9.7

Cornell

David Reichman works in 1 office at

255 Greenwich Street, Suite 540

2024, Successful
after my initial appointment [Dr. David Reichman] actually listened to me, and diagnosed me...29 year old with reoccurring losses, I underwent a D&C which resulted in Ashermans Syndrome...performed one hysteroscopy and was able to clear me of all uterine adhesions...was easily accessible throughout my course of treatment....not only an exceptional surgeon, but a really kind/cool guy
[Weill Cornell Medical College] is clean, friendly, and very organized. I was always treated with kindness and compassion, the nurses saw me quickly and I never waited past my appointment times. The receptionists are responsive and very helpful...Christine was always available to me...responded to my emails within hours...scheduled appointments/triaged exceptionally.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I’m a 29 year old with reoccurring losses, I underwent a D&C which resulted in Ashermans Syndrome. I saw two previous Reproductive Endocrinologists who refused imaging for months to diagnose me meanwhile I was in intense cyclical pain. I contacted Dr. Reichman’s office and was able to have a consult with him, after my initial appointment he actually listened to me, and diagnosed me. I trusted him and his expertise so much I traveled 5 hours each way to receive care from him. He performed one hysteroscopy and was able to clear me of all uterine adhesions, this is a reflection of his surgical skill and experience. My follow up was easily scheduled, and he was easily accessible throughout my course of treatment. I would fully recommend Dr. Reichman to any and every woman experiencing the same struggle, and will praise him to everyone I know. He is not only an exceptional surgeon, but a really kind/cool guy. I feel lucky to have found him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
He is realistic about expectations, ask all the questions because he’s always ready to answer them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman was very thorough with realistic expectations, he remembered little things about me as a person and about my case. I truly felt like he took the extra steps to ensure a trusting patient/provider relationship was built.
Describe the protocols David Reichman used in your cycles at Weill Cornell Medical College and their degree of success.
Hysteroscopy with lysis of adhesions, hormone therapy, balloon insertion, saline infusion sonogram. All were effective
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine )
Christine was always available to me, the entire nursing team truly was. They responded to my emails within hours, and scheduled appointments/triaged exceptionally.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The clinic is clean, friendly, and very organized. I was always treated with kindness and compassion, the nurses saw me quickly and I never waited past my appointment times. The receptionists are responsive and very helpful.

2020 - 2023, Successful
Dr. Reichman is amazing...is always so patient with me, listened to my concerns and talked through important decisions with me...helped me get pregnant with my first child, now 2.5 years old, via IUI....would call me personally anytime an important decision about my care needed to made
care at Cornell was amazing...care team is unbelievable...staff are exceptional...they really have a genuine interest in your care...appts always ran smoothly and I was never waiting to see the doctor for more than 5-10 min...administrators helped organize all the insurance approvals so everything was easy on me.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is amazing. I trust him completely and that is not something I say easily about doctors. He is always so patient with me, listened to my concerns and talked through important decisions with me. He would call me personally anytime an important decision about my care needed to made. He also personalized my IVF injection regimen and would adjust course when necessary based on my monitoring appts and blood tests. I could always tell he really cared about my outcome and wanted to help me get to where I wanted/needed to be. I cannot say enough great things about this doctor and nearly cried when it was time to leave him to see my OB.
Talk through all your questions and concerns, he will give you honest and knowledgeable information. Trust his opinion.
Dr. Reichman and his staff are exceptional. He was always personally involved in all the decisions made in my care and made it a point to call me himself anytime there was news to share or important decisions that needed to be made. My IVF regimen was personalized, and adjusted throughout my treatment based on monitoring a blood tests. Dr. Reichman always takes the time to make sure all your questions are answered, he is very thorough, and will share his honest opinion with you in a gentle and caring way. I truly cannot say enough amazing things about him and his staff.
After multiple miscarriages before seeing a fertility specialist, Dr. Reichman helped me get pregnant with my first child, now 2.5 years old, via IUI. My first few IUI resulted in negative pregnancy tests. We were considering moving to IVF but Reichman recommended we try IUI with clomid for one cycle to increase my chances and I got pregnant with my son! Forever grateful to Dr. Reichman. In 2023 I went back to Dr. Reichman after struggling with 2 more miscarriages following the birth of my son. We decided to start with an IVF cycle. I had a standard egg retrieval protocol and ended up with 5 healthy embryos. Reichman wanted us to have genetic testing for the embryos because he suspected my miscarriages were caused by genetically abnormal embryos. We attempted a natural cycle for the transfer, but my progesterone levels came back not as expected so we cancelled the transfer. That is when Dr. Reichman suggested we try for a medicated transfer the following cycle. I was hesitant because I hate shots but I knew the odds were slightly better and he felt this was my best chance for success, so I took his advice and on we went. We started with my medicated cycle and I had a particularly hard time with the progesterone shots. Dr. Reichman put me on a personalized regimen with progesterone shots and suppositories so I could space the shots out every 2-3 days. This was often being changed based on my monitoring and blood tests, which he personally monitored with his amazing nurse, Christine. I’m now almost 10 weeks pregnant and am eternally grateful I listened to Reichman’s recommendation and moved forward with the medicated transfer. He has never steered me wrong.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine)
The staff at Dr. Reichman’s office is next level. His nurse Christine would call me with test results and explain everything in detail. I never felt rushed or overlooked. She was always quick to respond to any question I had and was very easy to get a hold of. I could tell she took a genuine interest in my well being. She held my hand through everything and I always felt like I was getting the best care possible between her and Reichman.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
My care at Cornell was amazing. The care team is unbelievable and the staff are exceptional. I got to know all the nurses and they really have a genuine interest in your care. I loved how the appts always ran smoothly and I was never waiting to see the doctor for more than 5-10 min. The administrators helped organize all the insurance approvals so everything was easy on me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College.
I have fertility coverage so most of the cost was covered under my insurance.

2021 - 2022, Successful
He's [Dr. Reichman] good at getting a big picture of what you are looking for. He gives you a sense of the overall steps and immediate steps without getting into too much overwhelming detail. He takes time to answer any and all questions you may have. He carefully reviews your bloodwork and modifies your medication as necessary to ensure any setbacks are minimized....
Christine Lu was my primary nurse and care coordinator [at Weill Cornell Medical College]. She was the one who kept in touch with me after many of the bloodwork reviews, to schedule bloodwork appointments, doctor's appointments, etc. She answered many of my questions and had Dr. Reichman answer the ones she could not. She and Dr. Reichman also had sufficient staff coverage when either of them were out so I never felt like I could not reach someone...
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I highly recommend Dr. Reichman as a fertility doctor. He's good at getting a big picture of what you are looking for. He gives you a sense of the overall steps and immediate steps without getting into too much overwhelming detail. He takes time to answer any and all questions you may have. He carefully reviews your bloodwork and modifies your medication as necessary to ensure any setbacks are minimized. I was lucky in that I did not experience any setbacks. At this practice, the timing of your cycle determines when eggs need to be retrieved and implanted and this may not always coincide with when your fertility doctor is on surgical rotation. For me, two other doctors in the practice did my 2 egg retrievals and 1 egg implantation. Dr. Melnick did 1 egg retrieval and Dr. Chung did both my egg retrieval and embryo implantation. All the procedures and subsequent follow up met and exceeded my expectations.
Come prepared with questions but even if you don't have that prepared, Dr. Reichman will put you at ease if you are just looking for a general fertility check. I appreciate that he always had a woman employee (nurse) present in the room as that made me more comfortable seeing a male doctor.
Dr. Reichman and his team always made time to answer my questions in person, through email, and over the phone. I also did my best to come in prepared with questions when we met as I know this clinic is in high demand! They were also extremely attentive to my full time work schedule. They allowed me to book bloodwork check ups at the Upper East Side clinic which is closer to my home and they booked me at times when there were fewer people in queue. The Tribeca office is zen like in comparison to the UES and my appointments there were always quick and timely. Dr. Reichman asked me at the very start what our family goals were and was always very positive throughout the process and was very good at giving us recommendations based on facts and statistics in a clear and easy way to understand. He reviewed all of my bloodwork carefully and his dedicated nursing team (esp. Christine Lu) always got back to me the same day with follow up instructions on modifying medications based on my bloodwork. As a result, I did not have to take some of the more onerous and painful shots and I never experienced hyperstimulation.
I don't remember the details of my meds except that Dr. Reichman kept such a good eye on things, that they were able to retrieve a lot of eggs both cycles without hyperstimulating my ovaries which gave my husband and I a greater chance of getting good embryos for implantation. I also remember that I did not end up having to take a lot the more uncomfortable shots like the intramuscular shot or the oil based shot because my natural levels were sufficient.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: CHRISTINE LU)
Christine Lu was my primary nurse and care coordinator. She was the one who kept in touch with me after many of the bloodwork reviews, to schedule bloodwork appointments, doctor's appointments, etc. She answered many of my questions and had Dr. Reichman answer the ones she could not. She and Dr. Reichman also had sufficient staff coverage when either of them were out so I never felt like I could not reach someone.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The clinic has a high rate of success. I primarily selected them because they were covered by my insurance and they have a high success rate. I also appreciate that because they work with so many women, they really have all the stats needed to give you great statistics and averages if you need help making educated decisions. I also like that their surgical facilities are located at NY Presbyterian as the hospital has a great reputation. Everything was professional and the level of care was high. Some have said that it can feel like a zoo on the UES and one time, I did wait for 1.5 hours due to miscommunication, but they are a clinic that is in high demand and they have a huge patient list.
Billing is not super clear. There are a few ongoing items I am following up with the billing department on.
Describe David Reichman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Cornell only implants 1 embryo at a time which is what I also wanted because I only want 1 child at a time.
Tribeca

