LGBTQ+ Care
LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

Good

SUNY
Cornell
UMDNJ

Drew Tortoriello works at

425 Fifth Ave

2 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. T has a very deliberative manner and makes it very clear that he takes your care seriously. Although I saw the other two doctors in the clinic for some of the procedures because of scheduling, Dr. T did all of his own monitoring rather than having technicians do them...it meant that I saw him all the time and felt like I had many opportunities to ask any questions I may have had. He never sugarcoated what was going on, but neither was he pessimistic. I appreciated his balanced attitude.
After the first couple visits, everyone knew my name and the desk staff knew me on sight...SIRM never felt like a factory. There were never more than a couple women at a time in the waiting room, I never waited more than 10 minutes during a visit, and no one ever raised their voice at anyone The staff also seemed relaxed... SIRM is very good with technology. Both the Dr and the nurses are available by email, and they send very clear instructions laid out by day on the calendar. They are also very fast on their insurance submittals.
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Dr. T has a very deliberative manner and makes it very clear that he takes your care seriously. Although I saw the other two doctors in the clinic for some of the procedures because of scheduling, Dr. T did all of his own monitoring rather than having technicians do them. I wasn't sure if I would care one way or the other, since in the first clinic I went to, the monitoring was done by techs and I loved those ladies, in the end I think I felt more comfortable with Dr. T doing the monitoring simply because it meant that I saw him all the time and felt like I had many opportunities to ask any questions I may have had. He never sugarcoated what was going on, but neither was he pessimistic. I appreciated his balanced attitude.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
I recommend Dr. T, and from limited interaction with the other two doctors, all of the doctors at this clinic without reservation. They ALL come across as very serious and caring.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
After the first couple visits, everyone knew my name and the desk staff knew me on sight. Unlike the first clinic I went to, there were never more than one or two other women waiting at any given time. The staff also seemed relaxed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Bushra and Leslie)
The nurses are very organized about follow-ups, and are 100% available via email. I never had to wait more than an hour or so to get a response back to a question, and often it was within minutes.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
In contrast to the first clinic I went to, SIRM never felt like a factory. There were never more than a couple women at a time in the waiting room, I never waited more than 10 minutes during a visit, and no one ever raised their voice at anyone (again, in contrast to my first clinic). The doctors do their own monitoring visits, so the only thing support staff do is blood. It's all very very calm and professional. Secondly, SIRM is very good with technology. Both the Dr and the nurses are available by email, and they send very clear instructions laid out by day on the calendar. They are also very fast on their insurance submittals.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Monitoring (each visit) $525 Egg retrieval $2400 ICSI $2400 PICSI $1000 Embryo culture $1500 Extended culture $1500 PGD biopsy $500 per embryo Cryo $1000 Storage $80 FET - ? haven't seen the bill yet
Describe Drew Tortoriello's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I don't recall what Dr. T had to say about multiple transfer - I was never going to do more than single embryo transfer and it was never an issue since I only had one normal embryo post-PGS
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
There was just one visit when I was supposed to have two sets of tests and I ended up having to go back the next day because they hadn't taken blood for the 2nd test. That said, they make the time work for me and clearly told me it was their mistake.

2014 - 2016, Successful
I had ‘unexplained’ infertility and nothing seemed to be working, despite seemingly endless tests and attempts. After some time under his care Dr. T [Tortoriello] believed I had silent endometriosis and other immunological issues. ... He dealt gracefully and calmly with my sometimes unpleasant and frustrated attitude. His responsiveness to emails was extremely valuable to me, as I often emailed him frantically about my case.
I really appreciated that this clinic [Sher Fertility of New York] was small and it felt intimate. The nurses were great and the other doctors I saw were so wonderful and compassionate, even though I wasn't their patient. The most difficult part was dealing with billing. It's been 3 years since I've been at the practice so maybe this has changed but I had a lot of hours spent trying to track down invoices and bill, etc.
I found Dr. T after being dissatisfied with the care at another practice. I did a lot of research and chose to move to Sher so I could be treated by Dr. T. This was the best decision I made as he is truly one of a kind. I had ‘unexplained’ infertility and nothing seemed to be working, despite seemingly endless tests and attempts. After some time under his care Dr. T believed I had silent endometriosis and other immunological issues. He referred me to a specialist who was able to remove my endometriosis surgically and he worked with that practice to continue my treatment until he delivered the amazing news that I was finally pregnant!! Throughout my time there, Dr. T always remained positive and always approached us with new ideas on how to change course (we requested this). He dealt gracefully and calmly with my sometimes unpleasant and frustrated attitude. His responsiveness to emails was extremely valuable to me, as I often emailed him frantically about my case. 10 months after I had my daughter I found out I was pregnant again (naturally!) and my OBGYN was concerned that my hormone levels were very low, he was certain it was a bad pregnancy. I quickly emailed Dr. T, whom I hadn’t spoken to in over a year and asked his opinion. He was, as always, honest but hopeful. That pregnancy ended in a perfectly healthy baby. I will always be thankful to him for finally diagnosing my issue and providing a solution, and ultimately being responsible for the two beauties that are now in our lives! I cannot forget to also acknowledge the nurses and other doctors in the practice who were all so wonderful as well. This is truly a special practice.
I think all patients of all doctors should always advocate for themselves. Come to the appointment as informed as possible, think about what questions you want to ask beforehand.
