7.3

Traverse City
3899 W. Front St. Ste 1
Traverse City, MI 49684

2023 - 2024, Unsuccessful
Dr. Starostanko reviewed our records and quickly pushed us to IVF...was not available to us between in person appointments to answer any questions...did not feel that I could get answers to questions....did not feel that she adequately explained the results and provided options other than proceeding with IVF.
[IVF Michigan Fertility Centers] is very disorganized...have to advocate for yourself every step of the way...were not helpful in completing next steps and scheduling appropriately...authorization team did not complete paperwork for a prior authorization in a timely manner. Front office staff often do not have an answer to your question
How was your experience with Andrea Starostanko at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Dr. Starostanko reviewed our records and quickly pushed us to IVF. She was not available to us between in person appointments to answer any questions. I did not feel that I could get answers to questions. Instead, she interpreted results from testing and we only heard the recommendation for IVF from the nurse. I did not feel that she adequately explained the results and provided options other than proceeding with IVF.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Andrea Starostanko at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Learn to advocate for yourself and ask a lot of questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Andrea Starostanko at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
I felt that this physician jumped to recommending IVF very quickly. Her and the staff did not take the time to explain our options and pushed IVF which led me to feel like a 'number' that could bring in more money.
Describe the protocols Andrea Starostanko used in your cycles at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers and their degree of success.
The only procedure she completed was a saline sonogram.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
The interactions I had only included bloodwork and phone calls to answer questions and provide test results. They were not able to further explain results enough for us to understand the results as a non-fertility specialist.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
The clinic is very disorganized and you have to advocate for yourself every step of the way. They were not helpful in completing next steps and scheduling appropriately. The authorization team did not complete paperwork for a prior authorization in a timely manner. Front office staff often do not have an answer to your question without asking someone else.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Andrea Starostanko at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
They have not provided a statement, even over a month after the initial visit.
What specific things went wrong at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
Dr. Starostanko order a procedure in early December. This test was time sensitive to coincide with a particular time in my cycle. When I called to schedule, they only then told me that I needed prior authorization. The office should have completed prior auth when Dr. Starostanko ordered the procedure instead of waiting until we attempted to schedule. This resulted in me deciding to complete the procedure without a definitive determination from my insurance.

2023, Successful
Dr. Starostanko is truly the best doctor I’ve had...is extremely empathetic, as she too experienced infertility and IVF...makes sure I feel heard...has incredible bedside manners...had me stimulate with gonal f and menopur, along with cetrotide...triggered with leuprolide because I was at risk for OHSS
[IVF Michigan Fertility Centers is] extremely organized and knowledgeable. They pride themselves on great care of their patients. They’re empathetic and thorough. I always feel so comfortable in the clinic...Alexis and Jenny are so compassionate...always welcomed us into the office with open arms...are genuine in their care.
Dr. Starostanko is truly the best doctor I’ve had. If I could have her for all of my specialties I would. She is extremely empathetic, as she too experienced infertility and IVF. She makes sure I feel heard. She has incredible bedside manners. I’ve never trusted a medical professional more. I truly don’t have any negative comments.
Be open and honest. She is very honorable in your wishes and care.
I felt like a human because she took all of the time in the world to make sure I felt heard and understood. She is detailed and gentle.
Dr. Starostanko had me stimulate with gonal f and menopur, along with cetrotide. I triggered with leuprolide because I was at risk for OHSS. She took such great care in preventing OHSS (successfully). Retrieval produced great results. 20 eggs, 15 mature, 14 fertilized, 9 embryos. Transfer protocol included estrogen, progesterone in oil, lovenox and prednisone. We transferred 1 embryo which resulted in a successful pregnancy!
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Michigan Fertility Centers. (Assigned nurse: Alexis and Jenny)
Both Alexis and Jenny are so compassionate. They always welcomed us into the office with open arms. They are genuine in their care. They formed relationships with us that we are so grateful for.
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
This is one of the best clinics I’ve been to. They’re extremely organized and knowledgeable. They pride themselves on great care of their patients. They’re empathetic and thorough. I always feel so comfortable in the clinic.
Total costs so far have been about 25,000. However, they are great with offering payment plans, discounts etc.
Bloomfield Hills

2023, Unknown Success
Donor Sperm With Other Docs
Dr. Starostanko is incredibly knowledgeable...treats me with respect...never felt like a bother to her with questions...never felt like just a number to her...is professional, compassionate, and extremely knowledgeable...are using donor sperm...took the time to explain every step to me
[IVF Michigan Fertility Centers at] the front desk staff, the billing department, and the embryology department have been amazing...only problem I have had is the lack of communication and organization with the nurses...You can never speak directly to a nurse on the phone unless they call you
Dr. Starostanko is incredibly knowledgeable and I feel like I am in the best hands with her. She treats me with respect. I have never felt like a bother to her with questions. I have never felt like just a number to her. I truly feel like she wants success for me as much as I do for myself. She is professional, compassionate, and extremely knowledgeable. I couldn’t ask for anything else in a fertility doctor!
She is worth dealing with the clinic, stick it out for her!
Dr. Starostanko took the time to explain every step to me and has always been available to answer any questions I have throughout my process!
I am in the early stages of my IVF. But I will be doing the usual protocol. We are using donor sperm so that’s the only difference in our case
I have had a very difficult time getting in contact with the nurses at the office. You can never speak directly to a nurse on the phone unless they call you
Describe your experience with IVF Michigan Fertility Centers.
Overall, the doctor, the front desk staff, the billing department, and the embryology department have been amazing. The only problem I have had is the lack of communication and organization with the nurses
My IVF with PGT-A testing will be $25,000 without cost of medications