LGBTQ+ Competent Care
LGBTQ+ Competent Care

Based on reviews from the LGBTQ+ community.

9.7
9.7

LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

Selling medication is not offered

Silicon Valley
1900 University Ave.
East Palo Alto, CA 94303

2019, 17 Eggs Frozen
He had no hesitation in setting up frequent phone conversations and answering questions, and wasn't billing me for this time. ... I felt so reassured and cared for throughout the whole process and never felt like if any point I needed help, that I wouldn't be able to get a hold of Dr. Kort or his partner, Dr. Morin. ... He explained every part of the process, listened to all of my concerns, took time to answer all of my questions thoroughly.
The doctors at RMA seem like they are invested in their patients treatment and want success just as much as you do. ... They seem to really care about the outcome of your treatment, and partner with you to make the whole process as positive as possible. ... She [nurse] was thorough and patient and made me feel confident in giving myself injections. ... The nursing staff on a whole was great, since I was working with many of them throughout the process.
How was your experience with Jonathan Kort at RMA of Northern California?
This was the best patient experience I have ever had. It was not hard to get a hold of Dr. Kort with questions, including when I was doing my injections late at night. He had no hesitation in setting up frequent phone conversations and answering questions, and wasn't billing me for this time. I was hoping to go through the process fairly quickly for insurance reasons and Dr. Kort made sure that he helped with that, as I called to set up a consultation and he was able to get me in that same week. He was respectful and kind in his approach, and would even remember things about me and ask me about them at our next appointment. I felt so reassured and cared for throughout the whole process and never felt like if any point I needed help, that I wouldn't be able to get a hold of Dr. Kort or his partner, Dr. Morin.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jonathan Kort at RMA of Northern California?
I would highly recommend going to RMA to see Dr. Kort if you want to have a seamless process where the doctors treat you with kindness and respect. They seem to really care about the outcome of your treatment, and partner with you to make the whole process as positive as possible.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jonathan Kort at RMA of Northern California?
Dr Kort was so willing to help me through every part of the process. He explained every part of the process, listened to all of my concerns, took time to answer all of my questions thoroughly. We gave me his personal cell phone in case I needed to reach him and wasn't able to otherwise. He would call/text and check in on me throughout the process, and was willing to work around my schedule to make appointments. I can't speak highly enough about Dr. Kort.
Describe the protocols Jonathan Kort used in your cycles at RMA of Northern California and their degree of success.
The medications I used were Follistim and Menopur for about 11 days. My dosage of Follistim and Menopur increased throughout the treatment, because I had a lot of follicles that were just under the size that they needed to be and they wanted them to grow into the 15-22mm range. I used Ganirelix for the last 5 days or so, so that I wouldn't ovulate early, paired with the Follistim and Menopur. I used Novarel and Leuprolide as my trigger shots 36 hours before my procedure. Dr. Kort was able to retreive 20 eggs, and 17 were mature and could be frozen
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California. (Assigned nurse: Luciana Svilpa)
The nursing staff on a whole was great, since I was working with many of them throughout the process. I went in for quite a few appointments at the end to get blood work and ultrasounds and saw the same 4 or 5 nurses throughout that time. They were all extremely kind and calm and helped me to feel calm and reassured. Luciana was the nurse who I worked with primarily, and she trained me to give myself the injections and help explain/train me on any changes to my treatment throughout the process. She was thorough and patient and made me feel confident in giving myself injections. She was quick to respond when I had questions and she made sure I completely understood all parts of the treatment. She also helped me on the day of the procedure by talking me through how the morning would go, helping me get settled and setting up my IV, and answering all my questions. She was warm and helpful and I felt like I was in good hands.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
The doctors at RMA seem like they are invested in their patients treatment and want success just as much as you do. They go above and beyond to make their patients feel safe and cared for. The doctors know that many people are going through a difficult situation and want to make this part of the process as easy as possible so that the fertility treatment doesn't add to the stress. The clinic had two locations, one in San Francisco and one in Palo Alto. This was extremely helpful for me, since I live in San Francisco and commute down to the South Bay, and I could go to either clinic on any given day. This made the whole process so easy for me. I don't have any negative things to say about the clinic.

2023 - 2024, Unsuccessful
I only saw my doctor [Dr. Martha Noel] for initial consult...never saw her again after that. Never even got a phone call from her...We even discussed how this was a pain point at a prior clinic and she assured me it was different at RMA...had no relationship with her...was too busy to call me or attend a single appointment
[RMA of Northern California] is a profit oriented practice that treats patients like cash cows instead of human beings in distress...Nurses often didn't read my messages in the app and incorrectly scheduled me for appointments...finance didn't submit my information correctly. Later learned it could have been covered by insurance
How was your experience with Martha Noel at RMA of Northern California?
I never saw her after initial consult. I had no relationship with her. She was too busy to call me or attend a single appointment. We even discussed how this was a pain point at a prior clinic and she assured me it was different at RMA, that you will see your doctor and have access to them. Unfortunately it wasn't like that. I only saw techs or nurses and the doctor who did my procedure was not my doctor and didn't know enough about my case to answer my questions. I was just a crunch and burn money pit for them. Really crushing.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Martha Noel at RMA of Northern California?
You will never see her. She's not really your doctor, just your account billable.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Martha Noel at RMA of Northern California?
I only saw my doctor for initial consult which was more like a sales pitch. I never saw her again after that. Never even got a phone call from her.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Northern California.
Nurses often didn't read my messages in the app and incorrectly scheduled me for appointments. There was no benefit in having a nurse.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
Sadly, you won't see your doctor ever. You will just be billed through the nose for excessive monitoring that makes the clinic money and does not add anything to your care. This is a profit oriented practice that treats patients like cash cows instead of human beings in distress.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Martha Noel at RMA of Northern California.
I paid cash because finance didn't submit my information correctly. Later learned it could have been covered by insurance. Pretty expensive mistake.
Describe Martha Noel's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Northern California.
Never got that far
What specific things went wrong at RMA of Northern California?
Martha Noel

