LGBTQ+ Competent Care
LGBTQ+ Competent Care

Based on reviews from the LGBTQ+ community.

9.7
9.7

LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

Good

Cornell
Cornell
U of Connecticut

Alyaa Elassar works at

693 Fifth Avenue, 7th Floor

2023, Successful
[Dr. Alyaa Elassar] is both objective and compassionate...helped set realistic expectations without sugarcoating things...saw her at every monitoring appointment...She did both my egg retrievals and my embryo transfer...stick to the antagonist approach. Given my AFC, age (37)...transfer was successful.
NYC IVF is a boutique clinic, so you end up knowing the whole staff (and they know you by name)...process runs very smoothly, and communication was easy...very responsive over email and I never had any issues scheduling monitoring appointments, getting time with Dr Elassar, having my questions answered
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Dr. Elassar was the 3rd Reproductive Endocrinologist I saw for IVF treatment, and by far the one I had the best experience with, both in terms of treatment results and how I felt as a patient during the process. She had been recommended to me by a friend that had been her patient, and now I recommend her to anyone going through infertility treatment without hesitating. She is both objective and compassionate - she was never harsh or cold, but also helped set realistic expectations without sugarcoating things. I felt I always had a good understanding of the proposed treatment, next steps and expected results, and always had the chance to ask questions along the way. She is also very involved through the process and I felt I received personalized care. I saw her at every monitoring appointments and she was very on top of everything we had discussed during previous appointments (which was not my experience at my previous clinic). She did both my egg retrievals and my embryo transfer. Before switching to NYC IVF, I had had two unsuccessful transfers at my previous clinic, where I felt I was getting a cookie cutter treatment. As an example, they suspected I had endometriosis, but didn’t see the need to do any further tests to confirm it or to try treat it at all. Dr Elassar, on the other hand, recommended additional testing and subsequently a period of down regulation before my transfer. That transfer was successful, and I credit it to Dr Elassar tailoring my protocol to my specific context and situation.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Dr. Elassar and everyone at NYC IVF knew me and my partner by name, my treatment felt personalized to my specific situation and medical history, and I felt everyone was really invested in our success. NYC IVF was the second fertility clinic I went to, and one of my frustrations with my previous clinic had been that I felt very much like a number. My experience with Dr. Elassar and NYC IVF was so much better, the difference was night and day.
Describe the protocols Alyaa Elassar used in your cycles at New York City IVF and their degree of success.
I did two egg retrieval cycles with Dr Elassar using an antagonist protocol (Menopur + Gonal-F, adding in Cetrotide on day 5 of stims). At my previous clinic I had done egg retrieval cycles with the antagonist protocol and with a Lupron flare protocol and had better results with the former, so Dr Elassar recommended we stick to the antagonist approach. Given my AFC, age (37) and that we had to go through PGT-M to screen for a genetic condition me and my partner are carriers for, Dr. Elassar recommended we do two sequential egg retrieval cycles and “batched” the embryo biopsies. After our first egg retrieval we froze all the embryos that made it to Day 3, then went through the second egg retrieval cycle. When we got to day 3 for that second batch, the embryos from our first cycle were thawed. All embryos that made it to day 5/6 were biopsied and the samples sent for PGT-a and PGT-M testing. We had great results from our egg retrievals, which also speaks to the quality of the lab and the embryologists. In total across the two cycles we retrieved 25 eggs, 20 of which were mature, and we ended up with 13 blastocysts (a mix of day 5 and day 6). For my transfer Dr Elassar recommended 2 months of Lupron down regulation, given my endometriosis diagnosis, and then a fully medicated transfer (with estrace pills and PIO shots). That transfer was successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New York City IVF. (Assigned nurse: Tamar)
Tamar and the whole nursing staff were great. Tamar was very on top of everything: in the weeds on my treatment and protocol, very easy to reach with any questions I had, very clear in her communication and explanations. I also felt she (and everyone else in the clinic) was rooting for our success.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
NYC IVF is a boutique clinic, so you end up knowing the whole staff (and they know you by name), which I personally preferred vs my previous experience at a much larger clinic. The process runs very smoothly, and communication was easy. Everyone was very responsive over email and I never had any issues scheduling monitoring appointments, getting time with Dr Elassar, having my questions answered, etc. Monitoring times in the morning started later than in my previous clinic (at my previous clinic monitoring started as early as 6:45AM), but that wasn’t an issue for me, especially since I never had to wait more than 5-10 min to be seen and was usually in and out quickly. The process with my financial coordinator to get insurance authorization was refreshingly easy. At my previous clinic communication with my financial coordinator was a nightmare and more than once my treatment had to be delayed because of issues with them not submitting authorization to my insurance in a timely manner. With NYC IVF my experience was the opposite - Alejandra was amazing, taking care of everything so smoothly and being very proactive in communicating with my insurance and keeping us up to date.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF.
My treatment and medication was fully covered by my insurance.
Describe Alyaa Elassar's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New York City IVF.
Dr Elassar recommended a single embryo transfer, given it was a good grade euploid embryo. We wanted to avoid the risk of multiples and fully agreed with her approach.

