LGBTQ+ Care
LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

David Reichman

Long Island
1300 Franklin Avenue
Garden City, NY 11530
Southampton
2 Montauk Highway (corner of Flying Point Road)
Southampton, NY 11968
Tribeca
255 Greenwich Street, Suite 540
Upper East Side, Main Office
1305 York Avenue
2315 Broadway, 6th Floor
657 Main Street, Suite 1
Mount Kisco, NY 10549

[Dr. Nigel Pereira is] Extremely knowledgeable and explains all the steps to his patients alongwith his rationale. Also, he does not push his patients for expensive procedures if he feels that it is not needed. Considering how stressful fertility treatments can be, he acts like your best friend and definitely counsels you when you feel down...He expects people to be on time for appointments.
[Weill Cornell Medical College] Strength - Not crowded and the IUI procedures were done within 1 hour of collection, Punctual, Medications were cheaper in pharmacies (e.g. ovidrel injections), Doctor performing the IUI seemed very thorough Weakness - Would have preferred Dr. Pereira to perform the IUI as well but it was done by a different doctor both times...
How was your experience with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
He expects people to be on time for appointments. Also, if you have prior history of fertility treatments or issues, please document them thoroughly and bring it along.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Pereira treated us like a family member. I had 4 unsuccessful IUIs (including a chemical pregnancy) prior to visiting Dr. Pereira. I had almost made up my mind for an IVF treatment. Dr. Pereira counseled us to stick to IUI considering my age. He suggested a different protocol and that did the trick for us in our 2nd try. Dr. Pereira was extremely knowledgeable and provided ample time for discussion. I would recommend him very highly.
Describe the protocols Nigel Pereira used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
IUI 1 - With Clomid for 3 days - Only 1 egg generated - Unsuccessful IUI 2 - With Clomid for 5 days - 2 eggs generated with good dimensions - Estradiol patch for increasing the lining - Timed ovulation using Ovidrel triger shot - Success !!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Not applicable
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nigel Pereira at Weill Cornell Medical College.
800$ per IUI cycle which was not covered by my insurance and was out of pocket, 40$ copay for each visit for monitoring+bloodwork - avg. 5 visits per cycle, 30-40$ for clomid/ estradiol patches, 50$ - ovidrel injection
Describe Nigel Pereira's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Not applicable
Nigel Pereira
Upper West Side

Dr. Elias doesn't only care about the medical process he goes through, he also support his patients emotionally before starting any treatment or procedure...All his assumptions were correct and all my procedures with him were successful. After waiting for more than 4 yrs to get pregnant and with all the unsuccessful fertility cycles i had before consulting him. Here i am with my first successful egg retrieval, embryo freezing, and embryo transfer, and a positive pregnancy.
Cycles monitoring and blood work scheduled and available everyday from 6:30-8:30 am [at Weill Cornell]...Clean and well organized clinic...Strength: Good appointment schedules No long time of waiting except if there’s any emergency happened with the doctor...At the very beginning I had a laparoscopic procedure to check if the uterus & the tubes were fine. I was diagnosed with endometriosis and some were removed from my uterus. But it was sneaking through my right tube to the rectum. Then he suggested to do a cycle before removing the infected tube and the rectum endometriosis. I had a successful cycle with two eggs since am also having a very low AMH. I had an egg retrieval and embryo freezing. Then i had another procedure to remove the right side tube and the endometriosis on my rectum. After that i had a hormonal cycle using estrogen patches and lupron to minimize the effect of the remaining microscopic pelvic endometriosis getting ready for the embryo transfer. Lastly i had a successful transfer with 1 embryo. After that (estrogen patches and progesterone injections until present).
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I suffered from strong and anonymous pain in my uterus and abdomen area for more than four years. I went to many doctors as I can and the best of them back in my country, no one gave me a clue or a correct answer about my medical issue. I even had wrongly MRI diagnosis and unsuccessful laparoscopy. When I came here to visit Dr. Elias he explained for me the expected complications which i might have. All his assumptions were correct and all my procedures with him were successful. After waiting for more than 4 yrs to get pregnant and with all the unsuccessful fertility cycles i had before consulting him. Here i am with my first successful egg retrieval, embryo freezing, and embryo transfer, and a positive pregnancy. Although am still suffering from the microscopic endometriosis surrounding my pelvic and which nothing can be done to it, am very grateful and thankful to Dr. Elias cause he really tried his best to help me with my sickness and my infertility issue. Thank you Dr., you’re the best !
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Just go ahead you’re in good and talented hands.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Describe the protocols Rony Elias used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Strength: Good appointment schedules No long time of waiting except if there’s any emergency happened with the doctor Clean and well organized clinic Weaknesses: Non except you should make sure to sign all the papers required before any procedure (egg retrieval, or laparoscopy , embryo transfer etc). Or they will ask you to go back to the office even if they forget it until the day of the procedure! But thangs god the doctor is conscious And helpful incase anything like that happened.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Cycles monitoring and blood work were scheduled and available everyday from 6:30-8:30 am
Describe Rony Elias's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
I was planning to transfer two embryos. But the doctor advised me to transfer only one because of the endometriosis. He was very right about it.
2023, Unknown Success
Investor
Elias was very well prepared at each one of my visits-- knowledgeable of my chart and past history. He even remembered that I had an unrelated infection and asked how I was feeling. After each procedure and during hormone injections, he asked about physical discomfort and in terms of strategy, he was very factual about the likelihood of success given my (very) low AMH. Though matter of fact, he was still appropriately sympathetic.
Given its success, the [Weill Cornell Medical College] clinic processes a huge volume of patients and it can feel a bit impersonal. That said, the clinic has also ironed out the process and makes it very digestible, particularly for a first time consumer of fertility services. The IVF class for example, was hugely helpful, as was an email that detailed the medication and next steps to the IVF cycle. The clinic was very strong in laying out the process and was tailor made for the type A person in me. This isn't a clinic where you will get a ton of individual attention and I am unsure if the doctors/staff are open to cycle customization for those patients who have very strong opinions about medication dosages, etc. The clinic is understandably very science based and follows a stringent and pretty set protocol, which I view as a positive.
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Elias was honest and strategic -- all you can ask for in a reproductive specialist. He figured out pretty early on that I was reluctant to jump to IVF so he exhausted steps short of IVF and gently nudged us in that direction when it was time and when I was ready. I appreciated that he did not force us to the most invasive, expensive options. It built trust, and I ultimately agreed with his risk/reward analysis of how to stage different interventions. He did a very good job of managing my expectations on each stimulation cycle and retrieval. For example, he voluntarily gave me a concrete target number of eggs, realizing, I think, that I was too discouraged to ask for an estimate. He knew how to deliver this information in a way that was not too overwhelming and focused primarily on concrete ranges for "people of similar stats." On the handful of occasions that he came off as a bit too upbeat, I did not fault him. In this line of business you have to promote a positive outlook. It became clear over the several months of my treatment that as much as fertility intervention is a science, it is also very much an art. And Elias is a careful and methodical artist. He has a seemingly insane workload yet monitors each cycle with precision. I appreciate that the cycles were as painless and efficient as possible. Perhaps it was happenstance, but even the timing of my monitoring sessions and in person meetings felt geared towards minimizing disruption to my work and childcare schedule. I am writing this before I know whether any of it worked or not because although success is measured by ultimate outcome, the process itself more than exceeded the standard of care.
Be prepared to be efficient. You won't get a ton of facetime so come prepared if you have a lot of questions. Elias takes time to explain each procedure and stage, but it is still wise to do some of your own research and reading so you are not totally in the dark or hearing terms/concepts for the first time.
I completed three unsuccessful IUI cycles (two with clomid, one with letrozole), followed by an IVF estrogen priming-antagonist cycle. We started with IUIs because I wasn't up for IVF right away. We do not yet know the results of the IVF cycle -- Elias retrieved 9 eggs, 7 mature, 5 fertilized. I am no expert but these results seemed quite good given my low AMH (0.5) and an antral follicle count hovering at 8-9. What happens next is really more a question of egg quality than stimulation, etc. so I see Elias as having exceeded my expectations.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Jane)
I dealt with several nurses and each one was very clear and responsive to my questions. If they did not know the answer, they always followed up with Elias and got back to me with an answer. In terms of medications, they were prompt and very patient in answering my questions and explaining each dosage. The office visits in the city felt like a cattle call (there could be as many as 10-15 people waiting) and sometimes there were slight confusions, but nothing terribly off putting or problematic. I love the Westchester office -- both the location and staff who runs a tight ship.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Given its success, the clinic processes a huge volume of patients and it can feel a bit impersonal. That said, the clinic has also ironed out the process and makes it very digestible, particularly for a first time consumer of fertility services. The IVF class for example, was hugely helpful, as was an email that detailed the medication and next steps to the IVF cycle. The clinic was very strong in laying out the process and was tailor made for the type A person in me. This isn't a clinic where you will get a ton of individual attention and I am unsure if the doctors/staff are open to cycle customization for those patients who have very strong opinions about medication dosages, etc. The clinic is understandably very science based and follows a stringent and pretty set protocol, which I view as a positive.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Well over $45-50K, including three IUIs, HSG, SS sonogram, one IVF cycle, and related medications -- mostly covered by insurance. We went out of pocket for add-ons like ICSI and genetic testing. I do not have a good sense of how this compares to other clinics as we did not shop around.
Elias is very cautious about multiples, and was conservative in his approach to IUIs. I suspect that he is equally if not more conservative in transfers. I already have a four year old, so I share the desire to avoid multiples, though could see the other side if I didn't already have a child.

