7.3

Clearfield, UT 84015
Sandy
10150 Petunia Way
Sandy, UT 84092

Dr Swelstad is a very knowledgeable doctor. He really knew what he was talking about. He talked in a very clinical way and I understood all he was saying because I have a medical background, however it was hard for my husband to follow everything he was saying. He was not very compassionate. More just to the point about treatment.... He was very scientific and too the point and somtimes lacked that human side of things.
The clinic [Reproductive Care Center] never called or updated my online chart with some results I was waiting for. I had to call multiple times and leave messages to finally receive them. They were never added to my online chart. When I switched clinics I filled out the form to have them send my medical chart to the other clinic. They never did. I called them twice and they still never got it sent.
How was your experience with Brad Swelstad at Reproductive Care Center (Boston IVF Network Clinic)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brad Swelstad at Reproductive Care Center (Boston IVF Network Clinic)?
If going to Dr Swelstad just know that he is very straight to the point and not overly compassionate.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brad Swelstad at Reproductive Care Center (Boston IVF Network Clinic)?
I never really spent much time with the doctor after our initial consult. He was very scientific and too the point and somtimes lacked that human side of things.
Describe the protocols Brad Swelstad used in your cycles at Reproductive Care Center (Boston IVF Network Clinic) and their degree of success.
We were only under Dr Swelstad's care for a few months. He ran a few blood tests on myself and a sperm analysis on my husband. He dismissed some of my concerns about pelvic pain and other cyclical symptoms. My next fertility doctor dug a little deeper and found that I had endometriosis. He also told us that my husbands sperm analysis was great even though his morphology was low. He told us that should matter because he had a high enough count. After switching doctors we have found out that the low morphology could be a major cause of our infertility. Dr. Swelstad performed an HSG in which everything appeared to be clear. He then had me take Femara for 3 months since my OB had me on Clomid for 3 months previously and it was not successful. None of the cycles with Dr. Swelstad were successful and we left with an Unexplained diagnosis.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Care Center (Boston IVF Network Clinic).
The nursing team was very compassionate and nice. It was really hard to get a hold of them and they didn't always call back unless I left multiple messages.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Care Center (Boston IVF Network Clinic).
The clinic was nice. It was a small clinic, but was warm and inviting.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brad Swelstad at Reproductive Care Center (Boston IVF Network Clinic).
I had costs related to mostly the office visits and blood work. The most substantial cost was for the HSG.
Describe Brad Swelstad's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Care Center (Boston IVF Network Clinic).
This was not applicable for us.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Care Center (Boston IVF Network Clinic)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Care Center (Boston IVF Network Clinic).
The clinic never called or updated my online chart with some results I was waiting for. I had to call multiple times and leave messages to finally receive them. They were never added to my online chart. When I switched clinics I filled out the form to have them send my medical chart to the other clinic. They never did. I called them twice and they still never got it sent.

2016 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Gilliland was an absolute God sent. He helped us grow our family when other doctors had given up. When we first meet with dr he suggested we do an "exploratory sugerey." He was able to figure out exactly what was wrong and the best way to trat my infertility...I wasn't a good candidate for a multiple embryo transfer. Dr Gilliland explained the pros and cons and together we made the best choice.
Overall the [Reproductive Care Center] clinic is great! I felt loved, cared for and valued. My only complaint is there trying to get ahold of billing. I hated leaving a message but she will rarely answer. It can be frustrating but I would still use/recommend the clinic...The nurses were absolutely amazing. Easy to communicate with, prompt, knowledgeable and informative.
How was your experience with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center (Boston IVF Network Clinic)?
Dr. Gilliland was an absolute God sent. He helped us grow our family when other doctors had given up. When we first meet with dr he suggested we do an "exploratory sugerey." He was able to figure out exactly what was wrong and the best way to trat my infertility. He cried with us, hugged us and even prayed with us. His love and compassion didn't go unnoticed. He was very knowledgeable and informative about every test, procedure & medicine.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center (Boston IVF Network Clinic)?
Just go to him. He will know what the best options & treatments will be. He's understand and very compassionate.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center (Boston IVF Network Clinic)?
I never felt like a number. I felt like I received the same compassion and love Dr. Gilliland would have given to his own daughter.
Describe the protocols John Gililland used in your cycles at Reproductive Care Center (Boston IVF Network Clinic) and their degree of success.
Dr Gilliland preformed an exploraty sugerey of my utres. He cleaned out polyps and discovered a blocked tub. From there he suggested we do ivf. We did one round of ivf and was able to retrieve 39 eggs. We then transfered a 5 day old embryo and froze the rest.
Overall the clinic is great! I felt loved, cared for and valued. My only complaint is there trying to get ahold of billing. I hated leaving a message but she will rarely answer. It can be frustrating but I would still use/recommend the clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Gililland at Reproductive Care Center (Boston IVF Network Clinic).
Around 20k for our egg retrieval and transfer.
Describe John Gililland's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Care Center (Boston IVF Network Clinic).

