9.9

9.8

9.7
9.7

LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

Good

Mount Sinai School of Medicine
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
UCLA and Cedars-Sinai Medical Centers

Ellen Goldstein works at

10390 Santa Monica Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90025

2022 - 2023, Successful
Dr. Goldstein is the most accessible and communicative doctor I've ever experienced. I sent her dozens of emails throughout my treatment and always received a response from her directly, often within minutes and always on the same day...She performed all my ultrasounds herself and was present for all my appointments, outside of when I just needed to come in for blood work. I felt like she got to know me as a person and was with me emotionally through the highs and lows of my IVF treatment. I felt like she really cared about helping us to achieve our family goals as a human and not just as our doctor.
The [Beverly Hills Fertility] clinic is clean, brand new and beautiful. I felt very confident in the lab and the main embryologist Dr. Liu. This was important for me because they are a new clinic and there was no data for me to look at prior to choosing them as my clinic...I appreciated having a specific nurse designated to me for my treatments. It was helpful because I knew that they were aware of my situation and were present throughout the IVF process and for the majority of my appointments. I thought both Christina and Mariam were excellent nurses and appreciated that they were there for me to help answer questions, teach me how to use the medications, and were cc'd on all email communications I had with Dr. Goldstein.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
Dr. Goldstein is a caring and skilled doctor and I felt like I was in great hands every step of the way. She is clearly very intelligent and well educated, which made me feel comfortable that she was up to date on the latest scientific research and protocols. What I also really appreciated about her is her bedside manner, and her obvious care for her patients. Fertility treatment is a very emotional, challenging process with lots of ups and downs, and I felt like Dr. Goldstein was very present with me throughout the whole experience. I also appreciated that when it came down to the science, she was very straightforward and didn't sugarcoat things, but communicated it in an empathic, caring way. This was helpful for me because it allowed me to really trust her and know that she wasn't going to try and spin things to sound positive just to make me happy, but that she would be fully honest with me. I really felt like I needed an attentive doctor who would sort of hold my hand through the process, but also be very skilled as a doctor and Dr. Goldstein is the perfect combination of both these qualities.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
Dr. Goldstein is the most accessible and communicative doctor I've ever experienced. I sent her dozens of emails throughout my treatment and always received a response from her directly, often within minutes and always on the same day. I never got the impression that I was bothering or inconveniencing her, even with my occasional anxious late-night emails. She performed all my ultrasounds herself and was present for all my appointments, outside of when I just needed to come in for blood work. I felt like she got to know me as a person and was with me emotionally through the highs and lows of my IVF treatment. I felt like she really cared about helping us to achieve our family goals as a human and not just as our doctor.
Describe the protocols Ellen Goldstein used in your cycles at Beverly Hills Fertility and their degree of success.
I have DOR, so Dr. Goldstein had me start with estrogen priming for both my retrievals. She then had me on 150iu of Menopur, 225iu of Gonal-F for stimulation of the ovaries. She then prescribed Ganirelix for the last 5 days prior to the trigger shot. She utilized an HcG trigger. This was the same protocol for both my egg retrievals.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Beverly Hills Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Christina and Mariam)
I appreciated having a specific nurse designated to me for my treatments. It was helpful because I knew that they were aware of my situation and were present throughout the IVF process and for the majority of my appointments. I thought both Christina and Mariam were excellent nurses and appreciated that they were there for me to help answer questions, teach me how to use the medications, and were cc'd on all email communications I had with Dr. Goldstein. Christina was assigned to me for my first retrieval and then Mariam took over for me for my second retrieval. I did wish that it was communicated to me more clearly that I would be switching over from Christina to Mariam, but I figured it out and it ended up being fine.
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
The clinic is clean, brand new and beautiful. I felt very confident in the lab and the main embryologist Dr. Liu. This was important for me because they are a new clinic and there was no data for me to look at prior to choosing them as my clinic. I felt like I had great results considering I yield so few eggs per retrieval. I did switch insurance companies at the beginning of the year, and my new insurance company (Blue Shield) was not in-network with the clinic which was a bit of a bummer once I became pregnant. So I ended up paying for each OB related ultrasound out of pocket, which would have been fully covered with my insurance had it been accepted. I did find out from the billing department that they are in process of getting paneled with Blue Shield and that will probably happen this year. It was a small price to pay though for getting successfully pregnant and I'd happily pay that three times over if I had to again for a successful pregnancy. That really was the only downside I can think of regarding the clinic overall.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility.
Insurance covered my first egg retrieval cycle, medications, PGS testing, and FET in full. We paid for the second IVF cycle (including egg retrieval & FET) out-of-pocket, which was $13,350 plus the cost of medications. We ended up paying about $2000 for PGS testing in addition, plus some smaller fees for anesthesia and cryopreservation of embryos. Then once pregnant I paid $250 per ultrasound for OB care since they were not in-network with my new insurance at that point. IVF treatment is expensive, but it's all pretty on-par with other similar clinics in the area.
2023, 26 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Goldstein cares about every patient. Her demeanor is calm and respectful...not a one size fits all procedure and she will adjust per person...gives her patients her direct email address (for emergencies) so that if anything happens she can respond personally...made me feel comfortable the whole time and took all my questions seriously. During this process I saw her multiple times for the ultrasounds rather than a nurse...froze all 35 eggs.
This clinic [Beverly Hills Fertility] is not just in it for the money...worked with me to spread out the payments and they were very understanding that this is a big decision...a newer clinic so I think they are still figuring a few things out but overall I cant say enough great things about the staff...Alondra was amazing. Very responsive and attentive...process is overwhelming and emotional and both Alondra and the doctor are aware of this and are sensitive to emotions
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
Dr. Goldstein cares about every patient. Her demeanor is calm and respectful. She talks to you about your options and it's clear she makes sure she does the best option for you individually. This is not a one size fits all procedure and she will adjust per person. We started with much less meds then the first doctor prescribed me. I asked Dr. Goldstein if that would effect my egg numbers. She assured me that we can always add more medicine. Dr. Goldstein did every ultrasound herself so she could see if we needed to change the medication. Luckily we didn't need to make big changes. This saved me 2k by ordering less. I got 35 eggs and 26 mature eggs. During each ultrasound she would talk to you about what she was seeing (and there is a screen for you to see as well) so you understood. If you have questions make sure to ask them in the ultrasound room. If you have a questions she happily answers it and never rushes you through them. But your assigned nurse does talk with you after the ultrasound, so if you forgot a question you can always ask the nurse. I emailed her late at night during one of my injections with a question. She responded within 3 min. I always felt calm knowing her and the staff care about their patients.
Throughout the process Dr. Goldstein took the time to talk about every step with me ensuring I was comfortable and understood what was going on. She was the one to do every ultrasound so that she knew exactly how my body was reacting to the medication. She gives her patients her direct email address (for emergencies) so that if anything happens she can respond personally. Prior to going with Dr. Goldstein, I started at another well known Beverly Hills clinic. I paid out of pocked for the first ultrasound and round of tests. Over 1K for this. Long story short with that clinic I couldn't get the doctor to talk to me as I was just a number and I could either start the medication without fully getting a clear answer from the doctor or go elsewhere. I went elsewhere! Two days before I was supposed to get started with this other doctor my gut said to stop. I called Dr. Goldstein who got me into a consultation the very next day. She listened to my concerns with my body and my last doctor. She said lets do an ultrasound right now and I can give you a clear answer if we can get started. After she sat down, talked about my concerns and assured me I would be safe. I left the other doctor and switched to her. And I am so thankful I did. She made me feel comfortable the whole time and took all my questions seriously. During this process I saw her multiple times for the ultrasounds rather than a nurse.
Night 1-8 Follistim 100 iu Menopur 150 iu Provera 1 pill On the 9th night I was out of Follistim so instead of ordering more she had me do 225 iu of Menopur + Provera 1 pill since I had extra Menopur. (She tries to make sure it doesn't cost us more than it needs to) Night 10 Trigger shot The Provera pill replaced a different shot that other doctors use (I cant remember which one). This is a newer medication but she said it has been shown to be just as effective and was only $11 at CVS for all the pills. I appreciated not having to do a third shot each night. Results : 35 eggs retrieved and 26 mature. They froze all 35 eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Beverly Hills Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Alondra)
Alondra was amazing. Very responsive and attentive. If I asked her a question she either responded right away or asked the doctor and got back to me. She went over how to inject the medication and then the doctor came in for any questions. The process is overwhelming and emotional and both Alondra and the doctor are aware of this and are sensitive to emotions.
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
This clinic is not just in it for the money. They worked with me to spread out the payments and they were very understanding that this is a big decision. They are a newer clinic so I think they are still figuring a few things out but overall I cant say enough great things about the staff and Dr. Goldstein. I know she will always be there to answer question in the future if I need her which I did not get from the first clinic. They do not have a portal like some other clinics to see your test results or messages. All my communication was done through email which I didn't mind at all. It allowed for faster and direct communication.
Consultation: $350 Package: $8000 Medication: $2030 (paid to pharmacy not doctor) Anesthesia: $750 Recommended Vitamins: varies Freezing: First year free then $2,400 for 5 years
LGBTQ+

