LGBTQ+ Competent Care
LGBTQ+ Competent Care

Based on reviews from the LGBTQ+ community.

LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

Redwood City
San Francisco - SOMA
425 Mission St
San Francisco, CA 94105

2024, Successful
Dr. Pasternak's thoroughness and dedication to her patients are unparalleled....took the time to explain every step of the process, addressing all my concerns with empathy and clarity...casual banter and genuine interest in my well-being made each visit feel less clinical and more personal
tried to schedule an appointment with Spring Fertility, there was a lot of back and forth, and I didn't receive timely responses...was concerned about trusting them with my embryos if scheduling was already difficult...partner and I felt there were gaps in our knowledge...Amanda Anders was exceptionally helpful and compassionate
How was your experience with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
Dr. Pasternak's thoroughness and dedication to her patients are unparalleled. She took the time to explain every step of the process, addressing all my concerns with empathy and clarity. Her casual banter and genuine interest in my well-being made each visit feel less clinical and more personal. Thanks to Dr. Pasternak's expertise and support, I am overjoyed with the positive results of my fertility treatment. I wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Pasternak to anyone seeking fertility care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
One piece of advice I would give to a patient about to be treated by Dr. Pasternak is to openly communicate and trust in her expertise.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
Dr. Pasternak made me feel like a human through our casual banter and shared connection as we grew up in Connecticut. Additionally, her residency training at Yale New Haven Hospital, under my mom's oncology doctors, who have been treating her recurrent ovarian cancer for the past three decades, strengthened this bond. I immediately felt a connection to her.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility San Francisco. (Assigned nurse: Amanda Anders)
Amanda Anders was exceptionally helpful and compassionate, and it was clear she truly loves her job and helping people. She responded quickly to all my questions and concerns, providing reassurance and support at every step. Her dedication to her patients' well-being and her ability to make you feel comfortable and cared for is truly amazing. I am deeply grateful for her assistance and the positive impact she had on my journey.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility San Francisco.
When I initially tried to schedule an appointment with Spring Fertility, there was a lot of back and forth, and I didn't receive timely responses. This made me consider not going with Spring Fertility, as I was concerned about trusting them with my embryos if scheduling was already difficult. Additionally, my partner and I felt there were gaps in our knowledge. Even when we received our final report with the embryo count and quality, we were confused about how to interpret the results. It was difficult to find information online to help us.

2024, 17 Eggs Frozen
[Dr.] Julia Kim was very professional, courteous, informative, insightful...made sure to manage expectations with me well while answering any and all questions I had...seemed excellent at assessing monitoring appointments...standard protocol of medications and monitoring appointments
Spring [Fertility San Francisco] is 100% wonderful, a true gem. Everything from their facilities, to their team, to their team of doctors, were absolute top notch...They seem to take their jobs very seriously and take pride in their results, which I love. I literally have nothing negative to say
How was your experience with Julia Kim at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
Julia Kim was very professional, courteous, informative, insightful, and made sure to manage expectations with me well while answering any and all questions I had, no matter how extensive. She also seemed excellent at assessing monitoring appointments and giving me very exact expectations to have. I felt 100% taken care of.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Julia Kim at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
Be prepared with the questions you have, be empowered about what you want, and come prepared with a list of what you want known, so you can use her time efficiently and have all of your questions answered.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Julia Kim at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
Julia Kim listened very deeply to any of my concerns or questions, made sure to answer all of them, and was thorough, realistic, and comprehensive in responding. She also did a fantastic job with my monitoring appointments, helping me manage and set expectations the entire way, and gave me a "no surprises" treatment throughout my entire journey doing first-time egg freezing. She was efficient, capable, lent generous levels of expertise, and was generally great to work with.
Describe the protocols Julia Kim used in your cycles at Spring Fertility San Francisco and their degree of success.
She followed a pretty standard protocol of medications and monitoring appointments throughout my cycle, including doses of Menopur, Gonal-F, and a trigger shot, following occasional monitoring appointments that became more regular as my trigger date approached. She did not make me take more medication than needed. She made sure I didn't have to order excessive amounts of medication, either, helping me save on cost.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility San Francisco. (Assigned nurse: Mikayla)
She responded right away, answered all of my questions, and went the extra mile to do phone calls and ensure I was well informed.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility San Francisco.
Spring is 100% wonderful, a true gem. Everything from their facilities, to their team, to their team of doctors, were absolute top notch. Despite being my first time, I left with no hesitancy to do this again with Spring. They seem to take their jobs very seriously and take pride in their results, which I love. I literally have nothing negative to say -- they have it in the bag!
Describe Julia Kim's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility San Francisco.

2023 - 2024, Unknown Success
Dr Zore is incredibly warm, attentive, positive and confident...always made room for my fears and anxiety...left my encounters with her feeling hopeful and empowered...adjusted my protocols for retrievals and transfers after each previous cycle. Each subsequent retrieval or transfer was more successful than the prior one.
[At Spring Fertility San Francisco] Organization is definitely a strength...love the treatment calendars, use of Salve app for medication dosages, coordination with pharmacy and ease of scheduling...transparent finances and good integration between nursing...Nina was always extremely well organized, compassionate and went above and beyond
How was your experience with Temeka Zore at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
I came into Dr. Zore's care with a lot of fear and anxiety. I feel like Dr. Zore has always been super clear about expectations and really delivers results on procedures. She performed a hysteroscopy, saline sonogram, three egg retrievals and one of my transfers and I am always very confident in her abilities. She's also great at listening to any concerns I may have and offering me options that fit my goals rather than what's "industry standard."
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Temeka Zore at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
Don't worry-you're in good hands. Trust the process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Temeka Zore at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
Dr Zore is incredibly warm, attentive, positive and confident. She always made room for my fears and anxiety. I left my encounters with her feeling hopeful and empowered.
Describe the protocols Temeka Zore used in your cycles at Spring Fertility San Francisco and their degree of success.
She adjusted my protocols for retrievals and transfers after each previous cycle. Each subsequent retrieval or transfer was more successful than the prior one.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility San Francisco. (Assigned nurse: Nina)
Nina was always extremely well organized, compassionate and went above and beyond. I started getting really anxious about coming into the city for serial testing after a failed transfer and she did a ton of research to find a lab that could do everything closer to home.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility San Francisco.
Organization is definitely a strength. I love the treatment calendars, use of Salve app for medication dosages, coordination with pharmacy and ease of scheduling. I also like that Drs are always the default providers for monitoring, but NPs are available if you need more flexibility. Also transparent finances and good integration between nursing, dr and finance arms.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Temeka Zore at Spring Fertility San Francisco.
4 egg retrievals (~17k/each), 2 transfers (~6k each), 1 hysteroscopy (~4k), saline sonogram (~2k), meds (~9k)
Describe Temeka Zore's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility San Francisco.
Only transfer one embryo at a time which I like because multiple seems risky and not great evidence.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility San Francisco.
The clinic forgot to call me with results from my hysteroscopy biopsy sample. But the information was available to me through the my account at the lab. It was a normal result and I could access it so I wasn't too worried about it.

