5.4
5.4

LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

Mental health counseling is not offered
Mental health counseling is not offered
Selling medication is not offered
Selling medication is not offered

601 Colley Avenue
Norfolk, VA 23507

2022 - 2023, Unknown Success
Dr. Banks has been fabulous support and doctor throughout the fertility treatment journey. She does an excellent job explaining the protocols and steps moving forward...When I have raised concerns she addresses them and works to make sure the protocols make sense and are good for me and my husband...suggested only transferring one embryo...We did not have success with these and she was happy to change the protocol and move to IVF now instead of trying IUI again
The NP and sonographer [at Shady Grove Fertility Jones Institute] are fantastic. They are caring individuals and just fantastic to have on your team during this process. Recently the office has been very busy and have a lot of new front desk and nurses who help patients with blood draws has made the clinic run slower than when I first started a year ago. When I have gone for IUIs or monitoring some times the visit can be super quick and other times I am waiting an hour
How was your experience with Nicole Banks at Shady Grove Fertility Jones Institute?
Dr. Banks has been fabulous support and doctor throughout the fertility treatment journey. She does an excellent job explaining the protocols and steps moving forward. When I did not have success she was supportive and help plan how we can move forward to achieve the end goal of a baby.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nicole Banks at Shady Grove Fertility Jones Institute?
Be patient and open minded because the process is long stressful. Everyone’s situation is unique, and no two stories are exactly the same. Dr. Banks is a very loving and understanding person and puts your wants first. She is very personable and explains things in as much detail as you want.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nicole Banks at Shady Grove Fertility Jones Institute?
When talking to Dr. Banks I feel like she is focused on me and my care and the specific needs of our infertility journey. When I have raised concerns she addresses them and works to make sure the protocols make sense and are good for me and my husband.
Describe the protocols Nicole Banks used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Jones Institute and their degree of success.
We started with IUI because tests indicated that it could be successful (no male factor and no indication of female issues). Original plan was up to 3 IUIs and then move to IVF. We did 2 IUIs with Clomid and trigger shots. Each one included regular monitoring leading up to trigger and IUI. We did not have success with these and she was happy to change the protocol and move to IVF now instead of trying IUI again. She was very open to our thoughts and supported our decisions. She helped set up our new protocol for IVF. We are starting this new protocol and based on results from IUI it has been determined that we will have the best success with a frozen transfer (due to age and presence of fluid during IUI cycles) and ICSI (borderline male factor discovered). While Birth control supported cycle was originally suggested after discussion of preexisting GERD and ulcers it was agreed that using an estrogen patch would be better for my health than birth control. We have just set up this protocol and plan to move forward with it next month.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Shady Grove Fertility Jones Institute.
The nursing staff is great at responding to messages and communicating next steps. When I have issues or concerns they respond in a very timely matter to help not delay the process.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Jones Institute.
The NP and sonographer are fantastic. They are caring individuals and just fantastic to have on your team during this process. Recently the office has been very busy and have a lot of new front desk and nurses who help patients with blood draws has made the clinic run slower than when I first started a year ago. When I have gone for IUIs or monitoring some times the visit can be super quick and other times I am waiting an hour.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nicole Banks at Shady Grove Fertility Jones Institute.
I have Tricare so all diagnostic procedures were covered and just had to pay copays for those procedures. Stimulated IUI with Clomid cost was $1800, but we had a military discount. This cost included all monitoring events and the IUI procedure. Medications were not included but I do not remember the cost for Clomid and trigger shot. For IVF we have been quoted several options and opting to go with the Shared Risk program which costs $28,500 for my age and medications will be about $4,000.
Describe Nicole Banks's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility Jones Institute.
They suggested only transferring one embryo. I have no concerns with this approach.
LGBTQ+

2023, Unknown Success
LGBTQ+
i strongly recommend Dr. Harris as a 10/10 - especially if you are sensitive about the subject bc he is very kind and self aware of how he presents himself. My advice is to be open and honest with Dr. Harris because he won't judge you and will do his best to help you - he is a very kind doctor and deserved to have a review...He is very warm, patient and understanding. He is willing to help you to the best of his ability and answer any questions or concerns you may have, even giving his cell number
First, I am very grateful to SGF for having a contract with the VA and supporting us veterans - it means so much to make reproductive medicine accessible to us and we appreciate them so much. However, there are a couple weaknesses...there should probably be more front desk staff bc it is frequently difficult to get anyone to just answer the phone at all...financial dept seems to be very unorganized and not very easy to work with (when you're not working with the VA, which at first I wasn't and even at the beginning when I was, it was still poor communication between departments and very frustrating). For most patients, treatment must be paid completely in full before they do anything at all for you and I cannot imagine how frustrating that must be especially when coupled with the lack of organization AND communication from the financial staff.