2023, Unsuccessful
1 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
I was literally yelling my questions as he [Dr. Rony Elias] was perpetually running out the door. His bedside manner was forced at best, and I always felt as though he was trying to get me to commit to more medical intervention at every turn (i.e. multiple cycles and more $$$). Add this to the wait times, and it truly felt like a cattle call at every visit...I always felt rushed and not listened to...
The [Weill Cornell Medical College] facility was aesthetically fairly depressing and often didn't have enough seating for everyone waiting. In general most of the staff wasn't friendly and that includes the billing office which was wholly unhelpful (and I called 4 times before receiving a response)...The nursing staff was fine- but mostly felt very impersonal and rushed...There were communication issues about what I was doing and when- I was charged for appointments that were not necessary. Even though I repeatedly stated that I knew my body and knew my cycle, I felt unheard and disregarded.
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I repeatedly asked Dr Elias whether my insurance would cover ultrasounds and office visits (one of which was incorrectly scheduled by the doctor because there had been a miscommunication- not my fault)- and they assured me it would be covered. It was not. I'm now left with thousands of dollars of bills in addition to the hefty cycle fees. When speaking to the billing office, they flat out said the office denied ever having made these claims, so now I have to pay not only for poor care but to a dishonest Doctor.
I wouldn't wish this on anyone, hence this review- but especially not on women who are in the vulnerable position of TTC. My advice would be to look elsewhere.
I always felt rushed and not listened to. I was literally yelling my questions as he was perpetually running out the door. His bedside manner was forced at best, and I always felt as though he was trying to get me to commit to more medical intervention at every turn (i.e. multiple cycles and more $$$). Add this to the wait times, and it truly felt like a cattle call at every visit.
The nursing staff was fine- but mostly felt very impersonal and rushed.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The facility was aesthetically fairly depressing and often didn't have enough seating for everyone waiting. In general most of the staff wasn't friendly and that includes the billing office which was wholly unhelpful (and I called 4 times before receiving a response).
The costs for a thaw, testing, transfer and monitoring were hefty in the excess of 25K (not including egg freezing which I had done previously)
2021 - 2023, Successful
Dr. Elias based my initial protocol based on the details of my tests and explained why he was making those choices. He then adapted my future protocol based on the response during the first cycle...His bedside manner is warm, open and honest. The few times I pushed back, he was open to understanding my point of view, adjusting the plan to meet my concerns or talking through until we were in agreement. He thought through our goals and treatment options in depth, but also allowed me to set goals and parameters around them and make decisions based on my individual priorities.
The [Weill Cornell Medical College] nursing staff was incredibly prompt and responsive. They left clear, detailed messages with instructions if I missed their call. I was able to reach out to them by both phone and email and always got a return call same day...I didn't always realize Dr. Elias would be in the city rather than the office, so occasionally came in expecting to see him and saw the nursing team only instead, which was fine as they are great, but would have preferred clearer communication around that sometimes.
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Elias is incredibly well educated and versed in the most recent research on all aspects of fertility and able to explain it very clearly to me as a patient. He always took his time to ensure that I fully understood the plan and had all my questions answered. His bedside manner is warm, open and honest. The few times I pushed back, he was open to understanding my point of view, adjusting the plan to meet my concerns or talking through until we were in agreement. He thought through our goals and treatment options in depth, but also allowed me to set goals and parameters around them and make decisions based on my individual priorities.
Don't be afraid to ask questions - he is always happy to answer them.
Dr. Elias based my initial protocol based on the details of my tests and explained why he was making those choices. He then adapted my future protocol based on the response during the first cycle. His staff was always available, both by phone and email, and got back to me promptly with explicit answers that showed they understood what was going on with me specifically.
The nursing staff was incredibly prompt and responsive. They left clear, detailed messages with instructions if I missed their call. I was able to reach out to them by both phone and email and always got a return call same day, generally within a couple hours, sooner if it was anything clinically urgent (which was rare, because the clinical communication was so clear and proactive).

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr.Elias was always patient and communicative...He always took the time to explain the next steps and when one cycle didn’t work he was always ready and willing to try something different. He always listened to and “heard” our concerns and made my husband and I very comfortable...We saw him for all monitoring in mount kisco and met the other doctors when monitoring in the city was more convenient or for some of the procedures...
I would always ask for her [nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College] when I left a message on the nurse line and was always happy to hear from her. She answered every question and was always very compassionate, especially when she was responsible for making difficult phone calls...At times, it was difficult to deal with the hospital side of things. Waiting for a call back or asking questions regarding insurance and such. I always got the information I needed but it was definitely easier to deal with Jessica, his office manager in mount kisco or Manar his office manager in the city, rather than the hospital staff.....
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr.Elias was always patient and communicative. I was drained and exhausted after leaving my first RE and he was a breath of fresh air. To be honest, I did not expect results.. I figured I would give a new dr a try just to see what would happen. He always took the time to explain the next steps and when one cycle didn’t work he was always ready and willing to try something different. He always listened to and “heard” our concerns and made my husband and I very comfortable.
When we had our first consultation I was not thrilled about the fact that other doctors on his team rotate for retrievals and transfers. That was almost the thing that turned us away. But each doctor we meet was kinder and more knowledgeable than the next, it made sense that he would trust them with his patients. We saw him for all monitoring in mount kisco and met the other doctors when monitoring in the city was more convenient or for some of the procedures. Don’t let that scare you, they truly were all amazing and the one that did my transfer clearly knew what he was doing, because I have a 6 month old baby girl in my arms as I write this.
He always spoke to me with compassion and when the outcomes were not what we hoped for he always took the time to answer questions and discuss the steps moving forward without making us feel rushed. Every step felt like teamwork, rather than us just doing whatever he said.
My previous doctor only retrieved 1 egg in the 2 years I spent with him. My irregular cycles were never addressed and I was pumped with excessive meds with zero success. Dr.Elias told me that although my last experience wasn’t a good one, the information from my old RE would be very helpful to him and that I should not feel like it was wasted time. He started with minimal meds and got results in the first cycle. He retrieved eggs 4 times and each time they were better and more mature. My previous doctor has recommended donor eggs. And told me I could not produce mature eggs because my follicles would shrink each month. (Little did I know, he was missing my ovulation window.) Dr.Elias did cancel some cycles and use insemination when he didn’t think a retrieval would produce good enough eggs and I am so thankful for his honestly in doing that. He did but waste my time me my insurance benefits and always made honest decisions when taking steps in my treatment.
Jane wasn’t exactly my primary care nurse, but I tried to make sure she was! I would always ask for her when I left a message on the nurse line and was always happy to hear from her. She answered every question and was always very compassionate, especially when she was responsible for making difficult phone calls.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I don’t know exactly because I had a lifetime cap on fertility treatment and I did. It meet that maximum. I do know that I had barely made a dent in it after my time with dr.Elias so I am assuming the cost was very reasonable.
Dr.Elias strongly believes that embryos do better inside your body then they would in a lab. He is fond of three day transfers and will typically do fresh transfers if he doesn’t feel you need genetic testing. I was hesitant not to test my only good embryo after 5 years of treatment. Thankfully, I trusted him!