2023 - 2024, Unknown Success
3 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. Tran knows the science extremely well...in my early 40's...very straightforward and numbers and statistics-based...was honest with me about the low success rates for a woman my age...he accommodated my wishes and I felt heard...not the warm, fuzzy, hand-holding type - so if you need a lot of emotional support from your doctor, he is not the one for you.
[At Spring Fertility San Francisco] the staff at the front desk are friendly and helpful...could more communicative upfront about the various costs...my experience my nurse and care coordinator were disorganized...sent me the wrong drug protocol initially, ordered a drug for me that I didn't need, didn't warn me that one drug was not covered by my fertility plan
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
Dr. Tran is very straightforward and numbers and statistics-based. He is one of the founders of Spring, has been in this line of work for a long time, and knows the science extremely well. I trusted him fully to design and recommend a treatment plan that would maximize odds of a successful outcome, while he was honest with me about the low success rates for a woman my age (early 40's). In one area where I felt strongly (he wanted to go straight to a transfer using my frozen eggs, and I wanted to do another round or two of retrieval first to try to get a few more embryos), he accommodated my wishes and I felt heard. He was respectful throughout the process. Now Dr. Tran is not the warm, fuzzy, hand-holding type - so if you need a lot of emotional support from your doctor, he is not the one for you. But if you can get this somewhere else and care more about technical excellence, then I do recommend Dr. Tran.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nam Tran at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
Don't expect hand-holding and emotional support from Dr. Tran. He is technically excellent and I absolutely trust that he designs the best protocol for each patient, but he will also share the brutal truth regarding statistics and success rates (even if they are low for your age group or cohort), and not couch it in any language to soften the statistical reality, even if it's discouraging to hear. If you can get emotional support elsewhere and don't need a warm bedside manner, then I think Dr. Tran is excellent.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
Dr. Tran knows the science extremely well and I fully trust him to design the protocol that would maximize the chances that I would get pregnant (I am in my early 40's). There was one area where I felt strongly, and he did make adjustments to the plan of action to accommodate me. He is very numbers and statistics-based and not going to be doing a lot of hand-holding and comforting for people who need that, but he was very respectful and I came to appreciate his no-nonsense, problem-solving approach.
Describe the protocols Nam Tran used in your cycles at Spring Fertility San Francisco and their degree of success.
So far I have done one IVF cycle with Dr. Tran. I had a few eggs frozen at Spring a few years prior. We did a fresh retrieval (only resulted in two eggs), fertilized those and the frozen eggs, and transferred three 3-day embryos. Unfortunately they did not implant and the IVF cycle was unsuccessful, so we will try again.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility San Francisco. (Assigned nurse: Care coordinator and nurse)
While Dr. Tran was great, I did not have a good experience with the supporting staff. They were not very proactive with communication, putting me in the position of having to reach out constantly to get basic information about my protocol and timeline. They sent me the wrong drug protocol initially, ordered a drug for me that I didn't need, didn't warn me that one drug was not covered by my fertility plan (a drug that cost $1100), and generally seemed disorganized, dropping multiple balls. If I hadn't stayed really on top of everything myself (calling them with many questions and clarifications), my treatment either would have slipped or I would have started with a drug protocol that had errors.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility San Francisco.
Overall, I would recommend Spring Fertility. The doctors are great, the staff at the front desk are friendly and helpful, and they have multiple locations throughout the Bay Area to make appointments easier. I do think they could more communicative upfront about the various costs, so you have a better idea of how much a certain procedure will end up costing, all-in. Also, unfortunately in my experience my nurse and care coordinator were disorganized (even sloppy) and not very communicative, which could have turned out badly had I not been super on top of everything myself, calling and following up regularly to get my questions answered and things clarified.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nam Tran at Spring Fertility San Francisco.
Luckily, most of my IVF protocol was covered through my employer, but there was one drug I took that was not included ($1100), there was a $1000 co-pay for the procedure, and about $800 co-pay for the medication.
Describe Nam Tran's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility San Francisco.
Due to my age and hormone levels, Dr. Tran decided to transfer 3 3-day embryos to maximize chances that there would be one good embryo which would implant.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility San Francisco.
The drug protocol initially uploaded into my portal did not include dosages or time (how much and when am I supposed to take the various drugs). When I called to get this information, it took the clinic a couple days to get back to me, at which point I was supposed to be starting the drug regimen. When I finally spoke with my assigned nurse, they had ordered the wrong form of Lupron, so I had to get the pharmacy to rush deliver so I could start the medication that evening. I had missed the last delivery window of the day, but the pharmacy made an exception and did deliver to me anyway. There was also one drug ordered which was not covered by my fertility plan, which neither my nurse nor my care coordinator warned me about, so I had serious sticker shock since it is a very expensive medication (over $1000). There were a couple other dropped balls and miscommunications that made me feel like the nurse and care coordinator were disorganized and a little sloppy.

2023 - 2024, 1 Egg Frozen
Dr. Kim's warm demeanor and genuine care immediately put me at ease...demonstrated great professionalism and expertise...possesses a rare combination of compassion and empathy...Menopur & Follistim to stimulate egg growth. My eggs all grew around the same rate & size...Your time is pretty limited with her, although you can always use the portal to reach out.
From scheduling appointments to accessing medical records and documenting dosage for injections, the portal made managing my healthcare a breeze [at Spring Fertility San Francisco]...impressed by the nursing staff...warm welcome, attentive care, and expertise made my experience exceptional...
How was your experience with Julia Kim at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
Dr. Kim's warm demeanor and genuine care immediately put me at ease during what could have been a stressful time. Throughout my journey, Dr. Kim demonstrated great professionalism and expertise. Her depth of knowledge and attention to detail instilled a great deal of confidence in me, and I trusted her expertise implicitly. Not only is Dr. Kim incredibly skilled in her field, but she also possesses a rare combination of compassion and empathy. She truly understood the emotional rollercoaster that comes with fertility struggles.
Come prepared with questions that you have in every appointment with Dr. Kim. Your time is pretty limited with her, although you can always use the portal to reach out.
I definitely didn't feel like just a number with Dr. Kim. She made sure to answer any questions that I had and took the time to call me to discuss my less than desirable results after my retrieval. All appointments move very quickly, very difficult to get quality time
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Spring Fertility San Francisco.
I'm was impressed by the nursing staff at Spring Fertility. Their warm welcome, attentive care, and expertise made my experience exceptional. They were always very responsive within the online portal and addressed my concerns quickly. Their dedication to personalized, professional care truly stands out, and I'm grateful that they were part of my healthcare journey.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility San Francisco.
I'm very impressed by the modern patient portal & approach with Spring Fertility. From scheduling appointments to accessing medical records and documenting dosage for injections, the portal made managing my healthcare a breeze. appreciated the convenience of being able to communicate with my healthcare team, request prescription refills, and view test results all in one place. The clinic's investment in this technology significantly enhanced my overall experience, and I would highly recommend it to others seeking a streamlined and efficient healthcare solution. All the staff is great and very responsive. My only complaint was sometimes the Finance department was not very responsive when it comes to itemized receipts for reimbursement.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Julia Kim at Spring Fertility San Francisco.
one cycle $9K and medications ~$4K

2023, 13 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Pasternak was very warm and friendly, and broke down the process, medications, and treatment plan in an easy to digest way...never felt like I couldn't reach her if I needed to ask her something or get clarification after one of my appointments...extended my days of injection treatments in order to get me as many eggs to freeze as possible
[Spring Fertility San Francisco] is clean and contemporary...you are never made to wait long at all...billing and financial team, didn't seem quiet as coordinated as the Drs. and nursing team...Erica, all the nursing staff, and front desk were wonderful women to work with...never felt silly for making an extra phone call...always responded extremely quickly
Dr. Pasternak made what can be a daunting and intimidating experience, feel very do-able. She was extremely patient and forthcoming. I never felt that I was taking up too much of her time, or asking too many questions. During my treatment I always felt comfortable with her, and well looked after. When things didn't go quite as expected, I needed a few more additional days of injections, Dr. Pasternak was a very calm and understanding presence. I never felt like I couldn't reach her if I needed to ask her something or get clarification after one of my appointments. I would, and have, recommended working with Dr. Pasternak to any of my friends interested in IVF or other fertility treatments.
Nothing other then you will be in extremely excellent hands! I trusted her completely to get the best results I could given the certain set of circumstances.
Dr. Pasternak was very warm and friendly, and broke down the process, medications, and treatment plan in an easy to digest way. I always felt like she remembered specific details, not just about my treatment, but also about me as a person.
Describe the protocols Monica Pasternak used in your cycles at Spring Fertility San Francisco and their degree of success.
My treatment took place 11 months ago so I don't remember all the specifics. How my body was responding to the injections, required that I have several additional days of injections to get my eggs at the desired size for retrieval. Dr. Pasternak extended my days of injection treatments in order to get me as many eggs to freeze as possible. I believe doing so did have the desired effect.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility San Francisco. (Assigned nurse: Erica)
Erica, all the nursing staff, and front desk were wonderful women to work with. I never felt silly for making an extra phone call, and they always responded extremely quickly. I felt like I had my own personal concierge during the entire treatment. They went above and beyond when there was a hiccup with one of my medications making sure I got what I needed.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility San Francisco.
The clinic is clean and contemporary. Parking in the lot below was always very easy to find a spot. There is a nice waiting room, although you are never made to wait long at all. The billing and financial team, didn't seem quiet as coordinated as the Drs. and nursing team. I am not sure if there was a change in staffing, but it seemed like I was directed to one or two different people. It was all straightened out and straightforward by the time I had my retrieval.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Monica Pasternak at Spring Fertility San Francisco.
Describe Monica Pasternak's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility San Francisco.

