Abington
Wexford, PA 15090
York
2200 South George St
York, PA 17403

I did find it kind of odd that we were offered the option to do IUI from the get-go, if we chose to. I also wondered about investigating more into the cause of my infertility. Overall I trust her [Dr. Kara Khanh-HaNguyen] experience and her bedside manner is great....First cycle we tried 50mg clomid, trigger shot and timed intercourse. Because the clomid dried me out, we moved to IUI. We did 100 mg and have different results each cycle (sometimes multiple eggs, sometimes 1). We also did trigger shot and progesterone. The third IUI my lining was thin so we added estrogen. All cycles were negative.
I had several nurses [at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia].Kristen was really great and helpful. Alyssa was not quite as helpful over email...The financial counselor was not great. She went over things very quickly and was not able to offer much guidance or help with certain items. Very vague and didn’t want to spend much time talking until we actually decided to do IVF...I did find it kind of odd that we were offered the option to do IUI from the get-go, if we chose to. I also wondered about investigating more into the cause of my infertility.
How was your experience with Kara Khanh-Ha Nguyen at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
Kara was very friendly and followed up after each failed IUI. I did find it kind of odd that we were offered the option to do IUI from the get-go, if we chose to. I also wondered about investigating more into the cause of my infertility. Overall I trust her experience and her bedside manner is great.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kara Khanh-Ha Nguyen at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
Ask plenty of questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kara Khanh-Ha Nguyen at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
Kara called to follow up after each failed IUI.
Describe the protocols Kara Khanh-Ha Nguyen used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
I had several nurses. Kristen was really great and helpful. Alyssa was not quite as helpful over email.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kara Khanh-Ha Nguyen at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
I had insurance. IVF was about $2500 with insurance, $4500 for meds and $1800 for freezing.
2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr Esposito gave us Hope and Faith that she will do everything possible to help us through this process. She offered every option and let us choose what we felt was best for our family. She was kind and compassionate and very knowledgeable. She was prompt on responding and very down-to-earth when needed to be.... Our first cycle was IVF with insurance, we did gonal and menopur for our first cycle. We are getting ready to go through another cycle with the femara
Nothing everything was perfect through our process and continues to be. I would refer them [Shady Grove] at over anyone in the area. All the staff was all welcoming and loving and made connections with me and my husband....[Cost of Treatment] They are very comparable to the ones in our area. They have many options for treatment and cost... Tracy was so compassionate when I cried she cried. She felt so much love for me as a patient
How was your experience with Melissa Esposito at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Melissa Esposito at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
I would suggest to have some good beneficial questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Melissa Esposito at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
Dr. Esposito made a personal connection with both me and my husband. She made us feel comfortable. And answered every question we had.
Describe the protocols Melissa Esposito used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Tracey Mccelland)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
Nothing everything was perfect through our process and continues to be. I would refer them at over anyone in the area. All the staff was all welcoming and loving and made connections with me and my husband.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Melissa Esposito at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
Describe Melissa Esposito's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
None
LGBTQ+

LGBTQ+
She [Dr. Melissa Esposito] often ran very late and was cold and artificial...This office bumps patients between doctors and Dr Esposito was never my choice of physician. I was never happy to see that she would be performing a procedure because she was artificial, distant, and not able to make a human connection...Shady Grove seems to use a standard set of protocols, so don't be afraid to push back and ask if that is what is right for you.
Both the primary care nurse and some of the ancillary nursing staff were phenomenal. One of the med techs is very cold and gruff...Shady Grove seems to use a standard set of protocols, so don't be afraid to push back and ask if that is what is right for you...They would do better to have a more private patient waiting room setup - you will run into people you may know given the small size and few other resources in the area. Their financial aid paperwork is complex and depends upon patients managing multiple pieces of it -- which I was not made aware of until it was too late.
Try someone else in the practice.
She often ran very late and was cold and artificial
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Alyssa)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
outrageous, but that's what it is with no insurance coverage.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
I qualified for their discount program but was not informed I had to call the pharmacy and other providers myself to relay this information. This error cost me thousands of dollars.

