LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

Lucky Sekhon

White Plains
311 North St., Suite 310
White Plains, NY 10605

2024, Consult
[Dr. Devora Aharon] was not warm, felt very judgmental and robotic. She didn’t provide an environment that fostered conversation or education at all. No communication with her at all after the initial consult and ultrasound. No responses via phone or email. No follow up from her.
[At RMA of New York it is] Difficult to get someone on the phone from a clinical team, receptionists did the best they could...No response from the team (MD or RN) when bloodwork and labs resulted in the portal on a whole...Multiple calls/emails to my “team” following the initial consult and lab results with specific questions I wanted answered- no response from anyone
How was your experience with Devora Aharon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Aharon was not warm, felt very judgmental and robotic. She didn’t provide an environment that fostered conversation or education at all. No communication with her at all after the initial consult and ultrasound. No responses via phone or email. No follow up from her.
Describe the protocols Devora Aharon used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Minimal interaction with them. Unprofessional and rushed in person following the first consult. Little to no communication after that
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Difficult to get someone on the phone from a clinical team, receptionists did the best they could. I called twice and emailed once without response after my initial visit. I still haven’t received any response or follow up 3 months later. Have switched clinics and am incredibly grateful to have left this disorganized and seemingly unknowledgeable organization
Describe Devora Aharon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
No response from the team (MD or RN) when bloodwork and labs resulted in the portal on a whole. I received one brief call from an RN following my day 3 blood work results only. Multiple calls/emails to my “team” following the initial consult and lab results with specific questions I wanted answered- no response from anyone
Devora Aharon
2012 - 2013, Successful
I also had to push Dr. Copperman to do more and go stronger with medication. He was pretty lax and I knew he needed to up my doses. Some of the early treatments I felt were a waste of money. But I overall got a beautiful baby and I really did like Copperman. He was a very non-alarmist.
It's literally a cattle call. You wait your turn. It's fast and efficient but not personal...but I did like the nurses I met with and I did like dr. Copperman....Hilda [nurse at RMA of New York] became like a friend she was wonderful and always talked me through everything.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
I honestly don't have a great memory but I felt like I was able to 2 nurses To be very close with. I also had to push dr. Copperman to do more and go stronger with medication. He was pretty lax and I knew he needed to up my doses. Some of the early treatments I felt were a waste of money. But I overall got a beautiful baby and I really did like Copperman. He was a very non-alarmist.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Be an advocate for yourself always and make sure you do your own research. You know yourself best and fight for what you want.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
It's a cattle call but I did like the nurses I met with and I did like dr. Copperman.
Describe the protocols Alan Copperman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
We started with clomid which gave me cists. They said I didn't produce progesterone but it wasnt true it was a cist instead. Then we went to another pill which didn't work. Then low dose injections and IUI servers times that resulted in nothing. Finally 3 rounds of IVF the first 2 with low dose injections and the last I told him to pump me up and that is when we got the baby and 3 to freeze.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Hilda )
Hilda became like a Friend she was Wonderful and always talked me through everything.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Cattle call but in and out which was fine with me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alan Copperman at RMA of New York.
Around $40k
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
One time they told me I was ovulating and then days later I wasn't producing progesterone and a nurse told me I can't get pregnant if I don't have progesterone. Turns out I got a cist it wasn't my egg and I ovulated later in the month.
2009 - 2011, Unsuccessful
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
We felt like he was bored by our questions and was too busy to really address our concerns. I did like how he did reach out personally after each failed cycle.
Was most impressed with the office staff and Dr. Copperman's assistant [Heidi]. Wait times would vary, you wanted to get there before 8 or it would be too crowded and you would wait 1/2 hour.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
I started fertility treatment with Coppermann be finding his name on this list of top doctors in the New York Times. He does his treatment in cycles of 3 which I liked - therefor I had 3 cycles of clomid, 3 IUI's and 3 IVF's with him. I would not describe Coppermann as particularly warm with a great bedside manner- he did explain the process and answer all out questions but at times we felt like he was bored by our questions and was too busy to really address our concerns. I did like how he did reach out personally after each failed cycle.
I would say demand the attention. Ask for sit-downs with the doctor before and after treatment. Do your research and homework.
was most impressed with the office staff - Heidi was Dr. Coppermann's nurse and I did feel like she genuinely cared about what we were going through. She was very patient and explained everything in great detail.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Heidi )
felt they tried to make it as bearable as possible- patient, took time to make sure you understood everything. Gave us medication from own supply when we had run out -, organized.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
went in for early monitoring hours before work so was convenient - 7am -9am - wait times would vary, you wanted to get there before 8 or it would be too crowded and you would wait 1/2 hour.
NY - Eastside

