LGBTQ+ Competent Care
LGBTQ+ Competent Care

Based on reviews from the LGBTQ+ community.

9.7
9.7

LGBTQ+ Care
LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

Selling medication is not offered

Silicon Valley
1900 University Ave.
East Palo Alto, CA 94303

2021, Successful
Dr. Kaser instantly made me feel like a human...clear he had reviewed my chart and knew both clinically relevant and personal information about me and my husband...started seeing him with a diagnosis of diminished ovarian reserve...took the time to evaluate whether that diagnosis was appropriate, explain what that really meant, and offer me hope. Any time we were waiting for results, he called me personally (even on his vacation/after hours). I never felt like a number, and I always felt like he really cared about me and our family goals.
I loved being a patient at RMA. I appreciated being seen in both Palo Alto and San Francisco. The whole team was wonderful, so even when Dr. Kaser was out, i felt like I was in good hands...Any time we were waiting for results, [Doctor] called me personally (even on his vacation/after hours)...$15K for first retrieval, second was discounted, then $4K for embryo transfer...
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of Northern California?
I cannot recommend Dr. Kaser highly enough. I started seeing him with a diagnosis of diminished ovarian reserve, and he took the time to evaluate whether that diagnosis was appropriate, explain what that really meant, and offer me hope. Any time we were waiting for results, he called me personally (even on his vacation/after hours). I never felt like a number, and I always felt like he really cared about me and our family goals.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Kaser at RMA of Northern California?
When he starts white-boarding the math around egg retrieval, take pictures!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Kaser at RMA of Northern California?
Dr. Kaser instantly made me feel like a human. Before meeting with me, it was clear he had reviewed my chart and knew both clinically relevant and personal information about me and my husband. He knew when we were waiting for important test results, and he would call after hours if needed. I felt truly cared for by Dr. Kaser through every step of the process.
Describe the protocols Daniel Kaser used in your cycles at RMA of Northern California and their degree of success.
Round 1: menopur, gonal f then cetrotide, dual trigger— 7 eggs retrieved, 7 mature & fertilized, 5 blasts (2 day 6, 3 day 7), 4 pgs normal Round 2: clomid, menopur, gonal f then cetrotide, dual trigger— 15 eggs, 15 mature, 14 fertilized, 6 blasts (1 day 5, 2 day 6, 3 day 7), 3 pgs normal Frozen transfer: natural cycle with dual trigger
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
I loved being a patient at RMA. I appreciated being seen in both Palo Alto and San Francisco. The whole team was wonderful, so even when Dr. Kaser was out, i felt like I was in good hands with Dr. Morin and Dr. Kort.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Kaser at RMA of Northern California.
$15K for first retrieval, second was discounted, then $4K for embryo transfer
Describe Daniel Kaser's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Northern California.
The opportunity for a multiple embryo transfer was never discussed
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Northern California.
There were some issues having my records transferred to my Obgyn but I was easily able to fix that with one phone call.

2021, 38 Eggs Frozen
I had several risk factors for OHSS, and he [Dr. Morin] and the team customized my protocol to reduce that risk essentially down to zero. The day of my retrieval, I felt essentially no anxiety because I felt so confident in his care...I was at higher risk for OHSS, so they amended my protocol accordingly to avoid overstimulation, and then used a Lupron trigger instead of a traditional hCG injection to minimize my risk...
The entire staff [at RMA of Northern California] is exceedingly kind and accommodating, in addition to being extremely organized and compassionate. Another thing of note about RMA is Spruce, the messaging app they use. The responses are crazy fast...I was assigned a primary nurse who checked in with me almost daily, and felt like they cared about me each time I went in for an appointment...
How was your experience with Scott Morin at RMA of Northern California?
I was initially hesitant to work with a fertility clinic with male providers, but went for it given the rave reviews I'd heard about RMA. After working with Dr. Morin, I can confirm that all of the positive feedback is completely warranted. Dr. Morin has an exceptional bedside manner, is patient, gentle, and thorough. I completely trusted his treatment plan, and judgment, so much so that I found the injection and retrieval process significantly easier than friends who have gone through the process with other doctors. I had several risk factors for OHSS, and he and the team customized my protocol to reduce that risk essentially down to zero. The day of my retrieval, I felt essentially no anxiety because I felt so confident in his care. I wish all clinics provided the level of care RMA and Dr. Morin provide!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Scott Morin at RMA of Northern California?
No advice except make the appointment and get started! RMA and Dr. Morin provide such compassionate care, I'm so thankful to have found them and recommend them to everyone I know!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Scott Morin at RMA of Northern California?
The care I received at RMA was the best medical care I've ever received! Dr. Morin and his team are so warm, compassionate, and positive. I was assigned a primary nurse who checked in with me almost daily, and felt like they cared about me each time I went in for an appointment.
Describe the protocols Scott Morin used in your cycles at RMA of Northern California and their degree of success.
My protocol was menopur and Gonal-F only days 1-4 of stimulation, and then adding in cetrotide on day 5. This continued through day 9. On day 10 of stimulation I went in for my final ultrasound, and triggered that evening with Lupron, and then a second Lupron trigger the next morning. 36 hours after the first trigger was when my retrieval was scheduled for. I was at higher risk for OHSS, so they amended my protocol accordingly to avoid overstimulation, and then used a Lupron trigger instead of a traditional hCG injection to minimize my risk.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California. (Assigned nurse: Liz)
Liz was my primary nurse, and I also worked quite a bit with Meredith, their NP. At the time of my retrieval I also worked with Jenna and Ashley. They were all completely wonderful. Liz checked in with me multiple times a week throughout my stimulation cycle, responded exceptionally quickly to messages, and she and Meredith even sent me well wishes the morning of my retrieval, and congratulations afterwards. Jenna called me to give detailed instructions about my trigger shot (the most important one in the stimulation cycle), and Ashley took care of me at egg retrieval, and checked in on me the following day.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
I recommend completely, with no hesitations to all of my friends considering egg freezing or fertility treatments. The entire staff is exceedingly kind and accommodating, in addition to being extremely organized and compassionate. Another thing of note about RMA is Spruce, the messaging app they use. The responses are crazy fast (like within the hour normally, and you'll frequently hear directly from one of the doctors even if it's a minor question, and even if it's after clinic hours). In most medical settings it's really difficult to get in touch with your provider--at RMA they provide concierge care, and no question goes unanswered. Morning monitoring appointments are at convenient times beginning at 7AM, and are on-time and very fast, which is really helpful when you're working and going through fertility treatments simultaneously. Location-wise, the office is a quick walk from the Embarcadero BART station, which made it easy for me to get to.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Morin at RMA of Northern California.
My care was covered by my employer, but all insurance and billing was handled quickly and with no follow-up required on my part.

2021, Successful
Dr. Morin acted with urgency to create a plan to move forward and leveraged both scientific literature as well as his own experience develop a treatment plan. When we had a failed third cycle using ICSI, Dr. Morin was the one who gave us the motivation, confidence, and clinical rationale to try one more time with a different protocol - resulting in a successful embryo transfer...
[RMA of Northern California was] Very accommodating and flexible to my work schedule...front desk staff knew me. Everything in same place - so I got my covid test, blood draw, procedures, check-up all in the same place...but parking is tough...Talk through what your goals, expectations and tolerance for treatment is at the first visit - RMA will customize a plan that works best for you...
How was your experience with Scott Morin at RMA of Northern California?
I went to see Dr. Morin after two failed cycles with another clinic who could not provide me answers or a path forward (all embroys failed PGT testing). Dr. Morin acted with urgency to create a plan to move forward and leveraged both scientific literature as well as his own experience develop a treatment plan. When we had a failed third cycle using ICSI, Dr. Morin was the one who gave us the motivation, confidence, and clinical rationale to try one more time with a different protocol - resulting in a successful embryo transfer. I do not believe we would have had success with another clinic.
At my request, I wanted to understand all of the data, lab results, clinical studies, and data behind his decisions. He spent a lot of time ensuring that I understood the reasoning behind his treatment decisions so I felt empowered in our choices.
Third IVF cycle: used ICSI, retrieved 8 eggs, 6 fertilized, and only 1 made it to blast. PGT abnormal (I believe both of these were the flare protocol) Fourth cycle: used omnitrope (for first time), 8 eggs, 6 fertilized, 3 to blast, and 1 normal, which was transferred and resulted in an active current pregnancy
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
Strengths: Very accommodating and flexible to my work schedule - a huge bonus to me. Felt personal - front desk staff knew me. Everything in same place - so I got my covid test, blood draw, procedures, check-up all in the same place. Weaknesses- this doesnt even matter in the scheme of things, but parking is tough.
Insurance covered my IVF cycles. Transfer was about $4200
Describe Scott Morin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Northern California.
I did not want multiple embryo transfers. We did not discuss.