[Dr. Reichman's] treatment of my case from day one was defined by his compassion, intelligence, expertise, knowledge and sense of humor, where appropriate...He does NOT condescend your intelligence either, like some doctors may be prone to doing. He will describe — in a helpful and thoughtful way — anything and everything you care to know more about when it comes to your medical journey. Second, his honesty. He is very honest, but in no way to a fault — only so that you can set your expectations correctly.
The nurses [at Weill Cornell Medical College] are top-notch and will call you every day during IVF with instructions...I know in the beginning and end I worked closely with Nurse Christine — I will forever be in her debt for her kindness and expertise...Monitoring is run with great efficiency, appointments are made with highly capable staff and secretaries by your side. Everything is impeccably clean and state of the art.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I remember being so nervous for my consultation. Remember, that’s normal! It can be a very nerve wrecking and stressful process without the right pilot to navigate the way for you and your partner. Dr. Reichman is that pilot! First, his knowledge — he is tremendously knowledgeable in his field. One thing I love about Dr. Reichman is he doesn’t pretend to know things that go beyond his scope as a Reproductive Endocrinologist; he always speaks to his field first and foremost. He does NOT condescend your intelligence either, like some doctors may be prone to doing. He will describe — in a helpful and thoughtful way — anything and everything you care to know more about when it comes to your medical journey. Second, his honesty. He is very honest, but in no way to a fault — only so that you can set your expectations correctly. And if you’re a sensitive person, he will certainly cushion that honesty with a great deal of kindness and sensitivity as well. Third, his lack of BS (which kind of goes with the honesty thing). But is a separate point worth bringing up. He does not show-off, or act in an arrogant way, also as some doctors can. He is reserved and composed in his demeanor such that you innately trust him with your health and the well-being of your future.
Write down any questions you may have in case you forget them. Dr. Reichman will ALWAYS give you the opportunity to ask any questions you may have, so it’s good to be prepared for a fruitful conversation.
I cannot begin to describe the positive impact Dr. Reichman and his remarkable team have had on my life. His treatment of my case from day one was defined by his compassion, intelligence, expertise, knowledge and sense of humor, where appropriate. It is a pleasure and true honor to benefit from his gifts in the medical field, and to now have my son Zachary. Thank you, Dr. Reichman. It makes me feel that much better about the world knowing countless women will be helped by you.
Sorry ladies, I don’t remember many specifics. Just know you’re in the most capable hands with Dr. Reichman and his expert team of nurses and staff.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Weill Cornell Medical College.
The nurses are top-notch and will call you every day during IVF with instructions. Because my husband is a doctor, I never had questions about their instructions, but I’m sure that if you have them they are super receptive to that. I know in the beginning and end I worked closely with Nurse Christine — I will forever be in her debt for her kindness and expertise.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
It is among the best in the world — case closed! Monitoring is run with great efficiency, appointments are made with highly capable staff and secretaries by your side. Everything is impeccably clean and state of the art. After all, Weill Cornell is affiliated with the #4 Hospital in the nation.
Tribeca

1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
He [Dr. Reichman] was attentive, thorough, and always available to answer questions via email. He wasn't too aggressive with hormone treatment but rather he tends to approach all his decisions and advice from a conservative perspective. I appreciate that. He is straight-forward and honest with his professional medical advice...He took our requests and questions seriously, and never acted like it was a burden to respond to us.
Strengths [of Weill Cornell] - Male factor infertility, coordination with urologist, detail oriented, fast paced, many office locations to choose form, able to work around a patient's schedule as they have many doctor's and nurses on staff, early hours, flexibility in virtual appt scheduling, clean, COVID guidelines are great. Weakness - If you want a clinic where you see the same doctor and nurse every time this isn't it. They work around the patient's schedule
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Growing our family in the way we envisioned literally wouldn't have been possible for us without the research, technology and expertise available at Cornell. I still remember the phone call we received 1.5 years ago when we were first told in Oregon that my husband would be unable to have biological kids. My husband has severe male factor infertility caused by a reciprocal balanced translocation. Our first IVF clinic (ORM) told us to look into donor sperm as they were unable to find viable sperm...even though my husband's urologist did not get the same results and said there was viable sperm. There was a serious lack of coordination between the IVF ORM clinic we went to initially and my husband's urologist. This was not the case at Cornell. Dr. Reichman took our concerns seriously from day 1 regarding coordination with the urologist and directly asked Dr. Schlegel (Cornell urologist) questions for us. He was attentive, thorough, and always available to answer questions via email. He wasn't too aggressive with hormone treatment but rather he tends to approach all his decisions and advice from a conservative perspective. I appreciate that. He is straight-forward and honest with his professional medical advice. And now I'm 12 weeks pregnant! It literally feels like a miracle...oh wait its science and the expertise of skilled professional. It was worth it to travel out of state during a pandemic to do IVF at this clinic.
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
Dr. Reichman listened to our history and was attentive. He would ask us questions about things going on in our life and always made time for a virtual call if we needed it. He answered our questions DIRECTLY via email. That's pretty rare. He took our requests and questions seriously, and never acted like it was a burden to respond to us.
We were only dealing with severe male factor infertility. I am 31 and have an average AMH (2.1) and follicle count (14). My husband and I were religious about following the advice in the book " It starts with the egg". My first and only IVF cycle: Primed with estrogen patches for a week before my period was due. For hormones used 250 IU Gonal-F and 150 IU Menopur. I did the injections for 12 days. Used Letrozole for the last few days. Triggered with 5000 HCG Novarel. We ended up retrieving 18 eggs, 15 mature. Cornell did ICSI on the 15 eggs on the day of retrieval. They used sperm from a fresh sample and never even had to use the frozen back-up samples. This resulted in 12 eggs being fertilized. 10 out of 12 embryos made it to day 5/6 for PGT-SR and PGT-A testing. Out of the 10 embryos tested, 5 came back genetically normal/balanced. The other 5 embryos all had the unbalanced version of my partner's translocation (in addition to the unbalanced translocation one had a random error). We did an unmedicated transfer at Dr. Reichman's suggestion. My hormones were checked daily, and my lining was also checked a few times. Transferred one embryo 5 days after ovulation. Then started on progesterone 100 mg suppositories twice a day up until I was 10 weeks pregnant. I'm now 12 weeks pregnant!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine Lu)
The team at Cornell, and all the individuals we interacted with (nurses, administrative staff, the doctors, the embryologists, geneticists, etc.) were very professional and we received top notch treatment. Christine, Dr. Reichman's nurse, is very detail oriented and on top of her stuff. She talks fast but rest assured she will repeat things if you need her to. She answered the millions of questions I had with patience.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Strengths - Male factor infertility, coordination with urologist, detail oriented, fast paced, many office locations to choose form, able to work around a patient's schedule as they have many doctor's and nurses on staff, early hours, flexibility in virtual appt scheduling, clean, COVID guidelines are great. Weakness - If you want a clinic where you see the same doctor and nurse every time this isn't it. They work around the patient's schedule. In my eyes this is a strength because they are maximizing success rather than prescribing you hormones just to fit their schedule. But consistency in care with appts and egg retrievals might be important to some. Overall, they are goal oriented and excellent for male factor infertility.
Very expensive as we had no IVF coverage and were coming from out of state. We also genetically tested 10 embryos and did ICSI. Resulted in roughly $40k in costs with out of state travel.
Listen to Dr. Reichman's advice. He's all about maximizing success and minimizing risk. We did eSET as I am 31 and the embryo was genetically tested.

2 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
I traveled to NYC for treatment after [Dr. Reichman]. had been recommended to me by 2 friends and after a failed cycle in my hometown, Miami...He's incredibly honest, encouraging, and provided a personalized experience - far superior than my prior experiences. I also felt my drug protocol was more personalized - he lowered my drugs (less side effects, less costly) and we had a higher # of eggs retrieved, despite starting with same # of eggs on day 3 for all 4 of my cycles. I saw him almost every visit (occasionally saw another MD for a weekend visit). I felt like he really cared about my overall success.
She [nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College] was easy to get in touch with by phone and email. I felt like she really cared about my success - she followed up on my beta tests both times (I used an outside lab), despite it being her day off both times...Initially my insurance denied covering the cycle given I had frozen eggs, but Dr. Reichman battled it out with the insurance company in a peer-to-peer, and they overturned the denial...Clinic was very efficient - in both Tribeca office and uptown. High volume but they move quickly - I never had to wait more than 5 minutes for an appointment. Front desk and other staff very pleasant.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman was the 4th reproductive endocrinologist I've seen, as I had completed 2 egg retrievals to freeze eggs (yielded 2 PGS embryos), then 1 cycle for IVF in Miami (0 PGS embryos), then 1 egg retrieval with Dr. Reichman (3 PGS embryos). I traveled to NYC for treatment after Dr. R. had been recommended to me by 2 friends and after a failed cycle in my hometown, Miami. First consult was by phone and I felt he was going to be the MD to get me pregnant - and he did, I'm 11 weeks pregnant. Overall experience with Dr. R was top notch. He's incredibly honest, encouraging, and provided a personalized experience - far superior than my prior experiences. I also felt my drug protocol was more personalized - he lowered my drugs (less side effects, less costly) and we had a higher # of eggs retrieved, despite starting with same # of eggs on day 3 for all 4 of my cycles. I saw him almost every visit (occasionally saw another MD for a weekend visit). I felt like he really cared about my overall success.
Don't be afraid to ask any question, even if it seems silly or uninformed. Dr. Reichman is patient and will answer anything.
Cornell is a big center, which was one of the main reasons I chose Cornell. (High volume usually indicates highly skilled embryologists and top notch technology). Dr. Reichman and his nurse Christine makes you feel like you are their only patient, they are so responsive! Dr. Reichman usually responded to my emails within minutes. He personally called me when we had big updates (genetic testing results, pregnancy test results). He called me when my first transfer didn't work - I was heartbroken but he immediately helped me focus on my next transfer with a detailed plan for how we'll try again (next transfer worked!).
My protocol was straightforward -- 225 gonal, 150 menopur, then added cetrotide later. In previous cycle with Miami MD, we did 350 gonal, 75/150 menopur and a flare protocol (started w/ lupron). Dr. Reichman didn't think I needed such a high dosage given my weight and ovarian reserve and he was right - we got better results. For transfer, we first did a natural cycle, which didn't take. 2nd cycle was a medicated cycle, which worked.
Christine is super responsive and very detail oriented. She and Dr. Reichman work as a true team. She was easy to get in touch with by phone and email. I felt like she really cared about my success - she followed up on my beta tests both times (I used an outside lab), despite it being her day off both times. The other nurses were also great - they call with test results if it's a weekend. Christine takes her time and will answer any questions you have, by phone or email. I did a lot of my monitoring remotely and she was amazing with helping to coordinate. she helped me find the best options for my schedule given I was out of nyc at various times during transfer periods.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The biggest strength of Cornell is their embryologists and laboratory high tech equipment. I did a consult with a top doctor in Beverly Hills who referenced Cornell's technology as top notch and too expensive for most fertility centers. Clinic was very efficient - in both Tribeca office and uptown. High volume but they move quickly - I never had to wait more than 5 minutes for an appointment. Front desk and other staff very pleasant.
Most of my clinic/procedure costs were covered by insurance. Initially my insurance denied covering the cycle given I had frozen eggs, but Dr. Reichman battled it out with the insurance company in a peer-to-peer, and they overturned the denial. I self-paid for drugs and they helped me find the most affordable pharmacy. Dr. Reichman also worked the system to allow me to transfer my frozen eggs from another institution so they could be combined with the eggs retrieved to save costs for fertilization and genetic testing.
Given I had PGS-tested embryos, Dr. Reichman strongly recommended transferring only 1 embryo in both of my transfers. He shared that birth defects are 4x in twins and I would be 30% chance likely to have twins.
Tribeca

