LGBTQ+ Care
LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

55 Francisco Street
San Francisco, CA 94133

Set a great treatment plan that gave me 400 times better than expected results. Explained the process throroughly and provided a good summary of results at the end. The Dr [Chenette] was available through nurses to answer questions and was key to making my experience a good one...Don’t expect to see him on every visit, but know that he is available for questions and the other doctors on staff are also fantastic...I was on a moderate dose of menopur and follistim for 11 days. My trigger was a mixed lupron/hcg due to having a large number of follicles.
Clinic [Pacific Fertility Center] is well run and organized. They are open on weekends and easy to communicate with. Everything is well explained and the process went very smoothly for me from my visit visit to subsequent ones. I had zero problems getting appointments when I needed them...Smooth process, quick response to questions and easy scheduling...Full cost with all visits was approximately 21k... he [Dr. Chenette] is available for questions and the other doctors on staff are also fantastic.
How was your experience with Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
Set a great treatment plan that gave me 400 times better than expected results. Explained the process throroughly and provided a good summary of results at the end. The Dr was available through nurses to answer questions and was key to making my experience a good one.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
Smooth process, quick response to questions and easy scheduling
Describe the protocols Philip Chenette used in your cycles at Pacific Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Clinic is well run and organized. They are open on weekends and easy to communicate with. Everything is well explained and the process went very smoothly for me from my visit visit to subsequent ones. I had zero problems getting appointments when I needed them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center.
Full cost with all visits was approximately 21k.
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Dr Isabel Ryan is smart and patient she knows that this is a difficult situation and clarified any questions we had. She was open about what the next steps would be and did not sugar coat anything. She asked us to call her anytime we had any questions and when my husband needed further clarification we received it by talking to dr Ryan.... She informed me that with previous doctors results she does not see me naturally using my own eggs
The clinic [Pacific Fertility Center- San Francisco] is. Lean and everyone is friendly. The weaknesses would be trying to get a quick appointment is a little difficult. You would need to wait at least 2 weeks to get in all of your appointments in.... Everyone was nice and understood that we were there because of something difficult that was happening.... Just going in to see the doctor is $350 every time. We have the cost for the genetic counselor any medications from $10-500 any blood work is around $200 and so much more
How was your experience with Isabelle Ryan at Pacific Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Isabelle Ryan at Pacific Fertility Center?
To ask lots of questions and write down anything you may forget.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Isabelle Ryan at Pacific Fertility Center?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: A team of people )
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
The clinic is. Lean and everyone is friendly. The weaknesses would be trying to get a quick appointment is a little difficult. You would need to wait at least 2 weeks to get in all of your appointments in.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Isabelle Ryan at Pacific Fertility Center.
San Francisco

Dr. Chenette is very caring, genuine and sympathetic. He spends time going over the procedure, what he is doing or will do and answers any and all questions. He is open to setting up 30 minute phone consults to answer questions. He is extremely thorough. There was only two times where I felt he could have been more sympathetic-- both times involved him explaining about men's sperm quality vs women's egg quality....Don't expect that he will be the one doing your procedure; it may be another doctor at the same clinic.
The clinic [Pacific Fert] is extremely organized. The facility is really nice and the nursing staff is great. One weakness is the clinical coordinator I was partnered with...The nurse was very helpful in answering all my questions. The nursing staff was great-- extremely friendly, helpful, and kind. I did not like my care coordinator, Laura Begay. She was always busy, all conversations felt rushed and she was not compassionate at all. There were numerous times I was at the office and wanted to meet her face to face, but she never once introduced herself to me in person and every time I asked the staff if she was available, she was too busy. Once her part is complete, she is quick to pass off other issues to other staff. She is very to the point and blunt and I wished many times she showed a little compassion to me.
How was your experience with Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
Dr. Chenette is very caring, genuine and sympathetic. He spends time going over the procedure, what he is doing or will do and answers any and all questions. He is open to setting up 30 minute phone consults to answer questions. He is extremely thorough. There was only two times where I felt he could have been more sympathetic-- both times involved him explaining about men's sperm quality vs women's egg quality. He seemed very pro-male, stating that the majority of the time the issue is in the women. Even if that is true, and I trust him, it doesn't sound great coming out. Also, after our first retrieval, he mentioned that my husband did a "great job" and made it seem like I didn't. I was overly sensitive at the time (extra hormones) and wished that he didn't say it like that but rather, be more sensitive in the way he phrased that comment. I know he means well. He is extremely genuine and overall a great doctor.
Don't expect that he will be the one doing your procedure; it may be another doctor at the same clinic. Ask a lot of questions because he is great at answering them.
Doctor Chenette is very caring and genuine. He speaks softly, remains calm and he spends times to explain things and answer questions.
First retrieval: 200 IU of Follistim; 150IU of Menopur; prenatal vitamin, HCG trigger shot and lupron two nights(?) before retrieval. Baseline ultrasound day 2 of cycle and Ultrasounds during the stim process. Second retrieval (in process): 200 IU of Follistim, Morning and evening 10 units of Lupron, .2ml LD hCG, prenatal vitamin and CoQ10 and DHEA.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Iris)
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
The clinic is extremely organized. The facility is really nice and the nursing staff is great. One weakness is the clinical coordinator I was partnered with. Her name is Laura Begay and she was not compassionate at all.
roughly $22K for the retrieval and around $3K for medication (1st time) second time: roughly $15K for retrieval and around $1500 for medication
Describe Philip Chenette's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific Fertility Center.
Dr. Chenette is an advocate for single embryo transfer. He strongly discourages multiple embryo transfer

