LGBTQ+ Competent Care
LGBTQ+ Competent Care

Based on reviews from the LGBTQ+ community.

LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

Redwood City
570 Price Avenue
Redwood City, CA 94063
San Francisco
1 Daniel Burnham Court
San Francisco, CA 94109
425 Mission St
San Francisco, CA 94105

Dr. Klatsky is very professional and intelligent. He is very dedicated and hard working doctor. I saw him every other visit and he never seemed in a rush. He explained to me all the steps and kept me well informed about the possible risks. He answered all our questions and listened to our concerns. I highly recommend him for every couple having difficulties conceiving. I think he’s the best fertility doctor I’ve seen.
Spring fertility team are just amazing. They are all supportive, organized and friendly. They treat us as human and patient and not numbers. Whenever we showed up for an appointment, they knew our names from the minute we entered the clinic. They were all very passionate and well trained...Dr. Klatsky is very professional and intelligent. He is very dedicated and hard working doctor. I saw him every other visit and he never seemed in a rush. He explained to me all the steps and kept me well informed about the possible risks.
How was your experience with Peter Klatsky at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
Peter Klatsky
San Francisco

2023 - 2024, 34 Eggs Frozen
LGBTQ+
Dr. Zore...was always warm and happy to answer my questions...had to prepare for was coming in with questions. Without them, she didn't really volunteer that much information, what I should be expecting from the ultrasound, what were the results from the ultrasound, etc...PCOS and a higher likelihood of having OHSS...During the initial phone consultation, she also was patient with me and answered all of the questions I had.
[Spring Fertility San Francisco] is very clean and efficient with our visits...very careful about making sure your name appears correctly...Emily was my care coordinator. She, along with the other staff I've named, were great about responding to my messages in Salve. It made it very easy to reschedule appts, get clarity on medications, etc...Full egg retrieval payment - $9,462
How was your experience with Temeka Zore at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
Overall, I was very happy with my interactions with Dr. Zore. She was always warm and happy to answer my questions. I would say the biggest thing that I had to prepare for was coming in with questions. Without them, she didn't really volunteer that much information, what I should be expecting from the ultrasound, what were the results from the ultrasound, etc. I felt like I had to ask for it sometimes.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Temeka Zore at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
Come prepared with questions!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Temeka Zore at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
Dr. Zore was very warm when I came in for ultrasound appointments. During the initial phone consultation, she also was patient with me and answered all of the questions I had.
Describe the protocols Temeka Zore used in your cycles at Spring Fertility San Francisco and their degree of success.
Started with Menopur (150 IU) & Gonal-F (150 Units) for the first 6 days. On the 7th & 8th day, I used Menopur (75 IU) & kept Gonal-F at the same (150 Units). 9th & 10th day: Menopur (75 IU) & Gonal-F (75 Units). Starting on the 5th day, I began my Cetrotide injections (250 mcg) and continued until the 11th day. The night of the 11th, I took my trigger shot Leuprolide/Lupron (4 mg) and not the Novarel -- my understanding is that this is because I have PCOS and a higher likelihood of having OHSS. Starting on the day before my egg retrieval (and for 7 days total), I started taking Cabergoline (0.5mg) to help my hormone levels.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility San Francisco. (Assigned nurse: Emily mostly answered my questions, but other folks like Allison, Nichakorn, Denisha, Erin -- I'm sure I've missed some others.)
I believe Emily was my care coordinator. She, along with the other staff I've named, were great about responding to my messages in Salve. It made it very easy to reschedule appts, get clarity on medications, etc.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility San Francisco.
The clinic is very clean and efficient with our visits. They're also very careful about making sure your name appears correctly! Be prepared to check the location's address as the clinic made jump between two locations in the city.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Temeka Zore at Spring Fertility San Francisco.
- First round of medications (1x 5000 unit Novarel, 18x 75 unit Menopur, Leuprolide 1mL, 4x 300/0.5ML Gonal-F, 2x 0.25MG Cetrotide - $3166 - Additional blood work - $152.50 - Full egg retrieval payment - $9,462 - Refilled medication (Gonal-F & Hydrocodone) - $245.07 - Refilled medication (Cetrotide) - $132 - 8x 0.5MG Cabergoline - $35.89

2023 - 2024, Unknown Success
**Disclaimer: the clinic [Spring Fertility San Francisco] asked to provide a review in exchange for a chance to win free storage** So far, I like how she [Dr. Temeka Zore] always asks if we have any questions during our visits and answers them succinctly...Think about what questions you have ahead of the visit. If time is tight, the nurse team is also helpful in providing answers after the visit...2xs IVF for cryopreservation of embryos.
**Disclaimer: the clinic [Spring Fertility San Francisco] asked to provide a review in exchange for a chance to win free storage** So far, I like how she [Dr. Temeka Zore] always asks if we have any questions during our visits and answers them succinctly...Strengths: good location, good process...Weaknesses: expensive; only work with selective insurance; if you have a low priority question, it might take long to get a response if your insurance requires prior authorization, the process can take more time, so start early! I only learned about it mid way through my treatment plan that my insurance provides coverage so I ended up paying the entire treatment out of pocket.
How was your experience with Temeka Zore at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
**Disclaimer: the clinic asked to provide a review in exchange for a chance to win free storage** So far, I like how she always asks if we have any questions during our visits and answers them succinctly. I will update this review when all procedures are completed.
2xs IVF for cryopreservation of embryos. Both cycles consisted of birth control, gonal, menopur, cetrotide. First time: started beginning of the cycle. AFC count at 20. Treatment lasted 11 days and had retrieval on the 13th day. Result: 16 retrieved > 9 mature > 1 embryo -- At the beginning of the treatment with the surge of hormones, I was feeling REALLY fatigue. Called the nurse line and said it was normal. The fatigue eventually went away as the treatment continued. Would recommend taking the days easy when you are taking shots. -- post retrieval, I had discomfort on my left abdomen. It's been 8 months and I still have mild discomfort when my follicle grows monthly. Second time: mid-luteal cycle start. AFC count at 18. Treatment lasted 13 days and had retrieval on the 15th day. Result: 22 retrieved > 16 mature > 3 embryos (with one at low level mosaic) -- I took it easy during treatment this time, didn't have any extreme fatigue. -- post retrieval, it was better than the first time!
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility San Francisco.
Strengths: good location, good process, allows you borrow meds from the clinic if you are still waiting for yours to be delivered. Weaknesses: expensive; only work with selective insurance; if you have a low priority question, it might take long to get a response if your insurance requires prior authorization, the process can take more time, so start early! I only learned about it mid way through my treatment plan that my insurance provides coverage so I ended up paying the entire treatment out of pocket.
~20k per IVF embryo preservation with ICSI; PGT-A was extra; med: 3-4k; so about 25k per cycle Storage is $795; bills annually either Jan or Jul; cycle waive the first billing. So you might have to start paying storage as early as 7 months after your cycle. $545 initial consult; about $1200 for saline sonogram