David Reichman is for you if you want cutting edge, informed fertility care — and advice guided by science and delivered in a blunt but deeply supportive manner...Dr. Reichman explained with great care my options for treatment, the likelihood of success (based on cutting edge scientific research and probabilities based on age and other risk factors)... wanted frank and well researched advice and I felt I received this and more under Reichman’s expert care...he was also sensitive to our financial constraints and suggested a course of action based on both his medical opinion and the resources we had to spend
I was treated during the pandemic so the [Weill Cornell Medical College] clinic was running at much less than full capacity. It was spotless; social distancing and the timing of patient visits was impeccable. It all felt very safe and well thought out. I was lucky I could walk to the Tribeca clinic, and found accessing the office easy and largely contact free
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
David Reichman provided candid and well informed advice, and responded to all of my medical concerns. Importantly, he was also sensitive to our financial constraints and suggested a course of action based on both his medical opinion and the resources we had to spend. I appreciated this sensitivity and it made me trust his judgment all the more. I was very lucky to become pregnant during a timed intercourse cycle with clomid while we were preparing to undergo ivf in the following month. The journey of many women is far far longer, but I felt from the beginning that I was in excellent hands (a feeling that does not come easy for me as a research scientist myself who questions everyone and everything for a living!). Even when I became pregnant he continued to monitor the early stages very closely particularly as I was at a heightened risk for ectopic pregnancy. I very much appreciated his blunt assessments of miscarriage risk—while we were tentatively optimistic he reminded me gently of the complications that can arise. Frankly, I appreciated this honesty and caution as many women (myself included) go into fertility treatment with many expectations and fear. His honest and deeply informed demeanor inspires confidence in the process and was, for me, a source of comfort on an emotional journey. No less, he treatment me during the pandemic which added a real layer of risk for all of us. I could not have imagined a better experience and, while we hope to see this pregnancy to term, I would absolutely seek his expertise out in the future.
David Reichman is for you if you want cutting edge, informed fertility care — and advice guided by science and delivered in a blunt but deeply supportive manner. This was an ideal fit for me and I think it would be for many women on a fertility journey alone or with a partner.
Dr. Reichman explained with great care my options for treatment, the likelihood of success (based on cutting edge scientific research and probabilities based on age and other risk factors), and the psychological and physiological factors I should consider in pursuing a course of action. My partner and I feel we received extraordinary care from him and his nursing team (the very professional and responsive admin staff also play a big role). I am also a research scientist and I wanted frank and well researched advice and I felt I received this and more under Reichman’s expert care.
I was lucky to conceive on my first full cycle under Dr Reichmans care with clomid and timed intercourse. This involved frequent monitoring of ovulation and hormonal levels. We had planned to do only one round of clomid due to a suspected tubal block on one side (which increases the risk of ectopic pregnancy) and were preparing to go into IVF which he thought was the best chance of success based on the amount of time we had been trying to conceive.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I was treated during the pandemic so the clinic was running at much less than full capacity. It was spotless; social distancing and the timing of patient visits was impeccable. It all felt very safe and well thought out. I was lucky I could walk to the Tribeca clinic, and found accessing the office easy and largely contact free
The fees are high but my insurance covered most of my procedures. My insurance only covered one round of IVF (which we were preparing for) so we worked closely with the billing department to estimate costs not covered by insurance. We would not have been able to afford to pay out of pocket. Dr Reichman discussed financial concerns with me openly and appraised me of new fertility coverage in the city of New York I might be able to take advantage of. My employer was exempt from the program but it was very useful information to have on hand.
Tribeca

Dr. Reichman created a personal connection immediately. I saw him every time I visited the practice (except for blood test only) and he always made me feel like I was a top priority, never missing a beat in knowing my history and treatment plan...He is warm and compassionate but also honest and forthcoming in setting expectations based on my condition. While some visits were very short, I never felt rushed and he sets up separate 'talk' appointments just to plan out treatment, discuss options and questions. He is also extremely responsive via email.
I never had an issue with billing, appointments, or anything else from an administrative perspective [at Weill Cornell Medical College]. Wait times vary but were never very long. All of the nurses and front desk staff that I came into contact with were professional and kind...Initially, first my appointment was maybe 8 weeks out. I asked to be placed on the wait list and got a call within a few weeks and ran down to see him. Best decision I made! From there on out appointments were frequent and easy to come by.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I felt as though I was in the best hands with Dr. Reichman from day 1. He is warm and compassionate but also honest and forthcoming in setting expectations based on my condition. While some visits were very short, I never felt rushed and he sets up separate 'talk' appointments just to plan out treatment, discuss options and questions. He is also extremely responsive via email.
I had a unique case as I do not have traditional fertility issues. He diagnosed me with Asherman's syndrome (uterine scarring) from a d&c I had a few months prior. He was able to diagnose me via saline sonogram, followed by surgery - hysteroscopy with adhesion removal. Post surgery he placed a balloon in my uterus and had estrogen treatment. 1 month post-surgery, I had a saline sonogram and HSG to confirm that the scarring had been removed, followed by monitoring to see how my lining responded post-surgery.
Attentive and responsive, generally following up the same day with results.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I never had an issue with billing, appointments, or anything else from an administrative perspective. Wait times vary but were never very long. All of the nurses and front desk staff that I came into contact with were professional and kind.
I had to cover my deductible and beyond that, every visit and treatment was covered at 100%