2011 - 2017, Unsuccessful
Dr Givens was a good communicator, empathetic and professional. She has a conservative approach. She recommended the same protocol 9 times, all which failed, and when I asked multiple times if there was anything experimental I could try she said no, you should think about using a surrogate...If you... do not need a touchy feeling Dr, she is a good fit. She is quick, direct and to the point which I actually appreciate...If you want a doctor that is going to think outside the box, do research on your behalf and bring you all the latest information available whether she agrees with the treatment or not, she is not the right fit for you.
PFC is fancy. Very nice, clean and huge for SF. They have appointments before work hours (8:30am) and there is plenty of parking in the area. Office tends to be crowded but I never felt that it lacked privacy...The PFC staff was organized, compassionate, friendly, and available. Embryologists were great too...During a transfer I was lead to a room that hadn't been cleaned from the previous procedure because they were so jam packed with procedures on the same day. It was chaos.
How was your experience with Carolyn Givens at Pacific Fertility Center?
Dr Givens was a good communicator, empathetic and professional. She has a conservative approach. She recommended the same protocol 9 times, all which failed, and when I asked multiple times if there was anything experimental I could try she said no, you should think about using a surrogate. Come to find out there are experimental things located within 2 hours of her office. She wrote a paper in 2010 around immunology and IVIG. Her paper was not supporting this treatment, but that's not what I asked. So, if you have a typical case I would recommend her. If you don't and would like to think more outside the box with your treatment, I would recommend you go to another clinic.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carolyn Givens at Pacific Fertility Center?
If you have a typical case and do not need a touchy feeling Dr, she is a good fit. She is quick, direct and to the point which I actually appreciate. I don't want to hang out at the clinic any more then I have to. If you want a doctor that is going to think outside the box, do research on your behalf and bring you all the latest information available whether she agrees with the treatment or not, she is not the right fit for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carolyn Givens at Pacific Fertility Center?
From 2011 to 2012 the PFC experience seemed boutique and custom. Dr's had reviewed charts prior to entering the room and came to the table with a plan. When I returned to begin transfers for a second child in 2014 the clinic was different. Much more crowded, rushed and even one of the nurses said to me that they were now so busy she had to remind the Dr's about each patient. During a transfer I was lead to a room that hadn't been cleaned from the previous procedure because they were so jam packed with procedures on the same day. It was chaos.
Describe the protocols Carolyn Givens used in your cycles at Pacific Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Round 1: age 36; retrieval using Follistim, Ganarelix, Menapure; great results; recommended against genetic testing as I had never been pregnant before; 29 eggs; 15 embroys (all excellent grade); Fresh transfer of 2 embryos; negative pregnancy test (Dr Given's said it was because I hyper stimulated but I had so many embroys she decided to move forward. Round 2: Frozen natural cycle; cancelled due to lining being too thin Round 3: Frozen cycle using stim drugs to help with lining; cancelled due to me ovulating Round 4: Frozen cycle using progesterone and estrogen injections (Dr Given's called this the gold standard to help with thin lining) Lining only got to a 6. Dr Chenet told me I "needed to buy a uterus" at a lining check but that it was Dr Given's call. I requested NOT to see Dr Chenet at future appointments. Dr Given's decided to give it a shot. Transfered 2 embryos; resulted in birth of 1 baby 9 months later: Rounds 5 & 6: Used same protocol as Round 4 both ending in chemical pregnancies Endometrial biopsy - Dr Given's didn't get enough tissue the first time so I had to do this twice. It's painful and delays the process. Biopsy came back fine meaning we were doing transfers on the correct day Went through the rest of the embroys using the same protocol as round 4 with negative pregnancy tests each time. Now out of of embryos Dr Given's reason was that they were not genetically tested. Retrieval #2: 15 eggs; 6 embryos; 3 genetically normal 2 transfers using the same protocol as round 4. Negative pregnancies both times. Thin lining continued through out each round (between 6 and 7) - reco is a 10 With 1 embro left Dr Given's recommended another retrieval and using a surrogate. I did the research and decided that route was not for me. Moved embryo to a new clinic and started from scratch.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Donna is wonderful)
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Carolyn Givens at Pacific Fertility Center.
My first cycles were on a special value plan. I can't remember the exact costs but because I was only 36 and using my own eggs I qualified. Everything outside of that was a la carte. My insurance didn't provide coverage so everything was out of pocket. There were no payment plans offered.
Describe Carolyn Givens's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific Fertility Center.
Dr Given's and the staff at PFC have a conservative approach. When asked about alternative medicine, experimental treatments, ways of eating, etc. they all seem to blow it off as there is "not sufficient research"
San Francisco
Dr. Li thoroughly answered any questions I had. She is not intimidating and is very patient. She is very kind and I felt she is very empathetic. Also, she smiles but is not overly professional like some doctors I've encountered. [At Pacific Fertility Center] $2000 for IUI, $25,000 to $30,000 approx for egg retrieval. $3,500 approx for each frozen embryo transfer. All approximations based on memory.
[Pacific Fertility Center is] mostly a well organized system. Needed documentation should be checked well before beginning a cycle and documents needing witnessing could have been done while I was there for other appointments but was not planned for convenience of patient. They recently adjusted this to online signatures which they should have done a long time ago. Dumb that they make you make an appointment to speak with a financial advisor and all the financial advisor does is tell you in two sentences how much it will cost. They could just email this information, make you sign it that you understand and give you a number to call if you have questions instead of wasting your time.
How was your experience with Liyun Li at Pacific Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Liyun Li at Pacific Fertility Center?
Not sure
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Liyun Li at Pacific Fertility Center?
Dr. Li seemed to sincerely care.
Describe the protocols Liyun Li used in your cycles at Pacific Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Unsure
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jerilee or Lindsay)
Patient
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Pacific Fertility Center.
Appointments were not made to be very convenient
Describe the costs associated with your care under Liyun Li at Pacific Fertility Center.
Describe Liyun Li's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific Fertility Center.
I believe the facility's policy is based on age and they are strict on one embryo per cycle because of the health risk involved with multiples.