2023, 3 Eggs Frozen
2 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
From my first appointment with Dr Elassar, I was put at ease by her obvious intelligence, skills and thorough examination of my case...she took the time to carefully go through the possible reasons for my unsuccessful attempts in retrieving eggs, suggested a monitoring of my natural cycle to understand better how my body operates, and made some initial recommendations for treatment, all while managing my expectations. She was also warm, and also very considerate of my personal circumstances as I was not based in tete country.
Compared to larger facilities, this [New York City IVF] is a smaller highly effective clinic. While they have many patients, the appointments are set in a way that you only encounter a few of them in each visit. This way, you are truly made to feel like you are receiving individualised attention, and not treated as a number in a factory. Seeing the Doctor and same team in every visit was very reassuring. I was also not bombarded with information and documents, but yet received all necessary information on my treatment at the appropriate stages of the treatment.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
From my first appointment with Dr Elassar, I was put at ease by her obvious intelligence, skills and thorough examination of my case. Unlike my first two experiences with other doctors, she took the time to carefully go through the possible reasons for my unsuccessful attempts in retrieving eggs, suggested a monitoring of my natural cycle to understand better how my body operates, and made some initial recommendations for treatment, all while managing my expectations. She was also warm, and also very considerate of my personal circumstances as I was not based in tete country. She was able to work with me even when this included some monitoring visits and starting treatment (with her protocol) at a different country, then continuing upon my return to New York. Int experience at NYC IVF made me realize even more, in hindsight, how I personalized and cold the experience was in the two larger facilities I attempted my previous attempts, and how much of a difference it makes to be treated by a dedicated team that is committed to achieving the best results for you as a person, not a number.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Please immediately book an appointment with her, and you will soon see why she is one of - if not the one - best doctor in NYC.
Unlike the other two larger facilities where I was treated for my first and second attempts at egg freezing, Dr Elassar and her team made me feel like they were fully dedicated to my personal journey and considered the best possible course of treatment based on my personal circumstances. If you are a standard, young patient going through egg freezing, then it might not matter as much whether you are treated as a number. But if you have any particular diagnosis, I would highly recommend Dr Elassar and her team as they truly make you feel like they are with you on your journey.
First, Dr Elassar only fully settled on a treatment protocol once she had time to monitor my natural cycle and understand how my body works. She then had me start my stimulation in the mid luteal phase (day 21 of my cycle), with 150 Menopur, 200 Gonal and later in the cycle, Ganirelix. She had initially wanted to start me on Estrace prior to stimulation, but deemed it not necessary after my baseline scan just before the start of treatment. She also had me on slightly lower doses than pervious attempts with other doctors as she felt the stimulation was too much for my body given my low number of follicles. She was able to explain why she would not try again the same protocol previously used in other unsuccessful rounds (with other doctors). An important aspect is that she listened to my concerns about my response to the trigger used in my previous rounds (Pregnyl/Ovidrel) and decided from the onset that she would use a double trigger (Pregnyl and Lupron). This is an option the doctor at my second facility had failed to consider (or explain why not) even when I had expressed the same concerns. For my next cycle, Dr Elassar has suggested to stick to the same protocol as my latest successful round.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New York City IVF. (Assigned nurse: My primary nurse was Tamar, but also worked Victoria. The entire support team was excellent, and able to answer all my questions in a timely manner. )
Excellent. The only recommendation would be to consistently share all blood work results with the patient, though they have previously explained that they only share results once discussed with the Doctor, and have always sent my results when asked.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
Compared to larger facilities, this is a smaller highly effective clinic. While they have many patients, the appointments are set in a way that you only encounter a few of them in each visit. This way, you are truly made to feel like you are receiving individualised attention, and not treated as a number in a factory. Seeing the Doctor and same team in every visit was very reassuring. I was also not bombarded with information and documents, but yet received all necessary information on my treatment at the appropriate stages of the treatment.
The egg freezing treatment cost $8,000 exclusive of medications and monitoring visits. Each monitoring visit was $350 plus blood work (approx 25$ per test). While this was a bit higher than my previous facilities, it was well worth it as it is a small clinic with a much more personalised approach.
What specific things went wrong at New York City IVF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New York City IVF.
Only issue was that my results were not usually shared with me by email unless asked, but the team always gave a general indication that the results were fine. They also shared the specific results when I asked.

2023, 14 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Elassar is a very caring and empathetic doctor...explained every procedure and test that she was doing...available for any questions that came up...closely monitored me and changed therapy as needed...she was also there to offer support which made a huge impact in my infertility journey...
[New York City IVF] offers individual care. You are not treated like a number here. Everyone knows your name and they are always on top of your therapy and regimen...located in a beautiful part of Manhattan and it's very modern and inviting...live plants offer a very calming environment...atmosphere and staff really put you at ease...nurses at nyc ivf were amazing...extremely caring and compassionate.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Dr. Elassar is a very caring and empathetic doctor. She explained every procedure and test that she was doing. She was also available for any questions that came up. She closely monitored me and changed therapy as needed. Other than being an expert in her field she was also there to offer support which made a huge impact in my infertility journey. When things didn't go the way we hoped she stayed positive and was reassuring throughout the entire process. I feel very lucky and blessed to have met her and to have her help me during a very tough time
One piece of advice I would give a prospective patient is to be open with Dr. Elassar and feel comfortable to tell her anything because she truly cares about your well being. She also goes above and beyond to ensure that you are comfortable
Everyone at NYC IVF were exceptionally caring people. They were very empathetic during a very stressful time in my life. Dr.Elassar was always available for a consult. I felt as though everyone in the office genuinely cared for me
Describe your experience with your nurse at New York City IVF.
The nurses at nyc ivf were amazing. They were extremely caring and compassionate. They made me feel very comfortable and cared for. Everyone at the office were available to answer all questions. They took great care of me after every procedure. Tamar is a rock star.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
This clinic offers individual care. You are not treated like a number here. Everyone knows your name and they are always on top of your therapy and regimen. The office is located in a beautiful part of Manhattan and it's very modern and inviting. The live plants offer a very calming environment. The atmosphere and staff really put you at ease and help to make a stressful time as comfortable and possible. I would highly recommend this office to anyone who is concerned about fertility or even if you're just looking for some information
Most costs were covered by my insurance

2023, Successful
Dr. Elassar is thorough, caring, and excellent at her job. She took the time to really know my husband and me and our fertility journey. That was really important to us and it made us really trust her and feel comfortable with her. She is incredible...She informed us very clearly about the risks of multiple embryo transfer and prefers eSET...I also appreciated only seeing Dr. Elassar vs. several different doctors as with other clinics.
The [New York City IVF] clinic is very efficient. All the areas are very clean and pleasant. They have an in house lab so blood results are quick and easy. All the staff are incredibly kind and knowledgeable. They make you feel very comfortable and taken care of...I felt like family with Dr. Elassar and NYCIVF. They never rushed us or made us feel unimportant. They took time to address all our questions and concerns. I also appreciated only seeing Dr. Elassar vs. several different doctors as with other clinics.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
You would be in very capable hands.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New York City IVF. (Assigned nurse: Tamar )
Tamar was compassionate, efficient, and thorough. After procedures she always briefed me verbally and also sent an email with instructions. She followed up with blood test results quickly and clearly and was always incredibly responsive.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
The clinic is very efficient. All the areas are very clean and pleasant. They have an in house lab so blood results are quick and easy. All the staff are incredibly kind and knowledgeable. They make you feel very comfortable and taken care of
Nycivf was out of network for us so we spent about $15,000 out of pocket

2023, Unknown Success
Dr Elasser is very considerate and thoughtful about her protocols. She is straightforward about what is happening and what could be the result and she doesn't give up. She obviously knows what she's doing...always take the time to explain things I have questions about and are so caring.
[New York City IVF] is beautiful and did not add stress to the IVF experience unlike other clinics....staff is mostly female...facilities are clean and new. The only thing that is annoying is that the lights in the exam rooms go out quickly when you are waiting for the doctor to come in.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
The atmosphere of her office is not like any of the other large clinics. You will feel more relaxed and like you are dealing with a peer than at another hospital.
Dr Elasser and her staff always take the time to explain things I have questions about and are so caring.
Tamar was very prompt to respond to my questions and emails and she explained things clearly and with patience.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
The clinic is beautiful and did not add stress to the IVF experience unlike other clinics. The staff is mostly female which was something I didn't realize I really wanted in a clinic. The facilities are clean and new. The only thing that is annoying is that the lights in the exam rooms go out quickly when you are waiting for the doctor to come in.

