Acupuncture is not offered
Providing backup medication is not offered

300 Keisler Dr
Cary, NC 27518

2023, Successful
Dr. Mersereau is amazing...lost my fallopian tubes... endometriosis...always extremely helpful, compassionate, and followed all of our wishes...was very good at explaining all of the details and possibilities every step of the way...transferred 1 embryo because of my age and the likelihood for success and the increased risks
[AT Shady Grove Fertility Carolinas] Every single staff member I worked with was amazing...extremely helpful and communicative...shared risk program...loved all the nurses and staff...literally cried with me when I found out I was pregnant and they were so kind and supportive...extremely dedicated
How was your experience with Jennifer Mersereau at Shady Grove Fertility Carolinas?
Dr. Mersereau is amazing! I unfortunately lost my fallopian tubes to hydrosalpinx and IVF was the only option for my husband and I to conceive. The process was difficult (of course), but I am convinced it was as painless as possible and we were very lucky our first embryo stuck. She was always extremely helpful, compassionate, and followed all of our wishes. Our little one was born just over a week ago and we couldn’t be happier! I also have endometriosis, so I really wanted my embryos genetically tested to try and have a boy so I didn’t pass my problems on to my child (my mom and grandma also have it and I’ve had significant complications). She made sure this happened and we are so lucky to have a perfectly healthy baby boy. Her attention to our wishes such as this one was really important to us and part of why we loved her so much. She also was very good at explaining all of the details and possibilities every step of the way and that is always very important to me as a patient.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Mersereau at Shady Grove Fertility Carolinas?
Make sure you are completely open about your wants, needs, and expectations and don’t be afraid to ask questions or voice your concerns.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Mersereau at Shady Grove Fertility Carolinas?
All of the staff was extremely kind and supportive. I had a lot of questions and concerns (including a subchorionic hematoma after I was pregnant) and they never made me feel bad or like I was overreacting when I brought up anything. I had extra ultrasounds to ease my nerves and they even made sure to get me in same day when I was really worried.
Describe the protocols Jennifer Mersereau used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Carolinas and their degree of success.
I don’t remember the names of all the specific protocols or the doses of my medications, but I do know that Dr. Mersereau was able to get plenty of eggs from my first retrieval, 18 of which fertilized, and after genetic testing we were left with 7 eggs (6 girls and 1 boy). Due to my endometriosis I wanted a boy to avoid passing it down to him and she was able to successfully transfer the male embryo and I now have a happy and healthy miracle baby boy. I trust her recommendations completely as they all resulted in success the first time. I know part of it is luck and even if you do all the right protocols there isn’t 100% success, but I feel confident she chose the best protocols for me and my situation because if she hadn’t we wouldn’t have had success at every step the first time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Carolinas. (Assigned nurse: Wendy)
I absolutely loved all the nurses and staff at SGF! They literally cried with me when I found out I was pregnant and they were so kind and supportive. I can’t imagine having a better, more compassionate care team. They are also extremely dedicated and communicative, even on evenings and weekends when they don’t have to be.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Carolinas.
I’m so glad I chose SGF for this journey. Every single staff member I worked with was amazing and I ended up with exactly what I came in for - a beautiful miracle baby. They were extremely helpful and communicative every step of the way. Don’t be afraid to ask questions, voice concerns, or state your wants/needs during the process because mine were all addressed in a helpful, respectful manner.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Mersereau at Shady Grove Fertility Carolinas.
We went with the program where you get a certain number of transfers and if you aren’t successful you get your money back. I believe it was called the shared risk program. This didn’t include medication, but did include most other costs. All in all we spent about $40,000.
Describe Jennifer Mersereau's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility Carolinas.
We transferred 1 embryo because of my age and the likelihood for success and the increased risks for me specifically if I were to have multiples. It was the best choice for us.
Jennifer Mersereau

