LGBTQ+ Competent Care
LGBTQ+ Competent Care

Based on reviews from the LGBTQ+ community.

9.7
9.7

LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

Selling medication is not offered

San Francisco, CA 94105
1900 University Ave.
East Palo Alto, CA 94303

2022 - 2023, Unknown Success
Dr. McQueen spent as much time as needed to answer all of my questions...She's so cheery and kind, and was patient with all of my questions on Spruce and in-person. She was upfront about the statistics, success rates, and risks, and was even thoughtful about the fact that we were paying out-of-pocket and found some small ways we could reduce our costs. At first, we were deciding between IUI and IVF because I was intimidated by how invasive IVF would be, and Dr. McQueen patiently talked through the tradeoffs without being pushy in any way...
the clinic [RMA of Northern California] is open 24/7 and monitoring starts as early as 7am. They were flexible to start retrievals and transfers whenever I wanted (we even timed the transfer for the exact date I wanted). Communication and responsiveness were fantastic -- we could always get a response on Spruce, even at 10pm at night from the on-call doctor. We had clear instructions on medications and for each procedure. I didn't necessarily see my doctor on every monitoring visit, but I actually liked that since it was way easier to fit appointments into my work schedule way easier...
How was your experience with Dana McQueen at RMA of Northern California?
I had an amazing experience with Dr. McQueen. She's so cheery and kind, and was patient with all of my questions on Spruce and in-person. She was upfront about the statistics, success rates, and risks, and was even thoughtful about the fact that we were paying out-of-pocket and found some small ways we could reduce our costs. At first, we were deciding between IUI and IVF because I was intimidated by how invasive IVF would be, and Dr. McQueen patiently talked through the tradeoffs without being pushy in any way. The whole journey was so smooth and I ended up pregnant much sooner than I had allowed myself to expect at the beginning.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Dana McQueen at RMA of Northern California?
Do your own research too, so you can come prepared with questions. She'll patiently answer them and ensure you're comfortable.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Dana McQueen at RMA of Northern California?
Dr. McQueen spent as much time as needed to answer all of my questions... and I had a lot of them! I felt she really cared about me, even though my protocols themselves were pretty straightforward.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California.
Overall I had a great experience with the nursing staff. Especially blood draws -- I usually have a terrible time with blood draws (multiple sticks, bruising) and every single blood draw with the RMA staff was successful on the first try. Nurses were also friendly and warm. The only issue I had was with my initial primary nurse, who gave me incorrect medication instructions over Spruce multiple times. Fortunately, Dr McQueen quickly corrected it each time and I believe this nurse is no longer with RMA. These are pretty serious mistakes, and I think RMA did a good job of quickly resolving this. My primary nurse after that was great - responsive, knowledgable, and detail-oriented.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
RMA provided the best medical experience I've ever had. I love that the clinic is open 24/7 and monitoring starts as early as 7am. They were flexible to start retrievals and transfers whenever I wanted (we even timed the transfer for the exact date I wanted). Communication and responsiveness were fantastic -- we could always get a response on Spruce, even at 10pm at night from the on-call doctor. We had clear instructions on medications and for each procedure. I didn't necessarily see my doctor on every monitoring visit, but I actually liked that since it was way easier to fit appointments into my work schedule way easier. Everyone I met was kind and warm, and it was almost enjoyable to go in each time. The location was also very convenient - right next to BART, important given how often I was going! My only (small) gripes: 1. Morning monitoring visits can get busy. It was hard to know whether I should plan for a 30min wait or no wait, and just made scheduling a little trickier. 2. Billing. The billing department called me a couple times telling me I had an overdue payment when I hadn't even received a bill. I did need to pay for a visit, so call me petty, but I didn't like being told it was overdue when I had already been asking for a bill and it wasn't getting sent. Overall, I had a fantastic experience with RMA and would 100% be back.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Dana McQueen at RMA of Northern California.
Our out-of-pocket cost was ~$26k for one round of egg retrieval, including meds and PGT testing, and ~$5k for one transfer including meds. They did a good job explaining the costs upfront so we knew what to expect.
Describe Dana McQueen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Northern California.
Dr McQueen only talked to us about transferring a singleton. I didn't consider multiple at all.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of Northern California?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Northern California.
As mentioned earlier, I had an issue with my initial nurse who gave me incorrect medication instructions that the doctor quickly corrected. I'm glad the situation was resolved quickly.

2023, Successful
The [RMA of Northern California] clinic was very organized and welcoming. There were one or two times that the schedule was backed up and I had to wait for a while for my appointment (once I had to wait over an hour) but usually they were on time...The nurses as a whole were very organized and skillful. I always felt like I was in good hands. And they were always great at getting back to my questions over the Spruce App.
How was your experience with Dana McQueen at RMA of Northern California?
Dr McQueen was very straightforward with me. She answered all of my questions clearly and provided useful resources when I asked for them. Especially being able to use the Spruce app, I was always able to ask my questions and get a response within one day, which was really wonderful. She was also great with the physical aspects of my care. I never felt uncomfortable or unsafe with her during my procedures. She always let me know when she needed to touch me, what she was doing with the tools, and what sensations I should expect. A total professional and a total mensch!
If you have questions, just ask them!
Dr McQueen was alway cheerful and present when we met. I know that she is a busy doctor, but she took the time to chat a bit and make me feel comfortable - I never felt rushed in our meetings. She also wasn't too much. Some folks try too hard at their bedside manner and it can feel disingenuous - I always felt like Dr McQueen was just being real with me :)
Describe the protocols Dana McQueen used in your cycles at RMA of Northern California and their degree of success.
For my egg retrieval, I used Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix, Pregnyl, and Leuprolide. I had a very uneventful experience with the medications, and procedure itself was very simple and painless for me. I didn't even have much spotting after the retrieval. We were able to retrieve 12 eggs, of which all 12 fertilized, but only three made it to the blastocyst stage. And after PGT (?) testing, only one of the three was viable. Dr McQueen kept me updated throughout the process. I had an IUD which Dr McQueen removed for me. but then periods can be irregular in the short term after that. I missed my first window for my frozen embryo transfer because my period didn't come, and we started the FET medication for the next cycle, but my period was so heavy that Dr McQueen recommended that we wait until the next one. (Probably was a good thing too because that period lasted about two weeks and was heavy like nothing I have experienced before.) For the next (and final) cycle, I started with estrogen at the beginning of my period, and added Progesterone in Oil injections after about 2 weeks. At Dr McQueen's recommendation, I purchased an auto-injector to help with the injections (I have no partner to help with them) and it helped get me used to the sensation. By the end of my ~6 week run of injections I could do it all by myself without the tool. A few days after I started the PIO injections, I had my FET with Dr McQueen. It went smoothly and quickly (except that I drank possibly too much water before the proceedure!). After that, I had a few follow-up appointments with Dr McQueen to make sure everything was progressing as expected, which it was, and I am now 10 weeks pregnant!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California. (Assigned nurse: Vanessa H)
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
The clinic was very organized and welcoming. There were one or two times that the schedule was backed up and I had to wait for a while for my appointment (once I had to wait over an hour) but usually they were on time.
The egg retrieval / "IVF Freeze-all" / “Retrieval plus Hatching”) was $16,840. The Frozen Embryo Transfer was $4,620.
This question was irrelevant for me because I only had one embryo to transfer.