2021 - 2022, Unsuccessful
[At Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania the] Nurses, PAs, and Doctors were always friendly, though treatment seemed cookie cutter...Everyone was always super nice. One thing though, is they didn't make sure I had the after hours number, so when I needed to call one night I couldn't...The financial team seemed to omit things....They also called in brand name medications and we didn't know better to ask for the cheaper generics
Dr Nguyen was very friendly and knowledgeable. She took the time to answer all my questions. When my only normal embryo did not survive thawing, she was very kind and empathetic. She spoke with me on the phone as long as I needed. My one negative, in hindsight, is that on the initial consult, she was too positive about possible outcomes. I was expecting things to go well and to have a baby in my arms.
The same advice I'd give anybody do your research and when you think you know enough, do some more.
I don't remember
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
The financial team seemed to omit things. They have us a cost and after we accepted it, another cost needed to be budgeted. I wish they had told us how expensive medications would be. It all cost so much more than we expected. They also called in brand name medications and we didn't know better to ask for the cheaper generics
Probably close to $30k per cycle
Describe Kara Khanh-Ha Nguyen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
Pretty sure clinic policy is eSET
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
Already mentioned in other questions. It cost much more than expected and we were given higher hopes than we should have been
Mechanicsburg
My nurse [at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia] was my right hand woman, they knew what I was going through and were passionate with getting me all the process...I felt like she [Dr. Khanh-Ha Nguyen] treated me like a human because she took her time with my husband and I, reviewed all my previous records before our consultation from the dr I did my previous cycle with. Explained everything start to finish on the process. We were so comfortable with her and so happy that she cared so much about our journey...Even when my husband asked every question you could think she was patient and knew all the answers and best way to proceed. I feel like she is a part of our family even though our first cycle didn't turn out as we planned, she was right by our side to let us know she cared.
She always took her time with us explaining every detail of everything. She is so passionate and actually cares about us and our journey. She has made personal phone calls to us herself and to give us exciting news about our embryos. Even when my husband asked every question you could think she was patient and knew all the answers and best way to proceed. I feel like she is a part of our family even though our first cycle didn't turn out as we planned, she was right by our side to let us know she cared.
Go into your consultation with an open mind and be patient as she explains every detail of your journey. As much as it is frustrating she is rooting for you!
I felt like she treated me like a human because she took her time with my husband and I, reviewed all my previous records before our consultation from the dr I did my previous cycle with. Explained everything start to finish on the process. We were so comfortable with her and so happy that she cared so much about our journey.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Amy Ciero and Kristin Brodsky)
My nurse was my right hand woman, they knew what I was going through and were passionate with getting me all the process.
2019, Consult
She [Dr. Esposito] was great and very good at expaining everything to us. Answered all of our questions and made very good suggestions for our situation. We didnt feel so lost and overwhelmed when we left our consultation... Take a list of questions with you and she will answer every single one... [Eset Approach] Yes prefers using only 1 at a time... She took the time to explain everything in detail unlike my previous fertility clinic
[Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia is] Very organized. Responds quickly by phone email or patient portal if any questions. Easy to get appointments with a not so flexible work schedule. Billing department is also great and very helpful in picking the right financial plan... Tracey is an excellent fertility coordinator and has empathy and compassion in what she does... She [Dr. Esposito] took the time to explain everything in detail unlike my previous fertility clinic
She was great and very good at expaining everything to us. Answered all of our questions and made very good suggestions for our situation. We didnt feel so lost and overwhelmed when we left our consultation
Take a list of questions with you and she will answer every single one
She took the time to explain everything in detail unlike my previous fertility clinic Dr. Filer
We didnt have our 2nd cycle yet. We just switched to this new clinic
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Tracey)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
Not available yet since we are still deciding on whats financially best for us
Yes prefers using only 1 at a time
Mechanicsburg