2021, 17 Eggs Frozen
Vicki, Paige and the rest of the team at RMA are incredible. They were so patient dealing with my small veins and answering my numerous questions...Make sure you have your prescription and insurance squared away before your cycle starts so you aren’t panicked about meds arriving in time like I was. When my period started earlier than expected, the RMA team didn’t hesitate to quickly take action and make sure I was set....
How was your experience with Jonathan Kort at RMA of Northern California?
I normally don’t post many reviews, but I felt compelled to review Dr. Kort (the positive reviews aren’t too good to be true!) Dr. Kort feels like a trusted friend with my best interests at heart. He provides concierge-level care and his thoughtful nature soothes any nerves or anxiety you may have. I’m someone who doesn’t do okay with foreign objects in my private area (truly, like I disliked Pap smears so much I *accidentally* went 7 years between them) but Dr. Kort is kind, communicative and compassionate with ultrasounds and all communications. I felt very lucky he did my egg retrieval and I saw him for all but one appointment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jonathan Kort at RMA of Northern California?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jonathan Kort at RMA of Northern California?
Dr. Kort is incredibly caring, knowledgeable and genuine. It meant a lot he would remember little bits of our conversation from previous appointments. I loved that he didn’t push me towards moving forward with any services at our consult and truly wants the best for his patients. He has great bedside manner (so refreshing!) and kindly answered my endless questions. When I had an injection mishap late on a Sunday night, Dr. Kort got back to me right away on next steps through the Spruce app. Another time I thought I was missing a medication, I sent a late message (yet again) and was mortified to find I had it all along. Dr. Kort didn’t skip a beat and was a total champ about it! In my check-ups he identified things I should keep an eye on annually that I never would have known about. I’m so incredibly grateful to Dr. Kort and have recommended him/RMA to countless colleagues and friends!
Describe the protocols Jonathan Kort used in your cycles at RMA of Northern California and their degree of success.
FSH, Menopur, Cetrotide followed by Lupron trigger
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Northern California.
Vicki, Paige and the rest of the team at RMA are incredible. They were so patient dealing with my small veins and answering my numerous questions (e.g., no you shouldn't do reformer Pilates during cycle). I apparently asked if I could nap longer after my procedure and they graciously rolled with the punches. Who knew RMA was spa-like in so many ways!
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
Jena at the front desk and the entire RMA team were so welcoming. They were also very accommodating with my schedule - I was nervous about traveling from the east bay, starting a new job and potentially missing work, but it never was an issue. The appointments were a breeze!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jonathan Kort at RMA of Northern California.
~$8k but was a (taxable) reimbursement from work
2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr Morin makes you feel as if you are his only patient...my primary communicator was Dr Morin himself...I always looked forward to my appointments because I always left feeling informed, cared for, and as though he was really making a difference in my process. Every step was thoroughly explained to me and I never felt as if I was just a number or that any part of the process was just to make money...
Every staff member of this clinic [RMA of Northern California] was exceptional, from front desk, to lab techs, to nurses and doctors...The finance team worked diligently with me to make sure all parts of my treatment were billed through my insurance and for my payments as well...I actually didn't interact much with my nurse, my primary communicator was Dr Morin himself. But every interaction with Kristin [nurse] was very efficient, informative, and pleasant....
How was your experience with Scott Morin at RMA of Northern California?
Dr Morin makes this time in your life and this difficult experience and makes it more than tolerable. I always looked forward to my appointments because I always left feeling informed, cared for, and as though he was really making a difference in my process. Every step was thoroughly explained to me and I never felt as if I was just a number or that any part of the process was just to make money.
Ask all of your questions. Don't feel as if any question is stupid. Dr Morin never made me feel that way, and he always seems more than willing to sit and talk your questions and concerns out with you.
Dr Morin makes you feel as if you are his only patient, in fact I even checked with the front desk staff to make sure I wasn't. He takes the time to explain every part of every procedure and the reason it is necessary. He makes sure you are informed and knowledgable before moving forward with any part of your process.
Our only diagnosis was male factor infertility, so my process was a fairly straight-forward IVF egg retrieval, ICSI, and frozen embryo transfer. All of my procedures went seamlessly and I had few hiccups once in his care. The only issue we had was a blood marker that arose in my husband's bloodwork that we needed to see a different specialist for. But even then- Dr Morin worked to get that taken care of in a timely manner and made sure my cycle was not disrupted or delayed for this reason.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California. (Assigned nurse: Kristin)
I actually didn't interact much with my nurse, my primary communicator was Dr Morin himself. But every interaction with Kristin was very efficient, informative, and pleasant.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
Every staff member of this clinic was exceptional, from front desk, to lab techs, to nurses and doctors. I never had a less than perfect experience with any visit. Even when visits were difficult due to things not going my way, I never had a bad experience with any of them. And I ask A LOT of questions.
My insurance, luckily, covered 50% of some of the procedures and most of my medications. The finance team worked diligently with me to make sure all parts of my treatment were billed through my insurance and for my payments as well.
I asked about this and Dr Morin explained to me the additional risks involved with multiple embryo transfer. And given my already advanced age, my husband and I decided on single embryo transfer.