How was your experience with Benjamin Harris at Shady Grove Fertility Jones Institute?
I specifically wanted to leave this review because I noticed Dr. Benjamin Harris was the only SGF doctor without a review here and if anyone deserves to be recognized as a 10 out of 10, it's certainly him. He is thorough, kind, compassionate, understanding, communicates well, and makes it clear he cares about your goals and helping you find the best way to achieve. I have had a few hiccups along the way (one of which was extremely embarassing and consisted of changing partners, which I was so embarassed about and I thought this would be humiliating and I'd be judged or laughed out) -- but that is the FURTHEST THING from what actually happened. Instead, I was pleasantly surprised and relieved at Dr. Harris' compassion, kindness, and professionalism. He was very understanding and instead of embarassing me over this delicate situation, he made sure that him and his nurses/med team guided me through the proper way to address the issue and get me back on track - I was treated as though it was okay and everyone was so kind and judgement free. Another thing I really like about Dr. Harris is how he is willing to take the time to explain everything - no matter how silly my questions, he really took the time to listen and answer. When I expressed my concerns (that were left over from the last fertility clinic I went to) about falling between the cracks and having staff forget about us and always feeling confused about the process and what we should be doing, he even gave me his direct cell phone number in case we ever experienced that frustration or felt lost at any point during the process - luckily, we have never needed it because him and his staff already do such a great job with communication.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Benjamin Harris at Shady Grove Fertility Jones Institute?
If you have a choice between which doctor you see at SGF, i strongly recommend Dr. Harris as a 10/10 - especially if you are sensitive about the subject bc he is very kind and self aware of how he presents himself. My advice is to be open and honest with Dr. Harris because he won't judge you and will do his best to help you - he is a very kind doctor and deserved to have a review
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Benjamin Harris at Shady Grove Fertility Jones Institute?
I wanted to leave this review bc I noticed Dr. Harris, specifically, had no reviews where all the other docs at SGF did. Dr. Harris very much has made me feel like a HUMAN (and not just a number like some doctors). He is very warm, patient and understanding. He is willing to help you to the best of his ability and answer any questions or concerns you may have, even giving his cell number when I explained in the -past (at the previous clinic before SGF), I felt as though we'd slipped through the cracks, were often forgotten about, and confused about the process. Dr. Harris certainly goes out of his way to ensure this doesn't happen and he is extremely sensitive, kind and understanding, making me feel more able to open up and be honest about questions and concerns.
Describe the protocols Benjamin Harris used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Jones Institute and their degree of success.
For being at this clinic the length of time I have, most people would have had more treatments completed by now. But for my IUI, so far, my partner has come in and given a sperm sample (which needs to be tested before using the sperm in an IUI), but we also freezed it, as my partner often is away at work and I also sometimes have trouble and pain with penetrative intercourse, which presents an obvious issue. Due to the fact I do not have regular periods OR ovulation on my own (unexplained), Dr. Harris prescribed me meds to start my period - of course combined with several ultrasounds every few days to monitor how my body responds to meds. After the period, he prescribed Femara multiple times at multiple different doses to make my follicles grow to at least 17mm (which i believe is where it needs to be before giving you an ovulation trigger shot, assuming you dont ovulate on your own), but it still never worked to make my follicles grow (I found through other fertility support groups this is somewhat common). So then, he prescribed Gonal-f injections. After going back last week, we found out the Gonal-f worked great, but that my follicles were JUST a tiny bit too small...so i have another ultrasound this morning and I HOPE they'll be big enough now. If so, I'll get the trigger shot and HOPEFULLY be having my first IUI soon with my partner's frozen sperm. However, we will also try naturally around the same time (if we can) to see if we can increase odds by putting more sperm there (though this isnt really necessesary for everyone -- we just decided we want to and it cant hurt)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Jones Institute. (Assigned nurse: Katie & MorgAnne)
Dr. Harris' primary nurses are Katy and MorgAnne and they are both wonderful communicators and also very compassionate, patient, kind, and willing to answer questions at any time. And when they don't know something - they are very upfront about not knowing but will certainly go to find out and i really appreciate that. SGF frequently uses a portal website, which is the fastest way to get ahold of them for anything - even just to ask them to call you back or email you back a response, as sometimes the front desk is simply too busy to answer.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Jones Institute.