LGBTQ+
Dr. Goldstein is truly a concierge doctor. She made sure to explain every step along the way. She was available via email almost any time of day. Her overall demeanor was personable and genuine. She spent all the time you needed with her during appointments and it never felt rushed or hurried...Dr. Goldstein knew all the verbiage surrounding treatment of members of the LGBTQ community. She always treated me and my partner with respect and love
The [Reproductive Fertility] nursing staff is BUSY there. I would sometimes have to call and email multiple times about lab orders or protocol before I would get an answer..All of that being said, the ball never got dropped on me...The clinic is in a nice building in Beverly Hills. The surgical center where transfers are done and their labs are located in the same building so that was nice. Everything always seemed clean and sanitary.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
A woman in this field who is as humble, caring, brilliant and amazing as Dr. Goldstein is something I didn’t know existed. She is confident in her skills and puts it all out there for her patients. She also specializes in natural transfers which was a GOD SEND. After all the injections of the retrieval, the last thing I wanted to do was inject myself with an intramuscular needle for weeks. You will also always see her at your appointments (minus blood draw appointments). She is your person so there’s no way your information gets lost or miscommunicated. It’s also nice when you’re in such a vulnerable place to be able to see the same friendly face at each visit and not just feel like you don’t know who will be doing procedures that truly emphasize the vulnerability factor of infertility. As I may have stated in another section, Dr. Goldstein’s communication and ability to give a response in a timely matter is top notch. I emailed her at 7 pm one night during my nightly suppository because I had minor spotting and there was an email response within 10 minutes. Any time anything fell through with her nurses, she would just handle it herself. No question was ever too silly, no concern was ever too petty. She addressed all and any questions or concerns I had throughout the entirety of our treatment with compassion and fact based information. I never felt like she didn’t have my back.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Trust her. She will not give you the runaround or try to squeeze you for extra services. She’s the real deal and has your best interest at heart.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Describe the protocols Ellen Goldstein used in your cycles at Reproductive Fertility and their degree of success.
I was on Gonal-F, Menopur and then eventually Centrotide for my egg retrieval stims. I used Lupron for my trigger shot. Dr. Goldstein was able to retrieve 31 eggs. Throughout the lab insemination process, the embryologist and Dr. Goldstein diagnosed me with low egg quality. We had already committed to PGS testing on the embryos so in the end 8 went in for testing and 4 came back as normal. For my FET I did a natural transfer cycle so the only meds I was on were Endometrin suppositories a little bit before the transfer. The natural transfer cycle did mean that I had to go into the office considerably more often, sometimes 3-4 times a week, to get my blood drawn and levels checked. Blood draws had to be done in the AM so results would be in same day. FET was normal but a bit uncomfortable due to the full bladder. Transfer went smoothly and now I am pregnant with our first IVF baby.
How competent was Ellen Goldstein at LGBTQ+ care?
Dr. Goldstein knew all the verbiage surrounding treatment of members of the LGBTQ community. She always treated me and my partner with respect and love. She also let us know certain extra legal steps we might want to take advantage of since both of our genetic material would not be used during our treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kyra)
So. This would be my only negative part of this experience. The nursing staff is BUSY there. I would sometimes have to call and email multiple times about lab orders or protocol before I would get an answer. Often I would give up and email Dr. Goldstein who would take care of it personally. Nursing staff there was adequately nice most days but also almost always seemed overworked and tired. The one friendly face I could always count on was Gunay. Every interaction I had with her was a positive one and that surely could not be said about some of the other staff there. All of that being said, the ball never got dropped on me because Dr. Goldstein made sure of it.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility.
A complete IVF cycle totaled $20,175. That included her professional fee, Anesthesia, Operating room, ICSI, Assisted Hatching, Embryo biopsy, PGT test on up to 8 embryos, Cryopreservation (freeze) for any remaining embryos, Embryo thaw, and Frozen embryo transfer cycle.

2024, Successful
Dr Goldstein was wonderful and compassionate...was at every appointment and even came in on a Sunday morning for me once...resulted in 3 pgt test embryos...did a true natural cycle with progesterone support. It worked!...took the time to explain and answer my questions. She was confident and kind...Safer not to risk twins was the thought here...went out of her way to help and I can’t explain how important that is when going through ivf.
[Beverly Hills Fertility] is wonderful. Dr Goldstein is at every appointment. Even when it’s busy, you will never wait too long. Almost every appointment I was brought in right at my appointment time. There is easy parking! The lab is great! There are wonderful people there!...Wonderful people, communicative and warm and professional...14,000 for the retrieval and ivf process
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
Dr Goldstein was wonderful and compassionate. She said that, going there, I had a clean slate. I had had 3 failed embryo transfers of pgt tested embryos and I was told I had to have a battery of new tests and go on lupron for two months and…. I was overwhelmed. Having a clean slate with someone made me feel so relieved. She was at every appointment and even came in on a Sunday morning for me once… the office was completely empty. She went out of her way to help and I can’t explain how important that is when going through ivf.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
To trust her!
In a city filled with doctors who are overworked, sick of women’s endless repetitive questions and have the pressure to see more patients than they can handle, Dr Goldstein took the time to explain and answer my questions. She was confident and kind. I was a basket case by the time I found her, and it was the first time in over a year of fertility treatment that I felt safe during my procedures and appointments.
We used menopur, and follistim and gonal (interchangeable medications). I had a really… lovely retrieval. It was honestly wonderful. She kept me off omnitrope, she didn’t think it was necessary to add extra medications. This resulted in 3 pgt test embryos. She believed I would be fine on a natural cycle, despite the 3 previous transfer failures, as I ovulated naturally and had had a previous natural pregnancy. I think she thought it was possible the three failures were based in some kind of error on timing. We did a true natural cycle with progesterone support. It worked!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Beverly Hills Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Erika )
Wonderful people, communicative and warm and professional.
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
The clinic is wonderful. Dr Goldstein is at every appointment. Even when it’s busy, you will never wait too long. Almost every appointment I was brought in right at my appointment time. There is easy parking! The lab is great! There are wonderful people there!
It was about 14,000 for the retrieval and ivf process. I had to pay for the medications as well, but I already had some left over from other cycles with different doctors so I don’t know the exact price. The embryo transfer was another nominal cost. I did not pay close attention to the costs at this point, but it seemed similar for clinics in the area.
Describe Ellen Goldstein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Beverly Hills Fertility.
Safer not to risk twins was the thought here.
2023 - 2024, Successful
Dr. Goldstein is approachable and makes you feel heard...was very comprehensive...took into account my history of miscarriages when speaking to me or suggesting treatments...recommended trying IUI if we wanted to try to expedite the process...prescribed me Clomid...hcg trigger shot 24 hours before the IUI treatment...currently 9 weeks pregnant
[Beverly Hills Fertility] is clean and stylish - they have coffee, water and sour peach gummies...rest of the clinic is very clean and modern too...clinic could improve upon is the patient portal...Alondra was pretty helpful during our experience...were a few times where I had to follow up myself before hearing back
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
Dr. Goldstein is approachable and makes you feel heard. She spends time getting to know you and your history and takes these details into account when making medical recommendations. She is quick to respond to email and the office is rarely closed. She is professional but also has a warm nature to her.
Trust that Dr. Goldstein has your best interests in mind, and it's helpful to be proactive with your outreach and follow up with the clinic.
During the initial consultation, Dr. Goldstein was very comprehensive and made me feel like she really wanted to understand my journey to get pregnant. She asked a lot of questions about my history and spent time with me in her office before any physical evaluation which I thought was really nice. She also took into account my history of miscarriages when speaking to me or suggesting treatments which was refreshing. She remembered my medical history without me having to repeat anything like I've experienced with other physicians, which to me, shows she really cares!
After trying to get pregnant for 7-8 months with no success (and being 35), Dr. Goldstein recommended trying IUI if we wanted to try to expedite the process to get pregnant. She prescribed me Clomid which I took for a few days before the IUI treatment. I didn't feel any major side effects from Clomid when I took it. I had an ultrasound to check my follicle growth a few days later and had two mature follicles. Dr. Goldstein scheduled the date of my IUI treatment for a few days later, and I took the hcg trigger shot 24 hours before the IUI treatment. My husband provided a sperm sample in the clinic the day of the treatment, and Dr. Goldstein performed the treatment herself. We were lucky to have the first IUI cycle be successful (currently 9 weeks pregnant), and we are very grateful to Dr. Goldstein.
Alondra was pretty helpful during our experience, although I will say the follow up could have been more timely. There were a few times where I had to follow up myself before hearing back. But overall, Alondra was helpful.
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
The waiting room of the clinic is clean and stylish - they have coffee, water and sour peach gummies which was fun! The rest of the clinic is very clean and modern too. One area I think the clinic could improve upon is the patient portal. I only found out that they had one because I asked and it was pretty limited in terms of what it offers. I think it would be nice if patients could see their lab results or read about their visits in a patient portal or even message Dr. Goldstein through the portal (most of the messaging happened via email). I think a lot of patients expect some kind of a comprehensive online portal these days to have a proactive role in their healthcare.
IUI cycle was $1500. Clomid medication was $65 after insurance coverage. hcg trigger shot was $49.90.