2023, 11 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Kim provides quality service and is very trustworthy...felt she could have been a bit more communicative during the follow up visits...often only in the room for a few quick minutes and seemed to be in a rush...needs a bit more hand-holding and is less confident asking medical questions, it might be difficult for them...10 days of injections (Follistim, Ganirelix, and Menopur) with the trigger shot and retrieval. 13 eggs were retrieved and 11 were frozen.
[Spring Fertility San Francisco] is accessible, professional, and inviting. I would definitely recommend it to a new patient...weakness...various aspects of care (medical, nursing, obtaining medications, financial) all felt a bit siloed - I had to communicate with one person for finances, another for medications, etc., and it was a bit confusing...nurses were always available, very communicative, and personable/warm
How was your experience with Julia Kim at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
Dr. Kim provides quality service and is very trustworthy. The only reason I did not score her a 10 is that I felt she could have been a bit more communicative during the follow up visits - she was often only in the room for a few quick minutes and seemed to be in a rush. Overall, I thought my experience was great, but I can imagine that for someone who needs a bit more hand-holding and is less confident asking medical questions, it might be difficult for them.
Be proactive in asking questions (come prepared with the questions you want to ask).
Dr. Kim was both warm and professional. During our initial visit, she made me feel very comfortable and explained everything very thoroughly and clearly. During my subsequent visits, I sometimes felt somewhat like a number because I felt that I often needed to advocate for myself by asking questions about what was happening during that visit, and she was often only in the room for a few minutes. However, I always felt like I could ask her or the nurses questions, and Dr. Kim always answered them very clearly and well. During the egg retrieval procedure, she did very much put me at ease and made the process as comfortable as possible.
I believe I had a very standard egg retrieval process - 10 days of injections (Follistim, Ganirelix, and Menopur) with the trigger shot and retrieval. 13 eggs were retrieved and 11 were frozen.
The nurses were always available, very communicative, and personable/warm. Because I interacted with them more than with the doctor, I felt very much at ease during the whole process.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility San Francisco.
The clinic is accessible, professional, and inviting. I would definitely recommend it to a new patient. The one weakness I would say is that the various aspects of care (medical, nursing, obtaining medications, financial) all felt a bit siloed - I had to communicate with one person for finances, another for medications, etc., and it was a bit confusing.
I believe the total cost came out to ~$13,000, which I paid upfront and had reimbursed through Carrot.

2023, Successful
During our first consult Dr. Tran answered our questions thoroughly, and was knowledgeable about my husband's genetic condition and male factor infertility...I have a higher BMI, which some clinics take issue with for an egg retrieval cycle even though I am otherwise healthy, but Dr. Tran promised not to shortchange me just for that reason and he kept his promise...[he] was also able to work with us to start our first egg retrieval cycle within a couple of weeks of our initial consult,
From the very first phone call we made to Spring to book a consultation, we found the staff to warm, knowledgeable, and always willing to help. The clinic has excellent communication, abundant appointment availability, and modern facilities. From our first to last interaction with the clinic, my husband and I felt cared for and taken care of by the Spring staff...has their own app that they use for a lot of clinic communication--it is very convenient
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
My husband and I met with Dr. Tran to get a second opinion after a disheartening meeting with a different fertility clinic where we were told we would be lucky if we got a single embryo from a retrieval cycle, and after a failed male fertility related surgery at another clinic. During our first consult Dr. Tran answered our questions thoroughly, and was knowledgeable about my husband's genetic condition and male factor infertility, in general. Dr. Tran easily answered questions that other doctors had struggled to or were unable to answer at previous appointments. I have a higher BMI, which some clinics take issue with for an egg retrieval cycle even though I am otherwise healthy, but Dr. Tran promised not to shortchange me just for that reason and he kept his promise throughout the process. In our first meeting, Dr. Tran gave us direct, unfiltered information about our fertility prognosis, as well as our odds of conceiving via IVF. We left our initial consult with Dr. Tran feeling better than we had after meeting with any other doctor because Dr. Tran was so knowledgeable, confident, and direct in his communication. Dr. Tran was also able to work with us to start our first egg retrieval cycle within a couple of weeks of our initial consult, which fit into our tight work schedules and allowed us to take the time off work we needed. At every appointment Dr. Tran was efficient, thorough, and answered our questions as needed. My husband and I found the confidence Dr. Tran had in our case and in our chances of success to be comforting. After a successful retrieval cycle, multiple highly graded embryos were frozen (enough for at least 2 children), and we had our first FET approximately 8 weeks after our first consultation with Dr. Tran. Our first FET was successful, and Dr. Tran confirmed our pregnancy at a follow-up ultrasound appointment. My husband and I are now expecting our first child, and plan to return to Dr. Tran and Spring when it is time for our second child. My husband and I are forever grateful that we decided to get a second opinion with Dr. Tran and for the work he did to get our family to this point.
Come prepared with your questions because Dr. Tran can and will answer them directly.
I felt like Dr. Tran and his staff were informed about the unique needs and situation of my husband and I. Dr. Tran and the Spring staff answered our questions thoroughly, remembered details about us, and accommodated our difficult scheduling needs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility San Francisco. (Assigned nurse: Allison)
Nurse Allison was incredible! She was very accessible via phone or the app (Spring has their own app that they use for a lot of clinic communication--it is very convenient) any time we had questions or concerns. We consistently felt like Allison went above and beyond for us every time we needed something (no matter how big or small) or had a pressing concern. She was kind, patient, and compassionate during a very vulnerable time for us, and we couldn't be more grateful for that! We felt like she genuinely cared about our success throughout this process.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility San Francisco.
Because of the grade of our embryos, the number of usable embryos we had, our age, and PGT testing results, a single embryo was transferred during our FET.

2022, Successful
How was your experience with Temeka Zore at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
Dr Temeka Zora is straightforward, sharp, confident, and well-spoken. I immediately felt a sense of trust with her on the medical side of things. At our first visit she explained things in a very basic way and was happy to go into more detail in areas I was curious about. She also calmly and compassionately held space for my anxieties around the egg retrieval process, which is something I've found many medical practitioners unable to do.
I might give someone advice about the egg retrieval process in general—to make sure they have a comfortable home space, a support system in place, some time off work if possible. I have only positive things to say about Dr. Temeka Zore.
Dr Temeka Zore has a very grounded, calm, warm bedside manner. Though she's seeing patients quickly throughout the day, I never felt like she was rushing through our appointments. She delivered medical information to me directly and took the time to ask whether I had questions or concerns, both on the medical and the emotional side of things. I felt like she was genuinely invested in a successful egg retrieval for me and was also authentically invested in doing whatever she could to help me feel as comfortable and supported throughout the process as possible. I went through egg retrieval as a single person, in a city I wasn't currently living in—it could have been a very lonely, challenging experience but Dr Zore made me feel like I was in extremely capable, comforting hands. I truly can't recommend her and the entire staff at Spring Fertility highly enough. I am so, so grateful to all of them.
I don't remember specifics about my treatment strategies, but throughout my retrieval cycle Dr Zore continued to discover more follicles at each visit, and ultimately more eggs were retrieved than we even thought possible. I was initially hoping for 14 healthy eggs at best based on my initial ultrasound, and throughout the process we were tracking 19-21 healthy eggs. Ultimately Dr Zore was able to retrieve and freeze 27 healthy eggs!
Like every single person I interacted with at Spring, the nurses made an effort to connect with me on a human level, checking in about my physical and emotional needs. I never felt rushed by them, which is important to me as someone who really hates having blood drawn. They were extremely kind!
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility San Francisco.
Again, I have only positive things to say about my experience at Spring, from start to finish. My first interactions were with a care coordinator, a wonderful person who helped me understand how the next month would go—what medications I needed to order, when to take them, how to measure my ovulation, how the timing of the rest of the month might go. This person was so communicative, patient, kind, and warm and reassured me that I'd made the right choice to go with Spring. I was told ahead of time that although my doctor was Temeka Zore, there may be times when I would need to see other doctors. This happened a few times, but I never felt like I was being handed off to someone else or like Temeka Zore wasn't still fully invested in my care (it was a day or two when she was off).
The total cost of my egg retrieval, including a nurse concierge service that administered my shots, medications, and the cost of accommodation during the whole cycle was $15,250.

