LGBTQ+ Care
LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

761 Main Ave., Suite 200
Norwalk, CT 06851
440 Mamaroneck Ave., Suite 501
Harrison, NY 10528
103 Newtown Rd., Suite 1A
Danbury, CT 06810
Stamford
260 Long Ridge Rd., Entrance B (rear of building)
Stamford, CT 06902
Trumbull
115 Technology Dr., Suite C200
Trumbull, CT 06611

[Dr. Shaun Williams] was the kindest and most competent physician I have ever encountered. He is a great listener and never made me feel like I was being rushed because he had to tend to other patients. We had success with him about as quickly as I could have ever hoped to expect given my age...
You may see a different doctor every time you visit [RMA of Connecticut] and rarely have your doctor for the procedures. They all seem very competent as I had great success with the clinic despite my doctor not being the one who did any of my IVF procedures...They only allowed for single embryo transfers because their success rates are so high.
How was your experience with Shaun Williams at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut)?
Dr Williams was the kindest and most competent physician I have ever encountered. He is a great listener and never made me feel like I was being rushed because he had to tend to other patients. We had success with him about as quickly as I could have ever hoped to expect given my age.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shaun Williams at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut)?
Be patient and trust that he and everyone else at RMA definitely know what they are doing, even if the treatment seems overwhelming or even overkill at times.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shaun Williams at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut)?
He listened to all of my questions and took the time to answer thoughtfully and thoroughly.
Describe the protocols Shaun Williams used in your cycles at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut) and their degree of success.
The length of time on various meds seems interminable but go with it. If they say 21 days on estrogen before egg retrieval there is good reason for it. Although continuing injections for nine weeks also seems like a long time, it’s worth it if you are successful as I was. Even if you don’t think ISCI is worth the extra cost again, best to use every available option to only have to go through it once.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut).
Helpful and responsive
Describe your experience with Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut).
You may see a different doctor every time you visit and rarely have your doctor for the procedures. They all seem very competent as I had great success with the clinic despite my doctor not being the one who did any of my IVF procedures.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shaun Williams at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut).
Describe Shaun Williams's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut).
They only allowed for single embryo transfers because their success rates are so high. I was fine with that because it was successful and I would rather have had a chance to try again if it didn’t work.
LGBTQ+
Dr. Leondires made us feel welcome, comfortable, and like family. He explained everything in great detail and addressed all of our questions. He is simply amazing...is brilliant...He made us feel comfortable from the moment we met him. He is a wonderful doctor and person. Because he is a master of his craft our surrogate got pregnant on the very first try. He answered all of our questions promptly and never made us feel like we were asking too many of them. We cannot say enough positive things about Dr. Leondires.
The clinic [RMA of Connecticut] is top-notch. From a medical standpoint they are phenomenal. and they treat you like family. It is a wonderful clinic and they do not have any weaknesses. New patients should know that they are in the hands of the best physicians and nurses. Likewise, the customer service staff is incredible too. They should feel extremely confident that they will be taken great care of...Rachel is an incredible nurse and person. She always kept us up to date and explained everything thoroughly. She addressed our questions promptly. We are so lucky to have had her as our nurse.
How was your experience with Mark Leondires at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut)?
Dr. Leondires is brilliant and explained everything to us in great detail. He made us feel comfortable from the moment we met him. He is a wonderful doctor and person. Because he is a master of his craft our surrogate got pregnant on the very first try. He answered all of our questions promptly and never made us feel like we were asking too many of them. We cannot say enough positive things about Dr. Leondires.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Leondires at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut)?
Feel confident that you are in the hands of the best of the best. He is absolutely phenomenal and will treat you like family.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Leondires at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut)?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut). (Assigned nurse: Rachel Leto)
Describe your experience with Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut).
The clinic is top-notch. From a medical standpoint they are phenomenal. and they treat you like family. It is a wonderful clinic and they do not have any weaknesses. New patients should know that they are in the hands of the best physicians and nurses. Likewise, the customer service staff is incredible too. They should feel extremely confident that they will be taken great care of.

Consult
Dr. Ressler was very welcoming...She asked relevant questions but also asked other conversational questions as well. She was thorough in explaining potential causes of infertility and didn't question our belief that IVF was the appropriate course of treatment for us. She respected our comments and was very personable and friendly yet still completely professional...was very clear and concise in explaining next steps for us, including what diagnostic testing we should do as well as explaining the process of the various treatments, IUI, IVF etc.
A full IVF cycle [at RMA of Connecticut] was quoted to us for $15,900, and additional diagnostics testing on top of that...Beautiful lobby, friendly front desk staff, relaxing atmosphere, spacious and well decorated. Everyone we encountered was friendly and welcoming. The clinic, including the bathroom were all clean, well organized and warm...[nurse] was friendly, informative and answered all our many questions about the diagnostics testing and treatment procedures. She wasn't rushed and seemed to care about helping us feel comfortable and not stressed about the next steps.
How was your experience with Ilana Ressler at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut)?
Dr. Ressler was very welcoming and out us at ease. She asked relevant questions but also asked other conversational questions as well. She was thorough in explaining potential causes of infertility and didn't question our belief that IVF was the appropriate course of treatment for us. She respected our comments and was very personable and friendly yet still completely professional.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ilana Ressler at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut)?
I had a really great experience with Dr. Ressler, and basically I would just advise someone to relax, tell her anything that may be relevant and definitely ask questions if something doesn't make sense to you (for any doctor really).
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ilana Ressler at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut)?
She was kind, informative, and efficient but not rushed. It felt as though she really cared and was quick to answer any of our questions.
Describe the protocols Ilana Ressler used in your cycles at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut) and their degree of success.
I have currently only had the initial consultation. Dr. Ressler was very clear and concise in explaining next steps for us, including what diagnostic testing we should do as well as explaining the process of the various treatments, IUI, IVF etc.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut). (Assigned nurse: Judit Ordogh, RN)
Judit was friendly, informative and answered all our many questions about the diagnostics testing and treatment procedures. She wasn't rushed and seemed to care about helping us feel comfortable and not stressed about the next steps.
Describe your experience with Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ilana Ressler at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut).
I have only completed the consultation so far, which after going through insurance will most likely be around $350. A full IVF cycle was quoted to us for $15,900, and additional diagnostics testing on top of that.
Ilana Ressler
Unknown Success
It did not seem like Dr Meyer would have utilized anything other than a single embryo transfer based on my age and protocol...From the minute I met Dr. Meyer I felt like she was completely customizing my care and that me and the success of my journey were her primary priority. From our initial introduction call, she made me feel heard, seen, respected and honestly...LOVED!
Cathie [nurse at RMA of Connecticut] was like a second mom during the process, I felt comfortable and cared for with her from the minute our paths crossed...Roughly $10,000 for an IVF cycle plus PGS testing...Their strengths are how much they care, how professional they are, and the compassionate energy exuded about every member of their team. I can not think of any weakness about RMA, I would recommend them without hesitation to anyone/everyone I know!
How was your experience with Laura Meyer at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut)?
Dr. Meyer is warm, approachable, looks at everything from all angles and makes you feel like your health & happiness is always her top priority. She never makes you feel rushed, or judged or wants you to be in a situation where you don't feel her and the entire RMA team's support. She is hands-down the best medical professional I have had the privilege to lead my care in my 45 years.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Laura Meyer at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut)?
Do not be afraid to be direct with her, tell her what you REALLY want and need, she will absolutely listen to you and will not brush off your questions or diminish your concerns. Give it to her straight, and even if she comes back to you with low percentages, or predicts challenges in/for your journey, know that she will always do her best to help you overcome the odds + anything that might stand in your way to make sure you become, a mom/parent etc!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Laura Meyer at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut)?
Describe the protocols Laura Meyer used in your cycles at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut) and their degree of success.
Follicle stimulation, donor sperm, egg retrieval, PGS testing, frozen embryo transfer!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut). (Assigned nurse: Catherine Gray)
Cathie was like a second mom during the process, I felt comfortable and cared for with her from the minute our paths crossed.
Describe your experience with Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut).
RMA is the best of the best, through and through. I honestly cannot imagine being with any other clinic or think of anything but positive things to say about them. Their strengths are how much they care, how professional they are, and the compassionate energy exuded about every member of their team. I can not think of any weakness about RMA, I would recommend them without hesitation to anyone/everyone I know!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Laura Meyer at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut).
Roughly $10,000 for an IVF cycle plus PGS testing.
Describe Laura Meyer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut).
Laura Meyer