2023, Successful
Dr. Bressler still went above and beyond to call me directly with updated treatment plans, test results...was able to schedule an appointment with her directly whenever I had specific questions...is incredibly knowledgable, and also kind and caring...was both emotionally and medically supportive...news that I was pregnant, she cried tears of joy right along with us.
staff at Shady Grove are all incredibly personable, friendly, and supportive...have smiling faces cheering you on along the way, from the front desk staff, nurses, and PA...All of the nursing staff and the PA I saw throughout my visits were very friendly, knowledgeable, and supportive
How was your experience with Leah Bressler at Shady Grove Fertility Carolinas?
This was my first experience at a fertility clinic and I wasn't sure what to expect. I have heard from others that with most fertility clinics, you won't get to see or speak to the doctor very often and that you primarily communicate with nurses. While I did communicate with the nurse frequently, Dr. Bressler still went above and beyond to call me directly with updated treatment plans, test results, and I was able to schedule an appointment with her directly whenever I had specific questions. She is incredibly knowledgable, and also kind and caring. Throughout all of the difficult news I received during my treatment, she was both emotionally and medically supportive, and when we received the news that I was pregnant, she cried tears of joy right along with us.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Leah Bressler at Shady Grove Fertility Carolinas?
Can't think of anything specific.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Leah Bressler at Shady Grove Fertility Carolinas?
Dr. Bressler is kind and compassionate. She always ensured that all of my questions were answered and it is clear that she genuinely cares about her patients and is rooting for the best outcome right alongside us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Carolinas.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Carolinas.
The staff at Shady Grove are all incredibly personable, friendly, and supportive. When you are going through such emotionally difficult treatments, it helps to have smiling faces cheering you on along the way, from the front desk staff, nurses, and PA, to the doctors. Overall, my experience at this clinic was great and I would highly recommend them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Leah Bressler at Shady Grove Fertility Carolinas.
I am fortunate enough to have fertility coverage through my employer.
Leah Bressler

2023, Unknown Success
IUI With Other Docs
Dr. M [Mersereau] is a great listener and clearly explains the different options and what reasonable expectations, as well as pros and cons are, for each one. I asked a million questions and she answered each one thoroughly and I never felt rushed. She is genuinely invested in your success and wants to help. Her expertise is unmatched and I appreciate that she explains the data and reasoning behind what she does so I can better understand...
All of the nurses and staff at Shady Grove are wonderful! They greet you warmly and ensure that you are cared for and comfortable throughout the process. They check in often in between visits and clearly remind me about the next steps as we approach them. They are also quick to call if I ever want to discuss something...Its a cozy and welcoming space with kind, compassionate people that work there. It was scary for me to start fertility treatments, and the entire team made me feel well taken care of and optimistic about our future...
Dr. M is a great listener and clearly explains the different options and what reasonable expectations, as well as pros and cons are, for each one. I asked a million questions and she answered each one thoroughly and I never felt rushed. She is genuinely invested in your success and wants to help. Her expertise is unmatched and I appreciate that she explains the data and reasoning behind what she does so I can better understand.
Don't be afraid to ask questions! She will explain a lot, but there are no stupid questions - if you are wondering about something, let her know.
Dr. M is so kind and nurturing. She understood how fragile and exhausted I was with it all when I stepped into her office, and she made me feel welcome and comfortable as I shared our story. She is genuinely interested and listens to how hard the path has been. In addition, she clearly explained the steps we can take together, as well as what we could expect from them.
We have experienced 5 miscarriages (2 prior to my son and 3 since his birth). Due to my age and recurrent pregnancy loss, we have undergone a ton of testing to try to figure out what is causing this. We started with blood tests to rule out any clotting diseases, immune responses, and unbalances, and to check my ovarian reserve. Those all came back normal so we then did a saline ultrasound to check my anatomy. That looked normal as well. We did an endometrial biopsy at that time and that came back positive for Chronic Endometritis which I was promptly treated for. We also did a semen specimen to check for male factors. We are now planning to move forward with an IUI as my chronic endometritis has been healed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Carolinas. (Assigned nurse: Ellie)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Carolinas.
The clinic is wonderful. Its a cozy and welcoming space with kind, compassionate people that work there. It was scary for me to start fertility treatments, and the entire team made me feel well taken care of and optimistic about our future.
Not applicable.