LGBTQ+ Care
LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

Bakersfield
Valencia, CA 91355
Ventura
2755 Loma Vista Rd
Ventura, CA 93003

Dr. Ghadir is a very friendly and encouraging fertility specialist that is realistic at the same time. He doesn't waste my time with treatments that may or may not work and suggests to go the route with the best possible outcome. I have not noticed any weaknesses up to this point...I feel like a human, because Dr. Ghadir and his team are the first ones to actually listen to me and my concerns. They ask me if i have questions and if i do, they take the time to answer them.
they [Southern California Reproductive Center] made sure that our insurance was going to cover it before they did anything. They explained to us what cost was going to be expected and then sent a bill in the mail that we paid off very easily right away....The care coordinator takes all the time she has to make you feel comfortable. The only thing i was not happy about was the fact that i tried to get a hold of her one time and didn't get a call back until almost a week later,
How was your experience with Shahin Ghadir at Southern California Reproductive Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shahin Ghadir at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Call the clinic before you schedule an appointment, ask for Ari and ask all questions you have. She may or may not have the answers, but the more answers you get before your consultation, the more time you have to understand the details the Dr. will be providing you with. Due to the location, leave a bit earlier than usual, the roads can be very congested and you may not find parking right away. You don't want to be late, but if you are, call into the office and let them know. They are very understanding. IVF is expensive, so make sure you ask about alternative possibilities that the Dr. can help you with.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shahin Ghadir at Southern California Reproductive Center?
I feel like a human, because Dr. Ghadir and his team are the first ones to actually listen to me and my concerns. They ask me if i have questions and if i do, they take the time to answer them. I have never received any fertility medication in eight years. I gave up when doctors simply just told me i couldn't get pregnant and Dr. Ghadir told me there is no way that anyone could predict that type of outcome without doing several tests. We have just started with Dr. Ghadir, so we haven't done any meds or anything yet, but when i met them in person, i actually, for the first time in 8 years, felt hopeful that we could have a child in the future and if it's in my cards, i will be a loyal patient to him and his team until the end.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Ari and Maria)
The care coordinator takes all the time she has to make you feel comfortable. The only thing i was not happy about was the fact that i tried to get a hold of her one time and didn't get a call back until almost a week later, but when she explained that she fell behind with calling patients back, because she was unable to answer the phone as she was helping patients in person, i definitely understood. She is super nice and caring and you don't feel like just another person that cannot afford IVF. She really cares about you, your journey and your feelings. If you ever have trouble reaching her, write her an e-mail instead, she will be more available through that outlet. If you have issues at all with the communication, i found that approaching it was the best thing i could have done. Getting those awkward assumptions right out of the way. Maria, the nurse is also very nice, but i have not had as much contact with her just yet. She always responds to e-mails promptly and if she is near the phone she answers it quickly. I am actually excited to go the route with them, because i feel well taken care of.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
I haven't been there often yet, but i like how friendly it is and you feel very comfortable there, even in the waiting area and you don't wait a long time until you see your Dr. Its also very clean and you don't feel like you have to worry about catching anything in their bathrooms, either
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shahin Ghadir at Southern California Reproductive Center.
Because we need authorizations before any and all services, we weren't able to do many tests, but we were able to do genetic testing and they made sure that our insurance was going to cover it before they did anything. They explained to us what cost was going to be expected and then sent a bill in the mail that we paid off very easily right away. It was $30 for drawing blood.
Shahin Ghadir
Santa Barbara

