LGBTQ+ Competent Care
LGBTQ+ Competent Care

Based on reviews from the LGBTQ+ community.

LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

Brasselton
Atlanta, GA 30309
1100 Johnson Ferry Road NE, Suite 200
Atlanta, GA 30342

2012 - 2013, Successful
The overall strategy [for Dr. Massey] was for me to take some supplements to possibly help produce quality eggs for me because of my age... First retrieval resulted in a negative pregnancy. The next step was to perform the frozen transfer and that resulted in a positive pregnancy...Dr Massey always made me feel very comfortable and went out of his way to make sure I was in the right frame of mind to go through each step of the IVF process. He even made daily phone calls and came in on the weekends if there was something that required his attention. He also made sure my husband was also feeling involved in the process.
This clinic I feel like genuinely wants to help individuals get pregnant. First of all the pricing for their procedures are the most competitive out there. The knowledge that the Doctors have in this practice are also extremely impressive. I feel they are very realistic in terms of your probability and I don't feel like they would do anything at all just to run up the fertility cost...The nursing staff was extremely helpful. They sat down with my husband and I and went through how to take the shots. They explained all numbers that were given during tests. Made the appropriate phone calls to schedule appointments and answered any questions I may have had in a timely fashion.
How was your experience with Joe Massey at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic)?
I started out with another facility here in Georgia and because of my age was told the only way I could get pregnant was to use donor eggs. My husband and I decided to get a 2nd opinion and stumbled upon Dr Massey. I don't think I could of gone through this process without him and his staff. He by far has the best bedside manner and was always extremely positive and extremely genuine. He went above and beyond what is expected of a doctor. After our first failed attempt he was there for me. Had a meeting to make sure I was ok and ready for the frozen transfer. We determined that taking a little time off might be best to be in the right frame of mind for the frozen transfer. When it was time to due the frozen he was again there for me every step of the way. After experiencing some complications after the frozen transfer he called to check on me daily to make sure I was doing ok. He even wrote a personal letter to my OBGYN to see me early before the expected time frame they like to see patients. Dr Massey gave me hope when I didn't feel like there was any. He held my hand every step of the way and always made me feel very special and not just another number. Most practices won't even see women over 40 and Dr Massey took the time to educate me and advise me on the most successful way to try and conceive. Without his help, knowledge, and caring I would not have the 4 year old blessing that we call our miracle baby. To this day I still send him messages and pictures and he is always there to respond to my messages.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joe Massey at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic)?
I would tell them to look at their personal lifestyle meaning the foods and exercise they may be doing and make sure they are the right things for them in terms of trying to conceive. Taking vitamins, etc. I would also recommend reading as much as you can about the process and speaking with others to make sure they are mentally prepared for the emotions you can go through.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joe Massey at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic)?
Dr Massey and his staff was always very kind and attentive. Dr Massey always made me feel very comfortable and went out of his way to make sure I was in the right frame of mind to go through each step of the IVF process. He even made daily phone calls and came in on the weekends if there was something that required his attention. He also made sure my husband was also feeling involved in the process.
Describe the protocols Joe Massey used in your cycles at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic) and their degree of success.
The overall strategy was for me to take some supplements to possibly help produce quality eggs for me because of my age. My husband also had to undergo a sperm retrieval as well. Once the sperm retrieval was successful we moved on to the hormone producing shots and then the retrieval of eggs. After that ICSI was performed and the implantation was performed. First retrieval resulted in a negative pregnancy. The next step was to perform the frozen transfer and that resulted in a positive pregnancy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic).
Describe your experience with Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic).
This clinic is by far the best. I had visited 2 other practices beforehand. This clinic I feel like genuinely wants to help individuals get pregnant. First of all the pricing for their procedures are the most competitive out there. The knowledge that the Doctors have in this practice are also extremely impressive. I feel they are very realistic in terms of your probability and I don't feel like they would do anything at all just to run up the fertility cost.
2010 - 2012, Unsuccessful
LGBTQ+
Dr. Massey was so open and welcoming to my partner and me....As a not very feminine queer woman (lesbian) I am always apprehensive before I go to the doctor as I worry I may be met with homophobia or ignorance...He never made me feel like I didn't belong and he never made me feel like I had to educate him on who we are as a couple. When we finally got pregnant (my partner) I truly felt like he was celebrating with us...He was sweet and funny and really positive with me. I did IUI and IVF with him and it didn't work BUT my partner did an IUI with him and got pregnant with our son!
Servy Massey was the only IVF we could afford...it was the only place within reach and that is why they will always have a special place in my heart...I really appreciate their inclusivity..We remember Dawn the most. She would always see us and say "hey girls" and then catch us up on what was happening in her life. She was a great nurse and a real cheerleader for us as we tried to get pregnant.
As a not very feminine queer woman (lesbian) I am always apprehensive before I go to the doctor as I worry I may be met with homophobia or ignorance. Dr. Massey was so open and welcoming to my partner and me. He never made me feel like I didn't belong and he never made me feel like I had to educate him on who we are as a couple. When we finally got pregnant (my partner) I truly felt like he was celebrating with us. We felt lucky to have him on our baby-making team.
Stay engaged in the process and be patient. Making a baby is actually pretty hard and it might take longer than you anticipated. Be open to the possibilities an be honest with him about your expectations and limitations.
By the time I got to Dr. Massey I had been trying for years to get pregnant and was very disheartened. He was sweet and funny and really positive with me. I did IUI and IVF with him and it didn't work BUT my partner did an IUI with him and got pregnant with our son! We have remained in touch after the birth of our son and continue to send Dr. Massey and his staff pictures. We see them as part of our family.
Oh geez, it was a while ago. I tried some IUIs with all kinds of drugs and that didn't work so then we did IVF with him running the clinical side here in Atlanta and Dr. Servy doing the IVF in Augusta. Even though that didn't work, it was still a great experience. Everyone was amazing and nice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic). (Assigned nurse: Dawn)
In general I think it was a great group of people. They moved locations from when I was trying to get pregnant to when my partner was trying and I think the new place was a bit fancier than the other one, but as long as it is clean, I don't really care about fancy. I wish everything wasn't so far outside the perimeter (we live in Decatur) but I get that that is where the hospitals and money are.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joe Massey at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic).
All I remember is that Servy Massey was the only IVF we could afford. We still had to re-finance our house to pay for it but it was the only place within reach and that is why they will always have a special place in my heart. I think they understand that not everyone who wants to/has to have a kid through reproductive technology is rich. I really appreciate their inclusivity.