2023, Successful
[Dr. Ellen Goldstein] showed so much compassion and understanding when we first met to discuss my feelings and history...genuinely cares about her clients...completed an egg retrieval including injectable shots, ultrasounds to track my progress (always completed by Ellen)
From the very beginning, you can tell how cohesive the team is [at Beverly Hills Fertility]...Things are structured and organized and it made me feel at ease...love how women centered the staff is and how everyone feels like family when you spend time completing fertility treatment there!
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
Ellen showed so much compassion and understanding when we first met to discuss my feelings and history as to why I sought out fertility support. She genuinely cares about her clients (as does her amazing care coordinator Alondra and the nurses I worked with on a weekly basis) and she was so honest and up front about success rates as well as fully preparing me for the process ahead. Her support and the smooth egg retrieval process is the reason why I chose to continue with the process and attempt IUI.
Trust her knowledge and discuss your honest concerns with her. She genuinely cares and listens and when necessary she makes shifts or changes to accommodate you throughout the process (for me I was against taking antibiotics before the procedure but she assured me we could move through the process and would only use it if completely necessary).
From the moment I walked in for a consultation, my concerns were taken seriously and I was given an opportunity to discuss my anxiety about getting pregnant as well as the frustration I felt attempting to get pregnant before beginning fertility treatment. She took the time to make me feel heard and from the first meeting I felt like I could trust her.
I initially completed an egg retrieval including injectable shots, ultrasounds to track my progress (always completed by Ellen) and the procedure. The care coordinator really prepared me for the shots as well as things I may experience. The procedure went so smoothly after several ultrasounds and they were able to retrieve many eggs. The care throughout the procedure was amazing! For the first IUI procedure I began with Clomid and even though things went smoothly while I took the medication and during the IUI procedure it didn’t take the first time. The second IUI Ellen suggested to change the fertility medication to a combination of Letrozole as well as injectable medication. For me, this was successful and after the procedure I began taking two progesterone suppositories a day as my levels were low. This cycle of IUI I was able to get pregnant!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Beverly Hills Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Alondra )
I was so grateful for the staff including Alondra and several nurses who really cheered me on and brightened my day while I came for ultrasounds, blood draws, and the procedure. Alondra really cares about her clients and I felt so supported and loved by the team.
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
From the very beginning, you can tell how cohesive the team is. Things are structured and organized and it made me feel at ease. It also felt like it made my whole experience so much smoother. I also really love how women centered the staff is and how everyone feels like family when you spend time completing fertility treatment there! I was genuinely sad to leave back to my OBGYN because I really really felt supported and the staff became so familiar.

2023, Successful
Dr. Goldstein is without a doubt the best Doctor I have ever worked with. Her level of care is unmatched...is so easy to speak to and has such a high level of knowledge and care...follows up on things immediately, and never leaves you wondering...timed intercourse, medication, and a trigger shot for IUI
[At Beverly Hills Fertility] The office staff was so organized. Anytime we needed anything, someone was there to provide it instantaneously....never confusion about appointments, cost, etc....was so friendly, clean, ON TIME, and always had snacks and water in the waiting room, which was a fun touch!
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
There are not enough good words I can use to describe my experience with Dr. Goldstien and her staff at Beverly Hills Fertility. Dr. Goldstien spent a large chunk of time with my initial consult and truly made sure she understood me as a person as well as my needs and issues. She was so easy to talk to, yet she was also so knowledgeable; answering any and every question I had with such patience and kindness. She won't BS you or try to have you do anything unnecessary. She made such a scary experience honestly feel SO easy and seamless. Dr. Goldstien herself is truly one of a kind Doctor and person. We saw her after having some doubts with our last fertility specialist. Dr. Goldstien made our doubts completely go away, as well as found out another issue, gave such attentiveness to the issue, and got me pregnant FIRST TRY. She also replies to emails what feels like instantaneously. She answers all questions honestly and calmly. She is brilliant and knowledgeable in what she does, but is so calm and easy to talk to. I wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Goldstein and Beverly Hills Fertility to anyone embarking on this journey. Their commitment to excellence, coupled with the compassionate care ensures an experience that goes beyond medical treatment. I feel so grateful to be pregnant, and will never forget the amazing level of care I received through this office.
Be ready for a wonderful experience and next level care.
Dr. Goldstein is without a doubt the best Doctor I have ever worked with. Her level of care is unmatched. Dr. Goldstien is so easy to speak to and has such a high level of knowledge and care. She also follows up on things immediately, and never leaves you wondering.
We came up with a strategy together that felt right fort my husband and I. This included timed intercourse, medication, and a trigger shot for IUI. We were very lucky our first treatment worked, and we credit Dr. Goldstein for this.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Beverly Hills Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kayla Morris)
Kayla Morris was equally as amazing in our experiences and time at Beverly Hills Fertility! She is so organized, efficient, easy to communicate with, and truly was there for us every step of the way.
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
The office staff was so organized. Anytime we needed anything, someone was there to provide it instantaneously. There was never confusion about appointments, cost, etc. The office was so friendly, clean, ON TIME, and always had snacks and water in the waiting room, which was a fun touch!
I don't remember exact cost, but I know this was cheaper than the first place I was at by far!
Not relevant to me

2023, Successful
Trust in Dr. Goldstein's advice and recommendations. She truly cares about her patients and takes the time and effort to provide them with personalized care...She gave me a sense of comfort and confidence in my fertility journey...Dr. Goldstein was there for every one of our appointments and explained what was happening very clearly. We were very fortunate that our first IUI cycle worked and could not thank her enough.
The [Beverly Hills Fertility] clinic was brand new and had state of the art equipment and technology. I got used to seeing my ultrasounds on a huge TV which was a change when I graduated to a normal OBGYN. Easily parking and check-in process...Very compassionate and responsive [nurses]. If they didn't respond, Dr. Goldstein would jump in, which I appreciated...Dr. Goldstein was there for every one of our appointments and explained what was happening very clearly. We were very fortunate that our first IUI cycle worked and could not thank her enough.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
I could not recommend Dr. Goldstein highly enough. I had a rough start to my fertility journey after finding out that a previous ovarian cyst removal caused significantly diminished AMH levels (<0.2 for early 30s) and a very low follicle count. I was at a different fertility clinic (large franchise) and both the level of care and bedside manner was terrible - wanted me to do IVF ASAP and told me my poor test results over a voicemail and the first appointment was weeks later before I could discuss with this doctor. I'm so glad I found FertilityIQ and actually shopped around for the right doctor for my needs. When I met Dr. Goldstein, it was a complete 180. When I told her of my unique situation, she explained the treatment options and how she would recommend a tailored approach, which was to actually start with IUI vs IVF, given my low follicle count. She gave me a sense of comfort and confidence in my fertility journey. When we started the IUI cycle, I would email her whenever I had a question and she or her nurse would respond within the day. Dr. Goldstein was there for every one of our appointments and explained what was happening very clearly. We were very fortunate that our first IUI cycle worked and could not thank her enough.
I had started my fertility journey with a different doctor that made me feel like a number. He wanted me to start on IVF without considering my unique medical situation which is diminished ovarian reserve and very low AMH and follicle count. One of the first things that Dr. Goldstein said to me was that she was going to provide me with a personalized, tailored plan. And in her POV, she would actually not start with IVF given how invasive it was and the fact that my low follicle count would not produce many eggs and IVF is very much a numbers game.
I had a very low AMH (<0.2) and follicle count (4) for my age (33). I started taking levothyroxine 25mg to bring my TSH below 2.5 (something my previous doctor never noted). For my IUI, I was taking Letrozole 2.5 MG and Gonal. Dr. Goldstein and I spoke about doing a double IUI since I had 3 follicles with eggs so we did one in the afternoon and one the next morning. Luckily, we were successful with 1 baby (due in a month)!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Beverly Hills Fertility.
Very compassionate and responsive. If they didn't respond, Dr. Goldstein would jump in, which I appreciated.
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
The clinic was brand new and had state of the art equipment and technology. I got used to seeing my ultrasounds on a huge TV which was a change when I graduated to a normal OBGYN. Easily parking and check-in process.
What specific things went wrong at Beverly Hills Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Beverly Hills Fertility.

2022 - 2023, Successful
I was so impressed and amazed by how available Dr Goldstein was for us during or outside of our clinical visits. She performed all my ultrasounds herself (I find this to be uncommon in other clinics!) and being able to see her on each visit and ask questions in person made a huge difference for us...She was so patient when we had thousands of questions and concerns towards the treatment and she knew exactly how to answer all of them with reasons. We definitely felt we were in good hands with her. She is just incredible.
I am so glad I have found such amazing team at BHF...Where to start… they [BHF nursing staff] are all so amazing! Not only do they know what they are doing, but they are the best at making you feel like you matter to them...I was so impressed and amazed by how available Dr Goldstein was for us during or outside of our clinical visits. She performed all my ultrasounds herself (I find this to be uncommon in other clinics!) and being able to see her on each visit and ask questions in person made a huge difference for us.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
Dr Goldstein is the most caring, personal, patient, flexible, and understanding doctor I have met. My husband and I tried 2 IVF doctors before coming to her. Our experience with our previous doctors wasn’t bad in terms of succeeding in the IVF (Although ended in a miscarriage). However, our main struggle with the previous clinics was that the doctors weren't often present and we felt abounded at times during the treatment. I was so impressed and amazed by how available Dr Goldstein was for us during or outside of our clinical visits. She performed all my ultrasounds herself (I find this to be uncommon in other clinics!) and being able to see her on each visit and ask questions in person made a huge difference for us. I see IVF to be physically exhausting but more so, mentally challenging. She took the time to learn our history and made a personalized plan for us. She was so patient when we had thousands of questions and concerns towards the treatment and she knew exactly how to answer all of them with reasons. We definitely felt we were in good hands with her. She is just incredible.
Don’t waste your time searching for anywhere else like I did. Dr Goldstein is like no other doctor. Have your questions ready, and trust her if you decide to go with her.
She took the time to get to know us as people. This also goes out to all the nurses and staff in the office. They all knew the sad history we have with our last child, they treated us like a family and were genuinely feeling for us and crying with us at times.
Our case is little bit complicated… With infertility related issues, no one can tell you exactly what the problem is. With our case, we knew one of the problems was a high fragmentation with the sperm. Dr Goldstein had mentioned this to us and gave us an option to use donor sperm (she never forces you to do anything, she gives you an option), but my husband and I really wanted to try with our own egg and sperm. We moved forward with it on our first round of IVF with Dr Goldstein in January 2023. However, it didn’t succeed. Next month, we shipped our embryos (of our own eggs and sperm) that we froze last year in another country to Dr Goldstein’s office and did a transfer. This didn’t succeed either. We took a little break after that to take care of our health and in April, we listened to Dr Goldstein’s suggestion and decided to do another round with donor sperm this time and then that worked! There is more to our story, but I am gonna keep it short. All I want to say is that Dr Goldstein would only give you advice and options that best suit you and all you have to do is trust her. Looking back, she was paying such close attention to the doses of my meds, when to take a break, when to transfer and how many we transfer and every detail. She made me feel like I really mattered. Because she made me feel so special, I often felt like maybe I was a special case!, but I know she puts the same effort into every case. She is beyond.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Beverly Hills Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Adrianna)
Where to start… they are all so amazing! Not only do they know what they are doing, but they are the best at making you feel like you matter to them. Thanks to Adrianna and Alondra for making yourself always available for me. Thanks to Christina for always caring for me. Thanks to Erika for giving me a hug when I most needed it and crying with me. What I most appreciated (besides their generosity) is that they make themselves available to the patients and are so easy to reach. In my previous clinics, communication was the most difficult part. When you can’t reach anyone, you are discouraged and lose confidence in the process. I am so glad I have found such amazing team at BHF.