Dr. Rychlik was very open and honest throughout our first cycle / transfer and ultimate miscarriage. As this was our first time with IVF, he did explain a lot of what was happening. There were periods were maybe things were painted a little too positive and expectations were set too high. Which in the moment I appreciated. We are now on our second cycle with Dr. Rychlik and more realistic about what could happen. He's onboard with our needs and requests to get it all straight. So I feel like we have a true partner here.
SCRC Santa Barbara is small, which I like - you feel like you have a personalized medical team. Given how big SCRC is in LA, I also felt like I was with the best of the best. I'm not sure how prices compare, but there aren't many other options in Santa Barbara so I didn't pursue comparisons too deeply...IVF with ICSI and Genetic Testing, including Dr Fees & Facility Fees was around 15k. Medication another 5k. FET was around 3k.
How was your experience with Daniel Rychlik at Southern California Reproductive Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Rychlik at Southern California Reproductive Center?
He makes times for all patients - even being the one to take my blood tests occasionally. So be sure to ask ANY and ALL questions you want. He will answer.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Rychlik at Southern California Reproductive Center?
The entire staff, especially the nurses, came to know me very well. If I was nervous, scared, etc. Dr. Rychlik knew to tell me jokes and make me laugh when asked. He broke down everything that was going on, from the positive pregnancy test to the ultimate miscarriage. After the DNC and leading up to it, he would call me personally to check in. I'm not back for my second FET and he / the team, is being even more candid and honest and open - as this isn't our first go-round!
Describe the protocols Daniel Rychlik used in your cycles at Southern California Reproductive Center and their degree of success.
We went with a very straightforward protocol - IVF/ICIS with genetic testing. As it was more male factor, we didn't go too aggressive for the retrieval and I responded really well to all the drugs - never feeling too poor. We ended up with 2 genetically tested embryos and transferred 1 Day 5. It resulted in a positive! Unfortunately, the baby stopped growing between 5 and 6 weeks. Even though it was genetically tested, apparently this can happen (I do wish I was more prepared). However, after some months off now, we are going back for our next FET.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Ashely May)
Ashely was/is exceptional. In fact, the entire nursing staff and coordinators are amazing. Everyone was responsive, open, honest. They took the time to answer any and all questions, never making me feel like I was annoying or stressed. Every visit was like hanging out with girlfriends who only had my best interests and my family's in mind. I cannot say enough wonderful things about them.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Southern California Reproductive Center.
Monitoring appointments were a breeze. I felt like I was the only patient, I never had a wait. I saw the same nurse and Ultrasound tech every time & sometimes even Dr. R himself! I actually really enjoyed these appointments. It was always happy and even if I was stressed or nervous, we still laughed and they helped calm me down. I booked them right before work and never had a delay. I'm happy to be back for this next transfer!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Rychlik at Southern California Reproductive Center.
Describe Daniel Rychlik's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Southern California Reproductive Center.
Both Doctor and Nurses seemed to think single was the way to go - so if something did happen we could review and adjust the plan of action for the next one. Subjectively, friends who have done IVF my age and with similar circumstances also advocated for single transfer.
Santa Barbara

Dr Rychlik always remained positive and optimistic about the outcome. I wish maybe I would've known going into it that one IVF cycle wouldn't work or that maybe donor eggs should've been discussed. Obviously there's no way of knowing until you go through it but I wasn't fully prepared for the disappointment of having no viable embryos.... We were always greeted warmly and never rushed. I felt like we were listened to and treated with empathy.
The nurses [at Southern California Reproductive Cetner] were really sweet and helpful but not always easy to get a hold of. I found that their preferred method of communication was email and sometimes that wasn't the best for me.... My appointments were very easy and I was never waiting on people or in a Cattlecall situation. I was in and out in less than 10 minutes every time.... This clinic is probably one of the highest rated clinics in our region. They have a state of the art laboratory and I know they have skilled staff and high standard of quality. There are many clinics locally that are far less expensive but I don't know if they are as good in regards to their laboratory
Ask all of the questions whether they're good or bad. Find out if the money you are spending is being put to good use and if maybe there are better options for you besides IVF.
Are used injectables every night for two weeks. Every other day I went in for ultrasound and blood work. I took Menopur, Gonal-F followed by Ganirrelix and Ovidrel.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Southern California Reproductive Center.
The nurses were really sweet and helpful but not always easy to get a hold of. I found that their preferred method of communication was email and sometimes that wasn't the best for me.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
19k not including meds but including PGD and another 5-6k for FET not including meds.
Santa Barbara