2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Dourron and his staff are extremely personable. During the consultation, he discussed his upbringing, training and goals. He also took time to actually listen to mine and my husband's concerns. We didn't feel rushed and we left with renewed hope...I will undergo mini-stim IVF. Dr. Dourron explained the success rates for my age group and mini-stim is the best option. Mini-stim is like traditional IVF minus all of the medications, which is a contributor to the costs.
You can make [Pathways Fertility] appointments online which is so convenient. Additionally you are able to upload your paperwork on the portal,which speeds up the process. The clinic is in a good location and is not outdated...The nursing staff are great!! The are so personable and help alleviate some of the anxiety with their great personalities...The cost for one cycle of mini-stim will be approximately $10,000. The genetic testing is $250. Sperm analysis is $100. You will also need lab work before the treatment, that cost will depend on your insurance.
How was your experience with Edward Dourron at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic)?
Dr. Dourron knows his stuff! He took time to present the research, in an understandable way. He also shared the success rates for each method and let us decide which treatment we were interested in. He didn't rush the consultation and took time to answer all of my questions.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Edward Dourron at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic)?
Make the appointment! It can be difficult and scary to take that first step but take it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Edward Dourron at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic)?
Describe the protocols Edward Dourron used in your cycles at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic) and their degree of success.
You can make appointments online which is so convenient. Additionally you are able to upload your paperwork on the portal,which speeds up the process. The clinic is in a good location and is not outdated.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Edward Dourron at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic).
Edward Dourron
Pathways Fertility - Atlanta (Prelude Network clinic)
The doctor [Dr. Massey] remembered my name and why I was coming I never had to remain the team of why I was there ... He is very good at what he does he takes his time and go over every possible option to give you the care that you need. He walk you through every step of the process with whatever procedures you are getting done. He always listens to what the patient wants and needs
The clinic [Servy Massey Fertility Institute] is centrally located and easy to get to there is plenty of parking. The clinic is very clean and organized. The outside grounds was clean and groomed nicely. I was really impressed with how clean and fresh the restroom was ... The nursing staff was kind and friendly they made you feel welcome and at home
To make sure that you know what you want and need before you schedule an appointment
The doctor remembered my name and why I was coming I never had to remain the team of why I was there
I was just giving clomid
The nursing staff was kind and friendly they made you feel welcome and at home
The clinic is centrally located and easy to get to there is plenty of parking. The clinic is very clean and organized. The outside grounds was clean and groomed nicely. I was really impressed with how clean and fresh the restroom was
$4500
Describe Joe Massey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic).
2015, Unknown Success
They [Dr. Massey and staff] took their time explaining everything in detail, answered questions we wouldn't have known to ask, and we never felt like we were being pushed out the door or that we were bothering them with questions.
With Dr. Massey and the team at SMFI [Servy Massey Fertility Institute], we saw the same doctors and nurses, they knew our names, our situation, without having to look at the chart.
Be prepared for someone a little goofy. You'll appreciate it later.
With Dr. Massey and the team at SMFI, we saw the same doctors and nurses, they knew our names, our situation, without having to look at the chart. They took their time explaining everything in detail, answered questions we wouldn't have known to ask, and we never felt like we were being pushed out the door or that we were bothering them with questions.
The nurses at SMFI always knew our case and who we were without having to look at a chart.

2021 - 2022, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Edward Dourron] is careful to explain things to me and made sure I understood. He did not sugarcoat me but I did not feel like I was buying a used car, which I have felt before...He had bad news to deliver, he did not beat about the bush but he did not hang up until checking on me. He did not speak badly of another doctor I had see but did tell me that is not how he would have handled it.
When you are in the [Pathways Fertility] office you have the complete attention of the people who are there. Like most businesses I know of, I think they are understaffed so getting information once you are gone can be frustrating, and new patient appointments are pretty far out...When you get to the nursing staff, they are friendly and concerned. Like most businesses right now, sometimes it is hard to get through to a person. For me, emailing just be they opened seemed to get the most timely response.
Come with questions.
He is careful to explain things to me and made sure I understood. He did not sugarcoat me but I did not feel like I was buying a used car, which I have felt before
I did as much research as I could, and he was silamar to one of the two other doctors I have seen but I don't know that I know enough to answer this question. I took 5 different medications and he explained that at my age this protocol gave us the best chance to get the most eggs without damaging them.
I made contact with this clinic through an online, live webinar. It was someone of the most helpful information I have come across in my 4 years, and 3 doctors of fertility treatments. When you are in the office you have the complete attention of the people who are there. Like most businesses I know of, I think they are understaffed so getting information once you are gone can be frustrating, and new patient appointments are pretty far out.
They were on par which all but one doctor I found, but after visiting the cheaper and more convenient doctor I felt the cheaper doctor was not ethical.
Describe Edward Dourron's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic).
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic).
This only happened once and i have had more than one procedure done so it is not normal. I had blood work taken on a Wednesday and i normally hear from someone the same day so Thursday 10 minutes before they closed I called to check in. I was told lab results were;t in yet but i got a call back within minutes with my results. I believe that my results came in the day before and i got forgotten. Also, so experience, I realized Friday after they closed and my pharmacy closed I had not been told to pick up prescriations like the previous time. Because it was after hours, i could not do anything until after the egg retrieval. Two minutes after I got home from the retirival i got a message from my pharmacy that i could pick prescribe but because I could be left alone, i did not have access to my pharmacy. The last blood work was done 3 days before hand so i think i slipped through the cracks
Edward Dourron
Pathways Fertility - Atlanta (Prelude Network clinic)

Dr Massey was a great doctor...The treatments didn’t get me pregnant a test that I probably should have gotten done from the start did...When I had An IUI done the doctor told me that my husband didn’t need to come I just Needed to bring his sample with me. When I got There it was a big deal that he wasn’t there. Though they used the sample and still went through with it.
I believe that people go to a fertility doctor as a last resort or after much loss. I believe the office staff should be the most compassionate people. Unfortunately I do not believe that is the case at this [Pathways Fertility] office. I had a good experience with back of the house but not front of the house...I had a round of just Clomid which cost me like $600 IUI was around $1400 then the HSG test was about $1100
Dr Massey was a great doctor. Although I spent like $3500 and when I left a message that I was Pregnant I never got a call back. I do However believe that that is more the office staff. The doctor was great!!
The office staff was not super caring but the nurses and the doctor are all very friendly
I got pregnant after getting a test to check my tubes which were clear but after that test I was Pregnant!! I called And left a message so excited. Nobody called me back :(
The treatments didn’t get me pregnant a test that I probably should have gotten done from the start did!!
The nursing staff were always very kind to me.
I believe that people go to a fertility doctor as a last resort or after much loss. I believe the office staff should be the most compassionate people. Unfortunately I do not believe that is the case at this office. I had a good experience with back of the house but not front of the house.
2020, Consult
I felt like a human because [Dr. Joe Massey] actually listened to me and answered questions I had. He didn't just tell me what his plan was, he asked if I was okay with it. He also told me PCOS is common...when I told him about our history and pretty much said no problem we will get you guys taken care of...he did say that we should try another round of IUI before going to IVF...
[Pathways Fertility] is very affordable compared to most others. They are very prompt and get back to you right away if they miss your call. They all seem very compassionate and like they are here for you and you are not just a number...We only had a phone consult...A phone consult is $75...I felt very optimistic and like [Dr. Joe Massey] could help us.
Dr. Massey I was very open and down to earth! I didn't feel ashamed or annoyed or anything. When talking with him I felt very optimistic and like he could help us. He was very confident in his responses.
Don't wait so long like I did!
I felt like a human because he actually listened to me and answered questions I had. He didn't just tell me what his plan was, he asked if I was okay with it. He also told me PCOS is common. Dr. Massey listened to me when I told him about our history and pretty much said no problem we will get you guys taken care of!
We only had a phone consult, however he did say that we should try another round of IUI before going to IVF.
I haven't had much interaction with them yet however I have been communicating with John via email and she is very prompt and compassionate.
This clinic is very affordable compared to most others. They are very prompt and get back to you right away if they miss your call. They all seem very compassionate and like they are here for you and you are not just a number.
A phone consult is $75 right now
None