2011 - 2017, Successful
Dr Givens was always patient through all our questions, explained things clearly during uncertain situations and was kind and always professional. She never pressured us into IVF or using donor eggs, even when that was the most logical next steps. She always gave her opinion during appropriate times but really acted almost like a trusted counselor.... Dr Givens and her staff were always responsive to my needs, timely and we felt well informed during a stressful and oftentimes complicated process. My husband and I have high standards and we felt like PFC in general exceeded our expectations in almost every area!
PFC is a well oiled machine. They take pride in every aspect of your care and it shows! From the front desk staff to the nurses and doctors, everyone was professional and well informed to do a good job.... Dr Givens and her staff were always responsive to my needs, timely and we felt well informed during a stressful and oftentimes complicated process. My husband and I have high standards and we felt like PFC in general exceeded our expectations in almost every area!
How was your experience with Carolyn Givens at Pacific Fertility Center?
To ask as many questions you deem necessary and Dr Givens will gladly answer and help you come to a decision you're comfortable with. Read up, do your research but have realistic expectations based on your age, situation etc.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jennise)
Always responsive, caring and informative.
San Francisco
She is a great doctor; smart, conservative, and compassionate. I would recommend her to my friends. Only thing you won't get from her is non-traditional medical advice. She is strictly by the book...DR. Ryan is a perfect mix of a doctor that will give it to you straight and be compassionate at the same time.
[At PFC] Egg Retrieval costs were close to 9K; Making the embyro's were about 6K; transfer was 2,500; and icsi was about 2K...She [Dr. Isabelle Ryan] is a great doctor; smart, conservative, and compassionate. I would recommend her to my friends. Only thing you won't get from her is non-traditional medical advice. She is strictly by the book...DR. Ryan is a perfect mix of a doctor that will give it to you straight and be compassionate at the same time.
How was your experience with Isabelle Ryan at Pacific Fertility Center?
She is great and will answer all your questions. Bring everything you want to the table, she'll get you the answers.
Describe the protocols Isabelle Ryan used in your cycles at Pacific Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Alvi )
Describe Isabelle Ryan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific Fertility Center.
We were highly recommended to only put in one single embryo for our transfer because we did chromosomal testing.

2014 - 2016, Successful
My husband and I were so pleased with the first consultation. Dr Li listened to our journey, made suggestions and always respect our feelings. My husband likes to have an analytical response on the probability outcomes and Dr. Li always gave him great answers...As a patient, I always felt that Dr. Li was there for me. We could schedule a phone call with her anytime we wanted to discuss something important, and the most difficult times, when i had the miscarriages she always took time to talk to us. She respected that i wanted to have a little time until i would feel better but at the time she would talk to her I felt the comfort that she knew what i was going thru and she cared for me.
At Pacific fertility center you always do talk to a human being and to make the first consultation appointment as well as any other appointment with your Doctor, Counselor etc. I am very impressed of how efficient the Clinic is 2. The Clinic is very clean and have an amazing decoration, you don't feel you are in the middle of a hospital. 3. While wait in the reception to be called, the view of the pier is incredible, there are lots of magazines for you to pick one and read, the music is very relaxing and you can get a hot beverage as well...
How was your experience with Liyun Li at Pacific Fertility Center?
As a patient, I always felt that Dr. Li was there for me. We could schedule a phone call with her anytime we wanted to discuss something important, and the most difficult times, when i had the miscarriages she always took time to talk to us. She respected that i wanted to have a little time until i would feel better but at the time she would talk to her I felt the comfort that she knew what i was going thru and she cared for me. We would talk about what happened, and we would do other test like Endometrial Receptivity Array and other blood test to check Immune system issue etc. I always felt so much better after talking to Dr Li. After the transfer of my last embryo and an unsuccessful pregnancy, we had to think what to do. For my surprise, my company announced that our insurance plan added the Infertility treatment but unfortunately PFC is not in the insurance list clinics. The last call that we had with Dr. Li i was in tears and Dr Li said that my dream is the first priority that she will support me and understood that i have to choose another clinic because of the insurance coverage. Dr. Li is an amazing professional but also a wonderful human being. We always had her support and compassion in the years of our journey at PFC.
Dr. Li has lots of knowledge about the infertility issues. Make sure to schedule the appointments either in person or via phone. Make a list of all your questions because she will answer all of them.
In 2014, we decided to choose another Infertility clinic because we were going to move out from Texas and relocate to the Bay Area. After doing some research online, I liked the reviews of Pacific Fertility Center in San Francisco. I had no idea which doctor to pick and when i called to make an appointment on the day that we were available in SF it was Dr Liyun Li who was available. My husband and I were so pleased with the first consultation. Dr Li listened to our journey, made suggestions and always respect our feelings. My husband likes to have an analytical response on the probability outcomes and Dr. Li always gave him great answers. For instance , i had tried for the second time to retrieve my own eggs and check whether we could have a day 5 blastocyst, i knew that being over 40 it would be difficult but we wanted to try. We had a long conversation with Dr. Li about the results. Dr Li. explained every detail and always answered any question we had. When Dr. Li told us that we could still continue to try to retrieve my own eggs because we could get a good quality egg but it would take around 10 or more egg retrievals, she spoke my husbands language, giving us an explanation in the statistic way. We love Dr. Li and we will always be grateful that we had an opportunity to have her as our RE doctor.
I had 4 embryos - day 5 blastocyst and the protocol used was : 1. Ultrasound and blood test on the 2nd or 3rd day of the cycle 2. Start Delestrogene shots -every 2 or 3 days -0.2 ml 3. after 10 days ultrasound and blood test 4. Start Progesterone - Ethyl oleate 1 ml - 5 days prior to Embryo transfer 5. Emnbryo transfer after 5 days of Progesterone shots 6. Continue shots of progesterone every day, and delestrogene 2 x week 7 . after 9 days, blood test HCG Beta 8. if positive continue with progesterone and delestrogene until reach week 9
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Pacific Fertility Center.
I don't know how i would survived without the Dr Lis Care team. When I had just a random question, i would send them an email and i always got a response on the same day. When i started to bleed when i was pregnant the nurse would call me in less than an hour and I could make an appointment if I felt something was wrong. I will always be grateful for a special nurse : Lindsay. She is my hero. She used to send me cards by mail, I used to cry with a smile on my face and felt so much happiness when reading her words. She was always checking on me after a negative HCG or a miscarriage and i felt a lot of comfort by having her there at PFC
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
I had to do research while I lived in Texas and here in the San Francisco area and i have to say that Pacific Fertility clinic is really a top on the service. Find below my points. 1. When you choose a new Infertility clinic and you are a new patient, usually you have to talk to a central office or a different number of the clinic. I experienced that i had to answer a questionnaire and leave a detail message on the answering machine, lots of clinics don't answer and you never talk to a human being to make the first consultation, HOWEVER at Pacific fertility center you always do talk to a human being and to make the first consultation appointment as well as any other appointment with your Doctor, Counselor etc. I am very impressed of how efficient the Clinic is 2. The Clinic is very clean and have an amazing decoration, you don't feel you are in the middle of a hospital. 3. While wait in the reception to be called, the view of the pier is incredible, there are lots of magazines for you to pick one and read, the music is very relaxing and you can get a hot beverage as well 4. I had to change the clinic and i need to send historical data , letter from the Counselor etc, i am still sending emails to PFC requesting documents and they are always in contact with me sending me what i need to proceed to the other clinic
I went thru the following procedures: 1. Egg retrieval : Medication around $4000 , each ultrasound $255 , each blood test $150 , hcg test $135 2. frozen Egg donor - total $21000 each embryo transfer : $2900 Embryo Transfer 950.00 US Guidance for Embryo Transfer 315.00 Assisted Hatching 685.00 Prep Embryos 575.00 Thaw Embryos 375.00 Progesterone - $360 3 vials Delestrogene - $230 each vial each ultrasound $255 , each blood test $150 , hcg test $135
I hear a lot of debates regarding to eSET and multiple, but my reaction about just do a eSET was positive, since the goal of the treatment is to have a health baby and a health mom, which for me it's sufficient to approve the eSET