2022 - 2023, Successful
I was able to see her [Dr. Elassar] at every visit and she PERSONALLY performed my monitoring ultrasounds...She was always accessible- she would even answer emails on weeknights personally! I feel that she practiced evidence based medicine and treated my body as an individual. She did not push medications with the mindset of “more is better”. She chose the most logical approach for me based off of my lab values, age and body...
NYC IVF is open 7 days a week and you get to see the doctor at every visit which was our biggest reason for choosing NYC IVF...NYC IVF based my medications, monitoring schedule and procedure dates on my body, my labs and what would lead to the best outcome for me! If they needed me to come in on weekends for labs or procedures it was not an issue at all! They treated me like a person vs another cog in a wheel which made the biggest difference. Every staff member was extremely personable and knew our names/faces. All the departments were accessible easily by email..
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
I will never forget Dr Elassar. I love how thorough and particular she was about my care. I felt like she monitored me vigilantly and made sure nothing was ever missed. I always felt like I was an important patient and that she really wanted me to get positive results. I was able to see her at every visit and she PERSONALLY performed my monitoring ultrasounds. I felt that she was 100% committed to us having a positive outcome. She was always accessible- she would even answer emails on weeknights personally! I feel that she practiced evidence based medicine and treated my body as an individual. She did not push medications with the mindset of “more is better”. She chose the most logical approach for me based off of my lab values, age and body. Not only was she extremely intelligent and good at her job but she was kind and caring and will I always remember her holding my hand while I underwent anesthesia for my egg retrieval. If needed, I would 100% choose to see Dr Elassar again without a doubt.
Never feel bad for asking or emailing your questions!
I chose NYC IVF after 2 failed cycles at another facility. The reason I chose NYC IVF was I was able to see the doctor at every single visit as opposed to just procedure days. The doctor conducted most of the ULTRASOUNDS herself. My IVF cycle, medications and procedure dates were based off of my lab results and my body as opposed to what was convenient for the clinics hours of operation. I felt like I was treated as an individual at NYC IVF even if that required the doctor to be available 7 days a week. Our bodies don’t stop working on the weekends!
I was placed on an estrogen priming protocol. I was started on estrace tablets during my menstrual cycle which were stopped once my IVF medications were started. I was placed on Menopur 75 and Follistim 250 nightly while I was monitored. I had 12 eggs retrieved, 9 fertilized, 6 reached blastocyst stage and 3 were genetically normal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New York City IVF. (Assigned nurse: Tamar Badrize)
We are so glad that we got Tamar as our nurse! She is kind, knowledgeable and extremely thorough. She always explained everything in detail and would answer any question we had. She gave us detailed in person tutorials on all our injections with props which was extremely helpful. She was always available via email and would get back to us very quickly with results and answers to our questions. She never made us feel bad about being nervous patients and always made us feel comfortable!
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
We came to NYC IVF for our third IVF cycle after our previous 2 cycles failed and we are so glad we did! We did a lot of research and compared a lot of different clinics before we chose NYC IVF. NYC IVF is open 7 days a week and you get to see the doctor at every visit which was our biggest reason for choosing NYC IVF! Most other clinics are open on weekdays only and you only see the doctor at your first visit and on procedure day. Other clinics were basing my medication schedule and procedure date based off of doctor convenience and their clinic hours. NYC IVF based my medications, monitoring schedule and procedure dates on my body, my labs and what would lead to the best outcome for me! If they needed me to come in on weekends for labs or procedures it was not an issue at all! They treated me like a person vs another cog in a wheel which made the biggest difference. Every staff member was extremely personable and knew our names/faces. All the departments were accessible easily by email. The office functions like a well oiled machine. The clinic is itself is very clean and the location is amazing- right in the heart of NYC and it made the experience something to look forward to. I love that the entire office is run by multicultural female staff - it was both comforting and empowering. I travelled from 4 hours away and they were very accommodating with scheduling and there was absolutely no long wait times. We are so happy with our decision to choose NYC IVF.
The costs of medications, appointments and procedures were slightly higher than our previous clinic. However, we would do it all again as the care was far more individualized and superior.

2023, Unknown Success
Egg Freezing With Other Docs
I had the pleasure of receiving exceptional service at NYC IVF. NYC IVF’s facilities were state-of-the-art, creating a welcoming and comfortable environment. The cleanliness and modernity of the facility further enhanced my confidence in the clinic's commitment to providing high-quality care...The nursing staff at the clinic demonstrated remarkable professionalism and genuine care throughout my journey. They provided me with comprehensive information about the egg freezing process, patiently answering all of my questions and addressing any concerns I had. Their expertise immediately put me at ease.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Dr. Alyaa Elassar was very warm and friendly, and guided me through each step of the procedure with meticulous attention to detail, ensuring my comfort and well-being at all times. I had consultations with four different physicians before making my choice. I went with Dr. Elassar because I found her to be quite knowledgeable and experienced. I appreciated her communication skills. Of all the physicians that I met with, she was the only one that explained the process to me thoroughly and I even walked away learning a lot just off of one consultation. I did not receive that type of education from other physicians. I also found her to be warm and compassionate which is something that is needed when undergoing a process like this.
Rest assure that you are in good hands. Dr Elassar will do her best to ensure optimum results. Also ask me questions as you can during the process!
She is what I consider an active listener. She gave me her undivided attention during consultations. She allowed me to express my concerns and questions fully without interruption. I also felt that she treated me with respect which is important as a patient. She encouraged me to ask as many questions.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
retrieval, co-pays for each clinic visit, storage fees, medications