2021, Successful
Dr. Elias was very understanding and empathetic with us and our situation. Both me and my husband had issues that had to be addressed and Dr. Elias not only calmly explained them to us, but also gave us the confidence that we needed during this fertility journey. We get the feeling that he genuinely cares for us...I'd recommend that you be on time (because he is), and write down the questions you want to ask so that you do not forget....
Weill Cornell seems to be a well-liked and top-rated fertility center both for male and female issues...doctors are highly qualified, competent, efficient and kind. They also seem to strongly prefer the least invasive and science/evidence-supported treatment strategies...a couple of the people in the billing office were often confused; our doctor had to personally step in to resolve issues...
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
First, of all doctors I have seen so far, Dr. Elias was the most punctual. Every single appointment started either on time or earlier. Also, compared to other doctors (regular, non-fertility) and clinics, his COVID prevention protocols are exemplary especially at the Westchester office. You go there, swipe a card and wait in your car. He gives you a call when he is ready to see you and you go directly into the exam/ultrasound room. Same protocol for blood draws, nurse visits, etc. Second, he was well prepared for all our appointments. For example, for our first appointment, he had already reviewed our medical history in detail. My husband had seen Dr. Kashanian at Weill Cornell for his male factor issues. Dr. Elias had reviewed his charts and spoken to Dr. Kashanian prior to our appointment. I got the same feeling at each subsequent appointment. He and his nurses/assistants seem to maintain meticulous notes and co-ordinate very well. As for the treatment itself, I appreciate that he diagnosed our problems precisely, and recommended the least invasive course of treatment -- IUI. He was very candid about the success rate, and recommended that we try it before moving on to more intensive treatments. I do not have insurance coverage for fertility treatments; he empathized with our situation and kept affordability in mind while making recommendations. In the case of injectable medications, he recommended a mail order pharmacy that was very very affordable (even compared to prices on GoodRx). In summary, I will not hesitate to recommend him to any couple who are struggling to start a family.
I had anovulation due to PCOS, and my husband had low sperm count and low morphology. The initial course of treatment for us was letrozole + ovulation monitoring + trigger + IUI and it was successful.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Weill Cornell seems to be a well-liked and top-rated fertility center both for male and female issues. We chose it based on recommendations from our primary care providers and Google/FertilityIQ reviews. Regarding strengths, I would say that their doctors are highly qualified, competent, efficient and kind. They also seem to strongly prefer the least invasive and science/evidence-supported treatment strategies. I would say that they have three main areas of improvement: (1) a couple of the people in the billing office were often confused; our doctor had to personally step in to resolve issues (2) For male factor issues, they have three excellent doctors, but two do not accept most insurance plans and (3) they do not have many locations up North.
I'm not sure if I can reveal the exact numbers. I don't have insurance coverage for fertility treatments, and their self-pay prices were very reasonable.
Westchester
Dr. Elias is kind, professional and yet personable and puts you at ease the moment you meet him...He does speak rather quickly but if you ask him to clarify anything he said that you may have missed he will absolutely take the time to explain...really understands the financial burden of this and if he can help, he will...Now that I am pregnant I am devastated he won’t be the one following me through my pregnancy. I have never felt more comfortable with a doctor.
The office [at Weill Cornell Medical College] runs very smoothly and I was always in and out within 15-20 minutes and the staff there were always efficient and friendly....The office works like a well oiled machine. For the days I had to visit the upper east side location for monitoring on weekends (Mt. Kisco is closed) or for procedures such as IUI’s and IVF, parking was a bit of a hassle. They have a parking garage but don’t accept SUV’s.
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Elias is kind, professional and yet personable and puts you at ease the moment you meet him. He is undoubtedly knowledgeable in his field and I hold him in the highest regard. Dr. Elias didn’t just get to know me as a patient, but as a person who was clearly frustrated and scared entering the world of infertility. He does speak rather quickly but if you ask him to clarify anything he said that you may have missed he will absolutely take the time to explain. I honestly could write an essay on how wonderful he is. There isn’t enough I can say about him. I feel very blessed I landed in his office. There is no one else I would rather be working with on my journey to having a child.
Write down all questions you have before any appointment. Your first meeting with him is lengthier and you will have more time to ask your list of questions but monitoring appointments go quickly. If you don’t jot your questions you may not have a moment to remember to ask them.
Dr. Elias gets to know you and your partner like a person who genuinely cares about you and your struggles. He remembers small details like no other doctor has ever remembered. Now that I am pregnant I am devastated he won’t be the one following me through my pregnancy. I have never felt more comfortable with a doctor.
I primarily dealt with Sherma, Lisa and Jane and I loved every single one of them. They were friendly, informative and they got back to me so quickly when I needed refills on my meds or had any general concerns or questions. I actually looked forward to seeing them and talking to them on the phone.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I went to the office in Mt. Kisco and the upper east side. Since I live in Westchester, getting to the Mt. Kisco office was very easy and always had parking which is a plus. Mornings for monitoring are busy but I find the earlier you get there the less likely you are to have to wait. Jessica at the front desk keeps the office spotless and she is friendly and equally organized which made life so much easier. The office works like a well oiled machine. For the days I had to visit the upper east side location for monitoring on weekends (Mt. Kisco is closed) or for procedures such as IUI’s and IVF, parking was a bit of a hassle. They have a parking garage but don’t accept SUV’s. The office runs very smoothly and I was always in and out within 15-20 minutes and the staff there were always efficient and friendly.
My insurance covered everything except for the freezing of my embryo. I had to pay a co-pay every visit which is to be expected but I will say that at one point it looked like I was going to have to pay for IVF out of pocket and they did everything they could to help me with the cost of medications. Dr. Elias really understands the financial burden of this and if he can help, he will.

2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Elias takes time to get to know his patients and truly seems to understand the weight infertility bears on the person struggling. He is compassionate and positive...He recommended an HSG due to recurrent chemical pregnancies - something that was not taken seriously at the previous clinic. Everything he explained at that first meeting made the eventual path to a bilateral salpingectomy and IVF easier. He was a partner in treatment and allowed us to try medicated timed intercourse for a year before moving ahead with surgery and IVF.
The 7:30 morning monitoring time [at Weill Cornell] is rough if you work in the city or at a job that starts earlier. The first come first serve model is difficult to manage but most patients are courteous lining up. Jessica at the front desk is personable and extremely helpful in getting you set up as a patient...Lisa and Jan [nurses] were always prompt in returning calls and answering questions. They were also positive in their communications.
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I don’t know where to begin with explaining how incredible Dr. Elias is in practice and in general. I’d previously gone to a fertility clinic that felt very impersonal and rushed. It put off treatment for me for years until I decided on a whim to see Dr. Elias. From the start he took time to describe what the next steps would be and what the possibilities for treatment would entail based on my anecdotal and medical history. He recommended an HSG due to recurrent chemical pregnancies - something that was not taken seriously at the previous clinic. Everything he explained at that first meeting made the eventual path to a bilateral salpingectomy and IVF easier. He was a partner in treatment and allowed us to try medicated timed intercourse for a year before moving ahead with surgery and IVF. Despite my fears of being medically sterile, I got pregnant my first IVF cycle and am currently home with my week old son. Dr. Elias is an extremely knowledgeable doctor that stays up to date with treatments. I’ve also never experienced a doctor until meeting him who actually spends time to thoroughly review your chart before meeting with you. There is not enough good I can say about Dr. Elias - he made a miracle happen, but even when we were in the seemingly endless treatment cycles we had hope and trust in him to keep us going.
Write down any questions you have before meeting with him, morning monitoring with him goes quickly, as it should, so it helps to be prepared.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Lisa)
Lisa and Jan were always prompt in returning calls and answering questions. They were also positive in their communications.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The 7:30 morning monitoring time is rough if you work in the city or at a job that starts earlier. The first come first serve model is difficult to manage but most patients are courteous lining up. Jessica at the front desk is personable and extremely helpful in getting you set up as a patient.
Monitoring was very efficient, considering the doctor himself was doing the monitoring. Some mornings can be busier than others but I never waited more than a half hour.
Cost was as expected for fertility treatment in this area. Unfortunately (specific to my situation) while Dr. Elias and monitoring at the Westchester office was covered by my insurance, Weill Cornell in Manhattan was not so I had to pay out of pocket for all IVF related treatments.
eSET made absolute sense for my situation and his rationale behind it was completely correct.

