6.5
6.5

LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

Good

U of California Irvine
U of Chicago
Northwestern Medicine

Dana McQueen works in 1 office at

150 Spear Street
San Francisco, CA 94105

2023, Successful
Dr. McQueen was/is very knowledgeable...how quick the response times were, even after hours and on weekends...would like to have seen her more often during some of my visits but I understand she's constantly in demand...Her "bedside" manner was good...She's the reason why I'm a mother now.
Strengths [of RMA of Northern California]: Effective communication, quick response times, don't make you wait or treat you like a number, in house lab = faster processing times (a HUGE plus) Weaknesses: no online portal for blood work, results...Alizea and team were good...let me know how and when to inject the hormones and did training on such
How was your experience with Dana McQueen at RMA of Northern California?
Dr. McQueen was/is very knowledgeable and knows the world of IVF and all it's intricacies. At the time I was in IVF with her, I was constantly doing my own research and in IVF groups listening to other people's experiences and stories. I had a lot of questions for Dr. McQueen about some of the differences in protocol that other people were trying in their IVF cycles, and Dr. McQueen would explain why and when those differences were necessary and if or when they would apply to me and under what circumstances. My favorite part about this entire experience was just how quick the response times were, even after hours and on weekends. Dr. McQueen did not falter or hesitate with information and explaining the plan of action, it seemed as if she knew exactly what the plan was inside and out and didn't have to research or think twice before confirming with me. My only feedback is that there were some pieces of information I didn't know or weren't explained to me that I had to dig to find out through online searching (like info regarding embryo ratings, a 3-day egg vs. a 5-day egg and why one is used over the other, why exactly some of my embryos were discarded, etc). I would like to have seen her more often during some of my visits but I understand she's constantly in demand and it makes sense why she only saw me for the big things and not the check-ins. All in all, I would see Dr. McQueen again in a heartbeat if we decide for another bebe. She's the reason why I'm a mother now.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Dana McQueen at RMA of Northern California?
1. Do your research and bring your questions 2. Take notes -- it's not all going to make sense at first. 3. If something doesn't make sense, don't be afraid to ask. You can't go wrong with any of the doctors at RMA SF, and Dr. McQueen is no exception.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Dana McQueen at RMA of Northern California?
Doctor McQueen's response time was incredibly fast, she did not leave me hanging when I would ask questions through the app and never left me feeling like she was too busy or too important to respond to me in a thorough manner. In the beginning of the IVF scheduling, my insurance dropped the ball and I sent a message to Dr. McQueen about being upset, not knowing it was my insurance's fault, and she consoled me and messaged my husband to check in on him and let him know that this process can be stressful. Her "bedside" manner was good.
Describe the protocols Dana McQueen used in your cycles at RMA of Northern California and their degree of success.
My IVF protocol went something like this: Day 1 - The first day of the IVF cycle marked by having a period Day 3 - Follistim/gonal is started + Menopur started, injected in abdomen. Both of these are injected for 10 days to 12 days. Day 10 - ultrasound to check egg growth. If we need a few more days then we inject Cetrotide to prevent early ovulation. Trigger shot: this was around day 14 or so — two medications leuprolide and HCG dual trigger. Doctors will tell you exactly what day and hour in the evening to inject this - about 48-72 hours before egg retrieval. And I was personally on Lovenox along with this protocol. During this protocol, there were multiple visits to the IVF clinic where ultrasounds and blood work were done often.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California. (Assigned nurse: Alizea Hernandez Perez)
Alizea and team were good, they let me know how and when to inject the hormones and did training on such (had a choice between in person or online)
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
Strengths: Effective communication, quick response times, don't make you wait or treat you like a number, in house lab = faster processing times (a HUGE plus) Weaknesses: no online portal for blood work, results, have to sign a waiver to get your own medical records and lab work
Describe the costs associated with your care under Dana McQueen at RMA of Northern California.
Paid copay ~$4,500 for first batch of injections out of pocket. Rest was covered by insurance.The bill including medications, testing, transfer, procedures, etc was somewhere in the range of ~$25,000-$30,000 I believe, give or take.
