LGBTQ+ Competent Care
LGBTQ+ Competent Care

Based on reviews from the LGBTQ+ community.

LGBTQ+ Care
LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

4444 Forest Park Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63108
St. Louis - Missouri Baptist Med Center
3023 N. Ballas Road
St. Louis, MO 63131

2014 - 2015, Successful
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
He [Dr Omurtag] would call on weekends to make sure I was doing ok on my meds. When I found out I had DOR after I tried donating my eggs to my sister, he literally said his stomach dropped when he read my diagnosis. He was hurting with us. That's when I knew he was the right doctor for me...Be open and honest. If you don't agree with an option he gives, let him know. He will work with you to find the best treatment possible and make sure you feel supported.
Friendly and cooperative. Difficult to get through to an actual person though. Almost always have to leave a message for them to call you back. But almost always very quickly back....He [Dr Omurtag] would call on weekends to make sure I was doing ok on my meds. When I found out I had DOR after I tried donating my eggs to my sister, he literally said his stomach dropped when he read my diagnosis.
How was your experience with Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine?
He would call on weekends to make sure I was doing ok on my meds. When I found out I had DOR after I tried donating my eggs to my sister, he literally said his stomach dropped when he read my diagnosis. He was hurting with us. That's when I knew he was the right doctor for me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine?
He genuinely cared about my issues and our success.
Very friendly!
2015, Unknown Success
I have so much to say about doctor Odem and his group. They were absolutely fantastic...He spent hours in consults with me. When I was hospitalized, he came to see me every day for progress checks. His nurses knew me by more than just my chart. I had the best experience at Washington University in St. Louis.
I have so much to say about doctor Odem and his group [at Washington University in St. Louis Fertility]. They were absolutely fantastic...His nurses knew me by more than just my chart. I had the best experience at Washington University in St. Louis. I would suggest anyone looking into RE's to look into the St. Louis area.
How was your experience with Randall Odem (retired) at Washington University School of Medicine?
I have so much to say about doctor Odem and his group. They were absolutely fantastic. They took the time to take every single one of my phone calls. He spent hours in consults with me. When I was hospitalized, he came to see me every day for progress checks. His nurses knew me by more than just my chart. I had the best experience at Washington University in St. Louis. I would suggest anyone looking into RE's to look into the St. Louis area.
Randall Odem (retired)
St. Louis - Central West End

The tone in the way that the staff [at Washington University in St. Louis Fertility] and Dr. Keller talked to me showed that they had true compassion....Dr. Keller successfully got me pregnant and was a compassionate Doctor. Her nursing staff was also great!
How was your experience with Sarah Keller at Washington University School of Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sarah Keller at Washington University School of Medicine?
Utilize the patient portal, that is the fastest way to get a response
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sarah Keller at Washington University School of Medicine?
The tone in the way that the staff and dr. Keller talked to me showed that they had true compassion.

2020, Unknown Success
IUI With Other Docs
There is no denying she is an experienced clinician, so if respect and thoughtfulness aren't part of your criteria for a physician, by all means, visit Dr. Sarah Keller. Personally, I will be going elsewhere... Her contempt for my concerns, and indeed, my intellectual capacity in general, was palpable...he preemptively made choices for me on my consent form, warned me not to let the big words on the form "scare" me, and declined to explain technical aspects of the procedure
[Washington University School of Medicine] Strengths: Experienced clinicians Mostly follow ACOG and ASRM guidelines Kind nursing staff Weaknesses: Poor patient communication Lengthy waiting times NB: This is a training facility. If you don't want fellows experimenting on you in order to bolster their professional portfolios, be sure to say so. And no, you don't get a discount for allowing a less experienced doctor to do your treatment.
Dr. Keller is a condescending bully. Her contempt for my concerns, and indeed, my intellectual capacity in general, was palpable. Before my procedure, she tried to prescribe me a medication without any explanation. When I inquired further, I was told the medication (which had significant side effects like nausea and syncope) was not necessary after all. On the day of the procedure, she preemptively made choices for me on my consent form, warned me not to let the big words on the form "scare" me, and declined to explain technical aspects of the procedure (oocyte retrieval). There is no denying she is an experienced clinician, so if respect and thoughtfulness aren't part of your criteria for a physician, by all means, visit Dr. Sarah Keller. Personally, I will be going elsewhere.
Be prepared to ask specific questions, since she will not volunteer information or attempt to educate her patient.
Dr. Keller is a condescending bully. She treated my husband and me as if we were mewling idiots; for example, she admonished me not to let the big words on the consent form--whose CHOICES she had ALREADY filled out PRIOR to consulting me--"scare" me.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Washington University School of Medicine.
The nursing staff in general is very nice, although one gets the impression that they are overworked and underpaid--much like nurses everywhere. It is clear they have to do a great deal of communicating on behalf of the physicians, who are nearly impossible to reach (which is by design, make no mistake).
St. Louis - Central West End