2023, Successful
Dr Shapiro provides world-class treatment. This was my first time undergoing any type of fertility treatment. I couldn't have asked for a better process and experience. What I especially love about my experience with Dr Shapiro is was the time she took to explain each step. I never felt rushed or hurried. I would highly recommend Dr Shapiro to any of my friends and family. My husband feels the same way...She was caring, and always available every step of the way.
The [RMA of Northern California] clinic has almost no weaknesses - I can't think of any issue or area of improvement. In terms of strengths, I believe that the use of the Spruce app, and clear instructions, cleanliness and ease of the office visits, all make this a great experience for any new patient...The nursing staff was amazing - every visit was a breeze. The whole team is professional and I never had to wonder about my treatment plan or schedule. They took wonderful care of me. This entire team has been the best care team I've had in my life - not an exaggeration.
How was your experience with Alice Shapiro at RMA of Northern California?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alice Shapiro at RMA of Northern California?
Ask questions - she is so knowledgeable and an excellent communicator.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alice Shapiro at RMA of Northern California?
Dr Shapiro is a fantastic doctor. From day 1 (our consultation) she put me at ease with her sheer knowledge of fertility treatments and the various probabilities we could be faced with. She was caring, and always available every step of the way.
Describe the protocols Alice Shapiro used in your cycles at RMA of Northern California and their degree of success.
At the onset of this process, I was struggling with a thick uterine lining and elongated period flow. Dr Shapiro first help me tackle this issue and prescribed a round of progesterone to cease bleeding. It worked exactly as she described. Next we went through the steps of growing eggs for egg retrieval (treatments were highly successful). After egg retrieval, we waited to allow time for my ovaries to recover and rest. Finally we prepped for embryo transfer, and transfer was successful as well (current active pregnancy). Dr Shapiro outlined why medicated transfer had better probability due to knowing timing of transfer and also the fact that my period were irregular. I felt comfortable with her explanation and rationale at every step.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
The clinic has almost no weaknesses - I can't think of any issue or area of improvement. In terms of strengths, I believe that the use of the Spruce app, and clear instructions, cleanliness and ease of the office visits, all make this a great experience for any new patient.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alice Shapiro at RMA of Northern California.
N/A through insurance
Describe Alice Shapiro's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Northern California.
No comments.
Alice Shapiro

2022 - 2023, Successful
Dr. McQueen exceeded our expectations in every way in our IVF journey. She was kind, courteous, supportive, communicative, and always gave us her time and attention. She never made us feel rushed or forgotten. She was honest and always compassionate in her recommendations, even when the news was not what we wanted to hear. She called us personally with hard news as well as the best news...And she went above and beyond in every interaction. We had 3 doctors before Dr. McQueen and they pale in comparison to her treatment of us as fellow humans.
The [RMA of Northern California] clinic is clean and organized and peaceful. I chose RMA based on the first time I called the clinic and how the front desk admin spoke to me and treated me. She was kind and courteous and gave me her time and attention...She was friendly and bright. And I found that these qualities were maintained in all staff at RMA- whether at the front desk or back in the clinic. The only weakness I encountered was in billing. It took some time to get answers for billing questions. However, when I asked about this they let me know that they were short-staffed in that department and were working on hiring more people. And they were apologetic and kind about their delay.
How was your experience with Dana McQueen at RMA of Northern California?
Dr. McQueen exceeded our expectations in every way in our IVF journey. She was kind, courteous, supportive, communicative, and always gave us her time and attention. She never made us feel rushed or forgotten. She was honest and always compassionate in her recommendations, even when the news was not what we wanted to hear. She called us personally with hard news as well as the best news. We wish we would have started with RMA and Dr. McQueen as much of our early journey was made all the more difficult by untrustworthy doctors with terrible bedside manner. We cannot recommend Dr. McQueen enough.
If you have a question: ask! Don't feel stupid and don't feel ashamed. Dr. McQueen will never make you feel judged or criticized.
Dr. McQueen always responded quickly and personally to my questions and communications. She knew our story and remembered our situation each time we interacted with us. She checked in often to see how I was feeling and doing and if I had any questions. She acknowledged the difficulty of our journey and was always sensitive to the rollercoaster that is IVF. She was supportive at every turn. And she went above and beyond in every interaction. We had 3 doctors before Dr. McQueen and they pale in comparison to her treatment of us as fellow humans.
We used a donor. The donor did two egg retrievals using a drug protocol of Gonal-F, Menopur, Cetrotide, and Pregnyl for the first retrieval. For the second retrieval we added Omnitrope. For the first retrieval the donor was placed on birth control to control when the retrieval would happen. For the second retrieval Dr. McQueen suggested we follow the donor's natural cycle. For both retrievals, once embryos were mature, they were frozen and we did genetic testing. I did an embryo transfer with the one embryo we had procured from the first donor egg retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California. (Assigned nurse: Liz Sunseri and Hanna Futterman)
Both Liz and Hanna were timely in their responses and thorough in their instruction. I felt supported and cared for. And I trusted that they would guide me from step to step and answer my questions completely and honestly.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
The clinic is clean and organized and peaceful. I chose RMA based on the first time I called the clinic and how the front desk admin spoke to me and treated me. She was kind and courteous and gave me her time and attention fully without making me feel like I was an inconvenience to her day. She was friendly and bright. And I found that these qualities were maintained in all staff at RMA- whether at the front desk or back in the clinic. The only weakness I encountered was in billing. It took some time to get answers for billing questions. However, when I asked about this they let me know that they were short-staffed in that department and were working on hiring more people. And they were apologetic and kind about their delay.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of Northern California.
We were out of state so our monitoring appointments were with a different clinic.
$6500
Dr. McQueen only transferred one embryo.

Donor Sperm With Other Docs
LGBTQ+
Dr. Noel has a warm and welcoming manner, while also explaining everything going on and making sure I was - and felt - fully informed...I never felt judged, questioned, awkward, or uncomfortable, which was very important to me. I was able to freely ask repro questions specific to being LGBTQ+...up to date on current research, and aptly weighed pros and cons with me. We moved quickly - which I appreciated. She realized time was of the essence and worked me in very quickly. She talked with me at every appt, and even after I became pregnant (spoiler!) she kept close tabs on the development and my medications so that I didn’t miscarry. She was amazing all the way through, very attentive. She is also incredibly knowledgeable.
[RMA of Northern California is] Very professional, usually no wait, very welcoming atmosphere complete with relaxing videos of animals at the zoo, and inclusive books for all types of folks. I felt like the people there knew me and cared. Also very quick responses on the communication app (which was easy to use)...I never felt judged, questioned, awkward, or uncomfortable, which was very important to me. I was able to freely ask repro questions specific to being LGBTQ+.
How was your experience with Martha Noel at RMA of Northern California?
I had been to two prior clinics, and only came to Dr Noel because of a recommendation from a fertility specialist who had helped me on my prior attempts. From the first meeting, she was upfront, up to date on current research, and aptly weighed pros and cons with me. We moved quickly - which I appreciated. She realized time was of the essence and worked me in very quickly. She talked with me at every appt, and even after I became pregnant (spoiler!) she kept close tabs on the development and my medications so that I didn’t miscarry. She was amazing all the way through, very attentive. She is also incredibly knowledgeable.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Martha Noel at RMA of Northern California?
Be upfront about past history and concerns. We tried a different protocol based on my past experiences, and it worked.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Martha Noel at RMA of Northern California?
Dr. Noel has a warm and welcoming manner, while also explaining everything going on and making sure I was - and felt - fully informed. Her kindness wasn’t an avoidance of bad news, it was that we were in it together, facing the odds in a straightforward way.
Describe the protocols Martha Noel used in your cycles at RMA of Northern California and their degree of success.
After my first failed transfer (at another clinic) I took a timing test to learn my timing window. Based on that I had a second transfer, which also failed. Those embryos were both AA “quality”. I came to Dr Noel 1.5 years later as a last ditch effort. She knew the developing science that questioned the timing window. We used a different protocol and I became pregnant - with a BC embryo.
How competent was Martha Noel at LGBTQ+ care?
Amazing. I never felt judged, questioned, awkward, or uncomfortable, which was very important to me. I was able to freely ask repro questions specific to being LGBTQ+.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
How competent was RMA of Northern California at LGBTQ+ care?
Absolutely. I didn’t feel like an anomaly.
Describe your experience using 3rd party reproduction (donor eggs, donor sperm, or gestational carrier) at RMA of Northern California.
Worked well, no issues.
Martha Noel