2023, 28 Eggs Frozen
I got to see Dr. Goldstein on every visit...When I met her, the first 5 mins we talked about what I do, what got me interested in doing this, and what my future plans were. We had talked about the process, how it works and she gave me the information I needed to proceed...I was initially told I would have a good egg count, but I was shocked at how great my result were. I was extremely pleased...The procedure is very quick and recovery was easy for me.
[Beverly Hills Fertility] Pro: Very kind and informative Doctor and nurse staff. Very clean office Cons: Just come a little early to find parking on street and if not go to parking structure but it’s a bit costly and no validation there. Just allow yourself an 45 to and an hour there if you are there early mornings, it’s a bit slow to get in...I got to see Dr. Goldstein on every visit, office is really clean and easy to find. All the nurses were very helpful and staff was very kind to me. The location was perfect for anyone living in the Beverly Hills/ century city location. I was initially told I would have a good egg count, but I was shocked at how great my result were. I was extremely pleased.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
As someone who is 35 single and working on my career, the pressure of aging eggs started to stress me out a bit and wanted to freeze my eggs while I was still young. Pro: I got to see Dr. Goldstein on every visit, office is really clean and easy to find. All the nurses were very helpful and staff was very kind to me. The location was perfect for anyone living in the Beverly Hills/ century city location. I was initially told I would have a good egg count, but I was shocked at how great my result were. I was extremely pleased. They were very honest about the cost and timing of the process. Also they help sign up for discounts on the medication as well. Cons: I never paid the parking structure but I know it’s a bit pricey but there are places to park on the street with meters. I’d give yourself 45-1 hr per appt just cause I knew it took about 10 mins to be called after my appointment set time, but once I was called it moves quickly. Overall I had a great experience and would totally recommend going or at least making a visit for consultation.
Don’t hesitate to ask any questions, she will answer you questions or find the answer for you.
For the egg freezing process I went through the following: 21 days of birth control and started other meds 4 days later. I took 1 oral medication Provera, 1 injection of Follistim and 1 injection of Menopur for 11 nights. They provided a walk through on how to do the medication but there is a video as well they provide and available to FaceTime if needed. After the 11 nights I did 1 trigger shot at the exact time needed and did the procedure the day after. The procedure is very quick and recovery was easy for me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Beverly Hills Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kayla)
Kayla was very responsive on email and provided me a handy calendar of my medication but I like to double check and make sure the medication I was told at the office matches the email too.
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
Cost for 1 egg freezing process: 1 consultation, labs, pelvic ultra sound, medication, anesthesia, 1 year of storage and the procedure cost about $12,000.

2022 - 2023, Successful
Dr. Goldstein was very hands on and spent a lot of time with us. She is very experienced and her recommendations and treatment plan made sense to us. Ultimately, we got the results that we wanted which was our top priority so we would continue to see Dr. Goldstein in the future and we'd highly recommend her to our close friends and family...at first, Dr. Goldstein wasn't as detailed in explaining the treatment and outcomes as I preferred but after I asked her to be more detailed she was.
The [Beverly Hills Fertility] clinic is great - very welcoming, very relaxed...Parking is expensive... The only weaknesses of the clinic were that sometimes they were over-scheduled with long wait times, and at first, Dr. Goldstein wasn't as detailed in explaining the treatment and outcomes as I preferred but after I asked her to be more detailed she was...all of the Medical Assistants know the names of patients and they are very responsive.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
Dr. Goldstein was very hands on and spent a lot of time with us. She is very experienced and her recommendations and treatment plan made sense to us. Ultimately, we got the results that we wanted which was our top priority so we would continue to see Dr. Goldstein in the future and we'd highly recommend her to our close friends and family. The only weaknesses of the clinic were that sometimes they were over-scheduled with long wait times, and at first, Dr. Goldstein wasn't as detailed in explaining the treatment and outcomes as I preferred but after I asked her to be more detailed she was.
Have your questions prepared for the visits
The clinic is very hands on - all of the Medical Assistants know the names of patients and they are very responsive.
At first we tried a natural cycle protocol that didn't work that well for me, so Dr. Goldstein quickly adjusted to a birth control lead-in with stimulation/Lupron which worked better. I had also consulted a physician in India who suggested certain dosing of the stimulation drugs and Dr. Goldstein was willing to try it - to combination of achieving synchronization and more stimulation worked well for us. For the transfer we agreed to start with natural cycle transfer and avoid progesterone shots, and it worked for us and we are currently pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Beverly Hills Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Erika Gonzalez)
Erika was our care coordinator and she was very compassionate, knew us well, and helpful to follow through on the treatment plan. We were very proactive and wanting to understand the details of our treatment (personal preference), and both Dr. Goldstein and Erika were very responsive by email and in person during visits.
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
The clinic is great - very welcoming, very relaxed. The building it is situated in is a little weird because it's mostly residential. Parking is expensive and the clinic only validates for 12 minutes.
Depending on the treatment, $10-15K per cycle not including embryo testing, anesthesia, embryo cryopreservation.
Dr. Goldstein is very experienced and able to try various protocols with comfort and she does spend time presenting options and answering questions so that it can be a shared decision.

IUI With Other Docs
[Dr. Ellen Goldstein] is extremely empathetic, understanding and always willing to answer all our questions. She also uses extremely personalized protocols for each of her patients and goes above and beyond to make sure to be at every single appointment so that she has a thorough knowledge of you as a patient. She replies to emails almost always within the hour and has called us personally for every important news, good and bad. We trusted her fully and did not once doubt that she had our best interest in mind and went above and beyond to get us the best possible outcome.
The [Beverly Hills Fertility] clinic is gorgeous, the interiors are classy and minimalistic and the staff is warm and affectionate while being extremely good at their jobs. It was very easy to make appointments and we never waited more than 10 mins for an appointment. They are extremely organized and well run under the leadership of Dr Goldstein...Erika was our nurse and did a good job of communicating with us regarding medication instructions and preparing us before egg retrieval and transfer procedures. She also was extremely compassionate and really cared for us and was rooting for us the whole time.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
Dr Goldstein is extremely unique in the way that she does every single ultrasound and procedures. As a result, she is very closely attuned with the individualized cases of each of her patients. I have a higher AMH and was at an increased risk of OHSS from egg retrieval because of the number of eggs retrieved. Dr Goldstein assured me that she would make sure I did not get OHSS and she was very confident about it. She monitored me using both ultrasounds and labs and adjusted medications to make sure I had the best results without developing any issues. My surgery went very smoothly and I was fully recovered within a week. Dr Goldstein also suggested a natural frozen embryo transfer (FET) for us which meant I did not have to take the dreaded PIO shots. I was nervous about an unmedicated cycle because I didn't trust my body could do it but I feel grateful that Dr G trusted me and saved us so much money along the way because I ended up getting pregnant the very first cycle without medications. Throughout the whole process it felt like Dr Goldstein was part of our team, rooting for us, doing her very best constantly to ensure we get the best outcome and she made it happen.
To trust her judgement and advice. She really knows what she is doing and even if there are small road bumps along the way, she is gathering all the data and fine tuning the next step and its best to just trust her completely. She will not lead you astray.
From the very first consultation with Dr Goldstein, my husband and I felt that not only is she outstanding as a doctor, she deeply cares about helping people create their families. She also is extremely empathetic, understanding and always willing to answer all our questions. She also uses extremely personalized protocols for each of her patients and goes above and beyond to make sure to be at every single appointment so that she has a thorough knowledge of you as a patient. She replies to emails almost always within the hour and has called us personally for every important news, good and bad. We trusted her fully and did not once doubt that she had our best interest in mind and went above and beyond to get us the best possible outcome.
For my egg retrieval cycle I used Menopur and Follistism and the dose needed to be adjusted once based on how my body was responding to the medications. I also took Ganirelix towards the end to prevent premature ovulation. Finally, I took 2 Lupron trigger shots 12 hours apart before the egg retrieval surgery. Dr Goldstein recommended a natural frozen embryo transfer cycle so the only medication I took during that time is Endometrin progesterone suppositories for about 12 weeks.
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
The clinic is gorgeous, the interiors are classy and minimalistic and the staff is warm and affectionate while being extremely good at their jobs. It was very easy to make appointments and we never waited more than 10 mins for an appointment. They are extremely organized and well run under the leadership of Dr Goldstein.
We were opposed to the idea of twins and Dr Goldstein was in alignment and preferred for us to have a single embryo transfer to avoid any unnecessary risks or complications.

