LGBTQ+ Competent Care
LGBTQ+ Competent Care

Based on reviews from the LGBTQ+ community.

LGBTQ+ Care
LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

Brasselton
699 Church Street, Suite 240
Marietta, GA 30060
35 Collier Rd, Suite 160
Atlanta, GA 30309
Sandy Springs (main office)
1100 Johnson Ferry Road NE, Suite 200
Atlanta, GA 30342

2020 - 2023, Successful
I found Dr. Straub to be very smart and able to explain my options effectively...remembered my circumstances and that I was undergoing treatment without a partner...a little bit blunt and to the point, but not to the point of being rude...first IVF cycle and transfer were successful...only recommended a single embryo transfer to me and never even brought up multiples...
The Cumming [of RBA] office is pretty quick with wait times and appointments...office seems to always be a little backed up...Communication is best when messaging through the app; I almost always hear back in less than an hour, sometimes right away. I had trouble getting my bloodwork results back from my diagnostic testing a couple months ago. It wasn't automatically sent from the lab for some reason, but they also didn't follow up to request it until I asked. They're all very friendly and compassionate people.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
I found Dr. Straub to be very smart and able to explain my options effectively. He is a little bit blunt and to the point, but not to the point of being rude. I had four failed IUIs before moving on to IVF, three of which were natural/unmedicated, and I wish that I had a better understanding of the reasons to choose a medicated cycle beforehand. To Dr. Straub's credit, he did explain what was involved with each, but I didn't fully comprehend the differences that monitoring timing and using a trigger shot could make. My first IVF cycle and transfer were successful, and I have gone back to him for my second transfer for baby #2.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Straub at RBA?
Don't be afraid to ask him questions. He may seem a little short at times, but I promise he welcomes questions and likes to answer them for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Straub at RBA?
I felt super comfortable with Dr. Straub and his team. He remembered my circumstances and that I was undergoing treatment without a partner, and the nurses remembered my name and my preference to have my bloodwork drawn by a particular person.
Describe the protocols Robert Straub used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
My one medicated IUI cycle was using clomid and a trigger shot. Then I moved to IVF and started with birth control pills before beginning injections of Follistim. I can't remember the exact amount, but I do recall that Dr. Straub said that it was on the upper end of the spectrum. He said that I "responded modestly" to the medication. I had 18 follicles at baseline, 12 follicles grew, 9 eggs retrieved, 8 were mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI, 3 grew to blasts, and all 3 were PGT normal. My first FET was successful with my son. For the FET, I was on Lupron injections for approximately 4 weeks before starting Estrogen patches, and then PIO injections a few days before transfer. I am repeating the same transfer protocol beginning the end of Oct to try for baby #2 in mid Dec.
Describe your experience with RBA.
The Cumming office is pretty quick with wait times and appointments, but I try to avoid going to the main office in Sandy Springs unless I have to. That office seems to always be a little backed up and have a wait. I totally understand that egg retrieval procedures are prioritized over all else since they are so time sensitive, but the waits aren't fun, especially when you've been asked to come with a full bladder.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RBA.
Since I was going to the office close to me and not the main location, they were super flexible with scheduling. They just required it be before the lab pickup so that they could get the bloodwork results back in time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
I believe that an IUI was ~$400, egg retrieval cycle was ~$14,000, and I just paid for an FET cycle, so that was $4,600.
Describe Robert Straub's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
Dr. Straub only recommended a single embryo transfer to me and never even brought up multiples

2018 - 2020, Successful
He [Dr. Robert Straub] was warm, funny, yet serious when needed to be. He was very honest about our options and told us at each step of the way what to expect....I felt taken care of each step of the way. All of my questioned were answered...We used a traditional IVF with ICSI. My protocol included Gonal F and Ganirelix. We had a very successful cycle resulting in 19 eggs and in the end we ended up with 7 healthy embryos...I was prepared to travel from Atlanta to NYC back to my regular doctor until I met Dr. Straub.
The nursing team [at RBA] was just as informed as Dr. Straub's team. They were pleasant and always available...We paid for about $15,000 up front because our insurance did not cover anything and then another $3500 in medications...Strengths-knowledgeable, friendly, and warm. Evidence based and have gotten proven results. Weaknesses- they sometimes had a bit of a wait in the waiting room area. RBA is convenient because they have locations all across Atlanta which made it easy for to me pick the best location. During my time at RBAI was introduced to three different doctor who did performed a variety treatments on me. All doctors were knowledgeable.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
I was very pleased with Dr. Straub and the nursing team at RBA. I felt taken care of each step of the way. All of my questioned were answered and they were always available. I was very nervous and unaware of what to expect and they went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable.
It's okay to not know. Go in and have your questions ready to be answered.
Dr. Straub was personally referred to me by my previous doctor in NYC (Dr. Kligman). I was prepared to travel from Atlanta to NYC back to my regular doctor until I met Dr. Straub. He was warm, funny, yet serious when needed to be. He was very honest about our options and told us at each step of the way what to expect.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
The nursing team was just as informed as Dr. Straub's team. They were pleasant and always available.
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
[Dr. Robert Straub] has taken the time to explain every step of the process, all our options, and providing guidance with our selected next steps. He's direct with his information and interpreting our diagnosis, but compassionate to our emotions when talking things through...Due to my diagnosis, [he] advised that IVF will give us the highest chance of success, but was open to us trying less invasive treatment first
I've interacting with several people in the nursing staff [at RBA], all have great demeanor...Only downfall is that I feel as though the records for what has been previously tested could be improved. I had to get bloodwork done a second time due to something not being tested the first time around...the clinic prefers to do a single embryo transfer...the answering machine provides clear communication that if you're calling after a specific time (I think it's after 2:00pm) that your message will be returned the next day
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
Dr Straub has taken the time to explain every step of the process, all our options, and providing guidance with our selected next steps. He's direct with his information and interpreting our diagnosis, but compassionate to our emotions when talking things through.
Come informed: Cycle dates, dates of any procedures/GYN visits, family history.
Dr Straub (and his team) take the time to thoroughly explain everything and answers any questions you have. We never felt rushed, or pushed through, to the the next step.
