LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

Lucky Sekhon

311 North St., Suite 310
White Plains, NY 10605

2022 - 2024, Successful
LGBTQ+
Dr Stein was completely familiar with LGBTQ needs...is extremely knowledgeable...was very no-nonsense, not at all touchy-feely or hand-holding...you leave confident that he knows what he's doing...did 3 natural IUI cycles, 3 IUI cycles with clomid, and 1 IVF cycle (the last was ultimately successful)
RMA knows what it's doing and it has a system...enjoyed their availability early in the morning before work...let me set my preference for a monitoring appointment...were efficient and provided timely updates, sent out medication requests, etc. without issue...team of nurses that managed my care
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Stein is extremely knowledgeable and (to my relief) he was very no-nonsense, not at all touchy-feely or hand-holding, which is exactly what I wanted. You go to a consult with him and you leave confident that he knows what he's doing, that he's seen it before, and that you'll get there in the end. Visits with him went quickly and efficiently. No complaints.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
If you have more esoteric/specific questions you really want to ask, know them in advance - he'll always answer quickly and thoroughly, but he may not necessarily go out of his way to explain something that isn't necessary. Meetings will be quick and efficient.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
While Dr Stein's manner is blunt and straightforward, with a very "business as usual" manner, it is in a way that demonstrates that he knows what he's doing. At no point did I feel like he didn't think of me as a person.
Describe the protocols Daniel Stein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I did 3 natural IUI cycles, 3 IUI cycles with clomid, and 1 IVF cycle (the last was ultimately successful). Since I didn't have any known fertility issues, it made sense to start with natural cycles, then switch to medicated once the first ones didn't work (and also to help prepare the application for insurance for the IVF cycle). Dr Stein noted that IUI cycles were a matter of chance, but was thoughtful about getting appropriate scans and an MRI before going to the IVF cycle. The IVF cycle was one retrieval and then one FET, and it was successful.
How competent was Daniel Stein at LGBTQ+ care?
Dr Stein was completely familiar with LGBTQ needs and has family in a similar position. I felt very comfortable with him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jackie)
Dr Stein had a team of nurses that managed my care - Jackie was the one I spoke with most often, but there were others so that I never lacked coverage even when Jackie was out on break. By and large, they were efficient and provided timely updates, sent out medication requests, etc. without issue.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA knows what it's doing and it has a system; you're one of a crowd, but they know exactly what to do with the crowd. If you're like me, you find this comforting! I really enjoyed their availability early in the morning before work, and they were always willing to let me set my preference for a monitoring appointment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Stein at RMA of New York.
Dr Stein and his team were extremely knowledgeable about my insurance, so everything was covered in a timely fashion. Copays etc. did add up over time, but at no point did it get to be overwhelming or excessive (the donor sperm cost much more!!)
Describe Daniel Stein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
No strong opinions - we were both in agreement to transfer a single embryo to reduce risk of multiples.

LGBTQ+
[Dr. Jenna Friedenthal] has been wonderful since our originally consultation...is kind, brings the best energy and is extremely knowledgable in the field...My partner and I were treated with respect and kindness...Dr. F was welcoming and excited for us from day 1 which allowed us to start the process in a positive manner.
[At RMA of New York] We were treated the same as any couple - which I think embodies respect...they are organized, good at what they do and everyone we saw was compassionate. Some monitoring days were busier than others...has someone working the clinic after-hours, if you panic and have a question regarding your medication plan that night, etc... calling them is always an option.
How was your experience with Jenna Friedenthal at RMA of New York?
Dr. F has been wonderful since our originally consultation one year ago. My partner and I both underwent egg retrievals, and I proceeded with an embryo transfer. She is kind, brings the best energy and is extremely knowledgable in the field. Though I am grateful... I genuinely feel sad I have recently "graduated" from RMA, and will continue with a standard OB practice for the remainder of my pregnancy.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jenna Friedenthal at RMA of New York?
My advice would be to relax! I was very anxious prior to my experience with Dr. F and RMA, but now I could not recommend more.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jenna Friedenthal at RMA of New York?
I was initially very nervous to undergo fertility treatments. I expressed my fear/concerns upon our original consultation and Dr. F was extremely understanding and empathetic. Over the past year she has been communicative and reassuring with each stage. I felt safe and heard every step of the way.
Describe the protocols Jenna Friedenthal used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I do not remember specifically, but my treatment plan felt fairly standard as I was not experiencing any bumps in the road.
How competent was Jenna Friedenthal at LGBTQ+ care?
My partner and I were treated with respect and kindness. It can be challenging to go through fertility as an LGBTQ+ person, due to the obvious non-traditional nature of it. Dr. F was welcoming and excited for us from day 1 which allowed us to start the process in a positive manner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Chloe Schreiber)
Chloe Schreiber joined Dr. F's team sometime during the last year (about halfway through my time at RMA). She was great! Very communicative and helpful. Eventually Dr. F took over the communication as we got closer to the transfer.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
We love RMA - they are organized, good at what they do and everyone we saw was compassionate. Some monitoring days were busier than others (longest wait-time for a scheduled apt. was about 35 minutes). I recommend scheduling a super early appointment because there is usually never a wait time. RMA has someone working the clinic after-hours, if you panic and have a question regarding your medication plan that night, etc... calling them is always an option.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jenna Friedenthal at RMA of New York.
Retrievals (x2), medication for retrievals (x2), monitor appointments (multiple), transfer, medication for transfer, follow-up ultrasounds.
Describe Jenna Friedenthal's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
How competent was RMA of New York at LGBTQ+ care?
We were treated the same as any couple - which I think embodies respect.
Describe your experience using 3rd party reproduction (donor eggs, donor sperm, or gestational carrier) at RMA of New York.
We shipped our Donor Sperm from Seattle Sperm Bank and it seemingly went off without a hitch.
2023 - 2024, Successful
[Dr. Taraneh Nazem] is very candid but kind...very thorough in explaining the process to us and addressing any concerns we had as they came up...want multiple children 2-4. Dr. Nazem recommended at least one, possibly two, egg retrievals...recommended a single embryo transfer based on the quality of our embryo and the health of my uterus and other fertility factors
[RMA of New York] is very efficient during morning monitoring. Staff is very friendly, especially in person. Onboarding at the clinic needs improvement...would be helpful to throughly explain what each cycle looks like from a patients perspective (explain morning monitioring, when/time of day nurses typically call back with results, etc)
How was your experience with Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York?
10 out of 10 recommend, she is very candid but kind. She was very thorough in explaining the process to us and addressing any concerns we had as they came up. When we had to have retrievals (actual day of procedure) done by another physician (because of the rotation system the practice uses and the variable timing of egg maturation) she made sure to give us insight and reassurance on the doctor and team. She monitored the results and followed up with care. She was very warm and understanding throughout the process, validating concerns and making sure to provide evidence based reassurances. Even after we successfully transferred our embryo, she was so kind and made each ultrasound a very enjoyable experience. She seems to truly care about her patients through the process and their outcomes.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York?
Just make sure to ask questions and be as informed as possible through this process. Sometime the support staff (nurses and coordinators) can be a bit delayed in responding or have provided slightly different information than what Dr. Nazem and I spoke about. So, it was really helpful to me to ask Dr. Nazem every question I had, so that in the event I was told something different by the support staff I could push back (if needed) to ensure my treatment process was on track.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York?
Dr. Nazem always had great bedside manner. She was warm and understanding during each visit. We never felt rushed and she was thorough in answering any questions we had. When we found out we were pregnant she was as excited as we were and was extremely warm during each subsequent ultrasound, making them even more enjoyable and special.
Describe the protocols Taraneh Nazem used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
My husband and I want multiple children 2-4. Dr. Nazem recommended at least one, possibly two, egg retrievals. To have enough embryos for our desired family size. She explained because of my age (36), it would be most beneficial to gather as many embryos as possible (ideally 6-7, for our desired family size) prior to implanting. We actually got 6 embryos with our first egg retrieval, but they were all the same gender and my husbands really wanted to try a second round to have a family with both genders. We did and got 5 embryos (with both genders) the second time. To increase our chance of fertilization, Dr. Nazem recommended ICSI and that seemed to work well based on our embryo outcomes for each cycle. Dr. Nazem also recommended PGT testing to check the quality of embryo and (hopefully) increase our chance of implantation. We then did a FET (frozen embryo transfer) and were successful our first time. We implanted a 5AA embryo, our highest quality through PGT testing.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Clinic is very efficient during morning monitoring. Staff is very friendly, especially in person. Onboarding at the clinic needs improvement. It would be helpful to throughly explain what each cycle looks like from a patients perspective (explain morning monitioring, when/time of day nurses typically call back with results, etc) Also, in the beginning, it was challenging to get responses from coordinators, and I really had to be an advocate for myself to start a cycle. That is usually the most emotional and sensitive time for a patient, so it makes for a rocky start. However, once I figured out how the process it was efficient and pretty smooth thereafter.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Very efficient and timely. Staff and doctors always friendly
Describe the costs associated with your care under Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York.
Our insurance did not cover IVF so we had to pay out of pocket. Overall cost for each egg retrieval cycle was around $14,000. That included monitoring, bloodwork, ultrasounds, the surgical procedure to remove eggs, and ICSI. We had to pay for PGT testing seperate, it was $195 per embryo. Also medication cost for egg retrieval ranged from $1000-$2000 additional. The transfer cycle cost totaled about $5000, including medicine.
Describe Taraneh Nazem's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Nazem recommended a single embryo transfer based on the quality of our embryo and the health of my uterus and other fertility factors
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I underwent a procedure, saline sonogram, and was told to do it at a certain time in my egg retrieval cycle so that we didn't need to do it for our transfer and could proceed quicker with that. However, when we began the transfer cycle I was told I needed to repeat the procedure. I pushed back and eventually we didn't need to repeat that procedure.