2018 - 2020, Successful
He [Dr. David Reichman] was confident that my recurring losses were due to genetically abnormal embryos so he recommended PGS testing, which was the best call - we should have listened sooner. For my retreival we used Gonal-F, Menepur and Ganirelix and I was monitored very closely throughout the whole cycle...recommended transfering only one embryo...brought some much-needed levity that we always appreciated. Additionally, I can't say enough wonderful things about his office staff. The receptionists knew me by name and the nurses always greeted us with a smile no
Christine [nurse at Weill Cornell] was fantastic. She always called with my results, returned emails and phone calls very promptly, and answered all of my many questions without making me feel crazy (I was an anxious patient!)...Very well organized, which was always surprising to me given how busy the waiting room could get. If you arrive early enough you don't have to wait...Every team member, whether it be a receptionist or nurse, was always patient and kind which makes a big difference when you are struggling with infertility and have to trek in so often. It was never lost on me how hard they w
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr Reichman is an exceptionally intelligent, patient and compassionate doctor, who somehow balances his deep wealth of knowledge with incredible humanity, kindness and humor. Throughout my time under his care he always listened, gave his honest opinion and provided options without ever pushing me, which I really appreciated. I was hesitant to jump into any intense treatments so we started with timed intercourse followed by IUIs. I got pregnant within a few months, but it turned out to be an ectopic resulting in emergency surgery to remove my fallopian tube. My husband and I will never forget how amazing Dr Reichman was throughout the whole experience. On a Friday evening, he rushed to meet us at the ER and canceled his own plans for the night so that he could be there with us and perform the surgery himself. This was not something he had to do - and I knew other doctors wouldn't - but that's how much he cares about his patients. He turned a traumatic situation into something much more bearable and assured us this would not prevent me from becoming pregnant. Given how painful the fertility journey can be, we couldn't imagine getting through it without a doctor who cared as much as he did. Even after this experience (and another miscarriage) he didn't push me into IVF until I felt ready, even though he knew it would give us our best chance of success. Of course he was right, and I got pregnant from my first transfer (which he performed.) We trusted him throughout the entire process and he never steered us wrong. We felt incredibly lucky to be under his care and will never be able to thank him enough for everything.
Trust what he says. He truly cares about you as a patient and person and knows what he is doing.
Regardless of the many patients under his care, Dr Reichman remembered every detail of my case. He was always patient, answering all of my questions and calming my fears. He would consistently ask how my husband and I were doing, and was genuinly concerned about the emotional toll that my last miscarriage took on us (which was the result of natural conception, before we followed his recommendation to try IVF with genetically tested embryos). In every interaction, it was obvious he cared about us as people and understood how trying this process can be. He also brought some much-needed levity that we always appreciated. Additionally, I can't say enough wonderful things about his office staff. The receptionists knew me by name and the nurses always greeted us with a smile no matter how early it was or how many patients were waiting. This makes all of the difference when you're starting so many of your days there.
Since I am fairly young, had gotten pregnant once before, and testing showed no concerns with my health or my husband's, we started with timed intercourse then moved on to try two IUIs. We attempted a third IUI with Clomid but canceled once Dr Reichman saw I was ovulating on my left side where my fallopian tube had been removed. I ended up getting pregnant naturally but it resulted in another miscarriage, after which we finally took Dr Reichman's advice and turned to IVF. He was confident that my recurring losses were due to genetically abnormal embryos so he recommended PGS testing, which was the best call - we should have listened sooner. For my retreival we used Gonal-F, Menepur and Ganirelix and I was monitored very closely throughout the whole cycle. Dr Reichman got us great results, but unfortunately after PGS we had high attrition and were left with only 2 normal embryos. He recommended we move forward with another retrieval which wasn't what we planned, but we talked it through and he felt it would serve us better in the long run to start with more embryos so we could alleviate some pressure, and he was right. We got amazing results from my second retreival (same protocol) and we were able to move forward with a transfer soon after (natrual cycle with a frozen day 5 embryo), which was successful.
Christine was fantastic. She always called with my results, returned emails and phone calls very promptly, and answered all of my many questions without making me feel crazy (I was an anxious patient!) She went out of her way to make sure we always had what we needed in terms of meds, and seemed genuinly happy for us whenever we got good news. I loved her upbeat and positive personality.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
We loved the Tribeca office. It was a 5 minute walk from my office which was huge, but I would have traveled much further for the care I received there. Every team member, whether it be a receptionist or nurse, was always patient and kind which makes a big difference when you are struggling with infertility and have to trek in so often. It was never lost on me how hard they work and how many vulerable and anxious patients they deal with all day, and yet they were still always so pleasant. I had to go to the UES location a couple of times on weekends and it made me appreciate Tribeca even more, which feels much more intimate and way less overwhelming.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Very well organized, which was always surprising to me given how busy the waiting room could get. If you arrive early enough you don't have to wait. However, there were days I rolled out of bed on the later side and still never waited more than 20 minutes.
Insurance did not cover our first round of IVF, so we ended up paying about $30k in all. I was able to switch to a different insurance plan before my second retrieval so paid less. Dr Reichman's staff was always transparent about what the costs would be before we started anything.
Dr Reichman recommended transfering only one embryo, which we were completely aligned with.
Tribeca

We had a 10 week wait to get our initial meeting with Dr Reichman but I'm glad that didn't deter us. Once you are Dr Reichman's patient he is very responsive, and availability isn't an issue...We did 2 retrievals and one (successful!) frozen embryo transfer...We did PGS testing on our embryos. These were the same drugs that I used at a previous clinic with two other Drs, but Dr Reichman seemed more up to date than the other Drs were with various testing methods, clinical trials, etc. The treatment with Dr Reichman felt more cutting edge. He is very informed, he listens to your goals and puts together a great state-of-the-art plan just for you.
I really like the clinic [Weill Cornell Medical College]! The wait times were never bad, despite lots of patients coming and going. The clinic itself is clean and nice. It was astonishing how crowded the waiting room was at the Upper East Side office during weekend monitoring hours, but even there I didn't wait for too long...Our main nurse Christine is a so kind, reassuring, and extremely organized. She always answered my emailed questions quickly and set my mind at ease. I was always so happy to see her at the practice...Cost was always made clear to us in advance and there were no surprises.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I cannot recommend Dr Reichman highly enough. Communication via email is swift and well thought-out. He takes the time to answer questions thoroughly. and examine the pros and cons of various approaches when you could reasonably choose between several treatment options. I felt very confident in his knowledge and experience and trusted him completely. I always felt informed. Dr Reichman also seemed genuinely invested in the outcome of my treatment and my comfort during the process. He goes above and beyond for his patients. He concluded I needed surgery for a fibroid and referred me to a high-profile surgeon at a NYC different hospital. I was crushed to learn the surgeon had a 3 month wait just for a consult; my biological clock was ticking loudly in the background! Dr Reichman personally went out of his way to help me get an appointment with the surgeon 10 days later, and then later high-fived me happily when my post-surgery ultrasound revealed the operation had been a huge success. Prior to that, we had a disappointing outcome with an embryo retrieval, and Dr Reichman called us himself and delivered the news with the perfect balance of no-nonsense, compassion, and optimism about our future. IVF is a grueling process with lots of highs and lows, and I felt SO lucky to have Dr Reichman in my corner throughout.
Book you initial consult now. We had a 10 week wait to get our initial meeting with Dr Reichman but I'm glad that didn't deter us. Once you are Dr Reichman's patient he is very responsive, and availability isn't an issue.
Dr Reichman is fantastic! He is kind and direct, and has a very warm demeanor and fun sense of humor. He clearly knows his stuff, and is quick to cite "the literature" and his own experience to answer all questions thoroughly. He is realistic yet encouraging, remembers details about your treatment and your life, and is always on your side.
We did 2 retrievals and one (successful!) frozen embryo transfer. The drugs we used were Gonal F, Ganirilex, and Menopur. We did PGS testing on our embryos. These were the same drugs that I used at a previous clinic with two other Drs, but Dr Reichman seemed more up to date than the other Drs were with various testing methods, clinical trials, etc. The treatment with Dr Reichman felt more cutting edge. He is very informed, he listens to your goals and puts together a great state-of-the-art plan just for you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Christine L )
The nursing staff and front desk staff are all terrific. I am so impressed with them, and grateful for the care they provided. Our main nurse Christine is a so kind, reassuring, and extremely organized. She always answered my emailed questions quickly and set my mind at ease. I was always so happy to see her at the practice. With all the required consent forms and appointments, IVF entails quite a bit of admin which can be burdensome during an already stressful process. The Cornell team is a well-oiled machine, and kept me on track with my medications, visits, etc. Sounds like a small thing but it's extremely helpful. Our previous clinic was disorganized and it was SO frustrating and wasted so much time and energy. The Tribeca front desk staff is also extremely kind and knew me by name. They all seem genuinely delighted when my FET was a success, which made that happy appointment feel even more special. Thank you Team Tribeca!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
I really like the clinic! The wait times were never bad, despite lots of patients coming and going. The clinic itself is clean and nice. It was astonishing how crowded the waiting room was at the Upper East Side office during weekend monitoring hours, but even there I didn't wait for too long.
We paid largely out of pocket. For consults, 2 retrievals with PGS and ICSI, one transfer, etc I believe we paid about 45k. Cost was always made clear to us in advance and there were no surprises.
From the beginning of our fertility "journey" my husband and I have been pretty committed to the idea of doing a single embryo transfer with PGS. Dr Reichman supported this idea. I never inquired about transferring more than one embryo at a time.
Tribeca

The Tribeca office staff [at Weill Cornell] always remembered my name...Hannah was Dr. Reichman's nurse, whom I worked with before she went out on maternity leave. She was always cheerful and willing to help, but in most cases she did not know the extent of my discussions with Dr. Reichman, so I preferred to speak directly with the doctor...Front desk is very friendly. I chose this clinic due to early monitoring hours before work
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman was one of five REs in the NYC area my husband and I consulted with. He was optimistic with my case from the beginning, even when I felt pessimistic. I had come to see him having just experienced my very first pregnancy, which became a miscarriage at 10 weeks. I was emotional but had my heart set on doing everything possible to becoming pregnant again. I micromanaged him. I wanted to handle every aspect of my journey, from the IVF protocols to the timing of transfer. I second guessed his nurses constantly. I emailed Dr. Reichman incessantly with compromises, worries, and left-field inquiries. He almost always answered in detail, which is something that I have yet to come across in other NYC physicians who are as busy as he is. He did not have unlimited patience, but he was always willing to sit down and touch base with us to alleviate fears, or to set our patient-physician relationship back on track after an argument.
Advocate for yourself. Dr. Reichman is incredibly smart. If your requests are substantiated, he will compromise with you on reasonable grounds.
The Tribeca office staff always remembered my name, and Dr. Reichman kept detailed notes on my case.
We dove straight into IVF due to my diminished ovarian reserve. Dr. Reichman had pitched starting with IUI/letrozole, but he supported my more aggressive choice. I insisted on a natural start, resulting in 8 retrieved, 5 fertilized, and 4 frozen. We did not PGS test. The second cycle, he proposed using BCP. I was afraid of being oversuppressed and did not want to try this modification, but he assured me it would give good results. Unfortunately, I developed a lead follicle and he canceled that cycle. The third cycle, he proposed estrogen priming. I also fought him on this. Although I had 7 follicles going into retrieval, only 2 were retrieved. Both were alive at day 6, frozen, and confirmed to be PGS normal. I took some time off after the last cycle to undergo several back to back surgeries. In January of 2019, I insisted Dr. Reichman raise a request to the embryology lab for them to transfer the second-best graded frozen embryo in my batch. That FET resulted in my current pregnancy - I am due in three weeks.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Weill Cornell Tribeca - biggest pro is that the physician performs the monitoring ultrasounds. I was able to see Dr. Reichman at almost every single monitoring appointment during the week. In addition, the clinic is clean, and the calls from nurses during the cycle are consistent and organized. Front desk is very friendly. I chose this clinic due to early monitoring hours before work, and the fact that it was a 5 minute walk from my apartment. Weakness: you do not get to see your doctor on weekends and holidays unless he/she happens to be on call. My weekend treks up to the UES office were always much worse experiences (i.e., longer wait times, unfamiliar physicians, and several incompetent nurses).
If you are willing to be at the office right at 6:30, there is almost no wait time. I made it my priority to always be in by 7am, and never had an issue being late to work.
My husband and I are fortunate to both have some fertility coverage from work. During 2018 when we were banking embryos, we were on his insurance, which covered the entirety of the 1st and 2nd round. We paid about $15,000 out of pocket for the 3rd round.
Dr. Reichman was adamant on single embryo transfer with me, citing my age and body type (slim/petite).
Tribeca

