LGBTQ+ Care
LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

Good

SUNY
Cornell
UMDNJ

Drew Tortoriello works at

425 Fifth Ave

He [Dr. Drew Tortoriello] is very considerate and always asked how I was feeling every time I had treatment with him. Dr. T is truly a kind man who cares about his patients...After numerous setbacks in previous cycles, we were desperate to find a doctor who could identify our own issues and adjust treatment methods accordingly. We have been fortunate that we met Dr. T and cannot thank enough what he did to us. Dr. T is kind and compassionate and has the ability and experience to adjust his treatment methods according to various situations of his patients.
Response is super quick [by nurse at Sher Fertility of New York] and she rarely makes a communication error...We were asked about the choice b/w eSET v. Multiple and chose eSET...Small settings, not too many patients, no significant wait time. Front desk is very kind and friendly. Dr. T’s team (including his coordinator) is solid and we had no complaints. One thing is that we cannot make an appointment via its website - it would be nice if the web-portal site is up and running.
How was your experience with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Trust him and you will get to where you want to be at.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
He is very considerate and always asked how I was feeling every time I had treatment with him. Dr. T is truly a kind man who cares about his patients.
Describe the protocols Drew Tortoriello used in your cycles at Sher Fertility Solutions New York and their degree of success.
After we had a negative pregnancy, Dr. T gave us a different medication plan. Basically we tried different medications (e.g. baby Aspirin, Letrozole, Cetrotide, etc.) in the last transfer cycle. I believe the adjustment he made in the medication plan of the last cycle contributed a lot to conceiving.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Cecilia Choe)
Response is super quick and she rarely makes a communication error.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Describe Drew Tortoriello's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
We were asked about the choice b/w eSET v. Multiple and chose eSET.

2016 - 2019, Successful
He [Dr. Tortoriello] really does never stop trying until you achieve your desired result but at the same time is not too invasive and tries to give you only medication you really need which I really appreciated. The fact that he is so responsive with questions by email was also extremely valuable to me. I can only think of one thing to improve and that would be informing patients about symptoms or consequences that certain medications can have. Overall he is fantastic and would recommend him to everyone struggling with fertility.
The clinic [Sher Fertility of New York] is small and very organized which I think is exactly what you want. The staff is extremely nice ans responsive and always try to help in any manner they can. The nurses doing your blood work are also very competent which is important specially if you end up going weekly! Everything is very clean...As our infertility was unexplained, we started with IUI which unfortunately did not work. After a few tries we moved to IVF which worked perfectly. Sadly we had a miscarriage and later discovered it would be due to autoimmune problems.
Drew Tortoriello is a great doctor who takes huge cafe of his patients. He really does never stop trying until you achieve your desired result but at the same time is not too invasive and tries to give you only medication you really need which I really appreciated. The fact that he is so responsive with questions by email was also extremely valuable to me. I can only think of one thing to improve and that would be informing patients about symptoms or consequences that certain medications can have. Overall he is fantastic and would recommend him to everyone struggling with fertility.
You are in good hands!
Dr T and his team would always answer all my questions via email or in person and treated me with a lot of care. Even when the autoimmune doctor recommended a protocol he thought was too strong for me, we would analyze it in detail and tailor it to my needs.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The clinic is small and very organized which I think is exactly what you want. The staff is extremely nice ans responsive and always try to help in any manner they can. The nurses doing your blood work are also very competent which is important specially if you end up going weekly! Everything is very clean
Describe the costs associated with your care under Drew Tortoriello at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Very reasonable costa always as they work with insurances
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

During my consultation with [Dr. Tortoriello], he took his time explaining to my husband and I what our options were. He explained exactly how IVF works and what needs to be done leading up to the procedure. He also suggested that we try IUI first before moving on to IVF since I had gotten pregnant the previous year by IUI. He has a calm and charismatic misdemeanor and I truly appreciate that... listens to the needs of the patient. Great bedside manner and optomistic. I Highly recommend Dr. T. I had a bad experience with another fertility doctor and Dr. T was the complete opposite.
Everything was great [at Sher Fertility of New York]...One of the front desk workers input my telephone number incorrectly which led to miscommunication with one of my appointments but other than that they were kind to me. Always offered me water and asked how I was doing...Frances Faundez [nurse] was quick to respond to my emails or would direct me to the correct person. She has a friendly demeanor.
Excellent doctor who listens to the needs of the patient. Great bedside manner and optomistic. I Highly recommend Dr. T. I had a bad experience with another fertility doctor and Dr. T was the complete opposite.
Ger ready to get pregnant!
During my consultation with Dr. Tortoriello, he took his time explaining to my husband and I what our options were. He explained exactly how IVF works and what needs to be done leading up to the procedure. He also suggested that we try IUI first before moving on to IVF since I had gotten pregnant the previous year by IUI. He has a calm and charismatic misdemeanor and I truly appreciate that.
Dr. Tortoriello was going to put me on 50mg of Clomid. I suggested we increase that to 100mg since that's the dosage the previous doctor had given me which resulted in a positive pregnancy test. He listened and increased the doseage. I appreciated that. It led to my successful pregnancy!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York. (Assigned nurse: Frances Faundez)
Frances Faundez was quick to respond to my emails or would direct me to the correct person. She has a friendly demeanor.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Everything was great. One of the front desk workers input my telephone number incorrectly which led to miscommunication with one of my appointments but other than that they were kind to me. Always offered me water and asked how I was doing.
My IUI was covered. I just had to pay for clomid which was discounted through insurance.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Sher Fertility Solutions New York