2012 - 2014, Unsuccessful
10 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. Massey is so knowledgeable and dependable. When I first started my IVF journey I really didn’t have the money to do any treatment or even pay for the meds, but his entire staff found ways to get my meds paid for and I was able to have 2 cycles of IVF and retrievals done at a cost that is just unheard of! That alone allowed me to trust his process and believe that he believed in me and my dream of having a family
[Servy Massey Fertility Institute is] a smaller clinic that really takes their patients seriously, so you don’t feel like a number. They are passionate about what they do, organized and always greet you with a smile! I would definitely recommend this clinic to others!...I only dealt with Dawn and another nurse who was filling in for a nurse on either maternity leave or vacation. However, Dawn was excellent, knowledgeable and was always available to me
Trust in his process!
Every appointment we were able to speak to Dr. Massey. He was kind and very knowledgeable
At the time that I came to the clinic, I only dealt with Dawn and another nurse who was filling in for a nurse on either maternity leave or vacation. However, Dawn was excellent, knowledgeable and was always available to me
They are a smaller clinic that really takes their patients seriously, so you don’t feel like a number. They are passionate about what they do, organized and always greet you with a smile! I would definitely recommend this clinic to others!
I believe before he raised his costs (and deservingly so) I personally paid $3000 for everything including meds
Pathways Fertility - Atlanta (Prelude Network clinic)
Clinic [RBA] seems to really value each patient as an individual vs a number. Weakness- i think they could do some upgrades to their facility and accommodations for patients in waiting area but I really do not think the clinic has any true clinical or relationship weaknesses.... Labwork- roughly 500 for spouse and I HSG-roughly 2000 IVF round- 15,500 Embry Tranfer- 4500 per transfer Meds- 4-5000 ( IVF cycle 3000 plus embryo transfer prep- mine were 5700) Additional Visits- 150 per visit
How was your experience with Jessica Rubin at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic)?
Dr. Rubin greeted my husband and I as people instead of patients. She introduced herself by her first name and really seemed to make a connection with us on a personal level. Due to our concern with our diagnosis, we saw her multiple times prior to making a decision on a treatment plan and those visits were more like therapy than clinical. She shared her personal beliefs and then discussed science. When we went into the retrieval, I was panicked about a low projected number of follicles the night before the procedure. Dr. Rubin called me at home at 8 pm when I was flipping out (she was not on call) just to reassure both my husband and I. She went above and beyond and made me feel safe in her care. I may need to do additional retrievals and I will only do them under her guidance.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jessica Rubin at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic)?
Be open to tough discussions- she will give you the information in a straight forward way
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jessica Rubin at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic)?
Dr. Rubin introduced herself to us and I knew she was going to treat us as people not a number. She remembered specific details about our lives that were unrelated to our treatment and made it a point to come visit us after our retrieval even though she wasn’t on call. In addition, she called and essentially talked us off the ledge when we almost backed out of Ivf due to fear. She engaged with me on a personal level that was beyond her clinical expectations as a provider. She truly seemed to care about our outcomes as a couple instead of statistic. Using her own experience with egg freezing, she was able to make a connection with me on a level beyond that of another RE.
Describe the protocols Jessica Rubin used in your cycles at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic) and their degree of success.
Initial worktop was diagnostic labs for my husband and I, HSG for tubal testing, and follow up saline sonogram. IVF for unexplained infertility. Ultrasounds starting on day 5 of Protocol cycle- every other day until retrieval. Retrieval day 14. CoQ10 recommenced for egg quality. Meds- Gonal 5-150 mg at bedtime, HCG in am (10 mcg for egg quality) for entire cycle. Add Cetrotide daily staring on day 7 to prevent ovulation.
Clinic seems to really value each patient as an individual vs a number. Weakness- i think they could do some upgrades to their facility and accommodations for patients in waiting area but I really do not think the clinic has any true clinical or relationship weaknesses. Overall, a great experience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jessica Rubin at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic).
Describe Jessica Rubin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic).
Only single embryo transfer. Statistical evidence that proves that single embryo transfer produces higher success rates and safer pregnancies and outcomes for mom and baby
Jessica Rubin
2012 - 2015, Successful
RBA is a wonderful practice. I was referred by my ObGyn. I've had many visits to the Main office and to Dr. Brama's Piedmont location. I cannot think of any weaknesses. Everyone was kind and professional.....The nurses were all very sweet and knowledgeable. There was one particular nurse that I did see a lot over the years. She was great. I was almost at the two mark after my transfer. It was the first day of summer school, so it was a stressful and busy day.
How was your experience with Pavna Brahma at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic)?
My experience with Dr. Brama was wonderful. She did whatever possible to make sure I understood what was going on with my body. She even drew pictures of my organs to explain parts of the process. My road to motherhood began with the removal of tubal blockages. My left tube was completely blocked and Dr. Brama removed it in 2012. She wanted to remove both, but respected my wishes to give the partially blocked (right) tube a chance. Surgery was successful and after a couple of attempts with IUI, she suggested not wasting my money. The other tube was not cooperating. It would be better to remove it and proceed with IVF. My second surgery was completed a year after my first. After my body had time to heal, I was ready to begin egg retrieval. The retrieval went well; 17 eggs harvested and fertilized. 5 of them made it to 5day blasts. Unfortunately, my body went through ovarian hyperstimulation, so the window to transfer was closing. I opted to freeze the embryos, allow my body to recoup...and pay down some medical bills. A few months later I was back. I began taking the meds to prep my body for the transfer. This procedure was the only part Dr. Brama wasnt a part of due to a scheduling conflict. However, she told me personally which in my mind attributed to the great relationship we had. Again every part of the process was explained. We discussed risk factors and I decided to transfer 1 thawed embryo. For me, 1 was all it took. The transfer was successful and I carried my daughter for a little over 37 weeks. After my baby was born, Dr. Brama was the first person I took her to meet. I couldn't have asked for a better doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Pavna Brahma at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic)?
Dr. Brama is very wise and has great bedside manner. Stay optimistic and and trust her guidance.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Pavna Brahma at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic)?
Not to say that one should go off of a picture alone, but as I read the bios of each doctor at RBA, there was a wariness in Dr. Brama's smile that drew me to her. Upon meeting her, I knew I had made the right decision. Taking the news of infertility was hard and Dr. Brama allowed me the time to have my emotional moment. NEVER was there a time that I felt rushed or "like a number".
Describe the protocols Pavna Brahma used in your cycles at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic) and their degree of success.
I do not recall the protocols Dr. Brama used, but in my opinion it was a blend of her medical expertise and respecting my wishes as a patient. I could've probably shaved a year off of my time had I not tried to make use of the partially blocked tube. I appreciated that, but what I appreciated more was Dr. Brama not being afraid as my doctor to then say to me we're wasting time. Not in those exact words, but it was the snap back to reality I needed to regain my focus and stay the course. I don't know if I'm a special case...being successful with IVF on my first try, but it was a pleasant surprise.
The nurses were all very sweet and knowledgeable. There was one particular nurse that I did see a lot over the years. She was great. I was almost at the two mark after my transfer. It was the first day of summer school, so it was a stressful and busy day. That afternoon I went to the restroom and saw that I was spotting. Can we say minor freak out? I called Dr. Brama's office and this same nurse was able to calm me down. She asked how bright the blood was. Its was dark burgundy/brownish. She reassured me it was old blood and to not worry. More than likely it was implantation bleeding...and it was. I think all of the nurses are well trained and understand the delicate nature of each situation and our stress levels.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Pavna Brahma at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic).
Unfortunately I do not recall the prices associated with my care during those 4 years. Georgia insurance does not cover infertility. I did eventually open a loan with CapExMD. Then I started a GoFundMe page to help pay off the loan.
Describe Pavna Brahma's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic).
We did have a thorough discussion about the number of embryos to transfer. For a while I thought about multiples, but I've always worried about my stature. I'm not even 5 feet tall. It didnt take much convincing on my end, but Dr. Brama also felt it would be best for a single transfer.
2014, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Pavna Brahma] listen to my thoughts about what I wanted during a cycle...She has an excellent bedside manner and she’s very warm and caring...She works with you on a plan that you can both agree on. She always kept me in the loop... I saw her every visit. She’s very thorough in her testing and blood work. She didn’t test for any immune or genetic issues though and felt it wasn’t warranted. I felt differently but my insurance also didn’t cover it. She made sure that I was on the correct supplements during my preparation phase and that I saw a dietitian that specialize in PCOS and prenatal health.
The wait time can be long [at RBA] so get the early morning appointments if possible. If you switch to a different RBA location you must request your records to be sent as they aren’t available system wide for some reason...Our start was to get my PCOS under control then prepare for IVF with ICSI...She [Dr. Pavna Brahma] listen to my thoughts about what I wanted during a cycle...She has an excellent bedside manner and she’s very warm and caring
She works with you on a plan that you can both agree on. She always kept me in the loop and made sure we took strived to my PCOD under control first. I saw her every visit. She’s very thorough in her testing and blood work. She didn’t test for any immune or genetic issues though and felt it wasn’t warranted. I felt differently but my insurance also didn’t cover it. She made sure that I was on the correct supplements during my preparation phase and that I saw a dietitian that specialize in PCOS and prenatal health.
Make a list of concerns you have. Make sure she has any records that pertain to your fertility weeks before your appointment and if possible have your ob/gyn do a preliminary workout so you can ask questions.
She listen to my thoughts about what I wanted during a cycle, the outcome of the cycle and agreed on what we needed to do to prepared. She has an excellent bedside manner and she’s very warm and caring. I really like her.
Our start was to get my PCOS under control then prepare for IVF with ICSI.
The wait time can be long so get the early morning appointments if possible. If you switch to a different RBA location you must request your records to be sent as they aren’t available system wide for some reason.
My insurance covered everything

