LGBTQ+ Care
LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

Mohamad Irani

Brooklyn, NY 11201
1300 Franklin Avenue
Garden City, NY 11530
Southampton
2 Montauk Highway (corner of Flying Point Road)
Southampton, NY 11968
2315 Broadway, 6th Floor
Westchester
657 Main Street, Suite 1
Mount Kisco, NY 10549

I went with Dr Kang knowing she had helped a few people I know conceive babies. Every visit she made me feel so comfortable, after every negative test she assured me it would happen. And it did. We believed in the process because of her...I just loved everything about her, she was to the point and told you everything that would happen with each part of our fertility journey. Would recommend her to anybody
I had a wonder experience with the whole [Weill Cornell Medical College] clinic. I wanted to go to a clinic that was affiliated with a hospital and ny pres. is one of the best hospitals in the city. From the front desk secretary to the nurses to dr Kang, everyone was top notch...All of the nurses were very caring of your needs going to fertility treatment. They all made you feel so welcoming and treated you like you were the only one.
How was your experience with Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I went with Dr Kang knowing she had helped a few people I know conceive babies. Every visit she made me feel so comfortable, after every negative test she assured me it would happen. And it did. We believed in the process because of her. After I got pregnant via IVF I was having terrible pain at 6 weeks pregnant all day and finally I decide to drive myself into the city to see her - mind you it was already 5 pm and she was supposed to be done for the day. She waited until I got there to make sure everything was okay. It was 630 by the time I had gotten into the city. She checked me out and everything was fine, she wanted to be the one to check me out to make sure I was okay. That’s the kind of dr she is.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Kang made you feel like you were the only one she was treating that day regardless of how many women were in her waiting room. So many women go through infertility and she made you feel like it was possible for you to get pregnant and to trust the process.
Describe the protocols Hey-Joo Kang used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
Dr Kang had wanted us to try to conceive naturally for 1/2 rounds we had a negative result. We then did a few 2/3 rounds of Clomid with trying to conceive naturally. We then did medicated IUIs 2 of them. After all failed we went to IVF, we did one round and got pregnant the first time.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I had a wonder experience with the whole clinic. I wanted to go to a clinic that was affiliated with a hospital and ny pres. is one of the best hospitals in the city. From the front desk secretary to the nurses to dr Kang, everyone was top notch
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Weill Cornell Medical College.
I had a slight issue with the monitoring hours, but I was able to come at the tail end of them. Also being on Long Island and having to go into the city sometimes for them was a little bit of a hassle but I would do it all over again for the same result.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Most of our fertility treatment was covered under our insurance - until we go to IVF and had maxed out our insurance. Then it was all out of pocket.
Describe Hey-Joo Kang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
We had only 2 eggs that were viable for transfer and she advised us to do one fresh transfer at day 5 but my husband And I decided to do 2 eggs on day 3 and she told us all the risks with transferring two eggs.
Long Island
Dr Kang is easily the best doctor I’ve ever been to. She is unbelievably smart, friendly, and professional. She was able to diagnose my issue right away and get me the proper course of action. When I had a failed pregnancy, she diagnosed it early on, was very straightforward about a course of action and gave me no false hope. She helped me move on from that and get me pregnant again Soon after with a healthy pregnancy...Having irregular cycles, I started with a few rounds of clomid with timed inter course. I had 1 success but it was ultimately an early MC due to an implantation issue. She caught it right away. We moved on to IUI with clomid for first round second round (successful) gonal F shots with IUI.
The nursing staff [at Weill Cornell Medical College] was amazing. Test results were given promptly on the same day and they responded to all questions within 30 min of leaving a message...With offices in NYC and garden city it was very convenient...Every office was clean and every staff member was extremely helpful. Every office was able to take on many patients at once, all while giving indivualized care...office staff is unbelievably organized. Diana or a nurse typically called back within 30-60 minutes of leaving a message with even the smallest question. This included days when the office was closed. Test results were always given promptly on the same day and the process of bloodwork and ultrasound was completed quickly no mat
How was your experience with Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Kang is easily the best doctor I’ve ever been to. She is unbelievably smart, friendly, and professional. She was able to diagnose my issue right away and get me the proper course of action. When I had a failed pregnancy, she diagnosed it early on, was very straightforward about a course of action and gave me no false hope. She helped me move on from that and get me pregnant again Soon after with a healthy pregnancy. Her office staff is unbelievably organized. Diana or a nurse typically called back within 30-60 minutes of leaving a message with even the smallest question. This included days when the office was closed. Test results were always given promptly on the same day and the process of bloodwork and ultrasound was completed quickly no matter how many people were ahead of me. I can not recommend Dr Kang and this office enough. If you are considering or on the fence 100% absolutely use her!
Just be patient!!!! Not everything will happen in your first round but she knows what she is doing!
Dr Kang is absolutely amazing. She gave results and was straightforward about possible treatment plans and outcomes. She took time to answer questions and explain everything.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Sarah & Amy)
The nursing staff was amazing. Test results were given promptly on the same day and they responded to all questions within 30 min of leaving a message. Dr Kang’s assistant Diana is the most organized and professional person I have ever dealt with. She ensured every prescription was on time. She dealt with insurance no problem, scheduled appointments, and returned frantic phone calls within minutes, even when the office was closed.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Cornell is an amazing practice. With offices in NYC and garden city it was very convenient. Everyone I spoke to or dealt with was amazing. I can not recommend Cornell enough. Every office was clean and every staff member was extremely helpful. Every office was able to take on many patients at once, all while giving indivualized care.
I have great insurance so I only had to pay lab fees and co pays when pregnant.
Long Island

Dr. Kang listened and answered my many questions during each visit. She always asked me if I was okay with changing or adding a new step to the procedure. When I voiced my concerns she made changes to suit my needs. She genuinely cares about each patient and wishes them success...Communicate any issues or pains you have, especially if she has no way of knowing what you're going through.
The clinic is well organized and clean. Everyone gets seen promptly and there were no mess ups while I was there. The only weakness is the receptionist, as mentioned before. Her attitude does not create a friendly environment where questions are welcomed. I felt like I was interrupting her whenever my husband or I asked a question...The only nurse that I had direct contact with was the nurse who drew blood everyday. She was quick to find my vein and draw blood. Very kind, calm, but quiet.
How was your experience with Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Communicate any issues or pains you have, especially if she has no way of knowing what you're going through. I had a unique case and was allergic to the sperm wash being used. The other doctor who administered the first 3 IUI's told me my pain was just the cramping thats expected from the catheter insertion. During the 3rd IUI the pain intensified and felt like boiling water was being poured inside me. I explained the burning sensation to Dr. Kang and switched washes and made sure she did my next IUI, which was a success.
Dr. Kang listened to my concerns and always addressed them. She is very sweet and genuinely cares about your well being. She answered all my questions at every visit and kept me well informed about what would be happening whenever I spoke with her. However, the receptionist always had an attitude. When I asked a question she would respond in a valley girl voice as if I was supposed to know the answer already. When I asked for an appointment with Dr. Kang on a certain day, she would respond "Like, ugh Dr. Kang isn't in on that day," while she sipped on her coffee. She also treated my husband with the same attitude when he presented a question. We almost switched doctors because we didn't want to deal with her every time we had an appointment. I'm glad I didn't switch because Dr. Kang is really great!
Tracking ovulation, ovidrel and IUI's.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Insurance covered most of the costs aside from co-pays and sperm wash.
Not Applicable.
Long Island
She [Dr. Hey-Joo Kang] is very knowledgeable about her field. She is pleasant and takes her time to speak with you especially when you might feel emotional and stress about the process. Even when you do not get to speak with her directly, her staff always call back...She is very smart and pleasant. She takes her time to speak with me and validates my concerns. She is human and always present
I like the fact that all of them [nurses at Weill Cornell] are on the same page. I did not have a preference because I was confidence in all three of them. They always return my calls and explain the next step...It's clean and welcoming....The wait is not bad especially in the morning...Jessica is very pleasant too. she takes my blood for each visit...She [Dr. Hey-Joo Kang] is very knowledgeable about her field. She is pleasant and takes her time to speak with you especially when you might feel emotional and stress about the process. Even when you do not get to speak with her directly, her staff always call back.
How was your experience with Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
She is very knowledgeable about her field. She is pleasant and takes her time to speak with you especially when you might feel emotional and stress about the process. Even when you do not get to speak with her directly, her staff always call back. I have gone to another provider for fertility treatment and my experience with her makes me want to complete this treatment. I a m having a very good experience.
Stay on top of your treatment. No such thing as stupid questions. The good thing is Dr. Kang and her team are quick to answer all questions.
She is very smart and pleasant. She takes her time to speak with me and validates my concerns. She is human and always present...It may not be her, but someone from her office always call back.
Coming from a bad experience, I just feel refresh with her and I understand my options better than the last experience. One thing I will never forget that she said to me was "have confidence in your body". By the time I saw her, I had given up on my body's ability to produce anything. Now my view of my body is so positive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Amy Sarah Jenifer- All 3 of them are pleasant people)
I like the fact that all of them are on the same page. I did not have a preference because I was confidence in all three of them. They always return my calls and explain the next step
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
It's clean and welcoming. I am still not clear about the computer in the lobby, because I have never been introduce or told what to do. The wait is not bad especially in the morning. I think Dr. Kang is a super woman because every time I go for my visits, she is there...I always see her by herself and I don't know she does it. The amazing this even though, she is by herself, you do not waste time. By the way, Jessica is very pleasant too. she takes my blood for each visit
My insurance does not cover my treatment, so I will be responsible to the bill. Blood work and regular visits are covered. I will be responsible to pay between $11000-$15000