2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Kaser has wonderful bedside manner. He always made you feel welcome in his presence...The reason I have rated him neutrally is although he was very kind, so many mistakes were made to my care at RMA under Dr. Kaser's care... once we were in the throws of IVF, I felt completely bewildered by our experience - it was not at all how he had presented IVF to us...As soon as we hit rough waters, he completely abandoned us and left us completely lost as to what to do next...
Billing department [at RMA of Northern California] is a NIGHTMARE. I was billed for things that were not done and overcharged for certain procedures even though we had signed a contract for a bundled package...The price of these procedures is not given to you beforehand...Spruce is accessible by the entire clinical staff, not just the nurses and doctors...
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of Northern California?
Dr. Kaser seemed so genuinely sweet when my husband and I met him over video visit for our initial consult. He was very caring and seemed so invested in us having the family that we wanted. After my initial ultrasound he was thrilled with my antral follicle count and thought we would be very successful with IVF. I definitely wish he spent more time telling us the truth about the potential steps in the IVF process (he oversimplified the process and never mentioned certain procedures like saline ultrasound, hysteroscopy, birth control, etc.) in our consult, as well as the potential outcomes after an embryo transfer in more realistic terms (he gave us a 70% success rate with our first embryo transfer which was not successful). I am a physician myself (not an Ob) so I expected him to be very thorough in his explanation of all the procedures. He was so generous with his time and sometimes didn't charge us for certain procedures, but once we were in the throws of IVF, I felt completely bewildered by our experience - it was not at all how he had presented IVF to us. During our first frozen embryo transfer, we did get a positive pregnancy test, but there was no yolk sac visible during the initial ultrasound. My HCG level had started really low, but it doubled quickly as expected. Instead of explaining why there was nothing on the initial scan, he ran out of the room looking panicked and said "you need blood work" over his shoulder before heading out the door. My husband and I totally freaked out and started sobbing when he left. We didn't sleep well until our follow up ultrasound 5 days later where thankfully we saw a yolk sac, but unfortunately this transfer ended in a blighted ovum (I had no idea what a blighted ovum was or that it was a potential outcome of a transfer). I had lots of issues with my insurance so I decided to do a D&C outside of RMA. My colleague also went to RMA where she was charged almost $5K for a D&C (she was not told this cost upfront) that was not covered with our insurance so I decided to get the procedure done in my hospital system. I had told Dr. Kaser that I needed a break because I was so devastated by this outcome. I did not feel properly prepared for the potential of a loss after a successful implantation. He never called me afterwards to check in on me after this devastating loss. I was so distressed that I might have put myself at risk for breast cancer (I have a strong family history of breast cancer and was rightly concerned about taking high potency hormone injections for IVF). When my husband called Dr. Kaser crying that I was inconsolable after the loss because of my fear of having increased my chances of breast cancer by doing IVF Dr. Kaser immediately became defensive and said "our drugs don't cause cancer!". I felt completely abandoned, invalidated and betrayed by Dr. Kaser. I could not see him as my provider afterwards even though we still had 3 remaining embryos at that time. I lost my respect for him and no longer felt safe in his care. I think Dr. Kaser is a great doctor if everything goes smoothly in your case and there are no setbacks. As soon as we hit rough waters, he completely abandoned us and left us completely lost as to what to do next. I think he lacks maturity and will hopefully learn to be a more steadfast guide on this very scary, tumultuous and personal journey for couples.
Make sure you ask detailed questions about the process. This process costs tens of thousands of dollars, has many risks, and is a LONG journey - you deserve his time. Do not feel rushed to make any decisions while you are in his presence (we did). Think things over and make sure you have all the information you need to make an informed decision. Hold Dr. Kaser accountable when mistakes are made.
Dr. Kaser has wonderful bedside manner. He always made you feel welcome in his presence. He also shared his personal IVF journey to make us feel comfortable as IVF is very emotional and overwhelming. The reason I have rated him neutrally is although he was very kind, so many mistakes were made to my care at RMA under Dr. Kaser's care. My hysteroscopy was cancelled an hour and a half before it was scheduled even though I was NPO for 10 hours because the anesthesiologist needed a negative covid test. No one had told me to get a covid test so of course my case needed to be cancelled. Both my husband and I had taken time off work to get this procedure done and we were very upset that this happened when it easily could have been avoided if we were told to get covid tested beforehand. I also had to go back to the clinic 3 times on the same day to get supplies for our IVF injections because of communication error. Every time we messaged on the Spruce app, some random person would respond, not just Dr. Kaser. We also had to wait over a week to get our PGT-A testing results back. Dr. Kaser is usually so prompt in his messaging we were surprised that he took almost 2 weeks to get our results back. My husband even called the lab directly and they said they had already given the results to RMA. When my husband called the front desk about our test results, the secretary told him that they didn't know where our results were (my husband thought they had lost our precious embryos). The whole experience was very traumatizing and could have been smoother with more effective communication. I definitely felt like the clinic dropped the ball several times in our care.
I overreacted to the medications so I underwent less medications than I was supposed to do. I believe I did 3 days of gonal F and menopur, then they added Ganirelix until I was ready to do the trigger shot (0.25 of 10,000 units HCG). I was told I was ready for retrieval on my first ultrasound which made me so overwhelmed because I was expecting to do the medications for 2 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California. (Assigned nurse: Kristen)
Kristen is a really sweet, but she was so disorganized and became very defensive if a mistake was made because she failed to communicate something important to me. The day before my retrieval she called me panicked because I did not have an HIV test results (and something else sorry I forgot). We had gone over the lab results with our doctor before the retrieval and he said everything was in order. Instead of admitting that a mistake was made she said "Dr Kaser told you to get this done". He did not. We were given a list of lab tests to be done. I showed them the tests that I had done. They said they had reviewed them but clearly they did not. I had to wake up 2 hours early to go to the lab to get these last minute tests done before working as a physician myself in order to get the results to them prior to the retrieval. The retrieval was SO stressful and having this last minute test done added unnecessary stress. I also had so many nurses interact with me who often didn't know my protocol (or anything about me). When Kristen did call with HCG results she was always professional and sweet, but it was not consistently her who was calling me.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
Pros: - RMA can get you in super quickly and they will churn and burn you. - They are open 7 days a week so a modified natural cycle is a possibility at this site. - They use an app called Spruce to communicate with you. You can expect a response from someone on the team within 2 hours (sometimes as quick as 5 minutes!). - The staff are very welcoming and kind. Cons: - Billing department is a NIGHTMARE. I was billed for things that were not done and overcharged for certain procedures even though we had signed a contract for a bundled package. We needed to get the central billing department involved and we still do not have our issues resolved. The billing is not transparent and the person who we are interacting with is not consistent in emailing you back and gives you contradictory information. SO FRUSTRATING. - You feel very pressured to keep doing procedures. The price of these procedures is not given to you beforehand. - The IVF process was oversimplified and the expected outcomes over promised. For something as intimate as having a family, I would expect these doctors to deliver more realistic odds of success and to have more compassion when things go wrong. Most other clinics have a follow up check in 6 weeks after a loss so you don't feel lost and abandoned by your clinic. My friends who have gone elsewhere thought the fact that our doctor never reached out to us was inhumane and just mean. - You are definitely treated like a lab rat as a woman at RMA - poked and prodded SO many times with no impact on your outcome. Your protocol is not tailored to you at all. It is there way or the highway. - I also think they promote procedures to get more money without always adding to your clinical outcome. I think it is wrong that they added certain blood tests without my permission (of course not covered by my insurance) just for monetary gain. - Spruce is accessible by the entire clinical staff, not just the nurses and doctors. I remember receiving a message from one of the billing staff about my vaginal bleeding and I was horrified. I asked that my account remain private to just MD/RNs but that is not possible through the Spruce app. I felt like this was an invasion of my privacy and I wish someone had told me this before I started using it.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of Northern California.
Monitoring appointments were so overwhelming. We would get an appointment slot but the doctor would be doing an egg retrieval or something else in an entirely different area so you were often asked if you wouldn't mind seeing the NP instead. I am not sure why they offered appointments when the doctor was not available. I found this very frustrating.
IUI was around $650; egg retrieval cost around $14K, drugs for IVF cost around $4.5K; transfer was supposed to cost $4200, but ended up being $4500-7000+ for each transfer not including medications.
I agree with only transferring one embryo at a time. It did not seem like RMA promoted multiple embryo transfers.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Northern California.
We were not given our PGT-A test results during the time frame promised (7 days). When we called the lab who did our testing on a Wednesday, they said they had already sent it to RMA on the previous Monday. When my husband called RMA about this, the front desk staff said they didn't know where our test results were. My husband thought she meant they lost our embryos and we were both so upset. Thankfully Dr. Kaser called us the following evening to go over the results, but this was so upsetting and completely avoidable. I was told I needed an emergent hysteroscopy after Dr. Kaser saw something on my saline ultrasound on a Friday. We were told to do the procedure on Tuesday when we both had work. We cancelled our work schedules, I was NPO since the night before and then 1.5 hours prior to my procedure, Dr. Kaser called to ask me if by chance I had a covid test done. I was not advised to do a covid test and didn't need one for my egg retrieval a couple weeks prior so I was surprised that he didn't tell me about this requirement. The anesthesiologist refused to see me and my scope was cancelled. My husband is a lawyer and had to cancel he had with a team in Japan and I am a physician so I had to cancel my clinic. I was so upset about this cancellation and had to wait until the following Wednesday to get the scope done. I had specifically asked how painful the hysteroscopy was but Dr. Kaser said I shouldn't have any issues since I had no pain after the egg retrieval. I woke up with 8/10 pain while still foggy from the anesthesia and needed two boluses of fentanyl to stop sobbing from the pain. When I informed him that I experienced a lot more pain than I had expected he dismissed me and said "cervices are irritable". I was LLIVID with this response. We are taught in medical school to show compassion and to say you are sorry if things do not go well. He has never said he was sorry for causing me so much pain.
San Francisco

Dr.Morin is very smart and welcoming he made me feel very comfortable and confident that I could achieve success with him, from the start to the end I always felt happy with the service he has given me. I like that I got to see him most of my appointments and he was very easy to communicate with he always responded to my questions in a timely manner and made communicating very easy I also felt very relax with him in every visit....
The clinic [RMA of Northern California] is very new and located in a great location in sf near the downtown financial district, easy parking is available...My first cycle cost $15650 for a freeze all with icsi and $4640 for meds and $4500 for the FET and then additional $2-3k for blood works, monitoring and testing and $300 per embryo pgd testing...my second cycle cost was $12520 a 20% discount on the original cost being it was my second round and $3100 for meds
How was your experience with Scott Morin at RMA of Northern California?
Don’t be afraid to ask as many questions as you like Dr.Morin never made me feel rushed.
Dr.Morin is very warming and carrying from the start to the end he engages in answering questions quickly thru there app spruce as well as in person when i see him and I got to see him most of the time thru out my cycles It was nice to deal with one main doctor through out my cycles vs different nurses and multiple doctors so I always felt like he cared very much about his patients.
My first cycle we did gonal f centrotide and menopur for a week then I use pregnyl for trigger my retrieval yeild 3 eggs with 2 fertilizing and 1 coming back PGD normal 2nd cycle we did the same thing buy added clomid and I got 11 eggs 7 fertilize and 3 making it to blast with 1 coming back PGD normal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California. (Assigned nurse: Vicki lee )
Vicki is very sweet and also great to work with she responds very fast to any concerns I have and she made communicating very easy.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
The clinic is very new and located in a great location in sf near the downtown financial district, easy parking is available and the area as well as the clinic is very safe and beautiful there is 24 he security always there to give u access u to the clinic everything about the clinic is made for convenience to the patient there is nothing I would change about this amazing clinic.
My first cycle cost $15650 for a freeze all with icsi and $4640 for meds and $4500 for the FET and then additional $2-3k for blood works, monitoring and testing and $300 per embryo pgd testing since I had no insurance I had to pay all charges out of pocket my second cycle cost was $12520 a 20% discount on the original cost being it was my second round and $3100 for meds
San Francisco