front-desk staff [at Weill Cornell Medical College] are the nicest and sweetest team members. They remember your name, ask how you're doing, and are always on top of everything...[the nurse] replied very timely to emails...Monitoring appointments were very efficient...The office seems newer with state-of-the-art equipment and the most friendly staff. His staff are extremely helpful, especially if you need support dealing with prior-auths and insurance - they stepped in and before I knew it everything was handled.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is like no other. We traveled from Pennsylvania to New York and it was all worth it. From the moment we had our initial consultation with him he gave us hope and made us feel like he truly cared. I have not had an easy journey with fertility - 2 natural pregnancies both ending in miscarriages, being told by a previous RE my lining was too thin and so never even getting to a transfer attempt, retained products of conception after a D&C by my OB. But Dr. Reichman never gave up. I remember starting my IVF cycle with him in March 2018 and during a saline sonogram is when he discovered I had retained products of conception and told me he would have to go in and do surgery after I completed the IVF cycle and retrieval. I started crying in the exam room. Dr. Reichman was extremely comforting, telling me "I am in your corner," letting me know that he would take care of me during the surgery as I was worried about my lining, and that together we would get through this and meet our end goal of having a baby. He is an extremely compassionate and caring physician, but he is also a realist - he is very straightforward with what he thinks. This is a quality my husband and I appreciated; we wanted someone who would be direct and honest. Dr. Reichman is always thinking about what is best for his patients; he individualizes every plan of care to each of his patients.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. He answers every single one of them without making you feel rushed or that it's a silly question.
Dr. Reichman is an extremely personable physician. He makes his patients feel like they matter. He takes time at every appointment with you, answers every question you have, and does not make you feel rushed. There were a couple times he suggested we set an appointment for a "strategy meeting" - his words - which we loved. He knows every detail about his patients. He remembers everything, even asking about how our trip to Chicago was when we had a follow-up appointment with him. His front-desk staff are the nicest and sweetest team members. They remember your name, ask how you're doing, and are always on top of everything.
I was on Gonal-F, Menopur, and Cetrotide, with an HCG trigger shot before the egg retrieval. I can't remember the exact dosages but he had me on a low dose of Gonal-F. I only had 5 antral follicles. We retrieved 5 eggs, all 5 fertilized, 3 made it to PGS testing and all 3 were PGS normal! We did not expect this and were thrilled, as my last miscarriage was confirmed due to chromosome issues.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Weill Cornell Medical College. (Assigned nurse: Hannah)
My primary nurse that I communicated with was Hannah. She always showed compassion during every interaction or phone call. She answered every question and made sure you understood your directions and next steps before hanging up the phone. Even when meeting in person about something Hannah never rushed you and was very thorough in her care and explanations. She also replied very timely to emails.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Weill Cornell Reproductive Medicine is a top center for infertility. As I said we traveled from PA to NY to be a patient and it was worth it in every way. I only wish we had done this from the beginning instead of wasting a year with a different RE in PA. Dr. Reichman's Tribeca office is absolutely wonderful. The office seems newer with state-of-the-art equipment and the most friendly staff. His staff are extremely helpful, especially if you need support dealing with prior-auths and insurance - they stepped in and before I knew it everything was handled.
Monitoring appointments were very efficient. You have a window of time they do "morning monitoring" and you don't have to wait very long once you arrive. Once you are pregnant, the 2-3 ultrasounds you have to have are via appointment after monitoring hours.
I was lucky as my insurance covered IVF 100%; the cost of the medications were mostly covered as well. We did pay a few hundred dollars though for some genetic testing and other blood work to be done as I had two previous miscarriages.
From my experience, I believe Dr. Reichman prefers single embryo transfer.
Tribeca
He [Dr. Reichman] can be blunt with the reality of things, but he does care about you getting success and knows his stuff. If you want someone with a super compassionate bedside manner he may not be the one for you, but he certainly takes his work seriously and is always positive yet realistic. If you are paying out of pocket, he also understands the great cost of IVF and takes that into account when recommending next steps, which I really appreciate.
In the Tribeca office [of Weill Cornell Medical College] it is a very pleasant experience even when crowded -- and it's never that bad. I don't think I have waited longer than 30 min to be seen and sometimes i get seen within 10 min...Approx 10K for egg retrieval (all monitoring included)...The Tribeca location is fantastic. It is calm, comfortable, and all new...The nurses are all very nice. It's so much better than the UES location! The receptionists are also very nice and helpful
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I came to Dr. Reichman from another doctor only because my insurance changed and it now covers IVF and the other place I was going doesn't take my insurance. Dr. Reichman agreed with the assessment of my other doctor (age-related infertility). Although I feel I got more compassionate "bedside manner" from the first doctor, I appreciate that I see Dr. Reichman for every monitoring visit (at the Tribeca Office). He may take a day or so to email back, but he always always responds to email. His answers are short but to the point. He's gives it to you straight so you have to be able to take that, but I have no doubt he knows that he's talking about! I feel I am in good hands for sure.
He can be blunt with the reality of things, but he does care about you getting success and knows his stuff. If you want someone with a super compassionate bedside manner he may not be the one for you, but he certainly takes his work seriously and is always positive yet realistic. If you are paying out of pocket, he also understands the great cost of IVF and takes that into account when recommending next steps, which I really appreciate.
Dr. Reichman sees me every visit (unless it is a weekend or he is off for a holiday), which I appreciate. He always seems to consider my case and our next steps carefully. He doesn't have the warmest bedside manner, and doesn't seem to plug into the emotional toll this takes, but he does lay out the numbers and realities and stays positive.
2 stimulation cycles. Both times mostly 150 menapure, 300 gonal f, then leuprolide added in. Egg retrieval and fertilization with ICSI using fresh sample. Waited the 5 days to see which embryos survived and did genetic testing on those that did. Cycle 1 - 10 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 4 embryos genetically tested, 1 recommended for transfer. Cycle 2 - 7 eggs retrieved, 6 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 genetically tested - awaiting results. Still have not yet done an embryo transfer.
Dr. Riechman's main nurse is fantastic. She always answers my questions and when I wanted to order fewer meds since i had to pay OOP as I hit my insurance limit, she worked with me on ordering just what was necessary. She's a pleasure every time I speak with her. Any other nurses that cover for her are also great.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The Tribeca location is fantastic. It is calm, comfortable, and all new. It can get a little crowded during monitory hours but never too bad and they are really organized. The nurses are all very nice. It's so much better than the UES location! The receptionists are also very nice and helpful
In the Tribeca office it is a very pleasant experience even when crowded -- and it's never that bad. I don't think I have waited longer than 30 min to be seen and sometimes i get seen within 10 min.
My insurance paid for up to 40K of my expenses. After I hit my limit, I have to pay OOP. Approx 10K for egg retrieval (all monitoring included), 1K for ICSI fertilization, 4K for PGD/PGS testing. 1K hospital fee. Not sure what frozen embryo transfer will cost. Meds were covered by insurance but i think it cost 10K

2024, Successful
[Dr. David Reichman] knew what to do, how to get it done in an efficient matter, and made me feel like my case had his full attention at all times...male factor infertility as well as a genetic match as carriers for AATD...successful pregnancy on our first try
[Weill Cornell Medical College is] Organized and efficient. From reception to bloodwork and to exams, everything always flowed smoothly...facilities are immaculate...never seem to be running behind on schedule. Billing department could use a little help but it would not deter me from returning as a patient.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I switched to seeing Dr. Reichman 1 year after making no progress with a different clinic. The second my initial consultation was over, the hopeless feeling I had been carrying around for so long immediately went away. It wasn't that Dr. Reichman was giving any false hope. It was that he knew what to do, how to get it done in an efficient matter, and made me feel like my case had his full attention at all times. My biggest regret throughout this whole process will forever be not switching to Dr. Reichman sooner.
If you haven't booked your first appointment yet, I don't know what you're waiting for!
Not only did Dr. Reichman somehow know everything about my case every time I saw him without needing to even glance at my chart, but he also remembered personal tidbits of information mentioned during previous exams. He seems to fully understand that seeing a fertility specialist can be stressful at times and acts in a way that will make you feel like you're being taken care of. I never had to worry that something was being overlooked and received thorough answers to any questions I had every step of the way.
My husband and I were dealing with male factor infertility as well as a genetic match as carriers for AATD. Dr. Reichman suggested having a frozen sperm sample and ICSI on the day of our egg retrieval. He also had me switch which lab was developing our PGT-M probe. That switch alone saved us many months of waiting. This along with the protocol Dr. Reichman had me on for IVF stims and transfer led to a successful pregnancy on our first try.
Everyone on staff was unbelievable, so well trained, and they all seemed happy to be at work as well. Never had a question or concern go unanswered. Christine was an amazing communicator and I never had to worry about not receiving a call when expecting one.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Organized and efficient. From reception to bloodwork and to exams, everything always flowed smoothly. The facilities are immaculate and they never seem to be running behind on schedule. Billing department could use a little help but it would not deter me from returning as a patient.
Urged only a single embryo transfer and explained this was because I am young with no known female factor infertility