2017, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Kang] was compassionate and understanding. She gave us hope again after not having success at the other clinic. When something didn’t work, she adjusted the protocol. She had a great bedside manner and she was honest. I was able to get in touch with her if i had any questions, which was huge for me.
For the most part, all of my [Weill Cornell Medical College] appointments were on Long Island. Procedures and weekend testing was in the city...She [nurse] was understanding when i had panic and a lot of questions...They had monitoring hours, i learned that going a little bit later on the island, you wouldn’t have to wait to long. Going into the city, i would get there right before they opened, because that was bigger operation and there were more people...
How was your experience with Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
She was compassionate and understanding. She gave us hope again after not having success at the other clinic. When something didn’t work, she adjusted the protocol. She had a great bedside manner and she was honest. I was able to get in touch with her if i had any questions, which was huge for me.
With any doctor or procedure, do your research first and advocate for the things that you want. I went into IVF thinking that it would be the answer and just automatically work. In retrospect, i would have asked for more testing for myself.
When you came in for your appointment, the receptionist Diana knew your name and always said hello. The nurse who took your blood and was also in the room with me and Dr. Kang was always nice and smiling. Dr. Kang was honest and straight forward, but truly cared about how I was feeling and really wanted to get us to the end with a baby of our own.
I don’t really remember all of the drug names, but we did 2 IUIs with injectables which was a step up from the other clinic. There was a lot more bloodwork monitoring to make sure that we hit ovulation just right. The first IVF was a pretty standard protocol. My body had responded to the injections from the IUI beautifully, so it seemed like that was what was going to work. I produced and they retrieved a good amount of eggs, but the quality turned out to be the issue. She adjusted my meds for the second protocol, which was the same deal. I produced and they retrieved a good amount of eggs, but the quality was still not great. Though the quality wasn’t great, that was the only cycle that I had a 5 day blast that we have frozen. Before the third cycle, i had a laparoscopy and they found mild endometriosis. For the 3rd IVF cycle, she lengthened the amount of time that I was on meds to let my follicles grow. I did get a positive pregnancy with low numbers, but they started to double and then they dropped. It was a chemical. She said that as we progressed through IVF, my egg quality improved with each treatment. Unfortunately, we had run out of money and Dr. Kang stood by the fact that we could get pregnant naturally, it would just take a lot longer than normal. I haven’t had a positive pregnancy test since.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Amy)
She was very informative and very patient with going over how to use the needles and medication. If I called and left her a message, she always got back to me the same day. She was understanding when i had panic and a lot of questions. I truly loved the support from Dr. Kang’s team.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I thought the clinic was great. For the most part, all of my appointments were on Long Island. Procedures and weekend testing was in the city. The only reason I was able to swing that, was because i wasn’t working. It was a lot of work traveling into the city for just bloodwork, but we do what we have to do for what we want in the end.
They had monitoring hours, i learned that going a little bit later on the island, you wouldn’t have to wait to long. Going into the city, i would get there right before they opened, because that was bigger operation and there were more people. I really can’t complain about monitoring. It was very efficient.
Everything all in, it was around $70,000. We didn’t have coverage for any of the procedures. The ultrasounds and bloodwork were covered. We had help from my parents.
I didn’t have any issues with that. Due to the quality of my eggs, more than one embryo was transferred.
Long Island

Dr. Kang is caring and compassionate and always treats us with respect....Dr. Kang is forward with information if asked and will always include me in the decisions. For example, when making a decision about how many embryos to transfer. Dr. Kang is caring and I feel like I'm more than just a number...I'm being referred to a hematologist before another transfer as Dr. Kang feels there may be an issue with adequate blood flow to the developing fetus.
So far one DER [atWeill Cornell] and two transfer puts us around $35,000....However, billing through insurance takes a very long time so I am unclear right now of the exact totals...The only complaints I have is the door slams and startles me and it is super quiet.i would prefer some light music in the waiting room. Otherwise, it is a pleasant and cleanly office. I am usually in and out for monitoring within 30 minutes and the early morning hours allow me to go prior to my work schedule.
How was your experience with Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Be ready to hear the whole truth--good or bad.
Dr. Kang is caring and compassionate and always treats us with respect.
My first transfer I took all the meds as prescribed (progesterone injections and vivelle patches) and had a negative beta. The second transfer, I was advised to take a baby aspirin and I received a positive beta. Now, I'm being referred to a hematologist before another transfer as Dr. Kang feels there may be an issue with adequate blood flow to the developing fetus. I feel as though each step gets me closer to a successful pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine Zotto)
Christine always calls with my levels and ensures I follow the protocol for my medications.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
So far one DER and two transfer puts us around $35,000. We do have some insurance coverage and are hoping this overall cost is much less. However, billing through insurance takes a very long time so I am unclear right now of the exact totals.
Dr. Kang advised just one embryo at a time for me due to the percentages and risks associated with multiples. I trust in Dr. Kang's professional advice.
Long Island