Investor
Leondires is a very thoughtful doctor - willing to spend time explaining process and steps. He also is very knowledgeable about current research and comprehensively covered risks / benefits and our percentage chance of success...Standard IVF cycle - - Birth control - 10 days shots - Egg retrieval - 1 month pause while embryos were tested and frozen - Frozen Transfer + 10 weeks of intramuscular progesterone
All in costs of $50K Insurance covered everything except PGS ($5K out of pocket)...Strengths [of RMA of Connecticut] - - Team based medicine - Timely, organized, and efficient - Responsive via e-mail - Great financial back office team Weaknesses - You need to be OK with team based medicine, you are not always going to see your primary dr. - Sometimes they are a bit rushed, especially in the AM. This was always OK with me b/c I had to go to work but others might feel shortchanged. They are always willing to talk over e-mail or other.
Let him guide you but ask all the questions you want! He's always happy to answer.
Great thoughtful care.
Describe the protocols Mark Leondires used in your cycles at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut) and their degree of success.
super great staff- good at getting you in + out but also will take time to explain things if needed.
Describe your experience with Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut).
Strengths - - Team based medicine - Timely, organized, and efficient - Responsive via e-mail - Great financial back office team Weaknesses - You need to be OK with team based medicine, you are not always going to see your primary dr. - Sometimes they are a bit rushed, especially in the AM. This was always OK with me b/c I had to go to work but others might feel shortchanged. They are always willing to talk over e-mail or other.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut).
Efficient well-oiled machine in the morning. Loved the way they did it.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Leondires at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut).
What specific things went wrong at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut).
The only thing was asking them to send my chart 2x to a new obgyn. Other than that, they were great.

2020 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Richlin is knowledgeable, kind and compassionate. He cares about you as a human being as well as a patient. He has worked with my special needs relayed to additional medical conditions and has been patient and understanding...Make sure Dr. Richlin is always in the loop. There are so many pair involved in your care that it is easy to get lost, but if he is always included, you can assure everyone will be on the same page
There is significant turnover in the [RMA of CT] nursing staff as well as changeover when you switch to egg donors, so you do begin to feel like a number and that care is disorganized...Hours are great, though they seem busier than their bandwidth. Too many patients so it’s easy to get lost in the shuffle. You need to take charge of your own care, which may be difficult for someone who does not also hold an MD themselves
How was your experience with Spencer Richlin at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Spencer Richlin at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut)?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Spencer Richlin at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut)?
Dr. Richlin went out of his way to call me whenever necessary or whenever I asked for a call.
There is significant turnover in the nursing staff as well as changeover when you switch to egg donors, so you do begin to feel like a number and that care is disorganized
Describe your experience with Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Spencer Richlin at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut).
My insurance covered most of my treatment except egg and sperm donor
2020 - 2022, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Cynthia Mudock] explained each procedure and “plan” thoroughly. Answered all of my questions and remained positive about me getting pregnant and carrying a child to full term. She explained different routes to achieve this goal...I had a shortened cervix which worried Dr. Murdoch so attempted IUI for another cycle which wasn’t fruitful. IVF was suggested at this time. I chose to take a break from fertility.
[RMA of Connecticut is] Efficient but sometimes very busy. They did do a great job of having early appointments available or squeezeing you in if necessary. Prompt responses and a team that goes above and beyond. Great environment...Very helpful and available 24/7. Answered all my questions and explained everything until I had a firm understanding.
How was your experience with Cynthia Murdock at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut)?
She explained each procedure and “plan” thoroughly. Answered all of my questions and remained positive about me getting pregnant and carrying a child to full term. She explained different routes to achieve this goal.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Cynthia Murdock at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut)?
Trust the process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Cynthia Murdock at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut)?
Compassion. She was candid but warm.
Describe the protocols Cynthia Murdock used in your cycles at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut) and their degree of success.
I had IUI and the second round I was pregnant. During the pregnancy I was told the baby had a birth defect and was encouraged to abort. I didn’t and later had a miscarriage at 17 weeks. I had a shortened cervix which worried Dr. Murdoch so attempted IUI for another cycle which wasn’t fruitful. IVF was suggested at this time. I chose to take a break from fertility.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut). (Assigned nurse: Bridgette )
Describe your experience with Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Cynthia Murdock at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut).
Can’t remember. My insurance covered it.
Describe Cynthia Murdock's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut).
The shortened cervix and my previous miscarriage worried the dr.
Norwalk