2023, Successful
Dr. McQueen truly cares about her patients and their outcomes...was really invested in our success...communicated via Spruce (their messaging app) and called when needed...always felt personally cared for...was willing to change course or recommend other options...was paying attention to the details of my treatment and personally making recommendations
can't say enough good things about RMA Northern California. I flew across the country to work with them...patient centric...truly liked every person I met...everyone was on a team...biggest strength of this office is their communication...Sophia was such a rockstar nurse! She was incredibly organized, responsive, and kind
How was your experience with Dana McQueen at RMA of Northern California?
Dr. McQueen truly cares about her patients and their outcomes. During the course of our treatment, I felt like she was really invested in our success. So often, I feel like its extremely difficult to actually talk with a doctor or get any of their time. Our experience with Dr. McQueen was the exact opposite. She communicated via Spruce (their messaging app) and called when needed. I was never left waiting for answers or wondering if anyone would get back to me. I know she probably has a lot of patients but I always felt personally cared for. Another really important factor for me was that she was willing to change course or recommend other options. It's clear that there isn't just one playbook - Dr. McQueen was paying attention to the details of my treatment and personally making recommendations that ultimately resulted in a successful pregnancy.
Don't hesitate to ask questions or get clarification. I never once felt like a burden and I always got a full explanation that I felt confident in.
We found Dr. McQueen after a long struggle with recurrent pregnancy loss. We live outside Washington DC and assumed we would easily find a fertility clinic that could help us diagnose the cause of our issues and guide us through the IVF process. Unfortunately, after meeting with two clinics in our area, we were shocked at how impersonal and cold the process seemed. I found Dr. McQueen through listening to podcasts and googling experts in this field. From the first time we met over a telehealth appointment, I felt cared for, heard, and understood. She was extremely knowledgeable and answered all my questions. I felt fully confident that she was the doctor we needed to work with and we decided to fly across the country for treatment. It was the best decision we could have ever made! Dr. McQueen was available and communicative (as is the entire team and nursing staff at RMA). This process can be stressful and I always felt like she fully answered all of our questions and got back to us so quickly. It felt like she was the quarterback of our fertility journey and I could just focus on going through the treatments. It was honestly such a relief after several years of struggling to find the right team and fit.
For the first retrieval we did a natural start. We tried estrogen priming for the second retrieval and also added in HGH. This helped immensely with my follicles growing more evenly and this is the retrieval that resulted in our pregnancy! I found her to be thoughtful in understanding how my body reacted during the first cycle and then implementing changes as needed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California. (Assigned nurse: Sophia)
Sophia was such a rockstar nurse! She was incredibly organized, responsive, and kind. Being an out of state patient comes with its challenges and she went above and beyond to help me. She did all of the research and helped me find a location to do remote monitoring in my area. She also helped me figure out all of the logistics like when I needed to fly out and changing timing for meds, etc. Like Dr. McQueen, I felt like she was really on my team. Her communication was always perfect - she never made a mistake and I always had whatever I needed well in advance. She went the extra mile on things like calling to double check I had all of the meds I needed or making sure I didn't have any questions about the trigger. When Sophia wasn't available or out of office, the communications with the other nurses were also seamless. Because of Spruce, it always felt like everyone had all of the information they needed. I wasn't worried that something would get lost in translation or the shuffle. This really lets you just be a patient and not feel like you have to manage all of the behind the scenes details.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
I can't say enough good things about RMA Northern California. I flew across the country to work with them so I guess that speaks for itself! If I had to describe it in one word it would be - patient centric. I met most of the doctors there through different ultrasound appts and retrievals and I truly liked every person I met. It just felt like everyone was on a team and valued their patients. I think the biggest strength of this office is their communication. I've seen a lot of doctors on this journey and I've never experienced such a responsive environment (whether it be in the office or over Spruce).
I had insurance coverage and just paid for genetic testing.

2023, Unsuccessful
Dr. McQueen was very personable and informative at our initial consultation and was receptive to my requests for my fertility treatment. I only saw her that one time and she was hoping to be present for my egg retrieval but it was cancelled because I ovulated on my own... She was very sympathetic and available for us to talk through our concerns and advocated for us. She discussed how she would change the protocol in a future cycle to avoid a cancelled cycle.
