6.9
6.9

LGBTQ+ Care
LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

6.8

Waldorf
3010 Crain Highway, Suite 201
Waldorf, MD 20601

2014 - 2018, Successful
She [Dr. Timmreck] was/is incredibly patient in answering every question and addressing concerns. She has taken our numbers and put them into context for us, and discussing how we are in between different sets of statistics...Clomid IUI with hcg trigger We have recurrent pregnancy loss and unexplained infertility. Our second cycle was successful...She perhaps is not as hand-holding as a true newcomer might like, however, she is direct, explains everything in layman terms, and has your best interest at heart.
They [Shady Grove] need a bigger location. Waiting times during monitoring are long. Mostly, though, things run smoothly. The staff is competent and friendly. There is a free monthly support group at the clinic, as well, run by a therapist who specializes in infertility. Go. It is well worth it...Kim Sorrentino is very warm and friendly. She was organized and always related all results to me with their implication. The overall staff is friendly and competent.
How was your experience with Lorna Timmreck at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
She perhaps is not as hand-holding as a true newcomer might like, however, she is direct, explains everything in layman terms, and has your best interest at heart. She willingly answers every question you have, even if you have previously covered the topic.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lorna Timmreck at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
No question is silly. Please ask them all.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lorna Timmreck at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
She was/is incredibly patient in answering every question and addressing concerns. She has taken our numbers and put them into context for us, and discussing how we are in between different sets of statistics.
Describe the protocols Lorna Timmreck used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility BMA and their degree of success.
Clomid IUI with hcg trigger We have recurrent pregnancy loss and unexplained infertility. Our second cycle was successful, but we were ready to move to IVF if it had not been successful. In trying to add to our family, we are again starting with Clomid IUI. We plan on doing at least two cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility BMA. (Assigned nurse: Kim Sorrentino)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
They need a bigger location. Waiting times during monitoring are long. Mostly, though, things run smoothly. The staff is competent and friendly. There is a free monthly support group at the clinic, as well, run by a therapist who specializes in infertility. Go. It is well worth it.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lorna Timmreck at Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
Around $1800-$2000 per IUI cycle?
Describe Lorna Timmreck's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
Columbia

[Dr. Mottla was] Very kind, very helpful, and very thorough at our first appointment. Although I did not see him often, he was available for our nurse and answered questions promptly. He was not there for our IUI which was surprising...You won’t see him much, but trust that he is behind all of the big choices and he trusts his staff...Letrozole, gonal f, ovidrel iui was the initial treatment plan. We ended up doing a cyst aspiration and no gonal F but two rounds of letrozole.
The staff [at Shady Grove Fertility] is so friendly, they listen to me, and answer every question with patience. They act like they know me...[nurses are] So friendly, so patient. She answered every question I ever had. There for me during the hard moments when we had to delay...At HSG test they messed up the way my appointment was scheduled and didn’t have it pre-authorized. They handled it beautifully, if I hadn’t been listening hard I wouldn’t have ever known there was ever an issue. They ended up eating the charge because my insurance denied the claim.
How was your experience with Gilbert Mottla at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gilbert Mottla at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gilbert Mottla at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
The staff is so friendly, they listen to me, and answer every question with patience. They act like they know me.
Describe the protocols Gilbert Mottla used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility BMA and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility BMA. (Assigned nurse: Dana)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
Very friendly. They do tend to talk about their children or babies that come to visit frequently which can be difficult to listen to while you’re waiting for an ultrasound. However they work with my schedule and they talk to me while doing blood work and make you forget what you’re there for.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gilbert Mottla at Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
Covered by insurance
Annapolis

Dr. Mottla was reassuring during the whole process and made decisions based on our specific needs. He was caring and understanding and we couldn't have asked for a better doctor. ... Dr. Mottla sent me to a surgeon to remove a large endometrioma before IVF. Right before the surgery he put me on lupron so the endometrima couldn't come back before IVF. After my 2 week recovery we jumped right into IVF.
Shady Grove sees a ton of patients. They were like a well oiled machine with girls coming in and out very quickly. The wait was never super long and I always was taken care of. Some of the staff is friendlier than others, but at least you didn't have to wait long. ... Jen [nurse] made sure I had all the answers along the way. I constantly emailed with questions and she made sure to get back to me ASAP.
How was your experience with Gilbert Mottla at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
Dr. Mottla was reassuring during the whole process and made decisions based on our specific needs. He was caring and understanding and we couldn't have asked for a better doctor. Our nurse was part of the great experience we had.
He will make sure you understand what is happening so don't be shy to ask questions
I broke down in tears in his office and he sat there for as long as I needed to compose myself and told me how he understood and this was a difficult process. When we got our positive pregnancy test he celebrated with us and was excited for us during our first ultrasound.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility BMA. (Assigned nurse: Jen Lavy)
Jen made sure I had all the answers along the way. I constantly emailed with questions and she made sure to get back to me ASAP.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
I had to hit my out of pocket max for insurance but then the rest was covered by insurance.
Annapolis

Use of clomid to treat annovulation [protocol with Dr. Chason]. Completed two failed IUIs without much change to protocol...I was only seen by Dr. Chason a few times. I saw a different doctor or nurse almost every time I had an appointment...My husband and I have multiple factors effecting our fertility. We should have never been counseled to start with IUI first. It should have been recommended to go straight to IVF. She provided conflicting protocols, at first saying femara would be best because of my PCOS but then having me on clomid. The few appointments we did see her for she was always late and by more than 10-15 minutes.
You’re going to be doing a lot of waiting [at Shady Grove Fertility-Annapolis]...[Nurses are] Cold. No empathy. Not very understanding of all the factors going into this. Not considerate about the amount of time off required for all appointments...I had to constantly be on top of them to get results and get meds ordered and get appointments scheduled. It was exhausting...$2000 for two rounds IUI. Even though monitoring was basically the same every day, I had varying costs in bills due to how the procedures were coded to my insurance.
How was your experience with Rebecca Chason at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rebecca Chason at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
You’re going to be doing a lot of waiting. Make sure you ask about the chance of each procedure being effective for your situation and why she thinks the protocol is the best course of action.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rebecca Chason at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
Describe the protocols Rebecca Chason used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility BMA and their degree of success.
Use of clomid to treat annovulation. Completed two failed IUIs without much change to protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility BMA. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Lavy)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
Strength: there are many clinics to chose from, and have pretty flexible monitoring appointment slots. Weakness: you’re just a number. You’ll hardly ever see the same doctor twice. They’re not very friendly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rebecca Chason at Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
Describe Rebecca Chason's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
NA.
Rebecca Chason