2019, Consult
I was warmly greeted by the doctor [Dr. Elias] by name and handshake. He took over an hour to explain all the details of my specific case and my available options. This doctor is not only interested in solving the problem, but to ensure the patient's level of comfort...After reviewing all of my documentation he was able to provide a potential diagnosis....not a fibroid at all but rather a blocked Fallopian tube. Not only could this be causing my pain, but could be the reason my IVF cycle was unsuccessful. He is thoughtful, cautious, kind, caring and patient. All the things that a doctor should be. I am willing to drive from LI to Westchester for him to be my doctor.
[Weill Cornell] does not accept my insurance plan so I was a self-pay patient...I was told that I had to pay upfront and then get a form that I could submit to my insurance for reimbursement...The office staff was organized in explaining and obtaining the necessary paperwork. I was seen by the provider in a timely manner in relation to my appointment. I do wish that the office had a direct # that is not affiliated with the main # for NY Presby/Weill Cornell. I had received a phone call the morning of my appointment that I missed. When I called back the # I spoke to the answering service telling me the office was closed when I just received a message.
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I have always experienced pain in the area of my right ovary at first during when I thought I was ovulating. Over the years this pain got progressively worse and more frequent. I was told by my OB/GYN that it was a uterine fibroid on the outside of the uterus in the back and it was sitting on a blood vessel. I sought fertility treatment from the Chief of a well known health system on LI. He advised me that he wasn't sure it was a fibroid, but rather it was a "mass". An MRI of the Pelvis showed absolutely nothing but the pain was even occurring during my period. I had a round of IVF in which I had 13 mature egg and all of them fertilized. A grade A embryo was implanted and it didn't take. We were devastated to say the least. I sought Dr. Elias for a 2nd opinion as I knew something was not right. After reviewing all of my documentation he was able to provide a potential diagnosis....not a fibroid at all but rather a blocked Fallopian tube. Not only could this be causing my pain, but could be the reason my IVF cycle was unsuccessful. He is thoughtful, cautious, kind, caring and patient. All the things that a doctor should be. I am willing to drive from LI to Westchester for him to be my doctor.
Don't be afraid to voice your concerns or questions as he is very willing to listen and give an explanation in layman's terms.
I was warmly greeted by the doctor by name and handshake. He took over an hour to explain all the details of my specific case and my available options. This doctor is not only interested in solving the problem, but to ensure the patient's level of comfort.
Dr. Elias has prescribed a HSG to confirmed discussed diagnosis. Based on the results a Hysteroscopy is possible.
I have not had any interaction with the nursing staff at this clinic as I have not gotten past the testing stage.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Dr. Elias does not accept my insurance plan so I was a self-pay patient. My plan does have out-of-network benefits, however, I was told that I had to pay upfront and then get a form that I could submit to my insurance for reimbursement.
Dr. Elias explained that due to a number of factors including advanced maternal age as well as other medical issues I would be prudent to only transfer one embryo for not only a positive outcome for pregnancy but to my long term health.

2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Elias always made us feel comfortable. My husband and I had multiple appointments with him because of my pre-ops for my fibroid surgeries, lap, etc. He has great bed side manner, he's very kind, compassionate and extremely patient. We always knew the success rates going in which helped when a treatment didn't work and he always took the time to thoroughly explain everything...I truly feel he genuinely cares about his patients and ask my husband, he was the only person that could calm me down.
They [nurses at Weill Cornell] were great to work with and when I called multiple times for follow up questions, they always called me back the same day...the Mt. Kisco office would get crowded during monitoring appointments, but it was more of a personal feel getting to see Dr. Elias (being able to ask your own DR questions). NYC office was always packed, but they always moved pretty quick...IUI was ~750, IVF cycle was approximately 10k for one cycle plus injections were ~6k
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
We would not be expecting our little boy in December if it wasn't for Dr. Elias. We will forever be grateful to him. Dr. Elias always called me to follow up after surgeries and several times when i freaked out over results. I truly feel he genuinely cares about his patients and ask my husband, he was the only person that could calm me down. You just feel a sense of comfort when he's talking to you. Dr. Elias is also extremely patient - pretty sure i repeated several questions over multiple appointments and he always answered them without hesitation. Although morning monitoring was fast, i never felt he rushed me without answering my questions. Dr. Elias was able to remove my fibroid with three minimally invasive hysteroscopic surgeries. After multiple IUI's and laparoscopic surgery which confirmed my blocked tube, we ended up doing IVF. Dr. Elias never made us feel rushed to move onto the next step until we were ready, but also gave us his honest opinion, which i really appreciated. The first IVF cycle ended in a CP, but was my first FET was a natural unmediated cycle and it was a success.
Don't be afraid to ask him questions or give him your opinion on research you found, etc. He really takes the time to address your concerns so that you can understand his protocol, etc. He's happy to repeat himself though if you don't understand what he says the first time.
1 clomid cycle and TI, 5 IUI cycles of 100mg Clomid (1 was 150mg Clomid). We were going to move forward with IVF after 4th IUI but we missed deadline due to time of year. For IVF: 150iu Gonal F, Menopour 75, Cetrotide. 17 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized with ICSI, 10 made it to blastocyst. Fresh cycle ended in a CP, Frozen was un-medicated with 1 BL and it was a success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Lisa and Jane )
Lisa and Jane are Dr. Elias's two IVF NYC Nurses that call to give daily updates. They also called me for IUI next steps as well. They were great to work with and when I called multiple times for follow up questions, they always called me back the same day.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
If you can try to go to the Mt. Kisco office for morning monitoring because you get to see Dr. Elias for US and Blood work everyday except Thursday's and weekends. The NYC main office is more of the factory feel and you get a different doctor or nurse each time. They are extremely fast though because there are so many NP's there.
Already stated above, but the Mt. Kisco office would get crowded during monitoring appointments, but it was more of a personal feel getting to see Dr. Elias (being able to ask your own DR questions). NYC office was always packed, but they always moved pretty quick.
IUI was ~750, IVF cycle was approximately 10k for one cycle plus injections were ~6k, plus ICSI was ~2,500, Frozen cycle was ~4k. Insurance covered Fibroid surgeries, lap, IUI and IVF but i had to pay until we hit our out of pocket max.
Dr. Elias strongly recommended SET due to my age even after my fresh cycle ended in a CP.
Westchester

He [Dr. Elias] has a great bedside manner and is highly responsive to any concerns or questions...I really felt that I was in the best possible care with his knowledge, ability, and expertise...is more than happy to share his knowledge - ask questions!...had a very positive outlook given the results and I appreciate that he had developed a strategy for the next IVF round during our follow up after the genetic results...
Considering the results [at Weill Cornell], the embryologist and the lab were excellent...Weekend monitoring on the UES was painless as the wait time was quick and the nurses always pleasant... loved going to the Mt. Kisco office which was much more intimate and the team there is fantastic. It felt like a family practice...They [nurses] were consistent and very considerate with regard to advice for my medication as I was paying out of pocket (advising on the more cost effective pharmacies). I received very quick responses to all my emails. I als
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Elias offered a lot of guidance throughout the process, and took the time to explain his diagnosis, recommendation, as well as what to expect during the various stages of the cycle. He was highly compassionate and very human. I was fortunate to see him for almost every monitoring and he performed the retrieval. He was committed to delivering the best results and based on his protocol, his initial assumptions were spot on. I really felt that I was in the best possible care with his knowledge, ability, and expertise.
Dr. Elias is more than happy to share his knowledge - ask questions!
Dr. Elias is great listener and thoughtful about his approach to treatment. I had previously seen another RE that had discouraged me from IVF due to my age, and relative AMH and AFC; however, Dr. Elias had a positive outlook from the onset which made a huge impact in the process. He assessed HSG records from specialists that I had seen previously and where others failed to, he educated me on the results with his recommendation. He has a great bedside manner and is highly responsive to any concerns or questions.
Estrogen priming antagonist protocol with 150 Gonal-F, 150 Menopur and Cetrotide. Trigger with HCG/Lupron. 8 mature eggs retrieved, 6 embryos, and 5 day 5 blasts. Shockingly positive results for my age and have to acknowledge the excellent work of Dr. Elias, his team, and the lab. All were aneuploidy and unfortunately in this case, I was a statistic of my age group. However, Dr. Elias still had a very positive outlook given the results and I appreciate that he had developed a strategy for the next IVF round during our follow up after the genetic results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Lisa Artusa)
Lisa and Jane were great and communicated with a lot of positivity and high energy. They were consistent and very considerate with regard to advice for my medication as I was paying out of pocket (advising on the more cost effective pharmacies). I received very quick responses to all my emails. I also loved going to the Mt. Kisco office which was much more intimate and the team there is fantastic. It felt like a family practice.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Considering the results, the embryologist and the lab were excellent. I would assume that my rate of conversion from egg --&gt;embryo--&gt;blast is on the higher range of success for any clinic. Weekend monitoring on the UES was painless as the wait time was quick and the nurses always pleasant.
No insurance coverage unfortunately. IVF Cycle Fee $9463, ICSI $2630, Freezing $1050, PGS $4850, Medication $4500, Hospital Fee $1000

