LGBTQ+ Care
LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

Good

Macomb
15959 Hall Road
Macomb, MI 48044

2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Hammoud was very straightforward and laid out our options. We have severe male factor infertility and a genetic issue and he was very realistic about our chances using other assisted reproductive techniques, so he said the best chance he could give us was IVF and he was quite optimistic for us. Having a plan right away and being able to take action quickly was exactly what we were looking for!
The clinic [IVF Michigan] is not super busy and it's easy to get an appointment. The staff is lovely. The only issue sometimes is finding a parking spot... I'm using gonal-F 150u daily and menopur 150u daily, then toward the end adding cetrotide 0.25 daily, with novarel trigger 10,000 units....With our cycle, including ICSI and PGS it was about $19k. Medications were an additional $3.5k
How was your experience with Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Meet him and get started right away! We had lab work and an ultrasound right away and he was totally on board wth our wishes.
Describe the protocols Ahmad Hammoud used in your cycles at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers and their degree of success.
We are still in the very early stages, but I'm using gonal-F 150u daily and menopur 150u daily, then toward the end adding cetrotide 0.25 daily, with novarel trigger 10,000 units
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
The nursing staff is excellent! They answer all questions very promptly and are always available
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
The clinic is not super busy and it's easy to get an appointment. The staff is lovely. The only issue sometimes is finding a parking spot
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
Describe Ahmad Hammoud's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
Based on my age, hormone levels and our PGS Dr Hammoud will be using single embryo transfer
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Dr. Hammoud was a fantastic doctor and he treated me well. He was willing to try any and all procedures that I wished to try. He gave realistic expectations for the outcome of each procedure. I was pregnant within seven months of seeing him.... I had three IUIs medicated with Menopur. The were unsuccessful. Due to undetectable AMH we moved straight to donor eggs from there. Since I had only been producing one follicle with each IUI. The IVF cycle with donor eggs worked. Two fresh embryos were transferred and I had twins.
There was a long wait time some days but when you are with the care team, you are treated as an individual and not just a number. When you have good results, everyone is happy. When things don’t go well, the staff [IVF Michigan] empathizes with you.... Nursing staff performed well with a lot of patients. I had to catch ovulation a few times on OPKs but they got me in for labs, etc when needed.... I believe our fresh cycle with donor eggs was $14,000. IUIs were only $500.
See him!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Dr. Hammoud was very kind and willing to try whatever treatments we wished for while giving us realistic expectations about the outcome.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
There was a long wait time some days but when you are with the care team, you are treated as an individual and not just a number. When you have good results, everyone is happy. When things don’t go well, the staff empathizes with you.
I believe our fresh cycle with donor eggs was $14,000. IUIs were only $500.
Sylvania
He [Dr. Hammoud] was compassionate and caring . ... Even after my chemical pregnancy he was supportive in finding out the cause of the chemical pregnancy. ... .He knows what he is doing and does it well . ... I really like how he was determined in getting me a healthy pregnancy. ... 2 embryos transferred ... He made us feel confident every step of the way. ... Dr. Hammoud is the best choice out there
I wish they were open earlier so you could seek treatment without having to tell your employer.I liked how they were close to home and had other offices across Michigan so you could travel during the summer and not worry about blood draws . ... She [nurse] was caring and supportive. ... I would get follow up calls from the nurses ... 2 embryos transferred
How was your experience with Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
He was compassionate and caring . He made us feel confident every step of the way.Even after my chemical pregnancy he was supportive in finding out the cause of the chemical pregnancy. I really like how he was determined in getting me a healthy pregnancy.
Don’t give up and Dr. Hammoud is the best choice out there . He is simply the best .He knows what he is doing and does it well .
He never gave up on us and I would get follow up calls from the nurses .
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Amy )
She was caring and supportive.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
It was 17k for 1 egg retrieval and 2 frozen egg transfers.
2 embryos transferred
Dearborn

I feel like he [Dr. Ahmad Hammoud] gave me expectations that weren't realistic and then when said he would help me with more affordability he came back with numbers higher than I was told before. Was told I wasn't owed anything even though I got a low amount of eggs from the donor and none left to freeze...I felt they cared but was told they didn't owe me anything after paying over 30k giving me two embryos ending in a miscarriage
How was your experience with Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
I feel like he gave me expectations that weren't realistic and then when said he would help me with more affordability he came back with numbers higher than I was told before. Was told I wasn't owed anything even though I got a low amount of eggs from the donor and none left to freeze.
Be aware realistically of expectations.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Beverly )
They were all very nice to me
Over 30k
What specific things went wrong at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
Semen analysis. We were never told sperm count was 0. They were freezing unusable samples

2015, Unsuccessful
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
We saw the doctor [Dr. Ahmad Hammoud] a week later and he nonchalantly said you should use donor eggs. I think your eggs are not good. He then handed us a book of 5 women, none that even looked like me and said it doesn't matter if the child looks like you. We left and never went back
The receptionist/ billing [at IVF Michigan] is rude. We had our egg retrieval which was 3 mature eggs. No one called or updated us during the 5 day embryo growth days. The day of transfer, we made the trek to office. They had me put on the gown similar assumed my babies were strong. They came in and said, " none of your embryos made it" It was devastating.
The receptionist/ billing is rude. We had our egg retrieval which was 3 mature eggs. No one called or updated us during the 5 day embryo growth days. The day of transfer, we made the trek to office. They had me put on the gown similar assumed my babies were strong. They came in and said, " none of your embryos made it" It was devastating. We saw the doctor a week later and he nonchalantly said you should use donor eggs. I think your eggs are not good. He then handed us a book of 5 women, none that even looked like me and said it doesn't matter if the child looks like you. We left and never went back
2013 - 2014, Successful
I felt like I was going to see old friends.
How was your experience with Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
He was very understanding, knew his job, was very knowledgeable and caring. He never gave me false hope. He was completely honest with me all the time. He was willing to do what ever I wanted to proceed. He got me pregnant!
Do your own research so you are knowledgeable, and ask lots of questions.
I felt like I was going to see old friends. He really cares about his patients.
They were very personable.
Dearborn

