Abington
Wexford, PA 15090
York
2200 South George St
York, PA 17403

Dr. Sasson was compassionate and understood what I had been through previously. He allowed me to speak and let my feelings be understood before moving forward.... He made everything seamless for a donor egg cycle after 5 long years of IVF troubles - even coordinating most of the monitoring for me in New York...he is organized and knows what he is doing...He is the first doctor who actually really delved into and reviewed my entire very long medical record before I got to the appt with him
The clinic [Shady Grove Fertility] was organized throughout the process and handled any request/communication timely and with professionalism. I would highly recommend. A new patient should feel confident putting care in their hands. At the time, their donor egg website was transitioned to a new format and had a few hiccups, but staff helped throughout. The clinic also had helpful online presentations on various topics to review.
How was your experience with Isaac Sasson at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
Dr. Sasson was incredibly warm and caring during the whole process. He made everything seamless for a donor egg cycle after 5 long years of IVF troubles - even coordinating most of the monitoring for me in New York. I wouldn’t be holding my son now without him! I am forever grateful and highly recommend him - both for his expertise and gentle manner in dealing with his patients.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Isaac Sasson at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
He is very impressive. I had been too various fertility specialists, but finally with Dr. Sasson I felt that he was prepared, listened to me, and had a game plan with very specific details as to what I could expect. He is the first doctor who actually really delved into and reviewed my entire very long medical record before I got to the appt with him - previously, I felt each doctor did not bother to (even after all my work of gathering it). The uncertainty of dealing with infertility is a lot of the frustration - he and his staff take that away. Don't be afraid because he is organized and knows what he is doing. I say that with confidence as I was relatively calm having a donor cycle done in PA while I was being seen in NY; he inspires confidence.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Isaac Sasson at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
Describe the protocols Isaac Sasson used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania and their degree of success.
I had a donor egg cycle split with another couple. I used the long Lupron cycle. I had very poor egg quality in prior attempts using my own eggs so this was the best approach. The Lupron cycle was fine for me, and I also was watched carefully as I had previously ovulated prematurely before an egg retrieval. He synced up everyone's cycles to have a transfer when expected.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Abbie Chapin)
The nursing staff was wonderful. From initial assessment for the egg donor program through conception and birth, all of the nurses and staff were excited for me and showed compassion beyond what I had experienced elsewhere. Their warmth was a breath of fresh air.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
The clinic was organized throughout the process and handled any request/communication timely and with professionalism. I would highly recommend. A new patient should feel confident putting care in their hands. At the time, their donor egg website was transitioned to a new format and had a few hiccups, but staff helped throughout. The clinic also had helpful online presentations on various topics to review.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
I was monitored in NY while my egg donor had her appointments in Chestbrook. I was always abreast of her status and I felt completely involved. My paperwork for appointments for myself in NY were handled well as well.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Isaac Sasson at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
The costs were reasonable in comparison to NY IVF clinic prices. i utilized the shared donor egg program and my insurance, which covered a good portion of costs exclusive of the donor eggs themselves. The staff were very helpful in assessing options for me.
Chesterbrook

Dr. Martin and his nursing staff are truly the best thing that I could have by my side during this process. He was always very calm, patient and explain things in times that I could understand. He never rushed our visit and always gave me the chance to ask questions.... For my first egg retrieval Dr. Martin placed me on an antagonist protocol. The reason we needed to seek IVF help was my husband suffers from male factor in fertility. Otherwise I have three healthy children from my previous marriage and no history of any issues conceiving.
Everybody that I encountered in regards to nurses and doctors [Shady Grover Fertility] were amazing. My only concern is the financial stand. It is hard to get them on the phone, they do not follow through with responses quickly and you have to make sure that you are on top of your benefits if using insurance or no exactly what you’re paying for so you can catch errors and get them correct The clinic has an amazing clinical staff.
How was your experience with Ryan Martin at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
As I have said in previous chances, Dr. Martin MD as a clinician is far more than I could ever expect from my doctor. I wish more doctors were like him. Whenever he saw that I was getting down in the process he will try to make sure to get me to laugh or smile and remind me that keeping a positive mindset is a big part of the process. He seem to always be involved in my care even after I was realeased from the clinic after my pregnancy. From the very first consultation when I met him and he sat down and drew a diagram out of what my care plan would look like to make sure that I understood everything that was going to happen to me I had a great feeling about him. Even after my husband’s job has relocate from Pennsylvania to New York three hours away I went to consultations with other doctors and did not find anyone that I felt transferring my care too and now decide to drive three hours each way to see him because I believe that much in him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ryan Martin at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
Do not be afraid to ask questions. He will answer every question and to him none are stupid questions. Give him the chance to allow you to feel comfortable
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ryan Martin at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
Dr. Martin and his nursing staff are truly the best thing that I could have by my side during this process. He was always very calm, patient and explain things in times that I could understand. He never rushed our visit and always gave me the chance to ask questions. When my second embryo transfer resulted in a missed miscarriage Dr. Martin’s office staff reach out to me throughout the entire process And I was also shocked that he personally called me at least three times just to check on how I was doing mentally as well as physically. It was the most comforting feeling ever to know that I was not alone from a clinical perspective and even as human beings.
Describe the protocols Ryan Martin used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania and their degree of success.
For my first egg retrieval Dr. Martin placed me on an antagonist protocol. The reason we needed to seek IVF help was my husband suffers from male factor in fertility. Otherwise I have three healthy children from my previous marriage and no history of any issues conceiving. He explained to me that we would have to use IVF with ICSI because my current husband‘s sperm had to be surgically retrieved . During my first egg retrieval we used an hCG trigger however it caused me to overstimulate so now in my second egg retrieval cycle we are using lupron instead. After our miscarriage when we weren’t sure if we should proceed with IVF Dr. Martin explained that he felt we still had a chance because my body has proven that knows what to do in regard to my uterus, we just need a good embryo to implant. He said he felt as though the sperm was not a huge issue because we were able to get 3 embryos to blastocyst stage and highly recommended that this next cycle we utilize PGS testing to give ourselves the best cancelled of implanting a good embryo.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Debbie Dancer)
Dr. Martin’s nurse Debbie, is like a ray of sunshine. She was always feed it to hold my hand, get me through the hard times and explain things to me. They were times that she would be off for the day but would still make sure to call me with my results because she wanted to be the one to provide them to me. You can tell that she has a genuine caring and compassionate spirit for her patients and it shows in everything that she does.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
The clinic has an amazing clinicals. Everybody that I encountered in regards to nurses and doctors were amazing. My only concern is the financial stand. It is hard to get them on the phone, they do not follow through with responses quickly and you have to make sure that you are on top of your benefits if using insurance or no exactly what you’re paying for so you can catch errors and get them correct The clinic has an amazing clinical staff. Everybody I encountered in regards to nurses and doctors were amazing. My only concern is the financial stand. It is hard to get them on the phone, through with responses quickly and you have to make sure that you are on top of your benefits if using insurance or know exactly what you’re paying for so you can catch errands and get them corrected. Do not be afraid to make a little noise to get the response that you need from the billing and financial department. Dealing with them is a pain but more than worth it to have the clinical staff on my side.
When I lived in Pennsylvania morning monitoring appointments when that hard for me. Once I move to New York however monitoring between 7 and 9 AM was a little more difficult to get to considering I was driving three hours each way to get the air. One time I arrived after 10 AM but I was able to drive to the Chesterbrook facility and still see my doctor as he was there that afternoon. They understood my trip and we’re more than willing to help accommodate.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ryan Martin at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
I don’t recall as my insurance covered everything except genetic testing. PGS testing is $3400
Describe Ryan Martin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
For my first transfer we only transfer the one embryo. My second transfer was two embryos because we only had to laugh and Dr. Martin MD is open to discussing this with me. I told him that my insurance only allows us three chances and I would rather him play at two and still have one more chance laughed to go through another egg retrieval. He helped me weigh all the options and was open to my feelings and agreed to transfer two embryos in the second transfer. I love that we came to that decision together
Ryan Martin
Chesterbrook