2024, 20 Eggs Frozen
would recommend Dr. Zore to any friend who is considering freezing their eggs...is knowledgeable and professional, while also being kind and personable...always knew what to expect and felt in control of my fertility decisions...Results: My initial follicle count was 21, I had 26 eggs retrieved and 20 mature eggs frozen.
Spring Fertility is a great clinic for egg freezing. Everyone I interacted with was warm and helpful, and I felt supported and informed throughout the entire process...nursing staff, especially Emily, were wonderful...had a lot of questions during egg freezing...She answered every question quickly and was always kind and knowledgeable.
How was your experience with Temeka Zore at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
I would recommend Dr. Zore to any friend who is considering freezing their eggs. She is knowledgeable and professional, while also being kind and personable. She expertly guided me through the egg freezing process and always greeted and treated me with warmth. I always knew what to expect and felt in control of my fertility decisions. She kept me up to date on how my follicles were growing and what I could expect at every visit, and the results were exactly what she had said. I spent a lot of time looking at different clinics and doctors, and am incredibly glad that I chose Dr. Zore.
Dr. Zore was incredibly warm and thoughtful throughout this process. She explained fertility, the egg freezing process, and expectations for me, all with clarity and detail. She was always kind and available, and I couldn't have asked for a better doctor to guide me through the egg freezing journey.
Protocol: For the first week of injections, I took Gonal-F and Menopur every evening (150 units each). After a week, I added on an antagonist (Cetrotide) every morning. After a few days, I decreased the dosages for Gonal-F and Menopur. Then after 5 days of taking the antagonist, I took the trigger shot (just Lupron). The entire process, from day 1 of injections to surgery, was 20 days. Results: My initial follicle count was 21, I had 26 eggs retrieved and 20 mature eggs frozen.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility San Francisco. (Assigned nurse: Emily)
The nursing staff, especially Emily, were wonderful. I had a lot of questions during egg freezing, and frequently reached out to Emily on the patient portal. She was so wonderful!! She answered every question quickly and was always kind and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility San Francisco.
Spring Fertility is a great clinic for egg freezing. Everyone I interacted with was warm and helpful, and I felt supported and informed throughout the entire process. The one thing I'd give a heads up on is that if you go to the SOMA office, you will still have some procedures at the office on Van Ness; all surgeries are performed at the Van Ness office and weekend appointments will likely be there too. This wasn't a big issue for me at all, but worth knowing!
I am insured through Progyny, and paid about $800 total for one egg freezing cycle. I think the total cost per cycle would have been about 10x that.

1 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
[Spring Fertility] Great with communication, timely appointments, efficient setup. Excellent lab also. Transferred from another bigger clinic and the difference was night and day. Also, cost was about the same so better service for the same price roughly...[nurses] Really organized, called when they said they would, good communicators....
How was your experience with Temeka Zore at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
Dr Zore took the best care of us, taking time to answer my questions and go in detail about all of our questions. I was impressed with her warm bedside manner, procedural skill and knowledge of the literature. I always felt like I was in the best hands. She changed our protocol and I got higher PGS normal embryos from our embryo banking cycles with her than at a prior clinic (3 and then 8!!!) Having a positive pregnancy test after the first transfer was also a nice surprise. I recommend her highly to anyone.
Dr Zore’s calm demeanor and excellent medical skill/knowledge really helped us - we highly recommend her.
Dr Zore spent all the time necessary to answer my questions and go over treatment details with patience and expertise.
Used lower doses of medications for longer to aid in egg quality, added growth hormone. We did a modified natural cycle transfer which was also great because I only required 2 weeks of supplemental progesterone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility San Francisco. (Assigned nurse: Alicia)
Really organized, called when they said they would, good communicators
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility San Francisco.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Spring Fertility San Francisco.
They were flexible with my inflexible work schedule
Comparable to other area clinics
Describe Temeka Zore's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Spring Fertility San Francisco.
We prioritized my (and babies) safety and transferred only 1 genetically normal embryo.

2019, 16 Eggs Frozen
1 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
[Dr. Tran is a] Very candid and honest doctor, no fluff. But in an emotional situation that was unexpected, would have appreciated some fluff and guidance on anything at all that I could have done to improve my chances...went through the procedure five times and each time left crying...was hoping for is more hope and someone who would have a little more energy around changing my treatment plan each time.
Really nice looking office [ Spring Fertility]. Friendly front desk staff. Sometimes communication wasn’t clear (as to next steps). Would have liked a bit more clarity and organization, but then it was a fairly new office so it might be better now...Very expensive but my insurance covered it...would have appreciated some fluff and guidance on anything at all that I could have done to improve my chances. I went through the procedure five times and each time left crying
How was your experience with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
Very candid and honest doctor, no fluff. But in an emotional situation that was unexpected, would have appreciated some fluff and guidance on anything at all that I could have done to improve my chances. I went through the procedure five times and each time left crying. It’s not their fault, but I guess what I was hoping for is more hope and someone who would have a little more energy around changing my treatment plan each time.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nam Tran at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
Fiercely advocate for yourself and do your own research!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nam Tran at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
I’m sure the doctor was great but the whole process was emotionally exhausting and I would have liked a lot more detail and support on what I could do (he just basically said nothing)
Describe the protocols Nam Tran used in your cycles at Spring Fertility San Francisco and their degree of success.
I’m not sure; can’t remember the treatment plan but I know I went through it five times, took shots morning and evening.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Spring Fertility San Francisco.
Very friendly and communicative
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility San Francisco.
Really nice looking office. Friendly front desk staff. Sometimes communication wasn’t clear (as to next steps). Would have liked a bit more clarity and organization, but then it was a fairly new office so it might be better now. Not sure what else to mention it to say here.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nam Tran at Spring Fertility San Francisco.
Very expensive but my insurance covered it
Nam Tran