2014 - 2016, 22 Eggs Frozen
I can't [remember] if Dr Givens or another dr harvested my eggs. I had such great results and felt so comfortable overall there that it didn't matter. I've met with her twice recently to discuss next steps (turning my frozen eggs into embryos and implantation to become pregnant) and she is open to answering any and all questions I have and new information I may have read up on that she hasn't heard about yet...things are happening quickly in this field.
You are going almost daily if not daily for a week when your eggs are growing and I think I saw a different dr [at Pacific Fertility Center] each day for the sonogram. I liked all but one. Her bedside manner was nonexistent and I think she laughed at one of my questions in a scoffing manner. I already felt like an alien growing eggs and full of hormone shots so I didn't need this dr I had never met acting that way. I gave that feedback during my "exit interview" after my eggs were frozen. T
How was your experience with Carolyn Givens at Pacific Fertility Center?
During an egg retrieval cycle, you see one of the doctors that's available when you go into the office. You are going almost daily if not daily for a week when your eggs are growing and I think I saw a different dr each day for the sonogram. I liked all but one. Her bedside manner was nonexistent and I think she laughed at one of my questions in a scoffing manner. I already felt like an alien growing eggs and full of hormone shots so I didn't need this dr I had never met acting that way. I gave that feedback during my "exit interview" after my eggs were frozen. They seemed genuinely interested in knowing how I felt about my interaction with that dr. Everyone else was great. I can't rem if Dr Givens or another dr harvested my eggs. I had such great results and felt so comfortable overall there that it didn't matter. I've met with her twice recently to discuss next steps (turning my frozen eggs into embryos and implantation to become pregnant) and she is open to answering any and all questions I have and new information I may have read up on that she hasn't heard about yet...things are happening quickly in this field.
Ask a lot of questions and do your research. For the egg retrieval portion, it's pretty straightforward and takes up a month of your life. I've found that it's better to talk to as many people as possible when moving forward with the rest of the IVF process. There are many more moving parts and things to know.
PFC does a lot of business. That's just a fact and it's obvious when you're in the office and when you call in. This is not really your friendly neighborhood doctors office with just your Dr or a couple docs, it's a practice and a center with a lot going on. I like that it was this way. It feels both high end (makes you think modern and successful in producing live births) and super professional.
The drugs I took were Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix and HCG. I ended up going for a couple more days to let the eggs get even bigger so I needed more Menopur which I was able to pick up at the office (PFC). They keep drugs on hand for this last minute purpose as the rest comes in the mail ahead of your cycle. I ended up with 28 eggs retrieved and 22 were frozen. Given my age at the time of 39.5, I would have to think her protocol worked well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: I had a team and email stream with team on it. )
I don't think I had a specific nurse, but I did have a coordinator and team assigned to me. I was able to email my team specifically so the best person could always pick up my question and respond. When you are in your cycle, you are always able to reach someone and get really fast service. I think they work weekends. When I called after hours, a dr called me right back to answer my question.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Strengths: professional, discreet, convenient location to get in and out of, highly qualified doctors, the office feels brand new, fancy fertility lab onsite surrounded by glass so you can see them when leaving, their own egg donation center across the hall from their offices, very responsive when you are an active patient, nice nurses and doctors, your own financial contact who handles your payments and answers any questions you may have.
I think my total fees for egg retrieval in 2014 was $12,000. That included all of my drugs. I think the finance person grossly underestimated how much my drugs would be. The dr. Also added more at the end to let my eggs "cook" a bit more. On their price sheet in 2014, they list X-Cycle Fee as $8,345. They say this includes 4 of each of the following---office visits, ultrasounds, Estradiol as well as one of each of the following---anesthesia, egg retrieval, facility, lab, cryo preservation & one yr of storage ($600). Blood testing, ultrasound and at least one office visit were covered by my insurance as they will not cover fertility treatments, but do pay for "diagnostic procedures and tests provided in connection with infertility evaluation. Office visits and consultation used to diagnose infertility."

2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
Dr. Ryan was very encouraging even when it felt like a long never ending road, but in the end she was right on and set clear expectations and met them...Although she may not make small talk, she is always there to answer questions and never rushes you...Dr. Ryan was excellent. Although her fist impression on the phone was not the best, in person she explained everything clearly. She proceeded to be very caring, very thorough and I trust her immensely. I would highly recommend her. C
Communication with the nurses [at Pacific Fertility Center] was also easy over email and the online portal kept everything very organized. At times fertility treatment can be overwhelming but the staff, nurses and doctors all make it as easy as it can be....It's a nice space with kind people. They were always on time. The cost were always straightforward. I just wish I had had more assistance coordinating with my insurance company.
How was your experience with Isabelle Ryan at Pacific Fertility Center?
Dr. Ryan was excellent. Although her fist impression on the phone was not the best, in person she explained everything clearly. She proceeded to be very caring, very thorough and I trust her immensely. I would highly recommend her. Communication with the nurses was also easy over email and the online portal kept everything very organized. At times fertility treatment can be overwhelming but the staff, nurses and doctors all make it as easy as it can be.
I was diagnosed with annovulation a and possible PCOS. I had tried letrozole for several months prior to seeing Dr. Ryan (with my ob/gyn). We tried IUI with letrozole twice without any success. I then had a very successful egg retrieval (34) and had the eggs tested and then frozen (20). We then did the first transfer with only a brief chemical pregnancy, but the second time it worked and I'm now 10 Weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Alvi)
They were always very clear on what to do next with calendars and always took time to explain all the injections and procedures. They were also very responsive by email and phone.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
I don't remember this off hand but it is all clear on the website. It was straightforward.