2023 - 2024, Successful
I always felt well taken care of by Dr. Friedenthal...was always so professional and so warm during every interaction...goes above and beyond to communicate directly with her patients...estrogen pills to prepare for a transfer cycle...on Lupron to help stop early ovulation...add in the progesterone injections and had a successful embryo transfer
Having used RMA for all 3 of my IVF pregnancies, I trust the doctors and nursing staff immensely....they have so many patients, it seems like the clinic is a revolving door...have their process down to a see, work efficiently, and when you see the actual doctor, you feel seen, important and valued.
How was your experience with Jenna Friedenthal at RMA of New York?
I always felt well taken care of by Dr. Friedenthal and her team. I never felt like "just a number" and I knew she was personally invested in the success of my treatment. It's obvious Dr. Friedenthal loves what she does. She goes above and beyond to communicate directly with her patients, and I couldn't be more grateful for the amazing care she showed me.
Ask all the questions! She will never make you feel rushed or ashamed for asking anything.
Dr. Friedenthal was always so professional and so warm during every interaction. It was impossible to feel like she didn't care. I never felt rushed and she often went above and beyond to communicate with me directly.
She started me estrogen pills to prepare for a transfer cycle, but realized that my body was ovulating early. We had to stop that cycle and start again with my next period, where she put me on Lupron to help stop early ovulation. From there, things went relatively smoothly (except having to postpone the cycle by 2 weeks using birth control (due to routine lab maintenance in December), and I went on to add in the progesterone injections and had a successful embryo transfer. I've been on estrogen and progesterone ever since, and just got discharged to by OB at 8 weeks.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nursing staff was great! They always communicated very clearly and answered any questions I had (which were a lot!).
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Having used RMA for all 3 of my IVF pregnancies, I trust the doctors and nursing staff immensely. I will say that, because they have so many patients, it seems like the clinic is a revolving door. With that said, they have their process down to a see, work efficiently, and when you see the actual doctor, you feel seen, important and valued.
2024, 20 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Friedenthal was warm, communicative and professional..was approachable and willing to explain things to me clearly and thoughtfully...started with Gonal/F in the mornings, Menopur in the evenings...day 5, Ceetrotide...2 trigger medicines on day 9 and had my retrieval on day 11.
processes at RMA are quick and efficient and consistent....recommend coming in for an early appointment to reduce wait time...lab tech, nurse, doctor was kind and quick....always an easy visit...Everyone was communicative and willing to answer questions...whole team was very helpful and responsive to my questions
How was your experience with Jenna Friedenthal at RMA of New York?
Dr. Friedenthal was warm, communicative and professional. I felt comfortable with her from the moment we met. She was approachable and willing to explain things to me clearly and thoughtfully. If I ever need to go through this process again, I will absolutely confidently return to see her.
I would just explain to the person that the nature of the process is that you will see whichever doctor is on staff that day - for monitoring or retrieval. That said, I knew Dr. Friedenthal was in charge of my treatment plan and that I could reach her with any questions throughout.
I received a lot of good communication from Dr. Friedenthal's team throughout my process. Whenever I had a question, I was answered in a very timely fashion. Dr. Friedenthal was warm and thorough whenever I met with her.
I started with Gonal/F in the mornings, Menopur in the evenings. On day 5, Ceetrotide was added to my medications with a third vial of Menopur. I took my 2 trigger medicines on day 9 and had my retrieval on day 11.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Chloe )
The whole team was very helpful and responsive to my questions. Each person who called me with my results/instructions was warm and thorough.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The processes at RMA are quick and efficient and consistent. By the second day of monitoring, I knew exactly what to expect. I would recommend coming in for an early appointment to reduce wait time. Each lab tech, nurse, doctor was kind and quick. It was always an easy visit. Everyone was communicative and willing to answer questions.
Anesthesia $900... out of pocket costs for meds ~ $800. Insurance covered retrieval + rest of medications.

2022 - 2024, Successful
He [Dr. Daniel Stein] tells it how it is. He is honest and up front but patient and kind when dealing with patients. He lets out all the facts on the ground and the process. Business oriented. But does provide the personal touch and encouragement at times as well...This is the second time we met with Dr. Stein in the hopes of having a child and like the first time we met with him in 2022, we were successful with our first transfer. We are incredibly grateful to Dr. Stein and his team on the level of care we received that allowed us to become pregnant on the first transfer for both of our pregnancies. We have an adorable toddler courtesy of Dr. Stein and are now fortunately pregnant with our second child
It [RMA of New York] is a large practice with multiple branches. Lots of patients being seen. Some people may not like the amount of patients they deal with. We found it encouraging and a sign of a great successful practice that people want to continue to use. We have nothing bad to say about what they did for us...While RMA is incredibly busy with a lot of active patients, we always felt seen and cared for. While people may complain about the amount of patients the practice have, we saw it as a sign of the success and care that RMA provided.
How was your experience with Daniel Stein at RMA of New York?
This is the second time we met with Dr. Stein in the hopes of having a child and like the first time we met with him in 2022, we were successful with our first transfer. We are incredibly grateful to Dr. Stein and his team on the level of care we received that allowed us to become pregnant on the first transfer for both of our pregnancies. We have an adorable toddler courtesy of Dr. Stein and are now fortunately pregnant with our second child, courtesy of the incredible care from RMA. We will forever be grateful.
He tells it how it is. He is honest and up front but patient and kind when dealing with patients. He lets out all the facts on the ground and the process. Business oriented. But does provide the personal touch and encouragement at times as well.
We were completely treated like humans. While RMA is incredibly busy with a lot of active patients, we always felt seen and cared for. While people may complain about the amount of patients the practice have, we saw it as a sign of the success and care that RMA provided.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jackie Fried)
Never laughed at a “silly” question. Open and honest, willing to listen. Didn’t balk at drawing circles on me. Provided feedback and tips and advice.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
It is a large practice with multiple branches. Lots of patients being seen. Some people may not like the amount of patients they deal with. We found it encouraging and a sign of a great successful practice that people want to continue to use. We have nothing bad to say about what they did for us.
My insurance wound up supplementing part of the second transfer.