1 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
She [Dr. Ellen Goldstein] is well-informed, knowledgeable about the latest statistics and studies, honest about the available paths forward and their risks, compassionate, and incredibly caring...She knew my medical history by heart. And she always patiently and kindly answered our questions along the way and made herself available via email, even on weekends...Her in-depth knowledge, care, compassion, and generosity with her time all helped us through this process. I wish this level of care for anyone else going through this uncertain process.
The [Beverly Hills Fertility] environment is clean, airy, and welcoming. Appointments are almost always very on time. Overall, a well-organized clinic where they deeply care about your outcomes. We felt supported every step of the way...[nurse] was always organized and quickly scheduled my following appointments at the end of every visit. I will miss working with this team. I wish I could continue to work with them until my baby is born.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
I initially came across Dr. Goldstein on a virtual appointment with Maven. She is well-informed, knowledgeable about the latest statistics and studies, honest about the available paths forward and their risks, compassionate, and incredibly caring. I set another appointment where my husband and I could align on a path forward with her insight. We were so impressed with how caring she was that we transferred all of my frozen eggs from one of the most well-renowned doctors in our state to her. This was not a light decision because the previous doctor was in-network with our insurance and Dr. Goldstein was out of network. We thought this through and decided that it was worth spending our savings on going through this process while under Dr. Goldstein's care. We are both glad we made the switch. This has been one of the most uncertain and emotional processes we've been through. Her in-depth knowledge, care, compassion, and generosity with her time all helped us through this process. I wish this level of care for anyone else going through this uncertain process.
Instead of spending days and weeks with your worries and feeling alone in this process, reach out to Dr. Goldstein. She made me feel fully supported through this process and the path forward was not as grim as my fears would make me believe.
She genuinely cared about the results of the process as well as the pace of the process. We encountered a minor delay in the process and I could see on her face that she was genuinely sad that I was experiencing a delay. Unlike my other doctor, she knew me and my husband as people. She knew my medical history by heart. And she always patiently and kindly answered our questions along the way and made herself available via email, even on weekends.
We thawed my frozen eggs, created embryos, performed genetic testing on all, and proceeded with transferring one of the embryos with the best chance of live births. I am currently (happily) pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Beverly Hills Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Adri Simental)
Adri strikes a great balance between being professional, kind, and fun. She had an entertaining story to share every time she drew my blood and that made the process so much more pleasant. She was always organized and quickly scheduled my following appointments at the end of every visit. I will miss working with this team. I wish I could continue to work with them until my baby is born.
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
The environment is clean, airy, and welcoming. Appointments are almost always very on time. Overall, a well-organized clinic where they deeply care about your outcomes. We felt supported every step of the way.
I greatly appreciate that she worked with my natural cycle to reduce unnecessary medications. She also explained the advantages of moving forward with a single embryo transfer (i.e. reduced risk of premature birth as well as many other possible complications). This was consistent with what my Ob from years ago had taught me. The choice was clear.

2022 - 2023, 8 Eggs Frozen
Investor
2 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Ellen [Dr. Goldstein] spent an hour with me during my initial consultation listening to me and my concerns and desires and never pitching me or selling me. She was equally as proficient in her medical expertise as she was in the more emotional vulnerable aspect of the process...She ALWAYS replies to emails personally and/or calls if you need something. I always felt cared for and taken care of in every single visit, and even in every email and communication. She is a true, honest, straightforward yet warm doctor who is extremely knowledgeable in her field and I trust her 100%
The [Beverly Hills Fertility] clinic is super clean and nice (it is new)...The clinic has plenty of rooms and space, and the best part is that the operating area is right there so you feel comfortable and know exactly what the expect on the day of the procedure which helps with the nerves...Everyone is amazing. Adrianna specifically handled most of my comms with the office and was always super quick to answer any concerns about appointments, medications, pharmacy help or anything else. I always felt like she was aware of my needs and she always gave me a call or email same day as my appointments to follow up with how things were going and any adjustments.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
I love Ellen and everything she has created for people like me at Beverly Hills Fertility. She represents everything that for me was missing from such vulnerable treatments around fertility. Ellen spent an hour with me during my initial consultation listening to me and my concerns and desires and never pitching me or selling me. She was equally as proficient in her medical expertise as she was in the more emotional vulnerable aspect of the process. I didn’t come back to start the process until months later and she never doubted why I took time to decide or pushed me to do it before i was ready. She ALWAYS replies to emails personally and/or calls if you need something. I always felt cared for and taken care of in every single visit, and even in every email and communication. She is a true, honest, straightforward yet warm doctor who is extremely knowledgeable in her field and I trust her 100%
Once you communicate what is important to you and share what you need from the process, let go and trust her in all of her guidance (even if it is different from what other doctors have said or you have read online). Just let go and trust that she makes special protocols for YOU with everything you have come with in mind and her team will take care of you
Ellen is amazing and she hires other women that are also caring, knowledgeable and hard working. Staff always remembered me by name and were super kind. Night and day experience from other places like SCRC
I shared the last 2 protocols i had with other doctors with Ellen including the results from both. We discussed them and what we thought could improve from the other cycles. She then decided to give me estrogen pills before the cycle which i had never tried before, given my eggs had grown to very different sizes in other cycles. She then had me on 20 units of Lupron morning and night as well as 150 IU menopur in mornings and 300 units or gonal at nights. My eggs grew to much more similar sizes so her hypothesis was correct.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Beverly Hills Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Adrianna Simental)
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
The clinic is super clean and nice (it is new). They are really conveniently located on Santa Monica and Beverly Glen. Parking lot is easy to use and to get up the office from but i always tried to find metered parking (much cheaper). The clinic has plenty of rooms and space, and the best part is that the operating area is right there so you feel comfortable and know exactly what the expect on the day of the procedure which helps with the nerves.
The egg freezing cycle was $8000 which included all of the ultrasounds, blood drawn during monitoring, visits and procedure. The $300 consultation fee i don’t recall if it goes towards that… if it does I didn’t get the credit because I forgot to ask. The medication was probably $4000 more for me.
2023, Successful
I loved Dr. Goldstein. I originally found her from this website and had to come back and review her because she really made a difficult experience for me, as painless as possible. I have PCOS and was worried I would have to go through intense treatments to get pregnant. Dr. Goldstein got me pregnant with Letrozole, and throughout each round she was so gentle, honest, caring, responsive, and positive. I got pregnant within 3 months of seeing her, and couldn't be more grateful for her care and compassion. Highly recommend.
It [Beverly Hills Fertility] is a clean, new, and beautiful clinic. Staff is friendly. If you are time, you are seen within a reasonable amount of time. If you are late, you might have to wait a little bit but they will always try to squeeze you in and never turn you away...[nurse] Erika was there throughout the whole process. She was also very vibrant, kind, and caring. She is responsive both through email and phone. I was very grateful to have her there supporting me as well. All the staff is amazing, but she is the one person I can name because we spent a lot of time in contact.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
Don't be afraid to ask questions. I know it is nerve wracking to begin this process, but take care of yourself along the way and remember we all have our journeys.
Dr. Goldstein has a very honest and nurturing demeanor. She is always up front about treatment and the fertility process, while also remembering that there is an individual on the other side who is going through real life challenges. This is reflected in her treatment, and she is very responsive to calls/emails, etc.
We did 3 rounds of Letrozole for my PCOS to help my body ovulate. On the first round, I had unexpected bleeding, so we assumed that round didn't work. I got pregnant two rounds later.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Beverly Hills Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Erika)
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
I can honestly only think of strengths. It is a clean, new, and beautiful clinic. Staff is friendly. If you are time, you are seen within a reasonable amount of time. If you are late, you might have to wait a little bit but they will always try to squeeze you in and never turn you away. Only good things.
Not completely sure