Dr. Nguyen called me after I informed her office of my miscarriage to check in and see how I was doing. She broached the subject of next steps only after she was certain I was alright—she even sent me information for counselors who could help me...She fully explained all initial diagnostic procedures and made sure I understood what they were and why they were needed...Dr. Nguyen is very knowledgeable and patient and caring and is happy to answer any questions and address any concerns.
Every single person I’ve interacted with at SGF [Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia] has been so kind...The ladies at the desk know me by name and can answer any questions I have when I call. The office itself is brand new (the Camp Hill location moved to Mechanicsburg in 2018/2019) and is very nice. The whole atmosphere is so calming when you’re there...
From the very first time I met her, Dr. Nguyen made me feel like I could conquer the world. She fully explained all initial diagnostic procedures and made sure I understood what they were and why they were needed. When I told her my biggest fear was doing all the tests and having it come back as unexplained infertility, she said “it might, and if it does, we can treat that too.” I felt so confident after that initial meeting. Unfortunately my results came back as low AMH/high FSH and she had to explain that the chances of my getting pregnant on my own and even using my own eggs for IVF were not good and that we should think about how we’d like to move forward. By some miracle I ended up getting pregnant shortly after that—however, that pregnancy ended in a miscarriage at 9-1/2 weeks. Dr. Nguyen called me after I informed her office of my miscarriage to check in and see how I was doing. She broached the subject of next steps only after she was certain I was alright—she even sent me information for counselors who could help me through such an emotional time. At our next meeting, she explained again that my chances of getting pregnant on my own or an IVF cycle with my own eggs was not likely given my hormone levels however, since I was fortunate enough to have infertility coverage through my insurance at my job, she was willing to try. She told us, “I want to give you the best shot at having a baby, but I also want to be mindful of the insurance coverage you have and the financial strain of these procedures.” I’ve never once had a doctor who was concerned about a patient’s financing! We tried one cycle of IVF which had to be adjusted to an IUI cycle due to my ovaries not responding to the meds. That cycle, unfortunately, ended with a negative pregnancy test. Our next step is IVF with donor eggs—which will not be covered by my insurance.
I think the advice I would give to anyone is to ask as many questions as you can think of! Dr. Nguyen is very knowledgeable and patient and caring and is happy to answer any questions and address any concerns.
Dr. Nguyen is a very compassionate doctor. Each time I’ve seen her or spoke with her she starts the conversations wanting to know how I’m doing and what my expectations are. She has never once pressured me to do something I am not on board with; in fact, she has stated multiple times, “I’m here for whatever you want to do. You tell me what path you want to take and I will help you along that path.” Even when my odds of success with IVF using my own eggs, she let me try so that I wouldn’t have to live with the feelings of “what if.”
I was on Lupron for about 7 days and then was on menopur and gonal-f with an HCG trigger shot. With my hormone levels, my body did not react as other people’s would have and I only had one mature follicle by the time retrieval would have occurred. Because of this, I was switched to an IUI cycle as Dr. Nguyen did not think it was prudent to do retrieval for only one egg—which I agreed. The main reason she let me even go through with it was because my insurance was covering the bulk of the process and I didn’t want to not try it and then always wonder if it would have worked.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
I started off with a nurse named Amy. She was very responsive to my messages and either had the answer when responding or told me she would find out and get back to me (which she did). Amy left that office and I was assigned Kristen. Like Amy, Kristen was quick to respond to any of my messages and thoughtful with her answers.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
Every single person I’ve interacted with at SGF has been so kind. One thing that really struck my on my first meeting was a basket of cutout paper hearts and there were messages on them like “we are here for you” and “you’ve got this!” and I thought that was just going the extra step to show they care about their patients. The ladies at the desk know me by name and can answer any questions I have when I call. The office itself is brand new (the Camp Hill location moved to Mechanicsburg in 2018/2019) and is very nice. The whole atmosphere is so calming when you’re there.
My insurance thankfully covered a lot of the costs or partially covered. The meds were very expensive (I think $7k if I ordered through one of the pharmacies they recommended) so I ordered from overseas and it cost half that amount (but not covered by insurance).
No comment applicable for me currently, but she is in favor of single embryo transfer.
Philadelphia

Dr. Martin was knowledgeable and accommodating. He completed a lot of my testing as well as 4 rounds of IUI. The only thing I would have found more helpful would’ve been adjusting treatments based on not getting results rather than continuing to complete 4 cycles with the same ineffective treatment. ... I completed 4 cycles with doctor Martin using clomid to increase ovulation, ovidrel to trigger ovulation, and IUI for conception.
Costs at shady grove we’re higher than I’ve experienced with other doctors. ... This clinic is easily accessible just off the highway and has ample parking. It is clean and comfortable. They provide keurig coffee and water in the waiting room. The patient rooms are comfortable and clean. ... I dealt with the nursing staff through most of my care and they were very caring and compassionate. They always returned my inquiries in a timely manner.
How was your experience with Ryan Martin at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ryan Martin at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
Ask questions. If you feel something isn’t working and you think you need to make a change speak up.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ryan Martin at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
Dr. Martin was very helpful. He was understanding and listened to everything I had to say.
Describe the protocols Ryan Martin used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ryan Martin at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
Costs at shady grove we’re higher than I’ve experienced with other doctors.
Describe Ryan Martin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
I did not have this procedure

2023, Successful
During my first consultation with Dr. Martin, I felt like I had his undivided attention and was his only patient. I knew immediately I wanted to move forward with treatment under his care and since then, I never felt rushed in any way. Dr. Martin was honest & upfront but delivered news in a very compassionate way. I experienced a chemical pregnancy following my first embryo transfer and Dr. Martin immediately adjusted my protocol for my 2nd transfer which was successful.
I loved everything about the medical care of Shady Grove Warrington - front desk, phlebotomy, nursing, Dr. Martin. I would tell a new patient to be prepared to wait 15 or so minutes to be seen occasionally (especially during late morning appointments). Also, especially if using Shared Risk Program, be prepared to have issues with billing. The billing department needs some serious help - they don't respond to messages or calls.
How was your experience with Ryan Martin at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
Trust him! I would recommend Dr. Martin to any person/couple seeking fertility treatment of any kind.
Dr. Martin always remembered key personal details about me & my husband, was always kind, and I felt like he was very invested in me (evidenced by him calling me personally to deliver news and to check in with me).
Due to my extreme diminished ovarian reserve, we decided to start immediately with IVF with ICSI under the Shared Risk Program. My egg retrieval protocol was the Microdose Lupron one, with estrogen patch priming followed by Gonal (450 daily) and Menopur (150, increased to 225). Right before my trigger shot, I only had 8 follicles and was preparing myself to have to do a 2nd egg retrieval. My results were 8 retrieved, 5 mature, 5 fertilized, 4 blasts and 3 PGT tested embryos. I was thrilled with these results. My first FET ended in a chemical pregnancy and my 2nd transfer was successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Megan)
I loved everybody at Shady Grove Warrington - specifically Megan, Christine, Carly, and Jen! It felt like concierge medicine.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
I did Shared Risk Program - I spent about 7k on medicine, 2k on genetic testing, and 27k for the treatment