I rarely saw or spoke with Jungheim. The care was through nurses. ... I never felt like she was involved in my care at all - or that she even knew any of the details. ... found her nice but behind in the medical literature...based on the outdated practices used in my care compared to the recommendations by ACOG and ASRM. ... She wanted to transfer all 3 but I refused as that is not recommended by ASRM
Wrong semen results. Poor protocols. [Washington University School of Medicine] Charged $2000 because we made more embryos than transferred. Never told prices after insurance despite asking. Incorrect billing to insurance - transfer and extra two days of incubation covered, not doctor or egg retrieval. Double billed for ultrasounds. ... With medication $31,000 for one cycle of IVF. We were not told this upfront ... The nurse was fine - she handled some of the IUIs and the phone calls. I often felt like she didn't have good answers to my questions but no real issues.
How was your experience with Emily Jungheim at Washington University School of Medicine?
I rarely saw Dr. Jungheim despite being her patient. The model of care is centered on nurses and techs - you only see the doctor for initial consult and egg retrieval/transfers and there is no certainty you will get your doctor. I found her nice but behind in the medical literature and she certainly didn't seem like a world class IVF researcher (or Center of Excellence as WUSTL bills it) based on the outdated practices used in my care compared to the recommendations by ACOG and ASRM.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Emily Jungheim at Washington University School of Medicine?
Go elsewhere - the people that have success here with IVF would likely conceive with monitored IUIs elsewhere.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Emily Jungheim at Washington University School of Medicine?
Honestly, I rarely saw or spoke with Jungheim. The care was through nurses. I saw her for my initial visit, for a a visit after 3 failed IUIs, at egg retrieval, and at my fresh embryo transfer. She called once or twice - once after I left a furious message with the nurse when we were given the wrong man's sperm information and after I demanded a call when our embryo transfer failed. I never felt like she was involved in my care at all - or that she even knew any of the details. The few meetings we had felt like combat - I would come in having read all the recent literature and wanting standards of care based on current recommendations, and she would cite decade old research as justification for her decisions. IUIs were done with clomid and no monitoring. When I could not detect ovulation one month they did a vaginal ultrasound and found a cyst. I was not told about the cyst (I saw it when I requested my medical records) nor was it monitored in any way.
Describe the protocols Emily Jungheim used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
IUIs - 2 with clomid, no cycle monitoring. Test at home for ovulation using home predictor strips and call when positive. Bring in sample, it will be washed and inseminated by a nurse. Next 2 IUIs were with femera after I had a reaction to the clomid. IVF: long lupron. 15 days stim protocol. daily lupron, started with 3 vials menopur and gonal-f. I was told this is what they did for low AMH values. Doses were adjusted every 3rd day based on bloodwork and ultrasound scans. Triggered with IM HGH; egg retrieval followed. We retrieved 13 eggs, 10 mature, 3 fertilized and all 3 made it to day 3. Transfer: fresh embryo transfer on day 3. She wanted to transfer all 3 but I refused as that is not recommended by ASRM. We agreed to two. We had 8, 7, and 6 cell embryos; transferred 6 and 8 cell embryos and asked to continue growing the 7 cell to day 5 and freezing. We were told it would likely not make it. It did and we froze the embryo. And for this - our embryo having the audacity to live and me refusing to transfer above the ASRM recommendations we were charged $2000 in lab culture fees for the additional two days of growth.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Melanie or Molly? )
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Strengths - TV shows episodes of Great British Baking. I was really well monitored coming out of anesthesia following the egg retrieval and felt really well cared for. They kept me for more than a hour, made sure I could urinate, and just overall kept me well monitored. This was probably the best part of my experience with them. Weaknesses - IUIs are unmonitored and not likely to succeed. Cysts were not monitored. No communication with doctor outside of consults and those were few and far between. The biggest issues: 1) we had very low fertilization rates even with ICSI (next clinic 100% vs 30%). 2) 3 day fresh transfers are just not that common any more because all the data suggest that day 5 and frozen transfers are more likely to implant. Ultimately, we choose to move our remaining embryo to a different practice because we both were convinced WUSTL would kill the embryo and our chances of success with them would be low. Based on the numbers, they do numerous egg retrievals for each success and they have a biased clinic population towards younger (&lt;35 years old) women. Also, they gave us someone else's semen analysis. Finally: billing. We went to the WUSTL FRCM because it was the only clinic my insurance would cover. We had 10k in drugs and 10k in infertility. I got a pre-approval as required by the practice and the insurance company. I asked what our share would be when paying the $600 cycle deposit. I was told they couldn't tell me - it was against policy. We went ahead on good faith. That was a huge mistake. Our IVF cycle with them cost $31,000 including $12,000 in drugs. We were expected to pay the $11,000 difference at full rate - not a plan and not at the negotiated rate with our insurance company. It cost us more to do a cycle with WUSTL FRCM with insurance than with another clinic without insurance.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Emily Jungheim at Washington University School of Medicine.
With medication $31,000 for one cycle of IVF. We were not told this upfront (had 20k insurance cap - 10 meds, 10 procedures). We were told after negative pregnancy test we owed $11,000 including $2000 in lab fees for making more embryos then were transferred.
Describe Emily Jungheim's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Washington University School of Medicine.
She transfers too many embryos too early.
What specific things went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine.
Wrong semen results. Poor protocols. Charged $2000 because we made more embryos than transferred. Never told prices after insurance despite asking. Incorrect billing to insurance - transfer and extra two days of incubation covered, not doctor or egg retrieval. Double billed for ultrasounds.
Emily Jungheim

2023, Consult
He [Dr. Dan Lebovic] was a very good communicator, explained his future treatment plan in a way we could understand along with reasonings for why. He listened to our concerns and came up with solutions to combat them and make us more at ease. We feel very comfortable under his care...He feels very strongly about transferring one embryo at a time. He wants a healthy baby, healthy mother, and a healthy pregnancy overall and believes carrying one baby at a time is a big part of that.
My basic appointments were covered under insurance, which they [Washington University School of Medicine] except most insurances according to the front desk lady I spoke with...He [Dr. Dan Lebovic] was a very good communicator, explained his future treatment plan in a way we could understand along with reasonings for why. He listened to our concerns and came up with solutions to combat them and make us more at ease. We feel very comfortable under his care.
How was your experience with Dan Lebovic at Washington University School of Medicine?
He was a very good communicator, explained his future treatment plan in a way we could understand along with reasonings for why. He listened to our concerns and came up with solutions to combat them and make us more at ease. We feel very comfortable under his care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Dan Lebovic at Washington University School of Medicine?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions about your treatment plan. Understanding what’s to come is so important and he will be very open and honest while answering them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Dan Lebovic at Washington University School of Medicine?
He explained his future treatment plan very well. He listened to every issue that we brought to his attention and explained his reasonings for each step and how we address these issues moving forward
Describe the protocols Dan Lebovic used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
Haven’t started my treatments yet, just consultations and testing will be soon.
I answered neutrally because I haven’t dealt with the nurses yet
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
I am still a new patient, so I don’t currently have much input at this time. I have just gone through a consultation a little over a week ago and will have my testing done after my next cycle and then I could answer more about the clinic at that time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Dan Lebovic at Washington University School of Medicine.
My basic appointments were covered under insurance, which they except most insurances according to the front desk lady I spoke with
Describe Dan Lebovic's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Washington University School of Medicine.
Dan Lebovic
St. Louis - Central West End