Dr. Goldshlag is cordial, knowledgeable, and thorough. He explains procedures clearly with plenty of detail. He offers options to patients that might need them. Dr. Goldshlag and his staff are constantly revising their practice to reflect newer technology, chemistry and more scientifically beneficial procedures for his current patients and for future ones.
Dr. Goldshlag is cordial, knowledgeable, and thorough. He explains procedures clearly with plenty of detail....Nurses were cordial, personable, thorough, and called me back promptly if there I had any questions. ...I had trouble with the billing, not on the part of the hospital, but my insurance. Please make sure to ask all the billing and finance questions you need, and take notes during the financial consultation. this is NOT a fault on the part of the clinic, but rather issues that came up with my insurance company. Ask for the names of procedures and CPT codes, etc. The more informed you are, the easier it is to get coverage later.
How was your experience with Dan Goldschlag at Weill Cornell Medical College?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Dan Goldschlag at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Ask all the questions you want; Dr. Goldshlag and his staff are happy to help you with any and all concerns that you might have. Have a good PCP who is willing to help you on your IVF journey. Despite direct contact from my nurse team, I had some physicians that made it rather difficult to get medication on Dr. Goldshlag's recommendation. Also, make sure you understand the billing, and that you get a list of CPT codes and procedures in the event that your insurance needs all this information. It is sometimes difficult to argue with insurance without the jargon in hand.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Dan Goldschlag at Weill Cornell Medical College?
After my first failed cycle I was upset. Upon the start of my current cycle, I got information as to why things did not work the first time (ectopic pregnancy), the percentages involved in the number of women that experience this, etc. As for my every day care, I had daily calls from the nurses following tests with individualized instructions. When I could not get in contact with the staff,I would leave a message, and my call was always returned.
Describe the protocols Dan Goldschlag used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
Suggestions to begin a synthroid regimen helped regulate my TSH levels (important for the embryo). Estrogen patches helped regulate hormones during the menses before the cycle and after the transfer. Daily injections of Ganirelix and Menopur helped the eggs grow and multiply faster. HCG ccntrolled the release. All throughout this process regular sonograms and blood tests ensured that I my hormones and "levels" were at at a level optimal for success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Susan and Allison)
Nurses were cordial, personable, thorough, and called me back promptly if there I had any questions. There is always a nurse accessible either through the phone or at the office to address any concerns. They called after every visit to report on progress and instructions. However, I would have like more of an explanation of what to expect in terms of potential side effects from treatments and procedures.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Monitoring appointments were rather efficient. I have never been in the office for more than 45 minutes, including appointment time, despite the occasional heavy crowd. No matter how high the volume of people is, the staff is always polite; as soon as they call your name, you are greeted with "How are you?" or "Nice to see you again."
Dan Goldschlag
2013 - 2014, Successful
With a small practice out in Garden City, LI, it never felt crowded and there was rarely anyone waiting in the waiting room. NP's also gave us the proper amount of attention. The only time it felt like an IVF factory was at the Cornell facility in the city for blood draws and procedures... Dr. Kang's practice, itself, felt very small and personal.
How was your experience with Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Very nice, very sweet but very thorough and direct. Did a great job keeping us informed of our different protocols and the reasoning behind them. Also did a great job keeping our spirits high. As a fellow Asian American, my wife found it very easy to trust and relate to Dr. Kang. She was the perfect balance of warmth and bluntness. Compared to our previous doctor (Dr. Hershlog) and clinic, the difference was almost night and day. Dr. Kang's practice was efficient, organized, and didn't feel as much like a "IVF Factory" like other clinics.
Trust in the protocol that she develops for you and try your best to relax and stay confident. Save your stress for when dealing with your inevitable insurance issues (no fault of Dr. Kang or her practice). And when it comes time for the weekly/daily blood tests in the city, get to the hospital as early as you can since it gets crowded quickly since everyone is trying to squeeze it in before work.
With a small practice out in Garden City, LI, it never felt crowded and there was rarely anyone waiting in the waiting room. NP's also gave us the proper amount of attention. The only time it felt like an IVF factory was at the Cornell facility in the city for blood draws and procedures. But that is expected since it's a huge hospital. Dr. Kang's practice, itself, felt very small and personal.
Nothing stood out negatively or positively. They performed their job and we had no qualms. They were helpful when called upon and we never felt like we were being brushed off.
Long Island

[Dr. Kang] was articulate, organized, professional, and very clear in communicating what my treatment would entail, and what success rates I could expect given my age and current state. She was always extremely professional and knowledgeable, which I appreciated...We transferred 2 embryos both times, without any genetic testing. Dr. Kang suggested that genetic testing was a bit invasive for the embryos, and that nature has a way of sorting things out.
[The Weill Cornell MC] were always very helpful and friendly. They were effective at drawing blood...The clinic was well organized and professional. The nurses were always very friendly and welcoming. I have small veins but they were consistently skilled at finding them with the needles (my previous clinic had left my arms fairly bruised up after multiple failed attempts)..
How was your experience with Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I transferred to Weill Cornell from another clinic whose doctors were disorganized and uninspiring. From our first meeting, I was so relieved to be under the care of Dr. Kang. She was articulate, organized, professional, and very clear in communicating what my treatment would entail, and what success rates I could expect given my age and current state. She was always extremely professional and knowledgeable, which I appreciated.
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
The care I received at the Garden City office was very personal. The GC office is closed on weekends, however, so when I had to go in for bloodwork or appointments in the NYC office it felt a bit less personal, as there are so many patients getting processed. It was fine, though.
They were always very helpful and friendly. They were effective at drawing blood (which I appreciated after having had nurses at another clinic who were not so skilled).
~$20K per IVF cycle

2014, Successful
She [Dr. Hey Joo Kang] seemed to care but had low hopes that my ovaries would produce enough eggs each time. She also was not supported of my plan to use a midwife during the pregnancy once I was discharged from the IVF clinic. Also I wish I could have spoken to her more - whenever I had a question and left a message for her, it was rarely her who called me back...Understand that she is part of a very big system and you have to play by their rules. It's not a personalized and intimate experience.
They [Cornell] function like a well oiled machine. But that means that the personal approach is out the window. Billing department takes their job very seriously and doesn't let bills slide. There's a bill for everything! Wait times are long especially if you arrive after 7am. But I felt that I was in expert hands throughout the entire experience...They [nursing staff] were more like educators and coordinators. Their schedules were very confusing, difficult to figure out who to call when.
How was your experience with Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
She seemed to care but had low hopes that my ovaries would produce enough eggs each time. She also was not supported of my plan to use a midwife during the pregnancy once I was discharged from the IVF clinic. Also I wish I could have spoken to her more - whenever I had a question and left a message for her, it was rarely her who called me back.
Office visits were with her or more often with the on call doc. Had to go to the city and wait in huge waiting room with tons of other patients for blood draw and ultrasound.
Sorry I don't really remember.
They were more like educators and coordinators. Their schedules were very confusing, difficult to figure out who to call when.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
They function like a well oiled machine. But that means that the personal approach is out the window. Billing department takes their job very seriously and doesn't let bills slide. There's a bill for everything! Wait times are long especially if you arrive after 7am. But I felt that I was in expert hands throughout the entire experience.
Just took a very very long time and felt like I was a number to them. One in a million.
Around 10,500 each time.
Long Island

Dr. Kang is an excellent doctor who connected with us in a very human and very real way. In short, she thinks the way we think and it was a great relief.... Dr. Kang is a very talented and analytical doctor. She was able to speak with us in a way that we completely understood what was happening and why. She has been very realistic about our pros and cons and our chances.... Dr. Kang used a minimum protocol for us, which is what we had in mind and what we had hoped for.
This [Weill Cornell Medical College] is a large hospital, which a large number of doctors and nurses. Coming from Long Island, there are the usual problems of having to go to Manhattan on weekends and for anything beyond monitoring. We have also had some real issues with billing, but no problems with the doctor's services.... There is a rotating team of nurses that are always friendly, reliable, and professional.... The costs are about the same as other IVF clinics.
How was your experience with Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
She is a young doctor and will surprise you with her takes on the best way forward, in a very good way.
Dr. Kang used a minimum protocol for us, which is what we had in mind and what we had hoped for. We are prepping for an IVF and in the meanwhile we tried an IUI.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
This is a large hospital, which a large number of doctors and nurses. Coming from Long Island, there are the usual problems of having to go to Manhattan on weekends and for anything beyond monitoring. We have also had some real issues with billing, but no problems with the doctor's services.
The costs are about the same as other IVF clinics.
We preformed multiple embryo transfer and it was earlier than expected.