2021 - 2023, Unknown Success
Dr. Martin showed so much compassion and made it a point to some out in the waiting room and great us ladies and remembered key point of our charts. He is always working to put a smile on your face, while being sympathetic to our causes. I have not seen any weaknesses with his course of treatment, despite our failure. I would recommend him to anyone, and have...He has not given up and knows we can make amazing embryos and implant, we just need to get there.
The [Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania] clinic is amazing in all aspects in my opinion. A lot of reviews say the billing department in sub-par, but I am 100% self-pay and have had no issues. The staff is always accommodating to my busy schedule and will allow me to book first available appointments at 7am so I can make it to work. All staff members remember your name and your course of treatment.
How was your experience with Ryan Martin at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
Be patient, good things are not rushed, this might be a long process, but you will be in the best hands.
Dr. Martin is very caring and is always in my corner. Our first FET was ended in an 11 week miscarriage and he was there every step of the way. He has not given up on us. Our last transfer we tried a modified natural and he was rooting for us. He even shed some tears that it did not work. He has not given up and knows we can make amazing embryos and implant, we just need to get there.
IVF round 1 - high stims for 15 days - micro dose Lupron, Gonal F, Menopur. Very high doses. 10 retrieved, 6 fertilized, 2 PGT 5AA IVF round 2 - same protocol. 11 retrieved, 5 fertilized, 2 PGT 5BA FET # 1-medicated- birth control prep, esterase, PIO (11 week miscarriage) FET # 2-medicated- birth control prep, esterase, PIO (chemical) FET # 3-medicated- birth control prep, esterase, PIO (negative test) FET # 4 - modified natural- baby aspirin and prednisone
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Alicia)
Very throughout in answering all my questions very promptly.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
The clinic is amazing in all aspects in my opinion. A lot of reviews say the billing department in sub-par, but I am 100% self-pay and have had no issues. The staff is always accommodating to my busy schedule and will allow me to book first available appointments at 7am so I can make it to work. All staff members remember your name and your course of treatment.
$24,000 for shared risk program. $6,000-$8,000 per IVF round
SGF starts with single transfers and does not do multiple unless it is deemed medically necessary

2022 - 2023, Successful
Dr. Martin made me feel heard, understood and comfortable throughout our entire IVF journey. Despite the circumstances of not being able to conceive naturally, Dr. Martin made our dreams come true. He is always compassionate, has handled many of my tears and I truly get sad when we “graduate” to our OB/GYN because of his outstanding care. I would recommend him 1000/10 to every and anyone I know who needs a fertility specialist.
The [Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania] clinic was comfortable. The reception staff was as friendly and easy to work with as everyone else. At the end of each cycle I feel like they knew me by name and cared about us and our situation...[nurses were] always available to answer questions and calm my anxieties during the whole process. I truly felt like they cared about me and my outcome as if I was there only patient (which I know I was certainly one of MANY!) but it still felt that way.
How was your experience with Ryan Martin at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
Trust him, he knows what he’s doing AND he’s extremely caring and compassionate.
From the very first video chat we had with Dr. Martin during the middle of COVID, we felt an immediate connection. He was warm and inviting even over a computer screen. That continued throughout the entire time we’ve seen him, which is two IVF cycles now. I always felt comfortable calling and asking questions, I never felt like a burden and I truly know in my heart that Dr. Martin cared about my husband and I and helping us get pregnant!
Always always available to answer questions and calm my anxieties during the whole process. I truly felt like they cared about me and my outcome as if I was there only patient (which I know I was certainly one of MANY!) but it still felt that way.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
I don’t have much feedback regarding this. Everything went smooth. The clinic was comfortable. The reception staff was as friendly and easy to work with as everyone else. At the end of each cycle I feel like they knew me by name and cared about us and our situation.
The first time around, my insurance covered the majority of the expenses including the egg retrieval and all medicine, the transfer, etc. I only had a co-pay of $25 for office visits. The second time, my insurance changed and did not cover the transfer cycle. Shady grove offered a global deposit where we paid $5000 upfront to cover expense related. It was very helpful and made it easy not to have to go through payments and worrying about costs during the actual cycle.
No comments. He explained the reasoning very well and because our issues were basically sperm meeting egg, it did not make sense to transfer more than one.
Warrington