Dr. Sekhon was very empathetic and has an excellent bedside manner. Throughout the course of my treatment I felt that she listened to my concerns and made appropriate adjustments to treatment plans. I wish that I had more time with her and could see her during all my appointments but it seems the practice is extremely busy. ... She is empathetic and relatable.
There are a huge number of patients [at RMA of New York]. I believe that the doctors and nurses are likely taxed from the numbers of patients and that care suffers as a result. ... The finance department broke down the billing with line items which was helpful but I wish I had gotten it earlier in the process in order to plan ahead. ... Some of the explanations of procedures seem a bit rote, which I imagine comes from the volume of patients they see.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Don't be afraid to ask questions. She gives a lot of information, which is helpful, but can sometimes be overwhelming in the moment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
She is empathetic and relatable.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
There are a huge number of patients. I believe that the doctors and nurses are likely taxed from the numbers of patients and that care suffers as a result. Some of the explanations of procedures seem a bit rote, which I imagine comes from the volume of patients they see.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York.
The IUIs were covered by my insurance but IVF was not. It was over $20,000 with medication. The finance department broke down the billing with line items which was helpful but I wish I had gotten it earlier in the process in order to plan ahead.
Describe Lucky Sekhon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Sekhon preferred eSET
Lucky Sekhon
NY - Downtown
Dr. Thornton is very caring. She remembers patients--which is a tall order considering how large RMA is! She took the time to speak with my partner after he could not attend the initial consultation. ... Dr. Thornton was very knowledgeable and thorough. She is personally kind and compassionate. She can explain these difficult concepts very easily, and without lots of jargon or sounding condescending. ...
RMA is like a factory. ... Too big and impersonal. Too many things fell through the cracks, particularly with medications and insurance. I would wait hours for a procedure, well after the appointment time. I felt like a number. ... For one IUI, someone failed to call in the Ovidrel trigger to the pharmacy, which meant that I had to pay out of pocket. In preparing for IVF, the prior authorization failed, which resulted in a delayed cycle because I wasn't notified for two weeks afterwards.
How was your experience with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
Dr. Thornton is great! Just avoid her staff if possible.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Kimberley Thornton used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
IUI with Letrozole, with an Ovidrel trigger. No pregnancy resulted.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Clarissa King)
RMA is like a factory. Too many things fall through the cracks, at great peril.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York.
$500--included IUI cost, visit co-pays, and prescription co-pays.
Describe Kimberley Thornton's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
2015 - 2017, Unsuccessful
Dr. Sandler made himself accessible for questions and to discuss changes in course of treatment, but did not present option other than injectables. Also, there was no sense of urgency in how I was treated or real discussion about the effects of time and delay...Be proactive and push communication...Standard IVF with injectable medication because of age and ovarian reserve. One cycle was converted to an IUI due to minimal response to medication and overall coverage limitations of insurance.
As a patient [at RMA of New York], I did not form any personal relationship with the nursing staff nor was any nurse educated about my specific case...Monitoring hours were a zoo...RMA is a mill, and I believe their approach is one that will only work for easy cases. The general refrain was "every cycle is different," without specifically addressing the individual patient. An assessment of my partner and us as a couple would also have been helpful.
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
Be proactive and push communication
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
RMA is a mill, the standard answer to questions about tailored treatment is "every cycle is different," and as a patient I was pushed to keep doing IVF cycles
Describe the protocols Benjamin Sandler used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
As a patient, I did not form any personal relationship with the nursing staff nor was any nurse educated about my specific case.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring hours were a zoo
Describe the costs associated with your care under Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York.
approximately $25,000
NY - Eastside