Donor Eggs With Other Docs
He [Dr. Levens] took his time to know Me and my husband first then proceed to talk about the treatment options. He was really understanding and caring...He takes his time to know you and your partner first before even getting to the medical treatment. His understanding and takes his time explaining everything and answers any questions you have about the treatment. He will call you if you can’t make it to your appointment and keep in touch with you through out the process.
Great place to feel like they [Shady Grove] are there for you and always go above and beyond to make sure you are getting the best options and treatment. Appointments are always available when you need them even on weekends. The staff is really nice and always happy to help...They are all amazing people and that you like family....He [Dr. Levens] took his time to know Me and my husband first then proceed to talk about the treatment options
How was your experience with Eric Levens at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Levens at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
Aslways ask questions and never hold back
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Levens at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
He took his time to know Me and my husband first then proceed to talk about the treatment options. He was really understanding and caring
Describe the protocols Eric Levens used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility BMA and their degree of success.
He started me with estrogen patch and provera pills. Soon I will start the progesterone shots
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility BMA. (Assigned nurse: Bonsita seabrooks)
They are all amazing people and that you like family.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
Great place to feel like they are there for you and always go above and beyond to make sure you are getting the best options and treatment. Appointments are always available when you need them even on weekends. The staff is really nice and always happy to help
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Levens at Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
Currently waiting but it will be around 30k
Describe Eric Levens's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
He suggested that i would only transfer one embryo because of my small size
Eric Levens

LGBTQ+
As a patient I felt protected under her care. I felt that she [Dr. Stephanie Beall] had our best interest at heart. She was patient and kind. She made sure every question we had had a response. she was overall great. She made sure we left every appointment with a clear understanding of every step in the process...My protocol included Gonal F, Menepur, Progesterone and a trigger shot
at the Harbor location [of Shady Grove Fertility] while under the care of Dr. McClamrock we experienced discrimination from the receptionist/financial rep. We had appointment errors because the financial rep wasn't comfortable with us being a same sex couple. At the Harbor location our previous Dr., Dr. McClamrock wasn't interpersonal he was rude... She [coordinator] responds to voicemails and emails in a timely matter. If she doesn't know the answer to any concern you have she will find out.
How was your experience with Stephanie Beall at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
As a patient I felt protected under her care. I felt that she had our best interest at heart. She was patient and kind. She made sure every question we had had a response. she was overall great. She unfortunately spent a lot of time apologizing for the mistakes that a shady grove fertility location had when it comes to my care. She made sure we left every appointment with a clear understanding of every step in the process
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stephanie Beall at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
No advice. She's a great doctor
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stephanie Beall at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
Compared to my previous Dr. with Shady Grove Fertility who did not treat my wife and myself fairly. Dr. Beall was an angel.. In her care we felt like she had our best interest at heart
Describe the protocols Stephanie Beall used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility BMA and their degree of success.
My protocol included Gonal F, Menepur, Progesterone and a trigger shot
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility BMA. (Assigned nurse: Tina Yingling)
Shes an amazing communicator. She responds to voicemails and emails in a timely matter. If she doesn't know the answer to any concern you have she will find out.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
Strength is the location. Both the Towson and Harbor Locations are within 10 minutes of my home. Weakness: is at the Harbor location while under the care of Dr. McClamrock we experienced discrimination from the receptionist/financial rep. We had appointment errors because the financial rep wasn't comfortable with us being a same sex couple. At the Harbor location our previous Dr., Dr. McClamrock wasn't interpersonal he was rude. He blamed me for my eggs dying in a cycle. If I would refer Shady Grove Fertility to anyone I would say go to the Columbia MD or The Rockville locations
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stephanie Beall at Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
My cost was covered under my insurance. I paid for donor sperm which was $600 each we purchased 3. I also paid for medication first cycle it was a few thousand 2nd and 3rd cycle it was covered
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
We had an Injection class error. Which led to me injecting myself with the wrong needles or an entire cycle. Discrimination from the receptionist/finaincial rep, Rude Dr. Dr. McClamrock yelled and completely destroyed my faith in the process. it was a very stressful time
Baltimore. - Harbor East

He [Dr. Gilbert Mottla] is kind, compassionate, and honest. He showed compassion for our journey and where we are while being honest about our treatment and next steps. He has give us realistic expectations but also hope. He has been amazing to work with.... He has gone above and beyond to be present, inform us, and share care at times of need. He has been truly wonderful to work with.
Everyone that works there [at Shady Grove Fertility- Annapolis] is kind and compassionate. They make it a comfortable place to go and feel safe. I wish time was honored better. When you are already overwhelmed with the appointment it is hard to wait for quite some time before being seen. But they do their best I believe to get us back as soon as possible.... She has been absolutely wonderful. She has been very compassionate to us and our situation. In addition, she is knowledgeable and available as I've needed her. It is evident that she really cares about her patients.
How was your experience with Gilbert Mottla at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
As mentioned before he is kind, compassionate, and honest. He helped us to better grasp what is going on and gave us realistic expectations. He showed compassion for the struggles we have faced in this journey but provided hope with our next steps. He has gone above and beyond to be present, inform us, and share care at times of need. He has been truly wonderful to work with.
He is kind, compassionate, and honest. He showed compassion for our journey and where we are while being honest about our treatment and next steps. He has give us realistic expectations but also hope. He has been amazing to work with.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility BMA. (Assigned nurse: Beth)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
Everyone that works there is kind and compassionate. They make it a comfortable place to go and feel safe. I wish time was honored better. When you are already overwhelmed with the appointment it is hard to wait for quite some time before being seen. But they do their best I believe to get us back as soon as possible.