2022 - 2023, Successful
Dr. Friedenthal is very intelligent and empathetic. She took the time to hear our goals and explained options in a thoughtful manner. When our initial plan didn't go as expected, she talked us through our other options. When we left the country for a few weeks, she made sure her and her practice checked in on us. Throughout the process, we felt well supported by Dr. Friedenthal...She is very empathetic and takes the time to answer questions.
[RMA of New York] Strengths - excellent network of providers, kind staff, clean and inviting facility. Weaknesses - the logistics are difficult to navigate. Each patient is assigned an IVF coordinator, who is helpful in determining next steps. However, given the high volume of patients, there are many points of contacts throughout treatment. For most correspondence, you have to call in to the clinic's main line and wait for a nurse or staff member to call back, which sometimes takes too long for time-sensitive concerns. It does seem like everyone cares about the mission and the patients, but the stress of navigating these logistics made the treatment more cumbersome. It would be helpful to have an online portal for patients to ask questions to their team of providers/staff.
How was your experience with Jenna Friedenthal at RMA of New York?
Dr. Friedenthal's care was incredible. She is very empathetic and takes the time to answer questions. However, given the large number of patients seen by the facility, most of the monitoring appointments and correspondence are conducted by varying members of their team. Their bedside manner varies and the fragmented care unfortunately made the process seem confusing, especially in the beginning.
I underwent 3 rounds of IVF to freeze embryos for the future (given my diagnosis of diminished ovarian reserve). The first resulted in the retrieval of 6 eggs and 1 mosaic embryo. After consulting with our doctor, we tried another round of IVF with a more aggressive medication plan. In this round, Menopur was replaced with an alternate due to supply shortages. The cycle did not result in a retrieval. A third round with Menopur also did not result in a retrieval. We then proceeded to IUI - the first round did not result in a pregnancy but the second round did.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
I spoke with several nurses during the monitoring appointments. All were informative. However, their bedside manner varied and since I did not have a primary nurse, they were often not able to answer questions specific to my protocol if it deviated from the norm.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I was appreciate of there being monitoring hours before my 9am work schedule. If I went in early (7:30am), the wait for the blood draw and ultrasound was not bad at all.
The costs were fairly standard for an IVF cycle in NYC ($30,000 per cycle I believe). IUI was significantly less expensive. My insurance plan covered most of these costs aside from some co-payments, anesthesia for the retrieval and PGT testing of the embryos.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
In particular, it would be helpful if RMA was in close contact with the pharmacy to keep abreast of supply shortages. In fulfilling a time-sensitive request with the pharmacy, I learned one of the key medications was not available only after the remaining medications had been sent. I had to scramble to work with the clinic to order a replacement medication in time.

2023, Unknown Success
Dr. Buyuk is very realistic and data driven but never once have I felt like a number. He is forthcoming about the statistical likelihood that something will be successful but remains positive and encouraging even if the odds aren’t high...Dr. Buyuk is very clear...He is positive and encouraging but realistic and I find that to be very comforting and makes me trust his recommendations.
The clinic staff [at RMA of New York] is very welcoming and thorough. I have had great interactions with all people I’ve met in person. Unfortunately, the finance team hasn’t been quite as responsive via e-mail, but I’ve still gotten the information I needed...I was told that my insurance covered the IUI process only for the claim to be denied as I had thought it would be prior to being assured that it was covered.
How was your experience with Erkan Buyuk at RMA of New York?
Dr. Buyuk is very clear in making sure that the statistical likelihood of any procedure will result in a pregnancy or will help in the fertility process, which I really appreciated. He is positive and encouraging but realistic and I find that to be very comforting and makes me trust his recommendations.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Erkan Buyuk at RMA of New York?
Don’t expect Dr. Buyuk to be inauthentically positive about your chance of a successful outcome but you can count on him to support you through every step of your journey.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Erkan Buyuk at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Erkan Buyuk used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I have done my initial fertility testing, blood work and genetic testing to make sure that everything was in order to do a natural cycle IUI. Based on those results he prescribed me vitamin D (I was deficient) and advised to to choose a sperm donor that was CMV negative as I am CMV negative and that could have negative ramifications should I become pregnant using CMV positive sperm. After my initial results showed that I was ready to go forward with an IUI cycle, I did Day 3 bloodwork at the beginning of my menstrual cycle. When I received baseline results we did an ultrasound on day 12 of my cycle to see if my follicles were mature enough and I received a prescription of Ovidrel to take after my follicles matured enough. As my follicles were growing at the expected rate, I was advised to take my trigger shot of Ovidrel the following night. Then I came in two mornings later for my IUI. The procedure went as planned but unfortunately I did not become pregnant. I started the cycle again when I began menstruating and I am currently days away from my second ultrasound.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Allie)
Allie has been extremely warm, responsive and clear. She has provided me with all the help I need and helped make sure that I understood what was coming up next.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic staff is very welcoming and thorough. I have had great interactions with all people I’ve met in person. Unfortunately, the finance team hasn’t been quite as responsive via e-mail, but I’ve still gotten the information I needed.
Describe Erkan Buyuk's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
2019 - 2023, Successful
Dr Nazem was caring and thorough with all meetings. She took time to listen, answer questions and provide valuable insight, along with providing facts to backup all information provided. I always felt like she was aware of and on-top of my specific treatment plan and looked at me as an individual patient, rather than just another “number” coming in to be seen. Her care was exceptional and the main reason I stayed with this practice.
Dr Nazem was incredible. I would give her a 10/10 rating and recommend anyone see her, giving her full faith in trust. The [RMA of New York] office itself was the weakness in my experience- I didn’t find anyone else to be caring, helpful or supportive- in some cases, it was very frustrating working with faculty / staff, while undergoing such sensitive treatment. The staff should be trained to be more positive, supportive and helpful- especially given the sensitive nature of what patients are going through. I will note -The nurses who did the blood draws were all fantastic and appreciate their care and kindness with each visit. Also- in my case everything that was majorly important all went to plan so in the bigger picture, I still think the experience was a great one- improvements can be made with the back office, but the overall experience lead to positive and successful results so I would recommend anyone to the practice without hesitation
How was your experience with Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York?
Dr Nazem was the sole reason I stayed with the practice and was a recurring patient at RMA of NY (even after moving and having to travel a distance to come into the office). She was knowledgeable, trustworthy, thorough, and factual yet kind, caring, compassionate and supportive. I always felt taken care of and in great hands when seeing or speaking with her and had full faith in her direction and instructions. She has a rare mix of skills as a doctor that are invaluable in todays world of medicine. I truly appreciate all she has done for me and my family and consider us extremely lucky to have been paired with her as our doctor, from 2019-2023, resulting in one healthy child and an active pregnancy now. I believe our success has come as a direct result from her knowledge, timing and treatment. I can’t say enough good things about her and her work. I will note, I was seen by other doctors during my years at RMA for checkup appointments, and none of them shared these qualities or skills. I was always most comfortable discussing my care with her and do not think I would have been at the practice if she was not my doctor.
Dr Nazem is so knowledgeable and skilled that your treatment and care will be guided in the best possible way for the best possible result. She only wants you to have a successful outcome, so know that every step taken (whatever it is, even if it means it’s a setback) will lead you to that successful outcome you hope for. Trust the process and that she will lead you every step of the way!
I believe treatment strategies were all standard for IVF- doses of oral medications and injections leading up to and after procedures to support the pregnancy. All videos provided to help educate on the usage and reasoning was helpful in understanding why each step and dosage was necessary to support pregnancy and to help my body do what it needs to do to produce a successful result. I trusted all strategies and protocols and never had to question rationale behind the “plan” for treatments. All was well documented and explained!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Julia Ullman)
All other staff simply did their jobs. I don’t believe anyone went above and beyond or connected with me in a way that was meaningful to my treatment or cycle. I believe nurses and staff simply completed tasks— if I had questions, I would be deferred to dr nazam appointments for answers.. they did their job and were helpful but if there was any “downside” to the practice it was the staff outside of Dr Nazem herself… specifically- I had issues with orders for medications being sent to right pharmacy, financial coorination/communication, and issues with the medical records department. I had to be on top of my care in all Ways and aspects - encountering issues throughout the treatment cycles. All got sorted- but there was a lot of miscommunication and frustration on the back-end office side of things.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Dr Nazem was incredible. I would give her a 10/10 rating and recommend anyone see her, giving her full faith in trust. The office itself was the weakness in my experience- I didn’t find anyone else to be caring, helpful or supportive- in some cases, it was very frustrating working with faculty / staff, while undergoing such sensitive treatment. The staff should be trained to be more positive, supportive and helpful- especially given the sensitive nature of what patients are going through. I will note -The nurses who did the blood draws were all fantastic and appreciate their care and kindness with each visit. Also- in my case everything that was majorly important all went to plan so in the bigger picture, I still think the experience was a great one- improvements can be made with the back office, but the overall experience lead to positive and successful results so I would recommend anyone to the practice without hesitation
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Efficient because I always requested for the first, 7am appointment. I was always able to come in and out.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
As mentioned, overall I had a successful and positive experience- however, improvements can be made with back office communication and administrative items. I felt mishandled in those areas.
2023, Successful
Donor Sperm With Other Docs
LGBTQ+
[Dr. Phillip Romanski has a] calm demeanor and how clearly and patiently he explains things...would take the time to talk with me sometimes for quite a long time sorting through the complicated decisions...endometriosis...donor embryos...was also willing to veer off of normal protocols in order to individualize my care plan
Isabel was absolutely amazing...They were an incredible team to have on my side. Isabel is a nurse practitioner and very knowledgable, very patient with my MANY questions, very responsive by phone and portal, very warm and caring...allows as much time and individualized care as I received
How was your experience with Phillip Romanski at RMA of New York?
I switched to Dr. Romanski after having a one off visit with him while seeing another doctor at the clinic. I switched to him because of his calm demeanor and how clearly and patiently he explains things. That was the best decision I could have made. I'm truly amazed at how much time Dr. Romanski gave me. Whenever I requested a call, he would take the time to talk with me sometimes for quite a long time sorting through the complicated decisions I had to make with such exquisite patience, care, and knowledge. He was also willing to veer off of normal protocols in order to individualize my care plan such as planning for a day 3 transfer of my embryos because of my age and the possibility of the embryos surviving better in utero than in the lab if we had waited until day 5. He was open to my suggestions from my own research and absolutely never made me feel silly even though I ask A LOT of questions and often have to go back over the same questions again for reassurance.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Phillip Romanski at RMA of New York?
Know that you are in good hands with Dr. Romanski. He doesn't have a very outgoing personality, so I can imagine to some he might be hard to read at first, but he's actually very warm and caring.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Phillip Romanski at RMA of New York?
Dr. Romanski was always extremely kind and patient. I felt that he truly cared. He went above and beyond several times spending a long time talking with me on the phone when I was having a hard time sorting through what should be done next. I've never experienced such patience from a doctor.
Describe the protocols Phillip Romanski used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I came to Dr. Romanski at a time when I had already had unsuccessful IVFs with my own eggs and had decided to use donor embryos. I have endometriosis so in order to reduce inflammation in my body, I did a course of Lupron Depot for 2 months before doing the first donor embryo transfer. We did a medicated FET cycle, so 4 weeks after the second Lupron shot, I started on estrogen and then progesterone injections. The embryos were stored at another Shady Grove facility in Maryland, so I traveled there for the transfer. That one unfortunately didn't take. At that point, I began to consider having a laparoscopic surgery for endometriosis in hopes of having a better chance with my one remaining donor embryo. Dr. Romanski was very patient in helping me sort through that decision. I decided to go ahead with the surgery, but before doing so I wanted to take one more shot at IVF with my own eggs (since surgery for endo can potentially reduce egg count). We tried a cycle (with a moderate dose of Gonal and Menopur), but I only had one follicle and so we decided to do an IUI rather than a retrieval. I did not get pregnant, so I went ahead with surgery for endo (with Dr. Peter Sticco who I also highly highly recommend!). After surgery, I again did two months of Lupron Depot this time adding Letrozole. I had previously heard about this protocol from another doctor and Dr. Romanski was open to trying it. We again did a medicated FET cycle, so four weeks after the second Lupron shot, we started estrogen and then progesterone injections. I did the second donor embryo transfer and it worked!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Isabel Bustamante)
Isabel was absolutely amazing. She was my nurse with my original doctor and I was so relieved to hear that she could remain my nurse when I switched to Dr. Romanski. They were an incredible team to have on my side. Isabel is a nurse practitioner and very knowledgable, very patient with my MANY questions, very responsive by phone and portal, very warm and caring.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I saw Dr. Romanski when he was at Shady Grove Fertility before Shady Grove was taken over by RMA. SGF was lovely and I hope for Dr. Romanski and his patients that RMA allows as much time and individualized care as I received with SGF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Phillip Romanski at RMA of New York.
My insurance luckily covered most costs.
Describe Phillip Romanski's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
It wasn't a question for me since I did my transfers with PGT tested donor embryos, it made sense to to do single embryo transfers. When I tried doing a retrieval for my own eggs with Dr. Romanski, we had discussed that he was open to either doing a day 2 or 3 transfer with multiple untested embryos (which makes sense for someone who is 42 years old and more likely to have only one if any normal embryos from one retrieval) or to waiting until day 5 so we could test the embryos. Dr. Romanski is willing to individualize care.
Phillip Romanski