2023, Consult
She [Dr. Temeka Zore] was understanding of how anxious I was for the appointment, but it felt a little sterile. I also had to go back because she couldn't perform the egg assessment the first time and I felt it wasn't particularly understanding of how stressful it felt...She did make some guesses (that turned out to be incorrect) so when the results weren't expected, it caused me stress...
It's [Spring Fertility San Francisco] a nice space, feels both safe and comfortable, and clean and sanitary for a doctor's office. The space downtown near Salesforce that I went to was calming. The office by Van Ness was a bit confusing and stressful...One nurse, when I had to go in a 2nd time, was incredibly compassionate. I wish I could remember her name! She could tell I was ill at ease and was very friendly and relatable.
How was your experience with Temeka Zore at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
I was incredibly anxious about the appointment, I felt that she at least explained the fist time I met her, the process. She did make some guesses (that turned out to be incorrect) so when the results weren't expected, it caused me stress.
Do your own research ahead of time and come in with specific questions. Know she won't necessarily answer everything, but keep calm and an open flow of communication.
She was understanding of how anxious I was for the appointment, but it felt a little sterile. I also had to go back because she couldn't perform the egg assessment the first time and I felt it wasn't particularly understanding of how stressful it felt.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility San Francisco.
It's a nice space, feels both safe and comfortable, and clean and sanitary for a doctor's office. The space downtown near Salesforce that I went to was calming. The office by Van Ness was a bit confusing and stressful.
$500 for an initial consult

2023 - 2024, Unknown Success
Investment Banker
[Dr. Temeka Zore has] good communication...enjoyed the direct phone calls from her vs. from nurses when delivering tough messages...called to follow up a day or two after delivering tough messages (I.e. no embryos passed PGTa testing)...Second cycle increased dosages slightly yielded better results (higher egg count)
[Spring Fertility San Francisco has] Nice and clean offices...office staff are always friendly and know what to do, obviously well trained...Weakness: depending on what day/office, it can get busy so you have to wait for bloodwork, sometimes up to 30 mins if over the weekend and staff is short. Weekday appointments are much smoother and less crowded.
How was your experience with Temeka Zore at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
- good communication - enjoyed the direct phone calls from her vs. from nurses when delivering tough messages - thoughtful that she called to follow up a day or two after delivering tough messages (I.e. no embryos passed PGTa testing) - I usually prefer men doctors as they tend to avoid sugar coating things, vs. Zore was very direct when she needed to be, and sensitive/caring when appropriate. - takes time to explain course of action and next steps - appreciated when she lets me know ahead of time if another doctor will be seeing me on a particular day - felt like a partnership during the process vs a patient/doctor relationship.
Ask all your questions and don’t hold back. You’ll be happy that you did.
She has the right amount of balance between bluntness and good bedside manners. These appointments can be emotionally sensitive but I felt she managed it well, at least for me.
Always started with birth control, followed by dosages of gonal f and menopur. Near retrieval date has increased monitoring and bloodwork. Second cycle increased dosages slightly yielded better results (higher egg count)
Nursing coordinator is always warm and nice. She was always helpful in answering questions or getting me the information I needed. Her job or purpose really drove efficient communication and effective care in my opinion. The structure they have works well.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility San Francisco.
Nice and clean offices, well kept. The office staff are always friendly and know what to do, obviously well trained. Love that they always have the breakfast bars in the lobby. Weakness: depending on what day/office, it can get busy so you have to wait for bloodwork, sometimes up to 30 mins if over the weekend and staff is short. Weekday appointments are much smoother and less crowded.
Mostly covered by insurance but towards the end, the out of pocket cost of ~$25k for retrieval cycle and $5k-$6k for transfer cycle. Meds mostly covered through insurance