2014 - 2017, Successful
Dr Osheroff knows his stuff and tells it to you straight up in a more scientific way. So I felt in the middle of number and human. He made sure you understand but wasn't warm, friendly, or comforting...Dr Osheroff was straight forward and to the point. He didn't have great bedside manner but made sure you understood everything going on from every angle. He was happy to answer questions and didn't make you feel rushed.
I liked this clinic [Shady Grove]. It was convenient to my house. They had many locations with different hours for monitoring appointments. I liked that I could go anywhere I needed to. They also had a support group lead by a psychologist where I met some great friends...My nurse was fine when she was there, she was out of the office alot. I talked to other nurses during those times who I liked as well.
How was your experience with Joseph Osheroff at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joseph Osheroff at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
He said the best thing anyone ever said, "I can't tell you when, but I can tell you it will happen." I actually told a friend this right before she saw Dr o and he said the same thing.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joseph Osheroff at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
Describe the protocols Joseph Osheroff used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility BMA and their degree of success.
I did 3 rounds of clomid by themselves. Then 2 rounds of clomid and IUI. All clomid rounds I took pills from days 3 to 7. All were negative. IUI #3 was injectibles, also negative. IVF #1 was the antagonist protocol. My progesterone was too high the day before transfer so that cycle became freeze all. 11 retrieved, 2 made it to freeze. IVF #2 was long lupron protocol. 9 eggs retrieved, 6 mature, 6 fertilized, 1 transfered and 4 frozen. This resulted in 1 live birth. Then FET #1 was estradiol and pio, 1 embryo transfered from IVF 1 batch, that resulted in live birth.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility BMA. (Assigned nurse: Natalie)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
I liked this clinic. It was convenient to my house. They had many locations with different hours for monitoring appointments. I liked that I could go anywhere I needed to. They also had a support group lead by a psychologist where I met some great friends.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Osheroff at Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
I paid out of pocket for 2 clomid IUI. For IUI with injectibles I purchased secondary insurance. After IUI 3 and IVF 1, we met out of pocket max, so IVF 2 was 100% covered plus my monthly premium.
Describe Joseph Osheroff's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
I really wanted to transfer 2 embryos during my first transfer (2nd retreival), even though my husband was against it. Drs protocol is under 38 and no negatives or miscarriages, then 1 is transfered. It is not just caring for multiples, but added risk to mom and babies. We transfered one and discussed that of it didn't work, we would look into multiple.

IUI With Other Docs
So far very organized and friendly and kind. I'm still pretty new in the process..[Nurse at Shady Grove is] Friendly, kind, honest. She gave me feedback fast, responded quickly to all my emails and always have test results when she said she would...He's [Dr.Joseph Osheroff] cordial. He knows his stuff and explains it all. He can be very direct but I liked how much knowledge he had and shared it all. He answers your questions. He uses your name. He has a solid education and is experienced. I believe in him and I think he will help us have our baby...If you want a very warm doctor he may not be the right fit. But if you want knowledge and experience I'd highly recommend him.
How was your experience with Joseph Osheroff at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
He's cordial. He knows his stuff and explains it all. He can be very direct but I liked how much knowledge he had and shared it all. He answers your questions. He uses your name. He has a solid education and is experienced. I believe in him and I think he will help us have our baby.
Always said hi, knows my name and always uses it, and answers all my questions. I am able to be seen often.
Just starting my first stimulated iui cycle. I'm on clomid then a shot then will trigger and do iui. He thinks it'll give us best chance to fertilize with my husbands mild MFI. If post wash numbers don't look good we will move onto ivf. If they're ok, then will do a few cycles and see what happens. He gave us great reasons and facts and I am happy to go with this plan
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility BMA. (Assigned nurse: Kim B and a few others )
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
Not sure. All has been covered by my insurance. They do have financial counselors who explains n everything
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
They did forget once to call about husband's sperm analysis but I emailed my nurse asking about them and she called me later in the day and gave me the results and apologized about it. I was fine. It turned out doctor said he saw everything and signed off but somehow she missed it. It's ok! They're human. I appreciated the quick phone call.
Columbia

She [Dr. Stephanie Beall] is very competent and a good communicator. She gives very realistic expectations. She listened and was good about understanding what you wanted from the treatment. I never felt pressured to take any particular course of action, but she gave a clear understanding of the potential for success with each....She was always very attentive, clear, and friendly....It's [Shady Grove Fertility - Townson] very much cookie cutter, corporate medicine, but they know what they are doing and have a lot at stake in their stats being high.
I went through a couple of primary nurses [at Shady Grove - Townson]. Everyone was good at the clinic but they sometimes had communication problems with each other. I felt like I was always double checking with someone to make sure I had my protocol right...The different nurses and receptionists often seemed not to be on the same page. I often had to double check my protocols. They were terrible about sending my charts to my midwives after I was out of their care.
How was your experience with Stephanie Beall at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
She is very competent and a good communicator. She gives very realistic expectations. She listened and was good about understanding what you wanted from the treatment. I never felt pressured to take any particular course of action, but she gave a clear understanding of the potential for success with each.
Avoid the two other doctors in the practice.
She was always very attentive, clear, and friendly. Nursing staff were always friendly and competent.
Sorry, can't remember specific meds and dosages.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
I went through a couple of primary nurses. Everyone was good at the clinic but they sometimes had communication problems with each other. I felt like I was always double checking with someone to make sure I had my protocol right.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
It's very much cookie cutter, corporate medicine, but they know what they are doing and have a lot at stake in their stats being high. It reminded me of the Marriot or Holiday Inn.
about $1200 for IUI cycle. I did a 2 for one package for the IVF and qualified for a very good discount; ended up around $13000 for the package. Since I got pregnant on first retrieval I ended up subsidizing someone else a bit, but that's ok. They are not cheap, but not the most expensive out there either and are good about offering discounts based on salary and medicine programs etc.
Describe Stephanie Beall's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
I felt a bit pushed to transfer two embryos. As it turned out I did end up with a multiple pregnancy, which I really did not want. I had the sense that after a certain age, they preferred to do 2 in a transfer to up their stats, but I know that after 37 this is pretty common.
Towson