2023, Unknown Success
I don’t believe she [Dr. Lekovich] looked over my husband’s or my medical history thoroughly before diagnosing us. She was late for our second zoom meeting. I didn’t feel like she had good bedside manners... She said most likely the case for our infertility is the age and numbers of my eggs or endometriosis. I had previously gotten an Ahm test result from my gynecologist and my Ahm result was 2.9. But, when I took another Ahm test at RMA, my result was 0.9. I also have no symptoms or history of endometriosis...
The on-site nurses [at RMA of New York] are great… their scheduling staff are not organized at all. I kept asking for guidance on my procedure, no one can forward and ease my frustration even after I mentioned to one of the nurses that I was losing confidence with this clinic...there was no clear guidance. The brochure that I was provided did not provide info on the process timeline or step by step process either. And no one called and walked me through the process, so I had to constantly called the clinic to find when was my next appointment. I had to do my own research on what medications that I needed to be on and had to inform the on-site doctor that I was missing a prescription for one of the medications that I needed to be on before the day of the procedure...
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
I don’t believe she looked over my husband’s or my medical history thoroughly before diagnosing us. She was late for our second zoom meeting. I didn’t feel like she had good bedside manners. After my second meeting with her, I felt like it was made to feel bad because of my age and my egg count.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Get second opinion.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
After our first consultation, the doctor diagnosed my partner and I with unexplained infertility. She said most likely the case for our infertility is the age and numbers of my eggs or endometriosis. I had previously gotten an Ahm test result from my gynecologist and my Ahm result was 2.9. But, when I took another Ahm test at RMA, my result was 0.9. I also have no symptoms or history of endometriosis. She also mentioned that she work with 1000s of patients already. That made feel like that I was just a number to her. Also, my husband had done a semen analysis and he had slow sperm mobility. This was the factor that we went to see a specialist, but she made no mention of that be a possibility being one of the issues for our infertility. After this experience, I went to another clinic and took another AHM test, and my result came back with 2.9.
Describe the protocols Jovana Lekovich used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
At the start of my iui procedure, when I went on and took a blood test on day 2 and then I was prescribed clomid for 5 days. On the 7th day, I went back to the clinic had an ultrasound. They checked my egg follicles. They told me to come back in two days for the procedure. After I left the clinic, 7 hours later they called me and told me several of my eggs are maturing around the same time. If I waited two days later, I run the risk of multiple pregnancies. So, I need to make a decision right away and start the IUI procedure the very next day. So, I had to take the Ovidrel that night and also was prescribed V-estrace. Then the next day, my husband and I went back, we did the IUI process.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The on-site nurses were wonderful… but whoever that was supposed to be in charge of handling my case was super disorganized.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The on-site nurses are great… their scheduling staff are not organized at all. I kept asking for guidance on my procedure, no one can forward and ease my frustration even after I mentioned to one of the nurses that I was losing confidence with this clinic.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
When I started my IUI procedure, there was no clear guidance. The brochure that I was provided did not provide info on the process timeline or step by step process either. And no one called and walked me through the process, so I had to constantly called the clinic to find when was my next appointment. I had to do my own research on what medications that I needed to be on and had to inform the on-site doctor that I was missing a prescription for one of the medications that I needed to be on before the day of the procedure. Because of the delay, I had to pay out of pocket for medications instead of having my insurance covered it. It was absolutely the most stressful experience that I had.