2011, Unsuccessful
Mostly we liked Dr. Brahma. However, during the first IUI I remember starting to cry and she seemed genuinely surprised and not sure how to deal with me (which truly surprised me - can't imagine I was the first woman to respond that way!)...I was disappointed with the way she responded during the procedure. It seemed like she should have known how to handle a hormonal woman crying during an unpleasant procedure when she's trying to have a baby...
They [RBA] seemed to be efficient, we never waited very long to see a doctor or nurse. The one thing that was funny that I remember was that everyone in the office was so soft-spoken. It was a little odd!... there was one ultrasound tech who was awesome. Her name was Linda. She was compassionate, but also understanding. Whenever we went in, she had an attitude of "I know this isn't pleasant so let's just try and get it over with." She didn't 'sugar coat" it or try to chit chat. She also really listened to what I had to say and how I was feeling.
Please see earlier note about the IUI procedure and her response. Mostly we liked her, but I was disappointed with the way she responded during the procedure. It seemed like she should have known how to handle a hormonal woman crying during an unpleasant procedure when she's trying to have a baby.
Try her out. See if you like her style.
I don't remember a lot of the nursing staff. However, there was one ultrasound tech who was awesome. Her name was Linda. She was compassionate, but also understanding. Whenever we went in, she had an attitude of "I know this isn't pleasant so let's just try and get it over with." She didn't 'sugar coat" it or try to chit chat. She also really listened to what I had to say and how I was feeling. She never made me feel silly for asking a question or being nervous or responding to anything in a certain way. She was the best part of the experience!
I honestly don't remember much about the clinic. They seemed to be efficient, we never waited very long to see a doctor or nurse. The one thing that was funny that I remember was that everyone in the office was so soft-spoken. It was a little odd!

2014 - 2016, Unknown Success
Dr. Brahma [at RBA] was extremely helpful and informative. She was was very positive about the procedures and our options. My husband and I were referred from the Macon GA Fertility Clinic. At the first appointment, we felt comfortable with continuing our fertility journey with Dr. Brahma and her team. My husband was treated by Dr. With, who was also very helpful. I would recommend Dr. Brahma to anyone. This is not an easy journey and having a great doctor does make a difference.
Dr. Brahma was extremely helpful and informative. She was was very positive about the procedures and our options. My husband and I were referred from the Macon GA Fertility Clinic. At the first appointment, we felt comfortable with continuing our fertility journey with Dr. Brahma and her team. My husband was treated by Dr. With, who was also very helpful. I would recommend Dr. Brahma to anyone. This is not an easy journey and having a great doctor does make a difference.
I would advise a prospective patient to be completely open with Dr. Brahma. Also, to ask any questions that you may have.
She was honest and courteous with all of our questions and concerns.
In the beginning, we discovered that my egg reserve was low. As a result, we looked into using an egg donor.
My experience with the nurses was always a good one. I had little contact with the nurses as Dr. Brahma was extremely involved in my care and she was present during every visit.
The clinic has several locations which makes it easier for appointments. I cannot think of any weaknesses.
We have the basic costs for our care: office visit copays, procedure costs and deductibles.
Piedmont Hospital
Dr. Straub explained things well and let us know of the risks involved with the treatments. He was always positive and told us that if this specific treatment didn’t work, we would adjust and take the next step. Lucky for us, Clomid worked on the 1st cycle after some initial testing!...Dr. Straub himself was very good at explaining exactly what could happen or would happen. I still have his drawings for his explanations of our treatments. Amazing!
They [RBA - Atl Pied] were friendly and courteous. The clinic in ATL was a little difficult to locate at first but the receptionist was kind enough to provide directions. We were with them for the first 10 weeks of my pregnancy and I would make the 1.5 hour drive a hundred times over....[nursing staff] They kept us well informed and communicated via telephone and email, which was very helpful...he nurses kept me informed and Dr. Straub himself was very good at explaining exactly what could happen or would happen.
How was your experience with Robert Straub at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Straub at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic)?
Do not hesitate. Schedule an appointment now to be referred!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Straub at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic)?
The nurses kept me informed and Dr. Straub himself was very good at explaining exactly what could happen or would happen. I still have his drawings for his explanations of our treatments. Amazing!
Describe the protocols Robert Straub used in your cycles at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic) and their degree of success.
Low dosage of Clomid with an injection- can’t recall the exact name of the injection
They were friendly and courteous. The clinic in ATL was a little difficult to locate at first but the receptionist was kind enough to provide directions. We were with them for the first 10 weeks of my pregnancy and I would make the 1.5 hour drive a hundred times over.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Straub at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic).
$60 copay per visit
Describe Robert Straub's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic).
Robert Straub

2014 - 2018, Successful
Dr Brahma has tremendous empathy and a compassionate bedside manner. She did not sugar coat or over promise results, but was balanced and honest.... I would never have chosen the course of infertility, but knowing Dr Brahma as a result was the silver lining. Her compassionate and wise care changed everything for my husband d and me. We are forever thankful for her intellectual brilliance and her loving bedside manner.... Typical egg retrieval and transfer of tested, frozen embryos.
RBA has changed a lot and their corporate administration has gotten disorganized. You have to be your own advocate and stay on top of your protocols, procedures and paperwork. Still have a very strong lab... I would never have chosen the course of infertility, but knowing Dr Brahma as a result was the silver lining. Her compassionate and wise care changed everything for my husband d and me. We are forever thankful for her intellectual brilliance and her loving bedside manner.
Don’t wait to go see her!
Typical egg retrieval and transfer of tested, frozen embryos. She was wise to encourage me not to wait too long when I was scared to try IVF
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic). (Assigned nurse: Mary Koelbel, Crystal Alcantara)
Very well trained t Dr Brahma
$25k
Just occasional miscommunication from how RBA has changed