We started with IUI [with Dr. Stephanie Beall] and with the first try had a chemical pregnancy. We tried 2 more IUI cycles before we met with Dr Beall again. When we met with Dr Beall, she suggested we move forward with treatment and try IVF as that had a more impressive success rate. We did our first round of IVF and my hormone levels were too high to do a fresh transfer. It was recommended that I do a frozen transfer so that is what we did.
All the staff at SGF Columbia has been amazing. They are compassionate and organized. Even the front desk staff is excellent... The monitoring appointments are always easy to find a time slot. The people who do the ultrasounds and blood work are always friendly and timely.... My clinic is always clean and usually easy to get appointments.
How was your experience with Stephanie Beall at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
Dr Beall is as sweet as pie. She was recommended to me by my cousin. She is very knowledgeable and does not give false hope. She meets with me to discuss any issues I am having or concerns. She will personally call me if I ask to speak with her. She is compassionate and caring.
Ask questions. Dr Beall will answer any questions that you have and make you feel more at ease
Dr Beall knew that I was a nurse. During our transfer she asked if I had to go back to work and recommended I took a couple of days off because she knew I had a busy career and would be on my feet a lot. She talks to me as an equal.
I have unexplained infertility. Both my husband and I tested fine for everything. We started with IUI and with the first try had a chemical pregnancy. We tried 2 more IUI cycles before we met with Dr Beall again. When we met with Dr Beall, she suggested we move forward with treatment and try IVF as that had a more impressive success rate. We did our first round of IVF and my hormone levels were too high to do a fresh transfer. It was recommended that I do a frozen transfer so that is what we did. We transferred 2 frozen embryos after being educated about the risks of having twins. Unfortunately we had another chemical pregnancy with this round of IVF. We have a follow up appointment to discuss what comes next for us in May.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
My clinic is always clean and usually easy to get appointments.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
My insurance has covered a majority of our care. We paid for our thaw fee of $600 for our FET and we paid a $3,000 insurance deductible. We paid for all of our meds out of pocket due to insurance not covering those
Our clinic educates about the risks of having multiples. I was told they would not transfer more than 2 embryos into me which I was fine with.

2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Mottla was the first doctor who actually seemed to care about our recurrent losses. We've had 4 miscarriages, and 1 stillbirth, but other RE's continued to sweep our issues under the rug. Dr. Mottla was completely different. He took time to listen to our story, and treated us with such compassion...Dr. Mottla's strengths are his compassion, bedside manner, attention to detail, and knowledge of research in the RE field.
Shady Grove is absolutely wonderful! All of the staff members are polite, and caring. It's easy to get a hold of whomever I need, and everything happens promptly. The communication of the clinic is stellar, and everyone is always on the same page...[Nurse] Sarah has been fantastic to work with. She is always quick to return my phone calls (usually the same day), and is patient with the numerous questions I usually have.
How was your experience with Gilbert Mottla at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
Dr. Mottla's strengths are his compassion, bedside manner, attention to detail, and knowledge of research in the RE field. After 6 months of paltry care from our previous clinic, seeing Dr. Mottla was a breath of fresh air. We finally felt cared for, and our hope in a successful pregnancy was restored.
Go in with high expectations, because he will meet (and even exceed) them!
Dr. Mottla was the first doctor who actually seemed to care about our recurrent losses. We've had 4 miscarriages, and 1 stillbirth, but other RE's continued to sweep our issues under the rug. Dr. Mottla was completely different. He took time to listen to our story, and treated us with such compassion. I'll never forget what he said at our first appointment: "You've been through a lot, and you deserve the best care." He is the embodiment of William Mayo's quote, "The needs of the patient come first."
We haven't started treatment yet, because I had my uterine septum removed. Right now, our plan is to do a monitored cycle, seeing as we haven't had difficulty getting pregnant (knock-on-wood), our problem lies in maintaining a pregnancy. He plans to trigger ovulation, and put me on progesterone to keep my lining thick. I'll also take baby aspirin and Lovenox to combat any clotting factors that may be inhibiting pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility BMA. (Assigned nurse: Sarah)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
Shady Grove is absolutely wonderful! All of the staff members are polite, and caring. It's easy to get a hold of whomever I need, and everything happens promptly. The communication of the clinic is stellar, and everyone is always on the same page. I highly recommend Shady Grove!
We had a referral for our initial consult, HSG, baseline blood work, and saline sonogram, so that was all covered. I've switched insurance plans now, so a copay will be associated from here on out. Despite that, the prices seem very reasonable.
Annapolis
The contact I had directly with Dr Mottla was warm and positive..Dr Mottla was great when I did interact with him....Dr Mottla stated at first that he almost always recommends a single embryo transfer, though there are circumstances where multiple embryo transfer is recommended...He was warm and called me personally at a couple stages through my IVF cycle. He was knowledgeable and made good treatment recommendations for me while under his care...
Shady Grove is a large facility so there are times you feel like a number during the process....I was an out of state patient and I felt like my nurse did a very good job communicating with me throughout the process and my doctors out of state...I particularly chose to travel to shady grove from out of state because of their financial aid program. I qualified for a 25% discount on my treatment. Also there are different packages at reduced cost for multiple cycles.
How was your experience with Gilbert Mottla at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
I had a very positive experience with Dr Mottla and would return if I wished to conceive again. He was warm and called me personally at a couple stages through my IVF cycle. He was knowledgeable and made good treatment recommendations for me while under his care.
None
The contact I had directly with Dr Mottla was warm and positive. Shady Grove is a large facility so there are times you feel like a number during the process. But Dr Mottla was great when I did interact with him. He personally called me the day before my embryo transfer and also to congratulate me on my pregnancy.
It’s been awhile since I thought about this! I did an IVF cycle with Dr Mottla, which resulted in a fresh transfer of two average grade embryos—but I had twins! I remember that I took menopur, gonalF, and ganirilex, then a trigger shot before my retrieval. My ultrasounds showed 10 follicles and I remember Dr mottla saying that he would change my medications if I did a second round. However, at my retrieval 9 eggs were retrieved and all 9 fertilized. By day 5 only two embryos were left and of good quality, so dr mottla advised I transfer both for better odds of success. I ended up with twins.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility BMA. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Townsend)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
It is a large facility so I recommend keeping on top of your own treatment. I think they do a great job but for peace of mind, stay on top of things and advocate for yourself. It is an emotional and expensive experience.
Seemed like monitoring was done in morning hours and there were a lot of staff seeing people in multiple rooms. It moved quickly and I could tell a lot of people were coming before work.
Ivf is expensive, but I particularly chose to travel to shady grove from out of state because of their financial aid program. I qualified for a 25% discount on my treatment. Also there are different packages at reduced cost for multiple cycles.
Describe Gilbert Mottla's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
Dr Mottla stated at first that he almost always recommends a single embryo transfer, though there are circumstances where multiple embryo transfer is recommended. In my situation because I only had 2 embryos that made it to day 5 and the embryologists felt the quality wasn’t good enough to survive a freeze, dr mottla did recommend I transfer both.
Annapolis