2022 - 2023, Successful
Dr. Elassar is very knowledgeable and a clear, direct communicator. She answered all questions in detail and provided evidence-based guidance throughout. She is attentive, present at every visit and always available for contact by phone and email. Quite a few times, I emailed after hours and received almost immediate responses...strongly supported single embryo transfer as the risk brought on by multiples could result in significant complications.
The advantage of this practice [New York City IVF] is that it is small (but mighty) in terms of team size. As a result, throughout all of the appointments, including the frequent monitoring visits, I was seen by Dr. Elassar as well as the same nurse and medical assistants. They take the time to get to know you as a person, not just a patient. Each time, you are greeted warmly and taken care of with great attention. They knew my case and followed me closely, I never had to repeat any of my updates or background, as they remained familiar with all my updates given the direct 1:1 care each time.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
IVF cycles and transfers are complicated on their own - without the added stress and emotion of dealing with infertility. The cycles require careful and strict schedule coordination, with some of the injections adhering to specific time of day, for example. This can lead to feeling quite overwhelmed, especially if also juggling a demanding schedule of your own. I recommend writing down all questions and not hesitating to ask - especially when reviewing the calendar of injections/medications and coordinating with any other competing schedules (work, activities, etc).
The advantage of this practice is that it is small (but mighty) in terms of team size. As a result, throughout all of the appointments, including the frequent monitoring visits, I was seen by Dr. Elassar as well as the same nurse and medical assistants. They take the time to get to know you as a person, not just a patient. Each time, you are greeted warmly and taken care of with great attention. They knew my case and followed me closely, I never had to repeat any of my updates or background, as they remained familiar with all my updates given the direct 1:1 care each time.
Given that my partner and I both tested positive as carriers for the same disease, the chances of our embryos testing positive were greatly increased. Due to this, and other risks associated with advanced maternal age, we proceeded with two IVF cycles and two retrievals, in order to increase chances of normal embryos. Additionally, we opted for PGT-M testing (specifically tailored to examine for the genetic disease we were screening for) - Dr. Elassar’s team supported us in identifying the right provider for us to develop the probes and complete the testing. The results were positive - while close to 40 eggs were retrieved, after all the testing was completed, we were left with 5 embryos viable for transfer.
There are not enough words to describe Tamar - she is simply the best. She is super knowledgeable, kind, warm and attentive. She is highly skilled at what she does and provides incredible care. She is always available for questions, is present at every visit, and went out of her way to make me comfortable throughout each visit. Monitoring requires frequent bloodwork and it is a dreaded experience for me bc of poor veins - though it is not part of Tamar’s primary responsibilities to draw blood and can be done by one of the MAs, Tamar was able to make the experience completely painless for me and was always the one to draw my blood as she knew this would be so much easier for me.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
The clinic environment is clean, welcoming and warm. The administrative support staff run very efficient operations - I never waited more than 5 minutes, they were accommodating with my demanding work schedule and provided all of the necessary support related to insurance or other clerical issues.
Dr. Elassar strongly supported single embryo transfer as the risk brought on by multiples could result in significant complications. Each patient is unique, and we discussed the pros and cons of single vs multiple embryo transfers in detail. Dr. Elassar even recommended a few high risk OBs for me to meet with to talk through the risks. Ultimately, I followed her advice and we proceeded with a single transfer. Overall, I appreciated her approach as she provided not just her expertise/opinion, but additional resources for me to make an informed and mutual decision.
2023, Successful
Dr. Elassar is very brilliant and highly knowledgeable in her field. She shares information very openly and doesn’t shy away from telling the truth. I think it’s very important to have a full understanding of what you’re getting into with IVF and she does a great job sharing expectations. She’s very meticulous and diligent with her treatment. I respect that very much and felt very safe in her care... explained all the risks that come with multiple embryo transfers, but my husband and I were set on twins and decided to move forward. The transfer has been successful.
The [New York City IVF] clinic has one of the best customer service experiences I’ve ever had. Places like this make me so happy because they take away so much stress ! Easy booking via phone or email, you’re seen right on time and communication is top notch... The warmest welcome, amazing ambience and everyone knew my name! I was shocked, amazed and felt deeply that I was exactly where I needed to be.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Ask as many questions as you have on your mind and don’t be shy. Dr. Elassar is very knowledgeable and will help navigate all your questions seamlessly.
From the first day I walked into Dr. Elassar’s office, it was like night and day compared to the Dr.’s office I went to prior. The warmest welcome, amazing ambience and everyone knew my name! I was shocked, amazed and felt deeply that I was exactly where I needed to be.
We discussed every aspect of the treatment upfront and what to expect. Additionally along the way, each step was explained again as I progressed through each phase. Everything that was happening was explained to me from blood work to ultrasounds to my medical regimen. Every aspect of my treatment was followed with guidance.
In summary all the staff at Dr. Elassar’s office are stellar. Everyone is on the same wavelength and exceptional customer service seems to be the standard.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
The clinic has one of the best customer service experiences I’ve ever had. Places like this make me so happy because they take away so much stress ! Easy booking via phone or email, you’re seen right on time and communication is top notch!
Cost were as described and expected
Dr. Elassar explained all the risks that come with multiple embryo transfers, but my husband and I were set on twins and decided to move forward. The transfer has been successful.

2022 - 2023, Successful
Dr. Elassar was one of the best doctors I've ever seen. She conveys the highest level of experience and knowledge while also coming across as accessible and invested each individual's care. Regardless of test results or numbers, she always made me feel like everything would be okay and she and her team were there to assist with next steps...she's great at taking the time to explaining concepts and procedures to those without any medical background.
Strengths are the [New York City IVF] clinic's staff, size/intimate setting, and communication. Scheduling could sometimes feel like a challenge for someone with a fulltime in office job, but they always made it work. I found huge value in knowing that I was always seeing the same doctor who was invested in me and my course of treatment. As someone for whom the clinic was outside of my insurance network, they still made the choice to go out of network absolutely worth it and the finance team was stellar at working with my benefits.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Don't shy away from asking questions, she's great at taking the time to explaining concepts and procedures to those without any medical background.
Given the small, boutique nature of the clinic, I always felt well known and cared for by all members of the staff.
Tamar was an incredible provider who I would highly recommend to all. She's extremely knowledgeable and personable.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
Strengths are the clinic's staff, size/intimate setting, and communication. Scheduling could sometimes feel like a challenge for someone with a fulltime in office job, but they always made it work. I found huge value in knowing that I was always seeing the same doctor who was invested in me and my course of treatment. As someone for whom the clinic was outside of my insurance network, they still made the choice to go out of network absolutely worth it and the finance team was stellar at working with my benefits.
In my case, Dr. Elassar recommended transfering a single embryo and I trusted her completely.

2019 - 2023, Successful
Dr. Elassar explains your chances of success neutrally - I always felt like I understood the odds of procedures I was about to undergo. She is meticulous and tireless, and focused on the work at hand. She is warm and always asked after my husband and daughter at visits...you see the same people every visit and get to know them personally. Dr. Elassar and her team were actively invested in my treatment and rooting for my success.
NYC IVF is a small, boutique IVF group - you see the same people every visit and get to know them personally. Dr. Elassar and her team were actively invested in my treatment and rooting for my success...The entire team is compassionate and knowledgeable. I got to know Victoria, Tamar and Alejandra very well over time - all lovely, caring humans. They knew my history and went above and beyond for me during my time there.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
When I was 38, I went through 2 egg retrievals before testing and an eventual successful FET. When I was 42, my egg retrievals were not successful. We ended up transferring a low-mosaic embryo from the first batch of retrievals that resulted in a second pregnancy.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
It's a boutique clinic - intimate, but not small. I felt comfortable there for visits and procedures (as comfortable as you can be during a procedure, anyway). I haven't been to other fertility clinics, but I'm definitely glad it wasn't a hospital-like setting.
The genetic testing costs were high, but we chose to test embryos. We had out of pocket costs for procedures, but the office worked with us to accept the out of network coverage benefits from our insurance.