My husband and I tried 3 cycles with letrozole, unsure on the dosage. We then tried 2 cycles with a trigger shot and timed intercourse. Due to my diagnosis, Dr Straub advised that IVF will give us the highest chance of success, but was open to us trying less invasive treatment first. Both letrozole and the timed intercourse was not successful, so we're currently moving on to IVF.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
I've interacting with several people in the nursing staff, all have great demeanor. Overall, it has been a great experience. Only downfall is that I feel as though the records for what has been previously tested could be improved. I had to get bloodwork done a second time due to something not being tested the first time around.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Right from the get-go, the answering machine provides clear communication that if you're calling after a specific time (I think it's after 2:00pm) that your message will be returned the next day. When I attempted to schedule my first consultation, I was a little frustrated with hearing that, but I quickly learned that it's a very small group of people at the Cumming location and they really do their best to get back to you ASAP. The whole fertility journey is a 'hurry up and wait' game, so what does it matter that it MAY be one extra business day before you hear from them? Kim is great (front desk)! You'll interact with her during each visit. She's encouraging, bubbly, and a wealth of information.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
We're currently going through treatment. I would estimate that we've currently spent ~$2000 for testing, ultrasounds, medication. We have not yet gotten to the 'expensive' part.
Dr Straub said the clinic prefers to do a single embryo transfer, but I cannot remember the logic nor have I done further research on my preference.

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
Dr. Straub is very professional and straight to the point with keeping the facts at the forefront of the conversation, but he also does a great job of bringing light and humor to the situation. ... He was very informative and was clear on the plan. I had surgery to remove a polyp in my uterus and he did a great job. He does a great job of comforting during this emotional time. ... He recommended single embryo transfer with PSG testing
Strength would be the kindness of the staff [RBA Cumming] and they make sure you get prompt responses. Weakness would be information regarding the financial aspect, which was overwhelming. Though there is not a straight path to follow, I was a little taken back at the fact that everything had to be paid up front before starting. ... $14,100 for monitoring, transfer and PSG testing. This does NOT include $5700 that was paid twice due to one cancelled round.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
He was very straight to the point and helped us make the most realistic decision that would best fit what we were wanting to achieve. He was very informative and was clear on the plan. I had surgery to remove a polyp in my uterus and he did a great job. He does a great job of comforting during this emotional time.
Bring a note pad to write info discussed down because he tends to talk fast.
We first tried IUI which I started on 100mg of clomid daily and triggered with HCG on day 12 and underwent IUI 36 hours later. After the failed attempt, we embarked on our IVF journey. We started on a high dose of Gonal-F for my age due to my AMH being low. I started with 300units twice daily. On day 7 it was determined my ovaries were not responding and we cancelled egg retrieval. So the next protocol is called a "flare" protocol and Ill will be the max dose of Gonal -F 600units twice daily with Lupron. Have not started yet, if this doesnt work we will try max dose of other protocols
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Amy Zimmerman)
Jennifer Cunningham and Amy Zimmerman are the two nurses assigned to me. They were very informative and communicated with me via email
Describe your experience with RBA.
Strength would be the kindness of the staff and they make sure you get prompt responses. Weakness would be information regarding the financial aspect, which was overwhelming. Though there is not a straight path to follow, I was a little taken back at the fact that everything had to be paid up front before starting. Once starting, we had a cancelled retrieval and now we are on a waiting period for 2 more weeks with $14,000 sitting in their account.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
He recommended single embryo transfer with PSG testing
Cumming
Dr. Straub is a very “cut-to-the-chase” type of guy. He can come off very “dry” at first. But he explains the information well and thoroughly. We are still waiting to see the results of our first treatment with him. But he and his practice seem to pay detailed attention to our care. ... My husband also liked him for his straight forward and knowledgeable personality.
The clinic [RBA - Cumming] could use some more pep in their front of house crew’s attitude. We have never been super impressed with how we are greeted or spoken to when we arrive or when we call. The clinic does have things going for it like cleanliness, multiple locations, lab on site, spacious, etc. ... $1200 self pay for an IUI cycle. $250 for consultation.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
Dr. Straub is very knowledgeable and explains treatment thoroughly, but can come off as dry. I can’t say I imagine him to have the best bedside manner, but I would say he’s trustworthy and takes his patient’s care seriously.
Don’t take it personally when you first meet him and he doesn’t seem thrilled to see you. Be patient and you’ll see that he draws out your entire care plan and explains your history to you. You’ll appreciate his knowledge and personality in the end.
Dr. Straub is a very “cut-to-the-chase” type of guy. He can come off very “dry” at first. But he explains the information well and thoroughly. We are still waiting to see the results of our first treatment with him. But he and his practice seem to pay detailed attention to our care. So far, Dr. Straub has done nothing to rub us the wrong way. My husband also liked him for his straight forward and knowledgeable personality.
I had already been prescribed clomid and letrozole at my OB. But I had not yet done an HSG. And my OB didn’t think I needed metformin. The first thing Dr. Straub did was order the metformin 1500mg and HSG. It was clear. I took the metformin for a month and a half before we started a new cycle with a doubled dose of letrozole (5MG) and an IUI. We are waiting to see the results. But the actual IUI procedure was done by another doctor in the practice who was fantastic. Great experience. We feel heard and we feel this was the appropriate protocol for the moment.
Describe your experience with RBA.
The clinic could use some more pep in their front of house crew’s attitude. We have never been super impressed with how we are greeted or spoken to when we arrive or when we call. The clinic does have things going for it like cleanliness, multiple locations, lab on site, spacious, etc.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
$1200 self pay for an IUI cycle. $250 for consultation.
2017, Unknown Success
When I see Dr. Straub I have his undivided attention. He has my chart and is not distracted...While I did a ton of research prior to seeing Dr. Straub, my husband did not and he felt Dr. Straub did a good job of explaining our issues, potential courses of treatment, why he recommends IVF, and how it would work. Dr. Straub is visual and lays it all out on paper for you. When he feels like the conversation gets de-railed, he brought it back. I'm a structure person and he seems to be as well so that works out.