Investment Banker
Dr. Braverman met with us and explained thoroughly what he suspected was causing my miscarriages. He was very detailed... He ran tests on both my husband and myself and he treated me accordingly. I'm now the proud mother of a sweet boy who was born on April 2, 2018...He also always responds to my emails in very good timing. He truly deserves an award.. I've had 7 miscarriages
How was your experience with Jeffrey Braverman (deceased) at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Braverman ensured that he could help me. I live in Jamaica and I travel to the states to see him. I knew about him by merely researching on the internet and coming across his page. I have no regrets. I've had 7 miscarriages and one 24 weeker who died at 30 days old. After meeting with Dr Braverman last year in 2017, I left his office having hope that i could be a parent one day. He ran tests on both my husband and myself and he treated me accordingly. I'm now the proud mother of a sweet boy who was born on April 2, 2018. Dr. Braverman is the most brilliant doctor. He also always responds to my emails in very good timing. He truly deserves an award.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Braverman (deceased) at Weill Cornell Medical College?
It may be costly but it's so worth it. You will get answers.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Braverman (deceased) at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Braverman met with us and explained thoroughly what he suspected was causing my miscarriages. He was very detailed. He is simply brilliant and the best
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Didn't use the clinic. I reside in Jamaica. This question may not be applicable to me.,....,...........,..,........................,...................,...........,......,.....................,,...,..,,...,..... ....,
Jeffrey Braverman (deceased)
2010 - 2012, Unsuccessful
Dr. Kang made me feel unbelievably comfortable and secure throughout the entire process. She possesses every possible characteristic one could ask for in a doctor! I never felt like a number and her attention to detail goes above and beyond. ... During the entire process of my IVF treatment, I felt empowered simply due to her keen and extremely detailed explanations of each step. We were always able to get in contact with her and she was always ready to answer any of my questions, or address my concerns.
The clinic [Weill Cornell Medical College - Long Island] is located in a very safe and easily accessible area with lots of parking! ... The waiting rooms are all very well stocked and very clean ... It's always very clean and the environment is warm and friendly. ... Three nursing staff were all very friendly and professional ... During the entire process of my IVF treatment, I felt empowered simply due to her [Dr. Kang] keen and extremely detailed explanations of each step.
How was your experience with Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Kang made me feel unbelievably comfortable and secure throughout the entire process. She possesses every possible characteristic one could ask for in a doctor! I never felt like a number and her attention to detail goes above and beyond. I HIGHLY recommend her!
Trust her advice 100%
Dr. Kang is one of the kindest, most patient and caring doctors I've ever had the opportunity to work with. During the entire process of my IVF treatment, I felt empowered simply due to her keen and extremely detailed explanations of each step. We were always able to get in contact with her and she was always ready to answer any of my questions, or address my concerns. I never felt pressured or rushed. When we realized my IVF failed, she cried with me! I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Kang!
Three nursing staff were all very friendly and professional
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The clinic is located in a very safe and easily accessible area with lots of parking! It's always very clean and the environment is warm and friendly. The waiting rooms are all very well stocked and very clean

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
As many times as I called she [Dr. Hey-Joo Kang] was right there with us. She is sensitive to our needs and I feel her compassion in each visit. We have been working with her for two years and I would recommend her to anyone...High dosages of medication while stimming, aware of changes in mood, communicated all with doctor and clinic. We were all on the same page as far as protocol.
Results [from Weill Cornell Medical College] come back later on in the day. Waiting for blood results often were after 5pm. I was sent bills without having my insurance run, and the mismanagement of some coding is a pain to get fixed. Signing in in the AM should be seamless and the machine to sign in isn’t always working or accurate...[Monitoring appointments are] First come, first serve.
How was your experience with Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
As many times as I called she was right there with us. She is sensitive to our needs and I feel her compassion in each visit. We have been working with her for two years and I would recommend her to anyone.
See her! Let her do her work and discuss options, be your own advocate, do your research and have some trust in the process.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Results come back later on in the day. Waiting for blood results often were after 5pm. I was sent bills without having my insurance run, and the mismanagement of some coding is a pain to get fixed. Signing in in the AM should be seamless and the machine to sign in isn’t always working or accurate
First come, first serve.
10500 IVF 2000 icsi
Long Island
Dr. Kang always took the time to listen to my questions and concerns. She is the second IVF physician I have seen and is by far a great example of how physicians should treat patients during this difficult process. She was very patient and caring with me...I have seen and is by far a great example of how physicians should treat patients during this difficult process. She was very patient and caring with me.
Dr. Kang's assistant [at Weill Cornell Medical College] was great. She was on top everything and was very helpful with all questions I had. At first, she may come off a little short with you, but given the volume of calls and work she deals with, she is very thorough and helpful. I felt confident with this practice...Dr. Kang always took the time to listen to my questions and concerns. She is the second IVF physician I have seen and is by far a great example of how physicians should treat patients during this difficult process. She was very patient and caring with me.
How was your experience with Hey-Joo Kang at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Don't hesitate to ask her anything.
Dr. Hey Joo Kang has an exceptional bedside manner. She explained everything thoroughly and took the time to answer all our questions. She was very candid and delivered good and not so great news in a delicate manner. I was very pleased with her.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Dr. Kang's assistant was great. She was on top everything and was very helpful with all questions I had. At first, she may come off a little short with you, but given the volume of calls and work she deals with, she is very thorough and helpful. I felt confident with this practice.

2020 - 2023, Successful
Dr. Reichman is amazing...is always so patient with me, listened to my concerns and talked through important decisions with me...helped me get pregnant with my first child, now 2.5 years old, via IUI....would call me personally anytime an important decision about my care needed to made
care at Cornell was amazing...care team is unbelievable...staff are exceptional...they really have a genuine interest in your care...appts always ran smoothly and I was never waiting to see the doctor for more than 5-10 min...administrators helped organize all the insurance approvals so everything was easy on me.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is amazing. I trust him completely and that is not something I say easily about doctors. He is always so patient with me, listened to my concerns and talked through important decisions with me. He would call me personally anytime an important decision about my care needed to made. He also personalized my IVF injection regimen and would adjust course when necessary based on my monitoring appts and blood tests. I could always tell he really cared about my outcome and wanted to help me get to where I wanted/needed to be. I cannot say enough great things about this doctor and nearly cried when it was time to leave him to see my OB.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Talk through all your questions and concerns, he will give you honest and knowledgeable information. Trust his opinion.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman and his staff are exceptional. He was always personally involved in all the decisions made in my care and made it a point to call me himself anytime there was news to share or important decisions that needed to be made. My IVF regimen was personalized, and adjusted throughout my treatment based on monitoring a blood tests. Dr. Reichman always takes the time to make sure all your questions are answered, he is very thorough, and will share his honest opinion with you in a gentle and caring way. I truly cannot say enough amazing things about him and his staff.
Describe the protocols David Reichman used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
After multiple miscarriages before seeing a fertility specialist, Dr. Reichman helped me get pregnant with my first child, now 2.5 years old, via IUI. My first few IUI resulted in negative pregnancy tests. We were considering moving to IVF but Reichman recommended we try IUI with clomid for one cycle to increase my chances and I got pregnant with my son! Forever grateful to Dr. Reichman. In 2023 I went back to Dr. Reichman after struggling with 2 more miscarriages following the birth of my son. We decided to start with an IVF cycle. I had a standard egg retrieval protocol and ended up with 5 healthy embryos. Reichman wanted us to have genetic testing for the embryos because he suspected my miscarriages were caused by genetically abnormal embryos. We attempted a natural cycle for the transfer, but my progesterone levels came back not as expected so we cancelled the transfer. That is when Dr. Reichman suggested we try for a medicated transfer the following cycle. I was hesitant because I hate shots but I knew the odds were slightly better and he felt this was my best chance for success, so I took his advice and on we went. We started with my medicated cycle and I had a particularly hard time with the progesterone shots. Dr. Reichman put me on a personalized regimen with progesterone shots and suppositories so I could space the shots out every 2-3 days. This was often being changed based on my monitoring and blood tests, which he personally monitored with his amazing nurse, Christine. I’m now almost 10 weeks pregnant and am eternally grateful I listened to Reichman’s recommendation and moved forward with the medicated transfer. He has never steered me wrong.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine)
The staff at Dr. Reichman’s office is next level. His nurse Christine would call me with test results and explain everything in detail. I never felt rushed or overlooked. She was always quick to respond to any question I had and was very easy to get a hold of. I could tell she took a genuine interest in my well being. She held my hand through everything and I always felt like I was getting the best care possible between her and Reichman.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
My care at Cornell was amazing. The care team is unbelievable and the staff are exceptional. I got to know all the nurses and they really have a genuine interest in your care. I loved how the appts always ran smoothly and I was never waiting to see the doctor for more than 5-10 min. The administrators helped organize all the insurance approvals so everything was easy on me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College.
I have fertility coverage so most of the cost was covered under my insurance.