Dr. Martin has always made himself available to us for any questions that we may have. We just finished our IVF consult with him and we feel so confident in our understanding and ability to move forward. I feel very lucky that Dr. Martin doesn’t just see me for my lab values, but treats me as a patient. He is very straight forward but also has an excellent bedside manner...I have unexplained infertility. I ovulate on my own with regular cycles and my husband is healthy. We started with clomid plus trigger plus timed intercourse. But clomid overstimulated my ovaries and we ended up switching to femara plus trigger plus timed intercourse. This our fourth and final cycle of timed intercourse. If this cycle fails, we will move onto IVF later in the year.
The nursing staff is so kind and compassionate [at Shady Grove Fertility]. I understand why they are so compassionate, however sometimes I felt like I was being handled with kid’s gloves. Which is not a bad thing at all because some women need that :)...we qualify for Shady Grove’s shared risk program which is very affordable...It is very easy to contact the office and schedule appointments that fit your needs. They have always phoned with reminders of appointments and also send out helpful emails with different tips and success stories from past patients.
How was your experience with Ryan Martin at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
Believe that he has your best interest in mind and trust his process.
Doctor Martin has always made us feel that he has our best interest at heart. He is interested in our lives and is determined to help give us the family we have always dreamed of.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Debbie)
The nursing staff is so kind and compassionate. I understand why they are so compassionate, however sometimes I felt like I was being handled with kid’s gloves. Which is not a bad thing at all because some women need that :)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
I am very lucky with the insurance that I have the costs have been minimal. However, IVF is not covered. Luckily we qualify for Shady Grove’s shared risk program which is very affordable.
Warrington

Dr Martin explained things in a way that was easy to understand and took as much time as we needed to answer questions. He was patient and compassionate. I felt like he actually cared about our well being. He also listened to our experiences In a caring way. I never felt pressured or like I couldn’t ask questions....We are trying medication and timed intercourse now and will progress to IVF if this doesn’t work. Dr Ryan adjusted the medication since I had a bad reaction in the past.
This clinic [Shady Grove] has been fantastic so far. They are personable understanding and caring. We have felt comfortable here despite this being one of the most stressful situations in our life. They have made us feel like they care and are here to help us.... My second opinion consult was complimentary... It seems their IVF costs are comparable to those of the first clinic.... I think the only downside is if Dr Martin is out, you have to go to Chesterbrook to see someone else.
How was your experience with Ryan Martin at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
You can feel comfortable asking questions. There is no judgement here.
I felt like they treated me with dignity and compassion
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Debbie )
Debbie is fantastic. She is always happy to answer questions no matter how small. She is very caring and thorough.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
This clinic has been fantastic so far. They are personable understanding and caring. We have felt comfortable here despite this being one of the most stressful situations in our life. They have made us feel like they care and are here to help us. I think the only downside is if Dr Martin is out, you have to go to Chesterbrook to see someone else.
My second opinion consult was complimentary. So far the costs have been going through insurance although that will change with IVF. It seems their IVF costs are comparable to those of the first clinic.
We didn’t talk about multiple embryo transfer yet. He managed our expectations in terms of how many healthy embryos we could reasonable expect.
Warrington

[Protocol with Dr. Ryan Martin] Literally only an IUI with clomid and ovidrel. Over and over. I was t allowed to change protocol even after asking after each failed IUI...He was very patient and kind. Described treatments. I felt like I was a human when he was in the room. When I needed care or to discuss things I felt dismissed at times. They also have BMI restrictions...Just didn’t want to change medications each negative beta. Other then that he was kind and explained everything. A little too nervous about having multiples so kept doing the same protocol. I think changing up protocol would of been nice. Maybe it would of worked. I felt listened to in the beginning but after the second IUI, I didn’t.
Things weren’t communicated [at Shady Grove Fertility- Warrington]. I lost out on another cycle due to billing being so messed up...They weren’t sent to insurance correctly and were being double billed. Lots of issues. And it takes hours to get ahold of someone at billing...Strengths are scheduling and a accommodations...My nurse and nurses were great!!! The staff were great at helping especially when you had to call after hours. There were times I felt dismissed but not usually by the after hours nurse. I felt rushed at times as well.
How was your experience with Ryan Martin at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
Very sweet and patient. Just didn’t want to change medications each negative beta. Other then that he was kind and explained everything. A little too nervous about having multiples so kept doing the same protocol. I think changing up protocol would of been nice. Maybe it would of worked. I felt listened to in the beginning but after the second IUI, I didn’t.
Go in with an open mind. Ask all of your questions up front. Especially with billing. They were horrible. Hidden fees or not explained charges. Make sure you let them know what YOUR plan is as well. Tell them what you expect up front. He does listen and understand. Just takes a bit.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
Strengths are scheduling and a accommodations . Weakness is billing. Horrible. The absolute worst I’ve ever dealt with. I left due to billing. Always call them weekly to check on things. They suck. Follow up with them every week or you will be screwed.
Costs were horrible due to billing making mistakes. They weren’t sent to insurance correctly and were being double billed. Lots of issues. And it takes hours to get ahold of someone at billing.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
It was mostly billing giving issues and cancelling in the start of a cycle. An appt was lost. Things weren’t communicated. I lost out on another cycle due to billing being so messed up.