RBA's nurses are great. While they move quickly, they are very nice and will answer any questions. I feel very comfortable with the nurses...Kim in Cumming is excellent. She's totally on top of it if there's an opportunity to see Dr. Straub more quickly. The team does everything they can to not code your chart as infertility so you can use as much insurance as you can, but just double check because Dr. Straub said this then coded an appointment as IVF instead of PCOS or endometriosis which meant it wasn't covered by my insurance. Best to always double check.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
After 18 months with my OB including PCOS, 5 negative cycles with Femara, and a laparoscopy to remove severe endometriosis, I finally saw Dr. Straub. He was no nonsense which I appreciated. He outlined why IUIs would not work for us and we're on the same page to move forward with IVF. I thought it was great that he recognized we should pursue frozen transfers. I've felt comfortable asking direct questions and getting a clear answer. While I did a ton of research prior to seeing Dr. Straub, my husband did not and he felt Dr. Straub did a good job of explaining our issues, potential courses of treatment, why he recommends IVF, and how it would work. Dr. Straub is visual and lays it all out on paper for you. When he feels like the conversation gets de-railed, he brought it back. I'm a structure person and he seems to be as well so that works out.
Know your health history. Ask direct questions. While the process can be very emotional, go in to appointments with the goal of answers and plans.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Dr. Straub was very clear to recommend a single embryo transfer for my age and first IVF cycle.
2009 - 2015, Successful
He [Dr. Robert Straub] takes time to really make sure you understand everything he is going over. He has a habit of drawing pictures to help demonstrate exactly what he is talking about. When I experienced a ruptured ectopic pregnancy he gave me his personal cell phone number and fought with the ER staff on my behalf to make sure I had the best possible care and in order to have me transferred to a hospital that he worked with.
RBA is an amazing clinic. They are great at responding to questions and getting things moving once you're ready to start a cycle. I received the best care from all the staff there. I've since moved away from the Atlanta area but I will travel back there when we are ready to conceive again.... The nursing staff that works with Dr. Straub is amazing! They even took time to call me a few weeks after my ruptured ectopic pregnancy just to check on me and see if I was doing okay.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
I have a long history with Dr. Straub and from the very beginning I have had an amazing experience with him. He takes time to really make sure you understand everything he is going over. He has a habit of drawing pictures to help demonstrate exactly what he is talking about. When I experienced a ruptured ectopic pregnancy he gave me his personal cell phone number and fought with the ER staff on my behalf to make sure I had the best possible care and in order to have me transferred to a hospital that he worked with. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Straub.
Bring your questions. He has no trouble answering them, no matter how crazy they might be. He actually asked me one time what other crazy wives tales are going around in the infertility community.
Dr Straub has amazing bedside manner. I always felt as if I were his number 1 priority when I was seeing him. He never treated me like I was just a number or just a paycheck, he really cared about me and about the outcome of our treatment.
I do not remember all the specifics in protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Shelly, then Amy)
Describe your experience with RBA.
As a young, otherwise healthy woman, Dr. Straub was conservative with the amount of embryos he wanted to transfer. He always suggested one but allowed my husband and I to make the final decision on whether or not we wanted to transfer 1 or 2. Both of my kids were conceived from a single embryo transfer.
Cumming
Dr Straub is direct and open about his plans for you...He was warm but to the point. He didn’t waste my time or my money...I didn’t see Dr Straub as much as I saw his nurse and nurse practitioner...He believes I doing all baseline testing then coming up with a personalized plan. We started with clomid as I have PCOS. We did 2 cycles of monitored clomid, I had an ectopic then we moved on to femara. I am currently pregnant from my femara cycle.
There has been turnover [at RBA- Cumming]] since I became pregnant. While I was there I saw his nurse practitioner mostly and she was wonderful...Around $1000 per clomid/femara cycle including a trigger shot...Great communication, great office staff- very sensitive...They have plenty of cost effective options to try. The clinic experienced turn over in my last cycle so that was upsetting but the communication was still there...
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
I didn’t see Dr Straub as much as I saw his nurse and nurse practitioner. The office always answered my calls and called me back in a timely manner. I did experience an ectopic pregnancy while under his care and his office was very sensitive about the situation. I loved the ultrasound tech, she always made me feel relaxed.
Do not hesitate to make an appointment and get started. Wish I had started sooner. 2/3 cycles ended up with a positive pregnancy test.
He was warm but to the point. He didn’t waste my time or my money.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
There has been turnover since I became pregnant. While I was there I saw his nurse practitioner mostly and she was wonderful.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Great communication, great office staff- very sensitive. Dr Straub is direct and open about his plans for you. They have plenty of cost effective options to try. The clinic experienced turn over in my last cycle so that was upsetting but the communication was still there.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
Around $1000 per clomid/femara cycle including a trigger shot.
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
He [Dr. Straub] seemed to care about our struggles and answered all questions honestly... He was very direct and explained every option and the rates at which each option would work. He gave us 3 different options and told us which one would work best if we wanted to conceive. He advised us to see a counselor as well to make sure we were on the correct path.... If you want a doctor who is blunt ans direct and will not sugar coat anything he is the guy.
The clinic [RBA - Cumming] is very organized which is a great quality and that helps make this less stressful for the patient. I liked how they give you a folder and tell you what you and your spouse must do to move on to treatment. They answer your emails promptly.... They were very caring and explained all testing and treatments and gave us a checklist that needed to be completed before moving on to IVF.... Our estimate is around $25,000-$30,000
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
He seemed to care about our struggles and answered all questions honestly and he is very direct.
We have not started IVF with donar eggs yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Cunningham)
Describe your experience with RBA.
The clinic is very organized which is a great quality and that helps make this less stressful for the patient. I liked how they give you a folder and tell you what you and your spouse must do to move on to treatment. They answer your emails promptly.
Our estimate is around $25,000-$30,000
LGBTQ+
LGBTQ+
As a patient I felt comfortable talking with him [Dr. Robert Straub] about everything, he was very knowledgeable and didn't try to make us spend unnecessary money. He's very up front and honest about everything. Great bedside manner...He was very honest with us about everything including how this may not work the 1st time...Nursing staff [at RBA] was amazing and knowledgeable
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
As a patient I felt comfortable talking with him about everything, he was very knowledgeable and didn't try to make us spend unnecessary money. He's very up front and honest about everything. Great bedside manner.
Be honest about health history
It was an insane amount of medications, and shots,lupron, baby aspirin, estrogen, progesterone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Karen )
Nursing staff was amazing and knowledgeable
Describe your experience with RBA.