2019, Consult
He [Dr. John Gililland] was very good at explaining why we will probably do another round of IUI even though we have done 5, and why he feels like that is the best next course of action. He explained how we would do things differently and with FSH injections to make sure we are getting mature eggs before spending the money on IVF.... I have only seen him for a consult so far, but I feel like he was very kind, understanding, and willing to work hard to get things working. However I did feel that because my next step was surgery I wasn't sure when we would begin the next steps in treatment.
The clinic [Reproductive Care Center- Clearfield] is very nice and clean, it is not too difficult to get appointments, although I have to wait about 5-6weeks for my consult with Dr. Gililland. They were great to send me results and anything else I needed.. My consult was billed for about $200, we paid about $50. We were told monitored IUI with FSH injections would be about $1600. And a cycle of IVF would be about $8000 plus medication.
Ask your questions and just make sure that you understand what to do next.
He is very kind and willing to listen. He really makes you feel like you are a team working together to figure this out.
He was very good at explaining why we will probably do another round of IUI even though we have done 5, and why he feels like that is the best next course of action. He explained how we would do things differently and with FSH injections to make sure we are getting mature eggs before spending the money on IVF.
I haven't worked much with the nursing staff yet, but they seem to be very willing to answer questions and work with you in the ways that you need.
The clinic is very nice and clean, it is not too difficult to get appointments, although I have to wait about 5-6weeks for my consult with Dr. Gililland. They were great to send me results and anything else I needed.
Clearfield

Dr G [Gililland] is so kind! He genuinely wants things to work out for you. I have wondered with him though if we have tried everything we can or done every test needed before suggesting ivf. When the nurses have questions or when I have questions for home he always takes the time to talk to me and answer my questions....We did 3 iui’s because I have unexplained infertility... We did try injections along with iui to get more eggs
Short waiting time which is very nice. I always get a call back when I leave a message. They [RRC- Clearfiled] have been paitient will all my questions. You know they care. They can always fit me in when I need an emergency appointment. Open on holidays and weekends for emergencies.... Lots of the nurses there have personally gone through infertility so they know how to relate and they know how hard it really is. They are very thorough and answer any question i have.
Dr G is so kind! He genuinely wants things to work out for you. I have wondered with him though if we have tried everything we can or done every test needed before suggesting ivf. When the nurses have questions or when I have questions for home he always takes the time to talk to me and answer my questions.
Write down questions before your appointments so you know what to ask when you are there. I would think of things before appointments and forget to ask while there.
The nurses always made me feel important even though they deal with people who have the same problem as me all day!
We did 3 iui’s because I have unexplained infertility he thought that would be a good starting point. We did try injections along with iui to get more eggs. No successful iuis
Lots of the nurses there have personally gone through infertility so they know how to relate and they know how hard it really is. They are very thorough and answer any question i have. They also make sure I understand what is happening before any procedure.
Short waiting time which is very nice. I always get a call back when I leave a message. They have been paitient will all my questions. You know they care. They can always fit me in when I need an emergency appointment. Open on holidays and weekends for emergencies.
About $500 per iui with medications $75 per office visit copay
Clearfield

Bedside manner left MUCH to be desired [with Dr. John Gililland]...He is intelligent where actual facts of fertility are concerned but any actual dealing with a human being was a poor experience. I left him after only being with him a short time because I couldn't stomach having my most heartbreaking experiences with a doctor with his bedside manner...Be prepared for a guy who gets down to business but who doesn't really let you know what that business is.
We literally waited about an hour in the waiting room (so an hour after our appt time) before we were actually called back for our appt [at Reproductive Care Center]...It's fairly small - I liked the intimate feel. They need some work on their communication. Would only occasionally get calls back to voicemails. Only answered their phones 50% of the time (maybe) and with time sensitive information that can be a make it or break it situation.
Bedside manner left MUCH to be desired. He was new to our clinic when we first arrived and you could tell the staff even knew he had horrible bedside manner because before my procedure they had to give me a disclaimer on it.
They were the highlight of the clinic. If I could only have seen them I wouldn't have left. They were difficult to contact - didn't always answer the phone but they were so compassionate and patient.
It's fairly small - I liked the intimate feel. They need some work on their communication. Would only occasionally get calls back to voicemails. Only answered their phones 50% of the time (maybe) and with time sensitive information that can be a make it or break it situation. We literally waited about an hour in the waiting room (so an hour after our appt time) before we were actually called back for our appt. Every. Dang. Appt.
Clearfield
My experience with Dr.Gililland has been great. He is genuine and cares about you and wants to figure out the problem. He is very professional and compassionate. With my 4th miscarriage in a row in under a year and a half, Dr. Gilliland took the time and got me in immediately to confirm the miscarriage and discuss the next step. He was genuinely upset that I had miscarried and wanted to help and comfort me.
All the nurses [at Reproductive Care Center] are great they all care and want to help. And are quick to return your calls.... I wish they were open on weekends in the Clearfield office. Their front desk staff is great and their billing coordinator is easy to work with.... Well I have unexplained infertility and recurrent miscarriage. Dr. Gililland has exhausted every Avenue possible to figure out why I keep miscarriage. Unfortunately all those tests have not given us any answers. I have been on femara and injectables and have done 1 iui which resulted in a miscarriage at 8 weeks. Out next step is ivf with genetic testing of the embryos.
To go see him ASAP. He is the best and wants to make a difference and help you get your forever family.
Dr.Gilliand is amazing! He is definitely involved with your situation and genuinely cares. He makes every effort to figure out what is going on and how to help you.
All the nurses are great they all care and want to help. And are quick to return your calls.
I don't know off hand.
Clearfield
He [Dr. John Gililland] was amazing added something to my rotine last minute that really mad a difference . He also was very understanding and went over all options. He added hgh last minute and tgen helped track it down for me to start the next day. He was very nice and friendly anf thorough... Had tests ran & found no problems do proceeded with invitro. I did shots each day and also they added in hgh and I produced 13 eggs. I also did acupuncture with it. Had the retrieval and did icsi and two eggs made it to day five. Had the transfer and had acupuncture before and after the transfer that day. I tested high and was pregnant with twins. Did progesterone cream the first few months
They [Reproductive Care Center-Clearfield] are so caring and really want to help you! They look and run all tests then evaluate. They give you all the options. Then they work together as a team to adjust and revise your treatments depending on how its going.... We did the 4 fresh cycle option. You can try up to 4 fresh until you get pregnant. We got pregnant the first try.
He was amazing added something to my rotine last minute that really mad a difference . He also was very understanding and went over all options. He added hgh last minute and tgen helped track it down for me to start the next day. He was very nice and friendly anf thorough.
He really cared and updated my treatment each day and last minute to do the best for me
Had tests ran & found no problems do proceeded with invitro. I did shots each day and also they added in hgh and I produced 13 eggs. I also did acupuncture with it. Had the retrieval and did icsi and two eggs made it to day five. Had the transfer and had acupuncture before and after the transfer that day. I tested high and was pregnant with twins. Did progesterone cream the first few months.
I just loved all of them! I saw many nurses at the clearfield and sandy locations and they were all so happy for me when we got our twins
They are so caring and really want to help you! They look and run all tests then evaluate. They give you all the options. Then they work together as a team to adjust and revise your treatments depending on how its going.
They asked if i wanted to transfer 2 since we had been 14 years of trying and then said we might get twins . We said that would be great!