2023, 29 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Zore was compassionate, generous with her time, and extremely helpful during my egg freezing journey. She answered questions comprehensively with patience and professionalism - she always made me feel like I was the only one in the room and that my treatment was all going according to plan -- nothing phased her. I felt very cared for in her hands. What I appreciated the most was that she...went the extra mile to help plan and prepare 2 treatment plans back-to-back for me when I unexpectedly got laid off and had a hard date on the calendar where I'd be losing my insurance. Led by Dr. Zore, the whole team rallied to figure out how I could max my remaining time in order to get 2 rounds of retrieval covered.
How was your experience with Temeka Zore at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
Dr. Zore was compassionate, generous with her time, and extremely helpful during my egg freezing journey. She answered questions comprehensively with patience and professionalism - she always made me feel like I was the only one in the room and that my treatment was all going according to plan -- nothing phased her. I felt very cared for in her hands. What I appreciated the most was that she and her staff went the extra mile to help plan and prepare 2 treatment plans back-to-back for me when I unexpectedly got laid off and had a hard date on the calendar where I'd be losing my insurance. Led by Dr. Zore, the whole team rallied to figure out how I could max my remaining time in order to get 2 rounds of retrieval covered.
Don't be afraid to ask questions or ask for reassurance. :)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility San Francisco. (Assigned nurse: Christine )
I'm so grateful that Christine was my dedicated care nurse. She was the epitome of friendly, prepared, and informative. She always had a sunny disposition and a spirit of helpfulness. I felt very comfortable asking her questions in between visits, and she was even generous enough to share some of her own experience undergoing treatment. She was very responsive and I never, ever felt out of touch. It was like I was going through it with a buddy. :)
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility San Francisco.
I had an overall excellent experience at Spring Fertility. The staff is friendly, organized, and efficient. I always felt well taken care of, from my first initial phone consult all the way through surgery and post-care instructions and follow-ups. What I appreciated the most was having a dedicated nurse assigned to my fertility / egg freezing journey; I felt so comfortable having a "go to" person ready to answer questions, quell doubts, help order medications, etc. Beyond that, the office itself is run punctually, and Dr. Zore always showed up prepared, was generous with her time, and delivered comprehensive and compassionate care. I really felt we were on a "team!" Other pros: all patients & doctor care teams communicate via an App which made everything organized in one place, which was so helpful when tracking / following medication doses and injection timing. Billing and info packets came quickly -- everything was a breeze. Because of the level of care and professionalism that Spring offered, I genuinely felt the only task I had to focus on was slowing down and paying attention to my general health, while being gracious with my body during treatment. And I had such an amazing team of women supporting me and encouraging me throughout the process at Spring, which made the experience feel more comforting. I highly recommend starting your egg freezing journey at Spring Fertility!

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Zore is the perfect balance of straightforward and warm. She is clearly extremely knowledgeable and an expert in her field, but is still able to answer questions so that someone (like me!) that came in with no understanding of how the fertility/IVF works could clearly understand expectations, risks, and each step of the process. I always felt comfortable to ask her anything, never felt judged, and felt like I was in capable hands of someone who was going to get the best results for me possible (which she did!)....
[nurses at Spring Fertility] were extremely responsive to both phone calls and emails, and extremely knowledgeable about the IVF process. They would send instructional videos, stats on what to expect, and other resources...Scheduling is easy, and they are always on time. Billing was transparent and they would proactively get approval from our insurance before each treatment and set expectations of what we owed...
How was your experience with Temeka Zore at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
Choose her as your doc! And don't be afraid to ask her any questions. She will explain anything you need to understand to make the process more comfortable for you, understand your results, know what to expect.
Dr. Zore and the entire Spring care team treated me like an individual human throughout the entire process. They were efficient, reliable, knowledgeable, and accessible for questions, but also I truly felt like Dr. Zore and the team were cheering for me every step of the way in the IVF process. I felt encouraged and supported.
I don't remember a lot of specifics on treatment besides we had very good results (five strong embryos frozen in first and only try and one successful pregnancy after first transfer)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility San Francisco. (Assigned nurse: Bridget for egg retrieval, Nina for transfer a year later)
Bridget was my primary nurse during my retrieval process and Nina was my primary nurse during my transfer process. Both were warm and supportive, answered my MANY questions, were extremely responsive to both phone calls and emails, and extremely knowledgeable about the IVF process. They would send instructional videos, stats on what to expect, and other resources. They really made the experience seamless. My husband and I kept saying we wished all medical care experiences could be as great as what we received at Spring, and so much of this was thanks to the incredible nurse care.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility San Francisco.
Spring is the most effective and efficient medical office my husband and I have ever experienced. Scheduling is easy, and they are always on time. Billing was transparent and they would proactively get approval from our insurance before each treatment and set expectations of what we owed. As previously mentioned, the nurse and doctor team were able to answer any questions and accessible via email, phone, and their portal. My one minor complaint is they switched to a new patient portal midway through my treatment and there was a bit of a learning curve trying to figure out where things were posted in the portal. For any new patients, I would highly recommend them and think Spring is the way of the future for how doctor's offices should be run -- with technology, efficiency, easy responsive communications through multiple avenues, on time and with great results!
We have Progyny to cover fertility treatment so most of our treatments was covered by them. Spring would proactively get treatments pre-approved by them so we never had to worry about denied coverage or even having to deal with them much directly which was a huge bonus. I think we ended up paying about $3K total out of pocket, but to be honest, I never really added up the total cost with what Progyny covered.
I was advised to do a single embryo transfer

2022, Successful
She [Dr. Zore] reassured me that we were doing the right thing and taking the right steps, and took the time to answer all of my (many) questions. With the more unpleasant diagnostics like the HSG, which I really struggled with, she was very reassuring and empathetic. I always felt safe and trusted her with my care completely...I felt like I had realistic expectations and had a good idea of what the following months of treatment might look like. Although our first IUI was not straight forward (I needed some additional tests to further investigate structural abnormalities & the medication dosage needed to be adjusted)...
The nursing staff at Spring were fantastic. They were always kind and warm in the clinic, and communicated efficiently through email too. I always knew who to contact with questions, and could rely on them to get back to me in a timely manner...We almost never had to wait for an appointment or procedure. It's also great that they have their own lab, so for the most part I could just go to them instead of going to a labcorp...
How was your experience with Temeka Zore at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
My experience as a patient of Dr Zore's was as good as it gets. From the first consult she thoroughly explained all options to us in depth, from timed intercourse to IVF, and discussed the pros and cons of each with us. She worked with us to decide on a treatment plan that would maximize the possibility of a pregnancy, taking into consideration limitations from our insurance, how many children we want to have, our work schedule, and my comfort with the medical procedures. We decided on trying 3-4 rounds of IUI, and then moving to IVF if it was not successful. After finding some abnormalities on my HSG, we then decided to try just 1-2 IUI before resorting to IVF. Going into our treatment, I felt like I had realistic expectations and had a good idea of what the following months of treatment might look like. Although our first IUI was not straight forward (I needed some additional tests to further investigate structural abnormalities & the medication dosage needed to be adjusted), we were very lucky to have a successful pregnancy on our first IUI treatment, and we now have a beautiful baby boy. I am so grateful to Dr Zore for taking such good care of us, and would love to see her again for our next child.
Don't hesitate to ask all the questions. Dr Zore does an amazing job of listening and discussing treatment options, and will help you fully understand your options so that you can guide your own care as much as possible.
Dr Zore was very warm and understanding of my condition (PCOS). She reassured me that we were doing the right thing and taking the right steps, and took the time to answer all of my (many) questions. With the more unpleasant diagnostics like the HSG, which I really struggled with, she was very reassuring and empathetic. I always felt safe and trusted her with my care completely.
I have PCOS and do not ovulate, and do not have periods. To start, we had to induce a period with medication, then I took letrozole for a few days. On the checkup ultrasound, there was no ready follicle, so the dose of letrozole had to be increased which stretched the cycle a bit longer. On the next followup the follicle had grown so we were able to set a date for the IUI, and I gave myself the injection to induce ovulation the night before.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility San Francisco. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie)
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility San Francisco.
Spring is fantastic. The clinics are clean, aesthetically pleasing, and very well run. We almost never had to wait for an appointment or procedure. It's also great that they have their own lab, so for the most part I could just go to them instead of going to a labcorp. It was a little bit bitter sweet when I got pregnant and had to leave Spring for the rest of my care, I wish I could have stayed with them the whole time!
Majority of my care was covered by insurance, but there was a few hundred dollars of copay for the initial diagnostics. Most of the cost was from the genetic testing for myself and my husband.