Cancer
1 Egg Freezing With Other Docs (cancer)
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
She [Dr. Brahma] is amazing! But I would highly recommended her to anyone who wants a compassionate and effective fertility doctor. ... She was caring and sympathetic which was appreciated for this type of treatment. ... Wonderful and I have recommended her to multiple friends. ... I have heard she has recently left RBA and is consulting although I am not sure where? ... Take notes.
I was at Piedmont [RBA] satellite office which was quiet and usually I was the only patient in there. I went to the main office a few times for retrieval etc and it was very busy. Billing office was easy to communicate with. They gave detailed invoices. ... Great communication , she [nurse] responded to my emails within the hour every time. ... $20k [cost of treatment] ... Take notes.
Wonderful and I have recommended her to multiple friends. She is amazing! I have heard she has recently left RBA and is consulting although I am not sure where? But I would highly recommended her to anyone who wants a compassionate and effective fertility doctor.
Take notes.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic). (Assigned nurse: Mary)
Great communication , she responded to my emails within the hour every time.
I was at Piedmont satellite office which was quiet and usually I was the only patient in there. I went to the main office a few times for retrieval etc and it was very busy. Billing office was easy to communicate with. They gave detailed invoices.
$20k

2023, Unknown Success
[Dr. Erin Lewis is] very clear that her goal is to prevent any losses and to minimize how many times you have to go through any of the procedures involved in this process. She is also realistic based off of the circumstances personal to you about alternative outcomes and how she will approach modifying things for the next time or in the future should you face any sort of negative outcome or loss. Not only does she have a back up plan but she has multiple of them so she is prepared to approach all angles of what may need to be modified to provide you with success.
Them [RBA] clinic is excellent really. They made it very easy and timely to get my initial consult and all appointments in throughout the process. They don’t make you wait or be on any waitlist start a cycle they prioritize you and fit you in and are seemingly very dedicated to working around and for their patients. Their online website/prelude app makes it extremely easy to communicate through messaging with the nursing staff, financial staff, appointment coordinators etc. to arrange whatever you may need or ask whatever questions you may have. When I have had an appointment I have never had to wait longer than five minutes in their lobby. The facility itself is very clean, up-to-date and functional. Staff that draws your blood the ultrasound techs in the front desk have all been kind and considerate and made it very comfortable for somebody like me and it’s pretty quiet and nervous about being in the situation and I appreciate it endlessly.
How was your experience with Erin Lewis at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic)?
As I mentioned before, Dr. Lewis it’s truly the first doctor or really person throughout my IVF journey over the last 1.5 years to actually ask me if I was doing okay physically, mentally and emotionally. Not only is she just a genuinely good person and cares about you as a human being but she is incredibly intelligent well trained and prepared to personalize your treatment regardless of what setbacks You may encounter along the way. She will take the time whenever you need to schedule an appointment in person or on the phone telephone, as I live three hours away it has been very convenient to be able to schedule telephone calls with her, and in then she will answer any questions you have as well as go over all the options available as well as her recommendation. Not only will she tell you her recommendation but she will tell you why and she will use actual evidence-based medicine that is current to back up why she’s recommending some thing to you. She is not stuck in the past or in any old routines that some IVF doctors get in , she it’s very clear that her goal is to prevent any losses and to minimize how many times you have to go through any of the procedures involved in this process. She is also realistic based off of the circumstances personal to you about alternative outcomes and how she will approach modifying things for the next time or in the future should you face any sort of negative outcome or loss. Not only does she have a back up plan but she has multiple of them so she is prepared to approach all angles of what may need to be modified to provide you with success. I am currently starting my second egg retrieval, first one with her, this week. I feel very comfortable with the plan we have for it as well as for freezing and biopsy of the embryos we will (hopefully) get! Along the way to prepare for this I had an HSG performed, and an ERA to determine the best transfer time for me. Unfortunately the last clinic had not recommended biopsy of the embryos because I was 29 (which I say to anyone embarking- just biopsy them It’s worth it) so unfortunately we don’t know the quality of the embryo that had been transferred by her from the old clinic. So this time we plan to biopsy them. She did notice that I had some cervical stenosis as well and should that have been one of the reasons for my transfer failures she has explained to me that we can do a cervical dilation three weeks prior to my next transfer in order to eliminate that obstacle. So clearly as you can see she is looking to scientifically determine all angles of what may be causing your fertility and prevent them in the future to provide you with success. I feel very confident and encouraged she is going to make it happen for us and will be determined to do so.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Erin Lewis at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic)?
Absolutely feel peace of mind she and her staff will take care of you the way you deserve to be treated during this journey in your life.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Erin Lewis at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic)?
When I first talked to Dr. Lewis it was on the telephone as I do live 3 1/2 hours away from her clinic. This was after going through a retrieval with two failed transfers at a different facility in a different state that had been somewhat traumatizing. I realized when she answered the phone she was the first person at a fertility clinic to ask me “how are you have you been doing OK?“ I can’t even describe to anyone what that meant to me and how much I realized until that moment I had not been treated like a human being or had any of my emotions considered throughout the process. Had my last embryo that was created at the old facility transported to Dr. Lewis and unfortunately I did not take but a no-fault to her. I am currently starting my stim cycle for a new IVF round with her as I write this. I can say that over the last six months of tests, procedures, and conversations with her she has remained one of the kindest and “human” doctors I have ever had. Mind you, this is in addition to her incredible intelligence and training.
Describe the protocols Erin Lewis used in your cycles at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic) and their degree of success.
So basically When I first had my consultation with Dr. Lewis I had one remaining embryo from the previous terrible facility I do used, but had not been biopsied. I had not had an HSG done at the other facility, so we did that procedure first, it was normal. Then since we do not know the quality or any information about that last embryo we transported to Dr. Lewis we did an ERA procedure which essentially measures your receptivity to implantation after a certain amount of progesterone exposure. This procedure was important to complete so that if the reason my prior transfers Hatfield were related to needing more or less progesterone transporter to be successful we would know that moving forward. Mine ended up coming back receptive on a standard day most people are which is what I had had my previous transfers at. So at that point we thought it was worth attempting to transfer the embryo, during the ERA Dr. Lewis discovered that I had pretty significant cervical stenosis and mentioned perhaps that could be another factor related to my past failed transfers. I explain to her I noticed my prior clinic physician struggling with my cervix as well and he had passed the embryos back-and-forth through the tubing during the transfer which was shocking to her. She looked back through the record and that physician had never even documented the struggle with my cervix or having done that to the embryos which disturbs me. But we decided it was worth a shot since the transfer catheter is much smaller than the ER a catheter to move forward with the embryo transfer of that last sent embryo. Unfortunately it did not work so moving forward with this IVF cycle I’m starting this week we are going to of course biopsy any hope for embryos we have but also she explained that three weeks before we transfer any frozen biopsied embryo that she wants to perform a cervical dilation procedure, which is essentially an outpatient surgery procedure . (Usually covers by insurance btw bc it’s a medical diagnosed problem) Tess eliminating that as an obstacle to the next transfer. She has made it very clear that her goal is to make this the last egg retrieval I have to go through to get as many embryos as possible and to do everything they can to make the next one successful.
Dr. Lewis interfacility use the Prelude Connect app which is freaking awesome. I had not had any resource like this in anyway at the facility I had used before. Essentially you can message the nursing staff anytime, if you do it after business hours they will get back to you as soon as the business hours return, there is a number for after hours you can call them. This app also posts all of your labs end it has a calendar that the nurses put your appointments in and medication‘s with doses and times on, which could be adjusted by them lifetime if needed which is very helpful. They have all been very compassionate and competent. Rachel I will say particularly has been one of the best nurses that I have had take care of me, I have a nurse practitioner who worked many years as a nurse (and she didn’t know that or anything) but I say that to emphasize she really does the right thing by her patients.
The clinic is excellent really. They made it very easy and timely to get my initial consult and all appointments in throughout the process. They don’t make you wait or be on any waitlist start a cycle they prioritize you and fit you in and are seemingly very dedicated to working around and for their patients. Their online website/prelude app makes it extremely easy to communicate through messaging with the nursing staff, financial staff, appointment coordinators etc. to arrange whatever you may need or ask whatever questions you may have. When I have had an appointment I have never had to wait longer than five minutes in their lobby. The facility itself is very clean, up-to-date and functional. Staff that draws your blood the ultrasound techs in the front desk have all been kind and considerate and made it very comfortable for somebody like me and it’s pretty quiet and nervous about being in the situation and I appreciate it endlessly.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic).
They have always made it very easy for me to schedule monitoring appointments and been flexible; even if I’ve had to request a time change the day before.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Erin Lewis at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic).
So for the whole IVF cycle with retrieval it was approx 14,500. The frozen transfer is approx 4600 for everything. The only things that those cost at not include were medication‘s or embryo biopsy. The financial staff provided me with multiple resources for financing, which I ended up using “future families” and shot out to them for being an amazing financing company specific for IVF loans.
Describe Erin Lewis's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic).
Of course there are a lot of factors that physicians consider for the situation of single versus multiple embryo transfer. For my age being 30 next month, assuming that the embryos we hopefully get our good quality Dr. Lewis explained that her recommendation is to transfer one healthy embryo at that point. She explained all of the science behind that recommendation as well. However since I have had three transfers that I failed up until this point, she did verbalize to me that if we really wanted to transfer two embryos when the time comes she would be willing to do that.
Erin Lewis