2014, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Brad Swelstad] was very kind. I just felt like I was a number, in that he didn’t remember certain things about my previous treatments/appointments. He tried a few different treatments and none worked, and encouraged to try IVF when I felt ready. I just felt like there was other things he could have tried/could’ve dug a little deeper.... Femara treatment for several cycles along with IUIs - I had unexplained infertility, so there was no rationale for trying these treatments-just kind of a shot in the dark. No results came of these treatments/cycles. He also did an HSG to try to further diagnose.
There was one nurse [at RRC-Clearfield] who was awesome and always showed compassion. I always felt well-cared for and listened to. There was another nurse (not sure of her name) that didn’t want to come in on a weekend to do an iui, so she just told me that the IUI’s don’t work well anyway (small chance of effectiveness). It was very disheartening.
He was very kind. I just felt like I was a number, in that he didn’t remember certain things about my previous treatments/appointments. He tried a few different treatments and none worked, and encouraged to try IVF when I felt ready. I just felt like there was other things he could have tried/could’ve dug a little deeper.
Push for further investigation in your diagnosis.
There was one nurse who was awesome and always showed compassion. I always felt well-cared for and listened to. There was another nurse (not sure of her name) that didn’t want to come in on a weekend to do an iui, so she just told me that the IUI’s don’t work well anyway (small chance of effectiveness). It was very disheartening.
Their secretary was so so great! I always felt she had amazing compassion! I think the overall course of the treatment depends on the physician employed at the location. I don’t think the physician I saw works at that location anymore.
IUI for the first time was $500ish-which included a sperm test. IUI $350 ish Any ultrasounds $200

2013, Unknown Success
Dr Swelstad took the time to get to know me and my husband, personally as well as professionally. He took the time to explain our diagnosis and what treatment would look like. He always had charts and stats on hand to help us understand in better detail....Suggested that we not try another IUI since my husband’s morphology was low. We likely would need to do ICSI with IVF.... He does talk a lot, but he'll make sure you understand everything :)
It’s a nice calming building. The staff [Reproductive Care Center] are friendly and they answer your questions in a timely manner. Dr Swelstad was very nice and personable. I really like the Layton clinic, didn’t feel like a number there. They don’t do the actual embryo transfers at this one though.... I didn’t see very many nurses here. But they emailed me back pretty quickly if I had a question. Phone calls, they usually called the next day.
He does talk a lot, but he'll make sure you understand everything :)
He took the time to get to know me and my husband, on a personal level. He took the time to explain our diagnosis and the plan.
It’s a nice calming building. The staff are friendly and they answer your questions in a timely manner. Dr Swelstad was very nice and personable. I really like the Layton clinic, didn’t feel like a number there. They don’t do the actual embryo transfers at this one though.
Our consultation was free. Didn’t do anything more. They did go through finances for IVF though.
Educated us on single transfer vs multiples. Suggested that one would be best.
My new clinic requested that all documents to be sent to them. (After I signed the paperwork). They didn’t send the embryo report. So I had to request them again specifically.