2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
Dr. Chenette was very forward but also compassionate when we first met with him during our initial consultation. My partner and I were both young and that point and were not necessarily ready to start treatment right away. We explained that to [him] and he was not aggressive towards us at all...I was than given letrozole to take on cd 3 to 7, went in for ultrasounds about twice during my ovulation phase and than gave myself the ovation trigger shot. During my two week wait I was given a progesterone suppository to take nightly
Most of the communication I had was actually through them [Pacific Fertility Center nurses]. They would provide with me charts to remember when to take my medication, what time to take certain tests and were also very compassionate with my loss...The team was very helpful in coordinating with my insurance and explaining the costs and also helped me find the best deal for out of pocket expenses.
How was your experience with Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
Dr. Chenette was very forward but also compassionate when we first met with him during our initial consultation. My partner and I were both young and that point and were not necessarily ready to start treatment right away. We explained that to the Dr. and he was not aggressive towards us at all. We decided to start treatment about 6 months after our initial visit and he was there to greet us and explained everything in detail. Being that it was our first time going through fertility treatment we had so many questions and he never hesitated to answer any of them. Our first round of IUI treatment did not work and he changed my dosage of medication to have a better chance next time. When we experienced the pre term/stillbirth of our son we were heart broken. Dr. Chenette reached out to us and let us know how sorry he was for us. When we decided we wanted to try again he made sure that we were ready not only physically but mentally as well.
If you have any questions beforehand, make sure to write them down and bring them with you to your appointment to get as much information as you can before starting treatment.
The doctors and nurses bedside manner was so warm. On my first positive pregnancy I was on edge and constantly asking questions and they were always quick to respond and make me feel so comfortable
I was first prescribed progesterone to jumpstart my period. I was than given letrozole to take on cd 3 to 7, went in for ultrasounds about twice during my ovulation phase and than gave myself the ovation trigger shot. During my two week wait I was given a progesterone suppository to take nightly. This first cycle ended in a negative test and the Dr. increased my dosage for letrozole for the next cycle. Same procedure was followed and this cycle resulted in a positive pregnancy test. I unfortunately lost my son at 21 weeks this cycle. After about 3 months of my son passing, we began trying again with the same procedure. The first cycle was a negative test and the next 2 cycles were positive but not ended in early miscarriages.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center.
The nursing staff was just as great as Dr. Chenette. Most of the communication I had was actually through them. They would provide with me charts to remember when to take my medication, what time to take certain tests and were also very compassionate with my loss. I remember on my first visit back to to the office after my loss, they had a huge bouquet of beautiful flowers for me. This simple gesture showed how compassionate they are as a team.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
My husn=band and I had gone to many different clinics for consultations and ultimately decided on Pacific fertility center because of all the great qualities they had. This included the dr, the nurses and all staff. The location was great as well. Although it was by the Embarcadero in san Francisco, public transportation was available and very close by. I honestly cannot think of anything negative to say about the clinic, although unfortunately I was not able to have a live birth, I do not believe it has anything to do with the clinic or the team. I expressed to them after my last miscarriage that my husband and I would be taking a break from any treatment for a while and they were very understanding and made sure that I would be welcome when I decided to try again.
I was fortunate to have some of my expenses covered through my insurance. For each ultrasound appointment I believe I paid about $300. Most of my medication was a covered by insurance as well. I did have to pay out of pocket for the trigger shot which cost about $150. The team was very helpful in coordinating with my insurance and explaining the costs and also helped me find the best deal for out of pocket expenses.
2014 - 2016, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Liyun Li] was always available to answer questions, in person, over the phone or email. She was aware of my personal situation beyond fertility and was friendly and conversational. She was good at explaining on my level along with science and statistics and was honest about "chance/luck" pkaying a role, for better or worse.
Biggest weakness [at Pacific Fertility Center] is the egg donor agency. I would never recommend them. So much hardship was felt as we went through 2 donors who were discharged during my cycles for undisclosed medical reasons and the third declined to participate, causing us to lose one full year. The clinics response was that we had a bad stroke of luck. After investing $30k, you can imagine how poorly this went over with us, but we felt stuck. They had our money, so we had to keep working with them. Fortunately in the end ourfinal donor worjed out and we had 13 embryos frozen. The clinic side us top notch, frim the Dr's, nurses, staff, hours, i only wish all healthcare could br this good.
How was your experience with Liyun Li at Pacific Fertility Center?
Please refer to my previous response
Ask questions and probe, don't hesitate to call or email with follow-ups.
She was always available to answer questions, in person, over the phone or email. She was aware of my personal situation beyond fertility and was friendly and conversational. She was good at explaining on my level along with science and statistics and was honest about "chance/luck" pkaying a role, for better or worse.
My first cycle was a fresh donor egg cycle requring 3 Rx of shots. In the second and 3rd cycle she recomended Prometrium via vaginal inserts, which i did not care fir and requested shots fir the 3rd round. She urged me to continue w/Prometrium vaginally due to the potentcy and proximity to the uterus it is applied. I took her suggestion hesitantly, however the 3rd round was a success, so worth it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lindsey)
Very kind, sweet, attentive, and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Biggest weekness is the egg donor agency. I would never recommend them. So much hardship was felt as we went through 2 donors who were discharged during my cycles for undisclosed medical reasons and the third declibed to oarticipate, causing us to lose one full year. The clinics response was that we had a bad stroke of luck. After investing $30k, you can imagine how poorly this went over with us, but we felt stuck. They had our money, so we had to keep working with them. Fortunately in the end ourfinal donor worjed out and we had 13 embryos frozen. The clinic side us top notch, frim the Dr's, nurses, staff, hours, i only wish all healthcare could br this good.
I believe the total with drugs was approx $18k
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific Fertility Center.
Once provided an incorrect request to lab, misread my OB's lab request and didn't inlude a test. Bith of these caused a delay in results.
San Francisco