Dr. Omurtag was gentle, kind, patient, able to explain things in detail so that I felt like I understand the process, not pushy, open to questions, and really seemed like he genuinely loved his job...He used facts and data to rationalize the options he presented while being supportive as we decided on what would be best for us.
[Washington U School of Medicine is] Professional, clean, efficient, friendly, easy to navigate. The clinic has an easy to navigate and informative website. They provide information in multiple formats for maximum effectiveness of communication...The approach was to present all the information and options in a way that didn't feel like it was pressuring us to make one decision or another. He used facts and data to rationalize the options he presented while being supportive as we decided on what would be best for us.
Dr. Omurtag is an amazing doctor at an amazing clinic. He is a true partner with his patients as he goes through the process with you. I found no weaknesses or points of frustration in Dr. Omurtag's ability or bedside manner.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and let him know if you need something rephrased or elaborated on because he is happy to do so.
Describe the protocols Kenan Omurtag used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
The protocol used was long agonist IVF after IUI and fertility pills did not work due to my diagnosis of Unknown Ovulation Disorder. He even connected me with a pelvic therapist to help a secondary issue I didn't even know I had until meeting with him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jessie,Mary,Sandra, Cynthia, Marilyn, Kathy, Crystal, Denice)
Professional, kind, warm, supportive, understanding, patient, prompt with communication, helpful
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine.
Little to none due to the treatment being covered under insurance
Describe Kenan Omurtag's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Washington University School of Medicine.
2018 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Omurtag has incredible bedside manner. He is caring and sensitive and personable...He was professional, yet extremely personal and supportive. I felt completely at ease in his care. I tested positive for COVID during our first attempted IVF cycle (had just started stimulation). We had to cancel the cycle, and [he] and his entire team was supportive and caring.
I have discussed [Washington U School of Midicine] strength's throughout. I cannot point out any weaknesses. Excellent staff - from the front desk to coordinators to doctors and nurses to surgical staff. All are welcoming and caring. I never thought I would say this, but I will miss going to this office for the time being...All wonderful. Kept in constant communication with me. Were quick to respond to any questions or concerns I had.
The best doctor I've ever had. I do not have one negative thing to say about him. He was professional, yet extremely personal and supportive. I felt completely at ease in his care. I tested positive for COVID during our first attempted IVF cycle (had just started stimulation). We had to cancel the cycle, and Dr. Omurtag and his entire team was supportive and caring.
Don't worry; he's got you.
3 cycles Clomid only (per my request), all unsuccessful. 3 cycles IUI with Clomid, all unsuccessful. 1 interrupted cycle IVF due to my COVID diagnosis. 1 long-agonist IVF cycle (oral BC, lupron, follistim, menopur, trigger, and progesterone) with 19 follicles detected on US, 12 eggs retrieved, half ICSI and half non-ICSI, 6 eggs fertilized, 3 excellent quality embryos, single embryo transfer with positive singleton pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kathy Shelton RN and Jessie Rieger)
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
I have discussed strength's throughout. I cannot point out any weaknesses. Excellent staff - from the front desk to coordinators to doctors and nurses to surgical staff. All are welcoming and caring. I never thought I would say this, but I will miss going to this office for the time being.
I prefer not to say. I have a fertility benefit through my insurance that covered over half of our expenses.
St. Louis - Central West End
[Dr. Sarah Keller's]Strengths- knowledgeable, kind, informative...After a fertility test, she recommended fibroid surgery. After surgery, she did further tests and recommended polyp removal. Each surgery has improved my quality of life greatly! No baby yet. We plan to continue surgeries and IVF after Covid-19 dies down...
[staff of Washington University School of Medicine]They are really good communicators. I never feel like a number. They’ve never messed up with billing and they’re always gracious...they are really good at drawing blood and they are very kind in the process...[nurses]They’re thorough and amazing...The costs are minimal, we have good insurance
Strengths- knowledgeable, kind, informative Weakness- It’s a lot to ask but I wish she understood a bit better how to relate to a 40-something very pro-life, patient. Some words are very triggering like “Viable fetus” or “products of conception”. A simple study of semantics could help patients process difficult news a bit better. Again, no judgment here, just a suggestion...She’s awesome!
Listen to her advice, she’s a professional who cares.
She’s amazing! I love Dr. Keller. She’s brilliant, informative, and helpful
Describe the protocols Sarah Keller used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
They’re thorough and amazing!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
They’re clean and organized. They are really good communicators. I never feel like a number. They’ve never messed up with billing and they’re always gracious. Also, I have very little veins. And they are really good at drawing blood and they are very kind in the process. You’ll love it!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sarah Keller at Washington University School of Medicine.
The costs are minimal, we have good insurance. The fertility stuff isn’t covered so we are preparing for that big financial hit.
Describe Sarah Keller's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Washington University School of Medicine.
No comments
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Dr. Keller was very nice & compassionate. I had a traumatic experience with her just because I was not expecting my only options would be egg donor or adoption...We did one round of clomid & I developed a cyst so we stopped it. She told me we could try clomid for another 6 months but it was very unlikely I would get pregnant on my own. I was not a candidate for IVF as my fsh was too high...
I did not have a lot of interaction with the [WU School of Medicine] nursing staff. Dr Keller called me most of the time. But whenever I did have to call the nursing staff, they were very responsive & prompt...The clinic is very kind & prompt with replies. I think they’re very straightforward with wanting to do IVF. They do not take a holistic approach at all so if this is important to you I would look somewhere else.
Dr. Keller was very nice & compassionate. I had a traumatic experience with her just because I was not expecting my only options would be egg donor or adoption. She also is very one track minded. I’ve had ulcerative colitis for years which she did not correlate to effecting my fertility which is mostly definitely has been the cause of my infertility. I would like to see her take a more holistic approach & study the causes of infertility more.
She’s very kind but very regimented.
Dr Keller was very kind & compassionate. She delivered hard news & was very gentle about it.
We did one round of clomid & I developed a cyst so we stopped it. She told me we could try clomid for another 6 months but it was very unlikely I would get pregnant on my own. I was not a candidate for IVF as my fsh was too high so my only two options going forward was egg donor or adoption.
I did not have a lot of interaction with the nursing staff. Dr Keller called me most of the time. But whenever I did have to call the nursing staff, they were very responsive & prompt. I had no complaints regarding them.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
I did not get to this part. My consultation fee was not too high.
Did not get this far.
2020 - 2024, Successful
can’t say enough great things about Dr. Omurtag. From the moment we met him, we knew we truly cared about our journey and what we wanted to achieve. I wish he would have been able to do our transfers or retrieval...treat us like a member of their own family...He only would let us transfer one
[At Washington University School of Medicine] Every member of the staff is incredible...we wish the collection rooms were a little more comfortable. You can also hear people talking in the hall which can be distracting in an already uncomfortable situation...are communicative, informative and caring.
We can’t say enough great things about Dr. Omurtag. From the moment we met him, we knew we truly cared about our journey and what we wanted to achieve. I wish he would have been able to do our transfers or retrieval, but also understand that’s not always possible.
You may not always interact with him every visit, but be assured he is monitoring everything very closely.
Dr. Omurtag and his team treat us like a member of their own family. The entire team makes it a point to know our names and build relationships with us. They know our kids names and are always personable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kim )
Kim and Jessie. We cannot out into words how wonderful these two people are. They are communicative, informative and caring. We feel like we have known them our whole lives. They both go out of their way to help us and make sure we have everything we need through this intimate journey.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Every member of the staff is incredible. The only thing we would say is we wish the collection rooms were a little more comfortable. You can also hear people talking in the hall which can be distracting in an already uncomfortable situation.
He only would let us transfer one.
St. Louis - Central West End