First, I am very grateful to SGF for having a contract with the VA and supporting us veterans - it means so much to make reproductive medicine accessible to us and we appreciate them so much. However, there are a couple weaknesses. First, there should probably be more front desk staff bc it is frequently difficult to get anyone to just answer the phone at all, which can be extremely frustrating. Second, financial dept seems to be very unorganized and not very easy to work with (when you're not working with the VA, which at first I wasn't and even at the beginning when I was, it was still poor communication between departments and very frustrating). For most patients, treatment must be paid completely in full before they do anything at all for you and I cannot imagine how frustrating that must be especially when coupled with the lack of organization AND communication from the financial staff.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Benjamin Harris at Shady Grove Fertility Jones Institute.
Luckily, the Dept of Veteran Affairs has a contract with SGF and are covering the cost of my IUI. However, the only thing that has not been covered was the $600 fee for freezing my partner's sperm to make it "IUI ready" and the cost of some of the medications (which were about $200). Due to the high price of the Gonal-f injections (about $250 per each injection pen), the nurse was kind enough to submit the prescription to the dept of Veteran Affairs and they mailed it to me for no cost.
Benjamin Harris

2023, Unsuccessful
Dr Archer has very poor bedside manner. She appears disinterested and at times she can even give wrong clinical information. She is not encouraging and she is aloof. She made a mistake with my treatment and never took responsibility. She doesn’t do her own ultrasounds and doesn’t review the images. Overall I felt completely on my own and stressed throughout the whole process...I would not choose her as my doctor. For the record I would say the same even if I had a positive result.
Positives: The clinic is part of a large network so you can have monitoring in other locations. The reception people and phlebotomists are polite. Cons: Shady Grove in Norfolk appears to be disorganized...There is no continuity of care, cannot contact doctor directly, team seems to be not cohesive. Clinical staff badmouth other staff member in front of patients casting doubt on their clinical competence.
How was your experience with Johanna Archer at Shady Grove Fertility Jones Institute?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Johanna Archer at Shady Grove Fertility Jones Institute?
I would not choose her as my doctor. For the record I would say the same even if I had a positive result. The experience was really bad independently of the outcome.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Johanna Archer at Shady Grove Fertility Jones Institute?
My doctor didn’t remember critical information important about my treatment. There was an occasion that she mentioned to me a possible complication I was at risk for. She didn’t offer to check up on me or address questions. I had to ask her if I develop symptoms, should I go to the hospital and she said yes.
Describe the protocols Johanna Archer used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Jones Institute and their degree of success.
Timed intercourse with injectables and clomid. Mistakes were made on the timing as she designed my protocol. Medication doses not properly adjusted putting me at risk for complications.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Jones Institute. (Assigned nurse: Ashlyn Benjamin )
Initially I was assigned to a different nurse coordinator who was very unhelpful. Ashlyn was compassionate and helpful.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Jones Institute.
Positives: The clinic is part of a large network so you can have monitoring in other locations. The reception people and phlebotomists are polite. Cons: Shady Grove in Norfolk appears to be disorganized. It is a pity since they took over the Jones Institute which was a historical institution which performed first IVF in the US. There is no continuity of care, cannot contact doctor directly, team seems to be not cohesive. Clinical staff badmouth other staff member in front of patients casting doubt on their clinical competence.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility Jones Institute?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility Jones Institute.
Initially I was never told there was a treatment calendar posted on the portal increasing chances of error. Errors with my treatment calendar. Wrong form of injenctable was sent to pharmacy, while nurse trained me on different medication administration. As a result of the error I couldn’t administer the medication.