Donor Sperm With Other Docs
LGBTQ+
Dr. McQueen was an energetic, positive, and confident doctor. She was knowledgeable about the IVF process, and seemed very comfortable with all the procedures and treatments that were done. This was our first time doing IVF, so we didn't know much about anything! I appreciated how she didn't shy away from providing realistic expectations when things were uncertain in the early pregnancy days...seemed genuinely engaged and committed to my care, from start to the positive pregnancy test
Communication was BY FAR the #1 strength about RMA. The Spruce App and their ability to promptly respond (even after hours) was truly amazing. This is such a crazy and stressful process and having that immediate response is just gold...the waiting area, reception desk, ambiance, general vibe, was really nice. It felt like a spa...Sophia and all of the nurses who covered for her were prompt, informative, and very kind in all of their communication.
How was your experience with Dana McQueen at RMA of Northern California?
Dr. McQueen was an energetic, positive, and confident doctor. She was knowledgeable about the IVF process, and seemed very comfortable with all the procedures and treatments that were done. This was our first time doing IVF, so we didn't know much about anything! I appreciated how she didn't shy away from providing realistic expectations when things were uncertain in the early pregnancy days (we couldn't quite yet see the yolk sac very clearly, which was initially unsettling, but turned out that it was just a little early and everything was fine at the next visit). The sweetest part was that she seemed genuinely invested in our outcome and almost as excited as we were when confirmed the pregnancy. She took our personal preferences and questions (we had a lot) into careful consideration and never made us feel bad when we brought up any concerns or fears. She was all-around a solid doctor, and I'd recommend her to anyone interested in IVF.
Don't feel silly asking her questions.
Dr McQueen seemed genuinely engaged and committed to my care, from start to the positive pregnancy test. The Spruce app allowed us to "text" in a casual but professional way and Dr McQueen communicated with us in a very natural way.
Dr McQueen acknowledged concerns I had about my sensitivity to medications and adjusted my dosage for IVF stim meds to a smaller one (without judgement). The stim meds worked fine (She snagged 19 eggs in the retrieval!).
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California. (Assigned nurse: Sophia Parsons)
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
Communication was BY FAR the #1 strength about RMA. The Spruce App and their ability to promptly respond (even after hours) was truly amazing. This is such a crazy and stressful process and having that immediate response is just gold. At the other clinic, sometimes we'd have to wait 1-2 days for answers to basic questions and it was all funneled through one case manager. I liked the doctor but I rarely spoke directly to them (it was always on their terms). Also, the waiting area, reception desk, ambiance, general vibe, was really nice. It felt like a spa.

2023, Successful
I was truly seen and cared for by Dr. Kaser. He asked the deep questions, stayed curious, and went through our case with a fresh pair of eyes. He was incredibly diligent. Thanks to him, we caught some issues that surfaced for the first time. We addressed them before moving forward with our successful transfer...There aren't enough words to express my gratitude and admiration for Dr. Kaser
There aren't enough words to express my gratitude and admiration for Dr. Kaser, nurse Liz, and the entire RMA team. Dr. Kaser is an absolute gem of a doctor - he's incredibly caring, curious, patient, skilled, knowledgeable....truly one-of-a-kind doctor. Switching over to RMA (after dealing with multiple losses) has been the best decision my husband and I made... Super clean, modern, minimal wait times, thorough communication (in the event I did have to wait). Personalized and human approach. Weaknesses: parking can be challenging. Very busy area in downtown.
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of Northern California?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Kaser at RMA of Northern California?
Come with all your questions - no question is too big or small for him. He's amazing.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Kaser at RMA of Northern California?
There aren't enough words to express my gratitude and admiration for Dr. Kaser, nurse Liz, and the entire RMA team. Dr. Kaser is an absolute gem of a doctor - he's incredibly caring, curious, patient, skilled, knowledgeable....truly one-of-a-kind doctor. Switching over to RMA (after dealing with multiple losses) has been the best decision my husband and I made. I was truly seen and cared for by Dr. Kaser. He asked the deep questions, stayed curious, and went through our case with a fresh pair of eyes. He was incredibly diligent. Thanks to him, we caught some issues that surfaced for the first time. We addressed them before moving forward with our successful transfer. Liz is such a sweet, prompt, thorough nurse and human being. She and the team operated efficiently....yet the care was personalized and human. Liz went out of her way to see me during multiple procedures because she knew that would help with my nerves! No question was too small or big for Liz, Kaser, and team...and they are so responsive! I feel so indebted to Dr. Kaser and Liz. While I'm happy I graduated from RMA, it also saddens me to leave such a wonderful place where I was truly seen and cared for.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California. (Assigned nurse: Liz Sunseri)
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
Strengths: Super clean, modern, minimal wait times, thorough communication (in the event I did have to wait). Personalized and human approach. Weaknesses: parking can be challenging. Very busy area in downtown.
Describe Daniel Kaser's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Northern California.
eSET