The practice seemed small and more intimate. You would see maybe 2 or 3 patients in the waiting room. At another practice I had been to there were more than 50 patients in the waiting room each time I went, a different doctor would see me every time and had no clue what my history was. Dr. T always met with me for a discussion whenever I requested, always responded to my emails within an hour and most importantly remembered who I was when I came into his office.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I really appreciated that this clinic was small and it felt intimate. The nurses were great and the other doctors I saw were so wonderful and compassionate, even though I wasn't their patient. The most difficult part was dealing with billing. It's been 3 years since I've been at the practice so maybe this has changed but I had a lot of hours spent trying to track down invoices and bill, etc.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

It is small and more of a 'boutique' clinic. Individual appointment times for monitoring are a huge plus. The biggest weakness is that it is extremely expensive, much more than competing clinics...For the most part, they [nurses at Sher Fertility of New York] were very good. However, some were certainly better than others. Overall, they were all good st the care they delivered and organization...Monitoring was made by individual appointments rather than a giant cattle call. In addition, I was able to personally communicate with my doctor through email whenever I needed.
After initially being treated at Cornell for 4 failed cycles, I switched to Dr. T after my original doctor suggested using a surrogate. Although I should have been a very easy case (blocked tubes and a history of prior successful pregnancies, I was diagnosed with implantation failure. Dr. Tortoriello did a full and thorough work up with different testing and was willing and able to think outside of the box. This was EXACTLY what I needed. We transferred my last 3 frozen embryos - the ones that had been picked over each prior transfer - and it finally worked. I only kick myself for not going to him sooner. Dr. T is kind, compassionate to a point but also realistic. During our consultations, he didn't sugar coat things and gives you the honest facts. This was actually a little hard for me as a patient since I prefer a hand holder and a little more optimism. But he wholeheartedly wants it to work for his patients without making promises. During procedures and monitoring, he was upbeat and reassuring. I will 1000% be going back to him again. When everyone had given up on me, he made it happen.
Do your research beforehand. He is very willing to try new things.
Describe the protocols Drew Tortoriello used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
We did a natural, frozen embryo cycle. He had me on 2 weeks of antibiotics during the first part of my cycle since I had been questioning infection. In addition, 5mg of prednisone and Foltanx. After the transfer, I supplemented with PIO and estrogen.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
For the most part, they were very good. However, some were certainly better than others. Overall, they were all good st the care they delivered and organization.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I don't remember the exact breakdown since I still had insurance coverage at that time. However, I know it is an extremely expensive clinic.
He based my transfer on my individual history (many prior failed transfers) and the grading of my embryos which I greatly appreciated. I think this is his approach with all his patients.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr. T [Tortoriello] meticulously managed my case/care. While my AMH and FSH numbers were low-normal, i responded as if my ovarian health was much worse off. During my first two attempts, I had shown signs of ovulating through my meds. Instead of Dr T pushing through, he advised we cancel, convert to an IUI and revise our strategy. He monitored me every single day to avoid this happening our 3rd time...he is kind, compassionate, knowledgeable and extremely accessible. He would speak to us like we were family, not strangers at his practice. Dr. T would respond to my emails on weekends, nights, during his PTO. He truly wants what's best for his patients.
Monitoring hours can be a little inconvenient, as they start at 8.45am. Besides that, I don't have many complaints about SHER as a whole. The nurses and front desk were kind and compassionate...I actually communicated frequently with Dr Tortoriello vs the nurse, which was a huge draw for me vs other larger clinics... He [Dr. Tortoriello] would speak to us like we were family, not strangers at his practice. Dr. T would respond to my emails on weekends, nights, during his PTO. He truly wants what's best for his patients.
Dr. T meticulously managed my case/care. While my AMH and FSH numbers were low-normal, i responded as if my ovarian health was much worse off. During my first two attempts, I had shown signs of ovulating through my meds. Instead of Dr T pushing through, he advised we cancel, convert to an IUI and revise our strategy. He monitored me every single day to avoid this happening our 3rd time. During our 3rd attempt, we did slow stimming and I had one embryo. This turned out to be my healthy and adorable daughter. We're planning to go back within the year to give her a sibling. If you have any doubts regarding your RE, go to dr. T!!! He is amazing.
Ask questions for your comfort, but trust him completely. He is a true expert, as well as ethical and fair.
Where do I start with Dr. T...he is kind, compassionate, knowledgeable and extremely accessible. He would speak to us like we were family, not strangers at his practice. Dr. T would respond to my emails on weekends, nights, during his PTO. He truly wants what's best for his patients.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Leslie Mika Dychiao)
I actually communicated frequently with Dr T vs the nurse, which was a huge draw for me vs other larger clinics.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Luckily we had insurance coverage so I'm not sure about OOP cycle costs.
I believe Dr. T preferred single transfer to avoid multiples. I didn't have that option so it wasn't an issue for us.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
I got the same egg number but made 2 blastocytes. He [Dr. Drew Tortoriello] implanted both on day 5 and one made my daughter!...He spent over an hour at our first consult and he went over all my old records thoroughly and there was a lot! He didn't discourage me even though I was told I was "too old" and had "old eggs" by other doctors so he gave me hope. He saw me for EVERY visit !! he did all his own sonograms and the retrieval and transfer. This was night and day compared to my other centers where I saw my main doctor once or twice the whole time.
I got the same egg number but made 2 blastocytes. He [Dr. Drew Tortoriello] implanted both on day 5 and one made my daughter!...she [nurse at Sher Fertility of New York] was very warm and funny and I must have emailed her about twice a day for a month! She never complained and always was up beat...new offices. Clean and bright. Great doctor and nurse. Lab must be great too as I made the best embryos I ever made. Need better cookies in the waiting room though..the biscotti has to go!
He is just a very kind man who cares. You can tell. He never rushed me and answered my emails, sometimes late at night, all the time. He was very realistic without dashing my dreams and prayers. He is incredibly busy but somehow always reached out to me to see how I was doing. Love that man.
See him first...not after schlepping through 2 factory centers first!!!