The clinic was very clean and organized
It was somewhere around 4thousand
He thought I was young enough to just transfer one and he was right
Cumming

We had an initial appointment where he [Dr. Straub] explained thoroughly what can cause infertility and the course of actions that can come from it. I went through bloodwork and an HSG test to make sure my tubes etc. we’re not blocked...He wasn’t outwardly expressing that he was empathetic, but he also wasn’t showing that he had no empathy, he just acts more professional to fix the issue.
$100-250 range for consultations. A few hundred for HSG testing...They [RBA staff] are the absolute worst communicators and make everything extremely difficult because they never contact you on test results or next steps. If you do not call them to follow up, they simply won’t. It’s all up to the patient to coordinate the next steps and try to get any answers, which is very frustrating...
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
He was very good at explaining things. Very nice doctor and straightforward without being harsh. We liked how he drew things out to explain and answered all our questions. He wasn’t outwardly expressing that he was empathetic, but he also wasn’t showing that he had no empathy, he just acts more professional to fix the issue.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions, he will answer and explain well if you are confused or need more information.
He was personable and straightforward while not harsh.
We had an initial appointment where he explained thoroughly what can cause infertility and the course of actions that can come from it. I went through bloodwork and an HSG test to make sure my tubes etc. we’re not blocked. My husband went through several sperm tests as well as bloodwork. He came back low each time, low enough that IUI seamed to not be favorable. He was recommended to a urologist to try to get an answer on why his sperm results were not ideal and try to fix the issue to try IUI.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
Did not have much interaction, they were always so quick to be in and out.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
I don’t remember exactly, but $100-250 range for consultations. A few hundred for HSG testing.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
Same answer as before- They are the absolute worst communicators and make everything extremely difficult because they never contact you on test results or next steps. If you do not call them to follow up, they simply won’t. It’s all up to the patient to coordinate the next steps and try to get any answers, which is very frustrating.

2019 - 2021, Successful
He [Dr. Robert Straub] is a very hard man to work with. Not a lot of compassion, but he did do good work with my first IVF cycle. When I lost the baby the 2nd cycle…he never even called. I’m 42,000 in debt and he never even called...It was very hard to feel like a human and not a number with him...I did IVF twice. So happy I have one child! Grateful for that
It was very hard to feel like a human and not a number with him and with RBA. I lost my second baby, had to have emergency surgery in ER and he [Dr. Robert Straub] NEVER called. Was awful. Grateful for my son but man it was hard working with RBA...The nurses were way better then doctor...Nurses and staff are nice but you can’t help feeling like a number. Ask a lot of questions and don’t feel bad.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at RBA?
He is a very hard man to work with. Not a lot of compassion, but he did do good work with my first IVF cycle. When I lost the baby the 2nd cycle…he never even called. I’m 42,000 in debt and he never even called.
It’s really really hard. Call someone who has worked with him before.
It was very hard to feel like a human and not a number with him and with RBA. I lost my second baby, had to have emergency surgery in ER and he NEVER called. Was awful. Grateful for my son but man it was hard working with RBA.
I did IVF twice. So happy I have one child! Grateful for that….but was RBA a great experience….no.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
The nurses were way better then doctor
Describe your experience with RBA.
Call someone who has done it before and worked with RBA. It’s really challenging. It also takes a long time so start now. Nurses and staff are nice but you can’t help feeling like a number. Ask a lot of questions and don’t feel bad.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at RBA.
I wish I would have done 2 embryo transfer.
Cumming
Dr Toledo has been great to work with so far. I was so sad my original doctor left the office but he picked up right where she left off and it means alot . He was very direct but still warm with some very hard conversations... I was dealing with a number of issues ‘male fertility, low egg reserve , uterine fiboriids, blocked fallapian tubes and a uterine polyp. I used lupon and gonal for 14 days and then did an egg retervial . We were able to get 9 eggs. I had 5 embryos , two survived and I opted to do genetic testing. We ended up with one healthy embryo and I am waiting to do a polyp removal then transfer
They [the staff at RBA-Cumming] are very experenced and kind . its busy but they get to everyone . I had tons of questions and the made it a point to email or call back very quickly ! I am a little concerned as to why a few of the doctors left but I guess... The staff was so warm and Dr Toledo was kind... I was dealing with a number of issues ‘male fertility, low egg reserve , uterine fiboriids, blocked fallapian tubes and a uterine polyp. I used lupon and gonal for 14 days and then did an egg retervial . We were able to get 9 eggs. I had 5 embryos , two survived and I opted to do genetic testing. We ended up with one healthy embryo and I am waiting to do a polyp removal then transfer
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andrew Toledo at RBA?
You are in good hands
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andrew Toledo at RBA?
The staff was so warm and Dr Toledo was kind
Describe the protocols Andrew Toledo used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with RBA.
They are very experenced and kind . its busy but they get to everyone . I had tons of questions and the made it a point to email or call back very quickly ! I am a little concerned as to why a few of the doctors left but I guess
Andrew Toledo

2022, Unsuccessful
I felt she [Dr. Monica Best] was very condescending as if this was my first time and I had no idea what I wanted. She didn’t listen to me or my concerns. She refused to acknowledge anything other than her own knowledge. It was her way or no way. I felt she vetoed anything I had to say...During the consult she talked for the entire hour. I got maybe 5 minutes at the end to ask questions. It felt like o was in a lecture instead of a Dr appt
I feel the [RBA] clinic had grown a lot since I first started in 2014. It was more personable then. Now, it’s run like a business with too many patients, doctors trying to push birth control so they can do mass cycles. I used to be able to reach the office by phone. That’s next to impossible. I spent over two hours one day trying to get a person on the phone because the back and forth in the portal wasn’t going anywhere.
How was your experience with Monica Best at RBA?
I felt she was very condescending as if this was my first time and I had no idea what I wanted. She didn’t listen to me or my concerns. She refused to acknowledge anything other than her own knowledge. It was her way or no way. I felt she vetoed anything I had to say.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Monica Best at RBA?
A consult is a great way to know if you’ll be a good fit for each other. Definitely have a list of questions and do y be afraid to interrupt her to get your questions out there otherwise you’ll never get them answered.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Monica Best at RBA?