2022 - 2023, Successful
I loved working with Dr. McQueen. She was very upbeat and optimistic, which is something I needed during this process after having gone through two miscarriages last year (before I decided to try IVF). My body responded really well to the treatment, and she was very thorough in explaining each step along the way...super responsive throughout the process. She would often message me back after hours and even wished me good luck on my first night of injections...
The clinic [RMA of Northern California] is run like a well-oiled machine. From scheduling to lab draws to actual procedures, everything was on time for the most part. I think the team was very positive and welcoming...Everyone was super responsive through the Spruce app. I have nothing but positive things to say about their communication and care throughout such an intensive process...Insurance did not cover our treatment, so from beginning to end, it cost about $28k to have a live current pregnancy, and that included all the medications we had to buy...
How was your experience with Dana McQueen at RMA of Northern California?
Get extra clarity about when you need a specific medication, so you don't over-order or under-order medications. Alto Pharmacy offers same-day delivery, and I didn't realize how last-minute I could make an order and still get it in time for my treatment.
Dr. McQueen was extremely helpful. She explained everything thoroughly and was super responsive throughout the process. She would often message me back after hours and even wished me good luck on my first night of injections.
We decided with Dr. McQueen to go for IVF the same night as our consultation because it was perfect timing in our cycle. We went straight for injections, and my body responded well to treatment to the point that I had my egg retrieval on the earlier side. It was very helpful to have a doctor with such a positive attitude from beginning to end.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California. (Assigned nurse: Liz)
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
The clinic is run like a well-oiled machine. From scheduling to lab draws to actual procedures, everything was on time for the most part. I think the team was very positive and welcoming, and I really can't think of any weaknesses. My main piece of advice is related to medication and just confirming the exact timing of when you need everything so you don't over-order. I run a bit anxious, so I ordered more than I needed at times.
2 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. McQueen was always available to answer questions, whether via Spruce, phone, or at our appointments. She always seemed to remember our specific details, was on top of all follow-up information, and just genuinely seemed to fight for us...We liked her bedside manner, her ability to answer all our questions, and to admit when she had made a mistake (there weren't very many!)...Although Dr. McQueen is great at answering questions, she is busy. So always be prepared with your own research ahead of time so that you can follow along with the action plan and can ask appropriate questions.
This clinic [RMA of Norther California] is a well-oiled machine and everyone is well-trained and very communicative. A few things we wish we knew - we had to come very prepared as they don't always give you all the information upfront, we didn't know we wouldn't see our doctor at certain appointments (bloodwork, etc) - if we had known, we would have gone to the RMA location closer to home...We interacted with quite a few nurses and staff and all were excellent - friendly, quick responses with great explanations, nice bedside manner, etc.
How was your experience with Dana McQueen at RMA of Northern California?
Both my husband and I had specimen preserved (separately) at outside clinics. We did not end up needing my husband's and it seemed like my specimen were not going to be accepted at RMA. Dr. McQueen fought for us to have my frozen eggs transferred over and from then, we completely trusted her. We liked her bedside manner, her ability to answer all our questions, and to admit when she had made a mistake (there weren't very many!)
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
This clinic is a well-oiled machine and everyone is well-trained and very communicative. A few things we wish we knew - we had to come very prepared as they don't always give you all the information upfront, we didn't know we wouldn't see our doctor at certain appointments (bloodwork, etc) - if we had known, we would have gone to the RMA location closer to home.
90% covered by insurance
We discussed single vs multiple embryo transfer, however, the decision really was always single embryo transfer from both sides.
San Francisco
For the 2nd transfer Dr. Morin decided to do a natural transfer cycle to see if my body produces what it needs and that cycle was much more enjoyable for me and in the end was successful...is very caring about his patients and interacts with you like a friend. He is thoughtful, kind and patient speaking to all things human. Such an amazing doctor with a big heart for his work...he was relatable, but very professional and I enjoyed his sense of humor through it all. As a patient you are able to connect with the doctor through a protected app. which is so helpful because you can get answers to the unknown pretty quickly. Dr. Morin works around the clock for his patients and I am grateful for his commitment to his work. You can definitely tell he loves what he does.
Every morning you are greeted by a great staff (Leah & Cynthia) [at RMA of Northern California] who are amazing! They are welcoming and are there to make you comfortable. They over communicate and answer the phone every time you call...[nurses] in the clinic always has a smile on their faces even at 7:30am...They monitored me very closely and were able to schedule the retrieval fairly quickly which ended up working for my work schedule which was nice. The retrieval was a success and were excited to have the results that we did. We then went through the genetic testing and then began the transfer process. We started with a medicated transfer to begin which was not my favorite because it involved injections, but it was nice because we could control the date and time of the transfer. For the 2nd transfer Dr. Morin decided to do a natural transfer cycle to see if my body produces what it needs and that cycle was much more enjoyable for me and in the end was successful. Nine days later, we found out we were pregnant and then over the next three weeks I came in for them to monitor me and the development of the embryos. It was nice to have Dr. Morin still apart of the process after the transfer took.
How was your experience with Scott Morin at RMA of Northern California?
My experience at RMA and with Dr. Morin was like no other. From the first consultation he was relatable, but very professional and I enjoyed his sense of humor through it all. As a patient you are able to connect with the doctor through a protected app. which is so helpful because you can get answers to the unknown pretty quickly. Dr. Morin works around the clock for his patients and I am grateful for his commitment to his work. You can definitely tell he loves what he does.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Scott Morin at RMA of Northern California?
Dr. Morin is very hands on and you will be dealing with him all the way through the process which is some what rare. Having a doctor there through it all was comforting for me.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Scott Morin at RMA of Northern California?
Dr. Morin is very caring about his patients and interacts with you like a friend. He is thoughtful, kind and patient speaking to all things human. Such an amazing doctor with a big heart for his work.
Describe the protocols Scott Morin used in your cycles at RMA of Northern California and their degree of success.
We started with the retrieval and the injections of all the hormones which was a 10 day process. Through that period I was going in to get ultrasounds every couple days in order to time the retrieval correctly. They monitored me very closely and were able to schedule the retrieval fairly quickly which ended up working for my work schedule which was nice. The retrieval was a success and were excited to have the results that we did. We then went through the genetic testing and then began the transfer process. We started with a medicated transfer to begin which was not my favorite because it involved injections, but it was nice because we could control the date and time of the transfer. For the 2nd transfer Dr. Morin decided to do a natural transfer cycle to see if my body produces what it needs and that cycle was much more enjoyable for me and in the end was successful. Nine days later, we found out we were pregnant and then over the next three weeks I came in for them to monitor me and the development of the embryos. It was nice to have Dr. Morin still apart of the process after the transfer took.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Northern California.
Everyone nurse in the clinic always has a smile on their faces even at 7:30am.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
Every morning you are greeted by a great staff (Leah & Cynthia) who are amazing! They are welcoming and are there to make you comfortable. They over communicate and answer the phone every time you call.
San Francisco
I cant say enough good things about Dr. Morin. He wowed us from our first meeting by intricately explaining the process and the next steps in regards to our situation... We used the app called Spruce for communication and Dr. Morin was extremely responsive no matter what time I messaged him with a question, on it...He knows his stuff well and explained to us in a way that made sense from the first consultation. As a comparison, we did go to another fertility dr to get a second opinion and while they were good, the way Dr. Morin had explained it to us was superior and had more detail.
The clinic [RMA of San Francisco is located at a very convenient location.... Since they are a relatively new clinic, it is easy to get appointments - which is something I struggle with, at other clinics. The team and Dr. Morin are extremely competent and you dont feel like you are a number. The attention you will receive here is excellent. I just cant say enough good things about them...I would say overall the service and the communication was way above average for the clinic.
How was your experience with Scott Morin at RMA of Northern California?
Dr. Morin was excellent. He knows his stuff well and explained to us in a way that made sense from the first consultation. As a comparison, we did go to another fertility dr to get a second opinion and while they were good, the way Dr. Morin had explained it to us was superior and had more detail. During the course of the treatment, it was easy to get appointments and not wait for weeks. We used the app called Spruce for communication and Dr. Morin was extremely responsive no matter what time I messaged him with a question, on it. That was including during the holidays when I messaged him around new years eve! Lastly, we got the result we wanted in the first attempt and we definitely are grateful to Dr. Morin and the team for that.
I cant say enough good things about Dr. Morin. He wowed us from our first meeting by intricately explaining the process and the next steps in regards to our situation. The response time by Dr. Morin was more than excellent. Of course, we are also quite happy with our end result so we feel like we were in great hands.
We went for the IUI treatment and it was successful in the first attempt and we got pregnant. We did not use any medication for this.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
The clinic is located at a very convenient location by the financial district so its easy to go during the work day. Since they are a relatively new clinic, it is easy to get appointments - which is something I struggle with, at other clinics. The team and Dr. Morin are extremely competent and you dont feel like you are a number. The attention you will receive here is excellent. I just cant say enough good things about them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Scott Morin at RMA of Northern California.
The cost was reasonable.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of Northern California?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Northern California.
I wouldnt say those things were a big deal for me. A couple of times, I had to reach out to get the test result but the reply was instant when I asked for it (and some of those were just regular blood tests). I would say overall the service and the communication was way above average for the clinic.
2023, Successful
The IVF process can be daunting but Dr. Noel alleviated much of my stress and anxiety by taking the time to answer all of my questions, discuss treatment plans in depth, and give her honest opinion on different protocols, medicine, etc...Every ultrasound was reviewed by Dr. Noel, and procedure was done by Dr. Noel, so I had ample opportunities to check in with her and chat through my cycles with questions, etc.
I highly recommend Dr. Noel and RMA San Francisco...Every appointment was right on time and efficient, which is important given the frequency of appointments during IVF cycles. The Spruce app is easy to use, and I always received a response from my care team almost immediately when I message them. Every ultrasound was reviewed by Dr. Noel, and procedure was done by Dr. Noel, so I had ample opportunities to check in with her and chat through my cycles with questions, etc...very clean and organized...Dr. Noel, and her nurse Laura are kind, accommodating, and knowledgeable
How was your experience with Martha Noel at RMA of Northern California?
I had an amazing experience with Dr. Noel at RMS San Francisco. The IVF process can be daunting but Dr. Noel alleviated much of my stress and anxiety by taking the time to answer all of my questions, discuss treatment plans in depth, and give her honest opinion on different protocols, medicine, etc. Dr. Noel, and her nurse Laura are kind, accommodating, and knowledgeable. Every appointment was right on time and efficient, which is important given the frequency of appointments during IVF cycles. The Spruce app is easy to use, and I always received a response from my care team almost immediately when I message them. Every ultrasound was reviewed by Dr. Noel, and procedure was done by Dr. Noel, so I had ample opportunities to check in with her and chat through my cycles with questions, etc. I highly recommend Dr. Noel and RMA San Francisco!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California. (Assigned nurse: Laura)
Always answering all my questions, and very helpful with the process
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
very clean and organized. Dr. Noel, and her nurse Laura are kind, accommodating, and knowledgeable. Every appointment was right on time and efficient, which is important given the frequency of appointments during IVF cycles. The Spruce app is easy to use, and I always received a response from my care team almost immediately when I message them. Every ultrasound was reviewed by Dr. Noel, and procedure was done by Dr. Noel, so I had ample opportunities to check in with her and chat through my cycles with questions, etc.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Martha Noel at RMA of Northern California.
16k
Martha Noel
2022 - 2023, 25 Eggs Frozen
Dr. McQueen is an incredible communicator. She's very responsive and speaks clearly and with plenty of humor, remembered me as an individual, asked detailed questions about my life that she remembered from previous visits and made me feel respected, informed, comfortable and happy...She does not try to people please, she just does this naturally. She is incredibly knowledgable but speaks human not doctor, VERY responsive, takes the right things seriously and left me feeling confident and calm.
[RMA of Norther California showed] kindness, amazing communication, technology that helped make things more efficient, flexible to make things easier on patient, always willing to help, went out of their way to remove barriers, responsive, clean, timely, great tea and coffee...[nurses are] helpful, kind, responsive...Dr. McQueen is an incredible communicator. She's very responsive and speaks clearly and with plenty of humor, remembered me as an individual, asked detailed questions about my life that she remembered from previous visits and made me feel respected, informed, comfortable and happy.
How was your experience with Dana McQueen at RMA of Northern California?
Dr. McQeen lives up to the Queen in her name. She does not try to people please, she just does this naturally. She is incredibly knowledgable but speaks human not doctor, VERY responsive, takes the right things seriously and left me feeling confident and calm.
Trust her. If you have issues bring them to her directly right away, don't stew on anything, no need. If anything is confusing, ask for help.
she tried estrogen priming the second time and switched up the meds and the result improved in a great way! I took this as she listened and learned from my body and thought of ways it could go even better the second round
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California. (Assigned nurse: Alazaya )
helpful, kind, responsive
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
kindness, amazing communication, technology that helped make things more efficient, flexible to make things easier on patient, always willing to help, went out of their way to remove barriers, responsive, clean, timely, great tea and coffee!!
around 7-8k per time with a 10% discount for the second round

