5.8
5.8

LGBTQ+ Care
LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

New York Medical College
Yale
Mount Sinai

Alan Copperman works in 1 office at

635 Madison Ave., 10th Floor

Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Dr. Copperman was very thorough and was sure to explain everything to us. He was also very candid as to what the possible results could be and all possible options we should keep in mind...He also did not give us false hope and never pushed for us to do something that he did not believe would work...believe in just a single embryo transfer...starts out less aggressive...For the second and third round of IVF, he changed some of the medication and dosage. I did have more eggs retrieved the second and third time.
The clinic [at RMA of New York] has a wonderful system of when you have to come in for monitoring. All procedures are done in the same facility. The office is very clean. The office runs very well and are quite organized. All staff is friendly and caring...I had multiple people on Dr. Copperman's staff that I could communicate with via email and phone and they were all very timely in their response
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Copperman was very thorough and was sure to explain everything to us. He was also very candid as to what the possible results could be and all possible options we should keep in mind. He has a very kind, sensitive but candid way about him. He also did not give us false hope and never pushed for us to do something that he did not believe would work.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
He is honest but very sensitive to your situation and wants to do what is best for the woman's health.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Copperman and his staff were extremely attentive to both me and my husband. When we met with him, we never felt rushed and he really took the time to explain things to us and answer our questions. After our initial consultation, we wanted to meet with Dr. Copperman again before starting IVF and he quickly made time for us. His staff was always quick to reply to us and always made time for us. We really felt supported by Dr. Copperman and his team and you could tell that they really wanted the best for us and were doing everything they could to help us.
Describe the protocols Alan Copperman used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
The first round of IVF, Dr. Copperman starts out less aggressive because one does not know how each woman will react to if you start too aggressive and that could actually cause further problems. For the second and third round of IVF, he changed some of the medication and dosage. I did have more eggs retrieved the second and third time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
I had multiple people on Dr. Copperman's staff that I could communicate with via email and phone and they were all very timely in their response. They were also very compassionate and sensitive.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic has a wonderful system of when you have to come in for monitoring. All procedures are done in the same facility. The office is very clean. The office runs very well and are quite organized. All staff is friendly and caring.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
RMA had designated morning monitoring hours each day of the week, every day except Christmas. Monitoring hours runs like a well-oiled machine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alan Copperman at RMA of New York.
I had three rounds of IVF, each round was around $10,000. My insurance covered one round so I paid over $20,000 for IVF. The fee for the anesthesiologist is a separate cost--I think $700 per procedure.
Describe Alan Copperman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Copperman and RMA believe in just a single embryo transfer because they put the health of the woman first. If they were to transfer multiple embryos there is more of a risk of becoming pregnant with multiples, which can cause harm to the woman's health.
NY - Eastside

He [Dr. Alan Copperman] is honest and caring. A genuine person. He cares about the mother and wants to ensure a heathy mom before a healthy baby...was at my every appointment and explained the next steps, risks, etc...I never felt over medicated, or over tested. I plan to go back if I decide to have another baby...I had two transfers with Dr Copperman. Both resulted in a pregnancy. My first pregnancy ended in a missed- miscarriage at 17weeks due to uterine fibroids. I of course was devastated, but Dr Cooperman was honest with me and told me that if we were to proceed I would need a myomectomy to remove the fibroids.
[RMA of New York was] Very organized, never much of a wait. Runs like clock work. Monitoring hours run smoothly and can handle quite a few patients at once. Calls with results usually take place before noon which is great...I yielded 12 eggs, 8 were mature, 5 made it to freeze and 4 were good...Jordyn and Samantha [nurses] were organized and responsive. At times I was over communicative via email but they put up with me and answered all of my questions and concerns.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
I had two transfers with Dr Copperman. Both resulted in a pregnancy. My first pregnancy ended in a missed- miscarriage at 17weeks due to uterine fibroids. I of course was devastated, but Dr Cooperman was honest with me and told me that if we were to proceed I would need a myomectomy to remove the fibroids. So I went ahead with the surgery, healed, and then we transferred the next embryo resulting in my son born October 2019. Dr Copperman was at my every appointment and explained the next steps, risks, etc. He was honest and genuine. I never felt over medicated, or over tested. I plan to go back if I decide to have another baby.
He is honest and caring. A genuine person. He cares about the mother and wants to ensure a heathy mom before a healthy baby.
Dr Copperman and his nurses Jordyn and Sam were so helpful during my treatment. They were so responsive and caring, I couldn’t have asked for better partners.
I don’t recall exactly as it has been almost two years since my retrieval. What I do recall is that I was not over stimulated or medicated. That it was just right. I yielded 12 eggs, 8 were mature, 5 made it to freeze and 4 were good.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jordyn Banks)
Jordyn and Samantha were organized and responsive. At times I was over communicative via email but they put up with me and answered all of my questions and concerns.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Dr Copperman was comfortable transferring one per transfer for me. Each transfer resulting in a pregnancy.

