there aren't 2 Dr. Toma's. The staff was very organized and friendly. The operating facility was excellent and very very sterile. They have outstanding pricing based on the fact that they have their own facilities and that is a blessing in itself.
The total costs for what I had done totaled around 7k
Cary
Dr. Toma was very informative during our initial consult. He's not extremely nice or loving but I didnt really need that anyway. He did my egg retrieval all though I never saw him. When I had a specific question, the nurse would get it answered by him. He was great at making adjustments to meds as needed and when my cycle got canceled, made big adjustments for the next time...Don't expect much compassion or wonderful bedside manner. Just expect knowledge and facts!...My first cycle, I started off with 225 Gonal-F and 2 Menopur powders. The foses were upped when my e2 wasn't rising enough. But then my e2 dropped significantly and the cycle was canceled. My second cycle, I started off with 300 Gonal-F and 2 Menopur but that quickly got moved up again to 3 Menopur. He also uses cetrotitde and lupron to trigger.
I felt like a number simply because there was some lack in communication [at North Carolina Center for Reproductive Medicine]. But I did feel like a human most of the time because my medicine and things were tailored exactly to my specific infertility...My first cycle, I started off with 225 Gonal-F and 2 Menopur powders. The foses were upped when my e2 wasn't rising enough. But then my e2 dropped significantly and the cycle was canceled. My second cycle, I started off with 300 Gonal-F and 2 Menopur but that quickly got moved up again to 3 Menopur. He also uses cetrotitde and lupron to trigger.
I felt like a number simply because there was some lack in communication. But I did feel like a human most of the time because my medicine and things were tailored exactly to my specific infertility.
I did not get to transfer but I do know that he will transfer one or two because we discussed it in the consultation.

2023, Unsuccessful
We never saw him [Sameh Toma]. We only saw the nurses and other clinic staff. We felt like we weren’t taken seriously and like we were just a number because of this...It felt like they didn’t really care to find what was going on with our case other than a sperm count
Their [North Carolina Center for Reproductive Medicine] strength is their kindness and their prices are decent. They accept CareCredit, which is nice, but they cannot run it on the weekends. Communication is their weakness. They have an app to use but nobody answers messages on there and test results are not uploaded to it...Everyone [nurses] is lovely and personable. They explain everything and are compassionate about your situation.
We never saw him. We only saw the nurses and other clinic staff. We felt like we weren’t taken seriously and like we were just a number because of this. The clinic overall was ok. We just felt like we were going through the motions and not trying to figure out why treatments weren’t working.
Be prepared to see a different person each time you go in office.
Everyone is lovely and personable. They explain everything and are compassionate about your situation.
Describe your experience with North Carolina Center for Reproductive Medicine.
Their strength is their kindness and their prices are decent. They accept CareCredit, which is nice, but they cannot run it on the weekends. Communication is their weakness. They have an app to use but nobody answers messages on there and test results are not uploaded to it.
Cary

[Dr. Sameh Toma] was very clear about what we should expect They were very polite and helpful and communicated everything very clearly and made sure we understood everything we may need and need to do including medications and cost...I had a tube reversal and it went very well and he explained afterwards that it was my husband that had the issue my husband did not know and he explained what we would need to do as far as IVF
I think they [North Carolina Center for Reproductive Medicine] were great only thing I think would help is if they would help with finding more funding resources to help with the medication and IVF cost to help with the frustrations of the whole process...[the nursing staff at NCCRM] are all very helpful sweet and down to earth...Everybody was so nice and explained everything clearly
He was very clear about what we should expect They were very polite and helpful and communicated everything very clearly and made sure we understood everything we may need and need to do including medications and cost
Make sure you ask every question you have because he is very eager to answer
Everybody was so nice and explained everything clearly
They are all very helpful sweet and down to earth
Describe your experience with North Carolina Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I think they were great only thing I think would help is if they would help with finding more funding resources to help with the medication and IVF cost to help with the frustrations of the whole process
They are very reasonable but still out of our range
Cary
I think he [Dr. Toma] is a great Dr just kind of rushed through... I think he may not have a great sense of compassion but he keeps it real. I think he has great reviews and we will never get everything we expect but he has done great so far. Still in the early stages....he reccomend that we start as soon as possible due to age and fibroids. We started put treatmeant with vitimans and CoQ10 prenatal fish oil vitamin D, C & E oval vit
I think they [North Carolina Ctr for Reproductive Medicine] may need another full time nurse the one they have is swamped I think but she is very nice... I think he is a good Doctor. I think he may not have a great sense of compassion but he keeps it real. I think he has great reviews and we will never get everything we expect but he has done great so far. Still in the early stages.... he reccomend that we start as soon as possible due to age and fibroids.
If you don't u derstand ask questions and have some prepared when you go.
I think he is a great Dr just kind of rushed through
Well he reccomend that we start as soon as possible due to age and fibroids. We started put treatmeant with vitimans and CoQ10 prenatal fish oil vitamin D, C & E oval vit
I think they may need another full time nurse the one they have is swamped I think but she is very nice
Describe your experience with North Carolina Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I think that you have to go find out for yourself. People look at things different and want different. So far I am happy with everything. I dont know what else to say. You have to make that decision on your own
We haven't discussed that yet
Cary