He has a pleasant personality but as far as feeling like an important patient we felt like just another couple. We had and still have many unanswered questions and no baby. My protocol was wrong for me and never adjusted...My protocol remained the same as anyone else’s even though I was showing clear signs of hyper stimulation. Despite my questions I was shook off and told to continue as prescribed
Customer service [at Shady Grove] is good...Billing needs to be easier to access and understand...Nurses and doctors need to listen up when a patient says something is wrong...It’s not a horrible place...Overall we all have the same end goal. We just need to get there together with more communication and a better understanding of what’s right for many isn’t always right for one...She [nurse] was very good about responding and answering questions.
How was your experience with Jeffrey McKeeby at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
He has a pleasant personality but as far as feeling like an important patient we felt like just another couple. We had and still have many unanswered questions and no baby. My protocol was wrong for me and never adjusted and had dangerous post retrieval consequences.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey McKeeby at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
Ask questions and remind him that you are a person who is very important to someone not just another face in a practice. If you feel that something is wrong press the issue until you are satisfied with the answer.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey McKeeby at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
My protocol remained the same as anyone else’s even though I was showing clear signs of hyper stimulation. Despite my questions I was shook off and told to continue as prescribed As if my health and well being were less important than the money they were making. Sitting in the waiting room watching people come and go like a machine really set in how much money is involved in the process for each patient.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility BMA. (Assigned nurse: Jackie)
She was very good about responding and answering questions.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
Customer service is good Billing needs to be easier to access and understand Nurses and doctors need to listen up when a patient says something is wrong. It’s not a horrible place. Overall we all have the same end goal. We just need to get there together with more communication and a better understanding of what’s right for many isn’t always right for one.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey McKeeby at Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
Out of pocket we have spent over $20,000.
Describe Jeffrey McKeeby's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
While he was reluctant to transfer 2 embryos he still supported it.

2017, Unknown Success
The doctor herself came out to get me and introduced herself and looked very happy to see me.. She took her time to listen to my history and understand why IVF was our option to go and acheive our dreams...She started me off with basic blood work and testing such as my hysterosalpingography and testing all my levels.. No drugs were giving as we are still in the process of IVF
Nurse elaine [at Shady Grove] made sure that i ubderstood all paper work that was being given to me and msde sure i knew what i had to do to progress to the next step...They were a well organized clinic who has an open availability of appointments with different doctors and they make sure any paper work that has to be completed is done. They also have a different department for each process of the IVF which makes it easier to understand whats going on.
How was your experience with Stephanie Beall at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
She was a very heartwarming doctor. She looked you in your eyes while talking and gave you the attention that you needed. She makes sure she does what she has to do to help you accomolish what you came there for.
Please be honest with her.. She has your best intrest at heart
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility BMA. (Assigned nurse: Elaine kochys)
Nurse elaine made sure that i ubderstood all paper work that was being given to me and msde sure i knew what i had to do to progress to the next step.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
Because of my insurance i had a hefty bill to pay from all the testing that needed to be done.
Yes.. She has recommendations based on age and test results and she explained the risk for each number transfered.
2015 - 2017, Successful
He [Dr. Jeffrey McKeeby] never treated me like a number, when I suffered losses he was also very upset by what was happening. He always explained what was happening or what the treatment was and walked me through everything...never left me feeling alone in the entire process, he was there for me the entire time. He was easy to talk to, held my hand when it needed to be held and told me to just do it when I needed that blunt attitude. If it wasn’t for him we wouldn’t have our daughter.
Due to a genetic disorder we had to do IVF [at Shady Grove Fertility]. After my second loss we did an ERA to see if I needed more time on POI, which I did. Everything was always explained in detail...Whenever I needed anything Jackie [nurse] was there, she helped me through some of the toughest times in my life...We did shared risk at the cost of $26,000...everyone there showed the utmost compassion from the moment that we walked in the door to the day that we were discharged at 9 weeks pregnant. When I did have to call the on call nurses there were times that I felt like another number and that made me sad because I always had the best responses from the Annapolis clinic.
How was your experience with Jeffrey McKeeby at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
Dr. McKeeby never left me feeling alone in the entire process, he was there for me the entire time. He was easy to talk to, held my hand when it needed to be held and told me to just do it when I needed that blunt attitude. If it wasn’t for him we wouldn’t have our daughter.
To give time to warm up to him.
He never treated me like a number, when I suffered losses he was also very upset by what was happening. He always explained what was happening or what the treatment was and walked me through everything.
Describe the protocols Jeffrey McKeeby used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility BMA and their degree of success.
Due to a genetic disorder we had to do IVF. After my second loss we did an ERA to see if I needed more time on POI, which I did. Everything was always explained in detail
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility BMA. (Assigned nurse: Jackie Sebert)
Whenever I needed anything Jackie was there, she helped me through some of the toughest times in my life
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
I loved everything about Shady Grove, everyone there showed the utmost compassion from the moment that we walked in the door to the day that we were discharged at 9 weeks pregnant. When I did have to call the on call nurses there were times that I felt like another number and that made me sad because I always had the best responses from the Annapolis clinic.
We did shared risk at the cost of $26,000
Jeffrey McKeeby