2019, 12 Eggs Frozen
Dr Morin explained the science of fertility very clearly in the consultation and was often there to answer questions over our messaging app. He was patient with my questions, and thorough with information.... [Monitoring Appointments were] efficient, but doctors and nurses always had time for me... I was the saddest, wimpiest patient ever, super sensitive to pain and needles, and yet Luciana (and everyone on staff) was completely understanding and patient.
I was the saddest, wimpiest patient ever, super sensitive to pain and needles, and yet Luciana (and everyone on staff) was completely understanding and patient.... Strengths — beautiful, new facility [RMA of Northern California]; lots of availability; affordable annual freezing price Weaknesses — would love a portal to access all billing and schedules, but perhaps no fertility clinic has this... $7200 (discount with carrot) for retrieval and treatment $3500 medication $600 other consultation fees
How was your experience with Scott Morin at RMA of Northern California?
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California. (Assigned nurse: Luciana)
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
Strengths — beautiful, new facility; lots of availability; affordable annual freezing price Weaknesses — would love a portal to access all billing and schedules, but perhaps no fertility clinic has this
efficient, but doctors and nurses always had time for me

2021 - 2023, Successful
LGBTQ+
Dr. Kaser took the time to know my wife and I personally. He was incredibly responsive to questions and messages at all hours. He was always supportive of our wishes....He was warm but also clear and relentless in his pursuit of our goals. When issues or setbacks did occur, he was incredibly thoughtful and responsive. I truly felt like I was in the best hands... Dr. Kaser was able to make the correct modifications and we ended up with 14 more PGT tested embryos. We did 1 transfer and it was successful...
The RMA clinic is extremely professional. They have an amazing staff all around, are accommodating of schedules and appointment times (I always got the appointment time I requested), have great facilities (very clean and modern, wonderful equipment)...Addie [nurse] was very clear and responsive any time I had a question, as was the rest of the care staff. Every issue was answered within literal minutes, even on weekends and evenings...
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of Northern California?
Dr. Kaser is probably the best doctor I've ever had. He was warm but also clear and relentless in his pursuit of our goals. When issues or setbacks did occur, he was incredibly thoughtful and responsive. I truly felt like I was in the best hands.
Go with him! Trust him, and also feel comfortable asking any questions and reaching out whenever you feel like you need clarification or support.
Describe the protocols Daniel Kaser used in your cycles at RMA of Northern California and their degree of success.
I first did 2 IUIs. The second was successful but ended in miscarriage due to chromosomal issues. We decided to next pursue IVF. My first retrieval resulted in 3 PGT tested embryos. Because we want multiple children, we pursued a second retrieval right away. Dr. Kaser was able to make the correct modifications and we ended up with 14 more PGT tested embryos. We did 1 transfer and it was successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California. (Assigned nurse: Addie)
Addie was very clear and responsive any time I had a question, as was the rest of the care staff. Every issue was answered within literal minutes, even on weekends and evenings.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
The RMA clinic is extremely professional. They have an amazing staff all around, are accommodating of schedules and appointment times (I always got the appointment time I requested), have great facilities (very clean and modern, wonderful equipment), and they get amazing results.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Kaser at RMA of Northern California.
We paid entirely out of pocket and it was very expensive. About $16k per retrieval, and $5k for transfer I believe?
I only wanted to transfer 1 embryo, and I believe that's the norm at RMA.

2022, Successful
Dr. Kaser is quite literally the nicest, most empathetic doctor I have ever met. Even when he had lifestyle suggestions that could (and did!) improve results, he approached them in a very kind, medical way which made me really feel like he cared about my results and considered a lot of factors about who I was and what could improve the outcomes...I didn't see him that frequently in person for monitoring and other appointments, but he always responded so quickly to my questions and requests.
RMA is great because the entire team of doctors is fantastic and they do a lot of rotating depending on schedules. I love that they never closed... I also like that they move quickly and dont make you wait many weeks to move forward on steps...RMA has gotten really popular (as it should be), but I didn't see him [Dr. Daniel Kaser] that frequently in person for monitoring and other appointments, but he always responded so quickly to my questions and requests.
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of Northern California?
As mentioned previously, Dr. Kaser is truly one of the best doctors I have ever worked with. He listened wholeheartedly when I described our family planning goals. He was realistic about outcomes and honestly more optimistic than I was, but it turned out to be correct. I wanted to do another retrieval before I transferred my last embryo and he felt like that was not worth while knowing I only wanted one more living child. Additionally, he was confident that my less well graded embryos were both worth transferring, which many people on the internet disagree with. I chose to trust him and not let instagram infographics get me down and he ended up being right. I really appreciated how smart and data driven Dr. Kaser was, but still straight forward and kind. He never made me feel overly confident but did let me know when he truly felt like giving X strategy a shot. I also appreciated how quick his response time was on Spruce. Frankly, RMA has gotten really popular (as it should be), but I didn't see him that frequently in person for monitoring and other appointments, but he always responded so quickly to my questions and requests. He also was very open when I asked if we could add meds or change protocols, and never acted like his toes were stepped on and was very collaborative and receptive. He is truly a fantastic doctor, and I think if you have a tricky case and want some out of the box thinking, with incredible bedside manner, he is absolutely worth whatever waiting list I'm sure he now has. I also appreciated that we moved very quickly through my cycles and didn't have to wait weeks or months between next steps which I know can be common at other clinics.
Ask all the questions and dont be afraid to say, "hey, ive heard about Xyz thing, could it hurt/help?, thoughts?".
Did duostim and added omnitrope after a failed first retrieval. Second retrieval was way more fruitful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California. (Assigned nurse: Kristen M)
Very quick and responsive and would let me know if Dr. Kaser would be a while to respond to manage expectations, since he was otherwise very fast.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
RMA is great because the entire team of doctors is fantastic and they do a lot of rotating depending on schedules. I love that they never closed and that they have an office in Palo Alto for local monitoring. I also like that they move quickly and dont make you wait many weeks to move forward on steps.
I used a fertility access multiple cycle package which I absolutely recommend if you are self pay and planning to do at least 2 retrievals.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Morin answered all of my questions promptly and was encouraging throughout the process. He did my first egg retrieval and transfer...He was kind for most of the process. A couple of times he came off as short-tempered. We all have good and bad days...you'll see any of the three doctors depending on the day/location...He only suggested transferring one. There's too much risk involved for mother and babies with a multiple embryo transfer and no reason for me to do that.
RMA has excellent doctors, staff, and facilities! It's nice to that there are 2 offices available and that they work every single day. No missed procedures because of holidays, weekends, etc. The support staff is tremendous - they are friendly, personable, and welcoming. The communication platform is extremely helpful so you can ask questions at any hour of the day...It was roughly $55-60K for two egg retrievals, two transfers, one D&C, and all the associated medication, testing, monitoring costs.
How was your experience with Scott Morin at RMA of Northern California?
At RMA, you'll see any of the three doctors depending on the day/location. Dr. Morin answered all of my questions promptly and was encouraging throughout the process. He did my first egg retrieval and transfer. Dr. Kaser did my second egg retrieval and transfer.
You are in good hands. Do your research and and ask questions as needed.
For the first retrieval, I did 450 units of Follistim and 20 units of low does HCG daily to start and then introduced 1 vial of Ganirelix daily. For the second retrieval, I did 450 units of Follistim, 20 units of low dose HCG, 1 vial of Ganirelix, and 100 mg Clomid daily, and 50 units of omnitrope every other day. The reason for introducing Growth Hormone was to make my ovaries more responsive to the meds and improve the quality of the eggs some. Clomid got my body to produce more of its own FSH to supplement the Follistim and improve the response to treatment. I also began taking Levothyroxine in this process to bring down my TSH levels.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California. (Assigned nurse: Angela)
I only ever saw my nurse once and that was during my orientation meeting. She seemed a bit flustered and overwhelmed. Every other person I interacted with was exceptional and outstanding. I miss them tremendously. They felt like family encouraging me through this process.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
Describe Scott Morin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Northern California.