2021 - 2022, Successful
He's [Dr. Reichman] good at getting a big picture of what you are looking for. He gives you a sense of the overall steps and immediate steps without getting into too much overwhelming detail. He takes time to answer any and all questions you may have. He carefully reviews your bloodwork and modifies your medication as necessary to ensure any setbacks are minimized....
Christine Lu was my primary nurse and care coordinator [at Weill Cornell Medical College]. She was the one who kept in touch with me after many of the bloodwork reviews, to schedule bloodwork appointments, doctor's appointments, etc. She answered many of my questions and had Dr. Reichman answer the ones she could not. She and Dr. Reichman also had sufficient staff coverage when either of them were out so I never felt like I could not reach someone...
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I highly recommend Dr. Reichman as a fertility doctor. He's good at getting a big picture of what you are looking for. He gives you a sense of the overall steps and immediate steps without getting into too much overwhelming detail. He takes time to answer any and all questions you may have. He carefully reviews your bloodwork and modifies your medication as necessary to ensure any setbacks are minimized. I was lucky in that I did not experience any setbacks. At this practice, the timing of your cycle determines when eggs need to be retrieved and implanted and this may not always coincide with when your fertility doctor is on surgical rotation. For me, two other doctors in the practice did my 2 egg retrievals and 1 egg implantation. Dr. Melnick did 1 egg retrieval and Dr. Chung did both my egg retrieval and embryo implantation. All the procedures and subsequent follow up met and exceeded my expectations.
Come prepared with questions but even if you don't have that prepared, Dr. Reichman will put you at ease if you are just looking for a general fertility check. I appreciate that he always had a woman employee (nurse) present in the room as that made me more comfortable seeing a male doctor.
Dr. Reichman and his team always made time to answer my questions in person, through email, and over the phone. I also did my best to come in prepared with questions when we met as I know this clinic is in high demand! They were also extremely attentive to my full time work schedule. They allowed me to book bloodwork check ups at the Upper East Side clinic which is closer to my home and they booked me at times when there were fewer people in queue. The Tribeca office is zen like in comparison to the UES and my appointments there were always quick and timely. Dr. Reichman asked me at the very start what our family goals were and was always very positive throughout the process and was very good at giving us recommendations based on facts and statistics in a clear and easy way to understand. He reviewed all of my bloodwork carefully and his dedicated nursing team (esp. Christine Lu) always got back to me the same day with follow up instructions on modifying medications based on my bloodwork. As a result, I did not have to take some of the more onerous and painful shots and I never experienced hyperstimulation.
I don't remember the details of my meds except that Dr. Reichman kept such a good eye on things, that they were able to retrieve a lot of eggs both cycles without hyperstimulating my ovaries which gave my husband and I a greater chance of getting good embryos for implantation. I also remember that I did not end up having to take a lot the more uncomfortable shots like the intramuscular shot or the oil based shot because my natural levels were sufficient.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: CHRISTINE LU)
Christine Lu was my primary nurse and care coordinator. She was the one who kept in touch with me after many of the bloodwork reviews, to schedule bloodwork appointments, doctor's appointments, etc. She answered many of my questions and had Dr. Reichman answer the ones she could not. She and Dr. Reichman also had sufficient staff coverage when either of them were out so I never felt like I could not reach someone.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The clinic has a high rate of success. I primarily selected them because they were covered by my insurance and they have a high success rate. I also appreciate that because they work with so many women, they really have all the stats needed to give you great statistics and averages if you need help making educated decisions. I also like that their surgical facilities are located at NY Presbyterian as the hospital has a great reputation. Everything was professional and the level of care was high. Some have said that it can feel like a zoo on the UES and one time, I did wait for 1.5 hours due to miscommunication, but they are a clinic that is in high demand and they have a huge patient list.
Billing is not super clear. There are a few ongoing items I am following up with the billing department on.
Describe David Reichman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Cornell only implants 1 embryo at a time which is what I also wanted because I only want 1 child at a time.

2020 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Pereira, is a clear communicator and I feel does not try to push you toward a specific treatment but will honestly give you his advice if you ask for it, and share his thoughts about the pro's and cons of each treatment direction. Dr. Periera is very confident in what he does, however, for me, it was not clear if he was taking the time to look into any alternatives in my treatment, that could possibly improve my results.
Weill Cornell is a large-scale clinic. There were both pros and cons to this. The facilities were great, and I had a lot of trust in their lab. Sometimes it was difficult to feel like you were getting individual treatment or attention, but overall the clinic is very well run, and the wait times are reasonable. I felt like communication overall was clear in terms of what I needed to do. And it seems the systems that have been established help ti run like a well-oiled machine.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira, is a clear communicator and I feel does not try to push you toward a specific treatment but will honestly give you his advice if you ask for it, and share his thoughts about the pro's and cons of each treatment direction. Dr. Periera is very confident in what he does, however, for me, it was not clear if he was taking the time to look into any alternatives in my treatment, that could possibly improve my results.  In this sense, my IVF cycles felt very normal and straightforward, but as an older patient, I'm looking for some more attention towards my treatment simply because time is of the essence.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I think you need to be clear about what you want, Dr. Pereira will work with you to make that happen, but at most all fertility clinics I think you need to advocate for what you think you need, while at the same time begin able to balance your Dr.'s input and follow their advice.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira, was very attentive and I think did his best to be as give individualized attention, but the large clinic nature of Weill Cornell sometimes conflicted with this. He did most ultrasounds himself, rather than tech, and often called you with results or to answer any equations. However, it is clear he has many patients and balances his schedule and how much time he can give you accordingly.  He responds quickly to email correspondence, often with short and direct info.
Describe the protocols Nigel Pereira used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
After 2 failed IUI's we did an IVF cycle. This was an antagonist cycle (150 Gonal, 150 Menepure). 11 eggs were retrieved, 5 fertilized, and we got 1 euploid embryo. Due to my age at the time (40) Dr. Pereira indicated this was a good result. and indicated he'd do this protocol again if we were to do another round. However, after our follow-up and talking about my concerns with the fertility rate. Dr. Pereria decided to change my protocol to (300 Gonal / 150 menepure) and trigger sooner. He said the embryologist report noted the embryos looked dark and this could mean they were " overcooked" In The second cycle 9 eggs were retrieved, 7 were fertilized, and 7 blasts, but only one was normal, and was a poor grade. However, given the blast formation rate, Dr. Periera said that was a better cycle. We transferred the one Eupoild embryo from teh second cycle and it ended in a chemical pregnancy. Thankfully we still have another Eupoil embryo, which we have not yet transferred. We are thinking of doing another cycle just to increase our odds.
The nurses always called with any information they need to relay, most times leaving a message. When calling them back you'd generally leave a message on the nursing line. So you needed to listen for the phone if you wanted to speak with someone. This took a bit of getting used to for me. I think all the nurses at Weill Cornell were great and very professional. However, there was one of Dr. Pereira's nurses who I always felt gave me attitude when I asked her questions. I generally tried to avoid her.IVF is stressful and I didn't need making it any harder.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Weill Cornell is a large-scale clinic. There were both pros and cons to this. The facilities were great, and I had a lot of trust in their lab. Sometimes it was difficult to feel like you were getting individual treatment or attention, but overall the clinic is very well run, and the wait times are reasonable. I felt like communication overall was clear in terms of what I needed to do. And it seems the systems that have been established help ti run like a well-oiled machine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College.
We spent about $15K per cycle. This included med and PGTA testing.
Describe Nigel Pereira's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Dr. Pereira, initially wanted to do an open cycle in case my embryos did not look great. He indicated that sometimes the embryos have more success in the body than in the lab. However, we ended up doing a freeze all due to a spike in my TSH levels at the time of the retrieval
Nigel Pereira
Tribeca