Nice. Knowledgeable. I dealt with my nurse and the staff more than her [Dr. Beall]...I didn't have a fertility problem. I was just using donor sperm. After 4 unsuccessful natural cycles, she switched me to a medicated cycle with clomid. I got pregnant on the second medicated cycle...She's perfectly nice, I just didn't develop a relationship with her. I saw her outside the office and said hi. She didn't recognize me after being her patient for 7 months.....She's a good doctor to see. Another doctor did most of my IUI procedures, so choosing a clinic is more important than choosing a specific doctor....
They [the nurses] were nice. I didn't develop any relationships with them during treatment...I usually had to have procedures on the weekends and it was a nightmare scheduling those because the after-hours call people would not forward my calls. This happened at least 4 times where I had to make frantic calls to get next day procedure appointments....explained before that it was difficult to schedule IUI's on the weekends. It was often an hour or two before my ovulation timing before I heard that I could come in for an appointment.
How was your experience with Stephanie Beall at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
Nice. Knowledgeable. I dealt with my nurse and the staff more than her. She's perfectly nice, I just didn't develop a relationship with her. I saw her outside the office and said hi. She didn't recognize me after being her patient for 7 months.
Treatments were routine, not very personalized
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility BMA. (Assigned nurse: Kim Blackwell)
They were nice. I didn't develop any relationships with them during treatment.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
One medicated IUI cycle without insurance was $1600. As of March 2017, it's $1800. The injection shot was $100. I can't remember how much clomid was.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
I explained before that it was difficult to schedule IUI's on the weekends. It was often an hour or two before my ovulation timing before I heard that I could come in for an appointment.
Columbia
He’s amazing. He took the time to talk to us about all the risks of transferring more than one blast. He was kind but was straight to the point about everything. I Highly recommend him...I owe everything to Dr.McKeeby and his staff, they were all amazing and kind....He reassured me that my husband and I would get pregnant with the numbers we had...They’re all about building personal relationships with the patients during such a sensitive time. The made me feel loved and thoroughly cared for.
I loved them. The iui portion made me feel like cattle being pushed through but other than that Shady Grove is the best! Beth and McKeeby were a great time. The other staff and doctors were great and I got to know them, too. They’re all about building personal relationships with the patients during such a sensitive time. The made me feel loved and thoroughly cared for...She [RN] was amazing. She became a therapist during that time. She’s so sweet and caring.
How was your experience with Jeffrey McKeeby at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
He’s amazing. He took the time to talk to us about all the risks of transferring more than one blast. He was kind but was straight to the point about everything. I Highly recommend him. He reassured me that my husband and I would get pregnant with the numbers we had and we did the first time we did Ivf! I owe everything to Dr.McKeeby and his staff, they were all amazing and kind. I don’t know what else to say so I’m just going to type until I hit the minimum word requirements. You do know I have one year old twins and I don’t have time for this long ass survey...
Relax because you’re in good hands.
They truly cared and when I brought my twins in when they were born the entire staff talked to me like they saw me yesterday.
I don’t recall.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility BMA. (Assigned nurse: Beth Basil )
She was amazing. She became a therapist during that time. She’s so sweet and caring.
2k I had infertility insurance
He warned me. I didn’t listen.
Annapolis
Dr. Mottla is able to communicate effectively and show compassion. I had a lot of confidence in his recommendations. He monitors all of his patients even though one may not necessarily see him at every appointment...For my first transfer with Donor Eggs, Dr. suggested eSet. My husband agreed with Dr., although I wanted to transfer two. On second transfer, we transferred two embryos and conceived twins.
The clinic runs like a well-oiled machine, which made me feel very comfortable. The only downside is that all procedures take place in the Rockville office.... I traveled across the country to be treated by Dr. Mottla, based on a friend’s recommendation and SGFC’s reasonable picing and shared-risk program.... Frozen Donor eggs with Shared Risk Plan: $40,000...my experience at Shady Grove was completely different from the first clinic I uses.
How was your experience with Gilbert Mottla at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
Dr. Mottla is able to communicate effectively and show compassion. I had a lot of confidence in his recommendations. He monitors all of his patients even though one may not necessarily see him at every appointment. I traveled across the country to be treated by Dr. Mottla, based on a friend’s recommendation and SGFC’s reasonable picing and shared-risk program.
You can trust him. He takes his job very seriously.
He provided personalized attention and compassion.
I don’t recall the specific protocols. They were different for every cycle and tailored specifically to me.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
The clinic runs like a well-oiled machine, which made me feel very comfortable. The only downside is that all procedures take place in the Rockville office, which was a bit of a trek for me. I experienced a cycle at another clinic on the West Coast—my experience at Shady Grove was completely different from the first clinic I uses.
I used outside monitoring with a RE on the West Coast. I scheduled these appointments easily with the dr.’s medical assistant. They were happy to monitor me because I was paying cash for each monitoring appointment.
Several cycles: Multi-cycle IVF plan (ie one price included 2 cycles): $17,500 (not including any medication) Frozen Donor eggs with Shared Risk Plan: $40,000