During our initial consultation with Dr. Omurtag, he spent a lot of time with us going over every detail. He never seemed rushed and answered all of our questions. While he provided treatment recommendations, he allowed us to come up with a plan that worked for our family...He always responded promptly to messages through My Chart..
They [Washington University School of Medicine nurses] were very organized and provided clear instructions every step of the way. They always responded promptly to phone messages and messages through My Chart...Everything needed was in the same location and easily accessible...He never seemed rushed and answered all of our questions. While he provided treatment recommendations, he allowed us to come up with a plan that worked for our family.
Doctor Omurtag was kind, patient, compassionate and incredibly knowledgeable. He allowed us to come up with a fertility plan that worked for us. He explained every step of the process in detail and answered any question we had. He always responded promptly to messages through My Chart.
Go see him!
Three rounds of Clomid with timed intercourse.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kathy and Jessie)
Kathy and Jessie were incredibly kind, compassionate and helpful. They were very organized and provided clear instructions every step of the way. They always responded promptly to phone messages and messages through My Chart.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Everything needed was in the same location and easily accessible. XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxccccccccccccccffffffffffffffFfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffBbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb Ghggggggghhhhhhhhggggggggggggggggggg
I don’t believe I had to pay out of pocket for anything other than copays.
St. Louis - Central West End

[Dr. Kenan Omurtag] was a good doctor. I felt he could have been more willing to really Go for tailoring my meds but held back. He is honest and trustworthy with a good sense of humor. My only criticism really was he seemed a little passive at times...He agrees with multiples which was awesome but didn't work for us...Be pushy and stay on him about what you really want!! Hes a great guy.
The nurses [at Washington University School of Medicine] didn't follow the doctors instructions and called in the wrong meds leading to a cycle being cancelled. Called to badger me about coming in for shot that was unnecessary...a mess...Everyone was kind and helpful. Be careful about walking around you may get overwhelmed with answers and insights from staff. Staff are uber excited to help. Open on weekends and cheerful to boot. Very very helpful and interested in educating the clients.
Kenan was a good doctor. I felt he could have been more willing to really Go for tailoring my meds but held back. He is honest and trustworthy with a good sense of humor. My only criticism really was he seemed a little passive at times.
Be pushy and stay on him about what you really want!! Hes a great guy.
The nurses often got directives confused.
I doubt I could accurately recall the details
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Forget but she was the best things fell apart when she left)
Crappy confused the prescriptions more than once caused a cycle to be cancelled
Exuberant
He agrees with multiples which was awesome but didn't work for us.
What specific things went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine?
The nurses didn't follow the doctors instructions and called in the wrong meds leading to a cycle being cancelled. Called to badger me about coming in for shot that was unnecessary...a mess
St. Louis - Central West End

Staff [at Washington University School of Medicine] is friendly on arrival. When I was there they were transitioning computer charting, so everyone was confused. When making initial appointment, found it difficult to get through. When doing the financial clearance portion, found it difficult to get a callback...Dr Jungheim explained every detail of the IVF process and the steps we would be taking next. She was very knowledgeable and transparent. She was compassionate and had great bedside manner. She looks at all treatment options and decides what would work best for you. When a test result showed something we weren’t expecting, she had a plan be to use if needed. I am not through my IVF cycle, but have had a great experience with Dr. Jungheim this far.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Staff is friendly on arrival. When I was there they were transitioning computer charting, so everyone was confused. When making initial appointment, found it difficult to get through. When doing the financial clearance portion, found it difficult to get a callback.
Emily Jungheim