met dr [Dr. Kudesia] once and she explained everything extremely quickly. when asked questions to clarify/break down the lingo, she seemed impatient. i felt like she was on the clock and i was allotted only 15 minutes of her consultation time...aside from initial visit, I have not seen dr kudesia again. i have undergone three cycles of medicated treatment (ovidrel + letrizol) and they have been unsuccessful - she did not follow up ever. furthermore, last treatment resulted in extreme adverse side effects to the ovidrel which I found out AFTER being in NY Downtown Presbyterian Hospital ER, again no call from Dr Kudesia. She increased the ovidrel mg after being notified that I wasn't successful but that increase in dosage likely led to the ER visit. The overall lack of concern for my health and lack of follow up is concerning...
great staff [at RMA of New York - Brooklyn], good attitude...Ask her questions, see if she's taking due care in fully addressing your concerns and clarifying medical jargon. Also ask how involved she will be in future visits and procedures...
How was your experience with Rashmi Kudesia at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rashmi Kudesia at RMA of New York?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rashmi Kudesia at RMA of New York?
met dr once and she explained everything extremely quickly. when asked questions to clarify/break down the lingo, she seemed impatient. i felt like she was on the clock and i was allotted only 15 minutes of her consultation time.
great staff, good attitude
Rashmi Kudesia
2015, 25 Eggs Frozen
It's [RMA of New York] very nice and in a good area. The clinic is clean and I never had to wait a long time. Also I was able to come before work, which is very nice...I was an egg donor when I was younger at RMA and I asked for information about this and she [Dr. Knopman] was dismissive...She was okay but not very compassionate. I wanted information eggs I had donated when I was younger and she blew me off and refused to answer my questions. If she legally couldn't she didn't say that. It was upsetting. I would not recommend her, but I figured egg freezing is straightforward so why not stay with her for that. She has since left the practice so I won't be using her again. that's all.
How was your experience with Jaime Knopman at RMA of New York?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jaime Knopman at RMA of New York?
I was an egg donor when I was younger at RMA and I asked for information about this and she was dismissive.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
It's very nice and in a good area. The clinic is clean and I never had to wait a long time. Also I was able to come before work, which is very nice.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jaime Knopman at RMA of New York.
10,000 plus meds
Jaime Knopman

2012, Unsuccessful
I felt this doctor [Dr Mukherjee at RMA] was terrible. I was describing to him abdominal pain, bloating etc. all of these symptoms of endometriosis ( I didn't know at the time that's what it was) and he was like - sometimes people don't feel well. So he didn't listen to me. He just followed his "in the box" numbers. I did a couple IUIS there and it just felt like a total factory. My first FSH level was 28.5. I asked him about reproductive immunology and he made me feel very silly for asking.
How was your experience with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
Just bad. Also, see my comments from the human section. He was hard to get a hold of. He was pushy pushy to IVG IV[F] I have to add. He dismissed my symptoms that I later learned pointed to endometriosis. AND later, I was diagnosed with stage 2 endometriosis. The funny (or not so funny) thing is, I read in NY Magazine that he is the expert in endometriosis. He totally unprofessionally told us how terrible another doctor we had met with was.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York?
I felt this doctor was terrible. I was describing to him abdominal pain, bloating etc. all of these symptoms of endometriosis ( I didn't know at the time that's what it was) and he was like - sometimes people don't feel well. So he didn't listen to me. He just followed his "in the box" numbers. I did a couple IUIS there and it just felt like a total factory. My first FSH level was 28.5. I asked him about reproductive immunology and he made me feel very silly for asking.
Describe the protocols Tanmoy Mukherjee used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
He wanted us to do IVF right away. He did not believe in immune treatment. We did a couple medicated IUIs with him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jill)
I felt they were disorganized and some of them were just rude.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic felt like a factory. Sometimes wait times were very long.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tanmoy Mukherjee at RMA of New York.
Mostly covered by insurance bc we just did IUIS
Tanmoy Mukherjee

2019, Consult
I only had a consultation with him [Dr. Copperman]. He said I could call or email with any concerns but then when I left and tried to call or email they said to speak to the nurses or coordinators. Im trying to decide if I should move forward with him... He seems really nice but I havent gone through with the treatment yet.... They [RMA] are very responsive via email. The finance department told me exactly what I would be paying for and how much. Im concerned about the price and am shopping around.
They [RMA] are very responsive via email. The finance department told me exactly what I would be paying for and how much. Im concerned about the price and am shopping around....I have insurance they said it was $8k out of pocket.... I only had a consultation with him [Dr. Copperman]. He said I could call or email with any concerns but then when I left and tried to call or email they said to speak to the nurses or coordinators.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
I only had a consultation with him. He said I could call or email with any concerns but then when I left and tried to call or email they said to speak to the nurses or coordinators. Im trying to decide if I should move forward with him or Nejat at Generation Next. RMA told me that with insurance it would be $8k. Nejat wont tell me how much it will cost yet.
Im not sure yet. He seems really nice but I havent gone through with the treatment yet.
I cant say yet as I havent moved forward with treatment.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
They are very responsive via email. The finance department told me exactly what I would be paying for and how much. Im concerned about the price and am shopping around. They said it would cost 8k. That is a lot for me out of pocket.
I have insurance they said it was $8k out of pocket.