[Dr. Reichman's] treatment of my case from day one was defined by his compassion, intelligence, expertise, knowledge and sense of humor, where appropriate...He does NOT condescend your intelligence either, like some doctors may be prone to doing. He will describe — in a helpful and thoughtful way — anything and everything you care to know more about when it comes to your medical journey. Second, his honesty. He is very honest, but in no way to a fault — only so that you can set your expectations correctly.
The nurses [at Weill Cornell Medical College] are top-notch and will call you every day during IVF with instructions...I know in the beginning and end I worked closely with Nurse Christine — I will forever be in her debt for her kindness and expertise...Monitoring is run with great efficiency, appointments are made with highly capable staff and secretaries by your side. Everything is impeccably clean and state of the art.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I remember being so nervous for my consultation. Remember, that’s normal! It can be a very nerve wrecking and stressful process without the right pilot to navigate the way for you and your partner. Dr. Reichman is that pilot! First, his knowledge — he is tremendously knowledgeable in his field. One thing I love about Dr. Reichman is he doesn’t pretend to know things that go beyond his scope as a Reproductive Endocrinologist; he always speaks to his field first and foremost. He does NOT condescend your intelligence either, like some doctors may be prone to doing. He will describe — in a helpful and thoughtful way — anything and everything you care to know more about when it comes to your medical journey. Second, his honesty. He is very honest, but in no way to a fault — only so that you can set your expectations correctly. And if you’re a sensitive person, he will certainly cushion that honesty with a great deal of kindness and sensitivity as well. Third, his lack of BS (which kind of goes with the honesty thing). But is a separate point worth bringing up. He does not show-off, or act in an arrogant way, also as some doctors can. He is reserved and composed in his demeanor such that you innately trust him with your health and the well-being of your future.
Write down any questions you may have in case you forget them. Dr. Reichman will ALWAYS give you the opportunity to ask any questions you may have, so it’s good to be prepared for a fruitful conversation.
I cannot begin to describe the positive impact Dr. Reichman and his remarkable team have had on my life. His treatment of my case from day one was defined by his compassion, intelligence, expertise, knowledge and sense of humor, where appropriate. It is a pleasure and true honor to benefit from his gifts in the medical field, and to now have my son Zachary. Thank you, Dr. Reichman. It makes me feel that much better about the world knowing countless women will be helped by you.
Sorry ladies, I don’t remember many specifics. Just know you’re in the most capable hands with Dr. Reichman and his expert team of nurses and staff.
The nurses are top-notch and will call you every day during IVF with instructions. Because my husband is a doctor, I never had questions about their instructions, but I’m sure that if you have them they are super receptive to that. I know in the beginning and end I worked closely with Nurse Christine — I will forever be in her debt for her kindness and expertise.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
It is among the best in the world — case closed! Monitoring is run with great efficiency, appointments are made with highly capable staff and secretaries by your side. Everything is impeccably clean and state of the art. After all, Weill Cornell is affiliated with the #4 Hospital in the nation.
Tribeca

Dr. Pereira is extremely warm and empathetic. He speaks to you like a human being, not just a patient...[he] changed the protocol and strategy as our treatments progressed. We started with 2 rounds of IUI with different medications - both resulted in negative pregnancies. From there, we decided to move on directly to IVF treatments...
The nurses at WCM are great - very friendly, warm, and efficient. They called me daily to communicate the evening's protocol and were able to knowledgeably explain if I had any questions...All of the offices are extremely clean and well kept. All of the people that work in this clinic are amazing - so nice, friendly and efficient. The York Avenue office can be quite overwhelming at first, however I found the Tribeca and downtown Brooklyn offices to be wonderful and easy to deal with.
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I highly recommend Dr. Pereira for any patients seeking fertility treatments. He is extremely empathetic, knowledgeable, responsive, communicative. He speaks to you as a human being with amazing bedside manner. He was very knowledgeable, but made sure we understood everything that was happening in terms of medication protocol changing, procedures, etc. His responsiveness is incredible considering how busy he is - every e-mail sent, he responded within minutes. Lastly, he made sure to call before/after all important procedures, whether it was bad or good news. He was very realistic and honest throughout the entire process which was appreciated. We really enjoyed being patients of Dr. Pereira.
Ask as many questions as you want because he will answer!
Dr. Pereira is extremely warm and empathetic. He speaks to you like a human being, not just a patient. I found his bedside incomparable, especially since you may have to see other doctors within the group or at another office for monitoring or procedures on days he is not there.
Dr. Pereira changed the protocol and strategy as our treatments progressed. We started with 2 rounds of IUI with different medications - both resulted in negative pregnancies. From there, we decided to move on directly to IVF treatments. The medication protocol was changed based on the monitoring prior to the egg retrieval which was very successful (we were able to have 17 eggs retrieved); he suggested ICSI for fertilization and this resulted in 13 day 5 embryos. We were not able to do a fresh transfer due to high hormone levels, so he suggested waiting to do a FET with a more "natural" cycle. Unfortunately he was not able to do the transfer, and it resulted in a negative pregnancy. From there, he decided to do a timed/medicated FET so that he could do the transfer himself -- this was the cycle that worked. I really believe with the knowledge that he had, he was able to execute a successful transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Crystal Wright)
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The clinic is well run, organized, and efficient. All of the offices are extremely clean and well kept. All of the people that work in this clinic are amazing - so nice, friendly and efficient. The York Avenue office can be quite overwhelming at first, however I found the Tribeca and downtown Brooklyn offices to be wonderful and easy to deal with.
Almost everything was covered with our insurance (United), however we had to pay minimal amounts for medication and about $3500 out of pocket.
We did not do multiple embryo transfer since we had really healthy day 5 embryos.
Nigel Pereira
Tribeca

1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
He [Dr. Reichman] was attentive, thorough, and always available to answer questions via email. He wasn't too aggressive with hormone treatment but rather he tends to approach all his decisions and advice from a conservative perspective. I appreciate that. He is straight-forward and honest with his professional medical advice...He took our requests and questions seriously, and never acted like it was a burden to respond to us.
Strengths [of Weill Cornell] - Male factor infertility, coordination with urologist, detail oriented, fast paced, many office locations to choose form, able to work around a patient's schedule as they have many doctor's and nurses on staff, early hours, flexibility in virtual appt scheduling, clean, COVID guidelines are great. Weakness - If you want a clinic where you see the same doctor and nurse every time this isn't it. They work around the patient's schedule
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Growing our family in the way we envisioned literally wouldn't have been possible for us without the research, technology and expertise available at Cornell. I still remember the phone call we received 1.5 years ago when we were first told in Oregon that my husband would be unable to have biological kids. My husband has severe male factor infertility caused by a reciprocal balanced translocation. Our first IVF clinic (ORM) told us to look into donor sperm as they were unable to find viable sperm...even though my husband's urologist did not get the same results and said there was viable sperm. There was a serious lack of coordination between the IVF ORM clinic we went to initially and my husband's urologist. This was not the case at Cornell. Dr. Reichman took our concerns seriously from day 1 regarding coordination with the urologist and directly asked Dr. Schlegel (Cornell urologist) questions for us. He was attentive, thorough, and always available to answer questions via email. He wasn't too aggressive with hormone treatment but rather he tends to approach all his decisions and advice from a conservative perspective. I appreciate that. He is straight-forward and honest with his professional medical advice. And now I'm 12 weeks pregnant! It literally feels like a miracle...oh wait its science and the expertise of skilled professional. It was worth it to travel out of state during a pandemic to do IVF at this clinic.
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
Dr. Reichman listened to our history and was attentive. He would ask us questions about things going on in our life and always made time for a virtual call if we needed it. He answered our questions DIRECTLY via email. That's pretty rare. He took our requests and questions seriously, and never acted like it was a burden to respond to us.
We were only dealing with severe male factor infertility. I am 31 and have an average AMH (2.1) and follicle count (14). My husband and I were religious about following the advice in the book " It starts with the egg". My first and only IVF cycle: Primed with estrogen patches for a week before my period was due. For hormones used 250 IU Gonal-F and 150 IU Menopur. I did the injections for 12 days. Used Letrozole for the last few days. Triggered with 5000 HCG Novarel. We ended up retrieving 18 eggs, 15 mature. Cornell did ICSI on the 15 eggs on the day of retrieval. They used sperm from a fresh sample and never even had to use the frozen back-up samples. This resulted in 12 eggs being fertilized. 10 out of 12 embryos made it to day 5/6 for PGT-SR and PGT-A testing. Out of the 10 embryos tested, 5 came back genetically normal/balanced. The other 5 embryos all had the unbalanced version of my partner's translocation (in addition to the unbalanced translocation one had a random error). We did an unmedicated transfer at Dr. Reichman's suggestion. My hormones were checked daily, and my lining was also checked a few times. Transferred one embryo 5 days after ovulation. Then started on progesterone 100 mg suppositories twice a day up until I was 10 weeks pregnant. I'm now 12 weeks pregnant!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine Lu)
The team at Cornell, and all the individuals we interacted with (nurses, administrative staff, the doctors, the embryologists, geneticists, etc.) were very professional and we received top notch treatment. Christine, Dr. Reichman's nurse, is very detail oriented and on top of her stuff. She talks fast but rest assured she will repeat things if you need her to. She answered the millions of questions I had with patience.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Strengths - Male factor infertility, coordination with urologist, detail oriented, fast paced, many office locations to choose form, able to work around a patient's schedule as they have many doctor's and nurses on staff, early hours, flexibility in virtual appt scheduling, clean, COVID guidelines are great. Weakness - If you want a clinic where you see the same doctor and nurse every time this isn't it. They work around the patient's schedule. In my eyes this is a strength because they are maximizing success rather than prescribing you hormones just to fit their schedule. But consistency in care with appts and egg retrievals might be important to some. Overall, they are goal oriented and excellent for male factor infertility.
Very expensive as we had no IVF coverage and were coming from out of state. We also genetically tested 10 embryos and did ICSI. Resulted in roughly $40k in costs with out of state travel.
Listen to Dr. Reichman's advice. He's all about maximizing success and minimizing risk. We did eSET as I am 31 and the embryo was genetically tested.