Shady Grove is very well organized but overpriced for their success rates. Their facilities are beautiful but that hasn't transferred to their success rates yet as rates are correlated by embryologist experience/skill.... There were a few mistakes: calling in prescription refills was forgotten they made the mistake of trying to schedule me for an IUI when we were only doing timed intercourse.... Tori is wonderful and extremely organized
How was your experience with Caleb Kallen at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
Dr. Kallen does not have good communication skills and struggles giving individualized protocols and recommendations (especially for DOR). He does not stay up to date on infertility research and studies. As his background is in Academia, he likes to lecture about topics he feels comfortable with. If you ask questions (especially about IVF) he does not respond to them directly. It took him two weeks to answer very standard questions about the quality of the lab and even then his answers were very vague (I had been a patiend of his for 4 months at this point). During my time being treated by him, I felt I was just a number. At one point during a medicated cycle, he recommended I trigger 4 days earlier than I had in the previous cycle (the follicle sizes were the same as the previous cycle) which would mean I would only trigger with one mature follicle. I challenged his recommendation and triggered a few days later to give the other three follicles a chance to mature (that cycle resulted in pregnancy). When I asked why he had decided on the random date for the trigger, he did not have a good reason and told me it's ok to trigger later. It seems like he just didn't care when I triggered. After speaking with other women and seeing other doctors, I now know that my treatment by Dr. Kallenn was subpar.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Caleb Kallen at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
I do not recommend this doctor
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Caleb Kallen at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
His background is in academia, so I think he prefers to lecture rather than listen or explain. He seems to have the same presentation and talking points for every patient. He is very rigid in his thinking and does not stay up to date with all of the new IVF and infertility research.
Describe the protocols Caleb Kallen used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania and their degree of success.
We did 3 medicated cycles with clomid and Gonal F with timed intercourse. We had wanted to do IVF right away but we had a bad experience w/ Dr. Kallen, so we moved fertility clinics.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Victoria Bennis)
Tori is wonderful and extremely organized. I loved working with her.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Caleb Kallen at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
My insurance covered most but I needed to meet my deductible. I've spent about 3k on testing, 3 medicated cycles monitorring and the medications
Describe Caleb Kallen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
If PGS testing, Dr. Kallen recommends just one embryo transferred.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
Caleb Kallen
Chesterbrook

Dr. Sasson went above and beyond to keep us educated about the process. His communication was excellent. (He even called to discuss treatment with me when my body wasn’t responding to certain medications to explain the next steps.) I was confident in his treatment decisions and felt that I was in safe hands. He explained everything from start to finish. I never left an appointment feeling unsure what the next step would be.
Strength: the staff [Shady Grove Fertility]. Nina, who is at the front desk, makes the world go round. Her positive attitude and smile meant the world to me during my daily morning appointments. Weaknesses: None! We have been so happy with the care we have received. I guess I would say the cost since our insurance isn’t covering it.... [Cost Of Treatment] Shared risk program. ~26k. Covers six rounds (not including meds or certain things) but if all round fail, receive refund of money. Cost included PGS testing.
Trust the process!
From the moment we met Dr. Sasson, we knew he was our guy. He explained all of the medical procedures in a way where we were able to understand them. He reviewed the risks and benefits without making anything seem too easy or too hard. He was straight to the point, but not in an overly blunt way. He drew graphs for us and provided a lot of take home information. He made us feel confident in the decisions we made with him.
I have PCOS and have quite a few follicles. We started with IUIs. First round- 100mg clomid followed by Gonal F shot and ovidrel trigger. Negative Second Round- 100mg clomid, 150 mg clomid, letrazole with injections. My body wasn’t responding well to the meds. (Too many follicles! They were just eating up the meds with no response!) Negative. Third Round- Clomid and Gonal ans Ovidrel. Negative. IVF embryo retrieval: Gonal F and Menopur. Cetrotide added. Lupron trigger. (Haven’t done transfer yet.)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Nikki )
Nikki has been wonderful. She is easy to get in touch with and always follows through with what she says she is going to do. She also is extremely compassionate and handled every difficult phone call with grace. She is lovely!!!
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
Strength: the staff. Nina, who is at the front desk, makes the world go round. Her positive attitude and smile meant the world to me during my daily morning appointments. Weaknesses: None! We have been so happy with the care we have received. I guess I would say the cost since our insurance isn’t covering it.
Describe Isaac Sasson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
Dr Sasson recommended one embryo transfer based on my age and situation.
Chesterbrook