2022, Successful
I was shocked by how available Dr. Goldstein was for us. My first visit, she sat in her office with me and my partner for over an hour and just got to know us and our history. She cared, she laughed with us, she empathized with us. She let us email her at any time and called us any time we asked, even in the late night...she kept close track of my ovulation to determine the length of time to do the stims, and under ordered my medication so I wouldn't have to pay more than necessary...
Amazing clinic [Beverly Hills Fertility], well run and well organized. The girls are so friendly, they make themselves available to me whenever I needed it, and never bruised me when taking my blood a million times a month...I was greeted cheerfully, the girls would laugh with me and keep things light. They took care of me like I was their own. To give me my good news, they all got together and called me together and I was so touched I cried about it for days...
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
Dr. Goldstein is something else. She is heaven sent for anyone going through infertility. She made us feel seen, she gave us her time, took the time to answer our 1 million questions, was willing to do what we were comfortable with without any judgement. She made herself available to answer my 1000 million questions, even when I would sent silly questions late at night she responded in 5 minutes. She cares. She would see me happy and get happy, she would see me nervous and reassure me. She would see my excited and set my expectations realistically. She took the best care of us, all while keeping us realistically hopeful the entire process. I couldn't rave enough.
I would say to trust Dr. Goldstein. She really knows what she's talking about and what she's doing, trust her. I'm very into research myself, and would go research the advice or things she'd tell me and see that she really knows what she's talking about.
My husband and I didn't want to do IUI. The low success rate didn't feel like something we could handle, and she was supportive of our decision without pushing in any direction. We did a relatively normal IVF cycle, where she kept close track of my ovulation to determine the length of time to do the stims, and under ordered my medication so I wouldn't have to pay more than necessary. She ended up saving me so much money, because my stims were relatively short. We did the transfer in the next cycle with minimal hormonal intervention which was refreshing, no trigger shot or anything (which was great because that first trigger was so hard on my body). I got pregnant the first round of IVF thanks to Dr. Goldstein's magic.
Coming to the clinic for me felt like coming to my cousin's house. I was greeted cheerfully, the girls would laugh with me and keep things light. They took care of me like I was their own. To give me my good news, they all got together and called me together and I was so touched I cried about it for days. They were so good to me every step of the way I couldn't be more appreciative.
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
Amazing clinic, well run and well organized. The girls are so friendly, they make themselves available to me whenever I needed it, and never bruised me when taking my blood a million times a month. I don't have any weaknesses honestly. Bring a jacket for the waiting room lol
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Beverly Hills Fertility.
They had to be within a certain time frame when blood work was involved, in order to get results back that day. But if it was just an ultrasound, the timing was more flexible than that
I think the treatment was around 14k for IVF, and an addition 4500 for genetic testing. I could be wrong, don't quote me.
I was strongly against having twins ( I don't think I can handle two at once, but more power to those who can). She was supportive of my decision, and instructed us when to use protection to prevent twins as well as only impanting one embryo.

2022, Successful
Dr. Goldstein is a true girl boss – fabulous, knowledgeable, down to earth, has an amazing team, and most importantly, she balances reality with optimism. I always felt that I was in such great hands...She’s also extremely research, fact, and digitally minded, so I personally felt like all decisions were up to date and never needed a second opinion...as a patient you see Dr. Goldstein each time so there was no need to rehash or get a surprise during each visit...
[at Beverly Hills Fertility] Costs are basically divided into two main buckets: (1) procedure-related fees and (2) medicines. (1) is the clinic’s fixed fee and (2) depends on how your ultrasounds go. Regardless, Dr. Goldstein is very intentional about not over-ordering for medicines, minimizing any unnecessary costs and medicine waste...Dr. Goldstein’s team does an amazing financial onboarding session, which happens right before finalizing everything...
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
Dr. Goldstein is a true girl boss – fabulous, knowledgeable, down to earth, has an amazing team, and most importantly, she balances reality with optimism. I always felt that I was in such great hands, and as someone who likes to do her research, I could then just clarify or validate things with her or her team at any time. This also allowed me to just focus on myself and the journey towards egg freezing. She’s also extremely research, fact, and digitally minded, so I personally felt like all decisions were up to date and never needed a second opinion.
Figure out what you want to do, why things have or have not worked, and come prepared with any questions (you also don’t need to have any). I saw all this because once you’re in, the clinic is such a well-oiled machine that things can happen on Day 1! It’s incredibly exciting, and so if you need more time to think, do your research prior and learn as much as you can. Also, depending on what your purpose of visit is, find the 3-4 attributes that you’re looking for in a doctor / clinic. Once I identified mine, I only chose Dr. Goldstein (vs. talking to a few doctors), and I already knew that I wanted to work with her after doing my research, and I’ve never looked back.
I felt like a human because everything was extremely personalized - from getting to know the entire team and each other to adjusting protocols or strategies on the fly and essentially figuring it out and learning along the way. It also made a difference that as a patient you see Dr. Goldstein each time so there was no need to rehash or get a surprise during each visit. Each visit was then almost predictable and quicker (or longer) based on what you needed at that particular time. If I felt like a number, I’d be in and out in five minutes, seeing different team members, and needing to memorize my case in order to explain the purpose of visit.
I had an ultrasound and bloodwork as an initial step for follicle count and other important baseline measures. Based on those results, you get a rough schedule about your personalized plan. Once we had my target start date, I ordered my medicines, and you get an onboarding of the medication. Throughout the days you’re on medication, you have ultrasounds, bloodwork, and then once ready, you have your trigger shot (36H prior to retrieval). Then, I had my retrieval. It took a few days to recover and about two weeks to fully feel back to normal. It was a success!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Beverly Hills Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Erika & Christina)
The nursing staff was everything for me. By the end of my few weeks at the clinic, you know everyone’s names and some personal stories. It really makes a difference when the team is extremely approachable, knowledgeable, and incredibly caring. I had endless questions, and each of them were extremely proficient. I really felt like they were with me each and every step of the way (until I got picked up post-retrieval).
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
Strength for me would definitely be the overall clinic’s aesthetic. It never felt like I was going to a hospital, rather it was somewhere that was very comfortable, clean, and welcoming. Location was also a major plus for me - I chose based on proximity to my work (about 15 minutes). This is especially handy when and if you have your appointments in the early mornings. I cannot think of any weaknesses aside from parking - but that’s an issue throughout the city. If you’re deciding across clinics, I’d say the #1 factor is really who you’re seeing / the doctor. I’d travel for Dr. Goldstein!
My total costs for egg freezing were about $13K. Costs are basically divided into two main buckets: (1) procedure-related fees and (2) medicines. (1) is the clinic’s fixed fee and (2) depends on how your ultrasounds go. Regardless, Dr. Goldstein is very intentional about not over-ordering for medicines, minimizing any unnecessary costs and medicine waste. My insurance paid for a little more than 50%. It’s important to set a budget for the total costs and confirm things with your own employer / insurance so you know what you’re in for. Dr. Goldstein’s team does an amazing financial onboarding session, which happens right before finalizing everything. If you’re reading this far, just go for it. The entire process is life-changing, and I will forever be grateful for Dr. Goldstein and her team!

2022, 10 Eggs Frozen
1 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. Goldstein is a wonderful doctor and human...1. She saw me at every visit...2. She gave me realistic expectations and checked those with every visit as the process progressed. 3. She sincerely cared about how much money I spent on meds. She timed everything perfectly...4. She let me know from day one that she was available to answer any question as it came up and not to hesitate to reach out. Emailing her, even late at night, received a speedy response.
[Beverly Hills Fertility] Strengths: -Exceptional doctor and staff -Lovely office with validated parking -Short wait times -Price - I didn't do a lot of shopping around but I believe Dr. Goldstein is priced slightly lower than other clinics in the area. Especially if you factor in that the first year of egg storage is included in the fee. Weakness: Dr. Goldstein is the only doctor. I'm sure there's a backup plan if something comes up - I never asked!
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
Dr. Goldstein is a wonderful doctor and human. This was my second round of egg freezing and some things stood out about my experience with her: 1. She saw me at every visit (as opposed to another clinic where I only saw my doctor for the consultation and retrieval). 2. She gave me realistic expectations and checked those with every visit as the process progressed. 3. She sincerely cared about how much money I spent on meds. She timed everything perfectly so I wouldn't have extra meds but also recommended upping the dose when it made sense. 4. She let me know from day one that she was available to answer any question as it came up and not to hesitate to reach out. Emailing her, even late at night, received a speedy response.
Be honest and upfront with your questions. Do research so you know which questions to ask. She'll answer them and give you all the information you need to make personal decisions.
Dr. Goldstein always took her time with me to address my questions and concerns. Her facility itself is brimming with kind employees who prioritize patient care. Her tone always comes from a place of confidence and knowledge but never from a place of superiority and arrogance.
I started with estrogen pills 7 days after ovulation. Days 1-4: 225 follistim, 150 menopur Days 5-11: upped to 300 follistim Days 8-12: ganirelix Day 12: trigger shot + what was left of follistim (about 275) Day 14: retrieval 13 eggs retrieved, 10 mature
Erika was an absolute delight. She was always cheerful, compassionate and professional. Having a dedicated coordinator makes the process so much easier - I never felt like I was throwing my questions out into the ether. Erika was on it! Every other person (finance, front desk, nurses, embryologist, anesthesiologist) at the clinic I interacted with was wonderful. Clearly, hiring people who are on board with Dr. Goldstein's ethos is a priority for the clinic.
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
$8000 for doctor visits and procedure $500 for anesthesia $4000 (approx) for meds (I believe the range is 3-5k) 1st year of storage is included

2022, Successful
Erika was our absolute favorite coordinator [at Beverly Hills Fertility]! She is so professional, responsible, and above all- caring. She always has a smile on her face and it makes this process less heavy when someone is happy to greet you and excited for the next steps...I always felt like I could reach her with any questions and was in great hands throughout this entire process...
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
Dr. Goldstein is an exceptional doctor that is very knowledgeable and confident in what she does. As a patient, I never questioned her judgement and always felt safe and secure in her decisions for our course of treatment. She is responsive and easy to get ahold of if I ever had/have any questions. I never doubted for a minute that with her by our side during this process, we would absolutely achieve the family my husband and I always dreamed of.
Trust in her experience and knowledge! The infertility process can have ups and downs and unforeseen twists. And if something is not going as planned, she undoubtedly will adapt and problem solve in a way that will be best for you in the long run. I never doubted anything she recommended during our journey for a minute.
The office and Dr. Goldstein are so inviting and welcoming. They felt like family and were so supportive of me during the ups and downs. I felt like I was in the best hands possible.
For our transfer, we decided to do frozen and attempt a natural cycle. Through consistent daily blood work, she discovered that my hormones were out of whack and made the decision to cancel the cycle. For the next cycle, she recommended a medicated cycle with estrace and PIO shots. This would guarantee more control over my levels. It proved true, as I am currently pregnant!
Erika was our absolute favorite coordinator! She is so professional, responsible, and above all- caring. She always has a smile on her face and it makes this process less heavy when someone is happy to greet you and excited for the next steps. She was absolutely amazing in every way. There is not a single negative thing I can think of to say. I always felt like I could reach her with any questions and was in great hands throughout this entire process.
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
Beverly Hills Fertility is beyond amazing. They are responsive to questions, organized, welcoming, and not to mention the office is state of the art! They are at a completely different level than any fertility clinic I have visited prior. The level of professionalism and competence the entire staff possesses is unlike any other. For any new future patients, if you are researching and wondering if you should become a patient—-DO IT! I am so grateful to have been referred to this office and becoming a patient was the best decision I have ever made.
I was always able to schedule my monitoring appointments with no problem. Dr. Goldstein worked around my work schedule to avoid me having to miss too many days. They were amazing at fitting me in during times that were more convenient for me.