2022 - 2023, Successful
I felt very confident working with Dr. Lebovic. He demonstrated his knowledge and understanding of the subject matter and shared learnings from all his experience. He was compassionate about our individual situations and patient with our decisions. He clearly explained all our options and provided us with his recommendation for best chance of success. In the end we were successful after our first round of IVF and my husband and I feel we could not have gotten this far without a doctor like Dr. Lebovic.
Their [Washington University School of Medicine] greatest strength was their timeliness. I was never left sitting in the waiting room for too long before being seen. The ultrasound technicians and nurses drawing blood were professional and highly trained. Most appointments lasted less than 5 minutes. As everyone has busy schedules I appreciated their timeliness to get me in and out promptly. The clinic was easy to communicate with.
Ask questions. Depending on your situation the ins and outs can be complicated and having a personal understand gave us a lot of confidence. Dr. Lebovic was great at explaining things for us.
Dr. Lebovic took the time to explain each process clearly and answer any questions we had. He was sympathetic to our individual situation and patient with us making decisions about our care.
Dr. Lebovic diagnosed me with PCOS. Prior to meeting with Dr. Lebovic I was prescribed Clomid and that was unsuccessful. Dr. Lebovic wanted to try other oral medications that have proven successful with PCOS patients, specifically Letrozole. We tried multiple doses of Letrozole and even combinations of Letrozole, Clomid, Tamoxifen over about 4 cycles. I was closely monitored via vaginal ultrasound during each cycle. Each cycle had its challenges including no response from the follicles, thinning of the lining, and random start cycles with continued medication. Only half of the cycles provided a positive response where we could try timed intercourse but, ultimately those were unsuccessful. Due to the fact that the medication was not providing consistent results Dr. Lebovic recommended our best option for success was IVF. He explained this process would offer a more controlled approach to the fertility process which is what we were struggling with. Dr. Lebovic explained the process, risks and potential outcomes, and we agreed this was our best option moving forward. During the IVF cycle i took Follistim, Menopur, Leuprolide, Ganerelix, Novarel, and Progesterone, all of which are injectable medications. The purpose of each medication was explained to us so we knew what to expect. I underwent the retrieval process and then a fresh day 5 embryo transfer. The remaining embryos were frozen. A couple weeks later we had a confirmed pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kate)
Kate was fantastic. She was a calming voice thru the entire process. She responded promptly to any MyChart questions I had. She effectively explained the results and next steps with the medications. She was compassionate and I truly felt like she cared about us and we were not just names on a chart. After our positive pregnancy results and we “graduated” to my primary OB, Kate was there to congratulate us and encouraged us to stay in touch.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Their greatest strength was their timeliness. I was never left sitting in the waiting room for too long before being seen. The ultrasound technicians and nurses drawing blood were professional and highly trained. Most appointments lasted less than 5 minutes. As everyone has busy schedules I appreciated their timeliness to get me in and out promptly. The clinic was easy to communicate with.
The oral medication I took was covered under my insurance so some of it was fully covered or cost me less than $50. The IVF process was not covered under my insurance so the cost was $18,000. The medication prescribed for IVF was an additional $3000.
Dr. Lebovic’s approach is eSET. Pregnancies of multiples carries risk and he primary focus is on a healthy pregnancy for both the mother and baby. We appreciated this approach as to not introduce any additional risk.
What specific things went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine?
The progesterone is oil shots are intramuscular injections and can be painful. The document we went home with stating ways to make the shots more tolerable said do not massage the area after the shot. My nurse coordinator told me yes, do massage the area to dissipate the medication and that they recommend it. We massaged the area and everything was fine.
Dan Lebovic

2022, Successful
He [Dr. Kenan Omurtag] was knowledgeable and willing to listen to what I wanted to do rather than what he believed would be the best course of action. He had a game plan for me ready and I was not as up for jumping straight to IUI, and when I said so, he was agreeable and was more than happy to start small and go big if we needed to. I really appreciated that. Just to be listened to and validated.
They [Washington University School of Medicine] are great at making you feel welcome. The ambiance of the clinic when you walk in is relaxed and has an open waiting area with relaxing lighting, and everyone always has smiles on their faces. I would highly recommend this clinic to anyone needing fertility help...The nurses went above and beyond. They were wonderful, kind, and took the time to explain everything in great detail so I had informed and knowledgeable consent on everything they were doing. They even went as far to as me if I had any sexual traumas that they needed to be aware of to better care for me. That was exceptional care in my opinion.
He was knowledgeable and willing to listen to what I wanted to do rather than what he believed would be the best course of action. He had a game plan for me ready and I was not as up for jumping straight to IUI, and when I said so, he was agreeable and was more than happy to start small and go big if we needed to. I really appreciated that. Just to be listened to and validated.
Take the plung, and don’t be scared to speak up for what you want and want to try!
I was always ask permission before anything was done on me. His nurses even inquired if I have had any past sexual traumas that they should be aware of to better care for me. While I do not, that made me very happy that they cared enough to ask before proceeding with any physical exams.
We tried one round of letrazol (because clomid had not worked in the past before I decided to see fertility assistance) without trigger injection to see if I would ovulate naturally. We kept an eye on my follicle growth and uterus lining to make sure everything was good and going as planned. I failed to ovulate on my own as well as my eggs did not mature as fast as they needed to so our next cycle we upped the letrazol and added the trigger shot. That was just what my body needed to get my eggs to where they needed to be and my ovary to release it! Doc wanted to jump straight to IUI since I was still young and had a good ovarian reserve. But I decided I wanted to try a more conservative method first (well aware that I may have ended up having to do IUI, but willing to take the risk) and I am very glad I did. We fell pregnant the second round. I was on low dose baby aspirin and injectable aspirin once a day from confirmed pregnancy blood work, until 6 weeks after her birth. And it was worth every penny, stick, poke, and cry. I have a beautiful baby girl who is now 4 months old.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
They are great at making you feel welcome. The ambiance of the clinic when you walk in is relaxed and has an open waiting area with relaxing lighting, and everyone always has smiles on their faces. I would highly recommend this clinic to anyone needing fertility help.
My care was almost all covered by my insurance because most of the things I needed were diagnostic testing which was cover by my healthcare provider. The only excluded items were milage (I live 3 hours away), my trigger shot injection ($100-130 depending on if you paid with cash) and the letrazol which was less than $15 a round, and my co-pay which was $30. It would have been more had I chose to go the IUI route (which my insurance does not cover), but financially a trigger shot and timed intercourse was the best route for me. All of the above payments were also reimbursed to me VIA HSA/FSA plan as well.
2022, Successful
I really can’t say enough nice things about Dr.Omurtag. He is very confident and I love that about him. He gives you all of the information needed to make the best decision for yourself...Any procedure Dr.Omurtag has performed on me was so much more tolerable than previous ones I’ve had with other doctors...explains everything in detail and lets you make the decision that you feel is right for you. He is very patient and detail oriented.
I really liked this clinic [Washington University School of Medicine], they make sure you don’t wait long to be seen, they’re all so nice and compassionate. For any new patients, I would recommend asking any questions you may have. Make your expectations known...[nurse] Kathy was amazing! She was very knowledgeable and prompt. Whenever I have a question she is fast to respond. She kept me updated on all of my results and made sure I understood what to do next.
Any procedure Dr.Omurtag has performed on me was so much more tolerable than previous ones I’ve had with other doctors. Saline sonogram- Dr. Omurtag walked me through everything he made me feel comfortable. Since I’ve had this procedure before at a different clinic, I was very nervous because it was extremely painful before. However, when Dr. Omurtag did the saline sonogram it was such a different experience. The procedure was really quick and nowhere near as painful as it was the first time. Hysteroscopy- Dr. Omurtag was so informative. He walked me through everything he was doing before he did it. He was so reassuring and confident. The procedure was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. It was very bearable. IVF- Dr. Omurtag recommended a fresh embryo transfer, so that is what we did. He wanted to make sure that I didn’t get OHSS since I had around 40 follicles at baseline. Thankfully my ovaries responded well to the medication and we retrieved 20 eggs, 18 were mature and 12 fertilized. We transferred 1 4AA embryo and 7 made it to blast to be frozen. I really can’t say enough nice things about Dr.Omurtag. He is very confident and I love that about him. He gives you all of the information needed to make the best decision for yourself.
Do not compare yourself to other people. Each protocol is designed according to what each individual needs. What works for you, may not work for another person.
Dr. Omurtag explains everything in detail and lets you make the decision that you feel is right for you. He is very patient and detail oriented.
I did a fresh embryo cycle using the antogonist protocol. I have unexplained infertility,<35 and have a normal amh, Dr. Omurtag felt that would be the best option for me. I have PCOS, so Dr. Omurtag, didn’t want me to get OHSS so he kept my dosages at an appropriate level and thankfully I did not get OHSS. I had 18 mature eggs, so since I have unexplained infertility, we wanted to see if maybe there was a fertilization issue so we split the eggs. 9 were inseminated with icsi and 9 were inseminated with conventional ivf. 5 fertilized eggs resulted from icsi and 7 fertilized eggs resulted from conventional ivf. The 4AA embryo we transferred was a result of conventional ivf.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kathy)
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
I really liked this clinic, they make sure you don’t wait long to be seen, they’re all so nice and compassionate. For any new patients, I would recommend asking any questions you may have. Make your expectations known.
I used insurance, so I don’t have the total cost.
Dr.Omurtag and I both agreed that transferring only 1 embryo was the best choice for me.