Dr. Sasson suggested that I go through the recurrent miscarriage bloodwork so that we could identify why I had now miscarried two PGS tested normal embryos in a row. He also suggested that I schedule a surgery at a local hospital so that we could do a full hysteroscopy and make sure there weren't any other lingering issues with my uterus that might be causing the problem...I went through with the ERA (Endometrial receptivity test) in order to gage if there was an issue with the timing of my transfers. The ERA showed that I was considered "pre-receptive" and Dr. Sasson then adjusted the timing of my next transfer accordingly.
It's hard to put into words the relationship that I developed with Lisa Russell and the entire nursing staff at Shady Grove Chesterbrook...Lisa is first and foremost an excellent nurse who understands the complications of infertility. She was an excellent communicator. It was very rare that I did not hear directly from her if important news had to be shared. On the off chance that another nurse called me and not Lisa, they were always extremely kind and warm in her absence. I felt as though I could call or email Lisa every day and I never felt like I was bothering her. When we suffered devastating miscarriages, she was an emotional support and a friend; yet, she also helped us to understand what was going on.
As I shared previously, I came to Dr. Sasson after many years of poor experiences with Doctors due to severe pelvic pain and pelvic floor issues. I had pretty much given up hope even after spending several years in pelvic floor PT. I had tried to reach out to another fertility clinic prior to Shady Grove, and felt immediately like they couldn't be sensitive to my health issues. However, that was not the case with Dr. Sasson. From the first moment we met him, he listened to us and treated us like individuals. He was very careful and sensitive about making sure I felt comfortable at all times. When we experienced devastating setbacks (miscarriages) he grieved with us but didn't let us give up hope. He helped us come up with a plan to diagnose what was going wrong and helped us execute that plan with positive support and empathy. I am now 15 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby and things are going well. It was hard to leave Dr. Sasson as he took such good care of us. He's a loving, kind and wonderful Doctor.
Trust him fully. At the end of the day, we know our own bodies and we need to be our own advocates but we are not the Doctor. When and if setbacks occur, trust that he is going to help you figure out where you go from here. When a plan is given, have the courage to follow it to completion. It's the only reason why we are now expecting our son.
I came to Dr. Sasson ready to give up on giving birth to a child. We were already going through an adoption home study. I have been struggling with severe pelvic floor problems for many years now and was encouraged to go see Dr. Sasson by a pelvis floor physical therapist. Dr. Sasson treated me like an individual and treated my pain with care, sensitivity and kindness. I was used to feeling scared and ashamed at the doctor but I never felt that way under his care. Our IVF cycles had a few setbacks. My first transfer had to be cancelled a week prior as I ovulated through the medication. I then suffered two miscarriages within a 5 months window. I was devastated and depressed. Dr. Sasson helped us to come up with a plan and to execute that plan to get to the bottom of what was wrong. He cried with us and showed great empathy and warmth over our losses but he never let us lose hope. I chose to follow his advice and I underwent both surgery at the local hospital to potentially correct some pelvic issues and then underwent the ERA procedure to help with the transfer. After several months, we tried again. I am now 15 weeks pregnant and everything is going well. When we left Shady Grove, Dr. Sasson thanked us profusely for trusting him and we all felt very emotional.
As a patient with severe pelvic floor problems, I really was not a good candidate for IUI so we went immediately to IVF. We learned quickly that although I had a normal follicle count on my ultrasounds, my follicles did not respond as well to the stimulation drugs. My first cycle, we only retrieved 5 eggs. A dominant follicle had sucked up a lot of the medication on the one side. Out of those 5 eggs, we wound up with 1 normal PGS tested embryo. The transfer was canceled one week prior to the procedure because we found that I ovulated through the delestrogen. I was then put on a different protocol for the next month wherein I had to take Lupron injections first to avoid the ovulation again. This was difficult but we fought through it. The transfer was successful and I became pregnant. We had a healthy heartbeat at 6 and 7 weeks; however, I then started to bleed and we sadly lost the baby shortly thereafter. At the Doctor's suggestion, I went through with a D&C procedure to ensure I would not get an infection. We went through our second egg retrieval a few months later after I healed from the miscarriage. This time, Dr. Sasson chose to start me on an estrogen patch to help prevent a dominant follicle like the time before. He also increased my dosages on the medication in the hope that we could get a few more quality eggs this time. This protocol worked and I had 9 more mature eggs retrieved at the retrieval surgery. Of those 9 mature eggs, 7 of them made it to 5 day blasts. Of those 7, 3 of them tested normal through PGS. We transferred the first of those embroyos (from the second batch) following the same transfer protocol as my first pregnancy. (Lupron injections to prevent ovulation.) Then we started on the del estrogen and the progesterone injections. Unfortunately, this pregnancy also resulted in a very early miscarriage (a chemical) after a positive pregnancy test at home. At this point, Dr. Sasson suggested that I go through the recurrent miscarriage bloodwork so that we could identify why I had now miscarried two PGS tested normal embryos in a row. He also suggested that I schedule a surgery at a local hospital so that we could do a full hysteroscopy and make sure there weren't any other lingering issues with my uterus that might be causing the problem. I went through with this procedure and we learned that, despite my years of pelvic pain, there did not appear to be anything in my uterus that was causing the miscarriages. The endo that was causing my pelvic pain was very deep in my pelvis, likely not a candidate to be ablated and not something that they should likely try to touch. Additionally, at Sasson's suggestion, I went through with the ERA (Endometrial receptivity test) in order to gage if there was an issue with the timing of my transfers. The ERA showed that I was considered "pre-receptive" and Dr. Sasson then adjusted the timing of my next transfer accordingly. Finally, my miscarriage panel bloodworked showed that I tested positive for one of the antibody clotting disorders and I was put in a daily baby aspirin to try and treat it. The panel also showed that I had elevated prolactin that might be contributing to my problems and I was put on Dostinex to attempt to treat this as well prior to transfer. My 3rd transfer (2nd embryo from the second retrieval) occurred after the results of my ERA and after I started the aspirin and Dostinex protocol. I did a lowered Lupron protocol this time to prevent ovulation and then started on my delestrogen injections per usual. We then adjusted the timing of my progesterone injections to match the results of the ERA. This transfer was a success and resulted in a healthy pregnancy. I was released from Shady Grove's care after 10 weeks and I am now under the care of a high risk OB that came highly recommended. I am now 15 weeks pregnant and all is going well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Lisa Russell )
It's hard to put into words the relationship that I developed with Lisa Russell and the entire nursing staff at Shady Grove Chesterbrook. They became close friends and family and, even now, though we are so thrilled to be expecting a baby, I miss seeing him on a regular basis terribly. Lisa is first and foremost an excellent nurse who understands the complications of infertility. She was an excellent communicator. It was very rare that I did not hear directly from her if important news had to be shared. On the off chance that another nurse called me and not Lisa, they were always extremely kind and warm in her absence. I felt as though I could call or email Lisa every day and I never felt like I was bothering her. When we suffered devastating miscarriages, she was an emotional support and a friend; yet, she also helped us to understand what was going on. When I asked her for an honest opinion, she gave it to me. I always knew what we were doing, where we were going and what the goal was. She celebrated our triumphs and empathized with our tears. On the days when I was scheduled for a procedure, Lisa would always pop back to check on me. In addition to Lisa, there were other extremely caring and loving staff at Shady Grove that always showed us compassion and kindness. Even a simply blood draw was handled with the utmost care and a smile. The nurses and staff that are responsible for the surgical procedures (Rosemary, Erica, Mallory, Jaime etc) are also excellent in every way possible. I still never forget breaking down in tears on the surgical table before I had to undergo a D&C procedure and the nurses gathering around, telling me it was OK to cry and offering me love and support on this most difficult day. The Shady Grove Chesterbrook nursing staff is second to none.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
One of the first things you will notice when you step inside is that the front desk staff is kind and compassionate. This is extremely important to me as I believe approachability begins the minute you walk through the door. The nursing and medical staff is empathetic and wonderful from the person who draws your blood to the people who perform your procedures.
We were lucky to be part of the shared risk program for IVF. At the time, I believe the cost for the shared risk portion of the treatment (not including medications or PGS testing) was $21,000. However, if we were going through this treatment now, the cost would be even lower as Shady Grove recently lowered their rates for shared risk.
I believe that had I asked to transfer 2 embryos, Dr. Sasson would have respected my wishes; however, this was not something that I considered doing.
Chesterbrook