He used estrogen patches and then stimulation medication. Lower dosages than before. Felt much less bloaty. He triggered me a bit later I think. I got the same egg number but made 2 blastocytes. He implanted both on day 5 and one made my daughter!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Lesly)
she was very warm and funny and I must have emailed her about twice a day for a month! She never complained and always was up beat.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Great. new offices. Clean and bright. Great doctor and nurse. Lab must be great too as I made the best embryos I ever made. Need better cookies in the waiting room though..the biscotti has to go!
Not much....my insurance covers me for 3 cycles.
He offered to implant one, but I wanted both, and he said it was all right as I was nearly 40.
2014 - 2016, Successful
1 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
1 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
Doctor Tortoriello is caring, knowledgeable and professional. He is always available to his patients, even when he is not in his office. We again ALWAYS received an answer within 5 minutes. He run tests, gave us hope and came up with a plan. After couple additional tests we were diagnosed with thyroid problems, endometriosis and my husband has low sperm count. We also had prolactin level problems and high alfa cells counts. We did not succeed with the first approach, but it gave doctor enough information to optimize and individualize approach. Right now, it is middle of the night when we are writing it, and we are not sleeping because we have a small miracle that is crying by our side since she is hungry...
TRUST HIM
Our dream came true thanks to Dr. Drew Tortoriello Everything began four years ago when we decided to start family. We tried to get pregnant for year with no luck met. That time I went to see my ob/gyn who sent us for some tests. We were confused, sad and depressed. She told us that IVF is our only option. So we went to clinic that was closest to our hometown. Doctors explained us what should we expect, but after failed IUI, IVF cycles and one miscarriage we were disappointed. We did not know what to do next, stay with clinic that follow protocol and won't make any changes or find someone else who can help us. At that time, I met a friend who was doctor’s T. patient and who got pregnant after first cycle of IVF in her 40s. So we called dr. T. office to make apt. and it was best decision of our live. Doctor Tortoriello is caring, knowledgeable and professional. He is always available to his patients, even when he is not in his office. We again ALWAYS received an answer within 5 minutes. He run tests, gave us hope and came up with a plan. After couple additional tests we were diagnosed with thyroid problems, endometriosis and my husband has low sperm count. We also had prolactin level problems and high alfa cells counts. We did not succeed with the first approach, but it gave doctor enough information to optimize and individualize approach. Right now, it is middle of the night when we are writing it, and we are not sleeping because we have a small miracle that is crying by our side since she is hungry. We are happiest since this is something that wouldn't be possible without doctor T. What we want to say is beyond 5 stars, excellent service etc. He helped us made life dream come true, so make appointment with him and you will see by yourself. THANK YOU DR. TORTORIELLO and SHER INSTITUTE FOR OUR BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL AIMEE :)
TRUST HIM

2008 - 2013, Successful
He [Dr Drew. Tortoriello] is a great doctor. Though I think I will take statistics advice elsewhere. However I would make sure people are appraised of the risks involved and think twice...He would answer all questions calmly and completely in person, on the phone, by email and on the webboard...He gave us the opportunity to have the kids that we were having trouble getting. However the odds of Multiples the second time around were obviously WAY off base. We wanted a girl and transferred 2 embryos (the only girl we had and one boy) to increase the chance of one taking.
The 2 cycle plan [at Sher Fertility of New York] I think was $17,000 and the 3 cycle plan I think was $21,000 the medication was very expensive but that was not at the clinic...Staff is very pleasant and prepared. Great staff...Clinic has good doctors and good office and flexible cycle dates as well as individual cycle dates. We did not normally wait a great amount of time. I think a handful of times we had to wait because there was an emergency or doctor had to be somewhere else that ran late but the vast majority of the time it was very good.
He gave us the opportunity to have the kids that we were having trouble getting. However the odds of Multiples the second time around were obviously WAY off base. We wanted a girl and transferred 2 embryos (the only girl we had and one boy) to increase the chance of one taking. We were given a less than 5% chance that they would both take and of course they both did. Now after PGD screening of the embryos and >$100,000 spent and 7 miserable years trying to build a family destroying my wifes body we have our first child and the twins with the boy twin being terribly sick with a very rare genetic mutation called CTNNB1 Haploinsufficiency that essentially means severe mental retardation and severe Cerebral palsy. SO we in essence gave up the best years of our lives to create a sick child that will drain us financially and emotionally for the rest of our lives- not to mention how it will mess up our children.
He is a great doctor. Though I think I will take statistics advice elsewhere. However I would make sure people are appraised of the risks involved and think twice
Standard cycle medications and treatment were used though the ONLY success we had was after doing FROZEN transfers BOTH times. The second time my wife was given hormones to shut her reproductive system down for 3 months prior to the frozen transfer to get her ready and it worked--- A little too well it turns out.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Staff is very pleasant and prepared. Great staff
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
the 2 cycle plan I think was $17,000 and the 3 cycle plan I think was $21,000 the medication was very expensive but that was not at the clinic
2011 - 2013, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Drew Tortoriello] listened to me and was never patronizing, and he wasn't afraid to admit it if he didn't have an immediate or good answer for something. I always appreciated the fact that he never discouraged me from researching or things on my own and asking questions--and was never dismissive when I did--because quite frankly, I couldn't have gone or stayed with any doctor with whom that wasn't the case. He also had a gentle hand with both ultrasound and retrievals (and was awake for all of the latter)... when you have as many as I did, that's really important! Overall, I would recommend him highly.
Physically the offices aren't as fancy/expensive-looking as Cornell or New Hope or NYU, but don't let that influence your decision because overall, SIRM-NY is high quality where it counts! The most important thing is to find a good doctor who you feel is the right person to have on your team for what can be a very long and challenging process, and I found that in this clinic. Their scheduling and front desk staff was also good, which I don't think I've mentioned yet but which makes a difference when you have to have as many appointments as fertility treatment involves!