She [Dr. Carolyn Givens] is very no-nonsense and not super warm-and-fuzzy. But that was fine with me. All of the doctors at PFC had different personalities, some I liked better and some I liked less - but it was the overall competency of the center that was most important to me...One small thing - when Dr Givens called to share my PGS results, she said the male embryo had a slightly less promising Chromosome 21 result. It was actually one of the female embryos. Simple confusion, but could have changed my choice of embryo to transfer if I hadn't read the results myself.
How was your experience with Carolyn Givens at Pacific Fertility Center?
She is candid, no-nonsense, not super warm-and-fuzzy but very competent and was genuinely happy with the positive outcome. Some PFC physicians I liked more and some I liked less, but it was the overall competence of the center that was important to me.
She is very no-nonsense and not super warm-and-fuzzy. But that was fine with me. All of the doctors at PFC had different personalities, some I liked better and some I liked less - but it was the overall competency of the center that was most important to me.
I went in with very good numbers and was doing IVF because it was the straightest route to pregnancy as a single woman. My cycle involved Follistim, Menpur, Ganirelix, and a bit of Lupron late in the cycle. It was a straight-forward stimulation and retrieval. Upon embryo transfer I was on progesterone and HCG.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Pacific Fertility Center.
AMAZING. Can't speak highly enough of the nurses and care coordinators.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
PFC is a smooth operation. I like their facilities and appreciated how competently they executed on my care.
Roughly $22,000
2014 - 2016, Successful
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
She [Dr. Carolyn Givens] strongly preferred transferring 1 embryo. So did I so we didn't discuss it much...was compassionate, honest and direct. She and her staff always remembered my name, my husband's name and the status of my case. She handled delivering bad news well. She was very clear with me about my prognosis and what my options were...She was on time for my appointments... was direct and clear on my prognosis from the beginning.
Nurses [at Pacific Fertility Center] were compassionate and super organized. I always knew what was happening, when and why. I was set home with great documents and knew what do to next...My only complaint was how they operated with egg donors. They had a strong preference for anonymous donors and we didn't so we definitely requested a couple of things that came across as exceptions. Also, after we left the clinic (because we moved), we were notified of a storage tank failure. I think they handled it pretty well, but I was not at all affected so it's hard for me to know that for sure.
How was your experience with Carolyn Givens at Pacific Fertility Center?
Dr Givens was direct and clear on my prognosis from the beginning. She was on time for my appointments. She answered my many, many questions, and she explained my treatment well. My previous answer covers everything else.
I would give them advice to anyone looking at any RE. Be specific about their success rates for your type of case.
Dr Givens was compassionate, honest and direct. She and her staff always remembered my name, my husband's name and the status of my case. She handled delivering bad news well. She was very clear with me about my prognosis and what my options were.
I don't remember.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Yes, but don't remember)
Nurses were compassionate and super organized. I always knew what was happening, when and why. I was set home with great documents and knew what do to next.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
PFC came across as "fancy" when I first went, though ultimately the quality of the care I received across the board helped a lot. I never felt like I was just a number. My only complaint was how they operated with egg donors. They had a strong preference for anonymous donors and we didn't so we definitely requested a couple of things that came across as exceptions. Also, after we left the clinic (because we moved), we were notified of a storage tank failure. I think they handled it pretty well, but I was not at all affected so it's hard for me to know that for sure.
She strongly preferred transferring 1 embryo. So did I so we didn't discuss it much.

2013 - 2016, Successful
Dr. Chenette is very competent. The clinic generally tends to do single embryo transfers and counselled us against multi-embryo transfers. There were some billing issues, the counselor was a bit pushy for IVF, and we did feel like we were signed up for IVF before we had made the decision ourselves. But overall, the clinic provided adequate service...He was confident and competent...
The clinic [Pacific Fert Ctr SF] is busy. The embryologist and labs are top notch. The surgery center was well maintained. Some issues with record keeping and billing...Just make sure that you don't want to feel as if you're being pushed to IVF. You want to understand the risks as best as possible and want them to spend the time educating you as a patient as to the best treatments that give you the best possible chances of a healthy, single child with minimal risks to mother and child...
How was your experience with Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
He was confident and competent.
Menopur, Follistim, single embryo transfers
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
The clinic is busy. The embryologist and labs are top notch. The surgery center was well maintained. Some issues with record keeping and billing.
Spent around $30K. IVF covered, additional costs include semen analysis, fertility drugs, embryo storage, genetic testing.
2015, 9 Eggs Frozen
I wish she [Dr. Isabelle Ryan] would've explained a bit more about the number of eggs actually needed in order to conceive a child. I would've done another round or two of retrievals to be safe. Other than that she provided me with a lot of knowledge of how everything worked, the process, what was to be expected with the injections, side effects, etc. There were no surprises...Ask questions until you fully 100% understand every detail of the process...Sometimes I waited longer than expected...
[Pacific Fertility Center has a] Great location, clean, minimal, trendy, and upscale. Theres a coffee and water machine in reception and you can make a tea. The front desk associates are usually pretty friendly. Sometimes I waited longer than expected...$9000 for egg freezing and meds...I wish she [Dr. Isabelle Ryan] would've explained a bit more about the number of eggs actually needed in order to conceive a child. I would've done another round or two of retrievals to be safe. Other than that she provided me with a lot of knowledge of how everything worked, the process, what was to be expected with the injections, side effects, etc. There were no surprises...A
How was your experience with Isabelle Ryan at Pacific Fertility Center?
I wish she would've explained a bit more about the number of eggs actually needed in order to conceive a child. I would've done another round or two of retrievals to be safe. Other than that she provided me with a lot of knowledge of how everything worked, the process, what was to be expected with the injections, side effects, etc. There were no surprises.
Ask questions until you fully 100% understand every detail of the process.
$9000 for egg freezing and meds

2013 - 2014, 2 Eggs Frozen
2 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
I felt no warmth from Dr. Ryan. The one positive thing she did was encourage me to start the process ASAP, but it felt more like because she wanted to get more cycles and patients under her belt versus it being in my best interest. Because of her approach, I delayed starting and almost didn't move forward at all.... She did not come across as sincere to me. It felt like this was a job to her and she did not truly care about my results and the outcome. When explaining the details of egg freezing, she seemed bored having to go through the materials with me.
Organized, responsive and professional. Very well staffed. Facilities [Pacific Fertility Center] are extremely new, but almost too nice. Great location and view in San Francisco. Great injection training classes, access to nurses, and recommendations to acupuncturists.... [Nursing Staff] Responsive but perhaps not good at getting back to me with Dr. Ryan's feedback and thoughts on a particular question.... If you like a straight-up, less warm doctor, Dr. Ryan is a good choice.
How was your experience with Isabelle Ryan at Pacific Fertility Center?
If you like a straight-up, less warm doctor, Dr. Ryan is a good choice.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Organized, responsive and professional. Very well staffed. Facilities are extremely new, but almost too nice. Great location and view in San Francisco. Great injection training classes, access to nurses, and recommendations to acupuncturists.