Dr. Surrey was kind and polite. However, he rushed each visit with him and was not very willing to answer questions. He avoided some questions or brushed them off. He did not really explain procedures and risks. I left each appointment with unanswered questions. ... However, with Dr. Surrey, I felt like a number. ... He also did not describe treatment in great detail.
The clinic [SCRC] was great at taking my messages and relaying them back to the team. I was always called back the same day. I liked that the clinic had some hours Saturday mornings. They worked with me and my crazy schedule. ... Maddie [nurse] was very kind and professional. She was very good about notifying me of the treatment plan and updates. She always called back same day, though oftentimes it was end of day. She did have a little difficulty with my prescriptions but communicated everything upfront with me
How was your experience with Mark Surrey at Southern California Reproductive Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Surrey at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Write down all of your questions and make sure you don't leave without them being answered.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Surrey at Southern California Reproductive Center?
The staff at the clinic treated me like a human. However, with Dr. Surrey, I felt like a number. He was very hurried and did not thoroughly answer my questions. He also did not describe treatment in great detail. I had to ask the staff for more information later.
Describe the protocols Mark Surrey used in your cycles at Southern California Reproductive Center and their degree of success.
Letrozole with TI, Clomid with TI, Letrozole and Novarel for IUI, Clomid with Metformin and Prednisone and Novarel for IUI
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Maddie)
Maddie was very kind and professional. She was very good about notifying me of the treatment plan and updates. She always called back same day, though oftentimes it was end of day. She did have a little difficulty with my prescriptions but communicated everything upfront with me
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
The clinic was great at taking my messages and relaying them back to the team. I was always called back the same day. I liked that the clinic had some hours Saturday mornings. They worked with me and my crazy schedule.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Surrey at Southern California Reproductive Center.
$370 for IUI, $19,000 plus meds for IVF
Describe Mark Surrey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Southern California Reproductive Center.
N.a
Santa Barbara

I felt that Dr Surrey was very knowledgeable with what my condition was. He let us know the options we had and also made us feel that if we had any questions or hesitations that we could always call and ask him....I was on birth control at the beginning to regulate my period after I was taking my stimulation’s and that was determined by the ultrasounds and what my levels where at the time which was follistum and menopur. Before my retrieval I was given antibiotics to help with any bacteria infections.
The clinic [SCRC] was great easy to find in Santa Barbara it was clean and the staff was awesome. The front desk always called to confirm appointments and they were on it with all the information. They were also great with emails sometimes it was hard to get down to the clinic so if we were able to do it over email or fax they always made it work for us.... The staff was awesome always made me feel very comfortable and they always made me feel important which is a great feeling when you feel so many emotions.
Make sure to have all your questions written down because he will take the time to answer them but it’s better to be prepared when you meet with him.
The staff is really awesome at the clinic the nurse Maddie always made me feel very comfortable and they all were very professional.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Madilyn Will)
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
The clinic was great easy to find in Santa Barbara it was clean and the staff was awesome. The front desk always called to confirm appointments and they were on it with all the information. They were also great with emails sometimes it was hard to get down to the clinic so if we were able to do it over email or fax they always made it work for us. Just overall great staff.
Around 20,396
He wanted to retrieve the healthy ones and that was his main concern. If I choose multiples then I would have to talk about the chances of having twins.