RMA is great with proactive, timely communication. Everyone is very friendly and compassionate. It was more difficult to connect with the finance department in a timely manner but we were always contacted back. We’ve had a great overall experience so far...Dr. McQueen was very personable and informative at our initial consultation and was receptive to my requests for my fertility treatment...She listened to me when I asked for less medications and answered all of our questions.
How was your experience with Dana McQueen at RMA of Northern California?
Dr. McQueen was very personable and informative at our initial consultation and was receptive to my requests for my fertility treatment. I only saw her that one time and she was hoping to be present for my egg retrieval but it was cancelled because I ovulated on my own. I was not prepared for this at all and she said this was the first time it happened to her in her five years of practice, although she was aware of it, based on colleagues’ experiences. She was very sympathetic and available for us to talk through our concerns and advocated for us. She discussed how she would change the protocol in a future cycle to avoid a cancelled cycle.
As with any doctor, ask lots of questions and advocate for what you need. You know your body best!
Dr. McQueen is a compassionate and thoughtful doctor. I requested a test for endometriosis because of a suspected diagnosis and she worked with me and did a complete early pregnancy loss panel and outlined all of the contributing factors to early pregnancy loss. She listened to me when I asked for less medications and answered all of our questions.
Dr. McQueen primed me for my cycle with low dose estrogen (estrace). I then started follistim and menopur and added in ganirelix part way through the cycle. My cycle was cancelled due to ovulation. She said in a future cycle she would start early with Lupron to prevent ovulation, increase the dosage of follistim and monitor my LH levels more closely.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California. (Assigned nurse: Hanna)
Hanna was very proactive and detailed in her communication. Great overall experience.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
The egg retrieval part of the IVF cycle cost just under, $17,000, not including medications. Medications cost $3400. Gratefully, the finance department, I believe with the support and advocacy of Dr. McQueen, refunded us for the whole cycle because of the cancelled retrieval and we just had to pay for the meds.
Describe Dana McQueen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Northern California.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of Northern California?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Northern California.
I don’t actually know if the egg retrieval was cancelled due to clinic error or not. If my LH levels were monitored earlier on in the cycle, it’s possible that the cancellation could have been prevented, but not all of my follicles were mature. Knowing my advanced maternal age and that I told my doctor that I often ovulate earlier could have been a signal to start with a different protocol but this was my first IVF cycle so it’s possible that my body just overrode the protocol and the doctor learned from that and is able to adjust the protocol for next time.

2022 - 2023, Unknown Success
Dr. McQueen spent as much time as needed to answer all of my questions...She's so cheery and kind, and was patient with all of my questions on Spruce and in-person. She was upfront about the statistics, success rates, and risks, and was even thoughtful about the fact that we were paying out-of-pocket and found some small ways we could reduce our costs. At first, we were deciding between IUI and IVF because I was intimidated by how invasive IVF would be, and Dr. McQueen patiently talked through the tradeoffs without being pushy in any way...
the clinic [RMA of Northern California] is open 24/7 and monitoring starts as early as 7am. They were flexible to start retrievals and transfers whenever I wanted (we even timed the transfer for the exact date I wanted). Communication and responsiveness were fantastic -- we could always get a response on Spruce, even at 10pm at night from the on-call doctor. We had clear instructions on medications and for each procedure. I didn't necessarily see my doctor on every monitoring visit, but I actually liked that since it was way easier to fit appointments into my work schedule way easier...
How was your experience with Dana McQueen at RMA of Northern California?
I had an amazing experience with Dr. McQueen. She's so cheery and kind, and was patient with all of my questions on Spruce and in-person. She was upfront about the statistics, success rates, and risks, and was even thoughtful about the fact that we were paying out-of-pocket and found some small ways we could reduce our costs. At first, we were deciding between IUI and IVF because I was intimidated by how invasive IVF would be, and Dr. McQueen patiently talked through the tradeoffs without being pushy in any way. The whole journey was so smooth and I ended up pregnant much sooner than I had allowed myself to expect at the beginning.
Do your own research too, so you can come prepared with questions. She'll patiently answer them and ensure you're comfortable.