Dr. Kaser is incredibly caring and it really felt like he was invested in the process. He would call us directly to talk about important results (development of embryos, pregnancy test results). He was genuinely excited to deliver us good news! He answered all our questions immediately, whether in person or over Spruce [messaging app] or the phone. When I had a bad reaction to certain medications, he was genuinely concerned and reduced the dosage while monitoring my bloodwork...
RMA has been my best experience with a medical care provider in my life. I was in constant communication with my doctor and primary nurse over their messaging app Spruce. All my questions were answered and my concerns addressed. Both the clinics in SF and Silicon Valley are great...We were given step-by-step instructions throughout the process by our primary nurse through Spruce, their messaging app...We were sent videos of how to administer the meds and received an in-person demonstration. Whenever I had questions, they were immediately answered on Spruce....
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of Northern California?
Dr. Kaser is a thorough, caring, and compassionate doctor. He will answer all your questions promptly, no matter what they are. He will deliver important news to you personally. When I had a bad reaction to certain medications, he immediately took action, monitored me, and I felt much better. You can tell he genuinely loves his work from the excitement with which he delivers good news! My husband and I felt like we were his only patients. It was the best experience I've ever had with a doctor.
I would advise everyone to do their own homework about the process. During the diagnostic appointment, my husband and I were able to ask very detailed questions that Dr. Kaser was happy to answer.
Dr. Kaser is incredibly caring and it really felt like he was invested in the process. He would call us directly to talk about important results (development of embryos, pregnancy test results). He was genuinely excited to deliver us good news! He answered all our questions immediately, whether in person or over Spruce or the phone. When I had a bad reaction to certain medications, he was genuinely concerned and reduced the dosage while monitoring my bloodwork. (I've had bad experiences in the past where doctors dismissed my pain, as I'm sure many women have.) He is an amazing doctor and I wish there were more doctors like him!
We used the antagonist protocol (most common protocol - Gonal-F and Menopur, followed by Cetrotide and trigger injections). We started in late October and I am now 8+ weeks pregnant as of late January.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California. (Assigned nurse: Kristen Montesinos)
We were given step-by-step instructions throughout the process by our primary nurse through Spruce, their messaging app. We were given exact dosages and dates to start and end each medication. During the monitoring stage of IVF, we were sent daily updates on bloodwork and any medication changes. We were sent videos of how to administer the meds and received an in-person demonstration. Whenever I had questions, they were immediately answered on Spruce. The egg retrieval was very smooth and I felt well cared-for by the nursing staff. They explained everything to me before the procedure and gave me aftercare instructions after I woke up. When I woke up, I had a heating pad on my stomach, a warm blanket, and a nurse offered me snacks and water. It was my best experience after a surgical procedure.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
RMA has been my best experience with a medical care provider in my life. I was in constant communication with my doctor and primary nurse over their messaging app Spruce. All my questions were answered and my concerns addressed. Both the clinics in SF and Silicon Valley are great. Major procedures were done in SF, while monitoring appointments were done in Silicon Valley. Everyone I dealt with was competent, caring, and compassionate.
The total billed to Progyny insurance was around $33K. Out of this, diagnostics were $2.2K, medications $11.4K, medical services $16.7K, PGS testing $2.7K. Progyny paid for most of it, we only had to pay our out-of-pocket max.
eSET would give us the best chance at a healthy baby, so we didn't ask about any other options.
San Francisco

it was never even discussed [with Dr. Daniel Kaser] to transfer more than 1 embryo. I had the choice to choose the gender, or choose "best quality" and we chose the latter...was personable and warm, starting from our very first consultation. Being able to text him at any time with the Spruce app was so nice. He more often than not responded back to me within an hour - always with warmth and friendliness...was a great doctor to guide us through the ups and downs of IVF, and during COVID no less. He explained everything thoroughly and was extremely patient in every conversation, whether it was in the Spruce app, on the phone/video chat, or in person. He's also extremely positive and supportive. He recognized that I was nerding out on all the science and took extra time to ta
The nursing staff [at RMA of Northern California] was warm, competent, organized, and efficient. They were are very supportive...The app they use to communicate with you is stellar. Everything about RMA is an operations miracle. The staff is helpful and warm too, always greeting you with a smile. From the very first phone call, I knew we were in good hands. I called to set up appointments with UCSF Fertility and RMA on the same day. RMA could take us for an in-person consult within the week, and UCSF would have been 8 weeks. I am so thankful we went with RMA.
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of Northern California?
Dr. Kaser was a great doctor to guide us through the ups and downs of IVF, and during COVID no less. He explained everything thoroughly and was extremely patient in every conversation, whether it was in the Spruce app, on the phone/video chat, or in person. He's also extremely positive and supportive. He recognized that I was nerding out on all the science and took extra time to talk through details during ultrasounds. He's everything you'd want in a doctor. I wish he could be my OB! We had our first consult in early February, and at the end of July I'm 8 weeks pregnant. And this is considering a 4-week delay when SIP first started and RMA paused new treatment cycles. Also, I elected to immediately go through a 2nd egg retrieval cycle before results from Cycle 1 had been PGS tested, to be on the safe side that I'd have enough embryos frozen for transfer now and in the future. Fairly quick turn of events all in all! Very happy with RMA and Dr. Kaser.
I would do your homework before going in for your first consultation. He can talk fairly quickly so it's helpful if you already know the IVF lingo and acronyms. Also, since RMA does give you any written documents, take notes in your talks with him and take photos if he whiteboards the "math" of egg retrieval.
Dr. Kaser was personable and warm, starting from our very first consultation. Being able to text him at any time with the Spruce app was so nice. He more often than not responded back to me within an hour - always with warmth and friendliness.
Cycle 1: Gonal and Menopur for 8 days, Cetrotide for 5, Lupron, Novarel Cycle 2: Gonal and Menopur for 9 days, Cetrotide for 4, Clomid pill for 5 days, Lupron, Novarel Cycle 1 left me with 11 eggs, 9 mature, 7 fertilized, 4 frozen, 3 normal (2 4BB, 1 4CC) -- all 6 day blastocysts Cycle 2 left me with 19 eggs, 15 mature, 15 fertilized, 9 frozen, 4 normal (2 4AA, 4AB, 5CB) -- all 6 day blastocysts
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Northern California.
The nursing staff was warm, competent, organized, and efficient. They were are very supportive.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
The clinic was top-notch in every way. The doctors are world-class. Nurses are awesome. Office was beautifully decorated and comfortable. The app they use to communicate with you is stellar. Everything about RMA is an operations miracle. The staff is helpful and warm too, always greeting you with a smile. From the very first phone call, I knew we were in good hands. I called to set up appointments with UCSF Fertility and RMA on the same day. RMA could take us for an in-person consult within the week, and UCSF would have been 8 weeks. I am so thankful we went with RMA.
Egg retrieval - about $16000 for each Fertility meds for egg retrieval #1: $12000 Fertility meds for egg retrieval #2: $6000 (because some meds left over from #1) Frozen transfer: $4600 Luckily I have Progyny as a benefit through work, so almost all of it was paid for between them and regular insurance. Insurance paid for some things, like some of the bloodwork, genetic screening, Endometrin, etc. Progyny pays for the rest. I think I paid one or two small co-pays too. With Progyny I was eligible for 8 "smart cycle segments" or the equivalent of 2 rounds of IVF, plus $15000 toward fertility meds. I ended up using 7 smart cycle segments. The smart cycles only refer to the medical procedures (i.e. egg retrieval, frozen transfer). I did have to pay out of pocket for some of the meds. But...thankfully with Carrot, my husband's fertility benefit, we can expense up to $10000 per year, and this includes out of pocket expenses. So we are VERY VERY lucky that we didn't have to pay for any of it.
it was never even discussed to transfer more than 1 embryo. I had the choice to choose the gender, or choose "best quality" and we chose the latter.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Northern California.
There was one instance where a new prescription didn't get called in along with the others. I had missed that Dr. Kaser didn't call this prescription in, so it was my mistake as well. Luckily, it was a prescription I could get at Walgreens so I picked it up late night. All went fine in the end.
San Francisco

Dr.Morin is a really good communicator. I asked him millions of questions and he always answers my questions in an easy to understand yet not over simplified way. He's also very honest about the success rate and all other numbers. My numbers matched pretty close to what he disclosed at the consultation...Most of the communication was actually done directly with Dr.Morin...Antagonist protocol: 150 GonalF + 150 Menopur day 3 - day 10; Cetrotide day 8 - day 10; double lupron trigger on 36 and 24 hours before retrieval. Retrieval was on cycle day 12. Result: 32 follicles, 19 mature eggs, 14 fertilized, 7 blastocysts being biopsied and sent for PGS testing and all were PGS normal.
Both offices [RMA of Northern California] are very high end and chic. Billing was a bit confusing in the beginning and I wished RMA can provide a financial consultation to go over all options and estimations. I hope the office can run a little more organized on this front. Nurses were super nice. After I told them I wanted to pay for my meds OOP they offered to call multiple pharmacies for me, so I was able to compare prices and get the best price. I am a very inquisitive patient and did a lot of research before choosing this clinic, and my overall experience with RMA norcal definitely met my expectation (and I had very high expectation as well).
How was your experience with Scott Morin at RMA of Northern California?
Ask many questions, like why he chose such protocol, why use such trigger etc.
Dr Morin replies to messages on Spruce in a timely manner. He explains every detail when I was confused or have concerns about the treatment plan.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Northern California.
Most of the communication was actually done directly with Dr.Morin. All nurses were friendly and nice. I really liked Sarah from the PA office and Paige at the operating room.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
Dr.Morin, Dr.Kort and Dr.Kaser are all superb REs. They have excellent bedside manner. Dr.Kaser was the one doing my egg retrieval and I literally felt nothing afterwards (I retrieved 32 eggs!). The IUI was done by Dr.Kaser as well and that was like a breeze, totally different from the scary IUI experience l I had with my OB... Like others said, the SF office is like a spa. Both offices are very high end and chic. Billing was a bit confusing in the beginning and I wished RMA can provide a financial consultation to go over all options and estimations. I hope the office can run a little more organized on this front. Nurses were super nice. After I told them I wanted to pay for my meds OOP they offered to call multiple pharmacies for me, so I was able to compare prices and get the best price. I am a very inquisitive patient and did a lot of research before choosing this clinic, and my overall experience with RMA norcal definitely met my expectation (and I had very high expectation as well).
It was very busy when I did my egg retrieval monitorings before the COVID 19 situation. Monitoring appointments are usually only 5-10 minutes when the on duty doctor count the follicles, measure ovaries and uterus etc. plus additional 1 minute doing blood draw. I usually come in and out within 45 mins during busy hours.
My treatments were covered by the insurance. They have good contract price with my insurance provider.
Dr.Morin highly recommend eSET.