Describe the protocols Monica Best used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
We didn’t do any treatment. The consult was the only contact I had with Dr. Best and I immediately switched to another clinic
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
The staff was AMAZING! I absolutely loved them. My SHG and HSG was relatively painful. They took great care to put me at ease and make me as comfortable as possible.
Describe your experience with RBA.
I feel the clinic had grown a lot since I first started in 2014. It was more personable then. Now, it’s run like a business with too many patients, doctors trying to push birth control so they can do mass cycles. I used to be able to reach the office by phone. That’s next to impossible. I spent over two hours one day trying to get a person on the phone because the back and forth in the portal wasn’t going anywhere.
I had progyny
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
My husband needed bloodwork and a nurse told him he didn’t even though he kept saying he did. He finally left. About 45 min later he gets a call to come back for bloodwork. We had them send a req to take to Quest. My new clinic requested my records that they never received. I had to request them and then my husband’s semen analysis wasn’t included so I had to request that. I was told to call the office when my cycle started but was later told I shouldn’t called the answering service. I was given birth control to take even though I have a clotting issue (which the staff knew).

2020 - 2022, Unknown Success
Communication can be off [at RBA]. Sometimes they are great at communicating, and sometimes it’s so hard to get in contact with them. The billing department can be slow and responding and also hard to get in contact with...Dr. Best has always been warm and kind to us. With everything we have been through, she has been understanding and emphatic.
How was your experience with Monica Best at RBA?
Dr. Best has been very kind and compassionate towards us. She has wanted to see us succeed. With both miscarriages, she was very empathetic. She also wants to make sure we are doing everything we can to bring us home a baby. Sometimes I can get frustrated with the virtual visits, because she tends to run late. However, I know she is busy and potentially taking time to be with other patients that need her attention. Overall, I love Dr. Best and would recommend her to others.
Advocate for yourself! Do not be afraid to ask questions, she is very good at responding and making sure you understand.
I have textbook PCOS, so I was on a pretty basic protocol. For the most part, it all “worked”. For my IUIs, I was in oral letrazole and used an HCG trigger shot. I did end up ovulating both times, so it technically worked even if it did not result in a positive pregnancy test. For egg retrieval I was on HCG, follistim, and ganirelex. These worked great for me and got us 34 eggs! Amazingly, I did not get OHSS. For my first transfer, I was on oral estrogen, baby aspirin, progesterone suppositories 2x daily and PIO (5 days before transfer). I did get a positive result, but my progesterone was low, and my beta did not rise appropriately. We upped the suppositories to 3x daily. Unfortunately, this resulted in an early loss just shy of 5 weeks. With my second transfer I was put on the same protocol, but added in lovenox. This resulted in a positive test as well and my beta numbers rose appropriately this round. However, baby was not growing as they should and we lost them at 9 weeks. The last miscarriage was recent and we have not yet discussed any protocol changes for the 3rd transfer. She does want to do some additional testing and an surgery before this next transfer.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
Started out with a nurse named Lacie, and she was the best. Very sweet and compassionate about our journey. She remembered details about me and my cycle/where we were at in our treatment. Unfortunately she left. Then I mostly spoke to a nurse named Christy. She was very good at her job, organized, and knew what she was doing/talking about. She was not as sweet and compassionate as Lacie, but still a good nurse. Most recently, I have been talking to a nurse named Samantha. I have not had much interaction with her, but she seems to be sweet as well.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Communication can be off. Sometimes they are great at communicating, and sometimes it’s so hard to get in contact with them. The billing department can be slow and responding and also hard to get in contact with.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RBA.
It was well ran. Did not feel like it was a “cattle call” they are very busy, but not overbooked. The only overbooking they tend to do is bloodwork appointments. I was always able to schedule it at a good time for me, it did not ruin my schedule.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Monica Best at RBA.
In the year 2021, we paid $23k in total to RBA. This was for egg retrieval, and 1 FET. Plus copays.
Describe Monica Best's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
Basically she told me that the odds only go up slightly on getting pregnant. She also told me that she wants my first pregnant to go as smoothly as it can and that multiples are considered high risk.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
Once they forgot to tell me my next steps and to set up an appointment with me. When I knew I needed an appointment, I informed them and they were shocked that I didn’t have it set up already. They then did apologize and set up my appointment, but it was a month later than I felt like it could have been. Another time, my dr was 30 minutes late to a phone call appointment. I had to send the clinic a portal message and less than 5 minutes after I sent it, my dr called.
Marietta
He [Dr. Scott Slayden] explained everything very well. I had to have surgery initially which turned out to just be a uterine polyp but he was awesome and very personable. When was pregnant but my HCG levels hadn’t increased as they should he called me to tell me and did it in a very compassionate but factual way so I understood exactly what was happening. When I had the miscarriage the ultrasound tech was out so he personally did the ultrasound. He remains positive but realistic about the treatments.
They [nurses at RBA-Marietta] are great- always get back to me quickly when I call, appointments are on time and efficient...Clomid check $470...Mid cycle ultrasound $200...IUI $600...I love that they have several different office locations and I can go to anyone for the ultrasounds and bloodwork. I wish there was more of a support network while in treatment. I think they have a group at the main office but it has never been mentioned. This process is hard physically and emotionally and wish they had more to offer in the way of a community feeling.
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
He explained everything very well. I had to have surgery initially which turned out to just be a uterine polyp but he was awesome and very personable. When was pregnant but my HCG levels hadn’t increased as they should he called me to tell me and did it in a very compassionate but factual way so I understood exactly what was happening. When I had the miscarriage the ultrasound tech was out so he personally did the ultrasound. He remains positive but realistic about the treatments.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Scott Slayden at RBA?
This is a long process and you have to be flexible
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Scott Slayden at RBA?
The staff are great and try their best to Work with your schedule. Everything is explained well and they always get back to me when I contact them.
Describe the protocols Scott Slayden used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
I am currently in the middle of the last cycle of IUI we can do before having another consultation and moving to other treatments. It’s been straight forward so far: Clomid check- iltrasound, clomid 2 tabs x 5 days then a mid cycle ultrasound and then IUI the day after positive ovulation test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Selena)
They are great- always get back to me quickly when I call, appointments are on time and efficient.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Slayden at RBA.