I already covered this in the why I felt like a human rather than a number section, and this interface won't let me cut and paste so unfortunately if you want more coherence you're going to have to refer to my previous answer. Short version, Dr. Tortoriello: -- listened to me -- was never patronizing or dismissive of my questions -- never discouraged me from doing my own research -- was kind -- was a straight talker about my treatment details -- had a good sense of humor -- was deft and gentle in his touch with both ultrasound and during retrievals
Dr. Tortoriello was kind and friendly and had a good sense of humor, but also very practical and straightforward when it came to discussing the details of my treatment with me. He listened to me and was never patronizing, and he wasn't afraid to admit it if he didn't have an immediate or good answer for something. I always appreciated the fact that he never discouraged me from researching or things on my own and asking questions--and was never dismissive when I did--because quite frankly, I couldn't have gone or stayed with any doctor with whom that wasn't the case. He also had a gentle hand with both ultrasound and retrievals (and was awake for all of the latter)... when you have as many as I did, that's really important! Overall, I would recommend him highly.
I remember all of this, but I did too many cycles to be extremely specific here. To give a quick overview, though, after my first disastrous high stim cycle (nothing frozen), I then always did a low-medium stim cycle with Femara for a few days, then added anywhere from 75-300 FSH plus a small dose of HGH (Omnitrope .5mL or less) per day. We then added Ganerelix to suppress ovulation when that became necessary, until it was time for retrieval. The standard 10,000iu hCG trigger shot was used every time. Occasionally we did a luteal phase start. The rationale for this was that the super high stim protocol oversuppressed me and my AFC was never that high anyway (although we would never start a cycle with less than 4, which meant I took off a couple of months after every cycle so my follicle count could replenish itself a bit). With this protocol, I always had at least 1 blastocyst frozen per cycle. I didn't do genetic testing so I've no idea how many of those embryos are normal, butvam assuming at least a few of them probably are.
There were a lot of them so I was friendlier with some than others, but I got along with all of them and never had any unpleasant incidents of any kind in the three years I was a patient there. It helped that I could also always email my doctor directly too if necessary.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I've tried to block it out, but it was commensurate with other equivalent clinics in NYC and slightly cheaper than a couple of the others I considered at the time
As long as my doctor is willing to do eSET, I think that's up to the patient; I never wanted it so it never came up, but I'm pretty sure Dr. Tortoriello would do it if that was what I wanted--it's my body/money/willingness to risk or reduce a multiple pregnancy!
2012 - 2013, Successful
He [Dr Drew Tortoriello] combines facts/figures with also the emotional piece. Didn't shy away from any topic. Gave us realistic picture but also hope. I'm glad we were recommended to him by friends who also had success. More importantly, seems to be very ethical--never wanted to go over board with drugs, used by own cycle at least to try to see if it would work (did), never suggested we transfer too many, respected our decisions
The clinic manager [at Sher Fertility of New York] is really great helping with insurance etc. The billing company is in Nevada, they don't seem quite as organized but this year are better...Always answer the phone quickly. Get back to you in a reasonable time. Because a lot of this happens on weekends etc they seem to have a good system organized for all of that. Only problem is that a lot of appointments the actual time is not given until day before which can be tough but they are or try to be accommodating. Given the issues of who cycles/bodies work not sure if this can be helped. The physical place is a little too pink for my taste seems from
He combines facts/figures with also the emotional piece. Didn't shy away from any topic. Gave us realistic picture but also hope. I'm glad we were recommended to him by friends who also had success. More importantly, seems to be very ethical--never wanted to go over board with drugs, used by own cycle at least to try to see if it would work (did), never suggested we transfer too many, respected our decisions
Be prepared to listen even if it's emotional. He really listens but the patient needs to know how to listen also and express all of their concerns
Great explanations of questions. At the same time, doesn't linger on the negative, looks to see what results are and changes tactics if needed. Seems to have good communication with his nursing staff. I had a concern about hyper stimulation and about insemminating too many and both were address thoughtfully and realistically. He might not appear warm and fuzzy but is a very caring, smart doctor. Not for those looking to be babied or looking to get the doctor to do whatever they want. This is a medical treatment with great risks and he is a person of integrity.
Don't really remember. Seemed to include ganerelix and some other shot for ovulation and the usual trigger injection, progesterone etc at the beginning. Nothing all that unusual
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
This is a combination of ratings for two nurses. First cycle the nurse didn't seem so organize. Then she wasn't there anymore. The second one and subsequent one for 2nd cycle were great. Very informative, clear on protocols, injection techniques, dates, what would happen, follow-up with results, labs etc. They have nice printed color coded calendars easy to follow. Can probably use more picture explanations of how/when/where to inject although the web is full of those.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Always answer the phone quickly. Get back to you in a reasonable time. Because a lot of this happens on weekends etc they seem to have a good system organized for all of that. Only problem is that a lot of appointments the actual time is not given until day before which can be tough but they are or try to be accommodating. Given the issues of who cycles/bodies work not sure if this can be helped. The physical place is a little too pink for my taste seems from another time but I'm glad they've kept a nice group of people who seem happy to be there and do their job well. The clinic manager is really great helping with insurance etc. The billing company is in Nevada, they don't seem quite as organized but this year are better.
Covered by insurance. Out of pocket probably around $2000 per cycle? Covered around 10-20K/cycle?
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
The whole pharmacy thing is complicated. Easy to make mistakes. Employers now are cracking down so can't use the usual fertility or compounding pharmacies that Sher is used to using.