He [Dr. Ahmad Hammoud] presented options and said "choose." Now, I understand that it's all the patients responsibility, but we didn't really know what they meant. We asked him to recommend based on our situation and test results. He said "you have to make the decision."... He did not adjust anything throughout the cycle, even though the ultrasound tech said they weren't getting what they wanted...He said he would only do one embryo transfer.
The front desk and financial person [at IVF Michigan] were not very friendly. Leaving a message on the nurse's line (we did not have a contact person) might get a call back on the same day...Nurses were great except we did receive different answers to the same question sometimes because we did not have a dedicated nurse...The ultrasound tech I had usually was very friendly, and described what she was seeing. She was conversational and friendly, and made me feel at ease.
How was your experience with Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
We were very new to the topic, and new almost nothing. Even with research, you don't know these things until you are there. He presented options and said "choose." Now, I understand that it's all the patients responsibility, but we didn't really know what they meant. We asked him to recommend based on our situation and test results. He said "you have to make the decision."
Pros and cons of each procedure and comparisons of options.
The front desk and financial person were not very friendly. Leaving a message on the nurse's line (we did not have a contact person) might get a call back on the same day. On our first visit, we did not know we would have to pay, so we asked if we could be billed. They don't do that. We said ok we will go to the ATM. She kept insisting that we come immediately back, but they were going to be closed for lunch. And we should just wait, and that we couldn't just come the next day. We went the next day anyway. The world did not end.
Estrogen priming, Gonal-F, Menopur, and Im sorry I can't remember the rest. He did not adjust anything throughout the cycle, even though the ultrasound tech said they weren't getting what they wanted.
Nurses were great except we did receive different answers to the same question sometimes because we did not have a dedicated nurse. They were always good about answering emails.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
Lack of communication. Financial department is absolutely horrible and stressful. I have been told I should have gotten more than the one egg they retrieved, based on my numbers. Dr. Hammoud does have a very high success rate, and Im sure anyone who was successful wouldn't have a bad word to say, but it was very stressful at IVF Michigan.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
The ultrasound tech I had usually was very friendly, and described what she was seeing. She was conversational and friendly, and made me feel at ease. The one I had just once told me nothing and I felt a little bit lost. I asked questions and she kind of answered, but she was short. Her ultrasound went a lot quicker and less exploratory.
High end of anything I looked up online.
He said he would only do one embryo transfer. He did two for my sister-in-law, but only because she had a uterus that embryos had a hard time sticking to. It worked because she ended up with twins.
What specific things went wrong at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
My trigger shot had different instructions on the box than what my nurse told me when they called. I only knew this at 7pm at night when I went to use it, per instructions. I had no idea what to do, and they had never told me that they had a 24-hour nurse line that I could have called. Kind of important information.
Bloomfield Hills

The doctor [Dr. Ahmad Hammoud] recommend a single embryo transfer And PGD -A test...My experience with Dr. Hammond and the staff was absolutely great. He explain with details all the information about our process and set clear expectations since day first. As a result, I got pregnant with twins during my first IVF cicle...
Friendly and professional nursing staff [at IVF Michigan], they made the process easier.The nurse staff really care about you, the used to call the patients and provided relevant information at the right moment...The entire process cost about $22K + medications...Overall a very good clinic, some of the procedure are only done at the main facility. The billing department works with the patient and makes the process easier. The clinic at Dearborn is very organize and everything works very efficiently for the patients.
How was your experience with Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Ask questions and make sure you understand the process and the possible outcome.
I feel the entirety team really care about the patients. They work with you in every step during the process and made sure you understand the instructions and fallow the doctor advises.
Friendly and professional nursing staff, they made the process easier.The nurse staff really care about you, the used to call the patients and provided relevant information at the right moment.
The entire process cost about $22K + medications
The doctor recommend a single embryo transfer And PGD -A test.
Dearborn

Dr. Hammoud is very kind and understanding. Listens to all of my questions and answers them honestly, no matter how silly they are. He is always asking how I feel about everything and is very supportive. ... 2 IUIs, one egg retrieval, 2 frozen transfers. Will be starting the whole process again as I had 2 miscarriages from the frozen transfers and I have no more embryos
The nurses and staff and great at communicating and will always call you back if you have questions. There has never been a time that I have reached out and haven’t gotten the answer I needed in a short time ... I go to the Macomb Clinic for IVF of Michigan with Dr. Hammoud, they have always treated me so well. Getting to know me as a person over the last year and genuinely caring about my well being
How was your experience with Ahmad Hammoud at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Be as calm as possible throughout this process and ask any questions you want, he will always answer them
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Deanna)
The nursing staff at Macomb IVF of Michigan office is top notch! Compassionate throughout my journey and miscarriages. Make you feel like you are their friend rather than just a patient. Amazing experience
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
Last year was about 30,000 with 2 IUIs, one egg retrieval, 2 frozen transfers. Will be starting the whole process again as I had 2 miscarriages from the frozen transfers and I have no more embryos
Macomb