Clomid check $470 Mid cycle ultrasound $200 IUI $600
Describe Scott Slayden's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
Those have not been discussed
Scott Slayden

2015 - 2018, Unsuccessful
There are honestly no weaknesses with Dr. Best or the [RBA] Marietta office. Everyone there is spectacular. The main office in Sandy Springs is busy so you feel a bit more like a number, but everyone there was kind and easy to work with. Probably my only big complaint is the cost, but I think that is pretty standard when it comes to IVF.... Julie was my friend, psychologist, nurse and cheerleader through the process. I had zero understanding of this process and had never even given anyone an injection.
How was your experience with Monica Best at RBA?
My husband and I opted for assisted reproduction after an unexplained miscarriage and inability to get pregnant again. Dr. Best listened to our story with compassion and took copious notes on our issues. She ordered every test in her "arsenal" to try and help us figure out what was going on. She explained the results of the tests and then explained our options (IVF v IUI, etc). I can honestly say that I enjoyed every appointment with her and actually looked forward to seeing her (something I can't say about most doctor visits). She kept my hopes up and was there for me during the difficult moments as well. She is a model doctor.
To be completely open and honest with Dr. Best about your fears and expectations and concerns. I had concerns about having a trisomy baby due to my age and Dr. Best reviewed with me how we could handle such a situation if it arose. She also had referrals to other doctors I could speak with (MFM's). If money is an issue, let her know and she will try to work out a treatment plan within your budget.
Dr. Best is one of the best doctors I've ever worked with. From the first moment we met with her, she was warm, she listened, addressed our issues and explained our options in a very clear and concise manner. She has called me on weekends and I even have her cell number (though I try not to use it!)
I can't remember the exact protocol used, but the first egg retrieval produced a disappointing three eggs so we banked those and did another retrieval that resulted in 12 more eggs! Using ICSI, we then created 12 embryos which we froze until I was ready for a transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Julie)
Julie was my friend, psychologist, nurse and cheerleader through the process. I had zero understanding of this process and had never even given anyone an injection. She taught me how to inject the meds and how to make it less painful. She gave me samples when I was running out of meds and she was just awesome to work with.
Describe your experience with RBA.
There are honestly no weaknesses with Dr. Best or the Marietta office. Everyone there is spectacular. The main office in Sandy Springs is busy so you feel a bit more like a number, but everyone there was kind and easy to work with. Probably my only big complaint is the cost, but I think that is pretty standard when it comes to IVF. It's not cheap!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Monica Best at RBA.
We spent about $40,000 for two egg retrievals, three embryo transfers and this includes medicine.
This was something I agonized over quite a bit. Dr. Best was good at showing me the ASRM standard for number of embryos transferred due to age, but she listened to my concern about multiples and helped me reach an informed decision each time on how many embryos to transfer.
Marietta
Dr. Best has been through IVF herself and took the time to share with me how she understands going through infertility. She made me feel comfortable through the whole process. She’s actually the only doctor that found the issue with my husband and I because she took her time and didnt rush through the testing!... I did two IUI prior to Dr. Best so when we went to her I wanted to try timed intercourse to see if my eggs would even respond and they finally did. We did clomid 100 and a trigger shot and both cycles I had 4 and 6 follicles!!
Strengths: great success rates, many offices [RBA Marietta] so it’s convenient, very knowledgeable drs and nurses Weakness sometimes it can take a little while to get an appt bc they are busy. The sperm freezes have to be done at one location in Atlanta and the latest you can do it is 9 am so that is inconvenient if you live for away like we do.... All nurses are very caring and helpful! They always email me back if I have questions within a few hours!
How was your experience with Monica Best at RBA?
I’ve never felt more comfortable with a dr. She told me at my first visit with her to put all the stress on her and for me to relax and I’ve honestly done that for once. I trust Dr. Best because she knows what it’s like to have infertility problems and I know she’s going to help us start a family! She’s very patient and answers all questions and I always leave understanding what our next step is.
Make sure you have your past history all printed out, it helps to have it there to look at when you’re going over what’s next.
I did two IUI prior to Dr. Best so when we went to her I wanted to try timed intercourse to see if my eggs would even respond and they finally did. We did clomid 100 and a trigger shot and both cycles I had 4 and 6 follicles!! We didn’t get pregnant unfortunately because we later found out my husband has a morphology issue so we are seeing the male specialist now and hoping to improve sperm quality and then go back to iui or ivf!
Describe your experience with RBA.
Strengths: great success rates, many offices so it’s convenient, very knowledgeable drs and nurses Weakness sometimes it can take a little while to get an appt bc they are busy. The sperm freezes have to be done at one location in Atlanta and the latest you can do it is 9 am so that is inconvenient if you live for away like we do. (1.5 hours)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Monica Best at RBA.
Consult is $250, hsg was around $700 I think, sperm freeze was $650, ultrasounds around $200, husbands ultrasound was $510, IUI is around $1700, IVF starts at $14,500
I haven’t gotten this far yet.
Marietta

Dr.Best has been a God sent! This is not easy to go through at all! This is such an emotional journey for my husband and I. She has a heart of gold and is always there to answer any questions we have. I feel like she's my cheerleader that's right by my side...I went for ultrasounds and labs. I took Letrozole. I injected hormones for a few days. Once my follicles were of normal size I had the IUI done.
The staff [at RBA] is always so helpful and takes their time with you. I didn't feel rushed at all.At every appointment they give me their time and answer all my questions.I never feel rushed! I feel like they really care...The whole staff is amazing. From the beginning, you're filling out paperwork through their website. That helps by the time you see the doctor on saving time. You meet one on one with the doctor and go over EVERYTHING. You leave having a game plan on what you're about to do. The staff is very caring and positive. You leave having hope on what's about to happen.
How was your experience with Monica Best at RBA?
Make sure your paperwork is completed. Make sure your knowledgeable in what your insurance covers for fertility. Go in to the office with written questions. Have an idea of what you're willing to spend. Discuss all questions and be open and honest with your doctor.