2022, Consult
2 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
[Dr. Goldstein] was kind, took time to explain everything and set realistic expectations given my body's limitations, and always answered questions quickly via email...The first cycle was cancelled due to a cyst, but it was gone the next month. I did 11 days of 150 iu Gonal-F plus 2 powder vials of Menopur per day, 4 days of Cetrotide at the end of the cycle to slow the bigger eggs, and got 10 eggs retrieved (9 frozen). The previous two cycles, I got 6 and 3, respectively, so this was a much better response.
[at Reproductive Fertility] I mostly worked with [the nurse], who was kind and great at calling with results, or explaining protocol patiently...$5800 for the retrieval and ultrasound appts; $3000 for the drugs...I would have liked more effort in figuring out why my insurance didn't cover this round of treatment when they had before, though I do think they tried...I'd also like there to be a payment plan to make it more accessible.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr. Goldstein was the second doctor I went to in my fertility journey, and the experience was night and day different. She was kind, took time to explain everything and set realistic expectations given my body's limitations, and always answered questions quickly via email. I'm so sad it took me 3 cycles to find her - always go with your gut, and find another doctor if you don't feel like your first one cares enough!
No advice
Dr. Goldstein is clearly very invested in her patients and very involved in the cycle from start to finish.
I have diminished ovarian reserve, so we started hormone treatment on the first day of my period, after I came in for an ultrasound. The first cycle was cancelled due to a cyst, but it was gone the next month. I did 11 days of 150 iu Gonal-F plus 2 powder vials of Menopur per day, 4 days of Cetrotide at the end of the cycle to slow the bigger eggs, and got 10 eggs retrieved (9 frozen). The previous two cycles, I got 6 and 3, respectively, so this was a much better response.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Gunay)
I mostly worked with Gunay, who was kind and great at calling with results, or explaining protocol patiently.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
I would have liked more effort in figuring out why my insurance didn't cover this round of treatment when they had before, though I do think they tried. I saw that they didn't try to run it through insurance (as in, the $6k that I paid out of pocket isn't showing up against my out-of-network deductible). I'm calling my insurance tomorrow to try to figure it out. I'd also like there to be a payment plan to make it more accessible.
$5800 for the retrieval and ultrasound appts; $3000 for the drugs, and still waiting on the anesthesia/procedure clinic bill. My insurance didn't cover this round at all.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr Goldstein is the perfect balance of optimism and realism...Dr Goldstein encouraged my questions (and after hours emails!) at all times...Appointments with Dr Goldstein are on time, not too long, not too short and always a pleasure. We always have a laugh...Trust her advice and list of practitioners (especially for the HSG test which can be painful but was made a good experience due to her thoughtful referrals)...
[Reproductive Fertility] Strengths - free valet parking on site, cheap parking rate, clinic and lab all in one location...Nurse Gunay was amazing - supportive and so excited for me! Always prints off my pictures to takes home and schedules me around work times...the patient coordinator made the call to check this [insurance] for me, AND got it in writing from my insurance, so when the insurance tried to charge me for labs, I had the email and BOOM charges gone...
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr Goldstein is the perfect balance of optimism and realism - I am someone who needs the facts and needs to understand exactly what is going on with me, and Dr Goldstein encouraged my questions (and after hours emails!) at all times. I truly believe she accurately predicated why I was having fertility issues and was able to resolve them ON THE FIRST TRY. Appointments with Dr Goldstein are on time, not too long, not too short and always a pleasure. We always have a laugh.
Book now. Do not delay. Trust her advice and list of practitioners (especially for the HSG test which can be painful but was made a good experience due to her thoughtful referrals) and you're set. Don't wait. Do it now. Fertility is a very tenuous thing, and I wish I had of seen Dr Goldstein years earlier.
From the very first appointment Dr Goldstein was warm, funny, uplifting and informative. She made me feel normal, and her confidence that she would get me pregnant had me trusting her from day one. I am so so happy I was recommended to Dr Goldstein by my friend.
1. Blood tests for genetics diseases and STI's for both me and hubby 2. HSG dye test at referred clinic (thank god I went there - this procedure can be overly drawn out and painful but the Dr was amazing and we were done in minutes.) 3. Monitoring of egg production via ultrasound while on clomid for 5 days 4. Ultrasound before insemination reveals clomid produced eggs but thinned out my uterus, Dr Goldstein was very honest in saying this round might not be optimal, BUT if we do get pregnant it would not impact the pregnancy. Told me that next round we can use different drugs so left feeling hopeful and not defeated. 5. Arrived for sperm collection and IUI. Clinic saw us on a Saturday which was AMAZING! Dr again stressed that this could be a practice round - very good job managing my expectations 6. Blood test to check pregnancy two weeks later 7. PREGNANT! Dr Goldstein shared my joy 8. First scan - TWINS! Over the moon. She made a dream come true for us. Little heartbeats present.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Nurse Gunay )
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
Strengths - free valet parking on site, cheap parking rate, clinic and lab all in one location, very nice looking clinic with the most delicious candy at the front desk and tea and coffee and magazines and tv. No complaints here! Oh - they are nice and quick to come in and see you after you're undressed - no waiting around pant less haha
Totally covered by insurance AND the patient coordinator made the call to check this for me, AND got it in writing from my insurance, so when the insurance tried to charge me for labs, I had the email and BOOM charges gone. I only pay a co pay for any additional appointments not related to IUI and even then it's only $35 a pop. Ultrasounds free under insurance.
Describe Ellen Goldstein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Fertility.
I did not do this procedure
2022, Successful
Dr. Goldstein took into consideration our goals and finances and worked with us to find a treatment plan that was perfect for our needs. Dr. Goldstein also was always available between visits by email or a phone call...really took the time to explain treatment plans and options. She answered all of our questions thoughtfully being informative but also sensitive that we were getting a lot of information at one time. She took a whole-person approach taking into consideration our goals and treatments to match our goals...
The clinic [Beverly Hills Fertility] was clean and staff were welcoming. Dr Goldstein does all her own ultrasounds and even occasionally came to the waiting room to room me. The clinic is overall welcoming and a great place. The waiting room can get busy at times but there is always a place to sit...Dr. Goldstein took into consideration our goals and finances and worked with us to find a treatment plan that was perfect for our needs. Dr. Goldstein also was always available between visits by email or a phone call...
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
Dr. Goldstein is absolutely amazing and I would highly recommend her to anyone struggling with fertility. She took time to answer questions and evaluate treatment options. We would not be pregnant now without her assistance. Overall it took 4 months - 2 months with IUI then a cyst occurred we needed to take a break. We had 1 more IUI after and now have a successful pregnancy! Dr. Goldstein took into consideration our goals and finances and worked with us to find a treatment plan that was perfect for our needs. Dr. Goldstein also was always available between visits by email or a phone call. I feel completely comfortable in her care and know that anyone going to her is in good hands.
I would recommend lots of open communication. The more you communicate the better Dr. Goldstein knows you and gets a feel for your needs. Be open and honest with her.
Dr. Goldstein really took the time to explain treatment plans and options. She answered all of our questions thoughtfully being informative but also sensitive that we were getting a lot of information at one time. She took a whole-person approach taking into consideration our goals and treatments to match our goals. She also never hesitated with a call or an email to answer any questions that came up between treatments.
The first 2 treatments we used letrozole and IUI. The last (successful( IUI we used a combination of letrozole and gonal F.
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
The clinic was clean and staff were welcoming. Dr Goldstein does all her own ultrasounds and even occasionally came to the waiting room to room me. The clinic is overall welcoming and a great place. The waiting room can get busy at times but there is always a place to sit.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Goldstein was absolutely fantastic the entire way through the process. From the initial consultation, where she clearly laid out our options with a frank and honest discussion, to all of the times we emailed her with question and she responded within minutes to hours rather than days...We never felt pressured into one treatment or another; she made it very clear she was there to support whatever we needed. When we had questions we could email or call her, and we received responses usually within an hour, and this was even after hours...
the clinic [Reproductive Fertility] was easy to find, clean and modern, and we were receiving ultrasounds weekly so we always knew what was going on with the babies. They also went out of their way to work with my insurance (as I had fertility benefits I was able to use)...The nursing staff was fantastic. There were two or three nurses that we saw with regularity, and each were attentive and helpful....
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr. Goldstein is extremely knowledgeable, friendly, and very easy to talk to. We never felt pressured into one treatment or another; she made it very clear she was there to support whatever we needed. When we had questions we could email or call her, and we received responses usually within an hour, and this was even after hours. We could not have been more happy with our choice of doctor.
Go with Dr. Goldstein. She was fantastic and very willing to answer all questions we had. It is extremely obvious she valued us as people, not just as a source of income.
Dr. Goldstein was absolutely fantastic the entire way through the process. From the initial consultation, where she clearly laid out our options with a frank and honest discussion, to all of the times we emailed her with question and she responded within minutes to hours rather than days, she was great. If we were to go through a second round we would absolutely go with Dr. Goldstein again.