2022, 13 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Zore was always warm, kind and knowledgeable and was ready to answer any questions I had. She really made me feel like an individual, even though her schedule was no doubt very busy....always enthusiastic, compassionate and professional. I did 1 round of egg freezing with Dr. Zore and she chose a great protocol for me, with no side effects, easy retrieval and she even took the time for a post-retrieval consultation. As I had a great response, she was mindful of OHSS risks and gave me a Lupron only trigger, which I thought was really thoughtful...
Christine was my primary nurse [at Spring Fertility] and she was really friendly, organised and responsive. She would email and call after monitoring appointments, help co-ordinate with the pharmacy and send helpful reminders for important timings. I really appreciated that she was just a call or email away if I had any questions. Catherine was my patient co-ordinator and she was great. She prepared a calendar for me before the process started and was also available to answer questions in a knowledgeable and approachable way...
How was your experience with Temeka Zore at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
I had an amazing experience with Dr. Zore, who was always enthusiastic, compassionate and professional. I did 1 round of egg freezing with Dr. Zore and she chose a great protocol for me, with no side effects, easy retrieval and she even took the time for a post-retrieval consultation. As I had a great response, she was mindful of OHSS risks and gave me a Lupron only trigger, which I thought was really thoughtful. I would highly recommend Dr. Zore!
If you have any questions, go ahead and ask Dr. Zore, because she will make sure to answer in a clear and friendly way.
I had a standard protocol with Gonal-F and Menopur, and then Ganerelix antagonist from day 6 onwards. Lupron only trigger because I had a high response rate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility San Francisco. (Assigned nurse: Christine)
Christine was my primary nurse and she was really friendly, organised and responsive. She would email and call after monitoring appointments, help co-ordinate with the pharmacy and send helpful reminders for important timings. I really appreciated that she was just a call or email away if I had any questions. Catherine was my patient co-ordinator and she was great. She prepared a calendar for me before the process started and was also available to answer questions in a knowledgeable and approachable way. The various other nurses I saw for monitoring appointments and the retrieval day were also excellent, very sweet and gentle and put you at ease. My anesthesiologist Jonathan on retrieval day was also great, explaining everything in a calm and reassuring manner, which meant a lot to me because I had never gone under anesthesia before.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility San Francisco.
Spring Fertility is an excellent place that I would highly recommend. The doctors are highly trained and professional, and also have a great bedside manner, which I think is really important for anyone navigating a likely unfamiliar process. All my appointments were super punctual and efficient, which was great. Blood draws and ultrasounds altogether took no more than 10-15 minutes, and if the appointment was for a blood draw only, then it took less than 5 minutes. I also liked the fact that your main doctor who has cared for you throughout is also the one performing the retrieval surgery, ensuring continuity of care. The facilities at Spring Fertility are modern and clean, and at the same time very comfortable, making you feel relaxed and calm. I really liked the little touches too, from the breakfast bars for after your blood draws, to the warmed clothes and blankets and the cute chocolates they give you for retrieval day. There are two locations in San Francisco and both are centrally located and easy to reach. Appointments can be scheduled early in the morning before work and they are also open on weekends to continue with any monitoring appointments.
Around US$8,700 for the egg retrieval procedure + around US$3,200 for the medications.

2022, Unsuccessful
I have less issue with Julia Kim and more issue with Spring Fertility itself...I was over stimulated in the cycle (25 days long), no in depth hormone workup was ever done to identify why I was suffering infertility...At the end of the cycle, my eggs stopped growing...resulting in no embryos. I don't blame Spring for not getting Embryos, but I am unsatisfied with the protocol they chose for my condition, which may have resulted in a different outcome...
Spring did not customize a treatment plan for me and looking back, feels like they used a one-size-fits-all treatment plan for woman my age...At the end of the experience, Spring did send me another patients genetic screening by accident, which caused lots of confusion...I absolutely loved the nursing staff and care coordinators at Spring...I didnt even realize I felt like I was treated "like a number" until meeting with my next dr...
How was your experience with Julia Kim at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
I have less issue with Julia Kim and more issue with Spring Fertility itself. It has grown way too big too quickly and they do not give you custom health care treatment. The nurses were amazing and I loved working with them. My new dr, who happens to be the president of the board of woman's fertility health in the US, based out of UCSF, advised me that the treatment plan was not the right plan for someone with my condition. I was over stimulated in the cycle (25 days long), no in depth hormone workup was ever done to identify why I was suffering infertility (Spring didnt care about getting to the cause of the problem). At the end of the cycle, my eggs stopped growing, which should have probably called to cancel the cycle, but we retrieved resulting in no embryos. I don't blame Spring for not getting Embryos, but I am unsatisfied with the protocol they chose for my condition, which may have resulted in a different outcome. Spring stimulated me as if I was a 25 year old with 30 follicles. I'm 32, with 5 follicles. The protocol should have been different.
Get multiple opinions before choosing to work with Spring.
To me,. bedside manner is the least important thing to me. I didnt even realize I felt like I was treated "like a number" until meeting with my next dr at UCSF. Spring did not customize a treatment plan for me and looking back, feels like they used a one-size-fits-all treatment plan for woman my age. The advice of my new doctor was they the protocol was designed for someone with a completely different situation and someone with diminished ovarian reserve shouldnt have been on the treatment plan Spring had me on.
My treatment started with birth control and stim suppressants. Followed by 5 days of clomid. (My body didnt respond to clomid because the birth control affected my body to much.) Then they started me on Gonal F (low dose) slowly increasing my dose daily as my body was still not responding to stimulation after the birth control. Finally as I got closer to 10mm diameter, After 9 days of Gonal, they added Menopure, followed by trigger on day 25 after my follicles reached and plateaued at 18mm for 2 days.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility San Francisco.
I absolutely loved the nursing staff and care coordinators at Spring. The communication and service was tenfold better than the coordination at UCSF.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility San Francisco.
Strengths: Availability, Nursing Staff, Coordination Staff Weakness: Customized Treatment Plans. It felt like Spring did not care about solving your infertility problem they just cared about getting you into an IVF cycle.
Retrieval was ~$15k Meds were $5k
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility San Francisco.
At the end of the experience, Spring did send me another patients genetic screening by accident, which caused lots of confusion at UCSF. Luckily UCSF caught the error without the need for additional screening.

2022, Successful
My experience as a patient with Dr Zore was 100% positive. Obviously going through fertility treatment can be stressful and anxiety ridden, but Dr Zore made it positive due to her authenticity, confidence and competence. I always felt that Dr Zore knew what she was doing, and that I was not just another number, I was a human with real emotions, dreams and fears. I would recommend Dr Zore to anyone who is looking for a best in class doctor!
Spring is very organized, efficient, and thorough. We looked into other fertility clinics and did not perceive they were on par with the the level of organization or rigor that Spring has. Everything from their technology, treatment plans, communication, doctors, and nurses is top notch...Everyone at Spring was so happy for me after I became pregnant. The nursing/patient care team really completed the entire experience at Spring, and I could see that Spring puts a premium on holistic care.
How was your experience with Temeka Zore at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
I would just tell the patient to ask all questions on their mind because Dr Zore welcomes that and will take the time to answer them, as well as have confidence in Dr Zore as she is highly skilled and knows what she is doing.
Dr Zore is personable, warm, and extremely knowledgable. In the first meeting, she took the time to ensure all of our questions were answered, and laid out what the treatment plan would look like. I felt an instant connection to Dr Zore and immediately knew we wanted to proceed with her.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility San Francisco. (Assigned nurse: Nina, Michelle Chicas, Emily)
The nurse and care coordinator were very attentive and excellent. Michelle Chicas was my care coordinator and this was a time when I was very anxious to get the ball rolling and complete everything quickly and in an efficient manner. I often had questions or concerns that I raised to Michelle, and Michelle was always patient, gracious, and understanding. She was absolutely an excellent care coordinator. Nina was my nurse, and although I never met her in person, she was very lovely as well. She was attentive, thorough, and always answered my questions in a timely manner. Everyone at Spring was so happy for me after I became pregnant. The nursing/patient care team really completed the entire experience at Spring, and I could see that Spring puts a premium on holistic care.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility San Francisco.
My insurance paid for these costs.