2019, Consult
He [Dr. James Heiner] has a ton of experience and has been very thorough with us. In our consultation it was clear that he had spent a great amount of time going over mine and my husband’s medical history...Make sure that you have all of your medical records sent over for him to review before your consultation...The doctor and his staff have been extremely caring and they do a great job with communication...
The nursing staff [at Reproductive Care Center] have been so compassionate! They are very knowledgeable. They walk you through each procedure and test step by step and will tell you what is next...They are very accommodating. They return phone calls in a very timely manner. One thing that would be nice is if after the consult they had you meet with the billing coordinator. It would be nice to be able to go over what is billed to insurance and what isn’t up front...
How was your experience with James Heiner (deceased) at Reproductive Care Center (Boston IVF Network Clinic)?
He has a ton of experience and has been very thorough with us. In our consultation it was clear that he had spent a great amount of time going over mine and my husband’s medical history. We are just going through all of the testing right now and will meet with him in the next week or so to go over the results and come up with a treatment plan.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of James Heiner (deceased) at Reproductive Care Center (Boston IVF Network Clinic)?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with James Heiner (deceased) at Reproductive Care Center (Boston IVF Network Clinic)?
Describe the protocols James Heiner (deceased) used in your cycles at Reproductive Care Center (Boston IVF Network Clinic) and their degree of success.
We are just starting this process.
The nursing staff have been so compassionate! They are very knowledgeable. They walk you through each procedure and test step by step and will tell you what is next.
Clearfield

He [Dr. Gilliland] is always so sweet and kind when I have an appointment with him. He seems to really care about me and my situation....He has always treated me as a person just not a number.... He always wants me to have ultrasounds and blood work to make sure my body is doing what it is suppose to be doing. After every appointment I am able to ask him questions that I have or concerns and he will stay and answer every single one of them.
They [Reproductive Care Center] know exactly what they are doing. They have a ton of information available to me about infertility. They are the best of the best. There office is clean and inviting. They make it seem like somewhere you want to stay.... [Cost Of Treatment] It seemed very reasonable. He accepts most insurance. The staff is always willing to call and talk to insurance without me having to do anything.... They are amazing, wonderful people.
He is very kind and considerate of my situation. He has always treated me as a person just not a number. He is very knowledgeable about infertility and women’s health. He is very friendly. He understands my feelings and my husbands feelings as well.
Just trust his process. He knows exactly what he is doing.
He is always so sweet and kind when I have an appointment with him. He seems to really care about me and my situation.
They are amazing, wonderful people. They have never treated me unkindly or anything. Best nurses ever!!
They know exactly what they are doing. They have a ton of information available to me about infertility. They are the best of the best. There office is clean and inviting. They make it seem like somewhere you want to stay.
Clearfield
He [Dr. John Gililland] was very informative with everything. He met with my husband and I multiple times and made sure we received the best treatment as possible. He always greeted me with a hug and made sure I was doing well and I was responding to all procedures as expected...Go in with questions because he will answer anything you have...he adjusted my dosage amounts to better each round from the time before. I used only Gonal-f the first go round and I miscarried. The next round he added Menopur with Gonal-f and we were able to get better results with that.
I don’t have any complaints [with Reproductive Care Center]. They were great to work with and I would recommend them to anyone. The staff was so kind and organized and I enjoyed coming to see them. They always had their ducks in a row and were very prompt with their times. I rarely ever had to wait more than a couple minutes to be seen...They [nurses] are AMAZING!! Everyone feels like family there
He was very informative with everything. He met with my husband and I multiple times and made sure we received the best treatment as possible. He always greeted me with a hug and made sure I was doing well and I was responding to all procedures as expected. I HIGHLY recommend him!!!
Go in with questions because he will answer anything you have.
He was the best doctor ever. He made you feel like you were special and not just another patient. He genuinely cares about you and your success with infertility.
With each cycle, he adjusted my dosage amounts to better each round from the time before. I used only Gonal-f the first go round and I miscarried. The next round he added Menopur with Gonal-f and we were able to get better results with that.
They are AMAZING!! Everyone feels like family there
I don’t have any complaints. They were great to work with and I would recommend them to anyone. The staff was so kind and organized and I enjoyed coming to see them. They always had their ducks in a row and were very prompt with their times. I rarely ever had to wait more than a couple minutes to be seen
2015 - 2017, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. John Gililland] treated me as a human. He really want this to work out for me...He did a great job! He took his time to answer all my questions and concerns. He really wanted this to work out for me. He cared for me and didn't just treat me like a number. He could get me in to see him at the last minute when things would come up...We did IVF with him and the nurses wrote out a protocol for me. Step by step of what I need to do and each day.
We did IVF [at Reproductive Care Center]...the nurses wrote out a protocol for me. Step by step of what I need to do and each day...The nurses were hard to get a hold of. When you call the nurses line no one ever answered. I would leave a message and they would call me back later that night or the next day. Everyone is very compassionate and really wanted it to work out of me...They were great. They could answer all my questions when I would call in on the phone. They were very educated and knew what they were talking about.
Don't get your hopes up! They do their best but they can only do so much.
He treated me as a human. He really want this to work out for me.
Don't know exactly what the question is.. We did IVF with him and the nurses wrote out a protocol for me. Step by step of what I need to do and each day.
They were great. They could answer all my questions when I would call in on the phone. They were very educated and knew what they were talking about. It did take them a while to call me back when I did call in and leave a message.
Too much! Not sure on price.
He suggested we transfer one embryo especially the first transfer. I should have taken his advice. But we were really hoping for twins.
Clearfield