Johanna Archer

2022 - 2023, Successful
Dr. Banks is empathetic, optimistic yet realistic, intelligent, and has a heart of gold. She did the most thorough fertility work up I could imagine. I really cannot imagine a better fertility doctor...She’s phenomenal at what she does and I’m currently carrying a healthy pregnancy, despite not producing the most or best of eggs, as well as having recurrent uterine polyps... always remembers details about me and my body.
Shady Grove, Norfolk is a clinic I would definitely recommend to others. They have polite front staff, a stellar OR team (seriously, the most amazing people work in the OR), I had a specific nurse assigned to me, and the building itself is clean and professional. I have heard numerous negative stories about the financial team, which is a shame for how expensive IVF is, and when I recently asked them about my insurance referral, they weren’t overly helpful. Back when I had to pay up front, they were slow at providing me the paperwork, which caused unnecessary stress for me and my husband.
I’ve joked to my husband that I’ll never again have as quality of medical care than I have had with Dr. Banks. She’s phenomenal at what she does and I’m currently carrying a healthy pregnancy, despite not producing the most or best of eggs, as well as having recurrent uterine polyps. Dr. Banks fully supported my request to do a modified natural cycle—a request I’ve heard other IVF doctors deny because it requires more monitoring appointments. If you ask her a question, she thoughtfully explains her thought process. Dr. Banks is empathetic, optimistic yet realistic, intelligent, and has a heart of gold. She did the most thorough fertility work up I could imagine. I really cannot imagine a better fertility doctor.
Trust Dr. Banks and her expertise. She’s optimistic, kind, and empathetic, but she’s also going to weigh things carefully and provide her medical opinion. Right before IVF, we had an unassisted pregnancy, which was abnormal. Dr. Banks monitored it and advised us that there was no way it would be viable and she was absolutely right—testing later confirmed multiple chromosomal issues.
Dr. Banks always remembers details about me and my body. I’m so used to seeing doctors and them asking, “So what are you here for today?” With Dr. Banks, she always speaks like we are teammates.
Approximately $30,000

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
My treatment was customized to my personal/professional needs as well as my medical needs. [Dr. Pakrashi] was so considerate of everything else going on in my life and made every effort to work with me. She also was aware of some of our ethical concerns and actively sought to educate me about parts of the process that might be of concern for me, even if she did not share those concerns. She was always warm and kind in our interactions
[my nurse] was SO communicative and responsive. She or someone on the team got back to me within a matter of hours EVERY time...The one weakness at SGF/Jones is the financial team. I had a lot of trouble communicating with them. However, they recently got a new financial lead and it has been much better so far! Overall I love this clinic and have really enjoyed working with them.
How was your experience with Tarita Pakrashi at Shady Grove Fertility Jones Institute?
Dr. Pakrashi was phenomenal. My treatment was customized to my personal/professional needs as well as my medical needs. She was so considerate of everything else going on in my life and made every effort to work with me. She also was aware of some of our ethical concerns and actively sought to educate me about parts of the process that might be of concern for me, even if she did not share those concerns. She was always warm and kind in our interactions. She was intentional about remembering my husband and I and made effort to ask about our lives.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tarita Pakrashi at Shady Grove Fertility Jones Institute?
Go see her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tarita Pakrashi at Shady Grove Fertility Jones Institute?
Dr. Pakrashi was SO understanding about my life and commitments outside of treatment. I am a graduate student with several side-hustles and she was always so aware of that and willing to work with me. She also remembered what factors about how we conceive were most important to us and made sure to prioritize them even if it might not be what was most expedient for her or the best for clinic stats.
Describe the protocols Tarita Pakrashi used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Jones Institute and their degree of success.
I would prefer not to share!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Jones Institute. (Assigned nurse: Hope)
Hope was SO communicative and responsive. She or someone on the team got back to me within a matter of hours EVERY time. Even when I had bleeding on Christmas they got back to me and reassured me almost immediately. Hope and her team go above and beyond, truly.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Jones Institute.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tarita Pakrashi at Shady Grove Fertility Jones Institute.
Prefer not to share!
Describe Tarita Pakrashi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility Jones Institute.
n.a
Norfolk
Dr. Pakrashi is always kind and has excellent bedside manner. She explains options to my husband and I throughly and answers any questions we have...When our treatment didn’t work as expected, she came up with an alternate plan...We used letrozole and a trigger shot with IUI. After trying this for 3 months we were unsuccessful so Dr. Pakrashi recommends that we try an HSG to see if there is any tubal blockage.