2023, Successful
[Dr. Alyaa Elassar] an objective person with a very direct communication style...Communication was clear/brief/succinct and all my questions were answered...knows what she’s doing; VERY knowledgeable...Gave me options and managed my expectations...Had very good ER results...First fully medicated FET didn’t work for me (canceled), so we pivoted to a natural protocol. First embryo transfer was successful. Now 8 weeks pregnant.
Pros [of New York City IVF]: great success rates, very experienced, very knowledgeable, one doctors, great supporting staff, one location for everything Cons: expensive, but expected considering the location … if you’re sensitive, very direct/objective communication...Very knowledgeable, organized, and friendly...First fully medicated FET didn’t work for me (canceled), so we pivoted to a natural protocol. First embryo transfer was successful. Now 8 weeks pregnant.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
She knows what she’s doing; VERY knowledgeable. Gave me options and managed my expectations. Had very good ER results. First fully medicated FET didn’t work for me (canceled), so we pivoted to a natural protocol. First embryo transfer was successful. Now 8 weeks pregnant.
Reading other reviews- if you need a lot of emotional hand-holding and are particular about having a very warm bedside manner, this may not be the place for you. I didn’t need/want any of that; I just wanted good results that I got.
She’s an objective person with a very direct communication style. I’m a no-frills kind of person, so this worked well for me. Communication was clear/brief/succinct and all my questions were answered.
Both ERs had me on Gonal-F and Menopure. Frequent bloodwork would determine any change in dosage. Very good outcome. 9 PGT tested healthy embryos. First FET was canceled; fully medicated did not work for me. We pivoted to natural, which resulted in my first transfer being successful. Now 8 weeks pregnant.
Very knowledgeable, organized, and friendly.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
Pros: great success rates, very experienced, very knowledgeable, one doctors, great supporting staff, one location for everything Cons: expensive, but expected considering the location … if you’re sensitive, very direct/objective communication. This isn’t a con for me, but I know it can be for others

2023, 29 Eggs Frozen
I had a really great experience...with Dr. Elassar. As she is the only doctor there, she is without every step of the way. I always understood what the next step was...I also was very happy with the amount of eggs that were retrieved (more than we even thought going into it!)...the wait time in the room itself can be a bit longer, but I never felt like it was too bad. I was very very happy with my results and I felt like I was cared for very well. I would highly recommend
The strength of this clinic [New York City IVF] is the one on one attention. I had many friends who went to other clinics in NYC and they were seen by multiple different doctors at different time. I loved that I knew who I was seeing and I was very promptly taken in each time. Because there is one doctor, the wait time in the room itself can be a bit longer, but I never felt like it was too bad. I was very very happy with my results and I felt like I was cared for very well. I would highly recommend the clinic to others.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
I had a really great experience at the clinic and with Dr. Elassar. As she is the only doctor there, she is without every step of the way. I always understood what the next step was. I felt very taken care of by everybody in the clinic. I also was very happy with the amount of eggs that were retrieved (more than we even thought going into it!)
This practice is extremely welcoming! Everybody on staff knew my name and was with me through the whole journey. Even when I called, they knew who I was exactly without having to ask each time. I loved the attention!
I was on a very standard treatment of Ganirilex, Follistim and Menopur. It was Follistim and Menopur at night for the first 7 or 8 days, and then adding Ganirilex in the morning. I only had to change the dosage once as we got closer (and when I ran out of Follistim).
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
The strength of this clinic is the one on one attention. I had many friends who went to other clinics in NYC and they were seen by multiple different doctors at different time. I loved that I knew who I was seeing and I was very promptly taken in each time. Because there is one doctor, the wait time in the room itself can be a bit longer, but I never felt like it was too bad. I was very very happy with my results and I felt like I was cared for very well. I would highly recommend the clinic to others.
The total cost was ~$18,000 without insurance. Each office visit was $500, medications were around $4000 and the retrieval was around $8000.
2022 - 2023, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Elassar] is always ready to answer any questions with scientific support. Additionally she is ready to have many options during the treatment if something is not working in your body...During the transfer the medicine changed to tablets instead of injections because my body did not react correctly (especially with the progesterone)...always is ready to listen the patients and understand their needs....
The clinic [New York City IVF] is very clean and the lab is usually at the same location so you do not need to travel to a different place. Also, the room where you have the retrieval and the transfers is also at the same location. It is a very friendly and efficient system...this place is very personalized to your treatment. You are not going to feel that you are not important during this process. Every person on the team is always working together during your process....
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
The Doctor is an incredible person with a lot of experience in her field. She is always ready to answer any questions with scientific support. Additionally she is ready to have many options during the treatment if something is not working in your body.
Definitely this place is very personalized to your treatment. You are not going to feel that you are not important during this process. Every person on the team is always working together during your process.
The Doctor always is ready to listen the patients and understand their needs.
The treatment that she used was very helpful to my body as I used the regular medication to obtain the eggs. During the transfer the medicine changed to tablets instead of injections because my body did not react correctly (especially with the progesterone).
She was very compassionate during the process.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
The clinic is very clean and the lab is usually at the same location so you do not need to travel to a different place. Also, the room where you have the retrieval and the transfers is also at the same location. It is a very friendly and efficient system.
2022 - 2023, Unknown Success
Dr. E, is amazing, so caring and takes time to talk to me and reassure me when I am feeling down about the direction of things. I really like her and I trust her and her team. My appointments are normally about 90% on time...You have to be patient, Dr. E is very thorough and will not make a move if she doesn’t believe we are ready for it. Trust the process...so personable. They take their time with me on each visit and are very responsive to my inquiries.
[New York City IVF] Clinic is very upscale and nicely decorated, conveniently located. You have to wear a mask still to this day and I think that is a bit too much. I feel like everyone knows what they are doing and are professional...Dr. E and her staff are so personable. They take their time with me on each visit and are very responsive to my inquiries...Dr. E is very thorough and will not make a move if she doesn’t believe we are ready for it. Trust the process.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
I don’t recall the strategy full, but our goal was to secure good embryos and we did, I got 3 and now I just need my lining to get to the thickness level needed to transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New York City IVF. (Assigned nurse: Tamar Badrizde)
Thoughtful and patient

2 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Since day one she [Dr. Elassar] has been honest, caring, taking the time to know me, my situation, my past experiences and my fears. She made me feel like I’m her only patience. I’m working full time and she accomodate to my crazy schedule as well....Dr Elassar decided to do two cycles of egg stimulations (and retrieval), fertilize the eggs retrieved in the first cycle them with my husband’ sperm and push to day 3, the second time fertilize them, and at day 3 defreeze the ones in the first set and then let them all survive to day 5. At day 5 the genetic test was performed and the good one was transferred one month later
Clinic [New York City IVF] is in midtown, private, clean, accessible. A pleasant environment (especially if you arrive as distressed and hopeless as I was). They made me visti the entire premises at the first visit explaining me which part was for which treatment...The cost were explained to me at the first appointment, which I like, because it gave clarity and expectations were set....
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Honest, professional, caring, empathic. She took the time to explain each step of the treatment and what to expect. I knew I could call her anytime for questions. I never doubter her professionalism as I was aware of the details of the procedure from my previous experiences.
She is an honest and caring doctor. You will be in good hands with her.
Since day one she has been honest, caring, taking the time to know me, my situation, my past experiences and my fears. She made me feel like I’m her only patience. I’m working full time and she accomodate to my crazy schedule as well!
Due to my age and 2 failing cycles of IVF made in another country, Dr Elassar decided to do two cycles of egg stimulations (and retrieval), fertilize the eggs retrieved in the first cycle them with my husband’ sperm and push to day 3, the second time fertilize them, and at day 3 defreeze the ones in the first set and then let them all survive to day 5. At day 5 the genetic test was performed and the good one was transferred one month later, after making sure my other problems were solved.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New York City IVF.
Tamar Badridze and the nurses taking the blood were absolutely adorable and professional.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
Clinic is in midtown, private, clean, accessible. A pleasant environment (especially if you arrive as distressed and hopeless as I was). They made me visti the entire premises at the first visit explaining me which part was for which treatment.
No comment. I only had one good embryo, so this discussion never took place.