2 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
I traveled to NYC for treatment after [Dr. Reichman]. had been recommended to me by 2 friends and after a failed cycle in my hometown, Miami...He's incredibly honest, encouraging, and provided a personalized experience - far superior than my prior experiences. I also felt my drug protocol was more personalized - he lowered my drugs (less side effects, less costly) and we had a higher # of eggs retrieved, despite starting with same # of eggs on day 3 for all 4 of my cycles. I saw him almost every visit (occasionally saw another MD for a weekend visit). I felt like he really cared about my overall success.
She [nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College] was easy to get in touch with by phone and email. I felt like she really cared about my success - she followed up on my beta tests both times (I used an outside lab), despite it being her day off both times...Initially my insurance denied covering the cycle given I had frozen eggs, but Dr. Reichman battled it out with the insurance company in a peer-to-peer, and they overturned the denial...Clinic was very efficient - in both Tribeca office and uptown. High volume but they move quickly - I never had to wait more than 5 minutes for an appointment. Front desk and other staff very pleasant.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman was the 4th reproductive endocrinologist I've seen, as I had completed 2 egg retrievals to freeze eggs (yielded 2 PGS embryos), then 1 cycle for IVF in Miami (0 PGS embryos), then 1 egg retrieval with Dr. Reichman (3 PGS embryos). I traveled to NYC for treatment after Dr. R. had been recommended to me by 2 friends and after a failed cycle in my hometown, Miami. First consult was by phone and I felt he was going to be the MD to get me pregnant - and he did, I'm 11 weeks pregnant. Overall experience with Dr. R was top notch. He's incredibly honest, encouraging, and provided a personalized experience - far superior than my prior experiences. I also felt my drug protocol was more personalized - he lowered my drugs (less side effects, less costly) and we had a higher # of eggs retrieved, despite starting with same # of eggs on day 3 for all 4 of my cycles. I saw him almost every visit (occasionally saw another MD for a weekend visit). I felt like he really cared about my overall success.
Don't be afraid to ask any question, even if it seems silly or uninformed. Dr. Reichman is patient and will answer anything.
Cornell is a big center, which was one of the main reasons I chose Cornell. (High volume usually indicates highly skilled embryologists and top notch technology). Dr. Reichman and his nurse Christine makes you feel like you are their only patient, they are so responsive! Dr. Reichman usually responded to my emails within minutes. He personally called me when we had big updates (genetic testing results, pregnancy test results). He called me when my first transfer didn't work - I was heartbroken but he immediately helped me focus on my next transfer with a detailed plan for how we'll try again (next transfer worked!).
My protocol was straightforward -- 225 gonal, 150 menopur, then added cetrotide later. In previous cycle with Miami MD, we did 350 gonal, 75/150 menopur and a flare protocol (started w/ lupron). Dr. Reichman didn't think I needed such a high dosage given my weight and ovarian reserve and he was right - we got better results. For transfer, we first did a natural cycle, which didn't take. 2nd cycle was a medicated cycle, which worked.
Christine is super responsive and very detail oriented. She and Dr. Reichman work as a true team. She was easy to get in touch with by phone and email. I felt like she really cared about my success - she followed up on my beta tests both times (I used an outside lab), despite it being her day off both times. The other nurses were also great - they call with test results if it's a weekend. Christine takes her time and will answer any questions you have, by phone or email. I did a lot of my monitoring remotely and she was amazing with helping to coordinate. she helped me find the best options for my schedule given I was out of nyc at various times during transfer periods.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The biggest strength of Cornell is their embryologists and laboratory high tech equipment. I did a consult with a top doctor in Beverly Hills who referenced Cornell's technology as top notch and too expensive for most fertility centers. Clinic was very efficient - in both Tribeca office and uptown. High volume but they move quickly - I never had to wait more than 5 minutes for an appointment. Front desk and other staff very pleasant.
Most of my clinic/procedure costs were covered by insurance. Initially my insurance denied covering the cycle given I had frozen eggs, but Dr. Reichman battled it out with the insurance company in a peer-to-peer, and they overturned the denial. I self-paid for drugs and they helped me find the most affordable pharmacy. Dr. Reichman also worked the system to allow me to transfer my frozen eggs from another institution so they could be combined with the eggs retrieved to save costs for fertilization and genetic testing.
Given I had PGS-tested embryos, Dr. Reichman strongly recommended transferring only 1 embryo in both of my transfers. He shared that birth defects are 4x in twins and I would be 30% chance likely to have twins.
Tribeca

David Reichman is for you if you want cutting edge, informed fertility care — and advice guided by science and delivered in a blunt but deeply supportive manner...Dr. Reichman explained with great care my options for treatment, the likelihood of success (based on cutting edge scientific research and probabilities based on age and other risk factors)... wanted frank and well researched advice and I felt I received this and more under Reichman’s expert care...he was also sensitive to our financial constraints and suggested a course of action based on both his medical opinion and the resources we had to spend
I was treated during the pandemic so the [Weill Cornell Medical College] clinic was running at much less than full capacity. It was spotless; social distancing and the timing of patient visits was impeccable. It all felt very safe and well thought out. I was lucky I could walk to the Tribeca clinic, and found accessing the office easy and largely contact free
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
David Reichman provided candid and well informed advice, and responded to all of my medical concerns. Importantly, he was also sensitive to our financial constraints and suggested a course of action based on both his medical opinion and the resources we had to spend. I appreciated this sensitivity and it made me trust his judgment all the more. I was very lucky to become pregnant during a timed intercourse cycle with clomid while we were preparing to undergo ivf in the following month. The journey of many women is far far longer, but I felt from the beginning that I was in excellent hands (a feeling that does not come easy for me as a research scientist myself who questions everyone and everything for a living!). Even when I became pregnant he continued to monitor the early stages very closely particularly as I was at a heightened risk for ectopic pregnancy. I very much appreciated his blunt assessments of miscarriage risk—while we were tentatively optimistic he reminded me gently of the complications that can arise. Frankly, I appreciated this honesty and caution as many women (myself included) go into fertility treatment with many expectations and fear. His honest and deeply informed demeanor inspires confidence in the process and was, for me, a source of comfort on an emotional journey. No less, he treatment me during the pandemic which added a real layer of risk for all of us. I could not have imagined a better experience and, while we hope to see this pregnancy to term, I would absolutely seek his expertise out in the future.
David Reichman is for you if you want cutting edge, informed fertility care — and advice guided by science and delivered in a blunt but deeply supportive manner. This was an ideal fit for me and I think it would be for many women on a fertility journey alone or with a partner.
Dr. Reichman explained with great care my options for treatment, the likelihood of success (based on cutting edge scientific research and probabilities based on age and other risk factors), and the psychological and physiological factors I should consider in pursuing a course of action. My partner and I feel we received extraordinary care from him and his nursing team (the very professional and responsive admin staff also play a big role). I am also a research scientist and I wanted frank and well researched advice and I felt I received this and more under Reichman’s expert care.
I was lucky to conceive on my first full cycle under Dr Reichmans care with clomid and timed intercourse. This involved frequent monitoring of ovulation and hormonal levels. We had planned to do only one round of clomid due to a suspected tubal block on one side (which increases the risk of ectopic pregnancy) and were preparing to go into IVF which he thought was the best chance of success based on the amount of time we had been trying to conceive.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I was treated during the pandemic so the clinic was running at much less than full capacity. It was spotless; social distancing and the timing of patient visits was impeccable. It all felt very safe and well thought out. I was lucky I could walk to the Tribeca clinic, and found accessing the office easy and largely contact free
The fees are high but my insurance covered most of my procedures. My insurance only covered one round of IVF (which we were preparing for) so we worked closely with the billing department to estimate costs not covered by insurance. We would not have been able to afford to pay out of pocket. Dr Reichman discussed financial concerns with me openly and appraised me of new fertility coverage in the city of New York I might be able to take advantage of. My employer was exempt from the program but it was very useful information to have on hand.
What specific things went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Tribeca