2021 - 2022, Successful
I’ll sum up our experience in 3 points: 1) Dr Morin’s bedside manner, ability to go at our pace, and knowledgeable advice at the right time is unmatched. 2) The communication from the clinic through the app day and night was always consistent and so helpful during moments where we felt uneasy. 3) RMAs approach to medicine is so worth exploring...
[nursing staff at RMA of Northern California] Fantastic! Supportive. Genuinely rooting for us!...Spa like space. So clean. Barely ever behind on appointments. Their app made it so easy to communicate. The billing and administrative steps went without a hitch. Truly a 10/10 experience all around...Dr Morin and the RMA team truly carried the burden for us...
How was your experience with Scott Morin at RMA of Northern California?
I’m 27 weeks pregnant and a week hasn’t gone by that my husband and I don’t reminisce or compliment our experience with Dr Morin and RMA. Infertility is a hard journey, but Dr Morin and the RMA team truly carried the burden for us. The medication process was unlike any other and their more natural approach helped make our journey a bearable one. I’ll sum up our experience in 3 points: 1) Dr Morin’s bedside manner, ability to go at our pace, and knowledgeable advice at the right time is unmatched. 2) The communication from the clinic through the app day and night was always consistent and so helpful during moments where we felt uneasy. 3) RMAs approach to medicine is so worth exploring. Trust me. If it works for your body to use the vaginal suppositories instead of the progesterone shots - it’s a game changer. We will never not use Dr Morin and RMA for future pregnancies and truly look forward to that day. Thank you to the entire RMA team!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Scott Morin at RMA of Northern California?
DON’T THINK, JUST CHOOSE DR MORIN!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Scott Morin at RMA of Northern California?
Dr Morin was always willing to meet us where we were in our journey. We catered our plan specific to our needs and he provided insightful advice along the way.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Northern California.
Fantastic! Supportive. Genuinely rooting for us!
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Morin at RMA of Northern California.
San Francisco

He [Dr. Scott Morin] was the kindest and most candid of all the doctors. He managed to set realistic expectations while educating us kindly thoughtful the whole process. It's clear Dr. Morin is passionate and extremely knowledgeable with a huge heart...when my second egg transplant failed he decided to do a biopsy is my uterus before transferring our third and last egg. According to the biopsy he was able to adjust the timing of the next transfer better and we got pregnant with the most perfect baby we could have ever imagined.
Everything was beautiful, clean, organized, and functional [at RMA of Northern California]. I was very impressed by their equipment and in house lab as well. The parking was a bit difficult at times but generally conveniently located...Everyone was extremely friendly from start to finish at every single appointment and took genuine interest in my well-being...He [Dr. Scott Morin] will always explain thoroughly in a way you'll understand
How was your experience with Scott Morin at RMA of Northern California?
We had been treated at a different clinic and consulted with another one prior to coming to Dr. Morin. He was highly recommended by a friend who had been under his care and sure enough he met and exceeded all of our expectations. He was the kindest and most candid of all the doctors. He managed to set realistic expectations while educating us kindly thoughtful the whole process. It's clear Dr. Morin is passionate and extremely knowledgeable with a huge heart.
Don't be shy to ask questions. He will always explain thoroughly in a way you'll understand
Describe the protocols Scott Morin used in your cycles at RMA of Northern California and their degree of success.
The most significant strategy used which I don't think would have been done by anyone else is that when my second egg transplant failed he decided to do a biopsy is my uterus before transferring our third and last egg. According to the biopsy he was able to adjust the timing of the next transfer better and we got pregnant with the most perfect baby we could have ever imagined.
The friendliest smiles at 6:45am!😁
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
Everything was beautiful, clean, organized, and functional. I was very impressed by their equipment and in house lab as well. The parking was a bit difficult at times but generally conveniently located
I don't recall exactly but he did offer us a better rate than other clinics and a discount on the second round

2020, Unknown Success
IUI With Other Docs
Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. Kaser is genuinely compassionate. He is not just a good doctor but a very decent human. A lot of doctors are good but only a few are naturally empathetic. He also does not have an ego and listens to the patient and assess their comfort level before blindly recommending tretments. He is super flexible, alters the treatments depending on how you respond...Most doctors are talented but only a few can put people at ease and make them.feel heard. Dr. Kaser has that ability naturally.
The clinic [RMA of Northern California] has 3 doctors. A patient will be routinely seen by all 3 for their u/s and even the retrieval procedures. My primary communication was with Dr.Kaser but the other two were also good. The biggest plus is their spruce texting app. It is so easy to reach the doctors in this clinic, all it takes is a single text and you get a response immediately...Had different nurses. All were good and quick. I really liked that i didnt have to wait too long for my blood works or ultrasounds.
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of Northern California?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Kaser at RMA of Northern California?
None actually.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Kaser at RMA of Northern California?
Dr. Kaser is very compassionate. He cares and it shows. Any illness is hard, especially infertility. It is definitely good to have a caring doctor. Most doctors are talented but only a few can put people at ease and make them.feel heard. Dr. Kaser has that ability naturally.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
The clinic has 3 doctors. A patient will be routinely seen by all 3 for their u/s and even the retrieval procedures. My primary communication was with Dr.Kaser but the other two were also good. The biggest plus is their spruce texting app. It is so easy to reach the doctors in this clinic, all it takes is a single text and you get a response immediately. It was very hard for me to reach my doctor in my other clinics. Here there is complete access to the doctors, which is amazing.
Describe Daniel Kaser's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Northern California.
Have not reached that stage yet.