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Zore was with me for every step. She took the time to answer all of our questions. We never felt rushed, like she had to get away to another patient. After my first 3 losses (one chemical prior to IVF, then 2 transfers that I got pregnant and lost) she personally called me to check on me. She seemed as determined to help me get pregnant and I was to get pregnant...There was never any reason why I couldn't get, or stay pregnant, but Dr. Zore kept trying...
Everyone on staff [at Spring Fertility] was always so caring. They clearly remember you and follow up with you. They really cheer you on...I wish I had known that all procedures would be done in the main office, and not the SOMA office, as it is farther away for me, but I don't regret choosing Spring at all. I also appreciated that they had a lab in house. Most test results come in very quickly. If going to the SOMA office, just know that google map instructions are wrong, follow the email instructions they send you...
How was your experience with Temeka Zore at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
I don't think I was an easy case. Every single test I took came back normal. There was never any reason why I couldn't get, or stay pregnant, but Dr. Zore kept trying. I think I too, every test she could think of, determined to find out why we were not being successful. She never spoke down to us and always answered our questions thoughtfully. She felt like our ally in the process. Her faith that we would eventually be successful really helped me and my husband keep up hope as well.
This is more for someone seeking fertility treatment than specifically seeing Dr. Zore: there may not be a specific thing "wrong" and that is almost harder than finding a cause, because you have nothing to blame and no clear course of action. There is nothing to "fix."
My journey to my current pregnancy was not an easy one. Dr. Zore was with me for every step. She took the time to answer all of our questions. We never felt rushed, like she had to get away to another patient. After my first 3 losses (one chemical prior to IVF, then 2 transfers that I got pregnant and lost) she personally called me to check on me. She seemed as determined to help me get pregnant and I was to get pregnant.
When we were diagnosed with unexplained infertility we were given the option to move forward with IUI or IVF. I'd had my heart set on IUI before that since it seemed so much less scary, invasive and expensive. However, when Dr. Zore explained the likelihood that IUI would work, and the odds weren't much better than trying naturally, we decided to go straight to IVF. In September 2021 I started my stimulation cycle for egg retrieval. We got 33 eggs! By the time we got through all the steps, fertilization and genetic testing we ended up with 11 healthy embryos. My first frozen transfer was early November 2021, after a natural cycle. I got pregnant, found out it was twins, lost one twin, then at 9 weeks there was no more fetal heartbeat. I had to have a manual uterine aspiration (MUA) to resolve the pregnancy. We did another natural cycle embryo transfer in June 2022. I got pregnant, but my HCG levels were not rising appropriately. We thought it might be ectopic. Thankfully it was not, but it also wasn't a viable pregnancy. Then I had my second MUA. September 2022 we started a controlled cycle. This was much more involved and required an injection every day for 10 weeks, and additional medications for 3 weeks after that. It was really, really hard but I am now 13 weeks pregnant!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility San Francisco. (Assigned nurse: Nina Wani)
Everyone on staff was always so caring. They clearly remember you and follow up with you. They really cheer you on.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility San Francisco.
Both San Francisco clinics are very pretty and clean. I wish I had known that all procedures would be done in the main office, and not the SOMA office, as it is farther away for me, but I don't regret choosing Spring at all. I also appreciated that they had a lab in house. Most test results come in very quickly. If going to the SOMA office, just know that google map instructions are wrong, follow the email instructions they send you!
I am extremely lucky that our health insurance covers fertility treatments. We had to pay our deductible for the year and any extras that were not covered by insurance. Unfortunately my insurance did not cover the MUA procedure, which was about $2500, but that is not Spring's fault and the notified me right away.

2022, Successful
Dr. Zore is exceptionally knowledgeable and always refers to the research when describing why we would do something. She brought a calm and confident energy to all interactions and made me feel extremely comfortable with what we were doing each step of the way. When we got less-than-ideal results after our first retrieval she changed course and identified a better protocol that ended up yielding much better results...
Spring provides a very professional, comfortable environment. I felt very taken care of. A good thing to know is that your provider may not always be the none to see you for an appointment or even for your retrieval or transfer...the doctors rotate on-call during holidays/weekends (understandably) so if your procedure falls on a weekend you may see someone else. Overall, I felt that everything was well organized in terms of communication and I appreciated the app as a way to always check on my dosages and receive any communication regarding appointments and medications...
How was your experience with Temeka Zore at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
Come prepared with questions. She is happy to answer, but you need to have them ready.
Dr. Zore was always open to answering questions and empathized with us during this process.
Mid-luteal protocol (Gonal-F, Menopur, Cetrotide with Lupron trigger) FET (Letrozole with Ovidrel trigger)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility San Francisco. (Assigned nurse: Nina)
Nina was very communicative and always responded promptly. if she was OOO, someone else form the care team would respond.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility San Francisco.
Spring provides a very professional, comfortable environment. I felt very taken care of. A good thing to know is that your provider may not always be the none to see you for an appointment or even for your retrieval or transfer. I was lucky in that Dr. Zore completed all my procedures, but the doctors rotate on-call during holidays/weekends (understandably) so if your procedure falls on a weekend you may see someone else. Overall, I felt that everything was well organized in terms of communication and I appreciated the app as a way to always check on my dosages and receive any communication regarding appointments and medications.
Egg retrieval ~$19,000 (they give you a little discount on your second one if you do another round) Medications ~$2,500-3,000 Saline sonogram (pre-transfer) ~$900 FET ~$4,500
Spring highly recommends single embryo transfers