2020 - 2022, Unsuccessful
He's [Dr. Tran] smart and a well experienced doctor for sure, however, I felt he was too busy for me, not available to communicate after FET failed. I had to wait one month to talk to him after FET failed. During stimulation, only his coordinator is available to send message to doctor for questions I have...transfers one pgt passed embryo...I got that impressions that the coordinator covers the doctor for all Q&A. I'm not sure even she actually asks questions to the doctor before she send a response email...
It;s very hard to get an appointment [at Spring Fertility] for sure. not only for the first initial consulting also for Baseline to start stimulation. BECAUSE the clinic protocol is that baseline appointments are only available on Wednesday or Thursday. I don't know how that works for all patients. if your period starts on Thursday, your earliest baseline appointment is the following Wednesday which is your CD7 to start stimulation. This is what I heard from the coordinator, Michelle...
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
He's smart and a well experienced doctor for sure, however, I felt he was too busy for me, not available to communicate after FET failed. I had to wait one month to talk to him after FET failed. During stimulation, only his coordinator is available to send message to doctor for questions I have.
well... if you're okay with not seeing and not communication with your doctor, but someone else who works for him, then you will be fine.
Dr. Tran is too busy to expand the clinic all over other locations. Never connected for any questions and answers
mid luteal start antagonist protocol. Gonal F 225 iu and Menopur 150 iu to start
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility San Francisco. (Assigned nurse: Coordinator= Michelle)
Nurse follows up any medications changes after monitoring visit. All other communications is through the coordinator, Michelle. I got that impressions that the coordinator covers the doctor for all Q&A. I'm not sure even she actually asks questions to the doctor before she send a response email
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility San Francisco.
The clinic is pretty clean and neat. this is all I can think of any positive. It;s very hard to get an appointment for sure. not only for the first initial consulting also for Baseline to start stimulation. BECAUSE the clinic protocol is that baseline appointments are only available on Wednesday or Thursday. I don't know how that works for all patients. if your period starts on Thursday, your earliest baseline appointment is the following Wednesday which is your CD7 to start stimulation. This is what I heard from the coordinator, Michelle
finance team takes care of all billing stuff
Dr. Tran transfers one pgt passed embryo

2017 - 2022, Successful
LGBTQ+
I trust him [Dr. Tran] as my doctor because he is very smart, not salesy at all, and doesn't sugar-coat anything whatsoever...I don't enjoy being his patient, however, because he has zero affect. He answers questions with the minimum response possible and doesn't elaborate on his reasoning, so I have to ask many follow-up questions in order get basic information. I find every interaction with him stressful. My trust in him is in spite of these very difficult interpersonal experiences, which I choose to put aside because he's always gotten me good results.
It is always difficult to get ahold of the nurses [at Spring Fertility] via phone or email...runs on time, efficient and organized...Failed to obtain the results we needed to review during a consult, resulting in a wasted consult fee. Failed to order enough medications leading me to run out of medications multiple times. Failed to order bloodwork which caused me to have to have to delay lab work I needed....
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
We have been with Dr. Tran for 7 years and followed him to Spring from UCSF. I trust him as my doctor because he is very smart, not salesy at all, and doesn't sugar-coat anything whatsoever. These are really rare qualities in a physician. I don't enjoy being his patient, however, because he has zero affect. He answers questions with the minimum response possible and doesn't elaborate on his reasoning, so I have to ask many follow-up questions in order get basic information. I find every interaction with him stressful. My trust in him is in spite of these very difficult interpersonal experiences, which I choose to put aside because he's always gotten me good results.
Ask open-ended questions, and "what would you recommend, given X" questions. Avoid closed-ended (yes/no) questions.
His bedside manner is robotic
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility San Francisco. (Assigned nurse: Onjira)
Nurse Onjira was compassionate and thorough. There were other nurses in the past (can't remember their names) who made some mistakes on the calendar, but Onjira was more careful. It is always difficult to get ahold of the nurses via phone or email, but that's been the case at all 4 clinics we've been to.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility San Francisco.
Strengths: runs on time, efficient and organized. Appointments are extremely fast and yet everyone is friendly. Weaknesses: it's really expensive, and I'd prefer they spent less of my money on waiting room snacks and post-FET flowers (really don't like those). Good to know: They are excellent at collecting payment promptly and at communicating their fees.
$10,000 egg retrieval in 2017 $4,475 frozen embryo transfer in 2022
Extremely strong preference for SET even when the embryos were of very poor quality. For example, he refused to transfer two CC-graded embryos together because of the risk of twins, despite the extremely low baseline likelihood of pregnancy.

2021 - 2022, Successful
[Dr. Kim is] extremely well-trained, smart, communicative, and warm...Dr. Kim is efficient (she has many patients), and if you don't have questions, she will be out the door before you know it. On the contrary, if you have questions, she will slow down and answer your questions thoroughly. She is extremely patient, so don't be afraid to ask her to repeat things if you don't understand, or feel confused....
my nurse Bridget [at Spring Fertility] was extremely responsive (via email and phone), and answered all my questions and concerns, and was with me every single step of the way. Truly the patient coordinators and nurses are probably what makes Spring really special and unique – it's VERY high-touch. They run the clinic like CLOCK-WORK which means you will be seen ON TIME...they over-communicate and tell you what to expect every step of the way...
How was your experience with Julia Kim at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
Dr. Kim, who has come from top medical schools on the East Coast was EXCELLENT, extremely well-trained, smart, communicative, and warm. The thing to know about Spring – they are the most scientifically rigorous which means they will err on the side of being conservative, and really increase all possible chances for you to have a successful IVF cycle. They do not employ practices unless they have been extremely well reviewed and replicated (for example, I wanted to do a blood test to see if I had endometriosis, and Dr. Kim said this specific diagnostic test was simply not reliable enough, even though other Dr.'s I had seen at other clinics suggested doing the test). I trusted her opinion and could see that the standards at Spring were much more elevated than other places (which is reflected in their success outcomes, as documented by the CDC). More importantly, after our first egg retrieval, Dr. Kim felt the results were OK (long story short, the embryos developed a little slowly), but not as great as they could be , and offered two tangible, scientifically reliable ways to tweak the protocol on the second round (surely enough, they worked and we ended up with higher quality embryos including an AA which we subsequently transferred and is now the baby in my womb!). Dr. Kim also consults with Dr. Tran (one of the founding docs, who multiple acupuncturists have told me is the best RE in the Bay Area, and has 20-30+ years of experience) about her cases. I loved this collaborative spirit at Spring, as having the eyes and expertise of multiple doctors on your case is a great added benefit. In a nutshell, I can't recommend Dr. Kim enough!
Come prepared with questions ahead of time. Dr. Kim is efficient (she has many patients), and if you don't have questions, she will be out the door before you know it. On the contrary, if you have questions, she will slow down and answer your questions thoroughly. She is extremely patient, so don't be afraid to ask her to repeat things if you don't understand, or feel confused.
Dr. Julia Kim was warm, friendly, communicative, and took the time to explain things thoroughly and answer all our questions. She was patient and kind.
My husband and I (both 35) tried to get pregnant for over a year, and it wasn't happening. Spring Fertility diagnosed us with tubal factor. After two egg retrievals, and one transfer, we now have six embryos including one that that has made us PREGNANT (yay!). As mentioned earlier, we started off with a basic baseline protocol (mid-follicular), which yielded good results. We yielded three BB euploids, but they had each developed slowly over 7 days instead of 5-6, which isn't ideal and we wanted to feel a little more cushion just in case, so we signed up for a second round. Dr. Kim tweaked the second round: (1) We did a mid-luteal protocol instead and (2) We dipped the eggs in calcium after retrieval, and as a result, we yielded three higher-quality euploids (AA, AB, BB) that developed in a more timely manner (5-6 days). Ultimately, we transferred the AA and I'm now pregnant! I'm also relieved to know I have five embroyos frozen for second baby in the future. Dr. Kim felt the results were OK , but not as great as they could be , and offered two tangible, scientifically reliable ways to tweak the protocol on the second round (surely enough, they worked and we ended up with higher quality embryos including an AA which we subsequently transferred and is now the baby in my womb!)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility San Francisco. (Assigned nurse: Bridget)
Besides the scientific rigor (which will lead to better outcomes), I've NEVER had such a smooth and seamless patient care experience in my life with engaging with the medical system. Obviously, this is a private fertility clinic, but they really have service design down, and my nurse Bridget was extremely responsive (via email and phone), and answered all my questions and concerns, and was with me every single step of the way. Truly the patient coordinators and nurses are probably what makes Spring really special and unique – it's VERY high-touch. They run the clinic like CLOCK-WORK which means you will be seen ON TIME. An extremely punctual and organized place. I think this is because they have cracked having multiple teams (patient coordination vs. finance vs. medical record vs. doctors vs. nurses) and there is less overlap between these teams as there are in other clinics (where a receptionist is also the nurse, and also the person giving you financial quotes). There were so many nice touches during my egg retrieval, a warm blanket, a massage chair, and some chocolates at the end, I felt like I was at a spa! Another really great aspect of their service design is how they over-communicate and tell you what to expect every step of the way. It's not vague, like we'll get you the results in a "few days" - No, they give you a specific breakdown, Day 1, you will know how many mature eggs, Day 2, you will see fertilization rate, etc. coupled with daily calls from nurses so you understand your progress, and you're not dying of anxiety.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility San Francisco.
Clinics strengths: organized, efficient, clean, punctual, high-touch, great service design, separate teams that work together, take in feedback, and delightful touches (warm blanket, chocolates, etc.) Clinic's weaknesses: Spring is slightly more premium than other clinics, in terms of pricing, so that may make it less accessible to others.
$50,000 for everything (two retrievals + a transfer)