2024, Unknown Success
Dr. Reichman is technically very gifted and very knowledgeable...every time I saw him I was under the impression that he didn't care about me at all...very blunt and robotic...tends to not follow up after procedures or emergencies, he delegates that work to his nurses or his residents...will only transfer single embryos
weekends at [Weill Cornell Medical College] UES are an absolute zoo...don't want to wait for hours get there very early. Tribeca is much calmer environment...phlebotomists are wonderful, very funny and are skilled vein finders...weekend answering service is terrible...twice a nurse called and left me the results of another patient on my answering phone.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is technically very gifted and very knowledgeable. However, he is largely devoid of empathy, every time I saw him I was under the impression that he didn't care about me at all. He is also very blunt and robotic. I left many of my appointments in tears. Additionally, he tends to not follow up after procedures or emergencies, he delegates that work to his nurses or his residents. If you want a physician who is very gifted, but has little to no bedside manner, he is your guy!
Prepare to get good results, but don't expect to be cared for.
Dr. Reichman viewed me as a just a possible pregnancy. Unlike other physicians he doesn't make small talk, I am not sure he has ever asked me a non medical question, and the visits with him are incredibly brief. Additionally, following my devastating chemical pregnancy he had his nurse Christine call to deliver the bad news, this was handled without empathy and with carelessness. Additionally, I had two medical emergencies, one was a possible ovarian torsion (a massive cyst was seen on my ovary) and the second was a massive bleed from a D&C, while he was aware of these issues, he never followed up with me.
Estrogen patches, 250 Gonal F, 150 menopur and Cetrotide starting at day 4 of stims.
Christine was very reachable, clear with instructions and quite kind.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The weekends at the UES are an absolute zoo, if you don't want to wait for hours get there very early. Tribeca is much calmer environment. At both locations the phlebotomists are wonderful, very funny and are skilled vein finders! The weekend answering service is terrible. Additionally, twice a nurse called and left me the results of another patient on my answering phone.
UES was a cattle call, Tribeca was much calmer
Roughly $20,000 per cycle, if not covered by insurance.
He will only transfer single embryos
What specific things went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College.
On two occasions I called the answering service with urgent questions, these when unanswered. Twice a nurse left a message on my answering machine for another patient on weekends, given the poor answering service, I couldn't convey this to anyone before Monday. They had issues with my insurance and they didn't explain this to me.

2019 - 2023, Successful
Dr. Reichman is exceptional...his individualized treatment plans really set him apart from other doctors. He is innovative, smart, and determined. Additionally, he is very responsive and makes sure you know exactly what to do and what to expect. He is easy to talk to and he listens. I appreciated how straightforward he is and his open communication style...I have [him] to thank for my 5 perfect children and I am beyond grateful for his care.
Weill Cornell's Tribeca clinic is exceptional. Over the course of 4.5 years I saw the same people, and every single person made me feel cared for. Everyone is professional, knowledgeable, and friendly. They put a greta deal of effort into making sure patients are comfortable and taken care of...Christine, as well as all the other nursing staff, are responsive, professional, and compassionate...made every treatment plan run smoothly, from directions to insurance authorization, to appointment scheduling
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is exceptional. He treats each patient as an individual; I always felt he was 100% on top of every detail and that he had my back. In my opinion, his top attribute is his ability to think outside the box; his individualized treatment plans really set him apart from other doctors. He is innovative, smart, and determined. Additionally, he is very responsive and makes sure you know exactly what to do and what to expect. He is easy to talk to and he listens. I appreciated how straightforward he is and his open communication style. He’s the doctor that it’s worth a long commute to see. I have Dr. Reichman to thank for my 5 perfect children and I am beyond grateful for his care.
Do not hesitate to see him - he is WORTH it.
He was 100% on top of my care. Everything he did regarding my care was tailored to me. He was invested in helping me to grow my family, and loved to hear about the children after they were born.
Clomid, trigger shots, & timed intercourse.
Dr. Reichman's nurse, Christine, as well as all the other nursing staff, are responsive, professional, and compassionate. They get to know their patients and do a wonderful job making you feel comfortable. Christine was always on top of my information and was a very effective communicator. She made every treatment plan run smoothly, from directions to insurance authorization, to appointment scheduling.

2023, Successful
Dr. Reichman is a great doctor and will answer all questions. However, it is just that. He and his care team probably expected me to remember/know every step of the procedure from last time and I was not made aware of next steps or what to expect. After the first in person check up, I suddenly started getting calls from the pharmacy to order medication. The protocol wasn’t discussed with me by Dr. Reichman or his team even though he changed it from my first protocol.
The [Weill Cornell Medical College] clinic is clean, and the staff are great. The welcome staff and the technicians during daily monitoring were the only great things I looked forward to during the entire process. They were kind and welcoming. It felt that they enjoyed their work too...
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Prepare all questions and ask him questions even if you think they will be covered by Dr. Reichman. Because he will not say or explain anything on his own.
I felt like a number because I barely saw my doctor during the entire procedure and rarely got replies from him when I reached out. His nurse replied instead.
PROTOCOL: Daily monitoring LH surge for one cycle. Transfer scheduled 5 days after peak LH surge. Post LH surge need to take an HCG (Novarel or Pregnyl) as booster the day after the LH surge. One day before the transfer start an estrogen patch and replace every other day till the pregnancy test. After the transfer supplement with vaginal progesterone inserts (Endometrin) twice daily starting the day after the transfer until the pregnancy test. After pregnancy test results are positive, continue the Endometrin for another 2-3 weeks. RATIONALE: None were given. I was emailed these instructions from the nurse. Dr. Reichman did not discuss any of it with me. RESULT: Positive pregnancy test result
Nursing team was great. Gave me all the information I needed in a process where the doctor was practically absent.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The clinic is clean, and the staff are great. The welcome staff and the technicians during daily monitoring were the only great things I looked forward to during the entire process. They were kind and welcoming. It felt that they enjoyed their work too.
Copay was $20 with doctor and $40 with hospital
Again, none of it was discussed
What specific things went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Weill Cornell Medical College.
My protocol was changed by the new doctor when I changed my previous doctor (my usual doctor became unavailable during my new cycle). But I was not informed of the change nor was I told why it was changed until I asked the new doctor later, who just said "every doctor does things differently".

1 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
I appreciated how honest and direct he [Dr. David Reichman] was while also being empathetic and took time to answer all of my questions...He was clear in explaining odds and never gave false hopes but instilled new hope that I was losing at my other doctor. I am now 9 weeks pregnant after a successful first transfer. While in treatment, he always gave clear next steps and provided as much context or information as I requested. He was very thorough in exams, took his time and explained what he was seeing and what everything meant which I greatly appreciated.
Overall, I had a great experience at Weill Cornell...was always seen basically on time and I never faced any delays...I like their portal for results. All locations I visited were extremely clean and all the staff were professional and kind. One thing I did not love is the Weill Cornell email technology. You receive an alert that you received a message but until the person responds, you can't track what you sent. Tracking the threads can be a be difficult.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
I had a great experience with Dr. Reichman and his entire team. On my initial consult, I appreciated how honest and direct he was while also being empathetic and took time to answer all of my questions. I have a thin uterine lining and my original doctor had me cancel 4 cycles & made me doubt my ability to conceive. I met with Dr. Reichman who immediately told me that was not true, walked me through success stories and methods we could use to try. He was clear in explaining odds and never gave false hopes but instilled new hope that I was losing at my other doctor. I am now 9 weeks pregnant after a successful first transfer. While in treatment, he always gave clear next steps and provided as much context or information as I requested. He was very thorough in exams, took his time and explained what he was seeing and what everything meant which I greatly appreciated. I ended up needing a fibroid removed that he was able to detect while my previous doctor did not. After my surgery, he provided detailed recovery steps that really helped ease my mind because of course I was anxious to get started with my next cycle. Dr. Reichman was always very patient with me, was always available to contact & answered emails extremely quickly. He also was so great at reminding me what paperwork I needed filled out so I didn't get behind and could move on with the process as quickly as possible! He really had a full view of the entire journey beyond just the exams.
Do your best to have your questions ahead of time & don't be shy to ask them! He is a doctor that has seen it all and he truly wants you to feel comfortable. I once stopped him mid convo with his staff to ask about working out and he instantly turned his attention to me as his patient.
Dr. Reichman and his staff were incredibly attentive, transparent and available throughout my treatment. At my previous clinic, I rarely saw my own doctor for monitoring which made it difficult to ask questions. With Dr. Reichman, I always saw him, and he always paused after the exam to provide time for questions. While going through something as complicated and personal as fertility, there are always so many questions to ask cycle to cycle and often in the room its hard to think of them on the spot. I always appreciated his dedicated question of what were my questions. If I missed any, he was always an email away and I was able to access his staff always. This is not what I experienced at my other clinic and I felt always in good hands. I truly felt that I was his only patient during my treatment
I tried one IUI with Dr. Reichman while I waited for my embryos to transfer to his hospital. We used letrozole. For my embryo transfer, since I had a thin lining and had used estrogen protocols at my previous doctor that never made a difference, we did a natural cycle with letrozole to induce ovulation as a first try to see what I could naturally get without added estrogen, but we added vaginal Viagra.
Dr. Reichman's nursing staff were amazing. They were always fast to respond to emails even when I sent emails with what felt like 1,000 questions. The office always provided timely updates
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Overall, I had a great experience at Weill Cornell. Dr. Reichman is based at the Tribeca location and it was never too busy. I was always seen basically on time and I never faced any delays. Other locations are definitely busier. I like their portal for results. All locations I visited were extremely clean and all the staff were professional and kind. One thing I did not love is the Weill Cornell email technology. You receive an alert that you received a message but until the person responds, you can't track what you sent. Tracking the threads can be a be difficult.
I don't recall, I have insurance that covered a decent chunk
Weill cornell will only do one embryo transfer at a time unless there are specific circumstances

