LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

9.7
9.7

115 E 57th Street
197 Cedar Lane
Teaneck, NJ 07666

2022, 22 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Olcha is very comprehensive and gentle when explaining treatment steps. He is very engaged and clear when talked to you both in person or virtually. I felt very relaxed on the day of my procedure due to Dr. Olcha's calm personality...The entire process felt very customized for my body...Even though majority of my appointments were virtual due to distance, Dr. Olcha talked to me on every zoom or phone call. I felt I had access to him personally throughout the entire process...
This clinic [Sama Fertility] has great communication! Their texting service makes it easy to ask any question you need at any time of day - even with a time difference. Dr. Olcha is readily available to answer any questions you need. Additionally, they are very advanced with new technology. This allowed me to do all of my appointments (ultrasound, blood draw) at home. I was able to maintain a full work schedule up to my retrieval. This also allowed for my total procedure to be more affordable...
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at Sama Fertility?
Even though majority of my appointments were virtual due to distance, Dr. Olcha talked to me on every zoom or phone call. I felt I had access to him personally throughout the entire process - even with a 3 hour time difference. Dr. Olcha is very comprehensive and gentle when explaining treatment steps. He is very engaged and clear when talked to you both in person or virtually. I felt very relaxed on the day of my procedure due to Dr. Olcha's calm personality. I appreciated that he called me a week post procedure to check in on my recovery - this is a great personal touch!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Meir Olcha at Sama Fertility?
Don't be afraid to reach out to the team during your treatment - even if it late at night! Someone will likely respond and help you out!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Meir Olcha at Sama Fertility?
Dr. Olcha talked on the phone with me consistently prior, during, and post treatment. He was always easy to access. Additionally, he would stay on the phone with me for as long as I needed to make sure I understood the next steps completely. I was apart of a pilot program where I did my own home ultrasounds. Dr. Olcha made this process so easy and walked me through every scan. My entire experience felt very personable and customized for me.
Describe the protocols Meir Olcha used in your cycles at Sama Fertility and their degree of success.
I was apart of a pilot program where I did all of my own transvaginal ultrasounds at home via a remote probe and app on my phone. This was the highlight of my experience. This allowed me to cut down the amount of in clinic appointments as well as maintain a full work schedule up to my procedure. Dr. Olcha walked me through each scan and made it very easy/efficient. I felt empowered and educated about what was happening in my body during my hormone treatment by preforming my own scans. We also were able to preform more scans during the 10 day treatment due to the easy accessibility - this allowed for a more custom hormone treatment plan. The entire process felt very customized for my body!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sama Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Giana)
Giana explained how to preform the injections very clearly and provided me with a lot of video content to make it easy!
Describe your experience with Sama Fertility.
This clinic has great communication! Their texting service makes it easy to ask any question you need at any time of day - even with a time difference. Dr. Olcha is readily available to answer any questions you need. Additionally, they are very advanced with new technology. This allowed me to do all of my appointments (ultrasound, blood draw) at home. I was able to maintain a full work schedule up to my retrieval. This also allowed for my total procedure to be more affordable. Weakness might be not enough west coast locations.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Meir Olcha at Sama Fertility.
$9999 for the total treatment including the first 5 years of storage.
Describe Meir Olcha's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sama Fertility.