The nursing staff [of Shady Grove Fertility] was well organized and kind at each appointment, especially during the IUI procedure...I suggest that you research your options ahead of time and write down any questions you may have...IUI was around $500 including sperm wash...One time the staff forgot to complete scheduling for an appointment that I booked. I called ahead of time to confirm and when the appointment wasn’t there they were quick to get me rescheduled so that I could continue with my cycle.
Dr. Pakrashi is an excellent communicator and has wonderful bedside manner. Even though our treatment plan hasn’t worked for us yet, I’m confident that eventually she will be able to help us conceive.
Write down any questions you have and she will throughly answer them.
Dr. Pakrashi is always kind and has excellent bedside manner. She explains options to my husband and I throughly and answers any questions we have. When our treatment didn’t work as expected, she came up with an alternate plan to investigate why it wasn’t working and then press forward to try to get us pregnant.
The nursing staff was well organized and kind at each appointment, especially during the IUI procedure.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Jones Institute.
I would highly recommend Jones Institute. They work together as a team to try to help you successfully conceive. As a new patient, I suggest that you research your options ahead of time and write down any questions you may have. The doctors are friendly and patient. They are always willing to answer questions and help put you at ease.
IUI was around $500 including sperm wash.

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
I have praised Tarita across the board to everyone I meet. She made my husband and I feel as comfortable as possible during a very uncomfortable time. We aren’t pregnant yet but we really are hopeful and she has made us as hopeful as possible. She has the best bedside manner and I feel like she speaks to me as a person and friend...Listen to her, she is so knowledgeable and will shoot it to your straight
Hope [a nurse] has been a godsend during this process with my many questions and setbacks. She took time just a few days ago to walk us through our medications and a schedule for taking them. We are lucky to have her on our side...Our only complaint is with our insurance costs and what the clinic covers vs what we have to pay.. it has been a little confusing but I don’t believe it is their fault...We are still in the beginning stages so we aren’t 100% sure what to expect but Dr. Pakrashi is on our side and making us feel as comfortable as possible
I have praised Tarita across the board to everyone I meet. She made my husband and I feel as comfortable as possible during a very uncomfortable time. We aren’t pregnant yet but we really are hopeful and she has made us as hopeful as possible. She has the best bedside manner and I feel like she speaks to me as a person and friend. We cannot be in better hands and we are looking forward to starting medications and our first egg retrieval this month. We are still in the beginning stages so we aren’t 100% sure what to expect but Dr. Pakrashi is on our side and making us feel as comfortable as possible.
Listen to her, she is so knowledgeable and will shoot it to your straight. She has your best interest at heart and she really truly wants you to become pregnant. You would be so lucky to have her as your doctor.
She is warm and and has the best bedside manner. We just think so highly of her and the staff. My husband and I are currently in the early stages of our treatment and getting ready to go through our first IVF cycle. We were unsure if this was the route we wanted to take but because of the warm disposition of Dr. Pakrashi, that made our decision final and we are very hopeful for a successful pregnancy
We haven’t dived into our treatments yet but we have been through many preliminary procedures such as an Hysteroscopy with a polyp removal. We start our first cycle for egg retrieval this month and have just received our medications as well.
Hope has been a godsend during this process with my many questions and setbacks. She took time just a few days ago to walk us through our medications and a schedule for taking them. We are lucky to have her on our side.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Jones Institute.
Our only complaint is with our insurance costs and what the clinic covers vs what we have to pay.. it has been a little confusing but I don’t believe it is their fault. That is on our terrible insurance
Expensive but we have insurance that we hope will cover some of the costs but battling with insurance has been the most stressful part thus far: so we expected it to be expensive bud so far have paid an overall $7000 to the clinic and $5,700 for meds
Norfolk

[Dr. Tarita Pakrashi] never treated me like a number. She was also very caring and encouraging. Despite having such a low AMH and male factor infertility she still encouraged us to be able to get pregnant without donor eggs or sperm which is very important to us...She allowed us to try IUI first which was unsuccessful. She also listened to our concerns and kept us informed every step of the way...