2017, Unknown Success
Davis has good bedside manner. He's friendly and explains things well. He seems pretty sympathetic to what I'm going through. He doesn't necessarily give me any sense of hope for my case so I never really know what he's thinking but overall, my experience with him as my doc has been positive...Estrogen priming - started with this one because of my low AMH, high FSH. Didn't work. Only had one follicle so converted to IUI. Lupron microflare - about to start now.
strengths: clean, well-established, responsive. weaknesses: sometimes during monitoring hours, it can feel very factor farm like with all the women waiting...my husband went in for labwork once and they forgot to test him for something so he had to go back to get tested again...Davis has good bedside manner. He's friendly and explains things well. He seems pretty sympathetic to what I'm going through. He doesn't necessarily give me any sense of hope for my case so I never really know what he's thinking but overall, my experience with him as my doc has been positive.
How was your experience with Joseph Davis at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joseph Davis at RMA of New York?
Ask all of the questions! Email him with outstanding questions, he's very responsive.
Describe the protocols Joseph Davis used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Good. Pretty quick interaction with them but they're good.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Davis at RMA of New York.
15,200 or so per IVF cycle
Joseph Davis
2017, Unknown Success
[Dr. Joseph] Davis has good bedside manner. He's friendly and explains things well. He seems pretty sympathetic to what I'm going through. He doesn't necessarily give me any sense of hope for my case so I never really know what he's thinking but overall, my experience with him as my doc has been positive...Ask all of the questions! Don't feel bad about keeping him longer than you think you should.
strengths [of RMA of New York]: clean, well-established, responsive. weaknesses: sometimes during monitoring hours, it can feel very factor farm like with all the women waiting...my husband went in for labwork once and they forgot to test him for something so he had to go back to get tested again...15,200 or so per IVF cycle...Davis has good bedside manner. He's friendly and explains things well. He seems pretty sympathetic to what I'm going through. He doesn't necessarily give me any sense of hope for my case so I never really know what he's thinking but overall, my experience with him as my doc has been positive.
How was your experience with Joseph Davis at RMA of New York?
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Good. Pretty quick interaction with them but they're good.
15,200 or so per IVF cycle
Joseph Davis

2015, Unsuccessful
I met with Dr Sandler after a natural miscarriage, at first he did a sonogram, didn't suspect any issues there, ordered me a HSG and day 3 blood work and said since I am young he's pretty sure there's nothing to worry about. after my day 3 bloodwork he had a nurse tell me that I have diminished ovarian reserve and shes so sorry. i had to wait 3 weeks until he would see me to discuss options. at 28 he basically said my body is a 40+ year old woman and it would be difficult to get me pregnant, but no big deal, i could use donor eggs. No compassion. As i sat there crying he kept saying donor eggs are a great option.
How was your experience with Benjamin Sandler at RMA of New York?
he was going to do a long antagonist protocol. i didnt move forward with him.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
the nurse showed compassion. I really didnt deal with them much since i switched clinics after the diagnosis.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I really just didnt care for the Doctor, the way he went about giving me my diagnosis.

2022, Consult
Absolutely horrible experience with this doctor [Dr. Jovana Lekovich]. Fertility treatments are very sensitive and she was horrible to me. Am in shock a medical professional spoke to me the way she did. She was rude, condescending, dismissive, and weirdly diagnosed me with a disorder completely outside her area of expertise just to put me down and make me feel bad
N/a the [RMA of New York] clinic was fine but I was so traumatized by this doctor that I can’t really ever go back. Such a horrible experience. As a patient, I feel like I can at least expect basic kindness and social skills from my doctor [Dr. Jovana Lekovich] and I did not get that from this one at all...Absolutely horrible experience with this doctor. Fertility treatments are very sensitive and she was horrible to me. Am in shock a medical professional spoke to me the way she did. She was rude, condescending, dismissive, and weirdly diagnosed me with a disorder completely outside her area of expertise just to put me down and make me feel bad
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Avoid at all costs
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Horrible horrible bedside manner
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
N/a the clinic was fine but I was so traumatized by this doctor that I can’t really ever go back. Such a horrible experience. As a patient, I feel like I can at least expect basic kindness and social skills from my doctor and I did not get that from this one at all
Brooklyn