2022 - 2023, Successful
Dr. Reichman has always been upfront about his view on the treatment, his concerns, and course of action. I never left an appointment with any doubt as to what the next steps were. When the first egg retrieval did not go as expected, Dr. Reichman explained his thoughts and already had the second protocol ready. I felt very confident that we would get it in the second round. Overall, he is confident in his work, communicates well, and has great bedside manners...You may come in with your own thoughts of the treatments that you have read on the internet, heard from your friends, etc. but everyone is so different. Trust the doctor and trust the process.
Weill Cornell Reproductive Center is superb in the care that you get. One of my egg retrievals and transfer was done by another doctor, but not for a single moment did I doubt their skills. Because they are one of the best clinics in the country, they do get busy and during monitoring hours the wait can be long. But the nursing team gives you a heads up that it might be busy and ask that you go early. As far as the insurance/billing part, they were not pushy and tried to work with you. If anything, the insurance is usually the more difficult side.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Trust him. You may come in with your own thoughts of the treatments that you have read on the internet, heard from your friends, etc. but everyone is so different. Trust the doctor and trust the process.
Dr. Reichman and his entire staff were extremely caring throughout the entire process. Any time I had a question, they would call me or reply to my email right away. They have always treated me with respect and never dismissive of my concerns
They’re absolutely incredible. They’re on top of their game the entire time. Were always clear with the instructions, the next steps, and when things didn’t work out in the first cycle, you could hear that they felt for you. When things were successful they shared the same excitement as you. I just appreciated that they always answered all of my questions (even the stupid ones) with care and speed.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Dr. Reichman’s Tribeca office during the work days were super easy and never crowded. You were in and out in a few minutes. During the weekend at the UES location, it was definitely more crowded, however, the nurses worked fast and the wait was never too long. I never felt like it was taking so long that I needed to check with the front desk
He had a preference to transfer the healthiest embryo and only one because of my age.

2022 - 2023, Successful
Dr. Reichman's standard of care was like no other...He also made time for questions after every single monitoring appointment which helped a lot with anxiety and nerves. When it came to emails, he responded extremely fast a majority of the time. All in all, Dr. Reichman is an extremely intelligent doctor, and his confidence made me feel supported and hopeful throughout my [in]fertility journey.
Weill Cornell definitely has a lot of patients and some people would describe them as a factory, but the care I received felt very personalized. Just something to keep in mind is that you will not always have your doctor do your procedures as it is typically the RE on call/scheduled for that day...Dr. Reichman's nursing team is extremely thorough. They communicated necessary details very clearly and were very responsive to emails and phone calls.
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is an extremely intelligent doctor, and his confidence made me feel supported and hopeful throughout my [in]fertility journey. When I had my initial consultation with him, he gave me stats based on the medical history I provided which made me feel hope I hadn’t felt in a long time. After my two failed IUI’s, Dr. Reichman did not give up on me and was totally on board with us pursuing IVF when I was ready. I never once felt rushed or forced into IVF with him, and he even told me once that he didn’t think IVF was a must and that I probably would conceive on my own in due time, but of course I was through with the waiting. It just felt really wholesome to not be forced into this huge medical procedure. An example as to how Dr. Reichman approaches his patients— After my egg retrieval, I was worried about ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome and emailed him on a Sunday (when he was off). I had expected an email back the following business day, but to my surprise, I received a phone call that same Sunday night from Dr. Reichman, calling from his home with medical advice. When it finally came time for my first FET (we did modified natural), Dr. Reichman was actually the one who was scheduled that day to perform transfers, and this was comforting going into the procedure with a familiar face. When that FET unfortunately failed, he made time to discuss next steps the same day we received news of the negative beta. At this point, it’s almost impossible to not begin to lose hope as a patient, but after our video call with him, my husband and I felt reassured to try again with basically the same exact process as the first FET. I am so grateful to Dr. Reichman for recommending trying another natural modified FET rather an a fully medicated one as I avoided having to do shots for weeks on end. My second FET resulted in my current pregnancy, and we have Dr. Reichman to thank!
Trust him
Dr. Reichman's standard of care was like no other. I sought help after not being able to conceive again on my own after a missed miscarriage. It was extremely difficult to come to terms with the fact that I needed help after conceiving unassisted the first time around, but Dr. Reichman was always extremely hopeful and positive on my outlook. I always appreciated how understanding he was– would listen to every thought or request I had or read. He also made time for questions after every single monitoring appointment which helped a lot with anxiety and nerves. When it came to emails, he responded extremely fast a majority of the time. All in all, Dr. Reichman is an extremely intelligent doctor, and his confidence made me feel supported and hopeful throughout my [in]fertility journey.
For my 2 timed intercourse & 2 IUI cycles, we utilized letrozole + trigger shot. For IVF, we did an antagonist protocol. For FET we did natural modified cycles with letrozole + trigger shot.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Monitoring appointments in Tribeca with Dr. Reichman were always very efficient. Never spent long waiting to be seen. Was typically in and out in 30 mins or less.

2022 - 2023, Successful
Dr. Reichman has been a godsend to my husband and me on our fertility journey. He is thorough, thoughtful, straightforward forward, and extremely responsive. I saw him during every monitoring appointment, and he personally did my ultrasounds after a pregnancy was confirmed. I was also impressed by his responsiveness in email - he not only replied quickly but also responded personally to messages that I would have expected to get a response from the nurse vs. him.
Weill Cornell has an amazing lab with top-notch providers. The clinic is very busy with a high volume of patients, but you're never left waiting long, and they're very efficient. Compared to the clinics I went to previously, I don't have any real weaknesses to share as I was very impressed with all...nursing team was wonderful and someone was always available to answer my questions and provided timely updates on my treatment and next steps...
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Come prepared to your appointments with questions - he is happy to answer all questions and concerns in depth to ensure you are comfortable and understand your diagnosis, treatment, risks, etc.
Dr. Reichman was wonderful from our very first virtual consultation in December 2022. In previous clinics I went to, I felt like a number with very un-personalized care - but Dr. Reichman took my situation to heart, and I immediately felt at ease with a plan that was personal to my own situation vs. the cookie-cutter approach I've experienced at previous clinics.
My protocol for my egg retrieval utilized Menopur, Gonal F, and Ganirelix. I triggered with HCG and Lupron. Where my protocol differed had to do with the transfer. My body does not respond well to PIO (to the point that I can barely move/walk at all, and we hypothesize my body was not really even absorbing it), so Dr. Reichman made me feel at ease when he told me we would not be using that in my protocol and used vaginal progesterone only. It made a world of difference and I think could have played a role in my transfer being successful
Dr. Reichman's nursing team was wonderful and someone was always available to answer my questions and provided timely updates on my treatment and next steps.
I spent about $30,000 for my IVF and transfer cycle
Given the number of embryos progressing on Day 3, we were given the option of a fresh or frozen transfer. I had never done fresh before, so opted to go that route to diversify the approach. Because of the strength of the embryo and no issues with quality, we transferred one.

2022 - 2023, Successful
We were fortunate to learn about him [Dr. David Reichman] as a doctor as a referral from a good friend. I saw him every visit, and he always highlighted both the positive possibilities and risks associated with my treatment plan. He was very responsive to emails...He is a straight shooter (but how can you not be as a doctor in this field?), but he meets you with compassion and also a sense humor -- which I personally appreciate as someone who uses humor to mask my stress.
[Weill Cornell Medical College] Tribeca satellite office, it was always quiet and not crowded. I never waited more than 5 minutes to see him. I do understand the UES main campus is much busier and can feel a bit more chaotic...[nurse] Christine was always prompt calling me with my bloodwork results usually early in the afternoon of the day of my appointment, and any time I emailed or called and left a voicemail I always received a quick follow up. Even with refill or prescription requests she got back to me ASAP. A+ nursing team!!
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Absolutely LOVED Dr. Reichman and his team! We were fortunate to learn about him as a doctor as a referral from a good friend. I saw him every visit, and he always highlighted both the positive possibilities and risks associated with my treatment plan. He was very responsive to emails, and his team was also amazing to work with and always prompt with follow ups. He is a straight shooter (but how can you not be as a doctor in this field?), but he meets you with compassion and also a sense humor -- which I personally appreciate as someone who uses humor to mask my stress.
Trust him! We all think Dr. Google knows best, but Dr. Reichman never steered me in the wrong direction.
I loved working with Dr. Reichman! I was seen by him at every visit (unless weekend or holiday, which actually never happened with me) and never felt rushed and he always spent time answering my questions. Communicating with him and his team is a breeze too. They were always prompt with their email responses, follow up phone calls after bloodwork and discussing next steps for treatment. One time I even emailed him on a Sunday night ahead of my appt the next morning where I even said "no need to respond - we can chat more about it tomorrow" and he still responded!!
I initially went to Dr. Reichman after ttc almost a year and not really having periods after stopping birth control. During a Saline Infused Sonogram, he diagnosed me with Asherman's syndrome (scar tissue in my uterus) which confirmed why I wasn't having a real period. After 2 operative hysteroscopies that he performed himself (and is an expert in the area), he cleared me right up and gave me a brand new uterus. I also don't ovulate on my own, so we did 2 rounds of letrozole + timed intercourse + trigger shot and were successful on our second try post surgery.
I primarily communicated with Christine but also had a few times emailing/speaking with the rest of his nursing team. They were all fabulous! Christine was always prompt calling me with my bloodwork results usually early in the afternoon of the day of my appointment, and any time I emailed or called and left a voicemail I always received a quick follow up. Even with refill or prescription requests she got back to me ASAP. A+ nursing team!!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Because Dr. Reichman works out of the Tribeca satellite office, it was always quiet and not crowded. I never waited more than 5 minutes to see him. I do understand the UES main campus is much busier and can feel a bit more chaotic. I only had to go once to get my balloon removed after a surgery and did have to wait about 30 minutes, but other than that can't speak to anything else about that location.
Dr. Reichman was in-network with my insurance so we fortunately only had to pay co-pays each visit. All my prescriptions and my surgeries were also covered by insurance.