Very compassionate and caring team [at Shady Grove Fertility] willing to work with you and help you. Won't turn you away or tell you that it's impossible to have a biological child. Fully explained all options and answers as questions...IUI was about 250 ultrasound about 125 sperm analysis was about 100 IVF 11k IVF meds 3 to 7K TESE 2600...I always received answers to mutt questions and return calls. All my concerns were addressed...
Dr. Pakrashi was also very caring and compassionate. She didn't jump right into IVF or donor eggs or donor sperm. She allowed us to try IUI first which was unsuccessful. She also listened to our concerns and kept us informed every step of the way.
Make sure to advocate for yourself. If something doesn't seem right speak up.
Dr. P never treated me like a number. She was also very caring and encouraging. Despite having such a low AMH and male factor infertility she still encouraged us to be able to get pregnant without donor eggs or sperm which is very important to us.
I was put on letrozole 7.5mg from day day 3 to day 7 as I have DOR. I then had a ultrasound on day 11 where I had 3 follicles and was told to trigger that night. IUI was scheduled for day 13.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Jones Institute.
Very compassionate and caring team willing to work with you and help you. Won't turn you away or tell you that it's impossible to have a biological child. Fully explained all options and answers as questions.
She leaves there decision up to the patient which I love
2022 - 2023, Consult
I have seen Nicole Banks once, she just started when I am forgoing with IVF. She is super knowledgeable, and will help any way she can...she is a great listener...None we are just starting the IVF process with doctor Banks, will be starting in January with treatments...all positive, very welcoming and knowledgeable
[Shady Grove Fertility Jones Institute] Strength is they are knowledgeable, and good to get in for appointments. Weakness is communication skills when needing to talk to the nurse it’s very hard. Since this is our first IVF it is a lot to go over so it would be nice to have everything set up before treatment...They are good but I haven’t talked to my financial advisor yet and when I call I can’t get anyone on the phone
I have seen Nicole Banks once, she just started when I am forgoing with IVF. She is super knowledgeable, and will help any way she can, I was seeing a different doctor was was at shady grove till I recently just started seeing Dr. Banks
That she is a great listener
It was all positive, very welcoming and knowledgeable
They are good but I haven’t talked to my financial advisor yet and when I call I can’t get anyone on the phone, and that is very hard when I am working 40 hours a week
2,500 around about
2021, Successful
Dr. Pakrashi took her time to explain and talk us through every step of the way. We could tell she truly wanted the best outcome for our family...She was with us every step of the way explaining things, answering questions, and being supportive. She was very open to letting us chose our own way and gave us advice for what we chose. She worked hand in hand with our acupuncturist during treatment...
[Shady Grove Fertility Jones Institute] The Norfolk clinic was new when I went, but through their transition and bumps in the road with new staff, billing, etc. they continued to show compassion and work as quickly and effectively as possible...Dr. Pakrashi took her time to explain and talk us through every step of the way. We could tell she truly wanted the best outcome for our family...She was with us every step of the way explaining things, answering questions, and being supportive. She was very open to letting us chose our own way and gave us advice for what we chose...
We had such a great experience working with Dr. Pakrashi. She was so sweet and caring. You could tell she really wanted the best outcome for our family. She was with us every step of the way explaining things, answering questions, and being supportive. She was very open to letting us chose our own way and gave us advice for what we chose. She worked hand in hand with our acupuncturist during treatment.We graduated from the clinic at around 9 weeks with our triplets and she still calls to check in on us! We absolutely adore her!
Absolutely set up and appointment! Really talk to her and ask questions, she’s so knowledgeable!
Dr. Pakrashi left it up to us. I was not ovulating but I was using other natural methods to get my cycle back. Ultimately, with my husband’s military career I decided I wanted to try letrozole. We did one round of letrozole with HCG trigger and my husband was out of town so I ended up opting to use a specimen we had frozen and we scheduled the IUI. The morning of, Dr. Pakrashi called to tell me the amount of sample that was active might be a little on the low side and asked if I wanted to double up. I’m so glad she called and we did decide to use two frozen specimen. I’m not sure exactly what made this process so easy, smooth, and successful for us but just a few weeks later we found out we were expecting triplets. Dr. Pakrashi obviously held a huge role in our success and we are forever thankful!
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Jones Institute.
This is so specific to each family. We were blessed with our insurance and military background to get a lot/almost all of our treatment covered.