2022 - 2023, Successful
Dr. Buyuk is very objective and this help set reasonable expectations for me...With my first cycle I ovulated early and while this was devastating for me he changed my protocol and I never had this problem again. I honestly think other clinics wouldn’t have taken me on as a patient due to my diminished ovarian reserve but I’m forever grateful Dr. Buyuk accepted the challenge...He has reached out to me during critical parts of my treatment to review next steps which meant a lot to me...
RMA is a very organized clinic. They have a very high volume which makes me feel comfortable with their expertise. They also have multiple offices for monitoring which was helpful since I work at offices through the city. The early morning hours were perfect and did not interfere with my job. A drawback is that you see different doctors for your monitoring but they all really good to it’s nice to meet all the doctors...
How was your experience with Erkan Buyuk at RMA of New York?
Dr. Buyuk is very objective and this help set reasonable expectations for me. I do prefer matter of fact recommendations so I think this is why Dr. Buyuk was a good fit for me. When he told me he was happy with a cycle a new it was genuine. With my first cycle I ovulated early and while this was devastating for me he changed my protocol and I never had this problem again. I honestly think other clinics wouldn’t have taken me on as a patient due to my diminished ovarian reserve but I’m forever grateful Dr. Buyuk accepted the challenge.
My first impression was that he came off as pretty serious. I wasn’t sure if he would be a good fit for me because I thought I wanted a doctor to sugar coat my results and be extra bubbly. Now that I’ve worked with him for over a year I’ve seen that he actually is still serious in helping me achieve my goals but also very kind and compassionate. He’s actually a lovely person!
Dr. Buyuk has always been very kind to me. He has reached out to me during critical parts of my treatment to review next steps which meant a lot to me. There were several times during my treatment where I was discouraged about my results but he was very confident that he could help me with my family planning goals despite the seriousness of my low AMH. I now I have many normal embryos ready for transfer thanks to Dr.Buyuk’s expertise and patience.
Allie is very sweet and always responds to me in a timely fashion. Super helpful!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Everyone is assigned a time to come in during monitoring hours. What’s nice is that they will see you early or later depending on when you show up. The whole process is pretty efficient. The doctor assigned to do monitoring will do your scans which may not be your doctor. They are all really nice and walk you through what they find on the ultrasound. Very good experience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Erkan Buyuk at RMA of New York.
My insurance only paid for one cycle. Medications were about 5k per cycle and the egg retrieval was about 15k per cycle

2023, Unknown Success
Dr. Lederman has been optimistic about our success. He is thorough during our appointments and notices small details. When I had a chemical pregnancy just prior to starting treatments he called me personally to discuss it...He always asks how I'm doing, how I'm feeling and asks about my plans...For my three IUI cycles I took letrozole and the trigger shot without any negative side effects. For IVF, when preparing for egg retrieval, I was on Antagonist protocol. I took 225 units of Gonal F in the morning and 2 vials of Menopur at night.
I think the [RMA of New York] clinic has excellent wait time. Appointments are readily available. You can be in and out very quickly for your routine monitoring appointments which is great before work. There are multiple people available to take your blood in the morning so that is quick. Rooms are almost always ready so ultrasound is also quick. The office is of course always clean and looks nice.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
No advice needed.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
He always asks how I'm doing, how I'm feeling and asks about my plans.
Describe the protocols Matthew Lederman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
For my three IUI cycles I took letrozole and the trigger shot without any negative side effects. For IVF, when preparing for egg retrieval, I was on Antagonist protocol. I took 225 units of Gonal F in the morning and 2 vials of Menopur at night. Then we increased the dosage to 3 vials of Menopur plus Cetrotide. Then I took a dual trigger shot. The only rationale I remember was my AMH was a little low so we wanted to go a little more aggressive with the stims.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Madeline is my IVF Coordinator )
Emails responses quickly and is friendly.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I think the clinic has excellent wait time. Appointments are readily available. You can be in and out very quickly for your routine monitoring appointments which is great before work. There are multiple people available to take your blood in the morning so that is quick. Rooms are almost always ready so ultrasound is also quick. The office is of course always clean and looks nice.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York.
One injectable medication was not covered by my insurance and was about $400, genetic testing was a couple thousand, anesthesia for egg retrieval was $450 and there were copay's for some visits but not others and I'm not sure what determined that.
Describe Matthew Lederman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
I know we are going for a single embryo transfer. My husband and I are worried about the risk of multiples.

2023, 21 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Klein is very good at what does. A real profesional with tribal knowledge in his field. He was encouraging but never pushy. I was expecting the process to be very overwhelming especially going through it alone, but it ended up being very manageable and the experience overall was very empowering. He personally called me after the procedure and went over the results with me. He was very thorough and precise, which eases my mind especially at such a busy clinic. There were no mistakes made. A big thanks to Dr. Klein and the amazing nurses and medical staff that work with him.
The strengths [at RMA of New York] would be fast service. I never had to wait long once I checked in for morning monitoring. Their facilities were very clean and organized...The nurses were amazing. They explained everything and responded to every email. Sometimes it was hard to get through right away, with playing phone tag, but I never had to wait long to get a call back. They were kind and professional. They truly made the process a positive experience.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Ask questions and if you're still unsure about something, send him an email. The staff at RMA is very responsive.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
Dr. Klein was very realistic but encouraging with me. His predictions on my results were very accurate. He was straightforward, pleasant and made the process as manageable as possible.
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Klein used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Dr. Klein started me off on a higher dose of medications to stimulate my ovaries, because he wanted me to be happy with my results. Once my levels started to show growth, he brought me dosage back to the standard levels. I ended up with very good results, and I appreciate that he had the expertise to get me there.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The strengths would be fast service. I never had to wait long once I checked in for morning monitoring. Their facilities were very clean and organized. I don't think of this as a weakness but the only thing that I can think of that could use improvement would be more space to wait at White Plains location. My advice to a new patient is to get to your appointments early and wear shirts that are easy to pull your sleeve up (or a t-shirt) for the blood work.also don't forget to do your COVID screening online before you arrive at the office.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York.
Altogether I spent over $12,000 (out of pocket) on my egg freezing cycle. That included the retrieval cost, medication, anesthesia, and office co-pays/lab fees. This is about what I expected to pay.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Only once a nurse called me back with instructions to take a certain medication, while another nurse told me not to take it. It was cleared up quickly and noted on my chart.

2021 - 2023, Successful
Dr.Lederman takes time to explain the process, potentially outcome and was very candid with his responses. He discussed potential success rate for a person over 45 and also the risks...down to earth, easy to speak with and most importantly, he listens to me. He always ask how I am doing, feeling and even responded to me via emails when I reached out to him. He explains the process and what to expect during each step.
The [RMA of New York] team in Westchester is very professional and discreet unlike the team in NYC. The westchester team is also friendly and they know us by name. We walk in and the receptionist will say, I have you covered, take a seat...[nurse] Dara follows up with us frequently on the medications, next steps etc. my Husband and I traveled quite a bit and Dara works around our schedule. She is available for live calls so we can plan around our trips.
How was your experience with Matthew Lederman at RMA of New York?
Dr, Lederman is down to earth, easy to speak with and most importantly, he listens to me. He always ask how I am doing, feeling and even responded to me via emails when I reached out to him. He explains the process and what to expect during each step.
Ask questions! Be realistic and own the process! both you and the doctors want positive outcomes but you have to ask questions and take care of yourself. Know the pros and cons. Not everyone is the same and your body may have different reactions.
I requested to use my own eggs so Dr. Lederman ran tests to check my egg reserves which was very low. The next step was to get clearance from my doctors to start pregnancy with donor eggs. We had PGT testing done on the blastocyst. Implanting the egg took a few minutes and was seemless. I didn’t encounter issues except my TSH level was a bit high and I am under supervision of an endocrinologist.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Dara Berg)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The team in Westchester is very professional and discreet unlike the team in NYC. The westchester team is also friendly and they know us by name. We walk in and the receptionist will say, I have you covered, take a seat.
Most of my cost were covered by insurance. I had deductibles for office visits and procedures that added to a few hundred dollars. The egg donor cost was comparable to egg banks except that I had more eggs from a fresh donor.
I am all for single embryo transfer.