2023 - 2024, Successful
Dr. Olcha made me feel comfortable from the beginning of the process...promptly responded to my emails and reviewed my test results quickly...has a warm disposition...always called me by name and was very kind...left informative voicemails, following up with emails if we didn't connect
[Sama Fertility] is quick to respond, organized, works well together, and kind. I do not have any weaknesses to report...The entire nursing staff is incredibly organized and thoughtful. They listen and show compassion. I felt and still feel very well cared for!...treatment was fairly standard
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at Sama Fertility?
Dr. Olcha made me feel comfortable from the beginning of the process. He always returned emails quickly and got me the meds I needed asap. Dr. Olcha left informative voicemails, following up with emails if we didn't connect. He also included extra information when I asked for it! Dr. Olcha has a warm demeanor and I will never forget the experience of transfer. Our "shooting star!"
Enjoy the experience and ask questions if you have them.
Dr. Olcha promptly responded to my emails and reviewed my test results quickly. Dr. Olcha has a warm disposition and I felt very comfortable when I met him for the first time at his clinic in New York. Dr. Olcha always called me by name and was very kind. I still have his voicemails saved! And, I actually had a dream three days after transfer that included him - he asked me to put my hand on my belly and he put his on top of mine and told me to breathe six times. I did and then he said, "Ahhh, you are pregnant!"
As far as I know, I responded well to the medications, so the treatment was fairly standard. I reviewed every medication with a nurse prior to beginning it, and we did not need to change protocols, so the whole process was fairly straightforward.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sama Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Anita Bracken)
Describe your experience with Sama Fertility.
The clinic is quick to respond, organized, works well together, and kind. I do not have any weaknesses to report. I would encourage a new patient to ask questions and ask for more information if she does not understand everything.
The clinic paid for everything up until I tested positive for pregnancy. From there on out, my husband and I paid out of pocket for ultrasounds and then will submit a superbill to our insurance. Medications were covered by insurance, but we needed to pay for shipping as the pharmacy was out of state. We took out a loan, so the clinic deducted costs through our loan, which we could monitor online.
None

2023, Unknown Success
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Dr. Olcha was professional with his assessment and treatment. We met him a few times but communicated with his team representative often. Every meeting was professional and the expectations were set clearly. One challenge we experienced was it seemed it took more time than expected to get some consultation with our donor completed...In generally, I am enjoying the benefits of Dr. Olcha
[Sama Fertility] It's feels like a smaller clinic with the advantage of being close enough to focus on your specific needs. They understand the process throughly and provide clear guidance on the different aspects and possible paths...Dr. Olcha was professional with his assessment and treatment. We met him a few times but communicated with his team representative often. Every meeting was professional and the expectations were set clearly. One challenge we experienced was it seemed it took more time than expected to get some consultation with our donor completed. It is not clear if this was due to the donor's availability or Sama's. In generally, I am enjoying the benefits of Dr. Olcha and his team's experience and efforts in making the process smooth.
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at Sama Fertility?
Understand the process can take time and seek to colloborate on how to save time from the start.
Describe your experience with Sama Fertility.
The cost was all inclusive of consultation, egg retreival, embryo transfer, medication for around 23k.

3 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
I found Dr. Olcha to be straightforward in direction. He was cautious and did not transfer when the conditions were not optimal. This felt disappointing at the moment but when it worked one month later I was grateful we waited and did not waste a precious embryo...I agree with his approach to do a single transfer...I felt he was responsive and I really felt I got the care he would have given to his own close friend or family member
Strength [of Sama Fertility] is responsiveness, convenience...I didn’t have to wait for anything - everything was scheduled what felt like immediately. It was really a pleasure to deal with each staff member...Giana and Priya were my main care coordinators. They were both amazing. I would text them with various issues and they would immediately respond...I believe I paid about $7-8,000 for embryo creation and 2 transfer cycles
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at Sama Fertility?
I found Dr. Olcha to be straightforward in direction. He was cautious and did not transfer when the conditions were not optimal. This felt disappointing at the moment but when it worked one month later I was grateful we waited and did not waste a precious embryo - which another doctor would have done. I felt he was responsive and I really felt I got the care he would have given to his own close friend or family member. I was never left hanging or feeling like my needs were not a priority. So many times he went above and beyond.
Be proactive! That’s what he told me at our first visit. If you ask a question, you will get an answer.
The best part of Sama Fertility was the access I had to staff, and even Dr. Olcha. I have been to three clinics throughout my journey and this was the only place where I was able to receive almost immediate responsiveness. This put my mind at ease ad quelled a lot of anxiety.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sama Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Giana Spinelli)
Giana and Priya were my main care coordinators. They were both amazing. I would text them with various issues and they would immediately respond. At times there were issues with my gestational coordinator and they would magically resolve them. Because this was my third clinic I can assure the reader that this is not the norm. I am so grateful to them for everything they did throughout this process.
Describe your experience with Sama Fertility.
Strength is responsiveness, convenience (they were experts at conducting as much remotely as possible), and medical knowledge. I felt like I was in really good hands. I felt like there was a lot of red tape that I didn’t have to go through at this clinic that I had to deal with at other clinics. I didn’t have to wait for anything - everything was scheduled what felt like immediately. It was really a pleasure to deal with each staff member.
I believe I paid about $7-8,000 for embryo creation and 2 transfer cycles (the first transfer could not be completed day of and he did not charge me the full price for the second round). This included medication.
None. I agree with his approach to do a single transfer.