Dr. McQueen spent as much time as needed to answer all of my questions... and I had a lot of them! I felt she really cared about me, even though my protocols themselves were pretty straightforward.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California.
Overall I had a great experience with the nursing staff. Especially blood draws -- I usually have a terrible time with blood draws (multiple sticks, bruising) and every single blood draw with the RMA staff was successful on the first try. Nurses were also friendly and warm. The only issue I had was with my initial primary nurse, who gave me incorrect medication instructions over Spruce multiple times. Fortunately, Dr McQueen quickly corrected it each time and I believe this nurse is no longer with RMA. These are pretty serious mistakes, and I think RMA did a good job of quickly resolving this. My primary nurse after that was great - responsive, knowledgable, and detail-oriented.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
RMA provided the best medical experience I've ever had. I love that the clinic is open 24/7 and monitoring starts as early as 7am. They were flexible to start retrievals and transfers whenever I wanted (we even timed the transfer for the exact date I wanted). Communication and responsiveness were fantastic -- we could always get a response on Spruce, even at 10pm at night from the on-call doctor. We had clear instructions on medications and for each procedure. I didn't necessarily see my doctor on every monitoring visit, but I actually liked that since it was way easier to fit appointments into my work schedule way easier. Everyone I met was kind and warm, and it was almost enjoyable to go in each time. The location was also very convenient - right next to BART, important given how often I was going! My only (small) gripes: 1. Morning monitoring visits can get busy. It was hard to know whether I should plan for a 30min wait or no wait, and just made scheduling a little trickier. 2. Billing. The billing department called me a couple times telling me I had an overdue payment when I hadn't even received a bill. I did need to pay for a visit, so call me petty, but I didn't like being told it was overdue when I had already been asking for a bill and it wasn't getting sent. Overall, I had a fantastic experience with RMA and would 100% be back.
Our out-of-pocket cost was ~$26k for one round of egg retrieval, including meds and PGT testing, and ~$5k for one transfer including meds. They did a good job explaining the costs upfront so we knew what to expect.
Dr McQueen only talked to us about transferring a singleton. I didn't consider multiple at all.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of Northern California?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Northern California.
As mentioned earlier, I had an issue with my initial nurse who gave me incorrect medication instructions that the doctor quickly corrected. I'm glad the situation was resolved quickly.

2023, Successful
The [RMA of Northern California] clinic was very organized and welcoming. There were one or two times that the schedule was backed up and I had to wait for a while for my appointment (once I had to wait over an hour) but usually they were on time...The nurses as a whole were very organized and skillful. I always felt like I was in good hands. And they were always great at getting back to my questions over the Spruce App.
How was your experience with Dana McQueen at RMA of Northern California?
Dr McQueen was very straightforward with me. She answered all of my questions clearly and provided useful resources when I asked for them. Especially being able to use the Spruce app, I was always able to ask my questions and get a response within one day, which was really wonderful. She was also great with the physical aspects of my care. I never felt uncomfortable or unsafe with her during my procedures. She always let me know when she needed to touch me, what she was doing with the tools, and what sensations I should expect. A total professional and a total mensch!
If you have questions, just ask them!
Dr McQueen was alway cheerful and present when we met. I know that she is a busy doctor, but she took the time to chat a bit and make me feel comfortable - I never felt rushed in our meetings. She also wasn't too much. Some folks try too hard at their bedside manner and it can feel disingenuous - I always felt like Dr McQueen was just being real with me :)
For my egg retrieval, I used Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix, Pregnyl, and Leuprolide. I had a very uneventful experience with the medications, and procedure itself was very simple and painless for me. I didn't even have much spotting after the retrieval. We were able to retrieve 12 eggs, of which all 12 fertilized, but only three made it to the blastocyst stage. And after PGT (?) testing, only one of the three was viable. Dr McQueen kept me updated throughout the process. I had an IUD which Dr McQueen removed for me. but then periods can be irregular in the short term after that. I missed my first window for my frozen embryo transfer because my period didn't come, and we started the FET medication for the next cycle, but my period was so heavy that Dr McQueen recommended that we wait until the next one. (Probably was a good thing too because that period lasted about two weeks and was heavy like nothing I have experienced before.) For the next (and final) cycle, I started with estrogen at the beginning of my period, and added Progesterone in Oil injections after about 2 weeks. At Dr McQueen's recommendation, I purchased an auto-injector to help with the injections (I have no partner to help with them) and it helped get me used to the sensation. By the end of my ~6 week run of injections I could do it all by myself without the tool. A few days after I started the PIO injections, I had my FET with Dr McQueen. It went smoothly and quickly (except that I drank possibly too much water before the proceedure!). After that, I had a few follow-up appointments with Dr McQueen to make sure everything was progressing as expected, which it was, and I am now 10 weeks pregnant!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California. (Assigned nurse: Vanessa H)
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
The clinic was very organized and welcoming. There were one or two times that the schedule was backed up and I had to wait for a while for my appointment (once I had to wait over an hour) but usually they were on time.