2015, Successful
Shady Grove: They always knew my name when I walked in. They were as prompt as they could be with the many appts they had. By the time I got to DE, I felt pretty special--maybe bc they knew I had coughed up $30k! I love the blood draw ladies...My first nurse (can't remember her name) answered my endless questions (and I had a lot). She was always kind and helpful, returning calls immediately. Penny was my DE nurse. She was kind of an "all business" lady and by that time, I did not need as much emotional support.
How was your experience with Gilbert Mottla at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
Not sure this site will let me review the other two docs, who I was NOT happy with. But he was my last stop--I thought I would get a chance to even try with my own eggs, but I wasn't. Even with my DOR status, I had gotten pregnant 3 times on my own. I think he knew that despite being at the end of my emotional rope, that I really wanted to use my OEs despite my intense fear of another MC. He said, "he didn't want to put me through all of that" and that DE "was my best chance of a successful pregnancy." I don't know what could have happened, but we went with DE and our first is due in 2 weeks. Got lucky on shot #1. I will say for the very expensive money, if it doesn't work, you get it ALL back through their guarrantee program (6 shots). Dr. Mottla did genuinely care about me, I believe. I did not care for the other doctor and left the clinic the first time because of his demeanor.
I'm not sure there is anything I would tell you about him specifically, only that the fertility road is exhausting, emotional, expensive, and really makes you question everything as a person and what kind of information you can trust. I think Dr. Mottla is completely aware of all this. In the end, I had to trust him. Had to trust somebody.
Dr. Mottla was the 3rd doc I saw. 2nd at Shady Grove. I did not like Dr. McKeeby (my first doc) and transferred up to Johns Hopkins. I did feel like a number there and had no real personal interaction. Dr. Mottla was my last stop and although I didn't like what I heard (and still don't totally believe the actual source of my issue was DOR), I am almost due with my first baby, through the use of DE and couldn't be happier.
Because he would not let me use my own eggs (my AMH was less than 0.01, despite getting pregnant multiple times on my own), none of the treatments I had researched were used. My DE treatment was pretty basic with estrogen/progesterone shots after my cycle had lined up with the donor's. At Johns Hopkins, we were doing natural, medicated cycles using Femara and then the ovidril trigger shot. Only 2 of my 4 cycles cooperated. They had terrible communication up there and I was always confused by what they were telling me. They would have treated me with my OE, but by then the 2 hour round trip ride and the complete lack of communication had thoroughly exhausted me. Mottla felt that while I could have a miracle baby, that any egg my body produced would be far superior to any eggs they could get from me artificially.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility BMA. (Assigned nurse: Multiple, but ended with Penny)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
Shady Grove: They always knew my name when I walked in. They were as prompt as they could be with the many appts they had. By the time I got to DE, I felt pretty special--maybe bc they knew I had coughed up $30k! I love the blood draw ladies. Johns Hopkins: So impersonal, not nice office, never saw the same doc twice. Much more cold hospital setting. JH is great if you have a rare illness (which I had and my care was great), but for fertility stuff, a specialized clinic is better.
My insurance would have paid for 3 rounds of IVF with my own egg. But they wouldn't do it :( I used their most popular program: the 1:3 donor egg match (1 donor to three recipients). $30k for 6 cycles or all of your money back. We did get lucky on try #1.

2013 - 2015, Successful
Dana [nurse at Shady Grove in Annapolis] is awesome. We love her!....Dr. Mottla was exactly the doctor that my husband and I needed during our infertility journey. He's compassionate, but he's also candid about the realities of your particular case....He was very easy to get in touch with during my cycles (his nurse, Dana, is amazing) and wrote to us when we lost our first son (we got pregnant on our very first IVF/ICSI cycle with him) at birth
How was your experience with Gilbert Mottla at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
Dr. Mottla was exactly the doctor that my husband and I needed during our infertility journey. He's compassionate, but he's also candid about the realities of your particular case; although we went to him fully expecting to be told there was nothing he could do to help us build our family, his optimism that we would be able to have a child gave us the strength we needed to continue moving forward. He was very easy to get in touch with during my cycles (his nurse, Dana, is amazing) and wrote to us when we lost our first son (we got pregnant on our very first IVF/ICSI cycle with him) at birth - we'd communicated to Dana that we hoped to try again one day, and he wanted us to know he'd be there for us when we were ready. Dr. Mottla is one of the best doctors I've ever had.
Trust him - he knows what he's doing.
Dr. Mottla was amazing. I truly felt like he cared about the outcome of our treatment.
Dana is awesome. We love her!

2015, Successful
She [Dr. Timmreck] was patient and straightforward. She knew the current research. She was thorough and honest. She answered our questions and never made us feel rushed or pressured. She outlined her plan for us and provided a rationale. She discussed next steps but was positive and encouraging...Clinic with HcG trigger. Progesterone inserts. Oral supplements. ..Ask all of your questions so that she has the opportunity to answer them...
[Shady Grove Columbia] Very organized and good hours for working women. They have everything organized and written so you don't have to try and remember. Easy to reach nurses via email...[The nurses] They were thorough and compassionate. Never made me feel bad no matter how many questions I had. Always got an answer quickly...She [Dr. Timmreck] outlined her plan for us and provided a rationale. She discussed next steps but was positive and encouraging.
How was your experience with Lorna Timmreck at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
She was patient and straightforward. She knew the current research. She was thorough and honest. She answered our questions and never made us feel rushed or pressured. She outlined her plan for us and provided a rationale. She discussed next steps but was positive and encouraging.
Ask all of your questions so that she has the opportunity to answer them.
Clinic with HcG trigger. Progesterone inserts. Oral supplements. We got pregnant and now have a healthy baby girl!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility BMA. (Assigned nurse: Casey McNeely)
Do not recall

