6.9
6.9

LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

6.8

Towson, MD 21204
Waldorf
3010 Crain Highway, Suite 201
Waldorf, MD 20601

He has a pleasant personality but as far as feeling like an important patient we felt like just another couple. We had and still have many unanswered questions and no baby. My protocol was wrong for me and never adjusted...My protocol remained the same as anyone else’s even though I was showing clear signs of hyper stimulation. Despite my questions I was shook off and told to continue as prescribed
Customer service [at Shady Grove] is good...Billing needs to be easier to access and understand...Nurses and doctors need to listen up when a patient says something is wrong...It’s not a horrible place...Overall we all have the same end goal. We just need to get there together with more communication and a better understanding of what’s right for many isn’t always right for one...She [nurse] was very good about responding and answering questions.
How was your experience with Jeffrey McKeeby at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
He has a pleasant personality but as far as feeling like an important patient we felt like just another couple. We had and still have many unanswered questions and no baby. My protocol was wrong for me and never adjusted and had dangerous post retrieval consequences.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey McKeeby at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
Ask questions and remind him that you are a person who is very important to someone not just another face in a practice. If you feel that something is wrong press the issue until you are satisfied with the answer.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey McKeeby at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
My protocol remained the same as anyone else’s even though I was showing clear signs of hyper stimulation. Despite my questions I was shook off and told to continue as prescribed As if my health and well being were less important than the money they were making. Sitting in the waiting room watching people come and go like a machine really set in how much money is involved in the process for each patient.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility BMA. (Assigned nurse: Jackie)
She was very good about responding and answering questions.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
Customer service is good Billing needs to be easier to access and understand Nurses and doctors need to listen up when a patient says something is wrong. It’s not a horrible place. Overall we all have the same end goal. We just need to get there together with more communication and a better understanding of what’s right for many isn’t always right for one.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey McKeeby at Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
Out of pocket we have spent over $20,000.
Describe Jeffrey McKeeby's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
While he was reluctant to transfer 2 embryos he still supported it.
Annapolis
Dr. Mottla is able to communicate effectively and show compassion. I had a lot of confidence in his recommendations. He monitors all of his patients even though one may not necessarily see him at every appointment...For my first transfer with Donor Eggs, Dr. suggested eSet. My husband agreed with Dr., although I wanted to transfer two. On second transfer, we transferred two embryos and conceived twins.
The clinic runs like a well-oiled machine, which made me feel very comfortable. The only downside is that all procedures take place in the Rockville office.... I traveled across the country to be treated by Dr. Mottla, based on a friend’s recommendation and SGFC’s reasonable picing and shared-risk program.... Frozen Donor eggs with Shared Risk Plan: $40,000...my experience at Shady Grove was completely different from the first clinic I uses.
How was your experience with Gilbert Mottla at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
Dr. Mottla is able to communicate effectively and show compassion. I had a lot of confidence in his recommendations. He monitors all of his patients even though one may not necessarily see him at every appointment. I traveled across the country to be treated by Dr. Mottla, based on a friend’s recommendation and SGFC’s reasonable picing and shared-risk program.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Gilbert Mottla at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
You can trust him. He takes his job very seriously.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Gilbert Mottla at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
He provided personalized attention and compassion.
Describe the protocols Gilbert Mottla used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility BMA and their degree of success.
I don’t recall the specific protocols. They were different for every cycle and tailored specifically to me.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
The clinic runs like a well-oiled machine, which made me feel very comfortable. The only downside is that all procedures take place in the Rockville office, which was a bit of a trek for me. I experienced a cycle at another clinic on the West Coast—my experience at Shady Grove was completely different from the first clinic I uses.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
I used outside monitoring with a RE on the West Coast. I scheduled these appointments easily with the dr.’s medical assistant. They were happy to monitor me because I was paying cash for each monitoring appointment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Gilbert Mottla at Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
Several cycles: Multi-cycle IVF plan (ie one price included 2 cycles): $17,500 (not including any medication) Frozen Donor eggs with Shared Risk Plan: $40,000
Describe Gilbert Mottla's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
Annapolis
He’s amazing. He took the time to talk to us about all the risks of transferring more than one blast. He was kind but was straight to the point about everything. I Highly recommend him...I owe everything to Dr.McKeeby and his staff, they were all amazing and kind....He reassured me that my husband and I would get pregnant with the numbers we had...They’re all about building personal relationships with the patients during such a sensitive time. The made me feel loved and thoroughly cared for.
I loved them. The iui portion made me feel like cattle being pushed through but other than that Shady Grove is the best! Beth and McKeeby were a great time. The other staff and doctors were great and I got to know them, too. They’re all about building personal relationships with the patients during such a sensitive time. The made me feel loved and thoroughly cared for...She [RN] was amazing. She became a therapist during that time. She’s so sweet and caring.
How was your experience with Jeffrey McKeeby at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
He’s amazing. He took the time to talk to us about all the risks of transferring more than one blast. He was kind but was straight to the point about everything. I Highly recommend him. He reassured me that my husband and I would get pregnant with the numbers we had and we did the first time we did Ivf! I owe everything to Dr.McKeeby and his staff, they were all amazing and kind. I don’t know what else to say so I’m just going to type until I hit the minimum word requirements. You do know I have one year old twins and I don’t have time for this long ass survey...
Relax because you’re in good hands.
They truly cared and when I brought my twins in when they were born the entire staff talked to me like they saw me yesterday.
Describe the protocols Jeffrey McKeeby used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility BMA and their degree of success.
I don’t recall.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility BMA. (Assigned nurse: Beth Basil )
She was amazing. She became a therapist during that time. She’s so sweet and caring.
2k I had infertility insurance
He warned me. I didn’t listen.
2012 - 2014, Successful
LGBTQ+
Dr.McKeeby has a great sense of humor...very professional with amazing bed side manner that treats his patients with amazing care. He goes out of his way to answer questions and made sure my husband and I were comfortable...I was diagnosed with PCOS and we started with doing clomid, injectables and IUIs but eventually conceived on our second round of IVF. He advocated for IVF since I was successfully pregnant on our first IUI but had a miscarriage.
Stacy [nurse at Shady Grove] was amazing, I could call and speak with her whenever I needed. She kept me organized because there is a lot of information and kept me in the loop...Monitoring appointments were set for specific times in morning everyday...This clinic has so much compassion for the patients. They felt like family and always made sure to be understanding. The office is very nice and clean, comfortable and uplifting environment
How was your experience with Jeffrey McKeeby at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
Dr.McKeeby is very pro-active with his treatment plan and has ability to understand what you are willing to go through and make the plan fit your needs. He made us feel relieved that there was hope and thoroughly explained all avenues
Dr.McKeeby has a great sense of humor and he knows what he is talking about. I would advise to listen to his treatment plan and go forth with whatever he suggests
Dr.McKeeby is very professional with amazing bed side manner that treats his patients with amazing care. He goes out of his way to answer questions and made sure my husband and I were comfortable
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility BMA. (Assigned nurse: Stacy)
Stacy was amazing, I could call and speak with her whenever I needed. She kept me organized because there is a lot of information and kept me in the loop
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
Monitoring appointments were set for specific times in morning everyday. Other than living 2 hours away they are very convenient and did not wait long at all
I had insurance but added a secondary once we realized the bills were stacking up. My insurance covered 80% which is great
Annapolis