2019 - 2020, Consult
I came to Dr. Morin for a baseline fertility consultation without knowing what to expect and not much prior knowledge. He was super patient and broke down the basics of female fertility in an easily digestible way. He was a good listener and answered each of my questions thoroughly. When I got my results, he was attentive and had an open line of communication and was available to answer my questions. The follow up consultation was helpful as he explained the potential options of my treatment plan for egg freezing. I feel like I’m in competent hands with him as a primary fertility doctor.
The [RMA of Northern California] clinic is modern and clean. The clinic staff is friendly...The clinic uses convenient technology through a secure messenger app that allows for an accessible line of communication for patients to reach out to the doctors and staff...Responsive scheduling over email...[the nurses] were professional and friendly, it was a pleasant experience...$375 for initial consultation of pelvic ultrasound + AMH bloodwork
How was your experience with Scott Morin at RMA of Northern California?
Don’t be shy about asking questions to get a better understanding of your fertility situation!
He spoke candidly to me in a digestible way. He was always available for additional phone call follow ups and kept an open line of communication checking in to make sure I understood my results and the options in my treatment.
Not applicable, only at consultation phase and have not scheduled procedure yet.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Northern California.
Only interaction so far was during blood draws for labs and initial ultrasound. They were professional and friendly, it was a pleasant experience.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
Responsive scheduling over email. The clinic is modern and clean. The clinic staff is friendly. The clinic uses convenient technology through a secure messenger app that allows for an accessible line of communication for patients to reach out to the doctors and staff.
$375 for initial consultation of pelvic ultrasound + AMH bloodwork
Not applicable

Investment Banker
[Dr. Johnathan Kort] was always available to answer questions. We used an app and if I wrote at night I wouldn't expect a reply until the next morning but he usually replied right away. He has a very calm bedside manner as well. We felt very comfortable with him and his colleagues throughout the process...Dr. Kort uses single embryo transfer which I appreciate given the risks of multiples.
[RMA of Northern California] clinic is very new, opened a few years ago. It is clean, modern, looks presentable. I appreciated the little things, like having a calming screensaver in the exam room and the nurses turning down the lights during ultrasound...The nurses were wonderful. Very caring. Asking questions about how I was feeling etc...About 18k for the IVF procedure
How was your experience with Jonathan Kort at RMA of Northern California?
Dr. Kort has a wonderful bedside manner. I wish he had been the one to perform all of the ultrasounds and the egg retrieval but his communication and assurance were so helpful throughout the entire process. We are considering round 2 of IVF but Covid is going on and we worry that this could be a risky time.
Ask any and all questions. Don't hesitate to reach out to Dr. Kort if something is weighing on you and you are worried to ask.
He was always available to answer questions. We used an app and if I wrote at night I wouldn't expect a reply until the next morning but he usually replied right away. He has a very calm bedside manner as well. We felt very comfortable with him and his colleagues throughout the process.
IVF round 1: we used a protocol of daily injections of low dose HCG, Follistim.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
The clinic is very new, opened a few years ago. It is clean, modern, looks presentable. I appreciated the little things, like having a calming screensaver in the exam room and the nurses turning down the lights during ultrasound.
There was one weekend where there was an extremely long wait for monitoring but this was due to a one off event where their other location was closed. Most of the time I never waited more than 5-10 minutes.
About 18k for the IVF procedure. Another 5k for the drugs (paid to the separate pharmacy). Another $1k for anesthesia during egg retrieval. I have no fertility benefit insurance so all was out of pocket. Which is a major factor while we consider whether we should continue to round 2.
Describe Jonathan Kort's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Northern California.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Northern California.
We had a miscommunication while scheduling the initial consultation but they promptly corrected it and I was seen quickly

2020, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Morin] is very responsive and caring. He is honest about our situation but also open to trying different avenues if we aren't ready to jump right into IVF, even though that is the standard for our situation...He also makes recommendations but is willing an open to listening to my own concerns and even encouraging me to try my own path first. He lets you know that no matter what there are still other options if our own plan doesn't yield the results we want.
This is a great clinic. I found it to be modern and clean. The location is ideal for me due to my work location. They [RMA of Northern California] have a separate surgery area on the same floor with it's own waiting room which is good because you can more private conversations with your partner...The compassion is visible and they treat you with so much love. You can feel that they [nurses] are rooting for you and that is priceless.
How was your experience with Scott Morin at RMA of Northern California?
He is very responsive and caring. He is honest about our situation but also open to trying different avenues if we aren't ready to jump right into IVF, even though that is the standard for our situation.
Ask questions and don't be afraid to let him know if his recommendation doesn't match what you planned. He is open to the conversation and can let you know if your plan makes sense or is at least not going to hurt you in the end.
They provide an app where you can chat with them at anytime and the chat actually goes to your doctor! I feel like I can reach out at anytime with any questions, small or large. He also makes recommendations but is willing an open to listening to my own concerns and even encouraging me to try my own path first. He lets you know that no matter what there are still other options if our own plan doesn't yield the results we want. Overall he is very caring and open to providing support for our own path.
We started with the consultation and since we had been trying for year he recommended the first set of tests: -Hormones/genetics - normal -Vaginal analysis (endometrium thickness) - normal -HSG - one blocked tube -Sperm analysis - normal He recommended the HSG to see my tubes and uterus structure. They found that I had one blocked tube and found two small polyps. Due to the HSG he recommended an Clomid+IUI or IVF. For us it was important to try and do this as naturally as possible so we opted to try two rounds of Clomid and timed sex. If that didn't work we agreed to move into Clomid+IUI for 2-3 tries and then we would consider IVF. He was ok with that. He mentioned due to my age we had time to follow this path. If anything changed he would let me know. Following the plan and diagnosis we scheduled a procedure to remove the polyps. After that process we moved to Clomid and timed sex. I mentioned to him that Clomid was making me feel ill and he recommended trying Letrozole for the next round. We are currently waiting to see if Clomid worked :)
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California.
They are ALL so kind and friendly. The compassion is visible and they treat you with so much love. You can feel that they are rooting for you and that is priceless.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
This is a great clinic. I found it to be modern and clean. The location is ideal for me due to my work location. They have a separate surgery area on the same floor with it's own waiting room which is good because you can more private conversations with your partner.
I handled this through my insurance so I haven't been tracking it. The cost to me has been very low due to my coverage.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Northern California.
They followed up with everything but didn't follow up with the sperm sample being normal. I think it might have happened because it was normal and there were no issues and we were already moving forward. I did have to ask specifically about those results. Otherwise no issues.

2 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. Kaser wants with all his heart to give you a baby. He is straight forward with his opinion but does so in the kindest, gentlest manner. He is open to listening to ideas I had about new protocols and fully explored all possibilities with me. He responds to messages on "Spruce" (the app the clinic uses to communicate) quickly. I think delivery bad news is as hard for him to deliver as it is to hear, you can truly hear the emotion in his voice. He's positive about outcomes but not misleading.
They require ICSI for PGS testing [at RMA Northern California]. $12k total, including ICSI, biopsy, freeze...Everyone at RMA is kind, friendly and upbeat. I did NOT feel like a number just passing through. I truly felt like each and every person I came in contact with cared about how I was doing that day...One nurse who was covering came over and personally introduced herself the day of my retrieval. Overall, everyone bends over backwards to make sure you are ok during all of this.
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of Northern California?
Don't be afraid to take up his time, he truly cares. I know I often felt rushed with other doctors. Dr. K WANTS to spend as much time as possible with you, explaining all the risks, benefits, possibilities, etc.
300 ui GonalF 150 Menopur added Omnitrope for egg quality on day 4, then every other day Cetrotide on day 5 of stims HCG and Luprolide trigger
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California. (Assigned nurse: Katherine)
Very communicative, and had a lot of compassion when Aetna was giving me a ton of trouble with refills I needed to extend my stimulation cycle. One nurse who was covering came over and personally introduced herself the day of my retrieval. Overall, everyone bends over backwards to make sure you are ok during all of this.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
It can get crowded on weekend monitoring - they have drop in hours. Show up early and you won't have a problem or bring stuff with you to keep yourself occupied while you wait. (Although now in the time of COVID, they have appointment times every 15 mins.)
Before COVID, it was drop in hours for monitoring. Show up early and it wasn't a problem. The weekend could be a very long wait, up to an hour. It didn't bother me because the rest of the clinic was so friendly and kind.
They require ICSI for PGS testing. $12k total, including ICSI, biopsy, freeze.
RMA will only transfer 1 embryo at a time. I believe there are exceptions, but they have a fairly firm policy.