Dr. Sasson is very personable, knowledgeable & honest. He personally called to give updates on our embryos as well as emailed us when we received our PGS results (which was 3 days before Christmas) He also took the time to call us the following day (the Sat. before Christmas) to discuss PGS results & when we would proceed with our FET. We can’t thank him enough for everything he did for us on our journey to become parents.
All of the staff at Shady Grove Chesterbrook office were amazing & friendly! They have early morning hours which worked great for us since we had an almost hour long commute each direction. I would definitely recommend going to one of their many open houses that they offer throughout the year if you are thinking about seeing them for treatment, you will be offered a free consultation with one of their providers.
Trust in him completely.
Dr. Sasson spent over 1.5 hours face to face with me reviewing all of my past cycles & results from 2 previous fertility doctors. He took the time to explain my previous cycles & numbers with me which none of my other doctors had done in the past. He also gave his opinion on what he would have done different with my past cycles.
Our first retrieval with Dr. Sasson was actually our 6th retrieval. He decided to do a Lupron stop protocol (which I had never done before) during my stim period I was injecting FSH 325 in the AM & Menopur 325 in the PM. I stimmed for 12 days & had retrieval on day 14. We got 11 eggs, 9 were mature, 7 fertilized & we ended up with 5 day 5 blastocysts & 1 day 6 blastocyst. This was double the amount of blastocysts we had gotten from any of our previous cycles. We did PGS & ended up with 4 PGS normal embryos!!! We were beyond excited with our results at Shady Grove with Dr. Sasson!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Erica & Chrissie)
Erica & Chrissie are compassionate, prompt with communication & very knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
We were lucky enough to have some insurance coverage so we spent about $1800 for our FET since our deductible just renewed. PGS cost $3400 & our meds cost roughly $6000 for the whole cycle.
Dr. Sasson recommended that we transfer one embryo for best results & we got a positive pregnancy test 6 days after our FET!
Chesterbrook

At our first appointment I thought that Dr. Kallen pushed doing IVF a little too hard, but once I explained I wasn't ready for that he was immediately okay with trying another IUI. He explained the process he wanted to try and what results he expected. When things didn't work out as planned, he reassured me that things could still work out, and if they didn't, we could change our course for the next cycle without moving onto IVF right away. He was personable and honest and I appreciated the fact that he did all of my ultrasounds and the actual IUI.
After almost every appointment [at Shady Grove of PA] I had a sit down with the nurse assigned to me and she explained exactly what I was to do. She showed me how to inject the meds and then emailed me several videos to help. She called with my blood tests and explained what they meant and all the next steps.... This is a very nice clinic! It's huge, and the exam rooms are large and have a large TV screen where you can comfortably lay back and watch the ultrasound happening. Sometimes in the morning there is a little bit of a wait
Tell him what you're comfortable doing. Be honest.
We started with a sit down appointment with Dr. Kallen, he spent over an hour talking about our options and what would be best for us. Every time I walk in the clinic I see Dr. Kallen and a nurse. They always explain what they're doing and what the next steps are.
My first cycle with Dr. Kallen for my IUI I took Clomid 100mg CD 3-7 and a 75mg follistim injection on CD 7. I started estrace vaginally twice a day on CD 8 because my last cycle with Clomid it thinned my lining and the follistim and estrace were to make sure my lining was where it needed to be. I ended up having only one follicle but it was a big one. I used ovidrel and 2 days later had my IUI. I'm still in the TWW.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Christine)
After almost every appointment I had a sit down with the nurse assigned to me and she explained exactly what I was to do. She showed me how to inject the meds and then emailed me several videos to help. She called with my blood tests and explained what they meant and all the next steps.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
This is a very nice clinic! It's huge, and the exam rooms are large and have a large TV screen where you can comfortably lay back and watch the ultrasound happening. Sometimes in the morning there is a little bit of a wait.
I have a $70 copay every time I walk in the door except for bloodwork. I'm unsure of the actual cost of the IUI because I haven't been billed for it yet. They provided my follistim injection for free as long as I used their pharmacy for the ovidrel.
Caleb Kallen
Chesterbrook
Dr. Sasson goes the extra mile. He makes sure that we feel comfortable and ready for the next steps. He coordinates our daily lives with our treatments and adjusts everything to make it work for us. He's kind, patient and overall WONDERFUL!! I wouldn't have want to go through all of this with anyone else. He's been there for us every single step of the way and I wouldn't change anything!!
Erica was our first assigned nurse [at Shady Grove of PA]. She took care of us during our first IUI's and was wonderful. She made sure to call every time to check on us, including during the 2 weeks period of wait between IUI and pregnancy test. She then moved to being an IVF nurse and we were assigned Nikki to continue working with us. Nikki has been beyond wonderful as well. She taken care of absolutely everything, she's taken the time to call, email and make sure that we understand the process that we are going through. They have both been BEYOND AMAZING!!
You'll be in the BEST hands!
Dr. Sasson goes above and beyond and makes my husband and I feel like his only patients. We know that he's busy and he still makes the time to call us and give us updates on our treatment.
We started with clomid and IUI's, when that didn't give the results we were expecting, Dr. Sasson called us for a meeting in the office and explained that we had many things to try before taking a step towards IVF, since we were nervous about that. We then started letrozole and more IUI's, every single failed IUI that we had, Dr. Sasson would take the time to call and let us know the results and make sure that we were ok. When the third or fourth IUI with letrozole didn't work, we sat in his office and he explained how IVF works and told us our plan of treatment. He was very through and explained in a manner that made us feel comfortable and sure that we understood every step of the way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Erica and Nikki)
Erica was our first assigned nurse. She took care of us during our first IUI's and was wonderful. She made sure to call every time to check on us, including during the 2 weeks period of wait between IUI and pregnancy test. She then moved to being an IVF nurse and we were assigned Nikki to continue working with us. Nikki has been beyond wonderful as well. She taken care of absolutely everything, she's taken the time to call, email and make sure that we understand the process that we are going through. They have both been BEYOND AMAZING!!
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
I loved the clinic. When we first entered Shady Grove in Chesterbrook we loved everything about it. The fact that we felt we were in a private area, lots of trees, very quiet place... we felt very comfortable and were greeted by Nina the receptionist so warmly that it really made a huge difference in our progress.
Treatment is very expensive but that's what we expected when we first walked in. Dr. Sasson explained to us and assigned us to a financial counselor who in depth explained the cost of every single treatment we were going through at each time and also explained what was covered or not under our insurance.
I think Dr. Sasson is very conservative and I really appreciate that because he gives us the re-assurance that we need. He is able to assure us that nothing bad will happen to us and I feel safe with his recommendations and opinions.