2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
Dr. Elias has great bedside manner and always took the time to answer my questions and explain things in a way I could understand. He always seems as though he genuinely cares. ... I feel he was careful to tailor my protocols just for me, and adjusted them for next time when it wasn’t working. He took the time to call me personally after my first egg retrieval, and again after my D&C to see how I was doing. I really appreciated that personal touch.
Cornell is a large clinic and a well-oiled machine. They know their stuff. Monitoring generally moves very quickly, as they have a large nursing staff. A doctor almost always does all your ultrasounds, but may not always be your primary doc. Egg retrievals and transfers are done by the doc on-call that day. I found all the docs to be very good. The clinic is associated with New York Presbyterian, which I found to be an absolutely wonderful hospital.
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I feel Dr. Elias is very knowledgeable and I trusted him completely with my care. He always takes as much time with you as you need to ask questions. He actually seems to care. I feel he was careful to tailor my protocols just for me, and adjusted them for next time when it wasn’t working. He took the time to call me personally after my first egg retrieval, and again after my D&C to see how I was doing. I really appreciated that personal touch. I also liked that he did most of my monitoring ultrasounds, rather than an ultrasound tech.
Be proactive and ask questions. He has no problem explaining things in a way you can understand.
We did 4 rounds of IVF, first 3 with the estrogen priming antagonist protocol (Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix). For the fourth cycle, we added clomid for the first 5 days. I responded best on the first cycle (3 eggs), poor response the next 2 (one egg each), and a little better on the fourth (2 eggs). We did get pregnant from our very first cycle (transferred 2 day 3s, one stuck), but ended in miscarriage at 8 weeks from trisomy 15. Second cycle was a chemical, third I had a positive hpt but negative beta (likely another chemical), fourth cycle a BFN. A few weeks after our 4th cycle, we managed to get pregnant on our own and I’m currently 8 weeks along. I feel as though maybe the fertility treatments may have helped.
Lisa, Dr. Elias’s main IVF nurse, is ok. I generally felt pretty rushed when talking on the phone with her and occasionally she gave incorrect information. I really like Jane, one of the other nurses. The nursing staff in general is great at this clinic.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Monitoring in Westchester is pretty quick, as it’s a small satellite office. Monitoring in NYC also is generally pretty quick, as they have a large nursing staff. There are a lot more patients in the main NYC office, but the waiting area is comfortable. Monitoring is very early (6:30-8:30 in the city and 7:30-9 in Westchester).
We were lucky to have infertility coverage through insurance, so we only paid copays.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College.
There was just one instance where a nurse did not call in the afternoon with instructions for that night. Not a huge deal, I just called the emergency line and someone called me back.
Westchester
Both time Dr. Elias opted to transfer 3. I took his advice both times. ... He is really compassionate and always recommends the route he feels is best without pushing you. He gives you the facts and is patient about any and all questions you may have. He is always available and always gets back to you either directly or through one of his great staff [Weilll Cornell]. ... After various testing we had unexplained infertility and he recommended a cycle being monitored on clomid with timed intercourse ...
I was lucky enough to do most of my monitoring with Dr Elias himself in Mt Kisco. In the event it’s over a weekend or holiday and you have to go to city it definitely feels more of a factory but they are organized and it moves quickly even though you may be overwhelmed by the amount of women in the waiting room. ... Everyone associated with Dr. Elias and Cornell are amazing. They all care about their patients and will jump through hoops for you.
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Elias was responsible for our first miracle and we are currently trying for our second miracle. We first went to him in 2016 after failing to get pregnant and after miscarriage. After various testing we had unexplained infertility and he recommended a cycle being monitored on clomid with timed intercourse based on ultrasound monitoring which we did and did not work. That was followed by clomid cycles for IUI which did not work either and although Dr Elias recommended one more IUI we opted for IVF as our insurance didn’t cover either so we opted for more of a sure thing. We were pregnant with our son after 1 IVF cycle using fresh embryos. Unfortunately we did not have any left to freeze but we were over the moon with our little boy.
Don’t give up hope. Dr. Elias will do whatever he can to help you.
Dr. Elias is simply the best dr. He is really compassionate and always recommends the route he feels is best without pushing you. He gives you the facts and is patient about any and all questions you may have. He is always available and always gets back to you either directly or through one of his great staff.
My protocol for IVF started with estrogen patch and on day 2 injections of 225 Gonal F with 150 menopur with adding cetrotide half way through. He retrieved 12 or 13 eggs and 7 or 8 were mature and fertilized via ICSI. We transferred 3, none were viable enough to freeze and we were pregnant! 2 years later we went back for #2 with exact same protocol, one left to freeze which unfortunately ended up in a miscarriage at 7.5 weeks. We will be continuing to try with Dr Elias when he says we can!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Jane and Lisa)
Everyone associated with Dr. Elias and Cornell are amazing. They all care about their patients and will jump through hoops for you. Dr. Elias will check in with you over the weekend, you always get a call back from him or anyone ranging from Jessica in the office to JoAnne one of the nurses in Mt Kisco to Jane And Lisa in the city. All are amazing and sensitive to whatever the situation.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I was lucky enough to do most of my monitoring with Dr Elias himself in Mt Kisco. In the event it’s over a weekend or holiday and you have to go to city it definitely feels more of a factory but they are organized and it moves quickly even though you may be overwhelmed by the amount of women in the waiting room. Same with retrieval and transfer day all done in city .. but again very organized and systematic. But that makes it less personal I’m sure for any city patient but dr Elias mt. Kisco location is really the best
Easy Some days you waited longer than others but dr Elias and team always did their best to keep it moving.
10,500 initial Approx 5,000 on meds 1500 - 2000 approx for facility fee/anesthesia 3,000 for ICSI and frozen embryo
Both time Dr. Elias opted to transfer 3. I took his advice both times.
Westchester