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Zore made me feel like a human because she was very personable with my husband and I . She answered all of our questions, she never made us feel stupid, and she was always incredibly caring and sweet through all of the ups and downs...Throughout the procedures she listened to me when I said I had a low pain threshold and she adjusted my meds accordingly...
The entire staff at Spring was very polished! Sometimes it felt like I was walking into a high end spa. Everyone was very nice, helpful, and knowledgable...I .love the new app the clinic provides so you can view results and text your team right from your phone...In San Francisco, you can also make appointments at two different locations, depending on what's convenient for you...
How was your experience with Temeka Zore at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
I am Soo happy that Dr. Zore is my doctor. Since day 1, we have been nothing but happy with our experience with her. When we first came into the clinic she took time to explain all of our options in an easy to understand way. She is always available for questions and always answers with grace. I always greatly trust her opinion and expertise as it is clear she is very knowledgeable in her field. She is also an excellent doctor. My egg retrieval went very smoothly and she was able to retrieve 18 eggs which resulted in 6 healthy embryos. My first embryo transfer was unsuccessful because it turned out I had endometritis, but the second one worked and I am now 14 weeks pregnant! Throughout the procedures she listened to me when I said I had a low pain threshold and she adjusted my meds accordingly. She also was very kind to setup two ultrasounds with us before we had to switch to the obgyn. I wish Dr. Zore could be with us throughout the entire pregnancy. I miss her and her staff. We had such a great experience and will be happy to be under her care for baby #2!
Let your guard down and be ready to have honest and open communication with a doctor who actually cares.
Dr. Zore made me feel like a human because she was very personable with my husband and I . She answered all of our questions, she never made us feel stupid, and she was always incredibly caring and sweet through all of the ups and downs. Whether I was crying or laughing, she was there for me.
The entire staff at Spring was very polished! Sometimes it felt like I was walking into a high end spa. Everyone was very nice, helpful, and knowledgable. Spring also has an app now to make communication even easier. I can ask so many questions and I get answers from the team right away. The only thing I would change is that for some of the medication I had to take before the embryo transfer, it would have been helpful if the nurse was super clear of what time of day to take the meds. I had to learn the hard way that one pill made me VERY SLEEPY and should be taken before bed. Ever since that incident the nurse was clear though.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility San Francisco.
Spring Fertility is very high end and I felt very safe and comfortable in the clinic. The waiting rooms are clean, full of snacks and nice drinks. All the rooms have beautiful art work, the bathrooms have high end fixtures, and the patient rooms come with fancy TVs so you can watch along with the doctor. I was very impressed with the facilities. In San Francisco, you can also make appointments at two different locations, depending on what's convenient for you. Also, I .love the new app the clinic provides so you can view results and text your team right from your phone.
My company covered the costs

2020, 26 Eggs Frozen
[Dr. Zore] was very clear about the treatment process and what to expect, she is a warm and friendly person and always made me feel cared for, and she's extremely knowledgeable and was always happy to answer my questions. I am very happy with the results of my egg freezing process with Dr. Zore... I had appointments almost every other day while I was taking my shots so that Dr. Zore could make adjustments to my dosage. My retrievals yielded 11 eggs the first time and 15 the second for a total of 26 eggs.
Spring really makes you feel like an individual rather than a number. Their facilities are clean and comfortable, and all of the staff I worked with were friendly and communicative. Their portal also has tons of information and made everything feel very accessible, and it was great to have all of my forms, messages, and resources in one place....communicated in a clear and timely manner, and always available to answer my questions
How was your experience with Temeka Zore at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
Dr. Zore was lovely to work with and I would recommend her in a heartbeat to anyone. She was very clear about the treatment process and what to expect, she is a warm and friendly person and always made me feel cared for, and she's extremely knowledgeable and was always happy to answer my questions. I am very happy with the results of my egg freezing process with Dr. Zore.
Dr. Zore was warm, communicative, and knowledgeable. Her staff was also wonderful to work with. Everyone was friendly, communicated in a clear and timely manner, and always available to answer my questions.
I did two back to back rounds of egg freezing with Dr. Zore, using FSH (Gonal-F and Menopur) and Cetrotide, and trigger shots Leuprolide and Pregnyl/Novarel at the end of both, with Aygestin in between the two rounds. I had appointments almost every other day while I was taking my shots so that Dr. Zore could make adjustments to my dosage. My retrievals yielded 11 eggs the first time and 15 the second for a total of 26 eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility San Francisco. (Assigned nurse: Alicia Skillicorn)
Alicia was wonderful to work with, friendly, communicative and helpful.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility San Francisco.
The cost for treatment was $8750 for my first round, and a 10% discount off that amount for my second round. There is an interest-free payment plan of $244 x 36 months that you can use for one round (you do need to pay your first round in full in order to do the second round, but I was able to pay the discounted rate in full and then do the payment plan for the full amount when I decided to do a second round). I did a medication package with Spring for my prescriptions at Alto Pharmacy and that was $4100 for the first round and $4400 for the second.