2019 - 2020, 25 Eggs Frozen
It can be a nerve-racking process but he [Dr. Scott Morin] made you feel comfortable and communicated well in-person, on the phone, or via the Spruce app...Given I wasn't ovulating (hadn't had my period in +3 years), my body was taking awhile to warm up to the medicine so each day they provided an update what I should do. They gave me advance heads up if I need to order more medicine, etc.
[RMA of Northern California] Strengths: compassionate, empathetic, smart, understanding, well spoken, made you feel comfortable all the time. Weaknesses: I would have liked more of a heads up when I needed to order more medicine at times it was a late decision and I had to make a run into the office for them to give me more...$12,000 for first round including medicine, visits, procedure (EVERYTHING). 2nd round you received 10% off.
How was your experience with Scott Morin at RMA of Northern California?
Strengths: empathetic, smart, answers your questions, clear/concise with process/expectations, always available. It can be a nerve-racking process but he made you feel comfortable and communicated well in-person, on the phone, or via the Spruce app.
Definitely see him.
Scott and the other doctors were absolutely amazing. So sweet, understanding, empathetic and spent real time with you to answer any questions whenever you needed.
Scott and the nurses were always transparent with strategy/rationale. Given I wasn't ovulating (hadn't had my period in +3 years), my body was taking awhile to warm up to the medicine so each day they provided an update what I should do. They gave me advance heads up if I need to order more medicine, etc.
Sweet, compassionate, understanding
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of Northern California.
During the week, the wait wasn't long. However, on the weekends -- the waits were some times MUCH longer because Palo Alto office was closed or some issue with building security. Once I waited almost 2 hours.
$12,000 for first round including medicine, visits, procedure (EVERYTHING). 2nd round you received 10% off. My insurance didn't cover much.
San Francisco

Dr. Kort is extremely personable, friendly, helpful, an insightful. He's always available to answer questions and is quick to respond with thorough and clear explanations. He's thoughtful, empathetic and by far the most supportive doctor we've worked with throughout this process. ... He's been extremely informative in counseling us through the process, acting as an invaluable educator and sounding board for each decision along the way. He's friendly, warm, personable, and extremely knowledgeable about his practice.
I absolutely loved the attentiveness and warmth of care at RMA. Having done our prior cycles at UCSF, it was an amazing shift going from what felt like one of thousands of patients in a machine to a clinic that was extremely focused on our experience. ... Luciana [nurse] is wonderful. She's kind, quickly responsive, compassionate and great at explaining the process. We were in great hands with Luciana.
How was your experience with Jonathan Kort at RMA of Northern California?
I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Dr. Kort. He's been extremely informative in counseling us through the process, acting as an invaluable educator and sounding board for each decision along the way. He's friendly, warm, personable, and extremely knowledgeable about his practice. My wife and I trust him immensely and would recommend him and his practice highly.
Be open and honest, you're in great hands!
Luciana is wonderful. She's kind, quickly responsive, compassionate and great at explaining the process. We were in great hands with Luciana.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
I absolutely loved the attentiveness and warmth of care at RMA. Having done our prior cycles at UCSF, it was an amazing shift going from what felt like one of thousands of patients in a machine to a clinic that was extremely focused on our experience. It was amazing how much time we had with Dr. Kort, who was constantly in contact with us and available for questions. The whole staff was impressively accessible, informative, and compassionate.

2018, 10 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Morin spoke to me like a human being. He explained medical terms in simple terms for me to understand. He was at all appointments every single time. While ultrasounds can be uncomfortable, he made the process much smoother by sparking up conversations....Dr. Morin works out of another RMA location in Palo Alto for monitoring making it easy for others outside SF....Dr. Scott Morin and the team were great. I did not feel like I was rushed in any way. The staff and the doctors answered my all my questions without me feeling like I was dumb
The clinic [RMA - SF] is new but don't let that deceive you...Everyone was super friendly and responsive. They were always available. They remembered my name and the chats we had previously. I was able to schedule follow up appointments with ease....the team were great. I did not feel like I was rushed in any way. The staff and the doctors answered my all my questions without me feeling like I was dumb. The nurse there was available to me outside of clinic hours which is rare for clinics.
How was your experience with Scott Morin at RMA of Northern California?
Dr. Scott Morin and the team were great. I did not feel like I was rushed in any way. The staff and the doctors answered my all my questions without me feeling like I was dumb. The nurse there was available to me outside of clinic hours which is rare for clinics.
When I started injections to the trigger shots, ultrasounds were performed almost every day to see how my body is reacting to the meds. Likely, I responded well and doses were lowered each day.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
The clinic is new but don't let that deceive you. They're located in the middle of downtown SF which is super convenient for me. My office is a 10 minute walk away. If you're driving -- good luck with the city traffic. Luckily, I took the train in everyday for my appointments with not issues.
I only had $350 for an initial consult and the $7999 for Egg Freezing cycle.
Describe Scott Morin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Northern California.
no comment as that did not apply to me.