2014 - 2017, Successful
I truly would recommend Dr Sasson to my best friends and family. I always felt like he cared, he made sure I understood every step of the process, plus- everything was successful while in his care! He wasn’t at every single appointment or procedure, but only due to scheduling and I was still in good care with the other doctors.... He understood that it helped me emotionally to mentally understand the process and details so he really took the time to educate me along with treating me.
Shady Grove offers a “shared risk” program to pay one fee that covered I think up to 6 IVF cycles and unlimited embryo transfers. Then if it didn’t work or at any point I wanted to back out, I could and get my money back. I believe the fee was $26k. Then the frozen transfer for my second pregnancy was about $4,600... One inconvenient thing is that consultative appointments are midday, but at the same time, they do this to save early morning appointments for patients needing day to day testing, etc. That part was very helpful- when going through the egg retrieval part specifically, there are so many check ups, and it helped to stop on my way to work without being late for my normal day.
Make your appointment as soon as you can. I can not recommend him enough.
I loved working with Dr Sasson. He understood that it helped me emotionally to mentally understand the process and details so he really took the time to educate me along with treating me.
Since no test my husband and I took was definitive, we never had a specific issue to treat. That said, getting pregnant on our own still wasn’t working. Dr Sasson recommended starting with IUI, but only doing 1-3 tries because it wouldn’t increase our odds much over doing it on our own. When the first IUI didn’t work, we moved straight to IVF. My ovary stimulation was so successful (I ended up with 21 mature eggs) that my hormone levels weren’t good for a fresh transfer. I ended up having to wait longer for my frozen transfer, but we transferred one embryo (of 17 that survived to day 5 and froze successfully) and it took! I had a daughter from that one transfer. When we were for a second, I went back to Dr Sasson and made a plan to prepare for another embryo transfer. We transferred only one embryo again, and it stuck again. I’m now due with #2 next week! (I do not remember the names of the drugs or dosage I took)
I always felt welcome and cared for at Shady Grove. Whether my primary nurse/coordinator was there for a particular appointment or not, I always felt like the nurse I saw knew my situation and what I needed. Plus, everyone was so friendly and sensitive there.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
I’ve always had a positive experience at Shady Grove. One inconvenient thing is that consultative appointments are midday, but at the same time, they do this to save early morning appointments for patients needing day to day testing, etc. That part was very helpful- when going through the egg retrieval part specifically, there are so many check ups, and it helped to stop on my way to work without being late for my normal day.
My doctor explained clearly that given my specific situation/age/etc, the likelihood that I became pregnant with one embryo was about the same as if two embryos were transferred- only then I’d be pregnant with twins! I was confident in his recommendation to transfer one embryo at a time.
2015, Successful
While information was always factual, Dr. Munabi had a wonderful bedside manner. He also strongly encouraged us to try with our own eggs/sperm and never pushed using a donor....Dr. Munabi was gentle, but very candid in what we could expect. We paid for a multi cycle discount, and due to my diagnosis, he argued with the clinic to allow us to cycle a second time before transferring (despite our contract not allowing this.)...Know in advance that he a very thick accent!
Shady Grove’s lab and embryologists are incredible. I always received detailed information and daily updates. I think Shady Grove does an adequate job with difficult cases. Their success rates with diminished ovarian reserve are fairly low....Morgan and Melanie were the two nurses primarily managing my care. Morgan was gentle and kind when sharing information. Melanie was kind and very factual. They were an excellent team....$21,000 for two IVF cycles... $3000 for PGS testing
How was your experience with Abraham Munabi (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Abraham Munabi (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
Know in advance that he a very thick accent! The nurses are great at reiterating what he says—but don’t be afraid to ask him to repeat himself!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Abraham Munabi (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
Describe the protocols Abraham Munabi (retired) used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania and their degree of success.
Cycle 1: Antagonist Protocal. 450iu of Gonal F, 225iu Menopur, Ganirelix. 5 retrieved, 3 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 embryos, 1 PGS normal, 1 live birth. Cycle 2: Lupron Stop Protocol. 3 weeks Lupron, Gonal F 450iu, Menopur 150iu. 7 retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilized, 2 embryos, 1 PGS normal. Currently frozen.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Morgan )
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
Shady Grove’s lab and embryologists are incredible. I always received detailed information and daily updates. I think Shady Grove does an adequate job with difficult cases. Their success rates with diminished ovarian reserve are fairly low. That being said, I was a difficult case and had straightforward success through their Reading and Chesterbrook offices.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Abraham Munabi (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
$21,000 for two IVF cycles. $7500 for medication (purchased from Israel, would have been $13,000 domestically) $3000 for PGS testing
Describe Abraham Munabi (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
I was inclined to transfer both embryos. My doctor recommended a single FET because the embryos were PGS tested.
Abraham Munabi (retired)