2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Tran is a great doctor. He doesn't sugar coat things or tell you what you may want to hear but he was the most upfront and straightforward IVF doctor I worked with. I appreciated that because after a while you just want to know what you're dealing with and if there is even a chance...[he] used a "demi halt" protocol. It involved priming with Lupron for about two weeks, then going in for monitoring when day 1 of my cycle started. At that point I then started the stimulation medications: Gonal F, Menopur, Omnitrope
Spring is very good about calling on the promised days after egg retrieval to give you an update on the embryos and their progression...The nurses were sweet and I felt well cared for during the monitoring and the egg retrieval...One weakness I found with Spring was their billing department would email me a month or so after we had completed the treatment with surprise bills that weren't included in what we thought was our final bill.
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
Dr. Tran is a great doctor. He doesn't sugar coat things or tell you what you may want to hear but he was the most upfront and straightforward IVF doctor I worked with. I appreciated that because after a while you just want to know what you're dealing with and if there is even a chance. I know of a few ladies who have worked with him who are in their late 30s and early 40s who have had success and that is why I decided to go to him for IVF my third round.
Ask all of your questions whenever you have time with him. He's super busy as any sought after doctor would be. Write them down ahead of time and ask them when you are at the consult or when he's at your monitoring appointment. His team is available via email but it's always best to get the info straight from him.
I felt like I was not treated just as a mere number. But I also wasn't receiving tons of time, which is understandable. This is the third clinic I have been to and they all operate similarly. Doctors and nurses are busy with patients and you only get the amount of time you get.
Dr. Tran used a "demi halt" protocol. It involved priming with Lupron for about two weeks, then going in for monitoring when day 1 of my cycle started. At that point I then started the stimulation medications: Gonal F, Menopur, Omnitrope
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility San Francisco.
The clinic is good. I think the provider and feeling confident in the provider's abilities are key. Once you feel good about your doctor, most everything else is additional. One weakness I found with Spring was their billing department would email me a month or so after we had completed the treatment with surprise bills that weren't included in what we thought was our final bill. This happened twice. The first time, I was frustrated but fine with it. The second time, I felt like they should have gotten it together.
I don't have fertility benefits. All in for one egg retrieval cycle I probably paid about 18k-20k. That included the medication package.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility San Francisco.
Spring is very good about calling on the promised days after egg retrieval to give you an update on the embryos and their progression. One time during the very last day (day 6 I believe) we were waiting for critical information and usually the nurse called by a certain time. That time passed and the clinic was closed so I called and left a voicemail. Luckily she called me back not long after.

2021 - 2022, 6 Eggs Frozen
LGBTQ+
Dr. Kim was warm, addressed both me and my partner during the initial consultation, recognized my life context during the egg freezing process and asked about / worked with my scheduling constraints...easy to get in contact with throughout my treatment. When things did not go as planned, she explained the adjustments she recommended and the rationale for them. She has a great bedside manner...
Communication from the care team [at Spring Fertility] was always very clear, whether over email or over the phone. They were also very helpful when I had question...Nice clinic, spacious rooms, exam rooms all have a large screen in front of the exam table that projects the ultrasound so that you can see what the doctor sees. The clinic is well organized and well run.
How was your experience with Julia Kim at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
My experience with Dr. Kim was great. She took the time to answer all my questions thoughtfully, and was easy to get in contact with throughout my treatment. When things did not go as planned, she explained the adjustments she recommended and the rationale for them. She has a great bedside manner, and addressed both me and my partner during my initial consultation, which I appreciated. When I had questions about family planning with a same sex partner, she was very knowledgeable and I felt very comfortable asking her these questions. She did all but one of my ultrasounds and came in on her weekend off to do my retrieval. Overall a great experience!
Your care team can help answer questions you might have, and you can always let them know you would like to speak with Dr. Kim if you have additional questions so they can book you a phone visit with her.
Had a luteal phase, progesterone priming, then down regulation cycle with an agonist. Each time there was a change in approach, Dr. Kim discussed the rationale and why she recommended it, which was very helpful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility San Francisco. (Assigned nurse: Bridget )
Communication from the care team was always very clear, whether over email or over the phone. They were also very helpful when I had question. I once sent an email after hours with a question about medications, expecting it wouldn't be answered right away, and my patient navigator Catherine sent me a reply because she was still in the office and wanted to make sure I was informed before taking my medication that night!
$8,750 for an egg freezing cycle

2021 - 2022, Successful
She [Dr. Pasternak] was kind and showed a high level of emotional intelligence, while also being realistic and clear about the IVF processes and chances for success...a great combination of caring and scientifically competent...her approach was far more holistic and she did not make any recommendations until we had a long meeting where she got to know me, my husband, and our goals, and had done preliminary bloodwork. Throughout the process Dr. Pasternak was in touch with us and she was the one doing the main procedures - the retrievals and the transfer
They [nurses at Spring Fertility] were always prompt in answering questions and providing updates on my protocol. Spring really is a well-oiled machine. Also, HUGE shout out to Dr. Pasternak's NP, Audrey. I saw Audrey for many monitoring appointments and she is incredibly kind and caring...Spring is a very concierge clinic - you always feel well taken care of and paid attention to...sometimes the monitoring appointments felt a bit rote - you're in and out. But that's going to be the case anywhere and frankly is respectful to the time of working individuals.
Dr. Pasternak was the second doctor that we consulted regarding fertility treatments. I felt that the first was pushing IVF on us and kept referencing our "great insurance coverage," which made me feel like I couldn't trust the advice simply because the clinic wanted business. While Dr. Pasternak's conclusion on a treatment plan was the same as the first doctor - i.e. go straight to IVF - her approach was far more holistic and she did not make any recommendations until we had a long meeting where she got to know me, my husband, and our goals, and had done preliminary bloodwork. Throughout the process Dr. Pasternak was in touch with us and she was the one doing the main procedures - the retrievals and the transfer. Her ability to explain how the process worked, what she was looking for in my monitoring appointments, and the odds of success helped demystify the process. I am now at the end of my first trimester following our first frozen embryo transfer and have officially "graduated" from Spring. My only sadness is that I wish Dr. Pasternak could be my OB as well!
Don't be scared to ask questions. Dr. Pasternak is very patient and takes the time to answer all questions. During the first of my two egg retrievals I felt that my monitoring appointments were fairly quick and I didn't fully understand what the doctor was looking for but at the same time, I didn't ask! I became more assertive during the second round and felt that I understood the process better. People going through IVF often go through multiple rounds and the doctors/nurses may not always remember that you may be in the dark about things, so remember to speak up.
Bedside manner is extremely important to me and the first doctor I saw simply did not have the ability to connect that I needed. Dr. Pasternak was the perfect fit right from the start. She was kind and showed a high level of emotional intelligence, while also being realistic and clear about the IVF processes and chances for success. Too often it's a blunt and competent doctor or someone who is kind but perhaps not straightforward and Dr. Pasternak is a great combination of caring and scientifically competent.
I underwent two egg retrievals with what i believe is a fairly traditional protocol. Before injections I took birth control for a few days then had my baseline ultrasound. Did hormone injections of Gonal-F and Menopur. Added a third injection closer to trigger. They tell you that injections can last between 10-14 days. Both of mine were on the longer end. Then did the egg retrieval followed by freezing and PGA testing. The first round we retrieved 5 eggs, 3 made it to the blastocyst stage, and 1 was genetically normal. In the second round we retrieved 8 eggs, 5 made it to the blastocyst stage, and 3 were genetically normal. I did a frozen embryo transfer in January 2022, which was successful and am currently at the end of my first trimester.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility San Francisco. (Assigned nurse: Dana/Emily)
Dana and Emily were the two nurses that I interacted with the most on Dr. Pasternak's team. Because my retrievals occurred during COVID, I think they were off-site often so most of our communication was through email and Spring's patient portal. They were always prompt in answering questions and providing updates on my protocol. Spring really is a well-oiled machine. Also, HUGE shout out to Dr. Pasternak's NP, Audrey. I saw Audrey for many monitoring appointments and she is incredibly kind and caring. I looked forward to getting to catch up with her during my appointments.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility San Francisco.
Spring is a very concierge clinic - you always feel well taken care of and paid attention to. If anything, I feel a bit spoiled and am concerned that the level of care that i'll receive during my pregnancy may not live up to the same level of service I've been used to during the fertility process. In order to provide that level of service, they are pricey, but do accept insurance. Can't really think of many weaknesses - only thing I'd say is that sometimes the monitoring appointments felt a bit rote - you're in and out. But that's going to be the case anywhere and frankly is respectful to the time of working individuals.
I am fortunate to have great insurance though my husband's workplace that covered the vast majority of the costs of my treatments. Because of that I can't say that the cost associated with the procedures/medications were, but I know it's a fairly heavy amount (not unique to Spring, just how fertility treatments are anywhere).
I believe that Dr. Pasternak and Spring only do single embryo transfers. That's what I presumed my husband and I would do anyways.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Investor
[Spring Fertility] Very nice offices, though an annoying place to park (very tight garage). They have a lot of different "teams". Since we were using a gestational carrier, there was the doctor + nursing team, the finance team, the gestational carrier team, etc. They seemed fairly coordinated, but it was a lot of names to keep track of. They use a standard email (like Klatsky team), so that helped a lot...There were sometimes miscommunications, but broadly things were pretty smooth. I feel like it was not consistent who my nurse was, but they were all friendly and responsive...
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
Dr Klatsky is straight to the point, but he is also personable. He presented the facts on likely outcomes (for the egg retrieval) from women my age, so when things went much better, it felt like he had underpromised and overdelivered. He is up to date on research. It was easy to schedule time with him to connect, but it was often on Friday afternoons where he was on the move, so those calls could sometimes be a bit frustrating if he didn't have our information in front of him. Overall, he delivered exactly what we needed, was practical and easy to deal with.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
Come prepared to conversations. He is direct, but also thoughtful in delivery of news.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
While most of the process is managed through the portal and calls from the nurses, Dr Klatsky was always available to schedule calls to speak live. And the nurses always called directly and when they said they would.
They always called as promised. There were sometimes miscommunications, but broadly things were pretty smooth. I feel like it was not consistent who my nurse was, but they were all friendly and responsive.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility San Francisco.
Very nice offices, though an annoying place to park (very tight garage). They have a lot of different "teams". Since we were using a gestational carrier, there was the doctor + nursing team, the finance team, the gestational carrier team, etc. They seemed fairly coordinated, but it was a lot of names to keep track of. They use a standard email (like Klatsky team), so that helped a lot. Dr. Klatsky moved from SF to NY during our treatment, he finished the egg retrieval and put together the plan for embryo transfer, but another doctor did the actual transfer. This was still pretty smooth, since the Klatsky nursing team stayed with us. I found the billing department to be a bit unorganized, but not too bad. We did this during COVID (Sept/Oct 2020) and it felt safe and also it was not super hard to get appointments or attention.
Describe Peter Klatsky's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility San Francisco.
My understanding is that Spring will only transfer one embryo.