2021, 49 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Kaser was wonderfully kind, knowledgable, and communicative. During the consultation, he quickly adapted to my level of medical literacy...and was able to explain things clearly and at the perfect level of detail...When messaging on Spruce, he responded exceptionally quickly (usually in minutes), and he seemed genuinely excited for me when the cycle had a really positive outcome...
All of the nurses and clinic staff [at RMA of Northern California] were awesome. Friendly, kind, caring, organized, prompt...Every time I reached out over Spruce, someone got back to me within minutes with the answer. Every person I interacted with was organized, competent, and kind. I never waited more than 10 minutes in the waiting room (usually less than 2 min) before being seen, and the facilities were top-of-the-line nice.
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of Northern California?
I don't think I could have wished for a more competent and communicative physician. While I only got to see Dr. Kaser for the consultation (just the way the schedule worked out with him covering the SF clinic when I was down in Palo Alto, and vice versa), he was the one who usually answered my questions on Spruce (the messaging app), and the other providers I saw for the monitoring ultrasounds were lovely and had a good sense of what the plan was, so I would know when leaving the clinic what to expect for next steps. At my consultation, given the number of follicles on US, he explained clearly and kindly that there might be a reason to pursue workup for PCOS, which I had never thought/worried about before. The calm, accurate way he described why he thought I might have PCOS and what logical next steps would be to work it up with my PCP meant a lot, especially considering how surprised I was to get that news. Furthermore, the egg freezing cycle worked exceptionally well, with credit to him for planning and communicating such a successful strategy.
Come prepared with questions! He'll give a thorough overview of the process, but I think the best way to take advantage of his encyclopedic knowledge/expertise is to spend some time thinking about what particular questions *you* have about the process so that you can devote time in the consultation to that.
Dr. Kaser was wonderfully kind, knowledgable, and communicative. During the consultation, he quickly adapted to my level of medical literacy (I'm a medical student at the moment) and was able to explain things clearly and at the perfect level of detail. He asked specifically about my goals and motivations, any concerns I had, and ensured there was ample time for me to ask questions (of which I had plenty). When messaging on Spruce, he responded exceptionally quickly (usually in minutes), and he seemed genuinely excited for me when the cycle had a really positive outcome.
We used a standard antagonist protocol (Menopur + Gonal F for 6 days, then add Cetrotide on day 7), with a total of 12 days of stimulation. Menopur and Gonal F were both 150 to start, but Gonal F was upped to 225 when the Centrotide was added. Lupron trigger was used because I was high OHSS risk (lots of follicles, high AMH, very high estrodiol (~7000) by the end). Trigger (0.4 mL) was given 36 and 24 hours before retrieval, retrieval was on cycle day 15. Dr. Morin did the retrieval and got a whopping # of eggs (57!!), 49 of which were mature and frozen down.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California. (Assigned nurse: Addie!)
All of the nurses and clinic staff were awesome. Friendly, kind, caring, organized, prompt. I'm sad I'm done in that I won't get to keep seeing them! Addie was the primary nurse I was assigned to, who was incredibly responsive and helpful. Meredith, an NP, did many of my monitoring ultrasounds and was also competent and kind. Katie, who did my blood draws, was a ray of sunshine. And Ashley, the PACU nurse who gave me a call the day after, was funny, kind, and made retrieval day a breeze. Everyone was a superstar!
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
I did a TON of research before choosing RMA. I read every single review on here, Google, and Yelp of all the highest-rated clinics in the Bay Area before making my choice, which was informed by all the positive things that folks had to say about everyone who works there, from the physicians to the nurses to the staff, and I couldn't be happier with my choice, honestly. For a fast-moving process that can change quickly, having a clinic that EXCELS in communication (using Spruce, the messaging app) was a gift. Every time I reached out over Spruce, someone got back to me within minutes with the answer. Every person I interacted with was organized, competent, and kind. I never waited more than 10 minutes in the waiting room (usually less than 2 min) before being seen, and the facilities were top-of-the-line nice. While the reviewing system here is I think designed to somewhat penalize physicians who don't manage to see their patients every time they come for a visit, I think RMA's model (where you're assigned a primary physician who will see you if they are at the same office as you are that day; but there's a chance you could also see another physician or an NP if they are at the other office) works extremely well. With Dr. Kaser available over Spruce seemingly 24/7, I didn't mind seeing different providers for the monitoring appointments, especially because everyone was clued in to the plan. In addition, the team approach made me feel like I had access to a bunch of talented and kind people, not just one! And RMA is small enough (and their providers good enough) that everyone knew me/called me by name from the first visit to the last, so I very much felt known by and valued by their team. In addition, while I was willing to pay extra (none of this was covered by insurance, since it was elective and I have grad student insurance) for the best care, RMA ended up being *less* expensive than other top Bay Area clinics, so I feel like at the end of the day I got the best care AND at the best cost.
I paid $11k out of pocket - $6.4 to RMA (with 20% discount because I work in healthcare), $650 to anesthesia, and $4k in meds (using Alto pharmacy). My insurance didn't cover any of it, so this was expected. I had planned $12k with a cushion up to $15, so coming in at $11 actually was slightly better than expected!

2020 - 2021, Successful
He [Dr. Kaser] was considerate, thorough, responsive, and made us feel like he not only knew what he was doing, he was invested in our outcome...He explained things succinctly and clearly, and was always open to my questions...His support made it possible for us to try again with a different treatment regimen. That second round was successful for us, and we ended up with three viable embryos...
RMA in Silicon Valley is wonderful. While Dan was my primary doctor, I also had great interactions with Jonathan and Scott. It was great for us to work with a clinic that had a small handful of doctors so we could get to know them but also have more flexibility if we needed to schedule something when my primary doctor was unavailable (which was rare)...[nurses are] Friendly, extremely competent, loved getting to know them a bit every time I came in for injections/checks...
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of Northern California?
My partner and I had been working with a different clinic that wasn't a good match for us-- there had been delays to our treatment we didn't understand, we were always seeing different doctors. Dan Kaser at RMA was recommended to me by a good friend, and my partner and I found him to be the exact right match for us. He was considerate, thorough, responsive, and made us feel like he not only knew what he was doing, he was invested in our outcome. Our prognosis was good for our first round of IVF, however we experienced a set-back when I broke through the ovulation-delaying medication and all my eggs released before the retrieval. It was heartbreaking to have such an unexpected outcome at that early stage. It felt to us like Dan was on our team though, and he gave us hope. His support made it possible for us to try again with a different treatment regimen. That second round was successful for us, and we ended up with three viable embryos-- one of which was successfully transferred. Our baby was born one week ago today!
He is really responsive and patient so make sure to ask him all the questions you have, don't feel like any question is off the table.
Dan made me feel like a human because he was considerate, patient, and really present whenever we interacted. He explained things succinctly and clearly, and was always open to my questions. It felt like he was really invested in our success.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
RMA in Silicon Valley is wonderful. While Dan was my primary doctor, I also had great interactions with Jonathan and Scott. It was great for us to work with a clinic that had a small handful of doctors so we could get to know them but also have more flexibility if we needed to schedule something when my primary doctor was unavailable (which was rare). They were so generous and we're so grateful they helped us bring our baby into the world!