2023, Successful
The [RMA of Northern California] nurses and front desk always soo nice and welcoming. Didn’t feel like a clinic which was very nice. Even if you run late they never turned you away. They don’t just tell you what you want to hear and they really work with you...Dr Shapiro always welcomed me and was always really honest about what was going to happen with every step that I went through. She always had great bedside manner. She had a very warm demeanor. She was very thorough with explanations as to what was going in medically in a way that made me understand. She was always willing to answer questions. She was present at all my appointments
How was your experience with Alice Shapiro at RMA of Northern California?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alice Shapiro at RMA of Northern California?
Don’t be afraid to ask any questions, even if you think they are silly. She will answer honestly.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alice Shapiro at RMA of Northern California?
Dr Shapiro always listened to my concerns and was always available to to talk to me
Describe the protocols Alice Shapiro used in your cycles at RMA of Northern California and their degree of success.
She decided that I would do a more natural cycle because my body reacted to the estrogen so I was on progesterone (insert) 3 times a day. my body didn’t over react to that. She also suggested we do a hyperscopy to remove the polyps and make sure they weren’t anything serious.
Very welcoming
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
The nurses and front desk always soo nice and welcoming. Didn’t feel like a clinic which was very nice. Even if you run late they never turned you away. They don’t just tell you what you want to hear and they really work with you
2023, Successful
Alice was a great doctor. She truly was amazing the whole way! Very professional and very respectful. She was very patient with us and always answered all of our silly questions at any given time. She’s the best...She did every test to make sure my body was ready for the embryo transfer...She was very patient with us and always answered any questions we had at any given time. She truly cares for her patients.
The [RMA of Northern California] clinic from my experience had no weaknesses. They were all great and professional! Made me feel like family every time I came in. Answered questions at any given time and always had medication for me whenever my medication didn’t arrive on time...The nursing staff were very professional and caring. Took care of all my needs at all times...Alice [Shaprio] was a great doctor. She truly was amazing the whole way! Very professional and very respectful. She was very patient with us and always answered all of our silly questions at any given time. She’s the best!
How was your experience with Alice Shapiro at RMA of Northern California?
Alice was a great doctor. She truly was amazing the whole way! Very professional and very respectful. She was very patient with us and always answered all of our silly questions at any given time. She’s the best!
That she is the best and professional doctor that I’ve dealt with.
She did every test to make sure my body was ready for the embryo transfer,
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
The clinic from my experience had no weaknesses. They were all great and professional! Made me feel like family every time I came in. Answered questions at any given time and always had medication for me whenever my medication didn’t arrive on time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alice Shapiro at RMA of Northern California.
Don’t remember the total amount since insurance covered a big portion of it.
Describe Alice Shapiro's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Northern California.
We had one embryo transfer and have 2 more embryos saved for our next round after I give birth.

2021, 30 Eggs Frozen
Dr Morin is very knowledgeable and trustworthy. We feel well informed and safe during the process...I definitely the great result was due to Dr Morin timing the medication well - whether to go on for 1 more day of medication to get more mature eggs...I reacted very well to the medication and used only Lupron as trigger. I went on medication for 9 days. Starting from the 5th day I got the medication that prevents early ovulation...
[RMA of Northern California is] Nice clean modern clinic. Very good facility. Top notch lab! Easy to get to. I definitely have more confidence in the clinic because of how nice the place is...initial consultation + lab tests cost + 7999 for egg freezing...Liz [nurse] is wonderful. She's warm and answers questions promptly....
How was your experience with Scott Morin at RMA of Northern California?
Dr Morin is very knowledgeable and trustworthy. We feel well informed and safe during the process. My case was pretty simple so there was not a lot to describe. But I definitely the great result was due to Dr Morin timing the medication well - whether to go on for 1 more day of medication to get more mature eggs.
Ask a lot of questions to get educated.
Dr Morin is very knowledgeable and patiently answered all the questions. We did not feel rushed into anything.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California. (Assigned nurse: Liz)
Liz is wonderful. She's warm and answers questions promptly.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
Nice clean modern clinic. Very good facility. Top notch lab! Easy to get to. I definitely have more confidence in the clinic because of how nice the place is. [don't understand why FertilityIQ had to make me write at least 200 characters.]
initial consultation + lab tests cost + 7999 for egg freezing

2020 - 2021, Successful
You are in great hands...Dr. Kaser is the most compassionate, patient, warm and supportive physician I have ever met and I have been seen by a lot of physicians in my life. He never made us feel rushed and we never felt like just another couple trying to conceive. He is incredibly empathetic and we felt seen. I have anxiety and I ask a lot of questions, some of them are silly and redundant but he answered every one of them to my satisfaction. We felt we were in great hands.
$50,000 for two retrievals, one transfer and one surgical procedure not related to retrievals [at RMA of Northern California]...The clinic is run very well and everyone from the front desk to the physicians are very compassionate and kind. Everyone knew my name and I felt like I was part of a big family...Dr. Kaser does not do multiple embryo transfer.
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of Northern California?
He is warm, compassionate, empathetic, supportive and a stellar physician. He is awesome and made us felt taken care of. He held our hands through a very unpredictable and grueling process of infertility treatment. He was quick to respond to our messages through Spruce and made himself accessible.
You are going to love him! You are in great hands!
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
RMA is the leading research based fertility clinic with the highest delivery rates for any age group. The clinic is run very well and everyone from the front desk to the physicians are very compassionate and kind. Everyone knew my name and I felt like I was part of a big family.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Kaser at RMA of Northern California.
$50,000 for two retrievals, one transfer and one surgical procedure not related to retrievals.
Dr. Kaser does not do multiple embryo transfer.
San Francisco