2021, Successful
Wow. I cannot put into words how grateful and pleased my husband and I were with Dr. Omurtag...You will probably not see Dr. Omurtag too often during appointments, but he is always aware of what is happening with your treatment and procedures and will gladly return any calls and questions. He is energetic, conscientious, forthcoming, and compassionate...recommended ICSI with IVF (fresh cycle) annd to transfer 2 embryos and we agreed with his recommendations.
The [Washington University School of Medicine] staff is always pleasant and they see you quickly. Everyone is professional and the clinic is clean. I cannot think of any weaknesses minus the lobby is a little outdated, but I’d rather them continue to provide excellent medical care than renovate their lobby for aesthetics. The team is friendly and you can always reach someone by phone or through MyChart where you can send messages. My messages never went more than 12 hours without a response. The team also gave us options for billing and IVF packages.
Wow. I cannot put into words how grateful and pleased my husband and I were with Dr. Omurtag and his staff. My husband and I interviewed several doctors before deciding on moving forward with the team of professional at Wash U and Dr. Omurtag and we definitely made the right decision. We transferred 2 embryos which resulted in our beautiful twin girls. I am considered a geriatric mom at 40 years old and we did not feel our chances of having a baby were great, especially since we had been trying to conceive for over a decade. Dr. Omurtag was able to identify both male factor and female factor infertility and removal of fibroids. We decided upon IVF with ICSI. The communication and dedication to our ivf process was so much better than we could have ever imagined. Dr. Omurtag, Jessie, and Kathy were all truly remarkable and explained every detail of our procedure. They were prompt with answering questions and concerns. IVF is such an emotional process and we felt truly taken care of and in the best hands. Our plan and treatment happened on time and as planned. We conceived our twin girls the first time going through IVF and still have embryos for the future. If you are considering IVF or just need a consultation, I highly recommend Dr. Omurtag and Wash U. Good luck to all of you future parents!
Dr. Omurtag and his staff were readily available for questions, phone calls and responses def to emails promptly. They were very sensitive, understanding and compassionate.
Because my husband and I are considered geriatric and we had male factor infertility, Dr. Omurtag recommended ICSI with IVF (fresh cycle) annd to transfer 2 embryos and we agreed with his recommendations.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kathy )
Kathy is a very compassionate and sweet person. We felt completely taken care of with her as our nurse
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The staff is always pleasant and they see you quickly. Everyone is professional and the clinic is clean. I cannot think of any weaknesses minus the lobby is a little outdated, but I’d rather them continue to provide excellent medical care than renovate their lobby for aesthetics. The team is friendly and you can always reach someone by phone or through MyChart where you can send messages. My messages never went more than 12 hours without a response. The team also gave us options for billing and IVF packages.
We are very pleased with Dr. Omurtag’s recommendations and were very happy to conceive twins with the 2 embryos we transferred