2019 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Elassar is the most amazing doctor...What I love the most is that she she does not sugar coat the truth. If there is a concern, she tells you what it is and you make a plan together to work through it. She is very diligent and careful and makes sure that you are well informed about your care in every step of the process you are going through. She takes the time to help you understand and has a way of breaking down even the most complex aspects of the IVF process. You are more than just a patient. Dr. Elassar cares about you as a person.
NYC IVF has a very small but effective team. It is a private clinic so you get the pros of excellent individualized care, and the cons of high cost. I would recommend any new patient to confirm that their insurance is taken as well as I’d the clinic provides any other support services that can help financially...I am always greeted in a respectful way. I was never rushed. She always took the time to answer all of my questions. She would follow up and check in to make sure that I was ok. It wasn’t only about the process, it was about me.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Dr. Elassar is the most amazing doctor. Literally the best physician I have ever been under the care of. What I love the most is that she she does not sugar coat the truth. If there is a concern, she tells you what it is and you make a plan together to work through it. She is very diligent and careful and makes sure that you are well informed about your care in every step of the process you are going through. She takes the time to help you understand and has a way of breaking down even the most complex aspects of the IVF process. You are more than just a patient. Dr. Elassar cares about you as a person.
Be prepared to have a direct conversation. While going through the IVF process is difficult and very sensitive, you need to have your eyes wide open. Dr. Elassar is very direct in her communication and tells you what you need to know even if it’s nor something you want to hear.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
Approximately $15,000 - $20,000 per cycle inclusive, precediese, regular and follow-up appointments and genetic testing of embryos
Dr. Elassar’ main approach is eSet. However she understands when circumstances call for multiple embryo transfer and will help you understand the risks so that you can make the best decision.

2021 - 2022, Successful
[Dr. Alyaa Elassar] was straightforward, explained the process, concern when needed and offered options...[she] is great and the whole practice is very pleasant...I only saw one doctor and one main nurse which was great: they were always there and would respond to emails super fast...We did two retrievals, following gonal f and (the other medication, they am forgetting the name). I would do shots as instructed, depending on my blood results we adjusted dosage if needed
Since I saw the same staff every day [at NYC IVF] it felt very friendly, like a family. The staff and the doctor are very attentive, respond to emails right away (even if it’s super late). Always available to address any questions. The clinic is clean, nice...Mostly my insurance covered things but I have to say the whole billing was soooo easy. They handled everything and where I did have to pay they would tell me upfront. Genetic testing is not covered by insurance 1500- 2000 for the test
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
The place is wonderful. Feels very personable and easy to work with. Everyone is very attentive and things are well organized. While the whole ivf process is annoying and emotionally draining it felt super easy compared to other places that we have gone to. The Doctor and the staff are great. Dr Elassar was straightforward, explained the process, concern when needed and offered options
You will be in good hands. Dr. Elassar is very experienced and makes the whiten experience pretty pleasant
Dr Alyssa is great and the whole practice is very pleasant . It’s boutique, with very few people working there so doesn’t feel like a factory of egg making. Other experiences and places I went was like a factory. I only saw one doctor and one main nurse which was great: they were always there and would respond to emails super fast
Tamar is very sweet, knowledgeable and compassionate
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
Nice clean space. Great view from the building, gives a good energy vibe. The rooms are very pleasant modern. Since I saw the same staff every day it felt very friendly, like a family. The staff and the doctor are very attentive, respond to emails right away (even if it’s super late). Always available to address any questions. The clinic is clean, nice. Comparing to other places we gone this truly felt like a white glove service. Would highly recommend this clinic and the doctor of course to others. Comparing this experience to other places we gone, we did not feel like we were just a number
There is a risk of getting twins so there was no reason not to start with single embryo transfer, the doctor also explained as such