2019 - 2022, Successful
Dr Martin made me feel like I was his only patient. He went above and beyond my expectations...He drew me pictures to understand everything. He gave me all the time I needed to process and ask questions. He was so thorough and kind...Dr Martin went to the board to get our donor to be allowed back to donate to us and it works. She donated again and we ended up with two embryo. One becoming my son and completing our family. Without Dr Martins compassion and advocation for us our family would surely not exist today...
Deb [nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania] checked on me constantly. Even calling me on a weekend when she was at home to make sure I was doing ok...The clinic is clean and neat and full of friendly people. The phones are answered, appts booked. I’ve never been canceled in all my appts and years w them. Everyone is happy and good at their job and informative...42,500 for the mid level egg donation package (which I did twice for my two kids) I did not pay anything outside that cost that I can think of.. maybe 150$ for some meds...
How was your experience with Ryan Martin at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
He drew me pictures to understand everything. He gave me all the time I needed to process and ask questions. He was so thorough and kind. I could not ask for anything more. I recommend him to everyone
Don’t walk, run! Go now!
After one failed cycle of IVF to try to get eggs we decided to hold off and reevaluate what we could do. We ended up going with an egg donor. We ended up with just one perfect embryo which became my daughter. A year later he tried to get our donor to come back to donate again (since she under produced she had been leg go from the program). She was not allowed to donate so I searched for a new donor. To my surprise I found our donors eggs on the USA egg bank site and contacted Dr Martin right away! He worked right away to get us her eggs. The FDA ended up pulling them from the site for some kind of audit and they were gone. It was crushing to say the least. Dr Martin went to the board to get our donor to be allowed back to donate to us and it works. She donated again and we ended up with two embryo. One becoming my son and completing our family. Without Dr Martins compassion and advocation for us our family would surely not exist today.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Debra (first time) and Abby (second time))
Deb checked on me constantly. Even calling me on a weekend when she was at home to make sure I was doing ok. I could not recommend her more!!

2022, Successful
Dr. Martin was extremely helpful throughout our process. He has the perfect balance of professionalism and empathy. He was always calm and listened to my needs and questions before sharing his expert opinion. He made sure I felt prepared for each step of the process. He was kind and supportive through it all...letrozole, a trigger shot, and IUI. We did 2 rounds with success on the second round...
She [nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania] was always answering questions and making sure I was prepared for appointments and next steps. She was available through the online portal and by phone and always answered my messages quickly...hours were flexible and allowed me to do my monitoring appointments before work, rather than taking sick time every few days. The office is bright and beautifully decorated...
How was your experience with Ryan Martin at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
I was nervous to see a man but I would never see anyone but Dr. Martin after our great experience with him!
Dr. Martin and the rest of the team at Shady Grove showed me what a supportive care team truly is. The experience of infertility is uncomfortable but the Shady Grove Warrington team made it the best that it could be. They were always there for us through the process and were always happy to move at our pace and answer all of our questions (and I had a lot!). Their hours were flexible and allowed me to do my monitoring appointments before work, rather than taking sick time every few days. Their professionalism was matched by their empathy, they have found the perfect balance of those two traits. Everyone in the office is understanding and has a warm and welcoming personality. They kept us on track when things weren’t going as we had hoped, and celebrated with us when it came time for us to “graduate”.
We used letrozole, a trigger shot, and IUI. We did 2 rounds with success on the second round. Monitoring was done regularly to make sure that eggs were growing and ready.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Megan C)
Megan was my go to person during our process. She was always answering questions and making sure I was prepared for appointments and next steps. She was available through the online portal and by phone and always answered my messages quickly. She was so warm and supportive and was excited to share our good news with us when we were successful with treatment.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
Their hours were flexible and allowed me to do my monitoring appointments before work, rather than taking sick time every few days. The office is bright and beautifully decorated, which I appreciated since I was there so much! Everyone in the office is understanding and has a warm and welcoming personality. I am happy that we do not have to go anymore but I genuinely miss having them as our medical team. They left big shoes to fill!
My insurance covered everything so I only paid my copays.
2016 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Martin has been a thoughtful care provider with a pleasing sense of humor and a calm demeanor. I transferred to his care in my first IVF pregnancy, and he was my primary doctor during the procedures leading up to my second pregnancy. He listened to my questions, especially when things weren’t successful, and answered thoughtfully...performed four frozen embryo transfers. He was quick to adjust my estrogen after I was experiencing negative reactions, and after my third transfer he added a steroid to my protocol and that resulted in a successful transfer and live birth.
The [Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania] clinic is organized and efficient. I had no negative experiences with them, and would recommend them. My appointments were scheduled easily and had time frames that worked with my work schedule, and they were good communicators...The nursing staff were wonderful. They celebrated with me at the end, and sympathized with me along the way, even mourning with me when I had a miscarriage.
How was your experience with Ryan Martin at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
Ask questions and let them know what you’re thinking.
Dr. Martin and his team were rooting for me. They acknowledged and validated my journey, which I appreciated, and answered my questions—even the more ridiculous ones—with honesty and kindness.
Dr. Martin performed four frozen embryo transfers. He was quick to adjust my estrogen after I was experiencing negative reactions, and after my third transfer he added a steroid to my protocol and that resulted in a successful transfer and live birth.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
The clinic is organized and efficient. I had no negative experiences with them, and would recommend them. My appointments were scheduled easily and had time frames that worked with my work schedule, and they were good communicators.
All in total for egg retrieval, seven transfers, medications, and storage, the costs were around 60k.