[Dr. Jeffrey McKeeby] had a strong preference on elective single embryo transfer and did not explain in detail why...Sometimes I felt rushed and didn't completely understand his explanations...Our visits were only 10-15 minutes that felt rushed. He was not very compassionate or caring about our diagnosis and how that effected us. He did not care to ask what we wanted or how we felt. Always confused leaving his office, never confident in the plan he had chosen for us.
[The nurse at Shady Grove Fertility was] Caring, very helpful but always felt like she was too busy for me...The billing department is always behind. The front desk ladies are always very nice and helpful. The phlebotomists in the office are always wonderful, I never have any problems getting blood and its always painless!! The sonogram techs are very comforting and helpful...My doctor had a strong preference on elective single embryo transfer and did not explain in detail why.
How was your experience with Jeffrey McKeeby at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
Very nice doctor but he did not take enough time explaining procedures or our next steps. Our visits were only 10-15 minutes that felt rushed. He was not very compassionate or caring about our diagnosis and how that effected us. He did not care to ask what we wanted or how we felt. Always confused leaving his office, never confident in the plan he had chosen for us.
I would not recommend Dr. McKeeby if you are looking for a doctor who is compassionate or willing to give you the extra time to explain further or answer questions and concerns.
Sometimes I felt rushed and didn't completely understand his explanations.
Caring, very helpful but always felt like she was too busy for me.

Donor Eggs With Other Docs
He [Dr. Levens] took his time to know Me and my husband first then proceed to talk about the treatment options. He was really understanding and caring...He takes his time to know you and your partner first before even getting to the medical treatment. His understanding and takes his time explaining everything and answers any questions you have about the treatment. He will call you if you can’t make it to your appointment and keep in touch with you through out the process.
Great place to feel like they [Shady Grove] are there for you and always go above and beyond to make sure you are getting the best options and treatment. Appointments are always available when you need them even on weekends. The staff is really nice and always happy to help...They are all amazing people and that you like family....He [Dr. Levens] took his time to know Me and my husband first then proceed to talk about the treatment options
How was your experience with Eric Levens at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Levens at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
Aslways ask questions and never hold back
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Levens at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
He took his time to know Me and my husband first then proceed to talk about the treatment options. He was really understanding and caring
Describe the protocols Eric Levens used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility BMA and their degree of success.
He started me with estrogen patch and provera pills. Soon I will start the progesterone shots
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility BMA. (Assigned nurse: Bonsita seabrooks)
They are all amazing people and that you like family.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
Great place to feel like they are there for you and always go above and beyond to make sure you are getting the best options and treatment. Appointments are always available when you need them even on weekends. The staff is really nice and always happy to help
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Levens at Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
Currently waiting but it will be around 30k
Describe Eric Levens's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
He suggested that i would only transfer one embryo because of my small size
Eric Levens
2015 - 2017, Successful
He [Dr. Jeffrey McKeeby] never treated me like a number, when I suffered losses he was also very upset by what was happening. He always explained what was happening or what the treatment was and walked me through everything...never left me feeling alone in the entire process, he was there for me the entire time. He was easy to talk to, held my hand when it needed to be held and told me to just do it when I needed that blunt attitude. If it wasn’t for him we wouldn’t have our daughter.
Due to a genetic disorder we had to do IVF [at Shady Grove Fertility]. After my second loss we did an ERA to see if I needed more time on POI, which I did. Everything was always explained in detail...Whenever I needed anything Jackie [nurse] was there, she helped me through some of the toughest times in my life...We did shared risk at the cost of $26,000...everyone there showed the utmost compassion from the moment that we walked in the door to the day that we were discharged at 9 weeks pregnant. When I did have to call the on call nurses there were times that I felt like another number and that made me sad because I always had the best responses from the Annapolis clinic.
How was your experience with Jeffrey McKeeby at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
Dr. McKeeby never left me feeling alone in the entire process, he was there for me the entire time. He was easy to talk to, held my hand when it needed to be held and told me to just do it when I needed that blunt attitude. If it wasn’t for him we wouldn’t have our daughter.
To give time to warm up to him.
He never treated me like a number, when I suffered losses he was also very upset by what was happening. He always explained what was happening or what the treatment was and walked me through everything.
Due to a genetic disorder we had to do IVF. After my second loss we did an ERA to see if I needed more time on POI, which I did. Everything was always explained in detail
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility BMA. (Assigned nurse: Jackie Sebert)
Whenever I needed anything Jackie was there, she helped me through some of the toughest times in my life
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
I loved everything about Shady Grove, everyone there showed the utmost compassion from the moment that we walked in the door to the day that we were discharged at 9 weeks pregnant. When I did have to call the on call nurses there were times that I felt like another number and that made me sad because I always had the best responses from the Annapolis clinic.
We did shared risk at the cost of $26,000