2013 - 2019, Successful
Be prepared to wait for your initial appointment, but he [Dr. Toledo] is worth the wait...suspected that we were getting "bad eggs" (resulting in the chemical pregnancies), and he therefore recommended pre-implantation genetic screening to screen for embryos with abnormal numbers of chromosomes. He also suggested ICSI to directly inject the sperm into the egg. We did our first and only retrieval in November 2013, and came away with 9 eggs, 8 fertilized, and 7 made it to day 5, at which point they froze and biopsied all of them for genetic screening.
Megan and Lisa were my primary nurses during my IUIs, egg retrieval, and first transfer [at RBA]. They were both wonderful and responded to all of my emails quickly... For IVF, we used a financing plan that totaled approximately $22,000, but included 3 fresh cycles and 3 frozen cycles (and the benefit stops after a successful pregnancy). We only ended up needing one of each, so we probably overpaid...The parking is also kind of expensive, so I would recommend carpooling with your significant other for appointments so you don't have to pay two parking fees.
How was your experience with Andrew Toledo at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic)?
Dr. Toledo has a wonderful bedside manner. He is friendly and personable and has been doing this a long time. It takes a long time to get into see him, but there's a reason for it. You won't be sad you waited an extra few weeks. Some of his explanations are technical, but for the most part, he explains things in terms non-medical people can understand. He will take as much time as he needs with patients for consultations - I think those are booked in one hour blocks, just so he doesn't have to get to another patient. I think we spent one hour with him in our initial consult (not including exams, bloodwork, and meeting with the nurses before and after). He answers questions patiently and is happy to take follow up calls. Once we had decided to go forward with IVF, I had questions about the drugs and injections I was prescribed, and I was able to get on the phone with him personally within a couple of days to get answers from him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andrew Toledo at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic)?
Be prepared to wait for your initial appointment, but he is worth the wait. And have a list of questions ready to go and be prepared to take notes.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andrew Toledo at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic)?
Dr. Toledo is the most kind and caring doctor I've ever had. He has a wonderful bedside manner. Every time we have been back to see him, he remembers us, our kids, and things we like to do. When we did our egg retrieval, we got fewer eggs than we expected, and he let me cry on his shoulder when I found out.
Describe the protocols Andrew Toledo used in your cycles at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic) and their degree of success.
We started with IUI on Femara. (I had been prescribed Clomid and timed intercourse with my OB/GYN but that had not worked, so we moved onto Femara.) Each IUI cycle also included a trigger shot 12 hours before the first insemination, and then 24 hours, there was a second insemination. The first IUI cycle was negative, so they changed the timing of my progesterone. The second attempted IUI did not make it to insemination because I did not get any follicles, so they reversed on the progesterone timing. The second and third IUI were identical in terms of medications, and both resulted in chemical pregnancies. My beta with the second IUI stalled at just below 50, and the beta with the third IUI barely made it above 10. Dr. Toledo did give us the option after the second failed IUI to start IVF, but we elected to try one more. After the third failed IUI, we were told our best option was to proceed with IVF. We had a whole lot of bloodwork done (on both me and my husband) and a meeting with a genetic counselor. Dr. Toledo suspected that we were getting "bad eggs" (resulting in the chemical pregnancies), and he therefore recommended pre-implantation genetic screening to screen for embryos with abnormal numbers of chromosomes. He also suggested ICSI to directly inject the sperm into the egg. We did our first and only retrieval in November 2013, and came away with 9 eggs, 8 fertilized, and 7 made it to day 5, at which point they froze and biopsied all of them for genetic screening. I was on Bravelle and Menopur at the lowest doses recommended (I believe 2 injections of each, each day) because I have PCOS and they were worried about overstimulating. We then stopped the medication since we would be doing a fresh transfer. We ended up with 4 genetically normal embryos, and planned to transfer one of them in January. For the transfer, I was placed on birth control to level off my hormones and then put on estrogen (patches) and progesterone (suppositories) on the first day of the transfer cycle, which I was on till the pregnancy reached 12 weeks. (They will normally wean you off these starting at 8 weeks when the placenta has taken over, but I was traveling around week 10 and was being extra cautious, so they let me stay on it till 12 weeks, when I started seeing my regular OB/GYN). The transfer took place on day 20 of my cycle, and Dr. Toledo did the transfer himself. We got a positive pregnancy test, and that baby is now almost 4.5 years old. Dr. Toledo also did an "uterine scratch test" at the beginning of the cycle, which has shown increased pregnancy rates. We did a second frozen transfer in October 2016 with the same protocol and steps as our first frozen transfer, but Dr. Toledo did do an HSG test to make sure my uterus was still in good shape (no fibroids, cysts, etc.) It was all clear, and one of his colleagues did the second transfer. That baby is now 1.5.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic). (Assigned nurse: Megan, Lisa, and Krista)
Megan and Lisa were my primary nurses during my IUIs, egg retrieval, and first transfer. They were both wonderful and responded to all of my emails quickly. I did not have as much interaction with Krista because I treated there for a relatively short period of time with my second transfer (Megan and Lisa had both left by then), but she was always kind, called promptly with lab results, and answered emails quickly too.
Dr. Toledo's assistant - Melissa - is amazing and returns calls quickly. The front office staff, particularly Mary Ellen, is a delight and calls you by name when she sees you come in. They do have a policy that no children are allowed, which I appreciated as a patient before we had our girls and respected as a patient who has had two successful pregnancies. If you are bringing in new babies to meet Dr. Toledo, they ask you to wait across the elevator bank, just so you do not upset couples who have not yet had successful pregnancies. The only complaint I had about the clinic was their financial/accounting people. They often tried to bill us for things we hadn't had done, and one lady was particularly insensitive when I had to check out after I'd found out we wouldn't be able to go forward with the second planned IUI. The parking is also kind of expensive, so I would recommend carpooling with your significant other for appointments so you don't have to pay two parking fees.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrew Toledo at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic).
The IUIs cost around $1500 ($500 per insemination, plus ultrasound monitoring and meds). For IVF, we used a financing plan that totaled approximately $22,000, but included 3 fresh cycles and 3 frozen cycles (and the benefit stops after a successful pregnancy). We only ended up needing one of each, so we probably overpaid. We were told when we went back for our second transfer that they had changed the program such that we could have used the funds leftover after our first successful transfer to put toward the second transfer. Medications for the egg retrieval were probably in the neighborhood of $4,000 to $5,000, most of it being out of pocket. My husband changed insurance plans for our second transfer, which had an allowance for fertility coverage, and it cost us approximately $600 or $700 out of pocket (including meds) . I think the frozen transfer without insurance would have been around $3000.
Describe Andrew Toledo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic).
Dr. Toledo was strongly in favor of a single embryo transfer - I was 31 and 34 at the time of both my transfers - and he did not see a reason to consider a multiple embryo transfer at my age. Given our circumstances, we also had a very good chance of one working (and those odds only increased with two), and he reminded us that twins is twice the cost at the same time (two daycare payments, two college tuitions, two of all the baby gear, etc.).