He [Dr. John Gililland] is a bit touchy, don't be discouraged by this it is just his way of showing compassion...Dr. Gilliland is very compassionate and caring. He always goes out of his way to make sure you feel comfortable and know exactly what your course of action will be. He called to check in on us every couple of days for a few weeks after our failed IVF cycle and genuinely cared about helping us reach our goals.
Barb [nurse at Reproductive Care Center] was great! She was always very caring and easy to talk to. She thoroughly explained everything we needed to know regarding meds and appointments. She always returned all phone calls in a timely manner...They always worked around my schedule as I had a long drive to get there...I felt the clinic was very good at communication. They always either answered the phone or returned a phone call within a couple of hours. I always felt cared for...The clinic and staff always knew us by name and greeted us warmly during both office visits and phone calls. They also always called to check in on us during and after each cycle.
He is a bit touchy, don't be discouraged by this it is just his way of showing compassion.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center (Boston IVF Network Clinic). (Assigned nurse: Barb)
Barb was great! She was always very caring and easy to talk to. She thoroughly explained everything we needed to know regarding meds and appointments. She always returned all phone calls in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Care Center (Boston IVF Network Clinic).
They always worked around my schedule as I had a long drive to get there. Appointments work quit but thorough.
Clearfield
I loved Dr. Gililland. After almost 2 years of just going to my OBGYN for fertility help with no success, I went to Dr. Gililland and was pregnant within the 1st round of treatments....He was so kind an empathetic. He never made me feel rushed or unimportant....Birth control for one month to naturally get rid of a cyst on my ovary. Injections to stimulate the ovaries as well as femara. I did a trigger shot on day 13 I believe and then came into the office on day 14 to have the IUI done.
I loved the clinic [Reproductive Care Center] and always felt valued and well cared for. The nurses were very nice and friendly and the facility was clean and accommodating...I loved Dr. Gililland. After almost 2 years of just going to my OBGYN for fertility help with no success, I went to Dr. Gililland and was pregnant within the 1st round of treatments....He was so kind an empathetic. He never made me feel rushed or unimportant
I loved Dr. Gililland. After almost 2 years of just going to my OBGYN for fertility help with no success, I went to Dr. Gililland and was pregnant within the 1st round of treatments. I loved the clinic and always felt valued and well cared for. The nurses were very nice and friendly and the facility was clean and accommodating. Dr. Gililland made me feel like I've known him forever. He was very personable.
Ask as many questions as you can. Be specific about your goals and be open with your doctor when discussing a game plan. Be patient and don't be too hard on yourself if things don't work out the exact way you planned.
He was so kind an empathetic. He never made me feel rushed or unimportant.
Clearfield
He [Dr. Swelstad] remembered our names, talked about our jobs, and our hobbies.... Strengths: knowledgeable in the treatment needed. Friendly and compassionate.... Weakness: sometimes too chatty. Always mentioned the possibility of needing a sperm donor which we were against.... When it came to medication dosage it changed day by day depending on how the body reacted.
Sometimes you had to wait a long time to get in to see the doctor even when you have an appointment. They [Reproductive Care Center- Clearfield] offer discounted cycle upgrades and different times during the cycle. They are friendly and personable.... They always called as soon as they got blood work results. Returned any phone calls promptly.... Medications $2100-3500 ICSI $1900/cycle About $17000 for 2 cycles
Strengths: knowledgeable in the treatment needed. Friendly and compassionate. During my first cycle I found out that the embryo attached in the wrong place and my body wouldn’t miscarry it. Dr. Swelstad was very concerned and took good care of me making sure that everything went well. Weakness: sometimes too chatty. Always mentioned the possibility of needing a sperm donor which we were against.
He remembered our names, talked about our jobs, and our hobbies.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center (Boston IVF Network Clinic). (Assigned nurse: Heather)
Sometimes you had to wait a long time to get in to see the doctor even when you have an appointment. They offer discounted cycle upgrades and different times during the cycle. They are friendly and personable.
Medications $2100-3500 ICSI $1900/cycle About $17000 for 2 cycles

2023, Unsuccessful
Dr. Blauer is very kind and explained treatment well. I only met him once in person and spoke to him twice over phone. This was still during Covid I felt that made it difficult. Also I live out of state so that made it hard. If I had more face to face visits with him I would have felt more comfortable and understand more about my treatments and expectations...He’s very kind and knowledgeable...doctor were very kind and understanding.
They [Reproductive Care Center] have a great knowledgeable clinic team. They are kind and compassionate. They make sure you understand and are very helpful with any questions or concerns. I would recommend billing process in person instead of through email to have a better understanding of the whole process and treatment...Treatment cost explained and due before treatment starts. Pre work up separate from treatment.
How was your experience with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center (Boston IVF Network Clinic)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center (Boston IVF Network Clinic)?
He’s very kind and knowledgeable.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center (Boston IVF Network Clinic)?
During Covid it was not a lot of face to face consultations. Also not living in the same state made it hard. Nurses and doctor were very kind and understanding.
Describe the protocols Keith Blauer used in your cycles at Reproductive Care Center (Boston IVF Network Clinic) and their degree of success.
Antagonist protocol with estrogen and testosterone to stimulate eggs. I chose less injections due to my preference. I Felt like I did well starting first treatment but was canceled due to a cyst. Second round tried again but canceled due to eggs not stimulating.
All so kind and compassionate. Great communication and made sure they have clear instructions.
They have a great knowledgeable clinic team. They are kind and compassionate. They make sure you understand and are very helpful with any questions or concerns. I would recommend billing process in person instead of through email to have a better understanding of the whole process and treatment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Keith Blauer at Reproductive Care Center (Boston IVF Network Clinic).
Gonal protocol was upped for a higher dosage I was not informed or prepared with enough medication. Had to make a 2 hour trip to get more medication as it was a weekend and local pharmacy didn’t carry medication.
Keith Blauer
Clearfield