[Dr. Tortoriello] was incredibly compassionate...I never felt like “cattle” and always felt like a person. His quick responsiveness to all of my questions assured me during a very anxiety-ridden time... I never felt like I was going through this process alone. Even after I “graduated” from his care and transitioned to a routine OB, Dr T still answered any outstanding questions I had in a very quick and direct manner...
[Sher Fertility of New York is a] Beautiful calming environment where you don’t feel like 1 in a thousand. You are usually only one of 3 ppl there vs a prior clinic where I sat in an uncomfortable bench with 20+ women waiting to be monitored. I never felt like a piece of cattle...[The nurses are] Lovely people who also put me at ease at every step of the process...Menopur and Gonal injections for egg retrieval— progesterone / estrogen /folic acid post transfer up until 11 weeks pregnant
Dr T’s responsiveness to my questions put me at ease. I never felt like I was going through this process alone. Even after I “graduated” from his care and transitioned to a routine OB, Dr T still answered any outstanding questions I had in a very quick and direct manner.
Trust him.
Dr T was incredibly compassionate - and just the feel of his office was light years different from a prior fertility practice I was treated at. I never felt like “cattle” and always felt like a person. His quick responsiveness to all of my questions assured me during a very anxiety-ridden time.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Lovely people who also put me at ease at every step of the process
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Beautiful calming environment where you don’t feel like 1 in a thousand. You are usually only one of 3 ppl there vs a prior clinic where I sat in an uncomfortable bench with 20+ women waiting to be monitored. I never felt like a piece of cattle at Dr T’s office and that meant a lot.
Everything was covered under my insurance - except for some medications.
2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr T took the time to understand my health history and to date fertility journey...His dedication to helping families is remarkable. He made me feel like there was never a question that I could have children - I needed that confidence! Also his approach to finding my fertility issues were methodical and clear. He also takes a holistic health approach to figuring out an issue. Simply put, I would not have gotten pregnant without Dr T.
Excellent and responsive staff [at Sher Fertility Solutions New York]. I liked how they were all kept in the loop with regards to my treatment and status (ie on email with Dr T or in patient room) . Clinic itself very clean and comfortable- almost as if we were in a spa like environment...Dr T took the time to understand my health history and to date fertility journey...Luckily my insurance covered the treatments (I required testing and small procedures), so fortunately they were reasonable
Trust him and don’t give up. Use him as a resource.
He was always specific in his directions - ie what day to come in for ovarian reserve check and when to evaluate tubes, and what time to take meds etc. He also responded to emails at all times which is very appreciated!
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Excellent and responsive staff. I liked how they were all kept in the loop with regards to my treatment and status (ie on email with Dr T or in patient room) . Clinic itself very clean and comfortable- almost as if we were in a spa like environment.
2011 - 2013, Unknown Success
Was sure to explain every step of each process and always answered any questions. Very knowledgeable in his [Dr. Tortoriello] field. Never misleading. Explained things we had no idea about. As to why pcos causes infertility. Helpful throughout the whole process especially when we ran into issues with our insurance and med coverage ... Explained everything thoroughly and cared about what we were going through. Compassionate and caring
[Sher Fertility of New York] Absolutely amazing so helpful caring and compassionate. Talked us through everything. And understood what we were going through. Felt at ease after our first visit after the first dr we saw was horrible at another clinic ... [Nursing staff] Just like dr very compassionate and understanding ... Expect honesty and to actually feel like a human not a pay check
Was sure to explain every step of each process and always answered any questions. Very knowledgeable in his field. Never misleading. Explained things we had no idea about. As to why pcos causes infertility. Helpful throughout the whole process especially when we ran into issues with our insurance and med coverage
Expect honesty and to actually feel like a human not a pay check
I dont remember
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
Just like dr very compassionate and understanding
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
What specific things went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
When sher nj closed my records got lost in transfer
Purchase (closed)