2022 - 2023, Unsuccessful
LGBTQ+
Dr. Toledo is so nice and such a confident doctor...was just told I was too fat to get pregnant even though I had gotten pregnant but suffered a miscarriage...used letrozole and a trigger shot on two cycles and on the second I got pregnant...umped up the dosage and added progesterone to aid in implantation. It just didn’t work for those 4 times
[RBA's] billing team is horrible to work with, and instead of paying for what you are getting per treatment it is a flat fee for everything even if you don’t do everything it covers...have to stay on top of nursing to make sure you get the correct medication, and getting the correct testing for your treatment plan.
Dr. Toledo is so nice and such a confident doctor. I do wish we spoke about more ways I could help myself like supplements and more to help me along my journey. A lot of it was me doing research on my own and when I brought it up he would then agree. In the end I was just told I was too fat to get pregnant even though I had gotten pregnant but suffered a miscarriage. It’s very frustrating, but I do like him I’d just like more from him
Do your own research and ask ALOT of questions at the consultation
During many of the times it was just the doctor on call, and even when I asked about my doctor they would automatically tell me no you just have to use whoever is on calls. There was once I found out he was actually available and after my miscarriage it was upsetting that no one understood. Also there were a lot of new people on staff in 2023 and there was always a mix up
We used letrozole and a trigger shot on two cycles and on the second I got pregnant. When I tried again after miscarrying it looked like I wasn’t ovulating. He bumped up the dosage and added progesterone to aid in implantation. It just didn’t work for those 4 times
Some of the main nursing staff was very knowledgeable and nice. Often with newer nurses joining things for mixed up and the care was as good
The clinic’s billing team is horrible to work with, and instead of paying for what you are getting per treatment it is a flat fee for everything even if you don’t do everything it covers. The money doesn’t roll over and you don’t get a refund. You have to stay on top of nursing to make sure you get the correct medication, and getting the correct testing for your treatment plan.
$2500 each cycle for IUI
I’ve had where they told me Dr Toledo would do the procedure and it wasn’t him, a nurse put in the wrong prescription and it’s timed. I also would try to check online for test results they weren’t there so I’d have to call and a few times they couldn’t find them

2022 - 2023, Consult
I have never met her [Dr. Erin Lewis] in person only on video twice and a phone call. She is nice tries to explain things. Just needs like 3 confirmations to move forward. We were not really told our options because we thought we knew what we wanted before seeing her. A lot of the stuff I have a problem with is her unpreparedness because of a lack of communication from the clinic. If she was getting the info before seeing me I think she would be great.
Its hard to get a responce from the [RBA] office. You never really know what your next step is. And the finacial people cannot tell you hardly anything. You are better off asking for the codes for everything you might need and calling your insuramce directly to see whats covered...The pre screen staff were very nice and the blood work ladies are funny. Havent talked to any actual nursing staff except through messages and they are kinda choppy
I am still early in the processes. I have never met her in person only on video twice and a phone call. She is nice tries to explain things. Just needs like 3 confirmations to move forward. We were not really told our options because we thought we knew what we wanted before seeing her. A lot of the stuff I have a problem with is her unpreparedness because of a lack of communication from the clinic. If she was getting the info before seeing me I think she would be great.
Dont be in a rush. The reply time is longer than you want it to be.
Its hard to get a responce from the office. You never really know what your next step is. And the finacial people cannot tell you hardly anything. You are better off asking for the codes for everything you might need and calling your insuramce directly to see whats covered.
Not there yet
They do not like to answer the phone. They do not like to call back. They do not give you the prices of services until you are about to do it. The finacial group shares very little and does not give you an accurate picture of what you will be paying.
Aetna PPO Blood work 1 $90 Blook work 2 $90 Sonohystogram $226 IVF wPGA $5,400 (havent done) Meds 4,500-7000 (havent done)
I have had appointments scheduled at the wrong location and had to correct them. I have had bloodwork that was suppose to be drawn and was scheduled but not prescibed until after I was there. I have had paperwork with missing and conflicting information on it that I had to point out. Whenever I call noone ever answers the phone.
Erin Lewis

2022, Unsuccessful
I was intrigued by him [Dr. Shapiro] in the initial consult, which ended up being my only interaction with him. He was very knowledgeable and even though I'm a nurse, endocrine has never been something I've completely understood, he was able to break down concepts in a way I understand more easily...I was "diagnosed" during my consultation based on lab work my GYN had completed and symptoms. When my spouse and I completed the additional workup/diagnostic tools, prior to having results communicated I was asked to pay for treatment that was pre-planned like part of a standard treatment protocol...
The clinic [RBA] is very clean, updated, and the front office staff was very friendly. The parking situation and finding the office is a little confusing, it might be beneficial to have some details on the website to review prior to going...They were prompt to respond to messages in the portal. However, when I asked for my results on different occasions I was told that "no news is good news" and that I needed financial clearance prior to a nurse call...
How was your experience with Daniel Shapiro at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic)?
I was intrigued by him in the initial consult, which ended up being my only interaction with him. He was very knowledgeable and even though I'm a nurse, endocrine has never been something I've completely understood, he was able to break down concepts in a way I understand more easily.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Shapiro at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic)?
If you just want treatments to be completed and not need to understand why your body is not able to conceive a baby naturally, go for it and have your checkbook ready.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Shapiro at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic)?
Describe the protocols Daniel Shapiro used in your cycles at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic) and their degree of success.
I was initially started on metformin to help with insulin resistance as he said I had PCOS since I had abnormal cycles. He planned to do letrozole and HCG with IUI. He said he chose letrozole because when choosing an oral medication to aid in ovulation, it has less side effects.
The clinic is very clean, updated, and the front office staff was very friendly. The parking situation and finding the office is a little confusing, it might be beneficial to have some details on the website to review prior to going.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Shapiro at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic).
IUI package is $2500; Timed Intercourse is $1900. The idea of the "packages" is a fairly new concept for them as they varied from the individual prices I was given in August for the tests/labs and I was told about the packages in November/December.
Daniel Shapiro