2013 - 2015, Successful
Dana [nurse at Shady Grove in Annapolis] is awesome. We love her!....Dr. Mottla was exactly the doctor that my husband and I needed during our infertility journey. He's compassionate, but he's also candid about the realities of your particular case....He was very easy to get in touch with during my cycles (his nurse, Dana, is amazing) and wrote to us when we lost our first son (we got pregnant on our very first IVF/ICSI cycle with him) at birth
How was your experience with Gilbert Mottla at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
Dr. Mottla was exactly the doctor that my husband and I needed during our infertility journey. He's compassionate, but he's also candid about the realities of your particular case; although we went to him fully expecting to be told there was nothing he could do to help us build our family, his optimism that we would be able to have a child gave us the strength we needed to continue moving forward. He was very easy to get in touch with during my cycles (his nurse, Dana, is amazing) and wrote to us when we lost our first son (we got pregnant on our very first IVF/ICSI cycle with him) at birth - we'd communicated to Dana that we hoped to try again one day, and he wanted us to know he'd be there for us when we were ready. Dr. Mottla is one of the best doctors I've ever had.
Trust him - he knows what he's doing.
Dr. Mottla was amazing. I truly felt like he cared about the outcome of our treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility BMA. (Assigned nurse: Dana)
Dana is awesome. We love her!
2009 - 2012, Unknown Success
I thought he [Dr. Mottla] was very understanding and I liked his approach to things. He was a good listener. He talked through the options carefully and did not discourage me from skipping IUI (due to being age 41) and going straight to IVF...He was great, but the nurse who I mostly worked with was a bit scattered and did not communicate as well as I would have liked... I did not like that they required a meeting with a psychologist that THEY chose.
I don't have any concerns about this clinic. [Shady Grove - Annapolis] I used it because it was convenient. I did not like that they required a meeting with a psychologist that THEY chose. That person wanted to charge $250, but I talked with someone I know who charged less than half of that...He [Dr Mollta] was great, but the nurse who I mostly worked with was a bit scattered and did not communicate as well as I would have liked...about $13,000 or $14,000 for one IVF cycle.
How was your experience with Gilbert Mottla at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
I thought he was very understanding and I liked his approach to things. He was a good listener. He talked through the options carefully and did not discourage me from skipping IUI (due to being age 41) and going straight to IVF.
She seemed a bit scattered and it wasn't always clear to me what was coming next.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
I don't have any concerns about this clinic. I used it because it was convenient. I did not like that they required a meeting with a psychologist that THEY chose. That person wanted to charge $250, but I talked with someone I know who charged less than half of that.
I paid about $3,000 for medications, plus about $13,000 or $14,000 for one IVF cycle. I can't recall the exact total.
2011 - 2014, Successful
Dr Mckeeby is an amazing doctor. He is patient and kind. If there are as bad news to deliver he made sure I fully understood what was going on. He took the time to make me understand the next steps....Dana is the best! I absolutely loved her as a nurse and person too. I felt like she was truly excited for me and my pregnancies...Wait times [at Shady Grvcan sometimes be long.
How was your experience with Jeffrey McKeeby at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
Ask questions if you don't understand.
When I was going through my treatment my mom was dying. The staff was so supportive. They knew me and my situation and took a personal interest.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility BMA. (Assigned nurse: Dana White)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
Wait times can sometimes be long.
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Anne [nurse at Shady Grove] and Dr. Mottla were completely on the same page. I heard everything twice....Dr Mottla was very knowledgable and took the time I needed to process the challenges in my journey. He went above and beyond. He is direct and to the point. He is efficient and on time. His new office is lovely and much nicer and larger than the prior one.
Listen to him.
Dr. Mottla was great. He always made a point to follow up with me and explain the plan. He saw me in the morning for monitoring and modified his schedule to accommodate mine.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility BMA. (Assigned nurse: Anne Stegner)
Anne and Dr. Mottla were completely on the same page. I heard everything twice.