Dr. Richlin is warm, caring, and takes the time to explain things. He asked about our personal lives, and shared information about his, which helped us bond...He is a very warm physician who takes the time to explain the science behind the procedures. He seems to care about you as a human being and is rooting for your success. When we did not initially get the results we were hoping for, Dr. Richlin met with us several times to talk about altering protocol. He renewed our optimism.
[RMA - Norwalk] Run efficiently, kind staff, organized. Billing is only so so...Kisten (and Cathy) at RMA are both kind and helpful individuals. Kirsten is my assigned nurse, and she is very knowledgeable and thoughtful....19,950 for one ivf cycle...[Monitoring Appointments] No complaints. Very efficient....Dr. Richlin is warm, caring, and takes the time to explain things. He asked about our personal lives, and shared information about his, which helped us bond.
Bring all of your questions with you - he will take the time to answer them!
Describe the protocols Spencer Richlin used in your cycles at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut) and their degree of success.
I had normal numbers, so we did a standard antagonistic cycle with low to moderate dosages. HCG as trigger. Now, I am using a down regulation stimulation (just started with lupron).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut). (Assigned nurse: Kirsten Hennigan)
Describe your experience with Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut).
Run efficiently, kind staff, organized. Billing is only so so.
No complaints. Very efficient.
19,950 for one ivf cycle
Norwalk

Dr Williams talks you through everything he is doing. He genuinely wants you to understand everything as opposed to assuming you don't need to...Dr Williams is very soft spoken, but extremely thorough. He answers all of your questions before you even ask them and goes above and beyond to make sure you are involved in the process...Don't let his soft spoken demeanor deter you from choosing him as your doctor. He is wonderful.
The clinic [RMA] is a well polished factory. They're good at drawing you in but it takes some time to find the people who are best to work with...[Nurse] Linda is to the point but very organized...The clonic's staff is questionable at best. I've had people who can't draw blood without leaving huge bruises and receptionists who forget to check you in for a procedure...If I don't get there by 7am then I could be waiting for an hour. They only have two ultrasound rooms. But if I go for just blood work then it's usually in and out.
Dr Williams is very soft spoken, but extremely thorough. He answers all of your questions before you even ask them and goes above and beyond to make sure you are involved in the process whereas other doctors are more "just let me do my thing".
Describe your experience with your nurse at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut). (Assigned nurse: Linda)
Linda is to the point but very organized.
Describe your experience with Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut).
The clinic is a well polished factory. They're good at drawing you in but it takes some time to find the people who are best to work with.
Just co-insurance
The clonic's staff is questionable at best. I've had people who can't draw blood without leaving huge bruises and receptionists who forget to check you in for a procedure. You have to stay on top of them.
Norwalk

The treatment [under the care of Dr. Richlin] was based on standard protocols applied in a sequence based on trial and error. It wasn’t taken into consideration my reoccurring pregnancy losses and I was told PGS testing would help! It didn’t! My protocol was not tailored for my specific challenges...If you are a candidate for typical fertility issues that can be addressed with common iVF protocols, then his the dr for you. If you need a dr to customize a protocol and dig deeper into how to help you. He is not that dr or perhaps that isn’t the type of clinic....
They [RMA of Connecticut] are fast, on point and clean. You are in and out quickly. That’s the best part. Weakness is you sometimes feel rushed during your sessions. If you have a somewhat unique fertility issue this is not the place for you. They won’t dig into figuring that out. They focus and excel on common fertility issues with standard protocols....
The treatment was based on standard protocols applied in a sequence based on trial and error. It wasn’t taken into consideration my reoccurring pregnancy losses and I was told PGS testing would help! It didn’t! My protocol was not tailored for my specific challenges.
Gonal 225, Menopur 225 Estrace, microdose lupron 20 units, gonal 300 and menopur 150
Describe your experience with your nurse at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut). (Assigned nurse: Carmen)
Everyone is on point no complaints
Describe your experience with Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut).
They are fast, on point and clean. You are in and out quickly. That’s the best part. Weakness is you sometimes feel rushed during your sessions. If you have a somewhat unique fertility issue this is not the place for you. They won’t dig into figuring that out. They focus and excel on common fertility issues with standard protocols.

Donor Eggs With Other Docs
My experience [with Dr. Shaun Williams] was great! Very understanding and compassionate. Dr. Williams explained my chances of success with ERA testing. I will be doing my transfer with RMACT in April. He as been very accommodating to my travel since I am driving 1600 miles round trip for treatment...After talking with Dr Williams and telling him my story and all that we have been through. He suggested I do the ERA testing. Since we do not have any fertility coverage with our insurance he got me into the study with Igenomix to do the ERA for free.
ERA [at RMA of Connecticut] testing was free. FET transfer is $5100...The staff and Drs are very well organized and answer all questions. I really like how you are assigned your own nurse to contact for anything. The billing team is also very quick to get back with questions. I liked that the clinic had medications included in the transfer package...When you need “ new eyes” go to RMACT...My experience was great! Very understanding and compassionate. Dr. Williams explained my chances of success with ERA testing. I will be doing my transfer with RMACT in April. He as been very accommodating to my travel since I am driving 1600 miles round trip for treatment.
When you need “ new eyes” go to RMACT
I only did the ERA studywith Dr. Williams. I did a mock transfer cycle with PIO and estrace.
ERA testing was free. FET transfer is $5100

2015, Unknown Success
Direct & straight forward. Clearly presented the facts & our recommended path... Don't be afraid to ask questions until you understand. Dr Murdock has more patience than most!
The nurses at RMACT are a blessing... They make the entire process so much better! Murdock and the assigned team is quick to respond to numerous emails (full of questions and fears!) and they have created a true "team" environment to support you along the journey.
Direct & straight forward. Clearly presented the facts & our recommended path.
The nurses at RMACT are a blessing. They are warm, open, encouraging and personal. The make the entire process so much better! Murdock and the assigned team is quick to respond to numerous emails (full of questions and fears!) and they have created a true "team" environment to support you along the journey.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut). (Assigned nurse: Courtney Huchtinson)
Courtney was our patient navigator - our point person for both medical and financial questions - always pointing us in the right direction and taking our concerns/preferences into consideration. She is always a bright, friendly face and contact!
While my doctor was unavailable I met with another doctor who wrote an incomplete prescription. It wasn't something I needed immediately and when I contacted my patient coordinator it was resolved in under 24 hours (over a holiday weekend).
Norwalk