2023, 10 Eggs Frozen
Dr Flisser is very thoughtful, compassionate, knowledgeable and pragmatic. Not only was my fertility preservation experience smooth, Dr Flisser also armed me with insightful information and helped frame how to think about my options, fertility evolution and factors influencing it with age. Dr Flisser is able to effectively translate a wealth of knowledge in a way that is relevant, actionable and meaningful - and he was there to answer all my questions during the initial consultation and throughout morning monitorings. I can't recommend Dr Flisser enough!
RMA of NY is an excellent clinic: with the highest calibre of doctors, nurses, coordinators and overall very effective process. My experience was smooth and efficient. Would highly recommend RMA of NY...I interacted with a couple of different nurses and coordinators throughout my cycle. ALL of them were responsive, compassionate, effective in addressing questions and guiding every step of the way.
How was your experience with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
Be open about your goals and answer any and all questions you might have - Dr Flisser is the best to build the most effective, relevant plan together with you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Flisser at RMA of New York?
During every interaction (from the first consultation to monitorings) Dr Flisser was thoughtful and available to answer any and all questions in an actionable, relevant way.
Describe the protocols Eric Flisser used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Egg freezing cycle - Antagonist protocol: First 5 days: Gonal/F morning, Menopur evening Days 6-9: Gonal/F morning, Menopur + Cetrotide evening Day 10: Gonal/F morning, trigger shot in the evening
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: All nurses + coordinator Anita Ho)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA of NY is an excellent clinic: with the highest calibre of doctors, nurses, coordinators and overall very effective process. My experience was smooth and efficient. Would highly recommend RMA of NY!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Opportunity to choose a time slot within monitoring hours of 6-9am. The wait was never longer than 5-10min. Very convenient to combine with working hours given monitoring happens starting very early in the morning.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Flisser at RMA of New York.
My egg freezing cycle and associated medication was covered by insurance (other than deductible and co-pays). Overall cost for the cycle that was communicated is $9,500 + $950 anesthesiology + $4,000-8,000 for medications if not covered by insurance
Eric Flisser

2021 - 2023, Unknown Success
LGBTQ+
Dr. Lekovich is incredibly intelligent, kind, and an overall badass superhero doctor! She was very patient with me and made me feel like I was in excellent, expert hands throughout the process. She was also my husband's provider, and I felt the same level of care from her throughout both our processes...also provided care to my transgender partner and went above and beyond to make him feel comfortable and respected throughout a potentially triggering process.
[RMA of New York] Strengths: multiple locations, so you can choose monitoring appointments at locations convenient for you; incredibly talented doctors Weaknesses: sometimes response to emails is slow and disorganized and you just have to be patient (they will address everything eventually!)...Very efficient system for monitoring appointments. As a doctor myself, I was impressed with how smooth their flow was. Also very easily to reschedule monitoring appointments or change them to a different clinic location.
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Don't be disappointed if you don't see her for every appointment.
Dr. Lekovich is very personable. She always asked about my family, remembered details about working with me over several years, and seemed to genuinely care about me. I only wish I had been able to see her more often (for all monitoring appointments and the actual retrieval procedure).
Antagonist stim protocol. 225IU gonal f in the morning + 150-225IU menopur in the evening with ultrasound and bloodwork monitoring every 1-3 days, 250mcg cetrotide in the evenings starting around day 7, then trigger shots (novarel + leuprolide acetate) 36h before retrieval procedure. Not sure what the rationale was, but had 26 oocytes retrieved (not yet sure how many frozen).
How competent was Jovana Lekovich at LGBTQ+ care?
Yes; Dr. Lekovich also provided care to my transgender partner and went above and beyond to make him feel comfortable and respected throughout a potentially triggering process.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Nursing staff was always very thorough when answering phone calls or emails. Shout-out to Julie for her empathy, kindness, and compassion!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York.
Our costs were 100% covered by Progyny, but the general breakdown the clinic provided us was ~$9500 all labwork/monitoring/consultations/procedure, ~$4000-$8000 medications, ~$900 anesthesia fee

2021 - 2023, 25 Eggs Frozen
LGBTQ+
[Dr. Jovana Lekovich is] caring and easy to talk to - knowledgeable: especially around LGBTQI+ care - very professional - will give you information based on data - takes the time to explain the process and helps you understand it better - supportive and reassuring you throughout the process...I could not imagine going through the egg retrieval process without someone as caring, kind, and incredibly knowledgeable as Dr. Jovana Lekovich.
[RMA of New York] clean and airy facility - great intake process, easy to follow, and thought out for the patient to get the most out of it while there - front desk is efficient at checking you in - phlebotomists - are very kind and respectful They have multiple clinics - the Brooklyn one is also more diverse when it comes to other clients too...My pronouns were always used appropriately and respectful language was used all the time. Furthermore, I did not feel discriminated, but on the contrary it was nice not having to explain my care needs.
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
- caring and easy to talk to - knowledgeable: especially around LGBTQI+ care - very professional - will give you information based on data - takes the time to explain the process and helps you understand it better - supportive and reassuring you throughout the process
Be a bit flexible with your time, sometimes appointments can take longer or less. But be assured they are doing their best to accommodate you.
I could not imagine going through the egg retrieval process without someone as caring, kind, and incredibly knowledgeable as Dr. Jovana Lekovich. The first time I met her for our consultation, she walked me through the entire process, explaining every scientific aspect (even had a nice visual presentation!), answering patiently and non-judgmentally all my questions, and reaching out when I had specific concerns. To add to this, I did not feel that a doctor was talking down to me, but rather that she was on a journey with me. She patiently listened to my concerns and discussed all options that I had. Following up, when I met her for the first time in person, she was very easy going, friendly, with a great sense of humor, and the kind of doctor who was concerned about my overall well being. Furthermore, as an LGBTQI+ patient, my specific concerns were always addressed and understood. As an example, there were certain procedures that would have made me as a transgender man incredibly uncomfortable, but we still found workarounds to have a successful outcome without risking the rest of my well-being. It is really refreshing to have a doctor who is informed about LGBTQI+ issues, isn't uncomfortable around it, and will work with you using research and data when presenting you with information. It was really in her manner, knowledge about the LGBTQI+ issues, and care that I nevertheless found comfort in a process that can be incredibly triggering. That being said, I am incredibly grateful to have had a successful egg retrieval experience, due to the care of such an amazing doctor and her team. I highly recommend her!
How competent was Jovana Lekovich at LGBTQ+ care?
Yes, yes, and 100%. My pronouns were always used appropriately and respectful language was used all the time. Furthermore, I did not feel discriminated, but on the contrary it was nice not having to explain my care needs.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
All of my nurses were great. I was able to communicate with them easily, they answered all my questions and even post-care checked on me. Very happy with my experience with them.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
- clean and airy facility - great intake process, easy to follow, and thought out for the patient to get the most out of it while there - front desk is efficient at checking you in - phlebotomists - are very kind and respectful They have multiple clinics - the Brooklyn one is also more diverse when it comes to other clients too.
Progyny covered it all.