2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Morin highly recommended a single embryo transfer. He explained the likelyhood of having a multiple birth with a multiple embryo transfer the complications that comes with it. But ultimately the decision was up to couple and he respected our decision of transfering more that one embryo...[he]was very empathetic and patient. He took his time thoroughly explaining the whole process and answering all our questions during the consultation
They [RMA of Northern California] had state of the art equipment, and seemed very up-to-date on their techniques. During the embryo transfer there was a screen on the wall showing us the thawed embryos as they were being prepped and pulled up by the embryologist ready for transfer. It was pretty cool to watch...$15,000 for IVF with ICSI $650 for anesthesia $2000 for PGS testing (outside vendor) $4000 for frozen embryo transfer $750 post positive pregnancy test lab draw and ultrasound
How was your experience with Scott Morin at RMA of Northern California?
The staff is very warm, welcoming and very accommodating; I start work at 7am in the morning (as do they) but they would open at 6:30 to see me so I could get to work on time. The office uses the Spruce app to communicate with patient and anytime I had a question, I would get a response within a couple of hours. Even with the COVID-19 outbreak, they remained organized and continued to see patients that were in the middle of their treatment. The only aspect of my treatment that I would want differently is a tentative timeline of when and how long I would be taking the different medications. It's nice to be able to look ahead and see the light at the end of the medication tunnel.
Dr. Morin was very empathetic and patient. He took his time thoroughly explaining the whole process and answering all our questions during the consultation. We told him we wanted to wait a few months before starting a cycle, he respected our decision and followed up with us a few months later.
I have PCOS and because of that Dr. Morin wanted to put me on an antagonist cycle. He chose this cycle to avoid OHSS. This method yielded 8 embryos, where as my last cycle, with a different doctor, only yielded 4 embryos.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
The clinic was very modern, clean and organized. They had state of the art equipment, and seemed very up-to-date on their techniques. During the embryo transfer there was a screen on the wall showing us the thawed embryos as they were being prepped and pulled up by the embryologist ready for transfer. It was pretty cool to watch.
San Francisco

Dr. Kort had a great balance of being friendly and warm while also remaining professional and reassuring. He was incredibly easy to communicate with, and was able to provide the exact level of detail we needed, tailoring his plan to our schedule and lifestyle. We were dealing with an extremely tight timeline due to COVID-19 threatening to shit down cycles, and I felt like he was able to ensure a safe environment while maintaining a sense of urgency and care. My expectations were managed well, and I feel like we got the best care possible.
RMA is incredibly convenient if you live or work in both Silicon Valley or San Francisco. There is ample parking, the office is new, clean and very high end. It almost felt like going to the spa! The one drawback is they can get pretty busy and sometimes the waiting room is packed during peak hours....The nursing staff became like family. They are incredibly welcoming and warm, and very organized. Usually I was in and out of appointments in less than 15 minutes.
How was your experience with Jonathan Kort at RMA of Northern California?
Come with lots of questions and don't be afraid to ask them! If you're someone who wants every little detail spelled out, I say go for it. I'm the type of person that want's just enough information to make well informed decisions but can get overwhelmed with stats and figures so most of the time end up going with the flow. I find that Dr. Kort can read people well and tailor his approach to your comfort level.
Dr. Kort made sure to explain what was happening in a way that was easy to understand without being patronizing or dismissive.
I was under a standard stim protocol including subcutaneous injections of Menopur, FSH, and Centrotide.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
RMA was extremely busy when I was doing monitoring, but it always felt like the staff was well organized and I never waiting more than 5-10 minutes for an appointment. The monitoring window was perfect timing fo me to stop by before going into my office.

2020, 6 Eggs Frozen
In terms of patient experience and bedside manner, Dr Kaser was great - I would highly recommend him on those points. This might not have been his fault but it was extremely disappointing for me to retrieve only half of my follicles. In my scan, I had around 20 but only half of them were mature - I'm not sure if medication would have changed the numbers. But now I've only frozen 6...I was given the protocol that's given to 85% of patients my age - follistim and Menopur at night, and 3 days into the treatment, ganirelix in the morning. I had 3 days of birth control, then 2-3 days off (b/c the pharmacy didn't deliver my fertility drugs on time). I injected Lupron as my trigger shot. I had 8 days of injections and retrieved on 10th day. In the scans, I can see about 19 follicles - but in the end, only 9 were mature. I know 2-3 were too big and the rest were too small. I wish I had retrieved about 12.
Strengths [at Reproductive Medicine Associates of Northern California]- always available via app. I really liked that. My insurance was a pain to deal with and they were really kind throughout. They put me on a holding pattern which allowed me to go into my cycle as soon as insurance was cleared...Weakness - not sure if this is the fault of the clinic but it's very expensive. There is no discount for multiple cycles. They charged for scans and bloodwork separately which should be included as part of the treatment plan.
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of Northern California?
In terms of patient experience and bedside manner, Dr Kaser was great - I would highly recommend him on those points. This might not have been his fault but it was extremely disappointing for me to retrieve only half of my follicles. In my scan, I had around 20 but only half of them were mature - I'm not sure if medication would have changed the numbers. But now I've only frozen 6 and if you do the math from that to a live birth, the odds aren't good.
I would ask about specific protocols and whether he would change (increase or decrease, or change altogether) meds mid-treatment. I wondered if that would have either matured more follicles or released more viable eggs for me.
Dr Kaser was caring and patient. He explained everything and answered all of my questions. He was responsive over the app whenever I had questions or concerns. For the daily scans, I saw other doctors too in the clinic, they were equally kind and caring during a stressful and sensitive time.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Northern California.
The nurses were great - they gave me a last-minute injection prep b/c I couldn't make the regular class (due to my cycle start time). They gave really detailed instructions on injections, dosage etc, including sharing videos. They were compassionate, kind and very professional - didn't mind all the questions I had. I would recommend them. All of them had good personalities - made you feel at ease, made me laugh.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
Strengths - always available via app. I really liked that. My insurance was a pain to deal with and they were really kind throughout. They put me on a holding pattern which allowed me to go into my cycle as soon as insurance was cleared. I had started during COVID lock-down so I was able to finish my cycle instead of waiting for the pandemic to pass. Weakness - not sure if this is the fault of the clinic but it's very expensive. There is no discount for multiple cycles. They charged for scans and bloodwork separately which should be included as part of the treatment plan.
It was efficient. I hardly waited but I was given a specific time during the monitoring window, so it was more like an appointment.
My employer provided partial coverage. For the service, it was around $4500 out of pocket and for medication, $1814.
San Francisco

Dr. Kort took time to understand our circumstances and explain next steps in a way that we understood. He helps and works with people so you don’t feel like a number...He has a unique ability and willingness to do real analysis which was so important to us. He remembered and referenced my history and made me feel safe and supported. Dr. Kort's attention to detail is next level. He's an incredibly gifted doctor - smart, patient, thoughtful and responsive...We had an egg retrieval, 2 saline sonohysterograms, hysteroscopy and a frozen embryo transfer. Dr. Kort used the least invasive techniques possible and the results were better, everything was more effective. The procedures and protocols were night and day compared to my previous clinic. He reviewed my medical records in detail and referenced them frequently which was important to us.
We had an egg retrieval, 2 saline sonohysterograms, hysteroscopy and a frozen embryo transfer [at Reproductive Medicine Associates of Northern California]...The nursing staff is smart, kind, efficient and able to answer my questions. They are timely and organized...Monitoring appointments are easy and efficient. The hours are between 7am-9am so folks can get to/from work with minimal distraction. They make it seamless so patients are in and out. Results and next steps are communicated back to patients quickly and clearly.
How was your experience with Jonathan Kort at RMA of Northern California?
I can’t say enough positive things about our experience with Dr. Kort. He has a unique ability and willingness to do real analysis which was so important to us. He remembered and referenced my history and made me feel safe and supported. Dr. Kort's attention to detail is next level. He's an incredibly gifted doctor - smart, patient, thoughtful and responsive.
You're in really good hands and can trust RMA's process. If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask. Dr. Kort and the entire team are helpful and responsive.
When my husband and I relocated to the Bay Area I was anxious about finding a new fertility clinic and restarting our journey in a new city. During this time, Dr. Kort took time to understand our circumstances and explain next steps in a way that we understood. He helps and works with people so you don’t feel like a number.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Northern California.
The nursing staff is smart, kind, efficient and able to answer my questions. They are timely and organized. I loved working with the nursing staff at RMA of Northern California!
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
The experience with Dr. Kort and the entire RMA staff made what is a daunting, challenging and stressful time in someone's life so much easier. A few highlights: 1. Their thoroughness and attention to detail is next level 2. They have 24/7 communication channels available to patients and they’re extremely responsive and thoughtful. 3. The pharmacy service they use makes everything easier. 4. Everyone works together: there are two other doctors at the clinic, both Dr. Morin and Dr. Kaser are as wonderful and detail oriented as Dr. Kort. 5. The facilities are well kept and made me feel calm.
San Francisco