2022, Successful
SGF offered a multi cycle discount program, was not offered at my other clinics...The staff is very nice and available. Scheduling was easy. Patient portal is useful and kept me really informed. I didn’t wait long for my appointments. I would recommend this clinic over the other two I was at, at SGF I felt like a patient, not a number...[nurse] Debbie was great, responded to everything so fast. Debbie took time to explain everything and really came through for me when a scheduling conflict came up. She went above and beyond.
How was your experience with Brianna Schumacher at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
I transferred to Dr. Schumacher after a year+ with another doctor from another practice. Best move ever. Dr. Schumacher was absolutely wonderful from day 1. She explained everything so well and answered all questions. She was so involved in my care and instead of just following a routine, kept switching and improving treatment based on results. She was so involved, would do ultrasounds and tries to perform all her patient procedures, despite there being a schedule for doctors rotating. Would highly recommend Dr. Schumacher, I have my baby girl because of her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brianna Schumacher at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
Go to her! She is a great provider
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brianna Schumacher at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Debbie)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brianna Schumacher at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
SGF offered a multi cycle discount program, was not offered at my other clinics. SGF was more affordable
Chesterbrook
Dr. Sasson was awesome. We learned exactly what to expect and next steps and how to proceed with treatments. We were confident that the decisions we were making were well thought out and executed. I felt safe and trusted him with our care and the expansion of our family...We used clomid 75 mg because I had significant follicles in each ovary. I had a monitored cycle and then administered a trigger shot and did timed intercourse. I got pregnant with our beautiful daughter during that cycle
The only issue I had [at Shady Grove Fertility] was when I was told to come in early for monitoring so I could get to work on time. I was told if I got there first I’d be taken first but this didn’t happen...Front desk staff was slightly grumpy at times. I was told to come in first then had to wait which was difficult because I was a teacher and had to get to class. I loved the team that drew blood but I am often difficult to get blood from so that was challenging for them
Trust him! He’s amazing! And bring someone with you to the HSG scan
Dr. Sasson was amazing. He told me what to expect and assured me that we would make things work. He was patient kind and explained everything throughly and slowly. We knew each step and exactly what we were getting into
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Emily)
Emily was AMAZING. I know she is no longer with shady grove.
We spent about 3000 dollars from start to finish worth our daughter
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
The only issue I had was when I was told to come in early for monitoring so I could get to work on time. I was told if I got there first I’d be taken first but this didn’t happen.
Chesterbrook

Dr. Schumacher is very personable, professional and clear with what to expect. She takes time to explain all procedures, options, benefits and risks in a way that is truly helpful. She reaches out to communicate directly and has been a very caring professional....She takes time to explain things and reach out personally via email and phone... We're using oral estrogen and PIO injections to prepare for a frozen embryo transfer via donor embryo.
SGF says their standard is almost always a single transfer to reduce the risk of multiples....However, they still evaluate each case to be sure eSET is best given the circumstances....Their strengths include a well organized team, friendly atmosphere, treatment backed by current evidence, and several options for treatment available.... Financial dept does sometimes need a little extra follow up but nothing excessive.
Can't say I have any advice, she did everything I'd expect a caring doctor to do.
She takes time to explain things and reach out personally via email and phone
Describe the protocols Brianna Schumacher used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania and their degree of success.
Our nurse has been excellent at coordinating between me, doctor, pharmacies and even the financial coordinator.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
Their strengths include a well organized team, friendly atmosphere, treatment backed by current evidence, and several options for treatment available. I can't think of any weaknesses at this team. Financial dept does sometimes need a little extra follow up but nothing excessive.
We're doing a frozen embryo transfer via donor embryo program. The fees in total should be under $8k. Extremely reasonable.
Describe Brianna Schumacher's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
SGF says their standard is almost always a single transfer to reduce the risk of multiples. As a former preemie parent, I recognize the importance of reducing the risk of multiples given the increased risk of prematurity. However, they still evaluate each case to be sure eSET is best given the circumstances. In our case, both embryos we have are healthy and theres no reason to justify trying multiple transfer and risking multiples.

2014 - 2015, Successful
I can't recommend him enough. He takes time to explain every step of treatment and why he's making any recommendations. He's open to questions or suggestions and was able to honestly evaluate my condition (even as it changed). He was easy to reach when necessary-even promptly answering emails on the weekend. I felt he personally cared about our success and happiness.
The clinic staff is very kind. They run promptly (a big plus when there are so many appointments and you're trying to get to work!).
Dr Sasson, Lisa and the rest of the staff answered emails and phone calls promptly I came to know them as people, not just medical professionals. I never felt like they had anything but my best health and a successful pregnancy as their goal.
For our egg retrieval cycles we used a combination of injectables and growth hormone to provide a better egg quality. We did PGS testing to improve the odds of a successful transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Lisa Russell)
The nurses at SGF are wonderful. They are invested in the patient care, so much so, that I know they update each other on patient results even when someone is out of the office on vacation. I received medication updates and post-op check ins as expected. Lisa is very knowledgeable and is able to answer many of the questions that arose during the process. She helped make the process easier and less stressful.
Pre-IVF: $30/copay per visit, IUI $50-copay IVF shared risk: $26,000

2019 - 2022, Successful
Donor Sperm With Other Docs
Dr Schumacher and her team were incredible! They were patient, encouraging and never gave up. Even when I thought it was hopeless, she would suggest a new course of action. Thanks to her and her amazing team, we have our beautiful daughter...She took the time to check in on me throughout the process. She called me after hours to see if I was doing alright when the results were disappointing...She is extremely knowledgeable and gives pros & cons for her suggestions.
The staff [at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania] was very friendly and showed compassion when it was needed. I was always greeted with a friendly face and didn't have to wait in the waiting room for very long for appointments. The facility was clean and there was plenty of parking...I loved the Shared Risk program that is offered. I took advantage of it and it was worth it...The nurses were always there to answer all of my questions. They have a portal where I could communicate with them and they were extremely responsive
Dr Schumacher and her team were incredible! They were patient, encouraging and never gave up. Even when I thought it was hopeless, she would suggest a new course of action. Thanks to her and her amazing team, we have our beautiful daughter!
Listen to all options she has put in front of you. She is extremely knowledgeable and gives pros & cons for her suggestions.
I don't remember all of the medications I was on. But I do remember feeling like an emotional roller coaster. It's a lot to go through but worth it.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
The nurses were always there to answer all of my questions. They have a portal where I could communicate with them and they were extremely responsive.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
The staff was very friendly and showed compassion when it was needed. I was always greeted with a friendly face and didn't have to wait in the waiting room for very long for appointments. The facility was clean and there was plenty of parking.
I loved the Shared Risk program that is offered. I took advantage of it and it was worth it!