2013 - 2014, Successful
Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Dr Ryan was clear, warm and the right combo of optimistic/realistic...Know that she operates in a team environment so even if she's your preferred doc, you won't always get her.
Dr. Herbert's nursing staff was outstanding. [Dr.] Ryan's was working out some kinks but still good...When I had a chemical pregnancy, a rookie nurse [at Pacific Fertility Center] told me to keep taking the progesterone when I didn't need to.
know that she operates in a team environment so even if she's your preferred doc, you won't always get her
Dr Ryan was clear, warm and the right combo of optimistic/realistic
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Pacific Fertility Center.
Dr. Herbert's nursing staff was outsanding. Ryan's was working out some kinks but still good
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific Fertility Center.
When I had a chemical pregnancy, a rookie nurse told me to keep taking the progesterone when I didn't need to. I had a tough go Dr Ryan's nursing staff but I do think it was an anomaly based on the experience I had with Herbert's team (Marris was amazing).
2013 - 2014, Successful
[Dr. Philip Chenette] will tailor a protocol based on his assessment of the patient...He has excellent bedside manners, made us feel at ease in this stressful process of IVF. In addition he is a very , patient an compassoniate doctor who is very knowledgable is his field with his many years of experience... Throughout the process, Dr. Chenette, was always available for our needs, and always very patient, compassionate and knowledgable.
She [nurse at Pacific Fertility Center] is really helpful and always a step ahead... is a very nice facility. It does not seem like a fertility clinic when you walk in. Very good ambience, friendly staff. The location is great.When you look out the window, of the office, there is a beautiful view of the bay, it will help ease your mind off of the stressful process of IVF. The office staff , coordinators, RN's, MD's are all awewome!...
How was your experience with Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
IVF itself is a very stressful process. Throughout the process, Dr. Chenette, was always available for our needs, and always very patient, compassionate and knowledgable. In addition he has excellent bedside manners and of course, a very high success rate! :)
His positve attitude and knowledge in the field will bring you success.
Dr. Chenette will tailor a protocol based on his assessment of the patient
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Sue)
She is really helpful and always a step ahead
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
PFC is a very nice facility. It does not seem like a fertility clinic when you walk in. Very good ambience, friendly staff. The location is great.When you look out the window, of the office, there is a beautiful view of the bay, it will help ease your mind off of the stressful process of IVF. The office staff , coordinators, RN's, MD's are all awewome!
IVF itself is a very expensive process. I suggest to check with your insurance to see if there is any coverage

2013, Unknown Success
1 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
The clinic definitely feels like a spa, so physically it’s a nice place to be considering the number of appointments involved in a cycle. I didn’t feel that people at the clinic were on the same page or coordinated in an organized way. They have different coordinators for everything (e.g. clinical nurse coordinator, financial coordinator), which made me assume there would be a lot of individual subject matter expertise, but the reality was they were rarely in sync and I found myself repeating a lot.
How was your experience with Isabelle Ryan at Pacific Fertility Center?
Isabelle Ryan has a very direct, succinct, blunt manner. That didn’t bother me at first, but at a later stage in my care I realized that many crisply communicated statements really glossed over important nuances, and areas of uncertainty. Our meetings were always very quick, and I left thinking I had gotten all the information I needed, but it’s hard to know what you don’t know. As a small example, I was a first-time patient, and it was never communicated to me that at PFC my doctor likely wouldn’t be performing my retrieval surgery. I now know this is very common, but this shouldn’t be communicated to a patient the first time in the middle of a stimulation cycle. Most importantly, I feel she handled my case poorly from a medical standpoint, and made critical errors which, subsequent doctors pointed out, introduced unnecessary risk. She and her care team overlooked disturbing symptoms that I had and, in retrospect, gave me a treatment which was dangerous rather than helpful. This aspect of my case would not apply to most patients, but I think it speaks to a lax attitude about complications, and an unwillingness to take the time to think beyond the obvious norms. Finally, she was coordinating care with an outside specialist, and the communication about the status of this coordination was bad -- I realized months later that the tests from the outside specialist had actually given me the opposite results that Dr. Ryan had used in her assumptions and care.
I probably would see a different doctor unless you are ready to go home and independently fact check what you hear, and almost act as your own secondary doctor.
It was somewhere in the middle. The clinic is not an over-crowded factory type atmosphere, but I sometimes felt like a number because important details of my care often slipped through the cracks. I felt that Dr. Ryan’s care team, in particular nurse coordinator Doris Dalida at the time, didn’t do a good communicating clearly about my specific case, but would speak more generically meaning important details were left out.
Before cycling she had my husband and I do prophylactic antibiotics (zithromax and cipro). First cycle (which ended in a cycle cancellation with no retrieval): 3 weeks birth control pills, started 200 IU Follistim & 75 IU Menopur, this was increased but not sure to what levels. Never triggered because cycle was canceled for poor response. Second cycle: Removed IUD; no birth control pills. Estrace priming before cycle start (4 mg daily). At baseline ultrasound start micro-dose lupron (10 units, twice per day); then starting dose 300 IU Follistim and 150 IU Menopur. Trigger 10,000 IU hCG. Resulted in 19 eggs retrieved.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Doris Dalida)
I found Doris, Dr. Ryan’s nurse coordinator to be very underwhelming. She wasn’t very helpful in providing the information I needed and was not helpful in organizing my overall care. There were other nurses who was nice, but I never felt that I had someone really competent, who cared, who was on top of things for me.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Not sure how much we paid for the first canceled cycle. Second cycle where we did a retrieval was about $12,000, though they gave us a $1,500 discount because of issues in our first cycle, and because we were self-pay patients. This did NOT include all of the lab tests and drugs, which added several thousand dollars, or the $1500 to Natera which is the outside reference lab used for PGS testing.
Recommended eSET with PGS, but did not do a transfer at PFC so it wasn’t a lengthy discussion.