one on one, he's [Dr. Copperman] fabulous and attentive and when I was alone with him, I did feel like he cared about me, but then I wouldn't see him for week, he never did my retrieval and I didn't get many answers on why my cycles did not work...Know that hes a great doctor with a high success rate but you will not get personalized attention....the whole process [at RMA] is extremely impersonal. there are usually 30 women in the waiting area at any given time, you never know what doctor will be doing your sonogram, there is no personalized attention with who calls you with daily updates, you rarely see your own doctor and the protocol is extremely cookie cutter.
the whole process is extremely impersonal [at RMA =- East Side]. there are usually 30 women in the waiting area at any given time, you never know what doctor will be doing your sonogram, there is no personalized attention with who calls you with daily updates, you rarely see your own doctor and the protocol is extremely cookie cutter...Pro: high success rate Con: not personal, long wait time, rarely see same doc...Know that hes [Dr. Cooperman] a great doctor with a high success rate but you will not get personalized attention.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
one on one, he's fabulous and attentive and when I was alone with him, I did feel like he cared about me, but then I wouldn't see him for week, he never did my retrieval and I didn't get many answers on why my cycles did not work.
the whole process is extremely impersonal. there are usually 30 women in the waiting area at any given time, you never know what doctor will be doing your sonogram, there is no personalized attention with who calls you with daily updates, you rarely see your own doctor and the protocol is extremely cookie cutter.
do not remember
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Pro: high success rate Con: not personal, long wait time, rarely see same doc

2011, Unsuccessful
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Very blunt. Was eager for me to start IVF right away after two miscarriages (naturally conceived). failed to mention that they were genetically normal. Misled us.
RMA is a factory. I wouldn't recommend it... Only go if you want IVF... don't expect personal care.
How was your experience with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
Only go if you want IVF
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lawrence Grunfeld at RMA of New York?
RMA is a factory. I wouldn't recommend it.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
it's a factory with lots of people so don't expect personal care.
Lawrence Grunfeld

2023, Unknown Success
Dr Jenna seems like a good doctor she’s is really nice and warm... I only met her a few times and walked me through the Steps for IVF She’s very sweet...I wish a good doctor was all you need...that makes me wonder if the human treatment you get from the Dr is fake...Dr Friedenthal is very nice and very warm as a doctor
I know the [RMA of New York] clinic is ranked as very good clinic , but having good doctors doesn’t mean it’s a good clinic the administration and communication between departments and patient care it’s a complete mess. Everything I went though was a terrible experience I had a lot of issues...My coordinator reached out once to me I got back to her and never heard back I had to reach out several times email and calls in order to get an appointment
How was your experience with Jenna Friedenthal at RMA of New York?
Dr Jenna seems like a good doctor she’s is really nice and warm but her team was a complete mess I only met her a few times and walked me through the Steps for IVF She’s very sweet but In my experience her team is a complete mess
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jenna Friedenthal at RMA of New York?
In my experience even if Dr Friendthal is a good doctor I couldn’t recommend anyone to go to RMA or go to an appointment with her . I wish a good doctor was all you need my advice would be to find a different clinic where everyone treats you like a human because it doesn’t matter if the doctor is nice for a few minutes afterwards you are just a number and that’s how everyone treats you , that makes me wonder if the human treatment you get from the Dr is fake
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jenna Friedenthal at RMA of New York?
Dr Friedenthal is very nice and very warm as a doctor
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Vivyan Lin )
My coordinator reached out once to me I got back to her and never heard back I had to reach out several times email and calls in order to get an appointment , I asked a question about the bloodwork I needed never received confirmation for the appointment or the answer to my question ?for that reason I had to travel Internationally to go to the appointment with very short notice RMA team told me they had trouble with their IT but never really cared about me not getting their emails
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I know the clinic is ranked as very good clinic , but having good doctors doesn’t mean it’s a good clinic the administration and communication between departments and patient care it’s a complete mess. Everything I went though was a terrible experience I had a lot of issues with them but the biggest ones were 1. I didn’t get the right pricing for gestational carrier I got the IVF costs the only reason they told me the right pricing Is because I had some doubts about the transfer with the gestational carrier. The team wasn’t aware about it , they had the wrong information on my chart 2. they lost my husbands bloodwork After we flew international only to get that bloodwork done It’s a cold heartless clinic where nobody cares about you , My husband described it as Mc Donald’s for IVF where you are just a number and they only want your money Fast .
Jenna Friedenthal