2023, Successful
My experience with Dr. Olcha should be the standard that every person gets when they are exploring fertility treatments. He is unbelievably kind and caring. He never made me feel like I was just another random patient. He spoke to me with gentleness as well as explained everything I needed to know in a clear and straightforward manner. I was concerned about something and he called me at 8:45pm to hear my concerns and put them at ease. This is the type of doctor he is. This is the actions of a doctor that cares for his patients. If I could have him deliver my baby, I would. Thank Dr. Olcha
I honestly don’t have any complaints about Sama. I had a fantastic experience. When you’re dealing with fertility issues, it’s great to be at a place where the doctor and staff see and hear you. It’s great that patients can text any thoughts and concerns and get a response within a hour. I’ve texted several times and always got a response...Dr. Olcha is a wonderful doctor. He always answered my questions and alleviated any stress or anxiety I might’ve had during the process. I felt safe with him. He NEVER rushed me off the phone and listened to everything I said. He’s bedside manners as 10/10. I HIGHLY recommend him for anyone considering IVF treatments.
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at Sama Fertility?
Be open and honest with your thoughts and concerns. He’s not a doctor that will shoot them down or make you feel silly for thinking/feeling them. He will make you feel safe
I did frozen embryo donation. I was on Estrogen (pill form 2mg and patch 0.1 mg) for 2 or 3 weeks prior to my transfer. I also took Progesterone in Vaginal suppository form (2X a day) as well as injection (1mg everyday until transfer and then every other day)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sama Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Giana and Priya)
Both Giana and Priya were great. Both ladies were extremely professional and kind. Giana would call me and update me. I always got met with a warm and kind voice. If she had to call me back, she did it in a timely manner. I never got the opportunity to speak to Priya over the phone however she was also very kind and professional via text. I have texted her on Sunday towards the evening and she always got back to me. She never made me feel guilty or bad if I needed some questions answered. Giana and Priya both made me feel safe that they were a text away. Both of these ladies have contributed to my wonderful experience with Sama. Thank you Giana and Priya.
Describe your experience with Sama Fertility.
The cost was broken in 3 parts. My medication, transfer procedure and embryo storage. It can store my second embryo for 3 years
I was fine with single embryo transfer

2023, Successful
Dr. Olcha was a good communicator, attentive, generous with his time during the preparation for treatment and the procedure, explained each step of the process, allowed plenty of time for questions, highly knowledgeable, and provided details so I could make fully informed decisions...The doctor recommended a single transfer which was also my preference...Dr. Olcha is kind, empathetic, generous with his time, highly knowledgeable, and takes the time to make sure patients have all the information to make truly informed decisions.
The [Sama Fertility] clinic itself is welcoming and clean. During my procedure I was the only patient scheduled and had plenty of privacy and time to meet with the embryologist, Dr Olcha, and the nurses. The clinic was technologically advanced but small enough to feel like each patient matters...The staff at SAMA was responsive, caring, and made the entire experience easier to navigate...Dr. Olcha is kind, empathetic, generous with his time, highly knowledgeable, and takes the time to make sure patients have all the information to make truly informed decisions.
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at Sama Fertility?
Hormone treatments of progesterone (injectable) and estradiol (orally) to prepare for FET procedure. Regular lab work to adjust dosage.
Describe your experience with Sama Fertility.
The SAMA clinic was 3 hours from my home in the middle of NYC. Driving to the clinic and dealing with parking in the city was the difficult part of using this clinic. The clinic itself is welcoming and clean. During my procedure I was the only patient scheduled and had plenty of privacy and time to meet with the embryologist, Dr Olcha, and the nurses. The clinic was technologically advanced but small enough to feel like each patient matters.
$5900.
The doctor recommended a single transfer which was also my preference.
LGBTQ+