Dr. Tortoriello always personally answered all my questions or concerns in a very timely manner. When I was waiting in the waiting room he always addressed me by my name with a smile!..He is very caring, compassionate, and funny! He always made me feel very welcome and didn't mind answering questions more than once.
My insurance covered 90% of the [Sher Fertility New York] costs...My advice would be if you have any concerns along the way, you should contact Dr. Tortoriello, directly, and he will will address your concerns immediately...First cycle with Dr T, resulted in 19 eggs...Fresh day 5 embryo transfer...
I couldn’t have asked for a more amazing experience with Dr. T! He is absolutely wonderful and I always felt like I was in good hands. He is very caring, compassionate, and funny! He always made me feel very welcome and didn't mind answering questions more than once.
HGH, estrogen patch, cetrotide. follistim and menopur. Fresh day 5 embryo transfer. First time I did estrogen priming, and using HGH. First cycle with Dr T, resulted in 19 eggs, the most eggs retrieved with my previous doctor was 10. My previous doctor used Lupron, and Dr. T Suggested that Lupron was one of the problems.
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
I have no comment on this subject, I have no comment on this subject!I have no comment on this subject!I have no comment on this subject!I have no comment on this subject!I have no comment on this subject!I have no comment on this subject!I have no comment on this subject!I have no comment on this subject!I have no comment on this subject!I have no comment on this subject!I have no comment on this subject!I have no comment on this subject!I have no comment on this subject!I have no comment on this subject!I have no comment on this subject!I have no comment on this subject!I have no comment on this subject!
My insurance covered 90% of the costs
Sher Fertility Solutions New York
Dr Tortoriello was very attentive to my body and was able to improve my results with egg retrievals, and also improved my lining before the transfer...He added Viagra to my cycle of egg retrieval and transfer to improve egg quality and lining...was always very gentle and caring, he explained his intentions step by step and was always available via email if I had more questions
The team of nurses and crew [at Sher Fertility Solutions New York] were so nice and caring, they were always available for any of my questions...They were very clean and careful. I liked the fact that all treatments like egg retrieval,transfer, doctor appointments were on the same building...Thank you Sher fertility clinic and Dr Drew Tortoriello for the wonderful journey together.
After 3 years of trying to conceive with IVF and other fertility treatments, a friend recommended Dr Tortoriello and starting treatments with him was the best decision I could ever make. After several month I was pregnant 😊 Dr Tortoriello was very attentive to my body and was able to improve my results with egg retrievals, and also improved my lining before the transfer. I trusted his judgment and I am recommending him to any women dreaming to become a mother, he will not give up and try all the new treatments out there. Also, his team of nurses and crew were so nice and caring, they were always available for any of my questions and I was very pleased with the way the handled the clinic during Covid-19 pandemic. Thank you Sher fertility clinic and Dr Drew Tortoriello for the wonderful journey together.
Listen to him he knows best
Dr.T was always very gentle and caring, he explained his intentions step by step and was always available via email if I had more questions
Describe your experience with Sher Fertility Solutions New York.
The team of nurses and crew were so nice and caring, they were always available for any of my questions and I was very pleased with the way the handled the clinic during Covid-19 pandemic. They were very clean and careful. I liked the fact that all treatments like egg retrieval,transfer, doctor appointments were on the same building (with my first clinic those were in a different far away clinic)
around 20,000 $
2020 - 2022, Successful
He [Dr. Drew Tortoriello] took the time to walk me through the process and explain my options to me...He was on top of his communication. He replies to his emails quickly and ensure all questions are answered. I left each appointment knowing what to expect at the next one...If you want to be seen by the doctor (ultrasounds, etc.) the hours are limited to the morning only. Afternoon appointments are done by the technicians only but reviewed by the doctor...
Overall the nursing staff [at Sher Fertility Solutions New York] were very helpful and thoughtful throughout the process...If you want to be seen by the doctor (ultrasounds, etc.) the hours are limited to the morning only. Afternoon appointments are done by the technicians only but reviewed by the doctor. They dont do weekend appointments for general follow up but only for procedures...
I had a wonderful experience. He was on top of his communication. He replies to his emails quickly and ensure all questions are answered. I left each appointment knowing what to expect at the next one.
Dont be afraid to ask. He'll take the time to answer.
He took the time to walk me through the process and explain my options to me
Overall the nursing staff were very helpful and thoughtful throughout the process.
2 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
8 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
I found SIRM at the cutting edge of anything new in the fertility field. The staff was friendly, their phone calls prompt. Clinic clean and calm. During the difficult journey and many IVF cycles that many doctors had given up hope - they were the ones that ultimately were able to think out of the box and get me to my miracle...i loved going to the office!!! they were all fun and caring and professional.
The staff and Dr. Tortoriello were always a pleasure to deal with. Felt like they were my second family. Dr. T always had the time to talk - i never felt rushed, stopped to say hello if he saw me in the waiting room. Was open and honest about potential risks and his opinions. His calm and caring demeanor always made us feel confident we were in good hands.
use him! lol
always patient and attentive to all my questions
i loved going to the office!!! they were all fun and caring and professional.