2015, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Alexander] was amazing. Although our treatments didn't work, she was both a doctor and a friend and a mother to me. I felt safe and loved. I have a severe needle phobia and she did everything I needed. ... I was so defeated when I met her and she gave me such hope. She worked around my phobias and everything she said made sense. She brought me a rose on one of my IUI dates. I felt like I could contact her anytime and she always had time for me.
When I was there, I loved the team [So Cal Repro Center]. The environment was more like a spa setting which I loved. It would be good to meet each of the doctors and the nurses there to get a feel for them. ... That was my dream team [nurses]. ... I believe each IUI was roughly $1,000. I was just on oral meds and the trigger shot, which was about $100. ... She and her nurses did the shots for me; one nurse even came to my house at 10pm!
How was your experience with Carolyn Alexander at Southern California Reproductive Center?
She was truly amazing. I was so defeated when I met her and she gave me such hope. She worked around my phobias and everything she said made sense. She brought me a rose on one of my IUI dates. I felt like I could contact her anytime and she always had time for me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carolyn Alexander at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Be honest with your needs; she is a great listener.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carolyn Alexander at Southern California Reproductive Center?
She was amazing. Although our treatments didn't work, she was both a doctor and a friend and a mother to me. I felt safe and loved. I have a severe needle phobia and she did everything I needed.
Describe the protocols Carolyn Alexander used in your cycles at Southern California Reproductive Center and their degree of success.
She adjusted me to letrozole with dexamethasone. I had never done a trigger shot before due to my needle phobia. She said I could use a smaller needle and that it could be in my butt instead of stomach. She and her nurses did the shots for me; one nurse even came to my house at 10pm!
That was my dream team. The ultrasound tech was a friend from church who prayed for me. The one who took my blood worked around my needle phobia and became a lifelong friend. The coordinator spent countless hours on the phone with me. They were all amazing.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
Many of the personnel there have changed, so I can't comment accurately on the clinic now. When I was there, I loved the team. The environment was more like a spa setting which I loved. It would be good to meet each of the doctors and the nurses there to get a feel for them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Carolyn Alexander at Southern California Reproductive Center.
It's been a long time, but I believe each IUI was roughly $1,000. I was just on oral meds and the trigger shot, which was about $100.
Carolyn Alexander
Santa Barbara

Dr Surrey talked to me like I was stupid, he barely acknowledged my feelings or emotions about test results or diagnosis and didn’t even ask about how I wanted to approach my treatment plan. Cold bedside manner and very impersonal. ... I had a horrible experience with him. Not only did he misdiagnose me but he didn’t do the necessary blood work needed to prove my diagnosis was correct. Because of this misdiagnosis I spent months convinced I had PCOS when I actually didn’t.
They [Southern California Reproductive Center] made me feel like a number and made me feel broken. ... When I switched doctors they failed to send my paperwork over in a timely manner which resulted in my new doctor having to run all the tests over again. ... Everyone [nurses] acted like I was inconveniencing them when I asked questions or tried to be proactive about my treatment. ... I’m still receiving bills from them which only adds insult to injury.
I did one round of Letrozole with Dr Surrey and was so put off by him that I switched doctors.
Everyone acted like I was inconveniencing them when I asked questions or tried to be proactive about my treatment.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
I was very unhappy with the clinic overall so would not recommend them. They made me feel like a number and made me feel broken. I can’t give any strengths because I was so unhappy. I’m still receiving bills from them which only adds insult to injury.
What specific things went wrong at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Southern California Reproductive Center.

LGBTQ+
I don't speak english very well. He [Dr. Rychlik] all time tried to found a interprete for translate. He wont I undertand everything.he is very nice and he tried to help us all time. He felt worried about our diagnostic and tried to foun the bes option for us.... All the time he Spoke clear about our diagnostic.we start with birth control pills and after We use menopur and digonal for almost 2 weeks and 2 days before the retrivial we use cetritide. We got 12 eggs 2 fertilized naturaly and 2 via ICSI.
100 friendly. And they [SCRC] always have a good comunication and help to you feel like you are in a good hands. They help to get hope in we can do our dream true. They are very respectful and they look for rhe. Est treatment for you... [Nurse] He is very nice and very patient She speak english and spanish and always lelp to me no metter she was bussy o not She tried to helpme to get my medications to the best price
I don't speak english very well. He all time tried to found a interprete for translate. He wont I undertand everything.he is very nice and he tried to help us all time. He felt worried about our diagnostic and tried to foun the bes option for us.
The best
I feel like a human because my body was made for give life, but I need help
All the time he Spoke clear about our diagnostic.we start with birth control pills and after We use menopur and digonal for almost 2 weeks and 2 days before the retrivial we use cetritide. We got 12 eggs 2 fertilized naturaly and 2 via ICSI. For the 5 day we got only 2 embryos. We sent to test it but both was a poor quality. My doctor said we can try again bue we are broken. No more money then he said we can try a embryo donnor
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Mónica )
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
100 friendly. And they always have a good comunication and help to you feel like you are in a good hands. They help to get hope in we can do our dream true. They are very respectful and they look for rhe. Est treatment for you
Santa Barbara