The staff is always so helpful and takes their time with you. I didn't feel rushed at all.At every appointment they give me their time and answer all my questions.I never feel rushed! I feel like they really care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Lacie and Julie)
I love these girls. Always answering all my questions. They always got back to me in a timely manner. They always made sure I understood all I had to do. They gave me an outline of EXACTLY what I had to do step by step. I NEVER had to stay on top of them, or ask what was next. I always knew.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Monica Best at RBA.
I pay out of pocket. Insurance does NOT cover this. That's ok. We feel that Dr.Best wouldn't have us try anything that wouldn't work. I don't feel like they want my money. I feel like they want to help bless us with our miracle.
Marietta
Dr. Best is a warm and welcoming doctor. She is very insightful and wants to go over her action plan in detail. Once she has her plan she is on a mission. My low ovarian reserve count and my husband's klinefelter syndrome didn't stop her as it would most doctors I believe...Dr. Best took the time to attack the plan at need. However, my husband and I both felt that a lot of information was given at once with little take home information.
Our clinic was Reproductive Biology Associates. My husband's doctor was Dr. Michael Witt while I saw Dr. Monica Best. The two offices appeared to function as satellite offices. The only weakness I saw regarding the clinic was the communication between offices could have been better in regards to doctor's notes, medical files and procedure plans...The nursing staff for Dr. Best were able to assist when needed. The satellite offices appeared to not communicate as well with one another.
How was your experience with Monica Best at RBA?
Do your research and know your options. Dr. Best will let you know but it is better to go in there with the knowledge already so you aren't lost when she is talking terms and procedures.
Dr. Best wants to do two cycles of Egg retrievals then for my husband to have a sperm extraction procedure. After this, we will then fertilize then send off for genetic testing.
Estimated total costs: $52,000
Dr. Best does have a strong preference to only selecting one embryo to transfer compared to multiple. We have expressed wanting to place two embryos in our first trial and she expressed that it does not raise our chances of pregnancy.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RBA.
Lab results came back conflicting.

2015, Successful
Julie [an RBA nurse] was an awesome resource during my cycle. She was prompt in replying to my questions and able to answer detailed questions. I am grateful for her! Dr. Best is a deeply compassionate and skilled physician. She was familiar with my treatment history before our first visit and had immediate recommendations to improve the chances of a successful pregnancy for our next cycle. I work in healthcare, she is by far one of the best physicians I have worked with and she made me want to do a better job with my own patients.
How was your experience with Monica Best at RBA?
Trust her. She is spectacular. If you have questions Dr. Best or her staff will make sure you are taken care of -ask them anything.
I saw Dr. Best after an extremely negative experience with a previous provider. She was thorough, compassionate, & extremely positive. Transferring my care to her allowed me to heal and look forward to my next cycle with hope. She is an amazing physician and all around incredibly decent human being.
Lupron down regulation before frozen embryo transfer, Progesterone in oil supplementation during luteal phase versus vaginal progesterone. Successful pregnancy was the result.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA. (Assigned nurse: Julie Morin)
Julie was an awesome resource during my cycle. She was prompt in replying to my questions and able to answer detailed questions. I am grateful for her!
Travel, Medications, Cycle fee
2020, Consult
So our first appt was a phone consultation. We talked to him [Dr. Scott Slayden] for about an hour, and he really got to know us. I was surprised at how well the appt went just having it over the phone...Due to my age (35) he doesn't recommend IUI and recommends IVF for us so we can also freeze embryos and build a larger family later...
It is tough to rate [RBA] clinic during a pandemic. We had our consult, and his MA emailed us right away to contact them the first week of April for updates and unfortunately we couldn't do anything at this point. I have had trouble getting in contact with anyone since then, but all satellite offices are closed and the Main office is open, however I am unable to get in touch with anyone there. Again, we are in the middle of a pandemic and they are not starting anything new.
How was your experience with Scott Slayden at RBA?
We have only had a phone consult to this point due to the coronavirus pandemic. He made us feel pretty good about our chances of conceiving via IVF. However due to the timing of everything we cannot get any tests or start any cycles at this point. So we are just WAITING and it stinks, but I understand.
We had waited a few months to get a consultation with Dr. Slayden. When it was time for our appointment the Coronavirus pandemic was just beginning and the office had closed. So our first appt was a phone consultation. We talked to him for about an hour, and he really got to know us. I was surprised at how well the appt went just having it over the phone.
Describe your experience with RBA.
It is tough to rate a clinic during a pandemic. We had our consult, and his MA emailed us right away to contact them the first week of April for updates and unfortunately we couldn't do anything at this point. I have had trouble getting in contact with anyone since then, but all satellite offices are closed and the Main office is open, however I am unable to get in touch with anyone there. Again, we are in the middle of a pandemic and they are not starting anything new.
Scott Slayden
Marietta
Dr. Best stayed positive and frequently encouraged myself and my husband. She was not just thoughtful but very thorough with her treatment plan. She made adjustments when needed. The blend of her knowledge and positvity while managing your expectations made our experience a great one. We had been through previous doctors however she was truly our “ Monday Morning Quarterback “ she took our history and utilized it and adjusted where needed. After 17 years of trying to conceive, Dr. Best transferred our 1 embryo that is now a 10 month old baby girl.
Very compassionate staff [at RBA]. Everyone communicated well. They were very responsive and polite. No matter what time of day it was you felt as if you always mattered. The staff was extremely easy to work with. Never felt rushed for appointments...Dr. Best stayed positive and frequently encouraged myself and my husband. She was not just thoughtful but very thorough with her treatment plan. She made adjustments when needed.
How was your experience with Monica Best at RBA?
Trust the process, both good and bad times.
Dr. Best was very compassionate and had great bedside manner.
Lupron Gonotrophines
Describe your experience with RBA.
Very compassionate staff. Everyone communicated well. They were very responsive and polite. No matter what time of day it was you felt as if you always mattered. The staff was extremely easy to work with. Never felt rushed for appointments
Medications
Marietta
Clinic [RBA] seems to really value each patient as an individual vs a number. Weakness- i think they could do some upgrades to their facility and accommodations for patients in waiting area but I really do not think the clinic has any true clinical or relationship weaknesses.... Labwork- roughly 500 for spouse and I HSG-roughly 2000 IVF round- 15,500 Embry Tranfer- 4500 per transfer Meds- 4-5000 ( IVF cycle 3000 plus embryo transfer prep- mine were 5700) Additional Visits- 150 per visit
How was your experience with Jessica Rubin at RBA?