Dr. Reichman created a personal connection immediately. I saw him every time I visited the practice (except for blood test only) and he always made me feel like I was a top priority, never missing a beat in knowing my history and treatment plan...He is warm and compassionate but also honest and forthcoming in setting expectations based on my condition. While some visits were very short, I never felt rushed and he sets up separate 'talk' appointments just to plan out treatment, discuss options and questions. He is also extremely responsive via email.
I never had an issue with billing, appointments, or anything else from an administrative perspective [at Weill Cornell Medical College]. Wait times vary but were never very long. All of the nurses and front desk staff that I came into contact with were professional and kind...Initially, first my appointment was maybe 8 weeks out. I asked to be placed on the wait list and got a call within a few weeks and ran down to see him. Best decision I made! From there on out appointments were frequent and easy to come by.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I felt as though I was in the best hands with Dr. Reichman from day 1. He is warm and compassionate but also honest and forthcoming in setting expectations based on my condition. While some visits were very short, I never felt rushed and he sets up separate 'talk' appointments just to plan out treatment, discuss options and questions. He is also extremely responsive via email.
I had a unique case as I do not have traditional fertility issues. He diagnosed me with Asherman's syndrome (uterine scarring) from a d&c I had a few months prior. He was able to diagnose me via saline sonogram, followed by surgery - hysteroscopy with adhesion removal. Post surgery he placed a balloon in my uterus and had estrogen treatment. 1 month post-surgery, I had a saline sonogram and HSG to confirm that the scarring had been removed, followed by monitoring to see how my lining responded post-surgery.
Attentive and responsive, generally following up the same day with results.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I never had an issue with billing, appointments, or anything else from an administrative perspective. Wait times vary but were never very long. All of the nurses and front desk staff that I came into contact with were professional and kind.
I had to cover my deductible and beyond that, every visit and treatment was covered at 100%

2018 - 2020, Successful
He [Dr. David Reichman] was confident that my recurring losses were due to genetically abnormal embryos so he recommended PGS testing, which was the best call - we should have listened sooner. For my retreival we used Gonal-F, Menepur and Ganirelix and I was monitored very closely throughout the whole cycle...recommended transfering only one embryo...brought some much-needed levity that we always appreciated. Additionally, I can't say enough wonderful things about his office staff. The receptionists knew me by name and the nurses always greeted us with a smile no
Christine [nurse at Weill Cornell] was fantastic. She always called with my results, returned emails and phone calls very promptly, and answered all of my many questions without making me feel crazy (I was an anxious patient!)...Very well organized, which was always surprising to me given how busy the waiting room could get. If you arrive early enough you don't have to wait...Every team member, whether it be a receptionist or nurse, was always patient and kind which makes a big difference when you are struggling with infertility and have to trek in so often. It was never lost on me how hard they w
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Reichman is an exceptionally intelligent, patient and compassionate doctor, who somehow balances his deep wealth of knowledge with incredible humanity, kindness and humor. Throughout my time under his care he always listened, gave his honest opinion and provided options without ever pushing me, which I really appreciated. I was hesitant to jump into any intense treatments so we started with timed intercourse followed by IUIs. I got pregnant within a few months, but it turned out to be an ectopic resulting in emergency surgery to remove my fallopian tube. My husband and I will never forget how amazing Dr Reichman was throughout the whole experience. On a Friday evening, he rushed to meet us at the ER and canceled his own plans for the night so that he could be there with us and perform the surgery himself. This was not something he had to do - and I knew other doctors wouldn't - but that's how much he cares about his patients. He turned a traumatic situation into something much more bearable and assured us this would not prevent me from becoming pregnant. Given how painful the fertility journey can be, we couldn't imagine getting through it without a doctor who cared as much as he did. Even after this experience (and another miscarriage) he didn't push me into IVF until I felt ready, even though he knew it would give us our best chance of success. Of course he was right, and I got pregnant from my first transfer (which he performed.) We trusted him throughout the entire process and he never steered us wrong. We felt incredibly lucky to be under his care and will never be able to thank him enough for everything.
Trust what he says. He truly cares about you as a patient and person and knows what he is doing.
Regardless of the many patients under his care, Dr Reichman remembered every detail of my case. He was always patient, answering all of my questions and calming my fears. He would consistently ask how my husband and I were doing, and was genuinly concerned about the emotional toll that my last miscarriage took on us (which was the result of natural conception, before we followed his recommendation to try IVF with genetically tested embryos). In every interaction, it was obvious he cared about us as people and understood how trying this process can be. He also brought some much-needed levity that we always appreciated. Additionally, I can't say enough wonderful things about his office staff. The receptionists knew me by name and the nurses always greeted us with a smile no matter how early it was or how many patients were waiting. This makes all of the difference when you're starting so many of your days there.
Since I am fairly young, had gotten pregnant once before, and testing showed no concerns with my health or my husband's, we started with timed intercourse then moved on to try two IUIs. We attempted a third IUI with Clomid but canceled once Dr Reichman saw I was ovulating on my left side where my fallopian tube had been removed. I ended up getting pregnant naturally but it resulted in another miscarriage, after which we finally took Dr Reichman's advice and turned to IVF. He was confident that my recurring losses were due to genetically abnormal embryos so he recommended PGS testing, which was the best call - we should have listened sooner. For my retreival we used Gonal-F, Menepur and Ganirelix and I was monitored very closely throughout the whole cycle. Dr Reichman got us great results, but unfortunately after PGS we had high attrition and were left with only 2 normal embryos. He recommended we move forward with another retrieval which wasn't what we planned, but we talked it through and he felt it would serve us better in the long run to start with more embryos so we could alleviate some pressure, and he was right. We got amazing results from my second retreival (same protocol) and we were able to move forward with a transfer soon after (natrual cycle with a frozen day 5 embryo), which was successful.
Christine was fantastic. She always called with my results, returned emails and phone calls very promptly, and answered all of my many questions without making me feel crazy (I was an anxious patient!) She went out of her way to make sure we always had what we needed in terms of meds, and seemed genuinly happy for us whenever we got good news. I loved her upbeat and positive personality.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
We loved the Tribeca office. It was a 5 minute walk from my office which was huge, but I would have traveled much further for the care I received there. Every team member, whether it be a receptionist or nurse, was always patient and kind which makes a big difference when you are struggling with infertility and have to trek in so often. It was never lost on me how hard they work and how many vulerable and anxious patients they deal with all day, and yet they were still always so pleasant. I had to go to the UES location a couple of times on weekends and it made me appreciate Tribeca even more, which feels much more intimate and way less overwhelming.
Very well organized, which was always surprising to me given how busy the waiting room could get. If you arrive early enough you don't have to wait. However, there were days I rolled out of bed on the later side and still never waited more than 20 minutes.
Insurance did not cover our first round of IVF, so we ended up paying about $30k in all. I was able to switch to a different insurance plan before my second retrieval so paid less. Dr Reichman's staff was always transparent about what the costs would be before we started anything.
Dr Reichman recommended transfering only one embryo, which we were completely aligned with.