Dr. Shaun Williams is extremely caring and takes his time. He has called me throughout the experience to check in and give me critical updates. In the beginning when we were diagnosing and trying to figure out next steps, he gave us a ton of detail and explained each step thoroughly...I did feel like my ultrasounds and regular check ins during the retrieval process was very quick and I didn't have time to ask questions.
[RMA of Connecticut] is very professional, clean, the appointments are on time and the team is very attentive. One weakness and frustration is that it's impossible to get your results...they do not upload your results into an online portal and every time you try and request your results, you have to sign paperwork and then they email them to you individually...
Dr. Williams is extremely caring and takes his time. He has called me throughout the experience to check in and give me critical updates. In the beginning when we were diagnosing and trying to figure out next steps, he gave us a ton of detail and explained each step thoroughly.
I felt like my individual appointments were personalized and my doctor took his time. But I did feel like my ultrasounds and regular check ins during the retrieval process was very quick and I didn't have time to ask questions.
Describe your experience with Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut).
RMA is very professional, clean, the appointments are on time and the team is very attentive. One weakness and frustration is that it's impossible to get your results. They do not upload your results into an online portal and every time you try and request your results, you have to sign paperwork and then they email them to you individually. It doesn't make any sense and it's pretty frustrating.
It was very efficient and well run but I didn't have a lot of time and felt sort of rushed.
2022 - 2023, Successful
I couldn’t recommend him [Dr. Mark Leondires] more highly - he is one of the most knowledgeable doctors I’ve ever encountered (and I work in healthcare!). I truly believe we wouldn’t be currently expecting a Child via surrogate if it weren’t for him. He was calm, thoughtful, compassionate and always had a clear way of looking at difficult situations...He was so thoughtful and kind in taking the time to talk us through some extremely hard decisions while giving us medical facts and statistics to back everything up. We could not have had the success we have now to bout him - no question about it!
[RMA of Connecticut] Strengths - all docs are excellent so it doesn’t matter who you see during morning monitoring bc they are all amazing Weakness - only not great experience was once or twice having trouble getting an answer from billing on something (but only happened a couple times in 4 years)...[nursing staff has] Clear communication, prompt responses, very empathetic and compassionate always. Very reliable - felt like I always had someone there for me having a nurse assigned specifically to me and always a nurse to cover them if they were out one day
I couldn’t recommend him more highly - he is one of the most knowledgeable doctors I’ve ever encountered (and I work in healthcare!). I truly believe we wouldn’t be currently expecting a Child via surrogate if it weren’t for him. He was calm, thoughtful, compassionate and always had a clear way of looking at difficult situations.
Be ready with your questions. Write down the answers so you remember!
He was extremely compassionate, has surrogacy experience himself with his kids, and is a master of all things surrogacy! He was so thoughtful and kind in taking the time to talk us through some extremely hard decisions while giving us medical facts and statistics to back everything up. We could not have had the success we have now to bout him - no question about it!
I don’t remember specifics as far as medications and exact names of procedures. He always explained things clearly and had a rationale for everything he did
Describe your experience with your nurse at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut). (Assigned nurse: Rachel)
IVF not covered by insurance was somewhere around 16-18k I thjnk
2020 - 2023, Successful
Surrogacy With Other Docs
She [Dr. Cynthia Murdock] was always responsive, candid while showing great empathy, honest while also being hopeful. She new things like statistics whenever I asked, and always was clear in her explanations. It took a long time to get the result of having my surrogate ultimately get pregnant, but she never gave up on me and was also simultaneously realistic if my situation. I will always be so grateful for her.
[RMA of Connecticut] Strengths: great communication, great support/compassion, give hope, also realistic of your situation, extremely knowledgeable Weakness: a couple times I had trouble getting a fast response from the billing team on some bills I had questions about, but it was ultimately worked out (I may have had to reach out more than once)
She was always responsive, candid while showing great empathy, honest while also being hopeful. She new things like statistics whenever I asked, and always was clear in her explanations. It took a long time to get the result of having my surrogate ultimately get pregnant, but she never gave up on me and was also simultaneously realistic if my situation. I will always be so grateful for her.
Be open, ask questions. She will be supportive and give you hope without being unrealistic. She is always willing to talk and answer questions so be ready to ask them.
She is extremely kind, thoughtful, empathetic and takes whatever time is needed. You never feel rushed when talking with her
I don’t remember many of the technical terms and drugs, but I do know that I had to go on the max amount of stimulation drugs bc I produced just an ok amount of eggs so I need a lot of stimulation during my egg retrieval cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut). (Assigned nurse: Judit (initially) and Rachel (when I switched to using a surrogate))
Extremely responsive, very quick to email back, always organized. Always willing to answer questions or contact doctor to get answer to question
Describe your experience with Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut).
It varied based on my insurance. When I had zero insurance coverage, I want to say it cost be16-18k for one full cycle (egg retrieval/transfer).
No comment

LGBTQ+
[Dr. Mark Leondires] is a very nice and patience person,he very thoughtful ,we feel so comfortable...We’re forever grateful for Dr Leondires and his staff have done for us...we did ERA test ,biopsy test before embryo transfer.Dr Leondires gave us option,ERA test will increase pregnant chance...so passionate,even my English not very good,they provide best they can,they try explained detail till I understood...I know multiple embryo transfer is so risky,so We decided to transfer one embryo each time.
My plan [at RMA of Connecticut] approximately cost $43000,surrogacy plan $17170,PGS testing $3725,medical screening fee $1863,egg donor fee $18621,gestational carrying fee $3819.In additional ERA test and biopsy test and monitoring ultrasound check...We’re so grateful to choose them,Dr Leondires and his team so passionate,even my English not very good,they provide best they can,they try explained detail till I understood,we’re happy to work with them.
We’re forever grateful for Dr Leondires and his staff have done for us.Nurse Rachel and Tracy update information every time during my surrogate mother ultrasound check and bookwork test. They are the best!
Be positive !
Dr Leondires is a very nice and patience person,he very thoughtful ,we feel so comfortable .
I don’t remember everything,but we did ERA test ,biopsy test before embryo transfer.Dr Leondires gave us option,ERA test will increase pregnant chance.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut). (Assigned nurse: Rachel,Tracy,Christina )
They are so careful and update information as quick as possible.
Describe your experience with Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut).
My plan approximately cost $43000,surrogacy plan $17170,PGS testing $3725,medical screening fee $1863,egg donor fee $18621,gestational carrying fee $3819.In additional ERA test and biopsy test and monitoring ultrasound check.
Describe Mark Leondires's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut).