2013, Successful
...The rest of the staff was quite frustrating to work with. Our information was not passed correctly from one team member to the next and I found myself having to repeat myself in the same appointment and in one appointment after another.
How was your experience with Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
Dr. Chenette came highly recommended to me, so I had high hopes. In our initial meeting, he reassured us that our situation was common and there were lots of avenues we could go down to increase our chances of getting pregnant. I did want to try to be as "natural" as possible and not take drastic measures unless we had to, and I'm not sure that was totally respected. His team made a mistake putting together my schedule for when to take the Clomid, so the first time it didn't work. The second time was a slam dunk, so we were lucky enough not to have to take more extreme measures. The nurse assigned to our case was absolutely fantastic, but other than that I'd say Dr Chenette was just ok, and the rest of the staff was quite frustrating to work with. Our information was not passed correctly from one team member to the next and I found myself having to repeat myself in the same appointment and in one appointment after another.
Get a feel for the whole staff you'd be working with, not just Dr. Chenette.
I didn't feel like he adapted the conversation to me... as someone who didn't really want to go this route in the first place and was willing to take a bit more time to forgo taking drastic action, I don't think that changed Dr. Chenette's pitch.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Sue Austin)
She was the only one on top of it. She emailed and called me often, apologized when the rest of the staff made mistakes and was generally a fantastic person to work with.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific Fertility Center.
One of the nurses, not our primary one, plotted my schedule incorrectly on the calendar and the first month of appointments and medication was a complete waste because I was advised to take the Clomid on the wrong day. There was no discount for the several hundred dollars spent and I had to go through it all again. I also had to explain my situations multiple times, as my updates didn't quite seem to make it into the notes.

2010 - 2012, Successful
Very knowledgeable. We did IVF 2 times, the first we were pregnant with twins, but there were problems... She was sensitive with the details of the problems, but also direct. She knew we needed to understand the severity of what was happening.
The entire staff, both Dr Givens and the nurses always had smiles on their faces, and made you feel like they knew exactly who you were. Even when Dr. Givens had to give us bad news, she was sensitive but direct, giving the facts, but in a kind manner.
How was your experience with Carolyn Givens at Pacific Fertility Center?
She was wonderful!! Very knowledgeable. We did IVF 2 times, the first we were pregnant with twins, but there were problems.... the sack never formed correctly and we miscarried around 9 weeks. She was sensitive with the details of the problems, but also direct. she knew we needed to understand the severity of what was happening. when we did miscarry, we were due to leave for Hawaii for vacation in two days. she organized the procedure to be done on the next day (a Sunday!) so we could keep our plans to go. She also kept in touch to make sure there were no complications while we were gone. Our next IVF we had a successful pregnancy, and she was amazing during that one as well.
Ask a lot of questions. She will be honest.
The entire staff, both dr givens and the nurses always had smiles on their faces, and made you feel like they knew exactly who you were. even when dr givens had to give us bad news, she was sensitive but direct, giving the facts, but in a kind manner. when the news was good you felt like she was your biggest cheerleader.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Pacific Fertility Center.
always friendly, made you feel like they knew you. very informative.

2012, 5 Eggs Frozen
Investor
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
He [Dr. Philip Chenette] started with very negative and scary data on our first visit (That has turned out to be debunked) And, one of the protocols ended in a cancelled cycle and I never had that happen on the 5 following ones. Also, the doctors after that were not impressed with the protocol he suggested for the 2nd round after the first one didn't meet his expectations. So, that concerned me too
He [Dr. Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center] started with very negative and scary data on our first visit (That has turned out to be debunked) And, one of the protocols ended in a cancelled cycle and I never had that happen on the 5 following ones. Also, the doctors after that were not impressed with the protocol he suggested for the 2nd round after the first one didn't meet his expectations. So, that concerned me too
How was your experience with Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
He started with very negative and scary data on our first visit (That has turned out to be debunked) And, one of the protocols ended in a cancelled cycle and I never had that happen on the 5 following ones. Also, the doctors after that were not impressed with the protocol he suggested for the 2nd round after the first one didn't meet his expectations. So, that concerned me too
He knew who I was, so it wasn't quite like a number, but I didn't have the best rapport with him
FSH 240 and ganirelix for the first one. 7 eggs retrieved and 5 were frozen. (This was the best result I had from any protocol, but every doctor after that did more 'complex' ones.) Then a lupron pill for the 2nd attempt, which failed.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
High-end feel but I didn't get to see the same people a lot, and I still didn't felt a bit like a number

2011 - 2012, Successful
Investor
He gave me a candid assessment of my chances due to my age. He did not discourage me to pursue using my own eggs but he was very pragmatic about the statistical outcome.
How was your experience with Philip Chenette at Pacific Fertility Center?
Concentrate on the end goal - having a baby, and let him suggest the best route to do obtain this given your history.
The doctor, front desk staff and nurses were always very professional and knew my name. When I was called to discuss pregnancy results the nurses were very thoughtful. When I had two embryo transfers that ended unsuccessfully Dr. Chenette called me to follow up and address any concerns.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Pacific Fertility Center.
It is a very well run practice and they were all professional.
2011 - 2012, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Ryan] is professional and very kind. It's obvious she knows what she is doing and you trust her for that. She is wonderful and very reassuring. She is always gentle and explains things completely. I saw her every visit and she always made time for me....I found the drugs and dosage prescribed and used very effective....You're in good hands....Gorgeous facility [Pacific Fert Ctr], in a beautiful location right on the bay. The staff was always so happy and welcoming.
Gorgeous facility [Pacific Fert Ctr], in a beautiful location right on the bay. The staff was always so happy and welcoming. I especially loved the fairy mobiles they had hanging in each exam room. It was soothing and very relaxing....She [Dr. Ryan] is professional and very kind. It's obvious she knows what she is doing and you trust her for that. She is wonderful and very reassuring. She is always gentle and explains things completely. I saw her every visit and she always made time for me.
How was your experience with Isabelle Ryan at Pacific Fertility Center?
She is professional and very kind. It's obvious she knows what she is doing and you trust her for that. She is wonderful and very reassuring. She is always gentle and explains things completely. I saw her every visit and she always made time for me.
You're in good hands.
I found the drugs and dosage prescribed and used very effective.
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
Gorgeous facility, in a beautiful location right on the bay. The staff was always so happy and welcoming. I especially loved the fairy mobiles they had hanging in each exam room. It was soothing and very relaxing.
I can't recall