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
Our first visit, we really liked Dr Mottla. He has a warm manner and was reassuring...We had issues as time went on, particularly with communication and with my partner being included in the process...I was disappointed with the lack of explanation when plans would change after an IUI cycle didn't work...we didn't feel like our unique situation or past conversations were being taken into account...
I go to both the Annaoplis and Columbia clinics [Shady Grove Fertility] due to where I work. Staff at both are friendly and helpful...At the Annapolis clinic, they have me meet with the nurse at the end of each labs/US appt which is VERY helpful and helps me feel comfortable with the plan. However, this is not done at the Columbia office, so there have been some miscommunication and confusion...
How was your experience with Gilbert Mottla at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
Our first visit, we really liked Dr Mottla. He has a warm manner and was reassuring. He was pretty realistic about success rates, which I appreciated, though I did have to press him for specific numbers. We had issues as time went on, particularly with communication and with my partner being included in the process. I am a Primary Care Doctor, so I may have been seeking more explanation of treatment plans than other people, but I was disappointed with the lack of explanation when plans would change after an IUI cycle didn't work; for example why we were switching medications. There was also a big misunderstanding where my partner and I thought we were only doing one cycle of IUI and then moving onto IVF, but after our first cycle of IUI didn't work, Dr. Mottla just created a treatment plan for a second cycle of IUI with new medications and his nurse told us as if this was the plan all along, so we didn't feel like our unique situation or past conversations were being taken into account, ie, we felt like a number. It is also fairly difficult to get timely appointments with a provider to discuss our questions and treatment plans; it definitely has not been offered or recommended and we have had to advocate for ourselves to schedule and schedule pretty far in advance, which can be stressful during the very uncertain journey of infertility treatment.Once I voiced my concerns about wanting more explanation for treatment decisions, Dr Mottla and our nurse did try to share more of the clinical thought process with me, which I appreciate greatly. I would like to see the default approach be to ask patients what level of information and explanation they appreciate. The staff at the Annapolis location also provides more explanation than the Columbia office. At the Annapolis office, the nurse meets with me after each labs/US visit to go over the plan and see if I have questions, which I LOVE, but the Columbia office doesn't do that, and I have to go to both offices due to where I work, so there have been miscommunication and misunderstandings esp when I go to the Columbia office. Finally, my partner has felt very removed from the process which has been hard on both of us. For reasons still somewhat unclear to me, Dr. Mottla called me initially to discuss my partner's semen analysis results instead of my partner, and wasn't planning on calling my partner until I asked him to; this felt very inappropriate to us and like an effort wasn't being made to include him. They say that they treat us "like a team", but all that really means is that everything falls on the woman, which leaves me feeling stressed and alone and him feeling excluded and ignored. Citing COVID protocols, my partner was excluded from my IUI ultrasound. We had been excited for him to be more involved and he is scientifically-minded, so I thought it would be cool for him to see the dominant follicle and be more involved in the process, as well as to be there to support me. Unfortunately, we didn't realize he couldn't come in until we were at the appt, so he spent the appt stewing in the car for 45 mins and I felt more alone than ever. I take COVID very seriously, but it is April 2022, he is fully vaccinated including booster, and I know firsthand that most offices and hospitals are lifting their restrictions, so it was all around upsetting and seemed to have little medical reasoning.
Advocate for yourself early and often. If you want to see him/discuss your treatment plan, schedule an appointment with plenty of advance notice. If you want to know the actual chances of success, ask for specific numbers; fertility care in general tends to default to toxic positivity which was counterproductive and upsetting for my partner and me.
IUI x3, first clomid, then letrazole for last two cycles due to thin uterine lining (6mm) at day 8-9. Also used vaginal estrogen for first two cycles and menopur for last cycle. HCG trigger shot and vaginal progesterone used for all three cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility BMA. (Assigned nurse: Ashley Hall)
Ashley is a little newer to fertility care, so there were some miscommunications initially, but she listened to my feedback and since then, she has been proactive with communicating treatment plans and explanations with me. She is very professional, respectful, and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
I go to both the Annaoplis and Columbia clinics due to where I work. Staff at both are friendly and helpful. Toxic positivity has sometimes been an issue; for example staff telling me "that's so exciting" at the start of IUI, which was actually a pretty stressful and confusing time for us. At the Annapolis clinic, they have me meet with the nurse at the end of each labs/US appt which is VERY helpful and helps me feel comfortable with the plan. However, this is not done at the Columbia office, so there have been some miscommunication and confusion. I strongly recommend that patients advocate for themselves and ask questions as much as possible.
No insurance coverage, paid $1440 for each IUI cycle and extra for meds
Unknown
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
We have gotten conflicting information at times for treatment plans and reasoning, eg nurse told us that doctor recommended switching medications but didn't know why; one nurse told us a medication was for one thing and another nurse told us it was for something different. When my husband had his first semen analysis, there was an abnormal result but we didn't realize till he signed up for the portal 2 wks later; no one had called with the results, and when the doctor did call, they called me instead of my husband.
Annapolis

Ask all the questions you have. He [Dr. Mottla] is always willing to answer...will transfer 1 embryo...He always calls. It’s such a rarity. I’ll send him an email asking him a question and he will pick up the phone and call me. It means so much... I had submucosal fibroids. Well 5 months and 3 surgeries later I am finally ready to get started...After my first failed transfer I’ve started to feel more like a number. He’s still a great doctor but I do often feel rushed...
I haven’t worked with her [nurse] much yet but so far she is very responsive...The office was easy to get to and I never really run into traffic getting there. I love the Annapolis office... the staff is so friendly and warm. I don’t have anything negative to say about the clinic everyone is super friendly and the office is clean and warm environment. Of the shady grove offices in the area Annapolis is my favorite...I am in the beginning stages. I will begin birth control in a week then proceed to injections. I don’t know what meds I’ll be on yet.
How was your experience with Gilbert Mottla at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
I was recommended by a former patient and decided to send Dr. Mottla an email. I had already gone through 4 iui cycles (1 cancelled) and 1 miscarriage. He responded quickly but asked if it was ok to call me since he was leaving town for a conference. We decided I would come in for a consult for IVF. Turns out I had submucosal fibroids. Well 5 months and 3 surgeries later I am finally ready to get started. Today Dr. Mottla called me to reassure my decision to do IVF and I couldn’t be happier to have him as a doctor. After my first failed transfer I’ve started to feel more like a number. He’s still a great doctor but I do often feel rushed.
Ask all the questions you have. He is always willing to answer.
I haven’t worked with her much yet but so far she is very responsive.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
Dr. Mottla will transfer 1 embryo.