2021, Successful
Dr Kort immediately understood that time was a priority for me and he adjusted to my schedule with the egg retrieval cycle. He even worked around my holiday schedule so we didn't have to cancel personal plans...While explaining the procedures clearly and professionally, Dr Kort also cared about my feelings and my mental well being...I generally received answers to all my questions within 15 minutes even outside business hours. We never had to feel anxious when waiting for fertilization rates or PGT results as we were updated in a timely manner.
There are 2 locations [of RMA of Northern California]. Palo Alto and SF. They offer monitoring appointments in either location. If you have a strong preference to be seen by the same doctor you might need to alternate between the 2 locations. If you prefer to always go to the same location, the doctors are rotating. They only operate in SF. Egg retrieval and transfer are only in SF...[nurse] Responds in a timely manner within 15 minutes via spruce instant messaging system...
How was your experience with Jonathan Kort at RMA of Northern California?
Dr Kort is knowledgeable, professional and kind. His best interest is for us to have not just a healthy pregnancy but also a healthy baby who will grow up to be a healthy human being later on in life. Dr Kort never left us in doubt or in waiting about results at different stages of our egg retrieval cycle or PGT testing. He and his team respond quickly, no question is a bad question, they answered every time I had the smallest concerns. A different clinic put me on a waitlist, that is when I changed to RMA. Dr Kort immediately understood that time was a priority for me and he adjusted to my schedule with the egg retrieval cycle. He even worked around my holiday schedule so we didn't have to cancel personal plans. Despite the successful egg retrieval we ended up conceiving naturally, and Dr Kort was the happiest for us. It is a testimony that they don't look at patients as numbers or mere paying customers. He made sure to monitor my pregnancy hormone levels until my OBGYN was ready to take me on. Dr Kort is still available to me for the next few months via their spruce instant messaging system in case I have any questions. He is a fantastic doctor, and so is his entire team.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jonathan Kort at RMA of Northern California?
Trust Dr Kort, and trust the treatment plan. 1st egg retrieval cycle is a learning experience for both doctors and patients to see how the body responds to the hormones. 2nd cycle he made some personalized adjustments for me which yielded much better results. His best interest is for his patients to have a healthy pregnancy. Trust him.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jonathan Kort at RMA of Northern California?
While explaining the procedures clearly and professionally, Dr Kort also cared about my feelings and my mental well being. We changed clinics to see RMA as the other clinic put me on a waitlist unannounced. Dr Kort made sure he was always keeping us updated about anything treatment related in a timely manner, so we could make educated decisions. I generally received answers to all my questions within 15 minutes even outside business hours. We never had to feel anxious when waiting for fertilization rates or PGT results as we were updated in a timely manner. We also ended up conceiving naturally, and the clinic and Dr Kort was so happy for us, despite losing a paying patient. OBGYNs typically don't see pregnant women until 8-9 weeks but Dr Kort ensured that RMA confirmed my pregnancy via blood test and monitored my pregnancy hormone levels until I was ready to graduate to my OBGYN. They still offer support via their spruce messaging system for a few more months.
Describe the protocols Jonathan Kort used in your cycles at RMA of Northern California and their degree of success.
During my first round of egg retrieval at a different clinic, I had 1 genetically healthy embryo out of 13 eggs retrieved. In my 2nd cycle with Dr Kort I had 3 genetically healthy embryos out of 13 eggs retrieved. Basically ball blastocysts were genetically healthy. I used gonal f pen, menopur, cetrotide antagonist and Lupron trigger in my first cycle. In my second cycle I had a higher dosage of gonal f and also human growth hormone every other day. The rest was the same.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California. (Assigned nurse: Kristen Montecinos)
Responds in a timely manner within 15 minutes via spruce instant messaging system. No question was a bad question, like can I take turmeric supplements or is my bruising from injections "normal looking".
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
There are 2 locations. Palo Alto and SF. They offer monitoring appointments in either location. If you have a strong preference to be seen by the same doctor you might need to alternate between the 2 locations. If you prefer to always go to the same location, the doctors are rotating. They only operate in SF. Egg retrieval and transfer are only in SF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jonathan Kort at RMA of Northern California.
Roughly $30,000 for one round of egg retrieval including hormone injections, human growth hormone, genetic testing of the embryos. We only had to pay the out of pocket responsibility and copay according to our insurance.
Silicon Valley

Before even starting IVF, Dr. Kaser ordered several routine examinations since I hadn't been menstruating including a SIS and discovered that I have scarring in my uterus and fallopian tubes. He performed a laparoscopy so successfully that I only needed that one surgery and then we continued with IVF and egg retrieval, etc. When we did my egg retrieval I had 57 eggs retrieved due to PCOS, and he had me use a lupron trigger which prevented me from getting OHSS. During my preparation for embryo transfer I did progesterone injections, took estrogen pills orally, and also a thyroid med.
I loved all the nurses, admin, and everybody working at both the Silicon Valley and SF clinic [RMA of Northern California]. They knew me as soon as I walked in and were very warm and sweet. Scheduling appointments was super easy, they use Spruce as a texting service and literally responded within 10 minutes every time I sent them a message. My friends were shocked when I told them I could text my doctor...
How was your experience with Daniel Kaser at RMA of Northern California?
I LOVED working with Dr. Kaser. He was such an amazing doctor and I always left feeling really positive and optimistic. He did all of my major procedures (egg retrieval and transfer) which was awesome. He has such a good bedside manner, is very calm and patient, and just a warm genuine person to be around. The other doctors also helped with routine ultrasounds, communication, etc and they are all so nice. I would 100% recommend Dr. Kaser or any of the doctors at RMA.
Don't hesitate to have him as your doctor! He is amazing.
Dr. Kaser had the best bedside manner, was always positive and optimistic, and spent a lot of time with my husband and I when we had questions.
Angela was pretty good. She did a good job explaining the medications and being responsive via text.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
I loved all the nurses, admin, and everybody working at both the Silicon Valley and SF clinic. They knew me as soon as I walked in and were very warm and sweet. Scheduling appointments was super easy, they use Spruce as a texting service and literally responded within 10 minutes every time I sent them a message. My friends were shocked when I told them I could text my doctor.
We were so lucky to have amazing fertility insurance so we just had to pay our deductible which was about $500, and then co-pays for the meds. Very very lucky.
We decided to transfer one embryo
Silicon Valley

He [Dr. Kort] tried so many creative methods when essentially everything failed, and always asked me if I was okay with treatments and listened to my many questions...Dr. Kort is so kind to the extent that he might shy away from being as blunt as necessary (I felt that way, at least - he just doesn't want to scare you with bad news before it's for certain, which is totally understandable). So, don't be afraid to ask hard questions if you want to know all the odds and adversities you could face!...
RMA is hands down an incredible clinic. You're always seen by a physician for your ultrasounds...you're always treated extremely well by literally everyone that works there - from the receptionists to the embryologists. Their texting/telemedicine app Spruce is so handy and easy to use. They message you so promptly and never failed to give me instructions, updates...The nursing/medical assistant staff at RMA is just as incredible as the physicians...
How was your experience with Jonathan Kort at RMA of Northern California?
Dr. Kort cares so much about his patients and you can tell he's just genuinely a very good human. My one "qualm" is that he was a little too optimistic about my case, but frankly, no one could have known the results would be so poor. My case is extremely severe and rare for someone my age, so I do not blame him for being hopeful. He tried so many creative methods when essentially everything failed, and always asked me if I was okay with treatments and listened to my many questions. Being a bit of a smarty-pants myself, I know I am a difficult patient that always wants to understand the what and the how, does maybe a little too much PubMed research on her own, and is always thinking two steps ahead. I appreciate Dr. Kort so much for still treating me with patience and kindness. My friends in medicine jokingly say that I'm basically a physician's worst nightmare with my "know it all" ways, yet Dr. Kort never made me feel that way and always had my best interest at heart.
Dr. Kort was so kind to me from the get go. I walked into RMA thinking this would be a two week process given my young age (I was 26), and instead, found out I was perimenopausal and basically had ran out of eggs. Dr. Kort is compassionate and really understands the weight of all the bad news he has to share with me when things go wrong (which has been, essentially, all the time). If anything, I feel bad for putting him in a position where he has to consistently tell me things aren't going well, but he never seems to lose his patience with me or give up. I'm so beyond grateful for all that Dr. Kort taught me and the knowledge he brought into my life. Also, my wonderful GYN was one of his instructors during his residency/fellowship and was thrilled when I told her who my RE was. She said he was one of the nicest physicians she's ever trained!
I have used so many different protocols. Clomid priming, Letrozole priming, high amounts of Gonal F/Menopur, natural retrievals, Omnitrope, etc. My body basically didn't respond to any of them, but that's on me and my genetic condition, not on Dr. Kort.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Northern California.
The nursing/medical assistant staff at RMA is just as incredible as the physicians. They're SO nice, compassionate, and I feel like they genuinely became my friends. When I went in for my (many) retrievals and procedures, I loved catching up with them, they knew me well and asked about my life. I genuinely feel like part of the RMA family and will miss them so much once I'm no longer a patient.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
RMA is hands down an incredible clinic. You're always seen by a physician for your ultrasounds, and I became basically just as close to Dr. Kaser and Dr. Morin as I did with Kort. They even did some of my retrievals/hysteroscopy, but I never felt uncomfortable or like I was a stranger. My friends who had Dr. Morin as their RE also rave about him, and I can see why. Whenever you go in, you're always treated extremely well by literally everyone that works there - from the receptionists to the embryologists. Their texting/telemedicine app Spruce is so handy and easy to use. They message you so promptly and never failed to give me instructions, updates, etc. I know I'm a high maintenance patient, so I appreciated that. If Dr. Kort wasn't available, Morin or Kaser would get back to me super quickly, too. I can't think of any weaknesses, frankly. All the doctors are such hard workers and clearly trying their best with every patient. I can tell they're not just in it for the money, but they truly want to help people build their families. I have sent multiple friends to RMA for egg freezing, and not a single one of them has had a bad experience.
I had my treatment covered by Progyny, so I'm not aware of the costs.
Describe Jonathan Kort's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Northern California.
We did not get to that point as my one embryo was non-viable, sadly.
Silicon Valley