Dr. Elias did my retrieval even though he wasn't scheduled to do so (he was on call in the office) which I really appreciated...I ended up having 8 eggs, which was much higher than either of us expected. We had also expected to need to do a day 3 transfer, but we were able to do a day 5 transfer of a fresh embryo and then freeze the remaining 3. Unfortunately, the transfer was not successful. We plan on trying a frozen transfer with the remaining embryos and are hopeful we will have success in the coming months. I really like Dr. Elias - I find him to be very statistics focused, and he is well-read about all of the current research. My only complaint is that sometimes I find him a bit hard to understand as he has a bit of an accent and speaks quickly. However, that has not impacted my care in any way. I highly
The monitoring [at Weill Cornell Medical College] on the UES felt much more "factory-like", however, I never had to wait all that long...If I was going in for monitoring at Mt. Kisco, I would get there about 30-45 minutes before they opened so that I could swipe in as early as possible...Lisa [nurse] has been great to work with, and is very responsive to emails and calls. I saw her once at my initial meeting and then during weekend monitoring, I ran into her in the blood work room. She remembered me and was very sweet. She was also incredibly sweet when she called to tell me I was not pregnant - I imagine a very difficult call to have to make. I also interacted a lot with Jessica and Joanne at the Mt. Kisco office and they are both lovely.
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Elias diagnosed me very easily with the HSG test and found a hydrosalpinx in my right fallopian tube (where I had my ovary removed 15 years ago). He did the surgery to remove that tube and ended up removing the left tube as well, as it was also diseased and he did not want it to cause another miscarriage (I had one a year ago, likely due to the blocked tube). He did an excellent job on my surgery - I had laparoscopic surgery years ago to remove my ovary due to a dermoid cyst, and my recovery was MUCH worse then. I had very little pain and healed quickly after the surgery. We started IVF the next month. Dr. Elias did my retrieval even though he wasn't scheduled to do so (he was on call in the office) which I really appreciated. There was a possibility I was going to need to have a trans-abdominal retrieval and he wanted to be the one to do it. Thankfully, that did not happen and I ended up having 8 eggs, which was much higher than either of us expected. We had also expected to need to do a day 3 transfer, but we were able to do a day 5 transfer of a fresh embryo and then freeze the remaining 3. Unfortunately, the transfer was not successful. We plan on trying a frozen transfer with the remaining embryos and are hopeful we will have success in the coming months. I really like Dr. Elias - I find him to be very statistics focused, and he is well-read about all of the current research. My only complaint is that sometimes I find him a bit hard to understand as he has a bit of an accent and speaks quickly. However, that has not impacted my care in any way. I highly recommend him!
I did not realize that I would need to go to the Upper East Side office so often - you have to go there for all procedures, classes and weekend monitoring. I moved to Westchester a few months ago and figured that everything would be in Westchester in the Mt. Kisco office, but that was not correct. That being said, I like having access to the Cornell team but able to see Dr. Elias in the Mt. Kisco office which is smaller and less intimidating and factory-like than the UES office.
Dr. Elias knew me and my situation and I never felt like a number. His staff in Mt Kisco also knew me and they were all very kind and helpful.
I used 225 UI of Follistim and 150 of Menopur and then added in Ganirelix towards the end of my stim cycle. I was given Lupron and HCG as my trigger and then I opted to use Crinone instead of Progesterone in Oil after my transfer, as I was very anxious about additional shots.
Lisa has been great to work with, and is very responsive to emails and calls. I saw her once at my initial meeting and then during weekend monitoring, I ran into her in the blood work room. She remembered me and was very sweet. She was also incredibly sweet when she called to tell me I was not pregnant - I imagine a very difficult call to have to make. I also interacted a lot with Jessica and Joanne at the Mt. Kisco office and they are both lovely.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I really like going to the Mt. Kisco office because it doesn't feel like a factory, in contrast with the UES office. I also really like that I saw Dr. Elias every time I was there, as I know many others who did not have that experience of seeing their specific doctor. My only complaint was that I didn't realize I would have to go to the UES office so much - and the parking there is super expensive, and the drive can be challenging.
If I was going in for monitoring at Mt. Kisco, I would get there about 30-45 minutes before they opened so that I could swipe in as early as possible. I work at a school and I'm supposed to be in at 8:15, so I needed to go in early; however, on a day when I didn't have to work I went in later and the wait was not bad at all. So if I had more flexibility, I wouldn't have to have gotten there so early. The monitoring on the UES felt much more "factory-like", however, I never had to wait all that long there either.
I did not have insurance coverage. The IVF cycle cost $10500, my medications ended up costing $5900, the freezing of our embryos cost $1000 and we paid about $1000 for a sounding test and for sperm analysis.
We opted to transfer one embryo as we were very concerned about having twins. We may eventually try two in our frozen transfers, but wanted to be conservative initially.
2012 - 2017, Successful
Investment Banker
[Dr. Elias] helped me have my first child at the age of 42 with my own eggs- my chances then were just about 5%.He was very attentive and explained everything about the procedure... He PERSONALLY came an did the transfer and the retrieval of the eggs. I have a history of Fibroids and myomectomies so he thought we might need to do an abdominal retrieval.
Lisa [nurse at Weill Cornell] is a riot!! She made the process so easy. She was organized and a pleasure to work with...Cornell is like a factory! That did not bother me at all...The doctors and nurses are simply amazing. Don't be overwhelmed or intimidated by the set-up there... I did acupuncture for many months also which helped me with the stress reduction during the process.
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Fertility Medicine is a calling to Dr. Elias. It is evident in the time he takes to CAREFULLY and RESPECTIVELY explain your course of treatments. My first IVF with resulted in a live birth of a health baby girl. He PERSONALLY came an did the transfer and the retrieval of the eggs. I have a history of Fibroids and myomectomies so he thought we might need to do an abdominal retrieval. My second IVF with him was unsuccesful - but in all fairness I was almost 45 at the time trying to go with my own eggs. In my heart, I knew my changes were low, but I still wanted to try. He did not discourage me at all - he said my uterus was totally fine. In the second IVF, we did an abdominal retrieval and got just 3 eggs and transfered 3 embryos. Sadly, I did not get pregnant, but I cannot complain too much, because Dr Elias helped me have my first child at the age of 42 with my own eggs- my chances then were just about 5%. I have referred 2 of my friends to him and they all have families of their own too. I will remain eternally grateful to him and will continue to refer patients to him!
Sometimes he speaks fast, but all you need to do is ask him to repeat himself, which he is happy to do!
He was very attentive and explained everything about the procedure. I felt he was VERY vested in getting us pregnant!
I know I used A LOT of drugs! I think I was taking like 450 units of Follistim daily, and 150 menopur daily and I stimulated for 10 days each time. But I am older, so maybe needed more drugs. Either way, it worked the first time at age 41/42. So I guess he knew what he was doing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Lisa Artura)
Lisa is a riot!! She made the process so easy. She was organized and a pleasure to work with. My first IVF worked and the 2nd failed. She was so sad when she called to give me the news about the failed IVF. She and Dr. Elias make a great team.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Cornell is like a factory! That did not bother me at all - my focus was on getting RESULTS! In the results department, they are excellent. The doctors and nurses are simply amazing. Don't be overwhelmed or intimidated by the set-up there. Just focus on why you are there and don't be a stress freak - it is not even good for your chances. I did acupuncture for many months also which helped me with the stress reduction during the process.
Insurance covered most of my costs including my drugs.
We transferred 2 or 3 embryos each time. That was what I had anyone, so there was nothing to freeze.
Westchester

Dr. Elias has a very good bedside manner. He always checked in, followed up and did his best to be at and do my transfers himself.... He is very smart, well researched and overall, a good doctor. However, I think my case was just out of his scope and he, nor anyone else at Cornell, was willing to think outside of the box.... He was definitely in favor of eSET because of potential complications with carrying multiples. However, he was much more open to transferring two blasts when the first 2 eSET failed.
The lab at Cornell is exceptional. That was one of the draws for me to go there in the first place. However, it is a huge institution and morning monitoring in the city is like a giant, awkward cattle call.... The nursing staff seemed pretty good in the main NYC office. However, the staff at the Westchester office is terrible! So much so that one of the times I had called for just rescheduling an appointment, one of the two staff members there pretended to be the other. Extremely unprofessional
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I really like Dr. Elias. He is very smart, well researched and overall, a good doctor. However, I think my case was just out of his scope and he, nor anyone else at Cornell, was willing to think outside of the box.
Is you are a very clear cut case, he will be a great doctor for you. If you consider yourself more of a challenge especially in the unknown category, then I would recommend venturing elsewhere.
IVF with single embryo transfer followed by multiple frozen transfers. While my egg retrieval was very successful with multiple good quality blasts, all transfers failed.
The nursing staff seemed pretty good in the main NYC office. However, the staff at the Westchester office is terrible! So much so that one of the times I had called for just rescheduling an appointment, one of the two staff members there pretended to be the other. Extremely unprofessional (I also work in healthcare).
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
At the Westchester office, it was pretty straight forward. There were monitoring hours and you would wait in a first come first basis. It was never very busy. This is definitely not the same for the main office in NYC.
My insurance covered everything.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College.
I really did not care for the staff in the Westchester office. Dr. Elias is a friendly, personable and successful doctor who deserves people that his patients will feel comfortable with.

2013, Successful
Dr. Elias has a wonderful bedside manner. He is kind, patient and is invested in his patients care and success...However, because he is just one doctor out of a group of amazing doctors, I did see other doctors as well. Dr. Elias did not do my transfer or my retrieval. If seeing the same doctor regularly and for the majority of the procedures is important to a patient, perhaps a smaller practice would be more appropriate.
Dr. Elias is one doctor of a group of doctors at Weill-Cornell at NY Presbyterian Medical Center. He was my main doctor and responsible for my care. However, because he is just one doctor out of a group of amazing doctors, I did see other doctors as well. Dr. Elias did not do my transfer or my retrieval. Because Weill-Cornell is such a huge hospital with a big fertility center, I didn't spend too much time actually speaking to Siobhan. However, whenever I did have a question about something or when the team needed to be in contact with me, it was always seamless. I never had any issue.
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Elias was always a pleasure to see. He was always kind and patient when I had a lot of questions. He called me after hours when he needed to tell me important information related to my care. Dr. Elias has a wonderful bedside manner.
Dr. Elias is one doctor of a group of doctors at Weill-Cornell at NY Presbyterian Medical Center. He was my main doctor and responsible for my care. However, because he is just one doctor out of a group of amazing doctors, I did see other doctors as well. Dr. Elias did not do my transfer or my retrieval. If seeing the same doctor regularly and for the majority of the procedures is important to a patient, perhaps a smaller practice would be more appropriate.
Dr. Elias has a wonderful bedside manner. He is kind, patient and is invested in his patients care and success. He is very knowledgeable about infertility, about his patients needs and explains things thoroughly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Siobhan)
I did most of my monitoring (generally Monday through Friday) in the Mt. Kisco (Westchester) office. They always started with blood work first. Because it is a smaller office, there is only one technician (or there was only one technician when I was there in the summer-fall 2013). There would be a wait for blood work but it wasn't so bad. If I got there around 7:45am, a half hour before Dr. Elias even arrived, then I would be among the first to be seen. Dr. Elias is there Monday-Thursday for ultrasounds for those who need them (not for every monitoring appointment). He has an ultrasound technician there on Fridays to cover for him. On weekends and holidays, I had to travel to the upper east side of Manhattan to be seen in the main hospital. Of course that is quite busy because it is a NY hospital. It's kind of like a cattle call, but I accepted it as just something that goes along with being a patient at a top notch hospital!
That's the one thing I don't remember too well!