2014, Unsuccessful
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
I am still annoyed that I wasn't allowed to try even 1 cycle with my own eggs--maybe because people with DOR don't typically get pregnant as easily as I did...Dr. McKeeby could only say "well, something else must have gone wrong" and looked at my #s and just said, "you need to do donor egg." There was no further discussion about any other possible solution. I just felt like they were trying to sell me something that I didn't want and left for a 2nd opinion at another clinic.
If you don't like him [Dr Jeffrey McKeeby] , just move on to Mottla. It was night and day...SG is a very organized clinic, compared to the other one I went to. It's pretty, clean, relaxing, maybe because it is a for-profit organization. I felt known and the people were very friendly....Jackie was my first nurse at SG. I almost didn't want to change docs bc I was so attached to her.
How was your experience with Jeffrey McKeeby at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
I had a co-worker who had a rare uterine condition and he treated her for the 3 cycles that both of our insurances would have paid for. She really liked him and just described him as being "dorky". At a donor recipient support group, I also met another woman who also left SG because of McKeeby... so maybe he works for some people, but as I said, I ultimately left for a 2nd opinion at Johns Hopkins bc of this doctor. It took 4-5 months to see that doc and my numbers got way worse during that time period. I am still annoyed that I wasn't allowed to try even 1 cycle with my own eggs--maybe because people with DOR don't typically get pregnant as easily as I did.
If you don't like him, just move on to Mottla. It was night and day. Also, the fertility world is filled with all sorts of natural remedies that could "possibly work for you". This made me into an obsessed person who was trying to make the perfect egg of my own. That wasn't to be, at least this time around. Even Mottla said that miracle babies do exist, but we needed at least to get a jump start on baby #1, given our ages (now 41 and 45, due in 2 weeks with our DE baby on first cycle).
Miscarriage #3 was my first baby with a heartbeat that we knew of. At 12w, I found out that the chromosomally-normal M had passed away at 10w. Dr. McKeeby could only say "well, something else must have gone wrong" and looked at my #s and just said, "you need to do donor egg." There was no further discussion about any other possible solution. I just felt like they were trying to sell me something that I didn't want and left for a 2nd opinion at another clinic.
Never got that far with him. Was so thrown by his only saying to use a DE.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
Jackie was my first nurse at SG. I almost didn't want to change docs bc I was so attached to her. She was fantastic at answering calls and all my questions, including about how to improve egg quality. SG is not "alternative" sort of clinic in terms of using/recommending supplements, etc. which may be both good and bad, depending on what sort of person you are.
Didn't get that far.

2014, Successful
She [Dr Timmreck] won't hold your hand, but she's honest, compassionate, kind, and patient...She was straight-forward, and she didn't "hand-hold," but she still answered every question we had patiently and kindly. She took the time to know our story and make recommendations based on what WE wanted...and I never had a question about the next step that was not answered...I felt that she was rational, calm, and patient. I stress "patient" because it was very important to us that ALL of our questions were answered fully.
[Shady Grove - Colombia] Strengths: Good infrastructure, competent and caring doctors and staff, a "no child" in the waiting room policy, and a high success rate. Weaknesses: Some patients feel like the clinic is a "factory." I personally have not felt that way, but my case was fairly straightforward...Kim Sorrentino [Nurse at Shady Grove] was extremely warm and friendly. She answered questions within the same day, and when she was not available (time off, etc.), my questions were answered by other staff members. The woman who coordinated our IUI steps (Elaine?) was also kind and warm. The nurses performing the blood draws were also friendly and warm.
How was your experience with Lorna Timmreck at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
I always felt like I had all the information from Dr. Timmreck. She gave us our odds, but did so in a way that was compassionate. She wasn't as warm as our nurse, but she was not cold by any means. I felt that she understood the significant emotional side of infertility and was patient and kind. When we were ready for treatment (before she recommended it), she supported our decision. When for financial and emotional reasons, we were ready to to move from one form of treatment to another (before she recommended it), she supported our decision. I felt that she was rational, calm, and patient. I stress "patient" because it was very important to us that ALL of our questions were answered fully. I felt like she was fighting WITH us, and I never had a question about the next step that was not answered.
She won't hold your hand, but she's honest, compassionate, kind, and patient.
General Day 3 testing (AMH, prolactin, FSH, E2, etc.), HSG, semen analysis, repeat pregnancy loss panel (RPL). No red flags--"unexplained infertility." No apparent reason for previous losses. Timed intercourse for 1-2 cycles. Clomid (100 mg for 5 days) + Ovidrel trigger+ IUI for 2 cycles. Progesterone suppositories (200 mg twice a day vaginally) until beta test. (Clomid--hoping to get more than one egg during the IUI process to increase the chances of getting a "quality" egg.)
Kim Sorrentino was extremely warm and friendly. She answered questions within the same day, and when she was not available (time off, etc.), my questions were answered by other staff members. The woman who coordinated our IUI steps (Elaine?) was also kind and warm. The nurses performing the blood draws were also friendly and warm.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
I think an IUI (with medication and monitoring) cost around $2000.
2012 - 2014, Successful
LGBTQ+
Dr.McKeeby has a great sense of humor...very professional with amazing bed side manner that treats his patients with amazing care. He goes out of his way to answer questions and made sure my husband and I were comfortable...I was diagnosed with PCOS and we started with doing clomid, injectables and IUIs but eventually conceived on our second round of IVF. He advocated for IVF since I was successfully pregnant on our first IUI but had a miscarriage.
Stacy [nurse at Shady Grove] was amazing, I could call and speak with her whenever I needed. She kept me organized because there is a lot of information and kept me in the loop...Monitoring appointments were set for specific times in morning everyday...This clinic has so much compassion for the patients. They felt like family and always made sure to be understanding. The office is very nice and clean, comfortable and uplifting environment
How was your experience with Jeffrey McKeeby at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
Dr.McKeeby is very pro-active with his treatment plan and has ability to understand what you are willing to go through and make the plan fit your needs. He made us feel relieved that there was hope and thoroughly explained all avenues
Dr.McKeeby has a great sense of humor and he knows what he is talking about. I would advise to listen to his treatment plan and go forth with whatever he suggests
Dr.McKeeby is very professional with amazing bed side manner that treats his patients with amazing care. He goes out of his way to answer questions and made sure my husband and I were comfortable
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility BMA. (Assigned nurse: Stacy)
Stacy was amazing, I could call and speak with her whenever I needed. She kept me organized because there is a lot of information and kept me in the loop
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
Monitoring appointments were set for specific times in morning everyday. Other than living 2 hours away they are very convenient and did not wait long at all
I had insurance but added a secondary once we realized the bills were stacking up. My insurance covered 80% which is great