2023, Unknown Success
LGBTQ+
Dr Olcha is very knowledgeable, honest and upfront. I’d compare his care to working with a coach, he is going to help you get to your goal and will be clear with you what may happen and what you need to do. While I wouldn’t say is the type to coddle, he is not cold or disrespectful. He really cares of your outcomes...Don’t hesitate to email him with questions, he is very responsive...
I am a remote patient of SAMA Fertility (outside of the NYC area) and all my interactions are done via email, text, or phone except for surgery procedures which we travel for. I don’t mind the virtual approach. For those looking for a lot of in-person time this may not be what you’re looking for...Sama schedules my appts for ultrasounds with providers where I live on my behalf, which is amazing...procedures are done in NYC at Global Fertility and Genetics Center which is where the embryologists are also located...
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at Sama Fertility?
Don’t hesitate to email him with questions, he is very responsive
I did 2 short or antagonist protocols for egg retrievals. I do not have a diagnosed infertility issue so I was a candidate to do this approach. To be honest, I never really discussed other protocols, this was just suggested on what we do to start and I didn’t question it. After starting treatment and doing testing I did research on my own and learned what protocol I was doing.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Sama Fertility.
Every person I have spoken to at Sama has been nothing short of wonderful. The team really cares about what they are doing. I believe they have recently grown and they are onboarding new staff there have been a few hiccups with appts scheduled ( Sama schedules my appts for ultrasounds with providers where I live on my behalf, which is amazing). All small hiccups that I don’t believe will be long-term issues for them.
Describe your experience with Sama Fertility.
The “clinic” is remote but procedures are done in NYC at Global Fertility and Genetics Center which is where the embryologists are also located. Location is very easy to get to (get a Spot Hero reservation to park across the street at 110 E57th!) Some patients can also use at-home ultrasound machines as part of their treatment (I don’t qualify because of fibroids) which seems very convenient.
The pricing is a flat rate depending on your specific needs and protocol. All medications are included and shipped directly to you, which is so much better than having to purchase on your own. Cost also includes all ultrasounds and labs while you are in a cycle.
I have not yet experienced this with Dr Olcha.
What specific things went wrong at Sama Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Sama Fertility.
A couple of appts were incorrectly scheduled with local providers. It was caught before it was a bigger issue.
2023, Successful
I like the fact he [Dr. Meir Olcha] listens very well and over communicates. These are very important traits when going through fertility treatment. The ability to listen and explained thoroughly the course of action is very important. I also love the fact that he takes the time the course of action in terms of treatment...He suggested meditation and relax and trust the process. I felt that he listened very carefully and was extremely kind.
[Sama Fertility] Pros: super organized, check-in whether through phone calls or emails, on top of the the prescription. There are no surprised in terms of them changing the date of a procedure. The financial team does not blinds you. Other clinics sometimes would be blindsided you with extra cost. It has not been my experience with Sama...[nurse] is pleasant, organized and get back to you on a timely manner.
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at Sama Fertility?
I like the fact he listens very well and over communicates. These are very important traits when going through fertility treatment. The ability to listen and explained thoroughly the course of action is very important. I also love the fact that he takes the time the course of action in terms of treatment. Hus staff gets back to on a timely manner and you are able reach them via text messages.
I would tell any prospective patient of Dr Olcha to just be patient and listen carefully and ask all ur questions. Overall, you are in good hands.
SO I initially met him at New Hope where I did 3 cycles and they were a bust. Finally, we talked about a fourth cycle and we talked about changing the protocols. He took the time to have an in-person meeting at the height Covid to hear all my frustrations. He suggested meditation and relax and trust the process. I felt that he listened very carefully and was extremely kind.
My most successful cycle was round 4. The previous 3 cycles was done with Clomid and Gonal. It was mini IVF, stimulation for 10 days. Then u get the triggerl etc.. The fourth cycle, he added Menopur to the protocol. This resulted in 11 eggs being retrieved and 6 Embroys were created. 2 were high grade and normal. I did PGS on all. It resulted on my son being born. Currently, Im pregnant.
She is pleasant, organized and get back to you on a timely manner.
Describe your experience with Sama Fertility.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Sama Fertility.
If you could not make the appoint, there will send you a referral to do bloodwork and sonogram at a labcorp or lenox radiology in your neighborohood. It was super convenient.
Insurance covered my cycles. When I no longer had coverage, the cost of FET was $5700 with meds included