2020, Unsuccessful
To be honest, I had very little interaction with Dr. Thornton. She lets most of the nurses do the heavy lifting which is why things like PCOS were not caught. The only thing that was caught was hypothyroidism which I am very grateful for (but easy to catch with the TSH number).... If following the herd and approaching medicine with standardized approaches doesn't bother you, then Dr. Thornton is a good fit because she explains things quickly and will get you started quickly. But if you'd like a more customized approach, or an approach that does not leave any health issues out, then you're better off somewhere else.
This place [RMA of New York] is a bit of a factory and impersonal. They will move you quickly though. Because of the quick movement, they may not catch important things. There's no portal so communication is incredibly difficult.... Disorganized (maybe due to Covid, but that seems to be everyone's line), things were missed, and getting the results is a total pain.... The lady who took my blood was great! She was caring. However, everyone else was hard to track down. Gave fuzzy information. And never called when they said they would.
How was your experience with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
If you have an easy issue, I am sure Dr. Thornton will be a good match. For me, it didn't work out because I felt a lot of things were really haphazard. My PCOS was not detected by her team (which should be been able to be seen from bloodwork). It also really bothered me that there was no portal to receive results. You are at the mercy of her team of nurses and they all overburdened.
To be honest, I had very little interaction with Dr. Thornton. She lets most of the nurses do the heavy lifting which is why things like PCOS were not caught. The only thing that was caught was hypothyroidism which I am very grateful for (but easy to catch with the TSH number). Clomid (which was the standard that Dr. Thornton prescribed) should not be prescribed for people who have PCOS and PCOS was indicated in my blood results.
5 days of clomid (dose was double what it should have been) + 1 ovidrel shot + 1 IUI. Clomid should not be prescribed for PCOS. Triggers OHSS. Originally, my husband and I had come to her for sperm issues, but after taking a whole round of clomid, it was discovered that I have hypothyroidism. What was not detected was PCOS.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
This place is a bit of a factory and impersonal. They will move you quickly though. Because of the quick movement, they may not catch important things. There's no portal so communication is incredibly difficult.
This is a hilarious question. I have yet to reach the finance team (4 attempts so far). I am expecting some ridiculous bill that will come out of no where.
NY - Downtown
Although she [Dr. Jovana Lekovich] was super nice and informative I was disappointed with my treatment...new information was introduce and my course of treatment didn’t change...I struggled with getting healthy eggs. I expected that my treatment should of been adjusted to fit my current situation...I never felt like a number but hardly saw her for all my checkups.
[Nurse at RMA of New York] Always stayed in contact with me and was available to answer any questions or if I had an issue with medication delivery...there to provide and alternative or help with any other issues I had...Lack of space on monitoring days and lengthy wait times...lack of privacy for blood drawing...always clean and so where the exam rooms. They weren’t too cold either which is nice.
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Although she was super nice and informative I was disappointed with my treatment after new information was introduce and my course of treatment didn’t change. Being that I struggled with getting healthy eggs. I expected that my treatment should of been adjusted to fit my current situation. And this didn’t happen and I ended up having a negative pregnancy test.
This is not only for this doctor but for all fertility doctors. As a patient do your home work. If you feel that you need to do further testing or you’ve gotten results that maybe slightly hamper your outcome. Don’t rush into the transfer cycle until you have all the facts or the issue has been rectified.
I never felt like a number but hardly saw her for all my checkups.
Describe the protocols Jovana Lekovich used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Anatagonist protocol. No birth control. Call with first flow of m’entras cycle. Started on day 3 Gonal F and monitoring every 3 days. Day 5 nurse instructions for meds. Cetrotide depending on how my body reacted to Gonal F and Menopur. Lupron/HCG shot before egg retrieval date.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
Always stayed in contact with me and was available to answer any questions or if I had an issue with medication delivery. She was there to provide and alternative or help with any other issues I had.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Lack of space on monitoring days and lengthy wait times. Due to this patients Seoul’s either be in the hallway or standing in the office. Also lack of privacy for blood drawing. Didn’t bother me but some people it might have. The clinic was always clean and so where the exam rooms. They weren’t too cold either which is nice.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York.
My insurance covered the first and only cycle (1 in a lifetime). Didn’t make it to transfer. So had to pay for everything else until the transfer on my second cycle. Can’t remember the exact cost.