2023, Successful
IUI With Other Docs
Dr. T [Tortoriello] is extraordinarily empathetic and a truly genuine person...he provided me with quality care and did not make me feel like I was asking too many dumb questions. He is also highly respectful, makes eye contact, and knows everyone by name...He is very professional, detail-oriented, and competent. He explained everything to me thoroughly from beginning to end, and my treatment was tailored to my body, and it wasn't one fit protocol...
Everyone [at Sher Fertility Solutions New York] is nice and friendly - wait times are not long. Monitoring is by appointment only so that means you will be seen at your appointment time. You see Dr. Tortoriello at every visit and not a sonogram tech -which is nice...He is very professional, detail-oriented, and competent. He explained everything to me thoroughly from beginning to end, and my treatment was tailored to my body, and it wasn't one fit protocol...
If I could give Dr. T 50000 stars, I would. There are many doctors to choose from, but Dr. T is exceptional. He is very professional, detail-oriented, and competent. He made me feel comfortable throughout the egg retrieval and the transfer process since I already get extremely embarrassed very quickly! I wish he could be my GYN, PCP, and any other doctor I need. He is very professional, detail-oriented, and competent. He explained everything to me thoroughly from beginning to end, and my treatment was tailored to my body, and it wasn't one fit protocol. I have a positive first beta and cannot thank Dr. T enough for getting me to this point. Dr. T, you rock!!!! I'm fortunate to have you as my physician!
Dr. T should be your treating physician
Dr. T is extraordinarily empathetic and a truly genuine person. He truly cares about his patients' outcomes- he provided me with quality care and did not make me feel like I was asking too many dumb questions. He is also highly respectful, makes eye contact, and knows everyone by name.
All the girls are great!
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Everyone is nice and friendly - wait times are not long. Monitoring is by appointment only so that means you will be seen at your appointment time. You see Dr. Tortoriello at every visit and not a sonogram tech -which is nice.
I was thoroughly educated on the risks and benefits of transferring 2 embryos and all risks included with ER
LGBTQ+

LGBTQ+
[Dr. Tortoriello] is not super warm and fuzzy and yet I can tell he cares about my case and wants me to achieve my goal. He is direct but with good bedside manner. He always remembers the exact details of my case. He treats me as a collaborator in my treatment rather than just someone to be told what to do...He will work with you to get tests that you want. For example, I asked for NK and thyroid tests before my first transfer and he agreed.
[The nursing staff at Sher Fertility Solutions NY is] SO organized. Quick email replies. Straightforward and thorough. Does a great job...No clinic is perfect. It doesn't have the bells and whistles and modern features as some of the others...the lab is excellent -- ALL of my mature eggs fertilized over 3 retrievals. The doctors are great and I know I'll have success here...aboutt $12000 per IVF cycle (not including meds)
Dr. T is not super warm and fuzzy and yet I can tell he cares about my case and wants me to achieve my goal. He is direct but with good bedside manner. He always remembers the exact details of my case. He treats me as a collaborator in my treatment rather than just someone to be told what to do.
At each step, ask about what diagnostics are available. He will work with you to get tests that you want. For example, I asked for NK and thyroid tests before my first transfer and he agreed.
I felt that he was always communicative and remembered the details of my exact case. I was always impressed with that.
Antagonist protocol. The 2nd cycle we added HGH during sims and 3rd cycle priming with HGH. Improved each time!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Cecilia)
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
No clinic is perfect. It doesn't have the bells and whistles and modern features as some of the others. Not sleek like Columbia and Cornell. But the lab is excellent -- ALL of my mature eggs fertilized over 3 retrievals. The doctors are great and I know I'll have success here.
aboutt $12000 per IVF cycle (not including meds)
He recommends eSET for me b/c I have PGS normals. I do have an undetermined and he said he would transfer the undetermined along with a PGS normal if I wanted.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

He [Dr. Drew Tortoriello] couldn't remember my information, like I was remote monitoring. Seems pretty obvious since I told him at the consultation & all my forms had my out of state address on it...He suggested that I monitor in NYC instead of locally because he felt like my monitoring clinic wasn’t good. They are. I got pregnant using their labs before with a different dr. who retired from Sher, two yrs earlier. I live 1,000 miles away, not happening. He was not very caring or compassionate.
The clinic [Sher Fertility of NY] is very disorganized. Not all the nurses work every day so I don’t actually know who my nurse was because every day it seemed it was a different person...Terrible communication. They never receive faxes. I send same documents multiple times to the same fax number (called first to confirm the number). The office forgot to send a procedure order when I was traveling, so the entire cycle was canceled because they forgot. Then I left this clinic.
If you are looking for an out of the box thinker, or someone who treats you like a person, not just a number, he is not the Dr. for you.
He couldn't remember my information, like I was remote monitoring. Seems pretty obvious since I told him at the consultation & all my forms had my out of state address on it.
Menopur & Follistim. I started late on a cycle & asked if I should instead start the next month because I was already showing a lead follicle. He said no, start meds, big surprise, lead follicle the whole cycle. Wasted time & money when we should’ve just waited.
The clinic is very disorganized. Not all the nurses work every day so I don’t actually know who my nurse was because every day it seemed it was a different person.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
They were covered by my insurance
I already did.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
My wife and I had an amazing experience with Dr. T. [Tortoriello] ... We used Clomid then injectables for PCOS, and then used IUI to help with sperm morphology issues ... Throughout the process Dr. T was patient and understanding, always available to answer our questions. He had a steady optimism that even in the worst of times during our process, let us knew one way or another things would work out.