2023, Successful
Dr. Ressler was honest, transparent and communicative. She wasn't always the doctor I saw for monitoring or even retrievals or transfers, but I always felt like I was under her care, which is impressive...I did one egg retrieval and one embryo transfer that resulted in one active pregnancy (currently 14 weeks). I did Gonal F (450 iu), Low dose HCG (20 iu), Cetrotide and Ganirelix 0.25mg. This resulted in 8 oocytes, 5 embryos, 3 of which were euploid.
I can't say enough good things about Illume Fertility...From the first appointment to the monitoring once I was pregnant I was treated with kindness, dignity and respect by everyone I interacted with. The receptionists, embryologists, doctors, nurses, on-call staff, everyone...My primary nurse and the entire nursing staff were so on top of things. They often reached out before I had questions and answered even the smallest questions for me. The on call nursing staff I spoke with after hours were some of the most compassionate and understanding I have ever interacted with - talking me through different decisions or options and helping me make decisions.
From the first appointment to the monitoring once I was pregnant I was treated with kindness, dignity and respect by everyone I interacted with. The receptionists, embryologists, doctors, nurses, on-call staff, everyone. I can't say enough good things about Illume Fertility.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut). (Assigned nurse: Stephanie)
My primary nurse and the entire nursing staff were so on top of things. They often reached out before I had questions and answered even the smallest questions for me. The on call nursing staff I spoke with after hours were some of the most compassionate and understanding I have ever interacted with - talking me through different decisions or options and helping me make decisions. Stephanie was fantastic.
Describe your experience with Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut).
I didn't have one single negative interaction at the Harrison or Danbury locations. I had to wait only one time to be seen, and that was on a Sunday. It's great that they're open 7 days a week. After my transfer I wrote this in my notes: "Transfer went smoothly! I received acupuncture before and after. Dr. Williams was very gentle, kind and communicative. Everyone I spoke with explained the process clearly, were kind and answered my questions. I felt respected by each and every person I interacted with - from the receptionist to the embryologist." It's comforting to know everything is done on-site.
The overall costs were less than I expected for the type of care we received.
Ilana Ressler
2023, Successful
She was very sympathetic to my issues. She was very gentle and really wasn’t aggressive. When I had an issue with a drug she called me right away and changed the drug and the new drug worked well for me. She was so intelligent and I really felt confident having her as my doctor...She was so thorough and really did every test. It was an amazing experience...She answered every question and she really cared.
I never waited for my appointment [at Illume Fertility - Harrison]. They were ALWAYS on time!! The office was always clean. They opened early so I was able to able to take my daughter to school after. They have no weakness! Parking is easy...[nurse] Kathryn. She answered every email in less than a hour. Showed me how to use the needle. Really held my hand...[Dr. Meyer] She answered every question and she really cared. You can tell when a doctor doesn’t care - she treated me like family
GO TO HER!!! My regular OB had no answers. She was so thorough and really did every test. It was an amazing experience
Clomid made me very sick. She used a different pill on a low dosage and I had the result she needed for the IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut). (Assigned nurse: Danielle)
Kathryn. She answered every email in less than a hour. Showed me how to use the needle. Really held my hand!
Describe your experience with Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut).
I never waited for my appointment. They were ALWAYS on time!! The office was always clean. They opened early so I was able to able to take my daughter to school after. They have no weakness! Parking is easy.
My insurance covered it! And I don’t have fancy insurance
No comments
Laura Meyer
Harrison

Any discussion we had with Dr. Williams, we never felt rushed or pressured to quickly finish the appointment or hang up the phone. He always knew exactly what our situation was and didn’t have to read of the chart to discuss the options...We went through one cycle of IVF. I was on a combination of Menopur and Gonal F to stimulate egg production...Then Ganirelix to mature the eggs and HCG to release them for the retrieval
The [RMA of Connecticut] clinic has a team approach and encourages complete wellness, including counseling, Accupunture and support groups. They aren’t just concerned about the medical aspects of infertility but your mental health as well..I have a high deductible plan... so I’ve spent a around $15000 so far on everything for the medications and procedures.
I saw Dr. Williams for the consultations and follow up appointments. He also did my egg retrieval. We have only done one so far as when we did the first one... we had the hope we would find sperm when my husband had his procedure. Unfortunately that did not happen. We are currently in the process of using known sperm donors. Dr. Williams was incredibly understanding and compassionate when he had to give us the news that there was no sperm to be found and my husband would never be the biological father. This process is the hardest thing we’ve had to go through... mentally, physically and financially... but Dr. Williams and his team gives us as much support as they can.
Don’t be afraid to keep asking questions and options if you aren’t satisfied with the answers. Advocate for yourself and Dr, Williams was always happy to explain everything in detail.
Any discussion we had with Dr. Williams, we never felt rushed or pressured to quickly finish the appointment or hang up the phone. He always knew exactly what our situation was and didn’t have to read of the chart to discuss the options. It feels like he really knows us and our case. We were given the news that my husband had no sperm and it was a shock. In a sense, worst case senario. Dr. Williams was there to talk us through the next steps and was comforting when I was crying and upset.
We went through one cycle of IVF. I was on a combination of Menopur and Gonal F to stimulate egg production... Then Ganirelix to mature the eggs and HCG to release them for the retrieval. They were able to get 9 mature eggs to freeze. With no sperm to create embryos we could not do a fresh transfer. So now we will be going through the process of counseling and a medical work up for his two brothers to be donors to at least our babies will be blood relatives in the future and share 25% of my husbands genes.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut). (Assigned nurse: Patrica )
Pat is my primary nurse. She is a bit tough but I still really like her. She always returned my calls fairly quickly. She was very straight forward, didn’t beat around the bush with any concerns.
Describe your experience with Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut).
The clinic has a team approach and encourages complete wellness, including counseling, Accupunture and support groups. They aren’t just concerned about the medical aspects of infertility but your mental health as well. They understand how hard it is!
Morning monitoring was between 7 and 8am. It was first come, first serve basis. It was fairly quick appointments as long as you went early.
Out of pocket would have been $15,000 for one cycle of IVF... $5000 for the embryo testing. Cryopreservation is $1200 each cycle. I have a high deductible plan... so I’ve spent a around $15000 so far on everything for the medications and procedures. Using a known sperm donor will be costing us around $8000 (it’s about $4000 per person) but we are using both of his brothers.
He only does single embryo transfers because they said the research shows that multiple embryo transfer only increases your risk of multiples, it does not increase your likelihood of pregnancy.
There has been occasions when they forgot to call with bloodwork. But it wasn’t anything that needed immediate attention.
Danbury