2017, Unknown Success
Clinic [Cornell] is huge...meaning billing department doesn't care about eating back to you and nursing staff seems like they are overwhelmed...I had to pay 450 for a mock transfer and 690 for an IUI...He [Dr. Rony Elias] seemed like the only doctor who wanted me to get pregnant. He took time to read my records, redid tests that were not conclusive, explained everything to me. He made suggestions and recommendations and ultimately let me make the decision...He would site info from my records and took time with me wasn't ever rushed...EStrogen priming protocol with low stims, estrogen priming with clomid
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
He seemed like the only doctor who wanted me to get pregnant. He took time to read my records, redid tests that were not conclusive, explained everything to me. He made suggestions and recommendations and ultimately let me make the decision.
Listen to him. Tell him what you want.
He would site info from my records and took time with me wasn't ever rushed
EStrogen priming protocol with low stims, estrogen priming with clomid
Large facility...hard to get in touch with ur nurse.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Clinic is huge...meaning billing department doesn't care about eating back to you and nursing staff seems like they are overwhelmed
I had to pay 450 for a mock transfer and 690 for an IUI.
Westchester
He [Dr. Rony Elias] recommended that I have an HSG (special X-ray) done. The radiologist said the report as normal however Dr. Elias disagreed. I went ahead with his recommendation to do a laparoscopy and sure enough my left Fallopian tube was blocked and needed to be removed. After failed IUIs I went through one round of IVF. I do one transfer which didn’t work and I have two eggs frozen. Last month I actually got pregnant on my own but unfortunately it was not a normal pregnancy. I am continuing treatment with Dr. Elias...answers all my questions and takes the time to explain things to me. He is kind and patient.
[Weill Cornell Medical College has a] Friendly office staff. Jessica helps me with scheduling and other important things like dealing with insurance. I wish monitoring hours started earlier. There is ample parking. Check in process is easy...Dr Elias answers all my questions and takes the time to explain things to me. He is kind and patient...The radiologist said the report as normal however Dr. Elias disagreed. I went ahead with his recommendation to do a laparoscopy and sure enough my left Fallopian tube was blocked and needed to be removed. After failed IUIs I went through one round of IVF. I do one transfer which didn’t work and I have two eggs frozen. Last month I actually got pregnant on my own but unfortunately it was not a normal pregnancy. I am continuing treatment with Dr. Elias.
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dealing with infertility has been a real struggle for me. One thing that helps me push forward is having complete confidence in Dr. Elias. He takes the time to listen and answer my questions. You can tell that he is knowledgeable and up to date with current research when speaking with him.
He talks fast but don’t be afraid to ask for clarification.
He recommended that I have an HSG (special X-ray) done. The radiologist said the report as normal however Dr. Elias disagreed. I went ahead with his recommendation to do a laparoscopy and sure enough my left Fallopian tube was blocked and needed to be removed. After failed IUIs I went through one round of IVF. I do one transfer which didn’t work and I have two eggs frozen. Last month I actually got pregnant on my own but unfortunately it was not a normal pregnancy. I am continuing treatment with Dr. Elias.
Westchester
[Protocol with Dr. Elias] I did three IUI cycles I believe with clomid. Another cycle just clomid and sex. After negative results I had to have a laparoscopy and my fallopian tube removed. Then IVF was suggested...Wasn't overly friendly but wasn't rude. Didn't feel totally neglected but not personalized experience... I didn't achieve the results I hoped for and when I switched clinics the next doctor was more thorough in a background analysis...
I did three IUI cycles I believe with clomid [at Weill Cornell Medical College]. Another cycle just clomid and sex. After negative results I had to have a laparoscopy and my fallopian tube removed. Then IVF was suggested and due to insurance reasons i had to switch practices...The phlebotomist was nice. The front desk person was rude on occasion and very impersonal to the point I actually left a comment in the suggestion box at the practice while still there...It had a parking lot so parking was easy. The doctor was good although I didnt achieve the results I hoped for and when I switched clinics the next doctor was more thorough in a background analysis. I would not recommend Weill Cornell to anyone. They were also affiliated with a hospital in manhattan so my procedure had to be there which was inconvenient
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
The doctor was nice but after going to my second and current fertility clinic I wouldn't go back to Dr. Elias or recommend him. Very uncomfortable practice. I don't have much else to say but need to hit 200 characters.
Not sure
I did three IUI cycles I believe with clomid. Another cycle just clomid and sex. After negative results I had to have a laparoscopy and my fallopian tube removed. Then IVF was suggested and due to insurance reasons i had to switch practices.
About 1500 in copays I think and the surgery more
LGBTQ+
LGBTQ+
As me being the patient doctor kligman was very nice respectful and make sure I understand everything I needed to know. He explained that not every cycle would be same and everytime I come to his office I would only see him...He made me feel like a person that what I was doing or how is feel mattered...That go in with a open mind and he’s the best doctor I ever had for infertility
The clinic environment [at Weill Cornell Medical College] is very welcoming love it and would tell anyone to go there. People at the main lobby greet you and make sure that you know where to go. I live the fact the have refreshments and it’s very private area...They [nurses] were very professional
How was your experience with Isaac Kligman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Isaac Kligman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
That go in with a open mind and he’s the best doctor I ever had for infertility
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Isaac Kligman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
He made me feel like a person that what I was doing or how is feel mattered
They were very professional
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The clinic environment is very welcoming love it and would tell anyone to go there. People at the main lobby greet you and make sure that you know where to go. I live the fact the have refreshments and it’s very private area
Describe the costs associated with your care under Isaac Kligman at Weill Cornell Medical College.
$35 dollar with my insurance
Isaac Kligman

2023, Unknown Success
The [Weill Cornell Medical College] doctors were all excellent as were the nurses in both the city and Westchester...I was impressed with the prior authorization team -- they processed all the requests very quickly with minimal intervention from me and dealt directly with my insurance. I had to jump in a couple times, but it was nowhere as bad as I expected it to be. You will have to leave messages and monitor your phone like a hawk so as not to miss incoming calls from the nurses, billing, etc., but the system operates very well.
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Elias does not overpromise and is very pragmatic about what is the art of the possible. He is up to date on the latest treatments and offers well reasoned and practical assessments about how those options do or do not make sense given each individual's circumstances. I appreciated that he did not try to upsell us on ICSI or PGT testing, though we ultimately decided to proceed with both out of pocket. From a human perspective, Elias clearly understands how difficult this process can be and makes it as manageable as possible. I appreciated that he always told me what to expect, explained why he recommended a particular course of action, and when I asked or pressed on an issue, was happy to run that extra test or make an adjustment. My only quibble is that sometimes Elias is far too optimistic. The stats are what they are but a coin flip is still a coin flip and sometimes the statistics don't accurately represent an individual's true probabilities. That said, it makes sense that given his line of work, Elias is perhaps more upbeat/optimistic than the average person.
Be prepared with questions and don't be shy about asking for an extra minute or two. Elias has a heavy case load but pays careful attention to each patient and will take the extra time to answer questions.
I suffered a miscarriage after a fresh transfer. Elias was very empathetic, recognizing that I might need some time to process before moving on to the next cycle. He also reiterated several times it wasn't my fault, which I knew but it was obviously comforting to hear. At other points during my treatment, I took time off for other reasons -- work travel, insurance, etc. -- and he was always very understanding and ready to jump back in to treatment when I was ready. When I started, I was very reluctant to do IVF. Elias met me where I was mentally, physically and emotionally and did not push or pressure me to do more than I was comfortable with. He does incrementally provide more information and options in a way that is not overwhelming. The process is necessarily fraught but he and his team make it tolerable.
I had three medicated IUI cycles (2x clomid, 1 letrozole, with a trigger shot for each). All unsuccessful. To date, I have had one IVF cycle -- 10-11 days of stimulation (follistim and menopur), followed by 4 days of antagonist dosing, and then dual lupron/HCG trigger. We started with IUIs given my age and prior ability to conceive naturally. We moved to IVF after three cycles and undertook what I believe is the standard Weill course, which apparently worked relatively well for me, despite a very low AMH. I elected into ICSI and PGT to maximize my chances. Elias didn't think either was absolutely necessary, but I am glad that I did and hopefully won't have to experience another retrieval cycle.
Jane is excellent -- she is always at the top of her game. She made scheduling seamless and she (along with Lindsay) always provided very clear instructions around dosing. I was a total newbie so appreciated the extra care they took to provide resources. Whenever I had questions, I left a message and knew that someone from the nursing staff, usually Jane, would coordinate with Elias and circle back to me with a response. Following a positive pregnancy test, I had some unexpected spotting that worsened, and Jane was very responsive and immediately scheduled me for a next day visit.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Weill has the best RE team and unparalleled embryologists. The hospital's record speaks for itself. With its extreme success, comes of course, a very heavy patient load. The office is often very crowded and busy in NYC, and runs with 45-60 minute delays. The Westchester location is smaller and runs more efficiently. Even with the in person delays, I found that the clinic is well operated and runs smoothly. I was impressed with the prior authorization team -- they processed all the requests very quickly with minimal intervention from me and dealt directly with my insurance. I had to jump in a couple times, but it was nowhere as bad as I expected it to be. You will have to leave messages and monitor your phone like a hawk so as not to miss incoming calls from the nurses, billing, etc., but the system operates very well.
Definitely a cattle call, worse in the city. The doctors were all excellent as were the nurses in both the city and Westchester. I appreciated that Elias and his team were very receptive to scheduling me in either location depending on what my personal schedule was on a given day and they even accommodated switches a couple times.
It is expensive, likely north of $1000 for each IUI cycle (without including the individual appointments leading up to it) and $25000 for the transfer and retrieval. The PGT and ICSI are separate additional costs.
Elias takes a conservative approach, largely based off a patient's age. I am 34 so it was pretty clear we would transfer only a single embryo.