The clinic [Sher Fertility of NY] is great with an amazing team. They have all of the facilities needed and are always available when you need them. They are organized and everyone treats you nicely. I recommend them and they make you feel comfortable throughout the process ... We had to call them sometimes to get all of the information we needed and they didn't always proactively call or explain. But overall was not a big problem
My wife and I had an amazing experience with Dr. T. We had a bit of a difficult time getting pregnant and currently we are celebrating nearly a week with our healthy beautiful baby girl. Throughout the process Dr. T was patient and understanding, always available to answer our questions. He had a steady optimism that even in the worst of times during our process, let us knew one way or another things would work out. It took a while and there were some struggles, but having him by our side throughout the process made things much easier. We recommend Dr. T highly without any reservations
Don't be afraid to ask questions - he always is patient and happy to explain things
Dr T has amazing bedside manner and explains all of your options to you. He expresses a realistic optimism that as we were having trouble let us know everything was going to be ok
Amazing all around
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clinic is great with an amazing team. They have all of the facilities needed and are always available when you need them. They are organized and everyone treats you nicely. I recommend them and they make you feel comfortable throughout the process
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

Dr. Tortoriello was friendly and professional. He stated exactly what he found and diagnosed my condition immediately. He mentioned several options for my treatment and responded to all my emails. Dr. T talked with my on the phone to calm me down when I was very upset over my fibroid bleeding. He told me all would turn out well over time, and everything did. I highly recommend Dr. Tortoriello for any and all fertility needs and female issues. He is kind, knowledgeable and treats you like a human being...
I was very pleased to find out that Dr. Tortoriello took my insurance [at Sher Fertility of NY] and that he participates in many insurances. He tries very hard to work with his patients' comfort level...My experience as a patient was excellent. I was extremely nervous visiting Dr. Tortoriello because I was heavily bleeding and did not know why. Dr. T made sure I did multiple tests to diagnose my situation. He prescribed an endometrial biopsy, sonogram, and inter uterine sonogram. Once he diagnosed the fibroid pressing on my uterus, he knew I needed a hormone shot, medicine and surgical procedures. All went very well and the bleeding has stopped! I didn't feel like a number, I felt like a patient who was cared about. Dr. T. always remembered my case and plus he even wrote me in between visits to check on me. My experience with him has been wonderful. Thank you Dr. T!
Be very honest with him about all your symptoms and trust him.
I was very pleased to find out that Dr. Tortoriello took my insurance and that he participates in many insurances. He tries very hard to work with his patients' comfort level.
2013 - 2016, Successful
Dr. T [Tortoriello] is a knowledgeable, patient, thorough doctor. He took time to explain our test results, chart the path to fertility, answer any questions and always respond to inquiries that came up during treatment ... He explained all treatments, checked in on how I felt, followed up on any emails and phone calls, was realistic in setting expectations, was compassionate and guiding every step of the way.
It's [Sher Fertility] a great clinic - never a long wait, always a good follow-through. Convenient location. There has been some rotation in the main nurse coordinators - I felt my first round had better main nurses. However, I was able to still get everything taking care off by emailing any open questions. Nursing team always did a great job with ordering meds - I did that as a combination OTC and via insurance
Thanks to Dr. T, I have 2 beautiful children. I did 2 cycles with him, and each resulted in a singleton birth. I can't thank Dr. T enough for the joy of having full family. He explained all treatments, checked in on how I felt, followed up on any emails and phone calls, was realistic in setting expectations, was compassionate and guiding every step of the way.
Listen to him and trust him. Don't be afraid to ask questions - he's there for you.
Dr. T is a knowledgeable, patient, thorough doctor. He took time to explain our test results, chart the path to fertility, answer any questions and always respond to inquiries that came up during treatment
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
It's a great clinic - never a long wait, always a good follow-through. Convenient location. There has been some rotation in the main nurse coordinators - I felt my first round had better main nurses. However, I was able to still get everything taking care off by emailing any open questions. Nursing team always did a great job with ordering meds - I did that as a combination OTC and via insurance
Cycle mostly covered by insurance. About $5000 out of pocket for medications, co-pay and non-covered tests
Dr. T described what he thought would be best approach for the transfer and given my age expected outcomes. I always felt that I was making an educated decision
2015, Unsuccessful
2 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
7 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. T. was very good at communicating, he replied very thoroughly / promptly to my questions. I think there was probably unnecessary part of the treatment and testing (immunology, hgh), i was stunned to have just one embryo after 2 months of prepping, and better results with other doctors...Nurse did not reply to my messages, when replied seemed to ignore the questions -- this was very stressful, but if I would ask Dr. T, they would come back .
The doctor [Dr. Drew Tortoriello] is very receptive and willing to explain and try new methods. The office [Sher Institute] is very intimate, and there is not too many people. They schedule monitoring 9-2, and i believe Dr does the monitoring. On one hand this is good, as it takes less time, on the other hand, one cannot go there before work. My nurse was pretty bad, not ordering drugs, not answering emails etc...Some treatment of immunology issues was done on me, it did not hurt probably. I also was taking hgh. Dr. T also adjusted protocol in the beginning of the cycle, given my hormone levels (there was a switch in drugs, and i actually lost some money on that). Since the results were dismal, I am not sure it worked.
Dr T. is very good at communicating, though his nurse was not.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The doctor is very receptive and willing to explain and try new methods. The office is very intimate, and there is not too many people. They schedule monitoring 9-2, and i believe Dr does the monitoring. On one hand this is good, as it takes less time, on the other hand, one cannot go there before work. My nurse was pretty bad, not ordering drugs, not answering emails etc.
10-13K + meds
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
I had some issues with nurse ordering the drugs on time/right pharmacy.
2014, Unsuccessful
[Dr. Tortoriello] isn’t always direct with offering information that you might need to know in anticipation of your needs... He was a little matter-of-fact about some things, when I could have used some reassurance at times, so that is probably my one complaint. But he is gentle, and I always trusted him. He did a great job and has a gentle touch...I had one cycle cancelled because my estrogen was low. Two actual IUIs, both negative.