2022, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Toledo] has a caring and warm personality and makes you feel well taken care of while under his care. He was available and thorough when studying past histories of my husband and me. We felt like he had been treating us for years from the initial consultation...antagonist IVF cycle...he explained to us that his recommendation would be to transfer multiple embryos if the first round is unsuccessful (as a secondary option). But, he also mentioned that the choice is completely ours to make....
The nursing staff [at RBA] is always very responsive. They have always responded to me the same day I have sent in messages. The nurses that I have spoken to on the phone have always been compassionate and caring...would recommend that they invest in a different patient portal system. The one that they currently use is not very user friendly and seems to be a bit unorganized. The messaging system is a one way messaging, and if communication is going back and forth, I think an upgrade is due. But other than that, the clinic does a fantastic job...
Doctor Toledo has a passion for caring for his patients. He has a caring and warm personality and makes you feel well taken care of while under his care. He was available and thorough when studying past histories of my husband and me. We felt like he had been treating us for years from the initial consultation. After meeting with him, we had a renewed sense of hope to conceive after facing years of challenges with infertility.
I do not have a piece of advice specific to Dr.Toledo himself... But the patient portal that they use does not have a feature to reply to messages. It is basically a one way messaging portal. So, anytime I need to respond to messages, I have to create a new message and tag it in the subject line as "replying to:(name)" because it begins a new thread. This can create a barrier in communicating between doctors/nurses and patients. Using a patient portal that allows two way messaging could potentially make communication more clear.
During our initial consultation with Dr.Toledo, we felt like he had been treating us for years. He took the time to really study our histories and we felt comfortable discussing our backgrounds with him. He was very open and warm spirited when getting to know us (even though we felt like he already knew us).
My treatment with Dr.Toledo is an antagonist IVF cycle. I am in the process of being prescribed 3 injections for about a 1.5-2 weeks. One injection is to stimulate the ovaries, another injection is for preventing premature release of the eggs, and the third is a trigger shot to release the follicles at the right time so that they may be retrieved. We plan to fertilize the retrieved eggs and freeze. When it is time, we will do a frozen embryo transfer and I will be administered medications to help create the optimum uterine conditions for the transfer.
The nursing staff is always very responsive. They have always responded to me the same day I have sent in messages. The nurses that I have spoken to on the phone have always been compassionate and caring. When things got stressful and overwhelming, their helpful manner was encouraging.
Strengths: The nursing staff is very caring which will make the clinic as a whole stand out in a very good way. The doctors are like no other. After years under the care of my gyno trying to help us conceive, the doctors at RBA clinic are amazing with knowledge, patient care, and treatment planning. Weaknesses: I think I would recommend that they invest in a different patient portal system. The one that they currently use is not very user friendly and seems to be a bit unorganized. The messaging system is a one way messaging, and if communication is going back and forth, I think an upgrade is due. But other than that, the clinic does a fantastic job!
There were several options explained to us about the costs of IVF. Our financial consultant explained pricing with all of the options that we could choose from. It was all about what worked best for us. My husband and I liked the Bundl deals that were presented to us, and we actually ended up doing the level 2 one which included 2 retrievals and several transfers within a 36 month time frame. Because we chose the option for a 100% money back guarantee with Bundl, our total costs were $30,900.00. This plan is basically insurance for money back, multiple retrievals and transfers (if needed).
Absolutely. Dr.T did not tell us that we could NOT transfer multiple embryos, but he did educate us on the chances of the embryos splitting. The odds are higher of them splitting to create twins when you undergo IVF. So he explained to us that his recommendation would be to transfer multiple embryos if the first round is unsuccessful (as a secondary option). But, he also mentioned that the choice is completely ours to make.
This is not necessarily a complaint for the clinic because I do not believe the fault was theirs... But my labs were lost for our prescreen bloodwork. I truly believe that LabCorp sent our samples to the wrong location of RBA. It was actually my clinic who did the work to hunt them down and locate them.

2020 - 2022, Successful
LGBTQ+
Dr. Rubin is an amazing doctor and makes me feel comfortable and she makes me feel like I matter. From the first time I sat in her office she has always made me feel welcomed and safe. She was very supportive during each cycle even the one positive pregnancy I had that ended in death. I recommend Dr. Rubin to all my friends...If you want to feel safe and feel like you matter Dr. Rubin should be your doctor.
RBA’s strengths focus on ensuring the patient is aware of what procedure will happen, how it will happen, and follow up is great. The financial office is not as informative about what is owed. I may come in for one cycle and do the ultrasound and not be charged and the next cycle I am asked for payment. It can become confusing. I’m not sure if I had a credit or what...The clinical team is very responsive and informative. Always professional and available to answer questions.
Dr. Rubin truly cares about her patients. After the passing of my son who was born 8/9/21 and passed the next day 8/10/21 she has been very empathetic and very supportive on trying to get me to a successful pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic). (Assigned nurse: Callie )
IUI in 2021 was about $350 and I can’t remember how much ultrasound was IUI in 2022 is about $475 and I paid $215 for ultrasound Storage is $200
I was told when insurance was verified that my insurance would cover the IVF and when it came time to start a cycle I was told different information. I was prepared to pay the discussed amount of almost $6000 but once I received that news it was disappointing and I did t have $20,000 to pay.
Jessica Rubin

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Best was always excited about the next steps in my treatment even when it wasn't what we expected...She reviewed my chart carefully as well as listened to my experiences from my previous clinic and miscarriages. She used that information to make sure my next transfer would be successful...Dr. Best's approach was eSet, however, with my age and previous miscarriages I requested two embryo transfers. She agreed.
Multiple locations [RBA] and early morning appointments were great. The staff was friendly. All the various techs from blood taking to ultrasounds to the front desk were great. The primary location was busy but they keep things moving at a good pace...A few times I had to call billings to make sure my claim was submitted but they were very responsive...[nurses were] Very responsive and answered any questions I had or took my questions back to Dr. Best. They would call or email with the answer....
How was your experience with Monica Best at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic)?
Dr. Best was always excited about the next steps in my treatment even when it wasn't what we expected. She treated you like a real person and never was I afraid to ask questions. She reviewed my chart carefully as well as listened to my experiences from my previous clinic and miscarriages. She used that information to make sure my next transfer would be successful.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Monica Best at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic)?
Come prepared with all your questions. She will answer them or get back to you with those answered. She listens well to everything you ask and even comments you make about your concerns.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Monica Best at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic)?
Dr. Best always remembered my name and the treatment plan she had set. Always checked on my care and never made me feel like I was not part of the plan.
Describe the protocols Monica Best used in your cycles at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic) and their degree of success.
I had three surgeries to remove adhesions, however, it was worth it. Dr. Best suggested a natural cycle as I would get pregnant on my own but would miscarry. The protocol was baby aspirin, Lovenox, estrogen, and PIO (both injections and pills).
Dr. Best's nurses were the best. Always were kind and understood the plan Dr. Best had outlined. Very responsive and answered any questions I had or took my questions back to Dr. Best. They would call or email with the answer.
Multiple locations and early morning appointments were great. The staff was friendly. All the various techs from blood taking to ultrasounds to the front desk were great. The primary location was busy but they keep things moving at a good pace.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Monica Best at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic).
My insurance covered most of the care and my co-pays were very reasonable. A few times I had to call billings to make sure my claim was submitted but they were very responsive.
Describe Monica Best's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Biology Associates - Atlanta (Prelude Network Clinic).
Monica Best