He [Dr. Surrey] seems very knowledgeable and explains the process. He listens to the patient and is flexible to accommodate patient needs. I really appreciate not feeling judged and that he just wants to help me reach my goal of having a child. ... He initially recommended IVF because of my age and a previous c-section. However, I was not comfortable with the cost and wanted to try IUI instead and he was willing to accommodate me.
The [Southern California Reproductive Center] are all very responsive, kind and welcoming. I appreciate being treated like a human. The respond to emails and phone calls promptly. Also when they had an upcoming holiday closure during my cycle they made sure to let me know. ... She [nurse] was prompt, a good communicator and willing to explain when I had questions. ... The costs for IUI were reasonable.
He seems very knowledgeable and explains the process. He listens to the patient and is flexible to accommodate patient needs. I really appreciate not feeling judged and that he just wants to help me reach my goal of having a child.
He is wonderful, and seems to be very knowledgeable. If you haven't seen him, do!
He explains the process and his reasoning for what he recommends. He is professional and kind.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Madilynn Wills)
She was prompt, a good communicator and willing to explain when I had questions.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
The are all very responsive, kind and welcoming. I appreciate being treated like a human. The respond to emails and phone calls promptly. Also when they had an upcoming holiday closure during my cycle they made sure to let me know.
Billing insurance for ultrasounds etc. The costs for IUI were reasonable.

2022 - 2023, Unknown Success
Trying to get Dr Surrey to talk to us was difficult, he spoke down to us and tried to push us into treatments without testing if they were necessary...surgery experience was bad... had supposedly discovered this during my surgery months earlier and never told us...be extremely firm and still expect him not to listen.
[At Southern California Reproductive Center] Pam at the front desk was kind and helpful, as was Colleen in ultrasound. The surgical clinic they work with is terrible, and they rush you in and out...did not appreciate the clinic changing it’s protocol for Covid every time, even when I would call ahead to check, so that my husband could never come in with me.
In my consultation Dr Surrey told me they would test both me and my husband. My husband was never allowed in, even though we did everything they told us to do for him to be allowed in (Covid vaccine, negative test, etc.), and Dr Surrey mocked me when I asked to call my husband so he could join the discussions, and then rushed on with the information before I had a chance to call him, so I felt isolated. I had my first ultrasound and they immediately scheduled a laparoscopy to check for/remove endometriosis. The surgery experience was bad. Afterword Dr Surrey had me on birth control pills and Lupron Depot, which I have since discovered most Drs won’t prescribe for anything but cancer because of its negative side effects, and it made me very ill. He gave me the impression that we would run some more tests, but they were going to help me try to conceive naturally, then just before Christmas he told me they were ready to begin the process for IVF whenever I was. We had not discussed that as a necessary treatment. I made him wait until my husband was available to join the conversation, which frustrated Dr Surrey. On the phone he told us that my entire pelvic floor, including my fallopian tubes, do not work at all, so I could and would never get pregnant naturally. They had supposedly discovered this during my surgery months earlier and never told us. We asked if they had performed an HSG, or if they would, because how else could they know my fallopian tubes don’t work. He said they don’t perform HSGs, but if we were going to be stubborn about it they would perform another laparoscopy to go in and explore my tubes, but I was worried about the unnecessary scar tissue and other risks. We also asked when they were going to test my husband, and he informed us that they don’t do that kind of testing, even though he had previously told me he would test my husband. It was at this point my husband and I felt very uncomfortable with Dr Surrey’s care and stopped seeing him. We got a copy of the surgical report from the laparoscopy in September and he wrote in there that my fallopian tubes and pelvic floor appeared normal. I got pregnant the first time we tried after getting off the meds he had me on. We sadly miscarried, but it was due to a chromosomal issue and nothing to do with my body. I’ve since had an HSG performed, and there is nothing wrong with my fallopian tubes, they are perfectly normal.
Find a different Dr, or be extremely firm and still expect him not to listen.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
Pam at the front desk was kind and helpful, as was Colleen in ultrasound. The surgical clinic they work with is terrible, and they rush you in and out. I was still waking up when they told me to get myself dressed and brought me out to my husband who was waiting outside. I threw up several times. They didn’t provide any instruction to take a bowel loosener before surgery and I ended up extremely impacted.
The costs were minimal, but they continuously “forgot” to bill my insurance and sent every bill to me. They also continuously would insist that my insurance wouldn’t cover certain things, like the surgery, lupron depot injections, etc, and would tell me I had to pay them. I thankfully checked with my insurance each time and jumped through a bunch of hoops to get the bills sent to them to pay.
What specific things went wrong at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Most issues were with Dr Surrey himself providing conflicting information regarding my treatments. I did not appreciate the clinic changing it’s protocol for Covid every time, even when I would call ahead to check, so that my husband could never come in with me.