As far as I can tell, Dr. Kort is using the latest strategies and protocols as recommended by SART. We did IVF with an egg donor. Dr. Kort reviewed our donor thoroughly and provided recommendations to increase outcome. We transferred a single embryo and had a fantastic result!...was always familiar with our case when we visited. He was very transparent, kind and encouraging with our treatment...is very knowledgeable about fertility. He was very thorough in reviewing our egg donor and made great suggestions leading up to the transfer. He has a great demeanor and we were always very excited to meet with him.
We did our appointments in the Palo Alto office [of Reproductive Medicine Associates of Northern California]. The office was very warm and clean. Bottled water and snacks are available as well. We were always greeted when we walked in and the doctor always saw us on time. They take blood samples on-site which was very convenient...[the nurse] Was very prompt in provided instructions and information. Very responsive to questions.
How was your experience with Jonathan Kort at RMA of Northern California?
Dr. Kort is very knowledgeable about fertility. He was very thorough in reviewing our egg donor and made great suggestions leading up to the transfer. He has a great demeanor and we were always very excited to meet with him.
Ask questions! Dr. Kort is very helpful in answering all questions so make sure to ask.
Dr. Kort was always familiar with our case when we visited. He was very transparent, kind and encouraging with our treatment.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
We did our appointments in the Palo Alto office. The office was very warm and clean. Bottled water and snacks are available as well. We were always greeted when we walked in and the doctor always saw us on time. They take blood samples on-site which was very convenient.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jonathan Kort at RMA of Northern California.
I believe the cost was $20,000 plus separate donor fees.
Describe Jonathan Kort's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Northern California.
We did eSET based on age as recommended by Dr. Kort. We thought this was an excellent choice as well.
LGBTQ+

2021, Successful
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
LGBTQ+
Dr Kaiser helped us through the process of creating embryos to freeze for a gestational carrier. He was very helpful and exceeded expectations with how accessible he was with communication. He was also very familiar with the process for two gay men creating a family and made us feel at ease...Took time to explain processes with us.
The [RMA of Northern California] clinic was very clean and welcoming. The rooms for collection were clean and well kept. The blood donation area could have more comfortable seating. The donation chairs were very upright and felt a little precarious for someone who feints with donating blood...The nurses were very compassionate when I gave blood and started to feint. They were very responsive and prepared for the situation and made me feel safe.
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of Northern California?
Took time to explain processes with us.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
The clinic was very clean and welcoming. The rooms for collection were clean and well kept. The blood donation area could have more comfortable seating. The donation chairs were very upright and felt a little precarious for someone who feints with donating blood.

2019, Consult
1 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. Kort sat down with me for almost an hour and reviewed my treatment plan and answered all the questions in the world. It was amazing. He was thoughtful, incredibly smart, and kind...It was so easy to schedule, he made himself available for personal contact and questions after the consult, and I can't wait to work with him more. (And seriously, who can say that about IVF?)...Doctors make it super easy to reach them, and you actually reach THEM and not a generic hotline/email.
Scheduling is very easy [at RMA of Northern California]. Front desk is very responsive and helpful. Parking is easy. Doctors make it super easy to reach them, and you actually reach THEM and not a generic hotline/email. No weaknesses come to mind! Everyone has been very kind, and I look forward to working with them more...Nurses were very kind and engaging. I loved visiting with them. Blood draws were quick, painless, and timely.
How was your experience with Jonathan Kort at RMA of Northern California?
I've recommended him already to my other three friends doing IVF right now. It was so easy to schedule, he made himself available for personal contact and questions after the consult, and I can't wait to work with him more. (And seriously, who can say that about IVF?)
You're so lucky! Relax and he'll take care of the rest!
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
Scheduling is very easy. Front desk is very responsive and helpful. Parking is easy. Doctors make it super easy to reach them, and you actually reach THEM and not a generic hotline/email. No weaknesses come to mind! Everyone has been very kind, and I look forward to working with them more.