2021, Successful
Dr Zore was very warm and answered questions I had...She answered all my questions, has good bedside manner and her team is very responsive. Treatment was on the conservative side as my medications were lowered through the treatment cycle but still had good results...started at 200 Gonal F and 150 menopur. Dosage was decreased throughout cycle to 75/75 towards the end, and had trigger shot on day 10 with lowest trigger shot dosage. Results were still good (12 follicles at baseline, 13 mature eggs retrieved)...
[Spring Fertility] Central location in SOMA during the weekdays and another location in SF on the weekends. Nice new facilities. Very efficient with almost no wait time. I was in and out in less than 30 minutes for each appointment...If you’re going to use Spring, I highly recommend Dr Zore. She answered all my questions, has good bedside manner and her team is very responsive. Treatment was on the conservative side as my medications were lowered through the treatment cycle but still had good results...
How was your experience with Temeka Zore at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
Dr Zore was very warm and answered questions I had. She seemed very competent and I felt I was in good hands.
Treatment protocol was more conservative - started at 200 Gonal F and 150 menopur. Dosage was decreased throughout cycle to 75/75 towards the end, and had trigger shot on day 10 with lowest trigger shot dosage. Results were still good (12 follicles at baseline, 13 mature eggs retrieved).
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility San Francisco.
Initial consult, bloodwork, Treatment, medications, and storage
San Francisco - SOMA

In terms of strengths, I think Dr. Vaughn excels in professionalism, intelligence, kindness, warmth, empathy, and competence. I can't think of weakness for her. Like the people reading this review, I was well informed and well researched heading into this process and knew what would suit my personality type and the type of care I needed, and Dr. Vuaghn met my every expectation.
The care team at Spring Fertility and specifically Dr. Vaughn's team are quite impressive. Zunaira was my patient coordinator/fairy Godmother/amazing human being who kept me up to date on literally everything. We were always in the loop about the next steps, and I never felt confused about the process because it was so clearly communicated. I don't know how this team was assembled but they are all kind, professional, and organized. Emails and phone calls were responded to immediately, and the staff seemed happy to be there.
How was your experience with Sara Vaughn at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sara Vaughn at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
I hate to paint such a rosy picture without any constructive feedback, but I wouldn't give you any advice other than if you want a warm, caring, nurturing--and ultra-competent doctor to take care of you, call Dr. Vaughn now.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sara Vaughn at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
When I came to Dr. Vaughn, I expected to be treated like a number but ended up being treated like a human. She is warm, friendly--yet direct and confident. And she is reassuring without promising false hope. You get the sense she really cares because she spends time with you addressing your concerns and remembers details about your life. She is the perfect mix between relational and professional.
Describe the protocols Sara Vaughn used in your cycles at Spring Fertility San Francisco and their degree of success.
For our treatment, we of course first did all of the necessary testing and landed in the undiagnosed fertility category. Once treatment began, I started with Clomid, then triggered Ovidrel--having the IUI procedure two days later. The plan was to try that three times and then discuss other options if that didn't work. The first round was not successful but the second round was. Dr. Vaughns's rationale for using IUI as a first treatment was mostly my age (and I'm sure lots of other really logical concepts I don't remember). I remember she felt really confident about the treatment plan and so did we.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility San Francisco. (Assigned nurse: Anny)
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility San Francisco.
Spring Fertility seems to have a really well-organized system. There is always someone there to talk to, answer questions, or help you stay informed. You have a patient navigator, a nurse, a financial coordinator, a doctor, and then other people that call you to check on you periodically. For me, I think the doctor you get really makes a difference and I can't speak to all of the doctors but the ones I interacted with in addition to my primary doctor were really professional, competent, and friendly. They were also extremely accommodating about scheduling as I work and live two hours away from Mountain View where I was seen (I also went to SF occasioanlly). I never had trouble scheduling, and ultimately that is to the credit of my amazing Patient Navigator, Zunaira. She worked really hard to get me scheduled at times that were convenient for me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sara Vaughn at Spring Fertility San Francisco.
I don't think this is the cheapest option, but you pay for the exceptional service and extremely well-qualified doctors/staff.
Mountain View (closed)

Dr. Vaughn was a very clear communicator, which I appreciated. She shared the facts and studies she was using to make her decisions, and also sent me the papers after our appointments so I could read up on them myself. She also is very insightful into treatment for patients with diminished ovarian reserve, and modified my treatment plan throughout my cycles. With her modifications, I went from retrieving 3 and 2 eggs (cycles 1 and 2) to retrieving 15 and 15 eggs (cycles 3 and 4). I would highly recommend her to anyone undergoing IVF, especially those with diminished ovarian reserve.
Since I had low follicle count, we did a min stim protocol for cycles 1 and 2 (and got 3 and 2 eggs) [at Spring Fertility]...We also switched to a flare protocol (microdose lupron flare) with antagonist priming (testosterone and estrace) for cycles 3 and 4, and had much better results (15 and 16 eggs)...I was charged for medication through Alto (pharmacy), and Spring charged me for the appointments and blood work.
How was your experience with Sara Vaughn at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
If you don't understand something, ask lots of questions until you do! Dr. Vaughn is great at explaining complicated medical concepts, and is more than comfortable going into the weeds if you want details.
Dr. Vaughn was extremely receptive to my questions, she answered all my questions and concerns (and I had a lot!). She also checked in repeatedly with me to see how I was doing with each cycle, and provided assistance with my decision of whether to undergo more cycles.
Since I had low follicle count, we did a min stim protocol for cycles 1 and 2 (and got 3 and 2 eggs). Dr. Vaughn suggested that I try removing my IUD after cycle 1 - she said that studies show that it shouldn't make a difference, but that some of her patients had seen better results after IUD removal. We also switched to a flare protocol (microdose lupron flare) with antagonist priming (testosterone and estrace) for cycles 3 and 4, and had much better results (15 and 16 eggs).
The nursing staff was great. I am really bad with needles, but their blood draws were straightforward and as painless as they can get. The mountain view crew was particularly friendly and helpful. When I had appointments in the San Francisco office, they seemed more rushed and impersonal.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility San Francisco.
Spring Fertility has a great success rate, which is why I chose them. Their equipment and methodologies are very up-to-date, and their systems are seamless. The only downside to working with them at their Mountain View office is that it is only open M/W/F, so for appointments on other days, I had to go to Redwood City (Tu/Th) or San Francisco (weekends). Only the San Francisco office does retrievals. Therefore, there was some logistical hassles, but the doctors at the different offices exchanged information seamlessly and there were no issues with my treatment due to this.