2019 - 2021, Successful
I cannot recommend Dr. Klatsky highly enough! He never gave up on our case even when there were multiple setbacks...He was patient and empathetic throughout our treatment. He was open to changing protocols based on prior outcomes...He is up to date on current recommendations and treatment plans...He was open to a discussion but was clear about the limitations of small studies and why he advised against these
Strengths [of Spring Fertility]- Great providers (doctors and NPs), incredible embryologists, wonderful nurses and care coordinators...It feels like they are invested in a successful outcome from beginning to end...Weaknesses - Busy clinic. Sometimes it can be hard to get in for your appointment at your preferred time; however, they always tried to accommodate me as best they could.
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
I cannot recommend Dr. Klatsky highly enough! He never gave up on our case even when there were multiple setbacks. He remained optimistic that we would have success even when we started to doubt it. He was patient and empathetic throughout our treatment. He was open to changing protocols based on prior outcomes. It felt like he was as invested in our success as we were.
Trust him. He is up to date on current recommendations and treatment plans. There were times when I wanted to try an add-on treatment if things weren't working but after we looked at the research together we decided against it. He was open to a discussion but was clear about the limitations of small studies and why he advised against these (cost, no clear difference in outcomes, etc.). In the end, the research based treatment protocol worked for us, we just needed to be patient and trust his instinct and years of experience.
Dr. Klatsky went above and beyond to make me feel human during this difficult journey. He was patient and understanding of our emotional rollercoaster. He kept open lines of communication at all times and was open to different strategies if we did not have success with a prior protocol.
Describe the protocols Peter Klatsky used in your cycles at Spring Fertility San Francisco and their degree of success.
Standard egg retrieval protocol (cannot recall specifics) For our embryo transfers we tried multiple protocols: 1. Frozen transfer, modified natural cycle with Letrozole 2. Frozen transfer with estrogen patches and Lupron 3. Fresh transfer after egg retrieval cycle 4. Frozen transfer with Letrozole + vaginal progesterone 5. Frozen transfer with Letrozole + vaginal progesterone 6. Frozen transfer w/ Estrogen patches, Cetrotide, and progesterone in oil
The nurses and care coordinators at Spring are amazing! It feels like they are invested in a successful outcome from beginning to end. They are patient and great communicators!
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility San Francisco.
Strengths - Great providers (doctors and NPs), incredible embryologists, wonderful nurses and care coordinators. Weaknesses - Busy clinic. Sometimes it can be hard to get in for your appointment at your preferred time; however, they always tried to accommodate me as best they could.
He felt strongly about eSET

2021, Successful
Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
I appreciated Dr Tan's no-nonsense, action- and solution-oriented approach... Dr Tran was there for the most important parts - consultation and determining your protocol, egg retrieval, transfer procedures, and if you're lucky - your ultrasounds...We changed my protocol after the 1st and 2nd retrieval to ensure optimal results in the 3rd one. His approach is focused on data and sharing statistics...
The clinic [Spring Fertility] is modern, clean and welcoming. Appointments are always timely and efficient, regardless of how busy they get. The staff (Doctors and nurses) are well coordinated and competent so it really doesn't matter who exactly you see at each visit...Dr Tran is focused on results. His team is highly competent, detail oriented, on top of communications, and efficient. I appreciated how they managed expectations while being kind and accommodating....
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
I appreciated Dr Tan's no-nonsense, action- and solution-oriented approach. Many online reviews complain that they saw Dr Tran a limited amount of time and instead mostly saw his team or NPs throughout their treatment. But Dr Tran was there for the most important parts - consultation and determining your protocol, egg retrieval, transfer procedures, and if you're lucky - your ultrasounds, and that mattered most to me. His team is well coordinated and the visits were always on time and super time-efficient. Dr Tran is clearly one of the best - the procedures were always quick, flawless and painless. He managed my expectations perfectly. We changed my protocol after the 1st and 2nd retrieval to ensure optimal results in the 3rd one. His approach is focused on data and sharing statistics, and that suited me - it normalized and grounded what could otherwise be an emotional rollercoaster of a journey.
Trust the process and Dr Tran's knowledge and experience. Sometimes you may not have all the details and that's ok.
We tried aygestin priming first, mid-lutheal second, and lastly - demi-halt which resulted in the most amount of viable eggs retrieved. We ended up with a total of 4 PGS-tested normal embryos. I just completed my 1st trimester of pregnancy after a single frozen embryo transfer.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility San Francisco.
The clinic is modern, clean and welcoming. Appointments are always timely and efficient, regardless of how busy they get. The staff (Doctors and nurses) are well coordinated and competent so it really doesn't matter who exactly you see at each visit.