2019 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr Surrey is a very intelligent doctor. He knows this field very well. I am very satisfied with the the type of work he has done on me so far. [He] is very caring and listens to patients concerns...Due to low egg count he upped my meds in order to have the result we need to get a good amount of eggs
Right now the weakness [at SCRC] is answering phones and trying to get a hold of a nurse. When Maddy left you can see a little decline in the communication in that office. I hope they are able to figure it out because they are all good nurses...The monitoring appoints were scheduled but sometimes you would have to wait a few because there were so many patients on certain days...It was close to $20,000 for egg retrieval process which didn’t include medication and the transfer was about $8,000
Dr Surrey is a very intelligent doctor. He knows this field very well. I am very satisfied with the the type of work he has done on me so far. Dr Surrey is very caring and listens to patients concerns
Be opened
Very caring and answered all questions
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Maddie )
When Maddy was my nurse she was always available for every question I had. She was so compassion about my journey I was going through
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
Right now the weakness is answering phones and trying to get a hold of a nurse. When Maddy left you can see a little decline in the communication in that office. I hope they are able to figure it out because they are all good nurses
The monitoring appoints were scheduled but sometimes you would have to wait a few because there were so many patients on certain days but the nurses did there best to ge you in at your appointment time
No he had no comment on any

2021, Successful
Mark Surrey is very straight forward and tells you exactly how it is, no sugar coating. He also let you decide if you wanna transfer more than one embryo, but definitely tells you about all the risks. He’s calm, confident, and good bed side manners...I felt cared for, and enjoyed every interaction I had with both dr. Surrey...Don’t expect to be charmed
The [Southern California Reproductive Center] clinic is very fresh and clean, all the nurses are very professional, they’re sweet and helpful. Parking is also easy, and all the big procedures are done in the same building. Dr. Surrey is also in Beverly Hills so you’ll only see him for the most important meetings or procedures...I felt cared for, and enjoyed every interaction I had with both dr. Surrey and the staff.
Don’t expect to be charmed, he’s honest and straight forward what he things you might need, or need to do.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Madi and Vicky)
They were all varm, happy and very sweet!
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
The clinic is very fresh and clean, all the nurses are very professional, they’re sweet and helpful. Parking is also easy, and all the big procedures are done in the same building. Dr. Surrey is also in Beverly Hills so you’ll only see him for the most important meetings or procedures.
He lets you decide, but will definitely inform you about pros and cons.
2020, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Mark Surrey] was nice and was ready to get started when I was. He was able to get me in for appointments ASAP. I wish he would have elaborated on my labs and about the ovulation & Amh results further...I felt very comfortable in his office...I have not had any treatments yet. He recommended ivf...Also for patients who don’t have insurance I think it’s be good to give them the price of the tests he like to perform before performing.
The clinic [Southern California Reproductive Center] was in a perfect location with perfect parking. The office is cozy. The clinics strengths is their education. They are knowledgeable. They are available at squeezing you in for appointments in a short amount of time...$11,750 for ivf and $3000-8000 for medications...He [Dr. Mark Surrey] was nice and was ready to get started when I was. He was able to get me in for appointments ASAP. I wish he would have elaborated on my labs and about the ovulation & Amh results further...I felt very comfortable in his office...I have not had any treatments yet. He recommended ivf...Also fo
He was nice and was ready to get started when I was. He was able to get me in for appointments ASAP. I wish he would have elaborated on my labs and about the ovulation & Amh results further. Also for patients who don’t have insurance I think it’s be good to give them the price of the tests he like to perform before performing. Other then that I felt very comfortable in his office.
To be more aware of telling patients without insurance what the costs of everything would be.
He made me feel comfortable
I have not had any treatments yet. He recommended ivf.
Very nice
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
The clinic was in a perfect location with perfect parking. The office is cozy. The clinics strengths is their education. They are knowledgeable. They are available at squeezing you in for appointments in a short amount of time.
$11,750 for ivf and $3000-8000 for medications