2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Jeffrey McKeeby] spent a lot of time talking to me and even went over on time on an appointment when I showed up late...even draws pictures upside down from across his desk so we could see anatomically where the numbers were coming from and he gave up detailed information about the hormone levels...We tried IUI and get 4 follicles and a high sperm count, the office told us it was excellent but we still didn't get pregnant.
I think that the financial piece of the puzzle which was a huge factor of the treatment plan should be clearly explained [by Shady Grove Fertility] when the treatment options are given. You are only allowed to have one treatment plan even though you discuss multiple options with the doctor, this results in numerous phone calls to the financial consultant to discuss your options and if you try to combine plans like taking eggs out for IVF and you want to also freeze some of those eggs they will not let you.
How was your experience with Jeffrey McKeeby at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
He takes the time to explain the information and even draws pictures upside down from across his desk so we could see anatomically where the numbers were coming from and he gave up detailed information about the hormone levels.
Don't expect to be able to retrieve eggs for IVF and set some of those eggs aside to freeze.
He spent a lot of time talking to me and even went over on time on an appointment when I showed up late.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
I think that the financial piece of the puzzle which was a huge factor of the treatment plan should be clearly explained when the treatment options are given. You are only allowed to have one treatment plan even though you discuss multiple options with the doctor, this results in numerous phone calls to the financial consultant to discuss your options and if you try to combine plans like taking eggs out for IVF and you want to also freeze some of those eggs they will not let you.
My insurance does not cover any fertility treatment, so everything was out of pocket.
Annapolis

He [Dr. Gilbert Mottla] is kind, compassionate, and honest. He showed compassion for our journey and where we are while being honest about our treatment and next steps. He has give us realistic expectations but also hope. He has been amazing to work with.... He has gone above and beyond to be present, inform us, and share care at times of need. He has been truly wonderful to work with.
Everyone that works there [at Shady Grove Fertility- Annapolis] is kind and compassionate. They make it a comfortable place to go and feel safe. I wish time was honored better. When you are already overwhelmed with the appointment it is hard to wait for quite some time before being seen. But they do their best I believe to get us back as soon as possible.... She has been absolutely wonderful. She has been very compassionate to us and our situation. In addition, she is knowledgeable and available as I've needed her. It is evident that she really cares about her patients.
How was your experience with Gilbert Mottla at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
As mentioned before he is kind, compassionate, and honest. He helped us to better grasp what is going on and gave us realistic expectations. He showed compassion for the struggles we have faced in this journey but provided hope with our next steps. He has gone above and beyond to be present, inform us, and share care at times of need. He has been truly wonderful to work with.
He is kind, compassionate, and honest. He showed compassion for our journey and where we are while being honest about our treatment and next steps. He has give us realistic expectations but also hope. He has been amazing to work with.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility BMA. (Assigned nurse: Beth)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
Everyone that works there is kind and compassionate. They make it a comfortable place to go and feel safe. I wish time was honored better. When you are already overwhelmed with the appointment it is hard to wait for quite some time before being seen. But they do their best I believe to get us back as soon as possible.

2021, Unknown Success
My experience with doctor [Dr. Gilbert Mottla] was ok I’m still in my process I haven’t never seen him on person that makes me feel like I’m just one more patient is sad...He explained my situation th. Best way he could...Please have the time to talk to your patients on person not only 5 min on the phone...I started taking birth control pills I took menopur Follistim
My experience with this clinic [Shady Grove Fertility] is been really good everybody in this community does her job. They check you in in less than three minutes. They help you when you ask them. They’re very nice. The clinic is really clean some of them. They’re not too friendly but that’s OK...My experience with doctor [Dr. Gilbert Mottla] was ok I’m still in my process I haven’t never seen him on person that makes me feel like I’m just one more patient is sad...He explained my situation th. Best way he could
How was your experience with Gilbert Mottla at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
My experience with doctor was ok I’m still in my process I haven’t never seen him on person that makes me feel like I’m just one more patient is sad other than that every thing else is really good I like the clinic
He explained my situation th. Best way he could
I started taking birth control pills I took menopur Follistim I don’t remember everything else
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility BMA. (Assigned nurse: Collin )
Good communication on the phone on patience, portable answer my questions all the time she was kindness thank you to my nurse
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
My experience with this clinic is been really good everybody in this community does her job. They check you in in less than three minutes. They help you when you ask them. They’re very nice. The clinic is really clean some of them. They’re not too friendly but that’s OK.
Not sure

LGBTQ+
[Dr. Rebecca Chason is] Very polite and communicated the whole process fully. We never felt judged or treated differently for being an lgbt couple. Our nurse always followed up with more information and left room for questions...She was very hands on and explained everything perfectly...I have never felt like a burden or out of place
They [SGF staff] work like a team and are always so helpful. I have never felt like a burden or out of place. The flow of the office Is easy to understand. Very professional with how they handle each case. If I ever had and questions they always knew where to direct me...IUI with medicine was about 2000 with a discount...[our nurse] She would always follow up and make sure I knew what to expect.
How was your experience with Rebecca Chason at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rebecca Chason at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
You are in good hands
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rebecca Chason at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
She was very hands on and explained everything perfectly
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility BMA. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
Jennifer was very soft spoken and positive with her approach. She would always follow up and make sure I knew what to expect.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
They work like a team and are always so helpful. I have never felt like a burden or out of place. The flow of the office Is easy to understand. Very professional with how they handle each case. If I ever had and questions they always knew where to direct me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rebecca Chason at Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
IUI with medicine was about 2000 with a discount.
Rebecca Chason