Dr. Rubin greeted my husband and I as people instead of patients. She introduced herself by her first name and really seemed to make a connection with us on a personal level. Due to our concern with our diagnosis, we saw her multiple times prior to making a decision on a treatment plan and those visits were more like therapy than clinical. She shared her personal beliefs and then discussed science. When we went into the retrieval, I was panicked about a low projected number of follicles the night before the procedure. Dr. Rubin called me at home at 8 pm when I was flipping out (she was not on call) just to reassure both my husband and I. She went above and beyond and made me feel safe in her care. I may need to do additional retrievals and I will only do them under her guidance.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jessica Rubin at RBA?
Be open to tough discussions- she will give you the information in a straight forward way
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jessica Rubin at RBA?
Dr. Rubin introduced herself to us and I knew she was going to treat us as people not a number. She remembered specific details about our lives that were unrelated to our treatment and made it a point to come visit us after our retrieval even though she wasn’t on call. In addition, she called and essentially talked us off the ledge when we almost backed out of Ivf due to fear. She engaged with me on a personal level that was beyond her clinical expectations as a provider. She truly seemed to care about our outcomes as a couple instead of statistic. Using her own experience with egg freezing, she was able to make a connection with me on a level beyond that of another RE.
Describe the protocols Jessica Rubin used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
Initial worktop was diagnostic labs for my husband and I, HSG for tubal testing, and follow up saline sonogram. IVF for unexplained infertility. Ultrasounds starting on day 5 of Protocol cycle- every other day until retrieval. Retrieval day 14. CoQ10 recommenced for egg quality. Meds- Gonal 5-150 mg at bedtime, HCG in am (10 mcg for egg quality) for entire cycle. Add Cetrotide daily staring on day 7 to prevent ovulation.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Clinic seems to really value each patient as an individual vs a number. Weakness- i think they could do some upgrades to their facility and accommodations for patients in waiting area but I really do not think the clinic has any true clinical or relationship weaknesses. Overall, a great experience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jessica Rubin at RBA.
Describe Jessica Rubin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
Only single embryo transfer. Statistical evidence that proves that single embryo transfer produces higher success rates and safer pregnancies and outcomes for mom and baby
Jessica Rubin
2012 - 2015, Successful
RBA is a wonderful practice. I was referred by my ObGyn. I've had many visits to the Main office and to Dr. Brama's Piedmont location. I cannot think of any weaknesses. Everyone was kind and professional.....The nurses were all very sweet and knowledgeable. There was one particular nurse that I did see a lot over the years. She was great. I was almost at the two mark after my transfer. It was the first day of summer school, so it was a stressful and busy day.
How was your experience with Pavna Brahma at RBA?
My experience with Dr. Brama was wonderful. She did whatever possible to make sure I understood what was going on with my body. She even drew pictures of my organs to explain parts of the process. My road to motherhood began with the removal of tubal blockages. My left tube was completely blocked and Dr. Brama removed it in 2012. She wanted to remove both, but respected my wishes to give the partially blocked (right) tube a chance. Surgery was successful and after a couple of attempts with IUI, she suggested not wasting my money. The other tube was not cooperating. It would be better to remove it and proceed with IVF. My second surgery was completed a year after my first. After my body had time to heal, I was ready to begin egg retrieval. The retrieval went well; 17 eggs harvested and fertilized. 5 of them made it to 5day blasts. Unfortunately, my body went through ovarian hyperstimulation, so the window to transfer was closing. I opted to freeze the embryos, allow my body to recoup...and pay down some medical bills. A few months later I was back. I began taking the meds to prep my body for the transfer. This procedure was the only part Dr. Brama wasnt a part of due to a scheduling conflict. However, she told me personally which in my mind attributed to the great relationship we had. Again every part of the process was explained. We discussed risk factors and I decided to transfer 1 thawed embryo. For me, 1 was all it took. The transfer was successful and I carried my daughter for a little over 37 weeks. After my baby was born, Dr. Brama was the first person I took her to meet. I couldn't have asked for a better doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Pavna Brahma at RBA?
Dr. Brama is very wise and has great bedside manner. Stay optimistic and and trust her guidance.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Pavna Brahma at RBA?
Not to say that one should go off of a picture alone, but as I read the bios of each doctor at RBA, there was a wariness in Dr. Brama's smile that drew me to her. Upon meeting her, I knew I had made the right decision. Taking the news of infertility was hard and Dr. Brama allowed me the time to have my emotional moment. NEVER was there a time that I felt rushed or "like a number".
Describe the protocols Pavna Brahma used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
I do not recall the protocols Dr. Brama used, but in my opinion it was a blend of her medical expertise and respecting my wishes as a patient. I could've probably shaved a year off of my time had I not tried to make use of the partially blocked tube. I appreciated that, but what I appreciated more was Dr. Brama not being afraid as my doctor to then say to me we're wasting time. Not in those exact words, but it was the snap back to reality I needed to regain my focus and stay the course. I don't know if I'm a special case...being successful with IVF on my first try, but it was a pleasant surprise.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RBA.
The nurses were all very sweet and knowledgeable. There was one particular nurse that I did see a lot over the years. She was great. I was almost at the two mark after my transfer. It was the first day of summer school, so it was a stressful and busy day. That afternoon I went to the restroom and saw that I was spotting. Can we say minor freak out? I called Dr. Brama's office and this same nurse was able to calm me down. She asked how bright the blood was. Its was dark burgundy/brownish. She reassured me it was old blood and to not worry. More than likely it was implantation bleeding...and it was. I think all of the nurses are well trained and understand the delicate nature of each situation and our stress levels.
Describe your experience with RBA.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Pavna Brahma at RBA.
Unfortunately I do not recall the prices associated with my care during those 4 years. Georgia insurance does not cover infertility. I did eventually open a loan with CapExMD. Then I started a GoFundMe page to help pay off the loan.
Describe Pavna Brahma's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RBA.
We did have a thorough discussion about the number of embryos to transfer. For a while I thought about multiples, but I've always worried about my stature. I'm not even 5 feet tall. It didnt take much convincing on my end, but Dr. Brama also felt it would be best for a single transfer.
Pavna Brahma