[Sher Fertility is] Small, short wait times. Front desk person is smart and organized. I always felt like I was in good hands. They do their lab testing on the premises, so you never have to wait long for results...Everyone was great at drawing blood quickly and neatly. All were very kind and friendly...I went to the Westchester office for a Beta test one time on a Friday, and the results came in but there was a communication error between the two clinics and I didn’t get my results until the following Tuesday. I ended up staying on progesterone unnecessarily for three extra days. It was very stressful.
Dr. T is great! He was a little matter-of-fact about some things, when I could have used some reassurance at times, so that is probably my one complaint. But he is gentle, and I always trusted him. He did a great job and has a gentle touch.
Make sure you ask questions. He will answer, but isn’t always direct with offering information that you might need to know in anticipation of your needs.
Sheri was a small facility. I never waited very long, and it always felt comfortable in the waiting room. Everyone was friendly and kind, and I always felt like I was in good hands.
We did Femara IUI. I am an SMC and didn’t have any proven infertility at the time, so we started slow. I had one cycle cancelled because my estrogen was low. Two actual IUIs, both negative.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Small, short wait times. Front desk person is smart and organized. I always felt like I was in good hands. They do their lab testing on the premises, so you never have to wait long for results. This place is terrific.
I had insurance, so I just paid copays.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
Dr. T was great. You can tell early on how much experience he has within fertility and putting you on the right path. We had male factor so we always knew IVF with ICSI had the strongest chance but with my insurance requirements it made us have to do 3 IUIs before they would cover IVF. After 3 failed IUI, we had success in our first round of IVF.
Thank you to the entire [Sher Fertility Solutions NY] nursing staff. They are so lovely and helpful...Clinic was great. No wait times. Open on weekends. In and out in 15 minutes. Clinic was clean which was important with covid. My financial coordinator was so great in explaining everything to me and working with my insurance provider.
Go see him sooner rather than later. We waited 1.5 years to consult a specialist and I wish we had done it sooner.
Dr. T and his staff were always very warm and caring on a human level.
IUI to IVF ICSI
Thank you to the entire nursing staff. They are so lovely and helpful. I will miss them.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
IUIs were covered by insurance. Same with IVF cycle. PGS testing was out of pocket but worth it.
One embryo at a time
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
The first time was awesome. [Dr. Tortoriello] went out of his way to accommodate us. He was very attentive to our needs. The second time around I felt we were rushed. It wasn’t the same energy...was very attentive the first time around. I’ll never forget the time we went for our 8week check up and found out our baby had no heart beat. My screams consumed the room and Dr. T got very emotional. He cried with my husband and I.
The clinic itself [Sher Fertility of New York] was very welcoming. The decor made you feel at ease while you waited in the sitting area. What we didn’t like was that the staff kept changing to often. Mostly every time we went there was a new receptionist. The nurses were not steady. For each visit we would have a different nurse in the room...Our favorite nurse was Jackie. She was with us throughout both of our treatments. She got to know us as a couple and not just as patients. Very compassionate.
Dr. T was very attentive the first time around. I’ll never forget the time we went for our 8week check up and found out our baby had no heart beat. My screams consumed the room and Dr. T got very emotional. He cried with my husband and I.
Do your research before seeing any doctor. We were blinded by the fact that we wanted a baby so badly that we put all our faith in our doctor and didn’t question his decisions.
The first time was awesome. Dr. T went out of his way to accommodate us. He was very attentive to our needs. The second time around I felt we were rushed. It wasn’t the same energy.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clinic itself was very welcoming. The decor made you feel at ease while you waited in the sitting area. What we didn’t like was that the staff kept changing to often. Mostly every time we went there was a new receptionist. The nurses were not steady. For each visit we would have a different nurse in the room with Dr. T.
Luckily our treatments were covered by my health insurance. Unfortunately we maxed out.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
I had to email the nurse to remind her to call in the prescriptions.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
my experience with Dr. T [Tortoriello] was the best. He knew me. He saw me for all my visits. He is very straightforward, patient, and kind. Plus he is technically great. His sonograms and procedures never hurt me...he is very gentle...He is very warm and personable. He answered all of my very many emails promptly. He called me with results...I did an estrogen patch before stimulation and then did 11 days of gonal and menopur. I also did femara pills for a few days. Femara was supposed to be for endometriosis as I had it diagnosed 2 years ago with a laporoscopy.
Lindsay [nurse at Sher Fertility of New York] was very very sweet and she called me several times a week. She was very meticulous...SIRM is great. Sixth floor is brand new and gorgeous. The MAs and nurses, especially Lindsay, are very kind and sweet and all KNEW ME. It would be nice if Dr. T had earlier appointments but that is the price of seeing one doctor and not twenty different docs...I did an estrogen patch before stimulation and then did 11 days of gonal and menopur. I also did femara pills for a few days. Femara was supposed to be for endometriosis as I had it diagnosed 2 years ago with a laporoscopy.
Dr. Tortoriello was my third fertility doctor. I went through many IUIs and 2 IVF cycles elsewhere at a large factory clinic in NYC. By far my experience with Dr. T was the best. He knew me. He saw me for all my visits. He is very straightforward, patient, and kind. Plus he is technically great. His sonograms and procedures never hurt me...he is very gentle.
No advice except see him first!
He is very warm and personable. He answered all of m,y very many emails promptly. He called me with results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay)
Lindsay was very very sweet and she called me several times a week. She was very meticulous.
Covered 100%.
I only had one blastocyst by day 5, and it took. But if I had another he said he still prefers one at a time.