2023, Unsuccessful
[Dr. Matthew Connell] explains things very well, personable and had timely communication...did my egg retrieval...made sure to stop by afterwards as well...antagonist protocol..bedside manner was very good— was very kind, always asked if we had questions, never made us feel rushed...personally called with results a couple times when it was sensitive.
[Shady Grove Fertility] can handle a high volume of patients...downside is its a high-volume operation...clinic rotates doctors...nurse was fine— she’s responsive and answers questions...not super warm and friendly but seems knowledgeable...had a different nurse and it seems like the amount of information varied
How was your experience with Matthew Connell at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
He explains things very well, personable and had timely communication. He did my egg retrieval (coincidentally because the clinic rotates doctors) and was great explaining what would happen and made sure to stop by afterwards as well.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matthew Connell at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
He’s great but because the clinic is large you may not have much face-to-face interaction. During monitoring I mostly saw different doctors and nurses.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matthew Connell at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
His bedside manner was very good— was very kind, always asked if we had questions, never made us feel rushed, and personally called with results a couple times when it was sensitive.
Describe the protocols Matthew Connell used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility BMA and their degree of success.
First round I did antagonist protocol (gonal f /300iu and menopur/3 vials), and after a couple monitoring appointments, he increased the menopur to 4 vials since i had a few follicles slowly responding. I had two follicles that seemed to rapidly grow and had an uneven response. The trigger was pushed back a day or two to see if the other follicles could meet the threshold size. Ultimately 8 were retrieved, 5 were fertilized and 1 made it to early blastocyst but then stopped developing. Because of my response (or lack of), this round I’m doing a lupron microdose protocol and primed with birth control for two weeks. Stopped birth control three days ago, was cleared to start and did baseline bloodwork/scan the following day. Started lupron microdose twice a day and then will start gonal/menopur again in two days.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
The nurse was fine— she’s responsive and answers questions. She’s not super warm and friendly but seems knowledgeable. During the testing part early on before treatment, I had a different nurse and it seems like the amount of information varied — like when my husband gave a semen sample he was not given any instructions the first time and the second time, for the egg retrieval we had a whole packet (but it was given offhandedly when a nurse asked if I had gotten instructions). Experience of care varied as well during monitoring. I had some who did the ultrasound very terse and offered no information and others who were wonderful and gave me detailed explanations.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
The location is convenient and its clear they can handle a high volume of patients. The downside is its a high-volume operation. If you like seeing the same doctor and having face-to-face interactions it might be challenging. Some other downsides but not necessarily dealbreakers are: they are switching portal systems so i have to deal with two logins and communication with the financial team has not been the best. However, some of the nurses and the front desk person are so wonderful and kind.
Most if the time it was pretty efficient. They would schedule appts every 15 min for a block of time. One time I missed my time and they were great getting me seen asap.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matthew Connell at Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
Still ongoing. Insurance covers most except pGT-A testing which was more than $2000. Medications were covered by insurance, except for the lupron compound since it’s diluted ($200). Generally with my co-pay medications were around $100 (refilled once in first round so total cost so far as im starting cycle 2 is about $500)
Describe Matthew Connell's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
He prefers single embryo transfer to multiple.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
I had a couple issues with getting results/ instructions. However I called the after hours number and someone would get in touch.
Matthew Connell

2021, Consult
He [Dr. Howard McClamrock] didn’t really let me explain my story or discuss what i expected. He let me know what they offered and explained in detail what each procedure was and then told me that because of my size I’m not able to get any help from them. After f getting excited about the possibility of treatment and hearing what the clinic had to offer I was let down in that same breath.
I didn’t visit the [Shady Grove Fertility - Baltimore] facility in person so I am unable to attest the the building itself. The issue I didn’t have was because it was virtual I had to upload everything to their website and it was very complicated. Not a great experience there either...Find a doctor that is more sensitive to women going through infertility if you are in any way fragile. I was broken after my experience honestly.
How was your experience with Howard McClamrock (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
His strength was he seemed very knowledgeable about the process. His weakness what that he should have told me before even explaining anything that i didn’t qualify. It’s like he wanted the copay money or something. They could have called and canceled me before getting my hopes up they had all my information and chose not to.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Howard McClamrock (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Howard McClamrock (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
He didn’t really let me explain my story or discuss what i expected. He let me know what they offered and explained in detail what each procedure was and then told me that because of my size I’m not able to get any help from them. After f getting excited about the possibility of treatment and hearing what the clinic had to offer I was let down in that same breath. It was no amount of explanation that i could give to even go any further in the process. The only option i was given was to pay out of pocket to have my husbands sperm tested. Which i explained he had done previously. I was devastated and haven’t had the heart to seek further opinions or treatment since.
Describe the protocols Howard McClamrock (retired) used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility BMA and their degree of success.
We never even got this far sadly.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
I only had one experience with the nurses as my consult was virtual but I don’t remember her being kind or compassionate about the fact that I was ineligible for treatment at all. She just confirmed that they wouldn’t be able to treat me and when I asked about other places that could she said they wouldn’t either for reference I was interested and referred by my doctor for a tubal dye test.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
I didn’t visit the facility in person so I am unable to attest the the building itself. The issue I didn’t have was because it was virtual I had to upload everything to their website and it was very complicated. Not a great experience there either.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Howard McClamrock (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
I wasn’t charged for anything other than the copay and the cost of the visit. The cost of the appointment was covered by my insurance so I don’t remember the cost and the copay was 40$
Describe Howard McClamrock (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
This was explained in great detail in the section about the doctor specifically.

2020, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Howard McClamrock] seemed to know nothing about me during or after my cycles. He actually said “I would recommend a sperm donor at this point”. Which led me to believe he didn’t know which patient he was speaking with, because of all our issues- sperm was not one of them...The protocols used for us were very straightforward and “typical” for infertility. My medications remained pretty much unchanged throughout my course of treatment...I will note that when I asked to use Omnitrope, I was met with push back, which led me to leave the practice.
[Shady Grove Fertility] Strengths: location was perfect for us (in downtown Baltimore) Weakness: constant staffing changes, doctor was cold and unkind, and the finance department was unresponsive and made critical errors with our insurance (causing significant delays)...The protocols used for us were very straightforward and “typical” for infertility. My medications remained pretty much unchanged throughout my course of treatment at SGF. I will note that when I asked to use Omnitrope, I was met with push back, which led me to leave the practice.
It was very poor. From the constant nursing changes (5 in the span of less than a year). Issues with the finance office. And the doctor making recommendations clearly not intended for us, let me know I did not have any trust in that office.
He’s not in practice any more, but if he was I would say, do your homework- lookup reviews and talk to others who have been his patient.
He seemed to know nothing about me during or after my cycles. He actually said “I would recommend a sperm donor at this point”. Which led me to believe he didn’t know which patient he was speaking with, because of all our issues- sperm was not one of them.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
This is difficult, having gone through 5. I can hardly remember their names. All of them were kind and answered portal messages though!
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
I would say it was a pretty well oiled machine. I never waited very long for my appointment.
We had insurance coverage, but out of pocket costs were approximately $8,500.
I was always onboard with single embryo transfers. Especially given ours are PGT-a & PGT-m tested.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
I think I’ve given all of them. Overall, I really wish they would think outside of the box and not treat every patient like they’re all the same. We all have different medical issues/backgrounds.
Baltimore. - Harbor East