Dr. Kort never rushed our appointments and always spent time explaining things to me if I had questions...very compassionate, thorough, and careful. I felt like he always had my best interests in mind, and I trusted his judgment and treatment recommendations. He was also extremely responsive though the Spruce messaging app whenever I had any questions or concerns...would only allow eSET given my age and diagnosis...Antagonist Protocol: Day 1-3: 225iu Gonal F, 1 vial Menopur Day 4-5: 175iu Gonal F, 1 vial Menopur Day 6-8: 175iu Gonal F, 1 vial Menopur, 1 vial Cetrotide Day 9-10: 40 units Lupron This cycle produced 42 eggs (37 mature eggs) and 13 PGS-tested embryos...
They [staff at RMA of Northern California] were easy to contact (all comms handled through the Spruce app) and it was always easy to get an appointment. The only negative I can think of is that you will not see your primary doctor for every appointment, but I still was fine with the other doctors I saw...Monitoring appointments were during a 7-9am walk-in window. It did get very, very busy at certain times and I had to wait 10-20 minutes
How was your experience with Jonathan Kort at RMA of Northern California?
Dr. Kort is very compassionate, thorough, and careful. I felt like he always had my best interests in mind, and I trusted his judgment and treatment recommendations. He was also extremely responsive though the Spruce messaging app whenever I had any questions or concerns.
Ask questions, and he'll be happy to spend time answering them. Otherwise he may not bring up every single detail and aspect of your treatment.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Northern California.
I had no negative interactions with the nursing staff. All the nurses were kind, compassionate, and knowledgable.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
This clinic seemed well-equipped to treat someone with my diagnosis. They were easy to contact (all comms handled through the Spruce app) and it was always easy to get an appointment. The only negative I can think of is that you will not see your primary doctor for every appointment, but I still was fine with the other doctors I saw.
Monitoring appointments were during a 7-9am walk-in window. It did get very, very busy at certain times and I had to wait 10-20 minutes. With COVID-19 protocols, the walk-in window turned into mandatory scheduled appointments. When this happened, there was no wait.
My costs were covered under my health insurance.
My doctor would only allow eSET given my age and diagnosis.

Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Dr Morin was the first RE we had ever seen. His passion and compassion were very reassuring. Unfortunately, we didn't know enough about IVF at the time to educate and advocate for ourselves better as loads of critical details got lost and/or weren't explored enough...Neither my husband nor I underwent further medical examinations other than the genetic screening, ie no semen analysis, no uterus exam - nothing...Treatment protocols are heavily geared towards medications, no alternative suggestions like acupuncture, nutrition or supplements.
[RMA of Northern California] Strengths: very likeable, easy to reach via messaging app Weaknesses: cookie-cutter treatment approach, ie one size fits all, lack of thorough pre-exams to exclude potential other risks, disregard for alternative and/or complimenting approaches like supplements, acupuncture etc...Monitoring at Palo Alto office was only offered during the week during the morning hours. All procedures took place in SF which wasn't very convenient.
How was your experience with Scott Morin at RMA of Northern California?
Dr Morin is very likeable and personable so we immediately warmed up to him. He definitely comes across as someone you'd want to be friends with. From a treatment perspective we were too new to this journey to realize the lack of depth and options. Neither my husband nor I underwent further medical examinations other than the genetic screening, ie no semen analysis, no uterus exam - nothing. He's a big proponent of IVF being a numbers game, ie keep retrieving until you get that one embryo that'll stick. Treatment protocols are heavily geared towards medications, no alternative suggestions like acupuncture, nutrition or supplements. We left RMA after our failed transfer as we didn't feel confident about this numbers game. We would have preferred to explore all possible options to include changes that might have made even a small difference.
He's very likeable and personable, however, his approach seems very inflexible and 'one size fits all' rather than personalizing treatment plans.
First retrieval: standard protocol Second retrieval: micro-lupron protocol Third retrieval: include omnitrope Fourth retrieval: micro-lupron protocol
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California. (Assigned nurse: Everyone was great)
RMA staff were great, like your personal group of cheerleaders rooting for your success.
~$20k per retrieval, ~$8k per transfer, all excl. meds
RMA don't support multiple embryo transfers
Silicon Valley

He [Dr. Scott Morin] is warm, kind, compassionate, realistic, extremely knowledgable, and relaxed. You can feel how much he cares about his patients, so much so, that I always felt like I was his only patient. :) Before meeting Dr. Morin we interviewed four other doctors in the area and none even came close. After every doctors appointment the first words that came out of my mouth were how happy I was to be on Dr. Morin's team. This process was truly made so much better because of the wonderful team that was behind me. Dr. Morin is a rockstar!!!
Dr. Morin and his team [at RMA of N. California] have both offices in SF and PA, making it easy to always get an appointment. The Palo Alto office is right off the freeway as well!... Their offices are new, clean, comfortable and convenient. From the very beginning, Dr. Morin, Dr. Kort, Luciana, and their amazing team understand your goals and who YOU are making the entire process so wonderful. Before meeting Dr. Morin I was confused, didn't know what to do, and felt stuck. From the first handshake I knew I was in the right place. I was being guided and taken care of, something that had been missing for so long.
How was your experience with Scott Morin at RMA of Northern California?
I couldn't wait to write this review for Dr. Morin. From the moment my husband and I met him we felt like we were 100% in the right place. He is warm, kind, compassionate, realistic, extremely knowledgable, and relaxed. You can feel how much he cares about his patients, so much so, that I always felt like I was his only patient. :) Before meeting Dr. Morin we interviewed four other doctors in the area and none even came close. After every doctors appointment the first words that came out of my mouth were how happy I was to be on Dr. Morin's team. This process was truly made so much better because of the wonderful team that was behind me. Dr. Morin is a rockstar!!!
Dr. Morin and his team have both offices in SF and PA, making it easy to always get an appointment. The Palo Alto office is right off the freeway as well!
Dr. Morin and his team treated me like I was a person and not a number in their system. From the moment I stepped into their office I felt like there was now a team rooting me on and focusing all their efforts on getting me to my goal. Any little question I had was answered and remembered. I have never felt more like a human at a doctors office in my life. Can't stress this one enough!!
I was taught how to do all shots at home (much easier than anticipated), would come into the office almost every day for monitoring before the egg retrieval to make sure everything was going exactly to plan. We got a great number of eggs that made beautiful embryos and it worked on the first try!
Luciana and the entire nursing staff at RMA was OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! Every time I stepped into the office I was greeted with smiles, hugs, and conversation that was real. They were always available and were there cheering me on through every step. They never missed a beat and always left me feeling so positive and excited for what was to come. I could go on and on...
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
I don't remember off hand, but was inline with the other four clinics we interviewed.
Dr. Morin's approach was spot on, we wanted a healthy pregnancy and his knowledge of how to achieve that worked well for my husband and I.