The egg retrieval / "IVF Freeze-all" / “Retrieval plus Hatching”) was $16,840. The Frozen Embryo Transfer was $4,620.
This question was irrelevant for me because I only had one embryo to transfer.

2022 - 2023, Successful
Dr. McQueen exceeded our expectations in every way in our IVF journey. She was kind, courteous, supportive, communicative, and always gave us her time and attention. She never made us feel rushed or forgotten. She was honest and always compassionate in her recommendations, even when the news was not what we wanted to hear. She called us personally with hard news as well as the best news...And she went above and beyond in every interaction. We had 3 doctors before Dr. McQueen and they pale in comparison to her treatment of us as fellow humans.
The [RMA of Northern California] clinic is clean and organized and peaceful. I chose RMA based on the first time I called the clinic and how the front desk admin spoke to me and treated me. She was kind and courteous and gave me her time and attention...She was friendly and bright. And I found that these qualities were maintained in all staff at RMA- whether at the front desk or back in the clinic. The only weakness I encountered was in billing. It took some time to get answers for billing questions. However, when I asked about this they let me know that they were short-staffed in that department and were working on hiring more people. And they were apologetic and kind about their delay.
How was your experience with Dana McQueen at RMA of Northern California?
Dr. McQueen exceeded our expectations in every way in our IVF journey. She was kind, courteous, supportive, communicative, and always gave us her time and attention. She never made us feel rushed or forgotten. She was honest and always compassionate in her recommendations, even when the news was not what we wanted to hear. She called us personally with hard news as well as the best news. We wish we would have started with RMA and Dr. McQueen as much of our early journey was made all the more difficult by untrustworthy doctors with terrible bedside manner. We cannot recommend Dr. McQueen enough.
If you have a question: ask! Don't feel stupid and don't feel ashamed. Dr. McQueen will never make you feel judged or criticized.
Dr. McQueen always responded quickly and personally to my questions and communications. She knew our story and remembered our situation each time we interacted with us. She checked in often to see how I was feeling and doing and if I had any questions. She acknowledged the difficulty of our journey and was always sensitive to the rollercoaster that is IVF. She was supportive at every turn. And she went above and beyond in every interaction. We had 3 doctors before Dr. McQueen and they pale in comparison to her treatment of us as fellow humans.
We used a donor. The donor did two egg retrievals using a drug protocol of Gonal-F, Menopur, Cetrotide, and Pregnyl for the first retrieval. For the second retrieval we added Omnitrope. For the first retrieval the donor was placed on birth control to control when the retrieval would happen. For the second retrieval Dr. McQueen suggested we follow the donor's natural cycle. For both retrievals, once embryos were mature, they were frozen and we did genetic testing. I did an embryo transfer with the one embryo we had procured from the first donor egg retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California. (Assigned nurse: Liz Sunseri and Hanna Futterman)
Both Liz and Hanna were timely in their responses and thorough in their instruction. I felt supported and cared for. And I trusted that they would guide me from step to step and answer my questions completely and honestly.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
The clinic is clean and organized and peaceful. I chose RMA based on the first time I called the clinic and how the front desk admin spoke to me and treated me. She was kind and courteous and gave me her time and attention fully without making me feel like I was an inconvenience to her day. She was friendly and bright. And I found that these qualities were maintained in all staff at RMA- whether at the front desk or back in the clinic. The only weakness I encountered was in billing. It took some time to get answers for billing questions. However, when I asked about this they let me know that they were short-staffed in that department and were working on hiring more people. And they were apologetic and kind about their delay.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of Northern California.