2021 - 2024, Successful
[Dr. Ryan Martin] always made us feel incredibly supported whenever we had questions or concerns...compassionate, extremely intelligent...created a very safe space for my husband and I...never felt uncomfortable...was very thorough in his explanations, which we greatly appreciated!
Everyone in the [Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania] Warrington office and Chesterbrook locations were absolutely amazing...were always quick to return phone calls, listen to our concerns, and adjust treatments...I never felt "put-off" by anyone. I genuinely don't believe the office to have any weaknesses.
How was your experience with Ryan Martin at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
If you are looking for a compassionate, extremely intelligent, and the best all-around fertility doctor, look no further than Dr. Ryan Martin! I can't say enough positive things about having Dr. Martin as our provider while going through IVF, and I would highly recommend him to any and every one! He was recommended to us, and I am more than happy to pass that recommendation along. Throughout our IVF journey, we had many highs and lows, as most do when going through fertility treatments. Dr. Martin, along with the amazing nurses at Shady Grove Fertility, always made us feel incredibly supported whenever we had questions or concerns. My husband and I are so grateful for Dr. Martin and his team, and we feel so blessed that we were able to welcome our beautiful baby boy a little over a year ago. Thank you, Dr. Martin, for everything!
Don't hesitate, go make your appointment! I have zero doubts that you will regret seeing Dr. Martin for your treatments. He created a very safe space for my husband and I during a very vulnerable time in our life. I never felt uncomfortable or questioned Dr. Martin's logic with any of my treatments. He was very thorough in his explanations, which we greatly appreciated!
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
Everyone in the Warrington office and Chesterbrook locations were absolutely amazing to work with! They were always quick to return phone calls, listen to our concerns, and adjust treatments, as needed. I never felt "put-off" by anyone. I genuinely don't believe the office to have any weaknesses. I would recommend Shady Grove Fertility again and again to anyone I speak with!
2021 - 2022, Successful
He [Dr. Martin] carefully reviewed my records and helped me make a plan...He was very caring and compassionate during one of the absolute worst times of my life. We did three IUI’s which were unsuccessful...The first egg retrieval did not yield any healthy embryos. Dr. Martin personally called me at home to discuss next steps. He encouraged me to try another cycle and I’m so glad we did. Our second egg retrieval yielded five healthy embryos and after one implantation in October 2022...
Everyone at this clinic [Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania] from front desk staff to nurses was helpful along our journey. We felt they were on our side 100% of the way! They offered flexible scheduling and anytime I had a question, they were only a phone call away...My nurse Alicia was so helpful along the way, always available to answer questions and help me with my medications...
How was your experience with Ryan Martin at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
I first met with Dr. Martin in July of 2021 when I moved to PA from NJ. My previous fertility doctor in NJ recommended him and I was so glad she did! He carefully reviewed my records and helped me make a plan as my husband and I tried for our second baby. I was pregnant in October after an IUI however, I miscarried at 12 weeks in December. January of 2022 I met with Dr. Martin to discuss next steps. He was very caring and compassionate during one of the absolute worst times of my life. We did three IUI’s which were unsuccessful. At that point, Dr. Martin suggested IVF and we began the process in May. My nurse Alicia was so helpful along the way, always available to answer questions and help me with my medications. The first egg retrieval did not yield any healthy embryos. Dr. Martin personally called me at home to discuss next steps. He encouraged me to try another cycle and I’m so glad we did. Our second egg retrieval yielded five healthy embryos and after one implantation in October 2022, we were pregnant. This process was one of the most difficult ones my husband and I ever had to go through, but Dr. Martin and his team were there each step of the way. His caring bedside manner made this process less stressful. I am due with our second baby in July and couldn’t be more grateful for Dr. Martin. The day we “graduated” from Shady Grove was definitely bittersweet, as the care they provided was of the highest quality. I would highly recommend Dr. Martin at Shady Grove Fertility if you are considering seeing a fertility specialist.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
Everyone at this clinic from front desk staff to nurses was helpful along our journey. We felt they were on our side 100% of the way! They offered flexible scheduling and anytime I had a question, they were only a phone call away.
2023, Successful
Dr. Martin helped us with a personalized and tailored plan...Endometriosis and Adenomyosis...so kind...great bedside manner... responsive to questions along the way...is such a good person and so comforting...IVF to retrieve eggs, Lupron to suppress uterus, hormones during and after egg transfer.
[Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania is] Overall awesome...with great staff...team was so responsive to questions along the way...IVF to retrieve eggs, Lupron to suppress uterus, hormones during and after egg transfer...now about 20 weeks pregnant after 6 years of trying!
How was your experience with Ryan Martin at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
Dr. Martin helped us with a personalized and tailored plan for my Endometriosis and Adenomyosis. He was so kind and had great bedside manner. He treated us as if we were family and his team was so responsive to questions along the way. He is such a good person and so comforting. He is really the best and I would recommend anyone who needs help or who is hopeless to give his practice a try. We are now about 20 weeks pregnant after 6 years of trying!
You are in great hands!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Megan )
Very responsive and helpful team.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
Strengths are bed side manner and comfort. No weaknesses. Overall awesome place with great staff. If you are nervous give this place a try. If you have been treated like a number, give this place a try. If you have unexplained infertility try this place!
Unsure
1 was recommended due to the risk of multiples and one not surviving.