2023, Unsuccessful
Dr. Shapiro's strengths include her response time and ability to use technology like the Spruce application that RMA NorCal uses to communicate with you - but they end there...She is not a proactive doctor who will respect your timeline for conception and is disinterested in developing a plan specific to your needs, timeline, and concerns. She will continue to point to your lab work, your ultrasounds, and age as reasons to push off exploring IVF, IUI, hormonal treatments, etc. Unless you are ok trying for multiple years and doing things exactly by the book (try unassisted for 6 months if you are 35+, try unassisted for 12 months if you are under 35) even though you have your own data that there may be underlying issues - I would strongly NOT recommend this doctor.
The [RMA of Northern California] clinic's only strength is that they use the Spruce app. They are otherwise difficult to reach, have long waits for tests, and keep all of your results private. If you want to see any of your test results you have to fill out a release form for each test and then they send them to you individually as a message...The nurses who drew my blood were excellent...When I ended our engagement with RMA NorCal, it took them over two weeks to send me all of my test results because the nursing staff "was with patients." Complete disregard for me, who is also a patient.
How was your experience with Alice Shapiro at RMA of Northern California?
Dr. Shapiro's strengths include her response time and ability to use technology like the Spruce application that RMA NorCal uses to communicate with you - but they end there. In our initial consultation I explained that we would like 3 biological children, before age 38 to avoid any complications with geriatric pregnancies. I'm 33 and have had 3 anovulatory cycles after trying for 5 months - which I only discovered on my own using an ovulation predictor kit after the first 2 months of trying (having sex every other day, taking supplements, leading a healthy lifestyle etc.) were unsuccessful. Even with this information, Dr. Shapiro was disinterested in speaking with us, developing a plan, and told us to "keep trying for at least 12 months before taking any additional steps" but if we wanted to continue running tests with the clinic we could.
Simply, do not see Dr. Shapiro. She is not a proactive doctor who will respect your timeline for conception and is disinterested in developing a plan specific to your needs, timeline, and concerns. She will continue to point to your lab work, your ultrasounds, and age as reasons to push off exploring IVF, IUI, hormonal treatments, etc. Unless you are ok trying for multiple years and doing things exactly by the book (try unassisted for 6 months if you are 35+, try unassisted for 12 months if you are under 35) even though you have your own data that there may be underlying issues - I would strongly NOT recommend this doctor.
Dr. Shapiro consistently dismissed concerns or questions I had by saying that I my ultrasound and blood work were "within normal ranges." She reiterated my age, how many months we had been trying, and my hormone values as reasons to not pursue any planning or proactive measures. To me, this demonstrated she was very clearly stack ranking me against numbers and statistics for what is normal - and would not engage in any planning or additional conversations around why I wasn't getting pregnant because I did not demonstrate any "abnormal" numbers vs. getting curious to investigate why I wasn't getting pregnant or discussing options with me that we could start to look into.
Dr. Shapiro ran LH, E2 (estradiol), and TSH blood work as part of the standard baseline protocol. However, I've now come to learn that that was not even a full panel as she left out FSH, Progesterone, T4, prolactin, HGH, Estrogen, DHEA Sulfate, Vitamin D, folic acid, testosterone, and cortisol; and didn't measure my baseline or continued values in a way that would determine if I was ovulating regularly. I had to ask for an ovulation confirmation ultrasound, and she mindlessly scheduled it for her next free available date - vs. speaking with me about the length of my cycles and mapping out a schedule for when I should come in to best check for ovulation. This led to a few mindlessly run tests that were inconclusive because she didn't care to run them on a specific date based on my personal cycle history.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Northern California.
The nurses who drew my blood were excellent. However, the main nurse - Sabrina, who was responsible for coordinating my care was as clueless and disinterested as Dr. Shapiro. She knew that my husband and I had already had a full 500 gene screen done outside of RMA Norcal, but made us both do another full 500 gene screen panel. My husband's results came back before mine, and she made me schedule a GeneScreen appointment for us to review next steps. This obviously makes no sense because I had not gotten my results back yet so there was nothing to discuss. When I mentioned this to her, her response was "You're right - you should wait until your full panel comes back also. Apologies for the confusion." If you aren't someone who is experienced in WHY you'd have a gene consultation in the first place, you would have wasted time with a carrier consult. She was incredibly disorganized and also not interested in helping me create a care plan. When I ended our engagement with RMA NorCal, it took them over two weeks to send me all of my test results because the nursing staff "was with patients." Complete disregard for me, who is also a patient.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
The clinic's only strength is that they use the Spruce app. They are otherwise difficult to reach, have long waits for tests, and keep all of your results private. If you want to see any of your test results you have to fill out a release form for each test and then they send them to you individually as a message. There are no patient portals or platforms where you can see all your appointments, agendas from each appointment, test results, or scheduled tests - so you will need to keep track of all of your appointments (past and future), tests / labs and dates, completely on your own. You also need to follow up proactively on the status of the tests as there is a bit of a lag in turn around time that would honestly be faster if you just requested the blood work on your own.
We spent roughly $2,000 with insurance for appointments and testing over the course of 3 appointments, and 6 tests.
We did not get to the point where we discussed my egg quality, harvesting, IVF, IUI, or embryo transfer because "We had not been trying for a full year." However, she made an off-handed comment about the "thinness" of my uterine lining and when I asked how that might impact an egg's ability to implant her response was "not to worry about that."
What specific things went wrong at RMA of Northern California?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Northern California.
I've mentioned all of the specifics in the previous section but ultimately i had many tests run with no specific strategy in mind and then those results were all hidden from me, which I had to request on an individual basis after the fact. None of my ultrasound imaging was provided and is still missing.
San Francisco

[Dr. Jonathan Kort] explains things clearly and takes time with patients. During the treatment cycle he is very responsive about medication questions using their online App...Treated with compassion and patience...If you have low ovarian reserve be patient and ask a lot of questions...Certainly a very Good doctor for fertility treatment
[RMA of Northern California] have an app and can communicate any time. They are very responsive regarding ongoing treatment medication questions. New state of the art facilities. Convenient location. 3 doctors who cover for each other as needed. Weakness: they are a new clinic so they lack data on success rates...They [nursing staff] seem to work in a team and all share responsibilities for patients...Sherelle and Halley were my absolute favorites
How was your experience with Jonathan Kort at RMA of Northern California?
He explains things clearly and takes time with patients. During the treatment cycle he is very responsive about medication questions using their online App. Certainly a very Good doctor for fertility treatment
If you have low ovarian reserve be patient and ask a lot of questions. There are options to change things in successive cycles that may I crease your chances of getting viable embryos.
Treated with compassion and patience. He answered all of my questions quickly and with appropriate care and context.
1) antagonist - New patient, try most common protocol and see what happens. 6 eggs retrieved, 5 were mature, 5 fertilized, 1 blastocyst but abnormal after PGS test. Failed cycle. 2) “Flare” protocol w/growth hormone and sperm selection chip - due to diminished ovarian reserve and my age (39). 6 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized, zero blastocysts. Failed cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California. (Assigned nurse: Katherine Ford)
My nurse was a great communicator. I saw the rest of the staff more frequently. They seem to work in a team and all share responsibilities for patients. I got to know several nurses and all of them were very kind, knowledgeable and made me feel like they exemplified the highest standard of care and competence. Sherelle and Halley were my absolute favorites.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
They have an app and can communicate any time. They are very responsive regarding ongoing treatment medication questions. New state of the art facilities. Convenient location. 3 doctors who cover for each other as needed. Weakness: they are a new clinic so they lack data on success rates.
IVF package including Additional services like ICSI, assisted hatching, embryo biopsy, embryo freezing totaled (not including transfer or meds) was $14,650. Including meds, grand total was ~$20,000 per cycle. Our insurance covered ~$12,000/cycle. We paid ~$8,000/cycle out-of-pocket all in.