We were out of state so our monitoring appointments were with a different clinic.
$6500
Dr. McQueen only transferred one embryo.
LGBTQ+

Donor Sperm With Other Docs
LGBTQ+
Dr. McQueen was an energetic, positive, and confident doctor. She was knowledgeable about the IVF process, and seemed very comfortable with all the procedures and treatments that were done. This was our first time doing IVF, so we didn't know much about anything! I appreciated how she didn't shy away from providing realistic expectations when things were uncertain in the early pregnancy days...seemed genuinely engaged and committed to my care, from start to the positive pregnancy test
Communication was BY FAR the #1 strength about RMA. The Spruce App and their ability to promptly respond (even after hours) was truly amazing. This is such a crazy and stressful process and having that immediate response is just gold...the waiting area, reception desk, ambiance, general vibe, was really nice. It felt like a spa...Sophia and all of the nurses who covered for her were prompt, informative, and very kind in all of their communication.
How was your experience with Dana McQueen at RMA of Northern California?
Dr. McQueen was an energetic, positive, and confident doctor. She was knowledgeable about the IVF process, and seemed very comfortable with all the procedures and treatments that were done. This was our first time doing IVF, so we didn't know much about anything! I appreciated how she didn't shy away from providing realistic expectations when things were uncertain in the early pregnancy days (we couldn't quite yet see the yolk sac very clearly, which was initially unsettling, but turned out that it was just a little early and everything was fine at the next visit). The sweetest part was that she seemed genuinely invested in our outcome and almost as excited as we were when confirmed the pregnancy. She took our personal preferences and questions (we had a lot) into careful consideration and never made us feel bad when we brought up any concerns or fears. She was all-around a solid doctor, and I'd recommend her to anyone interested in IVF.
Don't feel silly asking her questions.
Dr McQueen seemed genuinely engaged and committed to my care, from start to the positive pregnancy test. The Spruce app allowed us to "text" in a casual but professional way and Dr McQueen communicated with us in a very natural way.
Dr McQueen acknowledged concerns I had about my sensitivity to medications and adjusted my dosage for IVF stim meds to a smaller one (without judgement). The stim meds worked fine (She snagged 19 eggs in the retrieval!).
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California. (Assigned nurse: Sophia Parsons)
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
Communication was BY FAR the #1 strength about RMA. The Spruce App and their ability to promptly respond (even after hours) was truly amazing. This is such a crazy and stressful process and having that immediate response is just gold. At the other clinic, sometimes we'd have to wait 1-2 days for answers to basic questions and it was all funneled through one case manager. I liked the doctor but I rarely spoke directly to them (it was always on their terms). Also, the waiting area, reception desk, ambiance, general vibe, was really nice. It felt like a spa.

2022 - 2023, Successful
I loved working with Dr. McQueen. She was very upbeat and optimistic, which is something I needed during this process after having gone through two miscarriages last year (before I decided to try IVF). My body responded really well to the treatment, and she was very thorough in explaining each step along the way...super responsive throughout the process. She would often message me back after hours and even wished me good luck on my first night of injections...
The clinic [RMA of Northern California] is run like a well-oiled machine. From scheduling to lab draws to actual procedures, everything was on time for the most part. I think the team was very positive and welcoming...Everyone was super responsive through the Spruce app. I have nothing but positive things to say about their communication and care throughout such an intensive process...Insurance did not cover our treatment, so from beginning to end, it cost about $28k to have a live current pregnancy, and that included all the medications we had to buy...
How was your experience with Dana McQueen at RMA of Northern California?
Get extra clarity about when you need a specific medication, so you don't over-order or under-order medications. Alto Pharmacy offers same-day delivery, and I didn't realize how last-minute I could make an order and still get it in time for my treatment.
Dr. McQueen was extremely helpful. She explained everything thoroughly and was super responsive throughout the process. She would often message me back after hours and even wished me good luck on my first night of injections.