2018 - 2022, Successful
He was excellent with explaining. He was very open and honest. I felt like he was blunt, which I do prefer. Dr. Sasson has wonderful bedside manner. He was always open to answering any questions I had...ESET is Dr. Sassons preferred approach for my situation...I felt like my first round was very overwhelming. Once I went for my 2nd and 3rd round, I felt more like a number and to be expected to know what I’m going through
Overall the first round of IVF was around 28k. All transfers after that were around 5k, not including medications. We did have a chemical and Dr. Sasson offered $1,000 off which was nice...sometimes the wait for a call back is a bit longer. But otherwise - [the SGF staff] has been great! They’re very attentive. They answer all questions I had and if they didn’t know the answer, they would get me to someone who did.
Ask. Questions. Lots and lots of questions.
I felt like my first round was very overwhelming. Once I went for my 2nd and 3rd round, I felt more like a number and to be expected to know what I’m going through. (More so from the nurses vs the dr)
Everyone is so very different. Each protocol is going to vary. I personally had to use oral medication and 2 different injections.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Abbie )
Understanding I’m not the only patient in the practice - the call back times are a little longer than expected. Otherwise, over all my nurse is great!
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
Again, sometimes the wait for a call back is a bit longer. But otherwise - everyone has been great! They’re very attentive. They answer all questions I had and if they didn’t know the answer, they would get me to someone who did.
Expensive. Overall the first round of IVF was around 28k. All transfers after that were around 5k, not including medications. We did have a chemical and Dr. Sasson offered $1,000 off which was nice.
ESET is Dr. Sassons preferred approach for my situation.
Chesterbrook
Dr. Schumacher was kind and explained in detail everything I needed to know in our first consult. She made me feel comfortable and never judged from the beginning. She was always available if I had questions or concerns and was my biggest support through this difficult journey. I cannot recommend her enough...2 IUIs with Clomid and 2nd ended in unknown location which prompted us to move to IVF. After 2 IVF cycles, I finally received my 1 Pgt normal embryo and my FET worked!
I visited 2 offices [for Shady Grove Fertility] and it was always very run and the staff was always kind and inviting. Wait times were never long and you never felt rushed. Front desk staff was always friendly and welcoming at both locations...Debbie and every staff member I ever encountered at Shady Grove was outstanding! Debbie was always caring and supportive and I truly felt she cared about every step of my journey!
Dr. Schumacher was kind and explained in detail everything I needed to know in our first consult. She made me feel comfortable and never judged from the beginning. She was always available if I had questions or concerns and was my biggest support through this difficult journey. I cannot recommend her enough!!
Don’t hesitate to reach out with all the questions! It’s a very overwhelming experience with a lot of information to take in and Dr. Schumacher always explained things impeccably!
I was always treated with compassion and encouragement. My questions or concerns were always answered quickly and Dr. Schumacher was always available to talk if I needed to!
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
I visited 2 offices and it was always very run and the staff was always kind and inviting. Wait times were never long and you never felt rushed. Front desk staff was always friendly and welcoming at both locations.
Chesterbrook

Dr. Sasson made me feel comfortable and a part of his medical family. He took my concerns into consideration and easily made them a part of my treatment plan. He knows each of his unique patients/families. I was impressed with his thorough review of my medical history and infertility issues... is very kind, welcoming and knowledgeable. He doesn’t just through medical terms at you but he breaks things down for you medically and personally so you can make sound decisions. He is able to tell you the good, bad, and unpleasant outcomes of your treatment using a thorough review of your medical history, ivf treatment plan and medical comparisons to similar fertility patients.
All of the nursing and care staff [at Shady Grove Fertility] are extremely nice, helpful and very informative. My personal nurse Lisa is like a friend of the family. She is only one call or email away to guide me through medications, answer questions and make me feel comfortable...The clinic is very modern and clean. It is in a great location. The office is always able to accommodate your schedule and get you the appointments you need once you start/are in your treatment cycle.
Tell everything and do not hold back!
Dr. Sasson is very kind, welcoming and knowledgeable. He doesn’t just through medical terms at you but he breaks things down for you medically and personally so you can make sound decisions. He is able to tell you the good, bad, and unpleasant outcomes of your treatment using a thorough review of your medical history, ivf treatment plan and medical comparisons to similar fertility patients.
Too early
All of the nursing and care staff are extremely nice, helpful and very informative. My personal nurse Lisa is like a friend of the family. She is only one call or email away to guide me through medications, answer questions and make me feel comfortable.
Chesterbrook
it really seems like he [Dr. Sasson] cares about my case. He is patient, calm, and honest. He explained the different courses and provided his input on the best one, but in the end it was my decision to make and he supported it... recommended IVF due to tube blockage...He recommended eSET due to my age and the risk of a multiple pregnancy...The first consultation he sat down with my husband and I for an hour and reviewed all my medical documentations and explained the process and plan.
She [nurse at Shady Grove Fertility] frequently checked in using the patient portal and answered all my questions...has a risk program for IVF. With medications and the program probability around 25-30,000...Strengths: patient, understanding, sensitive. The doctor and all the nurses were wonderful. Weaknesses: financial department. They did not work with me on money I was getting from my husband’s work. It was very frustrating and made me feel like a number. However, the care the doctor and nurses provided is why I am still with my clinic.
I am still under going treatment but so far it really seems like he cares about my case. He is patient, calm, and honest. He explained the different courses and provided his input on the best one, but in the end it was my decision to make and he supported it.
Fertility treatment is a very sensitive time & Issac Sasson respects that.
I am still undergoing treatment. Isaac recommended IVF due to tube blockage. I have not started IVF yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Nikki)
She frequently checked in using the patient portal and answered all my questions.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
Shady grove has a risk program for IVF. With medications and the program probability around 25-30,000
He recommended eSET due to my age and the risk of a multiple pregnancy.
Chesterbrook