He [Dr. Toma] wasn't very involved, he communicated with me through the Medical Assistant. I never really sat down with him and talked about my care, it was all through her and the nurses...I understand he sees a lot of patients but while he was doing my saline ultrasound he started asking me questions that he already asked me before. He should have known all that information already... I trusted that he is good at what he does but his communication with patients or at least with me could have been better.
I loved Brenda, the front desk lady. She was so helpful and very nice. The facility [NC CRM] itself was great! Well kept and made you feel welcomed...The monitoring process was first come first serve within certain hours which worked for me since i had to drive 2.5 hours to get there...[Nurse] Carla was great! She answered every question and made sure to repeat instructions to make sure i understood. She always called me back and was very nice and caring. She showed my husband a good technique to give me the shots...
He wasn't very involved, he communicated with me through the Medical Assistant. I never really sat down with him and talked about my care, it was all through her and the nurses. I was referred to him by a friend and I trusted that he is good at what he does but his communication with patients or at least with me could have been better.
To demand to talk to him instead of the medical assistant
I don't remember exact dosages but i did have to increase my usage at one point
Describe your experience with your nurse at North Carolina Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Carla)
Describe your experience with North Carolina Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I loved Brenda, the front desk lady. She was so helpful and very nice. The facility itself was great! Well kept and made you feel welcomed
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at North Carolina Center for Reproductive Medicine.
I paid about $4000 for the cycle plus $800 for cyst aspiration plus $600 for sperm analysis $60 for medicine class $165 for initial counseling and the medicine i paid about $4000 to the pharmacy Carla sent my prescription to.
We never spoke about the number of embryo transfer. I was expecting 2 embryos to be transferred at one time but only 1 embryo survived so that wasn't even a factor
Greensboro (closed)
[Dr. Toma was] very caring, observant, quick response with any questions i had...treatment for embryo transfer PIO shots, estrogen blood work...He asked alot of questions from my past IVF cycles. Dr. Toma is also a funnydoctor which is a good thing. some times going to a appt could be depressing but he would change your mood
Dr. Toma [at North Carolina Center for Reproductive Medicine] is great. I didnt have any issues. I LOVE the clinic and the staff. He asked alot of questions from my past IVF cycles. Dr. Toma is also a funnydoctor which is a good thing. some times going to a appt could be depressing but he would change your mood...i was able to transfer 2 embryos...very clean, friendly, positive vibes and energy. the clinic there are no weakness with this clinic. i give them a overall 10. I was recommended to NCCRM and glad i was able to come to this clinic. The front desk is also amazing
Dr. Toma is great. I didnt have any issues. I LOVE the clinic and the staff. He asked alot of questions from my past IVF cycles. Dr. Toma is also a funnydoctor which is a good thing. some times going to a appt could be depressing but he would change your mood
ask any questions you have
very caring, observant, quick response with any questions i had.
treatment for embryo transfer PIO shots, estrogen blood work
Describe your experience with your nurse at North Carolina Center for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Folita)
excellent nurse