Dr. Cynthia Murdock explained absolutely everything...As soon as she got results in, I was notified and told about them...explained every test that my husband and I had done in even more detail as well as the response...I had a surgery when I was 8 years old...during that surgery, one of the surgeons knicked my fallopian tube causing significant scar tissue, which is blocking my tube not allowing me to become pregnant naturally. Dr. Murdoch allowed my husband and me a moment and explained it's not the best news, but reminded us that it's not the end of the road for us.
RMA is one of the best doctor offices I had gone too. Starting with the front desk and feeling so welcome, ending with the nurses who were so kind while taking blood tests. The office is immaculate and clean!...The moment you walk in you feel welcomed and most of all SAFE..[nurse] usually called me with any blood results and explained it all over the phone. If I had any questions she made it clear that I could call, text, or email her at any time...
Dr. Cynthia Murdock explained absolutely everything. If that wasn't enough, each time I went back for another appointment, she would explain everything again. As soon as she got results in, I was notified and told about them. In the most recent appointment, Dr. Murdock went above and beyond and explained every test that my husband and I had done in even more detail as well as the response. I would recommend her to everyone, as I was recommended to her by a great friend.
The biggest advice is there is no question too small. The team Dr. Murdock assembles for you is great. Take advantage of having everyone's email, so when and if you do have a question, email them and they will contact you as soon as possible.
I had a surgery when I was 8 years old. It was tough to hear the news that during that surgery, one of the surgeons knicked my fallopian tube causing significant scar tissue, which is blocking my tube not allowing me to become pregnant naturally. Dr. Murdoch allowed my husband and me a moment and explained it's not the best news, but reminded us that it's not the end of the road for us. She sat there and answered all of the questions we had (it felt like 50 questions) and understood why we wouldn't be able to move forward until a later date.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut). (Assigned nurse: Kathy Ferreira)
Everyone in the office was amazing. The moment you walk in you feel welcomed and most of all SAFE. Kathy was great! She usually called me with any blood results and explained it all over the phone. If I had any questions she made it clear that I could call, text, or email her at any time.
Describe your experience with Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut).
RMA is one of the best doctor offices I had gone too. Starting with the front desk and feeling so welcome, ending with the nurses who were so kind while taking blood tests. The office is immaculate and clean! The only weakness that I would state, is making sure when you prepare someone for their first appointment they understand they should eat something because there will be a significant amount taken for blood tests.
So far the cost has been about $4,000 for testing. The unfortunate part is my husband and I have to pay $16,000 out of pocket before starting the IVF process. My insurance covered some of the testing, but not all of it.

2016 - 2020, Unsuccessful
Discussing ovum donation is such a sensitive topic and he [Dr. Hurwitz] was so cautious of our feelings and to not push in one way or another, it was a beautiful respect he showed to this process. He has always been so honest with us as a couple and when he speaks to you about your options, you know he truly does have your best interest in mind. His professionalism shines in the least expected places.
They [RMA] always provide a clean and modern environment with updated treatments and have a whole wellness approach in conjunction with treatments. The only negative experience is that during morning monitoring, it can become crowded in the waiting rooms, but even that is just a slight inconvenience...I have found all of my experiences with my nurses and care coordinators to be professional and caring.
How was your experience with Joshua Hurwitz at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut)?
My journey with Dr.Hurwitz has had such beautiful, yet challenging ups and downs due to my fertility issues. I first sought him out as a doctor (upon wanting to continue to get pregnant after taking time off from treatments) because during our first egg retrieval in 2016, he was the doctor who performed it and made me feel so comfortable and cared for. I didn’t even know him at that point, but had such a wonderful feeling about his professionalism and just overall kindness. Even upon sharing that we would not be able to use my own eggs and would need to consider ovum donation, he explained the process and made my husband and I not feel so defeated. Discussing ovum donation is such a sensitive topic and he was so cautious of our feelings and to not push in one way or another, it was a beautiful respect he showed to this process. He has always been so honest with us as a couple and when he speaks to you about your options, you know he truly does have your best interest in mind. His professionalism shines in the least expected places. I remember that during his day off, he still contacted me to tell me the results of our embryo and just him taking that time created a bond and trust that I am so grateful for. As a therapist, I have come across many people and feel like I have a good intuition about people, with Dr.Joshua Hurwitz, I knew that he was meant to be apart of our journey to building our family.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joshua Hurwitz at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut)?
I have already referred a lot of my friends to meet with him for consultations and so I always tell them “be honest and transparent with him because he really is able to sense when you are not being as open with what you want.”
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joshua Hurwitz at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut)?
Doctor Hurwitz has always been transparent and honest with me since the beginning. Whenever he would walk into the examination room, he would be so respectful and engaging in conversation other than just around the fertility process- he makes you feel like you are his only focus during that time he is with you. He is warm and kind and so understanding of how hard this process is on a couple and you can really feel how much he cares.
Describe the protocols Joshua Hurwitz used in your cycles at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut) and their degree of success.
During my treatment with Dr.Hurwitz he has utilized: Clomid Ganirellix Hgh Letrozole Follistim Menopur Birth control I have had the range of all different variations of doses for these medications. Dr.Hurwitz would have protocols where we would do higher doses of these combinations (with no success) and then lower doses of these combinations of injections and medications to stimulate follicle growth (with no success). He has always been transparent to explain that with Diminished Ovarian Reserve, there is not a clear protocol that will necessarily be successful, so with every woman’s body it is about exploring what works for them. This is also why the difficult but honest conversation around ovum donation was inevitable for us as a couple.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut). (Assigned nurse: Emily Kelsey)
Overall, I have found all of my experiences with my nurses and care coordinators to be professional and caring. I felt like they understood/understand the sensitivity around the topic of fertility and focused on being clear in their communication. They never overstepped boundaries and would redirect questions to the appropriate people when needed.
Describe your experience with Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut).
RMA has a very positive reputation in the fertility community which I completely support and agree with. They always provide a clean and modern environment with updated treatments and have a whole wellness approach in conjunction with treatments. The only negative experience is that during morning monitoring, it can become crowded in the waiting rooms, but even that is just a slight inconvenience.
The only inconvenience with morning monitoring is that it would become crowded at times in the waiting room and/or you would have to wait for awhile (longest time was 40 minutes). I would prefer specific morning monitoring appointments instead.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joshua Hurwitz at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut).
In general, we were responsible for costs of medications and part of fertility treatments dependent on what our insurance company would cover or not. Overall, we have spent around $6,000 in 2019 based on the financial needs for our fertility treatments. We are already going to be spending at least $22,000 for our ovum donation protocol once the fertility services have resumed once the pandemic has ceased for some time.
Describe Joshua Hurwitz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut).
Dr.Hurwitz was open about the pros and cons of single versus multiple embryo transfer, but since we had no viable embryos, that was not an option for us anyways.