2020, 18 Eggs Frozen
In my first meeting with Dr. Vaughn I was impressed by her ability to explain the egg retrieval process in great detail, while also maintaining a warmth and approachability. She acknowledged the challenges around making a decision like freezing your eggs and patiently answered all my questions. At the end of the meeting I felt that any reservations I had were gone and I was excited about starting a once daunting process with the support of Dr. Vaughn. This clear communication and supportive attitude carried through my entire experience!
The cost of the egg retrieval procedure [at Spring Fertility] was $8,500 with the option for a payment plan and the medication ended up at around $4,000...I had a great experience at the Mountain View clinic, where the majority of my appointments were held. The staff was very friendly, the clinic was clean and comfortable and I never waited to begin my appointment. My visits were always quick and easy!
How was your experience with Sara Vaughn at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Vaughn from start to finish. I felt that she was genuinely invested in my comfort with each step of the process and in my overall success with egg retrieval. She was great about explaining each step the process and clearly communicating what comes next after each visit. She was friendly, relatable and positive. Most importantly, she made what once seemed an intimidating process completely attainable. I felt incredibly well cared for during my time with Dr. Vaughn.
I would advise anyone considering egg retrieval and freezing not to hesitate to reach out and learn more. I would encourage them to place their trust in Dr. Vaughn and her amazing team, as they are true professionals and lovely people.
My egg retrieval treatment included regular appointments for ultrasounds to monitor ovarian follicle growth and bloodwork to monitor hormone levels. I began with 10 days of birth control and then moved on to 12 total days of twice daily injections before my retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility San Francisco. (Assigned nurse: Anny Chen )
Anny and the rest of the care team were great to work with! They were wonderful at managing my schedule, handling medication orders and clearly communicating every step of the process. Any time I reached out with a question or concern I received a response almost immediately, which was very impressive!
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility San Francisco.
The cost of the egg retrieval procedure was $8,500 with the option for a payment plan and the medication ended up at around $4,000.
Mountain View (closed)
Dr. Vaughn adjusted my treatments based on the results of my first cycle, which was not so satisfactory. She recommended a more aggressive treatment, informed me about the inconvenience involved (more injections), and this led to more successful cycles...is warm and approachable. She was knowledgeable about my particular circumstances, and I received personalized care and recommendations based on her knowledge. I felt that I could go to her about questions, even outside of the care/services I was directly receiving from her.
There was a miscommunication between the nursing director and the nursing staff [at Spring Fertility] regarding dropping off lab samples at a third-party lab. I communicated this to the the nursing staff immediately, but it unfortunately happened twice, and was quite stressful, in addition to the inconvenience...Doctors, and nursing staff are very professional and capable. Do note that your retrieval might not always be with your main/primary doctor, and that occasionally you'll be seen by a different doctor on your monitoring appointments (the routine check-ins). This is because the retrievals, and other procedures I assume are on a rotating schedule.
How was your experience with Sara Vaughn at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
From my very first appointment with Dr.Vaughn, I felt that I was in very capable hands. It was important for me to have a female doctor as i went through this journey. She has immaculate bedside manners, and professionalism. She also educated me along the way, so that I understood the fertility process much better than i had months prior. She was honest with me about my prospects, while at the same time encouraging optimism, striking a good balance for fertility-related care.
Ask questions, be realistic about your expectations, relax. You're in good hands.
Dr. Vaughn is warm and approachable. She was knowledgeable about my particular circumstances, and I received personalized care and recommendations based on her knowledge. I felt that I could go to her about questions, even outside of the care/services I was directly receiving from her.
Anny was wonderful. I felt that she was a companion (besides my partner) in this journey. She was communicative, very organized, and always provided help when I needed it.
Describe your experience with Spring Fertility San Francisco.
The clinic is very well-run. Doctors, and nursing staff are very professional and capable. Do note that your retrieval might not always be with your main/primary doctor, and that occasionally you'll be seen by a different doctor on your monitoring appointments (the routine check-ins). This is because the retrievals, and other procedures I assume are on a rotating schedule.
What specific things went wrong at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Spring Fertility San Francisco.
There was a miscommunication between the nursing director and the nursing staff regarding dropping off lab samples at a third-party lab. I communicated this to the the nursing staff immediately, but it unfortunately happened twice, and was quite stressful, in addition to the inconvenience.

2020, 44 Eggs Frozen
I had three treatment cycles with Dr Vaughn this summer, and my experience has been nothing but great from the initial consultant to the final procedure/surgery. During the initial consultant session, she was very patient in understanding my goal and explaining everything in an easy-to-understand. Each appointment with Dr. Vaughn is warm and personable, I trusted her every step of of the process. I highly recommend.
Anny [from Spring Fertility] was amazing. She communicates promptly, pays great attention to details. She is warm and caring...They have multiple locations across the area, so it can be very convenient. I had appointments with several on-call nurses and doctors ( when my primary team was absent, ie. weekend or holiday) , they are all very professional, nice and warm. Facility is also very clean. I never had to wait for too long in the patience room
How was your experience with Sara Vaughn at Spring Fertility San Francisco?
Don't hesitate to contact Dr. Vaughn.
Dr. Vaughn was very warm during my treatment, either during in-person appointments or over the phone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Spring Fertility San Francisco. (Assigned nurse: Anny Chen)
Anny was amazing. She communicates promptly, pays great attention to details. She is warm and caring.
$1500