There wasn’t much rationale [from Dr. Howard McClamrock]. I was just told what to do. I did 3 IUI cycles. One with clomid, one with femara, one with injectables. I requested using injectables...He is clearly well-read and knowledgeable. He is competent. He is not at all warm or personal/personable. There were several ultrasounds when he said absolutely nothing to me. I didn’t feel he was invested in my success. He made a few comments like “it’s no big deal” or “it doesn’t matter”. Those are hurtful because it matters tremendously to me. He didn’t offer any real insight into why we weren’t successful and he didn’t recommend altering our plan. If he spent 5 minutes explaining what he recommended changing and how it might improve our likelihood of success I would have continued treatments. While he may be knowledgeable, his lack of communication and interpersonal skills (and I don’t expect warm and fuzzy) was what made me leave that clinic.
The initial consult [at Shady Grove Fertility] was about $250. The labs associated with that consult were about $300. Each iui cycle was $1500...Nice facility. Convenient location. Efficient check in/check out. Had to pay $6 for parking at each visit - every lab draw or US! Weekend procedures were performed at a different office, which was annoying. And each iui was performed by a different physician...There wasn’t much rationale. I was just told what to do. I did 3 IUI cycles. One with clomid, one with femara, one with injectables. I requested using injectables.
Do your own research first. Don’t expect explanations or reassurance. I think his approach is fine for a couple doing timed intercourse. You don’t need him - just his US results and meds. But for more complex treatments you want someone to explain things to you properly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
The coordination here at first was absolutely lousy. I was totally misguided by a nurse, resulting in a month delay in treatment. I was made to feel like this was my fault. After that incident it was much better. But that initial bad communication made it a negative experience.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
The initial consult was about $250. The labs associated with that consult were about $300. Each iui cycle was $1500. We used my husband’s frozen sperm so that was $500 initially plus approximately $120 per cycle to thaw it.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
They were disorganized. Prescriptions were called in late a few times. And I had to remind them to call. Different nurses would call with results and they were unfamiliar with what type of cycle I was on (iui vs TI) or whether or not I was using a trigger or progesterone. They would ask me for that info when I was never informed!
Baltimore. - Harbor East

He [Dr. Yazigi] was very good about explaining the process he understood when we didn’t want to use donor sperm yet and came up woth an alternative. He was very good at making us feel like it was not hopeless. He set us up woth urologist to see my husband and gave us positive anecdotes...He was very good about explaining the whole process and gave us options based on our failed cycle with reasons why..
They [Shady Grove] are busy! Make sure if you’re doing ivf make the first appt available All of the staff was good and everyone was knowledgeable and compassionate....First assigned Stefanie Hernandez and she was great! She got a new job and for my frozen transfer I was assigned Danielle bird a She was not good and was not organized and seemed annoyed with me... Be sure to ask about discounts because they have some for the scripts
How was your experience with Ricardo Yazigi (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
He was very good about explaining the process he understood when we didn’t want to use donor sperm yet and came up woth an alternative. He was very good at making us feel like it was not hopeless. He set us up woth urologist to see my husband and gave us positive anecdotes
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ricardo Yazigi (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
Ask questions because he has the answers and will spend the time needed with you
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ricardo Yazigi (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility BMA?
Describe the protocols Ricardo Yazigi (retired) used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility BMA and their degree of success.
Gonal f and menopur, these were upped very quickly as I was not responding, but once upped I was responding fine. Started ganirelix and then did egg retrieval. Because of my progesterone level the doctor recommended a freeze all and do a frozen transfer. He called personally to tell me that only 2 embryos were made. It was later that one more embryo got made but only 1made it to 6 day blastocyst We then got ready for frozen transfer with estrogen and progesterone injections Frozen transfer did not work
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility BMA. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie hernandez)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
They are busy! Make sure if you’re doing ivf make the first appt available All of the staff was good and everyone was knowledgeable and compassionate. Don’t hesitate to do what they recommend and ask all the questions. Be sure to ask about discounts because they have some for the scripts
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ricardo Yazigi (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
My insurance covered 90% but the prescriptions were what was expensive about $11000 total with insurance but my insurance has a 25k lifetime maximum
Ricardo Yazigi (retired)