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Surrey always put me at ease and made me comfortable. I tend to be very impatient and want results immediately, but Dr Surrey helped me to understand the importance of timing through IVF and didn't rush things which led to a successful pregnancy...Dr. Surrey and his entire team really got to know me as a person. They walked me through everything they would be doing, and made sure all my questions and concerns were addressed before doing any proceedure...
Vicky [nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center] is amazing! She always checked in on me and followed up quickly with any concerns I had. She and Michelle (ultrasound tech) are both very compassionate and understanding and are assets to this clinic...Everyone, from receptionist to Dr, get to know you and truly care about your experience with them! Pam at the front desk was always so positive, the nursing staff was knowledgeable and made me feel like I was in the best care possible, and dr Surrey is the best of the best....
Don't hesitate to ask questions! Dr Surrey will always answer you!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Southern California Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Vicky)
Vicky is amazing! She always checked in on me and followed up quickly with any concerns I had. She and Michelle (ultrasound tech) are both very compassionate and understanding and are assets to this clinic
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
Everyone, from receptionist to Dr, get to know you and truly care about your experience with them! Pam at the front desk was always so positive, the nursing staff was knowledgeable and made me feel like I was in the best care possible, and dr Surrey is the best of the best. I cannot say better things about my fantastic experience here.
Santa Barbara

This clinic [Southern California Reproductive Center] is quite expensive but provides excellent care...The entire fresh cycle, including pgs testing and a FET one month later, cost about $20,000...Most of our care was provided by Joan the NP and she was very personable, always friendly and offered a shoulder to cry on if needed...Dr Anderson's clinical results were staggering. He was very upfront with his recommendations and his expectations of our treatment. We chose to follow all of his recommendations and we are another success story to add to his positive results.
How was your experience with Robert Anderson at Southern California Reproductive Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Anderson at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Have a lot of cash.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Anderson at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Describe the protocols Robert Anderson used in your cycles at Southern California Reproductive Center and their degree of success.
Dr Anderson pretty much requires freeze all and pgs testing for all patients. He has an over 80% success rate for FET with single pgs tested embryos. We followed his recommendations and had success.
The nurses were nearly all very sweet. I wasn't assigned to a particular nurse but they all had access to the information in the computer system. Most ultrasounds were handled by Joan the NP as well.
Describe your experience with Southern California Reproductive Center.
This clinic is quite expensive but provides excellent care.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Anderson at Southern California Reproductive Center.
What specific things went wrong at Southern California Reproductive Center?
We had to resign a couple pieces of paperwork because they were misplaced.
Robert Anderson
Burbank (closed)
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
LGBTQ+
Dr. Kalan is very kind and knowledgeable. He had excellent bedside manner and we were never made to feel like any questions we had were "stupid". He did an excellent job of explaining processes and setting expectations.... Dr. Kalan has very warm and welcoming personality and we were made to feel we were in good hands. His follow-through was excellent... My husband and I really enjoyed the clinic. We thought it was very well put together - it was apparent they put a lot of thought into making the office feel warm and welcoming. The space was very clean and comfortable and not too big.
My husband and I really enjoyed the clinic [Southern California Reproductive Center-Burbank]. We thought it was very well put together - it was apparent they put a lot of thought into making the office feel warm and welcoming. The space was very clean and comfortable and not too big... Dr. Kalan is very kind and knowledgeable. He had excellent bedside manner and we were never made to feel like any questions we had were "stupid". He did an excellent job of explaining processes and setting expectations
How was your experience with Marc Kalan at Southern California Reproductive Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Marc Kalan at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Do your part and do research so you can get the most out of your experience. Dr. Kalan is a great doctor and a wealth of knowledge.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Marc Kalan at Southern California Reproductive Center?
Marc Kalan