The primary issue we had with getting pregnant was male factor infertility. Dr. Goldstein's examination of my wife showed no problems on her side, and that we were ideal candidates for IVF (while my sperm count was a bit low, it was well over what was needed for IVF). She offered IUI, but given our ages we opted for the highest chance of success with IVF. She used a natural cycle approach, so we timed the medication the injectable medication in accordance to when her last cycle was. While taking the full round of injections we visited Dr. Goldstein at least twice a week for ultrasounds (which she herself conducted) and blood testing. At all times we could tell how the eggs were growing where she was. After the "trigger shot", there was the egg retrieval, which again was done by Dr. Goldstein. The eggs were fertilized and frozen in preparation for my wife's next cycle (again, in accordance with her natural cycle approach). A couple weeks (I believe) after the next cycle, we went back in for the transfer. Again, Dr. Goldstein did this. I was able to join my wife in the room while this happened, and she even provided us a picture of the embryo prior to implantation. After the transfer, we continued following up with Dr. Goldstein, and we were scheduled to come back into the office to test and see if the transfer was successful. My wife and I were very excited though so we took at home test -- success. We emailed Dr. Goldstein, and she replied within a few minutes (which was typical for her) with a very excited email and we moved up the visit to confirm. The first ultrasound that occurred after this period we were in for a surprise. Though Dr. Goldstein had implanted only one embryo, there were now two babies growing. Dr. Goldstein had been very clear that there was an increased chance for this to happen prior to the beginning of treatment due to "assisted hatching". Throughout the first 10 weeks after implantation Dr. Goldstein continued to have us come in weekly to check on their growth As we continued through the 10 weeks, we also did a genetic screening test using my wife's blood (non-invasive for the babies) and the results came back that they were genetically normal and that they were identical baby boys. Dr. Goldstein was always careful to check with us before she told us the sex to ensure we wanted to know. After the 10 weeks, we transferred to the OB doctor who will be delivering the twins.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Fertility.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
I honestly don't know of any weaknesses. The only doctor we saw at the clinic was Dr. Goldstein, so I can't speak to the other doctors' competencies. However, the clinic was easy to find, clean and modern, and we were receiving ultrasounds weekly so we always knew what was going on with the babies. They also went out of their way to work with my insurance (as I had fertility benefits I was able to use).
I believe it was about $20K for the full freeze / transfer cycle and associated medications. However, I had an absolutely amazing fertility benefit called Progyny so my portion was only around $2K.
Dr. Goldstein had all the embryos tested and ranked according to how well developed they were. Her strong opinion was that we start out with only one embryo transfer, and so this is what we did. The embryo that we chose was the "healthiest" one available.
2021, Consult
2 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. Goldstein took a thorough history for both me and my husband, and explained well to us what could be contributing to our recurrent miscarriages. She ran tests on what she thought were all necessary rule outs...without testing for things that she thought were frivolous--though I got the impression that she would run other tests if I requested them...She was responsive at all times, gentle, validating, and patient...
Front desk staff [at Reproductive Fertility] is kind, responsive, and friendly. Parking was easy--there's a garage that you can pay for, but we were amazingly able to find parking on sunset. We saw the doctor herself and not nursing staff in her place...When we requested medical records she [nurse] was quick to respond, and when we needed tests ordered she got us the slips right away...
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr. Goldstein took a thorough history for both me and my husband, and explained well to us what could be contributing to our recurrent miscarriages. She ran tests on what she thought were all necessary rule outs (noting that the likelihood was simply poor egg quality, but testing for other possibilities) without testing for things that she thought were frivolous--though I got the impression that she would run other tests if I requested them. We made the decision to do IVF with eggs I had frozen a few years ago, and she explained what that process and all the risks would be for that. However, during the process of getting started with those eggs, I got pregnant again. I emailed her on a Sunday to tell her--but I was not hopeful at all given our history. She was immediately responsive, and positive but not annoyingly so given my emotional state. I asked her if I should use progesterone supplements because I'd read about that for women with recurrent miscarriages. She said she did not think there was evidence that I needed it yet and I should get tested for HCG/progesterone the next day, but offered to write the prescription anyway if it would help me feel better because it wouldn't hurt. I've never experienced that from a doctor before--I've been told no each time I asked an OB. I took her up on the offer and started the sups, and did HCG beta testing the next day. She called me personally with results as soon as they came in. Because the pregnancy seems viable so far, we paused on the process for IVF but are keeping the door open. I didn't feel any pressure from her to press forward with the embryo making...I've felt supported the whole way, and if this doesn't go positively, she is someone I would feel incredibly safe doing the next step of this process with.
Dr. Goldstein addressed my feelings about having had recurrent pregnancy losses, and while she explained the statistics to me and the likelihood of different outcomes with IVF, she was attuned to how my grief/anxiety might impact my choices just as much as the data. She was responsive at all times, gentle, validating, and patient.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Lizette)
Lizette was kind and responsive to emails. We never met in person. Her emails were a bit hard to understand, and we had to call for clarification a couple of times. She seemed to assume we knew more about the process/necessary steps than we did, but explained things in more detail when we asked her specifically. When we requested medical records she was quick to respond, and when we needed tests ordered she got us the slips right away.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
The clinic is beautiful, clean, and in a great building. They do blood draws in house, though they send them to quest for results so it's easy enough to go to quest if you prefer. Front desk staff is kind, responsive, and friendly. Parking was easy--there's a garage that you can pay for, but we were amazingly able to find parking on sunset. We saw the doctor herself and not nursing staff in her place. It was as great an experience as something like this can be.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Fertility.
Both my husband and I had a blood test for our karyotypes, STDs, and about a million other things for me but only those two for him...we were waiting for results and eventually were told that the order for his karyotype test had somehow not been logged in the system so Quest never got results for us. It wouldn't have been a huge deal other than he's afraid of needles so getting him to do another blood draw is an uphill battle!
2021, Unknown Success
Dr Goldstein used as little medication as possible and worked to meet my timing needs for the IVF cycle and retrieval. She also was able to meet my needs and special accommodations due to my anxiety and PTSD...She carefully monitored and titrated my medications throughout my more complicated IVF cycle to ensure that I did not get PCOS. She called and checked in on my multiple times throughout the process. Any concerns and she made the time to talk it through with me
The [Reproductive Fertility] practice is great and timely but I feel that they often don’t get back as quickly as I wished. So I found that emailing Dr Ellen Goldstein was just faster...~$21,000 for IVF cycle Not sure of the IUI but it was about 175 for ultrasound and consultation...They are very nice and always were caring and sensitive. I never felt that they were grouchy and always felt welcome.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr Goldstein is attentive to every detail. She is careful and calculated and I trust her medical decisions completely. She carefully monitored and titrated my medications throughout my more complicated IVF cycle to ensure that I did not get PCOS. She called and checked in on my multiple times throughout the process. Any concerns and she made the time to talk it through with me. She was always professional and pleasant at each appointment. Dr Goldstein is always available and I didn’t need to search google for answers because she was always right there with the answer and a return email was often received faster than any google search would have even answered it! She really cares about me as a person and I feel deeply connected. She is part of my team, rooting for me and working with me step by step in this emotional journey. I couldn’t have done this without her (she was the 3rd provider I tried) and thankfully I found her! Every practice has its strengths and I feel that Dr Ellen is the perfect mix of all! Superb medical knowledge and understanding of statistics mixed with the human and faith aspect of knowing that we will do all we can and hope is never lost as it will only take one embryo to have your miracle. And she really gave me hope and continues to. Hopefully we will have our baby soon.
Dr Goldstein was so supportive of me and my husband and gave us all the time in the world that we needed in our initial consultation - highly recommend that you meet with her for an in person consultation! She also is careful about how much of each medication she orders and she watches her spending carefully so that you pay the minimum needed for a successful IVF cycle. If anything comes up, email has been the easiest way for us to reach Dr Goldstein and also by far the fastest.
While being treated by Dr Goldstein I really feel like she takes the time to talk to me, answer all emails, share my emotions and discuss the depths of whatever comes up in this process. She was willing to adjust and work with me in ways no other Dr was able - such as adjusting my timing of treatment to avoid Saturdays as much as possible for religious observances, she made adaptations to the typical procedures to accommodate for my needs as a result of my PTSD, she answered emails and call late at night and was available at a drop of a hat when things were confusing or unclear during the IVF cycle. She tracked all my cycle and meds as a human and I felt like I was her only patient!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
The practice is great and timely but I feel that they often don’t get back as quickly as I wished. So I found that emailing Dr Ellen Goldstein was just faster! They are very nice and always were caring and sensitive. I never felt that they were grouchy and always felt welcome.
Haven’t had this as part of my treatment
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Fertility.
Somehow the front desk staff lost some documents that we filled out and we had to have them resent a second time. They also didn’t call with my results until after I requested the results from the doctor. I was expecting the nurse to call me when the results were received.