Although most treatments under Dr. Heiner's care was with our nursing team, a big thing was we never had cancelled cycles under his care...[He] stepped in mid treatment for us, we had already our Femara plan in place. After an anovulatory month, he increased Femara. Then he also oversaw the next cycle that we added injections and gave us dosage/instructions for that.
The [Reproductive Care Center] nursing team is amazing. We have run into a few snags with billing not checking our insurance and have had trouble getting 2 IUI's covered, resulting in paying out of pocket. The front desk staff is amazing and always so willing to help get us in/answer questions they can... An IUI resulted out of pocket about $510
Although most treatments under Dr. Heiner's care was with our nursing team, a big thing was we never had cancelled cycles under his care. Since there has been a new Dr. stepping in now at our clinic, we have had 2 or 3 cancelled cycles and spent a month on birth control...
Communicates well with nursing team to continue to provide your care and continue cycles. This was huge to us as obviously this is the reason we were there!
After our first doctor left the clinic, we started to notice prescriptions called in under Dr. Heiner's name. This was really our introduction to having a new doctor, obviously we weren't thrilled as we loved the doctor we originally had a consult and started treatments with
As Dr Heiner stepped in mid treatment for us, we had already our Femara plan in place. After an anovulatory month, he increased Femara. Then he also oversaw the next cycle that we added injections and gave us dosage/instructions for that. Which ended up in a successful cycle, later resulting in a MC
We love the nursing staff at RCC. Very understanding and supportive. They root us on after every appointment, whether it be due to an upcoming IUI or timed intercourse, they give the upmost hope to everything we are faced with even after a cancelled cycle or our MC
The nursing team is amazing. We have run into a few snags with billing not checking our insurance and have had trouble getting 2 IUI's covered, resulting in paying out of pocket. The front desk staff is amazing and always so willing to help get us in/answer questions they can.
Describe the costs associated with your care under James Heiner (deceased) at Reproductive Care Center (Boston IVF Network Clinic).
I am not sure exam or scan wise. An IUI resulted out of pocket about $510 if I remember correctly
During our December cycle, it took a LOT to get our prescriptions called into insurance to be able to get them covered/shipped before the new year. After about 3-4 days I was able to get my order placed correctly with our insurance and covered before deductibles started over again

2016 - 2019, Unknown Success
[Dr. Gililland] Explained things thoroughly and made sure we understood the pros/ cons before proceeding each step...He took our concerns into account and let us set the pace while offering options for us at each appointment. Used language we could understand. Took extra time when we needed it and never made us feel rushed or like an inconvenience. Was understanding of our pain and frustration with infertility.
I really appreciated the nursing staff [at Reproductive Care Center]. They take the time to thoroughly explain things to us and answer lots of questions...They showed compassion and excitement for us and were very reassuring when we needed it...We paid for copays and prescriptions with insurance and IUI’s out of pocket. They were each around $500
Appreciated that he values our input. Explained things thoroughly and made sure we understood the pros/ cons before proceeding each step. Was very knowledgeable and helped us feel confident in our treatment. Withheld judgment and was eager to help. He took our concerns into account and let us set the pace while offering options for us at each appointment. Used language we could understand. Took extra time when we needed it and never made us feel rushed or like an inconvenience. Was understanding of our pain and frustration with infertility.
Go see him now! Don’t wait! You’ll leave feeling more hopeful then you came in!
He took time with us, listened to concerns, acknowledged our experience, and was encouraging.
We did all the diagnostic testing indicated including lab draws, MRI, Sonohystogram, ultrasounds, home OPK, home pregnancy tests, meds such as letrozole and bromocriptine, injections such as FSH and ovidrel and the protocols that come with those meds.
I really appreciated the nursing staff. They take the time to thoroughly explain things to us and answer lots of questions.
The MA’s are great but know they can only answer certain questions. They staff is very friendly and helpful and you feel that they are cheering you on. They showed compassion and excitement for us and were very reassuring when we needed it.