2020, Unknown Success
Dr Hurwitz was kind, supportive and funny. He was able to use his humor and upbeat personality to be uplifting...there were a few times I felt that my questions were given off to the nurse and I was not always aware of my next step with some medications...I ended up interacting with multiple practitioners, all of which I have been fortunate to interact with.
I loved the Danbury clinics [RMA of Connecticut] everyone from the receptionist to the phlebotomists. The only thing is getting through on the phone to the Danbury office hard to get right to the receptionist. I did also go to Norwalk which was great as well. I did not care for the Trumbull office the receptionist was short, rude and had her ear pods in...I did the opportunity plan and feel like there was a large “opportunity” loss in explanation of “other”costs
I really have only great things to say about Dr Hurwitz. Strengths: compassion, empathy, humor, dedicated Weakness: not much, there were a few times I felt that my questions were given off to the nurse and I was not always aware of my next step with some medications, but this was rare. This is also very challenging because as I went through the IVF during coronavirus outbreak. I ended up interacting with multiple practitioners, all of which I have been fortunate to interact with! Dr Williams has been my primary since initial inquiry. I wish I could have been on his care more! He is warm soft spoken and reassuring! Available to answer my questions anytime on his personal phone.Dr Murdock did my embryo transfer and she was very comforting. My husband was not allowed in with me and she took the time to make sure I could get him on FaceTime. I didn’t feel rushed or under pressure. Finally Dr Leondires was also very kind and through with my first US! Although I usually like sticking with one provider, under these covid circumstances I am so lucky to have been under care of all these physicians. I hope to with another baby in the future :)
Relax
Dr Hurwitz was kind, supportive and funny. He was able to use his humor and upbeat personality to be uplifting. It was not offensive. I felt that support both professionally and personally
Birth control for about two weeks I believe.. Then for about 10 days I believe it gonal f 300 and low dose hcg 10 Then high dose hcg 36 hours prior to Retrieval This regimen was made by Dr Williams
Describe your experience with your nurse at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut). (Assigned nurse: Emily Kelsey )
Emily was great and answered questions. I also think she took on more then she needed to from me, it was hard to know what questions went to her vs Pt navigator Meghan. I had very little communication with Meghan. Emily was very timely with responses except she was off on fridays and I found if needed some difficult getting in touch with an on call nurse at Danbury. She is very compassionate checks in to see how I’m feeling.
Describe your experience with Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut).
I loved the Danbury clinics everyone from the receptionist to the phlebotomists. The only thing is getting through on the phone to the Danbury office hard to get right to the receptionist. I did also go to Norwalk which was great as well. I did not care for the Trumbull office the receptionist was short, rude and had her ear pods in.
Very easy and flexible in/out hardly a wait
I did the opportunity plan and feel like there was a large “opportunity” loss in explanation of “other”costs we did also the embryo analysis which was $20k but tesa/mesa and additional medication charges I think there were about an additional 3-4K in out of pocket expenses. These possibilities/situations would be best if noted specifically before starting the procedure, not just a disclaimer that says “additional charges may occur”
Dr Williams stated since I was you’ve he recommended a single embryo transfer
There was a medication mix up some challenges with village Pharmacy some medications were even cheaper at my local pharmacy

Investment Banker
He was the best cheerleader I could ask for going through a process like this. ... I think what really separates Dr. Hurwitz from the rest is the fact he cared so much that he called me the day before the retrieval AND transfer to provide encouraging words. ... I was diagnosed with PCOS and anovulation so we began IUI from the start. ... Dr. Hurwitz adjusted protocol immediately and put me on Femara.
The clinic [RMA of Connecticut] was very very clean. The clinic never felt like a typical doctor's office. I visited the Danbury and Norwalk locations and both are well maintained. The staff in both locations are very pleasant and knowledgeable. every visit was very enjoyable. ... She [nurse] was a strong advocate for me, and even assisted when the fertility pharmacy was giving me a little difficulty filling a prescription.
My experience with Dr. Hurwitz was nothing less than a 10. I was fortunate enough to be seen by Dr. Hurwitz for most of my visits. He made me feel very comfortable as a patient, and did what he could to lighten the mood in the most stressful times. I appreciated how straight forward he was. I did not leave one appointment without feeling fully informed of the next steps. Dr. Hurwitz explained everything in a way that my husband and I could understand, and anything that we needed further clarification of he would take the time to ensure we fully understood. Dr. Hurwitz gave his advice and opinions, but never made us feel pressure to choose one option over another. He supported every decision we made and let us have control over the process. We didn't feel like we were being treated as patients, but more like long time friends.
Have the expectation you may not always see Dr. Hurwitz at your appointments. You may work with different doctors though out your visits, but Dr. Hurwitz will always check in with you. Dr. Hurwitz gets to the point. If you have any questions come prepared with them. He will take the time to answer all of them, but come prepared.
From the first consultation Dr. Hurwitz made myself and husband feel very comfortable. He took the time to get to know us personally, and share information about himself. He was the best cheerleader I could ask for going through a process like this. At every appointment my husband couldn't attend he would ask for him and how he was doing. I think what really separates Dr. Hurwitz from the rest is the fact he cared so much that he called me the day before the retrieval AND transfer to provide encouraging words. I have never had a doctor go above and beyond like that, it was a very pleasant surprise. Dr. Hurwitz truly made me feel part of the RMA family.
I was diagnosed with PCOS and anovulation so we began IUI from the start. First cycle I was put on Clomid, and was unfortunate enough to be the small population to respond negatively. I ended up with a cyst and had to cancel the cycle. Dr. Hurwitz adjusted protocol immediately and put me on Femara. I used Femara and the trigger shot ( I cant remember the name at this time) for 2 additional cycles with no issues, but no positive results either. The third cycle Dr. Hurwitz added ovidrel into the mix along with the femara and trigger shot. Still no success. After the 4th failed IUI we met with Dr. Hurwitz for the IVF consult. We decided at that time it would be best for us to move forward with IVF considering my diagnoses. Before the retrieval I was on a cocktail of injectable, which I cannot remember specific names at this time. By cycle day 10 I was ready for my retrieval, however my Estrogen levels were a little high so I was unable to complete a fresh transfer. Dr. Hurwitz explained that I was at risk of OHSS because of PCOS so we agreed on a frozen embryo cycle. Not even a month later I began my frozen embryo cycle. I was on 2mg Estrace twice a day, Progesterone in Oil, and Progesterone Suppositories before the transfer. The day of transfer I chose to participate in the laser acupuncture which was performed immediately before and after transfer. I continued with the Estrace, PIO, and suppositories after the transfer and 2 weeks later I was blessed with a positive pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut). (Assigned nurse: Vanessa)
Vanessa was incredible! She was so compassionate and very helpful. I practically had her on speed dial. Any questions I had along the way, or any needs she was able to assist me with. She was a strong advocate for me, and even assisted when the fertility pharmacy was giving me a little difficulty filling a prescription. She responded promptly and was always very pleasant. I feel so lucky to have had Vanessa on my side.
Describe your experience with Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut).
The clinic was very very clean. The clinic never felt like a typical doctor's office. I visited the Danbury and Norwalk locations and both are well maintained. The staff in both locations are very pleasant and knowledgeable. every visit was very enjoyable.
Never an issue. Mondays seemed to be more chaotic, but otherwise never more than a 15 minute wait.
Most was covered by insurance however out of cost with all medications about $2000
Dr. Hurwitz was only comfortable with a single embryo transfer because of my age and infertility factors. I am still young, and didn't have any other fertility issues besides ovulation issues. The risks that come with multiples was not worth it in my case.