IUI With Other Docs
He [Dr. Meir Olcha] was very down to earth and explained everything in laymen’s terms even though I’m a physician myself...He gave me his personal phone number so whenever I had a question I could always text him and he responded quickly. I wanted to do the embryo transfer asap and he worked with my schedule so it could be done. Very positive experience with him. I would highly recommend him...He also told me which supplements to take and why.
The [Sama Fertility] strength; I was given Dr Olcha’s number and I could communicate with him whenever I needed. The communication between the nurse/clinical coordinator could have been more clear when I need to use my insurance for the ultrasound / blood work...I had unexplained infertility, my numbers were not good. With his protocol which was an antagonist I ended up getting 18 eggs, 11 embryos ! I was pleasantly surprised. He also told me which supplements to take and why.
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at Sama Fertility?
Your goals for IVF, ask as many questions as you can.
He was very down to earth and explained everything in laymen’s terms even though I’m a physician myself.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Sama Fertility.
I never met them personally, the emails were very straightforward on the steps I needed to take.
Describe your experience with Sama Fertility.
The strength; I was given Dr Olcha’s number and I could communicate with him whenever I needed. The communication between the nurse/clinical coordinator could have been more clear when I need to use my insurance for the ultrasound / blood work.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Sama Fertility.
It was done at an imaging center.
12,500 for the IVF
Due to my age single was the better option, I did not want more than one child.

2022 - 2023, Successful
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Dr. Olcha explained in detail how we were going to proceed, the medications, steps, and if he didn’t like the blood results were where he thought the should be he wasn’t going to go through it. With has he had Plan A, B, and C...We did a transfer with him. He first diagnosed me with an infection in my uterus, he was able to clearer it up and we continued with the process. He prepared my uterus with a couple of medications and now we are expecting our first child
I didn’t personally go to their clinic [Sama Fertility], but if I needed to contact any of them they were responsive. My bloodwork and ultrasounds were done at labs/center near my house. Our communication was via text/email...Dr. Olcha explained in detail how we were going to proceed, the medications, steps, and if he didn’t like the blood results were where he thought the should be he wasn’t going to go through it. With has he had Plan A, B, and C.
How was your experience with Meir Olcha at Sama Fertility?
Trust in him, he knows what he’s doing and will be treated with respect
Since our first consultation he was kind, straightforward, and wanted to know about our history and outcomes. Took the time to listen
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sama Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Sarthak)
We were able to text back and forth and at all times. Quick and responsive
Describe your experience with Sama Fertility.
I didn’t personally go to their clinic, but if I needed to contact any of them they were responsive. My bloodwork and ultrasounds were done at labs/center near my house. Our communication was via text/email.