2020, Consult
Everyone [at Reproductive Care Center] is nice just the conversation I have had over the ph due to covid. I can not answer any further because I have not been able to go to the clinic. I am happy that they are still conducting business and consulting patients over the ph...I was treated like a human he [by Dr. Harry Hatasaka] took his time and explained everything to me the history of PCOS how certain blood test can determine if a person has PCOS...I have only been able to speak to him on the ph due to the covid-19 however they are still conducting business...Overall, the service I have received has been great...He is great and really listens to you. He gives it to you straight and gives you hope that you will be a mom.
How was your experience with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center (Boston IVF Network Clinic)?
I have only been able to speak to him on the ph due to the covid-19 however they are still conducting business. I will the opportunity to meet him when the clinic reopens. Overall, the service I have received has been great
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center (Boston IVF Network Clinic)?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Harry Hatasaka at Reproductive Care Center (Boston IVF Network Clinic)?
I was treated like a human he took his time and explained everything to me the history of PCOS how certain blood test can determine if a person has PCOS
Describe the protocols Harry Hatasaka used in your cycles at Reproductive Care Center (Boston IVF Network Clinic) and their degree of success.
I have not had any cycles yet due to covid
Have not met anyone yet due to covid
Everyone is nice just the conversation I have had over the ph due to covid. I can not answer any further because I have not been able to go to the clinic. I am happy that they are still conducting business and consulting patients over the ph
Harry Hatasaka
2019, Consult
He [Dr. James Heiner] relayed lots of statistics, not too soft and touchy feely...needs to have more compassion and explain exactly what I needed to do each cycle. I was expecting a softer and more gentle approach...I was quite frustrated after our first appointment with heiner. But I like how optimistic he is...Gonal f injections with hcg to ensure ovulation. Checking with ovulation sticks and to call when positive to make decision about next step...
I preferred the clinic [for Reproductive Care Center] in Clearfield over the one in Sandy. I liked the feel there better. And I waited 45 minutes for our first appointment. I didn't care for Dr heiner's huge corner office with his massive deSk in Sandy. I wish he had been more approachable but I loved the nursing staff...Gonal f injections with hcg to ensure ovulation. Checking with ovulation sticks and to call when positive to make decision about next step.
All about the statistics, needs to have more compassion and explain exactly what I needed to do each cycle. I was expecting a softer and more gentle approach. I had heard that the clinic was shading and helped women in these circumstances feel at ease. I was quite frustrated after our first appointment with heiner. But I like how optimistic he is.
Don't expect a touchy feely doc
He relayed lots of statistics, not too soft and touchy feely.
I preferred the clinic in Clearfield over the one in Sandy. I liked the feel there better. And I waited 45 minutes for our first appointment. I didn't care for Dr heiner's huge corner office with his massive deSk in Sandy. I wish he had been more approachable but I loved the nursing staff.
Clearfield

He’s [Dr. John Gililland] very knowledgeable and takes him time to help you personally makes phone calls and is always available for questions. He tried multiple treatments with me and was up front and honest about the entire process.... Overall it’s a good clinic [Reproductive Care Center- Clearfield], I would say that they are a little unorganized so that can be frustrating but the doctors are smart and know what they are doing. Even though my cycles failed I still was happy with my experience with the clinic and how they treated me
Overall it’s a good clinic [Reproductive Care Center- Clearfield], I would say that they are a little unorganized so that can be frustrating but the doctors are smart and know what they are doing. Even though my cycles failed I still was happy with my experience with the clinic and how they treated me... He’s [Dr. John Gililland] very knowledgeable and takes him time to help you personally makes phone calls and is always available for questions. He tried multiple treatments with me and was up front and honest about the entire process.
He’s very knowledgeable and takes him time to help you personally makes phone calls and is always available for questions. He tried multiple treatments with me and was up front and honest about the entire process.
Trust him, he knows what he is doing!
He is awesome and very sincere
Menopur paired with something else and I also took a different shot to help prevent overstimulation
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center (Boston IVF Network Clinic). (Assigned nurse: Heather )
Helpful and knowledgeable but more rushed than Dr. Gilliand
Overall it’s a good clinic, I would say that they are a little unorganized so that can be frustrating but the doctors are smart and know what they are doing. Even though my cycles failed I still was happy with my experience with the clinic and how they treated me
Nothing major, just forgot to call in a prescription
Clearfield