2023, 48 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Friedenthal was very helpful from the first time I met with her, explaining every step of the egg freezing process and what to expect. She answered all my questions honestly and in a way I could understand. She always had a smile on her face and was very pleasant to work with on such a personal matter...ncredibly sweet, caring, understanding, and knowledgable. I felt very comfortable in her care
RMA ran like a well-oiled machine, and I was very comfortable with my care there. Everyone was very helpful and friendly...My only minor feedback would be that a couple times there may have been a lack of communication on their end because I would get 2 phone calls from 2 different people about the same topic (for ex: scheduling a follow-up appt). However, over-communication is a good problem to have...Monitoring appts were very efficient, with wait times between about 5-25 minutes.
How was your experience with Jenna Friedenthal at RMA of New York?
Don't be afraid to ask questions, she is very good at answering them.
Dr. Friedenthal is incredibly sweet, caring, understanding, and knowledgable. I felt very comfortable in her care.
Dr. Friedenthal's team was great - easy to communicate with over email or phone, and for the most part, was very quick to respond. When I couldn't start my egg freezing cycle on the day we had planned due to me being in the wrong part of my cycle, she adjusted my treatment accordingly and quickly. She made the whole process very easy for me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Vivyan Lin)
I don't believe I ever met Vivyan in person so I would have liked to do that at some point. But she was very helpful over email, always answering my questions and reiterating that that's what she was there for.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA ran like a well-oiled machine, and I was very comfortable with my care there. Everyone was very helpful and friendly. There was one day when I became dizzy after getting bloodwork done, and the nurses took very good care of me in the moment and made sure that at every visit afterward I was drinking lots of fluids. My only minor feedback would be that a couple times there may have been a lack of communication on their end because I would get 2 phone calls from 2 different people about the same topic (for ex: scheduling a follow-up appt). However, over-communication is a good problem to have!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring appts were very efficient, with wait times between about 5-25 minutes. They always had plenty of staff doing bloodwork and ultrasounds. It was also helpful to have a board at the front desk that would state which doctor(s) were monitoring each morning.
The total cost of egg freezing including 1 year of storage was about $10,000. Injection medications were about $3,000. Anesthesia for the procedure was about $950. Every 6 months of storage after the first year is about $700.

2022 - 2023, Successful
She [Dr. Tia Jackson-Bey] was present throughout the majority of my appointments and she always made me feel confident about the outcome of procedures. She was right on point and I trusted her decision making a lot. She was diligent and she made great decisions throughout that resulted in a successful pregnancy after the first egg retrieval and subsequent transfer...She gave me a lot of confidence throughout the whole fertility process, without her wonderful bedside manner I wouldn’t have been able to do it.
At times they [RMA of New York] were very busy and the wait times were long. But, I’d say 85 percent of the time I was seen right on time which is great considering how often I would go there for appointments. The other doctors on site were also amazing, so when my doctor wasn’t available I felt comfortable being seen by the other doctors. The ladies at the front desk weren’t the most friendly but they were professional and the waiting room is a serene setting
How was your experience with Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York?
She was present throughout the majority of my appointments and she always made me feel confident about the outcome of procedures. She was right on point and I trusted her decision making a lot. She was diligent and she made great decisions throughout that resulted in a successful pregnancy after the first egg retrieval and subsequent transfer.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York?
Trust her, she truly knows what she’s doing.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York?
Dr. Jackson is very personable, I always felt comfortable with her and her and her team were always available to me when I had questions and concerns. She gave me a lot of confidence throughout the whole fertility process, without her wonderful bedside manner I wouldn’t have been able to do it.
Describe the protocols Tia Jackson-Bey used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
At first we did a lot of testing for my partner and I to determine the reason for our unexplained infertility. She knew I was apprehensive to do IVF and she was never judgemental about that and encouraged me to try IUI’s once everything looked clear and healthy for my partner and I. We tried 4 IUI’s and they did not result in pregnancy so I told Dr. Jackson I would like to go for IVF. She was very attentive during the entire process and she said that she would consider 8 eggs a success and that she is optimistic that we could be successful in the first round. She was right. We got pregnant after our first transfer and I was stunned.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Nayelyn and Julie)
They were always available to me and did a great job at providing me with I go and explaining it to me
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
At times they were very busy and the wait times were long. But, I’d say 85 percent of the time I was seen right on time which is great considering how often I would go there for appointments. The other doctors on site were also amazing, so when my doctor wasn’t available I felt comfortable being seen by the other doctors. The ladies at the front desk weren’t the most friendly but they were professional and the waiting room is a serene setting
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York.
Our insurance covered a lot of it
Describe Tia Jackson-Bey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
We never actually discussed this, I just assumed we would do one transfer since we got a grade A embryo and that’s exactly what she did
Tia Jackson-Bey

2023, 10 Eggs Frozen
I saw [Dr.] Kimberley [Thornton] once during my initial consultation and she was great. She explained everything thoroughly and answered all my questions. She was also very respectful of me, my situation, and my family planning needs...most things were automated or recorded and I often felt like I was just a number on a sheet going through a process and that it wasn't significant for them.
The clinic [RMA of New York] has so many patients that they are not able to take a hands-on approach to every patient. I really had to drive the process and make sure I got the treatment and medication I needed at the right time. The doctors and nurses were excellent, but the care coordinator and insurance team were challenging to work with...The nursing staff was kind and considerate but often seemed rushed and moved people through things very quickly (blood draws, exams, etc.)
How was your experience with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
I saw Kimberley once during my initial consultation and she was great. She explained everything thoroughly and answered all my questions. She was also very respectful of me, my situation, and my family planning needs.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
I would recommend doing a little research ahead of time, coming prepared with questions, and ensuring you know the next steps before leaving.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
Everyone treated me with respect and while I was in person communication was good. However, most things were automated or recorded and I often felt like I was just a number on a sheet going through a process and that it wasn't significant for them. I really had to manage things on my own and make sure they scheduled the right appointments at the right time and that I had the right amount of medications.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic has so many patients that they are not able to take a hands-on approach to every patient. I really had to drive the process and make sure I got the treatment and medication I needed at the right time. The doctors and nurses were excellent, but the care coordinator and insurance team were challenging to work with. The insurance team submitted my claims wrong a handful of times and I had to carefully monitor them and work with my insurance to get it corrected which took months.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
There were usually 5-10 people during monitoring hours but they moved people through quickly and I didn't usually have to wait that long. They also would consider my preferences if I needed to be in really early one day for work purposes.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York.
Anesthesia - $950 Procedure - $6360 Blood draws - $180 (every monitoring appt) Exams - $240 (usually every other monitoring appt during the cycle) Medication - approx $5,000 Initial consult & labs - $1500
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
The clinic made a mistake in the first prescription they sent in for the fertility drugs for my egg-freezing procedure. I had to cross-check the original email the care coordinator sent with the prescription and work with the clinic to get an additional prescription.

2011 - 2023, Successful
He [Dr. Alan Copperman] noticed my needs and addressed accordingly...He is a great Dr. Who cared about me and my outcomes! When we met he knew my history and understood what I was asking...We felt very taken care of the by dr copperman as he took the time to hear us out. We also felt he did not make us do unnecessary testing that a different provider tried telling us we Must do.
They [RMA of New York] are big and very professional like and you don’t get much personal service but overall when it comes to picking a clinic I feel I want a place with good success as I’m not looking for friendships now but rather to have a baby...appreciate the staff but they don’t go out of their way to make you feel like a person and not a number which I do wish they did a little more...There are a lot of different nurses and I didn’t love that part but whoever I did speak with kind and caring
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
He is a great Dr. Who cared about me and my outcomes! When we met he knew my history and understood what I was asking and took good care of me.I was coming from another Dr who I didn’t have a good experience with so this was a very welcome change for me and my husband! We felt very taken care of the by dr copperman as he took the time to hear us out. We also felt he did not make us do unnecessary testing that a different provider tried telling us we Must do.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
He’s a great dr. Dont expect the warm type but he really does care!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
He noticed my needs and addressed accordingly
Describe the protocols Alan Copperman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I try to block this out of my memory
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
They are big and very professional like and you don’t get much personal service but overall when it comes to picking a clinic I feel I want a place with good success as I’m not looking for friendships now but rather to have a baby. Therefore most important to me was success rates and that’s why I originally chose RMA of NY. I have been happy there overall and did appreciate the staff but they don’t go out of their way to make you feel like a person and not a number which I do wish they did a little more. Hopefully that is something they will continue to work on as it has been many years since Im with the clinic and saw very little change in this area specifically.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alan Copperman at RMA of New York.
Each treatment cost is different
Describe Alan Copperman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Being that my embryos were pgt tested I as well as the Dr only wanted to to eSET
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I once had an sis appt and they also had me come in for blood work that same morning but the appts were scheduled 3 hours apart and that was not ok
Alan Copperman