2015 - 2019, Unknown Success
Dr. Hurwitz utilized a few different protocols throughout my IVF cycles. We used the Antagonist protocol, Lupron Micro dose flare, and Estrace/Microdose Lupron. Dr. Hurwitz always explained his rationale for switching up protocols. I had one canceled cycle, but the other 5 cycles produced mature eggs that became blastocysts. We finally decided to utilize PGS and have two normal embryos. I am in the process of the ERA test to determine the best time to transfer.
Jocelyn is an amazing nurse [at RMA CT]...she is a great communicator, even answering phone calls and emails when out of the office. She is very organized and knew enough about me as a person and a patient to respond to calls and emails when not in the office, even if it was to tell me that she would check my chart when she returned. Jocelyn is a top-notch nurse and we are blessed to have her.
Dr. Hurwitz is extremely knowledgeable and he cares about his patients. He would call randomly to check on me and was genuinely sad for us when we had our early miscarriages and failed cycles. He is a clear communicator and seems to have our best interest at heart.
Expect quality care and someone who will tell you exactly what is going on.
Dr. Hurwitz greeted me by name, seemed genuinely happy to see me each time, and genuinely cares about me as a person. He is genuinely excited with any good results and sad when results are not what we hoped. He continues to work with us to help us create our family.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut). (Assigned nurse: Jocelyn Crespo)
Jocelyn is an amazing nurse...she is a great communicator, even answering phone calls and emails when out of the office. She is very organized and knew enough about me as a person and a patient to respond to calls and emails when not in the office, even if it was to tell me that she would check my chart when she returned. Jocelyn is a top-notch nurse and we are blessed to have her.
Describe your experience with Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut).
RMA CT is an excellent clinic and I would highly recommend that anyone go there. They are organized, caring, personal, and supportive from the beginning of your care and they will continue to follow up with you!
The morning monitoring was a well-oiled machine. We were treated with privacy and respect and acknowledged in a pleasant manner each time.
My health insurance covered $50,000 at 100%.
Dr. Hurwitz prefers single embryo transfer with PGS, however, he will consider the patient’s wishes and reasons, as well as other factors, for transferring two embryos.
2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
We have had a few setbacks and Dr. Hurwitz has always showed me/us compassion for our situation....he performed a procedure to try and shrink one of the fibroids but while doing the procedure is when he found that the fibroid was in a spot that was stopping the embryo from sticking....I feel like he has really fought for us and is willing to try anything to get us to our end goal (carrying our own embryo). He returns phone calls promptly and when we did have a little bit of good new he sound genuinely excited for us...
I would say RMA's morning monitoring appointments were like a well oiled machine, they have a system down and it works, I was in and out in a timely manner but if I had questions and needed a little more time I never felt rushed by the staff...The one weakness I have of the office is when you call and try to reach someone, I feel like the phone system always re-routes me to an operator and it was hard to speak with the person I was looking for
We have had a few setbacks and Dr. Hurwitz has always showed me/us compassion for our situation. I feel like he has really fought for us and is willing to try anything to get us to our end goal (carrying our own embryo). He returns phone calls promptly and when we did have a little bit of good new he sound genuinely excited for us. With our issues he even suggested if we wanted to get a 2nd opinion which I thought was nice, we opted not to as we 100% trust him and his team.
I would tell any prospective patient of Dr. Hurwitz to trust the process and be patient. I didn't realize that things wouldn't move at lightning speed. I thought we would be pregnant and on our way to be being parents in just a few months. I don't think that Dr. Hurwitz is to blame for my lack of not knowing I just think I had it in my mind that this was going to work on the first shot.
Dr. Hurwitz has always remembered small details about our life outside of fertility treatment make us feel like he has gotten to know us more then just our fertility issues.
Our process for retrievals were pretty straight forward with little complications and not much deviation from the initial plan. When the 2nd transfer didn't take is when Dr. Hurwitz stepped up and said ok lets take another look at those pesky fibroids and see what they are doing. He had me get an MRI and then he performed a procedure to try and shrink one of the fibroids but while doing the procedure is when he found that the fibroid was in a spot that was stopping the embryo from sticking. He then suggested we try a Lupron shot to shrink the fibroids after 6 months the fibroids are still an issue. I just received a phone call from his last night that he has some ideas about what we can do next.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut). (Assigned nurse: Vanessa Sheftz)
Vanessa has answered all of the many questions I had. I mostly communicated to her via email and she always responded immediately. When she had bad news to tell us I always felt like she was genuinely upset for us that things weren't what we had hoped for. When I hadn't seen her in a few weeks and I did see her in the office she gave me the biggest hug. I don't know that I would have been able to get this far with out her she has been AMAZING!
Describe your experience with Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut).
The clinic was always clean and the front desk was always friendly (even at 7am for morning monitoring). The one weakness I have of the office is when you call and try to reach someone, I feel like the phone system always re-routes me to an operator and it was hard to speak with the person I was looking for. To make up for that all my emails were answered immediately.
In the beginning a lot of my medications/procedures were covered by my insurance. When I started with a new insurance company my nurse and other staff members helped to get things submitted to my insurance company and they also tried to get me into a trial for a medication.
Dr. Huriwitz was very adamant from our initial appointment that he would not ever transfer more then 1 embryo at a time due to the state of my uterus. I had a myomectomy to remove fibroids in 2016 and he said it wouldn't be safe for me or the embryos to have more then one in there at a time.