2022 - 2023, Successful
Dr. Reichman is an AMAZING doctor —my favorite doctor! He has been such a light through the difficult process of infertility. Each appointment we had was thorough and efficient. He took the time to explain every ultrasound and next step...His knowledge in his field is vast and his prognosis on each step in our process was accurate. We are happily pregnant and graduating from Dr. Reichman's wonderful care.
The [Weill Cornell Medical College] Tribeca office is great and efficient in getting patients seen on time. We rarely had to wait and often were seen early...The nursing staff was so wonderful. They were responsive and prompt when calling back to answer questions or giving protocol. They took the time to describe and review everything in detail each time. The staff at the office was always friendly and warm...The Tribeca office is unfortunately not open on the weekends for monitoring so sometimes we had to go to the York Ave office. That office is much busier and a little less personal...
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman is an AMAZING doctor —my favorite doctor! He has been such a light through the difficult process of infertility. Each appointment we had was thorough and efficient. He took the time to explain every ultrasound and next step. He got to know me and my husband on a personal level which eased our minds with each visit. He graciously would see us for spontaneous appointments when I was feeling anxious and reiterated how he is here for us as a doctor and and mock "therapist". His knowledge in his field is vast and his prognosis on each step in our process was accurate. We are happily pregnant and graduating from Dr. Reichman's wonderful care. We will miss our weekly visits to his office to see him and his team. The nurses have been warm, responsive and have answered every and any question. We are so grateful to where Dr. Reichman and his team have gotten us to and can't wait to see them soon for Baby #2!
Compile a list of questions throughout the week to ask Dr. Reichman during the appointments. IVF comes with a lot of information so it is always best to ask every question you have. Dr. Reichman listened to every concern of mine and answered each of my questions with a detailed response.
Dr. Reichman remembered our situation even in those initial appointments. He was knowledgable and cared about our well-being and the outcome we were striving for.
We started with 1 timed intercourse cycle with Dr. Reichman after our second miscarriage. Our blood test work-up up to that point had been all clear. That cycle worked but resulted in another miscarriage. He then advised us to move to IVF with PGT tested embryos. He said he wanted us to get at least 3 PGT tested embryos before doing a transfer. Exact medications were changed through the process and we did our cycle through the Menopur shortage for HCG was used halfway through as a replacement. We got 14 eggs, 9 fertilized, and 4 PGT normal embroys. Our first transfer worked and I am currently 10 weeks pregnant and graduated from Dr. Reichman's care!
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The Tribeca office is great and efficient in getting patients seen on time. We rarely had to wait and often were seen early. The Tribeca office is unfortunately not open on the weekends for monitoring so sometimes we had to go to the York Ave office. That office is much busier and a little less personal.
2023, Successful
Dr. Reichman was caring but blunt, knowledgeable and extremely welcoming...never over promised but did share his medical opinion and was actually right every single time...provided helpful information and addressed every single question...underwent one egg retrieval and one transfer resulting in a positive pregnancy
[Weill Cornell Medical College's] Tribeca office was much calmer and less chaotic then UES...Overall, both locations were organized, clean and on time. I rarely had to wait longer than 5-10mins to be seen...Every single person we encountered, even the front desk receptionist showed compassion, patience
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman was caring but blunt, knowledgeable and extremely welcoming. He never over promised but did share his medical opinion and was actually right every single time. Along the way he provided helpful information and addressed every single question. Our journey with infertility started four years ago with another Doctor. Unfortunately that part of the journey did not result in anything positive and finally my husband and I decided on getting a second opinion. Dr. Reichman was referred to us by a close friend who spoke very highly of her experience. Dr. Reichman was on point with every single phase of our IVF treatment with him. We underwent one egg retrieval and one transfer resulting in a positive pregnancy and now we are happy parents with our daughter who turns 3 months in a couple of weeks. The process was simple and much easier than our previous experience. It felt effortless if you could believe that given IVF is short of being considered "easy". He was thorough to ensure we exhausted all tests before doing a transfer given with my previous Dr. we had four failed transfers and with Dr. Reichman, it only took one retrieval and one transfer to have our miracle child. My husband and I only have positive things to say, not because we finally got the result we longed for but also because he was delicate and took time with us. We mostly saw him for every appointment, all but two. We started with the initial consultation February 2023 and by May 2023 we got the good news, we were pregnant. It was on mothers day and after the nurse called with the results from my blood work, Dr. Reichman also called a few moments later on that beautiful Sunday and he was beyond excited, truly.
Be prepared with questions if there is anything you are unsure of. He never made me feel that I couldn't ask anything but as you can imagine, he is very busy so what helped me to stay prepared was have a list of questions at the ready during each appointment.
From the initial consultation Dr. Reichman was honest, thorough on the go forward plan and extremely positive that he could help my husband and I on starting a family. He spent ample time on going over my medial records with my previous Doctor and went into detail on what he would do differently. When there were moments I didn't follow, he made me feel comfortable to ask questions and I did. We never felt rushed during our appointments with him and we mostly saw him except on two occasions whereas with our first Doctor, we rarely saw him.
Unfortunately I don't remember in detail the medications that was prescribed but I do remember it was not nearly as intense as with my previous Dr. With Dr. Reichman, he used the term "overcooked" as best way to describe when going over my medical record and I see why. With Dr. Reichman, medication used with about half of the amount I was prescribed with my previous Dr. Less injections and medication made me very happy as you can imagine. We underwent one retrieval and one transfer which resulted in a positive pregnancy. Prior to the transfer, we did undergo a procedure to check my uterus to ensure it would be receptive. The procedure did not result in anything eye opening so it came down to embryo quality. With my previous Dr. the quality of the embryo transfers were poor and Dr. Reichman shared that he wouldn't have proceeded with the four transfers. With Dr. Reichman, the two produced embryos were much stronger quality.
Every single person we encountered, even the front desk receptionist showed compassion, patience. Our nurse Christine was amazing and never missed a beat. Anytime I called with a question or needed guidance I would leave a voicemail and received a call back within minutes. The care that this team provides, gives you piece of mind that you really are in great hands. Infertility already provides stress on multiple levels so having the top notch care with Weil Cornell definitely takes away some of the burden you feel.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
The Tribeca office was much calmer and less chaotic then UES. Thankfully we mostly went to the Tribeca office unless we had a weekend appointment for blood work. Overall, both locations were organized, clean and on time. I rarely had to wait longer than 5-10mins to be seen.
We had insurance but to maximize our coverage, we paid for medication out of pocket which was about $4K in total. That was the only out of pocket cost we had.
Dr. Reichman was always honest on providing his medical opinion, what he would do and what he would recommend to his family/friends. My husband and I expressed our desire to try for multiple embryo transfer and Dr. Reichman was honest about that not being the best approach. He provided data and his own professional experience with twins. He strongly advised against it and he had our trust so we proceeded with one embryo transfer.
2023, Successful
Dr. Reichman saw us as individuals...he completely individualized my treatment...diagnosed with POI...told us that he could not guarantee his method would work for us but it was the only other chance besides an egg donor...After two months of treatment we were given the best news that we had an egg
Weill Cornell was amazing...staff was super supportive and helpful through my entire process...went to the Tribeca and Upper East side office. Both offices were super nice and caring...took their time with me and made sure that they were thorough about everything that was being done
How was your experience with David Reichman at Weill Cornell Medical College?
Dr. Reichman was truly a gift sent from our guardian angels. After being diagnosed with POI and being told that the only way to have a child was through an egg donor, I refused to accept that answer. I found Dr. Reichman through my acupuncturist and was so thankful that I did! Our initial meeting he was so thorough at explaining everything and being blunt about the situation. He told us that he could not guarantee his method would work for us but it was the only other chance besides an egg donor. He gave us hope. We began weekly visits to Tribeca with him for an ultrasound and bloodwork and daily fertility injections. After two months of treatment we were given the best news that we had an egg! We did not need to do IUI or IVF but his method to get us an egg was successful and we could not be more grateful. Dr. Reichman took his time with us, he thought out each step of our process and made it individualized. I am currently 16 weeks pregnant and am so excited for our miracle baby! We would not be in this situation without the help of Dr. Reichman. We are forever grateful for his help and I would recommend him to anyone!
My one piece of advice would be to trust the process! This could take one month or one year but just trust Dr. Reichman because you are in good hands. It is worth the wait!
Dr. Reichman saw us as individuals. Even though he had treated other women with my same diagnosis, he completely individualized my treatment and made sure it was perfect for me. He also was always asking us how was are in our everyday life and making sure that we felt respected and cared for.
Due to having POI, my method was individualized. Dr. Reichman used fertility medicine to help regulate my hormones and have my ovaries create an egg.
The nursing staff was so amazing! They were so helpful, patient and caring.
Describe your experience with Weill Cornell Medical College.
Weill Cornell was amazing! The staff was super supportive and helpful through my entire process. Dr. Reichman was such an amazing doctor through our entire experience. I went to the Tribeca and Upper East side office. Both offices were super nice and caring. They took their time with me and made sure that they were thorough about everything that was being done. I highly recommend!
My experience was completely covered by my insurance.