[Dr. Jonathan Kort] recommends single embryo transfer and outlines the reasons why...Kind, compassionate, dedicated, patient, smart, good listener and the list goes on. He took the time to get to know us during our first visit and anytime we met with him or had a call he never rushed us through the conversation and took the time to answer questions. When we didn't have success on our first our second round of IVF I could tell he felt just as disappointed as we were, but was so encouraging that he felt confident we would have success which kept our optimism high.
the entire staff of nurses and front desk [at RMA of Northern California] were amazing throughout the entire process. I always felt like we were the only patient they were treating and have never had such easy access to any doctor I have seen to ask questions through their Spruce app. I was amazed how quickly they would respond to questions or concerns. The staff is incredibly kind and took the time to get to know us during our treatment. I will actually miss seeing all of them!
How was your experience with Jonathan Kort at RMA of Northern California?
Dr Kort is the gold standard for the type of doctor that every patient deserves to have for medical treatment. Kind, compassionate, dedicated, patient, smart, good listener and the list goes on. He took the time to get to know us during our first visit and anytime we met with him or had a call he never rushed us through the conversation and took the time to answer questions. When we didn't have success on our first our second round of IVF I could tell he felt just as disappointed as we were, but was so encouraging that he felt confident we would have success which kept our optimism high. As we headed into our third round he followed up with links to recent research on a new technique we were trying for our third round of IVF where we ended up with a transferable embryo. Everyone should be lucky enough to have a doctor(s) like Dr Kort (and Morin)!
Dr Kort is the best! You are in great hands with a doctor who is truly invested in your success and cares about you.
Dr. Kort (primary doctor), Dr. Morin and the entire staff of nurses and front desk were amazing throughout the entire process. I always felt like we were the only patient they were treating and have never had such easy access to any doctor I have seen to ask questions through their Spruce app. I was amazed how quickly they would respond to questions or concerns. The staff is incredibly kind and took the time to get to know us during our treatment. I will actually miss seeing all of them!
We tried a different protocol for each IVF round based on the results from the previous rounds. The first round we used Gonal, Menopur and Ganirelix and retrieved 11 eggs, 10 mature and 1 made it to blastocyst for genetic testing. The second round we switched to Lupron (morning and evening), Menopur, Gonal with Omnitrope (human growth hormone). We retrieved 15 eggs, 11 mature, 4 made it to blastocyst with all coming back with genetic abnormalities. Our third round we followed a similar protocol to the second round except reduced the dosage of Gonal and we tried a different technique with sperm where we used a second sample an hour after the first sample during the day of my retrieval. We ended up with 15 eggs retrieved, 10 mature and 2 made it to blastocyst. One came back genetically normal which we transferred.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California. (Assigned nurse: Luciana)
Like the doctors at RMA Northern California Luciana and the entire nursing staff is wonderful and kind. They care about your success and are always available for questions. Halle and Zoey make blood draws easy and painless and I have loved getting to know them. I felt like everyone knew my name and was truly invested in my success and was cheering me on!
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
RMA Northern California paid attention to every detail when setting up this clinic. From the best doctors, nurses and staff to a convenient location, great operating hours (7 AM-8:30 AM blood draws/ultrasounds-making it easy to get to work), modern equipment, comforting exam rooms, warm snuggly socks for your retrieval procedures, it doesn't feel like a typical doctors office.
I rarely had to wait more than 15 minutes for my bloodwork and ultrasound. They have an efficient system in place for monitoring appointments which meant I could always get to work in a timely manner.
My insurance covered most of my costs after we met our out-of pocket max including medications. We paid for genetic testing ($1750) for all the embryos we retrieved.
Dr Kort recommends single embryo transfer and outlines the reasons why.

2019, 23 Eggs Frozen
I have PCOS. As such Dr.Kort made sure I was put on the Lupron trigger protocol to mitigate OHSS risk, and lower dosages of hormones. My estrogen did shoot up on day 3, so we lowered dosage accordingly...made sure to follow up with me personally if he sensed I was uncomfortable with something...was a very knowledgeable doctor. He was able to address all my more obscure questions including ovarian tissue freezing, and actually had experience performing such procedure during his time at Stanford. I definitely came out feeling confident in his breath of knowledge, and recency of knowledge, and I cannot say the same for all doctors. Both doctors at RMA also are fairly experienced with the actual retrival procedure, having done over 1000 egg retrievals over time. I felt very confident in Dr.Kort's ability as a doctor.
The nursing staff at RMA was great. Communication was very easy and real time thorugh the Spruce app. Blood draws were always painless and fast...[monitoring] was very convenient. There were monitoring hours but generally it's quite well batched and never too busy such that you have to wait a long time. You can sit comfortably in the waiting room...Strength - service, communication, organization, location, staff. Doctor knowledge and experience. There's not a whole lot of drawbacks. Appointments were easy to schedule and accomodated your own busy schedule. I was always able to pop in before work, and wait time was no more than 15 mins. Weakness - not much. Perhaps if anything, it is located in an liquifaction zone. But you can always move your eggs/embryos to be stored elsewhere.
How was your experience with Jonathan Kort at RMA of Northern California?
Dr.Kort was a very knowledgeable doctor. He was able to address all my more obscure questions including ovarian tissue freezing, and actually had experience performing such procedure during his time at Stanford. I definitely came out feeling confident in his breath of knowledge, and recency of knowledge, and I cannot say the same for all doctors. Both doctors at RMA also are fairly experienced with the actual retrival procedure, having done over 1000 egg retrievals over time. I felt very confident in Dr.Kort's ability as a doctor.
Overall, a great doctor in all aspects - knowledge, communication, and experience.
Dr.Kort made sure to follow up with me personally if he sensed I was uncomfortable with something.
I have PCOS. As such Dr.Kort made sure I was put on the Lupron trigger protocol to mitigate OHSS risk, and lower dosages of hormones. My estrogen did shoot up on day 3, so we lowered dosage accordingly. My complete protocol: day 1 to 3: 1 vial menopur, 225 Gonal F day 4 to 8, 1 vial menopur, 200 Gonal F day 6 to 8, 1 vial menopur, 200 Gonal F, 1 cetrotide Day 9 and 10, 40 Lupron trigger
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
It was very convenient. There were monitoring hours but generally it's quite well batched and never too busy such that you have to wait a long time. You can sit comfortably in the waiting room.
covered under insurance. Unclear what the amount is.
San Francisco

Dr. Morin spent a great deal of time explaining everything, answering my questions and concerns and even researching and reading studies that may apply to my situation. He knew every detail about my case when we spoke and I felt like he was really invested in my success and wellbeing. ... Dr. Morin also closely looked at my past results and adjusted the time of trigger to be earlier - as soon as progesterone started to rise and that cycle resulted in normal embryos!
I really appreciated their [RMA of Northern California] use of the Spruce app for communication. Every question was answered very quickly and I used it to ask questions, schedule appointments and receiving results and instructions. Every staff member was always friendly and kind and I never felt rushed or like I was a bother. ... Luciana and Katherine were my coordinators. They provided all the info I needed for medication ordering, pre procedure prep and post procedure care and answered questions quickly.
How was your experience with Scott Morin at RMA of Northern California?
Dr. Morin spent a great deal of time explaining everything, answering my questions and concerns and even researching and reading studies that may apply to my situation. He knew every detail about my case when we spoke and I felt like he was really invested in my success and wellbeing. He's extremely knowledgeable and well read on the latest studies and methods and equally as compassionate and kind.
Ask questions. Educate yourself about the process so you can work as a team to tackle your specific issues. I really felt that studying alot myself allowed me to have deeper discussions about studies, techniques, protocol etc... and get the most out of my time with Dr. Morin. He was very willing to hear me out, answer questions and debate different options with me.
Every person we encountered at RMA was excellent at their job but they are also all so warm and kind. I never felt rushed, my questions were always answered in a timely manner and I was always greeted with a smile by name.
I did three egg retrieval cycles. The first two were antagonist (Follistim, low dose HCG, Cetrotide) and we got a good number of eggs but 0 normal embryos after PGS testing. After much research and discussion we decided to try a third cycle and changed to Lupron Flare. (Lupron, Follistim, Menopur) and added hgh (omnitrope). Dr. Morin also closely looked at my past results and adjusted the time of trigger to be earlier - as soon as progesterone started to rise and that cycle resulted in normal embryos!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California. (Assigned nurse: Luciana & Katherine)
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
RMA is conveniently located in the financial district near the Embarcadero BART station. The office is new and beautiful. I really appreciated their use of the Spruce app for communication. Every question was answered very quickly and I used it to ask questions, schedule appointments and receiving results and instructions. Every staff member was always friendly and kind and I never felt rushed or like I was a bother.
It was very efficient. I never waited more than 30 minutes but most of the time it was very fast.
Costs were in line with other top clinics in the area.
Strong preference for single embryo transfer
San Francisco