2022 - 2023, Unsuccessful
At the very beginning, like our first consultation [with Dr. Kimberley Thornton] and before I really started IVF cycles, I felt more like a number. But especially as I've done stym cycles I feel like I have good rapport with Dr. Thornton. Especially having dealt with bad news and poor results, she's been really comforting, supportive and available...
I'd say the one thing to keep in mind this clinic [RMA of New York] is IVF focused, so if you really want to explore other alternatives and are hesitant about that, this might not be the best place to go...They [RMA of New York nurses] are super responsive and get back to you within a few hours. They are also really flexible about scheduling and other considerations. There was a coordinator I worked with at the beginning, who was not very responsive or clear but she's gone now.
How was your experience with Kimberley Thornton at RMA of New York?
Some of the pros are she is really available, you can always email her or the nurses and they get back to you pretty quickly. I feel like I can reach out with any question and she's also available to speak on the phone.
I'd say the one thing to keep in mind this clinic is IVF focused, so if you really want to explore other alternatives and are hesitant about that, this might not be the best place to go. I mean she told us about clomid and I did one cycle of just that, but the real focus is IVF.
At the very beginning, like our first consultation and before I really started IVF cycles, I felt more like a number. But especially as I've done stym cycles I feel like I have good rapport with Dr. Thornton. Especially having dealt with bad news and poor results, she's been really comforting, supportive and available.
Describe the protocols Kimberley Thornton used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
First I requested to do just a Clomid cycle, which I did. Then we started IVF with Clomid and styms. When I only had two follicles develop, we cancelled the cycle and then tried one with an injection instead of Clomid. That had only one follicle mature, so then we switched to doing an Estrogen patch primer. That worked better and I had four potential eggs when going in for retrieval, two of them turned out to be two immature and then one inseminated abnormally. Then the one that developed was missing a chromosome.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Melissa Moro)
They are super responsive and get back to you within a few hours. They are also really flexible about scheduling and other considerations. There was a coordinator I worked with at the beginning, who was not very responsive or clear but she's gone now.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The most important thing I would emphasize this an IVF focused clinic. That is really the emphasis and approach. If you are looking for other treatments, that is not their focus. The locations are quite convenient, for me at least. I go to the Soho, Brooklyn and East Side locations regularly.
Three cycles are covered by my insurance, so I only paid a few copays that were not that much. I've spent like $200 total out of pocket at the clinic in the past year with dozens of visits. However, I exhausted my lifetime fertility drug plan allowance after 1.2 cycles, so paying for drugs out of pocket is over $5,600 and I'm about to start another cycle.

2023, Unsuccessful
I actually only saw Dr. Klein in-office one or two times...My visit determining whether I should trigger or not was done by a different doctor, and my egg retrieval was done by yet another different doctor. In my egg retrieval debrief, Dr. Klein told me maybe we should have triggered a day later...He essentially told me I should not consider continuing on with my own eggs despite being 34 years old and previously pregnant
The Westchester clinic [at RMA New York] is depressingly small and the front desk staff were some of the most rude and aggressively loud folks I’ve run into in a medical office. I was erroneously told my appointment time and showed up at the wrong time, as a result. One of the ladies at the front desk chided me in front of all the other patients...each ultrasound tech gave me a different egg count each time. The whole process lacked basic continuity
How was your experience with Jeffrey Klein at RMA of New York?
My experience with Dr. Klein was nothing short of a disaster. I rarely saw him and I felt like another number in a fertility factory. One alarming thing that happened was during monitoring. One of the ultrasound techs told me my uterus was very thick (20+mm). This was especially concerning because my mother had uterine cancer and my uterus had never shown this pattern before. When I reached out to Klein expressing my concerns, he said we should do a hysteroscopy — during which, my uterus looked normal. He failed to take accountability for this shortcoming of his staff. Furthermore, each ultrasound tech gave me a different egg count each time. The whole process lacked basic continuity. When we debriefed about my failed egg retrieval where all my embryos arrested, he told me my egg quality was bad (sure, but how can this be known with certainty?) and that I should consider donor eggs. He essentially told me I should not consider continuing on with my own eggs despite being 34 years old and previously pregnant. I got the strong sense that he cared more about his success statistics than seeing my treatment through to a successful outcome. At several points in my cycle I mentioned that the egg yield was lower than ever before and that I was open to canceling the cycle. This suggestion was ignored and they kept telling me I’d be able to get a few good ones. When they did the retrieval and only six eggs were mature, I questioned whether we triggered too soon and Dr. Klein suggested we could have. I often felt that I knew more about my body and treatment than the doctors in this clinic. At no point did I feel properly supported or cared for during treatment.
If you are looking for a standard protocol in a fertility factory, RMA and Dr. Klein would probably be a reasonable fit. If you have a more unique case (e.g. Previous losses, endometriosis, etc), run for the hills.
I came to Dr. Klein after working with a different clinic. I had previously undergone three egg retrievals, one transfer that resulted in a chemical pregnancy, and one transfer that resulted in a pregnancy that tragically ended at 20 weeks. I was hoping that Dr. Klein would review my case more thoroughly and seek a more tailored approach, but I received poor care with — what I felt like — little regard for my fertility journey. I actually only saw Dr. Klein in-office one or two times and was seen by his staff of (seemingly) untrained ultrasound techs for the rest of my cycle. My visit determining whether I should trigger or not was done by a different doctor, and my egg retrieval was done by yet another different doctor. In my egg retrieval debrief, Dr. Klein told me maybe we should have triggered a day later…..perhaps if he had seen me at that last visit, he could've made that decision.
Clomid, gonal f, menopur, cetrotide
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The phlebotomists were not great. On several occasions they had trouble finding veins in either arm……never had that issue before. After my egg retrieval I received a call on day 5 from one of the nurses saying one of two embryos was an early blast and they were still watching the other embryo. I was surprised to hear on day 7 that both embryos had arrested because the nurse told me I had an early blast two days earlier. This information was erroneously reported to me on day 5 and it was a crushing blow to hear that I had nothing on day 7.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The Westchester clinic is depressingly small and the front desk staff were some of the most rude and aggressively loud folks I’ve run into in a medical office. I was erroneously told my appointment time and showed up at the wrong time, as a result. One of the ladies at the front desk chided me in front of all the other patients. When we were trying to make a new appointment for an in-office procedure, she yelled it out across the room so that everyone could hear. I was so upset by this interaction that I let Dr. Klein know how offensive it was that she aired out my private medical info to a room full of patients. He did call me personally and apologize for the behavior of this staff member.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
Incorrect reporting of eggs counted on ultrasound, incorrect reporting of uterus thickening, incorrect reporting of embryos, and an error with their scheduling.

2022 - 2023, Unknown Success
Dr. Nazem has always taken the time to answer any and all of my questions. She was the person who called me with all the good and even the bad news. She comforted me when the news wasn’t the best. She made me feel very comfortable and positive that IVF could work for me...has an amazing bedside manner. She explained every procedure/test that I needed and walked me through it all. She has made this long and brutal journey just the slightest bit easier because of her caring nature.
They [RMA of New York] have many patients for monitoring appointments in the morning but everything runs quickly and smoothly. It’s sometimes run like a well-oiled machine. Usually the wait time isn’t too long but there have been instances of a long wait (more than 30 minutes)...The nurses are absolutely wonderful and work so incredibly hard...Dr. Nazem has an amazing bedside manner. She explained every procedure/test that I needed and walked me through it all. She has made this long and brutal journey just the slightest bit easier because of her caring nature.
Trust her.
For the egg retrieval process, I was on lupron, gonal, menopur, and lovenox. I was only on lovenox because of my past history, but Dr. Nazem worked with my hematologist to make sure I was safe. For the embryo transfer, I was on oral estrogen and progesterone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Julia)
The nurses are absolutely wonderful and work so incredibly hard.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
They have many patients for monitoring appointments in the morning but everything runs quickly and smoothly. It’s sometimes run like a well-oiled machine. Usually the wait time isn’t too long but there have been instances of a long wait (more than 30 minutes).
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
I would give my preference of a time and they did their best to give me that time. Most of the time, it worked in my favor.
My insurance covers a few rounds of IVF cycles. The only thing we needed to pay for were the PGT-A testing, anesthesia, and co-pays.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
When I went in for my follow-up post retrieval, it was an on-call nurse who called me late in the evening with instructions to begin a new egg retrieval protocol, but I wasn’t doing a another retrieval. I tried explaining to her my situation but being she was the on-call nurse, she didn’t know my information.