2022, Successful
I felt Dr. Bromer was very warm and kind in his approach...very informative and willing to work with us despite challenges we had run into with previous clinics. I had been told I was simply a poor responder to medication, Dr. Bromer was convinced with the right treatment I could respond and he was right...I did one IVF cycle with a fresh transfer with Dr. Bromer. I had poor results in previous retrievals so he monitored my medications very closely and took a different protocol than previous doctors.
I had a very positive experience with Shady Grove. I found them to be highly skilled in their field and thorough. Each appointment was very quick. My egg retrieval was super smooth in the Rockville office as well...My nurse Kelly was amazing! So response and supportive during my entire time under her care. We never even met in person and I felt extremely taken care of and connected to her.
How was your experience with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
Dr. Bromer was very informative and willing to work with us despite challenges we had run into with previous clinics. I had been told I was simply a poor responder to medication, Dr. Bromer was convinced with the right treatment I could respond and he was right!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
He’s very willing to both give his expertise but accept what you’d like to do as well.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
I felt Dr. Bromer was very warm and kind in his approach.
Describe the protocols Jason Bromer used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Kelly Sweeney )
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason Bromer at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
I was fortunate enough to have my husband’s insurance cover the entire procedure aside from the PGT-A embryo testing which was $3,400.
Describe Jason Bromer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
He seemed open to either, we chose a single.
Jason Bromer
Wexford

After going through all my options [with Dr. Schumacher] IVF seemed the best option for my husband and myself. We did the injectables for the egg retrieval, and then after the genetic testing and trial that I was in did the transfer of 1 embryo...reached out personally via phone call or email throughout the lengthy IVF process with updates and words of encouragement which was very surprising and unexpected...She made an intimidating topic of infertility very relatable and made
Since I was in a trial I could only have single embryo transfer [at Shady Grove Fertility of Philadelphia]...Everyone in the Chesterbrook location is great. You really start to feel like part of a family. (Esp since you will be there every other day some weeks). No matter if I saw someone for the first time or the 10th time I felt very comfortable with everyone I interacted with...Everyone always had a smile and recognized me by name only after a few visits. I was able to get ahold of anyone I needed to and all emails were responded to in a very timely manner.
How was your experience with Brianna Schumacher at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Schumacher. She made an intimidating topic of infertility very relatable and made sure she took the time to get to know you, explain everything and helped guide you all the way through your process. She pleasantly surprised me how involved she was throughout the whole process. Not only was she on hands, after every procedure or core updates she sent me a personal email or phone call to update me on the status along with words of encouragement. She definitely made you feel that you could get through anything even though at times it may be difficult. If I could stay with her to a live birth I would have loved to. I STRONGLY recommend Dr. Schumacher!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brianna Schumacher at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
If you are hesitant or nervous it is worth it. She will make you feel comfortable and explain everything in a way you will understand. She will find the best solution for YOU and your situation.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brianna Schumacher at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania?
Dr. Schumacher reached out personally via phone call or email throughout the lengthy IVF process with updates and words of encouragement which was very surprising and unexpected.
Describe the protocols Brianna Schumacher used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania and their degree of success.
Due to my age (above 35) and previously having a misscarriage with no lives births in my history, she went over all my options with percentages of outcomes of a live birth. After going through all my options IVF seemed the best option for my husband and myself. We did the injectables for the egg retrieval, and then after the genetic testing and trial that I was in did the transfer of 1 embryo. Blood work and ultrasounds were completed frequently and meds adjusted as needed to get the best possible outcome. I can safely say that I am 10 weeks pregnant and excited to start this next chapter in my life.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania. (Assigned nurse: Annika)
Everyone in Shady Grove Chesterbrook was amazing, from the nurses, coordinators, doctors, staff that took blood and front staff. Everyone always had a smile and recognized me by name only after a few visits. I was able to get ahold of anyone I needed to and all emails were responded to in a very timely manner.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
Monitoring appointments were done in a specific window during the week. I was fortunate that I was able to make it work with my schedule and it not conflict too much with my work schedule.
Describe Brianna Schumacher's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility Pennsylvania.
Since I was in a trial I could only have single embryo transfer. Since this was my first IVF cycle, Dr Schumacher also wanted to make sure that we had 1 perfect embryo transferred rather than taking out chances with multiple for our first IVF transfer.
Brianna Schumacher