2022, Unsuccessful
When I insisted we try a less invasive approach first, she [Dr. Jackson-Bey] was hesitant and said it wouldn’t work. This was all based on one measurement of day 3 FSH and LH, which she deemed low. She ruled out everything else. When we did an ultrasound, she said there was no presence of cysts. When I came for a follow up and my second set of lab results came through, she asked if I had a history of PCOS. I told her no, but that was the reason I was here - for her to diagnose me… I went through a cycle of clomid before deciding to go to another doctor...
Great clinic [RMA of New York] although quite hard to get appointments. Sometimes have to wait months. Very large office and convenient location in downtown Brooklyn. Friendly staff and easy to communicate with…When I insisted we try a less invasive approach first, she [Dr. Jackson-Bey] was hesitant and said it wouldn’t work. This was all based on one measurement of day 3 FSH and LH, which she deemed low. She ruled out everything else...
How was your experience with Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York?
Overall, I think Dr Jackson Bey was kind and professional, but unfortunately she completely misdiagnosed me. I was told I would have to do IVF because of FHA. When I insisted we try a less invasive approach first, she was hesitant and said it wouldn’t work. This was all based on one measurement of day 3 FSH and LH, which she deemed low. She ruled out everything else. When we did an ultrasound, she said there was no presence of cysts. When I came for a follow up and my second set of lab results came through, she asked if I had a history of PCOS. I told her no, but that was the reason I was here - for her to diagnose me… I went through a cycle of clomid before deciding to go to another doctor. Thank god I got a second opinion. I have PCOS based on polycystic ovaries and anovulation, something I am still not sure how a reputable doctor could miss. I urge everyone to get a second opinion. I got pregnant with my first round of letrozole with another doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York?
Huge facility, but very kind staff
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Great clinic although quite hard to get appointments. Sometimes have to wait months. Very large office and convenient location in downtown Brooklyn. Friendly staff and easy to communicate with……………..
Tia Jackson-Bey

LGBTQ+
He [Dr. Jeffrey Klein] was very informative and was very nice to us and respectable. Unfortunately he did not direct perform any procedures and the location we were sent to have our IUIs done treated us like just a number...When i wasnt getting pregnant, he adjusted my routine and then switched me to letrozole which then produced me with a positive test.
Wonderful doctors and [RMA of New York] offices but none of them perform the actual inseminations. They send you to manhattan in the middle of downtown with nightmare parking and send you to the business office where they treat you like a number...[nurses are] Friendly and knowledgeable...The consults and check ups felt intimate but for each insemination i was sent to another location where they treat you like a number
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
He was very informative and was very nice to us and respectable. Unfortunately he did not direct perform any procedures and the location we were sent to have our IUIs done treated us like just a number.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Make sure you ask where and who will be doing the procedure. They don't inform you until after the fact that its all done in separate location
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Klein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I was young and healthy so they wasn't to much of a strategy just clomid to control ovulation and sync it according to IUIs scheduling. When i wasnt getting pregnant, he adjusted my routine and then switched me to letrozole which then produced me with a positive test.
Friendly and knowledgeable
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Wonderful doctors and offices but none of them perform the actual inseminations. They send you to manhattan in the middle of downtown with nightmare parking and send you to the business office where they treat you like a number
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York.
I was covered 60% through insurance the rest was billed
Describe Jeffrey Klein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Jeffrey Klein
White Plains
LGBTQ+ Care
I had a great first impression. I felt that he [Dr. Stein] really wanted the best for me. However, he was very disengaged and not compassionate...I felt like I needed to constantly follow up and remind them of my situation...He will only allow single and he picked the embryo...[new patient advice] Have thick skin and be prepared to be treated like a number.
They [RMA of NY staff] really need to check into things and not just assume and bill you for things they shouldn't. They should make sure to put miscarried woman in the separate room so they don't hear other babies heartbeats...[cost] about 6k out of pocket...I felt like I needed to constantly follow up and remind them of my situation
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
I had a great first impression. I felt that he really wanted the best for me. However, he was very disengaged and not compassionate. I truly feel that a women is best when going through something like this.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Have thick skin and be prepared to be treated like a number.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
I felt like I needed to constantly follow up and remind them of my situation. I was always billed wrong or told the wrong things from the teeny bopper coordinators they have.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Eliza)
I absolutely love Eliza, she is warm, compassionate and understanding. I absolutely adore her.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
They really need to check into things and not just assume and bill you for things they shouldn't. They should make sure to put miscarried woman in the separate room so they don't hear other babies heartbeats.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Stein at RMA of New York.
about 6k out of pocket
Describe Daniel Stein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
He will only allow single and he picked the embryo.