We used an agonist protocol, utlizing menopur and Gonal F, followed by Cetrotide [with Dr. Jonathan Kort]. This resulted in an easy egg retrieval of 31 (!) eggs, 25 of which were mature, 21 fertilized and 9 made it to blast stage for freeze...deeply cared about my personal story, things I'd gone through before I met him and assured me that he'd take good care of me - and did!...He is able to take a joke (super important to me) and knew when to be serious as well. His only opportunity to improve is that during my HSG I felt he was almost TOO candid and then walked it back and 'wanted to double check' with his partner what I think he knew all along, that my remaining tube was blocked. Sometimes I wished that he would wait to be sure to communicate something with me but overall I appreciated his openness.
I appreciated that Dr. Kort and Dr. Morin at RMANorcal always start with eSET, which seemed like the right thing for me...The operating hours (blood draws and ultrasounds from 7:30-8:30a) and ease of getting to RMA Norcal were AMAZING. I could get in and out super easily well before any am meetings. Parking can be a bit tricky in the area but there are a few garages nearby. The clinic is brand spanking new and is state of the art. The rooms are outfitted with tv's and the whole place feels really high end.
How was your experience with Jonathan Kort at RMA of Northern California?
Dr. Kort's strengths include his candid and caring nature. He is able to take a joke (super important to me) and knew when to be serious as well. His only opportunity to improve is that during my HSG I felt he was almost TOO candid and then walked it back and 'wanted to double check' with his partner what I think he knew all along, that my remaining tube was blocked. Sometimes I wished that he would wait to be sure to communicate something with me but overall I appreciated his openness.
Be ready to hear everything and anything in an honest and caring fashion. Expect quick responses and clarity of options.
Dr. Kort deeply cared about my personal story, things I'd gone through before I met him and assured me that he'd take good care of me - and did!
We used an agonist protocol, utlizing menopur and Gonal F, followed by Cetrotide. This resulted in an easy egg retrieval of 31 (!) eggs, 25 of which were mature, 21 fertilized and 9 made it to blast stage for freeze.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California. (Assigned nurse: Luciana )
Luciana and the rest of the staff at RMA Norcal (Special shout out to Halle!!) are amazing. From being greeted at the front desk, to blood draws and Ultrasounds, I was always treated with the utmost respect and care. Everyone knew my name and seemed to be invested in my success. I love them.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
Very little wait times with easy to get to early morning monitoring hours. I was typically in and out in less than 30 minutes.
Egg retrieval was about $12k, and FET was about $4k.
San Francisco

He [Dr. Jonathan Kort] was very patient, showed extreme care, and found the right solutions to our many problems along the way...Here are some treatment strategies and protocols he used: - Complete genetic screening of egg donor and father - Estrogen patches and extra medication for mother's lining development - Surgery to remove polyp - ERA test to detect lining receptiveness - Multiple screenings...
The nursing staff at RMA is excellent across the board. We felt extremely well supported the entire time...They cared for us like nobody else. They were always available, in constant contact, and very attentive to our situation and needs. Their care is extremely customized to the patient’s situation and you feel like you are their top priority all the time. They quickly became part of our extended family, which is very important given how sensitive fertility problems can be.
How was your experience with Jonathan Kort at RMA of Northern California?
Our experience as Dr. Kort’s patients couldn’t have been better. We met with multiple doctors in our journey to get pregnant and he was by far the most dedicated, compassionate, and competent. Our case was complicated and involved many processes, situations, and procedures: egg donation, genetic incompatibility, polyp removal, lining under-development, pre-receptiveness. He was very patient, showed extreme care, and found the right solutions to our many problems along the way.
He is the best and will take great care of you.
Dr. Kort and his staff were always extremely empathetic and treated us with great warm and care. He was always available to discuss our situation and took us step by step through this complicated process. We had a direct line with him and he made us feel like we were his only patients.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California. (Assigned nurse: Luciana Svilpa)
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
Of all the clinics we visited and worked with in the Bay Area (a total of 4), RMA was absolutely the best. They cared for us like nobody else. They were always available, in constant contact, and very attentive to our situation and needs. Their care is extremely customized to the patient’s situation and you feel like you are their top priority all the time. They quickly became part of our extended family, which is very important given how sensitive fertility problems can be.
Dr. Kort explained well the tradeoffs of transferring one versus two embryos and suggested the former, as it would be safer for the baby and the mother.

Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Dr. Kort knew my Cancer condition well before I came in for our initial consultation. He was very thorough and detail oriented. He went over best case scenarios and was gentle with worst case scenarios - he proceeded with much caution. Exceptional bedside manner. Dr. Kort is amazing at communication even when I am not in the office - he uses Spruce to communicate results and updates.
One weakness is that some of them are not well versed about their pricing. My husband and I went in to meet with their [RMA Of Nor Cal] financial navigator and they were not well versed about the egg donor process. ... They are knowledgeable yet make you feel like family. Their strength is that they are caring, and go through lengths to make a connection and establish sound care.
How was your experience with Jonathan Kort at RMA of Northern California?
Go ready to fall in love with his practice. Be ready for an in depth conversation about your condition.
Dr. Kort and his entire staff made me feel safe, validated and heard. Dr. Kort spent a generous amount of time during my initial consultation and Sonogram. He went into details about my condition, was kind and very thorough. His team of Nurses, phlebotomist s and administrative assistants never minimized me or treated me like a number.
Since I will be using an egg donor there were several different protocols. One for me and One for my Egg Donor. I am to undergo several rounds of medication mock cycles - Since I am on HRT - via estrogen patch - this will look somewhat different for me. We are finishing up the legal agreement with our family attorney - once that is finished - we will begin medicated cycles for my Egg donor
Excellent and real time communication - those words best describe the staff. The staff is somewhat small - but are definitely patient centered in their care. Every time I have called, they are cautious as to how I am feeling and to what I need. If I am calling in cheerful and excited, their energy meets me there. If I am calling and sound concerned, they meet me with concern and don't minimize my concern. They are knowledgeable and, if the staff doesn't know they are transparent and give me the confidence that they can get an answer for me. They always let me know at what steps they are and set real time patient expectations
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
The staff is a small staff but they are mighty, I know that sounds cliche. They have this Savvyness about them that you know they will do everything in their power to meet your needs. They are knowledgeable yet make you feel like family. Their strength is that they are caring, and go through lengths to make a connection and establish sound care. One weakness is that some of them are not well versed about their pricing. My husband and I went in to meet with their financial navigator and they were not well versed about the egg donor process.
My care under Doctor Jonathan Kort was several thousand dollars cheaper in comparison to my previous IVF Fertility facility. about $7,000- $10,000 Cheaper.
I am on board and believe that Dr. Kort and his entire staff has our best interest in mind when stating that they only will assist and undergo Elective Single Embryo Transfer. Given my medical history, and to give us a best chance at a healthy, full term pregnancy.
LGBTQ+

IUI With Other Docs
LGBTQ+
Dr. Kort is superb and is so available for all of his patients. He really takes his time to make sure you understand all your options and why he recommends certain treatments over others. He has called me after hours numerous times to queel my anxieties. ... There is no sense of being treated like a number or "just another case" when it comes to working with him. He knows about your case individually and treats you as such.
The clinic [RMA of NoCal] is located in downtown SF right by a BART station, which is great unless you drive there. ... Easy to schedule, easy to communicate, easy to get more information - basically everything I could ask for. ... Because I am doing IVF with PGD there are many extra costs compared to a typical IVF cycle. ... The entire [nurse] team at RMA norcal is easy to talk to and empathetic. Every time I go in I feel comfortable and at ease immediately.
How was your experience with Jonathan Kort at RMA of Northern California?
Dr. Kort is calm, kind, and human. There is no sense of being treated like a number or "just another case" when it comes to working with him. He knows about your case individually and treats you as such.
See Dr. Kort! I trust him implicitly after working with him.
I originally started with doing unmedicated IUI (gay, no access to free sperm), but shortly after found out I have a rare and fatal genetic disease. This news was traumatic in and of itself, but Dr. Kort was right alongside me, clearly and kindly explaining my options for IVF with PGD and making sure I understood what the new plan would be.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California.
The entire team at RMA norcal is easy to talk to and empathetic. Every time I go in I feel comfortable and at ease immediately.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
The clinic is located in downtown SF right by a BART station, which is great unless you drive there. There is basically no parking, so don't try. Other than that I've seen nothing but strengths so far with this clinic. Easy to schedule, easy to communicate, easy to get more information - basically everything I could ask for.
Because I am doing IVF with PGD there are many extra costs compared to a typical IVF cycle. I have no insurance coverage, so a single cycle (PGD probe creation, egg retrieval, meds, ICSI, assisted hatching, embryo biopsy, PGS, PGD, more meds, and FET) will likely be around 20k-25k
Strong preference for single embryo transfer. Will transfer two if you very much want him to, but will never transfer more than two (in my case). I came in thinking I wanted two transferred and he gave me clear and logical information as to why a single transfer may be preferable. We will be going with a single transfer