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Omurtag’s practical and matter-of-fact approach was exactly what we needed as a dual military couple...We really only interacted with him about 4x. 2x for the consults, 1x for the egg retrieval, and the last to confirm our pregnancy at 9 weeks. I chatted with his team of nurses much more than him...My only criticism is I wish I would have known that a baseline appt could ‘fail’ (I had a cyst on one of my follicles and I wasn’t able to proceed with injectable’s). I heard from his nurse - and it would have been nice to know that that was a possibility but also to hear it from him...
I really enjoyed the nursing staff [at Washington University School of Medicine] - I knew when they were going to call and they were very direct communicators with explicit instructions via phone and MyChart...I chatted with his team of nurses much more than him [Dr. Omurtag]... The clinic’s receptionists/front desk were very kind and welcoming...Would just like to have known we had a balance of $800 for the freezing of our eggs. We were under the impression we were paid in full...
Dr. Omurtag’s practical and matter-of-fact approach was exactly what we needed as a dual military couple. My only criticism is I wish I would have known that a baseline appt could ‘fail’ (I had a cyst on one of my follicles and I wasn’t able to proceed with injectable’s). I heard from his nurse - and it would have been nice to know that that was a possibility but also to hear it from him. Other than that he gave us exactly what we needed/wanted. Vivian Grace was born 23 April fully healthy and at 40wks +1day.
Expectation management. If he’s confident you’re going to respond well know that you’ll hear from his team moreso than him. My approach to that was that more women needed his attention due to their diagnosis/protocol than we did.
I was on an antagonist protocol which seemed like the most feasible due to my high AMH and very regular periods (no PCOS/endometriosis). Was in birth control to calm everything before my baseline.
I really enjoyed the nursing staff - I knew when they were going to call and they were very direct communicators with explicit instructions via phone and MyChart
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Would just like to have known we had a balance of $800 for the freezing of our eggs. We were under the impression we were paid in full. The clinic’s receptionists/front desk were very kind and welcoming
Approximately 15K without medication.
What specific things went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine?
The first baseline did not go well and I wish I would have known that that was a possibility
2021, Successful
While he [Dr. Omurtag] was always straightforward, it was never indifferent or cold. His manner and encouragement was so appreciated during such a stressful time...He is very thorough and wants to have all the information before presenting the best options customized for you. Be prepared for a variety of tests for both you and your partner...Recalls details of previous discussions...about 6 months of trying to conceive without success, Dr Omurtag then requested my partner be evaluated and placed me on letrozole. Luckily this only required one cycle to conceive
[Washington University School of Medicine] staff were responsive, proactive, informative, and straight forward. Facility had an easy off campus location in CWE with parking so no worries about navigating through Barnes campus...Responded to messaged questions within hours and test results always same day...team walked me through home testing and lab work thereafter ever step of the way...Such a wonderful and supportive experience...
Dr Omurtag and his staff were incredible. Responded to messaged questions within hours and test results always same day. We had a few set backs and bumps along the way. While he was always straightforward, it was never indifferent or cold. His manner and encouragement was so appreciated during such a stressful time.
Recalls details of previous discussions.
Following several tests to evaluate my fertility r/t age, adjustments to my medications, and the addition of home ovulations tests, and about 6 months of trying to conceive without success, Dr Omurtag then requested my partner be evaluated and placed me on letrozole. Luckily this only required one cycle to conceive. His team walked me through home testing and lab work thereafter ever step of the way. I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks and again at 7 weeks prior to him releasing me back to my OB for care. Such a wonderful and supportive experience. Hopefully will not have to return but 10/10 recommend!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jesse)
Incredibly responsive and patient with all questions. Such an asset to the team!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
MD and staff were responsive, proactive, informative, and straight forward. Facility had an easy off campus location in CWE with parking so no worries about navigating through Barnes campus. No complaints.
The hysterosalpingogram and ultrasound were expensive and maxed out my insurance copay. The genetic testing was also out of pocket. Total spent was likely $1200.

2018 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Omertag spent a ton of time with my husband and I answering any and every question we had. He called personally after each failed transfer with a game plan and made us feel he really cared about our outcome. He set realistic expectations for us, and didn’t let us give up hope...Because of the previous failed single transfers and my age we decided on multiple transfer for the most recent.
[the Washington University nurses were] both were extremely kind and very attuned to the mental toll fertility treatments can take on someone...IUIs were ~$500 each I believe we were quoted ~$16,000 for IVF including ICSI...he front desk staff are knowledgeable about billing issues and all lab technicians I worked with were wonderful...Rarely did I wait past my appointment time
Dr. Omertag is an excellent physician. I didn’t have any hesitation with any of his recommendations. He thoroughly explained each step and kept us moving forward. He is compassionate towards his patients and you can tell he truly cares about your outcome. Fertility treatments can be daunting and emotionally draining and he checked in regularly to see how my husband and I were doing through the process mentally.
Ask questions. He’s great at explaining and answering.
Dr. Omertag spent a ton of time with my husband and I answering any and every question we had. He called personally after each failed transfer with a game plan and made us feel he really cared about our outcome. He set realistic expectations for us, and didn’t let us give up hope. His staff are wonderful as well and also answered the barrage of questions that inevitably came up through each cycle.
We used 2 different protocols for the 2 egg retrievals and fertilized using ICSI with each. Both cycles produced similar amount and quality of eggs and subsequently embryos. We used ICSI due to poor sperm morphology and motility.
Kathy and Jessie were amazing to work with. I had tons of questions and both were so helpful. They both were extremely kind and very attuned to the mental toll fertility treatments can take on someone.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The clinic is run efficiently. Rarely did I wait past my appointment time. I felt very safe in the clinic during the peak of COVID with all precautions they had set in place. The front desk staff are knowledgeable about billing issues and all lab technicians I worked with were wonderful.
IUIs were ~$500 each I believe we were quoted ~$16,000 for IVF including ICSI. We did have some insurance coverage with both retrieval’s. Embryo transfer with no coverage was ~$3,400
We did 2 single frozen embryo transfers and one multiple (2) fresh transfer. Our fresh transfer resulted in a single live birth. Because of the previous failed single transfers and my age we decided on multiple transfer for the most recent.
2018 - 2020, Successful
IVF was scary for me AND my husband, but dr omurtag was so transparent and helped us along every step of the way. I feel like he was always available for questions, appointments, and even just to update him...We did ICSI because it was recommended, and I am currently 15 weeks pregnant...He was SO down to earth, I was terrified that I’d never get pregnant and he was so good about talking through everything and making sure my husband and I were very aware of all of the steps involved.
Everyone was very organized [at Washington University School of Medicine], even through COVID precautions. Everyone always answered all of our questions and was very kind and compassionate! I am so glad I chose this clinic, especially during such a weird time in our world...She kept me up to date with all of the details, constantly sending me messages through MyChart and responding to my questions in a very timely manner. She [the nurse] listened to me when I was confused or worried, and always answered everything with lots of details. She was one of the first people I sent my ultrasound picture and was very exciting for us!
I have a pituitary cyst, which causes me to have to force ovulation. I don’t menstruate regularly, so I have to take drugs in order to bleed. I was nervous about starting IVF because my ovaries responded too much to the IUI and never got to the transfer. IVF was scary for me AND my husband, but dr omurtag was so transparent and helped us along every step of the way. I feel like he was always available for questions, appointments, and even just to update him.
Don’t give up!
We tried IUI a couple years ago. I went in for baseline ultrasound and lab work, then started injections. My injections were nightly, followed by more ultrasounds and lab work every few days. It got very stressful and then I got the phone call that my ovaries weren’t responding the way they expected, so I’d have to cancel and try IVF. Then COVID happened. Finally in February 2021, we forced a period, and started IVF! More testing, ultrasounds and labs, injections, and countless appointments. I went through with a day5 embryo transfer and froze five more. We did ICSI because it was recommended, and I am currently 15 weeks pregnant!
She kept me up to date with all of the details, constantly sending me messages through MyChart and responding to my questions in a very timely manner. She listened to me when I was confused or worried, and always answered everything with lots of details. She was one of the first people I sent my ultrasound picture and was very exciting for us!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Everyone was very organized, even through COVID precautions. Everyone always answered all of our questions and was very kind and compassionate! I am so glad I chose this clinic, especially during such a weird time in our world
I am glad we only transferred one embryo, dr omurtag told us it would be more successful and safer since twins run in both of our families!
St. Louis - Central West End
Any questions I ever had, no matter how small, [our Washington U School of Medicine] responded quickly and was always very helpful...The clinic’s usual protocol was to do a single embryo transfer if you were under 35 and had no other failed ivf attempts...I never had to wait for my appointments, they were always on time and greeted you like you were family. From the bloodwork appointments, to ultrasounds, to the retrieval and transfer, I have no complaints
Dr. Omurtag is the best! He understood how extensive my endometriosis is and didn’t waste any time getting me started with treatments. We went straight into ivf to work towards the best possible outcome as quickly as possible. I never felt in the dark about anything along the way, he was very informative. Can’t recommend or thank him enough!
To absolutely go to him. I’m very lucky my surgeon referred me to him and this clinic.
He cheered me along every step of the way and made me feel like he really cared about our outcome and wanted to do everything possible to make it happen for us.
I started out on birth control. Then started on lupron, menopur and gonal F. I responded very well to the meds and they were able to retrieve 16 eggs. I’m now on progesterone in oil.
My nurse Kathy was amazing! Any questions I ever had, no matter how small, she responded quickly and was always very helpful. She has a great way of assuring you you’re doing everything right. As far as the rest of the nursing staff that did the ultrasounds and bloodwork, they were also amazing. Literally the best.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Was very happy with this clinic. Very efficient. I never had to wait for my appointments, they were always on time and greeted you like you were family. From the bloodwork appointments, to ultrasounds, to the retrieval and transfer, I have no complaints. I’m very happy we were referred to this clinic.
The clinic’s usual protocol was to do a single embryo transfer if you were under 35 and had no other failed ivf attempts, I believe. I was completely fine with this protocol.
St. Louis - Central West End