2022 - 2023, Unknown Success
The [Weill Cornell Medical College] clinic is clean and organized and the staff is friendly and welcoming. It runs like a well-oiled machine, and I was often in and out in a matter of minutes. Very rarely, they would run behind...If you do have questions, they will take their time to answer them and ensure you have everything you need. When you first meet with Dr. Elias, you will receive a list of all the important contacts for this process, from the nursing team, to counselors, to the billing department.
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Elias is compassionate and caring. He is very welcoming, friendly and trustworthy, making you feel comfortable at every visit. He does an excellent job explaining everything that is happening, whether it is the procedure he is about to perform, what you’re seeing with the ultrasound, or what is going on with your body and cycle. He always fully explained test results and what that meant for my treatment. He is clearly very intelligent and on top of new innovations in reproductive health, which adds to his trustworthiness. He is always happy to answer questions and alleviate any concerns you may have. If I ever had a question or concern for him while at home, I would email his nursing team, and he would call me directly to discuss. I always felt that he would ensure I knew what my options were and any risks involved, and what he recommended, but allowed me to make the final decision (which for me was always to follow his recommendations). He always made me feel like he was on my team and seemed just as invested in helping me get pregnant as I was in becoming a mom.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions as he is more than happy to answer them. He can’t read minds, so it is important for you to share everything going on with you and any concerns you may have. This will ensure he has everything he needs to treat you and meet your needs. Help him help you.
Dr. Elias and his team treated me with compassion and kindness. I felt like I had a whole team of people behind me, rooting me on, who were just as invested and dedicated to helping me reach my goal of becoming a mom. Dr. Elias was always so welcoming and friendly, and made sure he was always aware of what was going on with me. Anything shared with a nurse was always shared back with Dr. Elias, ensuring he was aware of any concerns I had, and that he was on top of everything going on with me. I felt he always took action to ease my anxiety, and ensure I understood and was comfortable with any course of action we were taking.
My cycle is irregular, so we used Lupron to take control of it and prevent early ovulation. This was incredibly helpful as it meant we could decide when the best day was for the transfer. It alleviated all stress, made the cycle very smooth, and the transfer a success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay and Jane)
Lindsay and Jane are fantastic. They are incredibly friendly and welcoming and so invested in your success. No matter which one I was speaking with, they were always willing to listen, answer questions, and alleviate any concerns I had. They were both so informative and made sure to explain all blood test results and procedures for medications in detail, as well as any next steps. If I ever emailed them, they would respond so quickly and always made sure to share anything I spoke with them about with Dr. Elias. I was always so impressed by their knowledge and how aware they were with everything going on with me. They definitely are on your team, rooting for you, and just as excited when you have a positive pregnancy test. They are both so compassionate and caring and make you feel like the only patient they are dealing with.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The clinic is clean and organized and the staff is friendly and welcoming. It runs like a well-oiled machine, and I was often in and out in a matter of minutes. Very rarely, they would run behind. This was due to people cycling or some other important reason, and they always tried to accommodate patients so they wouldn’t have to go to the city on the weekend if it was inconvenient. Have patience and understanding, as this could be you that they are squeezing in, and it is rare that they run behind. If you do have questions, they will take their time to answer them and ensure you have everything you need. When you first meet with Dr. Elias, you will receive a list of all the important contacts for this process, from the nursing team, to counselors, to the billing department. This list should be your bible so you know who is best placed to answer your questions. Keep it handy. Sherma, the nurse in Mount Kisco, is just as great as Jane and Lindsay (who are in the city). She is friendly and compassionate and on your team. Roseanna, the receptionist, is friendly and so organized. She is right on top of what is going on with each patient, and makes sure you have what you need and that you have all your paperwork in for your cycle. If you are ever unsure of what appointments you need, just ask Roseanna. She will get you what you need. She is just as invested in your success as the rest of the team.
My insurance does not cover IVF, so the cycle fees were paid out of pocket (roughly $25k for retrieval and transfer, $5k for just the transfer). I was anticipating this and am fortunate to be able to afford it. My insurance did cover a lot of the pre-cycle bloodwork and ultrasounds, and any testing (sounding and HSG), as well as most of the medications, although those specifically for IVF weren’t covered (roughly $4k). I would recommend making yourself familiar with the billing team, and ask them any questions you have about insurance and costs, including what amounts you can expect to pay and when. I believe during the IVF class, they also shared a link for organizations that provide financial support for IVF. If your insurance doesn’t cover IVF, I would highly recommend checking these organizations out as soon as you decide to seek treatment for IVF.
As my reasons for undergoing IVF were less about egg quality or my fertility, Dr. Elias recommended we only transfer one embryo. He ultimately left it up to me, and I followed his recommendations. We had tested the embryos and knew they were of good quality, and I did not feel that a single embryo transfer diminished my chance of becoming pregnant. I also wasn’t interested in having twins and didn’t want that risk.

2018 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Elias oversaw my fertility treatment from 2018-2020...The whole time, I felt that Dr. Elias wanted me to be successful. He is professional and caring. He was happy to answer my questions...Prepare a list of questions in advance. He is efficient!...He highly recommended eSET...Please note that your egg retrieval and embryo transfers will likely not be done by the attending monitoring you.
Weill Cornell has a legacy of research, knowledge and expertise. They have so many patients so tons of experience to draw upon. I believe this is common knowledge and why Cornell has so many patients. Appointments are generally not on time...Jane, who was the nurse who typically called me with my results daily, was also very friendly and caring...re-covid, it was a cattle-call, first-come, first-serve. During Covid, we were given appointment times, but were not typically seen on-time.
How was your experience with Rony Elias at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Prepare a list of questions in advance. He is efficient!
Dr. Elias oversaw my fertility treatment from 2018-2020. During this process, I endured a failed IUI, failed fresh transfer (after IVF), a polypectomy, two ectopic pregnancies (one of which resulted in a salpingectomy) and finally a successful frozen embryo transfer that has resulted in my first pregnancy. To state that this was an arduous process is an understatement. The whole time, I felt that Dr. Elias wanted me to be successful. He is professional and caring. He was happy to answer my questions. At the end of day, the fertility journey is unpredictable and, and what kept me going was my determination and trust in Weill Cornell and Dr. Elias' expertise. Jessica and Sherma are the two main staff in the Mt. Kisco office. Both are extremely caring and were compassionate towards what I was dealing with. They made me feel as though I was in their thoughts, which I appreciate. Jane, who was the nurse who typically called me with my results daily, was also very friendly and caring. I am grateful to Cornell, Dr. Elias and these three key team members for their support. Please note that your egg retrieval and embryo transfers will likely not be done by the attending monitoring you. I was also seen by Dr. Chung, Dr. Spandorfer and Dr. Schattman, who were also very professional and courteous.
Jane, who was the nurse who typically called me with my results daily, was also very friendly and caring. I am grateful for her support! However, there was one nurse that didn't communicate as well with me. She used a lot of exclamation marks in emails to me when communicating serious medical matters and seemed rushed on the phone, that I found a little questionable (just not the right tone given the nature of the information being discussed). I don't believe she was this way towards me intentionally, but she certainly did not realize how she was coming across and the fact that her tone and email style were inappropriate.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Weill Cornell has a legacy of research, knowledge and expertise. They have so many patients so tons of experience to draw upon. I believe this is common knowledge and why Cornell has so many patients. Appointments are generally not on time. If I was booked for the first slot, I was usually seen within 15 minutes (which was manageable) but if I was booked after the first slot, the wait was usually around 30 minutes. It was also unfortunate that Cornell issued a policy during Covid that forbade spouses/partners/a single companion from accompanying the patient to their appointments. It would have been nice to have my partner by my side during my anxiety-ridden appointments (ultrasound to confirm pregnancy progress, for example). As a point of reference, I am also a healthcare professional who owns a healthcare practice, and we make it a point to practice social distancing but we at least allow one parent/spouse/partner/companion to wait in our waiting area for support. We do take temperatures and screen the patient and the companion when they come to our office. We also require masks. I wonder why Cornell would not feel comfortable doing this?
Pre-covid, it was a cattle-call, first-come, first-serve. During Covid, we were given appointment times, but were not typically seen on-time.
Insurance covered 10K per year. Our out of pocket for treatments were probably around 5K
He highly recommended eSET