2016, Unknown Success
Dr. McClamrock is a man of few words unless you come to him with questions/concerns. My husband liked his personality since he was candid, and often referred to statistics - concrete information. I would have prefered more anecdotal information, as going through a fertility experience can be very isolating...I didn't feel as if he was reporting results to ME and MY case, but rather going through the motions of his evaluations.
Danielle [Nurse at Shady Grove Fertility] is very nice, and our communication is mainly when she provides test results...For my husband and I, the clinic location was a strong reason why we selected Shady Grove over Johns Hopkins. With the amount of visits that need to happen throughout a cycle it was very convenient for us. That being said, Shady Grove Harbor East is very easy to reach. Mersedie answers the phone, and is familiar with patients names and faces over time. This creates a less sterile experience.
Dr. McClamrock is a man of few words unless you come to him with questions/concerns. My husband liked his personality since he was candid, and often referred to statistics - concrete information. I would have prefered more anecdotal information, as going through a fertility experience can be very isolating. I would visit his office for my Day 3 bloods and monitoring throughout the cycle. He would enter the room, perform the U/S and tell me things looked good, and the number of follicles. I would need to ask if my number was sufficient, should it be more/less, etc. I would respond better to a physician that would be willing to sit and paint the picture of the appointment and the meaning. During the journey there is a lot to learn!
Ask questions to get answers. He won't overwhelm you with information if you don't seek it out.
Dr. McClamrock is very candid and thorough when asked detailed questions. Without questions he will not dive into detail. I found if I didn't ask questions, he wouldn't offer explanation. I didn't feel as if he was reporting results to ME and MY case, but rather going through the motions of his evaluations.
My husband and I were both tested, and diagnosed with "unexplained fertility". The first line of treatment for us was IUI. This treatment with Clomid and trigger should ideally help the the sperm close to the egg, and result in pregnancy. We are hopeful it will work although we understand IUI cycles only have approximately a 20% chance of working.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility BMA. (Assigned nurse: Danielle)
Danielle is very nice, and our communication is mainly when she provides test results.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
My insurance is pretty good, so I pay a $20 co-pay per visit and all of our infertility testing has been covered 100%. If I ever had a billing issue Mersadie would resolve it right away.

2011 - 2014, Successful
Strengths: excellent clinician [Dr. Howard McClamrock], plenty of experience, great at getting back to me in a timely manner; in the end, we had 2 healthy babies!!! Weaknesses: not a super warm/fuzzy type; a little more humor could help lighten things up at times; there were times we had to dig a little to get answers or clarification (and he would happily clarify, but it wasn't always automatic)...Expect a matter-of-fact approach, don't expect a lot of joking or small talk, but do expect to be impressed by his knowledge, skill, and concern as a clinician. He will go as far down the fertility road as he can justify and his patients want--and he's very good at what he does.
Overall really pleased w/ the system they [Shady Grove] have in place. Over the years we were at Shady Grove for monitoring for a LOT of holidays--and in single one of them the staff was smiling, professional, and attentive...My nurses with Dr. McClamrock were amazing--one even cried with me! Dr. M got us our results! I very much trusted in his clinical knowledge and experience. I initially found him less warm than I would have liked, but he grew on us through the years that we were under his care. Whenever I initiated a phone call or email, he was quick to respond.
Strengths: excellent clinician, plenty of experience, great at getting back to me in a timely manner; in the end, we had 2 healthy babies!!! Weaknesses: not a super warm/fuzzy type; a little more humor could help lighten things up at times; there were times we had to dig a little to get answers or clarification (and he would happily clarify, but it wasn't always automatic).
IUI w/ injections. Given my numbers initially, he suggested we at least try more conservatively. After our response to the stim meds w/ our 3rd IUI, he then suggested we do IVF. 1 hysteroscopy w/ polypectomy. 1 IVF W/ retrieval (9, 5 fertilized, 2 day-3 transferred)--negative. 1 other cycle that was cancelled after 2 weeks of stims due to poor ovarian response. We were advised to consider donor egg. 1st DE transfer (single embryo) negative. This surprised everyone and Dr. M brought us in for a consult. Cyst found in uterus, surgical intervention discussed, but it did not show up on follow-up ultrasounds. 2nd DE transfer (single embryo)--first blood test positive, then numbers started to decline. Very early m/c. D&C done to ensure good uterine lining and remove likelihood of cyclic cysts. 3rd DE transfer--my spouse, doctor, and I agreed that we should transfer 2 embryos. They both took! 2 healthy babies!!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility BMA. (Assigned nurse: Sonia Leasure)
Compassion, a hug when needed, available!
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
Overall really pleased w/ the system they have in place. Over the years we were at Shady Grove for monitoring for a LOT of holidays--and in single one of them the staff was smiling, professional, and attentive.
Oh wow. We had limited IUI coverage and no IVF coverage. We were able to take advantage of Shady Grove's shared risk program once we were using DE. Overall, w/ meds, through multiple IUIs and IVFs, and out of pocket costs associated with gynecological surgeries, it was about $70k. They also offer financing and education on different options for those patients who have poor or no insurance coverage.
Dr. M follows accepted professional guidelines. He took our history w/ multiple previous embryo transfers that did not result in pregnancy into consideration when we decided to transfer 2 on our 3rd attempt w/ DE.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
There was one incident where info from my RE was not sent over to my GYN prior to my visit. I showed up for a pre-op consult and there was no correspondence from my RE. This may have been a time issue. Adequate communication seemed to be in place after that was cleared up.

2015, Successful
He [Dr. McClamrock] was very blunt and provided little explanation for things that went wrong. He would say, “it was a fluke”. .. he needs work in bedside manner...he was extremely blunt when it came to explanation of procedures and especially set backs. I did feel that he was extremely knowledgeable and would return to him again...He urged us to transfer only 1 embryo....I stimulated my ovaries on follistim and menopur. I used a shot to stop ovulation and a HCG trigger shot.
Shady Grove is a very large clinic. That comes with positives and negatives. They have lots of knowledge behind them. They also can make you feel like one in about 1000. Although this can be daunting, I feel the overall success of the clinic far outweighs the negativity of it being such a large facility....I loved my nurse. She was extremely compassionate. I felt she was a good offset to the bluntness of the doctor. I cried when I “graduated” the clinic.
As I said before, he was extremely blunt when it came to explanation of procedures and especially set backs. I did feel that he was extremely knowledgeable and would return to him again. Shady Grove is a huge clinic, so I think that had something to do with the feelings I had with the clinic being so large.
He’s blunt. Don’t take it personal. He knows his stuff, so trust him.
He was very blunt and provided little explanation for things that went wrong. He would say, “it was a fluke”. I am forever grateful to him because he helped us make our son, but he needs work in bedside manner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility BMA. (Assigned nurse: Pricilla )
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility BMA.
My ivf cycles were covered under insurance.
He urged us to transfer only 1 embryo.