I was having irregular periods but he [Dr. John Gililland] diagnosed me with annovulation with no real reason to why and my husband has early testicular failure cause unknown...I felt like a human because when we where scheduled for IUI and couldn’t because of low sperm count he took us into his office and explained what was happening...He was very informative and referred us to the correct doctors. We went to see a urologist for male factor infertility and did multiple sperm analysis and blood work. Once we realized sperm count was the issue he sat us down and explained what we needed to do and didn’t go through with the IUI because he didn’t want us spending money unnecessarily
The clinic [Reproductive Care Center] has easy scheduling and is private. Everyone seems to be well informed and if they don't know the answer they refer you to someone that does. The only weakness that I experienced was that every time i tried calling the nurse to her extension she would never answer but as soon as i call the front desk they would find her for me...They [nurses] were very comforting and understanding. When we found out we couldnt do the IUI the nurse in charge of the sperm analysis was very comforting and kept me from crying being very positive.
Don’t go in with expectations about results
We initially thought about doing IUI because of cost and i took one cycle of Gonal F and a trigger shot. Like i mentioned before where unable to complete do to the fact that my husbands sperm count was too low. I tried with my gynecologist initially three rounds of clomid which weren't successful later come to find it was because my husbands sperm count was low. We also checked my tubes for blockage which turned out fine. I was having irregular periods but he diagnosed me with annovulation with no real reason to why and my husband has early testicular failure cause unknown
They were very comforting and understanding. When we found out we couldnt do the IUI the nurse in charge of the sperm analysis was very comforting and kept me from crying being very positive.
The clinic has easy scheduling and is private. Everyone seems to be well informed and if they don't know the answer they refer you to someone that does. The only weakness that I experienced was that every time i tried calling the nurse to her extension she would never answer but as soon as i call the front desk they would find her for me
I have tricare which covered about 80% if not more of the initial work up. As far as the IUI i was able to get the medications at a discount for 75% and for IVF still don't have the finances for.
We did not discuss these
Clearfield
He always greets us by name and very rarely has to check the charts for info on our treatment and care. After one of our pregnancies ended up ectopic, he very patiently held my hand while I cried. ... He took the time to address concerns I had and made sure I understood all of our options without pressuring me into more evasive treatments. ... We started by completing the testing panels ... Each failed cycle, he made adjustments to try and get us pregnant.
Billing is so confusing! I feel like each time something is done there I receive multiple invoices. And cost can often be such a surprise! Simple ultrasound visits can cost me 4x what I pay at another gynecology clinic for the same thing. ... Many years ago a test sample was mishandled and to this day the incorrect information is still on my chart. ... I feel that they made a stressful environment lighter and more relaxed. Some of the staff know me by name, which always makes you feel more noticed and cared for.
He’s very patient and kind. He took the time to address concerns I had and made sure I understood all of our options without pressuring me into more evasive treatments. He allowed me the time I needed to come to terms with our needing IVF
Ask questions. If you don’t know what’s being discussed, or are confused about medical terminology, ask him to elaborate.
We started by completing the testing panels I hadn’t finished with my previous Dr. Since my egg count and quality was fine, we started with oral medications, then proceeded to injections and finally IUI. Each failed cycle, he made adjustments to try and get us pregnant. Unfortunately due to poor tubal function, our last follow up he recommended going to IVF with embryo testing. This is an expensive procedure, so our attempts at family building have been put on hold.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Care Center (Boston IVF Network Clinic). (Assigned nurse: Kathy )
They started to know me (in a joking manner) as the lady with the crappy veins. The teased each other about which of them had to come do my blood draws. I feel that they made a stressful environment lighter and more relaxed. Some of the staff know me by name, which always makes you feel more noticed and cared for.
Billing is so confusing! I feel like each time something is done there I receive multiple invoices. And cost can often be such a surprise! Simple ultrasound visits can cost me 4x what I pay at another gynecology clinic for the same thing. And since this is infertility related, these costs are often deemed “elective” and our insurance doesn’t cover them. The location is easy enough to access and the facilities are clean and well kept. I just wish that billing wasn’t such a run around.
Our IUI cost us $850 with medications, our medications were roughly $350. Each blood draw was $80-$140 (depending on tests). Our ultrasounds were $240! Which seemed crazy high to us. And of course billing always sent multiple items novices even though services were paid at time of service.
We haven’t yet been able to complete an IVF cycle, but we were told by friends and family that RCC and Dr. Guilliland will not transfer multiple embryos if they don’t feel it’s completely necessary.
Many years ago a test sample was mishandled and to this day the incorrect information is still on my chart. That was roughly 8 years ago too. I had an IUI that we showed up for canceled at the last min and they said it had been canceled since my follicle check. Dosing infomating wasn’t directed for a medication that was added at the last min. I also had to wait more than 24 hours for blood test results for a pregnancy test. The called me the next morning (they apologized).
Clearfield
Dr Gilliland is a great doctor and really cares about each individual patient. We had to try several different treatments and medications that worked for me and he was great with this. He would personally call me on weekends and even email me different studies he looked up that would potentially help my situation.... When we first started IVF treatments we went with the basic medications. Birth control priming, gonal f 225 units, menopur 150 units and cetrotide. I did not respond to this at all. Dr Gilliland took a step back and decided birth control may have suppressed me too much and that we will try again without.
Strengths of this clinic [Reproductive Care Center] would be how passionate and caring everyone in the office is. Going through IVF is HARD on a couple emotionally, physically and financially. They understood this and did anything they could to help out. Weakness of this office would be communication. We weren’t the cookie cutter couple where everything worked out just right and we had to do some different protocols the office wasn’t used to. When we would go in the front office wouldn’t know what was going on so I’d have to explains
Dr Gilliland is very personable and you are in good hands.
Dr Gilliland is very personable and treats you as a separate case from every one else.
When we first started IVF treatments we went with the basic medications. Birth control priming, gonal f 225 units, menopur 150 units and cetrotide. I did not respond to this at all. Dr Gilliland took a step back and decided birth control may have suppressed me too much and that we will try again without. He also added femera into this protocol and raised me gonal f dosage to 450. We saw great results from this and made it to egg retrieval this time!
Very passionate and knowledgeable. Absolutely love all of the nursing staff there!
Strengths of this clinic would be how passionate and caring everyone in the office is. Going through IVF is HARD on a couple emotionally, physically and financially. They understood this and did anything they could to help out. Weakness of this office would be communication. We weren’t the cookie cutter couple where everything worked out just right and we had to do some different protocols the office wasn’t used to. When we would go in the front office wouldn’t know what was going on so I’d have to explains and Dr Gilliland would forget too if he didn’t read his notes before seeing me.
My IUI would be about $400 and speem collection was $200 IVF was $8400, $300 for anesthesia. The rest of the money was for medication which I ordered outside the office.