During the initial consultation he was very well informed about our process already and had a game plan already in place for our experience with his clinic [Washington University - St. Louis]. He focused on our issues and I felt like he was a lot more willing to tailor the process to our specific needs, unlike our previous doctor. He went over everything in great detail, allowed us time to ask questions, and was just wonderful to work with the entire time. He genuinely cares about his patients and the outcome of their treatment.
Everything is in one spot, they get you in and out in a timely manner while still preforming the best they can. Every single person I came in contact with had such a positive attitude and was so pleasant to work with. I loved the entire staff [Washington University - St. Louis]! ... They treated me with the utmost respect and care that I needed during this difficult process. ... The nursing staff was wonderful. They made no mistakes and went over everything with me thoroughly.
I came to Dr. Omurtag after we had a very bad experience with another local fertility specialist after a failed IVF cycle. He also came highly recommended by coworkers. During the initial consultation he was very well informed about our process already and had a game plan already in place for our experience with his clinic. He focused on our issues and I felt like he was a lot more willing to tailor the process to our specific needs, unlike our previous doctor. He went over everything in great detail, allowed us time to ask questions, and was just wonderful to work with the entire time. He genuinely cares about his patients and the outcome of their treatment. I have already recommended him to friends, and will return to him later on for additional treatment when needed. Best fertility doctor ever!
As hard as the entire process is, try to relax and trust that this fertility clinic has your best interest at heart.
Everyone I came in contact with at this clinic was absolutely wonderful. They treated me with the utmost respect and care that I needed during this difficult process. I couldn't say more positive things about the entire staff, they were perfect!
We did a full IVF procedure. I went in for a sonohyst to check my ovarian reserve, everything went great. They then started me on birth control pills after my next period, which I took for 3 weeks. I started Lupron 4 days before my birth control ended, then added in Gonal F, and Menopur later on. We did the trigger shot and then egg retrieval, and a 5 day fresh transfer.
The nursing staff was wonderful. They made no mistakes and went over everything with me thoroughly. They were great to work with and had my best interest at heart. Loved them!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
I have been to more than one fertility clinic, and I have to say, this one was the absolute best, hands down. Everything is in one spot, they get you in and out in a timely manner while still preforming the best they can. Every single person I came in contact with had such a positive attitude and was so pleasant to work with. I loved the entire staff!
$600ish with insurance benefits, also we has already met our deductible for the year

2022, Successful
Dr. Omurtag was efficient and thorough in explaining everything. I first met him during a Zoom consult where he seemed a little brusque, but I thought he was kind and friendly in person. He performed a SIS for me and it was easy and painless. I appreciated that he has a strong social media presence, breaking down infertility topics in videos and participating in Reddit AMAs...Procedures and protocols were thoroughly explained, my questions were always answered, and Dr. Omurtag was friendly and compassionate.
Research is a strong component at this clinic [Washington University School of Medicine], so you may be asked if you’d like to participate in a study or if a student can attend a procedure. The clinic provided a lot of materials about IVF and were very thorough in explaining everything...The nursing staff was fantastic! Very friendly and responsive...Procedures and protocols were thoroughly explained, my questions were always answered, and Dr. Omurtag was friendly and compassionate.
True for any doctor—write down your questions in advance and don’t be afraid to ask them.
I did four rounds of IUI with Clomid. One was a failed cycle because we missed my ovulation. After that the clinic monitored me much more closely and we completed three rounds. The first resulted in a chemical pregnancy and the remaining two were unsuccessful. We were planning to do a long agonist IVF protocol as our next step but conceived spontaneously while waiting for our genetic screening results to come back.
The nursing staff was fantastic! Very friendly and responsive.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Research is a strong component at this clinic, so you may be asked if you’d like to participate in a study or if a student can attend a procedure. The clinic provided a lot of materials about IVF and were very thorough in explaining everything.
What specific things went wrong at Washington University School of Medicine?
One time I received conflicting information about our timeline (we had to wait for genetic testing to come back). It was quickly resolved.