We decided with Dr. McQueen to go for IVF the same night as our consultation because it was perfect timing in our cycle. We went straight for injections, and my body responded well to treatment to the point that I had my egg retrieval on the earlier side. It was very helpful to have a doctor with such a positive attitude from beginning to end.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California. (Assigned nurse: Liz)
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
The clinic is run like a well-oiled machine. From scheduling to lab draws to actual procedures, everything was on time for the most part. I think the team was very positive and welcoming, and I really can't think of any weaknesses. My main piece of advice is related to medication and just confirming the exact timing of when you need everything so you don't over-order. I run a bit anxious, so I ordered more than I needed at times.
2 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. McQueen was always available to answer questions, whether via Spruce, phone, or at our appointments. She always seemed to remember our specific details, was on top of all follow-up information, and just genuinely seemed to fight for us...We liked her bedside manner, her ability to answer all our questions, and to admit when she had made a mistake (there weren't very many!)...Although Dr. McQueen is great at answering questions, she is busy. So always be prepared with your own research ahead of time so that you can follow along with the action plan and can ask appropriate questions.
This clinic [RMA of Norther California] is a well-oiled machine and everyone is well-trained and very communicative. A few things we wish we knew - we had to come very prepared as they don't always give you all the information upfront, we didn't know we wouldn't see our doctor at certain appointments (bloodwork, etc) - if we had known, we would have gone to the RMA location closer to home...We interacted with quite a few nurses and staff and all were excellent - friendly, quick responses with great explanations, nice bedside manner, etc.
How was your experience with Dana McQueen at RMA of Northern California?
Both my husband and I had specimen preserved (separately) at outside clinics. We did not end up needing my husband's and it seemed like my specimen were not going to be accepted at RMA. Dr. McQueen fought for us to have my frozen eggs transferred over and from then, we completely trusted her. We liked her bedside manner, her ability to answer all our questions, and to admit when she had made a mistake (there weren't very many!)
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of Northern California.
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
This clinic is a well-oiled machine and everyone is well-trained and very communicative. A few things we wish we knew - we had to come very prepared as they don't always give you all the information upfront, we didn't know we wouldn't see our doctor at certain appointments (bloodwork, etc) - if we had known, we would have gone to the RMA location closer to home.
90% covered by insurance
We discussed single vs multiple embryo transfer, however, the decision really was always single embryo transfer from both sides.
2022 - 2023, 25 Eggs Frozen
Dr. McQueen is an incredible communicator. She's very responsive and speaks clearly and with plenty of humor, remembered me as an individual, asked detailed questions about my life that she remembered from previous visits and made me feel respected, informed, comfortable and happy...She does not try to people please, she just does this naturally. She is incredibly knowledgable but speaks human not doctor, VERY responsive, takes the right things seriously and left me feeling confident and calm.
[RMA of Norther California showed] kindness, amazing communication, technology that helped make things more efficient, flexible to make things easier on patient, always willing to help, went out of their way to remove barriers, responsive, clean, timely, great tea and coffee...[nurses are] helpful, kind, responsive...Dr. McQueen is an incredible communicator. She's very responsive and speaks clearly and with plenty of humor, remembered me as an individual, asked detailed questions about my life that she remembered from previous visits and made me feel respected, informed, comfortable and happy.
How was your experience with Dana McQueen at RMA of Northern California?
Dr. McQeen lives up to the Queen in her name. She does not try to people please, she just does this naturally. She is incredibly knowledgable but speaks human not doctor, VERY responsive, takes the right things seriously and left me feeling confident and calm.
Trust her. If you have issues bring them to her directly right away, don't stew on anything, no need. If anything is confusing, ask for help.
she tried estrogen priming the second time and switched up the meds and the result improved in a great way! I took this as she listened and learned from my body and thought of ways it could go even better the second round
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Northern California. (Assigned nurse: Alazaya )
helpful, kind, responsive
Describe your experience with RMA of Northern California.
kindness, amazing communication, technology that helped make things more efficient, flexible to make things easier on patient, always willing to help, went out of their way to remove barriers, responsive, clean, timely, great tea and coffee!!
around 7-8k per time with a 10% discount for the second round