He [Dr. Isaac Sasson] would call me any time of day and talk for as long as needed. He knew everything about me, my goals, what I feared most in a treatment, and would explain how we were going to work together to make pregnancy possible... It’s hard to put in words what an exception physician he is. You can’t get anything better. He knows what he’s doing it and he does it well and with the upmost respect and care for you. When we finally got pregnant, HE kept thanking US “for trusting him”... but I literally can’t think of anyone I trust mo
Not all the nurses [at Shady Grove of PA-Chesterbrook] are excellent, but Victoria “Tori” is the best and I was lucky to have her looking out for me!... They are closing the Bala office which is a huge shame. Staff is coordinated, but they are trying to expand which has some drawbacks to the patients, such as having an US tech instead of physician.
It’s hard to put in words what an exception physician he is. You can’t get anything better. He knows what he’s doing it and he does it well and with the upmost respect and care for you. When we finally got pregnant, HE kept thanking US “for trusting him”... but I literally can’t think of anyone I trust more
Don’t be afraid to open up with him. Tell him everything you are thinking because it will help him plan the best treatment plan for you
He would call me any time of day and talk for as long as needed. He knew everything about me, my goals, what I feared most in a treatment, and would explain how we were going to work together to make pregnancy possible
Not all the nurses are excellent, but Victoria “Tori” is the best and I was lucky to have her looking out for me!
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
Always single at shady grove. Their studies have shown if the transfer is goin to result in pregnancy, it will do so regardless of quantity of embryo. So if you transfer 2, and get pregnant, you will have multiples.
Chesterbrook
Dr. Sasson is kind, gentle, and caring. He truly wants to help get his patients to a positive outcome. He is very honest and timely with all of his communication. During my initial consultation of 2 hours he took the time to explain things and to help me fully understand my treatment plan. He truly is an amazing human being....He used an antagonist protocol. We did one egg retrieval, PGS testing, and three frozen embryo transfers resulting in 2 live births.
The entire staff [Shady Grove Fertility] including the receptionist were extremely kind, friendly, and compassionate. Some visits were difficult for me, but I knew that I would always have a good experience at the clinic. They truly showed their support.... Each visit takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish. The waiting rooms never overcrowded. You are assigned a nurse coordinator that is always accessible even on nights and weekends. You truly are treated like a human being.
Trust him. He wants to help you to expand your family and will always be there for you.
Dr. Sasson always had time to see me and explain everything. He personally did every ultrasound and spoke to me with kindness.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Erica )
The entire staff including the receptionist were extremely kind, friendly, and compassionate. Some visits were difficult for me, but I knew that I would always have a good experience at the clinic. They truly showed their support.
Approximately $40,000
Dr. Sasson encouraged me to transfer only one embryo per cycle.
Chesterbrook
We are still early in our treatment with Dr. Sasson, however, he has given us hope that we didn’t receive at our previous clinic. He’s very blunt, but I like that. He gets straight to the point and is prepared to tackle the battles with us! He has met with us a few times, always for at least an hour! We never feel rushed... His protocol for our upcoming IVF cycle is high medication stims in order to make me produce as many eggs as possible. Our previous clinic always shot for a few eggs.
Shadygrove has not let me down yet. They’re attentive, organized and always seem to know me. I never feel like just a number there! They also have a wonderful shared risk program that makes me feel so confident in my desire to switch to them.... [Nurse] Chrissy is so sweet. She’s attentative and answers all my questions even if I think they’re stupid.... Dr Sasson was so welcoming when we came to see him. He has given us an amazing new protocol
Listen to him and understand that he cares. He may be blunt with his details, but it’s better than sugarcoating!
Dr Sasson was so welcoming when we came to see him. He has given us an amazing new protocol and seems so optimistic that he can help us achieve our dream of becoming parents.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Chrissy )
$27,500 for the shared risk program plus PGS testing
We are looking to transfer a single PGS tested embryo.

2013 - 2014, Successful
They [the staff at Shady Grove Fertility in Chesterbrook] are very welcoming but busy. Thankfully you are never treated like a number...He [Dr Sasson] is in a word - amazing. We had losses before him. This was our last chance and he understood the emotion. He was just as excited as we were when he saw our babies on u/s...He is very blunt - he doesn't sugar coat. But you are always his most important patient....I remember that after our loss done by one of his colleagues - he was very honest about why it failed and why a change in meds and protocol were necessary
He is in a word - amazing. We had losses before him. This was our last chance and he understood the emotion. He was just as excited as we were when he saw our babies on u/s
He is amazing. We were not the easiest case. He answered all of our questions candidly, with respect and understanding.
We are still friends with our Fertility nursing team. They were always available. They celebrated and cried with us.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
They are very welcoming but busy. Thankfully you are never treated like a number.
We were very lucky and had ours covered by insurance/employer
LGBTQ+

2013 - 2016, Successful
LGBTQ+
Dr. Sasson will always be in my heart. He has not only made my dreams of becoming a mommy true. But the way he treated me was even more welcoming. Made me trust every word he said. And felt very comfortable with every treatment I did... he was always up front with me and explained things the way I understood them...
Love the nursing staff at Shady Grove Chesterbrook...
Trust in him.
I love Dr. Sasson, he was always up front with me and explained things the way I understood them. Best Dr. Hands down.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Lisa )
Love the nursing staff at Shady Grove Chesterbrook.
Between my fresh and frozen I'd have to say almost 20k

2023 - 2024, Successful
Dr. Sasson's depth of knowledge is immediately evident upon meeting him...instills a sense of confidence and trust in his patients...accessible and attentive...approaches each interaction with warmth and empathy, recognizing the emotional toll that fertility challenges can bring
[Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania is a] well organized and managed clinic. Staff was very friendly and managed all activities diligently. good communication, good manners, friendly approach towards me and my partner
As someone navigating the delicate journey of fertility treatment, finding a physician who embodies both expertise and compassion is paramount. Dr. Sasson at Shady Grove Clinic exceeds expectations on both fronts, making him an invaluable asset to anyone seeking reproductive healthcare. At Shady Grove Clinic, Dr. Sasson's dedication to his patients' well-being is evident in every aspect of care. From the initial consultation to ongoing treatment, he remains accessible and attentive, ensuring that each patient feels valued and supported. His commitment to excellence extends beyond medical expertise, encompassing a holistic approach that prioritizes both physical and emotional health. In summary, Dr. Sasson at Shady Grove Clinic embodies the perfect blend of expertise, compassion, and genuine care. His ability to navigate the complexities of fertility treatment with professionalism and empathy makes him a standout physician in the field. For anyone seeking fertility care characterized by excellence and compassion, Dr. Sasson is undoubtedly the ideal choice.
Very knowledgable and knows what steps to take in case of a problem during treatment.
Dr. Sasson's depth of knowledge is immediately evident upon meeting him. His grasp of the complexities of fertility treatments, coupled with his extensive experience, instills a sense of confidence and trust in his patients. He takes the time to explain procedures thoroughly, ensuring his patients are well-informed every step of the way. His expertise shines through in his ability to tailor treatment plans to individual needs, offering a personalized approach that fosters hope even in the face of uncertainty. Beyond his impressive credentials, Dr. Sasson's genuine care for his patients sets him apart. He approaches each interaction with warmth and empathy, recognizing the emotional toll that fertility challenges can bring. His ability to connect on a personal level creates a supportive environment where patients feel heard and understood. Whether celebrating milestones or providing comfort during setbacks, Dr. Sasson's unwavering support serves as a beacon of hope for those on their fertility journey
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
Well organized and managed clinic. Staff was very friendly and managed all activities diligently. good communication, good manners, friendly approach towards me and my partner. The only issue was that this clinic was a bit away from my place, like a 40 minutes drive but the services and Dr. visit was worth it.
Approximately $6000 per cycle of egg retrival, embryo formation.