2021 - 2022, Successful
I saw Dr. Elassar at every appointment...And she listened. Like, really listened. I felt no time restraint...she explained EVERYTHING. So clearly. With visuals...After 2 failed IUI procedures, [she] recommended an MRI to check a fibroid...[she] performed every sonogram, and every procedure. She always explained what was going on and what her plan was...She is smart and kind and truly an expert in her craft...
I had 24/7 access to actually speak to someone [at New York City IVF] when I needed. I never felt hesitant to ask anything. They worked with my work schedule so the stress of getting to work and my appointments was completed lifted. There was never a wait for my appointment. The whole practice operated seamlessly and kindly...The office is impeccably clean and organized...Tamar is Dr. Elassar’s right hand woman and she is as amazing as Dr. Elassar. She is dedicated, patient, compassionate, so smart and so kind.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
My first meet with Dr. Elassar was the most telling. My partner and I sat in her office and she asked us about ourselves, our families and our wishes. Simply. And she listened. Like, really listened. I felt no time restraint. I felt like she had nothing else going on her life but to listen to us and hear us out. Then she explained EVERYTHING. So clearly. With visuals. The visit ended with the feeling of like ok let’s do this, let’s get things done. I saw Dr. Elassar at every appointment. And there were a-lot of appointments. I got sick after a saline sonogram in her office. I threw up. I was so embarrassed. I laid down in an exam room until I felt better. And Dr. Elassar sat by side and assured me everything would be ok. After 2 failed IUI procedures, Dr. Elassar recommended an MRI to check a fibroid. I never had an MRI before and when I got there I was too scared to go in the machine. I left the appointment and went to Dr. Elassar to tell her I was too scared and what do I do. She gave me coping techniques and explained why the MRI was so important. She rescheduled an MRI for me in an open MRI machine that same day and I did it! I overcame my fear thanks to Dr. Elassar. Dr. Elassar performed every sonogram, and every procedure. She always explained what was going on and what her plan was. I can’t find words enough to say what a fantastic doctor Dr. Elassar is. She is smart and kind and truly an expert in her craft. No matter what my outcome, I knew I would tell everyone to go to NYC IVF but there simply isn’t a better doctor or team than Dr. Elassar and her crew.
Just go. Just trust her.
I’ve never felt more confident, safe and comfortable with any other health care team as I did with Dr. Elassar and her team. Everything was explained in detail: what my options were, how everything would happen, what to do, etc. I had 24/7 access to actually speak to someone when I needed. I never felt hesitant to ask anything. They worked with my work schedule so the stress of getting to work and my appointments was completed lifted. There was never a wait for my appointment. The whole practice operated seamlessly and kindly. I feel like NYC IVF became family.
For my 2 IUI procedures I just took Femara 5mg for 5 nights. Neither procedure was successful. For egg retrieval I took Gonal F and Menopur. Trigger shot was Fyremadel. After genetic testing I had the 5 day embryo implanted. To prep for implantation I took Estrace and used progesterone injections. After implantation I used progesterone injections and suppositories until week 10 and low dose aspirin daily until birth (because I developed a hematoma).
Tamar is Dr. Elassar’s right hand woman and she is as amazing as Dr. Elassar. She is dedicated, patient, compassionate, so smart and so kind. Victoria, the other nurse, was just as outstanding. I can’t think of a single negative thing to say. I never had a bad experience. After my egg retrieval, i was kind of out of it and along with Dr. Elassar, Tamar and Victoria were by my side to make sure i was ok. I always felt safe and cared for as if they were family.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
The office is impeccably clean and organized. There was never a waiting room full of people. There was never a wait. The staff was careful about screening for and prevention of COVID. The only difficulty might be traffic but public transportation is so close by, no need to drive.
My insurance was out of network. Alejandra sat down and explained everything to me upfront and billed my insurance for everything she could. It was $350 per visit, nothing extra for blood work sonograms etc. I don’t remember how much the rest was but I never felt like it was unreasonable.
I wanted a single transfer and the discussion didn’t really go further.
2019 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Elassar is compassionate and knowledgeable about her job. She always made me feel comfortable. She was very respectful of my privacy and concerns. She explained every possible outcome, procedure and cost very thoroughly...She saw me personally during the appointment and was fully involved. She was aware of my needs and wants and was supportive along my journey...Dr. Elassar was very professional and through about the costs. You know exactly how much it will cost you ahead of time so you can prepare yourself...
The clinic [New York City IVF] staffs are very welcoming. It clean and the wait time isn’t outrageous like other clinics. They are always available via phone or email and always ready to help...During my appointments I was seen by both the doctor and the nurse...Tamar [nurse] was always ready to answer my questions and concerns. Every time I emailed her, regardless of the time she always helped me. She takes the time to explain medication and how to take them...
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Do not think twice about choosing Dr. Elassar.
Dr. Elassar is such a phenomenal doctor and a human being. She took the time explaining every options my husband and I had and the possible results as well. Because of her it was to make our decision and proceed with IFV after a failed IUI. She saw me personally during the appointment and was fully involved. She was aware of my needs and wants and was supportive along my journey. I can’t thank her enough for being so cooperative and helpful. I am currently 9 weeks pregnant after trying over 10 years. I’m glad I had found this clinic.
Tamar was always ready to answer my questions and concerns. Every time I emailed her, regardless of the time she always helped me. She takes the time to explain medication and how to take them.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
The clinic staffs are very welcoming. It clean and the wait time isn’t outrageous like other clinics. They are always available via phone or email and always ready to help. The clinic is located in 5th Ave so the ambience will make you feel at ease.
At first Dr. Elassar’s cost may seem to be more than other clinics but it actually costs less. During my appointments I was seen by both the doctor and the nurse, whereas in a different well known clinic I had only seen the doctor during the consultation and all the monitoring was done by different nurses and technicians. As a result they kept missing my cycle. Dr. Elassar was very professional and through about the costs. You know exactly how much it will cost you ahead of time so you can prepare yourself.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Elassar was always attentive and adjusted our treatment based on our medical history and my body's response. My body was not always cooperating but we had trust and we were listening to each other, the knowledge and experience she has is obvious...you get to see [her] at most if not all of your appointments...be open about your concerns and medical history. Be prepared with any questions you may have.
Our [NYC IVF] nurse was very knowledgeable and caring she helped us through the process and trained on how to do all the shots...13K for IVF cycle ~3k for genetic testing of embryos Plus medications And visits ~$350. My insurance only payed for blood tests...[the] staff remembers you and you don't feel like a stranger when you walk in. Wait times are short. They work with you through anything..
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Dr. Elassar was always attentive and adjusted our treatment based on our medical history and my body's response. My body was not always cooperating but we had trust and we were listening to each other, the knowledge and experience she has is obvious. She clearly cares about her work and did what she could to get us the results we were looking for for so long. I found Dr. Elassar through this website and hope I could help here with my review. My advice, be open about your concerns and medical history. Be prepared with any questions you may have.
Dr. Elassar has a small clinic. This means that staff remembers you and you don't feel like a stranger when you walk in. Wait times are short and you get to see Dr. Elassar at most if not all of your appointments.
Describe your experience with your nurse at New York City IVF. (Assigned nurse: Tamar Badridze , RN )
Our nurse Tamar was very knowledgeable and caring she helped us through the process and trained on how to do all the shots. Dr. Elassar has a small clinic. This means that staff remembers you and you don't feel like a stranger when you walk in.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
Dr. Elassar has a small clinic. This means that staff remembers you and you don't feel like a stranger when you walk in. Wait times are short. They work with you through anything. She is very straight forward. We got pregnant from our first try with Dr. Elassar. Highly recommend. Best! Also, you will not be treated like a number which tends to happen in IVF clinics. She does all ultrasounds herself. You will always see her.

2021 - 2022, Successful
[Dr. Elassar] is very professional and knew all the answers to our questions, she is truly knowledgeable. Unlike other doctors we saw, she brought warmth and a sense of ease to us. She outlined a plan for us and was very straightforward and very kind...Trust Dr. Elassar, you're in good hands...Thanks to Dr. Elassar and the entire team we are now expecting a baby girl
The entire NYC IVF team was very helpful through the process, all email and phone calls were answered in a prompt manner...The clinic feels like a family doctor, they are very caring and warm. The waiting periods are very short and it makes it easy to go there. You feel at ease when you get to the clinic, the staff makes sure you are welcomed...They also helped us with some insurance questions we had which made our journey a bit easier.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Dr. Elassar and the NYC IVF team are amazing!. From the moment we first spoke with Dr. Elassar we knew we were in good hands. She is very professional and knew all the answers to our questions, she is truly knowledgeable. Unlike other doctors we saw, she brought warmth and a sense of ease to us. She outlined a plan for us and was very straightforward and very kind. The entire NYC IVF team was very helpful through the process, all email and phone calls were answered in a prompt manner. All the team deserves 5 stars from reception to the nurses which helped us through the medication process and explained in detail all questions we had. They also helped us with some insurance questions we had which made our journey a bit easier. During the visits, the staff was welcoming and we did not have to wait long periods which helped manage our rest of the day schedule. Thanks to Dr. Elassar and the entire team we are now expecting a baby girl and can’t thank the team enough, they are true professionals and would recommend to anyone that is going through the process of picking a doctor on the IVF journey. This team felt like a personalized, caring, and family team of professionals. They are the best at what they do!.
Trust Dr. Elassar, you're in good hands
Very caring of each individuals needs
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New York City IVF.
Nursing Staff were great, they always very attentive and knew what they were doing. They explained all questions we had in detail
2016 - 2022, Successful
[Dr. Alyaa Elassar is] so compassionate...always pays attention to details. I always feel like there can be 4 other patients with the same issue in that waiting room, but she treats each one different because she knows every person is built different...makes me feel like she is going to search from all angles to help me achieve my dream, while making sure I’m safe...It’s been a long journey from removing my tubes to egg retrieval. But that is what as been so comforting. I have never felt rushed.
[New York City IVF is] clean and organized. For something so stressful and sensitive that your going in for…they make you feel relaxed and cheerful when you walk in. I love how I can get everything done there in house...[nurse is] Always available. Responsive, even on days I didn’t expect her to respond...Dr. Elassar makes me feel like she is going to search from all angles to help me achieve my dream, while making sure I’m safe.
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
No one is perfect, but for me…this is as close to a super hero Dr. They come. Being and endocrinologist is hard. So many variables, but I have to say I cant imagine my journey of motherhood possible with anyone else. I have felt like she is always looking out for my health and safety first, while trying to give me what we so badly want. It’s been a long journey from removing my tubes to egg retrieval. But that is what as been so comforting. I have never felt rushed. She try’s to make things happen in the least invasive way before taking drastic steps like other Drs. Suggested. We still have ways to go, but this Dr. gives me hope. She works around my needs, she understands my life style and is so patient, which is key in something so time sensitive like these cycles. I trust her. And even if sometimes there are bumps on the road, I continue to trust and agree with the plan. She has in place for me.
Whatever ideas you created in your mind that a Endocrinologist is suppose to be…take that out of your mind. Dr. Elassar is a Dr., but she is also a Scientist. Sometimes non-cookie cutter Drs can intimidate us or make us quick to use the word weird, but if you genuinely walk in there with an open heart and open mind…I promise you’re gonna see this very gifted human.
She’s so compassionate. She always pays attention to details. I always feel like there can be 4 other patients with the same issue in that waiting room, but she treats each one different because she knows every person is built different. Unlike other offices where I felt like a dime a dozen, Dr. Elassar makes me feel like she is going to search from all angles to help me achieve my dream, while making sure I’m safe.
I’ve had several journeys with Dr. Elassar. From removing my tubes, which where clogged and probably going to cause more damage down the road, to egg retrieval and transfer, to flash forward now. Trying to conceived, but my uterus is just not responding to the medicine. I love that everything is always done strategically in a way that will give me a higher risk of success, but to persevere my health so she doesn’t have to put me through so much. My my IVF cycle went well. We were able to freeze 7 embryos which fast forward, are hoping to transfer one soon. The issue we are having is my lining is just not getting thick, but thanks to her monitor it so closely with blood work and ultrasounds…I know we are gonna find a way to make this happen.
Always available. Responsive, even on days I didn’t expect her to respond.
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
It’s clean and organized. For something so stressful and sensitive that your going in for…they make you feel relaxed and cheerful when you walk in. I love how I can get everything done there in house.
I do love that she explains all your options, while looking at the details of your health and age in wether a single or multiple is best for you.
LGBTQ+