2010, Unknown Success
Dr. T was kind, patient and answered all of my questions....Dr. T manor is calm and he was also hopeful, which my last RE was not. Before Dr. T, my MD told me I had "less than 5%" chance of ever getting pregnant with my own eggs. I was devastated. Dr. T turned that all around - in one IVF we had a great cycle and I now have him to thank for my 5 year old son.
My last clinic was more like a "factory" whereas Sher was more of a boutique where they knew who I was....[Nursing staff was] matter of fact - but knew their stuff and communicated well....finance dept. was helpful...It's a boutique atmosphere - not a "factory". It feels good to be a name not a number.
I explained this in my last post - but Dr. T is kind, patient and hopeful. He is easy to talk to and knows his stuff. He also is able to think "outside the box" and change up a cycle when needed. He is a rockstar RE!
Ask questions - be open - you're in good hands.
Dr. T was kind, patient and answered all of my questions. My last clinic was more like a "factory" whereas Sher was more of a boutique where they knew who I was. Dr. T manor is calm and he was also hopeful, which my last RE was not. Before Dr. T, my MD told me I had "less than 5%" chance of ever getting pregnant with my own eggs. I was devastated. Dr. T turned that all around - in one IVF we had a great cycle and I now have him to thank for my 5 year old son.
This is hard to remember - it was 2015. He did use intralipids (sp?) infusions which I think helped to keep the pregnancy as I have an autoimmune disorder.
Matter of fact - but knew their stuff and communicated well.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Easy to schedule
I don't remember - but finance dept. was helpful
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
[Dr. Tortoriello is] Well manared, soft spoken, always available thru email, gave my opinion priority even if he felt different, never pushed any procedure to me, well explained, it was easy to get his appointment, spoke with empathy, ... He was very soft spoken and treated with care ... Letrozol and timed sex (3X) Letrozol and IUI Clomid and IUI
Francis [nurse at Sher Fertility of New York] was always available thru phone and email. She explained my results with care and empathy ... Nice location, clean, spacious, privacy, easily accessible, clean restroom, refreshments available, soothing environment, no screaming or hustle, designated areas for nurses, nice waiting area, things available to read, ...
Stick with one doctor, switching won't help
He was very soft spoken and treated with care
Letrozol and timed sex (3X) Letrozol and IUI Clomid and IUI
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Francis)
Francis was always available thru phone and email. She explained my results with care and empathy
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I don't remember, was billed for multiple visits so can't describe

Donor Eggs With Other Docs
[Dr. Drew Tortoriello was] Extremely patient. Answered all my emails very quickly. Very kind. Understanding. Never makes you feel like a number and remembers the details of your situation. He doesn't push any treatments but always gave options and let me decide...Used estrogen priming for DOR. Used HGH, viagra suppositories, and stims for thin lining...Answered questions with patience, never made me feel crazy or annoying
[Sher Fertility of New York was] Very organized...You need to be on top of your stuff. You get to see your own doctor at every visit. Nice office. Kind staff. They do immune workup also. They dont open early so you cant fo before work...Bushra [nurse] was a bit disorganized but very kind...Nurse wasn't good about ordering refills...Around 25k for ivf...[Dr. Drew Tortoriello was] Extremely patient.
You need to do your own research and bring those ideas and get his feedback.
Answered questions with patience, never made me feel crazy or annoying
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: bushra)
Bushra was a bit disorganized but very kind
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Very organized. Very expensive. You need to be on top of your stuff. You get to see your own doctor at every visit. Nice office. Kind staff. They do immune workup also. They dont open early so you cant fo before work
Around 25k for ivf
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Nurse wasn't good about ordering refills

Egg Freezing With Other Docs
He [Dr. Drew Tortoriello] was very even keel. I had a huge set back and he just sent me an email delivering the news. I was offended by this. He then was rushing me to try again right away and I wasn't ready. I decided it was best to go somewhere else. I also was told I could have later appts. That was not the case when I was cycling...I was on low dose of injections for egg banking...I just was given conflicting information regarding medicine storage.
He was very even keel. I had a huge set back and he just sent me an email delivering the news. I was offended by this. He then was rushing me to try again right away and I wasn't ready. I decided it was best to go somewhere else. I also was told I could have later appts. That was not the case when I was cycling.
Ask tons of questions
You can make an appt. but one time I had to wait for over an hour in the exam room.
I was on low dose of injections for egg banking.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Bushra)
I never met my nurse. I also got conflicting information regarding my meds. She told me one could be refrigerated and it couldn't.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I liked that you could make and appt. it was very easy to get to via train.
Copays and anesthesia
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
I just was given conflicting information regarding medicine storage.
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
I thought that he [Dr. Drew Tortoriello] treated my case like no big deal. He said he sees a ton of patients with DOR and recommended banking embryos. He also suggested that I could just do a regular cycle but it seemed like he highly recommended the banking...Very flat affect in general....He used low dose meds bc I have DOR. He recommended banking for 3 cycles and then testing...
Loved that [at Sher - Manhatten] you could make an appt. yet appts. always ran way behind and I was promised later appts and then when I was cycling suddenly there were only morning appts. So I had to miss a ton of work...I never met her [the nurse] and it seemed hard to get direct answers when needed...I thought that he [Dr. Tortoriello] treated my case like no big deal. He said he sees a ton of patients with DOR and recommended banking embryos. He also suggested that I could just do a regular cycle but it seemed like he highly recommended the banking.
I thought that he treated my case like no big deal. He said he sees a ton of patients with DOR and recommended banking embryos. He also suggested that I could just do a regular cycle but it seemed like he highly recommended the banking.
Ask a tons of questions!
Very flat affect in general.
I never met her and it seemed hard to get direct answers when needed.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Loved that you could make an appt. yet appts. always ran way behind and I was promised later appts and then when I was cycling suddenly there were only morning appts. So I had to miss a ton of work.
Copays