2022 - 2023, Unsuccessful
The initial consultation [with Dr. Jovana Lekovich] is very thorough and thoughtful. That experience ends there. After starting the actual process, I did not feel that same level of care. I think communication throughout the process should’ve been stronger. It would’ve been helpful to feel like each appointment came with an explanation of what was happening, why, and implications. I often felt in the dark and didn’t really get explanations if I didn’t ask and follow up with questions.
[RMA of New York] Front desk staff are nice and the nurses who draw your blood regularly are nice. Nice and clean offices...Overall, I felt like a number not a patient and wished for better communication and bedside manner...The initial consultation is very thorough and thoughtful. That experience ends there. After starting the actual process, I did not feel that same level of care. I think communication throughout the process should’ve been stronger. It would’ve been helpful to feel like each appointment came with an explanation of what was happening, why, and implications. I often felt in the dark and didn’t really get explanations if I didn’t ask and follow up with questions.
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
If you don’t care about personable care, you will be fine. If you are new to this process, another doctor with more time to communicate throughout the process may be a better fit
Bedside manner was very little to none existent. Rarely do you see the actual doctor. With the exception of the initial consultation, you’re in and out with appointments and they rarely take the time to explain what’s happening, why and the implications. My first round, I often felt in the dark and didn’t understand what was happening and when I should be happy or worried. Had very little idea of what success would look like. I would’ve appreciated more personable care. Sometimes I would go to appointments and the nurse would mention that I may be starting a certain protocol then no one would call me after to confirm or alter the exact instructions. I’d be left worried if I missed something.
I was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve and my body didn’t respond well to the medications. It seemed as if my body matured about the same number of eggs with and without the medication. I didn’t feel like my protocol changed much throughout my 3 cycles but there may have been a reason for that. I’m not sure.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Shanna and Alexandrya. I may have had some others as well)
They were responsive, especially over email. You don’t have the ability to call them directly. You must call the main line and ask for a call back. There were instances where nurse forgot to call me after appointments so I was left worried about my next protocol. There were also times when prescriptions were sent to wrong pharmacy (the incorrect pharmacy doesn’t even carry that drug) and then I was left scrambling last minute to find the medication the same day I needed to inject it. Also, after both my retrievals, I had issues with my recovery. One time was extended time of feeling really dizzy and lightheaded with movement. Another time, it was a period that lasted over two weeks when I’ve never experienced a prolonged period in my life. Both occasions, I had nurses tell me it was unrelated to my egg freezing and retrieval process and that I should go see my primary care doctor. I was incredibly disappointed by this as it constantly felt like after retrieval they didn’t want to be bothered with any recovery complications and just wanted to push me off on another doctor.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Front desk staff are nice and the nurses who draw your blood regularly are nice. Nice and clean offices. Prior feedback addresses the doctor and nurses specifically. Overall, I felt like a number not a patient and wished for better communication and bedside manner
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring hours were well run. They’re always a couple hours first thing in the morning and you’re given a time within that window so that they can manage the traffic. I was often late if they gave me a time too early, however they would still see me quickly as long as I arrived within the larger monitoring hours window
Most was covered by my insurance so not sure of overall costs.
2016 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Stein is knowledgeable and a straight-shooter. I appreciated that he shared his opinion and recommendations on my IVF decisions and personally answered any questions I had in our consults and over email. I highly recommend Dr. Stein if you are looking for clarity and don't need to be coddled. My fertility journey is over, thank goodness, but I find myself missing Dr. Stein's wry sense of humor. I kind of wish he were my OB!...
RMA's paperwork isn't all that clear...Take good notes during your meetings...My nurse was very friendly and accommodating, but I often felt like I was the one keeping the records, not her...I'd have to remind the clinic to order tests and send in prescriptions that were specifically requested by my doctor and nurse. Everything always turned out fine, but I felt like I needed to stay on top of my protocol in order to double-check the clinic's work.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Take good notes during your meetings with Dr. Stein, because RMA's paperwork isn't all that clear.
Dr. Stein asked personal questions and got to know me, my partner, and my family—all information that he included in his treatment plan.
Describe the protocols Daniel Stein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I forgot most of the protocols, but after three rounds of IVF and only one grade C embryo, Dr. Stein urged me to consider donor eggs. If he hadn't come right out and said it, I can imagine I would have put myself through the emotional and financial strain of another three cycles. I'm so grateful for Dr. Stein's mercifully candid advice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Dara Berg)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is a factory, which I mean in both a good and a bad way. RMA is HUGE and they've got the fertility program DOWN. You get the impression that nothing would faze them; they've got an answer and a workaround for everything. The downside is that RMA can feel like an assembly line set to run a little too fast. On multiple occasions, I'd have to remind the nurses about my test results, my medication schedule, and more. I suspect that their patient records are scribbled in crayon and filed between take-out menus, because no one seemed to have a 100% grasp of what was going on. I dealt with it by being super-organized and knowledgable about my own protocol, and if you can deal with that, you'll be fine.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Weekend mornings, all monitoring is funneled to a single clinic location, so there would be a HUGE crowd and a long wait. Otherwise, monitoring was efficient.
Dr. Stein prefers to transfer a single embryo.