2014 - 2018, Successful
I had low AMH levels and was a low responder during my two egg freezing cycles. During my one IVF cycle [with Dr. Alan Copperman] where we retrieved fresh eggs, he used a micro flare protocol. I think they retrieved 5 eggs, 4 of which were mature and fertilized...only transfers one embryo at a time to minimize the chance of multiples...when I did need to ask Dr. Copperman questions or have him give me extra time and attention, he gave it to me upon asked, with wisdom, but also kindness and sincerity.
The staff who drew my blood [at RMA of New York] were almost all warm and skilled. Doctors who did ultrasounds were friendly and patient and would stop to answer any questions I had as needed...Sometimes it feels like a factory, but they get you through the process and are caring and compassionate, especially if you reach out for support. Advocate for yourself, ask as many questions as you can think of, try to stay ahead of what's coming up for you and make sure you have what you need (meds ordered in time, etc.).
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
Dr. Copperman brings all of his experience and expertise to helping you get what you want. Sometimes I had to ask him to be more forthcoming about his opinion, since the tendency can be to let you take charge, but he did this when asked, and ultimately helped me not waste time and get pregnant in less than 6 months! I felt especially attended to during my FET cycle and during the weekly visits with him after my positive pregnancy test. He confidently told me everything looked perfect as we went along. I felt reassured and like I was in great hands. By the end I was so comfortable, that it was hard to leave and switch to an OB.
Don't be afraid to advocate for yourself and ask for what you need, while trusting you are in expert hands.
Sometimes I felt like a number, when I wasn't sure if they were paying attention to my cycle and upcoming start dates and the needs attached to it (e.g. getting meds delivered around travel schedules). But overall, the nurses were very friendly and available - by email, phone, and in person. And when I did need to ask Dr. Copperman questions or have him give me extra time and attention, he gave it to me upon asked, with wisdom, but also kindness and sincerity.
I had low AMH levels and was a low responder during my two egg freezing cycles. During my one IVF cycle where we retrieved fresh eggs, he used a micro flare protocol. I think they retrieved 5 eggs, 4 of which were mature and fertilized. However only one embryo survived a week of growth to be PGS tested and frozen. Luckily it was normal, and this was the embryo that was transferred two cycles later and stuck. I did two IUI cycles before IVF. Each was with Letrozole and a trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Leyla)
Nurses were all great. Sometimes it did feel like there were a lot of cooks in the kitchen and I wasn't sure who was paying attention to my upcoming cycles. But once my cycles were underway, all was smooth and nurses responded very quickly to all of my questions and concerns (even the insane ones).
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Once I got used to it, it was easy. I knew the latest I could show up in the morning (I'm not a morning person), and when I would usually be done by. The staff who drew my blood were almost all warm and skilled. Doctors who did ultrasounds were friendly and patient and would stop to answer any questions I had as needed.
For my egg freezing cycles, insurance covered about half of the costs by covering almost all meds, ultrasounds, and testing. So I paid about $10,000 total for two cycles. My final IUI and IVF costs have yet to be fully sorted out, but I think insurance is covering it. I paid copays of $20 or $40 for many but not all visits. I had one visit with Dr. Copperman where he was out of network with my insurance at the time and I paid $100 for an office visit.
My doctor only transfers one embryo at a time to minimize the chance of multiples.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New York?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I struggled with the beginning of my IVF egg retrieval cycle. I was traveling a lot at the time and also had to order some of my meds from a delivery service so that they would be covered by insurance. I was not told which meds I would need on day 1 of my cycle, which led me to have to buy one of the meds that had not yet been delivered locally, instead, and pay out of pocket. It wasn't a huge expense, luckily, but was an added stress during an already stressful time. I wish someone had given me more details on my protocol and the timing well in advance of my cycle, so I could have adequately prepared around my schedule. With insurance coverage of meds being so complicated these days, the more advance it can get sorted out, the better. I had plenty of time leading up to this IVF cycle, but the meds got sorted out very last minute, and only after I called my clinic to check in and see what the story was. This led to the problem above and much unnecessary stress.

2016 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Copperman was warm and personable, but also very direct and factual. I appreciated that he discussed data and probability to give us accurate expectations. He came across as very knowledgeable and trustworthy...You will mostly interact with [his] assistants, but they are all excellent. There were some times when Dr. Copperman did contact me directly, though, and that was appreciated.
She [RMA of NY nurse] was super warm and personable and was always very responsive when I had questions...I underwent IVF in March/April 2020, at the height of the pandemic. I was super nervous and stressed, but the clinic was very organized and responsive and definitely put me at ease. Luckily, despite the stress, I had a successful transfer.
How was your experience with Alan Copperman at RMA of New York?
You will mostly interact with Dr. Copperman’s assistants, but they are all excellent. There were some times when Dr. Copperman did contact me directly, though, and that was appreciated.
Our coordinator Samantha was fabulous! She was super warm and personable and was always very responsive when I had questions. The nurse Jordyn Banks was also great.