2023, Unsuccessful
We met with Dr Shapiro once or twice and she handled the communication of the end results. Unfortunately, we ended up with 0 frozen embryos from ~16eggs - an unpleasant and unexpected result. Our main issue is that we didn't get an explanation on the result: we were asking why / what went wrong and we were being told numbers and percentages of failures...Don't expect transparency of the embryology lab through her.
We were satisfied with our physical visits there [RMA of Norther California] We are displeased with the laboratory results and the statistical improbability we suffered. Ending up with 0 embryos from 16 eggs was very frustrating; no clear diagnosis was given and we had consistently below expected success rates at every step...No complaints on the nursing staff...No issues on billing whatsoever
How was your experience with Alice Shapiro at RMA of Northern California?
Don't expect transparency of the embryology lab through her.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Northern California.
No complaints on the nursing staff.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
We were satisfied with our physical visits there. We are displeased with the laboratory results and the statistical improbability we suffered. Ending up with 0 embryos from 16 eggs was very frustrating; no clear diagnosis was given and we had consistently below expected success rates at every step. we didn't understand precisely why, their explanation being that it happens sometimes. Another issue we had was with the re-biopsy scheduling: we had 1 frozen embryo with no sufficient data from the PGT test, so had to re-biopsy it; it took the laboratory 2 weeks to get to it, thaw it, only to then _disintegrate_. Again, we don't have visibility in the laboratory as to why it took so long to re-test.
No issues on billing whatsoever. They took insurance and handled it and paying copay is straightforward online.
San Francisco

Dr. Kort is an amazing professional. We felt extremely well taken care off by him...empathetic, and extremely communicative. All the qualities you want in your fertility doctor...is accommodating and is invested in the success of each patient. I always felt like I was the most important person in his care, even though he has seen many many patients on a daily basis. I really appreciate the transparency and ability to have 24/7 access to him and his staff. No questions were left unanswered during the time we were in his care.
[RMA has an] Amazing location if you live in SF. Superb access to public transportation and very convenient ultrasound hours (6-8am). Staff is very accommodating and I almost never waited for more than 20m. The clinic is new with modern design and amenities...Amazing!!! Such an outstanding team - the best I’ve ever encountered in the medical field. Very empathetic and compassionate...Standard protocol with egg retrieval. I went on vacation 3-days after retrieval with almost no down-time. We did pre-transfer ultrasound that resulted in extra procedure that pushed back transfer day by a week. Standard pre-transfer treatment with subsequent regime after confirmed pregnancy.
How was your experience with Jonathan Kort at RMA of Northern California?
Dr. Kort is accommodating and is invested in the success of each patient. I always felt like I was the most important person in his care, even though he has seen many many patients on a daily basis. I really appreciate the transparency and ability to have 24/7 access to him and his staff. No questions were left unanswered during the time we were in his care.
Trust the process and don’t hesitate to ask questions.
Dr. Kort is an amazing professional. We felt extremely well taken care off by him and clinic’s staff. He is carrying, empathetic, and extremely communicative. All the qualities you want in your fertility doctor.

2023 - 2024, Unknown Success
[Dr. Martha Noel] is she kind, and has the warmest bedside manner, but she also explains the research behind protocols she suggests in a way that doesn't go over my head...felt cared for while in treatment during my first cycle...so thoughtful about seeing each patient individually
RMA [of Northern California] is an organized, welcoming environment...always felt like a patient, and not a number...front desk staff specifically in San Francisco (Brittany and Ruby) are really wonderful...always greeted me with a smile...seemed to really care about how I was doing.
How was your experience with Martha Noel at RMA of Northern California?
Dr. Noel is the only provider I could imagine walking me through a process like this - not only is she kind, and has the warmest bedside manner, but she also explains the research behind protocols she suggests in a way that doesn't go over my head. This experience can be so overwhelming and daunting, but I always felt like she was in my corner and really cared about how I was feeling throughout the cycle.
Dr. Noel is so thoughtful about seeing each patient individually. I really felt cared for while in treatment during my first cycle with her, and knew that I could ask her anything. She has a way of explaining things that is really special and easy to understand, which is so important when going through this process.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
RMA is an organized, welcoming environment and I always felt like a patient, and not a number walking in to my appointments. The front desk staff specifically in San Francisco (Brittany and Ruby) are really wonderful and always greeted me with a smile and seemed to really care about how I was doing.
Martha Noel

2020, Consult
I have only consulted with [Dr. Morin], but during that time he made me feel "heard" and acknowledged the struggles I have been through so far, especially during this difficult time. He was able to give me his medical opinion, but made it clear that it is my body and my choice for the next steps. He seems that he wants to get to the root of the problem, not just push me in one direction...after meeting with several other doctors, I feel Dr. Marin shows compassion and talks to me like an equal. He considers my thoughts and opinions and takes them into consideration. I feel like he really cares and wants the best options for his patients.
So far the clinic [Reproductive Medicine Associates of Northern California] seems very organized and the nursing staff is friendly, helpful and kind...I am still very new to this clinic, but based on what I've experienced everyone is organized and caring. Given the circumstances during, everyone I've spoken with has made me feel safe and supportive...I have only consulted with [Dr. Morin] but during that time he made me feel "heard" and acknowledged the struggles I have been through so far, especially during this difficult time. He was able to give me his medical opinion, but made it clear that it is my body and my choice for the next steps. He seems
How was your experience with Scott Morin at RMA of Northern California?
I am still new to the clinic, but after meeting with several other doctors, I feel Dr. Marin shows compassion and talks to me like an equal. He considers my thoughts and opinions and takes them into consideration. I feel like he really cares and wants the best options for his patients.
I would say always have questions and ask them! Dr. Marin will listen and address all your concerns.
I have only consulted with Dr. Marin, but during that time he made me feel "heard" and acknowledged the struggles I have been through so far, especially during this difficult time. He was able to give me his medical opinion, but made it clear that it is my body and my choice for the next steps. He seems that he wants to get to the root of the problem, not just push me in one direction.
Not available at this time
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Northern California.
So far the clinic seems very organized and the nursing staff is friendly, helpful and kind.