2021, 18 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Pasternak would tweak each retrieval based off of the past one to try and improve and get better results. This was done through trying new meds, timing the process differently, etc. I very much appreciated Dr. Pasternak using the data and learning from each past retrieval of mine to get better results for future ones...She is very personable and always made me feel comfortable and was very gentle...
The Nursing staff [at Spring Fertility] was incredible. Everyone is very friendly and personable and anytime I had any questions I was able to get support either via in person or over email and text with no issues...they were so well organized. I never had to wait once I arrived for my appointments and I appreciate their strict protocols in having patients verify their info for all ultrasounds and bloodwork...
Dr. Pasternak is a great doctor and I had a very positive experience with her during my egg freezing process. She is very personable and always made me feel comfortable and was very gentle. She has great bedside manners and would always take the time to explain things to me and address any questions or concerns I had. She would never rush my appointments or visits with her and she always continued to finding ways to improve and tweak each retrieval I had based on historical data and past cycles. I would highly recommend her and would love to see her in the future if I need any future treatments.
Don't hesitate to ask any and all questions or express any concerns you have. Dr. Pasternak is always willing to listen and address questions, etc. and will do so in a thorough and not rushed manner.
The Nursing staff was incredible. Everyone is very friendly and personable and anytime I had any questions I was able to get support either via in person or over email and text with no issues.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility San Francisco.
I love Spring Fertility and so glad I decided to go with them. The clinic is top notch and I was very impressed. I loved how clean the clinic was, how everyone was very friendly, and how they were so well organized. I never had to wait once I arrived for my appointments and I appreciate their strict protocols in having patients verify their info for all ultrasounds and bloodwork. I also loved how they've a self-service portal to see your treatment calendar, messages, etc. and how they're always sending SMS alerts for appointment reminders, etc. I also really appreciated having a dedicated Patient Care coordinator so I could easily turn to anytime I had questions. Lastly, I loved how they had an orientation to learn how to inject medications and have tons of self-serve videos on their site too to reference.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Pasternak was always warm and cheerful during my appointments. She has a great memory and somehow always remembered details of our previous appointment. I always left my appointments feeling like she really cared about my treatment and outcome...After each retrieval, Dr. Pasternak phoned us to discuss results and next options, and I always looked forward to hearing her thought process and recommendations...Dr. Pasternak advocated for a single embryo transfer...
The clinic [Spring Fertility] is busy, and appointment times are short so be sure to come prepared with questions or know that you can call and get questions answered later...I found calling was the fastest way for me to ask a question, request a refill, or confirm treatment protocol. I also relied heavily on the treatment calendar and also wish I had learned this earlier in my treatment...
I underwent four egg retrievals and one embryo transfer under the care of Dr. Pasternak. I felt Dr. Pasternak was engaged and attentive before and during each retrieval. For example, after the first retrieval, I found that a specific medication made me excessively sleepy and irritated. With this information, she changed medications for the second retrieval, which I responded better to. Although appointment times were short, and I felt I had to come prepared with questions in hand, she always answered my questions swiftly and clearly. After each retrieval, Dr. Pasternak phoned us to discuss results and next options, and I always looked forward to hearing her thought process and recommendations.
If you would like to speak to her between appointments, call your care team and let them know you would like to speak with her or ask her a specific question.
Dr. Pasternak was always warm and cheerful during my appointments. She has a great memory and somehow always remembered details of our previous appointment. I always left my appointments feeling like she really cared about my treatment and outcome. While outside of the appointment, I asked questions mostly to my care team, I found that if I really wanted her opinion about something, she made herself available within 24 hours.
I underwent 4 retrievals. The first protocol used was an antagonist protocol with estrogen priming. Because I did not respond well to the protocol (yielding 4 follicles and 1 embryo), for the next 3 procedures, Dr. Pasternak switched me to a mini-IVF protocol with progesterone priming (each also yielding 1 embryo).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility San Francisco. (Assigned nurse: Rayney Dodge)
I loved my care team at Spring. I liked that I could call and reach them for any questions I had. They were often able to answer my questions, but they would often offer to pass the question on to my physician if I wanted. They called after each retrieval to give me egg/embryo updates and were always professional and kind when the news was tough and happy for me when the news was better. They were also to call me back when needed. I only wish I had known earlier in my care with Spring that this would be my favored method of communication. Emails with the team were equally professional and detailed however I found calling was the fastest way for me to ask a question, request a refill, or confirm treatment protocol. I also relied heavily on the treatment calendar and also wish I had learned this earlier in my treatment.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility San Francisco.
I found the Spring at SF clinic team to generally be kind and professional. The clinic is busy, and appointment times are short so be sure to come prepared with questions or know that you can call and get questions answered later. I was okay with this environment; however, I can understand that the experience can feel overwhelming, especially at the beginning of someone's treatment. I would encourage patients to always reach out with questions over the phone, and they'll likely be pleased with the team's response.
Dr. Pasternak advocated for a single embryo transfer
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility San Francisco.
The drug treatment was changed due to my request for a later transfer date however, my calendar was not properly updated until I called to confirm doses.
2021, Successful
The clinic [Spring Fertility] is very inviting and very organized. Communication was very efficient, even around insurance and billing...very efficient and timely with each appointment...The nurses were phenomenal. I underestimated how complicated the drug administration would be, and they had top notch training and education sessions...They answered every question in a timely manner...
My experience was wonderful. Dr. Pasternak has a great bedside manner, kept things light (even when they could be heavy) and was clear about what to expect. She was very helpful in making our upfront decision to pursue IVF instead of IUI. She let us know she would support either one but just have us candid facts about odds. And she helped us by always keeping our goals in kind - one more child as soon as possible. She was competent and empathetic and I felt supported and like we were being cheered on the whole time. That means a lot when you’re putting so much work into and have such high hopes.
Take advantage of the fact that she will give you candid advice. And ask questions - these clinics are busy and they can’t know how much to explain, but Dr. Pasternak always answered all my questions to the fullest. Always ask.
I felt like a human because we connected during my consults, and she was sympathetic in every way. She took time to answer my questions and to do so honestly. A good balance of realistic expectations and hope.
We did IVF right away. We did the egg retrieval, and protocol was normal. We did genetic testing of embryos due to to age, and thankful we did because 6 of our 7 embryos were abnormal. They helped us navigate that process with their genetic counseling partner and helped contextualize their feedback. We adjusted the timing of the protocol to make sure we had an understanding of what to expect. We had just one embryo, and she suggested we go forward with it - we only wanted one more child, it only takes one embryo, and she said she saw no reason I wouldn’t have the best odds to be successful (versus doing another round of egg retrieval). We discussed what options there were if it didn’t work. Ultimately, we moved forward, and I am currently 20 weeks pregnant.
The nurses were phenomenal. I underestimated how complicated the drug administration would be, and they had top notch training and education sessions, all remote. I was very impressed and it made such a huge difference in treatment and confidence. I did make a mistake in meds, and they were responsive, supportive, and reassuring. They answered every question in a timely manner (and I had a lot!) and appreciated that there was a team to cover in case anyone was out. It surpassed all my expectations.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility San Francisco.
The clinic is very inviting and very organized. Communication was very efficient, even around insurance and billing (a couple placated topic even if you have great insurance and benefits) and very efficient and timely with each appointment.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Spring Fertility San Francisco.
Monitoring needed to jags leeches timing by its nature, but they are open seven days a week and they always gave as much advanced notice as possible for ease of scheduling. I always wanted early mornings and they always could accommodate.

2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
Strengths: I chose this clinic [Spring Fertility] based on recommendations from friends (high NPS) and also because they have a reputation of having really good embryologists. Given I have few follicles, I knew that having the best people working in the lab would be really important for me to ensure I could have best possible results from the few eggs we could get. The clinic is working to be patient centric and I have seen an even greater focus on that since I have been a patient.
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
Dr. Klatsky is very passionate about fertility preservation and helping individuals and couples achieve their family building goals. I was a very interesting case for him as I have a genetic mutation on Fragile X that impacts my fertility and that was a big surprise for all of us. We've been working to create an insurance policy for me should I experience early menopause. Initially I was very frustrated and felt sold to, but have now come to like having Dr. Klatsky as my doctor. I realize he just really believes in the work he does, but do recommend that you help ensure he knows if you are just looking for information instead of treatment in your first consult.
He is very knowledgable and cares about making sure you achieve your plans. That said, if you are not sure about whether you want to do treatment, make sure you say that up front in a consult since he may assume you came and are planning procedures.
First retrieval - July 2019: did high stimulation protocol. I had 6 follicles so we debated doing high stim (a more typical cycle) vs low stim. He decided to go for high stim. Unfortunately, we ended up with nothing. 11 eggs retrieved, 5 were mature, 4 fertilized, 3 made it to day 3, 1 made it to embryo, did genetic testing and it was not genetically viable. 2nd retrieval - March 2020: Did low stim protocol. Primed with estrogen and then used Gonal-F and Menopur for about 2 weeks at a lower dose than before. Got 6 eggs. 5 were mature. 4 fertilized, all 4 made it to embryo stage. Did genetic testing and 3 viable embryos as a result. We were really happy with this outcome, given my number of follicles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility San Francisco. (Assigned nurse: Kelsey McKinnon as Coordinator and Laurel as Nurse)
The care coordinator, Kelsey, at Spring is a great communicator and makes herself available to answer questions. Laurel, my nurse was great too.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility San Francisco.
Strengths: I chose this clinic based on recommendations from friends (high NPS) and also because they have a reputation of having really good embryologists. Given I have few follicles, I knew that having the best people working in the lab would be really important for me to ensure I could have best possible results from the few eggs we could get. The clinic is working to be patient centric and I have seen an even greater focus on that since I have been a patient.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility San Francisco.
1st embryo preservation round: ~$25,000 including medications for one round (paid for meds through Spring) 2nd round: Low stim round: ~$13,000 and then paid for meds separately (maybe another $3,000 to Alto Pharmacy)
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility San Francisco.
I got incorrect information after my first genetic test. They corrected and set up a meeting for me to chat with the doctor when we realized they hadn't explained a certain genetic carrier status in the correct context, but I was upset about that, initially.