2021 - 2022, Consult
LGBTQ+
She [Dr. Alyaa Elassar] is a very proficient doctor that can explain in detail the whole fertility treatment and all the options we have to accomplish the goal to become moms. It feels very safe to be her patient. Since the first day she has explained every detail of the process, answer all our questions in person and via email, gave us the whole escenario for each of us (me and my wife) and shared with all all the important information.
The [NYC IVF] location is perfect, the office is clean and well equipped m, the light is great which makes it feel like home. The offices are pretty comfortable and it is always clean. I absolutely recommend the clinic to everyone I can. Even the doorman is a nice person...the absolute best team . Absolutely responsive, responsible and compassionate
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
She is a very proficient doctor that can explain in detail the whole fertility treatment and all the options we have to accomplish the goal to become moms. It feels very safe to be her patient. Since the first day she has explained every detail of the process, answer all our questions in person and via email, gave us the whole escenario for each of us (me and my wife) and shared with all all the important information.
Recommend her to everyone since she is the best
She has been absolutely empathetic and receptive with all our needs and requetss
He are still I. The middle of the fertility treatment
They have been the absolute best team . Absolutely responsive, responsible and compassionate
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
The location is perfect, the office is clean and well equipped m, the light is great which makes it feel like home. The offices are pretty comfortable and it is always clean. I absolutely recommend the clinic to everyone I can. Even the doorman is a nice person
We are still in the process so the cost is not complete yet. However is about $4500 I think
No comments

2021 - 2022, 17 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Elassar taught me so much about my own body and the whole egg-retrieval process...Dr. Elassar has an excellent "bedside manner" and ensured that I understood everything and felt well-informed and realistic about my treatment...She saw me every visit and took the time to explain everything to me in detail and answer any questions...She was extremely non-judgmental and comes across as highly intelligent, professional, and extremely capable...
How was your experience with Alyaa Elassar at New York City IVF?
Dr. Elassar treated me with respect, compassion, and professionalism. She saw me every visit and took the time to explain everything to me in detail and answer any questions. Throughout the whole process, Dr. Elassar was very caring and made me feel very confident and optimistic about trusting my treatment with her and her team. She clearly cared about me having a good outcome and equipped me with the knowledge to get the best results. She was extremely non-judgmental and comes across as highly intelligent, professional, and extremely capable in her field. Dr. Elassar made me feel great about the whole process with kindness and transparency and I could not recommend her more!
Bring a notebook and pen to every visit to take notes. Dr. Elassar taught me so much about my own body and the whole egg-retrieval process that it's easy to feel a little overwhelmed or like you missed something. She and her team readily answered any questions and responded promptly over email but I wish I brought a notebook and pen to each visit to reference later.
Dr. Elassar and her entire team made me feel very comfortable and made my care feel very personalized. I saw them frequently throughout the process and they all remembered info about me and my treatment between appointments. Everyone was very caring and able to answer any questions I had about the process. Dr. Elassar has an excellent "bedside manner" and ensured that I understood everything and felt well-informed and realistic about my treatment.
For the egg-retrieval process, Dr. Elassar put me on a 10-day cycle of injections with the expectation to take a "trigger shot" on the tenth day and retrieve the eggs on the 12th day (I think exactly 36 hours later). The primary medication was Gonal f and Follistim (my insurance did not cover the Gonal f but she gave me some that had been donated free of charge). I also started using Ganirelex on Day 5 to prevent ovulation. Everything went according to Dr. Elassar's plan, the only thing in question was whether I would start Ganirelex on day 5 or 6 but based on my Estrogen levels she decided I should take it on the 5th day. The procedure went as well as I could have hoped and we successfully froze 17 eggs which is close to what Dr. Elassar predicted.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New York City IVF.
The nursing staff at NYC IVF was outstanding. Every visit the nurses were very kind, compassionate, and knowledgable about where I was in the process. They answered all my questions in detail and provided demonstrations for the injections, as well as a thorough explanation of the medications and process my body was going through. The nurses were also extremely attentive via email whenever I had a question they responded almost immediately. I felt very well cared for throughout the whole process!
Describe your experience with New York City IVF.
This clinic felt warm, inviting, clean, orderly, and professional. The interior of the office and all the exam rooms gave the clinic a "luxury" feel as opposed to a classic "Doctor's office" feel. There was privacy from other patients and a conference room for in-depth discussions outside of the exam room for comfort. I can't think of any weaknesses of the clinic itself.
To the best of my memory, the breakdown of the cost was as follows: $350 per doctor visit (approximately $2100), $8000 for the process including retrieval, and roughly $3800 for medications (including necessary refills), so altogether I believe I paid around $13900.
I did not ask about embryo transfer and that was not related to my procedure.