2022 - 2023, Successful
Dr Kort is incredible. He listened to every detail of my previous fertility struggles and together we created a solid plan tailored to my specific needs. he is so warm, calm, compassionate and professional...Endometriosis, he had me do two months of Lupron ahead of my transfer....felt immediately at ease, respected, and cared
RMA Norcal was really good with communication -- both via the phone and the Spruce App. I never felt like cattle in the waiting room like I did in my two previous clinics. The nurses were warm and knowledgeable. The finance team was helpful.
How was your experience with Jonathan Kort at RMA of Northern California?
I was going to move towards egg donor, but Dr Kort advised we try a couple more cycles. SO glad we did as I now have a one month old son with my own egg!
After frustrations with two previous clinics, I felt immediately at ease, respected, and cared for by Dr Kort.
Because of my Endometriosis, he had me do two months of Lupron ahead of my transfer. The side effects were difficult but we were successful.
2022, Successful
Dr. Kaser gave all the attention to my partner and I, making sure all the questions we had were answered, and taking calls or seeing us in person whenever requested. He really cared about our treatment outcome, delivering both good and bad news with the same level of compassion. We were lucky to have him do the transfer, which resulted in a positive outcome. We are now on our 2nd trimester, and cannot wait to meet our little guy. Dr. Kaser made the whole difference.
[RMA of Northern California is a] Busy clinic, but they manage well! We were always able to get appointments when needed, with quite reasonable wait times. There was no difference in which doctor or nurse we were seen by - they were all very professional, knowledgeable, and attentive...We are now on our 2nd trimester, and cannot wait to meet our little guy. Dr. Kaser made the whole difference.
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of Northern California?
Communicate frequently, ask as many questions as you can think of, and disclose all the information that might be relevant during the course of your treatment

Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. Kaser and his team (other nurses and doctors at the hospital) were very pleasant and responsive...Dr. Kaser was very clear in communication, pleasant and responsive. My questions were often answered with responses based on attached research articles which was impressive. I had a very positive overall experience...There's a great deal of uncertainty at several steps in the process and even with pleasant hospital interactions, the process can be an emotional rollercoaster. While medical science has greatly advanced, there's a lot of variation between women and a great deal of why patients respond differently is unknown. It'd be good to factor this in while deciding when to undergo the procedure, in terms of the emotional bandwidth needed.
I think the clinic [RMA of Northern California] is quite good. There's high transparency and science based communication. The staff is very friendly. I had several detailed questions that were met with timely responses. I'd want a new patient to know, however, that regardless of the clinic, egg retrievals can be emotionally stressful given the high uncertainties involved...The nursing staff was very pleasant...Dr. Kaser and his team (other nurses and doctors at the hospital) were very pleasant and responsive.
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of Northern California?
This is not specifically directed to Dr. Kaser, but a point in general for women wanting to undergo this. There's a great deal of uncertainty at several steps in the process and even with pleasant hospital interactions, the process can be an emotional rollercoaster. While medical science has greatly advanced, there's a lot of variation between women and a great deal of why patients respond differently is unknown. It'd be good to factor this in while deciding when to undergo the procedure, in terms of the emotional bandwidth needed.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Northern California.
The nursing staff was very pleasant.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
I think the clinic is quite good. There's high transparency and science based communication. The staff is very friendly. I had several detailed questions that were met with timely responses. I'd want a new patient to know, however, that regardless of the clinic, egg retrievals can be emotionally stressful given the high uncertainties involved.

2023, Successful
[RMA of Northern California] is an excellent fertility clinic and I highly recommend it. The care team is very professional and they make you feel feel that you are being treated as human (as opposed to a patient). They helped me and my partner during this long process of getting and staying pregnant and I'm forever grateful...Thanks to Dr. Shapiro's guidance and expertise, we were able to successfully conceive our first child through IVF! She's an outstanding doctor who goes above and beyond to ensure her patients receive the best possible care.
How was your experience with Alice Shapiro at RMA of Northern California?
Our experience with Dr. Shapiro was the best. We had been struggling with infertility for years and had gone through negative experiences with many other providers until we met Dr. Shapiro. She helped me and my partner through the IVF process, she took the time to explain each step of the IVF process and answer all of our questions in detail. She was patient, compassionate, and understanding, always making sure we felt comfortable and informed throughout the entire process. Thanks to Dr. Shapiro's guidance and expertise, we were able to successfully conceive our first child through IVF! She's an outstanding doctor who goes above and beyond to ensure her patients receive the best possible care.
You are in the best hands!
Dr. Shapiro treated me with kindness, empathy, and understanding. I felt valued and respected. It really helped me to alleviate stress and anxiety from past experiences. Her caring established a foundation of trust and I'm forever grateful for being her patient!
Dr. Shapiro tried the Lupron microdose protocol with me given my history and previous outcomes of other retrievals. This cycle had the best outcome out of the three. We were able to retrieve 7 eggs (compared to 5 and 1 from previous retrievals with a different doctor) and created 3 embryos (compared to 1 from previous retrievals).
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
rma is an excellent fertility clinic and I highly recommend it. The care team is very professional and they make you feel feel that you are being treated as human (as opposed to a patient). They helped me and my partner during this long process of getting and staying pregnant and I'm forever grateful!
My treatment was covered through Progyny